ZB

Banned

• Was an active member for 1 year, but hasn't been online since December, 2013
  • This member has been banned for violating our site rules.

Reviews by ZB

August 7, 2013

• Solid Ingredient Profile
  • Didn't Have 30 Servings
Purus Labs - D-Pol Powder

Purus Labs - D-Pol Powder

D-Pol consistently receives positive reviews on SR, and is considered a staple in many natural testosterone boosting stacks. The formula is very simple, containing the clinically studied 3.12 grams of DAA that support the body's natural ability to produce testosterone, 480mg of Nitratene for endurance and pumps, and vitamins B and D for additional energy and testosterone support. Simple, and because D-Pol only targets natural testosterone production through the DAA route, it can be stacked with many other different products such as Animal Stak, Erase - practically any non-DAA test boosting product. The nitrates are a nice addition, as the benefits of supplementing with nitrates include increased endurance, and a dense muscle pump.

My Experience – I ran 2 containers of powdered D-Pol back to back as part of my first full 8 week natty stack. I ran this with Erase (an AI) and NOW Dopa (for possible prolactin issues – DAA has been shown to possibly raise prolactin levels when supplemented) along with the rest of my staples (pre, creatine, fish oil).

I am 22 years old, and so I did not expect any great boosts to my testosterone, aware that my production is already near its peak. However, I did experience some effects from the stack that indicate that my hormones were still positively impacted. I was more focused on adding strength than anything else during this run, and pushed it hard for 8 weeks, without a de-load of any sorts. I normally feel "overtrained" after around 3-4 weeks of lifting heavy, but I feel that this stack helped negate any of those feelings. Overtraining can sometimes cause the body to produce less testosterone, and that is one of the reasons why I wanted to run this stack. I did not feel run down at any point in this stack, as I have before when running a similar split, and felt my testosterone production was high throughout. My strength made consistent gains throughout the 8 weeks - Nothing crazy, but more consistent over an 8 week period than normal.

My libido was also positively impacted from this stack. I was ready to go all the time, similar to how I was back as a 16 year old in high school. Sex felt better, orgasms more intense. Stamina was also increased, but on occasion, I would still experience a quickie, but that was more from an overwhelming sensation of pleasure than anything else. It almost felt too good not to pop.

Hunger was also increased. I began this stack thinking recomp, but after a few days, my hunger was at the point that a recomp would be very hard to achieve. I would become ravenous at seemingly random parts of the day, and my hunger could rarely be satisfied. This leads to my next positive from this stack, which is how I was able to eat like ***, and still maintain/improve my physique. It was real hard for me to stick to a diet during this run, which is telling because I normally have no problem in this department.
Pump was also very prominent. I respond fairly well to nitrates, and have run Purus Labs' Condense before, with very similar results. It was not a wet or bloated pump, but a dense compact one. Combined with the leaning aspect of Erase, I on occasion, can confidently say that my pumps were straight up dirty.

Negative Sides – Not many that I can think of. I do feel that sometimes, when combined with a strong pre-workout, that they nitrates could cause some lightheadedness/blood pressure issues. This did not occur too often, but should be noted.

Another negative, which is going to bring down the overall score and value, does not really pertain to the effectiveness of the product, but rather the actual content. My first tub only lasted 26 days, and the second was also less than 30. I leveled off the scoopa for each usage for the first tub, and still came up 4 servings short. I thought that maybe I was packing the scoopa too tightly, so I went with looser scoops for the second tub. It made no difference, still not a full 30 days/servings. I have also read a few others stating the same thing РThis issue needs to be addressed, and until it does, I cannot recommend the powder. The taste was not bad (Custard Cr̬me) and actually made for a tasty concoction when mixed with a pre-workout, but when there is an option to buy tablets, and a full 30 day supply at that, this powder suddenly becomes that much less appealing.

Overall Thoughts – I really enjoyed my 8 week natty stack, despite being 22. I was able to add strength longer, eat more, and have more enjoyable sex. I had some of the best pumps of my life. Not much more you could ask for (except maybe a full 30 servings!), considering this product can be found for only 20 bucks most places. I will be using D-Pol again, but in pill form. I recommend this product to anyone looking for a boost, but would also say that it probably works better for those older (30s+). Still though, it's hard to beat getting a clinical dose of DAA, Vitamin D, and Nitrates, for 20 stones.

