Nutrexpert

• Was an active member for 3 years, but hasn't been online since March, 2015

Reviews by Nutrexpert

June 20, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Vascularity
  • Awesome Strength Gains
  • Non-Methylated
  • Lethargy
  • BP Spikes
  • Too Many Pills
Because Flash is back, I will do this LOOOOONG overdue review that I owe him for letting me try these legit products. I ran a log of AMS + FRL products in early 2013, and it consisted of the following: 2 bottles of Alpha Mass, 2 bottles of Alpha Bulk, 2 bottles of 5-Alpha Test, and 2 bottles of AMS Supercycle. This was my first time with 1-DHEA products, and I was very skeptical. I had tried a furazan (winabol) and superdrol stack in 2012, so I knew a bit about pro hormones going into this cycle.
Thank you, Flash, for allowing me to try this stack out. So here we go...

Ingredients: A+

Ser...
Thank you, Flash, for allowing me to try this stack out. So here we go...

Ingredients: A+

Serving Size: 3 - 20 LiquiCaps
Servings per Container: 56

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
3b-enanthoxyandrost-1-en-17-one 30 mg
Hormone Shield: Rhizoma, Coptidis, Berberine, Cobalt 487.5 mg
Hormone Carrier Matrix: Sesame Seed Oil, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Conjugated Linoleic Acid, Ethoxylated Sorbitan Monooleate 1667.5 mg

FRL uses Berberine to increase the bioavailability of the 1-DHEA. It felt like it made a difference, but I have nothing to compare it to.

Hypertrophy Effects: B

I got some good gains, though certainly not to the extent that methyls would give me. I began weighing at around 195 and ended at around 208, and leaner. As I mentioned, I stacked this with the Alpha Bulk and 5-Alpha Test (Stano), which definitely helped. Alpha Mass is the gainer in the stack, and it did its job.

Strength Gains: A++

This product shines in the strength category, no question. By the end of my cycle, I was hitting every PR in the book. Though they took longer, the strength gains are easily in the same class as 17a methyls. I like that they take longer, because it was noticeably easier on my joints, tendons and ligaments.

Side Effects: C+

Even though Alpha Mass is easy on the liver, I needed to double up on the Supercycle (has Hawthorn Berry) to control the BP headaches. It was pretty bad. I also had lethargy from day 1 that made Superdrol look like a sugar pill. I considered hibernating in a cave in Alaska until the cycle was done. Once I started with the 5-Alpha Test (week 2), lethargy was gone forever. 5-Alpha Test definitely became my favorite part of the stack, but that's for another review (coming later). I didn't experience back pumps like I did with superdrol (unsurprisingly), but I supplemented taurine and creatine with it just to make sure.
Heartburn was terrible with these pills, like Charles Barkley "turrible." However, I suspect this is because I was taking roughly 45 pills DAILY in this stack. Which leads me to the next section...

Dosage: F is for FAIL

1-DHEA is most effective at 400mg - 600mg daily. These caps are 30mg. The Alpha Bulk also requires a high dosage (4-DHEA). This means that I'm taking in up to 18 pills daily of EACH friggin' supplement. That's just dumb. That's not including the supercycle (8), 5-Alpha Test (4), etc. If you want a much more mild cycle, do the lower amount, but you won't get the results I described in terms of strength. In short, don't do this stuff if you don't like pills.

Post Cycle: A++

One nice thing about this product/stack is the PCT was super smooth and easy. I used RC Clomid along with DAA and AD-3. I continued the gains in strength throughout PCT.
Note: lower doses may not require SERM, but I don't see why you wouldn't at least at a low dose.

Pricing: C-

You have to buy a lot of bottles for this to work well. Best results come by taking this product for 8 weeks. An average of 14 pills daily just in Alpha Mass means this adds up quickly. You can get it for $25 a bottle certain places (Nutraplanet) which isn't too bad, but at a regularly high price, be prepared to trade your firstborn for a cycle. Especially when you consider taking the complementary support supplements like 5-Alpha Test and Supercycle.

Overall: B-/C+

I'd recommend it for newbies at a lower dose (6 caps daily) if interested in testing the "dark side" out. I'd even recommend it for strength athletes if they can get by the high price tag. I personally wouldn't go out and buy it with my own money, but it was a good stack nonetheless. I'm a believer in 1-DHEA/4-DHEA products, but I'm still a bigger fan of 17a methyls. If you take the 17a methyl with Aegis by Antaeus Labs, it'll still be cheaper and you won't have much worry with your liver.

One last thing: if you run this, don't run it without 5-Alpha Test and Supercycle or something with Hawthorn Berry in it.

February 8, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Almost No Crash
  • Don't Develop A Tolerance
  • Taste
  • Lowers Endurance
1. Muscle Pharm uses the most iconic bodybuilder of all time to market a product line: genius.
2. Muscle Pharm successfully creates massive cult-ish following...because it's called the "Arnold Series."
3. Muscle Pharm creates a surprisingly effective pre workout.
4. Winning

I have a habit of speculating how a pre workout will be based on the company, the ingredient profile, and if it will be available to all retailers or kept on the down low. I figured this one would be another over-hyped pre workout (like Jack3d Micro) because they (MP) used Arnold Schwarzenegger to be their poster b...
3. Muscle Pharm creates a surprisingly effective pre workout.
4. Winning

I have a habit of speculating how a pre workout will be based on the company, the ingredient profile, and if it will be available to all retailers or kept on the down low. I figured this one would be another over-hyped pre workout (like Jack3d Micro) because they (MP) used Arnold Schwarzenegger to be their poster boy.

