bnbooner

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 3 years, and was last online 8 months ago
  • Low community participation

Reviews by bnbooner

Thanks to Myokem for sending it out!
  October 16, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Libido
  • Vascularity
  • Increased HardLean Muscle
  • Slight Vascularity In Shoulders
  • Less Water Retention
  • High Cost
  • No Energy Increase
SUMMARY:
This is a supp that is supposed to provide both anti-estrogen/mild test boosting effects, or double as a hardening agent, with potential libido increase as well (presumably from better T/E ratio). I think for the most part these claims can be somewhat supported by my experience.

SUMMARY:

I took this while in a cutting phase. I like using hardening agents/estrogen blockers/etc while cutting because I find they usually help my core look a lot drier and bring out vascularity that I really want to show once I am nearing the end of a dieting phase. This didn't disappoint in that area.

Safflower Seed: This is an extract that provides anti-estrogenic effects.If you look at the source Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2006 Nov; 70(11): 2783-5. you can actually see them compare it to Tamoxifen (nolvadex) which is a SERM.

Brassaiopis Glomerulata Extract: this acts as an aromatase inhibitor, which essentially improves you T/E ratio

Acacetin: this also acts like an aromatase inhibitor and also has historical use as an aphrodisiac which may explain why some who use it experience an increase in libido

Mangosteen Extract: this is thought to be an ingredient to help with fat loss but I haven't seen too too compelling of research or studies on it.

All of this with bioperine added (5mg as per usual) for increased absorption

Dosing is pretty easy. Two capsules a day, they're small and jet black and easy to swallow. No after taste, indigestion, or burps or discomfort from the pills which is nice.

This definitely had the "dry out" type effect that I was looking for, and more so than the previous estro supp that I reviewed by VMI (although that was cheaper/better value). My arms were insanely vascular during this run, especially forearms and even at rest. Delt veins were more visible than usual and those are hard for me to get to show, so that was a plus. Also feel like my face looked a little more defined than usual so maybe it WAS helping me not hold that extra water I usually do in trouble areas lol. In terms of actual performance can't say it did much more than the actual aesthetic appeal of hardening, and some mild potential (maybe placebo) boost in libido (I've heard others say acacetin has helped it for them though so I may not be tripping about that).

At 50 dollars for just 28 servings (4 weeks) I must say this is pretty expensive... I think this is a fairly solid supp so that helps bump value up a tad but considering that other estrogen etc type things I have used such as Exotherm have been more effective for the same price or cheaper but also last longer takes a little away from it in this category.

Side Effects

I didn't really have any side effects from this. This doesn't crash your estro like some other things, so no sore joints etc, no acne or any other sides like that.

Conclusion

Overall, I think this is a really awesome supp to experiment with whether you really are trying to lower estrogen or want to use it during a cut to harden up and show some more definition and vein action. Worth a try if you wanna drop 50 bucks on it to experiment!

Thanks to Loud Muscle Science for sending it out!
  August 10, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Libido Booster
  • Blend

I think this CAN in fact work, but I just cannot justify buying this based off the price and prop blend, where total milligrams of the blend is close to the entire necessary dose of just one of the ingredients in the blend...

I have used things like DAA, Tongkat, and mixed ingredient "booster" type supps (but dosages disclosed) in the past while cutting down as I notice I lack in certain areas of my "energy" while cutting down but these supps can typically combat this pretty decently.

I will say the ingredients themsel...

I will say the ingredients themselves are awesome. All super solid for this kind of supp. Tongkat ali and maca from experience are effective and awesome, horny goat weed and tribulus are staples in these kind of blended supps, ashwagandha is a great ingredient that I take daily (aside from this run of course) as well as yohimbe bark (not extracted yohimbine HCl unfortunately) which has a ton of merit for this sort of supp in terms of energy and libido.

The biggest issue here is the dosing. The entire blend comes down to 780 mg. Here is the huge issue with that. The ashwagandha pills I take are 1200 mg of ashwagandha extract (an effective dose). If Ash is one of several ingredients that ADDS up to 780 how could it possibly be of a correct dosage? Or Tribulus, where many pills out there are 1000 mg. AND horny goat weed, which many companies sell in 1000 mg pills. See what I am getting at? The entire blend dosage of several ingredients isn't even as large as a dose of what is seen as effective for ONE of them which is pretty disappointing. You could understand maybe on a supp that is 30 dollars but at 90 dollars, I just don't see why.

