VonBoom

• Increased Libido
  • Great Endurance
  • Great Pumps
  • GI Issues
Thanks to the fine folks at Myokem for inviting me to test and log their latest product, Magnitropin. Mag is a natty booster with some ingredients that are new to this natty lovin’ reviewer. Here’s a quick look at the profile:

Proprietary mix 2.166g/serving

Paederia foetida extract (20:1)
Cistanche deserticola extract (20:1)
Gentiana lutea extract (10:1)
(-)-Epicatechin
Black pepper extract (std. min. 95% Piperine) (fruit)

Proprietary mix 2.166g/serving

Paederia foetida extract (20:1)
Cistanche deserticola extract (20:1)
Gentiana lutea extract (10:1)
(-)-Epicatechin
Black pepper extract (std. min. 95% Piperine) (fruit)

Since WarMachine and bosox516 have done such a nice job of summarizing each ingredient, I’ll spare you the science. I’ve had nice results with Paederia foetida before. But the other ingredients are new to me. I was most intrigued by Epicatechin, which aims at reducing or suppressing myostatin. It’s also supposed to increase NO production, which would explain some fairly sick pumps I had on this cycle. Ah, but we’re getting ahead of ourselves. Let’s get to the brand promises.

On the label, Mag promises increased lean muscle mass, increased strength and performance, and increased appetite. So how did it check out?

Dosage/Mixability: 9/10
Easy-peasy. 3 capsules twice daily with food. I took mine preworkout right after waking up (with a banana and my PWO), and the second with dinner.

Taste: n/a
It’s capsules, so no taste.

I noticed increased stamina in the gym. As I mentioned in my log, there were several workouts where I lifted, then did cardio…then went and lifted again (or was dying to). I had good strength, too. Muscles felt full and activated. Pumps, as previously mentioned, were sick. Libido was off the charts, as was that alpha male feeling. The latter I actually had to take a breath and hold in check a few times. As for appetite, I’d say the first half of the four-week run, I didn’t notice much of an increase. But for the last half of the cycle, I was fairly ravenous. Second helpings, piles and piles of between-meals almonds. If you’re taking this stuff, make sure you have a fridge stocked with healthy foods. It would be really easy to get tubby if your diet was off.

Side Effects: 4/10
I had pretty bad GI issues, especially the first 7–10 days. I lost considerable workout time with an extra trip to the bathroom every morning. It did taper off during the latter part of the cycle, probably once every three days by cycle’s end.

Scanning the interwebs, it looks like 4-week supply generally runs in the $49.99 range. That’s fairly high in my book. There are good natty boosters out there in the $30 range. But I can say this is a quality product and I’d definitely stock up if I saw it on sale.

As far as performance goes, this is a fantastic test-booster with a jolting appetite boost. Side effects and price knock a couple of points off. But overall, this is a super-solid product and definitely gets the VonBoom seal of approval.

February 13, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Builds Strength
  • Build Lean Muscle
  • Great Pump/vascularity
  • Greater Muscle Density
  • Fewer Sides Than Many Other Phs
  • Results In Week 3+
Armed with the wisdom of the SR experts and some other great sites, I recently took the plunge and ran my first PH cycle. I chose Halocor (a Halodrol clone), because it's often cited as a great beginner PH with minimal sides. I ran my cycle at 50/75/75/75/100/100. To read my full stack, including preload, support and PCT (with Nolvadex at 20/20/10/10), you can check out my log here on SR.com (http://SupplementReviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=27342.0).

What is Halocor/Halodrol?

What is Halocor/Halodrol?

Paraphrasing iconsupplements a bit, Halodrol (4-chloro-17a-methyl-androst-1,4-diene-3-17b-diol) is a derivative of the anabolic steroid testosterone. It bears a great structural similarity to T-Bol, which is an altered version of the very popular and strong D-bol. Halodrol provides increases in lean muscle mass without the bloating. Gains from Halodrol generally take a couple of weeks to notice, but you can expect greater muscle strength and size, improved vascularity, and huge muscular pumps. Halodrol also has many properties of traditional steroids like increased red blood cell (RBC) production, improved endurance during exercise via better lactic acid clearing, enhanced oxygen and nutrient delivery to working muscles for greater endurance, better muscle glycogen restoration after exercise for faster recovery and the inhibition of muscle destruction known as catabolism.

