Dfost115

• Member has been active for 6 years, and was last online 3 years ago

Reviews by Dfost115

Overall
Thanks to Royal Sport LTD for sending it out!
  January 21, 2016

Introduction:
Royal Sports LTD is an addition to the already-extensive line of Cellucor products, which is sold exclusively at GNC. The brand's motto is "supplements fit for kings and queens," or, in other words, "this poo is expensive." The general consensus surrounding Royal Sports' products is that they are high in quality, but lacking in value. I'm here to tell you no different.

Introduction:

I was excited to try silk amino acids, having listened to a friend rave about their purported benefits in recovery. It is often difficult for me to gauge recovery, since I am constantly changing around my diet and training. So many other factors affect recovery that I usually don't even bother attempting to judge amino products based off how they affect my muscle soreness. However, I do feel that my recovery was better while using Charge versus nothing at all. It also seemed to be incrementally better than with other BCAAs I have taken. But again, these results were nothing that jumped off the page and shouted "I'm worth 65 dollars."

Profile:
This product is centered around silk amino acids. The formula contains five grams of silk aminos, which falls in line with other SAA products on the market. The formula also contains four grams of BCAAs, in a 2:1:1 ratio; glutamine; Sustamine, a more stable form of glutamine; and electrolytes. It's a recovery-oriented formula that packs quite a bit. I did find that the electrolyte plus glutamine matrix was removed from the product's label on GNC.com. This could just be a typo, but I would make sure before purchasing.

What Are SAAs?
Silk amino acids are, quite literally, amino acids derived from silk. Silk aminos are comprised of five amino acids, two essential and three nonessential. Everyone knows silk aminos for their benefits in reducing muscle soreness, but clinical trials also support the possibility for SAAs to reduce fatigue. I found two studies that yielded such results, one in mice [1], and one in professional swimmers [2]. Of course, branched chain amino acids are fully capable of producing such results, as well.

Taste/Usage/Sides:
The flavor I had was strawberry kiwi, and it was very enjoyable. My all-time favorite supplement as far as taste goes is Xtend's strawberry kiwi. This didn't match it, but it came pretty damn close. One drawback, however, was that it left a burning sensation on my lips. I believe this was due to high amounts of citric acid, but I am not sure. It is the first time I have experienced this effect from an amino acid product. The burning mouth kept me from using more than one serving at a time, which I would not recommend anyway due to the price. I mixed my one scoop with 9-10 ounces of water in a shaker cup, and drank it either during or immediately after my workout.

Conclusion:
For 30 servings at a price of 65 dollars (52 online with a GNC gold card), there are many other supplements that can help you achieve your required results for less. Although this product worked for me, I cannot wholeheartedly recommend it due to the lower price point of comparable products.

Overall
Thanks to Cellucor for sending it out!
  November 13, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Hydration
  • Good Ingredient Profile
  • Good Endurance
  • Heavy On Artificial Dyes
  • Proprietary Blend
Thank you to the representatives of Cellucor for allowing me the opportunity to try Alpha Amino. Their proactive marketing is one of the main reasons why Cellucor has been able to grow to the forefront of the supplement industry.

Intro & Expectations:

Intro & Expectations:
I had been recommending the Alpha Amino to my customers at GNC based on its ingredient profile, but had never had the opportunity to try it until now. I used Alpha Amino during my workouts, hoping to improve my endurance and increase the amount of weight I could do near the end of my workouts. My workouts generally consisted of 15 plus sets, and my diet was a good 500-700 calories above maintenance.

