DaSlaya

MVRs

Completed Missions

Votes Cast

*Rookie League

Comments

*Rookie League

TROOPer Level

First Bloods

Answers

Try Requests

*Rookie League

*Rookie League = only among other members in their first year on SR. DaSlaya will be eligible for rookie league trophies for another 175 days.

Reviews by DaSlaya

Thanks to Raw Synergies for sending it out!
  October 9, 2017

• Increased Focus
  • All Natural Ingredients

38 years old and I lift 4 days a week and do conditioning 2-3 times a week. I workout at 6am each morning, so having a good PWO to get my butt in gear is always a good thing. I look for one that can motivate me and get me moving, more than a simple cup of coffee can do. When I see companies and products I have never heard of, I like to give them a shot. When I saw that Raw Synergies were offering Thermopre, a thermogenic fat burner plus PWO, I had to give it a shot. Thank you to Raw Synergies and the TROOPer program for making this possible.

----Ingredient Profil...

First, a shout out to Raw Synergies for having a fully transparent label, always great to see. So kudos to you guys for that! I find most of the ingredients here pretty interesting, so lets break them down. Each serving size is based off two scoops.

Beta Alanine (1.6g) - Building block of carnosine, a molecule that helps buffer acid in muscles, increasing physical performance in the 60-240 second range. It can also aid in lean mass gain. Typically you want 2-5g daily of Beta Alanine, so I think this is a bit underdosed here, unless you take another source of Beta Alanine. Would like to see this bumped up to at least 2g, or the normal 3.2g we have gotten used to.

Acetyl-L Carnitine (1g) - Also known as ALCAR, this is involved in energy metabolism and mitochondrial protection. Of note, supplementation of this does not burn fat unless the individual is deficient. The standard dose here is 500mg - 2g daily, so the dosage here is fine.

MCT 70% Powder (357mg) - Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT) are free fatty acids that are quickly digested, then absorbed and transported to the liver by blood. Medium chain fatty acids are readily oxidised in the liver for energy and not stored as fat. Typically you see MCT Powder used for weight management, but as you can see this also gives you some energy. I could not find any true documentation on dosages here, but I think this is a nice addition for this product. The minimum standard is 68% powder, so always nice to see an ingredient slightly higher than the minimum standard.

KSM-66 Ashwaghanda Extract (300mg) - Some of the benefits here are help to promote a healthy response to everyday stress, over-work and fatigue, support normal levels of mental clarity, concentration, and alertness, helps support normal levels of vigor and performance, and finally helps to enhance sports performance. I personally do not have any experience taking this, and I could not find recommended dosage here either. Again, a nice ingredient, that you do not commonly see in a PWO.

Natural Caffiene (250mg) - We all know what caffiene is for, THAT ENERGY BABY!! This caffiene comes from Coffee Arabica, so its like drinking 2.5 cups of coffee. I gotta say, normally natrual caffiene sources do not do much for me especially under 300mg, but as you will see below, Raw Synergies got it right here, I felt this energy!! So yeah, NICE ingredient.

Cognizin Citcholine (150mg) - This was originally developed in Japan for strokes. This is a nootropic used for Alzheimers disease and other types of dementia, head trauma, cerebrovascular disease such as stroke, age-related memory loss, Parkinsons disease, ADHD, and Glaucoma. So yeah, pretty big list here, and a powerful nootropic. For actual mental clarity for working out, I do not know a good dosage here, as only dosages I could find were for specific brain illnesses.

Yerba Mate Powder (100mg) - Used for relieveing fatigue, and aids in heart failure, irregular heartbeat, and low blood pressure. Naturally, there is insufficient evidence to prove this. As well, no daily dosing recommendations are known at this point.

Theacrine (75mg) - Not a lot is known about this currently, but Theacrine is an alkaloid structurally simlilar to caffeine, and preliminary evidence suggests that it activates similar signalling pathways. So, this may have potential when more studies are done, and again no dosing is known here either.

Capsimax Capsicum (50mg) - The big ingredient for weight management. It is fairly new at this point, at least to me, but it leverages the potent themorgenic properties of capsaicin, the chemical responsible for the hot sensation induced by spicy foods. This is said to elevate the metabolic response of the body, thereby increasing net energy exepnditure. I could not find any dosage recommendations here either.

Bioperine Black Pepper (5mg) - Finally, you need something to help you absorb all the ingredients here, so the proven Bioperine does just this.

All in all, there are some unique and quality ingredients included here. As stated there are all natural ingredients and nothing that is banned. I would like to see the beta-alanine dosage bumped up a bit, but as far as I can tell everything else seems alright. (8.5/10)

Taste: Okay, so this is where I had some significant issues with ThermoPre. I know some say, who cares about taste if the product works, but honestly in the day and age where supplements can be effective and taste great at the same time, that old thought process should be gone. But that being said, this is just one aspect of the the overall review. I recieved Fruit Punch flavor, and did not enjoy the taste at all. It left a weird chemical taste in my mouth after I drank it, it was pretty terrible. I was able to chug through it each morning, but did not enjoy the experience nor the after taste. (2/10)

Mixability: It mixed in a shaker just fine. I typically used 6-10oz of water, depending on how fast I wanted to get through it. No issues here.

Dosing: The dosing is two scoops for the full ingredient profile. I normally did 2 scoops on this, but during my Deload week I tried this with one scoop. Honestly, I think if you took this at two scoops before your big workouts and one scoop on your cardio or non training days, then you would benefit more from the fat loss properties here. I normally would not like two scoop PWO's but its nice to be able to adjust the caffeine intake based off scoops, so that is a benefit here.

So reading the ingredient profile, I was not real sure how this was all going to workout. I can say that I was pleasently surprised at how effective ThermoPre truly was, as long as you can get through the taste. The best way to judge the effectiveness of this product is to break it down by time frame, and then by the claims of the product.

Weeks 1 - 2 - This got me amped up. Not in a crazy jittery way, but enough to get me motivated to get to the gym and to get me through my workouts. The focus was not as intense here, but I never once felt that I had to force myself to finish my workouts, rather my workouts just ended, and I still could have done more. Honestly, in week 2 it felt I was getting more energy at this pound, like this had some compounding effect on my system.

Week 3 - Completion - Towards the end of week 3, I noticed the effects had calmed down slightly. It still gave me enough energy to get up and go to the gym, but the feeling was not as intense. Its like anything else, your body is going to adjust to the formula, but you are still going to see some good results here.

As I said above, I also took one scoop of this during my deload week, and even then it gave me a slight energy boost. Thats a good choice for those that workout late at night and do not want 250mg of caffiene in their system. Its also not a bad idea if you took this product daily to get the benefits from its fat burning. I did not take this on my true rest days, and thought of this idea when I was finishing the tub, but not a bad idea.

So yes, this is an effective pre work out, as far as being a good thermogenic, I cannot really say. You would want to take this daily, not just on workout days, to see the full effects. Overall, this product surprised me, I would not rate it as one of the best PWO's I have ever taken, but I would say this is an above average PWO. Also if you are looking for a product with more natural ingredients than its competitors that works, then this is a good choice for you. (8/10)

I can only find this for sale on Amazon for $29.99 for 24 servings. You can get it for $28.49 if you subscribe, but likely you would not subscribe to a PWO. For the $29.99 price it comes out to $1.25 per serving. The value here does not excite me too much, maybe if this had 30 servings then yeah it would be good. You would want a PWO to be at the $1 or less per serving price point, so this is a bit high in my book. However, it is touted as all natural, and yes it does have some quality ingredients so I can see the justification of the higher price tag. In such a saturated market right now there are other competitors out there with highly effective PWO that are well known and cheaper. (7/10)

Side Effects

I had some minor GI issues, but I have this problem every single time I take a PWO with caffiene in it. So nothing really shocking here, and may just be my genetics.

