Stefajoh

Reviews by Stefajoh

February 8, 2017

• Cool Color
  • Keeps You Awake

It's funny to me that they actually took such slang word and named it after a pre workout but it's real fitting. After GNC re-opened, I took a stroll in to see what it was all about. Lucky for me, this stuff was staring at me from a far and I decided to try it. Also, after seeing the flavor was "Gummy Worm", I could't really say no.

First I have to say Beyond Raw is very thorough with their ingredient listings. When I first looked at the ingredients something that jumped out to be was the "Energy & Mental Intensity" at 5.20 grams. After having to do the math in my head I figured out the 5.20 grams was the sum of the Beta Alanine at 3.20 grams, plus the Creatine Monohydrate at 1.50 grams, plus the Caffeine at 250.00 milligrams, plus their "Ancient Peat & Apple Extract" at 150.00 milligrams (which they describe as an elevator for ATP), and last but not least NeuroFactor Coffee Fruit Extract at 100.00 milligrams. This was another ingredient that caught my eye since I've never actually seen coffee fruit extract listed as an ingredient on anything, let alone pre workout. According to them, "two clinical studies have shown that Neurofactor may target brain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), a growth factor that may support brain cell function." Like most supplements, LIT also includes 3 grams of L-Citrulline in one serving, which is probably a below average amount compared to other pre workout. Beyond Raw also threw in 1.50 grams of Nitrosigine, which in layman's terms is used for vascularity. They put these two ingredients in a separate category "Pump & N.O. Support" and boy, they really do support the pump and nitric oxide going through your body.

Something I thought was very interesting about LIT is that it is completely sugar free and gluten free.

I don't know about anyone else but the gummy worm flavor is something new to me and it' definitely one that is staying. Beyond Raw nailed the flavor and I actually bought a bag of gummy worms to compare one day... they were close to identical. The more I used LIT, I noticed you really to shake this stuff up to get a prime mixability. It's probably because of the creatine but other than that, this stuff mixes very well. If everyone was exact with the scoops they use pull out the container, one scoop equals 13.63 grams but we all know that never happens. I probably use about 15 grams per serving and I locked and loaded.

Energy (10/10) and Endurance (10/10) While I keep trying different pre workouts to see which one tops the next, I have to say this gets you LIT and keeps you LIT for a long time. I am also in a basketball league and I'll even take it sometimes before a game and this stuff definitely keeps me from getting winded.

Focus (10/10) the focus is unreal. More so than any other pre workout I've taken.

Pump (10/10) Even with only 8 grams of L-Citrulline, the pump and strength support built Beyond Raw built into LIT is unlike any other I've tried. Within the first week of taking this, I noticed my workout were overall better. I PRed my deadlifts using this stuff and continuously got stronger. I haven't bought the same preworkout back to back in a long time but before finishing the bottle I just ended last Friday, I had bought another 2 weeks ago waiting for me.

The value isn't terrible, I had a coupon when I first bought it so I got it cheaper than the regular $40 for 30 servings but I wouldn't mind spending that on a regular day.

Side Effects

The first side effect I noticed was the fact that this stuff hit me within minutes. Whether I was on a empty stomach or not, I knew I was getting "LIT" when my lips were getting the tingles right after chugging a glass of this. Another side effect I noticed was the focus. As I mentioned above how unreal it was but I'm usually one of those people who just put in my headphones and get to work but this stuff definitely keeps you from getting distracted, reminding you it's about the gains... not the girl in the yoga pants.

A negative side effect would be the fact that it keeps me up later than I need to be at night, especially when I need to be up at 6am. I'm not one who usually gets effected too much by caffeine but something about LIT keeps me woke.

Conclusion

Overall, this pre workout is one of the more effective and better tasting one's I've tried. Even if it keeps me up at night, the minute I take this I'm ready to go. I definitely see an energy boost when I take this along with a boost in my strength and vascularity. I'm interested in tasting the other flavors as well as trying other Beyond Raw products.

June 30, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Zero Carb
  • Grams Of Protein Per Serving
  • Can Be Expensive
  • Taste Is Terrible
  • Terrible Gas
  • Grainy

While trying different proteins I figured to give Isopure a try a while back. The one I tried was the LOW CARB version but they're all pretty similar. Oh and by the way, I tried it once and never tried it again.

