DaSlaya

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by DaSlaya

June 17, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Helps You Fall Asleep
  • Loses Value Based Off Dosing
  • Weak Dosing
  • No Deep REM Sleep

An under-powered sleep aid that can help you fall asleep, but you never quite get that deep sleep feeling. With proper dosing, this product can work for you, but there was just not enough here to get me excited to recommend this.

38 years old, recovering from total reconstruction surgery on my left ankle, but finally back in the gym! I suffer from sleep apnea so I like to keep a sleep aid on hand to help me fall asleep. I have had some good and bad experiences on sleep aids, so its not a cut and dry category in this industry like you would think or all the ads let you believe. I saw this as an Amazon recommendation and was on sale, so I decided to give it a shot. Lets see how Olly did for me at night.

Fully disclosed ingredient list, which is always appreciated. Nothing here will stand out, as it seems to be the standard ingredients in a sleep product. None the less lets discuss each ingredient as I normally do. Servings size is based off two gummies (yes, its gummies not pills, which was another reason I wanted to try it because I LOVE gummies).

L-Theanine (200mg): A relaxing Amino Acid that is known to promote relaxation without sedation as well as reducing stress. Typically you will see this between 100-200mg alongside of caffiene to promote cognitive properties, but here its more of the relaxing properties we are looking for, since there is no caffiene. I have taken doses of 500mg in previous sleep aids (Resurrect PM) with some benefit, 200mg seems a bit low for me, but we will cover that in effectiveness.

Melatonin (3mg): Melatonin is a hormone secreted in the brain that regulates sleep typically used as a sleep aid and is non-addictive. This gives you some good restful sleep and is the most well known and common ingredient to help you sleep. Typically I like to have 5mg of Melatonin, this was a little low, but really this dosage depends on your own personal reaction and needs.

Chamomile Extract (flower) (17mg)/Passionflower Extract (aerial parts) (17mg)/Lemon Balm Extract (aerial parts) (16mg): I lump these all together as they are all bontanicals. All of these promote relaxation in herbal remedies, and am not real sure on dosage here.

Simple profile overall, and the nice thing is you can tailor this to your needs. To me, at two gummies this was a bit under-dosed for me, but four gummies were pretty good, but we shall cover that below in the appropriate section.

Taste: The only flavor this comes in is Blackberry Zen. It tasted okay, not as exciting as a gummy bear, but you got some hints of blackberry and was decent. Not enough to get me excited but real easy to chew up and swallow.

Mixability: Gummies, so not issues here.

Dosing: The directions call for 2 gummies 30 minutes prior to sleep. I tried dosing this at 2 and 4 gummies.

I dosed the first half of this bottle at the recommended two gummies. It would relax me and help me fall asleep about an hour after taking this. However, it never kept me asleep for longer than 3-4 hours and I never hit that illustrious REM deep sleep. For the last half of the bottle I switched it up to four gummies at a time, and I would fall asleep withing 45 minutes, and stay asleep for 4-5 hours. I had better success this way, but still never felt that deep sleep kick in. Overall, this did help me in falling asleep but thats about it. I am a light sleeper normally, so any sound wakes me up during the night, and I would never be in a deep enough sleep to sleep through any nightly sounds. If you are looking for a simple aid to help you fall asleep, then this is for you, but I look for more deep rest so this fell a bit short for me, no matter how I dosed it.

I picked this up from Amazon (free shipping thanks to Prime) for $11.99 for 50 gummies. At two gummies a night this should last you 25 nights and come out to 48 cents a night, which is pretty cheap for a sleep aid with more than just Melatonin. However, I had better success on 4 gummies a night so it would last 12.5 nights and come out to closer to 96 cents a night which kills the value in my opinion. Plus the effectiveness did nothing more than help me fall asleep so it lowers the value in my eyes. You can grab products like Resurrect PM or Fade Out for around the same price with ten times better effects and value.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you just need a minor boost to fall asleep and two gummies will be sufficient then you should consider this product. For someone like me that needs a bit more, this is not effective enough in my eyes to recommend it. The actual rating of this review is tough since its going to vary from person to person, but for me a 38 year old with Sleep Apnea, it was not enough, but it gets a Meh since it did help me initially fall asleep. No regrets in trying this.

Overall
Overall
4.7
4.5
  June 13, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
    • Under-dosed Serving Size

An under-dosed greens formula with a lot of ingredients. The price is right, but with no effectiveness there is not much point to this. The taste is bad, your better off looking elsewhere.

38 years old, recovering from total reconstruction surgery on my left ankle, but finally back in the gym! I like to keep a greens supplement in my stack from time to time. I have been more cognizant of my overall health lately, and now see the importance of not just your daily fruits and veggies but also having pre and probiotics. After a quick search, I found Green Supreme Fusion from SAN, which contained pre/probiotics and greens. I pulled the trigger and decided to give it a whirl.

So there are quite a bit of ingredients here, I have included pictures. One serving size is 2 scoops which is 10.55g which is a little below average than other greens supplements I have taken. Typically a dose ranges from 11.25-12g, so we already know we are getting less out of this serving than other products. Lets break down the prop blends, which are fine and extremely normal in a greens formula.

Free Radical Cell Scavenging Complex: This blend is fully disclosed. I will not list out all the ingredients but the point of this blend is for overall wellness. Of note, this contains 100% defatted chia seed bran which contains 4% Omega-3 and 1% Omega-6. Of course you are not going to replace your fish oil with this, but small added fish oil never hurts. Just found this unique in a greens formula.

The other blends you have are 1.2g Phytonutrient & Sea Algae Blend, 850mg Vital Greens & Harmonizing Mushroom Blend, 700mg Organic & Pesticide-Free Veggie Power Blend, 250mg Comprehensive Plant Enzyme & Digestion Matrix, and 100mg Pre-FOS & ProBiotic Blend (2 Billion CFU/100mg). So some fancy names for greens, enzymes and your pre and probiotics.

This product reminds me of Green Vibrance (Vibrant Health), but in direct comparison contains lower doses of everything. For example this has 2 Billion CFU of probiotics while Green Vibrance has 25 Billion CFU, and Green Vibrance gets you 11.92g per serving overall and fully discloses all ingredients. Overall, not a bad profile here, but it boils down to your needs.

Taste: There was no flavor, its all natural. It was not great to say the least, and it was back to the hard to drink greens formula days. It was easy enough to drink, but I never once enjoyed it and typically just had to muscle it down to get through it. Your typical overwhelming combination of greens taste would be the best way to describe it.

