McGilla

• Member has been active for 8 years, and was last online 6 months ago

Reviews by McGilla

April 23, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Unique Potent Formula
  • Mixes Poorly
  • Grogginess

This is Part 3 and the final review of the Gilla Goodbye Gala. My final review ever.

Ever.

How fitting of it to be a sleep aid, where I can lay my reviews to rest.

Again. Will not be entertaining, can't be providing "creative" anymore!

Outbreak, I love you for the full disclosure.

Ever.

How fitting of it to be a sleep aid, where I can lay my reviews to rest.

Again. Will not be entertaining, can't be providing "creative" anymore!

Outbreak, I love you for the full disclosure.

Per serving, 1G of Phenibut, KSM-66 200 mg, Nulumbo nuciferia 150 mg, Tryptophan 100 mg, Phosphatidylsrine 50 mg with a pixie dust's worth of Zinc and Magnesium, which is a bummer because the two sources of these minerals as claimed, TRAACS and citrate are high quality. Outbreak covers all of their bases here in terms of Sleep boosters, "relaxation" aids and "anti-stress" compounds. One gram of Phenibut is...plenty. KSM's and Nulumbo nuciferia's doses are "okay". The Tryptophan is also a decent dose. Just wish that Zinc and Mag was bumped a bit. A very solid mix overall though that competes with the other sleep products out there.

An amazing taste on apple. Usually companies are pumping out "green" or "sour" forms of apple, which have that Jolly Rancher flavor which is usually pretty good albeit, usually chemically. Outbreak brings to you "Apple Cinnamon" and they nail it. I was skeptical thinking it would be forced and taste like a crappy form of Apple Jacks or something, but golly, it smells and tastes like a Christmas time Yankee Candle. I just wanted to warm it up and sip it like a wintertime Apple Cider. The right combination of smooth apple and a sharp Cinnamon. Probably one of my top 5 flavored products of all time.

Mixing was eh. There were usually little balls that didn't want to break down easily and usually bottom cup clingers that I needed to stir a bit more with my fork. Whatever.

Dosed at 1 and 1.5 scoops.

This. Product. Is. VERY. Effective.

So, why did I score it an "orange smiley"? Because...It's VERY EFFECTIVE.

I have one of those wonderful fancy, "Fitbit" gadgets which helps monitor sleep and restlessness, which will help with detail here.

Getting to sleep - This product hits you quick. I'm traditionally a fan of GABA, as I love the full body tingles and obvious slow shut down of your body when you can feel your respiratory system taking longer, more pronounced breaths. Phenibut however, does (more of a) mental shut down and makes your eyes feel heavy. Within 10-15 minutes of relaxing in bed reading, I'm ready to flick off the switch. When the lights were off, it would take another 3-5 minutes to be out. This is a welcome boost as I traditionally get to sleep like crap.

Staying asleep - I suck at this. Bad. I'm usually up, tossing and turning copious amounts of times throughout the night. A "normal" amount of "times restless" for me is in the 25-30 range according to fitbit, which normal stretches where I'm "awake" for 15-20 minutes". While running this product I was "down" to a "mere" 15-20 times restless most nights and my "time awake" could not even be registered by Fitbit's science. This makes sense, because I have a little mouse bladder, so I pee almost every night in the middle of the night, but while running this product, I'd get back to sleep within minutes. Overall, my sleep would go from an average of 6.78 hours without the product to an average of 7.21 hours with the product. That's a decent boost.

Waking up/Recovery - Recovery is what this product is designed for. Each day I would wake up feeling slightly less soreness and this was key because of my new routine where I'd lift less days but harder after longer periods of rest. That's a positive benefit. A big negative though...is wanting to wake up. I know you are probably thinking, well gosh isn't the product good then?! Well...sort of. Using this product at 1 scoop, this negative isn't THAT bad, it would take about 1-2 hours to shake the grogginess. Using this product at 1.5 scoops F'd. Me. Up. Literally almost all day. To start, I'd wake up and walk to my couch with one eye open. I'd grab my computer/tablet and just sit there with one eye open. It was sort of a surreal feeling. I'd THINK to myself "open your other eye"..."OPEN YOUR OTHER EYE"...and I'd still not do it for sometimes close to a half hour. I'd then get up and take a PWO before the gym and it would cut the stim effectiveness down like whoa. I couldn't get much of a pick-me-up from stims at all for my morning session. While at the gym, my body still felt "in the clouds". It never really effected my numbers, but I didn't feel like I WANTED to be there...again...surreal. On days of 1.5 scoops, I would have this "in the clouds" feeling literally all day.

Distribution seems to be limited to direct from Outbreak and Tiger Fitness, both for $35. $35 for 30 servings of a sleep product isn't bad because sleep is key. $30 for 30 would be ideal, but it's close.

Side Effects

Explained above.

