aleexz

• Member has been active for 1 year, and was last online today

Reviews by aleexz

September 3, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Muscle Power
  • Good Endurance
  • Not Enough Focus
  • Not Enough Pump Inducing Ingredients

THIS IS THE REVIEW FOR THE NEW FORMULA THAT COMES IN A REGULAR TUB

Good energy based pre workout for those that don't want to overspend money.

I'm back! Cutting season is over so it's time to bulk now. I'm a business management student that's about to start his last year. Let's get to the review, shall we?

1 scoop is 9.7 grams, let's see what each scoop is made of:
Pump and Strength Profile [7500mg]

THIS IS THE REVIEW FOR THE NEW FORMULA THAT COMES IN A REGULAR TUB

Good energy based pre workout for those that don't want to overspend money.

1 scoop is 9.7 grams, let's see what each scoop is made of:
Pump and Strength Profile [7500mg]
- Pure L-Citrulline (4 grams): L-Citrulline supplementation results in reduced fatigue and improved endurance for both aerobic and anaerobic prolonged exercise.

- Beta-Alanine [as Carnosyn] (2g):B-Alanine has been shown to enhance muscular endurance, specially being able to perform 1 to 2 reps more when staying at an hypertrophy range (8 to 15 reps). It's remarkable to say that it's Carnosyn Beta Alanine so it's the highest quality available.

- Creatine HCI (1.5g): Creatine hydrochloride (HCL) is made by attaching a hydrochloride (HCL) group to creatine to enhance its stability. Creatine is well-recognized by sport scientists and athletes as one of the most effective supplement ingredients you can take to promote muscle growth and strength gains.

Energy Profile [460mg]
- Caffeine Anhydrous (350mg):Caffeine is a powerful stimulant, and it can be used to improve physical strength and endurance. It is classified as a nootropic because it sensitizes neurons and provides mental stimulation.

- Advantra Z [Citrus Aurantium (fruit) 30% Synephrine] (60mg): Advantra Z is a patented ingredient that helps to burn fat and increase physical performance. This proprietary ingredient is the only one containing Citrus aurantium (bitter orange) or citrus extract product protected under Canadian and U.S. patents.

- Infinergy (50mg): In comparison to caffeine anhydrous, Infinergy is a milder form of caffeine that has a longer-lasting stimulatory effect without the excessive "jitters" side effect that many users experience with caffeine anhydrous.

- PurCaf Organic Caffeine (50mg): Standardized at 95% pure caffeine, is extracted from green coffee beans.

Mind Muscle Profile 150mg
- L-Theanine (50mg): It is known to promote relaxation without sedation. It appears to be effective at this as well as reducing stress at standard dosages.

- Higenamine Hydrochloride [HCl] (50mg): Higenamine works like a stimulant. In some parts of the body it causes tissues to relax. In other parts of the body, such as the heart, it causes tissue to contract. It seems to increase heart contractions and speed up the heart rate.

- Huperzine A [Huperzia Serrata] (50mg): Huperzine A is thought to be beneficial for problems with memory, loss of mental abilities (dementia), and the muscular disorder myasthenia gravis because it causes an increase in the levels of acetylcholine. Acetylcholine is one of the chemicals that our nerves use to communicate in the brain, muscles, and other areas.

1 full Serving is made of 2 scoops of 9.7 grams each.

The flavors I got were Wild Punch and Orange Pineapple. If you took the old grenade you know their flavoring system wasn't the best, and while they have improved the formula with this new release the flavors are still lacking. I would change the names to Sour Medicine and that would probably be sugar coating it. They are a mixture of different elements sprinkled here and there that achieve nothing flavor wise, each sip tastes differently. Don't get me wrong, it's not undrinkable but nothing that you would be looking for each workout day. Orange pineapple is the best one of the two, however.

Mixability used to be atrocious on the old grenade, there would be more parts floating than being mixed and the result was not good. They (luckily) have finally fixed this and it's safe to say the product dissolves pretty well after a few shakes so props to them.

Dosing is 2 scoops 30 minutes before working out.

Energy: It definitely hits like a truck as soon as you drink it, given that you have 350mg of regular, fast acting caffeine, it's gonna slap you in the face pretty hard. Some people may not like this given that it can make you feel jittery or anxious but if you are used to caffeine or you are simply a stim junkie you would probably be fine with it. My biggest grip with the product is the small dose of long acting/lasting caffeine, it can make the product a bit unbalanced in that regard in comparison with the 350 mg of said regular anhydrous caff. but overall I enjoyed the energy and experienced no crash after.

Pumps: As the label says, there are 4 grams of pure l citrulline; I personally do not respond that well to citrulline and prefer other pump ingredients, but I cannot say the product didn't work in this regard, there was a solid pump but not the "veins popping all over the place pump" I would say it was more of a muscle fullness look.

Power and muscle endurance: Even though the beta alanine falls a bit short when we compare it with the clinical dose it works well in conjunction with the creatine HCI, if you are like me and go for drop sets or a more volume based training regime you are gonna appreciate it. Muscle power was ok, creatine works and helped enormously, especially after taking a break from it.

Focus: While the product is packed with energy, the focus area is a bit lacking; personally the only focus I felt was from the huge dose of caffeine and nothing else. Overall nothing to write home about so if good focus is your main thing you may want to skip this one.

Price is around $30 for 30 servings so each serving is $1, pretty good value nowadays.

