DaSlaya

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by DaSlaya

August 13, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Effective
  • Great Value
  • Missing Vitamin K And Chromium
  • Some Vitamins Under-dosed

A multi-vitamin missing a few key vitamins and some are under-dosed. A few of the vitamins used cheap forms, but the price is right on this product. If you are not overly concerned with some of the dosing, then give this a shot. A few extra's here truly bring this multi together nicely.

38 years old and lift four days a week, while still recovering to total reconstructive surgery to my left ankle. I saw Muscletech's platinum multi-vitamin on the bounty list, and I have not tried a Muscletech supplement in over a decade, so I figured why not. I read up on the ingredient profile and it looked safe and interesting enough, so I decided to grab it up and do a review. Let us see what this new and improved muscletech has in store for us, at least multi-vitamin wise.

I will not do my usual and define all the vitamins I find essential. That probably is way too long and I doubt people read it. However, I will discuss the important vitamins I look for in a multi-vitamin and their dosing, as well as the form of the vitamin on a few key vitamins. Here we have a completely transparent label, which is pretty awesome, and it does contain quite a few extra's in this, so that is always a nice perk to have.

The vitamins I find most essential in a multi are Vitamins A, B6, B12, C, D, E, K, Folic Acid, Calcium, Zinc, and Chromium. Some extra's I personally prefer to have are Iron, Magnesium, and Boron.

Vitamin A: Here we get 10,000 IU which is a healthy dose as 3,000 IU is the RDA. Muscletech uses Retinyl Acetate and Beta-Carotene as the forms. Beta-Carotene is what you want to see, while Retinyl Acetate may have some toxicity to it, so not a good thing to have here. Muscletech took the cheap route here.

Vitamin B6/B12: Good dose of B6 at 10mg with RDA being 1.3mg. B12 has 100mcg with an RDA of 2.4mcg however it uses the cheap version called Cyancobalmin. I would like to see the methyl form here. Unfortunately most multi's use this cheap version, but it could be better.

Vitamin C/E/Calcium: 135m of Vitamin C with RDA being at 60mg, 90IU of Vitamin E and you only want a maximum of 1500 IU daily here, so thats a nice safe dose. The forms of Vitamin E are dl-alpha tocopheryl acetate, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate which is what you want to see. We get 175mg of Calcium with an RDA of 1,000-2,500mcg RDA.

Now we have some under-dosed ingredients here. Vitamin D is only dosed at 400IU while you want at least 600IU daily, Folic Acid is only at 300mcg with an RDA of 400mcg, and Zinc is only 9.5mg with an RDA of 11mg. These dosages are not severely under-dosed but definitely should be increased.

We are missing Vitamin K and Chromium from this multi, so thats no good. We only get 145mg of Magnesium with an RDA of 420mg, but we have a very healthy dose of Boron at 10mg which is the highest I have seen in a multi-vitamin yet.

Now lets discuss the extra's:

Amino Support Matrix (865mg): A small dosing of some key Amino's but still not a bad thing to have here. This blend nets us Glycine (806mg), ALA (49mg), Methionine (2.5mg), Citrulline Malate (2.5mg), Arginine HCI (2.5mg), and Cysteine (2.5mg).

Herbal Matrix (536mg): Way too many to list out, but a small dosing of some greens and reds for you. This was helpful to me as I switched my diet to all protein so I will take any added boost in this department. Do not rely on this to meet your daily requirements though, just a small boost.

Enzyme Complex (50mg): This was more helpful than I realized. This is 25mg of Amylase and 25mg of Papain. While taking this, this kept my gut healthy while doing this carnivore diet, and I had some issues develop once I ran out. So this is my favorite of all the extra's included, and is great to have.

Mineral Support Complex (29mg): A mixture of Inositol (10mg), Boron (10mg), and Choline (9mg).

I feel this profile is a bit of a mixed bag. We are missing some key vitamins that I like to see, and a few are under-dosed. Those issues definitely need to be addressed before this multi can be the best in my eyes. I do like some of the extra's included here.

Taste/Mixability: No taste, pill form. Easy to swallow and no weird taste or smell.

Dosing: Directions call for one dose (3 pills) daily with water. I took them with my first meal of the day. Easy as it gets.

I gauge a multi-vitamin on if I got sick or not during my run and just my overall well being. I did not get sick at all during this run, and felt fine so it did its job at the end of the day. The biggest factor here are the missing and under-dosed ingredients. The dosing is truly what sets one multi-vitamin apart from another. As I discussed above, the Enzyme complex aided me in digesting an all protein diet, and that was the biggest drop off I had after I ran out of this. It got my attention when I switched vitamins (with no enzyme support) and my stomach was twisted in a knot, it needed that extra help in digestion. Its not a bad vitamin if you are not concerned with Vitamin K or chromium and take a separate Vitamin D as I do. However, a multi should have all the key ingredients and you should not have to take any other pills to get your RDA. I say this is average at best.

Here is the biggest shining point of the product. I grabbed this from Amazon for $10.74 (free shipping with Prime) for a 30 day supply (90 capsules). That is 36 cents a day which is a very good deal. Sure, they use the cheap version of B12 and have some flaws, but if you are looking for just the basic vitamins each day then this price is an amazing deal. Due to its dosing on my preferences though I can only say this is an average deal, but I have no regrets paying this price to try it out.

You can also find this on special a lot, currently via Priceplow Muscle & Strength has a BOGO for $13.97. https://www.priceplow.com/muscletech/platinum-multivitamin

Side Effects

No weird colored pee or anything like that.

Conclusion

If this vitamin included Vitamin K and chromium and upped the dosing a bit on Vitamin D, Folic Acid, and Zinc then this would be stellar. Some people do not like Vitamin K in their multi's so that may or may not be an issue for you. Either way it has some nice extra's to it, the price is right, so I can safely recommend this. Just understand whats missing and under-dosed and you will do fine on it. End of the day, I never fell ill or anything during this run, so yes it does its job.

Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!
  August 10, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Leaner Muscle Mass
  • More Vascluar
  • Temporary Hunger Increase
  • Well Dosed Ingredients

An expensive, bad tasting muscle building supplement starring Epicatechin as its star ingredient. This product is effective and you will see some slight muscle mass increase and possibly some vascularity. Worth a shot if you have the money, and taste is not a factor to you.

38 years old and lift four days a week, while still recovering to total reconstructive surgery to my left ankle. Earlier this year I tried a product with Epicatechin (epi) with some great results, so when I saw that REDCON1 released MOAB I just had to try it. MOAB has an interesting combination with their epi and touts itself as NOT the Mother of All Bombs, but the Mother of All Builders. I had this on my I want to try list, and was very excited when this was offered up in the TROOPer program. As you may or may not know, I also am on a quest to eventually try all of REDCON1 products, since they are named after the military, and being a veteran I have to ensure they are doing it right! Big thank you to REDCON1 and the TROOPer program for making this review possible.

