Firefighter

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 1 year, and was last online today
  • Moderate community participation

Reviews by Firefighter

Thanks to Regicide Supplements for sending it out!
  January 20, 2018

• Good Pumps
  • Reduced DOMs

A huge shoutout to Regicide Supplements for sending me their preworkout to try! I am a 27 year old firefighter from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my job and to build muscle mass / strength.

This preworkout contains quite a hefty ingredient label. Now I've seen this in a few preworkouts before that seemed appealing until you realize many of the ingredients were under dosed. Well I'm glad to say this is not the case with Regicide! To start they have a full dose of BCAA's at 4:1:1! They are L-Leucine 4,000mg, L-Isoleucine 1,000mg, and L-Valine 1,000mg. This helps begin the recovery process quicker! Next up they have their Nitric Oxide Boosters for the pump. They are L-Citrulline 3,000mg, Citrulline Malate 1:1 3,000mg, and Agmatine Sulfate 1,000mg. Next they have the Energy and Endurance ingredients that provide exactly what they say. They are Beta Alanine 4,200mg, Betaine 1,500mg, Creatine HCL 1,500mg, Acetyl L Carnitine 1,500mg, and Taurine 1,000mg. To finish there is the Focus Enhancers to provide a solid focus. Those are N Acetyl L Cysteine 1,000mg, L-Tyrosine 1,000mg, Caffeine Anhydrous at 300mg which is also to improve energy, and L Theanine at 300mg. That's it for the label. Big but delivers.

I received the watermelon flavor which I believe is their only current flavor. It was very sweet and more of a candy flavor than watermelon but it was enjoyable. If you aren't too big on sweetness you may need to add extra water. It mixed up great in a shaker bottle and I had very minimal residue left at the bottom. It mixed back up easy enough though. The 1 scoop dosing seemed just right.

I found this product to be very effective at what it claimed. I felt like getting the aminos in early definitely helped my recovery overall and I liked them being in here. The pumps were always good and stayed pretty consistent throughout my whole useage. I noticed they were more muscular pumps than vascular which was ok for me. The energy was great. I took this about 20 minutes before leaving for the gym and I could feel it kicking in on my drive in. I was definitely energized as I walked in the door. The focus aspect had me mentally ready to go as soon as I walked in as well. The energy lasted throughout my whole lift and I never had any noticeable crashes afterwards.

The only place I was able to find this product was on the companies website. This is a pretty expensive product compared to many other preworkouts. It's listed as $52. It contains 20 servings and it breaks down to about $2.50 a serving. To make the value seem better I suppose you can consider it 2 products in one with the aminos added in.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects during my usage of this product.

Conclusion

Overall I really enjoyed my use of this preworkout. It was effective and enjoyable to drink. My only downfall is the steep price and lower serving size. It's seems to be this companies first product so I assume they are just trying to get going. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a preworkout with a bunch of ingredients and aspects. I look forward to seeing what they have in store in the future! Thanks again Regicide!

Overall
Thanks to Betancourt for sending it out!
  January 12, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Recovery

Thank you very much to Betancourt for sending me their BCAA Plus to review! I am a 27 year old fireman from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my profession and to build quality muscle mass / strength.

This is a fairly simple Branch chain amino acid profile but with a little Betancourt twist thrown in there. To start all of the aminos in the product are instatized. This means that they made the amino acids all water soluble to prevent foaming when shaking up the product. They state that when non instatized amino acids are shaken they tend to foam up. Within that foam they states is the majority of the Leucine in the product and if you dont drink the foam your missing out on that important amino. To start they give 4,000mg of their Leucine Plus Blend. This blend consists of normal leucine and time released lecuine. They claim the time released leucine is a benefit because it signals prolonged muscle protein synthesis. Following that we have 1,000mg of L-Isoleucine and 1,000mg of L-Valine. That is it as far as aminos go but they also include a hydration blend in here. The hydration blend is 1,500mg and consists of Taurine, Sustamine L-Alanyl L-Glutamine.