August 5, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Intense Energy
  • Long-lasting
  • Works Every Time.
  • May Be Too Strong For Some
Speed X3Lecheek Nutrition

I will begin by giving a shout out to SSGdimsmash for giving me the opportunity to log and review this product. Lecheek is always very generous with users on this site, and it is greatly appreciated.

Speed X3Lecheek Nutrition

Overview/Profile – This is Lecheek's concentrated pre-workout formula. The serving size is relatively small with this pre, with a single scoop yielding roughly 3 grams of product (with roughly 2 grams of active ingredients). The entirety of the profile is comprised up in a blend, with the first ingredients listed being Beta Alanine, Agmatine Sulfate, and Caffeine. The rest of the ingredients seem to be geared towards energy and focus, and it should be noted that there is a yohimbine extract for those who might be sensitive to the ingredient. As most are who initially view the profile, I saw the total scoop size, and instantly thought that the blend must be under dosed. However, after taking my first scoop, I realized that as least as far as the stims go, this pre was far from under dosed.

My Experience – I have read several reviews on the potency of this pre, so for my first usage I dosed less than a full scoop. I can still remember that leg work out to this day – The energy was unreal, and it lent itself to focus. In-between sets the only thing on my mind was my next set, and my rest periods for the workout were drastically reduced. I felt less fatigue throughout the workout, and I just wanted to lift, to put it simply. It was nothing like the previous pre-workouts I have used of Jack3d Micro or Enhanced, when SpeedX3 kicked in, it kicked in. Throughout the entire tub my results never diminished, and it stayed consistently strong. I never had a bad workout on Speed X3.

Side Effects – Now, there were a few sides I experienced from this product, but they were nothing that would prevent me from buying another tub. I never got stim dick, but I would have the occasional day after low – what I mean by this was that occasionally the day after using this product, in the morning, I would feel very lethargic and drained, as if I had been going too hard the day before. This problem was easily solved with a cup of coffee or some caffeine, but should be noted. This pre workout will simply push you to your limits, so the subsequent come down is practically inevitable. I never felt overly stimmed on this product either – there were times when my heart would start racing, but those times were usually short lived and would pass with an extra minute or two of rest.

Value- This is the shining aspect about this product. I (being stim sensitive) dosed this pre between ½ to 1 scoop every time, and I NEVER needed to use more. Therefore, this product was able to last an entire summer (several months). Another thing that impressed me was that I never really developed a tolerance to this product. I know my tolerance to stims overall increased, but as stated earlier, I never needed to up the dose of SX3 in order to get that energy. It was there every time, 15 minutes after slamming this down.

Taste/Mixability – I received the new flavor Exotic Punch and it was delicious. I typically used anywhere between 4-8 oz of water, and it always mixed within instants. There were no off-putting dyes in this product either. I would actually look forward to drinking this, and it was a very subtle yet sweet tropical berry flavor. The fact that I could use this in 4oz of water without any dyes or heavy tastes was another big bonus to me, as I typically have a hard time drinking anything before working out at 4:20am.

Closing Comments – I really enjoyed this pre-workout, and will be buying another tub with my own money. I can see it being used any time that extra kick is needed for a workout. I would personally like to see either more Beta-Alanine or Agmatine to get the full dose of these ingredients, or remove them altogether, as I never really got a great pump or felt extra endurance from these ingredients. The one thing I did feel was the stim blend, which I believe Lecheek nailed. I am giving this a 10 for value because it lasted me 3+ months, a 9 for effectiveness because it was consistent in providing some kick ass energy, and an 8.4 overall, because that energy may be too much for some to handle day in and day out, and some people are looking for more than just energy in a pre-workout (pump, endurance). However, if all you are looking for is a slap in the face before you workout, I can't see another product outdoing SpeedX3.

April 24, 2013

• Increased Strength
  • Pricey Compared To Creapure
Cellucor Performance Creatine – Creapure with extras, an extremely solid product albeit pricey, here are my thoughts.

Cor Creatine – So this product is basically Creapure, the highest quality creatine manufactured in Germany, so good and pure, its patented. There is a difference between Creapure and Creatine Monohydrate, as most Monohydrates (specifically those manufactured in China) may be contaminated with impurities such as of lead, mercury, arsenic, and cadmium - which you would typically want to avoid ingesting. If the label doesn't specifically state Creapure, chances are you are getting the cheap Chinese Creatine, so that is one major advantage for Cor. Per one scoop, you get 5gs of Creapure (the recommended dose for Creatine maintenance daily) along with some electrolytes to keep you hydrated, 1.25gs of Betaine Anhydrous (for the synergetic effects that can be had when consumed w/ creatine), some phosphates that apparently help with absorption, and finally, 125mgs of Cinnamon Bark Extract (insulin sensitivity, also helps w/ absorption). So basically you get your daily dose of creatine w/ betaine, electrolytes, and ingredients to help w/ absorption. No added flavoring, no filler, 50 servings per tub, Solid profile.

