DaSlaya

Reputation

TROOPer Level

First Bloods

*Rookie League

Comments

*Rookie League

Deals Shared

*Rookie League

*Rookie League = only among other members in their first year on SR. DaSlaya will be eligible for rookie league trophies for another 88 days.

Reviews by DaSlaya

Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!
  January 16, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increase Supplement Absorption
  • Better Feeling Of General Health
  • Amazing Value

38 years old and I lift 4 days a week. I had never heard of AstraGin before until I joined SR last year. Once I read up on it I was intrigued to say the least so added this specific product to my I Want to Try list. Low and behlod, Nature Restore came back and offered this up again, so I had to try it out! Big thank you to Nature Restore and SR for this opportunity to see what AstraGin was all about.

Really simple profile here, 200mg of AstraGin per pill. AstraGin is an absorption enhancement ingredient which supports the absorption of amino acids, creatine, arginine, citrulline, beta-alanine, glucosamine, vitamins, and minerals. AstraGin improves bioavailability of these ingredients by allowing a greater amount of nutrients to pass from the bloodstream into the cells. AstraGin itself is owned by Nuliv Science, and of special note, they have a link on their page on AstraGin showing this product winning Supplement of the Month here on SR. Typical recommended dosage here is 50mg a day, here we get a huge 200mg.

Nuliv Science Link: https://nulivscience.com/astragin/

Taste/Mixabililty: Nothing to talk about here, pills were pretty small and extremely easy to swallow.

Dosing: I varied this throughout the bottle. I would take this with whatever supplement I wanted to get more absorption with to see which works best ranging from Beta-Alanine to PWO's to Greens. After reading up some more I do see that it is recommended to take AstraGin prior to working out as this increases absorption of key amino acids which increase nitric oxide levels in the your body. Realistically though you can take this anytime of the day and it has a life of 24 hours in the human body.

So I thought this section would be pretty tough, as we are rating an absorption product that you may really not feel immediately, or at all, depending on what you took this with. The best example for me to realize how great AstraGin is was taking this with BlockBuster PWO by MAN Sports. Now, 1 dose of that contains 1.6g Beta Alanine. For me, I do not get the tingly feeling until at least 2.5g or higher. I took the PWO without AstraGin and did not feel the tingles. I then took the PWO with AstraGin (different days of course), and wow that tingling sensation was there as if I just dosed 3.2g! So yes, I saw the difference here.

I will say this, i did take this with a BCAA product that was not working at all i hopes to kick start it, but it turns out if the product doesn't work to begin with, this won't fix it!! Taking this with a Greens drink was hard to tell right off the bat. The few times I did it with that though I would take mid afternoon and by diner time frame I would feel "healthy" as if I did make my allotment of fruits and veggies for the day. I feel like that on the greens drink to begin with over a long period of time, never daily if that makes sense.

Those were just a couple of my experiences on AstraGin, what I would recommend to you trying this is to try out your supplements by itself first see the effect, then if you have a PWO or something that is loses it effectiveness over time, kick start that bad boy with a dose of AstraGin. You will see more and more companies are adding AstraGin in lieu of Bioperine as their absorption agent, which I think is a good thing, but you will typically get 50mg there, not 200mg like this powerhouse. I really can notice a difference using AstraGin versus not, and it is no placebo!!

From Nature Restore themselves you can get a 90 day supply (90 pills) for $24.99 which comes out to 28 cents a use. Are you kidding me, this is a phenomenal deal!! Great value in the wallet and effectiveness makes me give this the DaSlaya value seal of approval! I don't know how you can find a better deal!

Side Effects

Conclusion

So yes, I highly recommend AstraGin by Nature Restore to anyone looking to enhance their absorption. There are good health benefits to this as well to help your intestinal wall, but mostly this is great to kick start your supplements that may be losing their mojo! The price is amazing on this, and honestly if your using this just for absorption you only really need to take this when you need to for whatever supps you desire. So 90 days could last you a very long time. I can't believe how excited an absorption product makes me, but I am truly blown away by this one, nice job and really glad I tried this out. I will be recommending this to all my friends as I do think this is one ingredient people are just not that aware of!!

Thanks to Adaptogen Science for sending it out!
  January 13, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
    • BurningAcidic Sensation In Throat
    • Under Dosed
    • Ineffective

38 years old and I lift 4 days a week. I have recently been trying non stim weight loss supps to no avail, so I decided to try out a thermogenic. I have only taken a thermo one other time, and that one did pretty good and I felt the thermo effects. When I saw Furian Xtreme come available via TROOPers I decided to give it a go. Big thank you to Adaptogen and SR for making this review possible and providing me the opportunity to provide some feedback.

Fully transparent label here which is great to see especially on a fat burner, where a lot of companies like to hide their "secret" blends. Lets break each ingredient down with dosage so we can evaluate what we have here. The ingredients I won't define are the 260mg of Caffeine Anhydrous (we know what caffiene does), and 2.5mg Bioperine for absorption. All doses are based off 1 pill.

N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine (125mg): Known as NALT, this is a more water-soluble form of the amino acid Tyrosine. Tyrosine enhances focus, mood, and alertness by increasing levels of dopamine, epinephrine, and norepinephrine. Typically dosage here is 500-2g, but according to examine.com studies in humans showing most anti-stress promise for acute supplemental L-Tyrosine use a dosage range of 100-150mg/kg bodyweight and taken 60 minutes before exercise. So either way we have a low dose here, but it does not hurt.

Coleus Forskohli Root Extract (50mg): This is an herb that may boost testosterone and induce fat loss, particularly in men. 250mg of 10% forskolin taken twice a day is recommended dose, here we have 20% forskolin but well underdosed at 50mg.