The taste was awesome. It reminded me of a watermelon Jolly Rancher. It wasnt too sweet and definitely helped out the sweet tooth we all have. It mixed up perfectly with no leftover powder or clumps at the bottom. Just like they claimed I experienced zero foaming throughout my entire usage. The dosing seems pretty average amongst BCAA products at a 4:1:1 ratio. Although I have seen many products provide less Leucine than this one. The scoop size is average.

While using this product I did have some decent muscle gains. Nothing crazy but noticeable results. I did notice I became a bit more defined but remained the same weight. I always felt great after each lift and the days that followed. I was definitely less sore than usual but was able to tell I was working out just as hard. I do think the time released L-Leucine has a positive effect on the results I saw and Im glad they through that in this product.

The lowest price I found this product for was $21 at elitenutrition.com. With 30 servings per tub it breaks down to about .70 cents per serving. I feel that is a fantastic deal for the quality of product you receive.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects during my usage of this product.

Conclusion

To conclude this I give a two big thumbs up to Betancourt! They took the traditional amino product and gave it a little twist that provided noticeable results! I really enjoyed my use and definitely want to use more in the future! I recommend this to anyone who is in the market for a new amino product. With the great price, good results, and fantastic taste I don't know why you wouldn't try this. Thank you again to Betancourt and I look forward to seeing more of your products on SR in the future!

Overall
    Thanks to Dymatize Nutrition for sending it out!
      January 12, 2018

• Mixes Great.
    • Tastes Good

First off a very big thank you to Dymatize for sending me their Elite 100% Whey to review! I am a 27 year old firefighter from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my profession and to build quality muscle mass / strength.

To start off each dose contains 140 calories, 2 grams of fat, 3 grams of carbs, and 25 grams of protein. The protein is provided in a proprietary blend called "Whey Protein Blend". Unfortunately we do not know how much protein each source provides but they do list the sources in the blend. The sources are Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, and Hydolyzed Whey Protein Concentrate. In my opinion the whey protein isolate is the best source and it is second most in this product. With that being said Dymatize does have 100% Iso protein if that interests you. I think this is a good protein profile for a more affordable protein option.

The flavor I received was Snickerdoodle. This flavor is fantastic. It tastes exactly like a snickerdoodle cookie we all have eaten and enjoyed! I was really impressed with how closely they matched the flavor. It definitely a treat every time you make one of these shakes. I always used milk when mixing and it always mixed up perfectly in a blender bottle. I never had any clumps or residue left at the bottom after shaking. The dosing seemed perfect with a dose being one scoop. One scoop was 36 grams and it was an average sized scoop. With 25 grams of protein per serving they definitely gave you enough.

I found this product be an effective protein supplement for a few reasons. First off its a super easy way to add 25 grams of protein whenever you need it throughout the day. Makes it really easy to hit your protein macro. Secondly I think it definitely help me see the results I did during my use. I didn't have any massive muscle increase but I did notice I became a bit more defined while remaining at my same weight. The recovery was always good while using this product as well. Plus it definitely helps you keep that sweet tooth at bay. This seems like a great product for anyone trying to maintain weight and muscle size or trying to add more protein into their diet.

The lowest price I found the 2 pound tub I received was at allstarhealth.com for $24. Each 2 pound tub contains 25 servings. That breaks down to about .96 cents per serving. Personally I find to be quite a good deal for the quality of product you receive.

Side Effects

I did not experience any negative side effects while using this product.

Conclusion

Well to conclude Dymatize gets a big thumbs up from me on this one. Between the price, quality, effectiveness and taste I was very pleased. I definitely recommend this protein. I can definitely see myself using this protein again in the future. I thank you again Dymatize and look forward to reviewing your future products!!

January 4, 2018

• Increased Strength
      • Helps Leanness

A very big thank you to Muscle1 for sending me their post cycle product to review! I am a 27 year old firefighter from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my job and to build muscle mass / strength.