Profile:
Alpha Amino packs most of the ingredients I could want, and reasonably expect, in an intra-workout formula. Obviously, there are BCAAs; five grams worth of them. While I am satisfied with the dosage, I wish Cellucor would disclose their ratios on the label. The leucine comes in three forms, including leucine nitrate, which in my experience is great for pumps and strength. The question is: is it included in amounts sufficient enough to make a genuine difference? Thanks to proprietary blends, I cannot tell you. Next is the "Alpha Hydration Formula," which is where this product really stands out. Not only does it include electrolytes, which many companies are doing these days, but also some standout ingredients such as raw coconut water, glycerol powder, and chia seed extract. The last ingredient complex is the "Alpha-Amino Complex," which consists of an under-dosed blend of glutamine, citrulline, and essential amino acids. I love the addition of EAAs due to their potential to increase protein synthesis and prevent muscle breakdown. However, I would have much rather seen beta alanine rather than glutamine, as this is supposed to be a "performance" amino.

I had been told by a coworker that this product makes a legitimate difference in hydration, and he was not lying. At the end of my workouts, I felt better. My muscles felt less deflated and achy, and my body felt capable of pushing itself further. This was not always the case, as my muscular endurance was not as significantly improved. But, it simply made it easier to get through my workouts. On the strength front, I cannot say this product offered all that much of a boost. However, you cannot exactly expect an amino product to help increase your one rep max. I did not notice much of a pump from the nitrates; nor was I really looking for one. If you are looking for an added pump, you still may want to give this a try because it does have potential, at least. Recovery was noticeable at two scoops. At one scoop, it was too difficult to identify a difference.

Usage & Taste:
I started at one scoop, but saw much improved results at two. I settled in at one and a half, so not to use up my supply too quickly. I found a sweet spot at ten ounces of water per scoop, which I felt was sweet enough for my taste buds but not too much to where it tasted like cough syrup. I had the grape flavor, and it was very enjoyable. The taste was definitely a grower; at first it did taste like cough syrup. Grape can be hard to nail because of the fact that we automatically correlate it with the nasty crap we were force-fed while sick as children. However, Cellucor did a great job here, as they always do with flavoring. I also sampled the blue raspberry, and enjoyed it just as much.

Value:
This stuff isn't cheap. Cellucor goes above and beyond with the formula, and you're going to have to go above and beyond your budget to purchase it. Honestly, I think it would e foolish to buy this product for use any time other than intra-workout. If you are looking for a product to use post and throughout the day, look elsewhere or you will be wasting your money. There are other products that are going to be just as beneficial for recovery or preventing catabolism, and you won't have to break the bank to buy them. However, if you are looking for that intra-workout boost, the ingredients provided here are going to be much more worthy of your money. Overall, I think AA provides middling value, considering the quality of the formula and the premium you'll have to pay to get it.

In conclusion, this is a great performance-oriented amino acid product. It is not going to provide you the same muscular endurance as a straight beta alanine product, but its hydration blend works wonders. Give this stuff a shot if you need a little etra help getting through those grueling workouts.

Overall
Thanks to Recor for sending it out!
  November 12, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Peptides
  • Fully Disclosed Amino Profile
  • Artificial Sweeteners
  • Meh Meh Meh
  • Spoons And Cups Are A No-go
First off, I'd like to say thank you to the representatives of Reaction Nutrition, and apologize for my lateness. I have experienced an unexpected bout of seizures lately that have really thrown me for a spin.

Intro & Profile:

Intro & Profile:
Reaction Nutrition's Pro Action is their attempt at breaking into the market for post workout protein supplements. Its profile is similar to popular proteins like Optimum's Gold Standard Whey and Muscletech's Platinum Whey. The blend consists of three forms of whey - isolate, concentrate, and peptides, in that order. Obviously, isolate is a purer, more bioavailable form, which means that you are getting a quality protein source as the number one ingredient. The blend also features peptides, which are shorter chains of amino acids broken down for faster digestion. However, those looking for an ultra-clean supplement for use during the "post workout window," may want to look elsewhere. The profile contains four grams of carbohydrates (two of which are sugars) and three grams of fat. The carbs come from maltodextrin and modified food starch, and the fat comes from coconut oil. Personally, I do not find these totals to be a huge deal. But, if given the choice I might choose to steer away from whey proteins with intentionally elevated fat content, despite its fats coming from a good source. Reaction Nutrition does disclose the product's amino acid content, which is always nice. Its BCAA amounts appear to fall in line with others who reveal their amounts. All in all, I do not feel Pro Action's ingredient label provides much incentive to buy

