DaSlaya

• Member has been active for 2 years, and was last online today

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by DaSlaya

Overall
Thanks to Formula168 for sending it out!
  December 8, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Minor Focus
  • Under-Dosed Ingredients
  • Slight Crash

Nootropic that gave me some very minor focus with a slight crash afterwards. Most ingredients are under-dosed, however you can get this at a cheap price on Amazon.

39 years old and I lift 5 days a week. In the last year I have gotten into trying Nootropics to aid me in focus and an energy boost to get rid of those afternoon blues. Thank you to TROOPer and Formula 168 for the opportunity to try this.

Fully disclosed label which is always appreciated. This contains quite a bit of ingredients, some common and others not so common, so I will briefly hit each one. Dosage is based off one serving (2 Capsules).

L-Theanine (280mg): L-Theanine is a relaxing and nondietary amino acid found pretty much exclusively in teas from Camellia sinensis (alongside green tea catechins and caffeine) and is known to promote relaxation without sedation. It appears to be effective at this as well as reducing stress at standard dosages. L-Theanine tends to be taken in the dosage of 100-200mg, usually alongside caffeine. (Examine.com) Here we have a healthy dose.

N-Acetyl L-Carnitine HCL (230mg): Known as ALCAR this has a variety of uses, but for this purpose it is to improve cognition. ALCAR is typically dosed at 630-2,500mg daily for cognitive enhancement, so this is a bit low.

Bacopa Extract (Std. to 50% Total Bacosides) (220mg): Bacopa monnieri is a nootropic herb that has been used in traditional medicine for longevity and cognitive enhancement. Supplementation can reduce anxiety and improve memory formation. You want this at 300mg with 55% Bacosides, so we have a low dose and a bit low on the standardization.

DMAE L-Bitartrate (200mg): DMAE is a compound that is known as a mind health compound. It does this by reducing buildup of what is known as the 'age pigment', which impairs cognitive function and is implicated in the cognitive decline with age. It can also increase levels of the compound involved with memory, acetylcholine. No known dosages exist.

Alpha lipoic Acid (190mg): Typically taken with L-Carnitine, ALA provides a short but potent reduction of oxidation by increasing anti-oxidant enzymes, and may decrease blood glucose acutely. This may aid in neurological decline as well. Typical dosage is 300-600mg, so we are low here.

Green Tea Extract (Std. to 98% Polyphenols & 50% EGCG) (144mg): Typically used for fat-burning, you want 400-600mg with 50% EGCG. We have a low dose here, and really I am not sure why this ingredient is included.

Boswellia Serrata Extract (Std. to 65% Boswellic Acid) (50mg): An Ayurvedic herb also classified as a phytopharmaceutical (H15; Europe) which appears to be quite anti-inflammatory, helpful against osteoarthritis, and may help cerebral edema. Boswellia serrata appears to have preliminary evidence for anti-inflammatory joint disorders. 100-250mg daily with food is recommended, so we have a low dose here. Another ingredient I do not see as needed.

Cat's Claw Powder (30mg): Uncaria Tomentosa (Cat's Claw) is an Amazonian vine that has been traditionally recommended for anti-inflammatory and fatigue syndromes. 250-350mg daily is recommended, so a low dose here.

Macuna Prureins Extract 4:1 (25mg) Also known as Velvet Bean this is your source of L-Dopa which has many uses ranging from mood to aiding in parkinsons disease. No real dosage requirements that I know of, but I am typically used to seeing this in the 100-150mg range in Nootropics.

Ginkgo Biloba Extract 4:1 (15mg) Ginkgo biloba is the most commonly ingested herb for brain health. While it may boost cognition in older populations, this effect is not very reliable or generalizable. For cognitive enhancement, take 120-240mg, one to four hours before performance. To alleviate cognitive decline in older adults, take 40-120mg, three times a day. Once again a low dose.

Huperzine A (2mcg): Huperzine-A is a cognitive enhancer that inhibits an enzyme that degrades the learning neurotransmitter, acetylcholine; due to this, a relative increase occurs. Typically this is dosed between 50-200mcg daily, so this is a low dose here.

So as you can see this has a lot of ingredients, with the majority of them being below the recommended dosages.

Taste/Mixability: Nothing to report here as these are capsules. No weird taste or smell.

Dosing: Directions state to take 2 capsules when focus is needed, not to exceed 4 capsules per day. I dosed this once a day at 2 capsules mid afternoon.

The first three or four days on this, I thought that it worked well. After dose 4 however, and throughout the bottle from there it seemed to not do much of anything for me. I am thinking this may have been a placebo effect. The first few days I felt a slight boost in energy and did get some nice focus. After that there was no real energy boost and I felt there was some slight focus in there, but not a lot from what I have experienced on other Nootropics in the past. Most days I would also have a slight crash after about 2 hours of taking this, which really surprised me since this is not a high stim product. Either way the product had very minor results for me, and overall did not work that well. It may work better for others.

You can go to the Formula 168 website and get a 14 day free trial, however, you are signing up for a subscription. Only other place that sells this is Amazon where you can get this for a one time purchase of $21.95 with free shipping for Prime members. That comes out to 73 cents a day, which really is not a bad deal at all. However, the effects were not enough for me, so not much more than average value here.

Side Effects

Most days I had a slight crash two hours after taking this.

Conclusion

Overall, this is an under-dosed Nootropic that gave me some very minor focus. Nootropics are all the rage these days and I have had better ones in the past.

9.5
  November 20, 2018

• Mood Elevation
  • No Prop Blends
  • Good Pumps
  • Works Great At 1 Or 2 Scoops
  • Good Endurance
  • No Crash

A PWO that works great with one or two scoops depending on what you want to get out of this product. It can be fairly expensive at face value without a sale, but it is worth the money in my opinion. Great energy, endurance, and pumps are to be had here.

39 years old and I lift 5 days a week, currently doing GZCL UHF 9 week. The Ghost line of supplements has intrigued me since I first discovered them a couple years back. They are relatively new to the scene and sell a lifestyle instead of just supplements. Granted it is all marketing, I still find it interesting. I finally got around to trying Legend, so let us see just how legendary of a pre workout this truly is.

For the important macros one scoop nets you 5 calories, 1g carbs, 0g sugar, 39mg calcium, and 43mg potassium. This fully disclosed label is broken down into two main categories, so let us discuss those: **dosage is based off one scoop**

Ghost Legend
L-Citrulline (4,000mg): Citrulline is an amino acid that turns into Arginine in the kidneys after supplementation. Citrulline raises NO levels in the body, dosage to enhance sports performance are 6-8g an hour prior to exercise, so at one scoop it is a bit low.