My Experience – I ran this product for exactly 6 weeks. For the first week I took 2 scoops, 1 in the first thing in the morning pre workout, 1 around 2pm – as a sort of "pre-load". The bottle recommends a loading phase of 4 scoops for the first 5 days, but I am patient, so saw no extra benefit for doing this. Creatine works once it has hit saturation within the body, and saturation will occur whether you load or choose not to - loading will only get you there quicker. So based on my dosing schedule, I feel I was able to feel the effects of the creatine around the end of week 2, beginning of week 3. I had an increased work capacity in the gym, with gains in strength and endurance - I was able to hit extra reps on heavy sets, and added in a couple extra sets to my workouts. It did not give me the strength gains that Green Magnitude did (another top rated creatine product), but did seem to have more of an impact on overall endurance.
One good note about this creatine, was that I never experienced any bloat, often associated with creapure. Even on days when I was not able to get the recommend 1-2 gallons of water, I never felt bloated or full. I attribute this to the absorption ingredients within the product, as they seemed to do their job quite proficiently.

Taste/Mixability – Eh, probably the least attractive aspect behind this product. The Mixability was iffy, as there were often extra granules left over after mixing, even if I mixed the product for 30 seconds. Way too long to be spent mixing a supp IMO lmao. In all seriousness, the issue of it never dissolving completely was easily solved by adding in another splash of water, and slamming it down. The taste was pretty plain, a slight Cinnamon aftertaste, a little tart, but nothing unbearable, and was nothing that would deter me from using the product again.

Price – I got this product from allstarhealth, on a special, for 29 bucks, plus free shipping on the entire order. If you can find a deal like this, or often it goes on sale as BOGO, I would recommend giving it a go. However, as of this morning, I could only find it for around 39 bucks, which in my opinion is just asking for too much. You can buy a 500 serving tub of Creapure for like 20 bucks, which would probably give the same results as this. However, the convenience and added absorption ingredients make this product worth trying. Buy it if you find it on sale, I am sure you won't regret it.

Conclusion – Cellucor's Creatine is a good product. Creatine is one of the only supplements in the entire industry proven to get results. In Cellucor's Creatine, you get the best form of Creapure, without the bloat, and with some other goodies that make this one of the best Creatine products on the market. Instead of getting fancy with different bonded forms of Creatine and whatnot, this product sticks with that which is proven. A bit on the pricey side, but with all the other high priced BS supps in the industry, I would venture to state that this product would be worth it. In conclusion, I am confident in my claim that this is the best creatine product I have run to date, and feel confident giving it my personal recommendation.

April 1, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Consistent Pumps
  • No Products Are Unnecessary
USP Labs Agmatine 500 – I received a free bottle of Agmatine 500 with the Versa-1 inner circle deal.

Agmatine is a relatively new "pump" product that has flooded the supplement industry as of late, marketed as a byproduct of Arganine, better absorbed and utilized by the body. Along with increasing pumps, this product is intended to help aid in blood flow, muscle fullness, and nutrient repartitioning. Many newer pre-workouts/N.O. Boosters/natural test boosters are starting to include this ingredient in their formulas, with usp labs claiming their brand of Agmatine 500 as one of the more pure forms out there. This product contained 60 pills, with the only ingredient being the 500mg of Agmatine, and suggested dosing being 1-2 caps a day preworkout for a pump, with an optional 1-2 caps on off days to lend in nutrient repartitioning.

My Experience – I only dosed this product on workout days (from 1 – 2 caps), as I was looking more for a pump from this, than for any possible nutrient repartitioning benefits. Throughout the duration of using this product, I had several different stacks:

Agmatine500 w/ Jack3d Micro – this was a pretty sweet stack in terms of the pump I received. I workout first thing in the morning, and whatever body part worked that morning, would be "pumped" practically all day after dosing. The pump could be described as full, like whatever muscle group worked would feel inflated and strong.