Dosing is super easy. 2 pills, easy to swallow. I didn't have any indigestion or heartburn or bad tasting burps from this.

I found this to be not a cure-all, 100% of the time effective supp, but I did think it worked around 2/3 of the time which is honestly a much better ratio than a lot of other of these kinds of supps I have tried so I would say it def was effective in terms of both mentally and the physical side of things regarding the purpose, so I was actually pretty surprised with it despite my qualms with dosing.

Value is the huge thing damaging this product, it unfortunately is not a good value. For a 1 month supply of a supp that some ingredients are likely (*probably* mathematically) underdosed, it is 90 dollars, whereas comparable blend competitors come out to around 1 dollar per serving (1/3 of the price) OR one could buy capsules of pure ingredients and probably end up constructing not only a 2 month supply instead of 1 month for the same price, but it would probably be more effective and dosed better alongside being cheaper.

Side Effects

Little faster heart rate than usual it seems, probably due to the Yohimbine in it. Can cause anxiety and typical stim effects for some people.

Conclusion

I think this supplement does work, however if you take this daily (which some ingredients in this are only noticeable if you take them daily rather than case by case) I just cannot justify 3 dollars per serving, especially when you don't even know if you're getting an effective dose of these ingredients. I'd have to say it would make more sense to buy raw ingredients since not only would it be cheaper but it may even be more effective since you can dose it correctly and accordingly.

Thanks to VMI Sports® for sending it out!
  July 20, 2018

• Improved Vascularity
  • Leaning Effect

Seemed to drop water weight and look very slightly drier quicker than usual if I were to cut without using this. None of the typical low estro symptoms/bad side effects.

I was not surprised to see this product containing 150mg each of DIM and Indole-3-carbinol but I understand why-these help regulate the metabolites of estrogen in your system so you essentially get a more optimal ratio between your hormones so your system isn't "dominated" by this high amount of estrogen. That's the best way I can think of to describe this simply. For reference, DIM can be used medically or supplementally for things ranging from acne treatment to reducing types of cancer in women that are associated with abnormally high estrogen so there obviously is some weight to the effectiveness of DIM, and I3C is converted to DIM in our body as a precursor so there's that.

This formula also has Calcium-D-Glucarate which, to my understanding, helps lower estrogen levels as well by helping your body excrete it if there is too much of it (which explains why it is included haha).

Chrysin is supposed to reduce conversion of test to estrogen, so this is definitely a plus. I have seen some conflicting research on whether it actually works when ingested orally (or even transdermally for that matter), but props for it being included as something that MAY be effective.

Also, Astragin is included to help bioavailability of this all which is a nice touch.

Dosing is easy. Just two small capules down the hatch once a day. No aftertaste or heartburn or anything.

This is my third time trying an AI/estro block type supplement, with the previous being plain Arimistane capsules and then Exotherm by BLR. I wanted to try this primarily to help dry out during a cut, hold less water weight, harder muscles/more vascularity etc. Exactly what you would expect one may look for when using a supp like this. From my experiences in the past cutting, I did seem to drop water weight a little quicker than usual on this and my core looked a little better at a higher bodyfat, and my shoulder vascularity came a little sooner. I won't say these effects were anything crazy though, it seems as though it just "advanced" my progress by like 5-7 days or so visually if that makes sense. Those other two supps were much more noticeable in making my physique look hard, improving vascularity, BUT at the expense of I also felt like they were too strong to a degree. I feel I crashed some E using arimistane and had the joint issues as well as a little wtf moment with energy levels etc., and fortunately I didn't have these bad low estro effects from Arima XD.

You can purchase this on Amazon, 30 bucks for 30 servings. At $1 per serving, definitely cheaper than some other estrogen reducing supps on the market. Since this is more of a niche market some companies really upcharge their products so this is pretty good value for the category!

Side Effects

I really didn't have any that I can think of. Didn't have any dry joint pain or crashed estro symptoms which you can get with some other supps like higher dose Arimistane, so this was a plus.

Conclusion

Overall, if you want to experiment with an estrogen blocker/cortisol reducer I think this supplement is a fantastic starting point because it's not as harsh/severe as some others. If you are experienced and have tried some of these before I don't think you'll necessarily be blown away by this but the lack of strong side effects with some of the desirable traits of lower estrogen and cortisol may be enough to give it a try.