Mixability: Mixed poorly in my shaker cup. It was very gritty and after shaking it for 30 seconds I would still see floaties on the top. If I let my shaker sit a few minutes in between sips (which I usually did due to the taste) then I would have to re-shake it to mix it up. Always left a lot of residue on the bottom of my shaker and took a little effort to wash out each time.

Dosing: I took 2 scoops (1 dose) mid afternoon. Take this as needed its simply a supplement to your daily fruit and veggie requirements. Think of this as the protein of the veggie world.

Most green supplements usually make me feel a little better and give me that overall healthy feeling. I never felt that once here. I am not sure why, maybe the taste simply ruined the experience for me, but every day this took effort to take, drink, and then have to wash out my shaker cup. Since taking GI Juice (REDCON1) my standards for greens have been raised, this was disappointing. I did not feel any more "regular" on my bowel movements either, nor did I feel the food digesting enzymes really do anything. Basically, I felt nothing here.

The label claims to surpass 5 servings of fruits and vegetables per day. Maybe this is true, I cant say one way or the other. It also claims a high omega-3 content, which is kind of nonsense if you ask me. The only omega-3s included are from chia seeds and its pretty low, at best your getting maybe 400mg Omega 3. (1g chia seeds * 4% omega 3 = 400mg). To me this product felt like it included a lot of the go to items such as pre and probiotics along with its greens and reds, and tossed in some omega-3 just to say its included to trick the consumer. End of the day, this requires 2 scoops and still is about 1g less of ingredients than the average greens formula out there. Sure its not much, but it does add up when you have a ton of ingredients included.

I picked this up from Fitness First USA for $24.95 for 30 servings. Doing a priceplow search the current best deal you can find this for is $22.45 and DPSnutrition. That comes out to 75 cents a serving which is just about the cheapest I have seen for a greens formula. However, the taste was horrid and I felt this product did nothing for me, so not much value in that.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This product did not do a lot for me that I was aware of. Appears to be an under-dosed greens formula that has too many extras. I was close to giving this a Meh rating, because maybe it will work for you if you eat enough greens and reds in your day, but does that not defeat the purpose of this supplement. This gets a DaSlaya non-recommend.

June 9, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Insane Focus
    • Better Mood
    • Tastes Good
    • No Crash
    • Versatile
    • Could Be Expensive To Some

An amazing Nootropic with a fully disclosed ingredient profile. Fairly priced for how effective this product is with an amazing taste.

38 years old, recovering from total reconstruction surgery on my left ankle, but finally back in the gym! I am fairly new to the Nootropic world and tried some samples here and there. Of the samples I tried nothing really stood out to me, and I was starting to think this area of supplements is all nonsense. I guess you do have to take adderall for focus! So I checked our illustrious SR site and picked up the #1 rated nootropic The High Performer II. Let us see how it did.

Fully disclosed ingredient profile which is becoming the norms these days. At my age its almost required, especially something that enhances focus and has stimulants. It has been done before, but I like to talk about each ingredient and give my opinion on the dosing and why its here. I will start by saying this contains 200mg Caffeine Anhydrous, we all know what this does, so it will not be listed.

L-Tyrosine (2500mg): L-Tyrosine is an amino acid that is used to produce noradrenaline and dopamine; supplemental appears to be anti-stress for acute stressors (which tend to deplete noradrenaline) and may preserve stress-induced memory deficits. (Examine.com) Dosing prior to a stressful event is 500mg - 2g, so we are well covered here.

Alpha GPC 50% (600mg): A cholinergic compound that is used for its cognitive-promoting properties, and to enhance power output in athletes. It appears to also support cellular membranes, and may aid in preventing cognitive decline. (Examine.com) Typical dosage here is 300-600mg, so a great dose here.

Glucuronolactone (400mg): Glucuronolactone is a molecule commonly found as a component of energy drink formulations with surprisingly minimal research on it, given its societal usage. (Examine.com) Really no info here,

Mucuna Pruriens (std. to 98% L-Dopa) (150mg): This is my favorite ingredient to have in a sleep aid or nootropic. It truly puts me in an amazing mood if standardized right, and 98% standardization did the job. Also known as Velvet Bean this is your source of L-Dopa which has many uses ranging from mood to aiding in parkinsons disease. No real dosage requirements that I know of, but 150mg worked well for me.

L-Theanine (100mg): L-Theanine is a relaxing and nondietary amino acid found pretty much exclusively in teas from Camellia sinensis (alongside green tea catechins and caffeine) and is known to promote relaxation without sedation. It appears to be effective at this as well as reducing stress at standard dosages. L-Theanine tends to be taken in the dosage of 100-200mg, usually alongside caffeine. (Examine.com) This meets the criteria of minimal dose and taken with caffeine anhydrous, good to go!

Huperzine A 1% (300mcg): Huperzine-A is a cognitive enhancer that inhibits an enzyme that degrades the learning neurotransmitter, acetylcholine; due to this, a relative increase occurs. It belongs to the cholinergics class of molecules, and may be useful in fighting cognitive decline in the elderly. May need to be cycled. Supplementation of huperzine-A tends to be in the range of 50-200mcg daily, and while this can be divided into multiple dosages throughout the day it tends to be taken at a single dose. Supplementation of huperzine-A does not require food to be coingested with it and can be taken in a fasted state. (Examine.com) You may be familiar with this as its found in a lot of PWO's and in my experience at the right dosage works very well for focus. This is a great dose and truly one of the powerhouse ingredients here, love it!

A great profile here, no fillers, nothing crazy and everything is dosed properly and really on the high end. Most supplements always seem to skimp on an ingredient or two, but Noowave did not here, so great stuff here.

Taste: This comes only in one flavor, Orange Cream. Man this was delicious, it really tasted like an orange creamsicle pop. I looked forward to drinking it when I needed it, it was a cognitive treat!

Mixability: I mixed this in a shaker or sometimes in a water bottle with no issues. Very slight residue left at the bottom due to the fine powder, but not enough to worry about losing out on a dose.

Dosing: I took one scoop as needed, typically around 2-3pm when I would hit that afternoon slump at work.

After having some experience with dissapointing Nootropics, this really made me happy. I was not expecting much but it did an incredible job from start to finish. I also got a tub for my wife at the same time, and she is currently on her second tub, she loves this stuff too! Overall, this gave me a nice energy boost and it felt like a smooth boost and did not make me jittery or anything. The Dopamine kicked in hard for me and it would put me in such a good mood, which is good because I tend to be cranky at work by 3pm, I know the soldiers that work for me appreciated it. On top of that it did focus me in on my task at hand. I would take this if I had a lot of paperwork or a big project at work to do, and it narrowed me in and I would be knocking out tasks very quickly and efficiently. This really did feel like that term you hear these days, Brain Hacking! Tacky thing to say, but this seemed to do the job. The overall energy boost would last close to 2 hours for me, then would just fade away, no crash or headaches or anything like that. A perfect mid-day pickup!