Mixability & Digestibility:
Here is where I will evaluate the effectiveness of this supplement. As you are probably aware, it is very difficult to evaluate the effectiveness of a protein due to a multitude of factors. I cannot attribute any improved recovery or size gains to this product alone. What I can do is tell you that I noticed no difference in digestibility with this product. I was not impressed with its mixability; a shaker cup is required, unless you want to be eating chunks. It is not the worst I have ever had (not even close), but it is not good.

Flavor & Usage:
I had the milk chocolate flavor, and the taste was fairly enjoyable. It had a creamy texture, possibly due to the coconut oil and/or starch added. This was neither a positive nor a negative for me; it was not creamy in a milky, hot cocoa sort of way, just in an unnecessary coffee creamer sort of way. Still, the taste was good, and I would sometimes use it to drown out the taste of my vanilla Wheybolic. When I used Pro Action by itself, I would mix one and a half scoops in approximately 8-9 ounces of water in a shaker cup and drink it post workout. I generally did not use this protein throughout the day, as it did not mix well. Besides, I believe in eating whole foods to reach dietary needs at all other times throughout the day. I also used Pro Action for baking once. I used three quarters of a cup to make my chocolate peanut butter protein cookies, and it worked well. The creamy texture was instantly noticeable, which was a positive in this case.

Value:
The price point of Pro Action is very comparable to similar proteins. Online, a two pound tub will run you about $32, and five pounds approximately $57. Reaction Nutrition is currently carried by big name supplement retailers like tigerfitness.com, despite not having much of a track record. Kudos to them for that.

Conclusion:
Overall, this is a solid protein supplement that simply blends in in just about every way. While I wouldn't avoid using it again in the future, there is nothing that will compel me to seek out and purchase it again. Reaction Nutrition Pro Action is simply another whey protein that fails to stand out.

Overall
Thanks to Muscle Pharm for sending it out!
  October 13, 2015

• No Dyes
  • PR-setting Strength
    First off, a big thank you to MusclePharm for allowing me the opportunity to try this product through the TROOP program. I had been eyeing this product for a while, but likely wouldn't have been able to buy it, due to my broke college student status.

For MusclePharm, recent lawsuits have soured an already-mediocre perception among supplement users. So, the new Black line, which offers properly dosed ingredients in the absence of proprietary blends, is a welcomed addition to the MusclePharm family.

What's Different?
    Aside from the removal of proprietary blends, the new Assault Black seems ...

What's Different?
    Aside from the removal of proprietary blends, the new Assault Black seems to be more pump-oriented than the original. The hydration blend has been removed, and the stimulants have increased. Also, the creatine source changed from creatine nitrate to creatine hydrochloride.

Pump - Although this isn't something I typically look for in a pre, Assault Black really delivered here. It's not often that you find a full 750 mg dose of agmatine sulfate in a pre-workout blend. Plus nitrates and three grams of citrulline malate, which in my experience are two of the best pump-inducing ingredients. The formula is centered around blood flow-increasing ingredients, and I'm sure you'll see those veins popping out to your satisfaction, if that's what you value in a pre.

Strength - For me, this is where this product really shone. During my workouts, I'll often attempt to PR on my first exercise. On days when I took Assault, I found this much easier to do. My 4-rep max would always seem to become my new 5 or 6-rep max when I took a scoop of this stuff. These couple extra reps may not seem like much, but it's exactly the type of incremental increase I look for in a pre. The main creatine source here is hydrochloride, which I have never been a fan of. But, it is dosed properly and, in combination with everything else in the formula, seemed to offer quite a boost in the strength department.