Ingredient Profile / Dosing

Ingredient Profile / Dosing

If you use a full serving of two scoops you'll get 50 gram of a mix of Ion Exchange Whey Protein Isolate and Microfiltered Whey Protein Isolate. Not sure why the bag even said low carb because there's literally no carbs in this protein. Along with that there's ONLY .5 grams of fat too. With that said, if you're looking for a protein to take while cutting Isopure is a great choice. With the low to zero carbs and high protein levels, this will allow you to keep the muscle without the carbs or fat. I personally only took 1 scoop after work outs to allow it to last longer but it's completely your choice if you want to take the full 2 scoop serving. With the mix of Whey Isolate, this protein is gluten and lactose free as well.

Taste/Mixability

The flavor I decided to buy was creamy vanilla and I must say, it was a disappointment. There was a clear vanilla taste but it was strangely buttery flavored as well. I reminded me of buttered popcorn so for me, it was tough to drink but if you like that kind of stuff I'd recommend it. But strangely enough, there's no protein taste to it and it's not sweet at all either.

For mixability, I'll say that the it mixed well but the powder itself had gritty, sandiness to it which was weird to me. I can say, I remember it foaming like crazy but once that settles, there's nothing left but "pure" isolate ready to drink... see what I did there? I would also recommend to mix in a smoothie or drink it cold. I can say the one thing I liked most about this protein is that fact that I was able to mix it with a spoon. I forgot my shaker one day at work and decided wth, might as well try to mix it in a cup. Assuming this was going to be clumpy and gross (as most proteins are when they aren't shaken) I proceeded and was pleasantly surprised that not even a clump of protein was attached to my spoon or anywhere else in the cup.

This protein was was effective in the protein department as there being a good amount of protein per serving. If you didn't know Isopure has actually been given to cancer patients to help them absorb and maintain the protein they need during their treatments. I left the article at the bottom of this review. Other than that, personally isopure was a good protein for me after a workout. Other than the amount of protein isopure offers, I don't seem to find this protein any more effective than any other cheaper options.

Like I mentioned, unlike much cheaper options Isopure is definitely on the expensive side of proteins. Just for a 1 pound bag, it can run up to about $30 and if you for some reason fall in love with this stuff, 5 pounds can cost you up to $100. Remember each serving is 2 scoops so if you think about it you're spending about $2 a serving, if not more.

Side Effects

I don't know why but this was the first isolate that gave me serious stomach problems. I don't know what it was but this stuff would run right through me as if I was taking a laxative. No more than 20-30 mins after taking this, my stomach was rumbling and I was running to the bathroom.

Conclusion

All in all, this protein is meh. With the flavor being weird, the price, and the abnormal side effects I can't say I like this protein very much. I don't know if it was just the kind I got. Maybe I need to give it another try, but ISOPURE was only tired once by me and this is how I feel about it. Other than the 50 grams of protein per serving (which you could really do with any protein by taking two scoops) I didn't see many other benefits from isopure. I like the fact hospitals and care centers use the ISOpure bottled drink option for cancer patients but there's definitely better options out there for the guys in the gym. Here is the article I was talking about as well.

June 27, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Nutrition Profile
  • Unbelievable Serving Of Fiber.
  • Great Taste And Texture
  • Very Good Tasting
  • Very Filling
  • A Tad Expensive

For my 6th review I figured I'd do it on something I eat about 3 times a week. Quest bar are probably one of my favorite things to eat. If I'm running late in the morning, want some extra protein throughout my day or just something to have after a workout rather than a shake, quest bars are my GO TO.

Depending on what flavor you get, the ingredient totals may vary. One bar is full of 20 grams of whey protein isolate, which is great for any reason I listed above but also because they contain very low lactose. Along with that, there's only 5 grams of fat which in comparison to some other bars is the lowest I've seen. As for calories, these bars only contain about 150 calories which is low as well. One great thing about these bars is how full I feel after eating one and that's because it's packed with 18 grams of fiber. With only about 2 grams of sugar, these bars will still satisfy your sweet tooth. They are also gluten free.

