DaSlaya

Forum Posts

Total Reviews

MVRs

*Rookie League

Comments

*Rookie League

Reputation

TROOPer Level

Votes Cast

Try Requests

Completed Missions

*Rookie League

*Rookie League = only among other members in their first year on SR. DaSlaya will be eligible for rookie league trophies for another 240 days.

Reviews by DaSlaya

Thanks to TBN Labs for sending it out!
  August 19, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Shreds Belly Fat
  • Effective Weight Loss
  • Mood Enhancer
  • Appetite Suppression
  • Tighter Abs
  • Too Many Side Effects
  • A Bit Expensive
  • Contains Banned Substance
  • Contains False Positive For Opioid Substance

37 years old and I lift 5 days a week. This is going to be a long review, because this product had a lot of good and bad things going for it. I just came off a 30 day run of a Stim Free Weight Loss supplement, and never tried a Thermogenic, so thought I would give Shredder (because of the cool name) a shot to see what its all about. I have not heard or tried TBN Labs before either, so it peaked my curiosity. One thing I would like to say up front is this product is the strongest and most potent supplement I have ever taken, its intense, as you will see in effectiveness and side effects. I highly suggest following the directions carefully on this. On with the review!!!

The dreaded prop blends!! We have 4 prop blends here with a 5th absorption ingredient all totaling up to 750mg, so we have no idea what the dosage is in any of these ingredients. There are a lot, so being the first review, let me break them down.

Shredder's Shred Blend - 750mg

FAT INTO MUSCLE CONVERSION
-Octopamine: Metabolite of Synephrine; Thought to have minor fat burning effects, but not enough testing to prove; 2014 banned WADA list; from googling around it appears 220mg of Octopamine are in this prop blend. Obviously if you are a competitor you want to stay away from this product, as this is a banned substance per WADA.

-N-Methyl Tyramine (NMT): Methylated version of L-Tyramine; may increase energy when used in conjunction with caffeine or PEA; weak by itself.

-Green Tea: We all know what green tea is, healthy antioxidant.

-N-Acetyl L Carnitine: Helps the body to produce energy, and aids in improving blood flow to the brain.

-Raspberry Ketone: The jury is out on this ingredient. There is a lot of debate on what these do if anything at all. Studies show that i can replicate the effects of Ephedrine of Synephrine in the human body, but that has only been seen in vitro (in a test tube), no studies exist for orally taking this. Also recommended dosing here starts at 870mg and ranges all the way to up to 5g, depending on your weight. Its possible this ingredient does nothing at all, if it did its likely under dosed, but we cannot say for sure.

-White Willow Bark Extract: This can act like an aspirin and aid in headaches and such as well as treating lower back pain. Early research suggests that taking willow bark in combination with ephedra and kola nut might cause slight weight loss in overweight and obese people. However, ephedra is banned in the United States, so not a great combination. Perhaps this is here to work with the Octopamine, otherwise seems like a filler.

-Yohimbie: Pretty bad ingredient at higher doses around 100mg. Increases depression and PTSD if you suffer from it; This suppresses appetite and ignites thermogenesis; I wish i knew the exact dosing in here. Seems important!

-Chromium: Known as an essential trace element (meaning humans only require small amounts of this) is said to help in blood sugar levels and to treat depression. It may be effective for athletic performance improvement, but not enough evidence exists, like everything else. 35mcg is the daily dose on this, however, adults can tolerate up to 100mcg a day with no issues for up to 6 months.

-20 Hydroxyecdysterone: Form of a test booster; a Ecdysteroid which is a class of hormone that are the androgens of insects; insufficient evidence to suggest it aids in muscle building and athletic performance; 200mg daily is deemed safe (examine.com); lack of trials, in vitro studies on human muscle fibers show enhanced growth rates; interesting page on examine.com

THERMOGENIC
-Phenylethylamine: Nootropic, trace amine and influencer of many of the "happy hormones" such as Dopamine and Serotonin. Works in concert with NMT.

-Theobromine: Alkaloid substance found in chocolate. It is chemically related to caffeine and other stimulants, and this gives you a mild version of an energy boost.

-Cayanne (40,000 HU): Pepper there to heat you up! I wonder about this, my OCD, because it is spelled CAYANNE on the label, but I think they meant CAYENNE as i see the spelling is corrected on a sample pack label of Shredder. Wondering what version I got of this formula...

APPETITE SUPPRESSENT & ENERGY BOOST
-Hordenine HCL: Currently under researched and can be used as a stimulant and fat burner due to its association with tyramine and noradrenaline. Not enough studies exist as usual. Heads up though, this can give you a false positive for opiate drugs in urine testing. So if you are in the military like me or are subject to random drug testing, save that bottle just in case!!

-Caffeine Anhydrous: We know what Caffeine is, the Anhydrous just means "without water" so a powder form. Typically this absorbs faster for people.

-Glucomannan: Possibly effective for constipation, diabetes, and high cholesterol, but insufficient evidence for its use in weight loss.

-White Kidney Bean: dietary carbohydrate blocker sometimes used alongside carb containing meals to reduce the absorption of carbs. It does appear to work, but its potency is quite unreliable and relatively subpar (Examine.com). This is probably thrown in to be a nutrient partitioner of sorts for the product.

-Guarana Extract: Similar to caffeine with stimulants containing almost twice as much caffeine found in coffee beans. Energy, Energy, Energy.

FAT BLOCKER
-Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA): Personally, I am a fan of CLA, and it may help to reduce body fat deposits and improve immune function. This is under dosed here as most CLA are taken at 800mg 3 times a day. Either way a nice addition here.

-Black Currant Oil: Not enough studies to truly know its effectiveness, but it contains Gamma Linoleic acid (GLA), so I am assuming this works in concert with CLA to improve the immune system and reduce body fat deposits.

ABSORPTION
-Bioperine: Just here to absorb, pretty standard!

Okay, so that was a lot of ingredients, end of the day there is 1 x banned substance as per WADA (Octopamine) and 1 x ingredient that will give you a false positive on opiate urinalysis tests (Hordenine). There is a lot going on here, and we will cover the effects down below on each of these, but this vast variety of ingredients is what caused good things and bad things for me.

Label Confusion

So I started this section as I see there are two different versions of Shredder out there. The version I received to review was the 750mg version with all ingredients listed above. This is also the label that is found on the TBN Labs website.

I received a sample pack of Shredder when I requested TBN Labs T Boost, and noticed that the overall ingredients were 630mg with some ingredients missing. The 630mg label is also found on SR website. Here is a breakdown of the ingredients in this version (its different)

FAT INTO MUSCLE CONVERSION
Removed the following ingredients: Octopamine, Green Tea, N Acetyl L Carnitine, Raspberry Ketone, White Willow Bark Extract, Yohimbie, Chromium and 20 Hydroxyecdysterone.
Kept NMT
Added Methyl Synephrine, Sulbutiamine, and Salicyclic Acid

THEROMGENIC
Removed Theobromine, kept the rest, no new additions

APPETITE SUPPRESSANT & ENERGY BOOST
Removed Glucomannan, White Kindey Bean and Guarana Extract
Kept Hordenine HCL and Caffiene Anhydrous
Moved 20 Hydroxyecdysterone from the Fat into Muscle Conversion blend

FAT BLOCKER and ABSORPTION stayed the same. So I am just curious, because this appears to me this could dramatically change the product. Of course, I cannot know for sure unless I test both versions, but hopefully TBN Labs can let us know which version is New and which is Old, or whats going on here.

No Taste here as they are pills. They swallowed very easily with water, no issues there and were of average size. For Dosing the instructions state "Take one capsule in empty stomach one hour before breakfast (consume some food if having trouble taking in empty stomach). Always consume 1-2 glasses of water after every serving of SHREDDER. If needed 2nd and 3rd capsules can be taken one hour prior to each meal there after. KEEP 4.5 HOURS GAP BETWEEN SERVINGS. Avoid consuming alcohol while taking SHREDDER. DO NOT EXCEED 3 CAPSULES PER DAY"

Interestingly enough, the 630mg version directions state "Take 1 capsule with breakfast. Always consume 1-2 glasses of water after every sewing (yup not serving, sewing) of SHREDDER. DO NOT EXCEED 3 CAPSULES PER DAY. Non-Training days: For best results, consume 1 capsule of SHREDDER with breakfast. Take one with lunch if needed. KEEP 4-5 HOURS GAP BETWEEN SERVINGS."