Conclusion

All in all a pretty nice product from Raw Synergies. I believe they are a newer company, so they are off to a good start. This had a lot of ingredients I was not familiar with in it, but it did a nice job as a PWO. This company definitely intrigues me, and I may start to look into their other products. The price is a bit high currently, assuming its because they are new to the industry, but this does work. I recommend this product if you are looking for an all natural PWO. I hope you guys can get the taste figured out though, because it definitely makes me think twice to try this again!

October 9, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Hydration
  • Increased Recovery
  • Interesting Ingredients
  • Amazing Taste
  • Proprietary Blends

38 years old and I lift 4 times a week, and try to do conditioning on the other days. I take my BCAA's very serious, as I know a good product will aid my recovery and help me keep crushing those weights, while a poor product will do me no good and I will be too sore during the week. Ronnie Colemans Signature Series line has intrigued me, so I wanted to give some of his products a shot. Lets see how this Amino Toned me up.

You get a nice dose of B vitamins here as well as some magnesium and Niacin. There are three blends in here and 25mg of Astragin to help you absorb all the goodies. Two of the three blends are not fully disclosed on the label, which is not a big deal since the important BCAA blend is fully disclosed, but I still would like to see 100% of the label be transparent. However, I do understand why blends exist due to business models and what not.

Instantized BCAA's (as InstAminos) (5,000mg) - This is the reason you buy this product, the big 3 BCAAs. They come in at the standard 2:1:1 ratio of 2500mg Leucine, 1250mg IsoLeucine, and 1250mg Valine. Leucine plays an important role in muscle protein synthesis, while isoleucine induces glucose uptake into cells. The Valine in the red headed step child here, as more research is needed to even know what this does for you. Valine just takes some BCAA credit while the true workhorses are Leucine and Isoleucine.

INTRA-Training Performance & Hydration Complex (3,785mg) - This blend consists of Taurine, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Citrate, Magnesium Phosphate & HICA (Alpha-Hydroxy-Leucine Calcium Salt). Taurine is mostly used to reduce cramping caused by fat burners, like ephedrine. It also increases blood flow in diabetics. You do not want to exceed 3g of this daily, so I do wish that the actual dosage was mentioned in here. Potassium Phosphate helps control the amount of calcium in the body and urine, while Sodium Citrate is used to make urine less acidic. I could not find any information on Magnesium Phosphate at all. Finally HICA is a metabolite of Leucine, meaning its produced in the body in a chemical pathway starting with Leucine. The benefits are all un-researched of course, but it appears it helps to increase lean mass.

STIM-Free Fat Loss Support Complex (3,180mg) - This blend has Alanine, Raspberry Ketones, Choline Bitartrate, Coleus Forskohill & Inositol. Alanine is a non essential amino acid that can be an effective nutrient supporting an intensive training regime and achieve muscle growth. For Raspberry Ketones, there is a lot of debate on what these do if anything at all. Studies show that i can replicate the effects of Ephedrine of Synephrine in the human body, but that has only been seen in vitro (in a test tube), no studies exist for orally taking this. Choline Bitartrate is taken for general health purposes, and Coleus Forskohill is an herb used in traditional medicine that may boost testosterone and induce fat loss, particularly in men. Inositol
is a small molecule structurally similar to glucose that is involved in cellular signalling. It does a myriad of things like lowering anxiety and blood pressure.

Overall, not a bad profile. Definitely some ingredients in here I am not used to seeing, and I like the addition of HICA. (8/10)

Taste: I bought the Cherry Limeade flavor. Normally this flavor is very hit and miss, but I must say I enjoyed drinking this. However, I did find if I drank this intra workout and was in a very hot gym then the taste would almost be too sweet for me. Most times though in a normal temperature gym it tasted great. (8.5/10)

Mixability: No issues here, mixed very well by itself and with Super Carb by Nutrabio. Water, Scoop in, shake a couple times done, no weird residue or anything. However, I did get some minor dye stain on my shakers, but they washed right off.

Dosing: Mostly I took this intra workout, 1 scoop, but on days I would forget I would just take it after. Honestly, I never noticed a difference of when I took it on my recovery time, so really take it as you see fit on your schedule. The hydration part adds a little more emphasis on taking this intra, but maybe you like hydration post workout, so a good BCAA to be taken based off your needs.

For me, the best way to gauge a BCAA is recovery, and with this Hydration as well. Recovery wise, I thought this did a nice job. Normally with 5g of total BCAAs I find myself having to take 2 servings a day (10g) to really fight off DOMS, but with Amino Tone, I was good to go with one 5g serving a day. Yeah I would be a little sore, but thats just life, not even close to the point where I could NOT workout. I believe its the addition of AstraGin that really made the difference here. This is the first product I have taken with AstraGin, and its a pretty awesome addition.

Hydration wise, it did okay. I have taken intra and post supps for hydration, and this did not make me pee as much, nor make me feel super hydrated, but what it did do is maintain my baseline of hydration, if that makes sense. I would not have to run to pee during my lifts taking this intra, nor would this cause me to have excessive bathroom trips post workout. But if I did not drink as much water it was fine, as I would not cramp up or have that dehydrated feeling as long as I took this. So it did its job, not above and beyond here, but good enough!

Fat loss, I did not notice a difference at all. I would imagine if you couple this with a Fat Loss Supplement there could be some great synergy, but I did not notice anything by itself. It never hurts to have it in there, but not a selling point of the product. (8.7/10)

I actually picked this up on Supplements Geeks on a sale for $25.99 plus lifting straps and a shaker. I was sad that the shaker and lifting straps were not from RCSS, but its all good. For 30 servings that comes out to 87 cents a day. Not bad in my opinion. It is a flooded market but what stands out here is the AstraGin and the fact I could take my 5g daily vs 10g of BCAAs daily and feel the same effects all due to the absorption properties. So that is great in my book plus it tasted awesome. Right now you can get it for $20.45 at Allstar Health, which is an amazing deal. So yeah Value, YUP!! (9/10)

Side Effects

Conclusion

Ronnie has done it again. This aided my in my recovery and kept me inline with my hydration. The Fat loss aspect really is not there, but I doubt that is why you take an Amino. I enjoyed the flavor of Cherry Limeade for ONCE, and would recommend this product to everyone. I have been impressed with the RCSS line so far trying King Whey, Resurrect P.M., and now Amino Tone. I have the Amino Tone + Energy in the closet, so plan to run that in the future. Thanks again Big Ron keep up the good work of quality ingredients, and fair prices.

Thanks to BN Labs for sending it out!
  October 5, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Protein Per Serving
  • Does Not Digest Well

38 years old and I lift 4 times a week, and try to do conditioning 2-3 times a week. I have a buddy who is lactose intolerant and started to ask me for alternative protein supplements outside of Whey. I realized I had never tried any Vegan type protein before, and about a week later I saw BN Labs offering up their Vegan Protein. So I thought I would round myself out as a supplement reviewer and give it a shot. Thank you to BN Labs and the TROOPer program for this opportunity.

Each Serving (36g Scoop) contains 134 Calories, 2g Total Fat, ...

