Firefighter

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 2 years, and was last online 3 weeks ago
  • Moderate community participation

Reviews by Firefighter

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  June 18, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Side Effects
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Lasting Fullness
  • Mixes Well
  • Clean Profile
  • Lab Test

My review of Nutrabio's Classic Whey protein powder. I want to thank Nutrabio for participating in TROOPS and sending this out to me to review!

To start I will say Nutrabio puts all of their ingredients and product through third party testing. They test for purity and quality. The best part about it is they release all of the results so you can see them! You are able to find out exactly who tested and where it was tested at. One serving of this contains 130 calories total. There are 2g of fat, 2 carbs, and 25g of protein. The protein source they use is Whey Protein Concentrate (non-denatured)(32.2 grams WPC80 yielding 25 grams of complete protein)(CFM cross flow micro-filtered. Cold processed). This is a high quality source of protein and they promise no amino spiking in any of their products. The product label is proprietary blend free so you can see exactly what is in it and how much of it is there. Just by researching and using several of Nutrabio's products I am very confident they use very high quality ingredients.

I received the flavor Cold Brew Cappuccino. It was a very delicious flavor. It tasted like a cold brew creamy coffee. Seeing as how a lot of those contains tons of sugar this was an awesome way to taste it but in a much healthier protein packed way. I always used milk and mixed it in a shaker cup. It mixed up awesome each time and there was no clumping or leftover residue. My only issue with it was it it foamed up quite a bit each time. The easy solution to that though was to let it sit a couple minutes after shaking. The foam went right down after that. The dosing seemed average with one scoop being 34.1 grams. It was an average sized scoop for whey protein powders.

I found this product to be quite effective at what it intended. I felt like I made some good muscle gains during my use. I always drank this in the morning as part of my breakfast to get my day started. This was really nice and blended well because of it being coffee flavored. This helped me to feel fuller during my lift. Already having a decent amount of protein in me before I lifted definitely helped start the healing and growing process. This product plus a BCAA I was taking helped me to never feel overly sore. Plus I felt I healed up fairly quick. It also was a great way to help reach my protein macros each day. I usually drink my coffee black but I occasionally have a craving for some creamer in it. During my use of this I never had that craving because this flavor helped fight off my sweet tooth.

The lowest price I was able to find this product at was $32.99. This was off of several different websites including bodybuilding.com and amazon. The 2lb tub contains 26.9 servings. It breaks down to roughly $1.20 a serving. For the quality, taste, and effectiveness I find this to be a very fair price.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects while using this product.

Conclusion

To conclude I give Nutrabio a huge thumbs up. They continue to put out quality products using quality proven ingredients. I really enjoyed my entire usage of this product and definitely want to use it again in the future. I highly recommend it for anyone looking for a solid whey protein product. Once again thank you Nutrabio and I look forward to trying everything else you have to offer!

Overall
    Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!
      June 4, 2018

• Endurance Boost
    • No Crash
    • Pumps Were Lacking

My review of REDCON 1's new version of their stimulant pre workout TOTAL WAR. I did review the original version and was excited to see what changes they made. I really enjoyed the original formula.

I am a 27 year old fireman from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my job and to build quality muscles / strength.

To start this is a proprietary blend free label so thats awesome already. The new version removed DMHA and Eria Jarenesis which are mood elevating stimulant that is starting to get banned in certain areas. Seems like they wanted to get ahead of the game and that is smart. The label starts off with 6g of L-Citrulline Malate which improves pumps and blood flow. Next up is 3.2g of Beta alanine which improves overall performance and gives you the pins and needles feeling. Following that we have Agmatine Sulfate at 1g which is also used to increase pumps and vascularity. Next up is 1g of Taurine which is used for a boost in hydration and muscle fullness. After that is 250mg of caffeine for energy. Following that is Di-Caffeine Malate at 100mg which is a form of caffeine that is easier on the stomach. Next is 150mg of Ampiberry which boosts the caffeine in this product to get a better effect. After that is 50mg of Cocoteanol which is actually a blend of tea and cocoa which gives you a stimulant effect. Next is Naringing 98% at 25mg which is a anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. And to finish it off they add 10mg of Bioperene to aid in nutrient absorption. I really like this new label. It kept many good ingredients and switched out for some new interesting ones.

