DaSlaya

Try Requests

Total Reviews

TROOPer Level

*Rookie League

Comments

*Rookie League

Reputation

*Rookie League

*Rookie League = only among other members in their first year on SR. DaSlaya will be eligible for rookie league trophies for another 293 days.

Reviews by DaSlaya

I am 37 years old, and I turn to fish oil to aid in brain functions, to try and keep my blood pressure in check, and mainly for its Joint support. Ultra Pure Omega 3 is currently ranked number 1 on this site, so I thought I would give it a shot and see what all the hooplah was about. I truly love Fish Oil as it is sometimes touted as the Miracle Pill because there are so many benefits for it, some documented, and some questionable. You can get your Omega-3 fats from actual food (salmon, mackerel, herring, tuna, flaxseeds, and walnuts), but having Fish Oil to supplement your daily intake is always a good idea, at least for me. Lets see how this king of the hill measures up.

Fairly simple profile, EPA, DHA, and Other Omega-3 Fatty Acids. Each serving (3 pills) nets you 1,224mg of EPA, 816mg DHA, and 210mg of Other Omega-3 Fatty Acids. So that nets us 2,250mg of Omega-3 Fatty acids per day. EPA helps lessen inflammation in the body, while DHA is essential for brain health and function. I do not like the fact that Intelligent Labs listed the Other Omega-3 Fatty acids instead of just listing out what it is, but that is fairly common in Fish Oil. Lets continue to focus on the EPA and DHA, since those are the important Omega-3 Fats here. WebMD lists out various Fish Oil Dosing recommendations by issue, so lets see a few of them to make sure Intel Labs measure up to what we need:

High Triglycerides: 1 - 15 grams of Fish Oil daily for up to six months, so yes we are good to go here.
Heart Disease: 600mg - 10 grams of DHA and/or EPA, check!
High Blood Pressure: 3 to 15 grams of Fish Oil Daily, pretty high, and I even question this since most warnings advise you not to exceed 3 grams of Fish Oil a day. However, technically this pill does not provide enough, but we will elaborate a bit more on this in effectiveness.

There are about 20 other different examples, but I thought i would stick with the three main reasons to take Fish Oil. You will note that improving brain function is not listed as one of them, however, we will cover that down below as well, so hold your horses!!! Some studies claim that a ration of 3:2 ratio of EPA:DHA is most effective, if that is true then Intel labs nails it. Also their website shows proof of their third party lab test showing 480.03mg EPA, and 326.66mg DHA per pill which comes out to 1,440.09mg EPA and 979.98mg of DHA. If this lab test is legit, then this product nets you a higher dosage than the claim on the bottle, which is nice these days. All in all a simple and effective ingredient profile, on par with its competitors.

No Mixing or tasting here as they are pills. Dosing is easy as pie, 3 pills daily preferably with a meal or before bedtime. Simple, just the way I like to take my important daily pills.

So, we all know its no easy task to judge effectiveness of Fish Oil. However, I suffer from high blood pressure, and while taking this for about 3 weeks I had to go into a clinic. My blood pressure dropped a moderate amount, nothing earth shattering as it did not put me in normal levels, but it definitely helps out. For me, I take Fish Oil to aid in memory and brain function. If you read my review on Omega-Jym you will see that I had explained I suffered from 6 Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) in the last 18 years, so I take Fish Oil seriously in order to help me out. I find when I do not take fish oil for an extended period I start to forget simple words and my short term memory suffers. As it is, my short term memory still is not great, but I can feel it being more under control when I consistently take Fish Oil, and that was no different while taking this one.

My only complain on this product is it did nothing to aid in my Joint pain. Granted I take additional Joint Supplements (currently Animal Flex) for joint pain, but I noticed on my 30 day run of Omega-Jym I had no Joint Pain. So now that set a new standard in my head for Fish Oil, making it more of that miracle pill for me. However, Intel Labs Omega 3 did not alleviate any joint pain for me, I even tried it a few weeks before I got the Animal Flex with no results. That is the only negative I can say about this, which is not a big deal to most people, but worth mentioning.

I bought this from Amazon for $29.99 for a 40 day supply (120 pills). This puts us at about 75 cents per day, which for such a high quality product is not bad at all. Its main rival Omega Jym is around 20 dollars for a 30 day supply and that comes out to 67 cents a day. So in my opinion the value here is good, not great, as I like to rate my value in quality and price combined versus just what deals can be found. Yes you can buy cheaper Fish Oils out there, for example you can get a 30 day supply of NutraBio Omega-3 Fish Oil for 6 bucks, but it nets you 388mg of EPA and 240mg DHA daily, so not even close when it comes to daily dosage. For Fish Oil I think its most important to go for that extra quality, cheap Fish Oils can really upset your stomach and give you nasty fish burps, F that!!

Side Effects

Fishy Burps if taken after I ate my meal, take it prior and your good to go. This can be said about ANY fish oil I have ever taken, so its more the supplement itself not the product, but I recommend pills then eat your food and your safe. Nobody wants fish burps all day.