So, at first I dosed 1 pill for the first 2 days then moved to 2 pills per day until the end. I would time it so I would eat within the hour of taking Shredder, or just take it with a meal. My suggestion is to always start to take Shredder with meals, take 1 pill per day for the first week, let your body build up a tolerance to it, then move to 2 pills per day (1 at breakfast, 1 at lunch). I found if I did not eat 1 hour after taking this, I would start to feel very sick. So this is important in such a potent product. We will cover effectiveness and side effects below.

Okay, if you though the review was long at this point, its going to get longer from here. I kept a weekly log of this while taking it to get the true effects, so I will cover that first, then we will talk about the product claims on the label. This was my first experience on a Thermogenic Fat Burner so was not sure what to expect, but like I did with Size Slim review, I took my weight and measured my belly every Thursday morning upon waking up. Here we go:

Day 1 (19 July): Starting weight was 242.6, with belly measurement of 42.75". I decided to take a pill on an empty stomach since I can handle some pretty potent supps (so i thought), but that was a mistake. Within the hour, I was walking my dog and started to dry heave for about 10 minutes. it freaked me out and once I got back inside, I ate some food and was fine. Lesson Learned, follow the instructions carefully.

27 July Weigh In: 238 pounds, and 42" belly. Started to really feel all the side effects here, was a pretty miserable first week. I will cover all the sides below in detail, but I would pretty much feel pretty jacked up during the day. I was motivated I saw some improvement already in the first week, so continued on.

3 Aug: 238.8 pounds, 42" belly. No real changes this week, but from this point on the side effects started to mellow out. I was taking Shredder with breakfast and lunch at this point, think that helped to counter a lot of the side effects.

10 Aug: 234 pounds, 41" belly. Minimal side effects, but I did notice that I would just feel ill by mid afternoon every time I took this.

17 Aug: Final Weigh In time, ended at 235 pounds, and 40.5" belly. So at the end of the day the product was highly effective because I dropped 7.6 pounds (prob water weight) and 2.25" off the belly. I noticed my love handle are and belly were looking tighter which was great. Somehow this product truly does target the abdominal region, you can see it. My diet was not the greatest for a couple of the weeks on this, I had a week where I was traveling all week so I ate like crap, and another where I attended a few parties so I drank more than normal. But still saw improvements. Its hard to say that this is the greatest product ever because I felt like I was going through hell most days with the side effects. As i am writing this, this is the first day I have not taken Shredder and I feel immediately better. So, in my opinion its worth the price you pay, because not everyone will experience the crazy sides like I did.

Now lets talk about claims:

Burn Fat & Calories: Yup, sure did lost weight and belly fat.

Suppress Appetite: After the first week on this the appetite suppression kicked in for a solid 10 days. I had to force myself to eat since I did not want to drop a ton of weight, just fat. Around the 3 week mark this was not as bad, and I ate normally with no issues. So this came and went, but it did exist.

Enhance Mood: For the first 2 weeks taking this I did get a nice "well being" feeling, as I would on a test boost. I would attest this to the Phenylethylamine. After 2 weeks that feeling did go away, so likely my body adapted but it did exist.

Increase Body Heat: This did happen, I definitely warmed up. Not to the point where I was sweating at work just sitting there, but I was warm all the time.

Define Muscle: Not sure about this one, I did tighten up in the abdominal region, maybe if I was truly cutting then this would be more prevalent in the abs. Other muscle regions, not so much.

Boost Energy: This definitely gave me an energy boost, along with it came some crashes. If I took this too close to another source of caffeine I would be way too wired, so this became my morning and afternoon energy boost.

Carb Control: Not sure, but I can assume yes with the presence of White Kidney Bean. Possibly this can be attributed to weight and fat loss.

Block Abdominal Fat Cells: This did work for me. I do not understand how this product specifically targeted the ab region, but you can see I did lose 2.25" of belly fat in a 30 day period, which is pretty awesome! So yes.

So bottom line is this product has no wild claims that are unfounded. It is a highly effective product that worked very well for me, but due to the massive side effects I experienced I would not run this for more than 1 bottle (30 - 35 days). It just becomes too much. But yes it does work!

The only place I could find this for sale is the TBN Labs website itself. One bottle (60 capsules) will run you $44.75. Since I ran 2 pills a day it lasted me 30 days, so it would cost about $1.49 per day. If you ran 1 pill per day it would cost you 75 cents a day. So this really comes out to how you run it. If I had to do it all again, I would run 1 pill a day for 60 days to see the effects, then I think the value is good. Its not horrible with 2 pills per day in my view, because it was very effective. Yes this is a bit more than the average price point for thermogenics, but you get what you pay for.

Side Effects

Now this is the important part when it comes to this product, and your experience will vary I am sure, but there are quite a few to note here.

- The most prevalent side effect was I would start to feel very warm (the thermogenic properties) for a few minutes, then my body would transition to be cold and I would be almost freezing right after (an effect from Yohimbie). This in total would last about 5 minutes, and would happen after every dose. I would feel all jacked up at work. If I took a serving with food this would be less, but still exist. Typically this happened 30 minutes after each serving. This was the most common side effect I felt consistently.

- Sick feeling, or ill. Usually after second dose in mid day I would feel sick, like I was coming down with the flu. This occurred almost every day. This did go away for the third week, but came back during my last 5 days on this. This was the most miserable side effect, and I can tell you I feel 1000 times better today after not dosing this at all.

- Dry Heaves. I would get this if I did not eat food within 1 hour after each serving. Literally 60 minutes on the dot, no food, no good!

- I did have an Energy crash in the afternoon during my first week on this, but I think that was due to caffeine overload. After a week this went away. If you do take another source of caffeine (coffee or whatever) too close to a serving, you will feel very wired up and will have shaky hands. Just an FYI.

This is not here to be all doom and gloom and scare you away, but this highly effective product came with a price to me. As I keep saying, I feel I put my body through hell. I am glad I saw results, because I would have quit this by week 2 if not. Like any other supplement you will react differently, not real sure if the 630mg version is calmer since it does not have Yohimbie in it, but who knows.

Conclusion

All in all, I was very happy with this product and I do recommend it. I would caveat that recommendation with understanding to take each serving with food and to follow the directions closely to lessen the side effects. I had some great results, the side effects can be miserable. I am going to take a long break after this from Thermogenics, but this is still worth a shot. I actually had a hard time on how to rate this, due to great effectiveness and massive side effects and some sketchy ingredients. Hopefully I gave it a fair mark, at least in my eyes I did. As people have said on SR before, sometimes you have to pay to play, and its not always financial!

Thanks to Micronamin for sending it out!
  August 19, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good For Hydration

37 years old and I lift 5 days a week. I spent the last 18 years in the Army so far, and am unable to run at this point due to previous injuries, but I have learned the importance of hydration in all my trips overseas and in day to day life. I typically will drink a Gatorade after each workout to replenish those electrolytes, but I always hated the sugar content and other junk in the Gatorade. I saw Reload being offered by a company founded by veterans, so I figure this could be a viable replacement for Gatorade, and I definitely have to see what this company is all about. Lets see just how Reloaded I felt.

0 Fat, 0 Sugar, and 0 carbs, so we are already off to a better start versus Gatorade. Fully transparent ingredient profile, which we all appreciate, no matter what type of supplement its in. I am going to talk about the important ingredients here that truly make this a hydrator. Mind you this is all based off each pack.

Mezotrace (Trace Mineral Blend) 100mg: Trace Minerals are a blend of essential minerals to support nutrient metabolism and cellular function throughout the body. The Meoztrace itself is a 100 percent natural and unique mineral rich carbonate compound with abundant calcium, magnesium, and trace elements. It contains 11 of the known 17 essential minerals for optimal health, and 80 minerals altogether.

Electrolytes:
    Sodium 75mg - Helps keep the water (the amount of fluid inside and outside the body's cells) and electrolyte balance of the body. 2300mg is the RDA for sodium, so this nice addition keeps your diet supplemented and does not go overkill.

Potassium 130mg - Plays a role in many body functions including transmission of nerve signals, muscle contractions, fluid balance, and various chemical reactions. 149 - 298mg is the RDA here, so this is a nice diet addition as well.

Calcium 326mg - Strengthens your bones and teeth, we all have heard the importance of Calcium since we were kids. Too much Calcium is a bad thing and 1 - 1.3g a day may be linked to an increase risk of a heart attack in adults. Recommendation are to stay around the 1g mark per day.

Magnesium 150mg - This also aids in bone structure. RDA here is 400mg (men 19-30 years), 310mg (women 19-30 years), 420mg (men 31+), and 320mg (women 31+). A nice addition to your daily multivitamin here.

Chloride 667mg - Very important for your blood. Maintains proper blood volume, blood pressure, and pH of your body fluids.

Hydrogen Phosphate (phosphorus) 250mg - This helps to build and repair bones and teeth, help nerves function, and make muscles contract.