Some initial disclaimers:
-I bought this with my own money.
-I took other pre workouts on different days throughout the bottle to compare each day.
-The only other supplements in my "stack" included Isoflex protein, a one-a-day multi, and vitamin D3 (all taken continuously throughout with little variation).
-I have taken dozens of different pre workouts.

-------------------------------------------------- Ingredients: A

Nitric Oxide Blend 2075 mg **
Energy & CNS Blend 2051 mg **
Proprietary Blends
Nitric Oxide Blend

L-Arginine Nitrate, L-Glycine, Agmatine Sulfate, Beet Root (Beta Vulgaris) Extract High In Nitrates, L-Ornithine HCL, Hawthorn Berry (Crataegus pinnatifida) Powder.
Energy & CNS Blend

Choline Bitartrate, L-Tyrosine, Caffeine Anhydrous, Vinpocetine.

I don't care that it has a proprietary blend. I would make one too if I had a company and didn't want other companies stealing my goodies. If the product works well, it works well. The only time I don't like a prop blend is when I look at it in the store. No points deducted for that alone.

Here is what some of the individual ingredients do (omitting initial "fillers")

N.O. Blend:
*L-Arginine Nitrate*: Vasodilation for increased blood flow and dem pumps.
*Agmatine Sulfate*: Vasodilation for increased blood flow and dem pumps (usually everyone responds to this well).
*Beet Root Extract*: Vasodilation for increased blood flow and dem pumps...are you catching a pattern here?
*L-Ornithine HCL*: Vasodilation for increased blood flow and dem pumps: when I took HemaNOvol by Allmax, the pumps were unreal. I am convinced this ingredient is a big reason why.
*Hawthorn Berry*: Lowers blood pressure (great for lifting).

Energy & CNS Blend:
*Choline Bitartrate*: mental focus and stimulation
*L-Tyrosine: mental focus and stimulation, mood enhancement
*Caffeine: energy, focus, strength, and endurance
*Vinpocetine*: some studies show enhanced cerebral blood-flow: used in eastern Europe for "brain fog" and even cerebrovascular disorders. It is a vasodilator and a nootropic. I don't see this in many pre workouts, and I certainly saw a heightened sense of mental focus with Iron Pump.

In summary, Iron Pump gives awesome, awesome pumps and great mental stimulation. I felt a sense of tunnel vision whenever I took it. I usually get great tunnel vision from pre workouts with 1,3 DMAA or Dendrobium. This stuff was not far from that effect.

-------------------------------------------------- For Heavy Lifting Effectiveness: A+
--------------------------------------------------

When doing my 5x5 days or otherwise any day I'm lifting heavily with lots of rest in between sets, this is absolutely my go to. I love the pump I get from taking it, and the energy lasts far longer than just the workout. The energy is superior, and I attribute the well-crafted CNS blend to its effectiveness.

The stimulant level is just perfect. I'm stim-sensitive these days, so take that into consideration.

-------------------------------------------------- For Endurance/High-Intensity Training: C+
--------------------------------------------------

This is the only thing that hurts the score. I like versatile pre workouts. My endurance is SHOT when I take this. If I do anything over 8-10 reps, I'll be out of breath for the entire rest period. I'm training to be a cop, so that includes a lot of plyometric cross-training after my lifting. My lifts will be great, but when I do anything requiring any amount of cardiovascular endurance, I suck wind more than ever. I do not recommend this for endurance training at all.

Yes, I said the energy was good. "So then why isn't it good for endurance?" I don't know! I'm pretty disappointed in that, actually. I suggest you keep another pre workout on hand that you like for high-intensity training (mine is phenadrine) and reserve this one for lifting heavy weight exclusively.

-------------------------------------------------- Building up a Tolerance: A+
--------------------------------------------------

I did not build up a noticeable tolerance with Iron Pump. Granted, I was using other pre workouts at the time, though they all were stronger stimulant-wise than Iron Pump, so I *should* have hypothetically developed a tolerance. I didn't. It was beautiful. One scoop was all I needed, too. None of that 'advertising for 30 servings but you only get 10-15' crap.

-------------------------------------------------- Taste, Texture, and Countdown to Takeoff : A
--------------------------------------------------

Countdown to takeoff? The time for it to kick in. It takes about 10 minutes. I like that, because I don't have a 30-minute period of jacking around waiting for it to hit me. It doesn't have beta alanine (again, I love it) and I still feel it when it hits me.

The taste isn't great, but that doesn't matter much to me. Put 2oz of water in there, stir it up, and shotgun it.

The texture is awesome. It mixes extremely well.

-------------------------------------------------- Side Effects: B
--------------------------------------------------

My endurance went down, but is that a side effect? I'll say yes just so I have something to put down in this section. Barring that, I have nothing to report.

-------------------------------------------------- Product Claims: A

"*Skin-tearing pumps and vascularity*
*Delivers explosive energy & intensity*
*Amplifies strength, power & lean mass*"

Pretty straight forward, with some obvious exaggeration, which is essential from a marketing standpoint. No outrageous claims, unless you read into it literally. Overall I like how they (MP) handled the marketing of this specific product.

-------------------------------------------------- Price & Overall Cliffs: A
--------------------------------------------------

I bought it at cost at my store, but you can get this for $35 out-the-door. That's $1.17 per scoop. That's above the average price, but with the inclusion of expensive ingredients like agmatine sulfate and vinpocetine, I can justify that price.

This is a great pre workout that will definitely be added to my rotation of pre workouts. That's a big deal to me personally, because I can't handle beta alanine anymore (histamine reactions) or yohimbe of any kind. This narrows it down to a small selection of pre workouts. Iron Pump: congratulations, you made the list.

Iron Pump exceeded my expectations and then some. MP did a great job on a product that lived up to the hype. The ONLY thing I don't like is the lack of endurance that I have while taking it. Aside from that, this product gets a solid A. It works well from the first scoop to the last.