The only label claim is Get Zoned, and I say that is a spot on assessment. I appreciate that Noowave did not put a bunch of claims out there, they just seem to be a product comfortable in their own skin (tub?). I know it sounds like I am fan boy'ing out a bit here, but I was just impressed immensely here.

I picked this up from Amazon for $43.22 with shipping (not amazon prime eligible). This gets you 30 servings and comes out to $1.44 a serving. Yeah that appears to be high, but realistically you probably do not need to take a nootropic daily. If you used this like me and saved this for when you were in a real slump or had a bid task then its not a bad deal. As you know, I couple value with effectiveness and this worked so well that I do not mind paying this price at all. Not sure how often sales occur, but either way this is a fair deal.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I really missed out when Noowave participated on SR to try out their products, but I am glad I gave this a shot. I will be keeping a tub at work in the future to use as needed and I did not mind one bit paying for this. This gives me a baseline of how Nootropics SHOULD be in my opinion. Great job here NooWave. I highly recommend this product if you are in the market for a Nootropic. I'll be keeping an eye out for other Noowave products to try in the future.

Thanks to Olympus Labs for sending it out!
      June 8, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Burns Fat
    • GDA And Fat Burner In One
    • Great Value

Unique profile that will aid you as a GDA and a stim free fat burner. You can find really good deals currently on this and it is well worth the money.

38 years old, recovering from total reconstruction surgery on my left ankle, but finally back in the gym! I have never tried a product by Olympus Labs, so when I saw this being offered via TROOPS I wanted to check it out. I was also interested since this was a GDA and a non stim fat burner. I have had good and bad experiences with GDAs and not so great experiences with non stim fat burners. So I wanted to give it a whirl! Thank you to SR for the TROOP program and Olympus Labs for this opportunity. Lets see how this unique product stacks up.

Fully disclosed label which is always a nice thing to see when it comes to a thermogenic GDA. The ingredients have been reviewed a couple of times already, but they were new to me so lets quickly talk about each one. The dosages here are based off one serving size (4 pills).

Hovenia dulcis (seed)(Dihydromyricetin 90%) 700mg: Known as the Japanese Raisin Tree it has been traditionally used as an anti-alcohol herb and hangover cure. Its possible this can lower your blood alcohol levels and protect your liver. A strange ingredient if you ask me.

Rosa canina (fruit)(Trans-Tiliroside 5%) 500mg: Also known as dog rose, and the main fruit of rosa canina is rose hip. There was an NCBI study that showed that this has the potential to decrease visceral body fat. That can be found here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3892499/

Rosmarinus officinalis (leaf)(Carnosic Acid 20%) 500mg: Mainly an antioxidant. It can stimulate glucose uptake and inhibit fat gain. More info can be found here: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0031942214005585

Orthosiphon Stamineus (leaf)(70% Ethanolic Extract) 300mg: This is said to reduce visceral fat and lower your appetite.

Oleoylethanolamide (OEA) 200mg: This is a lipid that naturally occurs in your intestines. Supposedly when you eat OEA levels increase and give you a satiety feeling, but when you are in a caloric deficit OEA may not be increased enough to provide you of that satiety.

Olive leaf extract (leaf)(Standardized to 20% Hydroxytyrosol) (Yields 30mg Hydroxytyrosol) 150mg: This is where the thermo effect should be coming from. This increases a protein called UCP-1 and allows the energy from food to be released as heat instead of stored as energy.

Lutein (20% extract) 125mg: This is here to kick-start your metabolism.

So it was tough getting exact information on each ingredient as they were unique to say the least (at least in my eyes). I give Olympus Labs credit here for a unique profile, but its real hard to say if this is properly dosed or not. Keep reading down to the effectiveness section to see if that even matters.

Taste: Pill form so there should be no taste. I did have a strange taste thats hard to describe in my mouth for about 1 minute after swallowing the pills. Nothing too crazy, but worth enough to note. Pills also had a weird smell but nothing overbearing.

Mixability: Pills were of average size and were easy to swallow down with water.

Dosing: The directions recommend taking this with the biggest meal of the day. I took this each day with lunch. Each serving is 4 pills. Of note, do not exceed 4 pills a day!

Since this is a two in one product, I am going to break this down at a GDA and a non stim fat burner, then we will talk about label claims.

GDA: This worked well in this category as in after a heavy carb lunch I would not feel bloated nor would I feel the need to take a nap. The ingredients here definitely did aid in my body digesting the food and really utilizing the food as energy instead of letting it sit in your system as fat. If this was strictly sold in this category I would be just fine with this product.

Stim Free Fat Burner: Overall, I did not gain nor lose any fat or weight. Let me caveat that by saying for 3 of the 4 weeks on this bottle I was on the road and eating like complete garbage. Yeah I know, you do not have to eat poorly on the road, but I did during this period. I was actually pleasently surprised that my weight stayed the same (within 1 pound) and I gained no extra fat around the gut. So I do believe that if my diet was cleaner that I prob would have lost some fat here as others have experienced in the below reviews. I have taken stim free fat burners in the past that did absolutely nothing, but I think the formula here can aid you in some fat loss. Overall, pretty happy here.

Those were my experiences now lets discuss the label claims:

Extreme Thermogenic Activation: I did feel a slight thermo effect but definitely not to an extreme level. Its not enough to make you sweat or anything crazy (which is fine by me) but you can feel it about half hour or so after taking. So fair claim here.

Fat Inhibitor / Stimulant Free Fat Burner / Glucose Disposal Agent: Read the above in my overall experiences. Yes this product does just that and really what this boils down to is the results you will get from this depends on the amount of effort you put in. I ate like crap and did not exercise much, and my weight and fat stayed the same. In the past in the same situation without taking Assass1nate I would always gain a few pounds and some fat around the belly, just the effects of being 38. So yes, this product did a nice job overall!

Using Priceplow, the best price I could find is Assass1nate for $29.99 with free shipping for 120 capsules (30 servings) from Best Price Nutrition. That is a pretty darn good deal if you ask me considering this is basically a 2 in 1 product. The weird ingredients would make me a bit Leary, but after trying this, yeah this stuff works and this is a great price. Nuff said! The deal can be found here as of 8 June 2018:

Side Effects

Weird taste and smell of the pills, but nothing overbearing to make it unusable. The slight warm feeling from the thermo effect, not really a side effect since this is a thermo.