There is also Vitamin C (500mg), Sulphate (10mg), Vanadium (3mg), and Zinc (10mg) included. All in all a decent ingredient profile in my opinion, so you are basically getting all the benefits here without any of the junk such as carbs, sugar, or fat.

**One complaint I do have, its not that big of a deal, its just confusing to me. The Micronamin Website for Reload states each pack is 6.5g, while the box itself states each pack is 3.2g, while the packs themselves state 2.8g. Not real sure if there are various sizes or what, but this is something Micronamin should look into and fix if it is indeed an error.**

Taste: I received a box of Lemon Lime. I thought it tasted pretty close to Gatorade, not quite and sweet, but thought it was pretty good. I also am testing out 12 Gauge via the Trooper program and got free samples of the Orange and Pink Lemonade Reload flavors. The Orange I found bland, easy to drink, but boring, while the Pink Lemonade was delicious. So it really comes down to flavor preference, as in my eyes they are all drinkable and enjoyable (even the boring Orange). They also offer a Grape flavor, but I have not tried that yet.

Mixability/Dosing: Pretty easy, just pour one packet into 16.9oz of water or in a water bottle, shake it up and you are good to go. I did find some residue on the bottom when I mixed this in water bottles, but no big deal. When I mixed this in shakers, I would not get any residue, so it likely comes down to the size of water bottle, amount of water, etc.. I would take one packet post workout (usually about an hour later) to replenish my electrolytes and to rehydrate. On hard workout or hot days out, I would take a second packet in the afternoon, since I work out first thing in the morning. I even took a packet on off days, because this truly gave me a hydrated overall better feeling.

I did enjoy having this in packets as I travel a lot for work still. It made it easy to pour a packet in a water bottle and shake it up and drink it on the go, and not look weird being on the streets of Portland drinking a shaker cup. Convenient for travel and ease of use.

Bottom line here is I found this product to be very effective for me. There are no crazy claims to this product it does exactly what it states it will, it will replenish or Reload your body. The best product I have ever taken for hydrating is Intra Blast by NutraBio and I do believe Reload comes in a close second if not a tie for the most hydrated I have felt after taking it. It would make me pee a lot but that is a good sign in my book as it shows I am hydrated. I even verified hydration by urine color (ya know, clear good, dark yellow bad). So I was very happy with how this product digested and replenished me, it truly did give me that overall wellness feeling of hydration when I took it. After Gatorade it would be too sweet and I would have a slight stomach ache, but not here, just felt like drinking delicious water that works to hydrate.

At my size of 6'2, 235 pounds, I need a good amount of water daily, especially because I keep Creatine in my stack almost always and was on a thermogenic fat burner during this run that did me no favors in hydration. This did supplement some water intake for me and was a good change up than just drinking tap water out of my Yeti all day at work. That gets pretty boring! So good work here Micronamin!

It looks like you can grab this product from Micronamin website itself for $29.99 (currently on sale), from Amazon for $32.16 +free shipping, or get a Groupon for $19.99 all for a 50 pack. Taking the average of these 3 prices, each packet comes out to around 55 cents each, which is good in my book. As Smashley pointed out you can get Bulk Powder Electrolytes for cheaper and flavor it yourself, but I am going to compare this to what's normally in my diet which was Gatorade. Depending on where you buy it Gatorade bottles and powder will be around the 1 dollar per serving price point. So we get a more transportable and cheaper option here, which is a good value in my book as I found this product to be highly effective for me.

Side Effects

You will probably be pee'ing more due to being hydrated!

Conclusion

This is the first product I have tried from Micronamin and I was pretty impressed. Honestly, when it comes to electrolyte packets you never know what you are getting, the market is saturated with cheap junk, that is just flavored water and no nutrients, so I was pretty happy to find this product to be effective. If I could offer up one suggestion, from one vet to another, please offer a variety pack of 50. People like me love variety, and I would love to have all the flavors in one box. This is something I will likely continue to keep in my stack moving forward, so bye bye Gatorade. Finally, I would like to thank Micronamin for their participation here on SR, and SR and the TROOPers program for the opportunity to enjoy this amazing product. Highly recommend!

Overall
    Overall
    3.5
    2.0
      August 16, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
      • Increased Resting Heart Rate
      • No Joint Pain Aid
      • No Memory Aid

If you have read my other Fish Oil reviews you will remember that I am 37 years old, lift 5 days a week, and have been in the Army for 18 years, and suffered 6 TBI's in the course of time. I say this so you see just how serious I take Fish Oil when it comes to supplements. Some doc's in the Army call Fish Oil the miracle pill because of all of its benefits, so I like to try different brands to see which ones are truly the best. I saw Omega 3 by BioScience Nutrition being sold on Amazon for a cheap deal, so thought I would give it a shot since it is a brand I have never heard of, hoping this was a diamond in the rough.

Pretty standard profile here with 1200mg EPA, 900mg DHA, and 150mg Other Omega 3 fatty acids giving you a total of 2,250mg of Omega 3's. EPA helps lessen inflammation in the body, while DHA is essential for brain health and function. Though this is a common thing, I do not like when companies only list the rest of the Omega-3's as Other and do not explain what fatty acids they truly are. In a world of transparent labels I feel companies should get better at this. Not a dealbreaker as this is fairly common for Fish Oil, just my personal preference. Bottom line here is the dosages of Omega 3's in this product are good.

One thing that really bothers me here though is the fact that on the product page in Amazon it states it is third party tested and those tests can be found on their website. I have scoured the BioScience web site and have not found any third party testing. Their website really reminds me of a cheap company, but that could just be my perception.

As you would expect these are pills, so no real taste to them. Dosing is just 3 pills per day, which I usually took with breakfast. Easy to swallow, nothing else to really state here.

This is where the product went wrong for me, and what got me paranoid about their website look and the fact I could not find a Third Party Test. I use a Fitbit Blaze and it keeps track of my resting heart rate. When I switched from Intelligent Labs Omega 3 to this, I noticed within two weeeks that my resting heart rate increased from 64 (I know, not great) to 74. It stayed around the 74 level the whole time I took this Fish Oil. I do have high blood pressure, so I know what it feels like when it gets to the "highish" levels, and at no point during this run did I feel this helped to lower my blood pressure. If anything it either did nothing or made it worse.

The other issue is the memory. If I don't take Fish Oil then my memory sucks and I forget simple words. For example if I want to say I put the dishes in the Dishwasher, sometimes I would say I put the dishes in the washing machine. Simple little things, but this is what happens when you get hit in the head too many times. However, my memory is a lot better when I take a quality fish oil, so another good reason I take this supplement so serious. At no point on my run of BioScience did I feel any memory improvement and like my blood pressure it felt worse.

Cannot say much about joint pain here, since I am also taking a Joint Pain supplement, but given how it did not aid me in blood pressure or memory, this did nothing for me in general.

I picked this up on Amazon for $21.95 for a 40 day supply. The only places this is offered is through their website or Amazon and its the same price. The price was good coming out to 55 cents a day, hence why I wanted to give it a shot. However, I couple value with effectiveness and essentially I felt I paid 22 dollars for nothing. Yes it is cheap, but you get what you pay for here!!

Side Effects

If you do not take this with food you will have the fishy burps, pretty standard for any Fish Oil I have ever taken. Nothing else that stands out.

Conclusion

This was a great deal on Amazon so I thought I would give it a shot even though I have never heard of this company, nor could I find it here on SR. In the end this product did absolutely nothing for me, and likely hurt me in the end. I would not suggest this for anyone, and I am very skeptical of this company in general at this point, and perhaps an investigation into their credibility needs to be in order, because they have a whole lot of products in their line. I could not find any third party testing, so really we do not know what we are getting here.

Overall
      Thanks to Herbal Nitro for sending it out!
        August 9, 2017

• Minor Focus Increase
      • Great Value
      • Minor GI Issues

37 years old and I lift 5 days a week. I have not tried an energy pill since the days of taking the Yellow Jackets caffeine pills. I manage a course at work so the course was starting up and I knew i would need a pick me up without all the sugar and extra calories as the hours get long and the times vary, so I jumped on the opportunity to try out Extreme Energy.

This contains one big prop blend of 6 ingredients coming in at 515mg combined. I personally am not a fan of the prop blends, especially when it comes to energy type products, as I like to know how much caffeine and other booster ingredients I am putting in my body. So lets break down each ingredient.

Eleuthero Root (Siberien Ginseng) - This is an adaptogen in the Ginseng family and has been part of Chinese Medicine for thousands of years. According to Examine.com this gives minor boosting effects in fat oxidation, fatigue resistance, and immunity. The current standard dose is 300 - 1200mg, but 2-4g range is recommended. Its a shame we do not know how much is in here.

