Jcarreno

• Was an active member for 4 years, but hasn't been online since April, 2015

Reviews by Jcarreno

September 14, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Excellent Taste
  • 4:1:1 Ratio
    After a long time I am writing a review. I'm going to compare this to Modern BCAA since it is the best amino acid intro I have taken. This reminds me of "deadliest warriors," but i thought it is nice to have something to compare it to.

Ingredient profile (1 scoop) - 4:1:1 ratio (8 grams) - 8
    4 grams of L-leucine
    1 gram of L-Isoleucine
    1 gram of L-Valine
    As Cray noticed in his review, 1 scoop has 8 grams so 2 grams must be the other ingredients which are citric acid, natural and artifical flavors, acesulfame potassium, sucralose, and quercetin.

I looked at these ingredients and fo...

Ingredient profile (1 scoop) - 4:1:1 ratio (8 grams) - 8
    4 grams of L-leucine
    1 gram of L-Isoleucine
    1 gram of L-Valine

I looked at these ingredients and found no studies with 100% certainty they are dangerous.

Modern BCAA (1 scoop) - 8:1:1 ratio (6.1 grams)
    4.8 grams of L-Leucine
    .6 grams of L_Isoleucine
    .6 grams of L-Valine

I actually like the fact that it doesn't have glutamine since I have a hard time getting a pump so I try to avoid glutamine around my lifting time.

So although Modern BCAA has a larger ratio of L-leucine which is known to be a very important Amino to recover, the amount of it id very close if you compare them scoop to scoop.

THIS IS A TIE

Taste- 8
    I tried both the raspberry and lemonade flavors. Both taste great. They are no watermelon Xtend but I can not complain at all. I drank it intraworkout and sometimes when I was thirsty I threw a scoop in my blender bottle and just sipped it.

MBCAA was not as great. I had the blueberry flavor and it kind of tasted like lemonade and I drank it intra because I had to. I never really enjoyed it at all.

RECOVERPRO TAKES FLAVOR

mixability- 7
    The mixability was not great at all. It didn't matter which I added first, the powder or the water, if I didn't turn the bottle, the powder would just float on top and never quite mix fully. You would have some flakes in the mix the whole time.

Modern BCAA didn't mix well either. The mixability was actually very close to RecoverPro but after 10 minutes MBCAA fully dissolves.

MBCAA TAKES MIXABILITY

effectiveness- 8
    The soreness was still there but not as much as I remember when I was waiting for the tub and I had no Aminos. It helped recovery and I was going back to the gym with little soreness

MBCAA had the best recovery I had ever had with any supplement. The soreness was minimal and I always went back to lift the same muscle after a few days with no soreness.

MBCAA TAKES Recovery

Value- $60 for 125 scoops
    I bought the 125 scoop tub for $30 in the "Christmas in July" sale which gave me 50% off. So for $30 I got

500 grams of L-Leucine
    125 grams of L-Isoleucine
    125 grams of L-Valine

MBCAA - around $30 for 35 scoops

168 grams of L-Leucine
    21 grams of L-Isoleucine
    21 grams of L-Valine

Even if you double the price, you still get more Aminos with RecoverPro.

RECOVERPRO TAKES VALUE

overall:
    MBCAA gave me the best recovery I have ever gotten from any supplement, but it didn't last me very long and at only 35 servings per tub it is pretty pricey.

Talking recovery alone I would say MBCAA won this head-to-head, but overall RecoverPro is a very nice BCAA with good flavor, good recovery and it won't break your wallet since Anabolic Innovations always has sales for 20%-50% off. I have never bought anything from them without a discount and now that we have makeshift as a rep I am sure we won't have to worry about that.

June 27, 2011

• Beta Alanine
    • Casein And Whey Proteins
    • Low Cal
    • Great On A Cut
    • Taste
    • Mixability
    This is a Zero Carb Protein. So i decided to try it comparing it to Isopure zero-carb protein.

