DaSlaya

• Linked social media account

TROPHY CASE

TROOPer Level

*Rookie League

*Rookie League = only among other members in their first year on SR. DaSlaya will be eligible for rookie league trophies for another 329 days.

Reviews by DaSlaya

I am 37 years old, and hit the gym 5-6 days per week. I was looking for a good Casein Protein to round out my stack and for the obvious benefits of getting a slow digesting release of protein while I slept. I only use Casein when I need that extra Protein before bed, so it really depended on how my diet for the day went. As you will see with this review, this protein does its job, but is very underwhelming. Lets read on, shall we?

First lets talk the Amino Acid Profile. This product claims to have 25g of Amino Acids: 5.4g BCAA, 5.9g Other EAAs, 5.1g Glutamine, 2.5 Other CEAAs, and 6.2g Non-EAAs. So we can use our investigating skills and only know the BCAA breakdown, since it states 2.3g Leucine on the label, that means that it has 1.55g of Isolecuine and Valine. I kept looking for a better breakdown, and wanted to know WHICH of the AAs are in this product, and in small writing it says Full Amino Acid Profile can be found at: Dymatize.com/EliteCasein. I was like sweet, i can do some interwebbing, and there we can actually see the breakdown. I included it in a picture. With this we can see my detective skills were wrong and its actually 2.324g Leucine, 1.335g Isoleucine, and 1.703 Valine.

So lets talk the other ingredients. The Calories, Total Fat, Cholesterol, Sodium, Potassium, and Carbs are all slightly higher when compared to the top brands on this site for Casein such as ON and Nutrabio. While Dymatize does beat out ON with Protein content by 1g, Nutrabio surpasses Dymatize by 6.65g. Sodium seems high to me as well, but I can see that even ON has higher sodium content. Its not so much that it ruins your daily allocation, but something to keep in mind, because this tends to push me over my daily recommended sodium intake at times. With other products on the playing field like Nutrabio Casein with 30mg of Sodium this seems unnecessary at this point.

Reading older reviews from years back, I saw one concerned with the ingredient Soy Lecithin, which is made up as part of the Sunflower Creamer in the fine print. After some research on the matter I see that there is a ton of debate on Soy Lecithin and Soy in general. Bottom Line is its not likely you will have 5% of Soy Lecithin in your diet, so it should not be a problem at all. Of course, we have no idea the dosage in this product, so you are still technically rolling the dice. I still completed 2.2lbs of this baby, I think I am still Good to go!! :) If this bothers you then definitely steer clear of the product.

End of the day, I feel that having to go to a website to check out the AA breakdown, the seemingly poor quality of every ingredient, and a substance that causes great debate in this world, the ingredient profile is not good. I would rate this at 3 out of 10 alone!

Taste: Got the Cinnamon Bun flavor, and it was an amazing taste! This was like a treat that I looked forward too at night, it tasted like a nice guilty pleasure. There was a very very minor chalky aftertaste, but hardly noticeable.

Mixability: This always appears to mix easily at first, but always clumped at the bottom slightly. I tend to have to shake it up again before every sip, and still have this clumping problem. No matter which shaker I used (the one with the ball in it or the one with the vent on top) same issue. Not even hot water would get rid of this clump, I always had to get a sponge and wipe it out. This was irritating especially because I drank this with my ZMA before bed, and wanted to go upstairs to sleep and not mess around with jamming my hand which does not fit into the shaker, into the said shaker to wipe it out. Its just too thick! I know that this is common in Casein, but just something that bugged me.

Dosing: I took one scoop around 30-60 minutes before bed. The instructions call for basically whenever you want with 10-12 oz of water. I typically did around 12oz of water, i do that with most supplements. No issues with the doses.

Gaging the effectiveness of any type of Protein is always a challenge. This is where the product did decently in my eyes, i am sure the rest of the paragraphs seem very doom and gloom. Bear in mind with my current diet, Casein is not an every night event for me, I plugged it in on the days I needed more Protein. Hence why 26 servings lasted me 45 days. The nights I did take this I would wake up not full, but not hungry either. The nights I did not take this I would wake up pretty hungry, almost even Hangry. The fact that I woke up slightly full proves to me that it is slow digesting. So end of the day it does its job.