I have tried all of the quest bar flavors except for Pumpkin Pie and Peanut Butter and Jelly and I think they all taste great. I of course have my favorites like cookies and cream along with S'Mores but I would give the TASTE a 10. They aren't overly sweet nor do they have that "protein taste" to them which is why I like them too. What I like the most is that they contain chunky of whatever ingredients make up the flavor of them. For example, the S'mores flavor has chunks of chocolate and chunks of graham cracker in them. Also, the apple pie flavor contains pieces of apple in them. Depending on your personal preference I would definitely recommend trying one.

As I can't comment on the mixability, I will talk about what they look like. As they are bars, there is no mixing needed. None of them are covered in chocolate or anything like that either. The wrapper also comes off like a piece of skin and you can see the impress of it in the bar itself when you peel it off. As for the bar itself it won't melt and you can break it, bite it and even cut it if you're so inclines as the texture of them is different than other bars but different in a good way.

As for dosing, I wouldn't recommend eating more than one of these during the day as for how much fiber they contain. But for the protein they have in the them, Quest bars are one bar I enjoy on a regular basis.

If you're looking for some extra protein in your life, quest bars are a nice option. As I mentioned above they are a good snack, nice to have after a workout and even something to have in the morning if you're running late. If you don't feel full after eating one, you have a crazy appetite. I can also say, they helped with muscle growth as there was a time where I only ate these after a workout and I didn't notice any difference or lose between eating these or having a shake.

As for value I wish they were a little cheaper but I can't complain. One bar is about $2 but I'll take it, you can also purchase a full box for around $24 but they don't make buying them in bulk any cheaper which is a little disappointing.

Side Effects

While I sometimes run late in the morning (as does everyone at some point) I do notice these giving me a boost of energy when I've decided to eat them one the way to work. Mix one these with a cup of coffee you'll feel like you just had Sunday brunch. As for the fiber, that might affect you in numerous ways that I don't need to go into detail about.

Conclusion

Writing these reviews always wants me to go buy the product I'm reviewing again and it's happening again as I sit here. After submitting this I think I'll have to go indulge in one and call it a night. Overall, Quest makes one of the best protein bars I've tried and will continue to eat regularly. If the price drops that would be wonderful, if not it won't kill me. Great flavors, great ingredients, and great results.

June 24, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clinical Dosages And More
  • Great Pump
  • Naturally Sweetened
  • No Dyes
  • Focus

As I got introduced to labdoor.com a few months back I looked into their top ranked pre-workouts. According to the website site this stuff was ranked number 1 and it definitely stands to that ranking in my eyes.

With 4.8 grams of beta-alanine, this stuff packs a punch of the tingles. Along with that, the 350 mg of caffeine is on the high side but it nothing you can't handle if you have a good tolerance. Something I found interesting is the 350 mg of L-Theanine which for you guys who don't know is used for relaxation. After some additional research, this ingredient also contributes to staying focused and helps with burning fat. Another interesting ingredient that is inside Pulse and has become popular is the 4.8 grams of Betaine Anhydrous. Also abbreviated as TMG for trimethylglycine, betaine is very beneficial by boosting strength and muscle size. One other great ingredient found this stiff is L-Citrulline (8 grams) which optimizes the blood flow to muscle tissues so your pump is crazy and also helps reduce the lactic acid build-up so you don't get so sore. The last key ingredient found is the 2.2 grams of L-Ornithine which stimulates muscle growth.

Taste (6/10) I accidentally order green apple so when it got to my house I was quite disappointed but I needed it so I just tried it. It may taste good to someone who like Green Apple but to me it was really sour and impossible to drink quickly. Along with being sour, the after taste was not pleasant. Also, if you don't rinse out your bottle after drinking it and decide to fill it back up with water, it makes the water taste so weird. But that's me, maybe someone who likes green apple might have a different opinion.

Mixability (9/10) Other than the crazy amount of foam that occurs from shaking this stuff up in water, the mixability is good. Never clumpy or gritty.

Dosing (10/10) to get the full affect of all those ingredients above, you need to make sure you use two scoops. Each serving for pulse is 2 scoops which isn't a major issue but it is a reason this stuff is a little pricey for me since one bottle is only 30 servings.