Each Serving (36g Scoop) contains 134 Calories, 2g Total Fat, 2g Total Carbohydrates, and 27g Protein. All in all not a bad macro profile here at all for a protein supplement. The Protein consists of a blend of Organic Pea protein Isolate, Organic Brown Rice Protein, Organic Hemp Protein, and Organic Spirulina Powder. So now you can see why this is a vegan protein. Pretty simple and straight forward, not much else to say here. It is nice to get 27g of Protein per scoop outside of a Whey Protein source. If you are looking for an alternative protein source to supplement then this one is Non-GMO, Soy-Free, and Gluten Free on top of being Vegan. (9/10)

Taste - I recieved the Caramel Lattle flavor. I was not a big fan of this at all. Some days I would absolutely hate it, other days I would like it, it really came down to my mood that day. Ultimately the taste is something different than I normally try for a Protein powder. It is not terrible, but was not great either, I would say just below average in the Protein world today. (5/10)

Mixability - This is where the protein got a little tricky. The powder would appear clumpy, but wouold mix right in with my shaker. However, I usually make my shake let it sit for a few minutes and sip on it for about 10 minutes. When I would let it sit longer than 30 seconds everything would start to settle on the bottom, and I would always have to re-shake it quite a bit to keep it mixed. I imagine this protein is designed for a blender maybe, but I never tried that. So make sure you keep shaking this guy and there would always be sediment at the bottom of the shaker cup upon completion. (7/10)

Dosing - The directions call to take this 1-3 times a day, obviously this all boils down to your diet and your actual protein supplement needs. I took this pre and post workout most days. One scoop each dose, no real issues here.

So I always rate my protein supplements based on digestion and how well it satisfies hunger.

Digestion - This did not seem to digest very well for me. After every dose, I would feel it sitting in the bottom of my stomch for about 10 minutes so it was slow to digest. Its possible it could be my body is not used to the protein source, but no change after a month of use. As well, I would find myself having to go to the bathroom after most doses another indicator it was not digesting well for me. Also, when I first started to take this protein it would give me some pretty bad gas, I think that was my body adjusting, but something to be aware of.

Hunger - This did satisfy hunger about on par with any other whey protein source I have taken. I could go about an hour or so without being hungry again which is typically the standard for me when taking a protein powder or bar supplement. Most times I was left with a slight stomach ache after taking this, so that could play a big part why I was not exactly starving after!

For recovery its hard to tell since I do take a separate BCAA source. I honestly did not notice a difference in recovery though not even in the slightest when taking this. Ultimately, I had a hard time getting through this protein powder. It may be due to me just not being used to alternative protein sources, but really it was tough for me to digest. (6/10)

I understand the marketing behind this since Whey Protein is widely available while Vegan Protein is not as much. Best I could find this was for $49.92 for 30 servings on Amazon. That comes out to $1.66 a serving. That is pretty steep in my opinion, even if this is a specialty protein blend. End of the day its just Protein and people can get around this by eating whole foods. So once you hit that threshold of over a dollar a serving, to me it gets crazy. So yeah, pretty steep price, for a protein that does not digest very well. (5.5/10)

Side Effects

You may experience bad gas once you start to initially take this until your body gets used to it. On most doses I would have some minor GI issues, which I never like to see in a protein. As well, you may experience a stomach ache. These were my experiences, and I realize that everyone is going to react differently.

Conclusion

Overall, if your choices are limited due to allergies, this is a clean protein source with a pretty nice ingredient profile. I like the 27g of Protein per dose, that is great. The true effectiveness in digestion falls short for me, so I am likely not going to try this again. I appreciate the opportunity to give this a shot though!

Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!
  October 4, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Full Label Disclosure
  • Pricey
  • Needs Higher Overall Creatine Dosage
  • Horrible Taste

38 years old and I lift 4 times a week, and try to do conditioning 2-3 times a week. Creatine is one of the proven supplements in our world, and its something that I try and maintain in my stack. In the last year or so I have been branching out from the traditional Creatine Monohydrate to the more fancier blends. Given VMI's good track record here on SR, once their SMART Creatine V.3 was being offered, I had to try it. Lets see how Smart this Creatine really is.

Pretty simple profile here and fully transparent. We have 1,200mg of Magnap...

Pretty simple profile here and fully transparent. We have 1,200mg of Magnapower (Magnesium Creatine-Chelate), 1,200mg of Creatine Citrate, 1,200mg of Creatine Pyruvate, and 200mg of Sodium Chloride. Why all the fancy Creatines versus the standard Creatine Monohydrate? Well, lets break each one down to see what it really does.

Magnapower (Magnesium Creatne-Chelate) - This process bonds magnesium to creatine which means it is absorbed via a different pathway compared to creatine mono. The idea here is that using a different transporter to get the creatine to the muscle cells, less is lost in transport and broken down into waste product creatine. Also, using magnesium creatine chelate can lead to greater absorption of creatine into muscle cells with less bloating and side effects associated with creatine mono. (http://www.predatornutrition.com/articlesdetail?cid=magnesium-creatine-chelate-vs-creatine-monohydrate)

Creatine Citrate - Creatine citrate is a creatine monohydrate molecule attached to a citric acid molecule. Both substances provides increase of energy production on the molecular level. The first one works on anaerobic pathways, the second on aerobic pathways. As the result of these processes, the muscle strength and endurance increases. Creatine citrate also better dissolves in water than the creatine monohydrate. (http://www.muscle-zone.com/creatine-citrate)

Creatine Pyruvate - This is creatine bound with pyruvic acid. This may produce higher plasma levels of creatine thatn monohydrate, but this does not translate into greater muscle absorption or performance enhancement. Studies comparing mono vs pyruvate have shown no difference in regards to muscle strength, size, and power in response to weight training of the two. However, using this over Monohydrate reduces the need to load.

Overall not a bad creatine blend, this gives you a total of 3.6g of Creatine per scoop. Of the three forms the pyruvate doesn't really excite me at all but I do like to see Citrate and Magnapower, as they are proven to be more effective than your standard Creatine Monohydrate. (8/10)

Taste - Okay, this is where the product went wrong for me. I recieved the Unflavored version, so I thought it would simply dissolve into whatever I mixed it with and I would not even notice it being there. Wrong!! This had a very chemical taste to it that took a lot of getting used to. I did not enjoy the taste of this at all. (2/10)

Mixability - For the most part this dissolved well in water and when mixed with either a PWO or Protein. However, a couple of times some of the clumps did not dissolve and I would get a clump of this stuff in my mouth towards the bottom of my shaker, which tasted terribly. So 80% of the time it mixed fine, but you had that 20% of the time where it would be a wildcard and give you a bad taste. (5/10)

Dosing - So at my weight of 240, I require about 8-10g of Creatine a day. What I decided to do here is to take 1 scoop on non training days, and 2 scoops (1 pre and 1 post) on training days. This seemed to work out the best and I did see some results which we wil talk about below. (8/10)

So we had some issues here with taste and mixability. As well when I received the tub, the scooper itself had Creatine caked inside it and would not dump out, so I had to take a knife to it to break it up. Not a big deal at all, but something to keep in mind. Also, I did see clumps throughout my usage in the tub, I would break them up and they would seem to form again, was real odd. I have attached a pic of both. Something in this is clumping it up and with my experience with those clumps not dissolving all the way, it did not make me happy.

Overall this creatine blend did its job. I felt no bloating ever, even on days I used two scoops. I did make some lean mass gains, but was also running an AI and a Mass Gainer for 2 weeks during this run, but i can safely say that some of the lean gains are from this Creatine. What I expect from Creatines are to gain some lean mass and likely a little water weight. I did not seem to gain much water weight, if any, next few days will truly determine it, but a couple days off of this I still have the same muscle fullness that I gained during this run. So in my eyes, this Creatine is very effective, if it was not for the clumping and the horrid taste I would love this stuff. Now lets talk label claims.