I bought this in a stack from bodybuilding.com. If you have read my other reviews you will notice i say this about most of the products, because this is one of the last products left in that stack (Spoiler Alert: the other being Orange Triad, review Coming Soon to an SR Near you). I paid $26.25 for 2lbs of this which is about 26 servings. This comes out to $1.01 per serving. This is a bit steep in my opinion, especially for a Casein that appears very standard and almost sub par to me. EDIT: Thanks to advice from Smashley, I did do a review and price comparison of prices of Casein. This is around one of the cheapest deals you can find, so it is decent value. I still only give it a 7, when I start combining value with quality. I am a big quality over quantity guy. Thanks Smashley!

Side Effects

This does give me some funky smelling gas at night, which I am sure made my wife and dog very pleased. Well maybe my dog liked it, who knows, who am I to get in the head of a dog!! This of course is dependent person to person, just one small issue for me, very minor also, so no big deal here.

Conclusion

Bottom Line is, yes this Casein does its job for a nice tasting, slow digesting Night Time Protein. The Ingredients leave a lot to be desired, and should be tweaked and made more efficient if this wants to be a competitor in this realm. Taste is phenomenal, mixability could use some work, and it appeared to be effective, from what I could surmise. The value is a bit steep, it seems your paying a lot for low quality. I am glad I did a lot of research, thanks to joining SR (its making me smarter), because originally I loved the taste and if this was consistent in my stack, then I would be on my second 2.2lb tub. I am moving to a cutting diet this summer and will incorporate Casein regularly in my diet, and this product will not be considered. I will never buy this again. Its not enough for me NOT to recommend it, but its enough for me to give it a Meh. If you get this at a cheap rate or Free, then rock it out, the Soy Lecithin won't hurt you (its in a ton of daily products), but when you have options that don't have a BS ingredients or fillers, then go that route!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Filling
  • Clumping
  • Uses GMO Ingredients
  • High Sodium

I lift 5-6 days a week and will typically drink 2-3 shakes of Protein a day. I have become a fan of Jym products recently with their high quality ingredients and transparency on their labels. This was the first blended protein I tried vs using Whey and Casein. Of note, this falls under WHEY Protein on the site, when it should be under Blended.

Overall you get 24g of Protein per scoop. The Protein breakdown is 7.5g Whey Protein Isolate, 7g Micellar Casein, 7g Milk Protein Isolate, and 2.5g Egg White Protein. So that breaks down to 50% Whey, 40% Casein, and 10% egg proteins. Each scoop also contains 140 calories, which is not too bad in my opinion. As always with Jym products, all ingredients are listed out on the label (see included pictures) and each ingredient is of high quality (at least it always feels that way with the results and taste). The ingredients here are pretty standard for a blend, and there is nothing that makes it Stand out from the rest. I took a look at Ronnie Colemans Pro Antium, and it contains 5g of Creatine, and ingredients like that make it stand out from the competition.

Taste: So I tried two flavors while running my last stack, they were Cookies n Cream and Red Velvet Cake. The Cookies n Cream was INSANE, and was the best tasting protein I have ever had. I only had 2lbs of it and loved it so much I went ahead and ordered 4lbs of Red Velvet Cake. I love all things Red Velvet, and this was disappointing. I am not sure why I thought a Protein and Red Velvet Cake should be a great combo, but I learned my lesson. It was not great, it was not bad, it was just bland, but very drinkable. It did not knock my socks off like Cookies n Cream.

Mixability: The directions recommend 6-12oz water per scoop. I tried it with around 8-10oz at first, and found that it was clumpy at the bottom still. I used between 12-16oz of water on average, and had no issues with clumping or bottom residue. So, my advice is to use a minimum of 12oz water.

Dosing: I used one scoop upon wakeup, which was also my Pre workout, since I workout first thing in the morning. I used another scoop post workout. The directions recommend one scoop upon wakeup, one scoop pre workout, one scoop post workout, and one scoop before bed. It also states you can use 1-2 scoops between meals. I supplement my protein between meals with a Protein Bar, or more recently a Lenny & Larry Cookie. So nothing out of the ordinary here, just use as normal.