Conclusion

At the end of it all, Ultra Pure Omega 3 is a pretty dang Pure fish oil product with an independent lab test to back it up. Yes this is slightly more expensive than its competitors, but I think its worth the extra few cents a day. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for some quality Fish Oil in their stack. In my eyes the best Fish Oil I have ever taken is Omega-Jym, but this definitely goes on the list as my #2 of all time, and as with any other supplements your experience may vary. The trick for Fish Oil is getting a good daily dose of 2-3mg of Omega-3 Fatty Acids per day, and Ultra Pure Omega 3 gets you just that in only 3 pills. Take a look at those cheap fish oils and you will see how little you actually get, then realize you are paying that extra money for reassurance on quality, no crazy ingredients, and what you need to succeed.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great EPADHA Ratio
  • No Fishy Taste
  • Third Party Testing
  • Worth The Extra Price
  • High Quality Fish Oil
  • A LITTLE More Expensive Than Competition
  • Did Not Aid In Joint Pain

I am 37 years old, and lift 5-6 days a week in the Gym. I stick with a powerlifting routine that consists of 3 days of strength and 3 days of Hypertrophy per cycle (8-day cycle). AD-3 was the first PCT that I have ever taken as well as the first time I took a T-boost. I stacked this alongside with Mass HGH for 30 days.

Really simple breakdown here as there are three main ingredients. Lecheek listed out each ingredient with no prop blends on this so you know exact dosage you are getting. Very efficient mix in my opinion, and a well dosed product.

Mucuna Pruriens Extract (L-Dopa) (seeds) - 800mg: L-Dopa is herb contained in Mucuna aka Velvet Bean. Studies show that decrease in adrenaline is normalized, cortisol is reduced, subjective well being feeling (secondary effect of cortisol reduction), and testosterone increased. Recommended dose: 500mg - 1,000mg per day. Decent dosage, not overkill. This worked very well in conjunction with Mass HGH.

Milk Thistle Extract (seeds) - 360mg: Great liver support. Studies are still unclear at this point if it actually does help the liver out or not. Recommended dose 160-800mg daily. T have used straight Milk Thistle in the past by itself, so I want to believe its effective, but I guess I will find out over time. Either way this is nice to have.

Armistane (Androsta-3, 5-Diene-7, 17-Dione) - 75mg: Aromatase Inhibitor (AI) and Cortisol Inhibitor. Reduces circulating estrogen in the body. Benefits are it blocks high levels of estrogen and cortisol, increases test levels, more muscle mass, reduced fat storage, better recovery, improves vascularity (with its drying out and hardening effect), and boosts libido. Side effects are is it classified as a subtle steroid, should only be used short term to avoid serious side effects brought on by steroids, does not permanently lower estradiol as your body will create aromatase enzymes after several weeks, and a low level of estradiol is unsafe causing issues such as bone loss. Can be used as an Over the counter Post Cycle Therapy or by itself. OTC PCT: 75mg first week, 50mg for two weeks, then last week at 25mg. Solo: 100-200mg daily for 6 weeks. The 75mg is a good dose, as this product is a PCT. Studies have shown that 200mg per day of this for 4 weeks has been completely safe with no side effects, so another good fact to know if wanting to cycle this. So the main takeaway here is to CYCLE this product, 1 - 2 bottles should be your max, so if you are finding yourself on your third bottle, you should probably stop taking it. Special Note: This ingredient may cause you to fail a drug test if you are involved in any sort of sports of lifting competitions, so keep that in mind before giving this product a whirl.

No Taste or Mixability to discuss since this was in pill form. Dosing states 2 capsules 30 minutes before sleep, and no more than 4 capsules in a 24 hour period. I tried a few different dosing times, since I was stacking this with Mass HGH and that was my main sleeping aid. I read a ton of different reviews, questions and answers on how to stack the two. I first tried it upon waking up in the morning. This proved to be a mistake as I would be so tired after my workouts (I workout first thing in the morning) and it would be a struggle to get to work. So after two days of this, I stopped and switched to taking 2 capsules around 4 or 5pm. This proved to be the best way for me to do it, I just felt relaxed, not anymore tired than I would normally feel, and I had a good 4 hour separation before I took Mass HGH. Was real easy to get in the habit to do this, as I would just load my pill container up in the morning, and bam, 0 missed doses.

Since this was my first time on a Test boost or PCT, I did not know what to expect. In my head, I pictured turning into the incredible hulk immediately and ripping heads off, but this is the real world, so that did not happen. The first two weeks I honestly did not feel much of anything and saw no real results. The only effect I felt immediately was a better mood, likely due to the L-Dopa and mixture with Mass HGH. However, once Week 3 hit, WOWZERS my mucles dried out, got that hardened look, my vascularity increased, and for whatever reason my lats got bigger and more defined, which was a nice touch! Since I did stack this, I will break down the effects claimed by the bottle and what I felt AD-3 did individually and what I can attribute to a likely stack combination with Mass HGH.

Increase Testosterone: While I did not take a T level test prior and after taking this to even show this worked, I could almost feel it working. In my job field there are studies showing we have low test levels due to the constant stress of being deployed, having high moments of action, then coming home and doing nothing. I did feel my test level was higher as I had more get up and go throughout my day, no real change in the downstairs department, was not really an issue to begin with. I just felt better. I cannot give all the credit to AD-3 on this, this will be a combo of AD-3 and Mass HGH, but I am certain that you would still have a similar effect taking AD-3 alone.