Now if you want you can get 60 servings out of the tub just by taking 1 scoop, even though it yields a minimal amount of active ingredients besides maybe caffeine, you could pair it with a non stimulant based pre-workout and you would be set for those late night training sessions.

Side Effects

Jittery at first if you are not used to high stim pre-workouts. Also couldn't stop peeing.

Conclusion

Overall, energy and muscle power based supplement that is good dosed in the right fields if huge bursts of energy are what you are looking for. At the current price I do think it's a nice purchase if you are on a budget and still want to get a somewhat decent preworkout that delivers with solid results.

April 6, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Pick Me Up
  • Increased Focus
  • Great Stackability
  • Trips To The Bathroom
  • Not A Typical Weight Loss Supplement
  • Undisclosed Ingredient Profile

Again, I want to thank Clipper and Tomey for giving me the chance to try this one out trough the old Bounty Program! 'm a college student that is currently cutting for summer. Let's get it.

I'm sorry MAN, but what is this ingredient profile? We know you made this product with the Australian market in mind but at least you could have disclosed it a bit more. One scoop is 5 grams and it is made off:

- Taurine (1g): Taurine is known for its nootropic effect and its ability to increase blood flow when exercising plus it can aid various anti-oxidant defense systems.

- Caffeine (147 mg) [Organic Green Coffee Beans Std. for 98% Natural Caffeine]: Caffeine is a powerful stimulant and it can be used to improve physical strength and endurance. It is classified as a nootropic because it sensitizes neurons and provides mental stimulation.

- Weirdly enough the rest of the product is not fully disclosed but it includes: Choline Bitartrate, Acetyl-L-Carnitine, L-Carnitine Tartrate, L-Carnitine Fumarate, Green Tea SE, Black Tea SE, White Tea SE, Raspberry Ketones and Niacin.

Given that the most prominent ingredients on this blend are Choline Bitartrate and 3 x L-Carnitine, I can go deeper on them; some studies indicate L-carnitine supplements may decrease fat mass, reduce fatigue and increase muscle mass, thus promoting decreased weight. There are various forms of carnitine supplementation available. Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALCAR) is used for cognitive enhancement. L-Carnitine L-Tartrate (LCLT) is typically used for physical performance and power output. Choline is a molecule mostly used for either its cognitive boosting properties (turning into acetylcholine, the learning neurotransmitter) or as a liver health agent, able to reduce fatty liver buildup.

Now that we got that out of the way, let's try to decipher how each of those ingredients is dosed. So, in the full label, taurine is the second listed ingredient and it's dosed at 1 gram, Choline is the first one so it is the most prominent one ("the choline should be pulsed in high doses acutely as higher doses are partitioned to the brain to a greater extent. 1-2g is typically used"), after taurine we got 3 types of L carnitine, I'd go so far as to say that when you add all of them up, you get a decent amount of L-Carn. We also got a bit of Green tea, Black tea and White tea SE plus raspberry ketones.

- The one I got was Grape Bubblegum and it was powerful, they recommend that you use 1 scoop with around 1 L of water (+ - 33 oz). If you go with that much water it becomes a nice and refreshing flavor with a sour bite to it at the end, but you also have to take into consideration that you're going to be visiting the bathroom. If you go with the lower end of the spectrum and use less water, the flavor as I said becomes very potent and very sour, so you have to play with that according to your likings.

- I found that the more I got to the end of the tub the worse it mixed, so you need to give it a few shakes. Also, if you mix with a few oz of water there's going to be a decent layer of foam.

- Dosing is 2 scoops in the morning (and 1 to 2 scoops in the evening, but I'm going to talk about this part later)

I'm going to rate this product for what it is, I can't compare it to other products within this category since this one, personally, has a specific target and usage.

After discussing the ingredient profile, we can see right off the bat that this is an energy + focus product, you have your taurine in there, your different types of L-carnitine and your caffeine and tea extracts. I don't think the idea behind this product is to be a full blown clinically dosed weight loss supplement, but an energy based one with high stackability. That was exactly what I did, I paired this one with a stim free weight loss supplement that had ingredients with diuretics properties, capsimax etc. to fill the holes and the gaps that Scorch has.

My regular morning dosing was 2 scoops (right after waking up, on an empty stomach as I have been doing IF) Needless to say, 300 mg are a nice way to start the day off, plus the Choline and various types of L-Carnitine (Acetyl in special) aid with mental focus to start the day right and not fall asleep on class. My alertness increased while my fatigue decreased, and it put me in a good mood that lasted throughout the morning. However, given that I mostly train in the evening I had to choose between using this product as a pre-workout or using a pre-workout per se. Obviously I went with the later one. The days I trained in the morning (1 or 2 times per week at most) I took 2 scoops in the evening, around 5 pm and could feel the energy boost again and same good effects again. Worth noting that I did not experience any crash.

As you can see, there are different ways to use this product but they all come down to the same results, improved energy and focus, sort of like a healthier (and good tasting) energy drink that can be used as a pick me up to get that cognitive enhancement plus a bit of fat loss aid.

MAN Sports know exactly what this product is, where it is aimed and how to sell it. The tub contains 75 servings and it costs around 29.99 dollars (even though there are a few BOGO here and there). You'll always want to go with 1.5 to 2 scoops, if you take 2 daily you are looking at 80 cents/day, which is good. If you go with 4 scoops, 1.6 dollars per serv. If you work out daily (or almost daily) and take your pre- there is not much reason to take 4 scoops unless you really love caffeine.