Ok, so disclaimer here is i used this protein in a stack with a multivitamin, fish oil, creatine, PWO, and BCAAs. I did end up gaining around 8 pounds of lean muscle in 6.2 lbs of use of this protein, which took around 38 days. I was on a new workout program as well that does more lifting than I am used to and I did not do any cardio due to previous injuries. So there are obviously a lot of factors at play here, but what I can say is this Protein did its job. I did not lose weight and this protein truly did supplement my diet, but getting my clean, quality protein first thing in the morning and post workout, when it is truly important. I imagine everyone has a hard time reviewing protein and saying, Yes, this did the job by itself, but it did not do anything negative. So if you are looking to give this a shot, you should, its good, quality protein.

This becomes one of the biggest sticking points of the product. I got 2lbs of Cookies n Cream from BB.com in a stack for $29.54, so thats roughly 25 servings, and comes out to $1.18 per serving. I then bought 4lb of Red Velvet Cake flavor from Amazon for $55.06, roughly 50 servings, coming out to about $1.10 per serving. So buying in bulk really only saves you 8 cents per serving, a couple bucks essentially. Comparing this to Ronnie Colemans Pro Antium, the price is about the same, but as i said in ingredients at least Pro Antium has stand out ingredients such as Creatine, to make it a little more bang for your buck rather than standard proteins. If you were to use the recommended servings per day, about 4, this product would not last long at all. So, yes this is expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Side Effects

None at all.

Conclusion

Overall, this Protein Blend did its job. There is nothing included in this blend that makes it stand out from the rest, its your basic ingredients of a blended protein. This feels of high quality, and is pretty expensive. I would recommend this product if your looking for a high quality blended protein and you had some extra money to burn. I will likely go back to Whey Protein Isolate and Casein proteins after this, and likely will not try this again unless there is a great deal out there!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste Great
  • Good Profile
  • Tastes Good
  • Transparent Blend
  • A Bit Pricey

I am 37 years old and lift 5-6 times a week. This was the first product by Carbon that I had ever used and it came in a stack deal from bodybuilding.com. I am currently on a program that runs in 8 day cycles, with 1-2 rest days per 8 day period, so having a BCAA that aids in recovery is a big deal to me. This product did not disappoint, so without further ado, lets get into it!!

The notable ingredients in this product are Leucine (4g), Citrulline Malate (3g), Valine (2g), Isoleucine (2g), Carnitine L-Tartrate (as Carnipure) (1g), and Cherry Pure Tart Cherry Powder (480mg). Finding this ratio of 2:1:1 Leucine:Valine:Isoleucine is not uncommon in BCAA products, and fairly standard. Comparing Recover to my current BCAA (Intrablast by Nutrabio), Recover has a little bit more per serving that Intrablast which is nice and truly does aid in DOMS recovery, which we will get into below under effectiveness. The presence of Citrulline Malate is a nice addition, as some other BCAA products I have used typically do not include this, and I read about how essential Citrulline Malate truly is to reduce muscle soreness. The Carnipure and Cherry Powder also aid in recovery.

I tried the Blueberry Pomegranate flavor, and I thought it tasted great. If you do not like Blueberry Pomegranate to begin with, you will probably not like it, so obviously get whichever flavor suits you best. I found I had to shake Recover a little extra to ensure it mixed correctly with no remnants on the bottom, but I typically shake up my shakes a ton prior to drinking it, and during, its mostly an OCD thing on my part. Dosing is simple as its recommended one scoop with 10-12 oz of water, during or after training. I used this immediately after training and it worked out fine. I would recommend sticking with at least 10 oz of water for flavor and mixability ease. I did not try any less water, so cannot say for sure it would mix poorly, but I typically like to use a lot of water with my BCAAs.