Agmatine500 w/ Creatine/Beta-Alanine – I ran the agmatine without a preworkout after completing my run with Micro, stacking with only the basic creatine and beta-alanine. The workouts I had with this combo only solidified that the Agmatine was the primary provider of my pumps, being almost the same as when I was taking Micro. However, there were one or two occasions I wanted to see if this was really doing anything, and on those days, I could definitely feel a difference. I still had good workouts, but my muscles just seemed flatter, for a lack of a better term. Compared to when using the Agmatine where I could literally feel the blood flowing to my muscles, this was as good as proof as I needed in knowing that the Agmatine was working for me. It did not substantially affect endurance/strength, but again, I was only looking for the pump with this product, and it definitely succeeded in that department.

Taste/Mixability/Dosing – easy to swallow pills taken preworkout. I dosed this on an empty stomach each time I used it, and never got an upset stomach. I did have to go #2 like clockwork after my 10 minute treadmill warm up though, but I did not mind that too much. I actually felt lighter after going.

Side Effect – I did experience one side effect I was not expecting while using this product. While getting it on with my girlfriend, I noticed a much fuller and stronger woody. A definitely and unexpected plus in my book.

Price – I have seen this product priced around 20 bucks on some online retailers. Not bad at all in my opinion. I don't normally buy "pump" products as I am kind of cheap when it comes to supplements, but if I ever do again, I would be hesitant to stray away from this.

Conclusion – I ended up really enjoying this product. Although not a necessity by any means, I could definitely see myself purchasing another bottle or two, for whenever I am cycling off stims but would still like a pump. It was extremely consistent, which seems to be something that not ALL N.O. products can claim. So the next time you're looking to get "pumped", rather than taking a guess with an inconsistent pump product with several ingredients in a proprietary blend, I would recommend the consistency of USP Labs Agmatine 500, which would probably end up being cheaper anyway.

Thanks for reading.

February 20, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste!!
  • Protein Powder
Review #6 – MTS Machine Whey, the first protein powder I have bought in a longgg minute, happy with my purchase, and I'll let ya'll know why.

MTS Machine Whey – So this is Marc Lobiner's signature protein, only available at Tigerfitness.com. It is a simple blend (concentrate/isolate), and is marketed for its versatility, price and taste. Lobiner also suggest that the concentrate contains more of the stuff found in whole animal foods vs. isolate proteins, which is a claim I personally bought into. Other than Protein Concentrate and Isolate (totaling 25gs), the ingredients include: cocoas processed w/ alkali, xanthan gum, natty and artificial flavors, salt, sucralose, and acesulfame potassium. As you can see, the only artificial ingredient (ace potassium) is listed last on an otherwise fairly simple and clean profile, a bonus for me. This blend also contains 3gs of fat, and 5gs of carbs, 1g of fiber, solid for those on either a cut or bulk. The BCAA blend is also on par w/ the top protein brands on the market, another solid plus.

My Personal Experience-As many may or may not know, I am a fierce advocate of getting all your calories from whole foods. I have made the mistake of being suckered into thinking a protein powder would be all the answers for muscle gains in the past, and because of so, sunk quite a few bucks into them. After doing research, I found out that whole foods are vastly superior; macros matter more than protein powder, and so, I essentially STOPPED buying protein. No more shakes for months. My recovery did not get worse, and I did not lose size. This only reinforced my belief of the supp industries false marketing in regard to protein...

Then came along the reviews for MTS WHEY. I found it for 39.99 bucks for a 5lb tub on sale at tigerfitness, and decided to pull the trigger, for ONE reason, and ONE reason alone. The reviews coming in for this protein emphatically stated that this is the BEST tasting protein ever made. I was making my own gainers at the time (milk, oats, spinach, fruit, pb) without whey, and honestly, these shakes tasted EH, largely because of the spinach (I typically overdo it w/ the spinach, 3-5 cups worth).
My first time using this product, I made a gainer as usual. 4 cups of green leaves. I added 1 scoop of MTS WHEY, and well, I can say w/ FULL CONFIDENCE that the reviews were not lying. Even in my gainer, this powder masked the spinach flavor, and left me literally speechless. I have never drank a shake so fast, I can still taste it just thinking about it. And it did not let up throughout the entirety of the tub, I made the sludge w/ berries and PB (PUDDING-esk, also delicious) and experimented w/ it daily, never unsatisfied. Even w/ 12 oz of whole milk, this was still the best thing I would drink or eat all day long. It also keeps you pretty full, I am guessing the reasoning being it's a concentrate based blend.
---note---got chocolate flavor.