Overall
    Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!
      June 8, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Relaxation
    • All Natural
    • Deep Sleep
    • Fairly Priced
    • Inconsistent Effects
    • Not Best For Immediate Kick

The ingredient profile is pretty comprehensive for a sleep aid, stopping just short of expensive supplements that make claims of boosting your GH production while sleeping.

This includes magnesium glycinate (a better...

This includes magnesium glycinate (a better absorbed version of magnesium compared to your run of the mill magnesium oxide) at 300 mg, l-theanine an amino acid that helps you feel calm and relaxed (I like this in pre workouts too btw!) 6mg of melatonin (a medium-high generally effective dose), as well as valerian, reishi, jujube, and wulinshen, which are all herbs/roots/plant-based ingredients that also assist with relaxation and sleep.

The picture I initially saw of the label online had a prop blend but the one I received every dose was disclosed so props to them for going in the right direction!

Taste/Mixability doesn't really matter here, as the pills don't have any aftertaste. They are capsules that are very easy to swallow and the dosage is 3 capsules per serving. They're small enough to actually swallow all at once if you're decent with pills haha.

This is my first full sleeping aid I have used aside from generic/basic things like a pure melatonin pill, or a 5-HTP and tryptophan thing you could find at a basic pharmacy or convenience store. What I have found in the past is that I am an extreme non-responder to melatonin, even at high dosages like 10mg and above, so you can kind of trust me when I say that this supplement actually works and it's not just the melatonin with a bunch of other fluff.

Now this doesn't knock me right out, nor does it even make me fall asleep faster than the average person (I know bc living in same bedroom in university dorm as a roommate while taking) BUT when you do have mild insomnia or racing thoughts or restlessness I DO find that this seems to somewhat help. I was just slightly more relaxed, and this isn't placebo either likely because I genuinely thought it wouldn't work, and played around with dosages.

Worth noting, this worked pretty well for me 2/3 of the time but 1 out of every 3 times I would take this it would not be noticeable. This could be due to any sort of thing, anxiety, caffeine, you name it, but worth mentioning.

Amazon sells this for 18.95 for 30 servings which leaves each serving at around 63 cents which is a pretty good deal actually considering if you want to use this as needed, you don't take it every day and it will last awhile for less than 20 bucks. If you're one of the lucky people who can get away having good sleeps assisted by solely a low dose of melatonin then this may not be a good value for you compared to that but in the sense of more comprehensive sleeping aids/boosters this is pretty good!

Side Effects

I actually had no side effects with this. No habits formed (although I didn't use every single night repeatedly) nor did I feel a sort of "hangover" the next morning/day that some people report with sleeping aids!

Conclusion

Overall, I am pretty pleased with my experience taking this supplement and it outperformed my expectations of it. I would even consider buying it again in the future since I can spread out dosages and save them for nights where I feel like I actually need it! Worth trying for less than 20 bucks imo!

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
      April 16, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Fully Disclosed Label
    • Proper Doses
    • Great Pumps

I'm a natural bodybuilder who is attending the University of Arizona, I run a fitness page on instagram @ boonbrandon, and I have been fascinated by supplementation for quite awhile and have put hours and hours into reading sports medicine journals and research papers testing how effective supplements/individual ingredients are. I mostly am familiar with different formulations of pre workouts, so this is right down my alley.

This without a doubt is the most comprehensive ingredient profile I have ever seen on a pre workout. I'm not going to list each individual ingredient because you can just check out the label of it to see the list, but I will just say that every single area of this pre workout is incredibly "complete" for lack of a better term. A lot of pres just have one "pump ingredient" or possibly two if clinically dosed. This has citrulline, agmatine, AND nitrosigine. There's a clinical dosage of Leucine, of Betaine, there's two forms of creatine... all potent muscle builders. For a pre where the only stim is caffeine (but found in two forms) the focus is awesome thanks to Tyrosine, Choline, Theanine, AND Huperzine. Another thing to be said about the ingredient profile is that they used all "name-brand" ingredients. CreaPure. MagnaPower. Kyowa-quality. Nitrosigine. VitaCholine. Calci-K. CarnoSyn. They could have just used generic sources for each of these ingredients but they used the high quality name-brand ownings of these ingredients so you truly know you're getting the purest of each ingredient.