The taste I recieved was Blue Lemonade. It reminded me of the blue lemonade kool aid packs I used to drink as a kid. It was a good and refreshing flavor. It was not too sweet but still sweet enough to curb my sweet tooth. It mixed up almost perfectly each time in a shaker bottle. I usually had some minor residue left at the bottom but it was minimal. The dosing seemed spot on with it being a one scoop serving size and each scoop being 12.9g. The scoop size was average for preworkouts.

This is the best part about this product. The old formula was very effective and this one is just the same if not better! I always took this about 15-30 minutes before heading to the gym. Within 15-20 minutes I could feel the beta alanine kicking in and tingling me. At about 20-25 minutes in I feel the steady rush of energy kicking in. The energy built up until I arrived at the gym and lasted throughout my lifts. I never experienced any crash and at no point was the energy overwhelming. It was spot on for me. The pumps I experienced were decent to good. Nothing spectacular but they were there. It definitely gave me the energy and motivation to get through some extra sets and lifts which was good.

The cheapest I was able to find this product was for $22.40 on walmarts website. That is an incredible price considering its also listed as free shipping. It does not state whether or not it is new or old formula though. Each tub contains 30 servings. At that price each serving breaks down to about .75 cents per serving. I don't know how long that will be available for but if your interested I would jump on that asap.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects while using this product.

Conclusion

Overall I give a couple of thumbs up to REDCON 1. They took an already great preworkout, switched it up a bit, and made it just as awesome! I really enjoyed using this product and I can definitely see myself using this again. I recommend this to anyone looking for a solid, tasty, and effective preworkout. Thanks again REDCON1 and I look forward to trying more from you guys soon!

Overall
    Thanks to Beast Sports Nutrition for sending it out!
      June 1, 2018

• Increase Well Being
    • Increased Strength
    • Increased Vascularity
    • Alpha Feeling
    • Prop Blend

My review of Beast's Super Test. I want to give a huge shoutout to Beast for participating in the TROOP's program and sending me their testosterone booster to review!

I am a 27 year old Firefighter from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my profession and to build quality muscle / strength.

This supplement contains 6 different proprietary blends that make up their label. The first one is called "Pro testosterone support factors". That blend contains Fenugreek Extract and KSM-66 Ashwagandha Extract both at 300mg. Those ingredients are both thought to boost your bodies natural testosterone levels. The next blend is called "Male support complex". It contains Tribulus Extract (whole plant) 40% Saponins, Suma (Pfaffia paniculata) (root) Powder, Cyanotis vaga (root) Extract, Chasteberry Tree (vitex) Extract (fruit), Safed Musli (Chlorophytum borivillanum) (root) Extract std. 50% Saponins, Cissus quadrangularis (leaves) Extract, Eurycoma longifolia (root) Extract, Rhodiola rosea) 3% Rosavins (root) Extract and is 800mg. Those ingredients are meant to increase sexual health and wellness in men. The third blend is called "Nitric oxide factor" and its only ingredient is Agmatine Sulfate/Agmass at 500mg. That ingredient promotes vascularity, pump, and blood flow. The fourth blend is called "Anti estrogen factors". The ingredients in that are Polygonum cuspidatum (root) Extract 20% trans-Resveratrol at 200mg and White Button Mushrooms (Agaricus bisporus) Fruit Extract 10:1 at 100mg. Those ingredients are meant to lower the estrogen produced by your body to reduce its negative effects. The fifth blend is called "Liver and Kidney Factors". The ingredients in that blend are Milk Thistle Extract 80% Silymarin (seed) at 200mg and Cranberry Extract at 100mg. Those ingredients promote kidney and liver health while helping to detoxify the body. The sixth and last blend is called "Anti-DHT factors". Those ingredients are Stinging Nettle Extract at 150mg, Beta Sitosterol 42% at 100mg, and Pumpkin Extract (seed) (Cucurbita pepo) at 20mg. Those ingredients are meant to stop DHT from being overproduced causing some effects as hair loss and prostate damage. That sums up the ingredient profile. I liked the amount and the variety of ingredients and blends they used. They made it different than many other test boosters out there.

The product is in capsule form so there are no issues with taste or mixability. The dosing is about average actually compared to many test boosters that i have tried. The dose is 3-4 pills in the morning and 3-4 more pills in the evening. It is a bit of a hassle taking 6-8 pills for one supplement in which the times you take it are split.