There are 2 ingredients in this product. The first is androsta 3 5 diene 7 17 dione at 25mg per serving. This ingredient is very popular for post cycle therapy's. It is a naturally occurring metabolite that is non hormonal. It is a aromatase inhibitor that helps to suppress estrogen production. That is why it is perfect for post cycle because of the chance your body will over produce estrogen. The other ingredient in this product is their Elite Peak Intake Complex or as they like to call it EPIC. EPIC is a proprietary blend consisting of Grapefruit extract 10:1, 6',7'-Dihydroxybergamottin, and Black pepper extract. These ingredients combine to give you 475mg of EPIC per serving. The company states this ingredient will greatly increase the absorption of the prohormone produce from one of their prohormone products into your bloodstream.

The product comes in capsule form so there is not taste. There is a bit of a strange smell but nothing too bad. The capsules are average size and I had no issue consuming them. They state you should take 1 capsule 2-4 per day. Most research I did on this ingredient showed 3 times per day would be an effective dose for a beginner to prohormone and post cycle supplements. So that is the dose I went with during my use.

Before I began this product I had just finished their prohormones MASS4 and STRENGTH1 products. Those are both prohormones and I saw good muscle mass increase and became leaner while on them. Those effects continues throughout my use of this product. I wa still building noticeable muscle, leaning out, and even getting a bit stronger overall. As far as my health goes I felt much safer taking this after prohormones rather than not having a post cycle. I definitely think this contributed to the overall effectiveness of my first prohormone run.

This was the only downfall for me. I am only able to find their products on their company website. Along with that they are all quite pricy. I am hoping because this is a new brand and they are trying to get established and that they will decrease in the future. If not it will be harder for a lot of people to be able to try them. They have it listed at $100 but currently on sale for $80 per bottle. There are 90 capsules per bottle and it breaks down to about 88 cents per capsule. Keep in mind the dose is 2-4 capsules a day.

Side Effects

I have read that many people experience dry or stiff joints while using this product but I never had that issue. I had no side effects at all whoops on this.

----Conclusion--
      To conclude overall I would recommend this because it works and does what it claims. The only downfall is the rather large price tag. If you are planning on doing a cycle definitely consider a post cycle for your health. This is a good one to consider if you have and don't mind spending the cash on it. Thanks again Muscle1!!!

Thanks to Dymatize Nutrition for sending it out!
        December 29, 2017

• Quality Ingredients
      • Increased Performance
      • Increased Vascularity
      • You Get What You Pay For
      • Clinical Dosing
      • Good Focus
      • Needs Better Value Or Servings

A very big shout out to Dymatize for sending me out their new preworkout to review! I am a 26 year old firefighter from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my job and to build muscle mass / strength.

To start this label has no proprietary blends and I love that. It's completely open and transparent so thumbs up to that. To start it off they have Citrulline Malate used for increasing your pump at 8 grams. Second they have Beta Alanine at 3.2 grams that is used to boost performance and strength. This is the ingredient that gives you the awesome pins and needles feeling all over. Third we have L-Taurine at 2 grams which they state is used to increase the CNS during lifting. Fourth is
      1.5 grams of Nitrosigine which increase your pump. Fifth is 350 grams of N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine which is used to increase mental cognition and focus. Sixth is 300mg of caffeine used to increase energy. Seventh is 200mg of Coconut water fruit powder used for hydration. And lasy we have 125mg of Teacrine which works with caffeine to bring energy and focus. These are all clinical doses and Dymatize didn't cut any corners!

I received the Chilled Fruit Fusion and it was very enjoyable. It tasted like fruit punch with a small hint of mint or something that gives it a cooling flavor. It mixed up almost perfect every time with a shaker bottle. There was some minor leftover powder at the bottom but it was easy to shake back in. The label states to shake the bottle to prevent clumping but I did not have any issues or need to do that. The dosing seems perfect to me and I don't have any issues there. Each tub contains only 20 servings and that's their only size they have available. That's the only thing I wish was different.