CarnoSyn Beta-Alanine (2,000mg): Beta Alanine aids in recovery and endurance and gives you those magical tingles. Typically 2-5g daily is what you want, so here we have the minimum which is fine. Also the CarnoSyn is the best version of Beta-Alanine, so Ghost did not skimp here.

Agmatine Sulfate (500mg): Agmatine Sulfate lowers pain and depression and typically does not go well with Citrulline (according to Examine.com) though you see them paired up quite a bit in PWOs. No real known dosage exists here.

Norvaline (100mg): Norvaline supports the body's arginine concentrations and is here to assist in regulation of both NO and blood flow. So, yeah here for the pumps. 100-300mg are recommended amounts to take 30-45 minutes prior to training, so good to go.

Ghost Smart Energy
Taurine (1,000mg): Taurine increases blood flow, and recommended dosage is 500mg - 2g; it is also said to never exceed 3g a day, as it may be toxic to the body at those levels, so this dosage is good to go as long as you are not supplementing taurine in any other supplements (depending on how many scoops of this you take).

Caffeine (202mg): If you do not know what this is, you have no business taking a PWO. This breaks down to 165mg of Caffeine Anhydrous and 50mg delivering 37mg of Di-Caffeine Malate. The Anhydrous will hit you quickly while the Malate will have a slower release into your body. I really like when PWOs do this, so the energy lasts longer.

Alpha-GPC (150mg): Alpha-glycerophosphocholine (Alpha-GPC or -GPC) is a cholinergic compound that is used for its cognitive-promoting properties, and to enhance power output in athletes. A standard dosage of alpha-GPC is 300-600 mg, according to the most common label doses. This dose is in accordance with the study using alpha-GPC to enhance power output (600 mg) and the two studies noting an increase in growth hormone secretion, and is likely a good dose to take for athletes. So at one scoop this is fairly low for its purpose.

Rhodiola Root Extract (50mg): Rhodiola rosea is an herb that's popular for its "adaptogenic" properties (reducing fatigue and exhaustion in prolonged stressful situations). Usage of rhodiola as a daily preventative against fatigue has been reported to be effective in doses as low as 50mg.

Theobromine (50mg): Cocoa extract that exhibits a stimulant-like effect similar to caffeine, but much smoother and longer-lasting. Unsure of proper dosing here.

Olive Leaf Extract (40% Oleuropein) (50mg): Supplemental olive leaf is taken in the 500-1000 mg range daily, although supplements with even as low as 10 mg (as seen in olive oil products) may confer good protection against LDL oxidation. At least for LDL oxidation, olive food products may suffice rather than supplementation. (Examine.com)

NADH 10% (2.5mg): NADH is used for improving mental clarity, alertness, concentration, and memory; as well as for treating Alzheimer's disease and dementia. Because of its role in energy production, NADH is also used for improving athletic performance and treating chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). (WebMD) 5-10mg is sufficient for chronic fatigue syndrome, so a bit low at one dose.

Rauwolfia Root Extract (1mg): Could not find much on this but Ghost states this is here for long lasting energy without anxiousness.

Overall, it is a good profile and most ingredients are dosed well for one scoop. I have no real issues here, appreciate the fully disclosed label, and I am always happy to see no filler ingredients. I do believe they designed Legend to be taken 1-2 scoops, so all dosages here allow that flexibility.

Taste: I bought the Sour Black Cherry (Warheads) flavor and thought it was pretty good. It definitely will pucker you up, especially if you workout in the early morning (6am) like I do. It does have a bit of a vinegar like after taste, but nothing unbearable. I did get some nice hints of cherry in it which I enjoyed. So yeah, very decent and easy to drink pre, just understand that it is based off Warheads, so that is why its sour.

Mixability: Some slight foaming initially on shaking it up, but that is to be expected in most PWOs. It would settle down very quickly, and at times I shook it up and then slammed it with no issues. I had no residue left over, so I had the piece of mind I was getting an actual full scoop and not wasting any in my shaker bottle.

Dosing: I dosed this 30 minutes prior to my workouts at both 1 scoop and 2 scoops.

What I look for in a PWO is an energy boost, endurance, pumps, and focus. Since I dosed this at 1 scoop, 2 scoops, and with Ghost Pump I will explain how each way effected me.

1-scoop: I know what you are thinking, you are thinking that 202mg of Caffeine cannot nearly be enough for you in today's world where PWOs range from 300-500mg per scoop. Well for me one scoop did a nice job. I have had a wide range of caffeine in my PWOs over the years, and this was good enough for me. It gave me an okay energy boost to get to the gym, the endurance was enough to get me through 60-90 minutes of lifting without me getting tired, the pumps were average, and focus was okay. I really never noticed much in terms of focus, but I typically stay on track without focus ingredients, so it is hard to judge here. The energy was low key and did not hit me like a ton of bricks. This was sufficient to me, but alas I just had to try two scoops.

2-scoops: I felt this was unnecessary, but WOW this went from a good product to a GREAT product. The energy was still very low-key I did not get jittery or anything like that, the beta-alanine became very prevalent with those tingles and everything was enhanced. I had enough energy and endurance during my workouts and for about an hour afterwards which was awesome. This did not give me a crash either. The pumps were above average here, and became very obvious on my high rep days. Again with focus, I did not notice much, but that may just be me. So yeah this was awesome.

1-scoop + Pump: I wanted to see how this combo worked, and it worked extremely well. Pump by itself works great (review coming later) and this took the pumps to the point they were painful. This rivals the best pump PWO I have ever taken (Quake 10.0) and may even be slightly better. Definitely a great combo to try out.

So yeah, this was an above average PWO in my eyes at one scoop, and one of my top best and favorite PWOs with two scoops. I really enjoyed this run and was very sad when it ended.

As you may know with most Ghost products they tend to be expensive. You can utilize the code PRICEPLOW and get this for $35.99 for 30 scoops which comes out to $1.20 a scoop before shipping and handling. So yes this can be expensive at two scoops a pop, but once you factor in effectiveness and quality you truly get what you pay for here. Keep an eye out for those rare Ghost sales (Black Friday sale starts Thursday 22 Nov 2018 at midnight CST) and you can get a good deal. I am giving this a 7.5 simply because I had no buyers remorse or regrets paying this price at all, because it worked great for me. For you Military folks out there, contact Ghost and you will get 20% off at all times.

Side Effects

Well this did give me some gastrointestinal distress as most PWOs do. Every time I have any dose of caffeine I have to hit the bathroom, so if you are like me, give yourself some time before hitting those weights to prepare yourself.

Conclusion

No matter how I dosed Legend I felt it did a nice job to get me to the gym and crush my workouts. It is flexible enough you can use this for a lower stim PWO option (as my wife does) or double the dose and get that Legendary effect. You get what you pay for here, so if you have the money and are looking to try out a PWO with unique flavors, then give Legend a shot. I highly recommend this product, and this is one of my favorite PWOs out there now. I will definitely be picking up more this black Friday!!