Features Triple Stage Creatine Algorithm - Okay, we can see this through teh different creatines in the blend, the idea here is that each one releases at a different pace. Hence the name SMART (Slow, Medium, Accelerated Release Technology). So sure, this is right.

Promotes Skin Tearing Muscle Fullness - Skin Tearing? hah, no, but I understnad its just marketing to say that. Yes, this is where the product did the best in my eyes, as I expereienced some nice muscle fullness.

Anti-Bloat Formula with Sodium-Chloride - Yup, just as I said above, I never once felt bloated. Even with Creatine Monohydrate in the past I have felt bloated when loading or taking multiple scoops. So this is a good benefit of taking the fancy creatine blends.

So, yes this product delivers to what its designed for and I had some pretty good results here. Very effective. (9/10)

Amazon has this product for $14.98 for 30 servings. That comes out to be 50 cents a serving. Thats not a bad price, while not great, but I say about average in the blend world. When comparing this with other Creatine Blend prices its pretty tough because the price ranges quite a bit depending on the product. So since we know this is effective as well, you get good value here. Now what hurts our value at the same time is the taste. I know most people do not care about taste if a product works, but I have had unflavored Creatine Blends in the past that were tasteless, so I know it can be done. (7.8/10)

Side Effects

None on the person, but you will get clumping in the tub, and at times it does not dissolve all the way in the shaker cup.

Conclusion

Very effective Creatine Blend, but something has to be done about the taste especially since this is unflavored. The chemical taste to it was not great, and honestly turns me off the product since I know I can find just as effective Creatine blends out there that do not taste like that at all. If that can be fixed then this is a pretty great product. If that is not an issue for you, then awesome but it is enough for me to make this a borderline product I would likely not purchase. I would be happy to try this again if the flavoring ever gets fixed. Thank you to VMI and the TROOPer program for this opportunity.

Overall
Thanks to Tropical Oasis for sending it out!
  October 3, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Okay Taste
  • Easy To Ingest
  • Amino Acids Included
  • 110 Ingredients!!
  • Missing A Few Key Vitamins

38 years old and I lift 4 times a week, and try and do some conditioning work on the days I don't lift. Like most of us, I try and live a healthy lifestyle and part of that is keeping a Multi Vitamin in my daily regiment. I have never tried a liquid Multi before, so when I saw this product offered up here, I could not resist. Let me thank Tropical Oasis and the TROOPer program for this opportunity.

If you have read my other multi V reviews, you know I am going to break it down by the 12 most important vitamins, the ones I find important after that, and anything special about this product. This product contains a TON of ingredients, about 110 to be exact.

Vitamin A - This is good for healthy eyes and general growth and development, including healthy teeth and skin. 3,000 IU per day for men is the RDA, and here we get 10,000 IU ensuring you get your daily share and then some.

Vitamin B6/B12 - B6 aka Pyridoxine, is a major vitamin to have in your body daily. It aids in the functions of movement, memory, energy expenditure, and blood flow. 1.3mg daily for men ages 19-50 is the RDA and here we get 30mg, so we are well covered here. B12 boosts your mood, energy level, memory, heart, skin, hair, digestion and more. This vitamin is so important for you, mainly getting you that energy boost, that you will see it sold a lot as a stand alone. Here we get 200mcg which is well above the RDA of 2.4mcg.

Vitamin C - Good for strengthening blood vessels and giving skin its elasticity, anti-oxidant function, and iron absorption. RDA for men is 60mg, and we get 500mg.

Vitamin D - Good for strong healthy bones, and as I said very important to me living in Washington State (not so much in the summer, but mostly winter) since it rains a ton and the sun only makes an appearance for a few months a year. RDA is 600IU and we get 400IU, which is a bit low. I would like to see the dosage here upped to 600IU.

Vitamin E - Good for blood circulation and protection from free radicals. The maximum dose you want of this daily is 1,500 IU, here we get 200 IU leaving you enough buffer room to not go over the maximum daily allowance if you have almonds, nuts, seeds, or tomatoes in your diet.

Folic Acid - This aids in cell renewal, as well as reducing the risk of birth defects for pregnant women. RDA is 400mcg for men over 13 years old and here we get an exact 400mcg dose.

Calcium, Chromium, and Iron are listed under the 2.24 ML Colloidal Mineral blend. Colloidal Minerals just mean that the minerals are taken from clay or shale deposits.

What I do see missing here is Vitamin K, Zinc, and Magnesium. I looked closely at the small print on the label, but did not see them. The other blends that you get are 20mg of Amino Acids and 1mg of Aloe Vera Gel. There are 23 different Amino Acids here including the Big 3 (BCAAs), so thats a nice addition I think. Aloe Vera has a multitude of effects for you, so another nice addition.

All in all there are a few key Vitamins missing here, but there are some nice extra's that you get as well. Fairly complete multi vitamin for the most part anyways.

Taste: There was no flavor listed on the bottle, but it reminded me of a mango type flavor. I was honestly not a big fan of it, its very drinkable, but just was not good enough to get me excited each morning. However, it did not taste horribly either, I would give it an average taste.

Mixability: Nothing to mix it with, just pour it and drink it.

Dosing: The dose here is 2 tablespoons daily. Because I have OCD when it comes to dosing things, I measured it out the first time I took it. Then I poured it into the cap, and yup 3/4 of the cap is 2 tablespoons. So I used the cap and it was fairly easy. I recommend the company just say 3/4 of the Cap maybe with 2 Tablespoons in parenthesis so people know.

As always this is tricky. One thing to note here, is that while taking this my wife got a little bit of a cold for a couple days. Typically I will get sick right after her when this happens, but nope not while taking this, so I do believe this aided my immune system. One thing that did stand out to me here compared to multi vitamins in a pill form is that I never had any weird color pee and never felt it was too potent in my digestion system. It just seemed like a normal liquid in my body, and I never did get sick while on this.

The huge pro's here are the fact that this is a liquid multivitamin. I did some research on which is better and a good stat that I found was that "Research shows that liquid vitamins have an absorption rate of up to 95%. Vitamins in liquid form bypass the digestive process and are absorbed directly into the bloodstream. Liquid formulas should not upset your stomach." (www.vitamins-nutrition.org/the_great_debate.html) So yeah, after taking this for a month I would say that is an accurate statement. I did not feel any extra energy off this, but its hard to tell since this is in a stack of many supplements that I take throughout my day. I also could not really tell if the Amino Acids helped me out with recovery since I do take a seperate BCAA product, but the more amino's I can get in my body a day, thats great in my book.

One thing to be wary of when taking liquid vitamins is that since you absorb almost all of it, is getting too much of a vitamin. The doses here were at a good benchmark I think so you would not run into this issue, but obviously that is why you need to stick with the recommended serving size per day and not exceed it. It took me a while to get used to drinking a multivitamin, but once I got it in my routine it was no big deal. You do have to keep this refrigerated once you open it, so that was a challenge for me when I flew to Cancun. I kept it packed in my bag in my little cooler bag I usually pack lunch in and it worked fine for my trip. I am pretty much becoming a fan of taking multi's this way.

So right now you can buy this from Tropical Oasis' website for $34.95, which is pretty steep. However, I did find it on Vitacost for $18.99 currently which makes this a pretty good deal. This is on par with the lowest prices I have seen for Pill Multi's and you are obviously getting more bang for your buck with the liquid version. The Vitacost price comes out to 59 cents a day for 32 servings, which is pretty sweet when you realize you absorb 95% of the actual listed vitamins, plus some minerals, plus some aloe vera, and top it off with Amino's.