Now, I'm going to rate the value according to how I used the product which was 2 scoops per day most of the days and 3 or 4 scoops once in a blue moon.

Side Effects

None, but if you follow the instructions and use 2 L of water per 2 scoops you're going to visit the bathroom more times that you'd like.

Conclusion

If you take into consideration what this product is designed to do and how to use it, it is a good addition to your stim free weight loss stack, and, even if you're not necessarily cutting/losing weight, this is a nice pick me up + energy and focus product to get you through the day at a cheaper price than any good energy drink on the market.

Overall
Thanks to TOREM for sending it out!
  April 3, 2018

• Easy To Stack
  • Clinically Dosed Ingredients
  • Appetite Suppresion
  • A Bit Pricey

First things first, thanks to TOREM Supplements for giving us the chance to try and test his stimulant free fat burner product. I'm a college student interested in nutrition and lifting and getting ready for summer!

Fairly simple formula:

Fairly simple formula:

- Inno SlimTM (250mg): Derived from Panax notoginseng and Astragalus membranaceus using a pharmaceutical grade extraction and processing technology available at NuLiv Science. InnoSlim actively transforms the body by: Regulating glucose, fat cell, and muscle cell metabolisms, Reducing glucose absorption in intestine, Increasing fat cell combustion, Increasing muscle cell glycogen synthesis (or at least that's what their website says)

- Advantra Z (50 mg): Advantra Z is a patented ingredient that helps to burn fat and increase physical performance. This proprietary ingredient is the only one containing Citrus aurantium (bitter orange) or citrus extract product protected under Canadian and U.S. patents.

- Garcinia Cambogia (100mg): Tropical fruit rich in hydroxycitric acid (HCA) that may help improve glucose and insulin control but doesn't improve weight loss significantly.

- Green Tea Extract (250 mg): Some studies show that green tea may fat burning by increasing metabolic rate and energy expenditure. Other research gives evidence that it may enhance brain function as well as help fight the effects of degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's or Parkinson's.

- Actigin (25 mg): It is meant to help the body use the macronutrients of protein, carbohydrates and fats more efficiently, plus it aids with recovery and endurance.

- Capsimax (50 mg): Patented cayenne pepper extract that oxidizes fat and increases energy expenditure and fat loss.

One thing that I like is that it seems like they are using trademarked high-quality ingredients. Also, worth noting that these ingredients are per 1 serving and you are supposed to take 2 servings per day (there are 60 servings/packets in a container, so multiply that per 2)

- They are small pills.

- Dosing is 2 pills (1 serving/packet) before breakfast and 1 before dinner.

Now, I must say, I always do IF when cutting and given that some ingredients help with nutrient absorption I took one before lunch and the other one before dinner. For the sake of the review, however, I also took some servings first thing in the morning without any meal just to see how it performed.

Stimulant free fat burners are such an interesting concept, because unless you are pairing them with stimulants you can't always feel them working. What I try to say is that you don't get a noticeable boost of energy or focus, you're just trusting their effectiveness to work behind the scenes. Now, this product claims to curb your appetite, boost your metabolism, amplify your body's burn potential (these last 2 are tied to each other), optimize glucose transportation to muscle and fat cells:

- The appetite suppression aspect was one of the most noticeable effects I got from this product, I usually wake up so hungry in the morning but the days I took it without a meal it killed my appetite until lunch, around 5-6 hours give or take. Also, when taking it before a meal it made me feel fuller faster, which is a good thing if you're eating small meals and bad if you're eating a big one, but that's not the point, it does work and it works amazingly well.

- Boosting my metabolism and amplifying my body's burn potential, this is one of those things you can't always feel (unless we are taking about capsimax, too much of it and you will feel it when you go to the bathroom). I started taking the product right after I finished bulking and we all know that our weight changes and fluctuates so much the first week/2 weeks; we lose water weight, our body gets used to low calories etc. However, Neco-Adipem made the transition much easier (and more pleasant) than going raw. I lost water and felt leaner faster than usual which gave me a huge mental boost to keep going.

- Again, glucose transportation is a "behind the scenes" effect, same with Actigin and endurance. As I said on my last paragraph, given that I started taking it as soon as I finished bulking I didn't necessarily need better recovery or glucose transportation yet but I respect and like that they added these two ingredients here, especially for people that are deep into a cut and need all the recovery they need.

- I hate when supplements (fat burners included) make me feel bad or upset my stomach, I had NO problem whatsoever with this one, it was light on the stomach and body and made me feel pretty good during the whole container.

I also loved pairing this with stimulants (caffeine + carnitine based product) to get that energy and focus boosts while upping the thermogenic effect.

Tough field, there are high quality ingredients and pretty well dosed, but also with a high price tag, 60 servings (or 30 days if you go with the recommended daily dose) retail for $44 + 5 shipping on Amazon, 180 servings (or 90 days) cost 138 dollars, 360 servings (or 120 days) cost 264 dollars. Of course, the more servings you buy the more money you'll save.

Given that most supplements come in 20-30 servings (1 per day) this one costs around 1.63 dollars per serv. which isn't necessarily bad given the quality of ingredients.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you are in the market for a high quality stim free fat burner give this one a try, it has nice ingredients and pretty good and convenient packaging so you won't have to carry your pills (or powder) everywhere you go. Personally, I will buy this product again once it becomes widely available.

March 28, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Pumps
  • Good Endurance
  • Good Muscle Power
  • High Quality Ingredients
  • Lacks Focus
  • Not Enough Energy

I want to thank both Clipper and Tomey for creating the Bounty Program and giving us European troopers a chance to try new products! I'm a college student that is currently cutting for summer.