Fully disclosed label as you would expect in any REDCON1 product, and is much appreciated and almost expected these days. I'll be 39 next month, so I am not of the age to play around with what I put in my body, so fully disclosed labels are a must for me. There are only a few ingredients in here, so lets quickly discuss each one.

HMB (3,000mg): This is an active metabolite of leucine that reduces muscle protein breakdown. It appears to have an anabolic role for muscle, but fails to be more effective than its parent amino acid for inducing muscle protein synthesis. (Examine.com) I have taken this in the past, and it has reduced muscle soreness for me. 1-3g daily is the recommended amount for reducing muscle mass losses over time (anti-catabolic), so we are at the max dose here.

HICA (1,000mg): This ingredient was fairly new to me. Also known as Leucic Acid, this is a leucine metabolite touted to hvae anabolic properties. Studies on this are very limited, and no real dosage recommendation exists. This works similar to HMB/Leucine, but its unclear at this point which is better.

Epicatechin (300mg): Epicatechin is a bioactive compound classified as a flavonol, a plant based phytochemical which is found in a number of foods in trace amounts, including green tea and most famously, dark chocolate. While differing food sources contain different amounts of epicatechin, dark chocolate contains the most, and the darker the better with pure cocoa containing the highest amounts of all at nearly 3mg per gram. Before you get excited and go purchase a ton of chocolate to eat daily, remember that also includes calories and fat, so here we just get the ingredient we want. Epi has a number of benefits including enhancing muscle growth and strength, increasing NO production, improving insulin sensitivity, lowering cholesterol levels, and improving brain and heart health. 150-200mg a day is the recommended dose, so here we have a hefty 300mg serving. Beauty of this ingredient is that it can be used for any length of time and no need to cycle it. For best results 4 weeks at a minimum should be used. I am now a huge fan of Epi. More info can be found here: https://www.predatornutrition.com/articles/supplements/supplement-science/everything-you-need-to-know-about-epicatechin.html

Astragin (50mg): My favorite absorption enhancer. 50mg is a nice dose to absorb all the good stuff.

Interesting combination of ingredients here. The only time I have used HMB was in combination with Creatine, and Epi was also with Creatine. I guess the idea here is to repair muscles with HMB and HICA, while building them with Epi, so not necessarily a bad thing. Really nice dosages here as well, REDCON1 did a nice job here.

Taste: I know a lot of people say the taste does not matter if the product works. Yes, I agree to a point, but its 2018 and realistically supplements should not have to taste bad unless its trying to be all natural. I requested and received the Grape flavor and it was not good! I really had not hints of grape on the initial sip, and would always be left with a terrible after taste. I get the taste of a bad cigar in my mouth when drinking this, which I experienced with Fade Out as well. Interestingly enough, no ingredient is identical in both products, so I am thinking that cigar like taste may have something to do with how the supplements are mixed or processed. After a few days of suffering, I just started to chug this with 4-6oz of water daily, and always had to drink something else to get rid of that nasty after taste. Not good!

Mixability: No issues here, whether I mixed this with 4,6 or 8oz of water, it dissolved quickly and had no issues with leaving residue behind.

Dosing: I took one scoop 30 minutes prior to working out, or on wake up on rest days. There is no reason to ever exceed one scoop of this per day.

The last Epi product I took, took about 2-3 weeks before I noticed anything. It was so subtle I hardly noticed, but my buddies and other gym friends did. So I knew to take this for at least two weeks before seeing anything here. Right around Day 9 I noticed my weight was going up slightly (.7 pounds at this point) with no real change in my diet. On Day 11, my hunger skyrocketed, and I just could not eat enough it seemed. Along with a hunger increase, I noticed some slight vascularity happening around my shoulders, biceps, and forearms area. Right around the 16 or 17 day mark, I did notice my arms, chest, and shoulders getting slightly bigger.

The hunger last about a week or so, then kind of went away, but the vascularity and muscle increase remained throughout the rest of my run until the end. The last time I ran Epi I only really noticed a slight gain in muscle mass size, while here vascularity existed along with it. Do not expect to have huge muscle gains like steroids, but taking this consistently every day (not just workout days) will net you a slight increase in size. So overall, this product tasted bad, but it was effective. Since coming off of this I have seen a drop in a couple pounds but looks like my muscle size remains. The weight change is likely due to a big diet change I have recently had. I did not notice anything extra in recovery with this alone, I still had to take a separate BCAA supplement to ensure I had no DOMS. One thing to note, last Epi product I took was 200mg Epi a day, and I really noticed no difference taking 200mg versus 300mg daily.

The cheapest I could find this product is $47.99 for 30 servings. This deal was using Price Plow and using the code EPICDEAL at Natural Body Inc. This comes out to $1.60 a dose. Pretty expensive in my opinion. Yes Epi is expensive on its own, but the last epi product I took was for under 40 dollars and was just as effective, if not a little more for muscle gain. Not a great deal here unless you can get one of those random 50% off deals on the REDCON1 app.

Side Effects

Just the realization that the supplement tastes nothing like the flavor listed, and will give you a terrible aftertaste.

Conclusion

So yes, this product worked well, however it tasted horrible and was very expensive. Epi has gained a lot of popularity in the last couple of years and is truly the star ingredient in here. You can find other products that contain Epi for much cheaper that taste a million times better. If REDCON1 could fix the taste, and either throw in some Creatine or lower the price point, this product will have a hard time competing. I do recommend this as long as you do not care about the taste and have the money, because the results are there, its that simple! Thanks again REDCON1 for this opportunity.

August 4, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Whole Food Sources
  • Convenient
  • Excellent Macro-Nutrient Composition
  • Lactose Free
  • Taste Great
  • Low Sodium
  • No Amino Profile

Great meal replacement with a low sodium ingredient profile. Mixture of different proteins (no Whey) that make you wonder what the actual Amino Acid profile is, but fairly priced and does its job other than that. Dutch apple pie flavor is delicious mixed with milk or water.

38 years old and lift four days a week, while still recovering to total reconstructive surgery to my left ankle. I actually picked up this tub of MRE back in January, and drank it slowly here and there. It was not until the last month I started to use MRE as my breakfast on days that I workout and have to go to work, otherwise I would just cook breakfast. I have also been on a quest to try out all the REDCON1 products I can, since I find the company interesting. Lets see how this MRE compares to the standard military MRE.

A serving size here is 4x130g scoops. Each serving size nets you 525 Calories (35 from fat), 4g Total Fat, 200mg Sodium, 250mg Potassium, 75g Carbs, and 47g Protein. I like the low sodium content in here, as I have to watch my sodium intake since I am prone to being diabetic due to family history (getting older is real fun). There are 15 other reviews of this that go over different portions of the ingredient profile, so I will not belabor the point here. Of note, rolled oats are your source of carbs, but lets touch quickly on the differnt types of proteins included and discuss quick pro's and con's.