Price/Conclusion: I got everything I asked for out of MTS WHEY. I did NOT notice an increase in recovery, but I would not expect to w/ any protein powder on the market. I did, however, end up w/ the tastiest protein powder I have ever used, and it was honestly something I looked forward to drinking daily. For the price (it is typically on sale for 39 bucks) you can't go wrong. I did mark it a 7 because I still prefer using my money on whole foods, but if you are looking for something to spice up your daily eating, I would give this protein a go. Currently on my 2nd tub, w/ zero regrets of purchase.
Until next time, keep lifting steady.

December 20, 2012

• Sugar Free
  • Excellent Profile
    Review #5 – Xyience Xenergy, a different kind of product, so I will structure this review accordingly.

Xyience Xenergy – UFC's sponsored energy drink, this product has long been one of my staples in regard to the category of energy drinks. What I love about Xyience is the profile, and how it is made up without calories, sugars, or artificial colors. Out of all of the energy drinks out on the market today (Monster, Redbull, Rockstar, Amp, ect...) this one appears to be the healthiest. Its stim profile is made up of a bunch of B-Vitamins, L-Carnitine (amino acid), Glucuronolactone (may increase mental alterness, promotes healthy liver), Guarana, and Caffeine (roughly 200mgs).

My Experience – I have gone through probably at leat 60 cans of this stuff, and the effects that I feel after drinking a Xyience Xenergy are extremely consistent. About ten minutes after consumption, I would begin to feel an almost "high" that could be described as a clean, but prominent energy. In comparison to a pre workout, as before I was into supplements I would typically use these pre-workout, I would say Xyience would be better suited for longer workouts with higher reps, or more cardio style workouts. I would say these do aid in strength (but personally, anything with caffeine does), but where I would really feel these would be during cardio. I am almost guaranteed 2 hours of consistent energy while on these, and made gains with only using these supplements pre-workout. I would rarely crash after drinking these, which is not something I can say about other energy drinks. Whenever I am currently out of pre workout, and am in need of a boost either before a workout or simply because, I do not hesitate to pick this up.

Taste/Mixability – I have drunk pretty much all the flavors, blu pom being my favorite. The mango is good, cherry lime good, hell, all the ones in the grey cans are good to go IMO. They may not taste AS good as monster or redbull, but they do not have sugar, and more geared towards performance. Regardless, I look forward to downing one of these, although I may add that it is carbonated, something that I also do enjoy.

Price – This is the one issue that I have found with Xyience Xenergy Drinks. In comparison to other energy drinks, I would say that Xyience stacks up. In my hometown, I can very easily find 2 of any brand of energy drink for $4, regardless of brand. So in that sense, value would be good. HOWEVER, in comparison to a pre-workout, Xyience is simply too expensive. Most pre-workouts will run you under a $1 a serving, and Xyience simply will not. So value here will ultimately be determined by the individual user, and how they choose to use Xyience overall.

Conclusion – Overall Rating 8.5/10. Overall, I wanted to write this review because in my eyes, this is one of the best energy drinks you can buy. It makes a great substitute for those who are currently out of preworkout, and will complement any cardio session better than most preworkouts IMO. However, the cheapest I have found these has been 2 for $4, so they are by no means a staple, but an EXTREMELY solid alternative. To summarize, if you are in a convienent store looking for a buzz, looking for a pickmeup before cardio, or out of PWO, try Xyience out. I doubt you'll be disappointed. Until next time, keep lifting steady bros, ZB out.

December 6, 2012

Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Bloat
    • Great Source Of Nutrients
    • Organic Ingredients
    • Made Me Regular
      Review #4 – Green Vibrance, A staple of mine and I'll let ya'll know why

Green Vibrance – A probiotic supplement meant to aide in overall health, specifically helping digestive health, immune system support, skeletal support, nutrient absorption, the list goes on. Made up of organic veggies, it contains many micronutrients one may miss out with the lack of a complete diet.