Side Effects

None at all.

Conclusion

If you can find this on sale or at a cheaper rate online its a pretty sweet deal. Liquid multivitamins actually allow you to absorb more than pills, so this in my opinion could be the wave of the future for supplements. The taste takes a bit of getting used to, but its worth a shot. I highly recommend this product, and if you have never tried a liquid Multi before, give this a shot for your first time, you will not be sorry! Tropical Oasis appears to be leading the way so far with liquid supplements, so this makes me look forward to trying their other products. Solid Multi V!

Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!
  October 1, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Vascularity
  • Increases Test
  • Dry Look
  • Great Value
  • Minor Libido Increase
  • Dries Out Joints

38 years old and I lift 4 days a week. With the exception of an AI in the past (AD-3 PCT) I have never run any supplements that mess with my hormone levels such as PH's. After having success with AD-3 PCT, I became a fan of AI's. Once I saw Armistane pop up on the TROOPer program that already had great reviews I had to give it a run! Special thanks to VMI and the TROOPer program for making this run possible. i ran this purely as a stand alone product.

Only one ingredient, Armistane (Androsta-3, 5-diene-7, 17-dione) at 50mg for 2 pills (1 dose) or 25mg per pill. Armistane is an Aromatase Inhibitor (AI) and a cortisol inhibitor. This means that is is used to lower estrogen and cortisol levels within the body (thats a good thing). This is typically used 'on cycle' when running pro-hormones that have the ability to raise estrogen levels within the body, but this is also used a stand alone. Armistane can be used as a PCT as well.

The benefits of Armistane include lowering of estrogen levels, lowering of cortisol levels, reduced fat storage, increased libido, increased vascularity, drying out/hardening effect, improved recovery, and increase in testosterone levels. Typical dosage and lengths are 50-100mg daily for 6 weeks During Cycle or PCT, and 100-200mg daily for up to 4 weeks solo. The dosage here coming in at 50mg seemed to work just fine for me though, I never upped the dosage to see a difference.

Taste/Mixability: Nothing to report here, they are medium sized cool looking blue pills. Take the blue pill Neo!

Dosing: I followed the instructions to the letter. I took 1 pill (25mg) for the first four days, then on Day 5 to the end, I took 2 pills (50mg) a day. I took them in the morning with my PWO on training days, and with my morning protein shake on non-training days.

Let me just start by saying this product works! Even if you think 50mg is too low, it was just right for me. The nice thing about each pill being 25mg is you can dose as you need and see fit. I am going to start off by the effectiveness I saw on this product, then we will talk about the label claims.

On Day 3 of taking this (still at 1 pill a day), I started to notice my muscles tightening up. My whole upper body felt tighter, I was surprised at how fast this product works at half a dose. On Day 5 (first day I took 2 pills a day), I got an insane pump in the gym that it actually hurt. Two of my normal gym buddies commented that I looked leaner, last time I got that comment was when I was running AD-3 PCT.

From Day 12 and on the vascularity really kicked in. I have very pronounced veins in the front shoulder area that I have never had before, it looks like an awesome vein highway, good stuff. This is also the point my joints started to dry out, I upped my dosage of Curcumin and was really not an issue. Suggestion though, take an effective Fish Oil and/or Joint Supplement when running this.

Fast forwarding to three weeks in to the end of the bottle, the leanness and pumps were there just not as pronounced. However, the vascularity remained as did the muscle tightness.

Now lets talk label claims:

Increase Maximum Power Output: Well, hard to say that this directly effected me since I do take PWO's and Creatine, but I would say that it does contribute with a boost in test levels, thereby increasing maximum power output. I did not stagger on any of my workouts while taking this.

Enhance Libido & Improve Desire: I really do not have any issues here, but did not notice a crazy increase, which is fine by me. I honestly do not take a test booster type product to raise my sexual health, but there was a minor increase. If you have problems in this area I imagine this will help you out a bit.

Lean, Hard, Dry: Yup, Yup, and Yup. Read above, thats where this product shines!!

All in all, I loved running Armistane from beginning to end. I took my last dose this morning and am actually kind of sad this is over. Really quality AI here!

You can find incredible deals on Amazon ($24) or All Star health ($23.99). The bottle gives you 60 capsules, or 30 days if you dose it at 2 pills a day. This comes out to 80 cents a day. Holy cow, for a product this effective, and being under a dollar a day, thats an incredible deal. Not much else to say here, but yeah AMAZING VALUE.

Side Effects

Dry Joints: This is a real thing, so I suggest you take an effective fish oil and/or joint support or up your dosage. I upped my dosage of Curcumin during this run and it worked fine for me. This is not as painful joint pain as I experienced with AD-3 PCT but it is still there. It will kick in right around the 12 day mark.

I did not experience any other side effects, but other users may experience Anxiety (due to lower estrogen) and Liver Issues (only at very high dosages). No problems with me though.

Conclusion

So I highly recommend this, this was an amazing AI. I am so blown away that this worked so well as a stand alone, that I am definitely going to use this as my go to AI in the future, as I plan to run DAA and PH's some day. Its nice to know which AI is my go to for PCT or On Cycle support. Great value, very effective, overall great job VMI. If you are in the market for a quality AI, look no further! I may have fallen in love!

Thanks to Magnum Nutraceuticals for sending it out!
  September 29, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Cool Looking Capsules
  • Deep Sleep
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Aids In Minor Growth
  • A Bit Pricey
  • Melatonin Dose Too High

First and foremost, thank you to Magnum Nutraceuticals and the TROOPer program for making it possible for me to test out G-Spring. Sleeping aids are one of my favorite supplements to take and the easiest to judge on effectiveness. For years I have stuck with ZMA, but lately I have branched out and tried Mass HGH by Lecheek and Resurrect PM from RCSS. So when I saw G-Spring come up, being unfamiliar with Magnum, I thought it would be worth a shot. Lets see if this gave me some restful nights.

Fully disclosed ingredient profile which is al...

Fully disclosed ingredient profile which is always nice. The following numbers are based off one dose (4 capsules).

L-Arginine Pyroglutamate (1000mg): We have all heard of Arginine and know its used for boosting NO levels. This is the combination of the amino acid arginine with a molecule of pyroglutamate. This provides dual ability to increase intravenous blood flow and enhance production of anabolic horomones, like human growth hormone (HGH). So basically this is used to stimulate the natural release of growth hormones. The dose is decent, products such as nutrabio that offer this dose in around 1200mg, so 1000mg seems fine.

L-Lysine (1000mg): Personally I am not a fan of Lysine, because it appears to not do much for you. According to Examine it is typically paired with Vitamin C (but it is not here) and does not hold much promise beyond reducing the symptoms of herpes simplex. Likely a lot is unknown about lysine, but at this point I would say this is unnecessary here in my opinion.

Mucuna Pruriens (Velvet Bean) (50% L-Dopa) (300mg): Love this stuff!! The L-Dopa is what you want from the Velvet Bean. L-Dopa is used as a test booster, similar to Zinc, but it likely only increases test for those that are deficient. That is fine by me, since I do have low test, and always can feel the effects of L-Dopa. This is a small dose and I did not really experience the "well being" feeling (granted I was asleep), but still nice to have this as a supplement to any test booster I may be taking. Given that I was taking an AI product at the same time, this combined nicely in my opinion. Honestly, would like to see the dosage here upped to at least 1g.