Aromatase Inhibitor (AI) / Estrogen Blocker / Liver Support: All of these benefits I can attribute to AD-3 by itself. As far as AI and Estrogen blocker, again, I cannot confirm, but I did not have any moments of freaking out or raging. I am normally a very angry person to begin with, and when I ran this cycle I was actually in a pretty awesome and chill mood the whole time. Maybe it did even out my levels after all. I have been off it for 4 days now and can tell my normal anger (usually at stupid people) is coming out again. So definitely a difference maker there. Liver support, who knows, I am personally a fan of Milk Thistle, so I was happy to have it. I did not develop any liver issues while taking this, that's as far as I can go with that for proof.

Overall, I enjoyed this run I felt great and really saw results. I had a local gym buddy of mine tell me 2 days after I finished this that my arms looked bigger, and my Lats got bigger because my XL T-shirts are not fitting the same in the Lat and Arm area. That's where we wanna be right, filling out those XL shirts! In the future I plan to run this solo to see what kind of results I can get, I believe that stacking this with a Mass HGH type product or running it alone will work out very well. This product probably really shines when used as a true PCT. Thanks to LeCheek for an awesome product. Another thing to note is the Muscle Dryness is REAL. I have a bad left ankle and left shoulder, and holy crap did it ache when they dried out. I always had some sort of Joint support on this (Orange Triad and then Animal Flex), so that's a recommendation on my part, I could not imagine how painful this could be without joint support. Likely a case by case scenario, but something to be aware of. My muscles are all a little more cut and hard/tighter, so worth it!

I bought this from A1 Supplements for 60 dollars for this and Mass HGH. So if I did math on that it was basically 1 dollar a day. Not bad in my opinion for a product that is effective. Looks like you can buy this from anywhere from 24 to 34 dollars, so all in all great value for what you get.

Side Effects

All's I can say is the timing you take this is key. The directions recommend before bed, so either that or dinner time. It does make you a little tired, more so in a relaxed state, so just be aware of that. I experienced no other side effects!

Conclusion

I would definitely run this product again and I highly recommend it. Next time i plan to run this solo as a true PCT, but I was using this as a test boost this time around stacked with Mass HGH and it did its job. Very happy with the results, I am not a believer, and wanted to throw a good updated review for it out there to show you guys it is still rocking and rolling. This may even have me looking at other LeCheek products to check out in the future.
  • Increased Vascularity
  • Dry Muscle Gains
  • Some Milk Thistle
  • Aching Joints

I am a 37 year old male, that lifts 5-6 days a week in the gym. My routines include 3 days of Strength and 3 days of Hypertrophy training. Sleeping aids are something that I cycle on and off with breaks in between, and typically enjoy the recovery associated with them. I had bought this product because of its high rank in the nighttime section of SR, even if the reviews were dated, so I always intended on using this product as a sleep aid and nothing more. This was the first time I had used anything by LeCheek, so lets see how Mass HGH held up.

Also it should be n...

Also it should be noted that I got this as a combo deal with AD-3 PCT, so I stacked the 30 day run of both products together.

The main ingredients in Mass HGH are a 2300mg Prop Blend called the Mass HGH Blend. Lets break each ingredient down, so we can see the roles and responsibilities in this blend. A lot of the ingredients are recommended to only be taken at a max of 12 weeks, so if you are finding yourself on the 4th bottle of Mass HGH with no breaks, you may be hurting yourself and it can be very risky, so be safe and take this in cycles.

Chlorophytum borivilianum (that was fun to type): A natural Indian herb which is said to improve semen and testosterone levels in males. A 12 week trial was conducted of this given the subjects 500mg daily, with no adverse reactions. Recommended dosage on this is 16-32mg/kg of bodyweight, so if you weight 150lbs, you would need 1.1-2.2g of this. Obviously the whole blend is 2.3g so likely a smaller dose exists.

Mucuna Pruriens Extract L-Dopa 15% HPLC: Mucuna Pruriens is more commonly known as the Velvet Bean. This is a good source of L-Dopa. The 15% here means that testing has shown that this ingredient contains 15% L-Dopa. Studies state that this may cause a reduction in cortisol, gives you a subjective feeling of well being (a secondary effect of cortisol reduction), and an increase in testosterone. Recommended dose: 500mg - 1,000mg per day, but again we just don't know how much is here. Since this is the second item listed, assuming it goes in order of most to least, then its probably a decent amount.

Gamma Aminobutyric Acid (GABA): GABA is another nootropic and a form of stress relief. It is said to pair well with NO increasing agents (which is the next ingredient down). GABA is said to promote lean muscle growth, burning fat, stabilizing blood pressure, and relieving pain. Like most things, there just is not enough evidence to say it does these things for sure. There is not enough information currently to state how much of a daily dose you should take and it is also dependent on a lot of factors such as user's age, health, etc.. A note from Examine.com "GABA is a chief neurotransmiter in the brain and may adversely react with any neurally active prescription medication or anti-depressants." Basically, if you are taking any of those, stay away from GABA. WebMD states that GABA is likely safe when taken correctly for up to 12 weeks. Too bad we cannot define "correctly."