Dosage: 9/10

Easy, peasy. Just take your capsules with food. I evenly dispersed my dosage between wakeup (with food) and dinner. If I had an odd number of pills (75mg is 3 caps), I would take two upon waking, as that was also pre-workout for me.

Let's start with some stats (apologies for repeating parts from my log, but I think they best illustrate what I got from this cycle):

During the cycle I raised my bench 10lb, squats 30lb (+6 reps) and my deadlifts 10lb (+3 reps). But my goal wasn't to necessarily concentrate on PRs. Instead, it was to dig in and get more volume and build strength. And I was able to do that. For example, here's a comparison of my workouts on two major lifts pre-cycle vs. Week 6 of the cycle.

Bench

Pre: 4x185; 1x205/225/245/265; 2x285; 5x3x265; 5x4x245; 5x6x225; 5x8x205

Week 6: 3x185; 1x225/245/265/285; 3x3x305; 5x4x285; 5x6x265; 5x9x245; 5x10x225

Squats

Pre: 6x225; 6x275; 6x295; 6x315; 6x335; 6x355; 6x375; 3x395; 3x10x315

Week 6: 6x225; 6x275; 6x315; 6x335; 6x365; 6x385; 2x10x405; 2x10x385; 2x10x365; 2x10x335

Body fat remained about the same (4-point calipers: basically, it came down to having the same belly fat before and after the cycle). That's more a reflection of the structure of my workouts than anything else. I concentrated hard on lifting and only hit the abs if I had the time. But in terms of composition, I added to chest (+1/2"), biceps (+5/8") and quad/hams (1/2"). I could have added much more if I'd gone for a bulk instead of recomp. The two times during the cycle I went way above my target macros (two days at Thanksgiving and three days at Christmas), I immediately put on 5 or 6 pounds. Like, in a couple of days. And not in my waist. Even when I really went off script at Christmas, my pants felt the same. I just felt bigger up top. So, if you're looking for a starter PH to bulk, you might consider Halocor.

There are definitely stronger PHs out there. I never felt like I was Hulking up or anything. I really just felt like I was having peak performance workouts, where I could go longer and harder without fatiguing...and with very quick recovery. With Halocor, you do have to be patient before it fully kicks in. But to me it was worth it to make gains with a lesser chance of sides. Speaking of which...

Sides: 7/10

Sides were minimal. Some bacne and little facial acne. The wife, who shaves my back bi-weekly (yes, I know I'm lucky...and that's slightly weird), reports that my back hair was growing out noticeably faster and I noticed some thinning of my scalp hair. This would lead me to consider adding some sort of DHT blocker to my next Halocor cycle. But that's it. I took Taurine the whole cycle and had no back pumps. And no atrophy (T-Force was fantastic).

Post-cycle, I noticed a drop in libido for about a week before it evened out. And despite using Abilderate Advanced, I had a bit of a cortisol spike. I hit that hard by cutting calories and adding more cardio and abs to my PCT workouts. Post-PCT blood test came out great. No issues at all.

60 25mg caps cost around $30. To run a six-week cycle, you need between two and three bottles. That's not cheap, but then if you're running a PH, you can't really do it on the cheap...especially considering the support supps and SERM. It is what it is. There is no cheap alternative. The main thing I would advise is to keep an eye out for deals on your whole stack and accumulate it over time as you find sales. For the Halocor itself, keep an eye on Strong Supplement Shop. They run specials on it from time to time, usually 10% off. It's not great, but it helps.

Summary: Now, having completed my PCT and being able to compare before/after, my observation is that stamina and recovery are the main benefits of this stuff while you're on-cycle. You can do a long, brutal workout and an hour later feel great...and ready to go back to the gym. Your muscles will grow harder and more dense on cycle, but you will lose some of that the day you stop. The thing you want to do is set yourself up to keep your gains, both with high-volume workouts on cycle and throughout your PCT. I can't say I've kept all of my gains. An ulnar nerve issue has limited my push exercises and arm isolation exercises since Week 2 of PCT. As a result, I lost some of my biceps gains. Chest and legs size gains remain, though. I look forward to trying this again with a stronger dosage and, hopefully, an injury-free PCT. I had a good-but-not-insane experience as a first-timer. I feel like there's a chance to do it better next time.