Thanks to Body Nutrition for sending it out!
  November 18, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Price
  • Taste
  • Diverse Sources Of Protein
  • Digestive Enzymes

Update 11/20/2018:
Yeah for as effective and delicious this is, the price is almost a steal! Definitely going to try out other flavors in the future!!

Update 11/20/2018:
Thanks bud. Yeah for as good as it was I was surprised at the price. Definitely a go to protein in the future when I need more!!

Update 11/20/2018:
Thanks bud. Yeah for as good as it was I was real surprised at the price. Could be a go too protein in the future!!

-----

A blended protein powder with some added extras to aid your digestion. Very well priced and tastes great. This is very effective for what you require from a protein powder.

39 years old and I lift 5 days a week, currently doing GZCL UHF 9 week. I like to keep a blended protein in my daily stack to take post workout, as it gives me my protein needs as well as keeps me from being too hungry until I eat breakfast. I have not tried anything from Body Nutrition before, so after researching some of their flavors and past reviews, I decided to give this a shot when it became available. Big thank you to SR and Body Nutrition for making this review possible.

Each 34g scoop nets you 120 Calories, 1g Fat, 20mg Cholesterol, 5g Carbs, 24g Protein, 105mg Sodium, and 100mg Digestive enzymes. I appreciate the sodium being at a low level as I have to watch my daily sodium intake and most blended proteins tend to have quite a bit.

The protein breaks down to 45% (10.8g) Whey, 45% (10.8g) Micellar Casein, and 10% (2.4g) Egg Whites. The protein is a blend of Pure Undenatured & Nonthermally Processed Milk Protein Isolate, Cross-Flow Nanofiltered Whey Protein Isolate, Ultrafiltered Whey Protein Concentrate, and Egg Albumen.

Besides the digestive enzymes you also get 2.5g Fiber here as well to help you with your daily fiber needs.

I think this is a pretty good profile for a blended protein, with the big points being the digestive enzymes, and the low sodium content. This can easily fit into your daily macros no matter what your goal is.

Taste: I recieved the CinnaBun flavor, and man it was delicious!! It tasted very close to an actual cinnabun, but a much healthier option. This was a treat and something I looked forward to driving home from the gym each day.

Mixability: This mixed very easily with water and milk. Just a couple of shakes in the shaker and you were off and drinking. This did not leave any weird residue or anything like that either.

Dosing: Its a protein so you take this as needed. I took one scoop post workout on training days and when I woke up on rest days.

The best way for me to judge a Protein's effectiveness is how it digested and if it kept me from being too hungry prior to me eating breakfast. The added digestive enzymes really go a long way in aiding digestion here. I had no issues in this department and this was one of the easiest digesting protein blends I have ever used. Most protein blends for me tend to sit in my stomach a bit and digests slowly, but this one digested as fast as a pure Isolate would for me. i am becoming a big fan of added enzymes for protein powders.

This did not keep me as full as other blended proteins, which I chalk up mainly to the digestive properties. I have about an hour gap between taking this post workout and eating breakfast, so this did its job in this aspect. However, some days I would get pretty hungry about a half hour in, but not starving.

Overall, digestion and taste wise this product is one of the best I have ever had in a blended protein, but keeping me full wise was about average. I was very happy with this run and it did everything that I needed it to.

The best price I could find this is at DPS Nutrition via Priceplow for $44.98 for 4lb (53 servings). That comes out to 85 cents a serving which is a pretty great price for what you are getting here. I believe this really has some quality ingredients, and with a price like that it is tough too beat.

Side Effects

None at all.

Conclusion

For a blended protein powder this truly does have a pretty great macro breakdown with low sodium. The added extras such as digestive enzymes and fiber really help this product to stand out in a flooded market. You can find this for a great price and it tastes amazing, so if you are in the market for a blended protein you should definitely give Trutein a shot. I highly recommend this product, and I will be trying the other flavors in the future.

Overall
Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
  November 9, 2018

• Improved Vascularity
  • Leaning Effect
  • Muscle Hardness
  • Temporary Libido Increase
  • Hormone Regulator
  • Minor Dry Joints

An Aromataste Inhibitor that does a nice job. This will get you that muscle hardness feeling rather quickly, may increase you libido, increase your vascularity, and you may experience some leaning out. Pretty cheap price for some quality stuff.

39 years old and I lift 5 days a week, currently doing GZCL UHF 9 week. If you did not know Terima Kasih translates to Thank You in Indonesian. I thought it rhymed with Arima-XD, anyways. I, like many others, loved Arimistaine from VMI last year, and when they did away with the ingredient I was pretty sad. Then I saw some rave reviews on Arima-XD as the predecessor to Arimistaine, so I had to give it a shot the next chance I had. I recently tested low for testosterone about two months ago, so now it makes more sense to me why AIs work well for me. Big thank you to SR and VMI for allowing me the opportunity to try and review this for your reading pleasure.

Fully disclosed profile which is appreciated, especially for an AI. Each dosing size is 2 capsules and that gives you 30IU of Vitamin E, and lets briefly talk the rest:

Estrogen & Cortisol Domination
Calcium-D-Glucarate (350mg): I will not elaborate here too much as it is fairly confusing to me. The best response is from Tom Reilly (President of VMI Sports) in reply to @Cray review in the comments section. In a nutshell at high doses this can have some anti-cancer properties and may reduce all steroid toxins (Test, Estrogen, DHEA, Etc..) for a short time. So I assume this is put here to get rid of that nasty Estrogen.

Diindolymethane (DIM) (150mg): This was my first time trying out DIM. It is found in broccoli, kale, and cauliflower and can inhibit the aromatase enzyme (and prevent conversion of testosterone into estrogen) and i can act on more potent forms of estrogen and convert them into less potent forms. This conversion can reduce the overall effects of estrogen in the body. So, some pretty good stuff. Too much DIM at once can actually have the opposite effect, so be cautious. 100mg has been said to provide results, so I think the dosing here is safe and good.

Indole-3-Carbinol (150mg): Precursor to DIM, and is here to balance out your hormone levels in the body. Unsure of recommended dosing here.

5,7-Dihydroxyflavone (as Chrysin) (150mg): Chrysin may possibly increase testosterone in the body. However, no research in humans ha found any effect on this according to WebMD. No known dosages.

Panax Notoginseng & Astragulus Membraneceous (as Astragin) (15mg): My favorite absorbing agent. This is here to get all of those things above absorbed into your body. 15mg seems fine here.

Some pretty unique ingredients here that all seem to have their purpose. So the profile and dosing is fine by me.

Taste/Mixability: Nothing to report here as this is in pill form. No real smell or taste to the pills.