This was very effective throughout my whole usage. I never needed more than one scoop per lift. I felt a good rush of sustained energy about 20 minutes after consuming. The beta alanine worked very fast and I usually felt it within 5 minutes of finishing my drink. I felt focused and ready my whole time in the gym. The pumps were good and stayed throughout the entire lift. I think this hit every aspect I look for in a preworkout and I was impressed with its effectiveness.

I found this on several different websites on the internet including Dymatizes website itself. The cheapest I found it was for $40 and most sites were at that price. With their being only 20 servings that makes it $2 a serving. That is quite expensive for a preworkout compared to other options out there.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects during my usage of this product l.

Conclusion

To conclude I definitely recommend this preworkout and would love to use it again. It works great and does everything it claims. It is pricy compared to its serving size so people short on cash might seek other options. But if you don't mind paying for quality effectiveness then give this a shot! Once again thank you very much Dymatize!

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
        December 20, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • High-Quality Blend
      • Non-GMO
      • FDA Inspected
      • High Protein Per Serving
      • No Added Anything
      • Fully Disclosed Label
      • Repairs Muscle
      • May Be A Little Expensive

A huge shoutout to Nutrabio for sending me out their Muscle Matrix protein to use and review! I am a 26 year old firefighter from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my job and to build muscle mass / strength. I consumed this protein at nighttime just before going to bed due to it stating its a 4 hour protein breakdown and I thought it would be perfect for while I was asleep.

A very big thumbs up to Nutrabio for making this a proprietary blend free label! It's fully transparent and very easy to read. Each scoop is 120 calories with .5 grams of fat, 2 grams of carbs with 1 of those being from sugar, and 25 grams of protein. The protein sources are split between whey protein isolate at 16.31 grams and micellar casein at 13.68 grams. They have it listed at a 55% to 45% split. Every ingredient used by Nutrabio is as pure as you can get it and that definitely includes these top 2 quality protein sources. The only other added ingredients are used for flavor. The company allows you to enter your products number online to see all the lab results of your exact product! The length they go to prove their quality impressed me and I really like that aspect of this company. I really enjoyed the simplicity yet quality of these ingredients and the label.

I received the Cookies and Cream flavor. I always used milk when mixing. I found the flavor to be very tasty and enjoyable. It wasn't too strong or weak. When mixed with milk it gave it an almost milkshake like taste. It always mixed up perfectly in a blender bottle. I never had any leftover powder or clumps leftover in my shaker. The dosing seems perfect. Each dose is 1 scoop which is 31.89 grams. There are a total of 28.44 servings per 2lb tub.

I really liked using this right before bed because when I woke up I wasn't immediately hungry and still felt satisfied. I know it was quickly and slowly breaking down during my sleep and promoting muscle growth and recovery. I did notice I made some pretty good muscle size gains during my usage. My strength stayed about the same. Recovery felt good, I was never too sore following any lifts. The mixed rate of protein digestion makes it ideal to use at multiple times throughout the day.

For the 2lb tub I received the cheapest I was able to find it online was for $40 at bodybuilding.com and vitaminshoppe.com. You can definitely find 2lbs of protein a lot cheaper but if you care about quality and transparent ingredients then this price is probably of good value to you.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects during my usage of this product.

Conclusion

Overall I really like this product because it worked, tasted quite good, and because the company was amazing at providing quality tested ingredients. I recommend this for anyone in the market for a new protein and has a bit of extra money to spare on it. I would definitely consider using this and other products from Nutrabio again in the future. Once again thank you very much Nutrabio!

December 8, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Increase Strength
      • Increases Libido
      • Non-Methylated
      • A Little Pricey

I want to give a big thank you shoutout to Muscle 1 for participating in the TROOPS and allowing me to use and review their Strength 1 product! I am a 26 year old firefighter from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my job and to build muscle mass / strength.