Caffeine - According to the other review here, @bzyczek reached out to the company and found this has 100mg of Caffeine. This is good to know, so we can surmise there is 415mg left over to divvy out in the 5 other ingredients.

Yohimbe Bark Extract - Contains a chemical inside it called Yohimbine, and typically used in Erectile Disfunction meds. It can also lower anxiety and blood pressure, but there is insufficient evidence at this time for that proof. That is obviously the reasoning for the inclusion, prob not the ED benefits. This is one of the ingredients that WE NEED to see the dosage in. 15-30mg is recommended dose for ED, however dosing of 100mg of Yohimbine daily have been used and can result in some pretty negative side effects such as death (obviously a significant problem). I can guess the dose is not that high, as I took this daily and did not die. According to WebMD Yohimbe is possibly unsafe taken by mouth, and can also lead to a heart attack, kidney failures, or a seizure. Really in my opinion, this ingredient can be removed entirely.

American Ginseng Root - This is possibly effective for lowering blood sugar with patients with type 2 diabetes, and respiratory tract infections. There is insufficient evidence to show that this aids in mental performance at this time. Its pretty common to see Ginseng in energy related products, so not a big deal here, but not sure its doing much, but like most ingredients in supplements there just are not enough studies to know for sure. So it may work for some!

Panax Ginseng Root - Commonly referred to as the "True Ginseng" and is effective for mood, immunity and cognition increases. Around 400mg dosage appears to offer the most cognitive benefit, so if that is the case this ingredient is likely under dosed here.

Kola Nut - If you are allergic to tree nuts stay away from this product, since there are Kola Nuts included. The warning is also found on the label. Kola Nuts promote good digestion and help counteract the possible ill effects of tainted water. These nuts also contain 1.5-2% of caffeine, plus theobromine, which will provide you with some more energy.

All in all, I understand why companies do Prop Blends, but some ingredients such as Yohimbe Bark Extract make me unhappy, and should either be removed or labeled with the dosage. We now do know how much caffeine is in here, but I am always a fan of having it listed out, at least at my age, as my body is not as forgiving as it used to be.

Taste/Mixability - No taste as they are pills and did not have a weird taste or anything on the tongue. They went down fine with some water. They are Gelatin Capsules, so real easy to swallow.

Dosing - This is going to be based on what you need. The directions call to take one pill mid morning and one mid afternoon for optimal results. Probably fine if you do not have much other Caffeine intake throughout the day. I tried it for a couple days taking two a day, and it was just too much for me. I typically took this around 2 or 3 in the afternoon for my afternoon pick me up and it worked fine.

Now for the good stuff! Overall one dose (one pill) would give me about 3 hours of energy, which was not bad in my opinion. It was not too overbearing where if I took it at 3pm, I would be up all night. I tend to be asleep by 9pm and up at 430am, so this did not mess with my sleep schedule at all which was fine by me. Obviously your experience may vary depending on how sensitive you are to caffeine and other energy boosting ingredients. The energy it did give me was very low key, and built up slowly, and I did feel a slight boost in focus. I was honestly expecting this to be like caffeine pills in the past where it would give me the jitters and make me feel all jacked up for a few minutes, but that was not the case at all. I liked the low key energy boost and overall I just felt more awake and made finishing my days at work a lot easier.

The website of the product claims to be "A Natural Energy Booster That Really Works!", "Energy to keep up with your busy life", "For long lasting stamina boost, harness the power of herbs in Extreme Energy" i can say that these claims are very accurate and it does give you the energy you need to get through your daily chores in life. It does feel fairly natural and clean. In the end, I found this to be just as effective as drinking a regular cup of coffee for me. Gave me the same kind of boost, so in the end it became a choice a Cup O Joe or a Pill. Nice thing with this is there are no extra calories or sugar being put in your body, and you are netting the same energy results.

Really the value here is all about how you dose this product. For me I mainly took one dose a day, so it gave me almost a full month. For 30 pills it will run you $16 from the company website, I cannot seem to find the product anywhere else at this time. So your talking 53 cents a day which is a pretty good deal, since coffee is much more expensive than that. If you were to take the recommended 2 doses a day, then this would only last you 15 days and you would be paying around $1.06 a day. That can feel expensive only because it lasts you two weeks. In reality a product like this should only be taken when needed, and one bottle would last me a lot longer if I did not take this daily just for the review! So value, overall pretty great for me.

Side Effects

I did end up having some minor GI issues with this. Almost to the mark, 1 hour after taking this I would have to take a bathroom break. That is likely the amount of time it took to ingest the ingredients into my body, and Once i take any source of caffeine this is my issue (whether its in a PWO, coffee, or energy pill). So not really the products fault, more my genes, but juts keep this in mind if you are like me when it comes to caffeine. Not a big deal, but if you are taking this on a long drive to stay awake or something, then you will want to plan for a rest stop.

Conclusion

I would like to thank Herbal Nitro and the TROOPer program for giving me the opportunity to test this product out. As my title says, this is as effective as a cup of coffee for me without the calories and extra sugar. I did find a slight boost in focus as well as energy. Energy pills are not something I have added to my supplement stack normally, but I think having a bottle of this in the cabinet for those long days is not a bad thing either. I will likely pick up a bottle of this at some point and keep it for those days I have to work late nights. Not a bad product, and if you are looking for a simple pill to give you some nice clean jitter free energy, I definitely recommend Extreme Energy.

Thanks to AthElite Nutrition for sending it out!
        August 4, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Natural Source Of Caffeine
      • Good Pump
      • Half Clinical Dosage Of Beta Alanine
      • Terrible Taste
      • Energy Wears Off Quickly
      • Inconsistent Results

37 years old, I lift 5 days a week. I workout at 6am so I look for a good PWO to get me motivated and to get my butt in gear to get to the gym that early. I find myself drinking a PWO around 0530am so I also look for a PWO with a taste that will not completely destroy me first thing in the morning. I saw Train being offered on the TROOPer program, and read that it was from a new company, AthElite, and thought I would give it a shot. I was just coming off a couple weeks of a non-stim PWO, so it was good timing. Thank you to AthElite for providing the product for us to test out, as well as SR for putting this all together via the TROOPer program.

First, a shout out to AthElite for a fully transparent ingredient profile. Hopefully this is the standard the company has set for all its future releases, and this what we have come to expect as consumers of supplements in this day and age. I always appreciate a company that is not afraid to share exactly whats in the product, and at my age its becoming more and more important to know what I am putting in my body, as I am no longer a young spry chicken. Each serving (1 scoop) provides you with 30 calories, 7g Carbs, and 2g Sugar. The product also has Vitamin C, B6, B12, B3 (Niacin), Calcium, Magnesium, Sodium, and Potassium. I am going to touch on the components that makes this a PWO.

Leucine (fermented) (3g) - This is one of the 3 BCAAs and aids in Muscle Building. It is the most studied of the BCAAs and also has a bitter, sour taste to it. The fermentation portion of it aids in mixing. Recommended daily dose is 2-5g, so 3g is a decent amount here, and this is probably whats causing the bitter taste for me (which we will cover in the next section).

Micronized Creatine Monohydrate (3g) - This is said to be the cheapest and most effective form of Creatine. Typically you would go through a loading process here. Dosage on Creatine depends on your bodyweight, and for someone like me, who weighs around 240 pounds, I would require 8g of Creatine daily. This is a nice inclusion, and a good compliment to you if you are taking another Creatine source, but likely not enough as a stand alone. Since you need to load on Creatine Mono, and you would not take a PWO on rest days, all the more reason to utilize a stand alone Creating with this.

Beta Alanine (1.6g) - We all know of the "tingles" associated with this. Beta-Alanine is there to increase muscular endurance, with a daily goal of 2-5g. From everything I have read and studied on Beta Alanine 3.2g daily is the sweet spot. I was taking a stand alone Beta Alanine with this, so this was a great compliment on my workout days. As a stand alone, to really be effective this needs to be increased.

Nitrosigine (1.5g) - This is for those pumps, and to get that blood flowing in the body. Tests at 1.5g a day, show there is an increase in energy levels, increased muscle pump immediately following a workout, and decreased biomarkers of muscle damage immediately after a workout and during recovery. You can view the test here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4595023/ Another nice ingredient here, and I definitely noticed a pump in this product at this dose.

N-Acetyl L- Carnitine (500mg) - Also know as ALCAR, this is used for cognitive enhancement (you know, improving the memory functions of the brain). 630-2500mg of ALCAR is recommended daily dose, so this needs to increased to really have an effect. I noticed no real effects from this current dose.