Beef Protein Isolate (bovine): Beef Protein is derived from processed beef, in this case the bovine. This is still a protein so it will aid you in building muscle and contains all essential amino acids. The drawbacks here are it does not contain BCAAs, and has a lower bioavailability index.

Salmon Protein (fish): I could not find much information about this at all, but from what I understand it digests very quickly. Some studies have even shown the Hydrosolate version digesting faster than Whey, but that is not the type of protein here, so we can only guess this is fast digesting. Unsure of Amino profile here.

Chicken Protein: Obviously this comes from chickens, and is a complete protein, meaning it contains all the necessary amino acids.

Egg Albumin (egg): This is derived from egg whites. Egg protein digests at a moderate speed, and is said to contain all essential amino acids. Egg white powder is said to be a complete protein, so this helps to make up for some of the lesser proteins here.

Brown Rice Protein: This is low in lysine, but high in other amino acids. Combined with Pea Protein you get all 9 essential amino acids.

Pea Protein: Made from yellow peas and is high in BCAAs and gluten free, lactose free, and dairy free for easy digestion. Here we have some BCAAs but since this is listed last, it has the lowest amount in the protein blend, so we have no idea what we are really getting.

I will echo everyone else's sentiments on their review, REDCON1 you need to add an Amino Acid Profile to this. I think the sources of protein are great combined with the rolled oats and multitude of other ingredients to mimic real food, but its hard to say now nutritionally valuable this really is. When you break it down and look you may be getting enough Amino Acids to be that "building block" of protein synthesis, but its really hard to say since we do not know how much of each protein is in here. It could be all beef and a sprinkle of the rest for all we know. Otherwise this has a unique and interesting profile, and I appreciate the low sodium content, which is hard to find in protein powders these days.

Of note if you are allergic to Eggs, Fish (Salmon), or Coconut then stay away from this product.

Taste: I got the Dutch Apple Pie flavor and loved it. It had a very strong cinnamon taste to it and almost does taste like an apple pie. I mixed this with milk mostly, but also used water and the flavor was definitely stronger in the milk, but was still good in water. I enjoyed it.

Mixability: 4 scoops in 15oz of water or milk you would think would be a nightmare. This actually mixed well with a few good shakes in my blender bottle. If I let it sit for an extended period of time while I was driving to work, it would settle to the bottom, and I would get a lot of residue left over. Other than that it mixed pretty well.

Dosing: I always used 4 scoops (1 serving) for breakfast on days I worked out and had to go to work. Dose this as you need for a meal replacement, do not rely on this solely to get your daily macro's. Its a SUPPLEMENT after all.

The big things when it comes to a meal replacement or protein powder for me are was it easily digestible, did it keep me full, and how was the taste. Yes this digested very well for me. 4 scoops would almost get me on the verge of feeling bloated, but instead it was that full feeling after a big meal. If it was any more servings this would have made me feel bloated, but as it is worked fine and digested really well for me. The goal for this was to drink it around 9am, and keep me full until noon. It did just that, I was more reliant on the actual clock to eat lunch than my hunger. For 3 hours this would keep me nice and full, but at times I was busy I got to that 4 hour mark and was hungry, so there are limits to this. Finally, the taste I enjoyed. While some people do not play this in as a big factor, when it comes to protein or meal replacements in this day and age, you need it to taste good because your competition already has that figured out. Good to go here. I thoroughly enjoyed using this as a true meal replacement.

You can get this from DPS Nutrition currently at $59.99 for 25 servings (100 scoops), depending on how you take this. That comes out to $2.40 per serving which I think is okay. At first glance you may think its expensive, but its basically a meal, so I judge this off it being breakfast for me. I would pay more for a breakfast elsewhere with the convenience this has, so I think its a fair price especially when I factor in how useful of a product this was for me.

Side Effects

Conclusion

So yes, I did enjoy this MRE much more than the military's version. Yes I know the military has updated their MRE's over the years, but I am old school and stared eating MREs in 1999, so I prefer delicious dutch apple pie over that any day of the week. In all seriousness if you are looking for a meal replacement then you should consider this, because it is a great option. I could have rated this product higher, but until REDCON1 fully discloses the amount of each protein included and shows an amino acid profile, I have to stop in the 8's. I highly recommend this and stamp it with the DaSlaya stamp of approval!

July 30, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Value
  • Deep REM Sleep
  • Relaxation
  • Highly Effective
  • No Refreshed Feeling On Wake Up

Capsule and reformulated version of the original. This will relax your body to put you to sleep, will get you some nice deep REM sleep, but lacks the refreshed feeling on wake up. You can find this for a very good price, and its an effective product.

38 years old and lift four days a week, while still recovering to total reconstructive surgery to my left ankle. The original powder formula of Resurrect PM was my favorite sleep aid to date, so I got a bit nervous when I saw that Ronnie was reformulating the product and putting it in pill form. Once it became available I ordered up the current Resurrect PM so I could see if this product stayed true to my previous results. Lets see if this still ranks as my all time favorite supplement or if this was changed for the worse.

As with most RCSS products we have an almost fully disclosed label here. The only blend here is the ZMA blend. Given that this is the first review, I will break down the ingredients and give a brief description of its utilization. First of each dose (4 capsules) nets you 15mg of Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine HCI), 90mg Magnesium (as Magnesium Aspartate), 30mg Zinc (as Zinc Sulfate Monohydrate), and 220mg Choline.

Macuna Pruriens (20% L-Dopa)(seed) (750mg): L-Dopa is used as a test booster, similar to Zinc, but it likely only increases test for those that are deficient. At high enough doses this gives me a nice "well being" feeling, but I did not feel it at this dose.

Choline Bitartrate (550mg): Choline is used for either its cognitive boosting properties or as a liver health agent. Typically Bitartrate is used for liver benefits, this combined with 220mg of Choline is a decent serving. I am glad it protects the liver, but honestly I am not really sure why its here, but it did not hurt either.

GABA (500mg): This is a depressive neurotransmitter, that is used for stress relief and goes great with any NO increasing agents. Like a lot of ingredients out there more research needs to be conducted, but 3-5g of GABA is used for the purpose of enhancing growth hormone metabolism. Small dosage here, but really I believe this is here to relax you. This is one of the main sleep ingredients, and the dosage remained the same from the old formula, which made me happy.

Phenibut HCI (500mg): To steal @kaka definition from the original formula in his review, Phenibut stimulates GABA receptors, supports sleep and cognitive function. Alleviates stress and anxious thoughts. Recommended dosage range is between 250mg to 1000mg. One thing to note here, is this taking this consistently over a long period of time can cause you to build up a tolerance for it. This dose was safe enough and if you follow the instructions you will be fine. The other powerhouse ingredient here, and the dosage remained the same from the original.