February 6, 2014

• Relieves Joint Pain
  • Convenient Dosage
  • No Sides
    The one thing I've consistently struggled with, as I've moved to lifting heavier weights in my 40s, is joint discomfort. My wrists, shoulders, knees...you name it. If I do heavy lifts (particularly compound lifts), I feel it before, during and after. Because I was starting to kick my training into higher gear this past year, I started taking Animal Flex to try to combat the aches.

Here's a quick look at the profile:

Zinc (as Zinc piccolinate) 15mg
    Selenium (as Sodium Selenite) 70mcg
    Manganese (as Manganese Sulfate) 1mg
    Joint Construction Complex 3000mg
    Glucosamine (as HCl sulfate KCl)
    Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM)
    Chondroitin Sulfate A (CSA)
    Chondroitin Sulfate B (CSB)
    Joint Lubrication Complex 1000mg
    Flaxseed Oil (50% alpha linolenic acid)
    Cetyl Myristoleate Proprietary Blend
    Hyaluronic Acid
    Joint Support Complex 1000mg
    Quercetin
    Bromelain **
    Ginger Root Extract (gingerols shogaols)
    Turmeric Extract (curcumin)
    Boswellia (boswellic acid)

I've used three tubs of Animal Flex now and am definitely dealing with fewer joint issues than before. And I'm lifting heavier weights than I was several months ago, too. So, I'm definitely seeing results. But it's not a cure-all. I still get aches in my right shoulder and my wrists. The difference, with my shoulder at least, is that it's not constant. I'll have soreness directly after the workout, sometimes for the remainder of the day. But it doesn't hold me back when I return to the gym a day later. That's a marked improvement. There were times last summer where I would have to change my workout rotation because my shoulder or hip was still aching from a workout several days before. I haven't had that happen for a while now.

Taste: n/a
    Just a pile of caps.

Dosage: 8/10
    People complain about the number of pills in these things (8 per pack), but it all comes in a convenient little bag to be taken one time a day, either on an empty stomach or with food.

Sides: 10/10
    I've heard others complain about digestive issues. I've had none. No complaints.

If you can catch a special, you can get a can of 44 servings (one per day) for under $25. That's less than $.60/day. Not bad at all.

Summary:
    Animal Flex is a solid product for joint issues. It's not going to make all your troubles go away, but the profile is one of the most complete and well-rounded on the market and will definitely help you heal up for your next workout.

December 21, 2013

• Less Soreness Upon Waking
    • Helped Recovery
    • Mixes Well
    • Digests Well
    • Not The Best-tasting Protein
    • A Little Pricey
    Understanding there's no shortage of reviews for Optimum Nutrition's Gold Standard 100% Casein, I nevertheless feel compelled to do a review as this has been a staple of mine for a while. If you don't understand the reasoning behind having casein in your daily arsenal, it basically boils down to having slow-release protein to heal and feed your muscles over an extended period of time, particularly overnight when your body isn't getting any other sustenance.

I was initially drawn to ON's 100% Casein because I'd suffered through a few tubs of cheap, gut-wrenching protein (I'm looking at you, MuscleTech) and wanted to step up in quality. ON is one of the most trusted brands on the market, so the choice was easy.

Profile: 8

Other's have listed the profile in some depth, so I'll just focus on the highlights. 24g protein per serving, with only 1g fat and 3g carbs (and 1g sugar). One downside is the use of high fructose corn syrup, definitely a point deduction in my book.

Taste: 5

I've tried two flavors: Cookies & Cream and Chocolate Cake Batter. Frankly, neither is that great. I actually add a couple of scoops of Quik to the Cookies & Cream in order to make it a more enjoyable evening drink. The Chocolate Cake Batter isn't much better.

Mixability: 10

No clumping or problems whatsoever.

Effectiveness: 9

Protein is a pretty passive supplement, and by that I mean you can't really feel its effect. But you can't argue with the cumulative effect of those 24g of protein over the course of the night in terms of healing the body and building muscle. Still, I feel compelled to deduct a point because I have other proteins that give me upwards of 29 or 30g per serving. 24g isn't bad, though.

Value: 6

Usually, a 4lb tub retails for around $53. That's too high in my book, but I'm pretty savvy with keeping an eye out for deals. Frankly, I know there are GNC haters out there, but this is a fairly regular red tag item for them. So, I generally end up paying closer to $40-45.

Overall: 7

I stick with ON Casein because it's a trusted brand and, well, doesn't wreck my stomach. Could it be better? Yeah. I'd love to see them come somewhere even remotely close to RCSS protein flavors (or for that matter, I'd love to see RCSS make a casein!). And I'd like to see them ditch the high fructose corn syrup. Otherwise, a pretty solid product.