April 20, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Pumps Were Unreal
  • No Bloating
  • Digests Easily
  • Versatility
  • Not The Best Taste
TOUCHDOWN ALLMAX NUTRITION!! They have done it again, and have taken the gold medal for Nutrexpert's top supplement companies. I currently use Isoflex (lactose intolerant), and have used Aminocore and Muscle Prime in the past. Aside from the failed Muscle Prime, this company always delivers. I hate seeing the Waxy Maize + Maltodextrin cheap carb powders all over, so when this stuff came into my radar, I was HYPED for its release. This is by far the highest quality carb supplement I've ever used.

-------------- INGREDIENTS: 99 -------------------

Total Carbohydrates ...

-------------- INGREDIENTS: 99 -------------------

Total Carbohydrates 25 g 8%
Sugars 0 g "

6 CARB COMPLEX
CCDâ„¢ Clustered Cyclic Dextrin (Highly-
Branched Structure) 6.5 g "
DE-5â„¢ High Molecular Weight Dextrin Polysaccharide 6.4 g "
AWM2300â„¢ Ultra-High Molecular Waxy Maize 6.0 g "
Rice Polysaccharide (Glycosidically-Bound Monamer) 3.2 g "
Fibersol-2â„¢ Digestion-Resistent Dextrin (Highly-Branched Structure) 1.6g "
Potato Polysaccharide
(Glycosidically-Bound Monamer) 0.9g "

ADVANCED CARB UTILIZATION COMPLEX
***ly Pear Extract 108 mg "
Bitter Melon 56 mg "
D-Pinitol 8 mg "
Vanadium (as Vanadyl Sulfate) 5 mg "

IONIC HYDRATION COMPLEX
Sodium 85 mg 4%
Magnesium 58 mg 14%
Pottassium 40 mg 1%
Calcium 30 mg 3%

Carbs, vanadium for the insulin support, and electrolytes. Perfect for a pre, intra, or post workout carb support. Stack this with arctic orange isoflex and you're living large. Very little if any fillers here. I'm not going to pretend I know everything about each source of carbs, but I can tell my body enjoys this stuff more than other powders I've had.

-------------- EFFECTIVENESS: 100 -----------------

Keepin' it hunnid! I experienced no bloat like I sometimes do with other carb powders, or even whole foods that contain higher amounts of carbs. If I work out early in the morning, I'll throw 1-2 scoops of it in water with my pre workout and Test Powder and be ready to go in 30 minutes. Very quickly digesting.

The pumps when stacked with Test Powder were absolutely UNREAL. If you follow my log of AD-3, Mass HGH, Test Powder, and Carbion, you'll see how much I rave about the pumps when taken with TP. I legitimately have new stretch marks every week from my arm workouts. I know it's from the Carbion, because Test Powder by itself = less pump, and when I don't take this before, the pumps are less as well. Bottom line here: for unreasonably ridiculous pumps, get Test Powder and Carbion.

After my workout, because it's so quickly digesting, high-quality WPI in Isoflex mixed in with it makes an excellent post workout shake.

Instead of taking in gobs of BCAAs, drinking this intra workout is a fantastic way to spare muscle glycogen on a cut or bulk. It's not super heavy (like Recon from Muscle Pharm), so it won't cause gastrointestinal distress in any way. Wow, this stuff really is versatile, huh?

-------------- MUSCLE GROWTH: 100 --------------

When I started my tub, I was about 12% body fat at 205 lbs. I'm now 210 lbs. at around 11.5% body fat. For our younger or new reviewers, this does not translate to Carbion being 5 lbs. of lean body mass in a matter of weeks. It does, however, mean it helped.
I feel MUCH stronger when I take this stuff before as opposed to a full meal, and don't get dragged down as much during the workout. My muscles are always full and hard, and did I mention the pumps are good? Yea, they're pretty cool. Definitely helps with muscle growth (carbs in general do).

-------------- TASTE: 78 -------------------------

"Then why'd you give it all 10's bro?!"
Because it works so well that it makes up for the taste...bro. In an industry that craves instant gratification, and sometimes the only time we can satisfy a sweet tooth craving is from our delicious tasting supplements - I know y'all know what I'm talking about here - the taste doesn't measure up to some others. With that said, not a whole lot of carb powders that I've tried necessarily taste any better. But still, I mean, it's a lot easier to get Xtend down than this. Taste doesn't really matter to me, so it doesn't take away from the high score, but for those of you who really need it to taste good, it won't.

It's worth mentioning the mixability: smooth and easy. No chunks at all.

-------------- VALUE: 100 -----------------------

Products that work well and are priced relatively inexpensively, are worth the money. I've only seen it on a couple websites (bestpricenutrition.com namely), and it goes for about $30 + s&h for 40 scoops. With shipping that's ~$1.00 per scoop. Average, not bad at all. But again, this stuff WORKS. If you're on a cut, this is great. If you're on a bulk, this is great. If you're on a lean bulk, this is PERFECT.

-------------- COMPANY CLAIMS: 100 --------------

Allmax is very reputable. These are the reasons they give to supplement Carbion:

"Reason #1
Carbohydrates are the most effective and readily available workout fuel you can take.
Reason #2
Properly supplemented, they provide a highly stable and reliable energy source for optimal performance – shifting to fat metabolism and protein breakdown via gluconeogenesis is dramatically less effective and reduced performance is the result.
Reason #3
Supplementing with carbs is one of the best ways to prevent cortisol levels from rising and subsequently, catabolic muscle tissue breakdown from taking place.
Reason #4
Recovery from intense training and replenishment of glycogen stores"

Nothing over the top or far fetched like dat dere cell tech bottle. All true, and very solid points. Clearly you can get carbs from bananas (as always, eat 30 a day) or other lean sources; but this source is more convenient and easily digestible. Also more versatile. Let's be honest, you're not gonna eat something in the gym during your workout...