Paradoxine (50mg): This is a stim free weight loss ingredient that turns white adipose tissue to brown adipose tissue. The brown fat then gets activated by the Paradoxine which increases thermogenesis. I could not find any good dosage recommendations besides Priceplow, where they state 10-40mg, so if that holds true this is well dosed.

Teacrine (45mg): Similar to caffiene, this increases your dopamine levels to provide you with more long lasting energy, promote greater focus, and cognition. Typically doses of 100mg is where you can notice these effects, so 45mg is pretty low in here.

Advantra Z (40mg): You will see this called Bitter Orange on the label as welll utlized for weight management and as a thermogenic agent. NCBI has a nice paper on this ingredient, and concludes that "The results involving both published and unpublished clinical studies indicate that p-synephrine alone or in combination with caffeine does not appear to produce significant adverse cardiovascular effects or pose a risk to human health at doses commonly ingested orally. No adverse effects have been directly attributable to bitter orange extract or p-synephrine. p-Synephrine/bitter orange extract alone as well as in combination with other ingredients results in significant increases in resting metabolic rate, and when taken for periods of time up to 12 weeks may result in modest weight loss." Unsure about dosage here.

All in all a interesting ingredient profile. I appreciate they did not fill up the product with the standard ingredients you see as fillers like raspberry ketones and the like. Most of the ingredients here are under-dosed as well.

Taste/Mixabililty: Nothing to discuss here as its in pill form. I did have some issues after I swallowed the pill, which I will cover in side effects.

Dosing: The label calls for 1 pill a day, which is what I did. 4 times a week I would take a PWO, so I did not want to over saturate my body with caffeine by taking this multiple times in a day, though it sometimes appears that this was made to be dosed at 2 a day.

So I was looking for some appetite control, a thermogenic effect, and some fat loss. My expectations in the fat loss department were minimal, and I measure this by my belly versus my weight, since the numbers do not tell the whole story. Fat loss wise, I did not experience any at all. This was taken in a combination of good eating (pre-holidays) and bad eating (during holidays), so I got to see how this works with a good and bad diet. I noticed no difference whatsoever. I never did feel a thermogenic effect either. The one Thermo I have take in the past did warm me up, this never did, not even in the slightest which really surprised me. I also experienced no difference in appetite. I would typically take this mid-day as a pick me up thanks to the caffiene, but was just as hungry as normal. Also with that caffiene and the Teacrine I never even felt an energy boost. I am currently taking a PWO that contains 176mg of Caffiene and I feel that boost, so hard to say why I felt nothing in this product. My guess it the delivery system with a low dose of Bioperine but I cannot be certain.

Overall, nothing changed for me at all while taking this, I did actually gain a little fat, but that is due to the holidays. I was going to run this the whole 60 day course, bu the last few weeks I started to experience some bad side effects so I decided to stop.

The best deal I could find this was through Natural Foods via Amazon, which sells this for $33.99 + $5.62 shipping, so $39.61. If you follow the directions you get 60 doses coming out to 66 cents a dose. This is a pretty nice deal for a thermo, but I do rate value combined with effectiveness. Given that I found this not effective at all for me, the price may be right, but I personally would never buy this.

Side Effects

The last 3 weeks or so taking this (so after about 2 weeks), I would swallow the pill and after swallowing I would get a weird burning and acidic type sensation in my throat. This was very uncomfortable for me, and would last a few minutes each time. It felt like the pill would break open in my throat, but this happened so consistently I have no idea why this was happening. After dealing with this for a few weeks, thinking it would stop, and it did not I stopped using the product, because I found no point in taking something that is going to make me uncomfortable.

Conclusion

This was not effective for me at all. Yes, my diet did vary during this, but if someone has a perfectly clean diet then they really don't need a thermo. I was at least expecting something minimal like an energy boost or appetite suppression, but it just felt like a pill that did nothing at all. The side effect at the end coupled with everything makes me not recommend this product. Everyone's different, so bear in mind this was my experience. Adaptogen looks like they have some exciting products out there that I will likely try in the future, but this one was a swing and a miss!

Thanks to Barndad Nutrition for sending it out!
      January 10, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Convenient
    • Feels Like A Snack
    • Great Profile
    • Chicken Protein
    • A Bit Expensive
    • Flavor Can Get Old Fast

38 years old and I lift 4 days a week. I weigh in at 240 pounds so I require quite a bit of protein daily, so I like to turn to alternative ways to achieve this goal to supplement my food intake other than a shake. I had never heard of Barndad Nutrition before, and their protein snack had me intrigued, so I decided to give the Crispy Protein Bites a go. Thank you very much to SR and Barndad Nutrition for allowing me the opportunity to review this product for you. Lets see if this aided my taste buds.

Each bag of snacks is 43g and nets y...

Each bag of snacks is 43g and nets you 190 Calories (50 from fat), 6g Total Fat (1g Saturated), 220mg Sodium, 15g Carbs (6g Dietary Fiber, 1g Sugar), 20g Protein, and 205mg Calcium. The protein is CHICKPRO Chicken Protein Isolate and Pea Protein Isolate. This snack is definitely taking the more natural type approach for its protein sources, which I think is pretty cool these days.

Overall, this is not a bad profile for anyone out there. You can easily fit this in to hit your daily macros, the only gripe would be the sodium is a bit high, but thats not that bad really. Compared to most protein bars out there this is a pretty good profile for a snack, and a good alternative.

Taste: I recieved the Sweet BBQ flavor. My first couple of bags I really did enjoy the flavor, but by the fourth or fifth bag I got tired of it. It was not bad overall, just got bland very quickly. There was a small hint of bbq flavor in this, nothing overwhelming. It tastes fine overall. They do offer a bunch of other flavors such as Cheese Pizza, Cinnamon Bun, Ranch, and Siracha. So basically, you can find a flavor to fit your needs here.