November 7, 2013

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Taste. Unreal
    • Good Recovery
    • Gains In Muscle
    • Betaine
    • 5g Of Creatine
    • Mixes Great
    • A Little Pricey
    I thought I'd found my be-all, end-all protein several months ago when I started taking Ultimate Nutrition's Iso Sensation 93. Great profile, great taste...everything you'd want in a protein. Then I tried Pro-Antium a few months back. Having now bought all the back stock from every GNC in my area (suck it, Conejo Valley!), it's safe to say I've found a new be-all, end-all protein. Here's what I'm talking about...

Profile: 9/10

OK, we'll deduct a point for not giving us a breakdown of those BCAAs (2:1:1? 8:1:1?). Otherwise, super-solid.

29g Protein

1g Sugars
    9g Total Carbs
    4.5g Total Fat
    1g Saturated Fat

Coleman Protein Matrix (Whey Protein Concentrate, Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Hydrolisate, Micellar Casein, Egg Albumin, Calcium Caseinate)

Coleman Amino Matrix (L-Glycine, L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine)

Coleman Lipid Matrix (Sunflower Oil Powder and/or Soy Oil Powder, MCT Oil Powder [from Coconut])

No, that's not enough BCAAs to really impact your workout. But it does complement an intra-workout nicely. And yes, there's a wee bit of fat for those of you looking to cut. But look closer and see the quality of the lipids. In addition, you get a full 5g serving of creatine monohydrate and some added betaine for strength, power and endurance. All that and, of course, a whopping 29g of protein per scoop. Hell. Yes.

Taste: Double Chocolate Cookie 9/10; Vanilla Wafer Crisp 10/10

I always get chocolate protein, mainly because it's the hardest one to screw up. And Pro-Antium Double Chocolate Cookie totally delivers (with real bits of cookie!). Super chocolatey, like a liquid double chocolate chip cookie. I'm generally ambivalent to vanilla (MuscleTech's NitroTech just about ruined vanilla for me forever), but Pro-Antium Vanilla Wafer Crisp is probably"”no definitely"”the best-tasting protein I've ever had. EVER. I freakin' look forward to it like a kid on his way to get a post-ballgame milkshake. It's awesome. I've not tried the Strawberry Shortcake yet, but I'm sure it's great if it's anything like these.

Mixability: 10/10

No problems here. Maybe a few cookie bits on the side of the shaker.

For my needs, trying to build and repair muscle, this is the perfect protein. A 10 all the way. For those looking to cut, you might try another, less delicious brand with a little less fat. But you, my friend, will be missing out.

When GNC foolishly discontinued RCSS products, I grabbed these for a song (I actually got a few for $30 a tub"”plus a BOGO!). Otherwise, it's a bit pricey. There are places where it's super-pricey actually online ($80-$90 for 5lb tub!), but you can generally find some in the $55 range. That's not awful, but not cheap either. I will say this, though. It's a quality product and worth paying a little more for.

Summary: There's a reason everyone and his brother on this site is singing the praises of Pro-Antium. It tastes amazing and has a jam-packed profile to boot. Yeah buddy!

October 25, 2013

• Increased Libido
    • Increased Strength
    • Excellent Taste
    • Minor Bacne
    Yeah buddy! Thanks to Big Ron's team for inviting me to test their fantastic Testogen-XR product. VonBoom has done a lot of nattys and I'd have to put this at or near the top.

Here's the profile:

Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol): 500I.U.
    D-Aspartic Acid: 3,000mg
    Agmatine: 1,000mg
    AstraGinâ„¢ (Astragalus membranaceus) (root): 50mg
    Testogen-XR Proprietary Blend: 2,422mg
    Testosterone & Nitric Oxide Boosters: L-Carnitine Tartrate, Taurine, Horny Goat Weed (Epimedium grandiflorum) (herb), Nettle (root), Green Tea Extract (leaf) & Calcium D-Giucarate

Clinically proven dosage on the D-...

Here's the profile:

Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol): 500I.U.
    D-Aspartic Acid: 3,000mg
    Agmatine: 1,000mg
    AstraGinâ„¢ (Astragalus membranaceus) (root): 50mg
    Testogen-XR Proprietary Blend: 2,422mg

Clinically proven dosage on the D-AA. Plus agmatine for pumps and quicker recovery, AstraGin for NO production, L-Carnitine Tartrate for building lean muscle and endurance"”plus other goodies for energy and libido. Yes, it's a partially prop blend. But it definitely delivers.