With a big list comes a big scoop:

- L-Citrulline (6g) : L-Citrulline has the ability to increase nitric oxide production, allowing your blood vessels to expand and dilate. This ingredient in itself has many benefits such as aiding in shuttling nutrients to the working muscles, promoting healthy energy levels, and improving blood flow.

- C...

With a big list comes a big scoop:

- Creapure Creatine Monohydrate (5g) : Creatine is capable of providing the working muscles with energy to allow you to push harder in the gym, all while helping to reduce muscle fatigue. It doesn't just stop there. If creatine is added to a solid training protocol, individuals have the ability to improve their overall strength and body composition.

- CarnoSyn Beta Alanine (3.2g) : Carnosyn has been shown to not only improve recovery time and muscle endurance but also delay fatigue.

- Betaine Anhydrous (2g) : It can aid in providing a pump during exercise, as well as improving blood flow and nutrient transport. Betaine is also able to help improve endurance where more work is able to be completed prior to fatigue.

- Agmatine Sulfate (1.5g) : It's used to aid in providing a pump/vasodilation and it is great for mental functioning such as mental health, stress management, and mental clarity

- N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine (500 mg) : Tyrosine can help with mental focus and cognitive function by increasing the levels of norepinephrine.

- Caffeine (Anhydrous) (250 mg) : Caffeine is a powerful stimulant and it can be used to improve physical strength and endurance. It is classified as a nootropic because it sensitizes neurons and provides mental stimulation

- Theacrine (as TeaCrine) (100mg) : Teacrine is a great sustainable energy booster that doesn't cause irritability, jitters, or the normal crash associated with many stimulants

- Theobromine (100mg) : Along with the energy boost, expect to feel nootropic effects where you attain a feeling of relaxation

- Infinergy Dicaffenine Malate (68 mg): It is an ionic bond of caffeine and malic acid which can increase mental focus and energy (Infinergy). In addition, Infinergy increases thermogenesis which can aid in weight loss.

- N-Methyl L-Tyramine HCI (20 mg): Enhances energy levels by utilizing fat and breaking it down into a usable energy source

- Hordenine HCI (20 mg) : It can help enhance muscular contractions (This allows you to have intense contractions during resistance training, breaking down muscle fibers to be rebuilt stronger and larger.

Worth saying that they are using the highest quality possible on beta alanine and creatine.

- Product is available in Fruit Punch (I think they may have discontinued this one), Grape Splash, Green Apple and Rainbow Sherbet. The one I got to try was Green Apple which was tolerable but not good. I've heard people say that the Fruit Punch one is horrible and Rainbow Sherbet is delicious.

- Mixability was fine, it is a big scoop with a lot of active ingredients, so it won't be 100% mixed but it was pretty close.

- Dosing was 1 scoop pre workout.

I'm going to break down the effectiveness in different sections as I always try to do:

- Energy: The product gives clean and steady energy, but personally it was not enough; while it got me through my workouts without any problem, it didn't get me "hyped" to lift. There are different caffeine sources + teacrine mixed in here but I would have loved to see 300 mg of caffeine anhydrous instead of 250 + 68 of dicaffeine malate. I can see this being an important factor to people that are sensitive to stims or train late at night tho. It's to say I experience NO CRASH whatsoever.

- Muscle power: It was great, I took a break from creatine as my bottle ran out and as soon as I started using the product I could feel my lifts going up again even though I was (and still am) in a calorie deficit. I feel like muscle power makes a huge impact when cutting, not because you are maintaining your strength per se, but mentally it makes you not feel weak and kind of motivates you to keep going forward.

- Endurance: Everyone loves beta-alanine, it's one of those ingredients that works, and works very well, 3.2 grams (full clinical dose) gets you more and more reps when going for a long set or when training with rest pauses/drop sets, which is always nice. I loved this aspect of the product.

- Focus: There wasn't any besides the typical effect that caffeine has on alertness.

- Pumps: I'm not the biggest fan of L-Citrulline as I think there are better alternatives out there such as Vaso6 and Hydromax that require less than 4-6 grams to be effective. Nonetheless, pump was good but not great, like I mentioned on my Vasky review, if you want to go the extra mile you will need to pair Clash with Vasky to get the full muscle volume, pump and vascularity effects. All in all, by itself it was good but nothing mind-blowing.

I think that covers it all, as you can see the product delivers in key areas (besides focus, energy is up to your likings).

You get 20 servings out of the tub and its regular retail price is around 37 dollars, which is about 1.85 dollars per serv. We've seen cheaper products and we've seen way more expensive ones, given that you are getting high quality ingredients and most of them fully dosed, I think the price is not bad.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This should be one of your top priorities if you are looking for a pre workout that is not mainly energy based, but performance based. You have your endurance on point, your muscle power on point and solid pumps. However, when choosing between different products such as the ones that are at the top of this website's list, energy will be the defining factor. If you are looking for one that is not overly stimmed give this one a try, if you want high-octane energy, look elsewhere.

March 18, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Pump
  • Cheap
  • Stackable
  • Thirstiness

I would like to thank Clipper and Tomey for giving me the chance to try this one out, absolutely love the Bounty Program. I'm a college student ready to get those abs of steel this summer !

Very simple product:
- Taurine (3 grams): Clinical dose, helps with muscular endurance, intracellular hydration plus it's known for its nootropic effect and its ability to increase blood flow when exercising.