ZMA Blend (552mg): Your standard ZMA blend consisting of Magnesium Asparate, Zinc Sulfate and Vitamin B-6. This all aids in recovery and development of testosterone while you sleep. In the past I have normally taken just ZMA during bed time, but have recently expanded out, and real glad to have this in here. Bear in mind you are actually getting more than this dosage wise, as listed in the beginning.

I am fine with this profile, but I am confused on why there is extra Zinc, Magnesium, and B6 listed on the profile instead of being rolled into the ZMA blend as an overall. Especially since the Zinc is Sulfate and the Magnesium is aspartate. Also, not sure why Choline is involved here as I am not used to seeing that in a sleep formula, but it had no ill side effects, so I guess its fine.

When comparing this to the original powder formula, the Macuna Pruriens is a smaller dose now (was 1g originally) and the overall ZMA is less as well (1g in original formula). Also Amino Acids were removed, as well as Arginine, Phenylalanine, Ornithine, HICA, and Theanine. The newer formula is definitely more streamlined and almost a "cheaper" version of the original. I am okay with the changes, but I would like to see the Macuna Pruriens bumped back up to 1g though.

Taste/Mixability: Nothing to report here, capsule form. Small sized and swallowing all four capsules at once was real easy.

Dosing: Instructions state to dose 1 serving (4 capsules) on am empty stomach 30 minutes prior to sleep. You are to take this 5 days on and 2 days off. I did just that and took this on Sunday through Thursday nights. The idea here is to not build up a dependency or build up to Phenibut. Directions also state to allow yourself 6-8 hours of sleep.

Okay, so now the big section.....Did this work as good or better as the original? Well, the answer is not so simple. I will break this down into a couple different sections.

Going to Sleep: Without Melatonin, there is nothing here that is going to knock you out, which I am okay with as I do not care for sleep aids with Melatonin. This did relax me and while it would not make me pass out, once I was ready to fall asleep my body was in a state of relaxation where it was real easy to do. This was the exact same feeling I had with the original formula.

Hitting that REM Sleep: This is where the product shined in comparison to the original. In the original formula I averaged around 6 hours and 45 minutes to 7 hours of sleep. Here my average was 7 to 7 and a half hours of sleep every time I took it. I would be OUT! I would have some vivid dreams every now and again, nothing I can really remember or were too crazy, but would not move until my alarm went off the next day. So this part was great.

Waking Up: My favorite part of the original Resurrect PM was the way I would wake up! I would spring right out of bed and be fired up to hit the gym in the mornings, which is nice since I wake up around 4am each day. That was lacking here. I would not wake up with a hangover or that cloudy sensation, nothing like that, but it would just be a normal wake up. So I definitely miss that aspect from the original.

So, this will relax you enough to get you to sleep, it will aid you in hitting that nice REM sleep, but you would just wake up as you normally would without that refreshed feeling. I have never really felt that refreshed feeling outside of the original Resurrect PM (and believe me I have taken a few sleep aids in my time), but I do miss that. End of the day, this still works great as a sleep aid in its current state. I think the original was slightly better, but this still does its job better than most others in this market.

I had paid $29.99 for this, but it was a BOGO special at the time. Right now you can buy this at Muscle & Strength for $19.99 for 25 servings (100 capsules). That comes out to 80 cents a serving which is a pretty great value in my book. Combined with the effectiveness here, this is a great value!

Side Effects

Vivid dreams at times, no big deal really, just some people may not like that.

Conclusion

So yes, my fears were squashed of the new formula not being effective. This still works just as great, if not better, than the original in getting you in that deep REM sleep, but it does lack that refreshed feeling. Overall, I like the original formula better (due to that refreshed feeling), and for some reason I enjoy taking a powder sleep aid versus pills, but no real reason outside of preference on that one. Ronnie if your reading this and have any of the original powder formula left for sale somewhere, let me know and I will buy some!! If you are in the market for a sleep aid, then give this a try for a nice melatonin free sleep aid that you can find at a pretty great value. This gets the DaSlaya stamp of approval and I highly recommend this product.

July 23, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Two Scoops Aid In DOMS Recovery
  • Not Effective At One Scoop
  • Prop Blend

An expensive BCAA/EAA product that requires two scoops on training days to be effective and may cause you some stomach discomfort. A low dosed prop blend with a lot of hype built up around it as a marketing strategy in my opinion. This does its job, but there are better options out there.

38 years old, recovering from total reconstruction surgery on my left ankle, but finally back in the gym! A few months back Dr. Robert Wolfe released a paper stating that BCAAs alone to not aid in muscle protein synthesis but a direct combination of BCAA plus EAAs are the key. He then teamed up with TwinLab to create Reaal. This definitely peaked my interest and I pre-ordered this to get on board and try this supposedly revolutionary formula. The article about Dr. Wolfe and his BCAA myth paper as well as the partnership can be found here https://www.stack3d.com/2018/02/twin-lab-amino-authority.html

Here we have a proprietary blend that is patented. The REAAL9 Patented-Ratio EAA Blend contains 3.6g of Leucine, Lysine HCI, Valine, Isoleucine, Arginine, Threonine, Phenylalanine, Methionine, Histidine, and Tryptophan.

As far as the BCAAs are concerned leucine plays an important role in muscle protein synthesis, while isoleucine induces glucose uptake into cells. The Valine in the red headed step child here, as more research is needed to even know what this does for you. Valine just takes some BCAA credit while the true workhorses are Leucine and Isoleucine.

The rest are EAAs and lysine helps build a healthy immune system, threonine maintains the balance of protein within the body to support normal growth and development, and phenylalanine converts into tyrosine which is needed to form important brain chemicals to help regulate our metabolism. Arginine is important for blood flow and NO levels, methionine helps the body to remove and process fat, histidine aids in your bodies response to substances, and typtophan produces serotonin to influence emotions and mood.

So as you can see each Amino Acid has its own role to play, and supposedly this is the perfect dose. I find this to be a bit low, but I will discuss that below. Recently, Reaal became available in packets which contain two doses per packet, so in my head this is truly meant to be taken as two doses versus just one.

Of note, this is vegan friendly, gluten free, kosher, lactose free, and free of dyes.

Taste: I tried the Fuji Grape flavor. This did not taste that great to me at all. It was very drinkable but I never got a grape flavor from it. I found every time I drank a scoop of this it would never settle well with my stomach and give me a very minor stomach ache. So not so great.

Mixability: Mixed easily with a shaker cup with around 8-10oz of water. No foaming or left over residue issues.