I was really excited to try this product because Beast states on the label and their website that you can use this product if your testosterone levels are already normal. They state it will support your levels and possibly even raise them. This excited me because I do believe my levels are average or better already. When I first started taking this I didnt really notice any differences. After a week and a half to 2 weeks I began to notice some differences. I noticed that I was much quicker to arousal than normal. I definitely gain some nice strength gains. They weren't massive but I love seeing any improvement. I felt more confident or "alpha" if I may. Im not sure if this was directly from the supplement or me just being happy with the results. I did have some muscle gain but nothing to crazy. I was happy with the results I got seeing as how I am still fairly young and honestly wasnt expecting too much.

The cheapest I found this product was for 34.99 at supplementgeeks.com. That breaks down to roughly 77 cents per serving. Thats not a bad price per serving ratio. This value of this product is going to depend on what you are expecting out of it. If you are hoping to see a crazy huge increase in testosterone and feel totally changed then you will be quite upset. But on the other hand if you just want to see some minor little changes and boosts than you might be willing to pay for this supplement. I know I would in the future.

Side Effects

Increase in upper back acne. I assume thats contributed to possibly increasing testosterone a bit. Other than that no negative side effects were noted.

Conclusion

To conclude I give Beast a thumbs up on creating a different type of test booster. I think this product will stand out from others. I recommend this to anyone looking for a little boost. Again this will not help anyone with low T and they should see their doctor. I look forward to trying more of what Beast has to offer in the future!

Overall
    Thanks to Furious Formulations for sending it out!
      May 22, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improved Recovery
    • Tastes Great

My review of Furious Formulations Aminos Baby! I want to thank Furious Formulations for sending me their amino to review!

I am a 27 year old firefighter from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my job and to build muscle mass / strength.

This ingredient is fairly simple but has a bit of a twist compared to most amino products out there. To start their amino blend is a 2:1:1 ratio. That consists of L-Leucine 3,000mg, L-Valine 1,500mg, and L-Isoleucine 1,500mg. It also includes 2,000mg of L-Glutamine. Those ingredients all aid in recovery and muscle building. Next up is 480mg of Cherry Pure which is tart cherry concentrate. This ingredient helps to decrease inflammation after a lift. The last group of ingredients are a blend of healthy red and green veggies / fruits. The blend is called Spectra Orac and it is 100mg. The blend contains many antioxidants and improves overall health.

The flavor I received was Grape Bubble Trubble. The flavor was super enjoyable. It tasted just like a piece of grape bubble gum. It was much better than gum because the flavor didn't disappear after 3 chews. It was a treat to drink each time. It mixed up perfectly in a shaker each time. There was some minor powder left at the bottom but it mixed up nicely again with a little shake. The dosing seemed spot on with one scoop being 12 grams. The scoop is an average size.

I found this amino product to be quite effective. Firstly it helped crave my sweet tooth each day and that was helpful. I always drank this at night or upon waking up. I felt like this helped improve my recovery each day. I usually feel some sort of soreness the following days after a lift. This product helped to cut that soreness to about half of its normal amount. That was helpful because I was able to lift that same body part again sooner than usual. My joints would sometimes hurt after leg or lower back day and that was almost gone while taking this. I credit that to the tart cherry and the super food blend.

I found this product on a few different sites including the companies website and amazon. The price I found on both sites were 29.99. There are 30 servings per tub and it breaks down to about $1 per serving. I find this price to be fair due to the extra additions they have put into a base amino product. Although there are many cheaper amino products out there that are simply just aminos.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects during my usage of this product.

Conclusion

To conclude I give a thumbs up to Furious Formulations on their amino product. I really enjoyed the taste and it was effective for me. I recommend this product for anyone looking into a unique amino powder. I would definitely try this again. I look forward to trying more of this brands products!

Overall
    Thanks to Beast Sports Nutrition for sending it out!
      May 8, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Ingredient Profile
    • Aids In Joint Support
    • Aids Overall Health
    • Capsule Form
    • Easy To Open Packs
    • Excellent Selection Of Ingredients
    • Hits Daily RDA For Essential Vitamins
    • Probiotic Complex Blend

My review of Beast Nutritons multivitamin pack. I want to give a big shoutout to Beast Nutrition for allowing my to review their product!

To start I am a 27 year old firefighter from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my profession and to build quality muscle / strength.