Very simple product:
- Hydromax Glycerol (2 grams): Full clinical dose, one of the most potent muscle volumizers that also improves endurance and stamina. It's also been shown to help athletes store extra water for the purpose of rehydrating after intense exercise.
- Nitrosigine (1.5 grams): Full clinical dose, it enhances performance by promoting blood flow and by increasing focus and energy.
- Vitamin C (199 mg)

- It is an "Unflavored" product but unlike most unflavored products this one doesn't have an aftertaste, it tastes sweet, like sugar.

- It does clump, it clumps in the tub and it has a tendency to clump when mixing it so give it a good shake before drinking it.

- Dosing was 1 scoop pre workout, alone or paired with a stim based pre.

I loved it, the pumps were stupidly amazing, personally I felt like it gave a more rounded look and overall fullness to my muscles rather than "roadmap" vascularity ... but, it may be because my body fat was higher and I wasn't as shredded and defined. Funnily enough, the more water I drank during my workout the more I felt my pump increasing, getting to the point where even some auxiliary muscle groups were getting so pumped even when I wasn't directly training them.

However, I'm not a big fan of using pump heavy products when training legs as I feel it hinders my performance a little bit so I had to pass on that.

I'm not one to make short reviews but when something works, it works. This time there isn't more factors to play around and rate or more dimensions and depth to the product itself, it is labeled as a pump inducing product and it excels in that field.

I feel the need to point out that Vasky is designed to be stacked with a pre workout (especially the one from the same brand, CLASH, or any other for that matter) and not taken by itself in order to get more benefits like increased endurance or increased focus but that's where the price point of the whole stack starts to blow up.

30 scoops for around 20 dollars, 0.67 dollars per serv, which is pretty good value for what you're getting.

Side Effects

I was thirsty the whole workout and my mouth was dry, had to keep drinking and drinking more water... which in return made me visit the bathroom every 15 minutes after working out.

Conclusion

All in all, solid product that would be a great part of any stack for those people that enjoy getting a sweet pump and the feeling that comes with it plus the price tag makes it so afforable it is hard to say no.

March 13, 2018

• Decent Taste
  • Solid Pumps
  • Strength Increase
  • Not Enough Energy
  • Could Use More Focus Ingredients

First off, huge thanks to warrior nutrition for shipping it out all the way across the ocean and giving me the chance to give this product a review. I'm college student ready to get those abs of steel for summer since bulking time is over!

This has such a big and interesting profile (and scoop), around 45 grams:
- 90 calories
- 10 grams of fast acting carbs (dextrose)
- Protein/amino acid blend (10 grams): Hydrolyzed whey protein powder (min 80% protein) + bcaas, the amount is not disclosed.
- Strength & Endurance Ble...

This has such a big and interesting profile (and scoop), around 45 grams:
- 90 calories
- 10 grams of fast acting carbs (dextrose)
- Strength & Endurance Blend (7 grams): Again, it's not fully disclosed but we have Creatine Monohydrate (micronized), Creatine HCI, B-Alanine, Betaine Anhydrous. Creatine increases power output and helps with minor increases in lean mass and anaerobic running capacity, B-Alanine has been shown to enhance muscular endurance being able to perform 1 to 2 reps more when staying at an hypertrophy range (8 to 15 reps). It's remarkable to say that it's not Carnosyn Beta Alanine so it's not the highest quality available and betaine has been recommended as a performance enhancing compound, although with quite unreliable results and has at times been linked to increased power output (only to fail in other instances) and minor increases in workout volume and endurance.
- Nitric Oxide Blend (5.1 grams): L-Citrulline, Beet Root Powder and L-Norvaline. The name is self-explanatory, they all aid with muscle pumps and muscle volume.
- Energy/Focus blend (875mg): L-Tyrosine, caffeine at 175 mg and Citrus aurantium fruit extract. Caffeine is a powerful stimulant and it can be used to improve physical strength and endurance. It is classified as a nootropic because it sensitizes neurons and provides mental stimulation. L-Tyrosine is a mental booster as it assists with mental focus.
- Insulinogenic (2.25 grams): L- taurine and Gymnema sylvestre extract. Taurine is known for its nootropic effect and its ability to increase blood flow when exercising plus it can aid various anti-oxidant defense systems.

Even though it's not fully disclosed I want to believe almost all of them are very close to the scientific dose.

- It only comes in one flavor, hardcore berry, it was okay, not bad but not outstanding either. It did have a protein-y aftertaste.

- Mixing was so-so, it didn't fully mix but it's understandable given the amount of active ingredients in there.

- Dosing was 1 scoop pre workout.

I usually review and talk about pre workouts rating each category on its own, but this one is different. This product works at a different level, it works rather synergistically than having one area exceling and overpowering the other ones:

The pumps were solid, I used this specially on leg day and arms day a handful of times and after the first set my legs (and arms) were really pumped, I would go so far as to say this is one of the critic parts of this product, interesting for me since Citrulline isn't my go-to pump ingredient as I think there are better and stronger ones. Power output was good as well, mixing both types of creatine is an interesting way of putting it, since HCL is claimed to require a lower dosage than monohydrate I'd say this mixture hits the recommended creatine intake, which allowed me to push harder and grind those few reps on strength training (most noticeable on bench press and squats). I won't speak much about endurance as I've been supplementing with a Beta-Alanine product for a while now and I still have my concerns about Betaine being as important as they say, plus both B-Alan and Betaine are included in the same blend as creatine and they could both be very well underdosed. Talking about energy and focus, I have my doubts here; first off, I loved the mood aspect of the product, something in there made me feel very good and happy after taking it, which was nice. Energy boost just wasn't there, I understand going with a "safe" dose of caffeine, not in the sense of any health risk but a dose that would work perfectly fine for someone that doesn't take caffeine very often and wants a quick boost, but if you are a stim junky you won't feel anything (I didn't). I know this is a delicate area but personally I would either go with a full caffeine serving or change the caffeine for another focus/mood boosting ingredient and turn this into a stim free pre workout.