Endurance - On the flip side, if Assault Black falls short anywhere, this is it. I do like the dose of beta alanine, two grams. I feel like this is enough to make a difference, but not too much to deter some users with excessive tingles. However, I would have appreciated the inclusion of some lesser stimulants to prolong the inevitable caffeine crash. The 1.5 grams of BCAAs are a welcomed addition. They may not be enough to make a physique-changing difference, but at the very least they offer me greater peace of mind that I'm avoiding catabolism during my workouts.

Energy and Focus - You know what you're going to get here. It's 300 mg caffeine and 100 mcg huperzine; caffeine for energy, huperzine for focus. I take huperzine on the daily, and am a big fan of its effects for cognitive clarity and focus. As I stated earlier, the formula could've used a secondary stimulant like theobromine. However, you're going to get energy from this product, and it's likely going to be a lot.
    Value:
    Yes, the price point does not look so appealing when compared to other pre-workouts. But, let's put this in perspective: Assault Black contains 1500 mg of creatine hydrochloride, or two scoops of Con-Cret. If you were to dose two scoops of Con-Cret daily, it would likely cost you over one dollar. Subtract this from the cost per serving of Black, and you are left paying under one dollar for all of the generously dosed ingredients in the formula. Don't fall for these other cheap "concentrated" pre's; products like Assault Black represent legitimate value.

Usage:
    I tried not to use this on at least a couple days per week, so not to build a tolerance too quickly. I also ramped u the dosage, starting at only a half scoop. Everyone's stimulant tolerance is different, but for me, this product remained effective throughout the entirety of the tub. I tried two flavors, fruit punch and strawberry lime, both of which were equally unimpressive. If I had to choose one, I'd go with strawberry lime because it was at least a little different.

Conclusion:
    If there's anything MusclePharm knows how to do right, it's manufacture a solid pre-workout product. I was a fan of the original Assault, and this product is just another step in the right direction. This product covers all the fundamental bases, and does so with efficacious doses of ingredients I can feel. If I were to formulate my own pre-workout, it would look a lot like this.

August 21, 2015

• Superior Blend
    • No Fluff Mass
    • The Real Deal
    • A Solid Weight Gainer
    • Soy...eh
    MHP has quickly become one of my favorite companies. Their product line brings a lot of tried-and-true, effective products, while also offering enough innovation to excite the hardcore supp junkies such as myself. Though their marketing techniques often fall into cliches, MHP's products, as well as their reviews, tend to speak for themselves. Up Your Mass has been one of SR's highest rated weight gainers for quite a while now, and for good reason.

Take a look at the ingredient listing, and you will immediately see what separates Up Your Mass from the run of the mill gainer: quality carbohydrate sources. While most gainers are loaded withh cheap, high-glycemic carbs such as maltodextrin, HMP's blend consists respectively of barley, oats, and oat fiber. As someone who tries to maintain a clean diet 24/7, I feel comfortable ingesting this product, which is more than I can say about most gainers on the market. Next we have the protein blend, which is highlighted by soy protein isolate (I know, I know). However, I am not bothered by the inclusion of soy. It is higher in amino acids arginine and glutamine (1), and has been thought to be as effective as whey (2). I would rather not see it as the main protein source here, which is the reason for my non-perfect rating, but this is a fairly minor gripe. If this product consisted of hydrolyzed whey and micellar casein, then you would see that represented in the product's price. Additionally, MHP adds branched chain aminos to their protein blend, and provides an amino acid prodile on the label. Other companies typically do not do this, which makes comparisons difficult, but I appreciate the bit of transparency offered here. An under the radar addition to the Up Your Mass formula is CLA. I plan to email MHP to find out exactly how much is in here, and will comment with any updates.