Centella Asiatica: This is also known as Gotu Kola and is mostly known and used for its cognitive properties. Wait Chris, didn't you say that this was the NO boosting ingredient? Yes, this also is used to improve blood circulation and to reduce swelling in people with poor blood circulation in their legs. The nootropic properties have insufficient evidence but are said to be a minor increase in alertness, attention, calmness, and a minor decrease in anxiety. Sounds great and all, but this ingredient comes with some concerns. WebMD states that you should avoid Gotu Kola if you have any liver damage or concerns, because this ingredient may cause liver damage. There is your warning, so steer clear if you have liver issues. The recommended daily dose ranges from 60-180mg for blood circulation improvement, but again we cannot be sure how much is in this blend.

Glycyrrhiza Glabra: Also known as Licorice. I have seen this brought up in old reviews, and its worth mentioning again to make people aware. Examine.com states "Glycyrrhetic acid (a component of licorice) may decrease testosterone and increase cortisol." WebMD also states other risks associate with Licorice are an increase in the risk of congestive heart failure, can make an irregular heartbeat worse, may act like estrogen in your body, can raise blood pressure, can cause potassium levels to drop in your blood, can make kidney disease worse, and can lower a man's sex drive (test decrease). However, its not all doom and gloom, it seems all these issues arose when daily dosage levels were at 500mg and higher. This is where I have issues in Prop blends (I understand the reason for them), but something like this where you NEED to know what the dosage is, you just do not know.

Catharanthus Roseus: This is also known as Madagascar Periwinkle. Extract from the Periwinkle plant that helps reduces blood glucose and may exert some anti-cancer effects in the body. This ingredient comes with some serious baggage according to WebMD. WebMD states this is unsafe taken by mouth due to the presence of poisonous chemicals known as vnica alkaloids. Can cause side effects such as nausea, vomiting, hair loss, hearing loss, dissiness, bleeding, nerve problems, seizures, liver damage, low blood sugar, and even death. So IMMEDIATELY STOP TAKING THIS if you notice any of these (especially death). Proper daily dosing is unknown. Basically use this at your own risk, but hey I am typing this after 30 days of use, i had none of those issues (at least that I am aware of). This is not meant to scare or dissuade you, I am simply informing!

Ferulic Acid (4-Hydroxy-3-Methoxphenyl): Ferulic acid has been shown to fight the negative effects of various free radicals, including superoxide, nitric oxide, and hydroxyl radical. Are you like me, and read that sentence and say UMM WHAT? Basically this is an anti aging anti-oxidant. When combined with Vitamins C and E, it can protect the skin from damage caused by UV Rays. So gives you healthier skin, a nice little addition to a sleep time formula.

Valerien Root Extract 4:1: Aids in reliving insomnia. Research suggests that it is slower than sleeping pills and continuous use for days or up to four weeks may be needed to notice an effect. No side effects shown in trials lasting up to 28 days, and its likely safe for 4-8 weeks. May cause sluggish feelings in the morning, headaches, excitability in higher doses. Recommended daily dosing is 400-900mg up to 2 hours before bedtime for up to 28 days. This is what is putting you to sleep!! Again, we can only hope there is at least 400mg in this blend!

Withania Sommifera: Also known as Ashwagandha. May aid in helping calm the brain, reduce swelling, lower blood pressure, and alter the immune system, but like anything else insufficient evidence for true proof. Likely safe taken in short terms. Long term side effects are unknown, and large doses may cause upset stomach, diarrhea, and vomiting. Dosing is unknown at this point, so again another one to monitor close.

Ingredient Profile Summary: There are a few ingredients in this blend that may be unsafe at certain doses and others that are unsafe after certain lengths of time. Being a Prop Blend we do not get exact amounts, so we are putting all of our trust and faith in Lecheek in hopes they got it right. All in all its a nice blend though, of ingredients that compliment one another and offering you much more than a sleep formula. We will talk this more below in effectiveness.

No taste or mixing required since its a pill. Took the recommended 3 pills around 30 minutes before I went to bed. Nice and easy!

Since I did stack this with AD-3, I am going to break effectiveness down in a few sections. I had originally bought Mass HGH for its Aid in Sleeping, so that will be my main focus on the effect. One thing to note, is they changed their bottle label in January of 2016, but the label really does not say anything on it other than Mass HGH, Advanced Mass Builder. Just seemed strange to me, because if I had no idea what this product was and saw it somewhere, I would not even pick it up, but that's just my thoughts, and really me rambling..moving on.

Restful Sleep: I have taken sleeping aids ranging from ZMA to Melatonin with good effect. For whatever reason this product did not give me restful or good sleep at all. Perhaps my body just does not react to the nootropic properties of the blend, or to the Valerien Root. Hard to say exactly why, but no good. This product would definitely make me tired after taking it, but would never put me out like ZMA or Melatonin does. I use a fitbit so it is at least something to go off of when it comes to sleep. The fitbit shows my sleep time decreasing in the 30 days I took Mass HGH. I only averaged 5:26 minutes of sleep according to it, when prior to my average was around 6:05 per night. I am physically in bed for at least 7-8 hours a night, its just a matter of when I fall asleep. I found when taking this I would tend to wake up a lot in the middle of the night, sometimes to pee, and sometimes just wake up. Other ZMA products usually result in me never waking up until the alarm goes off. I realize the fitbit is not the most accurate thing in the world, but its a way to show that I was not getting good quality sleep on Mass HGH. Obviously this will change person to person, since there have been so many glowing reviews prior to mine, so thats just my experience.

