birdman2211

• Reputation is high. (+1925)
  • Was an active member for 5 years, but hasn't been online since November, 2013
TROPHY CASE

Reviews by birdman2211

March 9, 2013

• Amazing Taste
  • Superior Mixability
  • Great Digestion
  • Nothing
After a long break from SR.com, I've decided to come back for a couple of reviews of a few products that I have impressed me over the last year. I know its difficult to review protein powder because its almost impossible to feel or see the effects of them. So I like to judge them by price, mixability, taste and amino acid profile. This is where Muscle Pharm Combat shines in all those areas. Thanks to Petey for recommending Combat to me almost a year ago, I've been on the bandwagon ever since! After taking all types and brands over the last 14 years, Combat is now is my personal favorite.
...

Combat is a time-released protein blend. Containing whey isolate, whey hydroslate, micellar casein and egg white albumen. Claims to feed muscles for up to 8 hours. Combat also has a added digestive enzyme blend for ease of absorption. Muscle Pharm also claim they added extra bcaa's and glutamine to blend but does not specify how much was actually added. The supplement facts I feel are pretty dang solid. 130 cals, 2.5g of fat, 3 net carbs and 24g of protein. Another important feature of this protein is there is not a lot of unnecessary fillers added. I feel Muscle Pharm did a great job on keeping it clean.

-Taste 10/10: Hands down the best tasting protein I've ever had! I've had chocolate milk, peanut butter, cookies n'cream, banana cream, orange creamsicil and vanilla. Rarely do ever find that all flavors are amazing! My GF even loves it and shes extremely picky when it comes to protein shakes.

-Mixibility 10/10: When mixed in a standard shaker cup the mixibility is superb! Never had any clumps or anthing left over in the bottom. There is no grittiness taste, just smooth, light consistency from start to finish.

-Effectivness 9/10: This area is hard to measure with protein powders. However, I never had any issues with digestion. Combat never gave me the protein farts that I would sometimes get with other powders. Combat would also keep me full for a few hours at a time. Just wish they would break down the amino profile to see what your actually getting extra.

-Value 9/10: You can find Combat for around 39.99 for a 4 lbs jug with 52 servings which I thought was very reasonable. Comes out to 77 cents per scoop. Not the best priced but not going to break the bank either.

-Overall 9/10: Overall I give Combat a solid 9 because nothing is perfect, however Combat is very close. I currently have 4 jugs of Combat in my supplemet closet, thats how much I enjoy this protein! I am a huge fan and highly recommend it to anyone who wants an amazing tasting, smooth and all around great protein shake.

November 1, 2011

Cons:
    As always I will give a unbiased review of Nutrex niox.

Everybody responds to supplements differently. With that being said, I did not respond to this nitric oxide product at all. I have tried a ton of different nitric oxide products in the past, and this one by far is the worst to date!

Claims to support muscle growth, faster strength gains, more pronouned pumps and fuller muscleswith road map veins. I did not experience any of these claims.

As always I will give a unbiased review of Nutrex niox.

-Effectivness 0/10: The ingredients of niox does look legit; however, I did not see any muscle growth or strengh gains as it claims. I never felt any kind of pump while I took a full bottle of niox, not once. I also didn't see any increase in vascularity whats so ever.

- Taste 3/10: Has a very odd taste going down your throat. I mean its tolerable but weird. I guess if it worked I would care then.

- Value 0/10: I thought it was expensive considering it did absolutely nothing.

After reading all the positive review on niox I figued I would give it a try. Needless to say I was very disappointed in this product. Just not a big fan of niox and will not buy again. I will continue to use my favorite nitrix oxide product of all-time....nitrox II.

February 26, 2011

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Increased Vascularity
    • Increased Strength
    • Tunnel-vision
    • Insane Pumps
    • Dosing Requires Experimentation
    I was one of the select few that got to beta-test this product before it was released. Special thanks to Adam and USP Labs for allowing me to do so.

This new pump/performace product is straight up awesome and amazing! I was definitely a responder as you will find out later in my review. There isn't many supplements that you can actually feel when they are working.....Yok3d is one of them. Here is my straight up honest review.

-Effectiveness 10/10: Yok3d is one of the best supplements I have ever taken or experienced to date! Yok3d gave me deep, dense pumps like I'v never felt before. I felt Yok3d really shined when doing 12 or more reps. The pumps were so amazing it made my whole body tight and swelled up to where I actually looked 15-20lbs bigger.
    From the vascularity stand point it was almost freakish, a huge increase in that department. As far as enduracnce and focus goes there was an improvemnt there also. I felt so good on Yok3d I was able to pump out more reps on every exercise, everyday it seemed. My workout kept getting longer and longer due to the fact I never wanted to leave the gym....no joke!

