Supps2Grow

• Reputation is somewhat low. (+18)
  • Was an active member for 4 months, but hasn't been online since August, 2014
  • Low community participation

Reviews by Supps2Grow

August 12, 2014

I'm not really one to write negative reviews but this product is just one I saw on the news feed and figured I would add my 2 cents. I've tried just about every pre workout on the market, so I have a good experience with supplements especially pre workouts.

The formula is extremely basic! There's barely any content/volume in the jar for christ sake. it's like 4.9 g per scoop (3.5 of that is the ingredients) at 40 servings?! what the!! At least give us a descent 250g per jar, I mean anything under or around 200 is just a rip off. Beta Alanine is probably the only worth while ingredient in this entire product, and considering it's one of seven ingredients of 3.5g you're getting a very minuscule dose.

Taste - okay wasn't bad.

Energy - not bad, that's the ONLY thing this product has going for it (i'm being nice here)

Pump - Zero

Value - I wouldn't pay more then $20 for a jar.

Results - noticed nothing but a fast lived stim high, probably from the caffein and amp citrate. Didn't last long or even feel very good.

July 25, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Amazing Taste
  • Great Mixability
  • Great In Water &/or In Milk
    I like this protein for one reason. the Flavor selection is awesome! The S'mores is GREAT in oatmeal with some cinnamon, the Confetti is also great in oatmeal and protein pancakes, the PB is awesome in oatmeal with PB lol. And the Chocolate is good for all the above, plus your conventional protein shakes. I won't pay full price for this protein being a whey blend it's just not worth it. HOWEVER, if you can find a good deal, like a but 2 get one free then I would do it. My rule of thumb, I won't pay more then $10 an /LB unless it's a 100% whey isolate (or hydrolyzed).

Mixability is gre...

Mixability is great for all. Taste I already mentioned above. I would say s'more is my favorite, that that's in oatmeal. I would rather use another brand for shakes, but personally I use the tasty protein's more for cooking (at least these days I seem to), just makes it a little more fun!

No side effects. No bad after taste. No inconsistency with flavors or quality. Oh and cellular packaging is always good. lol.

I like the profile, it's not bad. pretty standard for a 100% iso/concentrate. hopefully it's majority isolate but you never know these days.

All in all I would recommend the protein, I would try all the flavors, they're all great. A lot of people seem to like the cinnamon one also, I found the vanilla to be just the same if you add some cinnamon of your own (and then with plain vanilla you have the option of flavoring it otherwise too. win win)

Hope this review is helpful.

May 17, 2014

Pros:
     Cons:
      • Poor Quality
      A buddy of mine introduced me to this protein, I went throughout 3 tubs, switched from my ON 100% whey...This one was significantly less money so I figured I would give it a try. Mind you this was about 2 years ago. I never touched it since.

Flavor - I tried orange, and vanilla. Both were amazing. best tasting protein I've tried.

Mix - flawless mixing

Label - Looks like a great product, good content and ratios, definitely bang for your buck

Mix - flawless mixing

Results - First off, I lost weight using this protein, when it was actually MORE calories then the one I was previously using, that was the first red flag. My other issue was I didn't digest it well, I've actually never had that with any protein out of the 30+ brands/types I've tried. I also noticed my recovery was down, perhaps due to lack of protein, at the time I would drink 3 shakes per day, I didn't know any better and that's what I had been doing for the past year, once I switched to intel I noticed a decrease in my performance and results!

Quality - IMO this is very very low quality protein. It's also very very cheap to buy. HMMM. kinda makes sense! From now on i typically use ON, I also like Cellucor and I do try new ones from time to time.

May 1, 2014

• Good Focus
      • No Creatine
      • Questionable Taste
      • No Agmatine
      I didn't find anything great about this product, but I didn't find anything I didn't like either. Good dose of Beta Alanine. But it was missing Agmatine, which is my favorite ingredient! and Creatine! a lot of the ingredients aren't you typical "pre workout" ingredients. I don't find the Cittruline blend too effective (in general).