Mixability: Nothing to report here as these are snack bites, like a mini chex mix. Very easy to eat.

Dosing: I would use this as my afternoon snack in between lunch and dinner. Obviously you would use this to supplement your food intake to achieve your daily macro goals, so you can dose it as needed.

Being its a protein snack I can really only judge the effectiveness on if it satisfied my appetite and my enjoyment of it. I did enjoy the MEAT-SNX very much at first, thought it was a different concept than a shake or a bar, but around the fifth bag I got tired of the snack. I would pour it into a small bowl and eat away, but the snack always left a small sticky residue on my fingers, which is no big deal, but made it a little inconvenient to eat on the go. It was nice having this snack to munch on, but as I said around the fifth bag the flavor enjoyment was gone and it just felt like work to get through the bags. I think if I had a flavor I truly loved, then it would be a different story, really this product boils down to flavor. Not bad overall though, and I think its a great approach for a protein snack. No weird digestibility issues or anything like that and it did satisfy me the way a snack should, meaning it did not leave me hungry 10 minutes later. So it is effective when used as a snack!

You can get a box of 8 bags for $21.89 from Bariatricpal.com or $23.49 from Amazon. This comes out to around $2.74 a bag. Of course protein powder is cheaper, but I would just compare this to Protein bars as its in the same market of sorts. This would be on the slightly expensive end as most protein bars are in the low 2 dollar mark these days. So slightly pricey here, but at least you are getting something different than a bar or powder, and the value to me personally goes up a little bit because it does suffice to aid in those snack cravings, and this really feels like a snack!

Side Effects

Conclusion

I would recommend this snack to anyone that wants to try something different to hit their daily protein goals other than a shake or a bar. I like the unique approach and this is great as a snack you can just veg out and watch TV or what not. I like that it actually feels like a snack versus a bar. I think flavor plays a huge role in this, so everyone will have different experiences with this, but I am likely going to pick up a box again in the future because Cheese Pizza, Ranch, and Cinnamon Bun sound like amazing flavors! One note to Barndad Nutrition, maybe you guys should look into offering a variety pack of these so this way you can avoid people getting tired of the same flavor quickly. Just a thought, thanks again!!

January 7, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Rest
    • Wake Up Ready To Go
    • Tastes Amazing
    • No Sleep Hangover
    • Cool Name
    • Prop Blend

38 years old and I lift 4 days a week. I like to keep a sleep aid supplement on hand since I typically do not sleep well normally, and suffer from Sleep Apnea. Plus I like to try and keep my body growing while I sleep. I look for sleeping aids that don't include melatonin as that gives me a sleep hangover at just about any dose, so I try to find other alternatives. I came across Nightmare by Insane Labz, and with a name like that how could I pass it up. I had been eager to try something by this company as well and knowing this was a bounty product was just an added bonus. Lets see if these nightmares made me go insane.

Well we have the dreaded prop blend here. Insane Labz has a mix of fully disclosed labels and prop blends in their vast number of products, this one just happens to be a prop blend which is unfortunate. Of course, from a business standpoint I do understand why they exist, but in this day and age it is becoming a thing of the past. Enough on that. Lets break down this prop blend.

Nightmare Blend (2,520mg)

4-Amino-3-Phenylbutyric Acid - Commonly known as Phenibut, this is actually a GABA molecule with the addition of a phenyl group. Russian researchers discovered that by changing GABA into 4-Amino-3-Phenylbutyric Acid, it was able to cross more easily into the nervous system & across the blood-brain barrier. Since it is a GABA, an inhibitory neurotransmitter, derivative, Phenibut increases GABA levels. (http://www.naturalcompounder.com/gaba-calm-supports-a-calm-cool-and-collected-you/) Exact dosage on this is based on too many factors to know at this time, and more studies need to be done to determine the efficacy. Phenibut and GABA go great with NO enhancing agents as well.

Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid - Commonly known as GABA, this is a depressive neurotransmitter, that is used for stress relief and goes great with any NO increasing agents. Like a lot of ingredients out there more research needs to be conducted, but 3-5g of GABA is used for the purpose of enhancing growth hormone metabolism. Obviously the dosage on this we can assume is much smaller, but this is likely there to relax you more than anything else.

L-Arginine - Amino Acid that is important for Blood Flow and NO levels. Studies show this is unreliable in healthy adults and typically taken in the 3-6g dose. However, high doses can cause some GI issues, so I am glad to know its at a smaller dose, from what we can surmise.

L-Taurine - An organic acid that is know to increase blood flow and comes with a wide variety of health benefits. You want to shoot between 500 - 2,000mg of this, but never to exceed 3g.

OXYGOLD (Fulvic Acid) - This is a key ingredient found in most Insane Labz products. This is there for bio-availability and nutrient uptake. A very informative video on this can be found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO4yryNnuAE. That video will do a much better job than I could.

All in all a simple ingredient profile, and the absence of Melatonin makes me happy. Hard to say if any of this is properly dosed or not, but we will discuss how this worked out below. Also of note in the other ingredients section this does contains Maltodextrin, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Silica, Natural and Artificial Flavoring, Sucralose, Calcium Oxide (529), and Colour (102).

Taste: I got the Lemonade flavor. Normally I try to stick with simple flavors, because in my experience the more fancy the flavor the worse it tastes. Well this just about knocked my socks off, this truly tasted identical to a glass of lemonade. It even gives you that weird lemonade cough too. I truly enjoyed drinking this at night, they absolutely nailed the flavor.

Mixability: I always mixed this in a shaker cup with 6-8oz of water. There was slight foaming at first, but it subsided pretty quickly. I chugged this some days, and others I sipped it, but it always mixed well. There was slight residue on the bottom, but not enough to concern me.