Breakdown (strawberry flavor): 500 cal/10g fat/60g carbs/ 46g protein
    Macro breakdown: 18% fat/35% carbs/47% protein

I aim for 4,000 clean calories per day. Admittedly, due to work, school, and girlfriend, I do not always reach my goal. Since I have been using Up Your Mass, I have found it much easier to reach my dietary goals, and have seen the results in my physique. Many factors affet weight and strength gain, and unfortunately I have no specific numbers to report, but I have noticed consistent muscle gain while using this. I use one serving per day and will often sip on it throughout the day, which I assume has helped maintain a positive nitrogen balance between whole food meals. I have no side effects to report.

At my store, I have done some calculations and found Up Your Mass' value very comparable to products of lesser quality. Depending on where you buy, UYM might run you one dollar per every 200 calories (17 servings per tub). Factor in the convenience of a weight gainer, and I feel like MHP's Up yyour Mass offers a very solid value.

Taste and Stuff

I have tried three flavors, fudge brownie, vanilla, and strawberry. I certainly enjoyed the fudge brownie the most, but the other two were bearable The vanilla flavor has additional calcium (129 percent DV, compared to 25 percent on the others). And the strawberry did not seem to mix as well; it often leaves behind a residual sludge in my shaker cup. All flavors had a sort of chalky texture, as to be expected due to the oats. Mixability was good. I used 16 oz of water in a shaker cup and had no issues, aside from my aforementioned complaint on the strawberry.

Conclusion

It's no secret that Up Your Mass is one of the highest quality weight gainers on the market. If you're looking for an extra boost to your clean bulk, I highly recommend you pick up a tub.

August 28, 2011

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Mixability
    • Excellent Ingredient Profile
    • Strength Increase
    • All In One Post Workout Powder
    • Vpx's Darned Prop Blends
    Time to write a review for my go-to supplement for adding MASS and gaining strength. I feel it is very important to write a review for this because even though they have a few great products out, VPX is a very shady dishonest company. What you see on the label is not what you are going to get out of this product. I wont copy and paste the whole profile because this review is already going to be long enough, but here is the basic ingredient breakdown:

Glucose, isomaltulose, and waxy maize are the three sources of the 78g of carbohydrates in Stealth. Imo this is a perfect blend for post workout carbs. You get yer glucose to Spike insulin and shuttle nutrients into muscle cells as well as yer high Molecular weight carbs to get the amino acids and creatine where they need to be. Next is the 47g blend of seven different proteins. The most abundant is whey concentrate followed by milk concentrate and isolate (80% casein, 20% whey), whey isolate, Micellar Casein, and casein and whey hydrolysates. The hydrolysates are protein already broken down into short amino acid chains and are ready to be used in your body when you ingest them, making them the fastest digesting proteins available. They are at the bottom of the proteins listed, which leads me to believe they their amounts in Stealth are very low, but still an excellent addition. After that we have the "Myogenic Lean MASS & Power Amplification Matrix," consisting of six grams of six forms of creatine and a couple extra. There are definitely some quality sources of creatine in here. Creatine nitrate Boosts strength like no other. Creatine magnesium chelate is the main source in CL's Green Mag. And creatine gluconate is bonded to glucose for enhanced absortion. The only problem here is that creatine monohydrate is listed first, which means that there could likely be at least 4g of it and tiny amounts of the rest. I would also like to get something straight: creatinol-o-phosphate is NOT creatine. VPX tries to sell it as creatine, but it is not. It is however a supplement that could possibly improve your body's ability to force muscle contractions. It has not been proven, but I like seeing it in the blend. Beta Alanine is also in there but i am 99% sure that there is only 50 mg, given as it is the last listed in a 6050 mg blend. Weird though, I still felt the ba tingles very mildly. And there are 3 grams of EFA's. meh.
    Overall that makes 540 calories, 47g protein, 78g carbs, 4g fat, and 6g creatine.