Review #4 – Green Vibrance, A staple of mine and I'll let ya'll know why

My Experience – I picked this product up after reading the reviews on it on this site. There are a couple of great reviews on this product and I am glad I read them and went off their recommendation. I am an average 21 year old college student who lifts hard 4 days a week, and puts up respectable numbers in the gym. Not a professional, but also, not someone who takes the gym lightly. So anyway, when running green vibrance, simply put, I felt better. I normally run very simple stacks, consisting of a good creatine and a good pre-workout. With adding Green Vibrance in, the first effects I immediately noticed was that I was more regular, in regard to going to the restroom. I felt lighter after going, and for lack of a better term, cleaner. After eating carb heavy meals I would drink a Green Vibrance, and that sick feeling would never come on as it did when not on GV. As a matter of fact, even on cheat days when eating heavy sodium or greasy fats, I still never got that brick in my stomach feeling. Overall, the product is solid and extremely effective in doing what it claims. I did not notice any increased recovery or massive physical changes, but that is not the purpose of this product.

Taste/Mixability – I did not drink this for the taste, I drank it because I know my body benefitted from the nutrients. It tasted like dirty grass, mixed average, but I don't care, and neither should you.

Conclusion – Overall Rating 9/10. Overall, I decided to make this review short and sweet. This product can be found online as low as 45 bucks, for 60 sixty servings. Expensive, but you get what you pay for, and this supplement is better for your health than any bodybuilding supplement you can buy. Sure, it won't make you pumped like a NO booster, or hyped like a PWO, but it will make you healthier. I consistently am more regular, less tired, and less bloated throughout the day, and I have never even gotten a runny nose or any symptoms of being sick while on it. I find it complements a healthy lifestyle quite nicely, and can appeal to us weight lifters as well, looking for improving overall internal health. I have ran 2 tubs of this product, cycled every few months because of price, but will continue to do so for as long as they keep making it. Keep lifting hard bruhs, I recommend this product to EVERYONE.

December 3, 2012

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Consistent Strength Gains
      • Affordable
      • No Water Retention
        Review #3 – Green Magnitude Creatine, one of my favorite products that I recommend to pretty much anyone, read why below fellow bros.

Green Mag – Controlled Labs creatine matrix, containing 5gs of 2CM Dicreatine Malate and Magnesium Creatine Chelate, 2gs of Betaine, 2gs of L-Taurine, and .5gs of L-Tyrosine. IMO a nearly perfect profile for a creatine supplement, the two forms of creatine have been shown to be absorbed better than mono, the Betaine has been known to increase the benefits of Creatine among other things, with the Taurine and Tyrosine being added to "boost cognitive function" (allstarhealth). The only modification I would do the profile would be more Tyrosine, for personal selfish reasons beings that I respond quite well to this supplement in terms of increased energy.

Personal Background – I picked an 80 serving tub of this product for 30 bucks online after reading the glowing reviews on here. Unbeatable value in my opinion, 30 bones for an entire cycles worth of upper tier creatine product cannot be beat. Most non-mono products will run you around a similar price, but the effectiveness of this particular creatine is what seals the deal for me. I typically run a 4 day a week split, a mixture of power lifter to bodybuilding type of workouts, lifting purely for self-gratification and all them gains them ladies love. 21 year old college student, and stacked this with a pre-workout in my relatively simple stack. I like keeping my stacks simple so I can better pinpoint results to specific products, and I rarely if ever buy protein powders in preference to whole animals.

Opinion on Product – Well it's safe to say this is my current go to creatine. I have used previous products ON creapure and MP creatine matrix, and the result of Green Mag do not even compare. On Green Mag my lifts went up consistently as they did on the other two creatine products, but Green Mag was the only that I did not experience bloat on. I am talking no bloat at all, whatsoever. It also kicks in relatively fast, as I was seeing added reps near the end of week one. I was able to put on weight without feeling it in my gut, but rather, my muscles. Week after week this product delivered, and my gains were consistent throughout the tub. This is controlled labs shining product in my opinion.

Taste/Mixability – For those who care, I had the crisp apple flavor, which I mixed with Purus Labs Pre-workout Condense on most days. The taste of these two supps is a 10/10 lol, enough said. By itself it was probably a 9, but bottom line, no issue here. Also, I dosed this product ¾ scoops before and ¾ scoops after workouts throughout the tub, taking 1 full scoop first thing in the morning on off days.