Bacopa monnierei 30:1 Extract (50% Bacosides A&B) (220mg): This is a nootropic herb that has been used in traditional medicine for longevity and cognitive enhancement. It can reduce anxiety and improve memory formation. This can give you an upset stomach if taken without food, personally I never had any issues here regardless if I had my nightly Casein shake or not. This is a new ingredient to me, and it takes a lot of time to really start to work, around 8-12 weeks. The ideal dosage is 300mg with 55% Bacosides extract, so this is a bit underdosed. This goes great with Milk Thistle, Curcumin, Green Tea Catechins, and Ashwagandha. Would like to see this dosage upped a little bit!

Puerarin (Radix Puerariae) (100mg): Not real sure what this ingredient does, as information on it is not readily available. I believe it dilates cerebral blood vessels, so maybe another anti anxiety type nootropic.

L-Theanine (100mg): A relaxing and non-dietary amino acid known to promote relaxation without sedation. At standard doses it appears to be effective at this as well as reducing stress. 100-200mg is the standard dose here, so this is good to go!

DMAE Bitartrate (100mg): This helps in cognitive decline in the elderly. Dosage and much more information is hard to come by, so not a bad inclusion.

Melatonin (20mg): Wow 20mg, pretty high dosage! If you did not know, melatonin is a hormone secreted in the brain that regulates sleep typically used as a sleep aid and is non-addictive. This was my only gripe about this product, way too much in here. The standard dose is between 3-5mg and the benefits are not dose-dependent meaning taking more will not help you fall asleep faster. What this did do was give me a pretty bad sleep hangover, which we will talk about in side effects. In the past I have taken stand alone melatonin at 5mg a pop, and it works fine. Also, at 5mg this causes a spike in the growth hormone. I would like to see this dosage dropped down to 5mg, I think at the current dosage its going to scare off a lot of consumers.

Piperine Extract (95%) (5mg): Common absorption supplement. This does a nice job at 5mg of absorbing all the good stuff, and is necessary!

To sum it all up a nice profile all around. In my opinion, to help shape this product you can remove Lysine altogether, up the dosages on the Velvet Bean and Bacopa Monnierei. Also please lower the dosage of Melatonin to about 5g, the last 15g are pretty much a waste and may scare people off from trying this product out.

Taste/Mixability: Nothing to report, as these are silver capsules.

Dosing: The dosage here is 4 pills 30 minutes before bed. I was originally going to try half a dose (2 pills) due to high melatonin content, but did not since I did not want to miss out on getting my full doses of Velvet Bean. Pretty simple.

Now the fun part. This stuff worked great. I average about 5-6 hours a sleep without a sleeping aid, and with Resurrect PM by RCSS that went up to about 6.5 hours. With G-Spring I would get between 7-8 hours of really restful sleep, so that was awesome. The first week taking this at a full dose, I would wake up really lethargic and have a huge sleep hangover due to the melatonin content. That was rough! by the second week my body had adjusted and I would still wake up feeling tired, but the sleep hangover was minor at this point. This product is a growth and sleep aid, sleep wise, it was amazing. Growth wise its hard to tell, I did gain a little bit of lean mass while taking this, but I was also taking an AI and Creatine, I believe this did play a role in my growth and was a great compliment to my AI.

If you take this, I suggest taking it and then heading to bed. I would barely last 30 minutes after taking it before I was knocked out for the night. Most nights I would not even wake up at all until the alarm went off which was nice. Feeling real tired though after waking up was pretty tough, so that's my only ding on the product. If the Melatonin content was lowered, I think we would have a pretty nice product here!

Each bottle nets you 24 servings at a full dose (4 pills). This can be found on bodybuilding.com for $42.99 or the magnum website for $49.99. This comes out to about $1.80 a night. Pretty high compared to its competitors, but it does work and has some quality ingredients. So yeah, a bit pricey would like to see this knocked down a bit if possible to the 30-35 dollar mark. Even if it costs a bit more, I got some of the best sleep in a while on this, and I do like the growth ingredients, so not a bad value.

Side Effects

Sleep Hangover - As I mentioned above, at first this gave me a real nasty sleep hangover. I would wake up feeling exhausted and tired after getting close to 8 hours of sleep, which is just crazy. My body did adjust to it over time, so the effects were not as bad, but the sleep hangover was always there throughout the doses. Not to beat a dead horse here, but I think if you lower the Melatonin dose, this would not even exist.

Conclusion

Pretty great growth and sleeping aid. Some nice ingredients here, with the price being a bit high currently. You will get a sleep hangover taking this due to 20mg of Melatonin, but you will get some long restful sleep. Again, thank you for the opportunity to review G-Spring and with some minor tweaks this could be a pretty nice product that would have a leg up on its competitors.

Thanks to TBN Labs for sending it out!
  September 23, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Digests Well
  • Good Ingredient Profile

38 years old and I lift 4 days a week and try to do active rest type cardio twice a week. I have never taken a Weight Gainer type supplement before, because I typically do not need to gain weight, but when I saw the opportunity come up to try out Total Mass by TBN Labs, I thought I would give it a try and use as a meal replacement type product. I am always looking to get bigger in the right areas anyways, weight is just a number to me as long as I look big and strong! Before we continue, let me thank TBN Labs and the TROOPer program for another opportunity to try out this product.

The important information is labeled out here, with one big prop blend. The following information is based off one scoop with each scoop being 120g, which results in a pretty big scooper. Here you get 480 calories, 0g fat, 93g Carbs, 4g Sugar, and 25g Protein (as Caseinate and Gelatine). The Total Mass Blend consists of 120,000mg (120g) Whey Protein Conc., Whey Protein Isolate, Glutamine Peptide, Waxi Maize, Sweet Potato Powder, Wild Yam Extract (Diosocrea Villosa), Brown Rice Powder, Maltodextrin, and Multi Grains Powder.

Since I have not tried weight gainers in the past I compared this profile to a couple of the top rated products here on the site, namely Up Your Mass by MHP and King Mass by RCSS. The profile here is pretty clean for a mass gainer with no fats, and is slightly high on the carbs but that should not be an issue if you are taking a weight gainer anyways. I get confused how much actual Protein is in this product since its listed in two separate spots, but even with just 25g per scoop its pretty nice. All in all, I think its a nice profile that can be dosed based off your needs.

Of not this product does contain Stevia, I am not a fan of it, but I honestly did not notice or taste it. If you have a weird thing with Stevia, now you have been warned!

Taste: I received the Cookies N Cream flavor and yeah it was delicious. I swear there were actual cookie pieces in it, or it just tricked me into thinking that. Either way really enjoyed the flavor, not too sweet, and tasted like drinking melted Cookies N Cream ice cream. Nice job here.

Mixability: The directions call to mix 1 scoop with 16oz water. When you add 16oz of water in your shaker, then put in the 120g scoop it appears as if it will not mix. A few shakes later it mixes really well. When I dosed this at two scoops, I used a blender and mixed great as well. No issues here, dissolves nicely and does not settle at the bottom.

Dosing: The directions call to take one scoop pre and post training as per your goals; and two scoops on non training days. I typically dosed this post training to maximize its effect. I did not take this pre training as I work out first thing in the morning and did not want this heavy of a profile in my system that early. On non training days, or days I would not eat breakfast I would dose this with two scoops in a blender with water and a couple pieces of ice.