Dosage/Mixability: 8/10
    Dosage is a snap. One scoop a day. I took mine right after I woke up, on the way to the gym. Mixability loses just a few points. As others have noted, you leave a lot of foamy residue in the bottle. This wasn't an issue for me, since I use the same bottle for my intra-workout drink.

Taste: 10/10
    The strawberry lemonade is very good. Very, very good. Kool-Aid good.

For the first couple of weeks, I would say the effects were minimal. But toward the end of week 2, it definitely kicked in. In the last two-plus weeks on the cycle, I lost three pounds, bumped up my bench PR from 265 to 285 and increased my squats PR from 305 to 335. Yes, hard work and a good diet should get a lion's share of the credit. But as a natty booster, Testogen-XR definitely stepped up and helped me reach my goals. Seriously. I had great energy, super-strong libido (!) and, while I didn't do a BF test, I can say that I've added some strength while shedding a little weight.

Side Effects: 8/10
    A bit of bacne on my shoulders mostly. Not a big deal, but worth reporting.

A 30-day supply can generally be had in the $33 range. There have been a ton of deals over the last few months, though. So cagey shoppers should be able to score a tub for a little less.

I really have no complaints. If you're looking to do a D-AA cycle, Testogen-XR is a great product with not only the perfect dosage of D-AA, but also enough extras to truly give you a boost in the gym...and the bedroom. As I said earlier, YEAH BUDDY!

Overall
    Overall
    3.0
    2.0
      October 3, 2013

Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Sides
    Thanks to the kind folks at NGN for inviting me to try their Glyco-Energy pre-workout. Their promise to the consumer is that it "increases energy, endurance and stamina," allows "quicker exercise recovery," "assists in body fat loss," delivers an "intense pump," "increases nitric oxide retention," and "enhances libido strength."

That's quite a promise. Let's take a closer look at the product...

That's quite a promise. Let's take a closer look at the product...

The main ingredient is a proprietary blend (red flag!) called GlycoCarn. The company website explains: "GlycoCarn is L-Carnitine fused with a specific amino acid (Glycine) that forms a powerful AminoCarnitine®. This patented molecule increases the power and absorption of L-Carnitine to assist and enhance sports performance."

Yes, but does it work?

Effectiveness: 4

I tried all three versions of the product (which differ in the amount of GlycoCarn per serving), from the powdered Glyo-Energy Nitric Oxide Boost (the weakest) to the two bottled versions, Original Glyco-Energy and Glyco-Energy Xccelerate (the strongest). The bottled versions also have a small dose of caffeine and some B vitamins.

Let me start by saying, I did see gains in the gym during this 42-day trial. I felt strong during my workouts and hit some PRs along the way. But that being said, I'm reluctant to credit Glyco-Energy too much for my gains because I felt absolutely no difference when I bumped up my dosage to the stronger bottled versions of the product and even stacked two scoops of the powder with the heaviest dosed Xccelerate (a combined total of 4x the strength of a two-scoop serving). None.

Pump was non-existent throughout the cycle (and this is after coming off of a serious pump product about a month prior"”so I know what those veins and muscles can look like!). Nor did I experience much fat loss or libido surge.

Taste: 5

Watermelon is the best of the flavors, pomegranate the worst. None are worth savoring, though I will say they improve a bit when you mix the powdered GE (in water) with the bottled GE. In some way, they sort of cancel out the harshness of each other and become reasonably drinkable.

Side Effects: 10

Value: 2

You can get 50 scoops of the powdered Glyco-Energy on BodyBuilding.com for $29.97. Keep in mind that this is the weakest of the three GE options and it's two scoops per dose. So your talking over $1 a day.

Conclusion:

As I say, I did have good strength and made some great gains during my Glyco-Energy cycle. That's why I'm not throwing a bunch of zeroes here. And it may very well be that GE contributed to that. I just hesitate to give the product too much credit for my gains because I never really felt it kick in, even when I was quadrupling the original dosage. It just never felt any different to me.