I used this in a stack with a multivitamin, creatine, fish oil, blend protein, and a PWO. I started a new workout program (Project Mass on bb.com) when I got this stack and it was a lot more intense with lifting than most programs I have done in the past. I was certain, that no matter what I took I was goingt o be sore as hell, but honestly, as long as I took Recover it truly was not an issue. The first week I did feel slight DOMS (of course) but by week 2 of my program and of Recover it truly seemed to buff out and I actually got used to very minor soreness. I at no point had DOMS to the point where I could not work out when I was supposed to. So, overall, effectiveness was great. I cannot be certain that this product does aid in lean body mass, aiding in muscle protein synthesis, or support androgen receptor density in muscle cells, but what I CAN be certain is that this product will no kidding reduce DOMS and aid in muscle recovery. Very effective product, and the quality of the ingredients seem to be one of the top when it comes to the world of BCAAs.

Like I had said, this came as part of a stack from bodybuilding.com and it cost me $24.49 for a 30 day supply coming out to 82 cents a serving. Not bad and not great in my opinion if you look at it from a purely money stand point. If you combine this price with the effectiveness and quality of this product, then its a great deal in my opinion. You can even see deals on this product right now as bodybuilding has this at 20% off currently coming out to $21.59 for a 30 day supply, so an even better deal than I got. So there should be no reason you cannot get a great value or deal on this product.

Side Effects

I had no side effects using Recover. If you count the ability to hit the gym 5-6 days a week without muscle soreness crushing you and hurting your workouts, then its a positive side effect.

Conclusion

I have of course heard of Layne Norton, but not his product line of Carbon before. Reading the title of the product, Carbon Recovery, and seeing how simple the product label was, I was a little unsure at first because it almost seemed to be a generic BCAA. This was some weird subliminal thing on my part, but after using the 30 day supply of Recovery, I can say without a doubt that this product has to be one of the best BCAAs on the market today. So do not let your silly subliminal mind fool you if it needs some flashy label and name, because its like the saying "Never judge a book by its cover." That remains true fact, and after trying a few other BCAA products, just to broaden my experience, I plan to move back to Carbon Recover in the future. I am even tempted to expand my horizons on the Carbon line as a whole thanks to Recovery. So thank you to Layne Norton for a high quality and very effective BCAA product and I recommend to anyone that has not tried this that needs some serious recovery help to go give this a shot, you will not be disappointed.
  • Increased Recovery
  • Great Value

I am a 37 year old who lifts 5-6 days a week. Fish Oil is known to us in the Military as the Miracle Pill, since it is said it does so much for you! Most of this is not proven, but effects are best seen with long term use. Fish Oil can aid with things like Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) to better memory, to high blood pressure etc.. It does a whole lot!! Omega Jym is one of the most high quality and very effective Omega 3's I have taken in the years.

Omega Jym breaks down the Omega 3's in the following way: 750mg DHA, 750mg EPA, and 150mg DPA per serving (2 pills), and you should take it twice a day giving you a daily total of 1500mg DHA/EPA and 300mg DPA. It is said that you should aim for at least 500mg per serving of EPA/DHA with the goal of gatting 1,000 - 2,000mg of EPA/DHA daily. This pill does that perfectly giving you the nice daily totals for maximum effect. One thing to note is, like all other Jym products I have taken, this product spells out the amounts and types of Omega 3's in the pills instead of saying what i typically see of OTHER Omega-3 Fatty Acids listed. Nice transparency! I am currently taking Intelligent Labs Ultra Pure Omega-3, which only gives you 816mg DHA, 1224mg EPA, and OTHER Omega-3 Fatty Acids of 210mg per day. Realistically, after this comparison, I will likely go back to Omega Jym after this, I just wanted to try the #1 Fish Oil on the site to see what all the hooplah is about.

This is probably my only complaint of the product, and its just a personal preference. I HATE taking pills more than once a day, I have a hard time remembering to take it during lunch or dinner, while I never forget in the morning. The directions are take two soft gels twice daily with meals. While its no big deal for most people, I like to take my pills once a day in the morning. If you have better habits than me and have no issue with taking pills twice a day, then this is not even an issue!