On top of this, with the pre workout, NutraBio sent out a letter explaining EVERY SINGLE change they made to the formula from V4 to V5 including changing ingredients to "name brand" ingredients for guaranteed quality and slightly upping the dosages of certain ingredients to reach the clinically effective dosages as shown in studies.

Another super impressive touch with just how transparent the label is is how they show even dosages of the "other ingredients" (210 mg sucralose, 30 mg acesulfame potassium, 30mg beet root for color). I have never seen another pre workout show this, because I believe they're not required to. NutraBio is just WILLINGLY showing absolutely everything for us.

I got the blue raspberry flavor, and while it wasn't the best blue raspberry supplement I have ever had, it certainly wasn't disgusting and who drinks pre workout for the taste anyway? Dosing is super simple- one serving is one scoop. Mixability was surprisingly good for how many ingredients are in this, the only thing that can happen is that it can foam up and leave some foam residue on the side of your cups so once you chug it down you may have to add some extra water into the cup, swish it around, then drink it again to get everything.

This is definitely the most effective out of all the "clinical dosed" category of pre workouts that I have tried. What I mean by this is that it may not be as energy-intensive as say, a pre workout that is stim heavy and has DMHA and Hordenine and Higenamine and Yohimbine in it, but this still somehow competes with the effectiveness of those despite caffeine being the only stim. Obviously the energy is a lot more gradual and "clean" but I really enjoyed it and still managed to get some positive cognitive effects as far as focus goes. Endurance and pump is super solid with this, and using this while both on a calorie surplus AND a deficit I was able to say it is very useful for either.

So this can be found for 39.99 for 20 servings. This lands it at 2 dollars per serving, which definitely is on the more expensive side of pre workouts. HAVING SAID THAT, I think this is completely justified. I'm fully confident if you bought all the ingredients in bulk and tried making something comparable the serving price would be well above $2, and they used all of the very highest quality name brand ingredients in clinical dosages rather than just generic ingredients and this is definitely what makes the value acceptable compared to other clinical dosed pres that land around $2 per scoop anyway.

Side Effects

I didn't really have any side effects I can think of with this. No sleeplessness, anxiety, jitters, or hard crash.

Conclusion

Overall, I was incredibly impressed by this. Especially as someone who likes higher stim pre workouts, to use a more research-based pre where the only stim is caffeine and have just as solid of performance enhancement was pretty incredible. Sure, it is slightly expensive, but when you see just how many ingredients are in there, the dose, and the quality (name-brand) of each ingredient, you will understand that this is actually about as solid of a pre as you can find.

Thanks to Healthy Life Solutions for sending it out!
      March 27, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Occasional Moderate Libido Increase
    • Overall Not Notably Effective

I am a 20 year old natural bodybuilder at the University of Arizona. I have been interested in supplements since I first started lifting and got very involved with researching the clinical studies on them. I run an fitness page on instagram @boonbrandon as well.

Tongkat Ali 200:1 extract (higher concentration than some which offer only 100:1) in 800 mg per serving (two pills). Also known as longjack or eurycoma longifolia. This is claimed to boost testosterone, act as an aphrodisiac of sorts boosting libido and give energy etc. (as a result of test levels increased)

Dosing is easy, just two small capsules. No taste issues or obviously any mixability issues. It says to dose 5 days on 2 days off but I figured I would use all 30 servings consecutively because I was under the impression "cycling" on and off is for longer period use and I was just trying for a month so I wanted to use it to its full potential of effectiveness.

I know I am young so some of you reading this may say "well of course it didn't work for you, testosterone boosters only work for older people with lower test." Well, first of all I have tried DAA before which in fact can* (conflicting research) boost testosterone even in young men 18-24 and I felt more of an effect from that than I did from the tongkat ali even though I had higher hopes of this. I tried this because in a harsh caloric deficit like the one I was in, sometimes you lose energy "desire" etc. and I wanted to see if this helped. It seemed to have an occasional effect. It would "kick in" sometimes I would feel and I would feel a boost in drive and desire but was unpredictable it seems. Some days were effective and others it's like nothing was different.