Green Coffee Bean Extract (254mg) - This is standardized to 98.5% caffeine, resulting in about 250mg of Caffeine. The main energy source here, and is a Botanical source of Caffeine instead of a synthetic one. This ingredient is also popular in weight loss products, but not enough evidence supports this works. Everyone will react differently to different forms of Caffeine, personally I react well to Caffeine Anhydrous, and really not much when it comes to natural or botanical sources of Caffeine. This will likely work for you if you only need low stims, or do not ingest a daily cup of coffee or other source of caffeine. I like to see around the 300mg mark of Caffeine, but that is just me.

Theanine (250mg) - A nootropic known as a relaxing agent without sedation and slightly improves attention. This is brings down anxiety levels, allowing you to concentrate in a more relaxed state. Typically 100-200mg is a daily dose, here we get 250mg, but to me, this really does not need to be in here. This synergises well with Caffeine, to promote attention, but I really did not notice and its possible this may have mellowed me out during my lifts, we will talk more about that in effectiveness.

Black Pepper Fruit Extract (10mg) - This is your absorption agent, but typically 20mg is used according to examine.com. I wanted to say this should be increased, but other PWO such as Pre-Jym that have had more effectiveness for me only have 5mg of Black Pepper Extract, so this dose is probably fine.

Huperzia Serrata Aerial Parts Extract (5mg) - This is standardized out giving you 50mcg of Huperzine A. Another nootropic here to aid in your cognitive abilities. Typical range is 50-200mcg daily, so here we have the minimal dose, and I find its effective at this dose. I have taken PWO with 50mcg and 200mcg, and I find them to be just as effective at either dosage, at least for me. I have become a big fan of Huperzine A so am always to see it included.

Train also includes Stevia, you may like it or hate it, I personally do not have much experience with it and absolutely hate it. To me, this profile is a more "Natural" ish type of profile if you are choosing to go that route with your supplements. All in all not a bad profile. Train is also certified from Informed Sports, so if your a competitor you can take this with no worries. Train is also Nutravigilance certified, meaning that this product is safe if taken as directed with no adverse effects. I do not know much about Nutravigilance personally, but thought it was worth the mention.

Taste: Cherry Limeade is the only flavor currently available, and I thought it was horrid. Likely it was the taste of Stevia and Leucine that gave it the bitter taste for me. It was not undrinkable by any means, but I just downed it in two gulps then suffered for about 10 seconds on the aftertaste. Normally I like to sip my PWO in the course of 10-15 minutes as it helps me to wake up first thing in the morning, but not here.

Mixability: No issues here, mixed well in a standard shaker with a ball or vent on top. I had no residue on the bottom after, so mixability was good.

Dosing: one scoop with 8-10oz of water 15-20min before training is what the directions state. I would take this 30 minutes prior, with about 10oz of water. I never tried any other dosing means, as the label clearly states to not exceed one dose in a 24 hour period. I recommend people should always follow the directions, otherwise you will probably get some adverse effects and at that point its your fault, not the products.

So the first three times I took Train, it worked well for me. Got me motivated and into the gym, and I got through an average of 60 minute workouts each day with energy left over. I do not know what happened after that, but the effectiveness wore off quickly for me. From the fourth dose on the energy level dropped rapidly on me, usually 20 minutes into my workout. Now, I did not experience a crash or anything, I just did not have any extra energy outside of what felt to be normal energy without a PWO. Every time I did take it, it did give me enough energy to get moving and to the gym in the morning, it just did not maintain for me. With my weight (240 pounds) and my normal route of one cup of coffee daily, I likely require more caffeine in a PWO. At this point it became random, one day I would have a great experience on Train and other days I would feel almost nothing. It was odd, but that was my experience, it just was not consistent enough for me to even recommend this. Now lets break it down by the product claims.

Energy derived from naturally sourced caffeine: Yes this is true, but low energy level in my opinion.

Heightened focus and motivation: Enough to get me to the gym, not enough to maintain me throughout my workout. The energy, focus, and motivation were all so random and inconsistent, I never knew what I was going to get each dose. So this claim is not far off, but not 100% either.

Muscular Strength and endurance: I did not notice a difference either way here. This product did not hurt me in any way or hurt my strength, but it did not enhance it either. I think there needs to be more beta-alanine included here to really promote endurance. When I coupled with another Beta-Alanine source I did experience an increase in endurance and took less rest periods, but I experienced none of that when taking Train as a stand alone.

Flow of oxygen-rich blood to working muscles: This is where the product shined for me. I actually had some pretty nice pumps with Train. I recently had taken a Pump agent (Big Noise) and this came close to providing the same pump for me, which was nice to have.

Bottom line here is the effects were random for me, but may work if you respond well to low stims. This is also a more natural option if you are looking to cut back on your stims, and the nitrosigine provided me with some good pumps. Understand everyone will react differently to different things, but this was my experience.

Each tub gives you 21 servings, and can be purchased either through Amazon (which is a platform and still sold by the company) or Athelite Nutrition's website itself for $45.00. This comes out to be $2.14 per serving which is a bit pricey in my opinion. For a good PWO the price point ranges from 1 - 2 dollars, but not exceeding 2 dollars a dose. Likely this is because the company is new, but since this gave me inconsistent results, this is not a good value for me.

Side Effects

I did experience some minor GI issues taking this, but not every time. Typically once i get a high dose of caffeine I have GI issues so I attribute that to my genetics and not much else. Nothing crazy like a GI explosion, but a bathroom break was needed most days when taking this prior to working out.

Conclusion

Overall Train is a standard PWO that did not do a lot for me from what I have come to expect in a Stim PWO. The price point is a bit expensive at this time, and if the effects I felt on this were inconsistent and really wore off quickly. The pump in this was nice, but without that this product did not do much else for me that a regular cup of coffee could have done. Nice natural type ingredient profile, and maybe this can work for those that like the taste of Stevia and require low stims. Just was not enough for me to recommend it. Special thanks to Athelite for the shaker cup and handwritten note (was a nice touch), I appreciate the opportunity to try this new product out. I think you guys are on to something here, but some tweaking is in order for it to be effective in my eyes.

July 29, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Good Digestion
      • Low Carb
      • Low Fat
      • GMP & ISO-9001 Standards
      • Independent Lab Tested
      • Delicious

37 Years old and I lift 5 days a week. I always have a Protein source in my Stack, usually Whey, and when I joined this site I noticed everyone raving about MyProtein Whey Isolate, so I had to give it a try. I jumped in head first with a huge 5.5 pound bag of it, so lets see what it was all about.

There are already 14 reviews of this protein, so I will just hit the highlights. Each serving (1 scoop) has 90 calories, 1g Carbs, and a nice 21g Whey Protein Isolate. Bear in mind this protein does contain milk and soy ingredients, so if you are allergic, then you have been warned. This is a very clean profile and I found this to be perfect first thing in the morning. I typically get up around 430am during the week, and first thing I do is drink a scoop of Protein to get the metabolism working again. This profile was nice on the body being so clean and light, and absorbed well. Most of your regular Whey proteins are around 25g Protein, so this is pretty close in my opinion giving you a very clean profile for cutting, or just looking to supplement more protein in your diet without so many calories. Labdoor.com has also tested this protein, which ranks 3 on their list of proteins with a score of 91.2. The number 1 ranked Protein is also from MyProtein, so you can be certain this label is accurate.

Taste: I had the Chocolate Smooth flavor which I truly enjoyed. To me it tasted close to chocolate milk when I mixed it with just water, so that was pretty great. I did get tired of the flavor about 3/4 the way in, only because I get tired of anything thats the same for that long, so not a knock on the taste at all, just me being me needing variety.

Mixability: I always mixed one scoop with 8-10oz of Water in a shaker with no issues at all. It actually mixed together very easily and well, and did not leave any residue on the bottom.

Dosing: I drank 1 serving on wake up, and 1 serving post workout. This digested real easy for me early in the morning, so it was not like a rock sitting in my gut at 430am. Like any other protein source out there, you should drink this as needed to supplement your daily protein intake. Remember this is a supplement not a meal replacement!!!

The point of a Whey Protein Isolate is to have a protein source that is high in protein content and lower in carbs, lactose and fat. MyProtein hits the nail on the head with this product, making this the true definition of what a Whey Protein Isolate should be. Its hard to judge the effectiveness of a Protein supplement alone, but I found this digested really easily, and did not cause me to have to go to the bathroom after due to too much protein in one serving. So that means there was no wasted protein per serving for me, which is a big plus. I was mainly doing one workout program (Project Mass found on bb.com) while taking this and it was a program designed for gaining muscle, so I needed some serious protein each day. The 21g each serving did me just fine to meet my daily protein goals, which is fairly high since i sit around 240 pounds. This would also be a great protein source if your cutting, but I just stay in a constant recomp diet. Really this works no matter what your goal is. Since taking this I have switched to a regular Whey Protein, and man I can tell a huge difference in how it settles in my stomach. The Isolate digested a lot better and never made me feel full or bloated like regular Whey does. I will definitely be trying other products by MyProtein in the future.