Dosing: Simple, 1 scoop 30-45 minutes before bed. I would take this then head right to bed. I only took this on days where I would lift the next morning, just in case you can build up a tolerance to Phenibut. I am not real sure there.

I'll be honest, the gimmicky label, the name, the prop blend, I really thought I was just wasting my money for a free bounty product. Well this proved me wrong. This gave me some pretty nice restful sleep and would put me to sleep within 45 minutes of taking it. Now, it does not knock you out like Melatonin does, this simply eases you into a relaxed state so you can fall asleep when your ready. I tried once to fight the urge and see if I could stay up, I did stay up but felt pretty miserable, so just gave in. Test complete. This reminded me very much of my favorite Sleep supplement, Resurrect PM by RCSS. Not quite as good or robust, but a very close second. Lets talk the label claims:

Rest, Calm, Deep Sleep, Dream - This did give me some good rest and it did calm me down which is usually why I have a hard time to sleep to begin with. I would get between 5-6 hours of sleep on this more towards the 5 hour mark of deep sleep. Dreams wise, occassionally I would have some strange dreams, but nothing too crazy.

The Worlds #1 Sleep Aid for the Hardcore Athlete - HAHA, pretty bold statement to put on the label, but it is an effective one none the less. I imagine most of the world has not heard of this, but figure I would throw this here for comedic value since its written on the tub.

I would wake up refreshed and ready to hit the gym, a feeling that I loved since I workout at 6am. This was the biggest take away for me, since I would have no sleep hangover, and feel refreshed even if this did not keep me in deep sleep as long as other supps will. This truly is a sleep SUPPLEMENT that will aid you well. Overall, I had a great run with this and am a bit sad its over now.

I paid $49.95 for 30 servings from Insane Labz, which comes out to $1.67 a serving. I looked around and could not find this for sale anywhere else. This is obviously a bit expensive for a prop blended product. So price hurts here, however, this was very effective for me so it will raise its value slightly for me. Hard to say the quality of ingredients here, I am going to guess they are not so great since it is hidden in a prop blend, but that is purely my speculation and I could be wrong on that. Either way I say you get average value for this overall.

Side Effects

Some weird dreams here and there, but nothing too bad.

Conclusion

Nightmare was a pretty great sleep aid that I could easily recommend. It tastes and works great, unfortunately it is a bit expensive and contains a prop blend. If you can look past that, and want to try something different then give this a shot, I think you will be just as surprised and impressed as me.

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
      January 7, 2018

• Great Profile
    • Definite Increase In Joint Health
    • IngredientManufacturing Transparency
    • Underdosed Kollagen II-xs

38 years old and I lift 4 days a week. I tend to suffer from joint pain quite often, even at my age, and could not pass up the opportunity to try out Extreme Joint Care from NutraBio. I also have a left shoulder and left ankle injury, so I also look for products to help aid in those pains. Big thank you to SR and NutraBio for making this review possible. I have had experiences with good joint relief supplements and bad ones, so lets see how NutraBio's holds up.

There are 10 main ingredients in here for the joints, so I won't do my usual and go in depth on each one, because that would just make this review insane and most of you would probably just stop reading. As Marshes pointed out below you can head over to http://www.nutrabio.com/product/52336/ to get in depth details. I will use a quick copy and paste from there, and talk about dosing of each ingredient:

1500mg D-Glucosamine Sulfate - A natural component in the growth, repair, and maintenance of cartilage. It may also assist with the slowing down of joint damage. Recommended daily dose is 1500mg, so this is right on the money.

540mg Chondroitin Sulfate - Forms the structural framework of collagen, not to mention promotes water retention within the joint structure, and increases joint flexibility and resistance to compression forces. Recommended daily dose here is 800 - 2,000mg so we are a bit underdosed here.

442mg Gelatin - In athletes shown to support joint health and possibly reduce the risk of joint deterioration. Dosage here depends on too many factors, but a nice addition none the less.

500mg Opti-MSM - Plays a role in maintaining the cushion between joints to support mobility and protect healthy cartilage. 500mg - 3g is recommended daily here, so we are on the low end here.

200mg Meriva Turmeric Phytosome - Supported by 22 clinical trials demonstrating effectiveness for joint health, and healthy inflammatory response after exercise and similar exertion. 80-500mg is whats needed here and we have a decent dose at 200mg. I personally have had great success at 400mg of this alone, but combined with the other ingredients this should be sufficient.

200mg KollaGen II-xs - The unique combination of natural nutrients found in kollaGen II-xs have been scientifically proven effective for joint health and flexibility. 375-500mg twice per day is the optimal dose here to benefit the joints, so we are very underdosed here. You can find more information of this ingredient here http://www.ingredients-insight.com/contractors/other-ingredients/certified-nutraceuticals/pressscientific-human-clinical-study-confirms-kollagen-ii-xs-efficacy-for-joint-and-connective-tissue-disorders.html

100mg ApresFlex - Helps protect against collagen degradation and improves joint comfort, function and mobility. This is just a brand name of Boswellia Serrata and 100-250mg taken with first meal of the day is recommended, so we are good here even if its on the low end.

100mg Hyaluronic Acid - Plays a key role in cushioning and lubricating areas such as tendons, joints and muscles. 50mg 1 - 2 times a day is recommended here, so we are right on the money.

5mg Bioperine - Enhance absorption of the active ingredients in Extreme Joint Care leading to higher bioavailability. This is your fairly standard dose here and this aids in the abrosption of Turmeric as well as the other ingredients here.

3mg Boron - Used by the body to build bones, improve the absorption of calcium, and for building and repairing joint cartilage. I like this ingredient, and look to my multi-vitamin for this normally, as this can also increase testosterone. 3mg is the effective dose, so once again we nailed it here.