Dosing: 2 Pills upon wake up. Directions state 2 pills a day on an empty stomach prior to a meal. First thing in the morning was the easiest way for me.

Okay, so things I look for in an AI are Muscle Hardness, Vascularity, and a slight leaning out effect. Some bonus features can be increased aggression (in the gym). So I will discuss this in those three categories:

Muscle Hardness: In the past this has taken anywhere from 10-14 days for me to experience this on other AIs. Around day 7 I felt my muscles tightening up and getting that hardness effect. I was surprised at how quickly this worked, and this lasted throughout the duration of the bottle. This was the strongest effect for me compared to the other categories. On par with other AIs for sure.

Vascularity: This took around two weeks to really notice. I had some nice increased vascularity in my shoulders area and slightly in the forearm area. This did its job, but I have had better vascularity from things like Arimistaine in the past. Still good here though.

Lean-Out Effect: When taking Arimistaine in the past, my gym buddies have always told me I was looking leaner. No one said that to me on this 30 day run, however, I did notice I was losing some body. This can mainly be attributed to diet, and my two week run of L-Carnitine while on this, but this did help out as the fat stayed off since stopping L-Carnitine. I do believe this had some minor effects.

As I stated in my intro, I do suffer from Low Testosterone at my age, so I can usually feel a better balance in my body when taking an AI. I really did not feel much more of an energy boost, which leads me to believe this was not necessarily producing too much more testosterone, but with the effects I experienced I do think this did regulate the Estrogen and balance my hormones out. I have no labs or anything to prove that, but that is my perception. So overall a pretty good product. This does not live up to the old Arimistaine standard, but it was close. The nice part here is I did experience some slight joint pain on this, but nothing even close to what Arimistaine used to do, so no real side effects to worry about. I stayed on my standard dose of 2,000mg Fish Oil a day and had no joint issues, just some nagging aches.

During the second week I did notice an increase in my libido. That last about a week and then went away. I really do not have issues in that department, but thought it was interesting how it came and then went. I never did experience any increase in aggression either as I have with some other AIs. Good thing is after being off this for a couple days, my body is not shutting down and I do not feel lethargic, as I have in the past coming off AIs, so I do think this is a good product for keeping your hormone levels regulated versus an increase.

The cheapest I could find this was at DPS Nutrition. A 30 day supply (60 pills) will run you $23.99 using the code DPS10. So that is around 80 cents a day, which I think is a pretty great deal for this product.

Side Effects

Very minor joint pain, which can be curbed with Fish Oil or a Joint supplement.

Conclusion

While this was not as potent as Arimistaine, this did a nice job as a follow-up. The price point is nice, and the effectiveness is there. If you are in the market for an AI and want to try something different, then I recommend you give Arima-XD a shot.

Overall
(SR paid for product; GNC did not participate)
  November 6, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Versatile
  • Flavorless
  • Fairly Pure Casein
  • Great Price
  • Can Be Expensive If Dosed Heavily

A unique, versatile Casein that can be dosed as needed. I used this with my night sleep aids as well as with a Whey Isolate to turn it into a blended protein post workout. Flavorless, adds a nice creamy texture, and a fairly cheap price depending on how you use it. I recommend this product.

39 years old and I lift 5 days a week, currently doing GZCL UHF 9 week. I saw Micellar Casein Protein on the bounty list, and found it to be a unique product, at least in my eyes. I used up some bounty points and decided to give this a shot, as it seems that any GNC product I try lately has been working out well for me. Thank you to SR for having the bounty program in place, and for the opportunity to exchange some points to give it a shot. Let us see just how versatile this Casein is.

The main ingredient in here is Micellar Casein Protein. Each scoop nets you 5g of Protein. Each scoop also comes with 20 calories, 5mg Cholestorol, 116mg Calcium, 12mg Sodium, and 5mg Potassium. Easy enough to fit in your daily routine, with no added carbs.

Casein protein is the protein found in the curds of milk and is slowly absorbed by the body. A lot of people take this at night to provide a slow releasing source of protein while you sleep. There are also some benefits to taking Casein post workout, as it does aid in muscle recovery and growth. Personally I like a blended protein (Whey + Casein) for post workout, and to take straight Casein at night before bed.

Taste: This is unflavored and does not taste like a thing. This will make whatever you add this too a little more of a creamy texture, but it truly is flavorless.

Mixability: Mixes with water or other powders in water very easily, as mentioned above you will notice a very slight creamier texture, but that is all.

Dosing: You really take this as needed. I tended to dose 1-2 scoops with my Sleep Aid at night, and 1-2 scoops with a Whey Isolate post workout to create my own blended protein.

Tough to gauge for the most part, but I gauge Casein Protein on the fact if it did slow release in my body at night, meaning I would not wake up hungry. At one scoop with a night sleep aid I would still wake up hungry, but 2 scoops (10g) seemed to be enough to where I would not wake up hungry. Most straight Casein products are around 25g Casein, but I never dosed it that high. With my Post workout Whey Isolates I found 2 scoops to mimic a blended protein. In my experience, blended proteins are around 10g Casein, so this seemed to be a great use of this product.

What I like about this product is how flexible and versatile it is. You can combine this with just about anything or drink it by itself in some water. Whenever you feel the need for some slow release protein, you just mix it in. There is not much else to say here, but I think this product is very unique and fairly pure.

So this is the shining moment of this product. We all know that Casein is typically expensive unless you buy it in bulk. You can find this on the GNC site or from Amazon for $9.99 for 50 servings. Since I used this only a couple scoops at a time this lasted me quite a while. If you were to use this at 5 scoops a time to mimic 25g Casein then this would not be a good deal at all. As 2 scoops were effective for me and gave me the ability to take this in my sleep aid at night, or to make my own blended protein I think this is a great deal. Use this smartly, and you can save some money.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I enjoyed the run of this product, and I even did an extensive google search to see if I could find a product with small doses of Casein, but I could not. GNC has something going here, and its a pretty cool product in my eyes. I would definitely pick this up again in the future, so I can turn my Whey Isolates to blended proteins post workout, without having to have multiple tubs of Protein on the counter. If you are looking to add in some Casein during your day, or at night, then I would recommend you give this a shot.

November 3, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Anti-Cramping
  • Great Hydration
  • Decent Recovery
  • Fruit Punch Is Not A Great Flavor
  • 2 Scoops To Be Effective

A BCAA/EAA intra workout product that does an average job at aiding in recovery. Very good at hydration, but its a bit steep of a price point unless you get this on sale.

39 years old and I lift 5 days a week, currently doing GZCL UHF 9 week. I have become a huge fan of the Ghost Lifestyle line of supplements in the last year, and decided to run the ones I had sitting in my closet. This was part of my mini Ghost stack. I always like to use any BCAA/EAA product with hydration during my workouts, as it works best for me when it comes to recovery and staying hydrated during my workouts. After trying Ghost BCAAs last year, I was curious how this one measured up.