Conclusion

This product boils down to the effort you put in. Its the old theory of garbage in garbage out. This helped keep my body in place while I ate poorly and traveled, so if my diet and training was spot on as it usually is my results would have been better. I do plan on running this again in the future when I get through my rehab as I enjoyed this product. So if you want to assass1nate some fat, I highly recommend this product. I am starting to look more into Olympus Labs as a company as their profiles are unique in this saturated world.

Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
        June 7, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Quality Ingredients
      • Tastes Great
      • Mixes Perfectly
      • TRAACS Electrolytes And Minerals
      • Great Macros
      • Increased Hydration
      • Non GMO
      • Multiple Size Options
      • May Be Pricey To Some

A Cold Processed Whey Protein Isolate that tastes amazing. The macro's will fit any diet plan or goal. Of note, there is less sodium found in here than other Whey Protein Isolates, which is great for someone that needs to cut back on daily sodium like myself. VMI has once again out done themselves with another amazing product.

38 years old, recovering from total reconstruction surgery on my left ankle, but finally back in the gym! After trying Major Mass and seeing other glowing reviews, when the opportunity to try Protolyte came up, I had to give it a shot and see what all the fuss was about. Big thank you to the TROOPer program and for VMI Sports for always participating here, it does not go unnoticed. Any company with the confidence that VMI has to constantly offer up products here on SR says a lot about them. Lets see how my run on Protolyte went.

This has been reviewed over 20 times, but I am going to quickly go over the macros and the highlights that make this product stand out in a crowded Protein market. The macros of Chocolate Peanut Butter are 105 Calories, less than 1g Fat, 1g Carbs, 24g Protein, and 40mg Sodium per 29.6g scoop. Recently my doctor told me to lower my daily sodium intake, so I have been watching out for sodium content in all my supplements. Comparing this to recent Isolates I have taken this has a very low amount of Sodium which is great for just about everyone. The profile here is so clean that it can be easily taken daily no matter what your daily goals are.

The protein here is Cold Processed and Filtered Whey Protein Isolate. The only other protein I have taken that is cold processed is from Nutrabio, and this process really stands out in my eyes in terms of good quality. I do not know the exact science behind it and if this process truly is the best or better than other processes, but any cold processed protein I have taken seems to be amazing, so good enough for me. Another note is that this protein includes TRAACS Calcium Bisglycinate Chelate, TRAACS Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate, and Albion Potassium Glycinate Complex for enhanced hydration through Electrolytes and Minerals. Not only does this contain your standard Amino Acid Profile you would expect to find in whey protein isolates, but it includes digestive enzymes (Protease 1, Protease 11, Amylase, Lipase & Lactase) for improved digestion and enhanced absorption.

Whether you buy the hype or not on the included extras here, this was one well thought out protein powder in my eyes. The profile is amazing and the processing and added extras really just help this to stand out in a crowded market.

Taste: I received the Chocolate Peanut Butter flavor and this was amazing. Major Mass was the best tasting Protein Powder I have had, and this would be a close second in terms of flavor. Yeah each product is there for a different reason, but obviously VMI has figured out the flavoring. This literally tasted like Chocolate Peanut Butter in my eyes and was a treat each time without being overly sweet. Delicious!

Mixability: This mixed extremely easy in my shaker. I would use about 10oz of water each time and after a couple quick shakes this would be mixed and ready to go. No clumping or residue left over.

Dosing: As a Protein Powder you dose this as needed to meet your daily goals. I dosed this a couple of different ways: Pre-Workout, Post-Workout, and as a snack.

The best way for me to judge effectiveness on a protein powder beyond the ingredients are digestibility and how it kept me full after drinking it based off my expectations. Digestibility wise this was one of the best digesting proteins I have ever had. I workout at 6am typically, and do not like to lift fasted so at times I would take a scoop of Protolyte around 5am to get something in my system. This digested quickly, and helped to give me the feeling that I had something in my system which is nice being that early in the morning. The last thing I want at 5am is a protein that sits in my gut. Taking this post workout or as a snack there was no change to this. Each time it would digest quickly and easily, and keep me full for close to an hour which is pretty good for a Protein Isolate. I take Isolates to get protein in my system quickly not to fill myself up, but this was nice when used as my protein source for a snack or if I had a long gap post workout until breakfast.

Recovery wise is hard to say since I take BCAAs, but I can say there was a slight increase in hydration when I took this. I did not think much of it, but did find myself feeling better post workout, so the added hydration did a nice job here.

I really enjoyed my run of this. After a couple weeks I usually get tired of the same protein flavor, but here the tub hit the bottom and I wanted more, so was a sad day! I never got tired of this product, so was pretty impressed here. I dare say this is my current favorite Whey Protein Isolate!

If you read any of the recent reviews, this just changed. The best current value for Protolyte is to buy it direct from VMI Sports and get 70 servings for $89.99. This comes out to around $1.29 per serving which is a bit expensive compared to cheaper bulk proteins but considering the quality processing, ingredient profile, and the added extras this is a good value in my eyes. This comes out about 4 cents cheaper per serving than NutraBio's Whey Protein Isolate so its a pretty nice deal. VMI Sports also offeres a Military Discount for Active Duty personnel, which I personally appreciate being a 19 year Army vet.

Side Effects

Running out! Nothing else!

Conclusion

This protein really surprised me and quickly became my favorite Whey Protein Isolate. The added extras here truly do make this a very easy digesting and delicious protein. Thanks again for the opportunity and I highly recommend this product, especially if you can grab it on sale!! Also VMI sent be some samples of other flavors that I have not gotten a chance to try out yet, but look forward to checking them out, so thank you for that guys!

Thanks to Flex Nutrition for sending it out!
        June 1, 2018

• Moderate Memory Support
      • Minor Joint Support
      • Mysterious 300mg Of Something

An average Fish Oil product, that can aid you as needed. Decently priced and effective, this is worth a shot.

38 years old, recovering from total reconstruction surgery on my left ankle, but finally back in the gym! I keep a Fish Oil in my daily stack due to its many benefits, but for me its there to aid in memory. When I saw this opportunity from Flex Nutrition it looked good and I wanted to give it a shot to see what the company is all about. Big thank you to SR and Flex Nutrition for making this review possible, I always do appreciate it! Lets see if this aided my flexing coming off surgery.

Pretty simple, each tablet will get you 1,000mg of Fish Oil, 400mg of EPA and 300mg DHA. Assuming the missing 300mg is some other form of Fish oil since it is not listed in the profile, this is common to see in a Fish Oil profile but does irritate me when the type of omega 3 is not listed. I like that this comes out to 1g as my doctor recently told me to get at least 3g of Fish oil daily due to low LDL levels, so it was easy to do the math here and take 3 pills daily. If you did not know EPA helps lessen inflammation in the body, while DHA is essential for brain health and function. All in all simple profile.