The ingredient profile on this product is extremely massive due to it being a combo of multivitamins and other supplements. The main multivitamin is your standard group of vitamins and nutrients you see in multivitamins. The other groups each have ingredients unique to its name and those are the ones I will go over. To start we have "Beast Joint Complex" at 1,400mg. The ingredients are Glucosamine Sulfate 2KCL, Methylsulfonylmethane, Boswellia serrata (65% Boswellic Acid) Gum Resin Extract, and Turmeric (Curcuma longa) (Root) Powder. The next group is "Best Essential Fatty Acid Complex Blend". The ingredients in that group are Fish Oil containing EPA and DHA, Conjugated Linoleic Acid, and Lipase. The next group is "Beast Cognitive Complex" at 611mg. Those ingredients are Bacopa monnieri (Leaf), Ashwagandha withania somnifera (Root) Powder, Ginkgo biloba (Leaf) Extract, Huperzia serrata (Herb) Extract (Huperzine A 1%), and L-Alpha Glycerylphosphoryl Choline. The next group is "Beast Heart Complex Blend" at 530mg. The ingredients in that group are Garlic (Allium sativum) (Bulb) Powder, Hawthorn (Crataegus oxycanthus) (Berry) Powder, and Coenzyme Q10 (Ubiquinone). The next group is "Beast Super Foods Blend" at 212.5mg. The ingredients for that group are Cayenne (Capsicum annuum) (Fruit) Powder, Carrot (Duacus carota) (Root) Powder, Alfalfa (Aerial Parts), Broccoli (Brassica oleracea) (Sprout) Powder, Chlorella (Chlorella vulgaris) (Whole Plant) Powder, Spinach (Spinacia oleracea) (Leaf) Powder, Beet (Beta vulgaris) (Root) Extract, Garlic (Allium M sativum) (Bulb) Powder, White Kidney (Phaseolus vulgaris) (Bean) Powder, Spirulina (Spirulina platensis) (Algae) Powder, Cabbage (Brassica oleracea) (Head), Barley Grass (Hordeum vulgare L.) Juice Powder, Apple Juice (Malus pumila) (Fruit) Powder, Strawberry (Fragaria vesca) (Fruit) Powder, Cranberry (Vaccinium macrocarpon) (Fruit) Powder, Cherry (Prunus avium) (Fruit) Extract, Mango (Mangifera indica) (Fruit) Powder, and Raspberry Fruit Powder. The last group is "Probiotic Complex Blend" at 112mg. The ingredients for that group are Probiotic Blend (15 Billion CFU/g) (Lactobacillus rhamnosus, L. acidophilus, S. thermophilus, L. brevis, L. casei, B. longum, B. bifidum, L. salivarius, L. plantarum), Bacillus Coagulans (6 Billion CFU/g), and Saccharomyces Boulardii (20 Billion CFU/g). That concludes the very long and extensive list of ingredients for this product.

There is no flavor to this as they are capsules. Some of the pills have a slightly bad taste but if you swallow them fast enough you wont taste it. There is no mixability due the form being capsules. The dosing seems right with there being 8 pills per pack. 8 pills may seem like a lot to take at once but as you can see from the ingredients you need that many.

This is where the product shined in my eyes. I though I felt pretty good overall before I started taking this product. After about 1 week of taking this I felt way better overall. It was definitely a noticeable changed and I loved it. I was having some minor soreness in my hips and knees before starting this and that went away quickly. I believe the joint complex was at work for that and I was glad. I was able to squat again without any inconvenience. The superfoods blend is great because I definitely try and eat enough veggies but I don't think I quite get there on my own. This definitely helped me achieve that. My bowels and daily bathroom ritual also improved due to the probiotic complex. I was going less and it felt better on its way out lol. Besides those improvements my overall energy each day was elevated. My body definitely was happy it was getting all the proper nutrition it needs and deserves. My workouts and recovery afterwards were noticeably improved.

The lowest price I found this product was for $28.99 at A1supplements.com. The average price I found was around $30. There are 30 packs per tub so it is around $1 per serving. I know this seems high for a multivitamin each day but really look at what you are getting with it.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects while using this product.

Conclusion

Two huge thumbs up to Beast Nutrition! I loved this product and definitely want to try it again in the future. This product comes highly recommended from me to anyone who is trying to improve their nutrition. If you are already taking a ton of pills each day you might as well get them all from one pack!