As a Compliment to AD-3: I have seen an improvement in mood and vascularity when taking this stack. Since I cannot truly determine which product did the most work, I will say its a mix of the two, there are benefits I had specific to AD-3 and the sleeping portion I can attribute to Mass HGH.

All in all, I got this as a sleeping aid, but its a lot more than for just sleep, so if you are looking to improve sleep along with an increase in test and blood flow, then this may work for you. As I said, the sleep portion did not work for me, but the rest did when working as a stack.

I bought this in a package deal with AD-3 from A1 Supplements and it cost me 60 dollars. So 30 bucks for a 30 day supply of a nice formula, one dollar a day, is a pretty good deal. If this aided my sleep better this would be some amazing value, but it did not, but the other portions make up for the value lost in sleep for me. Normally it looks like a bottle of Mass HGH alone goes for 43.95 for a 30 day supply or Esupplements at 38.95 for a 30 day supply.

Side Effects

Nothing to note, no acne or weird zits as people have noted in the past.

Conclusion

A nice formula to aid in sleep, boost some test, and get that blood flowing. For me, the sleep portion (the main reason I bought the product) did not work for me so I would not buy this again. It seems to work for most people (at least in the past), so it may work for you. This was a great complement to AD-3 and saw some nice improvements in that mood of well being and vascularity. I think the blend in the ingredient profile is a bit risky (in my opinion), but I like to know exactly what goes in my body. I did not have any adverse reactions, but its still a risk.
  • Risky Ingredients
  • Did Not Aid In Sleep

I am 37 years old and lift in the Gym 5-6 days a week. I try and eat Protein at least 6 times a day, and I love variety. Its easy on the meals to get that meat, but in between and on the go at work, its nice to mix things up outside a Protein Shake. Then I discovered DoughBar Doughnuts, and life got tasty!!

There are a variety of toppings and glaze to get, which change the Macro's around, so I will break this down in a few ways and the flavors I had:

Doughnut by itself, no glaze or toppings:
Calories - 150 (40 of these are derived from f...

Doughnut by itself, no glaze or toppings:
Calories - 150 (40 of these are derived from fat)
Fat -4g
Carbs - 16g
Fiber - 2g
Sugar - 3g
Protein - 11g

Cookie Butter Glaze with Fudge Goldfish (5 Goldfish)
Cal - 41

Fat - 1g
Carbs - 5g
Sugar - 5g
Protein - 0

So, the Protein all resides in the Doughnut itself, at least on the ones that I tried. The protein is a Whey Protein Isolate (Wheat Gluten, Lactic Acid, Sulfite). Also this products DOES contain eggs, milk, tree nuts, wheat & Soy, so if have any allergies bear this in mind. Sure 11g is not the greatest protein intake, but your getting it from a doughnut! Depending on how your macro's are for the day, you can even have 2. The doughnuts are also baked and not fried. Nice thing is these are delivered on Mondays only, so made fresh weekly. One thing to note is, they have a shelf life of 9 days if left at room temperature, but can last longer if put in the fridge. I had one for 10 days in the fridge and was still fresh!

Taste: Oh this was soooooo good. I mean I grew up eating Dunkin Donuts, so I love me some donuts. The Cookie Butter was delicious, and the Cake Batter was great as well. It does not taste like a doughnut from DD or Krispy Kreme, you can taste that its a homemade doughnut, which I like. Very easy to eat.

Mixability: The toppings are in separate containers, already allocated in amounts per doughnut in the box. 5 seconds in the microwave and you are good to go, comes with easy to follow instructions.

Dosing: Up to you! I only ever had 1 per sitting, every day or two. It does not quite fill you up, but a nice snack to get your taste buds fired up again. I mean this tries to be as macro friendly as possible, but if you crush a box of 4, then well, you are defeating the purpose!!

I can only really gage effectiveness on how it filled me up versus a regular doughnut. This feels more filling than a DD or K Kreme doughnut, and is perfect for a snack! Sometimes I eat this doughnut instead of my nightly Casein shake, and I go to bed happy. Great taste, decent macro's, filling for a snack, so effective in its use! Like anything else, this will only be effective if you show self restraint and eat 1 - 2 per day depending on your macro availability. I would like to see more protein that 11g per Doughnut, but it is what it is. Basically its effective to round out your already healthy day!

Okay, this is where it hurts! You get what you pay for though right? The company offers a ton of varieties, so I can break a couple down. Your 4 pack of flavors averages between 15 - 16 dollars or $3.75 to $4 dollars per doughnut. You can buy 8 packs with a variety of them, still comes out to $3.75 a doughnut. Different flavors are different prices. So yes, you are paying a bit more for this versus a protein bar or something, but man its worth it if you wanna shake things up. The shipping is also an issue, and is a flat rate of 9 bucks in Continental U.S., Alaska & Hawaii. So not something I would keep around all the time, but not bad for every once in a while. Combining it all together it would average out to be $6 - $6.25 per donut on the 4 packs, if you count in the shipping cost, which you may as well since it is not available elsewhere. So yeah, pricy!

Side Effects

None, it only makes you want to eat more and more because they are so damn good!