OVERVIEW
Possibly my favorite supplement to date. Test powder is close, but both of them together is a LETHAL stack. Get this stuff if you're in the market for a carb supplement. Whether you're an athlete in college and don't want Gatorade, or a bodybuilder or powerlifter, I high recommend Carbion for any training goals.

March 9, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clean Energy
  • No Jitters
  • No Crash
  • Sickening Focus
  • Sickening Value
  • L-arginine
Mesomorph, Speed x3, Jack3d OG, Jack3d Micro, Razor 8, 1mr (new), Noxipro, white flood, hyper-fx, NO xplode, hypershock, and possibly a couple others are the previous PWOs I've tried. Speed Stack Pumped N.O. by ABB? My absolute favorite. It'll be hard to match this stuff. It's a fairly newly released product by ABB, so not a lot of hearsay has been going around. I'm thinking you should go get you a tub of the fruit punch when you need a new PWO.

---------------INGREDIENTS: 93/100 ---------------

Yea it's a proprietary blend, get over it. I'm not giving it a lower score because of that...

---------------INGREDIENTS: 93/100 ---------------

Total Carbohydrate 2g <1%*
Vitamin C (As Ascorbic Acid) 500mg 833%
Calcium (As Calcium Glycerophosphate) 30mg 3%
Proprietary Power Matrix© 4.25g **
Betaine Anhydrous, Creapure® Creatine Monohydrate, Glucuronolactone, CarnoSyn® Beta-Alanine
Proprietary Pump N.O. Blend© 2.5g **
L-Arginine, Micronized L-Citrulline, Micronized Taurine
Proprietary Energizing & Alertness Blend© 550mg **
Choline Bitartrate (300mg), Caffeine (250mg)

-Vitamin C seems like a common addition to PWOs, and for good reason! It can help reduce onset of cortisol from exercise and increase recovery time.
-Betaine Anhydrous increases physical performance, energy, and recovery. Also facilitates fast twitch muscle fiber improvement.
-Creatine increases strength, endurance, and muscle building
-Glucuronolactone was used as a morale booster in Vietnam, and is featured in a few energy drinks (namely Red Bull). Potentially anti-carcinogenic, and improves health and function of blood vessels. Also boosts alertness/energy; works synergistically caffeine. You don't see too many supplements using this in their blend.
-Beta-alanine is the fire in our pants. And hands. And face. And every extremity on the body. Kidding aside, it improves endurance and recovery.

-L-Arginine is a filler, plain and simple. They should've put nitrates in there instead. This hurt their score.
-Citrulline gives pumps, improves endurance, and enhances recovery
-Taurine is an abundant amino acid that is used during exercise, which means supplementing it prior to workouts is beneficial
-Choline Bitartrate gives you excellent mental focus all day. I LOOOVE this addition!
-Caffeine at 250mg per scoop will hit you hard if you're stim sensitive. It's the perfect amount for most.

---------------ENERGY: 98/10 ------------------

Very clean, very smooth, very concentrated. It lasts for hours and hours. Caffeine is something I need in a PWO. I was a heavy DMAA user (mesomorph), but have since turned away because of the erratic crashing, anxiety, paranoia, and, yes, impotence. Clean energy is the way to go, and so far only Jack3d Micro and Pumped N.O. seem to give me that.

---------------FOCUS: 100/100 A+ ----------------

Choline bitartrate, caffeine, and Glucuronolactone blended are absolutely magnificent for focusing. I mentioned it lasts for hours; it truly does. I find myself typing more quickly, writing more clearly, thinking more efficiently, and just being fluid and clear-headed throughout the day when I take this stuff. By far the standout feature of this product. If focus is important to you like it is to me, get you someeeee!

---------------PUMPS: 98/100---------------------

The more energy I have, the more focus I have, the better I feel, the better my work out is. I'm not a fan of pre workouts FORCING a pump out of you. You get a pump from what you put into the workout. I get a fantastic work out in this stuff, every time. The pumps aren't necessarily better than other PWOs I've tried, but Pumped N.O. makes me feel fantastic, so the pumps from me WORKING HARD are fantastic.

---------------TASTE/MIXING: 70/100--------------

...Go with fruit punch, that's all I'm sayin. Blue Raz sucks, but not to the point where you wanna throw up. You just pucker your lips because it's so sweet and pungent. Try taking the sugar out of blue kool aid then putting in splenda and a blue raz warhead and that's what you get here.

------------PRODUCT CLAIMS: 100/100 -------------

"Promotes Energy & Alertness*
Diet Friendly
Pump Promotion*
550 MG Energy Blend
2.5 G Pumped N.O. Blend
Zero Sugar
Just 10 Calories"

All very true. Nothing far-fetched or unbelievable. Straight to the point, and WORKS. Modest claims are the best, let the results do the talking! Great job here ABB.

------------PRICE/VALUE: 96/100 ----------------

The competition for PWOs has skyrocketed as of late, so the price of new products is getting lower and lower. It's unheard of to spend much over $40 for a solid PWO. This one is an average $30 for 45 scoops, so 45 TRUE servings. None of that 2 or 3 scoop crap like Jack3d Micro. With shipping, that's around $0.78 per serving. Somewhat average deal, but it works so well that the value goes way up. I don't get the whole "I'm gonna give this product a 6 in effectiveness but a 10 in value because it's cheap" concept. If a PWO works, it's got a good value!

Great product from ABB. Go give it a shot, you won't be disappointed.