Energy (10/10) I have yet to have a pre-workout that doesn't help with energy and the caffeine levels from PULSE does the job. As mentioned above the 350 mg of caffeine in this stuff makes for a nice wake up call when you need one.

Focus (10/10) the focus is definitely there when I used this stuff. I can notice when I plug in my earbuds and start my lift, I zone out and get to work.

Endurance (10/10) The endurance with this stuff is great. While on this I finished my 2 hour workout and felt like I needed to do more so I stayed for another hour and didn't even notice how long was I was at the gym until I left. Also, along with the energy, there's no crash while being on this and I had no problem sleeping while using this within 5 hours of going to sleep.

Pump (10/10) With the 8 grams of L-Citrulline, I can say I looked the most vascular when I'm taking this. Even though I have a slimmer built, I think Pulse can give anyone a crazy pump.

I have yet to see Pulse lower then $40 for about 21 servings, I think I'll wait until I see it for cheaper to buy it again. No disrespect to the supplement since this stuff definitely works but I rather buy it when I have some extra money to spend.

Side Effects

If there was one side effect I remember while using Pulse would having to use the bathroom as soon as it hit me. It was a quite strange feeling of feeling a pre-workout and having to use the bathroom. I've seen this is a common thing that happens but it's still worth trying. Even if that happens, I'll still go back and take it. Nothing better than cleansing the system before starting a workout.

Overall Thoughts/Conclusion

Overall this stuff is awesome, when I see the price drop I'll probably buy it again and as a different flavor. Being clinically tested through LabDoor.com shows it legitimately defined and I 'll support that 100%. If you have the money I recommend you give it a try.

June 23, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Snack
  • Good Source Of Protein
  • Great Flavors
  • A Little Pricey
  • Should Make Bigger Jars

After seeing this stuff all over instagram and salivating over the crazy yet delicious looking pictures they post of the food they make with this peanut butter, I figured to give it try. This stuff is a new level of peanut butter. I've tried one of the other flavor Nuts N More produces but I like this one the most. I wish they made bigger jars of this stuff because it's great.

I never really measure peanut butter exactly, I just stick my knife or spoon in the jar are take as much as I want. But if we were to use exact measurement, within 2 tablespoons, this stuff contains 10 grams of fat which is normal for peanut butter but it's filled with 12 grams of protein. It doesn't have any protein taste either which is great. The best part about is that it contains little pieces of toffee in it which gives it the CRUNCH.

----Taste/Mixability---
Taste (9/10) Even with the toffee, it's not overly sweet at all as most peanut butters are. It tastes very natural but just enough sweetness to make you want more.

Miaxability (10/10) When I first opened it I was confused and thought it was bad because all the oil had rose to the top from the peanut butter but after reading about it, thats normal. All you need to do is stir it and it'll turn into some beautiful looking stuff. The great part about this peanut butter is that when you leave it out of the fridge and let it just sit at room temperature,It literally turns into a sauce that you could drink if you really wanted to. My personal favorite is drizzling it over french toast or pancakes when I actually have time to make it. If you let it sit in the fridge, it'll have a stiff consistency but still tastes great.

A single container of this stuff is only 34 grams and cost you about $10 dollars in most places. I wouldn't say it's amazing value but for a natural protein filled with Whey Protein Isolate, I can't complain too much.

Conclusion

If you're looking for a new snack or a different type of peanut butter, Nuts N More should definitely be something to try. They have a bunch of flavors but Toffee Crunch is one of my favorites when I'm craving something sweet that also have protein in it.

June 22, 2016

Cons:
  • Taste
  • Low Cals And Carbs
  • Lactose Free
  • 0 Carbs And Fat
  • Mixes Good
  • Great Product
  • Gluten Free
  • Little Pricey

Before I switched up and went to Myprotein, Dymatized ISO-100 was my go to protein. The fact that it's lactose free does wonders for me and for you gluten-free people, it's that too! After working out, my mouth would salivate just shaking this protein up in my bottle because I knew how great it would taste.

With one 30 gram scoop of ISO-100 you're hit with 25 grams of protein. Other than that it only has 100 calories in it and less than 1 carb... so you don't have to worry about feeling bad drinking it. Even better, there is ZERO fat and ZERO sugar in it which after tasting it, you would think was a lie because of how good it taste.