I used this not as a meal replacement but as a post workout shake because of the profile. I dont think you really want to use glucose other than post workout unless you are on a seriously dirty bulk. Post workout I used 2 scoops instead of a three scoop serving and mixed in some whey isolate. This way helped save money and make sure enough of my protein is whey. There is a lot of casein in here, and it doesnt really bother me because a complex has been proven beneficial post workout. I have been through two tubs over the period of two and a half months. I saw some solid strength and size gains during that time. When I started Strealth, I was coming off two months on bed rest with brain injury. Stealth really helped me get my strength back and add THIRTY pounds to my previous bench press 1rm. Solid. Size gains were pretty nice too. I had vanilla and cookies and cream flavor. If you plan on using Stealth post workout, you must get vanilla flavor. For some reason it has less fat and fiber than the other flavors. Mixability for this stuff is excellent. You can mix it in a glass with a spoon, which is ridiculous for a gainer. obviously it has a grainy texture from the creatine. I dont know why that bothers some people so much. As for side effects, this will dehydrate you. But that just means the waxy maize is doing its job. About 15 minutes after I drink Stealth, my mouth gets dry because the waxy maize helps draw everything including water into muscle cells. Bloating was very minor.

Value:
    I got it at 30 plus shipping online or I think it was $37 in stores. Not too bad for what you get imo. Keep in mind this is a creatine product, protein complex, and post workout carb powder all in one.

Overall, I really enjoyed Stealth and I would recommend it for your next bulk cycle. VPX has made two of my favorite supps, this and Power Shock. But they are very sneaky with their labeling and I would not recommend any of their other products. This one is my new favorite gainer because it has quality ingredients and I saw some nice gains on it. Funny thing though, my bench press didn't increase by 1,108% like the label said it would. :)

June 30, 2011

• Consistent
    • Decent Focus
    • Tunnel Vision
    • Crash Occasionally
    Profile:
    It is so refreshing to be able to see the amounts of everything in one serving. Per scoop: 1g creatine nitrate, 1.5g Beta Alanine, 1g aakg, 10 mg 1,3 dimeth HCL. I doubt that 1g aakg is going to have much effect, so the creatine nitrate is probably what supplies the pump.   Mucuna prurienes in c4 promotes natural release of HGH, something that i should have researched before using but i can now say that i had no negative side affects using this as a teenager. Basically the main difference in this profile and that of usplabs jack3d is the source of creatine, creatine nitrate vs creatine monohydrate. Also Jacked uses shizandrol and c4 uses mucuna prurienes/yohimbine as an additional energy source. Based off ingredients and not experience, i pick c4's profile over Jacked.

Strength: 10/10
    Through the roof strength gains on this product. I think it is due to the creatine nitrate, but i set a new max every day for the first week of using this.

Focus: 8.5
    Very noticeable. I had class a couple of times after a workout and i still felt "locked in" to the computer screen or whatever i was working on a couple hours after my 1.5 hour workout.

Energy: 8
    Energy was intense during the workout and lasted maybe an hour after. I broke the gym mirror one time because i was hyped and just through down a weight. I did crash sometimes. Not a kind of couch lock crash, but a kind of crash that made me quiet and irritable.  I call it a mind crash, whereas couchlock would be a body crash.

Pumps: 7
    Not something i really look for, but biceps ballooned up on back day and i had my first really noticeable shoulder pump.

Endurance: 3
    Because of c4 being a concentrated pre workout, this is not really expected. But there wasnt any noticeable in-set recovery or  less lactic acid buildup. The only thing that lasted was the focus.

I used this twice per week. I bought the 60 serving tub but only used 30 servings before i gave the rest away to try something new. Value is a 10 because i got it bogo 50% plus gold card discount for 16 dollars for 60 servings. Normal price is $40, still a good deal. At two servings per week i did not necessarily build a tolerance as much as i just knew what to expect from it. At first anything more than one level scoop would make me nauseous but i moved up to 1.5 near the end. Cellucor really has a nice product in C4 Extreme. They do a good job of marketing and i have to hand it to them here.