Conclusion – Overall Rating 9.5/10. Seriously high rating and here is why. Being a skeptic of many supplements, I know for a fact that creatine is one supplement that is known without debate to be effective and work. I like to spend my money on proven supplements, and IMO creatine is the first on my list in terms of importance, and is the first product I recommend to those looking for supplements for gains. For 30 bucks, anyone from 16 year old to 56 year old can make consistent strength, endurance, and muscle gains, using ONLY this product. Not many other products that do not mess with hormones can claim this, creatine being one. And out of all the creatine products I have tried, (including creapure which caused me personal bloating issues) this is the best. Thanks for the recommendation SR, and to pay homage, I do recommend Green Mag to all looking for a sick creatine cycle with no sides, you won't be disappointed. Thanks for the read bros, lift hard.

November 28, 2012

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Effective Kitchen Sink Preworkout
        Review #2 – Sticking w/ Pre-workouts as they are the supplement I have had the most personal experience with and therefore they are what I know best, so without further ado, here are my two cents on MP's Assault.

Assault – This is Muscle Pharm's Pre-workout supplement, meant to increase workout endurance, power, and focus, while aiding in the muscle building process. The ingredients come in one big blend so you don't know exactly how much you are getting of each, which is always a con in my book. This is also a kitchen sink pre-workout as compared to the concentrated versions that are growing in popularity in recent times, so you are getting a lot of ingredients and big scoops. Some of the more researched ingredients include: B-Vitamins, Electrolytes, BCAAs, Beta Alanine (endurance), Citrulline Malate (for pumps/endurance), Caffeine, and Creatine, among a few other less known ingredients. As you can see, it pretty much has everything you would ask for in a pre-workout.

- It should be noted however, that I personally found TWO MAJOR CONS with the profile. 1 being that on the container it states it has 32 servings, but to achieve this you need to only dose half a scoop, which is something many experienced lifters simply will not do. Another con I found was that per one scoop, there are 80 calories and 18 grams of carbs. NOT ideal for those who like working out fasted, as I do, seeing how the 18 grams of carbs on an empty stomach may cause an unwanted insulin spike pre-workout.

Personal Background – I picked this product up for around 30 bucks at GNC. Before picking this product up I had only used Black Powder or Xyience energy drinks pre-workout, and had never used creatine or anything other than a whey protein. I was unfamiliar with this site at this time, so I really did not have any idea or clue in regard to supplements. I was simply looking for an edge in the gym. My diet was average, and I was not working out fasted as I currently do. I was running a 4-5 day split w/ one body part per week, at around 1 a half hours a day, weighing approximately 170 at 5'9.

Opinion on Product – My experience with Assault was a positive one for the most part. I remember the first day taking it, I had never used Beta Alanine before, and the itch felt great. I also got the sickest pump of my life that first day, but strangely, I could never recapture it throughout the rest of the tub, a slight disappointment. I used half of a scoop pre-workout for the first few weeks, before slowly working up to a full scoop by the last week. I avoided moving up too fast as that would KILL the value, and I am not too well off money wise. My strength and size went up pretty good (about 5 pounds), which I contribute to being on creatine for the first time. I did experience some bloating on the product, which hampered a few of my workouts but not many. I also crashed a little harder on this as compared to my current favorite pres, Condense and Tier One. Focus wise I did not notice anything out of the ordinary. I stacked this with only ON's gold standard post workout.

Taste/Mixability – For those who care, I had the blue flavor of Assault, and I loved the taste. It mixed fine in a shaker, no complaints here.

Conclusion – Overall Rating 6.8/10. This supplement is bit hard to rate, so I'll explain my rating best I can. This product worked great at a full scoop, but at half a scoop, tolerance built up rapidly and it began to lose its effectiveness. For around 30 bucks, and at 1 full scoop, you are only getting 16 servings, which simply does not cut it for me. So with effectiveness being around a 9, but value being a 5, I decided to rank it somewhere in the middle overall. Also, when compared to the other pre-workouts on the market currently, and with the knowledge I have gained from SR, I now know that there are WAYY better deals out there, also lowering the overall of Assault. I have personally made better gains on a concentrated PRE w/ my own creatine working out fasted, however, I would still recommend Assault to those who are looking for a more complete Pre that contains BCAA's and Creatine, that are looking to build strength rather than cut (due to the personal water retention I had w/ the creatine), that do not work out fasted. I will probably stick to my concentrated pres personally, but if the price got tweaked a little with Assault, I wouldn't mind running it again. Thanks for reading.

November 25, 2012

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Good Vascularity When Low Bf
        • Doesnt Work As Well When Higher Bf
        New member here at SR, hoping to make a good impression with my first review, let's get it started.