-Dosing N/A: Yes I admitt the timing of the dosing can be a hassle but once you get it down....BOOM its full throttle ahead. At 193 I took 4 caps on an empty stomach 90 mins pre-workout that was definitely my sweet spot however reading others logs everybody was different.

-Value 9/10: Around 35 dollars for 90 caps is a little on the high side but certinly not horrible. Like I'v said before you get what you pay for.....amazing results!!!

Final thoughts on Yok3d. Compaired to SciFits Nitrox II....there is no comparison from the pump stand point. Yok3d is simply the best pump/performace supplement ever to hit the shelves. I strongly recommend this to everyone.

January 16, 2011

• Low Carb For Ckd
    • Instantized Protein For Easy Mixing
    • Low Sugar
    • Great Recovery
    • Expensive...but Not Over-priced.
    In my opinion Optimums Pro Complex is the best overall protein available. Lets face it there is alot of low quality and over priced proteins on the market so why not spend a little more and get the absolute best! The two main sources of proteins in Pro Complex are whey and egg albumen witch makes it very versatile. You can basically use it anytime you want, mourning, in between meals, pre-workout or post-workout. Pro Complex also has the most impressive amino acid profiles I have seen. Two scoops contain 60g of high quality protein, 1g of fat, 3g of carbs, 1g of sugar, 14g of BCAA's, 10g of glutamine and a good blend of very important vitamins and essential minerals! Pro Complex is also great for those who watch their carb intake cause it only contains 3 net carbs.

-Effectiveness 10/10: Pro Complex leads the way in Building new lean muscle and assists in recovery due to the fact of its amazing profile! You can definitely tell it's helping your body recover from those hard workouts.

-Taste 9/10: I've only tried the rich milk chocolate. Mixed with water it tastes kinda dull, if you like a sweetier taste just use less water. Personally I mix it with hoods low-carb milk giving it 8 more grams of protein and a creamier more satisfying taste.

-Mixability 10/10: Mixes perfect with either water or milk in a shaker cup. Never had any problems with clumping yet.

-Value 9/10: Yes, everybody knows Pro Complex is priced on the high side but bottom line you get what you pay for. At least for me I want results and quality so I have know problem with paying a few bucks more for this protein....trust me its worth it!

Pro complex will not disappoint you! Like I stated before the profile is second to none. I will continue to use this protein and I highly recommend this to everyone.

October 23, 2010

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Excellent Recovery
    • Tastes Awesome
      Just finished up my first tub of modern BCAA and lets just say I was very impressed. It will now replace my long time favorites Xtend and Purple Wraath. If you look at the ingredient profile its just pretty much BCAA's and nothing else. It doesn't contain all those unnecessary fillers or artificial colors or flavors which is a huge plus!

-Effectiveness 10/10: It does what its suppose to, helps build lean muscle and assist in muscle recovery. It also helps keep your body anabolic while you lift and/or when doing your cardio sessions.

-Taste 10/10: I tired the white blue raspberry flavo...

-Taste 10/10: I tired the white blue raspberry flavor and absolutely loved it. It doesn't taste fake or over powering like alot of supplements do. Very refreshing in my opinion.

-Mixability 10/10: If a BCAA drink contains leucine there will always be little flakes floating around due to the fact leucine is not water soluable so you can't knock a product for that. Everything else mixes perfect, no clumps or anything.

-Value 9/10: The price is very reasonable at about 65-70 cents a serving which is about the same as ever so popular Xtend.

USP Labs continues to impress me with their high quality products. Modern BCAA is a great inta-workout or anytime you need BCAA's though out the day. Props to USP Labs on this one!

June 7, 2010

• Lots Of Bcaas
      • Tastes Awesome
      • Smooth Texture
      I can't say enough good things about this protein. It's the fastest digesting protein on the planet making it a great choice for post-workout. Hydro-whey is loaded with 8.8g of BCAA's, 30g of hydrolyzed whey protein and 2 net carbs per serving. This is an absolute must for ckd dieters, cutting or even a lean bulk. Because this protein is such high quality I did not get any gas or bloating feeling while taking this.

-Effectiveness 10/10: Being the fastest digesting protein available it definitely helped with recovery, helped maitain and build new lean muscle mass while cutting.

-Tast...

-Taste 10/10: I thought the turbo chocolate tasted absolutely amazing comapaired to other whey proteins that I have tried in the past.

-Mixability 10/10: Mixed with a shaker cup for about 10 seconds it mixes very smooth with no clumps....perfect mix.