Content: 9
    This protein is a blend of egg albumen, milk Protein Isolate, whey protein hydrolysate, and calcium casein, goat milk Protein Isolate and Beta Alanine. The last 2 really caught my attention, so I decided to try it.

Each scoop contains: 90 calories, 20 grams of protein and zero carbs.

Taste:7

Content: 9

Each scoop contains: 90 calories, 20 grams of protein and zero carbs.

Taste:7
    I bought the chocolate flavor and it wasn't the best but it was ok. The best chocolate flavor I have tasted was pro-complex rich chocolate and it was not even close to it but it was drinkable.

Mixability: 7
    I must say the mixability was terrible but we must keep in mind that the blend has casein in it and we know casein does not mixes well at all. I usually drank it in my blender bottle and I had to mix it like a BCAA. I had to shake it a few times and just left it in my locker while I showered and it was fine by the time I came back.

Price: 8
    I bought this protein during gold card week at GNC. It was $33 for a 2.3 lb tub ($14 per lb), but I got 20% off dropping the price to about $27. Compared to Isopure zero-carb it was not a terrible price.

I have to say that this was a very good protein overall. You can't really feel protein working in your body, but it did the job. I am currently cutting and this protein helped me maintain my muscles while cutting fat.

Comparison:
    I decided to compare it to Isopure zero-carb since it was the reason I picked it up. These are the stats based on one scoop since it will be the fair way to compared rather than serving since Isopure's serving is 2 scoops.

Promasil/isopure zero carb

calories 90/200
    carbs 0/0
    fat 1g/0
    cholesterol 1g/ 0
    sodium 7g/ 16g
    Protein 20g/25g

Types of proteins:
    Promasil: egg albumen, milk Protein Isolate, whey protein hydrolysate, and calcium casein, goat milk Protein Isolate

Isopure:Ion-Exchange Whey Protein Isolate

Overall: 9
    I will pick up this protein any day over Isopure when looking for a protein without carbs (cutting). The price is very similar per pound, but I can get a discount on this protein when Isopure is very expensive and you can not really get discounts on it.

I also like the blend of proteins compared to just one type. I used GNC's website to compare the content of both proteins.

June 8, 2011

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improves Body Composition
    • Allows Carbs To Be Eaten And Not Stored As Fat
    • Endurance Increase
    • Lost Weight
    • A Little Pricey
    It took me a while to write a review on AP but here it is after a few months.

What is it? Anabolic Pump is a food partitioning product that claims to shuttle nutrients (complex carbs) to your muscle cells and away from fat cells helping you build muscle and avoiding fat storage.

It took me a while to write a review on AP but here it is after a few months.

Dosage: The directions state you should take 1 pill 3 times per day spreading them by 6-7 hours. Pills should be taken 20 minutes before a meal that contains complex carbs. Although some people had trouble timing the dosage 20 minds before carbs, I thought it was not bad at all. 20 mins before carbs is pretty simple compared to other supplements that require 90 mins.

Value: I bought a bottle at a mom and pop store for $45. It was pretty pricey, but I really wanted to try it. This 90 pill bottle can be found at AllStarHealth.com for less that $35. Using 3 pills per day, each serving is around $0.50. which is not a great but not too horrible either.

Food Pump: AP is supposed to give you a food pump. I never felt a pump with AP. When I took it and for some reason 30 mins passed by and I didn't have anything yet to eat, my stomach asked for it. After eating, the pump was not there, but I didn't get AP for the pump specifically so I didn't really care.

Results: This was a good addition in my stack for a cut. I was able to build muscle and shed fat at the same time. I felt as AP was doing the job since I was only taking protein at the time. After eating a meal, I had a nice full feeling (I don't know if that was the pump or not). I began taking Glycobol at 228 lbs and by the time I stopped I reached 220 lbs.