So I bought a 5.5 pound bag from bodybuilding.com for $69.99, which is about 100 servings. This comes out to about 70 cents a serving which is a pretty great deal in my opinion. You definitely get a greater value here buying in bulk, and with a protein with such a clean profile with genuine ingredients, you get quality and value together, which I love.

Side Effects

None noted.

Conclusion

The only thing I did not like about this was it came in a resealable bag. I managed to screw it up on opening, so I was forced to put it into a couple big Tupperware bowls. No big deal, but something to keep in mind if you have problems opening things correctly like me. This is an effective Whey Isolate at a great value (that increases the more servings you buy) that can meet your needs no matter what goals you have. I have only ever tried the Chocolate Smooth flavor, but being how delicious that was, I can only imagine other flavors being just as great. MyProtein hits a homerun here and has nothing to hide with full transparency on the label and third party testing. Go grab some today if you never have, you will be happy you did!!

July 27, 2017

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Easy To Swallow
        • Great Value
        • Great Ingredient Profile
        • Essential Vitamins Included
        • Do Not Take Without Food

37 Years old and lift weights 5 times a week. I look for a multivitamin to help supplement my Vitamin D, since I live in Washington State and the sun only comes out a few months a year. I also look for a multi to give me the overall "wellness" feeling to just live a healthier lifestyle. Finishing a run of Orange Triad, I wanted to try the next best Multi on this site, so I decided to give Opti-Men a go, and give it an updated review! Lets see how it did for me.

So there are over 75 ingredients and 4 different prop blends in Opti-Men, so we will not go through each one of them for sanity purposes. If you read my Orange Triad review, I will do the same here for consistency purposes and pick out the ones that I found to be the most important or the most unique for a Multi and then I will talk about those prop blends.

Vitamin A - This is good for healthy eyes and general growth and development, including healthy teeth and skin. 3,000 IU per day for men is the RDA, and here we get 10,000 IU ensuring you get your daily share and then some.

Vitamin B6/B12 - B6 aka Pyridoxine, is a major vitamin to have in your body daily. It aids in the functions of movement, memory, energy expenditure, and blood flow. 1.3mg daily for men ages 19-50 is the RDA and here we get 50mg, so we are well covered here. B12 boosts your mood, energy level, memory, heart, skin, hair, digestion and more. This vitamin is so important for you, mainly getting you that energy boost, that you will see it sold a lot as a stand alone. In Opti-Men we get 100mcg which is well above the RDA of 2.4mcg.

Vitamin C - Good for strengthening blood vessels and giving skin its elasticity, anti-oxidant function, and iron absorption. RDA for men is 60mg, and we get 300mg.

Vitamin D - Good for strong healthy bones, and as I said very important to me living in Washington State (not so much in the summer, but mostly winter) since it rains a ton and the sun only makes an appearance for a few months a year. RDA is 600IU and we get 1,500IU. This is 500IU less than is found in Orange Triad, but its ok, I did not really notice.

Vitamin E - Good for blood circulation and protection from free radicals. The maximum dose you want of this daily is 1,500 IU, here we get 200 IU leaving you enough buffer room to not go over the maximum daily allowance if you have almonds, nuts, seeds, or tomatoes in your diet.

Vitamin K - Good for blood coagulation. RDA when combining supplements and food is 182mcg for men, and here we get 75mcg giving you wiggle room to get more Vitamin K in kale, spinach, burssel sprouts and broccoli. Ya know, the stuff you should be eating!!!

Folic Acid - This aids in cell renewal, as well as reducing the risk of birth defects for pregnant women, but thats an afterthought since this Vitamn is geared to men. RDA is 400mcg for men over 13 years old and here we get a healthy 600mcg dose.

Calcium - Good for healthy teeth and bones. We get 50mg here, RDA is between 1,000 - 2,500mg for men 19-50 years old. This is the same amount found in Orange Triad, and you can get more calcium in your diet by eating yogurt, cheese, milk, tofu, and black molasses. This is a small dose, so when taking this ensure you make up for the rest in your diet.

Zinc - Good for immunity, growth and fertility. 11mg daily for men over 14 and here we get 15mg.

Chromium - Good for glucose function - making sure every cell in your body gets energy when needed. This gives you 120mcg which is good, because its recommended you do not exceed 1,000mcg per day, and excessive doses may lead to stomach problems, low blood sugar, and can damage the liver, kidneys, nerves, and cause irregular heart rhythms. Pretty serious stuff! This is strictly talking about Chromium supplements, as Chromium in food will not hurt you no matter what the dosage, so this is a nice safe dose.

So those are the most important vitamins you should look for in a good Multi. Now lets briefly touch on the 4 Prop Blends (boooooo) that make this Multi stand out. You get 1g of am Amino Blend (a combination of 8 aminos) which is a small amount, but not a bad addition. The 100mg Phyto Men Blend has a ton of ingredients and is basically your greens blend. Now I did not get the same feeling as if I took a Greens Blend, but this is still a nice addition as long as you eat a decent diet of Fruits and Veggies. You also get 50mg of Viri Men Blend (a bunch of plant extracts, roots, seeds, and leaves) to aid you from getting sick. Finally the 50mg Enzyme Blend (Papain, Bromelain, Alpha Amylase, and Lipase) is also there to aid you in not getting sick.

Boron - If you read my Orange Triad review you will see that I thought the dosage there was low. Opti-Men makes me happy coming in with a strong 2mg dose which is great since the RDA is .25 - 3.25mg. Boron aids in building muscle, increase test levels, and builds strong bones. Nice dosage!!

Overall, this is a very long profile of ingredients, and I touched on the ones I find important. Very complete multi-vitamin.

Taste/Mixability - None to note here as they are pills, and really had no taste at all. I found the pills are not pleasant if you hold them on your tongue for longer than 10 seconds, but thats just my taste buds, no big deal if you swallow them up.

Dosing: The directions call for 3 pills daily with food. I just took all 3 with breakfast to be done with it, but you can split this up as you see fit, and likely the best way to do it is 1 pill per meal. Simple enough and I like that it gives you the option to dose as you see fit.

Its always tough to judge the effectiveness of a Multi Vitamin. There are no crazy claims on the label to go off of, its just there as a very potent multi-vitamin. During my 50 day run of this, I was not sick so at least I can say it helped out. About a year ago, when I was not taking a Multi daily, I would get sick much easier. Nothing dramatic, but a simple sore throat and cold. Typically when I get run down I get sore throats, and in my last week or two on this my work schedule has been long and my sleep has been less which typically spells out a recipe for disaster for me. I would start to get a sore throat when I went to bed, but once I got up I would feel okay, then once I took this with breakfast, I always felt that better overall well feeling. I do believe that this vitamin was aiding my body in fighting off any illnesses that wanted to creep up on me, so those prop blends did some good work. One day off this pill and I already feel worse than I did when on it. I would definitely switch back to this pill in the near future.

I picked this up on Amazon for $22.53 for 50 servings which comes out to 45 cents a day. To me this a fantastic deal for the amount of ingredients in this Multi. 45 cents a day to ensure you can go through life and battle off illnesses, Good enough for me to say what a great deal!!

Side Effects

Slightly yellowish/green pee, but not as bad as other Multi's I have taken. If you dose this out throughout the day you can mitigate the weird pee, but typically by mid morning it was gone for me. However, DO take this with food! Yes this is very potent, I took it without food once and started to get nauseous until I ate. Just follow the instructions and you will have no side effects.

Conclusion

Looking for that complete Multi to optimize you as a man? Look no further than Opti-Men (sounds like a commercial right?). Great value, effective at keeping you functioning at a healthy level, and great dosing for those important vitamins. I recommend you grab a bottle of this and keep it in your daily regimen!

July 21, 2017

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Helps With Recovery
        • Increases Hydration
        • Reduces Doms
        • Rehydrates
        • Superb Taste
        • A Little Expensive

37 years old, 18 years in the Army, and hit the gym 5-6 days week. About 6 months ago I was against taking any supplements INTRA workout, I thought I am not big enough to be drinking a supplement in the gym. Then came Intra Blast, and boy was I ever so wrong. Drinking BCAA intra workout has become one of my favorite things to do!! As usual with a NutraBio product this did not disappoint.