Conclusion

Overall, this product is VERY effective. That's great. However, if you are looking to start your day with a "refreshed" "pep in my step", you may drag a bit after taking Refuge. So, if you can have "lazy sundays" drink some of the apple cinnamony goodness. If you need to bust ass the next day or stare at quarterly financial statements all day, you may struggle a bit.

Gilla out.

For good.

Thanks to EVLution Nutrition for sending it out!
  April 15, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Cherry Limeade
  • Sweaty
  • Not Too Much Pump
  • Not Gonna Be A Product For Everyone

Part Two of the Epic 3 part series, Gilla's Goodbye Gala (GGG). Like my other review stated, GGG will not be entertaining. I don't want to bring anymore "fun" reviews to sully SR.com's reputation.

I ran this product in conjunction with RSP's Amino Lean and a standalone Garcinia Cambogia in an effort to lose weight training for a half marathon.

I'll state now, I particularly like PWOs that are creatine-free and low-pump, like BSN's Hyper FX and RCSS's YEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH Buddy, so my expectations were quite high going in.

Oh and the label for this product is awesome. ...

Oh and the label for this product is awesome. It's one of those things that the image changes depending on how you hold it and makes a weird/annoying/cool sound when you run your finger across it. I don't know what it's called, but I dig it.

Meh to start. A "Mind to Muscle Matrix" blend that contains, Beta Alanine, Agmatine, Choline, Tyrosine, Alpha-GPC and Huperzia. So it's a grab bag of Endurance, Pump and Focus ingredients. This whole blend is only 2016mg per scoop. The basics being properly dosed at BA (3G), Agmatine(1-1.5G), Tyrosine (750mg - 1G), Choline (1G+), so a lot of things here are underdosed.

Next is the "ENGN Shred Matrix", where things are properly explained. 500mg of CLA powder, 500mg of Carnitine, 100 mg of Forskolhii, Capscium 25mg, Yohimbe 40mg. Again, on paper most of these are underdosed. With proper doses being double on the Carnitine/CLS, Forskolhii being varied, but sometimes 500 mg. Capscium can vary, but 50mg is a common trend.

Last is the ENGN Energizers blend totaling 260 mg, of coffee(green?) and green tea.

I got my favorite flavor of anything in life, Cherry Limeade. Being a cherry limeade connoisseur, expectations were high here too. EVL does this flavor very well. I was skeptical because the powder smelled extremely chemically when the powder smoked up out of the tub and into my lungs. However, when mixed, it's a slight, not chemically at all, bordering on "natural" tasting flavor. I dig it.

Mixed fine.

Dosed at 1-1.5ish scoops. Just a big ass heaping scoop basically.

Now, as previously stated, I like this type of PWO. As also stated, the ingredients were underdosed. So, odds were stacked against EVL here. However, the product is a winner.

Energy/Endurance - This product for me is a great combination of Stim City and Natural flow. Basically, it gives me a decent jolt that doesn't get my heart completely racing but at the same time, was sustained. I never felt any bit of a letdown over the course of a 2 hour workout. There was never any crash after any workouts and I never dragged when using this product. I felt there was a great amount of "endurance" with this product, as my lifting workouts (which there were less of in my current program) were more centered on lower weights, more explosive movements and more reps since I'm working on endurance training for the half marathon. Nailed it.

Pump - I was looking for this product to NOT pump, since I was using this cardio heavy and on leg day and it worked exactly as I hoped. If you are looking for a pump to admire yourself in the mirror, you will not get it from this product. So, in a way the pump was "not good", but it was exactly what I wanted.

Focus - As previously stated, I was putting my body through more of a rigor in this program, so keeping my focus and determination on point was key. Shred does a great job of keeping my eyes on the prize for the entire workout. At no point in any of my workouts did I want to give up early. It nails it here too.

The "shred" element - This is where Shred is different from a lot of PWOs, as it's got a focus on the weight loss elements. I must say, if the Capsimax is underdosed, it's some HIGH quality stuff. Even on leg days, I would start to get sweaty on my first set of my first exercise. Each and every workout I was completely soaked. I think the CLA and Carnitine ingredients in terms of purity helped with my not wanting to be hungry element, while running the product.

In the last 12 days (since I started tracking my weight using our ridiculous biometric body composition scanner in our gym at work), I am down 5.7 lbs. So, I was probably down more since I started running Shred, but I simply wasnt weighing myself at the time and only had a "guesstimate" to what I was previously. Whatever.

Distribution seems limited, but it appears bb.com has the best deal on the product at 2 for $47. That's 60 scoops if you run it one at a time, or about $1 per if you give it a "heaping scoop" like I did. Not bad, but could be slightly better. Say...2 for $40...

Side Effects

Nope.

Conclusion

Overall, this product was met with skepticism and high expectations and EVL does exactly what I was looking for with this product. Now, like I said, if you are looking for a typical meathead lifting PWO, this is not it. If you are looking for a straight "weight loss"/"Thermogenic" it's not that either. It's a product that hit's each of those marks "well", but neither great...which was perfect for my goals. If your goals were similar to mine, this product is an excellent option.