Side effects: Green/yellow poo. Didn't really care for it but my poo was a yellowish green color every time. I also felt that I pooed more that usual. Not necessarily a negative, just different.

Recommendation
    I would recommend AP on a cut since it worked for me. no bad side effects, but allow your stomach to get used to the product for the first week taking 1-2 pills per day, then increase to 3 pills per day.

Comparison to Glycobol: I will write a separate review for Glycobol, but to quickly compare them, AP is easier on your stomach from day 1 to the last pill. Both are great products, it jsut depends on taste IMO

If I see it for $30, I would probably buy Anabolic Pump again. It was a good product that really helped my cut.

May 17, 2011

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Could Feel Test Increase. For Certain.
    • Muscle Preservation
    • High Libido
    • Cheap
    • Confidence Was Through The Roof
    • Aggression In The Gym Was Amazing
    This is my first testosterone booster. I didn't know if to spend the $120 for Pink Magic, since I knew I had to run it 2 months in order to see a difference. i also was apprehensive since Yok3d did not work for me and I didn't know if test boosters would work for me. I gave this a shot because it was pretty cheap.

Stacked with:

whey/casein
    kre-alkalyn
    OEP
    Modern BCAA

Price: This brand is about $20 around the net. I bought this for $18.49 at AllStarHealth.com. I usually find the best prices here and they will begin doing a daily special. Let me get back to DAA. This tub is about 30 servings making it $0.62 per serving by itself. That is very cheap, but I stacked it with triazole ( I will get to why later) making it about $1.60 per serving which is not bad, but I am reviewing this product alone so I gave it a 10.

Taste: It tasted chalky. Not really any flavor. I began taking this with a little water right before breakfast and it didn't taste great. After a few weeks Jmetal told me a little sugar in the morning could help me Spike insulin so I figured might as well throw it in 8 oz of OJ and I couldn't taste it at all. My advice would be to mix it with something. A protein shake could hide it but my choice was OJ.

About DAA (Sorry, I couldn't think of a better name): I read a few articles about how DAA can boost the hormones in your body, including estrogen. This scared me since I didn't want to sit home and cry over "the bachelor" with my wife. The drama is enough with one of us. I decided to stack it with triazole, which is an estrogen blocker. I used triazole the last 3 weeks and I only used half of a bottle which is great since I can run another tub of DAA in the future and run the last of the bottle the same way.

Effectiveness: I decided to write about the effectiveness breaking it in different parts.

Strength: After the first week, I felt stronger. I went up on all my workouts while on DAA.

Aggression: In the gym it was amazing. It always helped me push a few extra reps. I noticed I grunted more when pushing myself and this is when I noticed the aggression was working. I even got on my boy for not showing anger when pushing the last few reps.

Libido: My wife was happy. I also felt as if a little rub would get me going.

Confidence: I am not a little guy, but I am not the biggest guy in the gym. There are dudes that are Monsters but I felt as if I was bigger than them. I felt as if everyone was looking at me. Maybe they were since I was getting so aggressive when lifting but I felt like Arnold in the gym.

Look: It helped my cut. My upper body felt larger, my muscles fuller and more dense. I also went one size down in pants. I now OEP helped but I felt as if DAA had a big part of this, especially keeping muscle.

Morning wood/jewels: (what else would I call this?)I was getting up almost everyday with a morning wood. I was poking my wife left and right when in the bathroom, or kitchen while we were getting ready to go to work. I felt as if my balls dropped for the first time. They were the size of grapefruits. Not really negative but it was noticeable. This was another clear sign that DAA was working.

Side effects:

Aggression: I know that being a special education teacher, my students (after my wife) would test my patience. I did lose it a few times, but I was able to control myself. It was controllable.

Acne: Very little acne on my back and a few pimples on my face. I don't have an acne problem at all so with a little noxzema it was fine.

Overall: DAA was amazing for me. I would buy another tub in a second but I already have 2 cans of Animal Stak waiting for me. I will definitely go back to DAA, and I recommend it.