Value is a mixed bag. 60 dollars for 30 servings isn't necessarily cheap, at 2 dollars per serving. However, many tongkat ali supplements ARE very expensive given it seems to be difficult to source or produce products with since so many companies charge this much for it. For example, another company on Amazon sells the same 200:1 extract in 400 mg pills and gives 50 pills for 58.50, so there is only 25 servings instead of 30 for roughly the same price. However, you can also find the Nutricost 200:1 Extract, 60 pills of 500 mg for ONLY 13.95, which is actually more tongkat ali for less than 1/3 of the price.

Side Effects

Honestly had no undesired side effects from this. Some people say testosterone boosters/libido enhancers, or related ingredients like DAA can give you pretty bad acne etc. but this did not carry any of those.

Conclusion

Overall, I had very high hopes for this product and sometimes* I could feel the positive effects (libido energy etc) while on a caloric deficit where usually those drop, but it was hit and miss in effectiveness and I am definitely not sure if it is worth the price at 2 dollars per serving.

Thanks to VMI Sports® for sending it out!
      February 18, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improved Hydration
    • Reduced Fatigue
    • Taste
    • Endurance
    • Fully Disclosed
    • Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate
    • Artificial Dyes

To start off, we have the three BCAAs Lecuine (3.5 grams - above the baseline 3 gram dose needed to be effective in clinical studies) and Isoleucine and Valine at 1.75g each. On top of the bcaas, 400mg MGG is included (magnesium glycinate glutamine) as well as TRAACs electrolytes by Albion to assist with hydration. These are seemingly subtle touches but definitely beef up what would be a simple BCAA formula. Also, 1.25 grams of Betaine is included (betaine helps with strength/endurance) and is definitely one of my favorite ingredients found in pre workouts so it is cool to find it in an intra workout so I was very impressed with that!

Aminogex really knocks it out of the park in all 3 of these categories. In terms of dosing, 1 scoop size is enough to give you an effective dose of BCAAs. I did not have a single issue with mixability, I usually just mixed a scoop to a scoop and a half with 12 ounces of water in my blender bottle. Taste is AWESOME!! I normally don't give too much credit to a supplement for the taste since most supplements these days have gotten a lot better when it comes to flavors, and at the end of the day we drink it for the effects not the taste but HOLY these taste good. I got the Pina Colada tub but VMI sent a sample packet of every single flavor and I must say I loved every single one (9/10) except for the Orange flavor which I would give probably a 7. If I were to buy again I would def buy the cherry limeade or pink lemonade flavor.

Being perfectly honest, and I'm sure a lot of you agree, it is hard to judge the actual effectiveness of a BCAA supplement but I used this while in a caloric deficit for around a 4 week minicut and I retained all of my strength during the cut, and didn't lose any muscle while dropping over 2.5-3% bodyfat and 10 pounds. Obviously this was a result of caloric intake but I used Aminogex during every training session, which were long and intense and I did cardio after each long training session (practically fasted) so I would say this definitely helped me in some way, shape, or form.

I can find 30 servings for 26-27 dollars on amazon which isn't that bad considering this is in the upper half of amino supplements, but you can still find comparable supps like Xtend, Gold Standard, Amino X etc. for around 20-24 dollars for 30 servings. However, I would PERSONALLY spend a few dollars more for something that I think is a step up from those supplements so I have to give it a pretty good score for value.

Side Effects

No side effects at all.

Conclusion

Overall, this supp exceeded my expectations for sure! I think this is a really good upper-tier amino supplement/intra-workout that isn't necessarily as comprehensive as something such as Intra Blast, but is also far cheaper than that leaving this as definitely one of the better amino supps for the money!

Thanks to Wildflower for sending it out!
      January 18, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Help Relieve Bothersome Aches And Pains
    • No THC
    • Pleasant Aroma Vapor
    • Kind Of Expensive
    • Not Refillable

Well the active ingredient in this is CBD (cannabidiol) which is one of the 113 cannabinoids in cannabis. No, there is no THC in this product so 1: you will not get "high" and 2: you will not show up on a drug test for using this. CBD has been shown to have many natural pain relief benefits as well as anti-inflammatory properties so I suppose this is exactly why this is touted as "Aches" a joint/pain relief product.

The taste isn't that bad, it's kind of a cooling taste, not exactly like a normal mint taste, it's hard to describe. The dosing is where I have qualms with the product. So it says the device comes with 500mg of oil providing 150mg of CBD and that the product is capable of 150 draws before it runs out. One of the big issues is, what is the correct dosage to take? It never really gives a general suggestion of how many draws per day you should use it/what the effective dosage in mg of CBD is so I generally took around 5 draws a day or even more but this led it to less than a month worth of usage before it runs out. If there were specific instructions or guidelines included that would be beneficial.