Scooper: So this is my biggest gripe with this product, and seems like a common issue out there with Weight Gainers. The scooper was so big it literally does not fit pulling it straight out of the tub, and if you angle it you will spill some powder all over the place, which happened to me multiple times. I finally wisened up and held the tub sideways and got scooper in and out that way with no issues, just a heads up!

This product only lasted me 13 days (19 scoops in this container), but I did gain about 5 pounds in that time. Mind you I did start a new Creatine at the same time, so I cannot give this all the credit, but what I can say is I enjoyed having this weight gainer around to help me meet my daily requirements. I sit at 6'2 and 245 pounds currently, and require around 3400 calories per day, and a lot of protein.

Digestion wise Total Mass digested very easily. I was actually surprised that I did not have a bloated feeling or anything like that, I would feel full for 2-3 hours with two scoops and full for 1-2 hours with one scoop. I do like all the additions of the powders from real food such as Sweet Potatoes, Wild Yams, and Brown Rice, and I do believe this aided in the fullness feeling. When I used this as a meal replacement for breakfast (mostly on rest days) I would not feel short changed on caloric or protein intake, in fact this profile gave me more calories and protein than my normal breakfast would.

The product claims to get you Solid Muscular Gains, Dramatic Weight Gain, Muscle Retention, Muscle Growth, Faster Recovery, Muscle Repair, Low Sugars, and All Natural. What I can attest to is that you will get some solider muscular gains if taken a lot longer than 13 days, you will have some dramatic weight gain, this product does aid in muscle growth, contains lower sugars than its competitors, and is all natural. Muscle recovery and repair wise, I did not really get sore while taking this but I do also take BCAA's and keep a high protein diet, so hard to say this product did that alone. Not sure about the Dramatic Weight gain part, since that seems counter intuitive with taking a weight gainer, but I can see lean muscular gains and not fat gains.

Depending on the size of the container you buy it dramatically changes the value. The 5 pounds, 19 serving tub runs $44.75 on the TBN Labs website, which comes out to $2.36 a scoop. This is around the average price of a weight gainer. If you order the 15.89 pound, 60 serving tub that runs you $84.75 and comes out to $1.41 a serving. This is actually a pretty nice price for a weight gainer. So yeah you can only find this on the company website for now, but the current price point is not bad at all. I think its a decent value if you are in the market for a weight gainer.

Side Effects

None at all, even with two scoops I would not have to rush to the bathroom to expel everything I just put in me. Digests well, so good stuff!

Conclusion

I enjoyed my run of Total Mass. If I were to be in the market for a weight gainer I would definitely pick up the bigger size, since 60 servings would last me about 45 days. I almost want to keep this around as a Meal Replacement, and will keep it in mind in the future if I am in the market for one. Cookies N Cream tasted great, I gained some quality weight, and had a decent time with this one. I recommend this product if you are in this market!

Overall
Thanks to Herbal Nitro for sending it out!
  September 19, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Promotes Good Gut Health
  • Works As Advertised

37 years old and I lift 4 days a week currently. I have never taken a Detox or a Cleanser type pill or formula before, and saw some past reviews on how good cleansing or detoxing the system makes you feel so I was intrigued. Having tried Herbal Nitro's Extreme Energy already, I knew that I should give this detox pill a shot when it was offered up. Lets see how Detoxified I felt!!

We have the Prop blend here, which I do understand for business reasons, but I still do not have to like it! However, something like this is not as bad since it does not contain important ingredients to your daily intake like Caffiene. Here we get 493mg of Casanthranol USP (Cascara Sagrada Bark), Senna Leaf, Dandelion Root, Artichoke Leaf, Milk Thistle Seed, and Sarsaparilla Root. Sounds like a walk through a garden Chris, okay, so lets break them down!

Casanthranol USP (Cascara Sagrada Bark): Cascara is a shrub. The dried bark is used to make medicine. Cascara contains chemicals that stimulate the bowel and have a laxative effect. Thats all from WEBMD, and the dose here is 20-30mg daily so I belive we are good to go here. I call this the mover ingredient!

Senna Leaf: Back to WEBMD for this one. Senna is an herb. The leaves and the fruit of the plant are used to make medicine. Senna contains many chemicals called sennosides. Sennosides irritate the lining of the bowel, which causes a laxative effect. 17.2-34.4mg daily is what is needed here, so again, bet we are good to go! This is called mover2!

Dandelion Root: Dandelion is an herb. People use the above ground parts and root to make medicine. Dandelion contains chemicals that may increase urine production (yup experienced this) and decrease swelling (inflammation). No good dose recommendation here, but another part used for constipation, so its all making sense.

Artichoke Leaf: Artichoke is a plant. The leaf, stem, and root are used to make "extracts" which contain a high conecntration of certain chemicals found in the plant. These extracts are used as medicine. Artichoke has chemicals that can reduce nausea and vomiting, spasms, and intestinal gas. These chemicals have also been shown to lower cholestorol. The only recommended doses here are for heartburn and high cholestorol, so I think this is really here as an aid to your intestine against all the mover ingredients!

Milk Thistle Seed: We see milk thistle in anything that wants to protect the body. Its unproven but milk thistle might protect liver cells from toxic chemicals and drugs. It also seems to have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. I always love this ingredient, and glad its here! Protection is protection! No known dosing here.

Sarsaparilla Root: Chemicals in sarsparilla might help decrease joint pain and itching, and might also reduce bacteria. Other chemicals might combat pain and swelling (inflammation), and also protect the liver against toxins. Another protector and no known dosing!

Sure we have a prop blend, but its a nice blend of 3 laxative type ingredients and 3 protection ingredients. This gives you that piece of mind of a nice blend of a healthy detox situation, not one that will get rid of the toxins and the healthy stuff! Nice job here Herbal Nitro.

Taste/Mixability: Nothing to report here, pills and did just fine at its small size. Funny thing is its a brown color, so you know what its for!!

Dosing: I took one with breakfast each day, worked best in my schedule! Will talk about how long it took to kick in for me in effectiveness so you can plan this around your schedule!

Overall this product is exactly as advertised a "Colon Detox Formula." Since this was my first time ever on a cleanse pill I was not sure what to expect, and really thought this would be a laxative that would immediately make you hit the bathroom within the hour of taking it. I was in a fraternity in the 90's and during our hazing err pledging portion we ate chocolate laxatives, so I know what that feels like and its pretty terrible. Good news is, this product was nothing like that.

The first 5 days I was on this I seemed to have to hit the bathroom to "detox" 2-3 times a day. Seemed every few hours I was in the bathroom and apparently had a lot of toxins to get rid of. No big deal when I was at home, but at work it got a little weird. However, by Day 7 the routine calmed down and since then until finish it was one bathroom toxin dump per day, which was fine. For me it was about 4-5 hours after I take the pill that my body would have to toxin dump, and there was not much choice in the matter. I would get about a 2-3 minute heads up in my stomach and no matter what I was doing it was time to hit the bathroom. So I suggest you plan to be in a comfortable area around that time depending on how you dose this. I am sure it will work different time wise for everyone, so the key here is getting that timing down and ensuring your in a good spot.

Funny thing is, if I would go out and drink beer and eat wings while watching football, or eat something bad, it seemed my body would get rid of the badness of that food within the hour. This is like a personal assistant in your colon to ensure you eat healthy! I think that is a pretty good effect to keep you honest to meet your dietary goals.

Its hard to say how much effect this actually had on me, but yes the product did work, and never left me feeling dehydrated or feeling that I dumped out all my good stuff in my body. From the smell and appearance of a session it truly did seem like I was getting rid of pure toxins in my body. I do feel better though, overall just gut health felt great, never had stomach aches or anything odd no matter how crappy I ate. I was happy I tried this out, and will keep in mind once or twice a year that I should cleanse.