Dosing: I tried dosing this one scoop intra workout, and then moved to one scoop PWO and one scoop Post. I will discuss the results of each in effectiveness. On rest days I would just take one scoop after waking up.

So overall yes this did work as intended and did decrease muscle DOMS as that is the easiest way to tell of your BCAA/EAA supplement is working for you. Initially at one scoop intra workout, this gave me that minor stomach ache so was not enjoyable at all trying to lift with that feeling in your gut. At only one scoop I was still a bit sore the next day and even more so two days after. However, once I moved to dosing this one scoop Pre and one scoop Post this worked great. It still gave me that stomach ache, but I had no real muscle doms to speak of and this product did a nice job there.

So yes, this does work as intended but its something with the ingredients that my body just does not like. This takes two scoops to be effective (at least it was for me). I have had other products where one scoop was just as effective, if not more, than this, so in comparison the effectiveness is about average here, nothing significant.

The cheapest I could find this was for $38.39 for 30 scoops from the Vitamin Shoppe. That comes out to $1.28 per scoop. This means that on training days this cost me $2.56 and $1.28 on rest days. I average working out 4 days a week, so that is about 11 scoops a week and this would only last you around 3 weeks. So yeah this is very expensive, and in my opinion just not worth the value at this price point.

Side Effects

Minor stomach ache. Something with those natural ingredients do not tend to agree with me.

Conclusion

So is this product over-hyped? YES! Does it work? Yes at two scoops. Is it expensive? Yes. I was glad to try this out but did not really enjoy the run at all to be honest. Once I found the right dosing to be effective it worked well, but at the expense of a stomach ache each time. I have had other BCAA/EAA products that are light years ahead of this, and I don't care who patented this prop blend or which personality backs it up, its just not worth it in my opinion. Its all marketing at the end of the day. It gets a Meh rating because yeah it did work but, man is it expensive. There are better options out there.

July 18, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Cheap
  • Did Not Hydrate
  • Did Not Enhance Endurance

One of the few times Insane Labz has a fully disclosed profile. Cheaply made hydration and endurance enhancer, that did not much of anything for me. It is very cheap, but save your money and buy something that will actually hydrate you.

38 years old, recovering from total reconstruction surgery on my left ankle, but finally back in the gym! I like to have a supplement that provides some extra supplements either during or after my workout. Back in the day I used to drink Gatorade, but now I realize you lose some benefits with all the sugar and calories involved. I received Krampus during a New years special for free with another purchase. I have tried a couple other electrolyte supps in the past, so lets see how this one stacks up.

Well, in a rare occurrence Insane Labz actually has a fully disclosed label here. Lets break down each ingredient to see why it was included.

Folate (Folic Acid) 500mcg: This aids in cell renewal, as well as reducing the risk of birth defects for pregnant women. RDA is 400mcg for men over 13 years old, and this is dosed a little high at 500mcg.

Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 2mg: Boosts your mood, energy level, memory, heart, skin, hair, digestion and more. This vitamin is so important for you, mainly getting you that energy boost, that you will see it sold a lot as a stand alone. RDA of 2.4mcg and here we have 2mg. The B12 here is the cheaper and lower end version called cyanocobalamin.

Magnesium (as Magnesium Citrate) 200mg: This aids in bone structure. RDA here is 400mg (men 19-30 years), 310mg (women 19-30 years), 420mg (men 31+), and 320mg (women 31+). This is a good addition to your multivitamin.

Chloride (as Sodium Chloride & Potassium Chloride) 360mg: Very important for your blood. Maintains proper blood volume, blood pressure, and pH of your body fluids.

Sodium (as Sodium Chloride) 210mg: Helps keep the water (the amount of fluid inside and outside the body's cells) and electrolyte balance of the body. 2300mg is the RDA for sodium, so this nice addition keeps your diet supplemented and does not go overkill.

Potassium (as Potassium Chloride) 150mg: Plays a role in many body functions including transmission of nerve signals, muscle contractions, fluid balance, and various chemical reactions. 149 - 298mg is the RDA here.

OXYGOLD (Fulvic Acid) 50mg: This is a key ingredient found in most Insane Labz products. This is there for bio-availability and nutrient uptake. A very informative video on this can be found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO4yryNnuAE. That video will do a much better job than I could.

Overall the profile looks promising. What is missing here that you typically see in electrolyte replenishing supplements are some sore of trace mineral compound. The electrolytes are dosed decently, so you would expect this to work, but as you will see below that is not necessarily the case.

Taste: I got the Santa's Helper flavor. You can church it up any way you want, but its blue raspberry. It was very sweet, tasted okay, but sweeter than I like. Very drinkable though as long as you sipped it, big chugs would cause some issues with the sweetness.

Mixability: I typically used a funnel and mixed this in a 12oz bottle of water. I had no issues mixing it at all with just a few shakes and used a blender bottle on occasion with no residue or anything left over.

Dosing: Directions call for one scoop daily. I dosed this post workout, mid morning, or intra workout.

Electrolyte supplements are real easy to gauge effectiveness because you know when your hydrated or not. You should be taking an extra trip to the bathroom to urinate if this does its job. Well it was a hit or miss for me. When I took this post workout or mid morning, some mornings it would cause me to feel more hydrated, but most mornings it would just be me drinking flavored water. I say about 20% of the time it would hydrate me, the rest I would feel no real change beyond drinking that bottle of water. Intra workout this was just way too sweet for me and would give me some stomach issues while trying to lift due to its sweetness. So that was a no go. This ones a tough one to gauge because it worked sometimes, and not the other times.

Krampus is touted to aid in hydration and endurance. Hydration was a hit or miss as i stated above, but endurance why I do not see how. It just simply did not work in that aspect for me. Any effect I did feel was so minor that it really made no difference to me. Disappointed in this.

I got this as a free gift with purchase, but you can find this for $14.99 for 60 servings at A1 Supplements. That comes out to 25 cents a serving which is insanely cheap. However, I do believe you get what you pay for and I think all the ingredients here are on the cheap end and really did not seem to do much for me, so that kills its value. If this worked like I thought it would this would be a steal, but that is not the case here.

Side Effects

Experiencing nothing at all.

Conclusion

Overall, I felt like I was just drinking blue razz flavored water most days. On the days it did work it would be great, but I never got that cool sensation of feeling hydrated. If it did anything it was so minor it was hardly noticeable. However, if your looking for something to flavor up your water then here you go.

July 14, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Energy When Taken PWO
  • Fairly Priced
  • Stomach Ache
  • Terrible Intra-workout
  • Flavor Too Sweet

A straight dextrose product that can cause you stomach discomfort. Pretty effective to keep those energy levels up when taken pre-workout, but I advise against taking this intra-workout due to the stomach issues. You can find this for a cheap price utilizing priceplow.