Joint health/inflammation/pain can generally be an area that is a little harder to judge the effectiveness as it is a lot harder to quantify versus something performance based in terms of strength/weight gain/ fat loss etc. but I can compare this to other joint support products I have taken. I have had fairly severe knee issues in the past because I was slightly cartilage deficient which led to joint pain and inflammation in the knee area if I did leg workouts so I generally would use a product based off the "basic" ingredients such as Glucosamine, MSM, Chondroitin, and Hyaluronic acid, and I found these were far better for avoiding general joint inflammation. One way that I DID see a better effect than usual with this product was some shoulder pain that I sometimes have seemed to be slightly reduced. It wasn't joint pain but just muscular pain, so it wasn't specifically the "joint support" type of this product but rather general anti-inflammatory benefit.

Here is where I find this product takes a hit. I have found that the vaporizer costs 60 dollars, and given that most people will go through it in a month or even less, you will be essentially paying 2 dollars a day to use it. I have found that all the other joint support products I have taken in the past have not only been more effective but have been FAR cheaper in terms of cost per day. The actual device feels pretty high quality and comes in good packaging, but I just couldn't justify wanting to spend that much on this. It would probably be much cheaper if you could keep the same device and just refill it with CBD oil.

Side Effects

Fortunately, I had no real side effects. I had no idea what side effects I would even expect. The first couple times I used it I could've sworn it had a very very mild "calm" feeling but I'm pretty certain that was just the placebo effect.

Conclusion

This was definitely a new experience for me as a supplement, and an experiment at that, and while I do see mild benefits from this product I think in terms of practicality it's not as effective as simply using pills that could possibly work better AND be a lot cheaper. CBD does have general health benefits but in terms of just a joint support product, I would give this a try only if what you use now doesn't work well enough for you.

Thanks to Regicide Supplements for sending it out!
      January 14, 2018

• Good Pumps
    • Taste

Honestly this is one of the most comprehensive formulas I have seen in a pre workout recently. Not only does it have a complete 6 gram BCAA complex, but a whopping 4.2 gram dose of beta-alanine, 3 grams of citrulline and 3 grams of citrulline malate (yielding 4.5 grams of active citrulline), 1.5 grams of creatine HCl, Betaine, and ALCAR, and 1 gram of Taurine, Tyrosine, and Agmatine Sulfate. The caffeine dosage is 300mg and includes 300mg L-Theanine to work synergistically with the caffeine. This is a super solid formula, the only things I could even think of suggesting would be to change the Betaine dose to 2.5 grams, but Betaine is still effective at the 1.5 gram dosage. Same goes for Creatine HCl. Super impressed with the formula.

Here is where the supplement takes a very slight hit. Let me just start by saying the mixability was surprisingly good for how many ingredients are in the formula, and the dosing with the 1 scoop is very very simple. The taste is pretty terrible though in all honesty. It only comes in the flavor Watermelon, and I'm not a big watermelon fan but I have had several melon flavored pre workouts that were pretty good. This pre smells like it would taste really good but every time I drink it it gives me goosebumps, it reminds me of drinking something mixed with cheap vodka. OBVIOUSLY, we don't drink pre for the taste so it's not the end of the world but it could use improving if possible.

This pre is very effective. It gives about as much energy/mental kick as you would expect from a pre where caffeine is the only stim, but I found it did have a slight increase in focus, but there are ingredients for that like Tyrosine so I understand why. The pump is a major selling point for this pre. With the 3 grams of L-Citrulline and 3 grams of Citrulline-Malate (1:1 ratio) that alone would give an awesome pump but there is also an entire gram of agmatine sulfate so my veins were popping like crazy. The endurance and strength increase is also pretty solid likely thanks to the Creatine HCl, Betaine, and Beta-Alanine. It's a powerful formula but "mild" feeling which is good.

Unfortunately, I think value is where the supplement kind of goes down. Although I do find this pre workout even more complete than many other clinically dosed big-hitters like Pulse or Outlift, those are 37-39 dollars for 20 servings, and I don't find the slight increase in quality justify the jump in price. At 52 dollars per 20 servings, this comes down to $2.60 per serving which is quite expensive. I understand WHY it is expensive, but I still think it could be a little cheaper.