You will also find Vitamin C, D3, Manganese, Potassium, and Sodium in here. Those are not so important for the joints but worth mentioning. So most everything is dosed correctly here except for the Kollagen II-xs. As Marshes pointed out it is unlike Nutrabio to have something under dosed, but I do believe in combination with everything else its just fine. So overall a pretty solid ingredient profile.

Taste/Mixability: Pills, so nothing to discuss here. They were easy to swallow down with water and not overly large or anything like that.

Dosing: The instructions call to dose 4 capsules daily with a meal or divide this in 2 servings of 2 capsules each with meals. I just took all 4 with breakfast, since they was right after my workout and the perfect time to get my joints healing again.

I did not feel anything for the first 2 weeks on this. Right about the 2 week mark until the end though this kicked in and my joints felt great. That is pretty standard for me on most joint supplements, anywhere from 10-14 days to kick in so no big surprise there. This definitely aided me in the everyday gym pains, the wrists, knees etc.. and did help me out in my more severe injuries. I honestly do not expect a joint supplement to take away my injured areas entirely, but I have found success in some. So really not much else to say here, it worked fairly well, and if I were to compare this to other successful joint products I have taken then this would be above average for sure. I have found 400mg of Super Bio-Curcumin to work best for me, but this would be my second choice after that. You get more benefits here with some of the other ingredients like Boron for more than just joints care.

The best price I could find this is $26.99 for 30 servings from Lucky Vitamin. That comes out to 90 cents a day. This is a little bit more than other products out there, but you are getting a lot of properly dosed high quality ingredients here, so that raises the value in my book. This worked pretty well for me so that also raises the value. So all in all not a bad value for what your getting here.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Once again NutraBio has produced a great product. I hold this company in high regards and expect a lot from them as I have enjoyed most of their products that I have used. This does not disappoint, and will aid you in your joint pains. Fairly priced, properly dosed (mostly), and a nice ingredient profile really make this product stand out. I highly recommend this.

January 6, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Amazing Taste
    • Great Digestibility
    • Effective
    • A Bit Expensive

38 years old and I lift 4 days a week. I recieved a tub of Isoject from Evogen from Tommy and Clipper as a bounty reward, so a big thank you to them and SR for making that possible and having such an awesome program in place. I take in quite a bit of protein daily to hit my macros, as i weigh in at 240 pounds, so having a protein powder around that I find enjoyable is a must! I had never heard of Evogen prior to taking this, so lets see how this first impression went.

Each 30g scoop nets you 110 calories, 2g Carbs, and 25g Protein. Prett...

Each 30g scoop nets you 110 calories, 2g Carbs, and 25g Protein. Pretty standard isolate profile here. This does not necessarily break down the different types of protein in here like you would find in other brands, but it appears that its all Cold-Filtered Whey Protein Isolate. According to the company they utilize a triple cold filtered whey isolate which preserves the quality of the whey isolate. Either way they did a nice job here.

I have included the typical amino acid breakdown you can expect from this protein and their label as well. This does include Soy and Milk so if you are allergic to any of these be advised. As I said standard profile that can meet anyone's macro goals.

Taste: I got the Cinnamon Roll flavor, and dare I say this was the best tasting protein I have ever had. Dymatize's Elite Whey Cinnamon Roll is a close second, so if you have had that you can expect this one to taste even better. This truly tasted like a cinnamon roll and was like a treat every time I had this. I never got tired of the flavor nor was it too sweet. I mixed it with water and milk, and it actually tastes better with water surprisingly, but fine either way.

Mixability: This powder was pretty fine so it mixed up very well. No issues here at all, one of the easiest mixing protein powders I have seen to date. I always use a shake with about 8-10oz of water, so keep that in mind.

Dosing: I typically dose my protein 1 scoop before my workout, since I workout first thing in the morning and do not want to do it on a completely empty stomach, and 1 scoop post workout. The label has directions broken down my male or female, and goals, so if you were unsure how to dose this that is an added benefit for ease of use. End of the day protein should be dosed as needed to SUPPLEMENT your diet, not be your only source of protein (thats what real food is for people). Okay, soap box complete on that.

So I judge my protein based off digestibility, and if it filled me up or not. I am not going to do some wazoo claim here and say I gained 10 pounds of muscle on 28 scoops of this stuff, because that is just ridiculous. This digested very easily for me, and I never noticed any bloating or any "rock in the bottom of my stomach" feeling. As far as keeping me full, I say it kept me full for around 30-60 minutes easily, I mean this is an isolate after all. That is usually my goal for my post workout since its about 60-120 minutes before I get a chance to eat breakfast, so it keeps me going in the mornings without being hungry. Recovery wise is hard to say as I always take a BCAA or other recovery supps, but I am sure it didn't hurt. Overall I felt this was an effective protein powder for what I needed it for.

Across the board you can grab this for $44.95 from Evogens website, I'll Pump you Up, or Bodybuilding.com. They also have a natural version of this that is a little cheaper if you are looking for something without the artificial sweeteners. That price gives you 28 scoops which nets you $1.61 per scoop which yeah is pretty expensive when compared to other isolates. I am not going to slam value too much here because you are getting cold filtered Whey, so high quality, combined with how effective and enjoyable it was raises its value in my opinion.

Side Effects

None at all.

Conclusion

I must say that this is probably the best digested and tasting protein powder I have had to date. I was very impressed with running this one. While I do not have any quantitative results to give you on weight gain, I can say that this did aid me in meeting my protein macro daily goals and got the job done pre and post workout. It is a little more expensive compared to its competition, but with how much I enjoyed it I would say its worth the price. I highly recommend this product, and this has inspired me to start looking into other Evogen products and learning more about the company, well done Evogen!