As you would expect from Ghost, a fully disclosed label. In recent times it seems that companies are now hiding their dosing of BCAA/EAAs to advertise they have the secret combination. I am here to tell you that its all nonsense, and you should be confident enough in your products to fully disclose your simple BCAA and EAAs. Enough on that, lets break this down:

First of all you get 2g Carbs, 0g Sugar, 72mg Calcium, 55mg Sodium, and 210mg Potassium. Of note this contains Tree Nuts (coconut), so if you are allergic beware.

Instantized BCAA 2:1:1 (5g): This breaks down to 2500mg Leucine, 1250mg Isoleucine, and 1250mg Valine. This is your pretty standard dosing of BCAAs, but I do like that Ghost used Insantized BCAAs here. Leucine stimulates muscle protein synthesis and slows down muscle damage after workouts, Isoleucine creates glucose giving your body energy, and Valine promotes muscle protein synthesis and muscle tissue growth.

Ghost Amino Acids (3.5g) This nets you 1,000mg Citrulline, 850mg Lysine, 850mg Threonine, 500mg Phenylalanine, 100mg Histidine, 100mg Methionine, and 100mg Tryptophan. Citrulline is their to support circulatory health, Lysine helps build a healthy immune system, Phenylalanine converts into tyrosine which is needed to form important brain chemicals to regulate our metabolism, Histidine aids in your bodies response to substances, Methionine helps body to remove fat, and Tryptophan produces seratonin to influence emotions and mood. I am not real sure what Threonine does. Citrulline is dosed appropriately for an Amino product, and the rest I would assume so, as I really do not know proper doses for all of them.

Ghost Smart Hydration (1.9g) This breaks down to 1,000mg Taurine, 500mg Organic Raw Coconut Water Powder, 150mg Alpha-GPC, 100mg Potassium Citrate, 50mg 5-HTP, 50mg Sodium Gluconate, and 50mg Calcium Lactate Gluconate. All of these are here to support your hydration as the name would imply. This worked well in this department so the dosing is fine for me.

Not a bad profile overall, no real nonsense or fillers here. Everything here has its purpose.

Taste: I ordered the Fruit Punch flavor and did not enjoy it that much at all. No matter if I watered it down with 16oz of water, did 6-8oz of water, or used very cold water, the taste just was not that great to me. It had a hint of fruit punch but had some strange taste with it that is hard to describe. I was a little disappointed here as Ghost usually pumps out some amazing flavors.

Mixability: Some slight foaming when you shake it up, but it settles down very quickly. The big issue I had here is that it stained my shaker cups red, that was a pain to clean out by hand.

Dosing: I tried this one scoop Intra, but then had to move to one scoop intra and one scoop mid afternoon on training days. This was expected as my body likes to get around 10g of BCAAs during intense workouts. I took one scoop on rest days in the morning. The label basically states to take this as needed, whenever you want some hydration and recovery, so use this as needed and what is most effective for you.

This is always interesting to discuss because some people cannot tell the difference between Amino Acid products or even notice if it does anything for them. Me and Clipper were recently discussing this in my log, and Wis3guy nailed it, that the older you get, you need more recovery and at my age I can definitely tell a difference of products and when I take it or not. So you young people may not really even need Aminos in your life, but you will see a difference as you age. I started this at just one scoop a day during my workouts, and it did aid a bit in recovery, but I was still sore. So after a week I bumped it up to one scoop intra and one scoop mid-day on my training days. This did a good job at diminishing most of my DOMS, but they still existed, so it was not totally eliminated. I have had Amino products in the past that completely got rid of my muscle soreness, granted it may come down to which workout plan I am on as well. With 2 scoops though this did its job on an average level for me, nothing too outstanding.

Hydration wise, this did a great job. I felt hydrated throughout my workout and always had to take a pee break, which is a sign of being hydrated. To me this was the best part of the product for me.

This is where the product takes a bit of a hit. The best deal to find this is for $39.99 on Ghost's website, however if you use the code PRICEPLOW it knocks the price down to $32. For a 30 serving tub that comes out to $1.07 per dose. Since I required two doses that is $2.14 on training days which is not a great deal at all. Yes you are getting quality ingredients, but its just a bit too high for my liking. However, during the holidays Ghost often has specials, so be on the lookout for a good deal.

Side Effects

None outside of increased hydration and a stained shaker cup.

Conclusion

So an average BCAA/EAA product, that has some great hydration aspects to it, and a below average taste. I was a bit disappointed in this, as I have high expectations from Ghost as most of their supplements are of high quality and very effective for me. I was not sold on this, but I still recommend this as this may work better for others. I am glad I gave this a shot, and this is worth a try at least once to see how it works for you.

November 1, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Enhances Fat Loss
  • Needs To Be Refrigerated

A basic L-Carnitine Supplement that you can find for a very good value, or even get for free during certain promotions. This will aid you in some fat loss as long as you eat right and work out. A good fat loss enhancer as a stand alone but would likely work best if augmented with another fat burning source.

39 years old and I lift 5 days a week. I have been seeing a lot of reviews lately on Carnitine supplements, so I decided to finally use the bottle of MAN L-Carnitine 1500 I had siting in the closet, to see how my body would react to it. I have had hit and miss results with MAN supplements, so let us see how this one fared. At least you know exactly what you are getting with the name.

Pretty simple here, this contains L-Carnitine. Of note this contains no Calories, Sugars, or Carbs so this will not mess with your daily macro's. There are four different forms of Carnitine out there, but this one only contains one.

L-Carnitine (1,500mg): This has a variety of uses including boosting exercise performance and improving cognition and depression. However, this here is used to aid in fat loss, which according to Examine.com evidence does not support this indication. The standard dose for L-Carnitine is 500-2,000mg daily, we get 1,500mg per dose and this is taken twice a day, so we hit well over the mark. Other forms of Carnitine will require different doses.

Of note L-Carnitine is also listed under other ingredients on the bottle, so I am fairly confused why that is and if it adds more to the dose, or if just being repetitive. Either way I found that odd. Along with L-Carnitine the other ingredients include purified water, Phosphoric Acid, Natural & Artificial Flavor, Malic Acid, Citric Acid, Sucralose, Potassium Sorbate, Acesulfame, Potassium (Ace-K), and Sodium Benzoate. The point here is that it contains sugar and artificial flavors, so if you are looking for a "pure" natural product, then this is not for you.

Taste: I ordered the Rainbow Sherbet flavor and enjoyed it. It had a hint of sherbet type flavor to it, and its honestly very hard to describe what it tasted like. It was unique, a little bit sweet, but enjoyable and very easy to drink down twice a day.