If only there was not prop blends in this......oh wait this is NutraBio of course there are no prop blends!! There are 4 main blends here to talk about, which are all fully disclosed of course. I will not go into detail about all of them, rather I will hit the highlights and what I felt were the best for me. There are a ton of reviews on this product that go into detail.

Muscle Growth EAA/BCAA (10g): What I like here is the 7.4g at a 2:1:1 ratio of BCAAs all of which are naturally fermented. For me, having a high dose of BCAA is important, since my body requires more than your standard 5g daily, and starting off with 7.4g is excellent. This blend also includes a mixture of 6 other EAAs for the remaining 2.6g.

Muscle Recovery Accelerator: 5g of Glutamine (Kyowa Quality); The kyowa is an ultra pure, vegetarian ingredient of the highest manufacturing standards. Nice to always get high quality ingredients. The glutamine transferes nitrogen into muscle cells which helps out to optimize workout performance.

Strength & Performance Matrix (3g): 2g of Betaine Anhydrous and 1g of OKG. Not enough evidence to say betaine works to improve workout performance, but it is FDA approved for treatment of high homocysteine levels (just a fun fact). OKG is also unknown if it does improve performance, but hey you never know, so i will take it.

Electrolyte & Hydration Optimizer (2.8g): Combination of Taurine, Calci K, Sodium Phosphate, and Di-Magnesium Malate. This is the second best feature to me, as we will discuss below I felt very hydrated during my workouts, so a nice inclusion for an intra.

All in all a profile of high quality ingredients, no surprises or fillers. Everything involved here has its purpose making this my ultimate intra drink!!

Taste: I had passion fruit which I found refreshing and delicious. So easy to drink and i looked forward to sipping it each gym day. Funny thing is I bought BCAA 5,000 of same flavor and the BCAA 5k does not taste half as good, go figure.

Mixability: No issues here, one scoop with 10oz of water worked for me. A few shakes and was ready to go, I tend to shake every time I am about to drink it, but was likely unnecessary. Label recommends 12-16oz of water, but 10oz worked just fine for me.

Dosing: Easy, one scoop when you workout! Done!! Label states to take pre, during, or after, its really up to you, I just took this intra and was happy!

Most times when I took this I mixed in unflavored Super Carb as well. I have taken this as a stand alone as well and the results were pretty much the same. For me, I would drink this halfway after my first few sets and sip until I got to my last exercise of the day. I always felt hydrated and even felt it gave me a slight energy boost, though it was likely a placebo effect. The hydration part was where this product shined. I always walk to the water fountain between sets, the whole body in motion stays in motion theory, but when I sipped this I could not drink water for a few sets. It got the point where I would have to take a pee break halfway through my workout, which is not a bad thing. Thats how it worked for me, now lets look at the label claims.

Speed Recovery: As I said, i felt that slight energy boost which would keep me motivated, hard to say if this was doing the recovery or the PWO was. Placebo effect or not, I always felt ready to crush more sets, so I would say this claim is justified.

Boost Power & Strength: Not sure about this one. Keeping your muscles hydrated can be an indirect effect for this, so not an outrageous claim by any sense.

Support Hydration: The true moneymaker here. Yes 100% on this.

As far as DOMS recovery goes, I usually would take 2x 5g servings of BCAAs daily (one post, and one middle of day) to not wake up sore the next day.
        With IB, as long as I took a casein shake before bed, I would be good to go. As a stand alone for DOMS recovery, it does okay, but i still need just a little more. This is my favorite supplement to take (so far) and my highest rated one on SR (so far). I am going to try out some other intra BCAA i bought, and will miss intra blast! If the other ones are not to par, i of course will be back, because having that hydrated feeling during a workout is priceless.

Well, we know NutraBio products are a bit pricey. I bought this off Amazon for $36.99 for 30 servings, coming out at $1.23 per workout. That seems to be the common price. I combine value with what you get as well, high quality ingredients, you know exactly whats in there, so its worth the money in my opinion. This is affordable for me, but likely not for everyone, which is a shame because I think this is a product everyone should try at least once.

On a different note, if you are in the Military, send NutraBio an email from your military email and they will apply 15% off to your account. I recently learned this, so this helps out if it is applicable to you. Just another great selling point to me from a great company.

Side Effects

You may have to take a bathroom break during workout simply because you are hydrated!! Nothing else.

Conclusion

This is the best supplement I have taken to date, and really got me into the whole intra workout supplement style. Every product I have tried from NutraBio has not disappointed, and this to me is their best one. If you are looking for an intra workout supplement that will keep you motivated, and feeling hydrated to keep on pushing then this is for you. I recommend the passion fruit flavor as it is Delicious, refreshing and not too sweet. Thank you NutraBio for another amazing product!!

July 20, 2017

• Too Many Pills
        • Better Options
        • Some Ingredients Probably Underdosed
        • Didn't Feel Anything

I am 37 years old and have been in the Army for 18 years. Over the years, I have dealt with a few injuries, most notably in my left shoulder, right ankle and left ankle. I lift weights 5 - 6 times a week, and due to the abuse I have done on my body over the years, I need a good joint supplement so I can keep hitting my gym times. I have had limited success with Fish Oil's in the past, and Animal Flex was my first complete Joint Complex I have tried.

Animal Flex has a few vitamins, Zinc, and Magnesium in it. Most notably it has three Prop Blends for Joint Support.

Joint Construction Complex: This consists of 3g of Glucosamine, MSM, and Chondroitin Sulfate A & C. (CSA, CSC)

Glucosamine: There to aid in Joint Pain, and it is recommended to take 1.5g per day (500mg 3 times a day). Unclear if we are getting our 1500mg daily requirement, but its possible.

MSM: There is not enough evidence to prove that it aids in Joint Support, however, it is likely effective for Muscle Damage caused by exercise. 500mg - 3g per day is the daily dose of MSM you need to aid in muscle damage. More than likely we are getting a full dose here.

CSA/CSC: Possibly there to aid in osteoarthritis if you dose 800-2000mg per day, however these results are inconsistent. When combined with Glucosamine, knee pain due to osteoarthritis have lessened when used for 3-4 months.

Joint Lubrication Complex: This prop blend consists of 1g of Flaxseed Oil and a prop blend within a prop blend of Cetyl Myristoleate. Flaxseed Oil does not seem to have much effect on anything related to joints according to my research. It has been used to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis with no effect after 3 months of use. Cetyl on the other hand is possibly effective for osteoarthritis just like CSA and CSC. People with osteoarthritis have had improved range of motion in the knees when combined with Fish Oil. You want around 350mg of Cetyl up to six times daily. This prop blend does not seem to be doing a lot as it is under dosed.

The final prop blend is the Joint Support Complex which is 1g of Ginger root, Turmeric root (curcumin), boswella, quercetin, and bromelain. These all treat osteoarthritis and all in all this is a nice blend. However, we do not know how much we are getting exactly of each, so hard to say how they are dosed out, if even appropriately. For example, Ginger root is recommended at 500mg daily, and Curcumin is recommended at 80-500mg daily. Curcumin is probably the best ingredient in here, and like most of the other ingredients go great in conjunction with a Fish Oil.

Overall, there are a lot of ingredients per pill pack. It is likely under dosed in the end, and from what I understand this is probably better taken with other Animal products to reach the full benefits.

Taste/Mix: No Taste, pack of 8 pills. No mixing either, however, some days I found the pills hard to swallow as I just got tired of having so many.

Dosing: I took one pack of 8 each morning with breakfast. Nice and easy, Universal really makes their pill dosage easy with their packets. However, 8 pills get very old very fast, and you can likely find better benefits out there in 1-2 pills instead of this.

I get torn here because I think maybe it did not work for me since my injuries are severe, but The omega-jym fish oil I took earlier this year made my joint pain go away and this did not. Its a packet of 8 pills a day that really does not do anything, so no I cannot recommend this. At the end of it all, my joints and now my wrists hurt worse than when I started. The ingredients seem to be present, but for whatever reason it did not ease my pain in the slightest. Please bear in mind, this is the supplement world, and what works or does not work for some people may work for others. Just check out the dosages (in the prop blends I know) and see if there is a certain ingredient that works well for you at a certain dose before committing to this.

Like other well being or support products, sometimes you have no idea if it was working until you finish taking it. Once I finished this, I felt no change at all. This further proves to me that this product did nothing for me, and I spent the last 44 days slamming down way too many pills. I was pretty bummed out this did not help me since it has such positive reviews here on SR (granted last one was 2 years ago) and I am thinking maybe the formula has changed or something changed over the years. Not real sure, just an observation.