Thanks to RSP Nutrition for sending it out!
  April 9, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Makes You Not Want To Eat
  • Affordable
  • Blends
  • Not A Lot Of Energy

Welcome to Part 1 of the 3 part final series of Gilla's Goodbye Gala at SR.com. The GGG series will not be in an entertaining writing style, as I've done for years here, apologies to my 1 or 2 fans of this style in the last six and a half years.

As stated in a previous review, I'm in the process of training for a half marathon, so I'm trying to shed some weight in the next 5 weeks (and previous couple...). I took a standalone Garcinia Cambogia product and EVL's ENGN Shred in conjunction with this product.

The bummer here is Blend city.

To ...

The bummer here is Blend city.

To start, the "Amino blend" is only 5G. Normally, 5G is the norm for BCAA products, in the BCAA department. However, Amino Lean also has "other stuff" in the amino blend, like Taurine, Beta Alanine, Glutamine and other EAAs, in addition to the BCAAs. Beta Alanine is obviously effective at 3G, Glutamine at 5G...so, to even start, this whole "blend" is underdosed.

Next is the "Fat Loss blend" at 1.5G, complete with CLA, Carnitine, Green Tea and Green Coffee. I think an effective dose of CLA is 1 to 2 G "per serving" a few times a day, so it's POSSIBLE that this is the product's first effective dose per serving. Carnitine is also at 1 or so grams for effective levels. There's probably not much Green Tea or Coffee left in the blend.

Last is the "Energy Blend" with "natural caffeine" at 125 mgs.

Also, I'm not a fan of "two scoop" servings to psychologically try and trick the consumer into thinking they are getting more product. Just make the scooper bigger, thanks.

I received Watermelon. Watermelon is traditionally "eh" for me. It's either a home run or a complete mehfest. This was a mehfest. It was sort of chalky and at the same time "strong". I think I prefer the Jolly Rancher style flavor of Watermelon. Not bad, but not good here.

Mixability...there was some settling at the bottom, but I'm a man, so I just shook it again.

Doses were done in a variety of ways, will touch on below.

I'll start by saying, unlike some reviews for BCAA products, I don't use BCAAs from the TROOPer program because "lol it's free! so I took 12 scoops a day", I use them as a normal person would if they were buying the product and as suggested on the label. I changed up my program from lifting four days a week with 1-2 days of cardio to cardio 5 days a week and an "upper body" and "lower body" day for lifting, which were followed by cardio.

One use for this product was one serving as an afternoon "pick me up" for my second workout or a lunch time drink after a morning's worth of cardio (where I used a thermo with 300+ mgs of caffeine before Shred). With that, 125 mg of caffeine should give me a decent boost...I cannot say that was necessarily the case. I understand the energy element was "natural" from green tea, but I didn't get that big of a boost when using this...like at all. I've used pill forms of Green Tea/EGCG previously that would advertise at 65mg of caffeine that I felt a bigger boost from than this product. Big Ron's Amino Tone + Energy has the same advertised source and I felt a much better jolt from RCSS's product. I'd say this gave me about 40-50 mgs of caffeine if I were to ballpark it.

Another use for this product, was on off days. How I took that, was one serving during the morning at my desk at 8 AM, one serving with lunch and one serving in the afternoon. The two times I ran the product this way, I would get nauseous in the afternoon. Now, I'm not sensitive to caffeine and this is actually a smaller dose of the energy sauce than I take on days when I work out, in addition 3 servings is a "suggested use" on the label. I felt like my stomach was upset both times going three servings. Running this product three times, I was still getting that mediocre energy boost as usual.

The product shined for me in the appetite suppression department. In conjunction with Garcinia, I didn't want to eat like...at all...throughout the day. I'd have a cup of cereal for breakfast, a cup of cereal for lunch and then my "big meal" which was probably around 1200 calories for dinner. This was enough for me. There were no food cravings throughout the day. So this was a nice benefit.

I found next to no "recovery" or "endurance" boost that BCAA products advertise. I'd say it's probably from the low dose of Aminos in the product. Shrug. I think this section needs a HUGE boost in that "blend".

Here's where the product shines... It appears a lot of RSP's lines are affordable. At BB.com, you can get this for $20 for 30 servings. In addition, B2G1, so 90 servings for $40. That's a darn good deal. The bad part is, that's just a lot of underdosed scoops.

Side Effects

Nauseous when 3 servings are taken.

Conclusion

Overall, this product didn't really work well for what I was going for. I wanted a boost and I wanted a BCAA "recovery" element. I didn't get that from this product. In recently reviewing Big Ron's offering, I found that product to be much more what I was looking for in this department. Overall, it can be found for a very affordable price if you do decide to give it a whirl and it works for you. As for Gilla, I can't give it the thumb of approval.