38 years old, recovering from total reconstruction surgery on my left ankle, but finally back in the gym! I used to see people argue back and forth which is better HBCD vs dextrose, and only having experience with HBCD supplements, I decided I wanted to try dextrose to gain some personal experience. I was going through my phase of wanting to try out products by MAN Sports, so I grabbed up some ISO-Carb. Let's see how straight dextrose compared to my experience with some HBCD supplements in the past.

Each 33g scoop nets you 120 calories, 30g Total Carbs in form of sugar, and 33g Dextrose. Of course I appreciate the full disclosure on the label here. There are of course some added ingredients based off the flavor you get for the purpose of the flavor itself. Dextrose is a simple sugar carb, so that is why the label is like this, but I find it a little odd that if there are 33g of Dextrose only nets you 30g Carbs, but whatever. I am just used to HBCDs where its a 1:1 ratio. The idea of dextrose is that it is a fast-digetsing simple sugar that refills your tank as fast as possible. For a more technical definition, dextrose is a "Corn-derived monosaccharide, also known as glucose, that is approximately 30% less sweet than pure cane sugar that provides an easily and rapidly digesting source of carbs for athletes and bodybuilders." (Supplementreviews.com) People typically like this option as their carb source because it is cheaper.

Taste: I got the Dorks flavor and was a bit disappointed. It did have that fun candy type taste and you could taste slight sugar, but it made me cough every time I drank it. Like that sugar cough you get when you eat candy, if that makes sense to you! Of course not, you don't eat candy (keep lying to yourself and the world). I found the flavor to get old after about 3 doses, so this really was not too great. It was drinkable, but I more dreaded drinking it each time.

Mixability: Mixed great in 6-8oz of water in my shaker. Never had issues with mixing or any left over residue.

Dosing: I dosed this multiple way. I tried this pre workout and intraworkout. I never take carbs post workout, even though that is when the "experts" say is the best time to take dextrose. Dose this as you see fit in your workout regiment as a carb source.

About 18 months ago I was a skeptic of using any carb source, thinking it was straight broscience and a waste of money. I eventually tried out Super Carb, Cluster Bomb, and Intra-Elite which are HBCD supplements, but quickly learned that these do have a great effect on my energy levels during my workout. So wanting to see the difference in Dextrose, I figured ISO-Carb was a great one to use. In a nutshell to quote Clipper83 from my journal on May 31, 2018 "Straight dextrose (Iso-Carb) sounds like a nightmare for a stomach." That statement basically says it all. Lets discuss some pro's and con's of how I dosed this.

Pre-Workout This worked the best for me. Yes this did give me some minor stomach issues as it would feel like a rock in my stomach, but it would last maybe 10 minutes. Once I got past that this worked fine. I substituted taking ISO-carb instead of a protein shake upon waking up since I workout first thing in the morning and do not like to lift weights completely fasted. I did find this gave me enough energy to last through my workouts and kept me with that full type feeling so I did not go hungry half way through a lift. This is the best way to take this in my opinion, just give yourself some lead time (for me it was 60 minutes) to get rid of that stomach bomb.

Intra-Workout: This is how I initially took ISO-Carb, as I really like to take my carbs during my workout to keep my energy levels up instead of having to just rely on a high stim PWO. Well, this did not workout well at all. Not only would I get a stomach ache halfway through my workout and feel way too full, the DORKS flavor was just too sweet and I would get that weird cough in the gym. I did this for about a week to make sure it was this causing those issues, once I confirmed I moved to taking this Pre. Not a great way to take this.

Most people say to take Dextrose Post workout to replenish your body. I never tried it this way, and maybe that is why I did not get the maximum benefits from this product. However, taking it Pre did work effectively for me so it did d its job as long as you can look past the stomach discomfort.

I picked this up from MAN Sports website for $24.99 for 30 servings. That comes out to about 83 cents a serving which is not too bad. You can currently find this (using PricePlow) at mysupplementstore.com for $16.99 for 30 servings, coming out to 57 cents a serving. So yeah a lot cheaper than HBCD products, but really depends on what you want from this. For me this value is okay, not great because of the stomach issues this gave me, but yes it was effective when I dosed this right. I will give it an okay to average value, and this really boils down to your preference on dextrose vs hbcds vs every other carb source.

Side Effects

One scoop felt like a bomb in my gut. A minor stomach ache that would take about 10 minutes to go away. Not as fast digesting as they say!!

Conclusion

This ones tough to rate, since once I took this pre it was effective but it came at a price. Its a lot cheaper than HBCD products, but those products I can use anytime around my workout and have no issues. If dextrose works well for your body then this may be a good option, but for me I just do not digest it well. With my ratings, effectiveness gets a 7 based off taking it Pre, and value the same, but effectiveness will take a hit with the stomach ache side effect. I am going to give this a MEH since it at least did do something for me, but I will stick with HBCDs from here on out.

Overall
Overall
3.0
3.0
(SR paid for product; BSN did not participate)
  July 13, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
    • Stomach Discomfort
    • Bloating
    • High Sodium
    • High Carbs

A not so clean profile with a poor taste considering its marketing for big flavor. Bad mixability and this can give you some stomach issues along the way. Avoid this protein.

38 years old, recovering from total reconstruction surgery on my left ankle, but finally back in the gym! BSN has been a brand that has been around since I can remember, so when I heard they teamed up with Cold Stone Ice Cream to create a Protein flavor, I got very excited. I was hesitant to get it at first, since I have a lot of protein at home, but once the SR crew offered this up, I had to jump on it! So a big thank you to Tommy and Clipper for the opportunity to try this out, lets see if this lived up to my expectations.

This is listed under the meal replacement category here on SR, but I think its just your basic blended protein. Either way the macros we get per scoop (47g) are 200 calories, 6g total fat (2g saturated), 240mg Sodium, 14g Carbs, and 22g Protein. The protein matrix is comprised of Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Calcium Caseinate, Micellar Casein, Milk Protein Isolate, Egg Whites, and Glutamine Peptides. It is not fully disclosed how much of each protein is actually in here, so we really do not know if we are getting an even distribution of all the proteins, or what the balance truly is. There is a ton of other ingredients, which I will include a picture of as it is too long to list.

The profile really does not do much for me. Granted this is a blended or meal replacement type option, it just appears to me to have a ton of filler ingredients and is a bit high in Carbs and Sodium for the amount of protein you are getting per scoop.

Taste: I recieved the GermanChokolateKake flavor. It did not taste good at all. It was drinkable, but I was expecting good tasting protein with all those filler ingredients, and it was a very bland and poor tasting chocolate shake. You barely get a chocolate flavor from it. I mixed it with milk and water, with milk it was tolerable, but with water it was terrible. Very disappointed here. Perhaps the other flavors are better, who knows.