May 14, 2011

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Intense Thermogenic
    • Fat Loss
    • Increased Focus And Concentration
    • Diminished Appetite
    • Euphoric Feeling - Felt Very Happy
    • Be Careful - Extremely Potent
    • Built A Tolerance To It Pretty Quickly
    I always love seeing reviews where one product is compared to the best on in its class. It just gives it a benchmark for expectation.

I am sorry, this was my very first fat burner so I have nothing to compare it to.

Please keep in mind that every week was very different for me because I was sick a few times so here it goes.

Stack while taking OEP:
    CLA
    FIsh oil
    Green Tea extract (caffeinated)
    Recreate
    Glycobol

Stack while taking OEP:
    CLA
    FIsh oil
    Green Tea extract (caffeinated)
    Recreate
    Glycobol

Price: I bought a 90 pill bottle for $29 at AllStarHealth.com. This is the best price I found online. You can find it at GNC for about $38. So price was not horrible overall, considering you need to cycle off to take again. To make things easier, I am going to say 3 pills is a daily serving. That makes it about $1 per daily serving.

Dosage: The bottle says to take 1 in the morning and 1, 6 hrs later and when you build tolerance you can add an extra one during the morning dosage. The bottle says you can run this 2 months but I built tolerance fast so it didn't make any sense for me to run another bottle now.

Fat loss: I began taking OEP when I was about 218 lbs, and stopped taking it yesterday and I was weighed 204 lbs. My goal was to get to 200 lbs. and I think this would have worked if I would have not gotten sick.

Energy: I took 2 in the morning and it was the first time I got to experience "clean energy." The energy was very nice, I would say like getting a good night's rest and having a cup of coffee right after. I took 2 as soon as I woke up and wow, 10 mins later I was flying through the kitchen, bathroom and closet getting ready for work. Even my wife noticed the energy I had. I took the first dosage around 7:30 am, and around 2 p.m. I was starting to yawn and get tired. I never really crashed, but the energy was gone around that time. The pill I took at 5p.m. did not give me that same energy but it did give me a pick me up to hit the gym.

Thermogenic: I heard of the heat people felt, but I didn't really get too hot. I did get hot a few times but nothing dramatic. When I wen to the gym to workout, it was a different story. I was sweating so much people were staring at me because I was soaked in sweat after 20 mins of cardio.

Appetite Suppressant:This worked for me especially for breakfast. I usually take breakfast to work and sometimes i had to force myself to eat breakfast because I was just not hungry. There are also chocolate pretzels o people's desks and I am usually a sucker for them grabbing one here or there, but OEP allowed me to ignore them. That was very nice since I was consuming an extra 150-200 calories per day on Garbage. By the time lunch came I was hungry. It worked out well for me.

Feeling: This was something not a lot of people talk about but I did feel. Somedays I would get to work and I knew I had to do a lot of work that day but I didn't really care, I was in a very good mood and was just in a mood to talk to anyone about anything. This only lasted for the first 2 weeks.

Tolerance: I built up tolerance after a few weeks, but it gets more complicated than that.

Week 1: OEP was awesome. Everything about it worked 100%
    Week 2:OEP was still working without a problem. Effects ere still there 100%
    Week 3: I got sick. I am not afraid of saying it. We are all human and it happens. I got constipated and I had no idea what it was so I stopped my whole stack.
    Week 4: I got back on my stack and everything seemed to come back to normal but the effects were at about 70%-80%
    Week 5: I got sick again, same thing. I actually created a forum asking what you guys thought it was. I few of you said stims so I stopped the stims right away. That was it.
    Week 6: I took the last of OEP, but the effects were the lowest. Almost no effects were there. I pretty much finished the bottle to just finish it not because I felt anything

Side effects: The OEP and Recreate together were fine to me, but when I began taking the green tea, it really screwed me up. I also took Jack3d to workout a few times (bad idea). I was not careful with my body and I learned my lesson.