Like their Mass 4 and P Cycle products this is a very small, simple, and straightforward ingredient label. First up on the label is 1-Androstene-3b-ol,17-one at 110mg per serving. This is an prohormone that will convert into testosterone inside the body during a 2 step conversion process. The company claims this ingredient is much more potent than normal testosterone. This ingredient is also non methylated which means it is safer on the liver than previous prohormones. It also means there is less to almost no side effects during your use. Next up on the label is their "EPIC" Elite peak intake complex at 600mg per serving. ''Tis complex contains grapefruit extract 10:1, 6',7'-Dihydroxybergamottin, and black pepper extract. All of the ingredients in this complex are meant to increase absorption in the body. That is is for the label and ingredients!

This supplement comes in capsule form so there is no taste or mixability to review. The capsules are average size compared to most other supplements. They do have a funky kind of off putting smell to them but it didn't bother me during my use. The dosing for the prohormone is 110mg per pill and most of the research I did before starting this said that 330mg a day is the sweet spot for a beginner to prohormones. I stuck with 330mg a day throughout my entire usage.

Between using this and their MASS4 supplement I found them to be very effective at what they intended to do. I gained about 9-12 pounds by the time I finished and it all felt and looked like lean muscle. I noticed I did get fairly lean and my diet didn't change much if at all. In fact I probably ate a bit more. I did notice an increase in strength but it wasn't as successful as my muscle increase. All of my lifts went up slightly but where I noticed it most was my reps at the current weights I used increased quite a bit. It was definitely nice to see a difference in shape and strength. I started noticing changes and results when I was about 1/3 my way into the supplement. I already consider my Libido to be pretty good so I didn't notice too much of a difference there.

Here's my only downfall to this product. It's not widely available at all and it's fairly pricy. The companies website is the only place online I was able to find it. The site has it listed at originally $110 a bottle but currently on sale at $90. This company is rather new so I'm hoping once they get their name out there a bit more they will be able to lower their prices.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects during my usage of this product. I know a lot of people experienced lethargy but that did not effect me at all.

Conclusion

Overall I was very pleased by this product. I saw and felt great results. I definitely would recommend this to anyone who has been lifting awhile and is stuck at a plateau or is a hard gainer. Only problem is you'll have to be willing to shell out a bunch of cash in order to get this. I would definitely love to try this again in the future if I ever found it cheaper. Thanks again to Muscle1 for allowing me to use and review their STRENGTH1 supplement!

November 29, 2017

• Heightened Libido
      • Increased Leaness
      • Far Too Expensive

A very big thank you to Muscle 1 for sending me their Mass 4 supplement to use and review! I am a 26 year old firefighter from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my job and to build muscle mass/ strength. While taking this product I also took Muscle 1's Strength 1 supplement.

A very simple label on this product. It contains 2 ingredients and they are in capsule form. The first of those 2 is 4-Androsten-3B-ol-17-one or more commonly just called 4-Andro. This ingredient is a non-methylated compound meaning it's much safer on your liver with less side effects than some pro hormones that were popular in the past. 4-Andro converts in the body to testosterone in a 2 step process. One capsule is 100mg. The second ingredient is their Elite Peak Intake Complex (EPIC). This is a mix of grapefruit extract, 6'7'-Dihydroxybergamottin, and black pepper extract. This mix helps to enhance absorbtion of the pro hormone into the bloodstream. This is dosed at 600mg per capsule.

The product is in capsule form and they are average size to small compared to most capsules. There is no taste to them but there is a slight odor. The dosing is 2-4 capsules per day but most of the research I did before using recommended using 3 capsules a day for a newbie to this supplement so that is what I did.

This product was very effective for me. I would say I started noticing results when I was about 1/3 of the way into the bottle. I noticed I was getting slightly leaner but my weight was increasing. I definitely noticed I was adding muscle all over. Now your not going to become Mr. Olympia after your cycle on this but you should expect to see some nice gains that otherwise might have been pretty hard to obtain. I gained about 8-10 pounds since starting this cycle and it seems to all be Muscle because I am actually a bit leaner than before starting. Of course with increased testosterone you'll notice an increase in your Libido. I already think mine is pretty high so it didn't sky rocket but I definitely noticed an increase. I also got the "alpha male" feeling throughout my day. I was very pleased with how the results turned out.