-Value 7/10: This the only down fall that I can think of with this protein. 3.5 lbs is going to run you over $50 bucks anywhere you look.

Bottom line is if you can afford hydro-whey then get it. You will not be disappointed. In my opinion its the best and most effective whey protein money can buy.

May 20, 2010

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Helps With Recovery
        Not to much to say about BCAA's as everybody knows how important they are for recovery and building new lean muscle.

I got real sick of popping 8-10 gaint regular BCAA pills just to get 5g of amino's. So i decided to try SciFits BCAA akg 1000 soft gels. You only need to take 2 soft gel to = 5g of BCAA's. Its so much easier popping 2 pils compaired to 8-10 that are hard to swallow. These soft gels go down nice and smooth, never had a problem yet.

Once again SciFit uses it ph balanced system to ensure maximum absorption and stability. These allow us weightlifters/bodybuilders to take less product and experience even greater results.

I took 2 gel caps 3 times a day, 2:00 in the afternoon on an empty stomach, pre-workout with Jacked and post-workout just to ensure I am getting enough of the very important BCAA's. SciFit is coming out this summer with BCAA-lyn but these will definitely do the trick untill they arrive. Once again SciFit does not let me down!

May 18, 2010

Pros:
         Cons:
        • High Absorption Rate
        • Get Free Gluta-lyn
        • Its A Little Gritty
        Just finished my 2nd tub and got a good feel for Prota-Lyn. It is the first ph buffered protein on the planet enhancing the absorption of the protein. What I like the most about Prota-Lyn is that there is hardly any fillers and its sweetened with stevia(natural sweeter). Prota-Lyn did not give me any kinda bloating or gas witch is a huge plus in my book.

-Effectivness 9/10: protein source is from milk and grain witch is different from all other proteins powders I'v ever had yet I felt it was very effective in building new lean muscle.

-Taste 8/10: I tired the vanilla and the chocolate...

-Taste 8/10: I tired the vanilla and the chocolate. Chocolate wasn't bad at all but the vanilla I wouldn't buy again.

-Mixability 7/10: This was the biggest down fall of Prota-Lyn in my opinion. I feel it doesn't fully mix. There is always little chocolate balls that never disolve and after you drink it , it leaves a grainy residue in your shaker cup, not really a fan of that.

-Value 10/10: Used a coupon code at BB.com "25perSciFit" and got a 3lbs jug and a 240 cap gluta-lyn for around $25 bucks.....great deal.

I think right now SciFit is killing the supplement world with their prices and top notch quality products they keep putting out. I am now a HUGE fan of SciFit and their new protein Prota-Lyn.

April 15, 2010

• Great Recovery
          I am on my second bottle of gluta-lyn and all I can say is its the real deal guys. 2 pills = 7.5g of glutamine. I take it 3 times a day, with my morning protein shake, post-workout and at bed time with my casein shake. Gluta-lyn is also ph buffered witch is proven to absorb 100% in to the bloodstream meaning there is no waste.

-Effectivness 10/10: It helps with protein synthesis and also prevents your muscle from being catabolized. I found it definitely helped with my recovery and building new lean muscle.

-Taste 10/10: If you take the pills its tasteless and easy to swallow. The powder isn't bad at all I couldn't even tell it was in my protein shake.

-Value 10/10: Because its ph buffered you don't need to take as much to get the same effectiveness as standard glutamine so thats a huge plus. You can still get a free gluta-lyn with a purchase of kre-alkalyn or prota-lyn protein.

Gluta-lyn is superior to all other glutamine in my opinion. I will never buy regular glutamine again. SciFit has done a superb job on this great product!

March 2, 2010

• Tastes Great Compared To Other Caseins
          • Helped Recovery
            After finishing my second 4lb jug I thought it was time for a review. This has become my favorite Optimum Protein. Just like all other Optimum Proteins it has a great amino acid profile. 1 scoop contains 5g of BCAA's and 5g of glutamine. Whats amazing, is that the total release of amino acids can last up to 7-8 hours making it extremely valuable for bed time.
            -Taste 9/10: Being casein its the best I'v had. 6oz of water gave it a nice rich chocolate taste.
            -Mixability 9/10: I like the thicker texture it makes you feel fuller.
            -Effectiveness 10/10: Definitely helped aid with recovery and new...
            -Mixability 9/10: I like the thicker texture it makes you feel fuller.
            -Effectiveness 10/10: Definitely helped aid with recovery and new muscle growth.
            With only 2 net carbs its perfect for running a low-carb diet or a healthy night time snack. This is by far the best casein Protein availible(IMO). Optimum just continues to impress me!