Recommendations: I recommend OEP, but be careful with taking too many stims. There are other side effects than insomnia. I was sleeping fine, but it screwed up my digestive system (got constipated).

Overall: Great fat burner, great appetite suppressant, great energy. I recommend this although I felt the effects were at 100% only the first 2 weeks. Halfway through the bottle I was not feeling much anymore and at the end I felt no effects.

I would not run this 8 weeks straight. I am cycling off right now for 4 weeks before I run another bottle stacked with Recreate.

May 3, 2011

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Excellent Recovery
    • Buy This Product!
    • No Additives
    • Great Bcaa Ratio
    • Good For Stacking
    • Less Soreness
    • Poor Mixing In Water
    • Tricky Mixing
    • Berry Doesn't Taste Like Berry
    I was not very familiar with intraworkouts. i usually took a pre and used protein for post. I tried WAR and IntrAbolic first, then after all the hype I decided to give Modern BCAA a shot.

Value: 9
    I bought this at AllStarHealth.com for about $24. ANy store online would have this for about that amount. Places like GNC and Vitamin Shoppe have them for over $30. The tub is about 35 servings (70 scoops). That is about $.69 per serving. Not bad, I actually used only one scoop but I will get to that.

Recovery: 11
    Amazing!! What a difference from any other type of intra-workout. At firs...

Value: 9

Recovery: 11
    Amazing!! What a difference from any other type of intra-workout. At first I was using 2 scoops but I went down to one because I am taking Animal Pak, using Pro Complex and Dymatize protein, so I get aminos throughout the day. I noticed no soreness at all after any work out except chest. I begin lifting with a weak chest so it was always sore so I couldn't go as hard the next time. MBCAA allowed me to be 100% every time!

My wife began working out a few days ago and she always said MBCAA stunk so she did not want to take it. She worked out with me doing arms and she was very sore (she is not used to lifting). I gave her 2 scoops of MBCAA and told her to call me in the morning. BAM!!! Now I know how Jesus did it.

Mixability: 7
    This is where people always complain and even a friend of mine kept nagging me about it since I recommended it. Yes, as soon as you throw the powder in it does not mix the way you would hope. I realized that it needs to sit a little.

So I would throw the powder in, not really shake it but turned my cup upside down a few times to let it spread out and I just let it sit while I warmed up. Done! It looked like water after that.

Taste: 5
    I got the white blue raspberry flavor. Not the best. It taste nothing like berry but more like unsweeten lemonade. If you really care, you will not enjoy it much, but I really do not care about taste. If it gives me the recovery I need, I am happy with that.

Afterthoughts:
    Great amino acid ratio. Taste not so great, but great amazing recovery. I have a tub of Body Mortar and Xtend so I will not use MBCAA for a little while. I think it will just make me miss it more.

Recommendations:
    Absolutely! If you are not picky about taste at all. You will love it.

March 24, 2011

• Density
    • Good Recovery Time
    • Good Mixability
    • Price
    • Price!!!!!
    • Get To Help Gnc Guy Make Commissions.
    • Tastes Awful
    I went into GNC looking for a pill dispenser and found this protein on sale for $12 because it was a month away from the expiration date. I bought the strawberry flavor since it was the only one left.

Serving: The directions states to take 2 scoops for 40 grams of protein. I took it for extreme results as the directions say, one serving (2 scoops) before working out and one serving after working out. The scoop was at least twice the size of an average protein scoop.

Mixability: For the amount of protein powder it actually mixed very well. I had to shake it maybe an extra 20 to 30 seconds but not a big deal for the amount. Once it mixed it was fully dissolved and went down easy without any clumps.