March 11, 2017

• Martinirific Flavor Name

Gilla is leaving his winter bod behind and training for his first half marathon. He needs to rid that coat.

It's a stim thermo extravaganza.

The stim blend contains the old dog, Caffeine. The guy who was once revolutionary, but still trying to stick around, Synephrine. And the new hot stud Quarterback, Theacrine. Between the 300 mg of caffeine, 30 mg of Synephrine and 50mg of Theacrine...they got you covered bro.

It's a stim thermo extravaganza.

It's also got it's "fat loss" goodies, Carnitine (1G), Forskolin (100mg) and Capsimax(50 mg) to keep you sweating and leave you not so hungry.

Overall it's a pretty common group of ingredients that are pretty decently dosed.

Cheerio again to Outbreak for the FULL disclosure.

I received "Tropical Ginger Twist". This is company with a "Zombie Apocalypse" theme. When I hear "Tropical Ginger Twist", I think of a drink that a 5 foot tall 90 lb broad would order in a club. "Yo these Zombies are coming, d00ds. Let's all drink some of this 'Tropical Ginger Twist' to help us out!" I'm not a fan of gimmicks, but if you are going with a theme go with something like "Survival Sauce" or something... wussy name aside, this Ginger Twist was pretty nice. It had quite a spicy kick to it, which I think was a combination of the "ginger" and the capsimax. It was like a spicy fruit punch, thankfully it was lacking in the "tropical". I did enjoy the flavor.

1 scoop. Mixed fine.

When it comes to fat burners, you want to things. You want energy and you want to sweat...

Energy - The stim city blend was pretty nice. I always took this in the morning before a workout and it kicked me into gear within about 10 minutes. It wasn't the coked out standard that "Yeeaahhh Buddy!" set that I don't know any product will be able to replicate, but it was a decent kick in the pants. The energy sustained throughout long cardio workouts. 90 minutes of cardio would go by just fine with no intra-workout drag. There was not an intense DMAA crash I've experienced lately in other products. Good stuff.

Sweat - That heavy dose of capsimax is both present and it works. Within about 15 minutes of a cardiopalooza, I was sweating nice and thickly. It was the intense sweat that had me doing my own little wet T-Shirt contest thing going on. I love that! Each workout gave me that decent moist soakage that I dig.

One area I sort of look for in thermos that I didn't get a great vibe from, was Focus. Cardio sucks. You know it, I know it. You hate it, I hate it. So I like a thermo that gets me into that euphoric state of mine which makes me not think about how much I hate it. I can say that while taking this product, I was reminded that I hate cardio every time. Each iteration of Cellucor's "Super HD" nails this aspect. I never endorse companies stealing stuff from each other, but...

Overall, I dumped a bit of my water/carb bloat which was my goal. I wasn't looking for a specific poundage loss, so it worked for what I wanted it to.

Currently only on sale direct from retailer for $35 for 30 servings. This is a fair price. Like Antidote, this is definitely a decent price for direct from retailer sales.

Side Effects

Conclusion

The thermo market is crowded and Outbreak puts another decent contender in this department. If you are feeling like sipping some "Tropical Ginger Twists" with all of your bros, it's a nice addition to your cardio aresenal.

March 4, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Could Use Higher BCAA Dosing

Gilla lifts. Gilla doesn't want to be sore after lifting. Gilla took Antidote to be less sore after lifting. This is Gilla telling you about Antidote.

Antidote is Outbreak's offering at the "more than an Amino" product. They give you what is essentially the basic industry standard of 5G of BCAA's dosed at 2:1:1. I'm sort of meh to this ratio and greatly prefer 10:1:1, but I digress. Apparently this is what the people want, since this is what all companies offer as a basic label. There's also a 1G dose of EAAs, fully broken down as well. The bread and butter that separates Antidote is the simple Carb addition of Dextrose, dosed at 6G. I'm personally more a fan of HBCD when it comes to a carb source, but I certainly was willing to give Dextrose a shot with this product. Outbreak does get points for it being FULLY disclosed, even the EAA matrix.

I was given "Tropical". Which, was sort of fruit punchy. It was a bit sweet for my taste but nothing bad at all. I just would not run out to consume it. The addition of the Dextrose did give it sort of a "chalky"/"sticky" sort of flavor that I didn't care for in addition, but again, this wasn't a real issue. I think the Grape offering probably works better when it comes with a chalky texture.

Mixed just fine.

When it comes to dosing this, I dosed it two ways. I occasionally sipped one scoop of this post workout or at my desk at work, but I mostly used 3 scoops in a 64 oz jug, with about 50 oz of liquid and a butt ton of ice intra-workout. I took more than enough water with this product to attempt to "water down" the chalkiness, but oh well.

When taking this product intra, I will say that the texture and flavoring sort of made this product less than ideal. I didn't really LIKE drinking this product intra. I felt kind of bloaty and full when sipping throughout a workout. Overall, this wasn't a killer for me, but it wasn't an experience that I necessarily wanted to endure. I find HBCD products to be far less bloaty and go down smoother, even if they are stickier...