Good value here at least. You can get a 44 pack (44 days) supply at 22.99 from All Star Health, which comes out to 52 cents a day. Not a bad deal for an 8 pill pack. However, I do gauge value with effectiveness, so yes this is a cheap price by itself, but since it did nothing for me, it felt like a waste of 23 bucks. Since this did nothing for me, I cannot give value more than a 6, since our description for SR states a 6 at (I would only buy this again if I had extra money to burn). This feels generous to me, since I will never purchase this again.

Side Effects

I experienced none, but I did make a point to take this with breakfast each day. With so many pills I would advise you steer clear of taking this without food!

Conclusion

This product has a pretty exciting lineup of ingredients, but all in prop blends so it is likely its under dosed to truly be effective. You can get this cheaply around the internet for a 44 day supply, but this gave me no alleviation in joint pain. I would recommend you find an alternative product with less pills, that fully disclose their dosage. From what I understand about Universal products is they are meant to be stacked together, so if you were to get the Multi, Fish Oil, and Flex all together then maybe combined you would see some effects. I cannot say that is a fact since I did not nor do I intend on trying it.

Thanks to Size Slim for sending it out!
          July 11, 2017

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Appetite Suppression
        • No Positive Mood
        • No Energy Increase

I am 37 years old and lift in the gym 5 days a week. Due to past injuries, I cannot do any cardio, so all of my routines are just lifting weights, with a combination of strength and hypertrophy days each week. I have never tried a stim free weight loss pill before, and wanted to try it out once I saw the opportunity. I figure hey its summer time, why not give this a shot to get that beach bod!! Let us see if this aided me in achieving that beach bod. Also, I want to thank Size Slim and SR TROOPers program for making this possible.

The...

There are quite a few ingredients in this bad boy, so lets break it down as vitamins, minerals, and the weight loss Prop Blend. Since this is the first review on this supplement I will break each ingredient down so we can see why it was put in here to begin with.

Vitamins
        Thiamin (as Thiamine): Coming in at 30mg. Thiamin is effective for metabolic and brain disorders, is said to promote a positive mood, however currently there is insufficient evidence to prove that one. Recommended daily dosing is 5-30mg, so the dosing here is a good one for Thiamin.

Riboflavin: Vitamin B2, is put in here to give higher energy levels and boost the immune system, however, there is currently insufficient evidence for proof on this. Recommended dosing on this is 5-30mg, and you get 10mg per serving here.

Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin): does a lot for the body including making DNA and red blood cells. Daily dosing of B12 is 2.4mcg for adults, Size Slim gives you 100mcg, but do not worry, your body can handle up to 10mg a day before considering an overdose. So a healthy dose of B12 to go around.

Pantothenic Acid (as Pyridoxine): Vitamin B5, is said to increase athletic performance, though there currently is insufficient evidence for this. 5mg is the reommended daily dose on this, however, there is 30mg in here per dose. There are no known studies to say if this amount is too high or not.

Minerals
        Chromium (as Chromium Picolinate): Known as an essential trace element (meaning humans only require small amounts of this) is said to help in blood sugar levels and to treat depression. It may be effective for athletic performance improvement, but not enough evidence exists, like everything else. 35mcg is the daily dose on this, however, adults can tolerate up to 100mcg a day with no issues for up to 6 months. Thats good, because you get 30mcg per dose here.

Size Slim Proprietary Weight Loss Blend
        This blend totls at 1.54g. There are a ton of ingredients in here so I will break out the important parts here since we don't know how much is actually in here, and this is the meat and potatoes of the product.

Garcinia Extract (fruit) (50% HCA): This is said to aid in weight loss and joint pain, however, there remains insufficient evidence. Exact daily dosing also depends on too many factors (health, age, gender etc..) to pin point.

Yerba Mate: A plant said to improve mood and energy levels, but insufficient evidence here, and no recommended dosing.

Raspberry Ketones: The jury is out on this ingredient. There is a lot of debate on what these do if anything at all. Studies show that i can replicate the effects of Ephedrine of Synephrine in the human body, but that has only been seen in vitro (in a test tube), no studies exist for orally taking this. Also recommended dosing here starts at 870mg and ranges all the way to up to 5g, depending on your weight. Its possible this ingredient does nothing at all, if it did its likely underdosed, but we cannot say for sure.

Carnitine: This is effective for raising NO levels in the body, a source of energy, and fat loss, though the fat loss may be limited to elderly persons. Dosing on this is around 500mg - 2g daily, again hard to say whats in here, but its probably under dosed since there are a ton of ingredients crammed in 1.54g.

Apologies if I went into over detail here, but to sum it up in case you skipped all that, was you get a good dosing of B Complex Vitamins, which is nice, a good serving of a mineral to aid in blood sugar, and a prop blend of the most important ingredients that are likely under dosed. I appreciate all the added things in here, but I would have liked to see this product focus more on the weight loss blend, break it out, and amp up the servings on that and get rid of the rest. While the vitamins and minerals don't hurt, they almost feel like fillers to me.

All in all I can only give the ingredient profile a 6/10 due to the fact that its selling point (a product called weight loss) put too much stuff in a low dose and in a prop blend. If this product was called a B Complex vitamin with minor weight loss benefits, then that would be a different story.

Taste/Mixability: Nothing here to report as they are pills that are very easy to swallow.

Dosing: The instructions call to take 2 pills, 2 times a day with food. I took one dose (2 pills) upon waking around 4am and washed it down with a Whey Protein Shake, and my second serving with Lunch around noon. No issues to report with any of this.

The important part of the review here! When I took this I started a journal with weekly weigh ins around the same time every Friday, and measured my belly, since that is what I deemed most important to me. I find that that may not be a fair assessment, so I will rate the product on my findings, and put the most weight on what the product claims to do as advertised.

My weekly weigh ins and belly measurement netted me no results. I ended the 30 day cycle right at the same weight, and with no change in belly fat. I look at this as the product not doing much for me, since my diet did not change much, but again, lets look at whats advertised. On an interesting note, my jeans and shorts are looser. I feel that I actually did lose a waist size, but can only go by feel here since I did not do all the measurements prior to taking this.

Clean Energy: The first two weeks on this I was taking a PWO including caffeine, so hard to really say if this gave me energy in the mornings. However, for my lunch time dose, I did not ingest any caffeine and felt no change in energy levels. The last 2 weeks on this, I had moved to a stim free PWO, and again felt no energy. I think I need High Stims to keep going, and the natural way may not cut it for me. If you are low stim tolerant, then this may work for you, one size never fits them all in the world of supplements.

Appetite Control: This is where the product shined for me. On rest days, I would have to force myself to eat and remember to eat, a few times I would wake up and get to lunch and realize I did not have much more than a protein shake. No hunger pains. On workout days, I was fine going meal to meal, typically I will eat snack between meals. Those snacks I almost had to force down because I just was not hungry. I did not feel this appetite control into about the second week, so bear that in mind. So if you are looking for something to curb appetite, and you are cutting, this may be a viable option.

Increase Metabolism: If this had any effect it was minimal. I guess the cool thing is I did not gain any weight or fat, even when I had a couple of cheat days while taking this. Not real sure if this product had anything to do with it, but it did not hurt.

Promote Positive Mood: I did not have that wellness feeling or amazing feeling on this. I would have moments throughout my day of positive feelings, but really nothing out of the ordinary. The natural nootropics here did not do much for me at all.

If anything, this is great for appetite suppression. Clean Energy possibly for low stim tolerant folks, but I do not think there is enough in here to give you an increase in metabolism or to promote a positive mood. Not super impressed here, depends on what you need and are looking for. I will gives this a Meh since i was looking for some fat loss, not really appetite suppression, but I imagine if you took this with a cutting program you would see some results.

Bodybuilding.com has this for the cheapest for a 30 day supply (120 capsules) running you $32.49 or $1.08 a day. Buying this direct from Size Slim is 50 dollars which is a bit pricey in my opinion. With the BB deal, this makes this about average price for a stim free weight loss option. However, given the ingredients in here with all the fillers, the value here does not seem to great. You can buy straight appetite suppression pills out there for much cheaper without all the fillers.

Side Effects

None Noted.

Conclusion

Size Slim Weight Loss Support is just that, it supports you with some appetite control to lose weight. You have to use this in conjunction with a cutting diet and regiment to see any results. I recomp, and saw no results in body composition, but did feel the appetite suppression. The ingredient profile leaves a lot to be desired, and I am thinking it is under dosed. A lot of filler ingredients in here, seems like the product is trying too hard. I will stick with a middle of the road on this review, since it works for appetite suppression, but beyond that, I am not sure the product will do much for you. I want to personally thank Size Slim for sending me two bottles of this, as well as sampler packs of their PWO, and a shaker. Very generous of you guys, and I hope this honest review helps you guys out.