Taste: Strawberry was horrible. I had to literally chug this thing every time. I am not the kind of person to actually enjoy the flavor of my supplements. If it works then I'll deal with it, but this was terrible. I even thought about just stop taking it because of the flavor. After about 6-7 servings I got used to it and it was blah, but never enjoyed it.

Effectiveness: This was actually very good protein. I went up in weight in my chest workout and i thought the next day I was going to be very sore, but I was not sore at all. I can not give all the credit to AMP, since I was also taking MBCAA and I have been taking sci fit creatine and glutamine. I have to say if it wasn't for the price I would probably do another tub, but $50 for protein is a lot of money.

Value: The Original price is $50 and I got 15 servings from the tub. That is about $3.30 per serving. That is a lot per serving compared to aftershock which also gave me great results. ($2 per serving)

Overall: Good protein, great recovery and great gains but the taste was horrible. I got used to the taste but the price is the major factor of not buying this protein again unless I find it on sale again. I gave it an overall of 7 because although it was effective, how effective can it be sitting on a shelf since I can not afford to buy it? If it was about $30 for the tub, I would consider it for my bulk but not with such a great product as aftershock out there for cheaper.

March 20, 2011

• Fast Recovery
    • Awesome Post Workout
    • Good Mass Gainer
    • Bit Pricey
    • Carbs Do Not Help Cut
    Aftershock was recommended by someone for post-workout protein. I decided to give it a shot and wow.

The taste: I picked up the only flavor that was left, tropical typhoon. I mixed the protein with fat free milk, fat free yogurt and some berries for flavor and although I tasted the protein, it was not overwhelming and quite enjoyable to be honest. Even when I changed fruits to make the shake, the taste was still there but I never got tired of it and even looked forward to having the shake when leaving the gym.

Mixability: I actually never mixed it with just water. Always in a blender...

Mixability: I actually never mixed it with just water. Always in a blender. I learned that I cant throw the protein before blending since it always stayed on the side of the blender cup. I blended the mix without the protein and while blending, I slowly threw in the powder to mix thoroughly. Then, it mixed with no problem at all and besides the taste I did not feel any clumps or chalkiness.

Effectiveness: Amazing. This is the first time I use a postworkout protein so I can't compare to anything else but regular whey protein. I had never had results like this with regular protein. I noticed my upper body getting wider and my muscles being fuller, but I did have some fat still on my body so I did not notice all until I was off Aftershock. About 10 days after I was off AS, my body fat starter shedding since I began doing more cardio and wow. The difference was clear. Bigger, more full lean muscles.

Value: I bought Aftershock for about $30. The tub states that one serving is 2 scoops. I have read people's reviews saying it says 3 scoops. I don't know if it is a change Myogenix made but it says 2 scoops. With 15 servings in a tub, you are paying about $2 per serving. It is pretty pricey comparing it to other protein but damn worth it.

Although it is pricey, I recommend to buy Aftershock during a bulking stage at least once. I am just starting to write reviews so please let me know if I left anything out. Thanks.

February 25, 2011

• Lasted Long Enough
    • Good Recovery
    • Eh Taste
    • Strawberry Flavor Is Awful
    I bought this protein to give it a shot. I went through 3 tubs of Gold Standard protein and can honestly say it does it's job. It took me about 2 months to go through all 3 and it was not painful to my pocket. It helped build muscle fast. I should have weighted myself but I didn't I am sorry.

CARBS/CAL: I was first afraid of the calories and carbs in the protein, and was going to go with Isopure, but if you are keeping a healthy diet, it should not be a problem at all.

VALUE:This protein is definitely worth the money, and it is great for someone on a budget or someone who wants to try something different.

FLAVOR: In terms of flavor, I went with vanilla at first and it was good and decided to try something else and went with strawberry. Not a good idea. The first few times of taking it, it was fine but I got sick of the taste. I also noticed that when cooking or making shakes with the powder, the taste came out to hunt you unlike vanilla.

This is my first review on protein. If you think I need more details on my reviews please let me know. Thanks.