40 dollars for around 20 servings (2 dollars per serv) It is a steep price and not competitive, yes it has a lot of ingredients but we've seen other very solid and stacked pre workouts with a cheaper price per serv.

Side Effects

None, but you need to drink a good amount of water in order to mix and down this one.

Conclusion

All in all I enjoyed my run with it, I even took it some mornings just to get that "feel good" effect and start my day nicely since I am not a coffee person. It's a good choice if you are looking for something different and not overly stimmed but you want to make sure you count those 90 calories if you're tracking and following a structured diet.

Overall
Thanks to Blonyx for sending it out!
  February 19, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Endurance Boost
  • More Reps Per Set
  • Decreased Fatigue
  • Increased Hypertrophy
  • Tingles
  • Expensive If Going With The Recommended 6 Grams

Hey, I'm a college student interested in lifting and nutritions, summer is approaching so it's time to go full abs of steel.

Pretty simple products, as it's just beta-alanine;

-Beta Alanine ( 3 grams per scoop ): B-Alanine has been shown to enhance muscular endurance, especially being able to perform 1 to 2 reps more when staying at an hypertrophy range (8 to 15 reps). It's remarkable to say that it's NOT Carnosyn Beta Alanine so it's not the highest quality available.

- It is unflavored and pretty much tas...

Pretty simple products, as it's just beta-alanine;

- It is unflavored and pretty much tasteless.

- Mixability was good, one thing I want to remark is that the product itself isn't powdery, they are small crystals.

- Dosing according to the label is 6 grams a day, one scoop in the am and the other one in the pm. In my personal opinion 6 grams daily are too much, if I bought this on my own I would go with 3-4 and that's it, if you are pairing it with a pre workout or even a post workout there's no real need to go with 2 scoops unless you love scraching your face like a crackhead. Plus, according to examine.com, the recommended daily dose is 2-5 grams, not 6.

As simple as it is, it works.

- Muscular endurance was severely improved, my style of training involves drop sets, super sets... so my muscles are in tension for a prolonged period of time, this was where this product shined, allowing me to go harder and for longer until exhaustion.

- Following the last point, fatigue decreased. This training regime makes me feel very tired after I'm done but with this product I felt more refreshed at the end.

- Running, I'm not a big fan of cardio myself but I do sprints sometimes or hiit just to keep some conditioning and not get winded after climbing a flight of stairs, funnily enough I could go for longer without resting as much, which I really appreciated. I did not expect this product to improve my resistance but it did.

- Again, following the first point, going harder and for longer implies getting bigger as more hypertrophy is engaged. Beta-Alanine is a staple for me when bulking.

The retail price is 35 dollars for 180 grams, DO NOT go with 6 grams a day if you are taking a pre with b-alanine and in case you are not getting any from any other product, go with 4-5. This way you get better value for your money as you'd be paying 0.58 dollars per serv. IF you go with the recommended dose by the company you'd be looking at 0.85 dollars per serv, which hurts a little more.

Side Effects

Tingles.

Conclusion

Solid product with great stackability that should be a must on everyone's stack of supps, one of the very few that works and works WELL. Do yourself a favor and go buy some beta alanine !

February 5, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Pump
  • Increased Focus
  • Decent Flavor
  • Too Many Trips To The Bathroom
  • Lacks Endurance

Update 06/12/2018:
@andrew17019 Assault is weird since they have been changing the label almost yearly, I liked a lot the old assault, the one that had a bunch of ingredients but this one gave me a bigger pump and a better focus. I cannot speak about assault black since I haven't tried it but this one is definitely the right step after regular Assault, give it a try if you have some spare money.

Update 06/12/2018:
-----

Hey! I'm a college student (business management) who is currently bulking... but not for too long, summer season is slowly approaching and it's time to show off those rock hard abs!

Interesting profile for sure, different from what we've seen thus far from Musclepharm. Let's get straight into it:
1 Scoop is 14.3g
- Intense Pump and Nutrient Absorption:
o L-Citrulline (6 grams): L-Citrulline supplementation results in reduced fatigue and improved endurance for both aerobic and anaerobic prolonged exercise.
o Vaso6 (300 mg): VASO6 is an innovative vasodilation and nitric oxide ingredient with a 50% convertibility to nitrix oxide
o Astragin (50 mg): Enhances absorption.

- Energy and endurance:
o Carnosyn Beta Alanine (2 grams): B-Alanine has been shown to enhance muscular endurance, specially being able to perform 1 to 2 reps more when staying at an hypertrophy range (8 to 15 reps). It's remarkable to say that it's Carnosyn Beta Alanine so it's the highest quality available.
o Taurine (1 gram): Taurine is an organic acid which acts as a lipid/membrane stablilizer in the body and can aid various anti-oxidant defense systems.
o Caffeine Anhydrous (300 mg): Caffeine is a powerful stimulant, and it can be used to improve physical strength and endurance. It is classified as a nootropic because it sensitizes neurons and provides mental stimulation.