Conclusion

You may have freaked out when you saw I am trying to review Doughnuts on SR, but this really is a great alternative for some quick Protein that is fairly macro friendly. Not something you would have around every day, and it is expensive, but worth it if you have those sweet tooth cravings, or if your like me and always finding new and fun ways to get some protein, then give it a shot! The 2 flavors I had are so good, I can only imagine what the others are like. Great variety of flavoring, and you can even just order the doughnuts bare. Though limited as they only ship on Mondays, but at least you know they are fresh when you get them! My wife bought these for me for our wedding anniversary, which I thought was the perfect gift. For the rest of your protein needers and lovers out there, not a bad idea!

The only place I know of that sells them is their website, so check it out if you like: https://www.doughbardoughnuts.com/pages/frontpage
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Amazing Taste
  • Decent Protein Per Serving
  • Filling For A Snack
  • Limited Availability

I am 37 years old and lift 5-6 days a week in the Gym. I take BCAAs very serious, because to me they truly do reduce my recovery time and aid in diminishing DOMS. Without the aid of an effective BCAA product, I suffer from DOMS given that I spend half the week on strength training and the other half of the week doing Hypertrophy, it all adds up! I received RSP Amino Lean by accident when I signed up to review a tub of Fast Fuel. RSP of course re sent out the Fast Fuel, so I got the benefit of trying this one out as well. Technically this is not my first TROOPer mission review, but its close and I wanted to of course say THANK YOU to RSP and SR for making this happen! Now, formalities out of the way, on to the honest review:

Oh the dreaded Prop Blends. The ingredient list on Amino Lean are a combination of 3 different proprietary blends. There is the Amino Acid Blend, Weight Management Blend, and the Natural Energy and Focus Blend. Lets go over these one by one with the sub ingredients in each. Keep in mind the serving size here is 2 scoops, so this is per 2 scoops.

The overall Amino Acid blend contains 5,000mg of the 3 x BCAAs and 11 other Amino Acids. I prefer the standard 2:1:1 ratio of BCAAs alone with a minimum of 5g (that seems to be the sweet spot for me), but this has 5g of a whole lot of other amino acids as well. Not to make this review complete overkill, but I went ingredient by ingredient so I could try and understand RSP's mindset of adding such a blend here.

Leucine/Isoleucine/Valine: Branch Chain Amino Acids, Leucine is there to burn fat, Isoleucine increases endurance and aids in recovery, and Valine promotes normal growth, repairs tissues, and provides the body with energy. Since these are 3 of 14 ingredients in this blend, I can surmise that this is severely under dosed for a BCAA/EAA product.
Taurine: Conditional Amino Acid (can be manufactured by the body) said to treat congestive heart failure, high blood pressure, liver disease, ADHD, and diabetes. This feels like a filler for this products purpose.
Beta-Alanine (Carnosyn): Non Essential Amino Acid that may aid in improving athletic performance and exercise capacity and building lean muscle mass. I never felt the tingles using this, no matter the dosage, so this is also under dosed.
Glutamine: Amino Acid used to aid in recovery and digestive issues.
Citrulline: Non Essential Amino Acid that boosts Nitric Oxide (NO) in the body.
Arginine: Amino Acid that converts into NO and stimulates the release of the Growth Hormone, insulin and other substances in the body.
Tyrosine: Amino Acid that helps aid in mental alertness
Histidine: Amino Acid involved in a wide range of metabolic processes in the body.
Lysine Hydrochloride: Essential Amino Acid typically used to build muscle protein and aid in recovery.
Phenylalanine: Amino Acid that is said to improve focus
Threonine: Amino Acid typically used to treat nervous system disorders. The AA changes into Glycine in the body and works in the brain to reduce constant and unwanted muscle contractions.
Methionine: Amino Acid to help prevent liver damage.

The Weight Management Blend totals 1,500m and includes:
CLA Powder: Group of chemicals found in fatty acid linoleic acid that may help reduce body fat deposits and improve immune function. If you take CLA by itself you would range from 800mg to 2.4g daily, so this is one component of 4, so while intentions are good here, its likely under dosed.
Carnitine Tartrate: Amino Acid to help the body produce energy
Green Tea Extract: Improve mental alertness and thinking
Green Coffee Extract: Coffee beans that have not been roasted; aid in weight loss because it affects how the body handles blood sugar and metabolism

The Natural Energy and Focus blend contain 130mg of Caffeine and Theobromine. The two products used in conjunction with one another stimulates your nervous system, keeping you more alert and awake. It is possible this combination can also make you agitated and more anxious, though I had none of these issues, something to keep in mind to those sensitive to caffeine, though this is a very low dose equaling about a cup of coffee.

The blends here seem to be trying to do way to much and there is no strict focus here. While most of the ingredients are nice additions to have, they are all very under dosed to truly be effective, we will get to effectiveness down below. To me, RSP could have just taken this blend of ingredients and made multiple products, giving them the ability to up the dosage of each instead of trying this all in one product. Overall, since these are all prop blends and under dosed I give the ingredient profile a 4 out of 10, and to me that is almost being generous, but there was nothing truly unsafe in here, and the intentions were good.