Side Effects

I had no side effects from taking this. Usually 300 mg of caffeine and up can have side effects on me but I attribute no side effects to the inclusion of L-Theanine which can counteract jitters or anxiety from caffeine.

Conclusion

Overall, I think this is a super solid contender in the pre workout market which can beat out like-minded supplements like Pre-Jym, Pre-Kaged, and even Outlift and Pulse. Having said this, with having such an impressive formula comes a spike in price that I'm not fully convinced is 100% worth it yet. On top of this, the taste had me dreading having to drink it before my workouts. Despite both of those minor setbacks if you have the money to spend on it I would definitely try this out, and thanks to Regicide for including this in the TROOPs program!!!

Overall
    Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
      November 16, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Helps With Recovery
    • Increases Hydration
    • A Little Expensive
    • Stains Shakers

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)

The ingredient profile is one of the more comprehensive formulas I have seen in the aminos market, with around 3 grams of Essential Amino Acids to accompany the 7.2 gram BCAA matrix (with an efficacious dose of Leucine, which isn't found in some BCAA supps per 1 serving). On top of this, there's 5 grams of glutamine, 2 grams of betaine (one of my favorite ingredients - stacks nicely with the betaine in my pre workout), a gram of ornithine in the form of OKG, and Taurine, Calcium/Sodium Phosphate/Magnesium Malate (electrolytes and for hydration support)

I'll start with taste: I received the Sweet Tea flavor and at first was slightly disappointed since I was hoping for a fruit flavor like passion fruit or orange mango. The first day that I used it, I didn't really like it and it kind of reminded me of what "diet" sweetened iced tea/green tea tastes like. For some reason though, every day it tasted better and better to me and as I just finished the container and had to go to the gym with just water, I was a little disappointed. I will say, it was in its sweet spot when I used lots of ice or really cold water, and over 20 ounces of water per scoop.

Mixability: I saw a couple people mention foam in their reviews but I really didn't see this as an issue. If you use a solid amount of water like >20oz and then shake it up, it will be slightly foamy at the top for a minute or two but then it goes away and is perfectly normal consistency for the rest of your workout

Dosing: I think the dosing on this supplement is pretty close to perfect. The BCAAs are all dosed pretty generously, passing the 3 gram baseline level of Leucine to be truly effective in a pre. the 5 grams of Kyowa glutamine surpasses pretty much all other supplements containing it, the 2 grams of betaine is impressive considering many other companies would only use 1-1.25 grams of it. All of this is very convenient because it truly is a 1 scoop formula, it's not like many other amino supps where you need to use 2 servings to get the clinical, truly effective dosages you want.

Effectiveness is a hard one for me to tell with BCAAs. I personally amino supplements are far more important to take when you're cutting compared to bulking, and I took this while bulking. I ESPECIALLY become weary over just how useful bcaas are while looking at recent studies (https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12970-017-0184-9) .... however this supplement does contain more than simply the 3 BCAAs so that is something to definitely consider.

HAVING SAID THIS: whether placebo or not (I don't think it was because I never really had insanely high hopes) I do feel as though my endurance/hydration during exercise was slightly prolonged, and my recovery positively benefited from taking this. It's hard to quantify how effective it was and try to value it, but I could tell that it definitely had SOME sort of positive impact on my training. If I was in a deficit, I would DEFINITELY want to utilize this product

Most places I have seen for this sold for around 40 dollars per 30 servings which makes it around $1.33 per serving. While this isn't necessarily super expensive, many BCAA supplements can be found at around $.70-$1.00 per serving, even as low as 60 cents per serving for Xtend (I think Intra Blast is better than Xtend and more comprehensive of a formula, but it IS double the price per serving). I would definitely buy this if it was on sale or if there was a deal along the lines of "Buy one get one 50% off" etc.

Side Effects

I'm happy to say this is the first BCAA supplement that's caused no sort of heartburn or stomach discomfort even a single time across the whole tub's usage. I've experienced this in the past with several amino supps. Good job NutraBio!

Conclusion

Overall, this is the first amino supplement I have actually "clicked" with and truly felt confident taking/felt a benefit from. The only drawback that I can really think of is the price is a lot higher than many competitors' amino products BUT you do get what you pay for and I find this to be a superior product to those! Will definitely consider buying in the future