Mixability: No issues here as its in liquid form ready to be drank!

Dosing: I went off the bottle recommendations of two doses daily. I took one dose first thing in the morning, and another mid-afternoon. Also one dose is 1tbsp which comes out to about half a cap full. Also one thing to note here, is once you open it this needs to be refrigerated.

I was not expecting much of anything here to be honest, as I know the studies on Carnitine are inconclusive, and I have never messed with this as a stand alone before, so I did not have much faith. However, on my 18 day run of this I managed to drop .7% body fat, but I did gain about 5 pounds. The weight gain is due to being back on Creatine and taking Epicatechin, hence why it is so important to take another measurement to track results outside of the numbers on a scale. I use a handheld body fat monitor, while it may not be very accurate, it is my consistent way of measuring results. My diet was decent for the most part while on this, but still included beer days and such. So I do believe this did aid me a bit in dropping some fat, but I will attribute the majority of the fat loss due to my diet. This was a good enhancer and did speed up the results.

I never felt any increase in energy or focus on this as others have reported. Typically ALCAR will be used for cognitive enhancement, and L-Carnitine by itself fell short of that for me. The label simply claims to be a metabolic enhancement, and I feel it did its job as just that. I would imagine you would get better results if you pair this with some other fat burning type supplements, as it is dosed well. So not a bad run at all.

I received this bottle for free as part of a promotional deal. Currently you can buy this as a BOGO deal for $18 on Muscle & Strength. That comes out to around 32 days (if you take 2 doses a day), and is about 57 cents a dose. Not a bad deal at all in my opinion. If you keep an eye out, you can almost always find this on special or get it for free with another purchase. Good value here, since this did its basic job for me.

Side Effects

None at all.

Conclusion

I was not expecting anything from running this product for 18 days, but results were there. If I had run this for longer I would imagine the results would be better, so in the future I may run back to back bottles. The Rainbow Sherbet tasted great, and I was pretty happy with this run. Sometimes you just need something basic to get results.

6.4
Thanks to Alpha Lion for sending it out!
  October 23, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Feeling Refreshed
  • Puts You To Sleep
  • No Deep Sleep
  • Did Not Meet Label Claim

A fully disclosed sleep aid, that contains a lot of ingredients. Great for getting me to sleep and feeling refreshed and ready in the mornings, but never did enough to keep me asleep at night. I woke up in the middle of the night every time I took this, so that is where this product fell short for me.

39 years old and I lift 5 days a week. I suffer from severe Sleep Apnea, so I always like to have a sleep aid on hand to make sleeping with my CPAP mask that much easier. I have never tried a product from Alpha Lion, so I figured I should give it a shot. Plus I saw some real positive reviews of this in the past, so was glad to see it as a TROOPer opportunity. Big thank you to SR and Alpha Lion for allowing me the opportunity to try out and review this product. Let us see if these dreams were truly Alpha.

Fully disclosed ingredient profile, which I really appreciate in a sleep aid. In this day and age if your product is not fully disclosed, you are falling behind from the competition. Don't get me wrong, I understand the business side of having a prop blend, but I just do not care for them. You start off by getting 80mg Sodium, 100mg Vitamin C, 12mg B6, 40mg Magnesium (TRAACS), 27mg Zinc, and 15mg Potassium.

Amino Growth Matrix: This gets you 2500mg Leucine, 2,000mg Lysine HCI, and 2,000mg Glutamine. Leucine is the "main" BCAA to aid in recovery and is dosed well as a stand alone. Lysine is an EAA but does not hold much promise outside of reducing symptoms of herpes simplex. 2g is a good dose though. Glutamine is another EAA and really only benefits the body during prolonged endurance exercise, but for increasing muscle mass the dosage is unknown. All these ingredients (though most unproven) are there to aid in recovery and are dosed well here.

Brains Gain Matrix: This includes 500mg Tyrosine, 350mg GABA, 200mg 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP), and 175mg Mucuna Pruriens 40% L-Dopa. Tyrosine is an AA used to produce noradrenaline and dopamine and appears to be anti-stress for acute stressors as well as preserve stress-induced memory deficits. 500mg-2g is typical dosage so we are good here. GABA is used for stress relief, while the dosage here may be fine, its lower than I am used to seeing in sleep aid products. 5-HTP is the precursor to seratonin, a neurotransmitter that makes you happy. 300-500mg is typical dosage, so good to go here. Finally, my favorite ingredient is Mucuna Pruriens. This is your source of L-Dopa and as a test booster and the dosage here is also smaller than I am used to seeing.

ZMA Recovery Matrix: This has 400mg TRAACS Magnesium Biglycinate Chelate, 150mg Zinc Methionine, and 14.5mg Pyridoxine HCI. ZMA blends have been around for a long time and is well known to aid in sleep and development of test while you sleep. Normally you get around 1g of this blend, but with everything else in here this dosage is fine as is.

Anti-Stress Matrix: 150mg Ashwaganda Powder, 100mg Absorbic Acid, and 100mg Theanine. All the ingerdients here are used for anti-stress,anti-cortisol, and to help with mood. Ashwaganda is especially popular to aid in mens tesosterone helath as well. These are all dosed fairly low unfortunately.

Electro Fuel Matrix: This has 200mg Sodium Chloride and 40mg Potassium Chloride. Basically some Electrolytes to aid in hydration while you sleep which is a nice addition without being overkill to make you hit the bathroom afterwards.

Tranquility Matrix: This contains 75mg Chamomile Flower and 4mg Melatonin. Chamomile flower is a botanical or herbal remedy to aid in getting you rest, and we all know Melatonin gets you to sleep. Typically Melatonin gives me a sleep hangover at even low doses, but for some reason I never felt that here which was great.

So a big variety of ingredients in here for a sleep aid. Most of it is dosed well, with the exception of the Anti-Stress Matrix. Its at least a unique blend, so lets move to discuss how it all worked.

Taste: I received the Tropical Terminator flavor and found it to be quite delicious. A lot of people tend not to care for the flavors of Alpha Dreams (via past reviews), but I thought it tasted just like a Pina Colada and really enjoyed it. Not to sweet, just right for a nightcap.

Mixability: No real issues mixing this in a shaker for me. No weird residue left over or anything like that.

Dosing: Simple, I took one scoop prior to going to bed. Usually this kicked in around 30 minutes later, so i took this then headed to bed.

So this was a tough one for me to gauge, because this had some ups and downs for me. Lets break this down for what I look for in a sleep aid and discuss the label claim.