It is hard to judge the effectiveness of Fish Oil, because the effects are so long term and subtle. Omega Jym claims to aid in Health, Brain Power, and Circulatory Support. What I can say, is i felt great while taking this and was not sick or anything weird. So I cannot say for a fact that it aided in any of this, but I did see my blood pressure drop slightly, and my memory did not get any worse. I have had 6 x TBIs int he last 18 years, so I take this pill very serious, and I did not see any degradation. I have found that if I do not take Fish Oil I do start to forget words here and there rarely, and my short term memory sucks! One thing I did notice, and its hard to say if its because of this or my Multivitamin (Orange Triad) is no Joint Pain. I have a bad left shoulder and bad left ankle, that always tend to hurt after lifting for a few weeks. The 30 days of taking this, i had NO joint pain, which was awesome for me. Since I have switched Fish Oil pills, my shoulder and ankle are starting to ache again, so this proves that the Fish Oil had a lot to do with it!

I got this as part of a stack on bodybuilding.com for $18.13 for a 30 days supply, which comes out to 60 cents a day, or 30 cents per serving. For the transparency and high quality of Omega 3's per serving, I say this is an awesome deal. For the most part Jym products are reasonably priced, and they all come with such quality, you truly get what you pay for at a minimum, and you really get a bang for your buck!

Side Effects

The one thing i noticed is if I took this after I ate breakfast or Dinner, I would have those unfortunate Fish Taste Burps. I found if I took it before I ate I would not have those burps. So that is the easy fix!

Conclusion

Fish Oil aka the Miracle Pill, is very important for anyone and everyone no matter what you do in life. Omega Jym gives you high quality and the perfect amounts of Omega 3's you need for maximum effect daily. While this pill may not be perfect (have to take it twice a day, fish burps are possible) it really is a great deal and shows you all the ingredients in each serving. End of the day, I will be moving back to this pill in the near future, and while effectiveness is tough to judge, this will give you the long term effects you want/desire from Fish Oil. This is a Must Buy and Must Try for anyone out there!
    • Helps With Joint Pain
    • Fishy Burps Possible

I had gotten this in a Stack from bodybuilding.com and this was the first and only product from EVL I have tried. I was happy with the results, but in my opinion its run of the mill Creatine. I lift 5-6 days a week, do not do much Cardio (due to injuries over the years from 18 years of Military Service), so Supplements are becoming important.

I will start by saying no Prop blends, which I am a huge fan of just laying it all out there, so Thank You EVL! So the big ingredients to talk about here is the blend of Creatine: Creatine Monohydtate (3000mg) and Creatine Anhydrous (1000mg). This may be my lack of knowledge of the in's and out's of the Creatine World, but I do not like this about the label: Magnesium (as Creatine MagnaPower, magnesium creatine chelate) at 80mg and Magnesium Creatine Chelate (Creatine MagnaPower) at 1000mg. This appears to be the same to me, so my point being, you should not have to be a Creatine EXPERT to understand ingredients. That's my only knock of this product really, small things I know.

Had the Unflavored, and it mixed so easily with my Protein Post Workout. No issues here, one scoop and done. The only way it could be easier would be if a robot fed you post workout!

So I did this as part of a stack, so I can't give the Creatine all the credit but it gets a majority of the lions share here. I am 6'2", started at 228 and am now rocking about 242, and lost fat along the way. I have the beauty of bigger arms and legs at this point. I believe a lot of that has to do with this Creatine. It was no water weight, that showed up the first couple weeks and then broke off, these results are 4 weeks in, and this tub was done before I saw it, which tells me that steady and consistent use is what got me here. This is why I call this a basic Creatine, because this will not knock your socks off, or be super noticeable, its just there, and then when your body is ready, BAM here you go, RESULTS. That's what matters in the end.

I had 60 servings of this, and about two weeks in, I decided to double up and take one scoop pre workout and one post. This week I did that I could almost feel the weight coming in, but almost in a bloated fashion, so after a week I stopped and went back to one scoop post. This was a rookie error on my part since I take a PWO that has creatine, so why over do it. End of the day this product will do everything you want it to do, and what you expect with one serving, so that's it bro's and gals!

So this value was amazing. I bought this as part of a stack from bodybuilding.com and it cost me $18.13 for 60 servings, which comes out to 30 cents a serving. I wish it was a quarter so I could tell you to skip that Gumball from the machine and get your Creatine, but close enough! About as cheap as cheap gets in my opinion for something that has decent qualities. There seems to be a lot of deals on bodybuilding.com for this product for even cheaper, so if you are in the market for a Creatine Blend, this is the deal out there guys!