As I tried a couple different flavors of ISO-100, Cinnamon Bun is my top favor.

Taste (10/10): I'll assume most of you have eaten Cinnamon Toast Crunch and this stuff tastes like the milk you get to drink out of the bowl afterwards. (if you haven't, you're really missing out) Regardless of mixing it with water or in some type of milk, the flavor is still there. I would definitely recommend drinking it cold but regardless, it's delicious.

Mixability (10/10): With how weightless this powder is because of how it's hydrolyzed, it's hard not to get some of it on your counter. Regardless of that, once you drop a scoop into whatever you feel like drinking with it, it dissolves within a couple shakes. There was NEVER clumps and the foam wasn't bad. It that did happen, it dissolved quickly.

Dosing (10/10): One 30 gram scoop gives you 25 grams of protein but if you're feeling like you want more definitely go for 2 scoops. Your shake will certainly taste and look like a milkshake. Even if you're craving something sweet late at night, it's a great choice.

While using Iso-100, the 25 grams of protein helped me get the extra protein I need. I definitely remember being less sore while being on this. Along with that, I can say it's useful if you want to cut because of it's low calories and low carbs.

The cheapest I've seen ISO-100 was for about $30 for about 1.5lbs and around $50 for 3lbs. If you have the money, definitely spend the money on it, you won't be disappointed... especially if you buy Cinnamon Bun.

Side Effects

There was no side affects while drinking this protein which is another reason it's so great.

Conclusion

Overall, this was probably one of my favorite proteins I've had. Just writing this review makes me want to buy it again since i haven't had it in a while. See you soon ISO-100, you have been missed!

June 20, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Recovery
  • Good Digestion
  • Delicious
  • Low Fat
  • Low Carb
  • Poor Quality Pouches

This is my second review, as I mentioned in my profile I diagnosed myself lactose intolerant. Luckily for me, Isolate protein has a very low percentage of lactose, most less than 1% so it's been a great protein for me while still staying in the "whey" category.

For one scoop at 25 grams, it's filled with 100 calories, 0 grams of fat, less than 1 gram of carbs & sugar, and 23 grams of protein. From this we can just see how "isolate" the protein is considering there's practically nothing in it except for the protein we need to build muscle.

...

Toffee
- Taste (8/10) Out of the two MyProtein flavors I have tried, this one is probably the one I'd buy again. It's not overly sweet but I can definitely get that toffee flavor but they could work on it a little. I mixed it with almond milk one day and it was like a friggin milkshake.

- Mixability (10/10) regardless of what I added a scoop to, it was never
clumpy. I sometimes didn't even bother with a shaker ball (mainly because I would forget it in the dishwasher) but I never had a problem without it.

- Dosing (10/10) I've read that some people don't have a scoop in their bags but from what I've experienced with the two 2 pound bags I've purchased their has been scoops in both. One scoop equals out to 25 grams which to me is plenty for a post workout shake especially if you're eating along with it.

Orange & Passion Fruit
- Taste (5/10) for some reason I had the idea that would would be good and different compared to just getting chocolate, vanilla, cookies N cream, etc... well it's definitely different but it's not very good. It has a strange bitterness to it and a bad after taste.

- Mixability (10/10) It mixes very well and it almost reminds me on that old TANG orange powder drink that we drank as children.

- Dosing I would just say it's the same as the Toffee, my only compliant is the flavor... not one I enjoyed drinking.

After taking this protein and being off of it, I can definitely notice a difference in soreness. It helps with recovery and I feel much better when I am taking rather than when I'm off it. Other than that, I also noticed a build in strength and muscle with this protein.

MyProtein usually has great deals and discounts on their own website so I usually get it through there. The lowest I've gotten a 2 pound bag was for around $17 and that was from the MyProtein website.

Side Effects

For me there no crazy noticeable side effects, if anything I feel full after taking it but that usually happens regardless of what protein I take. No bloating, stomach acnes, or anything of that nature which makes this product 10x better to me.