Going to Sleep: This did put me to sleep within a half hour of taking it. I would find my body relaxing and it would gently put me to sleep, rather than a complete knockout. So once I was ready to close my eyes, sleep happened, which was nice because I tend to just lay there at times and have trouble initially falling asleep. So this worked great here. (8.5/10)

Hitting that REM Sleep: This is where the product fell flat for me, and the only real issue I had. For some reason I would barely get 6 hours of sleep a night while on this, and would always wake up in the middle of the night, whether it was to let the dog out, hit the bathroom, or I just flat out woke up. At no point in time while taking this did I get a restful sleep throughout the night. This is one of the biggest reasons I take a sleep aid, is to get uninterrupted sleep, but this just did not do it for me. This was one of the weakest in all the sleep aids I have taken in this department. (4/10)

Waking Up: Again, what Alpha Dreams does right it does really well. I woke up refreshed, ready, and motivated to hit my early morning workout. This is only the second sleep aid this has ever happened for me, so I thought it was great. It may seem counterproductive because I would only be getting 6 hours of sleep at night. So this is where I had a hard time rating this product, but I would definitely get pretty tired by early afternoon due to low quality sleep. But this was a great feeling. (9/10)

Label Claims: This product touts itself as an aggressive night time aesthetics builder. I honestly did not notice a real difference here, but maybe those that are cutting (which i am not) would see a difference. (4/10)

So overall, this got me to sleep and helped me feel refreshed and ready for my day. Unfortunately, I never got more than 6 hours of sleep ever on this product, and the sleep I did get felt low quality as if i never truly hit that Deep REM Cycle. Summing all these together, I can only give this a 6.4 overall as the REM sleep is most important for overall health in my day. I wish it worked better.

The only place I could find this for sale is from Alpha Lion themselves for $57 for 30 servings. That comes out to $1.90 a serving. So yes there are a lot of quality ingredients in here, but for that price I would expect much more from this product. This simply did not work for me in all aspects, so I do not see much value at all at this price.

Side Effects

I never slept fully through the night uninterrupted while taking this as I have with other sleep aids in the past.

Conclusion

At the end of the day this product worked very well in getting me to sleep and feeling awake and refreshed. This never put me in true deep sleep, and I always woke up during the night while taking this. I may be the outlier here on this product, as it seems to work for others that have reviewed this product, but this simply fell short for me. Very expensive for not getting all that I look for in a sleep aid. I appreciate Alpha Lion letting me try this out, this is my no frills true assessment of the product. Their supplement line looks interesting and seems to do well, so I look forward to trying other products from them in the future. Thanks again.

Overall
Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
  October 21, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Hydration
  • Improved Recovery
  • Great Value
  • Betaine Under-dosed

A great BCAA product to aid in recovery and hydration. You can find a really great deal for this depending on the flavor. Very effective and fairly priced, a quality BCAA product in an already saturated market that tastes great.

39 years old and I lift 5 days a week. I have become a big fan of VMI Sports products and had Aminogex Ultra on my I want to try list for a while. The timing did not work out in the past, but luckily when I was up for more Aminos the opportunity was still there so I jumped on it. Big thank you to VMI and SR for the opportunity to try and review this product. Amino Acids are one the things I keep in my stack at all times to aid in recovery, so let us see how Aminogex stacks up to the competition.

Fully disclosed label which is always appreciated. At my age I like to know exactly what I am putting into my body. Since there are 30 other reviews of this product at the time of this writing, I will quickly talk about each ingredient. Each dose is based off one 11.2g scoop.

To start off you get 25mg of B6 (pyridoxine HCI) and 30mcg of B12 (methylcobalmine). Nice to see VMI use the good forms of these B vitamins.

Instantized BCAAs (as InstAminos) (7g): This breaks down to 3.5g Leucine, 1.75g IsoLeucine, and 1.75g Valine using your standard 2:1:1 ratio that is fairly common. Leucine stimulates muscle protein synthesis and slows down muscle damage after workouts, Isoleucine creates glucose giving your body energy, and Valine promotes muscle protein synthesis and muscle tissue growth. Not a bad dosage in my opinion.

Betaine (1.25g): Betaine may provide increased power output and minor increases in workout volume and endurance. You want 2.5g of this daily, but you likely have this in another source such as a PWO. However, I am kind of on the fence having this in a BCAA product, either increase the dose or simply remove it. You can take up to 20g a day, so increasing this to 2.5g does not run the risk of over-dosing.

Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate (400mg): This was fairly unique to me. The idea here is the Magnesium is chelated to both gylcine and glutamine, which stabilizes glutamine and detoxifies magnesium. This is here for recovery and to help your body not cramp up. Seems fine to me.

TRAACS by Albion: Here we get 50mg Potassium Glycinate, 50mg Magnesium Glycinate, and 50mg Calcium Glycinate. This is a patented form of mineral Amino Acids that is seen in other VMI products (such as Protolyte) in one form or another. Basically its all here for hydration. I am unsure of dosage requirements here, but we will talk about it in effectiveness.

Finally you get 50mg Sodium Chloride which is basically salt. Not a bad thing to add if you tend to sweat a lot during workouts such as myself. Overall, nice and simple profile. I do question the inclusion of Betaine at its current dose, I think if you up that to 2.5g then you will get more use out of it, especially using this Intra workout. If its not practical to do so, then I recommend removing it, because I do not think 1.25g is doing much of anything by itself. Maybe it was built to be stacked with other VMI products?

Taste: Here is some irony for you. I requested the Orange Ice Pop flavor, but they were out of stock, so I received the Tropical Mango flavor. I enjoyed the Mango flavor much more than the Orange. So it all worked out. The Tropical Mango tastes great in cold water (thanks @Marshes). It gives you a hint of mango and just tastes like a nice tropical drink. Not sweet, so easy to drink while working out.

Mixability: Some foaming after initially shaking this up. It would last a minute or so, but did not bother me at all since I would shake it up, put it down and drink it later. No staining of the shake or any weird residue left over. Mixed very well.

Dosing: For the majority of the run I took one scoop Intra-Workout, and one scoop on rest days. On days I had my 60 minute Physical Therapy Sessions I would take a second dose after that. You can take this anytime pre, intra, post workout, or during the day. Its BCAAs so you take it as needed to aid in recovery.

So the biggest thing I look for in BCAAs is recovery. During the initial workout plan I was on taking this at one scoop intra per day was fine. I felt very minimal DOMS the next few days. On the days I would workout twice (PT and Gym) I would take two doses of this and that worked good as well. So it seems that one scoop per workout was the key here for me. Towards the end of this run, I switched to GZCL UHF 9 week program which includes squatting twice a week, benching four times a week, and deadlifting twice a week. I had to up my dosage to one scoop intra and another mid-day as this workout was more intense than my body has been used to lately. So depending on the intensity of your program, you may need to dose this to fit your needs.