January 19, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Zero Carb
  • Easy-to-drink
  • No Bloated Feeling
  • No Lactose
  • Can Be Expensive
  • Taste Leaves Something To Be Desired
  • Taste Is Terrible
  • Not Cheap
  • Low-quality Protein
Long overdue review on my staple protein. No drawn-out intro here, I'll just hop right in like a redneck in a mud wrestling contest. I'll go in order of importance here.

---------------Ingredient Profile: 7.2------------------

If you really want to know the full ingredient list, Nutraplanet lists it out for you. But here's the gist of it: it's not high quality protein, but it is decent protein with no lactose. Petey stated on Flash's review,

---------------Ingredient Profile: 7.2------------------

"Ion exchanged whey is a cheap method of processing and denatures the protein to some degree and the price of this product doesn't reflect this."
I'm not gonna act like I knew this already, I had no idea.

It gives you 50g protein with no carbs and no fat per 2 scoops.
It's been fortified with a decent vitamin/mineral profile, but nothing out of the ordinary.
The best part - for those of us who run to the bathroom at the thought of lactose - is that there's no bloating or irate bowel whey syndrome. Yes, I did just make that up.

-------------Effectiveness: 6.9---------------------

As Petey informed us, the ion-exchanged way is as effective as one cop at an Insane Clown Posse festival. But seriously. It is protein nonetheless, but it's been watered down a bit, so to speak.

It's hard to gauge protein's effectiveness based on feel, so I'll base it on the quality of the ingredients. No bro science here, bros.

Regardless, it still gets the job done for me in the lactose-free protein intake category.

----------Taste/Mixability: 3.8 / 8.5-----------------

I've had some fantastic-tasting proteins before. This is not one of them. I've had both vanilla and chocolate. You gotta mix in a homemade gainer shake type drink or with lactose free milk. The mixability is not bad, as is usually the case with whey isolate powders. If taste matters at all and you're not lactose-intolerant, be de-sueded from taking this stuff.

------------Cost/Value: 5.8------------------------

Plain and simple, it's expensive, this stuff doesn't taste good, and it doesn't have high quality isolate like Allmax's Isoflex and others. It's usually around $50-$60 for 3 lbs. which is pretty expensive. I get it for $40 (wholesale), but to honest that's STILL expensive! I'm looking at it from the readers' perspectives and seeing a much lighter wallet than there needs to be. Unfortunately, us lactose-intolerants have little choice.

-----------Product/Company Claims: 10.0------------

They don't give any BS claims on the bottle. They state what it is: no-carb, lactose free, basic whey isolate protein. It's not touted as the next best protein that will gain you 100 lbs. of muscle in 3 weeks. No elaborate, unreasonable claims here. Props to Nature's Best for that, because I'm harsh on companies in the claims category.

----------------Overall: 6.7-----------------------

That rounds up to a 7.0 on my scale but it's not really a 7.0.
I digress; if you're lactose intolerant and can't find a cheaper, higher quality and cost-efficient protein that will take care of your gut, go with this stuff. If you're lucky enough not to fit that category, look elsewhere my friends.

November 28, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Intense Energy
  • Flash Is A Guy
  • Slow Tolerance Build-up
  • Clean Energy
  • Tunnel Vision
  • Little To No Crash
  • Superior Taste & Mixability
  • Excellent Value
  • Very Potent
  • Thermogenic
  • Prop Blend
  • May Be Too Strong For Some
Well frick, since everyone loves it, I just HAD to try it. I'm the opposite of a hipster, I follow supplement trends a lot. My dude CrazyBaboon sold me 2 tubs that only had a couple scoops missing (1 watermelon, 1 rasp lemonade) for a DOOOOOPE price so I was ecstatic. This is probably the 15th pre workout I've tried, and a solid top 5 that I will use again consistently. Lezzgo.

Taste: 10/10.

Wow. Rock candy powder mixed meets crack. I LOVED the watermelon and really liked the rasp lemonade. Either one is a solid choice.

------------...

Taste: 10/10.

Ingredients: 8.4/10.

I'm not getting into what each little ingredient does, you can read that in any of the numerous reviews written prior to mine. I'll touch on it briefly and add some comments.

Beta Alanine, D-Aspartic Acid, Agmatine Sulfate, Caffeine, Synephrine HCl, N-Methyl-L-Tyramine HCl, R-Beta-Methylphenylethylamine, Pikatropinâ„¢ (N-Nicotinoyl-R-Aminobutyric Acid), Rauwolfia Vomitoria Extract (std. min. 90% alpha yohimbine)(root bark), Yohimbe Extract (std. min. 98% yohimbine HCl)(bark) |2,192 mg|

Okay, alright, okay...first off, I like my beta to be TWICE as much as the total blend. I LOVE the tingle. I don't want to have to supplement additional free form beta alanine either.

Idk if Lecheek was just trying to hype the product up by including D-Aspartic Acid just to say they have it in there, but the "testosterone fueled" claim they put on the tub is far fetched because you need the clinical 3g+ dosage in order to be effective. Unnecessary inclusion here.

Agmatine for pumps, always a solid choice. Props for not putting the ineffective L-Arginine in there.

Synephrine, yohimbine, caffeine, and PIKATROPIN are the main stimulants here. I LOVED pikatropin, I've never had it before and it absolutely floored me. This brought the ingredients way up. I like the thermogenic-like profile for added fat burning.

Last thing, I need creatine. I supplement monohydrate on the daily free form but it needs to be in most PWOs in my opinion. Endurance, strength, and overall work out quality reflects creatine supplementation. Overall the ingredient profile was above average.

