Spartan89567

• Reputation is somewhat low. (+30)
  • Member was only active for 3 weeks, and was last online 1 year ago
  • Member has only posted 3 reviews
  • Low community participation

Reviews by Spartan89567

November 24, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • IGF-1
  • Recover Well
  • Tastes Good
  • Hormone Free
  • Soy Free
  • Mixes Well
  • Pricey
  • Slight Gas

I love this stuff and I don't think that it gets enough credit. I think what is running many people off is the fact that it has the controversial ingredient Deer Antler and is somewhat pricey for 30 servings. But after using 2 whole bags, setting a PR in all of my lifts, and not really having a sore day, I can't help but recommend it.

I will say, this product was not on the site which kind of surprised me a bit considering how popular this brand has become seemingly overnight. However, with that being said, I actually jumped on the "Bucked Up Bandwagon" and I have to say that it is awesome. My overall impression of this product is that I will never choose another protein powder as long as this product does not go through many changes. This is a simple protein powder that has 1 significant extra and it may make all the difference.

I like the simplicity of this ingredient profile. I know with some companies, the profile seems to be a mile long with a bunch of ingredients that you can't pronounce to save a life. However, this is just simply Whey Isolate (20 grams), Whey Concentrate (5 grams) (Both are sourced from grass-fed cows.), some digestive enzymes, some Stevia for sweetness, Himalayan Rock Salt, and Deer Antler Velvet Extract (100 milligrams). Now I have learned to like deer antler velvet because it contains something called IGF-1 (Insulin-like Growth factor 1). This product (the Deer Antler Velvet Extract) is somewhat controversial because some say that it works, some say that it doesn't. After doing my own bit of research, and personal experience, I think that it really does make a difference in building muscle. I think that it helps build muscle and it also helps with recovery. Now the same article also says that most of it may not get into your system because your body will digest it in your stomach before it gets utilized. I have no way of testing this but based on my recovery, and the use of digestive enzymes, I think it is properly utilized.

Taste: 7/10
Mixability: 9.5/10
Dosing: Good

Taste is good. It tastes like a dark chocolate shake, but it is actually somewhat thicker than a typical protein powder. In milk, there are a few clumps, you just have to shake it a bit more. But the taste changes to more of a milk chocolate, but still has that dark chocolate aftertaste. Mixability is good in water, no clumps, and no sticky residue. In milk, as I said, you just have to shake it longer and the taste changes into a milk chocolate. Dosing is good. 25 grams of Protein and there is label transparency which I absolutely love to see in any company. Protein plus digestive enzymes and Deer Antler is a recipe that will suit all your needs.

My only way to test the effectiveness of these products is to see how well I recover and how well it works with my stomach. This product gave me some mild gas for the first week. I assume this is because of the Stevia because it is my first time that I used a powder sweetened with Stevia. After the first week, there were no issues what so ever. Even while using this stuff I decided to max out my lifts. Nothing else changed other than the powder that I used. I was expecting my lifts to go up maybe 5 or 10 pounds, but no. My deadlift went up 20 pounds, my squat went up 25 pounds, and my bench went up 20 pounds as well, and never a sore day. This stuff is very effective.

This stuff is on the expensive end of the spectrum. Essentially, it is 60 bucks for 30 servings. Try some from a friend if you can, but if you cant, then find someone on Instagram who is an ambassador and get a coupon code from them. I say that this stuff is really worth it and I mean it, but it is just a really expensive product. Will I keep buying it, yes because I think it is worth it. But it may be rough on some people's wallets.

Side Effects

Maybe gas at first, but none afterward.

Conclusion

I think this stuff is worth a go. Give it some time (and love) and you may actually like it and see the value in Deer Antler Velvet. I stumbled upon this product because I just wanted to see if the Deer Antler was really worth the 2 dollars per scoop price tag. It's a steep price to pay for gains, but if it will get me there even just slightly quicker, then I am all in. In my final thoughts, I think that it is totally worth it, give it a chance, and go into the experience with optimism. You may be pleasantly surprised.

9.5
  November 14, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Aids Recovery
  • Decent Value
  • No Bad Carbs Or Added Sugars
  • Tastes Great
  • All Omega Fats

This product is by far my favorite and best product that I have ever used for my recovery. It is not only high quality, but it has added Fats, Vitamins, and 8 different digestive enzymes to make it easy on your gut. The price may be a slight issue to some, but for what you're getting, I can't see a product that is any more worthy of deserving this price tag than this product. Also, even though this product is not very transparent, I have no reason to believe that they would be lying or trying to hide anything. The results speak for themselves.

Th...

This product is an extremely high-quality supplement that makes almost anything look beneath it. However, the price tag and lack of transparency may be a turn off for some people.

The ingredients for this product, even though it is a long list, really isn't that long if you compress it. The protein is more of a blend: it contains Whey Isolate and Whey Concentrate as well as Sodium Caseinate. They do not advertise this, but this product is sourced from American Grass Fed Cows. The Whey Concentrate is also unique because they claim it is 85% WPC (Whey Protein Concentrate), making this the purest WPC that I know of. Now some people may look at Sodium Caseinate and wonder why I call this a superior product when it contains an "inferior" form of Casein. Well upon doing some research, I noticed that Sodium Caseinate is used as an emulsifier. This means, in short, that it helps fats dissolve in water. With this product containing 13 grams of fat, all healthy Omega 3-6-9 fats (no saturated or trans fats), it is genius that they added in Sodium Caseinate to make the product able to mix and drink. On the topic of fats, I asked the company what their ratio of fats are in the product. They said that it is a 55%-30%-15% split. With 7.15 grams of Omega 3 fats, that is awesome. On top of that, it has 35% of all vitamins A-Z per scoop and 8 different digestive enzymes. It is an all in one product. All I wish is that I knew the ratio of the three different kinds of protein in the product.