January 4, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Increased Recovery
    • Diminishes Most DOMS
    • Great Marketing
    • Expensive If Dosed More Than Once Per Day

38 years old and I lift 4 days a week. Prior to starting this run, I switched my workout program to the 5/3/1 God is a Beast program, which requires a lot more volume, so this is a great test for BCAA's. The Ghost brand has intrigued me and I really like that its built on a lifestyle vs just products. This was released just a few months ago, so I jumped on the opportunity to claim this for the Bounty Program, so thank you to Tommy and Clipper for having this awesome program in place. Now lets see how pinky and the gang did to scare off those DOMS.

----Ingredient P...

This is a simpler version of Ghost's Aminos products. It contains a 2:1:1 ratio of Instantized BCAA's giving us 6g Total (3g Leucine, 1.5g IsoLeucine, and 1.5g Valine). There is also 25mg of Astragin for absorption, which I aboslutley love to see in BCAA's since running Amino Tone. Leucine plays an important role in muscle protein synthesis, while isoleucine induces glucose uptake into cells. The Valine in the red headed step child here, as more research is needed to even know what this does for you. There is also 1g Carbs and 5 Calories if you are counting your macro's. As I said a simple profile, not much else to it.

Taste: I got the Kiwi Strawberry flavor and while I did find it delicious it was just a tad bit too sweet. Taking it after a workout or mid day was fine, but taking it intra-workout I found it to be too sweet. All in all I did like the flavor though and it did taste like a kiwi strawberry.

Mixability: No issues here, mixed up like a champ with some slight foaming on top after you shook it up. I shook it and gave it a minute and it was good to go. I always mixed this in with 8-10oz of Water in a shaker.

Dosing: So this all depends on you of course, the directions basically state to take as needed. I tried taking 1 scoop a day post workout, and it worked okay, but not enough. I found the sweet spot to be 2 doses on workout days (1 post workout, 1 late afternoon since I workout in the morning) and 1 scoop on non-training days. So if you are like me and require quite a bit of BCAAs then you will go through the 30 servings quicker.

I gauge all of my BCAAs with how they aided me in recovery and hydration (depending on the ingredients). I have found that 10g of BCAAs a day are my sweet spot for true DOMS recovery, and I was hoping with 6g a serving one scoop would be enough. Sadly it was not the case, and I did have to take 2 scoops on my training days as I stated above. That was my magic dosing on this product, and my recovery was pretty good at this point. Unfortunately that means the 30 servings will not last you 30 days as you hope. I am not sure if this is due to no EAAs being involved, but it seems to me that a product with only BCAAs requires a lot more dosing than one that is combined with EAAs. So recovery wise I would say this worked slightly above an average BCAA product when you dose it at 2 scoops on training days and 1 on rest days.

With the ingredient profile you would not think this provides any hydration support, but man I always had to hit the bathroom to pee within the hour after taking this. It did give me a nice hydrated feeling, so that was a nice surprise here. Bonus points on that one. I tried to take this intra workout, but it was too sweet for me, so its of my opinion this product is best suited for post workout recovery basing it off not just the flavor but the ingredient profile as well.

This is where the product takes the biggest hit. This runs for $29.99 for 30 servings normally, coming out to 1 dollar per serving. Now, if you are like me and take 2 a day for training days, then that is pretty expensive. I picked this up on sale for Black Friday for 20% I believe (can't remember off top of my head) so it was a little cheaper for me for this run. There are other similar products that I have taken recently (RCSS Amino Tone coming in at 87 cents a serving) that are cheaper and include a little more in the profile. I don't mind paying a little extra for quality ingredients, which this does have, but I am going to stick with the cheaper options out there.

Side Effects

You may have to hit the bathroom within the hour after taking this, since this seems to hydrate you very well.

Conclusion

Overall, I did enjoy my run of Ghost BCAA. I was hoping and expecting a bit more from this, but it did its job even if I had to dose it a little extra. It tasted pretty good, and if you are in the market for a basic BCAA supplement from a cool looking company and have a little extra money to burn then give this a shot.

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
      December 28, 2017

• Label Transparency
    • No Prop Blends
    • Tastes Great
    • Increased Recovery
    • Third Party Tested
    • Lab Results By Lot #

38 years old and I lift 4 days a week. I am always in the market and tend to keep Creatine in my stack at all times, as it is one of those supplements that is proven and effective. Once I saw NutraBio post up their opportunity for CGT Max I could not pass this up, and was very excited to try it as I have taken multiple Nutrabio products but never their Creatine. Special thanks to the SR Program and NutraBio for making this possible and allowing me to review this. Lets see if CGT Max took me to the max!

As with every other NutraBio produc...

As with every other NutraBio products fully transparent label. I believe this company was one of the first in the market to go 100% transparency with their labels, but don't quote me on that, its just how I have always known them. Lets break the key ingredients down:

Creatine Monohydrate (4.2g): This is the most common form of Creatine, and typically the default of most creatine products out there. It has decent intenstinal absorption and is typically the standard when comparing different forms of Creatine. The dose here is a nice start, someone at my size requires around 8g Creatine daily, so happy here.

Creatine Magnapower (800mg): Also known as Magnesium Creatine Chelate, this process bonds magnesium to creatine which means it is absorbed via a different pathway compared to creatine mono. The idea here is that using a different transporter to get the creatine to the muscle cells, less is lost in transport and broken down into waste products. Also, using magnesium creatine chelate can lead to greater absorption of creatine into muscle cells with less bloating and side effects associated with creatine mono. (http://www.predatornutrition.com/articlesdetail?cid=magnesium-creatine-chelate-vs-creatine-monohydrate)

Glutamine (4g): A conditionally essential amino acid which only appears to benefit the body as supplementation when otherwise deficient (vegans, vegetarians with low dairy intake) or during prolonged endurance exercise. Anecdotally reported to reduce sugar cravings. This is generally touted as a muscle builder, however, that has yet to be proven. 5g or above is recommended dose depending on your bodyweight, so the 4g we get here is a safe dose, depending on how you dose this product.