Flavor - Descent. Nothing great nothing bad. ON has never had the best flavoring (thinking protein here) but I trust their products and I trust their quality, so I let flavor take a back seat. I had the Fruit Punch, so perhaps the other flavors are better. Twisted Apple looks tasty! (at least the name sounds good)

Energy - Good energy, has a variety of stims, I like the 200mgs per servings. not over stimmed like a lot of pre's these days. Experienced No crash, no jitters.

Results - I had some good workouts while taking pre. Would definitely recommend it as a solid pre workout.

Overall - I feel it's lacking with no creatine and no Agmatine. If they reformulated and included those ingredients this could be number 1 or 2 on my list.

April 28, 2014

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Good Protein Source
      • Overpriced
      Liquid egg whites, nothing new, but MuscleEgg made them something new and unique by adding some amazing flavoring! These things really do taste awesome. I would drink them daily if they weren't so expensive. The flavors i'm aware of are Chocolate, Mint Brownie, Strawberry, Mint Chocolate, Caramel, Vanilla and Plain. My favorites are pretty much all of the flavored ones, especially Chocolate.

Taste - Like i mentioned above, the taste is awesome, no eggy taste. The flavors are amazing, not really comparable to protein powders, totally different texture.

Quality - I would say very hig...

Quality - I would say very high quality, but I have no data to back that up. I know MuscleEgg has been growing extremely rapidly and everyone I know has been satisfied.

Value - well...this would be my main problem. Depending on where you get these from you're looking at about $30+ for a gallon. Which is 16 servings at 1 cup. 25g protein. I need 40-50 grams of protein per meal so I would go through a gallon very quickly if I used it for more then one meal a day. Definitely not a cost effective protein source.

Overall - great product. great taste. good quality. No eggy taste or texture. Great variety of flavors, which are all good (imo). Only downside is the cost per serving.

Overall
      Overall
        April 24, 2014

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Quality
      • Works For What It Was Designed For
      • Fragile Ice Packs
      Been using 6 pack bags for a couple years now. Started using this a lot during my dieting phases when I need to stay on meal prep. My first one was the Innovator 5 meal bag, maybe 3 years ago, I purchased it at the Mr Olympia, worked great for me. Then once the new ones came out maybe a year or two I actually sold my old one and bought the new 5 meal bag one. It's been awesome so far. And i actually got a 3 meal one recently too so I would have a smaller one. I think I'll get the back pack next!

Quality - Very high quality bag material, zippers, plastic containers, compartments, etc...The problem is with the ice packs, they've had problems with the packs being fragile and breaking easily.

Options - Great options, especially now with the new ones they have back packs, duffle bags, purses, and of course the regular lunch bag type ones which they started with.

Value - Well these are expensive, but they last. So i guess it's up to what a meal bag is worth to you. Most people could get away with an inexpensive meal bag, but I like the 6 pack bag for all the cool little compartments and high quality material.

In conclusion I would say my only issue would be the fragile ice packs. Which I know they have been working on so hopefully they get that aspect figured out!

April 24, 2014

• Great Pump
      • Too Low Stim
      Pretty good pre workout. I most of the formula, great doses of Beta Alanine and Agmatine. Way way better then HYDE imo. Dr. Jekyll actually gives you some benefits and isn't just unnecessary huge scoops of caffein! What I liked most about Dr. J was the pump and the tingles from the Beta Alanine.

Now if only ProSupps would make a cross between HYDE and Dr. J that would be perfect. It seems to be either all stims, or very low stims and all pump/enhancer compounds.

Results - gave me a good workout, good pump, like the tingle feeling. Increased endurance. I would usually add a little caffein or 1 capsule of a moderate thermo to give me some extra kick.

Taste - Good taste, not too strong, not too mild. I generally use a lot of water so my favors are always on the more mild side. Mixed great.

Energy - energy needs improvement, I would add a little too this one. But definitely not as much as HYDE.

Pump - best aspect of this product. Agmative is a must for any quality pre workout.

Overall - I got this on sale so it was a good deal. No complaints there. Packaging is also legit. I gave it a 7 because I feel it could have been better if it was a more balance formula. don't get me wrong they make HYDE for energy and Dr. J for pump (i'm using this description loosely) ...My ideal pre workout would be one that combines the good quality pump and performance ingredients with some moderate stims.