Conclusion

With the number of flavors MyProtein has to choose from, I would definitely try this protein again. I have yet to beat the price for a Whey Isolate at it's quality and it's great for post workout. My one recommendation would probably be the bags they come in... Once you open them, goodluck finding a way to zip it closed. I ended up just pouring my entire 2lb bag into a clear container I bought at Target after dealing with this problem the first time and it's worked just fine (I even have a scooper in there too). This also helps me notice when I need to buy more since I can see how much is left without having to even open the container or bag.

June 19, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Insane Focus
1. How did you find out about SR?
One of my friends uses SR religiously for reviews and reviewing supplements himself and recommended me to try it out for myself.

2. What prompted you to write this review?
No one asked me to sign up to review this product or any other. I am doing this on my own volition as I want to let others know how I feel about the products I have tried.

3. What are your fitness goals?
1. How did you find out about SR?

2. What prompted you to write this review?

3. What are your fitness goals?
As I stand at 6'5 and about 215 pounds, with a some would say "lanky build", my goal is to bulk and then eventually tone everything up by cutting. Currently I am in the cutting stage, cutting my calories and doing a lot more drop sets and super-sets to really feel the burn. I have been working out for a good year and finished a 3 month bulk about a month ago gaining about 10 pounds. I have made progress over the year but I want to be even bigger, better, and more knowledgeable in the fitness world than I am right now.

4. What other products are you planning to review?
As this is not the first or last supplement I have taken, I plan to continue to review the numerous pre-workouts I have taken as well as proteins and BCAAs.

Name is John. I workout regularly while playing sports for my cardio like basketball and volleyball. As I have tried many different supplements from different retailers, I figured why not review them and let you guys know what I think of them.

What makes Shatter different then most PWOs is that it uses all natural ingredients to make up their formula. If you didnt notice yet, there are 7 key ingredients in Shatter-SX7 which are divided into two "complex" categories. One that helps with muscle building and pump and the other for energy and focus. The 1,200 milligrams of Beta-Alanine and the 200 milligrams of Adenosine-5-Triphosphate Disodium also known as ATP, both fall under the muscle building complex. As for the energy and focus complex, the 160 mg of Caffeine will really wake you up. As for the other 4 ingredients, this is where it gets interesting. 100 milligrams of nutmeg or as they call it "Myristica fragrans" which helps with focus. Along with that, it contains 36 milligrams of brown algae extract, 20 milligrams of holy basil extract, and 20 milligrams of grains of paradise extract... all of which help with energy.

Taste (9/10) Depending on what flavor the get the taste varies but the Blue Raspberry Explosion and Icy Pink Lemonade are my favorite. They're the right amount of sweetness and probably two of the better tasting pre-workouts I've tried.

Mixability (10/10) Once I dropped a scoop into my shaker and shook that bad boy, the powder disappeared in no more than 10 seconds. There are no clumps or grittiness (like some other prewokouts I have tried) considering there's no creatine in this product.

Dosing (7/10) I only gave it a 8 mainly for my high tolerance to caffeine. I started with a one scoop but progressed to 2 scoops, mainly for the reason of not feeling much from 1 scoop after a while.

I would have to say this is one of the more effective pre workouts I have taken.

Focus (9/10): As soon as this products hits (we all know that feeling) the focus you get is crazy. If you have your music playing and working out alone especially, you won't even notice what's going on around you. People have tried talking to me while I was on this product and I've accidentally completely ignored them.

Energy (8/10): With the high dose of caffeine, the energy you get from Shatter is a different animal. After a long day at work, taking this makes me forget about how tired I was. The one downfall is if you take this after 8 pm, goodluck sleeping that night. This stuff will keep you up.

Endurance (9/10): The endurance you get from Shatter is great. I could go through a 2 hour work out and feel like I could easily do another hour of lifting. Just to experiment I've ran while on this and had my best time for 2 miles and wasn't even that tired afterwards which amazed me as I don't run often.

Shatter Sx-7 is kind of on the expensive side but if you have the money, it's definitely a pre workout to try. The cheapest I found was $34.99.

Side Effects

The usual beta-alanine tingles, crazy focus, energy and breaking personal records everyday!!!

Conclusion

I would place Shatter sx-7 on my top 10 for preworkouts especially with it's all natural ingredients. Muscletech also released a newer version of this product called Shatter SX-7 Black Onyx which I have yet to try but if it's any more powerful than this, I can only imagine how much I'll be lifting!