Taurine (2g): Taurine is an organic acid which acts as a lipid/membrane stablilizer in the body and can aid various anti-oxidant defense systems. Recommended dosing here is 500mg - 2g daily, and not to exceed 3g. We get a great dose here.

Taste: I got the Lemon-Lime flavor, which usually does not excite me, but I really enjoyed this one. It felt like a healthy gatorade every time I drank it, so that made me happy. I always chug my creatine in one gulp, so this went down nice and smooth and left a great taste in my mouth.

Mixability: I mixed this in a shaker cup with 6-8oz of water each time with no issues at all. It blended in real easy with a few shakes, so was real nice and quick to shake shake shake, gulp and move on. Easy day here.

Dosing: I took 2 scoops of this on my workout days, and one scoop on rest days. On the workout days I would take one scoop Post Workout and one scoop late afternoon. I tend to require around 8g Creatine for my weight (240 pounds), so on workout days I would get an amazing 10g, and 5g on my rest, which worked just fine for me. Nice part of the 5g scoop is you can dose as needed, though 2 scoops did cause me to take too much Taurine but I saw no sides or anything from violating the recommended daily amount. If you do have any concerns then just take one scoop a day.

I was taking a product with Laxogenin at the same time as this, and was trying to figure out which product was giving me this great muscle fullness I was experiencing. The last two weeks of this, my Laxogenin product was long gone and I realized that it was all CGT Max giving me that great look. That is the reason I take Creatine to begin with, sure the muscle recovery is nice but I also take BCAA to aid in that. I did find when taking this my body would feel more hydrated, which always feels good. To me this was almost like an electrolyte Creatine product rolled into one. I believe this did aid me in some recovery as well, but I cannot be certain on that since I did take a BCAA at the same time. End of the day this was a solid Creatine product with some added hydration and recovery benefits. I was very happy with running this product!

You can grab this for $19.99 for 40 servings from Amazon or $21.99 from Nutrabio themselves. That comes out to 50 cents a scoop, which is a pretty great deal in my opinion. The value here is quality ingredients, with a great combination to aid in recovery and muscle building. So yeah, great value here that should fit just about anyones budget. Also of note, NutraBio offers a military discount as well for active duty members.

Side Effects

Increased bathroom trips about an hour after taking, due to increased hydration, but thats a good thing!

Conclusion

NutraBio remains one of the top Supplement companies in my head. They truly set the standard on most of their supps and did not miss the mark on CGT Max. Simple is what is needed here and thats what you get, no crazy fillers and no nonsense. This is on my list of one of the best Creatine supps I have taken to date, so was very happy to try this out and do highly recommend this to anyone looking to build some real muscle, enjoy that muscle fullness look, and aid in recovery. Thanks again!

Overall
      Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!
        December 26, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Value When Bought In Bulk
      • Tastes Great
      • Quality Ingredients
      • Gas

38 years old, and I workout 4 days a week. Like most people, I never seem to eat enough fruits and veggies for my daily needs. While, I do not think Greens supplements should replace eating the real thing, they are great to have to supplement (key word) your daily intake of the greens. Nature Restore sent me one pouch to try out with AstraGin, I enjoyed it so much that I had to jump on the opportunity to run a full box. Thank you to the SR program and to Nature Restore for allowing me this opportunity to provide feedback and test this product. Lets see if Roots gave me enough spinach to turn me into Popeye!

One 12g packet nets you 40 calories, 11g Carbs, and contains a ton of the Greens ingredients in a prop blend. I typically don't care for prop blends, but in this case with so many ingredients, I think its fine, I just wish I knew the total amount of all the greens ingredients included. If I had that it would be easier to compare to other Greens products out there to see which is using better quality ingredients and such. The blend here is all about the Superfoods and Berries, which I think is a smart idea. This gives you the choice of either juicing your own smoothie (looking at you Wis3guy) or just taking a packet of this.

So pretty simple ingredient profile, and not much to go into here. I do like the fact its in packets so there is no guess work of how much you are getting per dose. I have included a picture of the label so you can see all the ingredients included.

Taste: So this is typically where a Greens type product dies on the table, but I think ROOTS did a nice job here. To me it tasted like a greens product with some berry tones in it, which to me was pretty good. This was nothing that excited me to take, but nothing I minded drinking either. The only other Greens product I had taken was Green Vibrance, and this by far blows it out of the water. I rate the flavor at 7.5, but since I cannot do that here it gets a 7 on the bottom, just know that I think its actually a 7.5.

Mixability: The powder looks a bit chalky and appears it will not mix well as it tends to float and sit on top of water, but let me tell you it mixes just fine. I always used a shaker with this with about 10oz of water, so no big deal. If you let it sit a bit it does tend to settle towards the bottom, but a couple good shakes fixes that problem.

Dosing: Obviously its one packet a day as needed. I ran this every day, since I never seem to get enough of fruits and veggies in me, but if you are better at eating the good stuff than me, then this should only be taken as needed. I do love that this is in packets, so you do not have to worry about how you scoop it or if the serving size is right, or anything like that. The guesswork here is gone! I personally took one packet mid afternoon daily.

So, this is tough to truly describe, but I did have that overall wellness or feeling more healthy feeling while taking this. If you don't know what I am talking about try eating about 4-6 servings of fruits and veggies one day, see how you feel, then eat none the next day and you will see the difference. Again, I do not advocate using this as your only source of fruits and veggies, but its a nice compliment to what you are already eating. I tend eat 2-3 servings a day easily, but on top of that, this made me feel a whole lot better. I did feel a very slight energy boost while taking this too about 15 minutes after finishing the shake. Nothing to write home about, but enough to notice.