Side Effects

None at all, unless that gain you are taking Creatine for is a side effect. So muscular gain people!!

Conclusion

My first EVL product, and pretty happy with it. Writing a review about Creatine is tough, its like writing about Fish Oil or a Multivitamin, the effects are so unnoticeable unless you are paying attention, but when results happen its incredible. I had great gains in strength and size with this in a stack of PWO, Blend Protein, Multi, Fish Oil, and ZMA and of course EVL Creatine. I chock most of the size gains to this product. It has been one week since I ran out and moved on to another Creatine, but I can happily report I have lost no size since then, so for those that say its all water weight, I say NO SIR, its GAINZ SON!!! Lastly, I see this product is called Crea+ my bottle says Creatine+ I know its the same poo, but to mitigate confusion, I even attached a pic. Bottom Line: Great Creatine Blend, Great Value, Great results. Just Do It (and no I do NOT work for NIKE). DaSlaya OUT!
    • Excellent Recovery
    • Great Size Gains
    • Possible Bloating At Higher Doses

Round 2: Unfortunately my last review suffered the fate of being, so hopefully this one will be just as good! I had bought a stack from bodybuilding.com a while back, and as you will see with all my reviews, I have finished that stack up, and it included some products from Jym. This was the first time I have used products from Jym and I must say that I am happy with the transparency, and quality ingredients as well as the effects! Z-Jym is no exception to that rule and worked the best out of all other ZMA's I have tried.

Pretty straight...

Pretty straight forward ingredients that you would find in ZMA. It contains 30mg of Zinc, 450mg Magnesium, and 10.5mg of B6. It also includes 5mg of BioPerine, which is claimed to help with absorption, but who really knows. What I really liked about the ingredients here is there are NO sleep aids involved. I have taken ZMA in the past with some Melatonin and other sleep aids, but this ZMA was just as effective without it, which I prefer.

Not much to say, very straight forward. 3 pills for males 30-60 minutes before bed time, and 2 for females. I found that within 30-45 minutes I was out like a light, so if you are like me and want to fall asleep watching TV, then take this as you get to bed! When I took this earlier than that, I missed plenty of shows over time.

Z-Jym was very effective the first 2 weeks I was on it. Within 30 minutes of taking the pills I was out like a light and slept great. I did notice though that I would wake up groggy and hungover as if I was out crushing beer in my sleep, but right at that two week mark, I got my results back from a sleep study. Turns out I have severe sleep apnea, so that constituted for those crappy morning feelings not the product. I bring that up to say that it is actually a PLUS for the product, since it managed to put me asleep with severe sleep Apnea. Thanks Jim!!! The last couple weeks on the product, it would take me closer to 45 minutes to fall asleep, likely my body adjusting to the doses. I found that a combination of this and my CPAP, I would wake up ready to crush it in the gym. Its been a week since I have taken it, and my mornings are not nearly as energetic! I do recommend getting at least 6 hours of sleep when taking this though, I have found over the years that anything less you will have that groggy/hungover feeling.

I also want to point out how effective this product is with no sleep aids involved. I have found plenty of debates on the internet of ZMA vs Melatonin, which one is better and can I take both! From my stand point, if you take Melatonin, it works great, however, your body produces Melatonin and if you take it over a long period of time you run the risk of your body producing less Melatonin to none at all. So that is a long term side effect. I have found with ZMA that is not the case at all, hence why I really like how effective this is without Melatonin or L-Theanine or other sleep aids. So, thank you Mr. Stoppani for allowing me to have a great sleep aid without a weird side effect!

I got this in a stack, and it came out to be $15.78 for 90 pills (30 day supply), which is roughly 52 cents a serving. To me that's a great deal, not the best, but great in my book hence the 8.3 for value. End of the day its quality over quantity, and this is the nice middle ground!

Side Effects

None noted. People have stated they experienced vivid and realistic dreams, but I did not experience any of that. The only side effect is amazing sleep!