Mixability: This mixed okay in my shaker at one scoop. Residue would almost immediately settle to the bottom after the initial shakes, so it was completely unavoidable to not have residue on the bottom of the shaker cup. Mixability here was poor.

Dosing: I would take one scoop with milk or water either post workout, or to start my day on rest days. Its a protein powder, so you dose this as needed to fit your daily needs.

So when I saw Clipper only sent me a bag of 9 servings, I was sad. Then I tried the first shake and was glad! I gauge all my protein powders based off digestibility and if it kept me full or not, obviously varying by the protein type. One scoop would always make me feel bloated, and would not digest well at all for me. It would seem to just sit at the bottom of my stomach and be a rock there for half an hour after consuming it. It did in fact keep me full due to this, but not in the good way where you feel satiated, but in the bad way where you feel like you ate too much or have a stomach ache. Poor digestibility and poor taste, that is enough for me to know that this is a very poorly put together protein powder. Very disappointing!

You can get this for $29.58 from bodybuilding.com, or $29.99 from the Vitamin Shoppe or Fitness First USA. This size gets you 25 servings and comes out to about $1.18 per serving. You can buy bigger sizes for more savings as well. However, given that this was not effective for me, and pretty much hurt me versus helping me, there is no value in this. The price is not so great anyways, but it is widely available and you can find it for good deals. No value to be had in my eyes.

Side Effects

Bloating and stomach ache at one scoop, whether I dosed it with milk or water.

Conclusion

This protein is a complete gimmick in my eyes and was one of the biggest supplement let downs for me in 2018. I do not recommend this to anyone, it has a poor ingredient profile and can cause you some discomfort. I could almost look past half of this if the taste was great, but BSN could not even get that right with this flavor. Your mileage may vary, this was my experience, but a big DaSlaya thumbs down!!

Overall
    Thanks to NutraHouse for sending it out!
      July 12, 2018

• Overall Healthier
    • Regularity Improvement
    • Taste Good
    • Price Is A Little High
    • Slightly Under-dosed

A good tasting greens formula that does its job. The price is a bit high with its current serving size, but I recommend you give this a try.

38 years old, recovering from total reconstruction surgery on my left ankle, but finally back in the gym! From time to time I like to include a greens supplement in my stack to give me that extra insurance of getting my daily allotment. I had never heard of Nutrahouse, so once their opportunity came up, I had to give it a try. Big thank you to Nutrahouse and SR for this opportunity to review this product for you. I have had experience with some good and bad green products in the past, so lets see how this stacks up in my experience.

As with any other greens supplement out there, you get a ton of ingredients in here, so we are going to hit on the big items only. Each scoop is 10.6g which is a little low for my liking in a greens, as I like to see between 11.25 - 12.5g per serving. Not too big of a deal, but definitely one to take note of when we are trying to maximize our value of greens per serving. In total there are five prop blends which we will touch on.

The first prop blend is the Powerful Phytofood Greens Complex. Here you get 4,098mg of your greens, and basically the reason you are taking this product. Next we get Essentials Digestive & Fiber Blend. That consists of 2,500mg to aid in your digestive system and includes things like Chia seeds which are great to have daily. The Antioxidants, Fruits & Veggies Blend consists of 2,007mg of more greens and reds. The Phytofood Probiotic & Enzyme Blend contains 534mg of digestive enzymes to aid in food digestion. Finally, we get 200mg of VitaBerry Hi ORAC Fruit Blend which is a trademarked ingredient giving you another boost of fruit.

Overall, I like the profile here, even if I find it slightly under-dosed. All the prop blends include things I find important such as Probiotics and Fiber. I do not get overly concerned with prop blends in a greens supplement, as I would really have no clue which ingredient is better at what dose anyways.

Taste: I got the Berry flavor, which I believe is the only flavor available at the moment. I liked it, and I thought it tasted like cinnamon. This is the make or break for Greens supplements, so Nutrahouse did a good job here. It was easy to drink and wasn't the best greens I have had, but thought it was just fine.

Mixability: This mixed together well for me, but I always seemed to have some residue caught up in parts of my Shaker. This was not as bad as I have experienced with other greens supplements in the past, but there will be some residue left over.

Dosing: One scoop a day. I mixed this with around 10oz of water daily, and had it mid afternoon with my afternoon snack.

I never experience an energy boost from a greens supplement, but with Phytofood I did, but it was very very slight. Taking this around 330pm, was great because my work day was wrapping up and usually I would get tired at this point as I wake up around 4am each day. This would give me a slight boost which was nice. This also gave me that overall wellness feeling, but not as great as I have experienced with other greens supplements in the past. I would say its average from what you would expect here.

After being off this for a few days, I really do not feel much of a difference. One thing I did notice lately is that my bowel movements are a lot messier now than they were while taking Phytofood. Not to be gross, but its an important feature to note. I stay regular normally, but this helped keep my business much more solid which is nice.

Overall, this did give me that slight energy boost and make me feel a little healthier. This is about average in effectiveness of a Greens supplement. There is nothing wrong with being average because it means the supplement did its job, so good enough.

Cheapest I could find this was on Jet.com for $36.99 for 30 servings. If you buy multiple tubs the price gets a little cheaper. This comes out to $1.23 per serving, which is a little high considering the serving size. I would not call this expensive but there are cheaper options out there to be had with more bang for your buck. If you can find this on a sale somewhere though, then the price would be right!

Side Effects

Conclusion

I enjoyed my run of Phytofood. I did like the taste, and that in my eyes is the first real test of a greens supplement. I think if the dose were just a little bit higher, the effects would increase slightly and the price would be more on par. Other than that, I do recommend you give this a try if you are in the market for a greens supplement. While it will not WOW you, it will do its job and provide that daily immunity support you are looking for. Thanks again for this opportunity.

July 3, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Properly Dosed
    • Protects Immune System
    • Decent Extras
    • Effective Multi
    • 50% Bad Form Of Vitamin A

A Multi-vitamin that uses some cheap ingredients, but is properly dosed and contains all key vitamins plus more. The price is right, and it ranks up in the top multi-vitamins that I have used. Worth the money.

38 years old, recovering from total reconstruction surgery on my left ankle, but finally back in the gym! I saw that GNC's Mega Man was on the new and improved bounty program, and decided to give it a shot. In case you did not know, I love the bounty program. I have become a bit of a supplement brand snob, so its good to go back to the simpler and cheaper (in price) options to check out the effectiveness. This vitamin has been around as long as I can remember. I always keep a multi in my daily routine, as effective ones truly do prevent me from falling ill. Lets see if this made me a Mega Man or not.

Fully disclosed profile, except for the Fruit and Vegetable Blend which we will discuss. A lot of ingredients here, and none of the important vitamins were left out, nor under-dosed for my specific RDA (Male, 38 years old). There were some extras here, but as I usually do lets discuss the important vitamins I look for in a multi. Each dose is two tablets. Of note there is no Iron here if that is a concern.