The hydration aspect was pretty good here as well. I found myself hitting the water fountain less than normal in the gym, and having to pause my workout to take a pee. My urine would be clear which is a surefire sign of being hydrated.

A good intra-workout product that gives you decent recovery and some good hydration. Normally I like to have my EAAs included as well, but it is not as necessary as people have claimed lately. This is one of the products that disproves the theory that you need all 9 amino acids for recovery. Turns out the Big 3 BCAAs are still fine when dosed and complimented with other ingredients correctly.

Depending on the flavor you can snag this up for as cheap as $21.58 for 30 servings from Amazon. That comes out to 72 cents a serving which is a pretty great deal in my books. Coupled with how well this worked for me in recovery and hydration support, its a great deal.

Side Effects

Increased urination due to hydration effects. Not a bad side effect in my opinion.

Conclusion

A very well done Intra-workout designed BCAA to help you get rid of those DOMS and hydrate you along the way. You can take this anytime of the day, for me it worked best Intra. Lots of flavor options out there and good deals to be found. If you are in the market for some BCAAs then look no further and give Aminogex Ultra a shot. It gets the DaSlaya stamp of approval. Thank you VMI for being a big member here on SR and for your continued opportunities.

October 11, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Ingredient Profile
  • Fully Disclosed With Protein Breakdown
  • Good Digestibility
  • Can Be Expensive
  • High Sodium

A blended protein with a fully disclosed label. I enjoyed the Cookie Stuffed Cookie flavor and you can get a fair deal on this currently since it looks to be on closeout. This worked well for my needs.

39 years old and I lift 4-5 days a week. Protein is something that I would say the majority of people that work out take on a daily basis. I always like to keep a blended protein in my stack to take post workout. When I saw MAN Sports come out with the Cookie Stuffed Cookie flavor for Clean Protein, I had to give it a shot considering I absolutely love their flavors of ISO-Protein. Let us see how clean this protein truly was.

The most important part of any protein supplement out there are the macros, and for me the sodium content. Each 37.5g scoop nets you 130 calories, 1g fat, 6g carbs, 25g protein, and 280mg of sodium. My only gripe on the macro's here is the amount of Sodium. For most people this is not a big deal, but I have to limit my intake to 1500mg a day (unless I want to be a diabetic when I am older) so this is a big chunk first thing in the morning.

Now let us break down the protein itself. Clean Protein comes with a fully transparent label so it breaks this all down for you including an Amino Acid profile. I will talk about each protein individually just in case you are the person that is confused why there are so many variants.

Whey Protein Concentrate (9g): This is cross-flow micro-filtered, cold processed & instantized WPC 80 Yielding 6.93g complete protein. This is your "standard/cheap" type protein you will see more often than not and is there to repair and build muscle.

Whey Protein Isolate (8g): Cross-flow micro-filtered, cold processed & instantized WPI 90 Yielding 7.2g complete protein. Isolates are faster digesting and high in Amino Acids.

Micellar Casein (6g): Cross-flow micro, ultra & nano-filtered, cold processed & instantized MC Yielding 5.15g complete protein. Casein is slower digesting and stays in your body for 4-6 hours.

Milk Protein Isolate (6g): Cross-flow micro & nano-filtered, cold processed MPI 85 Yielding 4.92g complete protein. Milk Protein Isolates are comprised of both fast digesting whey protein and slow digesting casein.

Of note, this nets you 24.2g Protein, not 25g as the label states. Now is .8g of Protein really a crisis? NO. At least MAN did not use the cheap route and just state 29g of Protein as some companies would do while not actually disclosing the proper amount of protein that is yielded after processing. So just a small nit picky point. Each scoop also gets you 5.33g BCAAs (I included a picture of the amino acid profile)

Cold filtration is a method of isolating whey from dairy based on molecular weight, size, and permeation properties in a cold processing environment. As we can see MAN uses micro, ultra, and nano. Each one basically uses a permeate strain to remove undesirable properties. Just in case you never knew what any of that meant.

For a Blended Protein this label is just fine for me, with the exception of the sodium content. This should be able to fit into anyone's daily stack very easily if you include a blended protein. I also appreciate the complete transparency here, as most companies do not break down how much of each specific protein are included.

Taste: I got the Cookie Stuffed Cookie flavor and enjoyed it. I was surprised and worried when I saw past reviews state it was terrible, but to me this tasted like a chocolate cookie. Like those Grandma's chocolate cookie ones. I enjoyed drinking it, so no issues there. Taste was not overly sweet and the cookie type flavor was not overwhelming, it was subtle so was easy going down.

Mixability: I had no issues here either. The directions even state this is best used in a shaker, I used this as I do with any other protein, water in shaker first, about 8-10oz and then protein. Shake it up a few times and it was good to go. No clumps or anything like that. The brown color may throw you off, but it never bothered me.

Dosing: Its protein, so you take it as needed. I like to have my blended protein post workout, and when I first wake up on rest days. So I only ever take one scoop a day of this type of protein.

I judge the effectiveness of a blended protein based off digestibility, taste, and how it filled me up. I already discussed taste above, and the reason I rank it so high is because is such a saturated market, if your protein does not taste good then you simply cannot compete in my opinion. Taste to me was fine, but it will vary based off your pallet of course. To me this digested very easily, it never felt like a rock in my stomach or gave me any unnecessary stomach aches, cramps, or gas. As far as if it filled me up it kept me full for about an hour, which is why I take blended protein post workout. Typically I get home from the gym, take protein, get ready for my day, and then make breakfast, so I do not like to be hungry in that gap of time which is about 45 - 60 minutes. Good to go here.

In the past I have had some blended proteins keep me full for up to two hours, this was about an hour max, so it is not the most effective protein out there, but it gets the job done for me. I really enjoyed my run of this. I am not sure this will be a staple of MAN sports since this has been on clearance lately, but I was glad I gave it a shot.

So like most products from MAN this kills the product a bit. I bought this for $24.99 plus $13.15 shipping which came out to $38.14 for 23 servings. However, currently you can go to MAN sports and get the cookie stuffed cookie flavor for $19.99 as its on closeout. That comes out to just under a dollar a serving, but of course you have to take into account shipping. Really, this is on sale all over the internet, go to Price Plow and you will see a ton of deals ranging from 20 to 40 bucks. I would say the average price of this right now is around 25 bucks, so about a $1.09 a serving. Not the cheapest out there, but not terrible since its on clearance. Couple that with effectiveness and I think its an average deal.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I had this in my closet for a few months before trying this out, and saw some negative reviews on it, so was not expecting much. However, I was pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed the flavor. Given that this is on clearance everywhere, if you ever wanted to try this now is the time. Your experience will vary, hence why we all enjoy trying and reviewing different supplements. It always amazes me how differently supplements hit each person, and it makes me love them!! I would recommend this product.