Recovery is the name of the game with Antidote however. I did find a considerable amount of "recovery" when using this product. Drinking throughout a workout, I did notice a bit of less soreness and more muscular endurance. I do believe that I did get an occasional rep or two, but youll need to forgive me, I'm no longer a logger to give you the advanced stats to back up that claim.The product shines the next day though. Soreness was "measurably" reduced and that's the main goal with BCAAs. BCAA products are often magic beans when it comes to this, but I think Antidotes combination of Carbs and BCAAs did actually hit this aspect well. I'm getting wicked old, so this is definitely a nice perk.

Antidote is apparently only solid direct from retailer. This usually brings YUUUUUGEEE prices, but for 60 servings, $45 direct is "decent". I think enhanced distribution would help bring this down even more, spread that word, Outbreak.

Side Effects

Sorta bloaty. Meh.

Conclusion

Outbreak produces a solid contender in the BCAA market with their "loaded" Antidote. I think if they would switch carb sources to HBCD, it would be an absolute home run. As it stands now, it's a decent option to look at that's fairly priced. Gilla approves this product.

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
  February 21, 2017

• Increased Hydration
  • Property Blend
  • Thermo Effect Could Be Better

Gilla likes aminos. Gilla likes caffeine. This product is all he could ever ask for in meathead life.

Luckily, the industry is headed for a "loaded" amino formula, be it either pump or energy goodies. This entry is Big Ron's into the energized amino ring.

It contains the same 5 gram amino blend of the regular amino tone broken down into the 2:1:1 ratio, as well as the goodies like HICA and Astragin. It also contains the "Stim-Free Fat Loss Support Complex"...which I find kind of funny since this product does have stims...but yes, that "blend"(why you do dis Big Ron?! We hate blends!) is stim-free, with all kinds of "weight loss" goodies like Raspberry Keytones, Forskolii, Choline...

In comes the PLUS ENERGY element, where "natural" "stimulants", green tea/coffee are added to the product. This product claims to have 125 mg of caffeine, yet that blend is 600 mg. I wish there was some disclosure here too :(.

I was given "Unicorn Juice". Now, I don't know if this is made of ground up unicorn meat or they milk the unicorns, but come to think of it...unicorns don't have udders, so the "juice" must come from... either way, it tastes a lot like a sweeter Hawaiian Punch. Maybe all the unicorns are kept and "milked" in Hawaii, but that's definitely the vibe I got from this flavor. I'm not really a fan of Hawaiian Punch, but I didn't dislike it. It's sort of "eh" worthy. At least I wasn't completely mind#$^&ed by the coloring, like the Blue "lemonade" of YEAHHH BUDDY or the Yellow "America" of the sample Amino Tone I was also sent. It's pinkish red, like Hawaiian Punch.

The product mixed as one would hope, well.

I always dosed this one scoop at a time.

Now, in being a jazzed up Amino, this product wants to hit a few different elements.

First, I'll jump right into it's bread and butter, the energy. This product nails this aspect extremely well. I was not looking for the coked out vibe I got from YEA BUDDY, I was looking for a midday, second workout pick me up. It's basically a slow releasing energy that helps last throughout the workout as it gives you a bit of a boost, but it's sustained through sipping. It really helped me extend my workouts in the afternoon by about 15 minutes with each use in terms of the energy and focus boost. The energy element did also as noted...sustain. I did have a trouble coming down from this on a few occasions at bedtime, but that was when I still had some left in my shaker and I drank the last third or so at home. What I needed to do to combat this, was to consume more at the gym. Which does show the product does have a decent "hydration" element as well, since I had to focus myself on wanting to consume more liquid at the gym, as sipping it was actually fine if I didn't want to focus on it.

Next is the "tone" element, I will say this product was up and down. It did not make me insane sweat like I had sort of hoped. If I'm taking a "weight loss" supplement, I want to SEE it on my shirt. Feel that shirt stuck to me. It didn't really hit me there. I did feel a bit of an "appetite suppression" as I would eat less when I came home and felt satisfied with that. I think the addition of Capsium/pepper extract could have been a fun addition to the product.

As for the stamina and recovery elements with standard aminos, I did feel with the addition of the energy ingredients that I wanted to work out longer. This usually resulted in more cardio. Not necessarily extra reps, but it did extend my gym time. "Recovery" is hard to measure, but I don't think it was a miracle worker, but it there was probably a bit of a boost there as well.

Currently, this product is sold on bb.com for $23.76, for 30 scoops of an Amino product with some extra goodies, that's a pretty solid deal. I like the price point of $20 for 30 servings of Aminos, but this product has goodies, so it's fair.

Side Effects

Nope.