June 2, 2011

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Gained Weight
      I used this product to help put me into positive net calories. It is i think one of only two over-1000 calorie gainers on the market. the other is Optimum's Serious Mass, which i have also used and will compare this product to.

Profile-

Profile-
      Ultimate nutrition owns the MASS gainer category with mj2600 and  iso MASS gainer. Muscle Juice doesn't have all the extra goodies that iso MASS has but it still has a solid profile with 1020 Calories, 56g protein, 14g fat, 170g carbs, and 18g sugar, 71% less than the Original Muscle Juice 2544. Also contains mct's and omegas. I liked how there is no creatine because i choose to cycle it. Plus i would rather not use up my creatine storage on cheap monohydrate, included in a lot of gainers.

Taste/mix/texture:
      I had cookies and cream and it was great 8.5/10. Little floating cookie pieces were a nice addition. I enjoyed how sweet the flavor was and being able to mix it in a shaker cup. It leaves a little clumps which were
      Bearable to just chew and swallow. Mixes perfect in a blender and has a very light texture. I could actually drink a full serving of this, but i tried to not drink much water before because it comes out to be almost a quart when mixed with water.

Value-10
      This was the best thing about the product. If you search on sites like bodybuilding and GNC.com you will find Muscle Juice priced evenly among other gainers with 15-20 servings, like true MASS and Real Mass. But most of them are only about 6 lbs and provide about 600 calories per serving. Imo Muscle Juice is the best deal you can get from a non-homemade gainer

I gained 10 pounds over two months between this and Serious Mass. All of my lifts went up Considerably. But i attribute that to my Cellucor c4, I started using both at the same time. this gainer did not cause me any stomach problems. Ultimate nutrition claimed that there would be minimal bloating because of a sustained release carbohydrate blend. Sounds kind of iffy, but they tell no lies. Bloating was minimal. It was barely even noticeable. I could eat again in an hour.

Pros:
      Great taste, less filling
      Convenient
      High calorie density

Cons: none

This is a great product for someone who needs a big calorie boost. I cant think of any cons.

May 28, 2011

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Puts On Weight Quick
      • Cement Is Easier To Mix
      • Explosive Gas
      • Large Scoops
      • Hard To Digest
      I bought this as my first weight gain supplement when i found out that, as an xc runner and lifter, i was deep in calorie deficit every day. I decided on serious MASS because it had the most calories per serving. I have also used Ultimate's musxle juice 2600 which is what i will compare this product to.

Value:
      Bought it for i think 45 bucks for 16 servings at my local supp store. Not great. But i quickly found out i could not take down a full serving, so it lasted me 32 workouts at .5 serving which is pretty good for $45

Profile:
      1250 calories, 4.5 fat, 50 protein, 252 carbs. Thats ...

Profile:
      1250 calories, 4.5 fat, 50 protein, 252 carbs. Thats one heck of a lot of carbs. Perfect for a runner like me. Also has 1 g of creatine mono and glutamine. You would think Optimum would add a little more glutamine to such a giant serving size. And 20 grams of sugar is reasonable

Taste/mix/texture:
      I had chocolate and it was ok. Tasted like quality hot cocoa when warm. I would rate the taste at a seven, so not too bad. The problem with this product is its mixability and texture. I was able to take a full serving a couple times but its so thick that sometimes i just couldnt get it down. Do not try to mix this in a shaker. Blender is required, which sucks because i could not take this to school for after weight training class.

Effects
      I gained a good ten pounds over my two months of this and Muscle Juice. Nothing to complain about there. However, i experienced a lot of bloating, which was usually followed by extreme gas. I ended up renaming it serious gas; because it was seriously bad.

In conclusion:
      Carb loaded
      Easy to put weight on quick
      Pretty good taste

Thick like sludge
      Giant scoop ***ed me off
      Bloating
      Serious gas

Btw this is my first review. Ill write one For other gainers i use as well