Overall
      Thanks to Performax Labs for sending it out!
        May 8, 2018

• Quality Ingredients
      • Solid Profile
      • Good Pump

My review of the preworkout HyperMax. I want to give a huge shout out to Performax Labs for sending it to me to try!

I am a 27 year old fireman from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my profession and to build muscle / strength.

The ingredients for this product are grouped into 4 categories. The first is "Extreme Pumps and Performance". That group includes L-Citrulline at 6,000mg for pump, 3,000mg of Beta-Alanine for a performance boost, Agmatine Sulfate at 1,000mg for pump, and lastly L-Ornithine L-Aspartate at 1,000mg which is thought to increase anabolic activity. The next group is "Extreme Focus and Mood". That group includes B-Phenylrthylamine HCL at 400mg which stimulates the nervous system and gives focus, Eria Jarensis Extract at 200mg which improves mood and focus, and lastly Hordeum Vulgare at 50mg which improves focus. The next group is "Extreme Energgy Blend". That group includes L-Tyrosine at 1,000mg which is used to decrease stress and improve energy, Caffeine Anhydrous at 325mg to increase energy, Citrus Aurantium Extract at 50mg to increase vasoconstriction and energy, and lastly Rauwolfia Vomotoria Extract at 3mg to increase energy and pumps. The last group is called "Absorption Enhancement". The only ingredient in the group is Black Pepper Extract at 5mg which increase absorption of nutrients. This ingredient label really impressed me because it was proprietary blend free. It also included many popular and proven ingredients. It also included a couple I tried for the first time.

The flavor I received was Strawberry Kiwi. It was very delicious and tasted almost like a glass of juice. It was a very traditional strawberry kiwi flavor. It was definitely sweet enough without being too overly sweet. It was very enjoyable each time I mixed it up. It always mixed up almost perfectly. I usually had a small amount of powder leftover at the bottom. It was very minimal and easily mixed back up with a quick shake. The dosing seemed just right with one scoop being 16g. The scoop size was average for preworkouts.

This product was definitely effective in each of the ingredient groupings it had. I took it about 15-20 minutes before leaving for the gym. As I was parking I could feel the energy building. It definitely made me hyper but I never felt overly energetic or spazzy. The energy stayed with me throughout my workout and I didn't experience and crashes afterwards. It was the perfect balance. The pumps usually came on pretty quick and lasted throughout my lift. It gave a nice full and rounded look. I did feel like my performance was better overall although I didn't notice any crazy strength increases or anything. The focus was just about average. I definitely felt it but it wasnt anything crazy or strong.

The lowest price I found this product was for $34.99 at Illpumpyouup.com. It contains 25 servings at 1 scoop and it breaks down to about $1.40 per serving. I personally think because it worked consistently that it is a fair price. There are some cheaper preworkouts with more servings out there if money is of concern.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects while I used this product.

Conclusion

To conclude I definitely enjoyed this product! It worked well and tasted great! I was very excited to use it before each gym session. I would recommend this to anyone in the market for a new preworkout! I can definitely see myself trying this again i the future. I thank you again Performax Labs and look forward to trying more of your products!

Overall
        Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
          April 14, 2018

• Simple Product
        • Right Ratio Of Aminos
        • Reduces Muscle Soreness
        • No Prop Blends
        • Maintains Muscle Mass
        • Effective Dosage

Huge shoutout to Nutrabio do participating in TROOPS and sending me out their BCAA 5000 to review!

Hello all, I am a 27 year old firefighter from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my job and to build muscle / mass.

This ingredient label is super simple and straightforward. Most products by Nutrabio are though. Each ingredient is fermented and vegan which is nice. The label is 2.5g of L-Leucine, 1.25g of L-Isoleucine, and 1.25g of L-Valine. That's it. Plain, simple, and easy. What really makes this company and their labels stand out is the lab testing they do on every product. They insure each product is pure and up to their standards. They even give you paperwork showing who tested it and where it was tested at. That really says a lot to me. It proves their ingredients are really as good as they say.

I received the kiwi strawberry flavor and I was very pleased. It was very satisfying and I enjoyed each serving. It's a very traditional kiwi strawberry flavor that was not over or under flavored. It mixed up perfectly in a shaker everytime. I never had any issues with clumping or mixing. The dosing seemed spot on with the scoop size actually being rather small. Each scoop is 6.67 grams.