Condense – This is Purus Labs concentrated Pre-Workout supplement, meant to increase endurance and workout performance. It contains a very basic ingredient profile, at one scoop - betaine anhydrous (2.5gs), beta-alanine (2gs), and "Nitratene" (480mgs), electrolytes(230mgs), caffeine(200mgs), with an overall serving size of around 6gs per one scoop. This is a very basic profile with little filler and known/studied ingredients, the only new ingredient being their version of "Nitratene" – basically a form of nitrates that helps with endurance and can provide "the pump" lifters often seek.

Personal Background – I picked this product up for around 25 bucks online (40 scoops), after reading about it here at SR. I have been lifting consistently for around a year now, after being a high school athlete gone fat/out of shape. I have previously used comparable pre-workout supplements such as C-4(newer version), Assault, Black Powder, Tier One, black coffee, and Xyience energy drinks.

Opinion on Product – I have been through almost 2 full tubs of this product, with the first tub being used on a recomp/cut, and the second on a lean/dirty bulk. I will break down my experience with running on it on each occasion, as the product treated me differently on each;

1st tub (recomp/cut) – Rating 9.2/10. Condense really came through for me on my first tub, providing exactly what I wanted from a PWO. During this cut/recomp, I was dropping about a pound a week without losing strength, eating VERY clean (organic, veggies, whole grains, fruit only post workout) on an IF style diet, working out at 5:30 a.m. 4 times a week – due to school. I weighed roughly 160 (max - pushing 225x3 on bench, 275x5 squat), and did low intensity cardio for 15 minutes after each workout (45 minutes lifting). Working out fasted first thing in the morning, Condense gave me good, but more importantly, lasting energy at one scoop that I needed to cruise through my workout, without ever feeling overstimmed (personal concern because of working out fasted). I felt the electrolytes were also beneficial for my fasted workouts, helping prevent that catabolism. Being low body fat at the time, my veins were thick and shot out from places I had never seen before (delts, thighs, calves). The pump was average as well, but seemed to get better with each use, as did the endurance. That is where this product really shined for me, as i was able to go longer and harder when on Condense as opposed to when off. Cycling off creatine at the time, this product along with Green Vibrance was all I was running, and I am confident to say Condense definitely impacted my results.

2nd tub (bulk) – Rating 7.2/10. After the success of the 1st tub, I decided to run this product again, but on a bulk. Taking two weeks off all caffeine from the previous tub, I began the next cycle with great expectation. Unfortunately, this is where I began to relate to the sub-par reviews I have been reading on here as of late. While on my bulk, I pretty much only change my carb intake (add in simple carbs, non-organic foods), and I notice that that is really all I need to do to gain weight at a somewhat slow pace. I am currently nearing the end of this tub, and my stats have gone from 162 to 175, with a probable body fat gain (thanksgiving didn't help). My strength has shot up though (bench225x6 (doubled), squat 295x5), but I credit that to getting back on creatine (green mag), and upping my carbs. Condense did not give me the energy I needed on this bulk, possibly because I was not working out as fasted as I previously had been (larger eating window), or I was not as low body fat. I found myself reaching more for a heaping scoop of my bro's tier one instead, when I had previously preferred the Condense to everything else. My stack included the remains of my Green Vibrance, and Green Magnitude. I stay away from protein powders and use the extra money on high quality animals (non-hormone chicken, grass fed beef, ect...).

Taste/Mixability – For those who care, Melonberry tasted pretty good, and both flavors mixed great/perfect in as little as 4oz of water. The apple flavor was just as good, although I only tasted it by itself a few times, often mixing this one with green mag's apple flavor. Which I may say tasted delicious.

Negative Side Effects – None, it was extremely consistent from 1 to 2 scoops. On only one occasion however, I got bicep pumps that literally hurt. It was from a high rep back day, so I cannot attribute it solely to the Condense, but more so to the style of workout.

Conclusion – Overall Rating 8.2/10. Condense is an above average pre-workout supplement. When low body and on a cut, I never had to go above one scoop per serving, and it delivered every time, providing amazing value. On the bulk, I found myself going up to two scoops, lowering the value a little. In comparison to other supplements in this category, I would say I got better energy off of C-4 and Tier One, but Condense provided me with more endurance, veins, and a more stable energy that I preferred in my cutting state without the creatine of C-4 and Tier One. So overall I would recommend this to anyone of low body fat looking for a clean, endurance based, creatine free supplement, while I would tell those bulking/ of heavier body fat/looking for heavy stims/ to get something stronger.