--------------------------------------------

Effectiveness: 8.7/10. Let me include a disclaimer here: pumps and focus are directly varied based on my sleep quality/duration, carb intake, and intensity of the workout. I had great focus and pumps while taking this, but I don't necessarily attribute those variable to the product itself.

I almost wrote this stuff off the first 5-6 times I took it. I took 1 - 1.5 scoops and felt suuuuper nauseas and lightheaded EVERY workout. Gave me the runs too, like Usain Bolt style. But I kept trying it.
I backed down to half a scoop and mixed it with creatine monohydrate (6g). This gave me a much smoother workout with no nausea. I had awesome CLEAN energy throughout, and very very little crash. If it had DMAA, it would've been even more solid in terms of energy. I really really like this stuff and the workouts I have on this stuff. I love that half a scoop works as well as it does and provides a great value.

I definitely recommend it both to stim junkies (full scoop) or Jack3d Micro lovers for clean energy (half scoop).

Claims: 3.3/10.

I'm adding a new category that reflects the company directly. They were 1/3 on their claims so that's a 3.3/10.

1. "Buffers Lactic Acid"
Beta Alanine is known to increase endurance, though lactic acid is not the cause of acidosis. More recent reliable research shows that the accumulation of H+ (hydrogen ions) causes that acidosis. Lactic acid delays the onset of acidosis. Lesson over. Regardless, even if the claim was "Decreases Acidosis", there is not near enough beta alanine to really make any difference. Need more cowbe-I mean beta alanine!!

2. "Fuels Test Production"
You need the clinical dose of 3g+ of D-Aspartic Acid to make any difference on natural testosterone. Their whole blend wasn't even that. Sorry Lecheek, doesn't touch my man juice.

3. "Bolsters Energy and Focus"
Heck yea it does...a LOT. Especially energy. Focus too, to whatever extent you want it to (it's subjective and YOU control your own focus). Definitely a truthful claim to put on your label.

Value: 9.5/10.

$25 shipping from Nutraplanet or Lockout. There are always deals on Lecheek stuff, so be sure to look out for it. They're a fantastic, high quality, affordable company. You don't get much better than that for 40 scoops! Shoot, I take a half scoop so that's about $0.30 a serving! Definitely a great deal.

--------------------------------------------

Overall: 9/10.

Lecheek is one of my top 5 favorite companies in terms of quality, service, integrity, price, everything about them really. This was another solid product from them and I commend them. I am a harsh pre workout grader because I've tried so many, and they have passed the test with ease. Give this stuff a try if you haven't. This should be your next pre workout, and it doesn't empty your wallet by any means.

October 30, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Ingredient Profile
  • Taste Is Beautiful
  • A Little Appetite Suppression
  • Fat Loss
  • Keeps You Anabolic
  • Great Recovery
  • Lil Pricey
  • Bad Breath
  • And I Mean Badddd Breath
  • No Kisses From My Lady
With all the BCAA products out there, how do you decide which one is the best in terms of effectiveness and value? Controlled Labs is quite the reputable company and never lacks quality in anything they make. I've always been somewhat skeptical about BCAAs, then I did some real research. After concluding there is some benefit to supplementing BCAAs after my diet and training were in check, I pulled the trigger on this stuff. There's much more to this than just your average BCAAs product. Here we gooooo...

Ingredients: 9.5/10.
Niacin (as Niacinamide) 10 mg
Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HC...

Ingredients: 9.5/10.
Niacin (as Niacinamide) 10 mg
Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCL) 10 mg
Potassium (as Citrate) 67 mg
PurplEAA Complex
L-Leucine, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine, L-Lysine, L-Arginine, L-Histidine, L-Threonine, L-Methionine, L-Phenylalanine 7,000 mg **
PurplEndurance Complex
Beta Alanine, Citrulline Malate, Betaine Anhydrous, Ginger (from root), L-Norvaline

Purple Wraath is somewhat similar to ALRI's Humapro, mixed with non-stimulant workout enhancers and BCAAs. Niacin and Vitamin B6 both help utilize carbs and fat for energy. Obviously this increases lipolysis and glycolysis. The Beta Alanine (very small dose) helps buffer lactic acid, though it honestly made a marginal difference. Same with the citrulline malate for the pumps - not something I noticed a difference in.

Now that the 'extras' are out of the way, the amino profile is excellent. Leucine we all know is naturally anabolic and very beneficial for building muscle, so naturally that's the most abundant. But here's the deal, the EAAs and BCAAs combo make this one of the most all encompassing natural anabolic products out. Very thorough profile here.

Muscle gain: 9.5/10. It's basketball season, so I'm currently running a 3-day split with a lot of cardio and less calories. I recently found out I'm lactose intolerant so I cut milk and greek yogurt out (about 50g protein between the two each day). Less protein = slower muscle gain. PW allowed me to keep most, if not ALL of my muscle mass from my 20 lb bulk over the summer.

Fat loss: 9.5/10. Alright alright alriiiiiiight, this is the best part! This is the product's shining quality for sure. Though I was probably too calorie deficient to build muscle, I still maintained muscle but LOST a good amount of fat. I know this because My abs and serratus are showing a lot more definition, and I am more vascular. The calorie deficit had a lot to do with it, but look, if something can keep my muscle for me while I'm cutting calories, it gets an A+ in my book! This is definitely a staple for any of my cutting or bulking cycles. So, forever ever, forever ever ever!

Recovery: 8.0/10. My recovery is directly dependent on my food intake and sleep. These are the absolute biggest factors tat make a difference. With that said, PW did help me push it harder in the gym and recover more quickly, though not enough to be like That's So Raven! This is not where the product shined in my experience.