September 25, 2013

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Pump
    • Improved Vascularity
    • Increased Muscular Endurance
    • Increased Strength
    • Pricey
    Slowly but surely I'm knocking out reviews for a stack I recently had the pleasure of logging for Applied Nutriceuticals (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155660003). The stack featured IGF-2, Free Test and the subject of this review, N.O. Uptake. Here's AppNut's promise: "N.O. UPTAKEâ„¢ works to increase Nitric Oxide within your system to give you BIGGER PUMPS, STRONGER LIFTS and QUICKER RECOVERY! Taken consistently, N.O. UPTAKEâ„¢ will increase GH and Test levels as well."

Did it work? Well, if you read my IGF-2 review you know how this story ends. But for those who didn't, here are my notes and ratings.

Profile: Proprietary blends are always a big red flag for me, because you never know how much you're getting of any one ingredient. And that's just what we have here: a 600mg proprietary blend, including TMG, Leucine Nitrate, Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate, N-Methyl D- L-Aspartate, L-Norvaline and Uridine, plus 6g DHEA and a pile of vitamins and minerals. That said, I've had good luck on multiple occasions with AppNut (including their fab PWO Uncut) so I'm willing to look the other way.

Dosage: Dosage is 5-7 caps. After a ho-hum week or so of pumps, I hit the magic number with 7. From there on, it was sheer awesomeness.

Pumps: 10
    Great pumps. Veins popping. Muscles bulging. Absolutely killer.

Strength: 9
    It's hard to give credit to any one product in this stack. They all contribute to strength. All I can say is I saw great results. For instance, I raised my bench 20lb. in a month. A legit 20. I had barely gotten 225 up when I started the cycle and I hoisted 245 at the end. I was bigger and stronger by the cycle's end. My legs, my chest, my arms"”everything. A great muscle-building month.

Recovery: 9
    Even though I was pushing PRs every day at the gym, I recovered well and was always ready to go for the next workout. Now, I do a lot of other things to take care of my body, as well, including support supplements and a good stretching regimen. But considering that I've done the same thing since the AppNut cycle ended, with the same support supps, and have had a couple of muscle stress issues"”I should probably give N.O. Uptake some props in this department.

Overall value: 7
    The only downside is that N.O. Uptake is still relatively unavailable outside the AppNut website and manufacturer websites almost never offer a great value. A bottle of 150 caps runs $49.99, which is kinda steep for me. But you are at least getting something that works for your money. And when this stuff starts showing up on your BodyBuilding.coms, I would expect it to be much more affordable. In which case, I'd totally snap some up.

September 9, 2013

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Tastes Great
    • Good Energy
    • No Jitters
    • Good Focus
    • Proprietary Blends
    Thanks to 360CUT for sending me a sample bottle of their PWO, 360PRE. Apologies for taking this long to post!

The profile--as noted in several reviews--is a blend that includes pretty much everything but the kitchen sink:

11 grams of L-Taurine, L-Glutamine, L-Alanine, Di-Magnesium Malate, Potassium Phosphate. L-Citrulline, L-Carnitine, L-Tartrate, L-Ornithine-L-Aspartate, Beet Ext. (Beta Vulgaris)(Root). L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine. Creatine Monohydrate, Magnesium Creatine Chelate, L-Glutathione Reduced. L-Tyrosine, Caffeine, Oxytropis Falcate Ext. (Whole Plant), Adenosine 5'-Triphosphate Disodium, Glucuronolactone...along with several vitamins and minerals

That's a lot of ingredients with no sense of how much you're actually getting of anything in particular. In the future, I'd like to see a little more transparency there.

360CUT promises this blend will "increase endurance," "amp up intensity" and "boost muscle strength." Let's see how it did:

I ran 360PRE for a 30-day cycle alongside a natty stack of AppNut Free Test and IGF-2, as well as AppNut NO Uptake, Modern BCAA+, Pro-Antium, MyoFusion Probiotic, NutraPlanet L-Glutamine, Kirkman fish oil and multi-vitamins.

Dosage: 10/10
    Dosage was easy. One scoop before my workout. Looking at Hulkish's (very good) review, I had the opposite experience. I accidentally took two scoops once and it made me so lightheaded and, well, sick that I had to stop my workout. And I honestly can't remember EVER doing that.

Taste: 7/10
    I had the watermelon, which was pretty good. I've had better, but I've also had a lot worse.