Conclusion

The King produces yet another winner. I did not like the prop blends as I think we all hate those, but there are a "bunch" of ingredients, so I guess it can be forgiven a tad. A "sweat element" would be a cherry on top, but for a loaded Amino, this product does indeed hit the mark quite well. Gilla approved.

Thanks to BELDT Labs for sending it out!
  January 8, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Breathe Gooder
  • Sweat For Dayz
  • Cherry Lime Amazing Explosion

Gilla ran a PWO with creatine. Creatine makes Gilla chunky. Gilla wanted to be unchunky, fast.

A serving of SKALD is a small scoop of various stims and fruit extract type stuffs. One scoop is a mere 2.2 grams of ingredients, with only 341 mg of the fat burning "blend". Of this, only the caffeine is disclosed at 110 mg. Now, when it comes to fat burners, blends seem to be the standard. Honestly, I'm less annoyed by blends in fat burners because fat burners are largely stims and in most cases, you are talking in milligrams, not grams. So, if there is 20 mg of synephrine or 25 mg of synephrine, it's not really a big deal to me, as long as the product works. The label in the powder form of this product is nearly identical to the pill form, with their being 5 mg of more ingredients in the powder than the pill.

In addition to caffeine, you have your usual suspects in the fat burning world, "Green Tea Extract", "Bitter Orange", Yohimbine, White Willow...etc. The big difference maker is the Mullein leaves, which has various respiratory benefits and are used in a variety of ways to fight illness.

CHERRY LIMEADE YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA. And man, they nail it. Even at one scoop, it's the right combination of sweet and borderline sour that hits both the cherry and the limes. Two scoops is just pure heaven. Probably my favorite flavored cherry limeade supplement on the market. For the record, I also have "Adrenal Rush" by Primeval Labs currently being a stim supp I sample on occasion and that cherry limeade flavor is not even in the same galaxy by comparison.

Mixed sort of okay I guess. Occasionally it would cling to the bottom/sides of the cup and I'd need to scrape it off in small amounts.

I dosed this 2 scoops on cardio days and 1 scoop on days right before a second workout.

I've tried this product in both pill and powder form. In the pill form on my own dime, the product was sort of awesome. I'm not a big pill fan if I can get some flavored stuff, but SKALD's effectiveness made it an easy pill to swallow.

The powder form, which is what I'm reviewing here, had a lot to live up to...and it did. When it comes to fat burning products, you have the "thermogenics", which traditionally heat you up like no tomorrow and force you to sweat. SKALD is really not a "warming" kind of product, but you STILL get that shirt soaking sweat on. Within about 20 minutes of a cardio workout or a half hour of a lifting session, I'd get rather moist. At the end of an hour of cardio, I'm soaked from my brow to my buns. It helped me shed that creatine water quite quickly if I do say so myself.

The biggest and best benefit is the respiratory factor. What this means for your cardio is that you go and go and go. I had pretty great success when running Cellucor's Super HD years ago, SKALD was pretty much up there in that same regard. Everyone hates cardio and feeling like they are gasping for air and SKALD makes it feel like your lungs are YUUUUUUUUUGE. Without my performance enhancing supplements, I struggle to run for 5-7 minutes straight, with SKALD I could just set the treadmill to a pretty swift pace and just tune out. This benefit is a godsend for us meatheads who hate being "mobile" and "cardiovascularly healthy". This product is supposed to "enhance your mood" and I'd say by making me not hate cardio, it did that.

"Appetite Control" is an added claim, I didn't feel much of a physiological reduction in my appetite when running this product. I didn't particularly care about this, as I was looking to lose my water weight and it did well enough in that regard.

SKALD powder is I think only sold on Amazon and through the BELDT labs website. Currently it's retailing for $28 on Amazon. For the quality of the product, taste and results this is a damn good deal.

Side Effects

Nothing

Conclusion

SKALD powder is an amazing "fat burner" supplement that delivers as advertised and has some extremely solid breathing benefits which aid endurance to great levels during a workout. I've tried a number of fat burners in my day and SKALD is up there with the greats. On occasion, BELDT posts some sweet codes to take even more off the cost. If you can get this stuff in the <$25 range stock up and breathe well folks.

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
      December 23, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Focus
    • Comprehensive Profile
    • Not Enough Servings

Gilla in. Gilla knows PWOs. Gilla is reviewing Nutrabio's preworkout "Pre".

When you are dealing with Nutrabio, you know you are dealing with quality. You are dealing with no nonsense. You are dealing with one of the best in the business. Pre is no different, with their fully disclosed label.

With all of that being said, I think Pre hits the spot in a number of categories quite well, with Citrulline (6G), Betaine (2.5G), Taurine (1.5G), Agmatine (1G), Tyrosine (1.2G) and Leucine (3.5G) all dosed quite well.

The surprise to me however, was...

Gilla in. Gilla knows PWOs. Gilla is reviewing Nutrabio's preworkout "Pre".