One thing I will note was I was starting to get symptoms of a cold, as I had not been taking a Multi-Vitamin and traveling a bunch and the weather was getting cold. Once I drank this bad boy I did feel better over time. I stayed consistent with taking 1 packet a day, and felt the symptoms fade away before they got worse. Now am I saying this is a cure to a cold or flu, of course not, but it does protect the immunity system, that is the function of Fruit and Veggies after all. So that says to me that the ingredients used in here are of good quality, and truly are effective.

The only place I could find this for sale is from Nature Restore itself. If you buy one box you get 20 packets for $29.95 with free shipping which comes out to $1.50 a packet. There are deals if you buy 2 boxes for $59.90 you get 1 free ($1 dollar a packet), or seven boxes for $119.80 plus a steel stainless flask. The seven box deals comes out to an astounding 86 cents a packet which is a great deal. So depending on the bulk you buy is the deal you will get. Coupling this with flavor (which is huge on greens products) and effectiveness I believe this is a product with some pretty good value.

Side Effects

I did have some gas about an hour after taking a packet. No different than if you ate a ton of fruits and veggies in one sitting!

Conclusion

While many will argue that greens supplements are unnecessary because you can easily hit your daily fruit and veggie requirements, there are still people like me who tend to be on the go a lot and really do not care to eat that hippy fruit and veggie stuff they are great. So this comes down to being necessary to hit your daily requirements when needed. Roots gives you a nice option out there that tastes pretty good to hit those requirements, and you will feel better and get a little bit of energy from it as well. I would highly recommend this product to anyone out there looking for a Greens supplement. Nice job here Nature Restore!

December 22, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • No Side Effects
      • A Bit Expensive
      • Unsure If This Even Does Anything

38 years old and I lift 4 days a week. I was doing a large stack of REDCON1 products recently and this is my final review of that stack (9 of 9 products). I had never really heard of Laxogenin before, so was curious how HALO was going to play out for me. Of note, HALO stands for Highly Anabolic, LOw Estrogen, rather than High Altitude, Low Opening. Lets see if this helped my body to infil into some gains.

Well, this label is transparent as with all REDCON1 products but there is only one ingredient, 5-Alpha Hydroxy Laxogenin. Each pill nets you 100mg. I was not that familiar with this ingredient prior to taking HALO, so lets break down in detail the claims and what its all about in this section so we can compare as this review progresses.

Laxogenin is a plant steroid that shares similarities with Anavar (oxandrolone), but is natural and seems to be free of liver-toxic side effects. To clear this up right off the bat, NO this is not a prohormone or a steroid. The fact that it shares similar properties with an illegal steroid tends to give you skewed Google search results and Laxogenin a bad rap. There are limited to no real human studies on the true effectiveness here though. The most common benefits are an increase in strength and protein synthesis, but again reviews and studies are limited.

Overall, the dosage of 100mg Laxogenin per pill are nice, since that is the "sweet" spot in dosage. So nice inclusion here. A good breakdown can be found on Price Plow here: https://blog.priceplow.com/laxogenin

Taste/Mixability: Pill form so nothing to note here. The pills did not have a weird taste to them and were easy to swallow.

Dosing: The directions call to take 1 pill twice daily with meals. I took one for breakfast and one for dinner. However, the studies state that 100mg a day are sufficient, so you could always do 1 pill a day as you see fit.

So I finished HALO about 12 days ago, and really had a hard time writing this review. I wanted to give it enough time to see if there were any effects post HALO, and if I had any noticeable gains in strength and size due to HALO itself. Strength wise, I did hit a PR in my main lifts (deadlifts, OHP, Squat, Bench) while taking this, but I can chalk that up mostly due to the strength training program I was on rather than HALO. Since coming off of HALO I have had no drop off in strength whatsoever, so that can mean one of two things. One, I did gain strength thanks to the Laxogenin and maintained it, or two, this product did nothing for me in the strength dpeartment. Hard to say honestly.

Size wise, i did gain a couple of lean muscle pounds, and my muscles did get fuller. Again, since coming off of this, I have had no decrease in size, so I am thinking this was more due to my training than HALO. Unless of course my protein synthesis was in overdrive and I put on mass and then my body maintained it? Hard to say here too.

So, as you can see I really am unclear if HALO did anything for me at all. The studies for Laxogenin do state there are some absorption issues, and taking this transdermally is optimal instead of orally. I do not want to say that this product did nothing for me, since how could I really tell if my protein synthesis increased, and I did gain size and strength while taking this. But, since nothing has changed this product is either pure magic or does nothing. The only thing I noticed on this was muscle tightness, similar, but not as intense to what I would feel if I was on Armimistaine. Some people use Laxogenin as PCT due to it causing no joint soreness, so maybe this product is best suited post PH or steroid cycle instead of a stand alone. I am leaning towards this being a good support product for an anabolic run! Of note, I ran two bottles at the max dose of 200mg per day, totaling 8 weeks. The studies state this is a more long term boost, with 4-8 weeks being the sweet spot, but I really didn't notice much of a difference.

This runs for $64.99 per bottle (60 pills) which would last you a month if you followed the directions as I did which is pretty expensive. I picked up my bottles from DPS Nutrition for $58.49 a bottle which comes out to $1.95 a day for 2 pills a day. The value here increases depending on how you dose this of course. You can find this on Amazon right now for $41.90 which is not so bad, so there are deals to be had. However, being unclear if this product did anything for me or not hurts its value to me.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This was a tough review to write, since I have no clue if this did anything for me or not. I am thinking HALO is best suited as a PCT for a PH or Steroid run, of course I am not advocating the use of illegal steroids here. As a stand alone I would not run this again. I hate to not recommend this since I did see an increase in size and strength, but I simply cannot since I cannot say that HALO is the reason behind this. You are better off just running an AI or a PH to see gainz in a short period of time.