Performance: 9
    Running it alongside the rest of my stack, it's hard to give all the credit to one product. But I can certainly credit 360PRE for good energy throughout my long, early morning workouts. And it was a clean energy. No jitters or anything like that. Good focus. 360PRE will have to share the credit with the rest of the stack for strength and pumps, but I had absolutely incredible pumps during this cycle and saw great strength gains (added 20lb. to my bench, for one). Maybe if I ran it again on its own I'd have different results, but the stack as a whole kicked @$$...so I have a hard time downgrading it.

Side effects: 10

Value: 7
    I'm seeing 360PRE online in the $35 range. That's a few dollars more than I like to pay for a PWO. Not over-the-top, but also more expensive than you can usually find something like White Flood for.

Conclusion: I had a great cycle while on 360CUT. Yes, credit has to go to my complete stack and not just my PWO (oh, and hard work!), but I can definitely say that 360CUT held up its end of the bargain.

August 30, 2013

• Increased Muscle Density
    • Noticeable Muscle Size Increase
    • Pricey
    Thanks to the fine folks at Applied Nutriceuticals, I recently had the opportunity to log a stack of their products on another site: Free Test, N.O. Uptake and IGF-2 (see: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155660003). I'll eventually try to get a review up for each product, but I wanted to lead with IGF-2, which AppNut hails as the "immediate growth compound."

Proprietary Blend --- 700mg
    Chlorophytum Borivillanum (As 50% Saponis)
    Mucuna Pruriens (As 98% L-Dopa)
    Rhodiola Rosea (As 3% Rosavins)
    Cuscuta Chinensis (As 20:1 Dodder Seed)
    Bioperine® (Pi...

Proprietary Blend --- 700mg
    Chlorophytum Borivillanum (As 50% Saponis)
    Mucuna Pruriens (As 98% L-Dopa)
    Rhodiola Rosea (As 3% Rosavins)
    Cuscuta Chinensis (As 20:1 Dodder Seed)
    Bioperine® (Piper Nigrum As 95% Piperine)**

Yes, there's that red flag: proprietary blend. But I've had success in the past with an AppNut proprietary blend (Uncut), so I tried to keep an open mind. Within that blend is a nice mix of ingredients. Chlorophytum Borivillanum combined with velvet bean (Mucuna Pruriens) promotes the growth hormone, in addition to mood elevation, sexuality and movement. Rhodiola Rosea is considered an adaptogenic herb, meaning that it increases resistance to stress, without disturbing normal biological functions. It's used to increase the capacity for mental work and to boost general strength and vitality. Cuscuta Chinensis, among other things, protects the liver and makes your sperm swim better (according to this study: http://www.raysahelian.com/cuscuta.html). Bioperine is black pepper extract, which is a thermogenic.

When you put all of that together, AppNut promises a product that "stimulates natural growth hormone and testosterone production," "supports testosterone levels to promote sexual health and muscle hardness," "supports increases in HGH levels," and "supports healthy testosterone levels."

Dosage:
    4 caps upon waking, 4 at bedtime. Both on an empty stomach. Since I take protein when I wake up and when I go to sleep, that wasn't completely possible. But I did my best to give the pills a 20-minute head start on the protein.

Taste: N/A
    Capsules, so no issues there.

Performance: 9
    The first 7-10 days I would say were unremarkable in the growth department, but then towards the end of the second week I just started just ballooning"”in a good way. In a noticeable way. My wife and coworkers both commented on how I was getting bigger. Chest, arms, legs. I only gained three pounds on the cycle (losing 0.2% BF), but I looked more buff. And the payoff is that I was stronger. I increased my bench by 20lb. during that cycle. An honest 20lb. As in, I had just barely gotten to 225 when I started and on the last day of the cycle I benched 245. Sadly, within a week of the cycle ending, a lot of the size retreated. Water loss, I assume. But the strength gains were lasting and I'm working to add to them right now. So, it was a really good experience.

As a test booster, I'm not quite sure how to gauge it (or Free Test, for that matter). I didn't really have any of the telltale signs I usually associate with strong natty boosters. No increase in libido, improved sleep or alpha male-type stuff. But I can't argue with the strength gains.

Side effects: 10
    None. Not even bacne.

Overall value: 7
    Well, it's a little pricey on BB.com, $49.99 for a month's supply (240 caps). I hunted around and that's pretty much the ballpark everywhere.

In conclusion, I had a great run on IGF-2. Great strength gains and, temporarily at least, some noticeable size gains. The price might be a little steep for some, but you definitely walk away from your cycle with gains.

(Footnote: The pic at the top of this page is out of date. They have new packaging.)