Taste: No taste to talk about as these are pills.

Mixability: Easy to swallow pills with a Gelatin coating, so no problems there.

Dosing: I started off taking 1 pill 2 times a day, but after talking with my doctor I moved to 3 pills in the morning with breakfast all at once. Dose this accordingly to meet your daily Omega 3 needs and really as you see fit.

A lot of reviews of Fish Oil concentrates on the Joint Support which is fine, but the main reason I take Fish Oil is for the memory support. There are numerous benefits depending on which article you read of Omega 3's but the big ones are Joint, Memory, and Heart Support. As far as Joint Support goes, when taking 1 pill twice a day, I did not feel much of it. When I switched to taking 3 pills with breakfast daily, I did notice a minor increase in my joints, but not enough to rely solely on this product to keep all my aches and pains at bay. That is fair as I was recently told you need to be on a Fish Oil for 90 days straight before the joint support benefits really kick in.

More importantly I gauge my Fish Oil on the memory support. I have had six TBIs in my 19 year Army career so my memory is not what it used to be. Typically I misplace words in a conversation so if I mean to say "put the dishes in the dishwasher" i tend to say "put the dishes in the washing machine." Plus my short term memory is not so great either but placebo or not I have had fish oils in the past really help me out here. Flex O-Mega did an okay job, it kept my memory at a decent level, so I would say moderate support. Not enough to make me pick this as my Fish Oil of choice, but the benefits were there.

Overall, there are benefits here and I think depending on why you take Fish Oil is what you will see in terms of benefits. Decent product here.

I could only find this for sale on Flex Nutritions site for 22.22 for 120 softgels. If you take 3 a day like I did this comes out to 56 cents a day. While its not the best price, I think its a fair and decent price for what you are getting here. There is some effectiveness so the value makes sense, so I would call this an average valued product.

Side Effects

Nothing. However if you take this too far apart from eating you will have the Fish burps. Taken with food this was not an issue.

Conclusion

An average Fish Oil product in my eyes. I easily recommend this since most people that take Fish Oil do not suffer from the extreme issues that I have. Fair price and easy to dose as needed, so we have a decent product here. If Flex Nutrition really wanted to make this product stand out, get it 3rd party tested at Labdoor or somewhere respectable. I feel this is important for Fish oil products and really does show that a company is willing to go the extra mile. The best success I have had on Fish Oil products are those rated highly on Labdoor and I do not believe that is a coincidence. Just food for thought guys!!

May 27, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Recovery
      • Average Hydration
      • Highly Effective
      • Unique Delivery Technology
      • Limited Availability

A BCAA product with unique delivery technologies included. At just 5g BCAAs a day this product was very effective in nearly eliminating DOMS altogether. At the current price of $23.99 for 30 servings this is a great deal and worth a try.

38 years old, recovering from total reconstruction surgery on my left ankle, but finally back in the gym! I received ISOi 9:2:2 as a bounty reward in the old school version of the program. So thank you to Clipper and Tommy for the opportunity to give this a shot and the patience as this took me longer than I originally thought to finish through. I finished half the tub pre-surgery and the last half post-surgery, so will explain accordingly in effectiveness. Normally I see brands like Performix and become a bit of a supplement snob and think its cheap and ineffective without really giving it a chance, so this was my first performix supplement. Lets see how it stacks up.

Right off the bat we have a prop blend in a prop blend which is in another prop blend. The madness of multiple prop blends, so lets explain each one. Overall you have the Performix ISO AminoComplex (12,802mg) which consists of the Performix Patent Pending Branched Chain Delivery Platform ISOi 9:2:2 BCAA (5,000mg) and the ISOi 9:2:2 Advanced Performance Complex (7,802mg).

The BCAA blend (5,000mg) "provides free form BCAA and exclusive Performix Terra Intelligent dosing beadlets." This technology is unique to Performix products and is designed to provide multi-phased extended release of ingredients. The ingredients that are part of this technology are your BCAAs, Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine. Basically the beads here are multi-coated consisting of dispersion coating and hydrophilic coating. The dispersion coating is designed for extended release while the hydrophilic coating provides delayed release. I have provided a photo of the breakdown below. Overall its pretty interesting and unique for sure and you know you are getting 5g per scoop of BCAAs.

The Performance Complex blend (7,802mg) consists of five further blends in which each is not specified how much exactly is included. Lets break these down since this is the first review and ensure these all make sense:

Recover and sustain system: Includes Citrulline DL-Malate 2:1, Betaine Anhydrous, and Glutamine. Citrulline is there to boost NO levels, Betaine is good for overall liver and cardio health, while glutamine is there for the recovery. I will assume most of these are under-dosed based off the sheer number of ingredients included in this blend, but this does not hurt to have.

Hydration Electrolyte System: Consists of Taurine, Di-Sodium Phosphate, Coconut Water Powder, Di-Potassium Phosphate. These are your basic hydration components. I personally love th inclusion of coconut water in BCAAs that I use intra-workout, so nice addition here.

Cognitive Priming System: Includes KSM-66 Ashwagandha (std. 5% Withanolides), Cognizin Citicoline, Alpha-GPC, and Huperzine A. So some pretty heavy hitters in the world of non-stim cognitive enhancers. An interesting addition, but unncessary in my eyes for this product, which we will discuss below. I would not go as far and say these may be filler ingredients, but I do not think the dosages can be high enough to truly be effective, at least they were not for me.

Advanced Peptide Delivery System: This gives you Pepform Leucine, Pepform Valine, Pepform Isoleucine, Pepform Citrulline, and Pepform Glutamine. The pepform system works in conjunction with the Terra beadlets to aid in delivery of the key ingredients into the body. This is a pretty unique thing and I like that they double tapped the real key ingredients here.

Amino Absorption Enhancer: One ingredient here, Astragin. I love to have Astragin included now as for me it works great to help the ingredients absorb into the body.

So overall this is a pretty robust profile for a BCAA product and one that provides unique technology in the Terra Beadlet and Pepform system. The patented ingredients and sources are KSM-66 (Ixoreal Biomed Private Limited), Cognizin (Kyowa Hakko Bio Co, Ltd.), AstraGin (NuLiv Science USA Inc), and Pepform (Glanbria PLC). I am finding it more and more important to include the companies the patented forms are from just for my edification. Yes, I hate that this is a huge prop blend, but one thing I am noticing in the BCAA market is that more and more companies are coming up with their unique blends and protecting them lately, so not a huge crisis.