Here is my only downfall to this supplement. It is rather expensive. Right now the website is currently having a sale showing that it is normally priced at $110.00 but is currently marked down to $90.00. They also have a stack of 3 bottles of Mass 4 and 1 bottle of their post cycle product originally priced at $430.00 but currently marked down to $258.00. I really did enjoy this product but I find it expensive and I don't know if I would be able to afford a future cycle at the current prices.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects during my usage of this product which is awesome because prohormones in the past are known to have had some pretty crappy side effects.

Conclusion

To conclude I will say this product is definitely effective and did exactly what it claimed it would do! I would love to give this cycle another go in the future if they are able to lower the prices on their products. I recommend this to anyone who has been lifting for awhile and is at a point where they are having trouble gaining muscle. Thank you again Muscle 1 for allowing me to review MASS 4!!

Overall
      Thanks to Olympus Labs for sending it out!
        November 17, 2017

• Increased Focus
      • Increased Pump
      • Makes You Feel Sick
      • Too Jittery
      • Cold Sweats

A very big thank you shoutout to Olympus Labs for sending me their preworkout to review! I am a 26yo Firefighter from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to increase strength and muscle mass. I also want to sustain a solid shape for my job.

There are 5 different aspects to this label. They are 5 proprietary blends which I dislike because you cannot see the exact amount of each ingredient that you are consuming. To start you have the "Incredible Pump and Endurance Matrix" which consists of 5 grams of L-Citrulline, 1 gram of Agmass Agmatine Sulfate, 1 gram of Pomegranate Powder Extract, and Vaso6 at 300mg. All of those ingredients are used to give you a pump during a lift. Next up is the "Intense Energy Matrix" which consists of 300mg of Caffeine Anhydrous, Eria Jarensis Extract, Julgans Regia Extract, and STIM-X. Those ingredients are all used to give you a boost of and sustain energy during a lift. Following that we have the "Immaculate Focus Matrix" with its only ingredient being Tasteless Teacrine at 100mg which is for focus and sustained energy. After that we have Kanna Ease at 25mg which is used for stress relief and increased focus / cognition. And last but not least we have the "Maximum Absorption Matrix" which consists of 50mg of Astragin Blend which is used for increased absorption. That is it as far as the label goes. A bit complex but not necessarily bad. I like that tt hey try to hit all aspects of a good preworkout supplement. I do wish that all the ingredient doses were listed and not just most of them.

The flavor I received was "Dragons Mist" which sounds completely badass and awesome. Before I knew was flavor it actually was I get possibly blue raspberry. It turns out the flavor is actually blue snow cone. It tastes awesome and pretty dang close to the blue portion of a snow cone. Its very fruity and sweet with a light blue color when mixed. It mixed up almost perfectly in a shaker with very minimal settling. It was easy to shake it right back up and not have any clumps. The label states that one serving is actually 2 scoops. I personally thought this supplement was a little too strong for me at 2 scoops. So after the second time I used the 2 scoops I used just one for the rest of the time I had it.

For what it intended to do it did work. I much preferred it at one scoop rather than 2 because of how intense it was for me. At 2 scoops the energy boost was huge and uncomfortable due to my pulse racing even at rest. At 1 scoop the energy was perfect and not overbearing. The pump aspect of this was much better with 2 scoops but I was happy with what I got at one scoop because I was actually able to lift and see something rather than nothing. I did not notice too much of a difference in focus between 1 and 2 scoops. So yes I did find this product effective but I had to adjust it for myself. It may not effect everyone this way so I suggest starting at 1 scoop a few times and then seeing if your comfortable with 2.