- Neuro Focus:
o Tyrosine (500 mg): L-Tyrosine is a mental booster, assists with mental focus.
o Alpha GPC (100mg): is a cholinergic compound that is used for its cognitive-promoting properties, and to enhance power output in athletes.
o L-Theanine (100mg): It is known to promote relaxation without sedation. It appears to be effective at this as well as reducing stress at standard dosages.
o Neurofactor (100mg): NeuroFactor is a coffee fruit extract that is used to greatly boost brain functions and cognitive.

Pretty simple and clean ingredient list, I like how they disclosed every ingredient now and didn't pixie dust'd anything.

- It's currently available in 3 flavors: Fruit Punch, Sour Candy and Berry Lemonade. I purchased the Sour Candy flavor and it was OK, sour at first and then sweet. Would I purchase it again? No, sour candy seems like a novelty flavor, you find it interesting the first few serving but you get bored real quick, at least that's what happened to me. It does have some "grainy" texture to it which I will attribute to Vaso6 since I had the same problem with Re1gn from Olympus Labs and they both share the same ingredient.

- Mixability is fine.

- Dosing is 1 scoop pre workout. Scoop weight is the same as advertised on the label, it's not under or overdosed.

In a few words, I liked it.

- Pump: Pump was intense and great, I love vaso6, it's one of those ingredients that's starting to make more and more appearances in pre workouts and I think it is indeed better than Citrulline. Personally, citrulline doesn't do much by itself for me but Vaso6 is a key factor on providing pumps, I hope to see more and more companies add it in conjunction with Hydromax which I really like a lot as well. The pump itself was not the "veins popping out" one but the one that gives a fuller and rounded look, even when training fasted it was very noticeable. Wreckage does deliver very well in this area.

- Energy: I have mixed feelings here, I took a 2-week break from any caffeine source before starting this product. At first the energy was very latent and felt like a "punch in the face" but as days (and servings) were passing by the energy was starting to slowly decrease. 300 mg of caffeine are ok at first but there's no source of long lasting energy and at the end of the workout I'd feel exhausted. I know what you may be thinking, everybody gets used to caffeine and the feeling isn't the same, BUT some other products have given me steady and long-lasting energy across the whole tub. In conclusion, if you are a stim junkie the energy won't probably surprise you but if you keep your daily caffeine intake in check this product will give you a boost.

- Mental Focus: Focus was good but nothing crazy, definitely not something like DMHA or Eria Jarensis will give you. I felt in my zone and the music sounded better, that was about it, nothing to write home about, it was OK.

- Endurance and muscle power: Endurance was fine, it has only 2 grams of Beta-Alanine which is a bit underdosed, we have taurine as well but it doesn't play a very important role, I started pairing this product with a standalone Beta-Alanine product and the results were more impressive. All in all, endurance was there but it is not the best part about the product. Given that there is no creatine there is no muscle power increase either.

Digging around the price for the product is around 31 to 40 dollars (standard retail price, you may find some offers here and there) and you get 25 servings, so doing the math: 1.24 dollars to 1.6 per serv. Not overly expensive but not cheap eaither.

Side Effects

Some days the trips to the bathroom were increased.

Conclusion

Solid choice if you are looking for a more prominent pump and focus based product, it is not targeted to a stim junkie audience but it can be a good option for people that train late at night and want to be able to sleep at a regular hour or for the gym goer that doesn't want to feel cracked out of his/her mind or for people that some days want to lay down on heavy and exotic stims and prefer to chase a better pump.

January 28, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy To Take
  • Improved Recovery
  • Improved Pumps
  • Underdosed

College student interested in lifting and nutrition bulking this winter! By the way, Prosupps, you should make me your affiliate as I keep reviewing your whole brand, if you're reading this hit me up =)

Only 4 ingredients.... behind a proprietary blend:

- Hyper-Load Matrix [896 mg]:

Only 4 ingredients.... behind a proprietary blend:

- Hyper-Load Matrix [896 mg]:

* Banana Leaf Extract: Banaba leaf extract has been traditionally prescribed for the treatment of minor health ailments related to poor glucose absorption within the body, it can be very helpful for you if you are also suffering from blood sugar-related ailments, like diabetes.

* Bitter Melon: Some of its benefits include: managing blood sugar levels and diabetes, reducing respiratory infections such as pneumonia, lowering inflammation and raising immunity, treating abdominal pain, peptic ulcers, constipation, cramps and fluid retention, increasing cancer-protection, reducing fevers and coughs, lowering menstrual irregularity, treating skin conditions including eczema, scabies and psoriasis, antiviral, antibacterial and anthelmintic properties (including those that can be used to prevent or treat parasites, HIV/AIDS, malaria and even leprosy), treating gout, jaundice and kidney stones and managing symptoms of autoimmune disorders including rheumatoid arthritis.

* Gymnema sylvestre Leaf Extraxt: Helps support healthy pancreas functions by working directly on the level of the blood (rakta) and helps balance the blood sugar levels.

* Cinnamon Bark: It has antioxidant effects, helps with choleresterol reduction and it may be an effective type 2 diabetes complementary treatment.

Since they're not disclosed I'd go ahead and assume they're all underdosed.

- They are capsules with no taste, red colored and small sized.

- Dosing (according to them) is 1 pill with 50 grams of carbs or 2 pills with 100 grams pre workout. If you keep reading you will see the best results (for me) were after taking 2 pills per high carb meal AFTER working out.