Taste: I got the Sour Apple flavor and overally it was pretty good. It was slightly sweet, but not too bad. When drinking this Intra-workout if I drank to much at a time it would be too sweet but sipping it was fine. Post workout I enjoyed the flavor.

Mixability: This mixes fine, but the beadlets are a bit gritty. They would not quite absorb into the water all the way and I could taste the small beadlets. Not a big deal but kind of throws you off a bit. Very slight residue at the bottom of my shaker cups.

Dosing: I tried this multiple ways (pre,intra, and post workout). I tried this just dosing it on workout days at one scoop, I tried dosing one scoop on workout days and one scoop on rest days, and tried 2 scoops on workout days. We will discuss the various results below.

Well we all buy BCAA products to get rid of the dreaded DOMS and aid us in our recovery. When I saw the profile here I thought this was going to be great intra-workout product. Prior to my surgery for the first half of the tub I would only dose this at one scoop intra-workout. I did not take it on rest days at all. I found the recovery here to work very well, and I recovered better than I do with most BCAA products, I was actually quite impressed. Granted I would still be slightly sore, but not enough to stop me from working out. Post-surgery I started to dose this 1 scoop Intra-workout and 1 scoop on rest days. This was the most effective in my eyes as this completely eliminated and sort of soreness. The best test here was the first workout I did after my surgery. I had taken 6 weeks off the gym, and then went in for a chest day and we all know after that long of a break you are going to be sore. ISOi kicked in big time here and I hardly felt sore at all. I thought maybe I did not work hard enough, and the next week did the same workout without taking this, and there was a definite difference. A couple times I dosed this at 1 scoop pre and 1 scoop post workout, but found that to be unnecessary and almost a waste of the product itself. So yeah, I had a great experience here and it truly changed my outlook on Performix products. Now of course lets talk label claims:

Build, Hydrate, Restore: There definitely is not enough Citrulline or Betaine in here to help you build muscle, but this does keep you hydrated and restores your muscles for the next session. So maybe an indirect way to build. I found the hydration to be okay, not as great as I have had in Intra Blast, but I found myself not having to hit the water fountain at all as long as I was sipping this. As I discussed above the recovery was on par with the best I have had in a BCAA.

Superior Peptide Delivery: I am going to go out on a limb and say that the delivery system in here is pretty great. I really think that made the big difference in my recovery with this product. Typically 5g of BCAAs do not cut it for me, I require around 10g a day, but not here. I was actually surprised how well 5g worked here, so its gotta be due to the delivery system.

Mental & Physical Recovery: So the mental portion I think can be removed here entirely. Non-Stim ingredients do not work well on me to begin with and I did not feel a difference in focusing when I drank this intra-workout or when I did not. Its likely too under-dosed to do much, plus most people are going to get their focus from a PWO these days. We already discussed the physical recovery portion.

So no crazy label claims, and an effective product no matter when you like to take your BCAAs. I found it most effective 1 scoop intra-workout and on rest days, but it was not a significant difference if I took it pre or post workout. Nice product here.

The cheapest I could find this was from the Performix site itself. 30 servings for $23.99 which would cost you around 80 cents a day. Considering how well this worked and the unique delivery system and patented ingredients in here I say this is a great deal! Of note this price only pertains to the Cherry Limeade and Blue Razz Ice flavors for some reason, but whatever!

Side Effects

Conclusion

I did forget to mention that I enjoyed the square tub look of this product. Its the little things that amuse me. Overall, I highly recommend this product and this truly caught me off guard. This has me looking harder into more Performix products because they got it right here. Thanks to SR for this opportunity, and hope this review helps someone out in the future.

Overall
      Overall
      2.8
      3.5
      2.0
        May 19, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
        • Capsules Have Bad Taste And Smell
        • No Restful Sleep
        • Prop Blend
        • All Ingredients Under-dosed
        • Filler Ingredients
        • 10mg Melatonin Per Capsule

Disappointing sleep aid product that claims to aid in sleep, fat burning and cortisol reduction. A prop blend of under-dosed ingredients in which the Melatonin is dosed too high for my liking. Save your money on this one and check out a more effective sleep aid since there is a market full of them.

38 years old, recovering from total reconstruction surgery on my left ankle, but finally back in the gym! This is a product I received a few months back on the old school Bounty system, so a big thank you to Tommy and Clipper for allowing me to run this as a bounty reward. I chose this product because MAN Sports intrigues me as a company, and this has not been reviewed in 6 years, so I figure it was time to test it out. After having some success and restful nights and refreshed wake-ups thanks to products such as Resurrect PM and Fade Out, sleep aids have become a part of my stack for most of the year. Lets see if REM PM lived up to the self hype I gave it.

Right off the bat we have the dreaded prop blend. I realize this is an old product, but it would be nice to see MAN Sports update the labeling here to break down the actual dosage. I did reach out to a rep from MAN Sports and they did let me know that each tablet includes 10mg of Melatonin, which is high in my opinion as I typically do not like to dose past 5mg if at all. Since the only other review for this did not really break down each ingredient and some have strange names allow me to briefly touch on each as its pretty packed in for a prop blend. Each breakdown and my opinion is based off 1 tablet.

REM PM Opti-Blend (430mg)

Valeriana Officinalis Root Extract: Commonly known simply as Valerian, it is commonly used for its sedative and anxiety reducing effects. Standard dosage of this is 450mg, and since that would exceed the entire prop blend we know that it is not nearly as much in here. Like Melatonin if this is taken at high doses it can give you a sleep hangover the next day. I have had success with this dosed at 600mg so I can safely say this is well under dosed.

GABA: This is a depressive neurotransmitter, that is used for stress relief and goes great with any NO increasing agents. Like a lot of ingredients out there more research needs to be conducted, but 3-5g of GABA is used for the purpose of enhancing growth hormone metabolism. In other products 500mg - 1g typically works well here, so again under-dosed.

L-Tryptophan Ethyl Ester: I could not find much on my own Googling skills about this, but according to MAN Sports site Tryptophan helps you make serotonin which promotes healthy sleep and a stable mood. As far as dosing goes, I have no clue.

L-Carnitine: Most of us are familiar with this, especially for aiding in fat loss. This can also boost exercise performance and aid in your mood. There are a couple different forms out there, specifially L-Carnitine should be dosed between 500mg-2g, so once again under-dosed.

Green Tea (98% polyphenols, 50% EGCG): This was added for the fat-burning qualities. According to EXAMINE, significant effects have only been seen at high doses of 400-500mg at 50% EGCG. So, you guessed it, under-dosed.

Phosphatidyl-serine: Also known as PS, this aids in cognitive decline. Effects have been seen at 100mg taken three times a day, so here this likely is not doing much.