The taste is wonderful. When the label says Strawberry or Chocolate Milkshake, it is a Strawberry or Chocolate Milkshake, especially when it is in milk. Also, on the lid, there is a sticker reminding you to add ice cubes to enhance the flavor. Milk + Ice + Musclean = A little slice of heaven. Mixability will vary. Even though Sodium Caseinate is added to help with the mixability, it still doesn't mix all the way all the time, specifically in milk. However, just shake it for a few seconds longer and there should be no issues. Dosing seems to be in order. I like how it is a 3 scoop system based on your goals and it actually lists all of the individual information based on the number of scoops. There is no calculation involved.

9.5/10
    As usual, I like to score effectiveness based on my recovery and how my stomach feels after I drink it. I should note that I use this as a "maintenance shake". That means I take one scoop and use it as a normal protein shake instead of a gainer. With that being said, I have used 2 and 3 scoops before. No matter what dose I use, I am always recovered and good to go for the next grueling workout I have ahead. I have noticed after extended use that my muscles are denser and my strength has increased greatly over time. My stomach also has no issues after drinking the shake even after I have taken all three scoops on one sitting. Bottom line, if you're using 1 scoop for maintenance, 2 scoops for enhanced recovery, or 3 scoops for healthy muscle gain, it will meet all of your needs.

Even though I praise this product, it is still 90 dollars for 50 servings if you're only using 1 scoop. 2 scoops that 50 servings drop to 25 servings and 3 scoops it drops to approximately 17 servings at 90 dollars. That is a lot of money for a weight gainer. Also, because I've noticed a trend in label transparency in brands, the lack of transparency and proprietary blends in Metabolic Nutrition supplements may scare off some people. The sad part is, I firmly believe that this is not a bad brand. I think they have the science and research that makes this product as amazing and as effective as it is. I just wished they would be more transparent and advertise the fat ratio, protein ratio, the fact that it is grass-fed whey, and why they have sodium caseinate. However, it is a clean, effective, and amazing gainer that I think everyone should give a chance.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I believe in this product as a normal shake and a gainer. I actually compared this to a BSN Syntha-6. It has a similar profile, but much much better. It is a high calorie, high fat, low carb gainer that works. It is also close to an all in one supplement. You may just only need fish oil and then that's about it. Is it worth the 90 dollar price tag, I firmly believe so. I buy this stuff all the time and I believe in it. Like I said in my Amplify XL review, this is a high-quality product with a high price tag to match. Try and get some samples or a 2.5-pound tub and see the results for yourself.

November 14, 2018

• Tastes Good
    • Flax Seed
    • High Quality
    • Filling
    • Pricey?

I have used this product on many occasions for a long time and all I have to say is that I love it. The taste is on point, and there are so many extras included that it almost justifies the high price tag. However, it is a very high price tag that is hard to justify for most people.

This product is a very high-end supplement. It is a protein blend that will feed your muscles in the short term as well as the long term.

As I stated earlier, this is a protein blend. It contains Whey Isolate, Concentrate, and Hydrolysate as well as Egg protein for the timed release. It also contains some digestive enzymes. However, unlike most proteins that will just stop there, there is more. It contains greens, coconut water powder (for hydration), seeds (for omega 3 fats), and some added glutamine for extra recovery. This is not your average ingredient profile and it is not your average protein. I just wish the label was more transparent, like Nutrabio or Sparta.

I have tried both the Mango and the Strawberry flavor and they are both delicious. The Mango is a nice and refreshing taste that is accurate. The Strawberry is more of a subtle flavor that I actually prefer over a strong strawberry. It is quite a welcome change. The mixability is alright. Because of the egg, it is a very thick shake that does not max all the way. There tend to be some syrupy chunks that are washed out when you clean the shaker bottle. As far as dosing goes, it seems to all be in order. I just wish that they would break down the amount of the different types of proteins and the amounts of seeds and greens. Brands like Nutrabio and Sparta do this very well. However, it all still works very well.

I judge most protein powder's effectiveness on how well I recover and how it affects my stomach. This protein was my go-to protein (until I discovered Musclean) when I had super hard workouts and I know that I would be hurting bad the next day. I have never had a bad day after I used this product for recovery. It also fills you up, and I like that in a protein shake. The use of digestive enzymes also allows for nice and easy digestion. No complaints here.

Its a loaded powder with tons of extras, but its 95 dollars at GNC for a 5-pound tub and only 48 servings. That is a lot for 48 servings. Now because it is a franchise exclusive, there may or may not be a 20% discount at all times on PMD products. I know whenever I go to my local GNC I get a 20% discount on all PMD products, so it may not be a bad idea to go ask. Even though I rate the value low, I personally think it is worth it. If you have the money, go buy a 2-pound tub and see if it is worth it for you. I know it is for me.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I think that this product is worth it, but not everybody will. It is not a budget protein and it is not a bang for your buck option. This is a high quality, high-end protein powder that has the price tag to match it. For me, it gets the results I want of increasing my strength over time, filling me up, and recovering beautifully from anything my workout throws at me. It also makes my stomach happy. This product, and brand is worth a shot.