Keep in mind this is a lower tier than RPG/glycolog/Core Load, so I won't go so far as comparing this one with those 3.

I went ahead and bought this with no expectations as I had never tried a glucose disposal agent before. We all know companies love to market their products with unreal promises on their tubs, online promotions etc but this time I gotta say I'm overall happy with this one even though I had to wait 1 week until the results finally showed up:

- No grogginess after taking a high carb meal, I usually workout in the morning and then have a post workout shake + some fast acting and slow acting carbs. Most part of the time it makes me feel sluggish and ready to take a nap but when taking 2 pills I did not feel sleepy at all which was nice.

- The container says "insane muscle pump". Is it true? Yes and No, I had to play with the dosages and the timing a little bit:

o When I took this 40 min before working out I can say that the pumps were greatly improved, it gives that "full" look and when paired with a pre workout the results were fantastic. However, I stopped taking the product pre workout, I think it was a waste compared to the other times of the day I ingested it.
o After working out with a high carb meal. Okay, here is the real deal, pumps weren't as pronounced as before BUT they were consistent through all the week, I don't like taking pump-inducing pres on leg day and even then my legs were swollen. I took most of my servings at this time as it yielded more results that I'm going to talk about later.
o Once I had this weird idea of stuffing my face with carbs along with this product the night before training arms. Next day I woke up, took my pre and went to the gym. Very impressed result, my arms were hurting from the pump, it was actually insane, I did not expected that for a product this cheap plus I felt more energetic as well.

- Last but not least, improved recovery. I've always been a little skeptic about products that claim to reduce doms so I clearly thought they were bluffing, but this time my recovery improved, it was not a drastically improvement but it was noticeable. Thinking it was more of a placebo effect I went ahead and spent a couple of days without taking it and my doms were back in full effect so this product did actually deliver in that regard. I repeat, it is not the main feature but it is nice having some added extras to justify the price of something.

For what it is, I'm overall happy with the results.

Looking around it is about $27 per 60 capsules so around 0.9 dollars per serv if you take 2 pills.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you have some money to spare and are interested in giving glucose disposal agents a shot I'd say get this one first and decide if they're for you or not before making the jump to a more expensive (and probably more effective) one.

5.8
Thanks to whey_d for sending it out!
  January 22, 2018

• Not Heavy
  • No Gas
  • No Bloating

First of all, thanks to Adam for sending this out and giving us the chance of trying this product. I'm a college student interested in nutrition and currently bulking up this winter.

Very simple profile:
85/86 calories depending on flavor.
- Protein: 20 grams

- Amino acid profile:

o Leucine: 2.3 g
o Isoleucine: 1.7
o Valine: 1.5

As you can see, very clean and well dosed protein supplement, especially for those trying to cut.

- I got sent 12...

Very simple profile:
85/86 calories depending on flavor.
- Protein: 20 grams

- Amino acid profile:

o Leucine: 2.3 g
o Isoleucine: 1.7
o Valine: 1.5

- I got sent 12 sachets, 6 were Chocolate flavored and 6 were Strawberries & Cream. The chocolate flavor isn't as sweet as others in the market so keep that in mind, the strawberry flavor was my favorite by far and it tasted like one of those strawberry lollipops from when I was a kid. Weirdly enough, both flavors tasted better when mixed in water, mixing them in milk gave them a weird aftertaste that I was not very fond of.

- Good mixability, the powder itself is very fine and leaves almost no clumps when mixing (see image attached below).

- Dosing is 1 sachet any time of the day. I measured the content and it is exactly as advertised, 24 grams of product.

Given the clean profile it's only fair to say that this product is not heavy on the stomach; there was no discomfort, bloating or gas. Another good thing to remark is that after taking the product you won't feel full, you can take it post workout and then eat a regular meal 30 minutes to 1 hour after without any problem.

Now, this product isn't going to be judged by the protein content itself; the elephant in the room is the packaging, the way the product is delivered to us and the way we have to utilize it. I found it extremely efficient if you don't take protein post workout (you probably bring the powder inside a shaker and just pour water) or at home, it becomes a regular snack that you can bring anywhere without making a mess, personally it was a god sent as I could drink it in between classes or after finals: opening it up, mixing it in a water bottle and then downing it. If you take a look at the pictures attached below, you can see that you don't need to open the whole thing, with just a small pull you can pour the powder anywhere and it won't collapse and spill everywhere.

We have to play with a currency converter here; each sachet if bought individually is 2 british pounds (2.28 euros and 2.79 dollars). According to the website, every box contains 15 sachets and the delivery will be:

- If you take protein 2x per day, a box will be delivered weekly for a total of 80 pounds per month. (111 dollars - 91 euros)
- If you take protein 1x per day, the box will be delivered every 2 weeks for 45 pounds a month. (62.81 dollars - 51.28 euros)
- If you take protein 5x per week, the box will be delivered every 3 weeks for a total of 35 pounds a month. (48.85 dollars - 39.89 euros)
- If you take protein 3x per week, said box will be delivered every 5 weeks for a total of 22.5 pounds a month. (31.31 dollars - 25.69 euros)

Side Effects

Conclusion

Convenient protein, I would pull the trigger if it became widely available and with a lower price. I understand high quality means high price point but I doubt there are people that are going to spend $111/91 euros for 60 servings of protein, even if it's the highest quality available. After all, protein is a supplement and not a luxury.