Taste/Dosing: 10/10. I sipped this ish like rozay throughout the day (lemonade). I don't care much about taste, but with BCAAs usually tasting like booty, this was legit. I mixed it in my water bottle and drink it throughout the day, not just during my workout. I took 2 scoops usually which needed a lot of water, therefore keeping me hydrated. The satiety factor was definitely helpful with cravings, weirdly enough. I felt for a while after I drank it.

Cons: 6/10. The only two I can think of are price and the bad breath effect. I literally would brush my teeth 3 times a day and still have a bad taste/awful breath. They need to include 50ml of listerine in this thing...terrible. After I was done with it, my girlfriend agreed to be acquainted with my face again.

Value: 7.8/10. Yes, it is expensive ($35.99 for 45 scoops on NP.com). I got it for 28 bucks shipped on a musclehq deal which was like :'D. Since I have to pay full price for it now, I am like :'/. Effectiveness considered, it's SOOO worth it. I will never be without this stuff during a cutting phase, and probably not during bulking either. The cool thing about BCAAs/aminos is that it's much less subjective. If it works for one, chances are it'll work for all. With that said, hop it this stuff.

High five controlled labs for this stuff!

October 16, 2012

• Focus
  • No Bloat
  • Little To No Crash
  • Weaker Than Other Leading Pre Workout Products
  • Increased Anger/aggression
  • Ragin Cajun!
I've been less than motivated to write this review because of how "meh" I felt about it. Definitely a lackluster product, but not enough to be undeserving of a review. I like Controlled Labs as a company, but I wouldn't market White Flood as their premier product to represent them. A lot of people have tried and reviewed it, but we all have different experiences with each product and I think mine was a unique one. Here goes...

Taste/mixability: 5/10. Let's get this out of the way; I DO NOT care about taste at all. It's a pre workout. Mix it with 4oz of water and slug it back in 2 gulps. Don't sip it like a red wine and you'll be fine. The mixability is pretty awful, there are almost always chunks no matter what. I had the fruit punch, which wasn't bad, but mixing it took a while. Like I said, I don't care about this category I just drink it, but some of you do care which is fine.

Ingredients: 6.8/10. Not quite a 7, but better than a 6. I like having creatine in my pre workout for more endurance, but I didn't miss it to the point of crying with a box of chocolates. Also no DMAA, so not jittery, panicky energy. I'm not going to get into this category in elaborate detail because I have neither the time nor knowledge of what each little ingredient does. There are a lot of fillers I feel like, and of course it's a prop blend. Not overwhelmingly impressive, but not the worst I've ever seen. I am glad they included the beta alanine (though verrrrry underdosed) so i can still feel a little tingle.

Energy: 7.3/10. Smooth, clean, focus-oriented energy that won't drive you up the wall or make you crash much if at all. I kinda like this about a PWO. It's similar to Jack3d Micro, but has the beta alanine. It's a decent pick me up if I'm sluggish and doesn't give me a terrible crash. I'd actually recommend this stuff before a sporting event for reasons I'll explain in a bit. The energy is not going to make your heart race or keep you up if used lated at night, so it's definitely a weaker PWO than most. Bottom line: clean energy is what this product is about. Until you get to the category after the next one...talk about Jekyll and Mr. Hyde...

Pumps: 6/10. I don't go to PWOs for pumps. I didn't see a difference between using this and just sticking to a pre workout of a bagel and jelly. Moving on...

Side Effects: 3/10 and also 7/10. Dude, what am I talking about when I say this?...I gotta be out of my mind, right? Well here's the thing. The one side effect that I noticed is either the greatest or worst feeling depending on where I am and what I'm doing. This stuff made me absolutely RAGE the frick out. I would get ticked at the smallest stuff, long after my workout even! I know for a fact that this is what caused it because when I stopped, my rage cooled down. I literally flipped out almost every time I took this. So then this would make it GREAT for a sporting event like football, soccer, shoot even bball (my sport), MMA, etc. But it'd be pretty awful to take it if you were going to a family dinner later that night or a date of some sort. A 3/10 and a 7/10 in this category depends solely on the day and what I need to accomplish. This is what makes this PWO unique for me. I just wish I raged more DURING my workout rather than afterwards. I kinda love and hate this side effect! Alright alright enough about this.

Value: 8/10. Pretty freakin cheap anywhere you look. It'd be rated higher in this category if it was more effective. I needed 2-3 scoops to real feel anything, until later after my workout of course when I went Hulk Smash >:O
Good value here.

Overall: 7/10. I honestly am conflicted with this stuff, idk whether to buy it again or never touch it again. Either way, I hope this helped y'all in your decision of whether or not to buy it during a special or whatever's going on. It's not bad, but it could make you green and rip wolverine in half (all you comic book nerds like me). Good luck guys.

October 12, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Dry Muscle Gains
  • Heightened Libido
  • Improved Sleep
  • Bonerz Off The Chain
  • Good Recovery
  • Increased Acne
  • Minor Aggression At Times
Seems to me Lecheek has been getting some increased hype the past few months, as they should be! AD-3 PCT is one of the more popular products recently on this site, so naturally I had to try it! isamurai was the one who convinced me with his review to try it out. I'll try to keep this short and sweet.

Ingredient profile: 9.5/10. Sweet, simple, and we all know what each ingredient does and how much of it is in there. No proprietary blends, and no elaborate unknown ingredients.
Here's what we got per 2 capsule dose:

*Androsta-3,5-diene-7,17-dione*: 75 mg (Same as Erase Pro) - this is...

Here's what we got per 2 capsule dose:

*Androsta-3,5-diene-7,17-dione*: 75 mg (Same as Erase Pro) - this is the anti-aromatase and natural testosterone booster. Also helps in decreasing cortisol levels for maximum muscle gains. Awllll kaiiiindza gainnzzz. It also enhances libido.