Conclusion

Overall, Z-Jym claims it is designed to maximize muscle strength and support recovery. I would state that its a true statement, since the more rested you are the stronger you will be in the morning and the more you will recover. My DOMS was not so bad when using this, and I even had started a new routine of lifting 6 days a week on an 8 day micro cycle. I will reiterate that this is the best ZMA I have tried to date, and if you are looking for some High Quality and Highly effective ZMA, then this is your best bet!! If your wondering why its only an 8.2, its because I am a tough grader!!
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Better Recovery
    • Better Sleep
    • Fully Disclosed
    • Higher Quality Ingredients

I found out about SR through a simple Google Search when looking to get QUALITY reviews on supplements from REAL people. I decided I wanted to be part of the community and give out some quality reviews myself, to help out with other lifters looking for the same information i was. My fitness goals currently are to build strength and muscle. I can no longer run (due to injuries over the years), so i focus on lifting now, and will move to getting more ripped this summer. Like anyone else, I want to have that nice body you can be proud of, with the strength to match in the gym. This is my first review, next I plan to review JYM ZMA, EVL Creaine, JYM Whey Protein, and Dymatize Casein.

The one thing to note in the ingredients is Beta Alanine (2.4g) and Arginine AKG (1.5g) per serving. I could feel the Beta Alanine when using the product, so it at least gave me the mindset that the product was working. The product also contains some Creatine Nitrate (1.5g), but all these seem to be pretty standard in pre-workouts these days. This was the first and only Cellucor supplement I have taken, so their Explosion Blend seemed decent, but left a lot to be desired once my body got used to it. I included an image of the product label for the full breakdown.

I am in the gym at 6am each morning, so that means I start to drink my PWO no later than 0530. The fruit punch flavor was pretty tart, maybe because it is early in the morning, but it was hard to drink at first. I eventually got used to it and found using around 8 - 10 oz of water versus the recommended 4 - 6 oz was the key to make it more drinkable. This is definitely not a PWO to slam and go, you have to sip on this one!

I had no issues mixing the product in a standard shaker with water. Sometimes I would notice clumps at the bottom of my shaker, but I typically re-shake before every sip (probably just my OCD) to ensure the product does not settle at the bottom. With this method i had no issues.

I started out the first 2 x weeks with the product taking 1 scoop. By the third week I had noticed the effects were minimal at best, and then moved to 2 scoops per dose. My body seemed to adapt to this product very quickly, and really lost its effectiveness, which we will get into more below.

My first two weeks on using C4 50x, I really enjoyed it. This was my first Cellucor supplement, and I was impressed with the pumps and focus and energy that I would get using this. By week three it all changed. I had to bump the doses up to 2 scoops, and even then it did not seem to do much in the gym. Even that nice Beta Alanine tingling in the back of my neck was barely noticeable. My body truly adapted to this product, and it lost its effectiveness fast. This was a disappointment since it started off so strong, but everyone should be aware that this product tends to fizzle out.

I got this in a stack from bodybuilding.com and it ended up being $27.21 for 30 servings. That comes out to about 91 cents a scoop which is not bad in my opinion, but once I moved to 2 scoops, and it cost me $1.82 each day, it seemed way too pricey. I would expect more benefits from a product if it is going to cost me this much! Like the effectiveness in the product, very good value at first, but it fizzles out later.

Side Effects

Like most PWOs this product caused me to be on the toilet almost immediately after finishing my dose. My first week on this seemed to tear me up a bit, but that was just my body getting used to it. The second week i was okay, and got into a rhythm. Once I bumped to 2 scoops I noticed I had bathroom breaks post shaker, and in the beginning of my workout sessions which irritated me. No other noticeable side effects.

Conclusion

When I first started to take this PWO, it gave me focus, strength, and a great pump. I was impressed with Cellucor and excited to try their other products later on. After two weeks, this PWO lost its effectiveness and really became a waste of time. The effects became minimal and it was used more like a morning cup of coffee (to just get up and go, not so much for a boost) prior to the gym. I am glad I finished my little tub, and will likely not try a Cellucor PWO again!
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Simple Profile
      • Great Strength At First
      • Heavy Dyes And Flavoring
      • More Than A Single Scoop May Be Required For Desired Results
      • Loses Effectiveness Over Time