Vitamin A - This is good for healthy eyes and general growth and development, including healthy teeth and skin. 3,000 IU per day for men is the RDA and here we get 5,000 IU. The forms you want to avoid here acetate, palmitate, performed Vitamin A, retinyl acetate, or retinyl palmitate. Those have toxicity issues and are cheap. Here we get 50% Beta Carotene (which is good) and 50% Retinyl Acetate (which is bad). So a ding here for a half cheap version of Vitamin A that may have some toxicity issues. The issues become when 100% of the bad form is used, so not a deal breaker or anything to be too concerned with, but a case of it could be better!

Vitamin B6/B12 - B6 aka Pyridoxine, is a major vitamin to have in your body daily. It aids in the functions of movement, memory, energy expenditure, and blood flow. 1.3mg daily for men ages 19-50 is the RDA, and here we get 50mg. B12 boosts your mood, energy level, memory, heart, skin, hair, digestion and more. This vitamin is so important for you, mainly getting you that energy boost, that you will see it sold a lot as a stand alone. RDA of 2.4mcg and here we have 50mcg. The B12 here is the cheaper and lower end version called cyanocobalamin, not a crisis as its fairly common to see in vitamins such as Opti-Men.

Vitamin C - Good for strengthening blood vessels and giving skin its elasticity, anti-oxidant function, and iron absorption. RDA for men is 60mg, and we get 300mg.

Vitamin D - Good for strong healthy bones, and as I said very important to me living in Washington State (not so much in the summer, but mostly winter) since it rains a ton and the sun only makes an appearance for a few months a year. RDA is 600IU and this gives a nice 1600IU per dose.

Vitamin E - Good for blood circulation and protection from free radicals. The maximum dose you want of this daily is 1,500 IU and here we get 30IU so you have wiggle room in your daily food intake. You want your Multi to say something along the lines of "mixed tocopherols and tocotrienols" as the form of Vitamin E, while avoiding the synthetic version of this which is called "d,l-alpha tocopherol." Mega Men uses D-Alpha Tocopheryl which is common and good to go, and yes its spelled Tocopherol or Tocopheryl.

Vitamin K - Good for blood coagulation. RDA when combining supplements and food is 182mcg for men, and this starts us off with 80mcg.

Folic Acid - This aids in cell renewal, as well as reducing the risk of birth defects for pregnant women. RDA is 400mcg for men over 13 years old, and this is dosed right at 400mcg.

Calcium - Good for healthy teeth and bones. We get 200mg here, RDA is between 1,000 - 2,500mg for men 19-50 years old. You can get more calcium in your diet by eating yogurt, cheese, milk, tofu, and black molasses.

Zinc - Good for immunity, growth and fertility. 11mg daily for men over 14 and here we get 25mg.

Chromium - Good for glucose function - making sure every cell in your body gets energy when needed. Its recommended you do not exceed 1,000mcg per day, and excessive doses may lead to stomach problems, low blood sugar, and can damage the liver, kidneys, nerves, and cause irregular heart rhythms. Pretty serious stuff! This is strictly talking about Chromium supplements, as Chromium in food will not hurt you no matter what the dosage, so this is a nice safe dose at 120mcg.

Magnesium - A mineral to help aid in your bone structure. The daily Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDA) for elemental magnesium are: 19-30 years, 400 mg (men) and 310 mg (women); 31 years and older, 420 mg (men) and 320 mg (women). 100mg is the dose here, as you can get most of your magnesium through food. This is a common dosage.

Boron - RDA is .25 - 3.25mg. Boron aids in building muscle, increase test levels, and builds strong bones. While not essential, I like to have this included and here we have a nice 2mg dose.

Super Antioxidant Blend: Consists of 25mg alpa-lipoic acid, 2mg Lutemax 2020 Lutein, 1mg Lycopene, 500mcg Turmeric Root Extract, 400mcg Zeaxanthin, 50mcg Astaxanthin, and 10mcg Beta-Cryptoxanthin. Low doses for all, but a little added extra never hurt.

Fruit & Vegetable Blend (68.5mg): Way too many ingredients to list, but its a bit low in my opinion, as other multi's have close to 100mg of greens blends' in my experience.

Amino Acid Blend: 50mg of Arginine and 50mg Glutamine. Again, low doses here, and I have seen up to 1g of Aminos combined in a multi.

Brain Health Blend: Consists of 10mg Choline, 10mg Inositol, 4mg Silica, 2mg Boron, 1mg Grape Seed Extract, and 10mcg Vanadium. Decent ingredients in my eyes at a small dose to compliment the rest of your stack.

Overall the ingredient profile is not too bad. Its slightly above average and if they would bump up their Greens blend a bit, and get rid of that 50% Vitamin A toxic form, then this vitamin would be a contender with the top ones on this site like Opti Men. As it stands now it falls short ingredient and quality wise.

Taste: Pill form, no weird taste or smell.

Mixability: Pills were fairly small and were easy to swallow.

Dosing: I took 2 pills with breakfast daily. I had no issues with this nor did I find the need to seperate my pills throuhgout the day. 2 pills a day with food, easy enough.

So as we all know this is very hard to judge. I judge my multi-vitamins on if I got sick through the run and how I felt after taking them each day. I never once got sick, nor did I have even a sign of getting sick (for me its a sore throat at night) through the 45 days taking this. I took this a couple times with a good 30 minute gap without food, and this did not cause me a stomach ache or anything like that. Also the Riboflavin is not dosed in a huge way so I did not suffer from neon colored urine. All in all I enjoyed my run here, it performed fine for what a Multi should do. Obviously the extras were not enough for me to stop eating my greens and reds each day, but the added ingredients are decent in my eyes and not fillers as you see in some multi-vitamins. GNC took an interesting approach here, and I think did a fine job.

I picked this up from Rite-Aid Online for $14.99 plus S/H and tax which came out to $22.55 for a 45 day supply. That comes out to 50 cents a day which I think is pretty good. Right now if you google this Rite-Aid is selling it for $13.99 online, so the deal is slightly better. Of all the other Multi-Vitamins I have tried with value and effectiveness, only Opti-men beats this in my eyes. So I think here we have a good deal.

Side Effects

None, no stomach issues if you do not eat immediately and no weird colored pee.

Conclusion

In the end this is up in my Top 3 of Multi-Vitamins I have ever used and would use again in the future. This falls just below Opti-Men in my eyes, and this is based off the last 10 (11 counting this one) Multi's that I have reviewed here and actually paid attention to. My supplement brand snobbery has lessened, so GNC does have something going here. Perhaps I will branch out more and try out more things by them instead of automatically discounting them. I will definitely run this again in the future, and I do recommend it. Sure its not perfect, but no supplement truly is.