Taste: I received the Blackberry Pomegranate. Its not a bad flavor at all, not sweet and is subtle, so you can drink it easily. The taste will not excite you either but very drinkable.
Mixability: Mixes real easily, no issues here at all. I mixed this by itself and with Green Vibrance as well as Super Carb on different occasions and never had any issues.
Dosing: The Label reads "Mix 2 scoops of AminoLean in 8-10 fl oz of cold water." Yup no issues here very simple. There is also a chart on the label showing # of servings, # of scoops based off the energy intensity. The recommended use are still 2 scoops, with lower doses (2 scoops) in the evenings and higher doses in the mornings or on training days. You can dose this anywhere from 2-6 scoops, but not to exceed 8 scoops in a 24 hour period. I tried 1 serving (2 scoops) and 2 servings (4 scoops) at different times, which we will talk about in the effectiveness.

Overall, I do not think this product did anything for me at all. At least nothing that I noticed. With such low dosages and trying to be an all in one product, you almost have to supplement this supplement with something else and with higher doses to be effective. I will talk effectiveness from the product claims and how I tried to dose this.

Support Lean Muscle Recovery: As long as I was taking another supplement that contained BCAAs with this, it worked fine, but as a stand alone BCAA supplement it did not do anything for me, and DOMS kicked my butt leading me to longer recovery periods.

Build Lean Muscle, Increase Energy & Endurance, and Burn Fat: I experienced none of these effects at all.

Taken Intra Workout: I initially took AminoLean to replace my Intrablast, as I enjoy drinking my BCAAs intraworkout. I combined this with NutraBio Super Carb during my workouts and had no real noticeable effects at all. I did however experience a crash post workout which I attribute to the caffeine I got from taking Pre-Jym PWO and more added caffeine during the workout. I was only taking 1 dose (2 scoops), but after two workouts like this I had to move how I dosed this so i could actually function at work during the day, since I workout first thing in the morning.

Mid-Day with Green Vibrance: I moved to taking this around 3pm in the afternoon to mix in with my Green Vibrance, since I typically mix BCAA to hide the god awful Green Vibrance taste. It does a good job at masking the taste, but again I felt no energy boost at all, even mid day.

2 servings or 4 scoops: I tried Intra workout at 4 scoops and mid day at 4 scoops. Intraworkout i took the 4 scoops alone, no PWO no Super Carb, and again felt nothing, not even beta alanine tingles. Mid day at 4 scoops, same verdict, nothing.

Since I got this free, I had to do some Google-Fu to check the prices on this. Currently you can get it from bodybuilding.com for $19.97 for 30 servings (67 cents a serving) and get a second container at 50% off. Amazon has similar price point without the special. All in all its a nice cheap Amino Acid product, but I take this section as not just value monetarily but are you getting what you pay for. I personally would not buy this product, nor can I recommend you do the same. Yes its cheap, but with no effectiveness, its paying for nothing in my opinion.

Side Effects

None at all.

Conclusion

All in all, this product had absolute zero effect on me, and caused me to crash and be very tired taken in conjunction with a PWO and first thing in the morning. I appreciate the opportunity to review this product, but I cannot recommend this to anyone. Of course, keep in mind everyone reacts differently to supplements so this is not a one size fits all situation, but this did not work for me. I see what RSP is trying to do here with this 3 in 1 product, but its very low dosed to be effective at anything. Its barely a jack of all trades and definitely not a master of one. I would like to see the blends moved to stand alone products and their dosage moved up to really be effective.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Affordable
  • Blends
  • Not A Lot Of Energy
  • Ineffective Doses
  • Low BCAA Dosage No Increase In Recovery

I am 37 years old and lift weights 5-6 times a week. I have been in the Army for the last 18 years, and as a result of all deployments and the constant physical activities, I have accrued some significant joint problems in my left ankle and left shoulder, due to previous injuries. I was excited to see a multivitamin with added joint support. This was the first Controlled Labs product that I have ever used, even though I have heard of the brand for many years, and was fairly happy with this multi overall.

Okay, there are a ton of things in...

Okay, there are a ton of things in this multivitamin and it would be truly difficult to talk about each ingredient one by one, nor would I think anyone would want to read it. It contains 26 ingredients and 3 proprietary blends. I will cover the ones that are most important to my daily intake, the prop blends, and the ones that stood out to me.