The surprise to me however, was the slight underdosing of Beta-Alanine (2.5G), Creapure...which I didn't mind... (2G), Nitrosigine (750 mg), was something I was not expecting from Nutrabio. A little more of each is usually optimal.

The "Energy and focus" complex of 300 mg of caffeine, Choline, Huperzine are a swell roundout to the label though.

I received Green Apple. This was the flavor I was hoping to get as I'm an Appley kind of guy. It was pretty decent. It had a bit of a "chemical" taste to it, as it sort of lacked a sweetness. It wasn't the least bit intolerable though.

I found the product mixed sort of weird. The product was foamy, likely from the Leucine, but at the same time usually there was some residue hanging out at the bottom, which I needed to manually stir up towards the end of the serving. Whatever, I'm a man, I'll mix stuff.

1 scoop dose, yo.

Even with the interesting choice of ingredients and doses, Pre does pretty damn well and holds up Nutrabio's reputation.

Energy: The thing here is that it was a very "clean" energy. It wasn't STIM CITYYYYYY BABYYYYY, but it was a sustained pick-me-up that lasted throughout a long workout. Also, there was no crash to be had after any servings of this product. Smooth.

Focus: A strong point. I usually like STIM CITYYYYYYYYYY products because I get the added juice to power through a workout. The quality of Nutrabio's ingredients was apparent here as I felt a strong level of focus in each workout, which helped me on longer lifting days. Never once was I dragging and looking to leave, which can happen on inconsistent occasions with other PWOs.

Pump: Honestly, I think this is where I think Pre needed a bit of a jolt. I didn't get any SKIN TEARING MEAT MOUNDZ during any heavy lifting days. I never stacked Pre with any pump products, so as a standalone PWO, I've honestly had better. Not a single workout was I really "impressed" by myself when giving myself the old eyef@#k in the mirror.

Strength: I was looking to add a bit of my winter coat with these non-wind-chill assisted -20F days in ole North Dakota and I re-added a bit of size/strength I shed during the summer while running this product. I didn't weigh myself, but in terms of strength, I was able to get comfortably back in the 300 club on the bench, for 305 4x towards the end of the tub. Other numbers were back up after my summer shed as well. My leg press went up the most, but I likely wasn't pushing myself as much previously.

Pre is quite the "kitchen sink" supplement, so you are getting big scoopz of a serving in each workout. With this, the chubby tub only yields you 20 servings for around $35. That's a bit spendy, but you are getting a lot of ingredients in every serving.

Side Effects

The creatine bloat KILLS me every time. Naturally, this doesn't happen to everyone, but I love my body when I go creatine free, but right now, I got an Alvin and the Chipmunks thing going on in my face and a bit of pudge in my tum tum. Not really a "side effect" from Pre specifically, but all creatines outside of Kre-Alk do this to me.

Conclusion

Nutrabio's reputation as one of the highest quality manufacturers is again evident in this product. I wasn't completely blown away like I have been with other Nutrabio products in the past, but Pre is certainly worthy of continuing on with the name. Would recommend as a solid PWO option.

Thanks to NooWave Supplement Co. for sending it out!
      December 1, 2016

Cons:

Gilla likes pumpz. He tried a product from a company with trendy marketing. It's trendy because it's "Noowave", not "Newwave", because they are Nootropic products, Get it?! GET IT?! Funky marketing aside, I do like the niche this company is going for with their mind altering products for all types of people, like "The Scholar" giving that Adderall like edge to the nerds out there studying up on their nuclear physics. "The Socialite" for the solo cup carrying brah looking to get his way in with the cute undergrads. Then there's the products for us meatheads, "SWELL" and "POWR", so we can get our brain on while picking up heavy objects then putting them down.

SWELL is the PUMP product in the lineup, which is caffeine free. Delightful.

The "Muscle Pump and Vascularity" section is fully disclosed as 3G of Citrulline, 2G of Hydromax, 1G of Agmatine, 500mg of GPLC and 250mg of Norvaline. Overall, on paper this is an extremely solid lineup, hitting great doses of Agmatine, Hydromax and Norvaline even with one scoop.

The "mind-muscle connection" section is also disclosed with 300mg of Alpha GPC and 20mg of Noopept. 20mg seems to be quite the "middle ground" in terms of 10mg being a "standard" dose and 30mg sort of being the recommended maximum.

Trace amounts of vitamins B and C, along with some Bioperine for absorption are president.

Oh and half a gram of coconut water, num num.

It appears this product is only available in "Enlightened Lemonade" also known as "Blackberry Lemonade". Not sure why blackberries make you feel enlightened, but whatever. This flavor seems to be becoming quite popular choice, with SIREN also coming out recently as well. The flavoring of Swell was a bit tastier than SIREN. It appeared there was more sweet berry action, it was more pronounced. I did enjoy this flavor. It was swell.

Mixability was surprisingly good given the amount of Hydromax thats apparently in each serving. Hydromax is traditionally the clumpiest mofo in the game, but this powder was pure.

1 scoop. Son.