The cheapest I was able to find this product was for 27 dollars at illpumpyouup.com. That breaks down to roughly $1.35 per serving. That is about average for preworkouts. Theres some cheaper and theres definitely a lot more expensive. I basically doubled my servings in this by only using 1 scoop at a time so for me it was decent value as far as servings go but I would rather spend my money on a product that I was more comfortable using and had better results with.

Side Effects

At 2 scoops I experienced very intense cold sweats and some nausea. They would start as me feeling very hot and sweaty and about 10 minutes later I would become very cold and clammy. It was very unpleasant. At 1 scoop it was similar but not as intense and had no nausea. I am not sure which ingredient is responsible for this as this product had a few I never had before.

Conclusion

Overall I would recommend a few preworkouts before this one. I would still recommend this in the hopes that it doesnt have the same negative effects on everyone as it did me. I do think I wouldve like this product a ton more if I didnt have the negative effects. It seems to have potential but I was not able to experience it. Good luck to anyone trying and I wish you a better experience than I had! Thank you again Olympus Labs for allowing to test and review RE1GN!

Overall
      Thanks to Ixion Nutrition for sending it out!
        October 30, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Good Focus

First off thank you very much to Ixion Nutrition for sending me their preworkout supplement to review! I am a 26 year old firefighter from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my job and to build muscle mass / strength.

This profile caught my eye pretty quick as I found it to be interesting and impressive. It is grouped into 7 different categories, each with their own targeted goal. First one is Strength and Endurace which contains 3,500mg of Beta Alanine, 2,500mg of Betaine Anhydrous, and 2,500mg of Creatine Monohydrate. Second is Joint Support which contains 500mg of MSM and is the only ingredient. Third is Libido and Mood which contains 500mg of Maca Root Powder and 150mg of Muruca Pruriens. Fourth is Energy with 275mg of Caffeine and 30mg of Synephrine. Fifth is pump with 5,000mg of L-Citrulline and 300mg of L-Norvaline. Sixth is Focus with 500mg of Taurine, 200mg of L-Theanine, and 100mcg of Huperzine A. Seventh and last is Absorbtion with 4mg of Black Pepper Extract. Overall I really like how this hits all angles of preparing you for a workout and even throws in some Libido. I do wish there was a bit more L-Citrulline but with everything else it contains it's hard to argue. Good job on the unique formula Ixion.

They have only 1 flavor and that is Pineapple Orange. This is one area that this supplement is lacking. The flavor is not bad at all but is not very strong tasting at all even when slightly less water was used. It also had a slight creamyness flavor to it which isn't bad just didn't expect it. It mixed almost perfectly with a little bit of residue left at the bottom after mixing. It easily swirled back up with a shake. The dosing felt just right at 20.3 grams per serving. The scoop size was average.

This is definitely an effective preworkout but could be tweaked be even better and a big contender on the market. The energy was perfect for me. I'm not huge on stims and the caffeine in this was the sweet spot for me. The energy came pretty quic after consumption and lasted throughout my whole lift. The beta alanine tingles were awesome and came on quickly. I definitely felt strong while lifting. The pumps were decent but could definitely be improved upon. It's hard to judge the Libido aspect because I feel I have a pretty high one already. My joints felt fine before this supplement so that was also hard to judge. The focus worked for me as I felt zoned in each lift. This definitely improved my gym time each day.

Right now I was only able to find it on the companies website. They are selling each tub for $32. Each tub contains 20 servings which breaks down to about $1.60 per scoop. Personally I would like to have more than 20 servings at that price. But it is effective so if you don't mind paying for a product that works then consider it.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects during my usage of this product.

Conclusion

Well to conclude this I'm gonna give Ixion a thumbs up. This is a different and unique preworkout blend that definitely is effective and shows signs of being even more effective. I hope they continue to improve upon what they have and make it even better one day. I definitely love to give it another shot in the future. I recommend it to anyone looking for a preworkout and has a little extra cash they are willing to spend. Thanks again Ixion!