Ginkgo Biloba: Most people are familiar with this guy, its another ingredient for cognitive health. 120-240mg is recommended dose here, but with all the ingredients here in such a small blend its probably not dosed high enough.

5-Hydroxytyptophan: Simply known as 5-HTP, its a precursor to serotonin. Typical dose should be between 300-500mg.

L-Alpha-Glycerylphosphorycholine: The easy term we are used to seeing this is Alpha GPC. This is used to more cognitive promotion and to enhance power output. 300-600mg is the most common dosage found here.

Melatonin (10mg): If you did not know, melatonin is a hormone secreted in the brain that regulates sleep typically used as a sleep aid and is non-addictive. This gives you some good restful sleep and in my opinion this is dosed a bit too high.

If you skipped ahead, in a nutshell, this is a prop blend with a bunch of under-dosed ingredients included. You have 5 ingredients used for relaxation and sleep, 2 for fat burning, and 3 for cognitive enhancement. Kind of a strange mix if you ask me, its a case of a product trying to do too much at once. To make this product better, MAN should just focus on the sleep enhancement properties and up all of their dosages. The rest just seem to be nice buzz word ingredients used as fillers to simply sell the product. Pretty disappointing profile!

Taste: The capsules do have a slight bad taste and smell to them. Nothing too overwhelming but I definitely wanted to swallow it as fast as possible as it never left a good taste in my mouth.

Mixability: Pill form and they were swallowed easily and with no issues.

Dosing: This is where the product gets interesting. Label recommends starting with 1 pill then moving up to 2 pills. Once I found out there was 10mg of Melatonin in 1 pill, I refused to take 2. In the past I have taken products with 20mg of Melatonin in it, and while it will not hurt you, it is just about the worst sleep hangover you can imagine no matter how much sleep you get. Most of these ingredients would still be under-dosed with 2 pills, so I do not see the point of ever taking more than 1 per night. I took this 30-45 minutes before I went to sleep.

Since this product wants to be much more than a sleep aid, lets just break this down by label claims and my experience based off those claims

Overnight Fat loss & Cortisol Reduction: The Carnitine and Green Tea are the big fat burners included here, but they are not dosed nearly enough to have any effect. I saw no change in this at all.

GH & Hormone Optimizer: GABA is supposed to play a big part here, but again there is not even close to enough of a dose to make a difference. I saw absolutely no effect here as I never woke up rested, refreshed or any of those nice effects you would have when you optimize your GH and hormones.

Support Adrenal System: Like the above claim, this is a fancy way to say reduce cortisol levels. I am not sure how this product intended to do such a thing, as I felt no change here.

Deep Relaxing REM Sleep: I did not have one night of deep restful sleep as I have felt on other products in recent memory.

Overall, this product kind of confused me. It did put me to sleep (likely the valerian and melatonin) when I was ready to fall asleep but never kept me asleep nor did I truly hit a REM cycle with this. At first glance as a sleep aid this works initially, but does not last throughout the night and compared to what it claims to do, the products a complete bust in my opinion. Honestly I felt I slept worse while taking this and I can for sure say my mornings were much harder to get going than they would be if I took nothing at all before bed.

You can grab this from I'll Pump you up for $27.95 that comes with 60 servings. That boils down to 47 cents a night if you take 1 pill, which looks like a great deal. However, I couple value with effectiveness and I saw absolutely no change in my sleep taking this versus when I did not take this. For just under a dollar a serving you can get products like Fade out (REDCON1) or Resurrect PM (RCSS) that have properly dosed ingredients and are extremely effective. In a market with a lot of Sleep aids, this simply has no value in my eyes.

Side Effects

You will likely have a sleep hangover, meaning that groggy wake up feeling due to 10mg of Melatonin included. Pills also have a bad taste and smell to them, so make sure you swallow them ASAP!!

Conclusion

Overall I was disappointed in this product and simply cannot recommend it to anyone. I felt no real difference outside of maybe falling asleep a few minutes quicker on days that I took this versus days I did not. This may simply be a case of a product that came out a long time ago that was never updated, but I do not see its purpose than a simple marketing item for MAN Sports. With MAN Sports having so many other great products out there this one felt like they did not put the same care or time into making it. I actually felt like I slept worse when taking this and was more restless throughout the night, hence the low score. Swing and a miss here.

Thanks to Flex Nutrition for sending it out!
          May 18, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Effective
        • Missing Vitamin K
        • Low D3 And Magnesium Dose

A Multi-vitamin that includes Iron and is missing Vitamin K. Very well priced and includes a couple extra's, some that are low-dosed. A few key ingredients here are at a lower dose than I am used to seeing in a multi.

38 years old, recovering from total reconstruction surgery on my left ankle, but finally back in the gym! I always like to keep a Multi-Vitamin in my daily stack. Any opportunity I have at trying out a new company (new to me that is) and seeing what their multi brings to the table I will always jump at the chance. For me its a good way to get to know a company, as something as basic as this, because if you can get the basics right then its likely the more "complicated" supplements offered by that company will have the same care. Big thank you to Flex Nutrition and SR for the opportunity to try and review this product. Lets see how Flex Nutrition did with the Mega Multi.

I keep an excel spreadsheet of all Multi's I have tried since joining this site to aid me in giving a fair comparison and review. The essential vitamins I look at are Vitamins A, B6, B12, C, D, E, K, Folic Acid, and Calcium. I also like to see Zinc, Chromium, Magnesium, and Boron included, but those are not as necessary in my eyes. Mega Multi gives a low dose of Vitamin D3 (400 IU per tablet) as I typically like to see a minimum of 600IU included. I have started to take a stand alone D3 pill so its not a big deal, but it would be great to have a multi that gives you all you need so you do not have to take a seperate pill. There is also a low serving of Magnesium (25mg) as other Multi's I have taken have at least 100mg included.

One big issue I have here is that we are missing Vitamin K. Vitamin K aids in blood clotting, and likely this is not included so people that are on Blood Thinners can take this. Again this is not a deal breaker, but I personally am not happy not having Vitamin K included, but this will vary person to person. I like to get Multi-Vitamins out of my multi.

This does include Iron (18mg) which is the highest dose of Iron I have had in a multi yet. While I am okay with this, others do not like to have Iron in their Multi's as 60mg and higher can be dangerous. No issue for me, but worth bringing up. Boron is not included here, which is not an essential vitamin but I like to have it included to aid my body in making testosterone.

The notable additions to the essential vitamins that stood out to me were 30mg Betaine and 1mg Trace Mineral Complex. Typically you will want at least 1g of Betaine to see its effect, so while I do like the addition its a bit low to really be effective. Trace Mineral Complex include a slew of needed minerals and low doses of 1mg can be effective, so at least we have a minimum dose here.