*Velvet Bean (L-Dopa 99%)*: 800 mg - this is what helps increase recovery and improves sleep quality. I definitely saw a difference in those two categories. You may also see this ingredient in the Mucuna Puriens form on some products.

*Milk Thistle*: 360 mg - we all know this stuff is beneficial regardless of what you're running. Liver cleansing and regulation, even though this stuff is not entirely hepatoxic, it's a good look from Lecheek to include it! This would make it a good all-encompassing AI during a cycle of something, though I don't necessarily condone that for anyone. Just saying you could use it for that :)

Effectiveness: 8/10. Stacked with a natty T-booster like Test Powder would have definitely enhanced my experience, though this stuff does what it says and nothing more. That's all you can ask for, right?
I saw an increased libido in the first 3 days. Felt like I was an 18 year old in a strip club. Also in the first 3 days, I felt my sleep/recovery improving drastically. I slept so well I had no need for a pre workout the next day to workout I was so refreshed. Frick yea I'll take a natural energy boost any day! My strength increased, but it increases naturally anyway no matter what. I wouldn't take this just for getting stronger. I did notice some water weight decrease and increased vascularity, but not an overwhelming amount. My diet and routine give me these things enough as it is. I mainly just loved the sleep, recovery, and libido boost when I took this. I noticed a difference from when I did and did not take this before bed. I also noticed it didn't matter if I took this on an empty or full stomach.

Side Effects: 6.5/10. Look, I've struggled with acne before, so I was kinda used to it, but this stuff made me break out pretty badly. I HATE having those break outs, so I really will give taking this by itself a second thought just for that. Nothing too serious but definitely worth noting. If you are prone to bad acne break outs, chances are you'll flare the frick up a lot. Still, I'd say the pros outweigh the cons.

Dosage: 9/10. Very very easy, 2 caps before bed. It took about 3 days for it to kick in (I have a speedy metabolism). I am very prone to heart burn induced by the capsules I take, but this stuff seemed not to disagree with my stomach. The other AI I have taken before was Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Estrogenx which gave me TERRIBLE heartburn, and was a bit more of a hassle to dose. This was a nice change.

Value: 10/10. Look, $24.99 or $17.99 for two is a fantastic deal on Nutraplanet. I got this when it was $14.99 for two so that's even better. I'd pay $29.99 for it even. This is the product's shining aspect, and there's no reason not to grab a bottle to try it out given the price. Get on that ish!

Overall, this product gets an 8/10. I loved the pros, disliked the acne break outs, but will probably run this again with some sort of DAA product to enhance the effects or even by itself. Try it out and write about your experience (which will almost indefinitely be different from mine in some small way or another). Get Lecheek on the map because they're definitely onto something. Quality companies deserve quality reputations. AD-3 PCT is a prime example of what quality looks like.

September 6, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Crash
  • No Jitters
  • Better Than No Pre Workout
  • Low Energy
  • Poor Value
  • Need Too Many Scoops
  • No Bueno!
I know I've been in a firestorm with most of you guys recently concerning some highly controversial and dangerous subjects, but I really hope we can get past all that and get back to helping people figure out what products are for them. With that said, here's my contribution.
I've used Jack3d original in high school (my first ever pre workout) so I will be comparing the micro to that and to other pre workouts I've tried.

Taste: 8/10. I don't count this category in my overall score because taste doesn't matter to me. Just chug it back and lift like an animal!! But the taste was very smooth and sweet. If this matters to you, it tastes great.

Pump: 2/10. I was SO disappointed in this part because I saw that the micro contained the recently popular agmatine sulfate in its blend. I had equal pumps to working out on an empty stomach WITHOUT a pre workout. Marc Lobliner suggested stacking this with Hemavol, so if you want sick pumps stack it up.

Energy/Focus: 4/10. It's got a little caffeine in it, to which I attribute the ever-so-slight increase in energy. Keep in mind I'm pretty highly tolerant to strong stimulants, so the energy for you may be a lot better than it was for me. I use APS Mesomorph and/or Allmax Nutrition Razor 8, which are two of the strongest on the market. Compared to the original jack3d, the energy was much less for me. Compared to the aforementioned preferred pre workouts, it was non existent. There was no crash at all because there was no energy spike.

Dosage: 7/10. I started right off the bat with 2 scoops, and worked up to 3 (which made very little difference in my workouts). The 'micro', as you can probably guess, means tiny scoops. It's literally the smallest scoop I've ever seen...but you have to take multiple of them to do anything so it ends up being like every other average pre workout. I rated this higher because it's not a ton of powder.

Ingredient profile: 4/10. I'm not gonna get into this too elaborately, but I will say I was missing the DMAA and carnosyn© (beta alanine) from the original. I saw the agmatine sulfate and thought it might give me some awesome pumps, and the caffeine would obviously boost energy. Neither expectation held up in my experience. The ingredients did not work for me personally. Again, they may work for you so don't take this review as a universal truth!

Value: 4/10. $39.99 at my store for 40 scoops, or 20 servings at 2 scoops. Most people don't want to pay 2 bucks per serving, especially when it's lacking effectiveness like the micro is. Some places have it for $30 online without shipping, so around $37 on average. Not a great value in my opinion. ESPECIALLY not for someone who wants a strong pre workout like me! For $39.99, I'd rather go with Razor 8.

Overall: 4/10. USP Labs has let me down once again (Sorry Adam, nothing personal). It's not that it's necessarily a bad company, it just does nothing for me. If it works for you, by all means, stick with what works. Let me reiterate once more that it could work very well for you, it just didn't work for me at all. Total let down considering how excited I was to try this. Read other reviews and weigh all your options. I've gotten more pumps/energy from a cup of black coffee.