Looks like you can buy this on Amazon or from Herbal Nitro themselves. Amazon has this for sale for $19.99 while Herbal Nitro sells 30 servings for $15.99, coming out to 53 cents a day. You get 10% off if you buy 3 or more bottles and 17% off if you buy 6 or more bottles. Seems like a fair deal to me, since the product itself ensures you get rid of the toxins while still protecting your vital organs like the liver. So yeah, good value!

Side Effects

None that you would not be aware of. The bathroom trips I do think are a side effect at all, rather the effect!

Conclusion

Let me thank Herbal Nitro and the TROOPer program for another great opportunity to try out their product! Being my first cleanse, I can see the benefits and overall I do feel better gut health wise. The value here is good, and your getting a very effective product for your money. If your in the market to get rid of some toxins in the body, then give this a shot, I highly recommend it!

September 13, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decreased Blood Pressure
  • Minor Joint Pain Aid
  • Minor Memory Aid
  • Great Value
  • Too Small EPADHA Dosage

37 years old and I currently lift 4 times a week. At this point you likely know that I take Fish Oil extremely serious, and coming off a bad 30 day run of the cheap stuff, it was time to find better quality over the price tag. During this hunt, I got sucked into the Ghost Lifestyle website and decided I really want to try their products out. I like that they are selling a lifestyle and not just products, I know its all a sale tactic, but it works for me. Pretty interesting page, so lets see how their Fish Oil lived up to the hype that I gave them!

----Ingredient P...

I am sure you are thinking that this should only contain Omega-3 Fatty Acids, but nope we have 1,250mg of a variety of Omega Fatty Acids here. A fully transparent label, so Ghost is already on the right track. Lets break each one down, since most people are not used to the different types of Omega Fatty Acids.

**Each dosage is based off 1 pill**

Omega-3 Fatty Acids (990mg total; 300mg DHA, 450mg EPA, 240mg DPA, Linolenic Acid): EPA helps lessen inflammation in the body, while DHA is essential for brain health and function. DPA is similar to EPA in the fact that it is commonly used to support healthy inflammation management, blood vessel function, and support of healthy clotting. Linolenic Acid (commonly known as ALA) is used for preventing and treating diseases of the heart and blood vessels. The goal is usually to get 1g of EPA/DHA daily, I dosed this 2 pills a day giving me 1500mg of EPHA/DHA, so no problems here. My one issue I have here is that Examine.com states that Omega-3's do not go well with Omega-6 fatty acids, like linoleic acid and arachidonic acid, here we have Omega-6 fatty acids included without being specified which ones.

Total Omega-5 Fatty Acids (1mg): Depending on what you read , it appears omega-5 (Myristoleic Acid or Punicic Acid) can promote apporpriate inflammation in the body, have a positive effect on weight, cardiovascular health and blood sugar balance. Not really common at all to find information or dosages, but hey if it works glad its in here.

Total Omega-6 Fatty Acids (80mg): These fatty acids provide a variety of benefits such as helps reduce nerve pain, fights inflammation, treats rheumatoid arthiritis, may help reduce symptoms of ADHD, reduces high blood pressure, lowers risk of heart disease, and support bone health. These acids include Linoleic Acid, Arachidonic Acid, and GLA. Not real sure which acids specifically are in here, hoping its only GLA but I cannot speak educated enough to know why certain Omega-3's and 6's do not play well together. Either way, nice inclusion here, and for proper dosage, who knows.

Total Omega-7 Fatty Acids (14mg): Benefits here are healthier hair, skin, and nails; maintains healthy cholestorol levels and blood sugar levels; and aids in mucous membrane health. Not a lot can be found here either, but the acid that is being addressed here is Palmitoleic Acid.

Total Omega-9 Fatty Acids (90mg): Also known as Oleic Acid. These can be produced by the body, unlike Omega 3 and 6's, making it not as important. Omega 9 benefits include helping reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke; increasing energy, decreasing anger and enhancing mood; and potentially benefiting people with Alzheimer's. Again, no dosage is known on this that I could find, there is warnings not to overdo the intake of this, whatever number that could possibly be.

So a nice variety of different fatty acids here, truly making this a full spectrum product. The dosage of 750mg EPA/DHA per pill (I took 2 daily, netting me 1500mg) is low compared to most fish oils which give you 2-3g combined EPA/DHA but it also meets the daily requirements of at least 1-1.5g per day. I know a lot of research needs to be done here and there are a ton of unknowns with this profile combination, it may be a good thing over time if they find that the different Omega's work in concert with one another. Of course only time will tell.

Taste/Mixabililty: No taste, your standard gel coated Fish Oil Pills. They appear large (most Fish Oil pills do) but is very easy to swallow.

Dosing: The directions state to take 1-2 pills daily, not exceeding 2. I took one with breakfast and one with lunch. Simple enough!

Now comes the hard part in the world of Fish Oil. There are no wild claims on the product other than the product is molecularly distilled for the highest quality. There are no third party tests to this product and it is fairly new, so we cannot confirm nor deny. What I personally look for in Fish Oil is an aid to memory, lower my high blood pressure, and aid in joint pain.

As far as the memory goes, I have had 6 Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) in the last 18 years, so my short term memory sucks when I do not take quality fish oil. This aided me slightly, but I would still struggle at times. Compared to other fish oils that worked great (Intel Labs and Omega Jym) this fell a little short in that department.

I did get a blood pressure test today actually and my blood pressure was lowered a bit. Nothing phenomenal since I have high blood pressure, but it definitely lowered it to a safer level, so kudos there. I had a recent run of really bad quality fish oil and it increased my resting heart rate, Ghost Fish Oil lowered it for me as well.

For joint pain, I think this did help but I was taking Curcumin at the same time. When I initially stated this though I did notice my little pains in my wrists went away, but the big joint pain (my left ankle and left shoulder) only went away when combined with Curcumin.
h
Overall not bad, but not earth shattering either. Someone like me needs more dosage and emphasis put on Omega-3's, maybe increase those, while keeping the other Omega's? I think the inclusion of the other Omega's are neat, and may just be a marketing thing, I believe the dosages are too low to even notice them. Or this may be a long term effect thing, but I cannot be sure.

I got this from Ghost's website for $14.99 for 60 pills, which lasted me 30 days. If you take 2 pills a day like me this comes out to 50 cents a day. This is actually the best deal right now for Fish Oil when compared to Intel labs, Omega Jym, and even the cheap one Bio-Science. I did get some moderate effectiveness out of this so yes pretty great value. If you take Fish Oil and do not have the extreme problems like I do then your self value may increase. You can also buy a 3 pack of this for $29.99 making this 10 bucks a bottle. You probably will not find a better deal out there.

Side Effects

A couple times I did get some Fish Burps. That would normally only happen if I took this without food. I only found this happening in the first week I was on the product, towards the end I would not get any fish burps whether I took this with food or not. Maybe my body was just adjusting. Fairly normal problem and if you take your doses with food you will not experience this.

Conclusion

Not a bad product here from Ghost. I was excited to give this a try and do not regret it one bit. As I said, I have some fairly advanced memory and joint problems than the average person so I expect a lot more from my Fish Oil. I saw moderate improvements with my current state, so likely you will find some positive results here. You can't beat the price tag on this, in the future I will probably grab the 3 pack from the site and see if the effects increase in the longer term. This did seem like it was a high quality product, I am really liking Ghost right now and highly recommend this product and I plan to try out others in the future.