I used this product as I do with pump products in a couple of ways, both in conjunction with a PWO and as a standalone.

When bundled with a PWO, Swell does well to give it a bit of a pumpy boost. There were a number of workouts where I got that meaty shine going on and felt fully inflated. A number of uses I had that SKIN TEARING SHRED feeling that we know and love. The focus elements when combined with the caffeine in a PWO gave me a great mental edge and never let me down during a single use. I never had a dragging ass feeling during a workout and wanted to continue lifting throughout.

As a standalone product during my second session days, Swell gave me that second-lift re-inflate that I like to get from a product after my morning gym pump glow wears off over the course of the day. I never experienced the SKIN TEARING PUMPZ the second time around, but I did get a bit pumped a bit back up. The bigger edge with this product, is the focus aspect. I didn't take a caffeine product to pick me up during the second workout, because I'm not a complete stimhead, so I usually need something to keep me going during those second sessions. This worked well here, as I was always focused on my lifting and never bored and switching to cardio earlier than I sometimes do when I lose focus.

Biggest negative. This product is apparently only available from the brand's website. This works if Noowave eventually grows their brand as THE "brain guys" in the supplement industry, but now, it just means their product retails for $43 for 30 servings plus a shipping charge. About $50 for 30 servings? Better hope Santa brings you some of that #$^& this year...

Side Effects

Nope.

Conclusion

Overall, I like what this company is doing with their vision of themselves. They've got a goal and they are putting a variety of products out there and tapping a number of markets. For us meatfreaks, Swell is a pretty nice option to get our Smart Pump on. You may need to get a second job bagging groceries to be able to afford a tub of this stuff though. But if your bank account is yuuuuugeeeeeee, it's a nice option in the Mind-y Meat-y Market.

Thanks to Nutrex for sending it out!
        November 29, 2016

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Keeps Electrolytes Balanced
      • A Little Pricey

Gilla usually has witty headlines for his reviews... Gilla was drawing a blank here.

Amino Charger does a couple things well with their label. For one, you get 6G of BCAAs compared to the usual standard 5G in most other products. It uses the tried and true 2:1:1 ratio. A simple and effective standard here. As I've previously stated, for me, for whatever reason, I prefer Leucine heavy products, but I digress.

There are also hydration goodies mixed in. 1G of Taurine, which is a standard in the "recovery" and hydration infuser aid department and .5G of Coconut water, which is popping up everywhere in hydration products for it's smoothie-esque consistency. The secret weapon however, is the Albion Mineral elecotrolytes. This is an ingredient with rather stellar track record in hydrating and keeping you all watered up during a workout.

It also contains TRAACS Magnesium, which I have also seen used in a stand-alone glutamine product, which helps a bit with recovery.

I requested and received the "peach pineapple." I'm normally sort of sketched by peach flavoring and pineapple as well, with my peace experierence in supplements being limited to "peach iced tea" in OptiDreams and Pineapple Flavored "Super Carb" by Nutrabio, which were both pretty good. Nutrex's attempt at this flavor was...lets just say strong. The peach flavoring comes through in much stronger ways than the pineapple as it is SWEET. I did enjoy it though as it gave me something I am not used to.

Mixed well.

1 Scoop.

Recently, I have found a new king of the BCAA / Intra Hydration world, Inspired Nutraceuticals "Inspired BCAA". with it Kelp/Seaweed/Oceany goodness setting the new bar for me with this type of product. Nutrex pulls in JUST behind.

The hydration elements are rather awesome. Throughout the duration of a workout, I never needed to refill my shaker with water. One quick sip between sets and I was reset and good to go. The sweetness of the flavoring and the smoothness of the consistency of the liquid gave a very nice experience each time. During long cardio sessions, I'd usually leave the gym with roughly 60-70% of my shaker full. I would take one sip after some HIIT cardio and be good for another 10-15 minutes without any water. This is some high quality stuff.

The recovery element was actually a little noticeable for me with this product as well. As previously stated, TRAACS was present in another product I have ran before and it did also slightly boost my recovery as well. This recovery was slightly apparent the next morning after a workout. It could also be a byproduct of the extra little bit of BCAAs, but it was something I did notice after nearly every workout. No intra-workout "stamina" or "recovery" was of note.

This is where the product struggles. It seems $35 for 30 servings is the standard. While this is a high quality product, over a dollar per serving for a BCAA is not something I'd call a bargain. If they could chop $10 off, I'd say it's closer to the king of it's competition.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Nutrex is sort of a middle of the road player in the industry, they aren't one of the big boys who plasters their logos on the bums of MMA fighters and they aren't one of those companies you need to worry about popping up today and folding up tomorrow. They've got a decent reputation as a decent player. Amino Charger keeps up with that reputation as it's a solid offering that isn't the absolute best in the business but it is a solid contender for what is advertised. A drop in price would kick the product up a notch, but I do recommend it from a pure quality standpoint.