There is a high dose of B6 (100mg) and Chromium (250mcg) included as well which is always great to see. The rest of the vitamins I did not mention are adequately dosed. So to sum it up we have a low dose of D3, and Magnesium while we are missing Vitamin K.

Taste: No weird taste or anything from the tablets.

Mixability: Nothing to mix, but while the tablets appeared a bit large they were easy to swallow.

Dosing: One tablet daily with a meal. I took mine each day with breakfast, easy!

This is the hardest part in gauging a Multi. Typically I rate the effectiveness on if I got sick at all during the run, but of course there are a lot of variables at that as well. I did not get sick during this run so the Multi did do its job. One thing I will point out though is this did not feel as effective to me as other Multi's that I have taken. I was on the verge of getting sick once or twice on this run, but managed to kick it within a day. On other Multi's I never really feel even the slightest hint of sickness. Overall, this does an average job for you as a Multi-Vitamin should.

You can get 60 servings for $20.20 from Flex Nutrition themselves. This comes out to 34 cents a day which is one of the better values I have seen in a multi. If this mutli meets your daily requirements then its a great deal, but for me for just a little bit more you can get added greens or other extra's and Vitamin K, so this comes out to just a slightly average value in my opinion. I like to combine effectiveness with price to gauge the real value. If this had Vitamin K, more D3, and higher magnesium then this would be rated a lot higher for me.

Side Effects

Due to the high dose of B2 (riboflavin) you are going to experience the neon yellow pee. Pretty common in a multi high in riboflavin.

Conclusion

If you are looking for a multi without Vitamin K that also includes a high dose of Iron then this may be right for your. I typically do not need the extra Iron, but I do like my Vitamin K so this fell a bit short for me. Its very well priced and will do the job at keeping your immune system healthy. Not a bad option just depends on what you need from your daily multi!

9.4
          May 11, 2018

• True Label Disclosure
        • High Quality
        • No Bloat
        • Unflavored Enhances Sweetness Of Product You Mix It With

A high quality carb supplement with some added hydration support. Fairly priced and highly effective, you will be hard pressed to find a better carb supplement than this.

38 years old, recovering from total reconstruction surgery on my left ankle, but finally back in the gym! In the last year I have started to include a Carb during my intra workout regimen, and have found that I really enjoy the energy that it gives me during my workouts. Super Carb was one of the first ones I had tried, and one that I took the longest. So without further ado, lets do review #36 for this product!

As we all know this is a fully disclosed label from NutraBio. The important ingredients here to talk about are each 25.8g serving (1 scoop) nets you 25g Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin (as in ClusterDextrin) and a 882mg blend of Electrolyte Optimizer which consists of 525mg Calic-K, 157mg Sodium Phosphate, and 140mg Albion Di-Magnesium Malate.

Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin (HBCD) is a source of carbohydrates and is synthesized through the breakdown of starch by an enzyme that forms clusters of sugar molecules. Basically, HBCDs are absorbed and sent to the muscles quicker than your traditional carbs. A great breakdown is found here on SR at https://supplementreviews.com/ingredients/highly-branched-cyclic-dextrin

I like the addition of electrolytes here truly making this product great no matter if you take it pre,post or intra workout. I have only had two other Carb products (Cluster Bomb, Intra-Elite) and this is the only one in my experience that adds this in. This makes me happy since I take my carbs intra-workout, so any additional hydration I can get while working out is great.

Taste: I used the Raw Unflavored version and mixed this with BCAAs intra-workout. While this has no taste in itself it does tend to make whatever you mix it with a little bit sweeter. I have found with BCAAs like Green Apple flavored that it almost makes it too sweet, but not undrinkable by any means. I had a couple sample packs and tried the Raspberry Lemonade and Strawberry Kiwi flavors as well and I really enjoyed both of those. They were not too sweet and felt refreshing while drinking it during my workouts. In the future I am probably going to choose the flavored route instead of the unflavored.

Mixability: No issues here, the powder mixed right up with water and any BCAAs I was mixing this with. I never had any residue on the bottom of the shaker cup when it was done with, so nothing was wasted.

Dosing: The directions say to take 1-2 scoops pre,intra,or post workout as needed. I always took one scoop intra-workout, as I found that worked best for me.

So as I said I always dosed this at 1-scoop intra-workout. This is one of those effects that is hard to tell exactly how it works especially since I usually take a PWO and I mix this with BCAAs. A few times I would take this for about two weeks straight and then go a week without Super Carb to see the difference. What I found is that Super Carb does give me a slight energy boost on my long workouts (60-90 minutes) and helps me to take minimal rest and keep going when I start to get tired. Now its not the same energy boost something of a stimulant property would give you, its more of a food type source so it helps give you that little more oomph. I workout first thing in the morning, so having a carb source intra-workout is great for me because if I am fasted then I tend to get tired faster and feel a little weak at times.

As far as the hydration goes from the electrolytes, I would say this had minimal effect for me. After taking products like Intra-Blast in the past, my bar is set pretty high for hydration enhancers intra-workout. I would get hydrated to the point here where I would have to take a break and hit the bathroom, but I could go a whole 60 minute workout sipping on this and maybe hit the water fountain only twice. So it does help a little bit, but after my workouts I still found myself needing more water. Without Super Carb I found myself hitting the water fountain almost every other set, so this did a nice job, even if it was minimal.

Overall Super Carb is a great intra-workout carb source for me. I would imagine this would also work great pre or post workout, but I never took it that way. I really enjoyed my run and since I have run out and am trying a different carb source currently, it makes me miss Super Carb a lot. You could pretty much just taste the high quality here. Also, I never had any bloating or issues digesting the HBCDs, the digestion was seamless of these carbs.

I ordered the 60 serving tub for $59.99 direct from NutraBio. NutraBio gives a military discount to for active duty members (I believe its 15%) so that is something I always appreciate. Currently this is still the best deal, you can buy the 60 servings for $59.99 from NutraBio, Suppz.com, bb.com, jet, Amazon, or GNC. To me a dollar a scoop is a pretty darn good deal here considering you are getting a high qulaity carb source plus some hydration support. Great value for great quality, nuff said!

Side Effects

None at all.

Conclusion

Once again, NutraBio has made a supplement that I absolutely love. To date the best carb supps I have taken are Super Carb and Cluster Bomb, with Super Carb nudging ahead due to its added electrolytes and slightly better mixability. If you are in the market for a high quality carb source at a fair price, then look no further. I highly recommend Super Carb and this will be returning to my stack in the near future, as there are plenty more flavors to try out!!