I was quite pleased with the results I noticed on this product. My recovery was always great. I felt good following hard lifts and I was never to sore the following days. It was also tasty enough that it satisfied my sweet tooth. I always used this product before or during my workouts. Throughout my usage I noticed good strength and muscle gains. I contribute that to all the products, workouts, and diet I had but this product definitely aided as well.

I found this product to be very valuable. It worked great and tasted awesome so that is easy to pay for in my opinion. The lowest price I was able to find this product was for 29.99 and that was off of several different websites. It comes in a 60 serving tub and that breaks down to .50 cents a serving.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects during my usage of this product.

Conclusion

Overall I give 2 big thumbs up to Nutrabio for another super solid product. They are consistently putting out. I really enjoyed using this product and definitely want to try it again. It's a good deal, it's tasty, and it's effective! I recommend this to anyone looking for a solid BCAA powder. Thanks again Nutrabio!

Overall
          Thanks to Warrior Nutrition for sending it out!
            March 23, 2018

• Improves Recovery

I am a 27 year old firefighter from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my job and to build muscle / strength. I want give give a very big thank you to Warrior Nutrition for participating in the TROOPS program and for sending me their protein to review!

To start there are 120 calories per serving. There are 2.5 grams of fat, 4 grams of carbs, 2 grams of sugar, and 24 grams of protein. The protein used in this product is a blend of whey protein concentrate and whey protein isolate. I was unable to find out an exact amount used of either one. I would like it more if there were more Isolate than concentrate. Those are two of the most common sources used in whey proteins with isolate being the best in my opinion. It also contains an unknown amount of L-Leucine, L-Valine, and L-Isoleucine. It also contains digestive enzymes Papain and protease. Those helps to digest and absorb the protein better.

The taste was phenomenal and I am not exaggerating one bit. This may be hands down the best tasting protein I have ever tried. I reviewed the Cookies and Cream flavor. It was very creamy tasting and so smooth. It reminded me of a milkshake! The bits of cookie in the protein were a great addition that brought a hint of chocolate flavor. I always used milk and I feel that helped it be extra creamy tasting. It always mixed up perfectly in a shaker bottle. There were no clumps or residue leftover. The dosing seemed right at one scoop with the scoop being an average size.

Firstly it definitely helped me combat a sweet tooth hankering. The recovery the day of and the days following seemed improved. I felt like I made good muscle and strength gains during my use as well. I always looked forward to downing one of these shakes after a workout. With that being said I definitely pushed myself hard during my lift just to get to my reward a little bit sooner. It always digested easy on my stomach.

The only place I was able to find this product was on the companies website. It was a but pricy compared to many other 2lb tubs of protein out there. I personally feel that due to its effectiveness and incredible taste that it is worth it. It is currently listed for 34.99. It contains to 28 servings per tub and that breaks down to about 1.25 per serving.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects while using this product.

Conclusion

I recommend this product to all lovers of tasty and effective protein! I will definitely be trying this again in my future and cannot wait. It was tasty and effective so it gets 2 big thumbs up from me. I want to thank Warrior Nutrition again for allowing to review their product! I look forward to being able to try more products from you!

Overall
            Thanks to Tim Muriello for sending it out!
              March 23, 2018

Pros:
             Cons:
            • Dark Blend
            • Smooth
            • Taste Good

Hello all, I am a 27 year old fireman from Ohio. Whether you know or not, firemen absolutely love coffee. Also this was very interesting coming from a supplement company! So when I seen that this was able for review I was very excited. I want to give a huge shoutout to Tim Muriello and his company for sending me their coffee to review!

This label is as simple as it gets. There is one ingredient and that is 100% coffee! The coffee used in this product is ground beans from South and Central America. Many people like certain coffee beans from certain areas of the world. The area these beans come from is known for producing quality beans. There are many brands out there that obtain there beans from this area. Most coffees from those areas are medium to dark bodied with many having chocolate or caramel notes. It comes pre grounded so its ready to go immediately. The package is a common coffee package I have seen many time. It is easily resealable to keep it fresh. It was very aromatic and easy to smell through the package before it was even opened. It smelled very good.

The taste was awesome! The website claims it is a french extra dark roast and that seemed quite accurate. I usually drink black coffee and that is the only way I drank this product. It was a strong flavor that was very enjoyable. The website states the flavor notes are blackberry and semi sweet chocolate. Surprisingly I was able to pick up on the blackberry right away. The chocolate was a bit more subtle but it was there. The flavor was much better than all of the big market coffee brands that we have all tried before. Since it came pre ground the mixability was not an issue. The grounds were very fine and there were no large clumps stuck together. The dosing the brands website recommends is 1 rounded tablespoon per 6 ounces of water used. I tried that ratio and it came out good. I experimented with more and less as well. The ratio I ended up preferring was 1 heaping tablespoon per 6 ounces. So pretty close to what they recommended.

It definitely gave me more of a kick than the average cup of joe! I was not able to find the amount of caffeine it contained anywhere but you can definitely feel it. I would say as I was finishing the last sip of a cup I could start to feel it kicking in. I usually drank more than one cup so I was able to feel very alert and ready in my morning routines. I felt very energized and ready to start my day. It kept me going a bit longer than other coffees which was nice. I also used it several times as a preworkout. It gave me enough energy throughout my lift but it obviously lacks what other preworkout ingredients can do. It never felt like the caffeine or energy was overwhelming for me.

The lowest price I was able to find on this product was 11.99 plus shipping on amazon. It is a 12 ounce bag so thats about 1 dollar per ounce. I feel this is a very fair price for this product. There are tons of unique coffees out there in this size and I would say many are in this price range as well. Its extra caffeine definitely adds value.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects during my usage of this product.

Conclusion

To conclude I will say I really enjoyed this product! It was very tasty and enjoyable to drink. It worked well and gave me a nice boost in the morning. I would definitely like to use this product again. I recommend this to all coffee and caffeine lovers out there! I made some for the boys in the firehouse and they loved it as well! Thank you again Tim Muriello for letting me review your coffee! I look forward to trying what else your brand has in store!

Overall
              Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
                March 4, 2018

Pros:
               Cons:
              • Better Recovery
              • Quality Ingredients
              • Tastes Great
              • Mixes Perfectly
              • One Size Option

Big shoutout to VMI for sending me their whey protein isolate supplement to review! Thanks for participating in TROOPS as much as you do! I am a 27 year old firefighter from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my job and to build muscle / strength.

Pretty straight forward and easy label here. The protein source is 100% Non GMO Processed Whey Protein Isolate. That's great because it's definitely the best source of whey protein. Besides the whey it includes natural flavors, xantham gum, sucralose, beta carotene and enzyme blend. Those ingredients are for flavor and the enzymes are to aid in digestion. Each serving also contained 4 grams of glutamine, 5 grams of BCAA's with 2.5 grams of Leucine. There are 100 calories per serving, 25 grams of protein, less than 1 gram of carbs and 0 sugars or fat.

The taste was phenomenal! I used it with milk and it tasted just like a orange creamsicle! It was definitely a treat every single use and it held back my sweet tooth for sure. I looked forward everyday to mixing this up. I made a few milkshakes out of it too and those were just as good. It always mixed up perfect in a shaker and I never had any issues with mixability or leftover clumps. The dosing seemed average with it being a 1 scoop serving (29.6 grams) and the scooper being average sized.

I found this to be effective in several aspects. I noticed good muscle improvement and some strength gains as well. I definitely credit that to it being 100% Isolate. It definitely helped me take in the amount of protein I aimed for each day. I always drank this post workout because it felt like a reward and honestly that improved my mood a bit lol. With it only being 100 calories and no carbs it never filled me up too much. I never missed or lessened my next meal which is a plus. With the added glutamine and BCAA's I felt like my recovery went smooth and I was never too sore the next day.

The cheapest I was able to find this product was for $34.99 off of several different websites. With it having 25 servings per 2 pound tub it breaks down to about $1.40 a serving. It may be a bit pricy to some because they are definitely cheaper same size options out there. But you have to consider this is the best source of whey and the nutrient label is very impressive. So in my opinion it is worth the little extra you'll spend to get this.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects during my usage of this product.

Conclusion

Definitely 2 thumbs up from me on this one. I liked every aspect of this product. It was effective and tasted incredible. I definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a clean solid source of protein. I would definitely use this product again in the future and in fact I really can't wait to. My only complaint would be there's not too many sites with it yet and there's only one size option. Besides that thank you again VMI!