I use my fitness pal at times to log in my daily intake of food and supplements, to see where I stand in getting my daily intake. The ingredients in Orange Triad are fairly similar to what you will see in other multivitamins. Based off the daily dose (6 tablets), and the standard 2,000 calorie diet, you will get 100% of Vitamin A, 1,000% of Vitamin C, 25% Calcium, and 50mg of Potassium per serving. On top of these basic ingredients, Orange Triad also has 2,000 IU (500%) of Vitamin D, which helps the body absorb Calcium and Phosphate in turn leading to healthier bones, muscles and teeth. The main source of Vitamin D is from the sun, but If you are like me and live in Washington State, we do not get much sunshine in the winter months (October - April), so likely we are lacking Vitamin D from our diet without a Multi Vitamin. Another important ingredient to me is B12, which helps to fight depression. Washington State is known as one of the most "depressed" states in America due to the lack of sun in the winter times, and the constant rain, I personally do not mind it, but it tells me that Vitamin B12 is an important one to maintain in your diet, especially in a multi. Orange Triad has 600 mcg, which is 10,000% of your daily dose. You may be saying, Holy Crap Chris, is that dangerous getting that much per day? This quote from my googling will answer that question "This vitamin is not toxic, so you don't have to worry that too much could be harmful. In fact, fatigue (as well as memory loss, balance problems, constipation and depression) are more likely to be symptoms of a B12 deficiency than of getting too much of it." This pill also contains Zinc (30mg, 200%) and Magnesium (100mg, 25%) which are great to have in your diet. Zinc is found in most multivitamins, but I do not think people understand its importance. Zinc deficiency is common around the world, and can lead to feeling tired, unable to heal wounds, poor concentration, and constantly getting sick. The recommended dose for adults is 11mg for males and 9mg for females of Zinc per day, so Orange Triad answers the mail on your daily Zinc. The benefits of Zinc are wide ranging from supporting liver health, to fighting diabetes, aiding is muscle growth and repair, and fighting of illnesses. It is said that you can safely take up to 40mg of Zinc per day, so yes this has a high level of Zinc, and its worth paying attention to your diet to ensure you do not exceed 40mg. Greater than 40mg per day can cause your body your body do decrease its copper intake which can lead to anemia. Ok, let me get off my Zinc soapbox here. One of the main benefits in Magnesium to is to aid in maintaining proper blood pressure. I suffer form High Blood Pressure, so any help with Magnesium in my body, I will take. The RDA for Magesium for a 31-50 year old male is 420mg and 320mg for a female in that age group. 25mg are in Orange Triad, and Magnesium is found in most food sources. I think this is a good balance for your diet, since you do not want to get too high of daily doses of Magnesium (or any vitamin in general) to create an imbalance in your body.

This product does contain 3 prop blends, which I am not a fan of, and reading enough reviews on this site, no one here is. The prop blends are a Joint Complex, Flex Complex, and Digestion and Immune Complex. The Joint Complex contains 2,000mg of Glucosamin sulfate and Chondroltin Sulfate. Of course we do not know the exact amounts of each ingredient. These are important in joint repair and recovery, and its nice to have in a Multi Vitamin, we will talk about how this made my old achy joints feel in the effectiveness section. The Flex Complex contains 1,550mg of MSM, Bromelain, and Hyaluronic Acid. These ingredients also help in Joint repair and pain, but again unknown how much of each is in here. Finally the Digestive and Immune complex contains 12 different ingredients totaling 1,275mg. We will talk this in effectiveness section as well.

Orange Triad also contains 500mcg of Boron. Boron is pretty great as it can aid in bulding muscle, increase testosterone levels, and build strong bones. Fun Fact, Boron was use from 1870 to 1920 as a food preservative, also in World War I and World War II. History lesson complete. Large daily doses of Boron is extremely unsafe, but a large dose being 20mg. Daily intake of Boron is recommended between .25mg to 3.25mg bases off the standard 2,000 calorie diet. Half a dose (3 pills) of Orange Triad puts you in the minimum daily Boron dose. Personally, I would like to see the Boron dose up to at least 1mg in Orange Triad. Finally, Orange Triad contains 10mcg of Vandium. Vanadium aids in fighting diabetes, preventing cancer, and aids in athletic performance. Large daily doses of Vanadium can result in Kidney damage, large being 1.8mg per day. 6 - 18 mcg is recommended daily dose, so once again Orange Triad finds that happy middle ground with this multi. Nice addition.

There is no taste to this, since it is a pill and I chose not to chew it up to find out how "amazing? The tatse could be. Mixability is not applicable. For Dosing, Orange Triad hits one of my pet peeves (which I am slowly getting over) of having to take pills multiple times in a day. I normally like to take my Multi with breakfast and be done with it. This is just a personal issue of mine, and not a knock on the product at all. This requires 3 tablets, twice per day. On the days, I remembered I would take 3 at breakfast and 3 at dinner. The directions recommend starting with 1 tablet per day to assess your tolerance, but I chose to ignore this and jumped right in to 3 pills, twice a day. I had no issues with it, but if you are sensitive to supplements or are unsure, I would take this serious and get your tolerance set up first. Honestly, in my opinion, its up to you on the daily dose of this product. I think 3 pills per day are sufficient if you have a halfway decent diet, and 6 pills per day are there for the cherry on top. So, it's nice having this option as well, basing this pill off you daily vitamin needs. The size of the pills may appear large for some people, I would call them medium size, its obviously based off the person. I had not problem popping 3 in my mouth and swallowing them together, though at times it did feel hard to swallow and required just that extra gulp of water. I included a picture of the pills with a dollar bill for your reference in its size.

Okay, so I cannot sit here and explain to you that this Mult Vitamin was very effective or not. It's a vitamin supplement that really is a long term game. What I do know is that while taking Orange Triad I was not sick once. I will talk the effectiveness of the product based off the claims of the product which states it is a Multi-Vitamin, Joint, Digestion & Immune Formula.
Multi-Vitamin: As a Multi by itself, I think it's a great product with all the ingredients you need to match your daily vitamin requirements. It is faily standard compard with other Multi's but I do enjoy having the addition of Boron and Vanadium, and the high dose of Vitamin D and B12. As I said in the ingredients section, I would like to see Boron bumped up to at least 1mg. No other issues here.

Joint: Disclaimer, I got this multi as part of a stack, and did not buy it for the Joint Support. When I got Orange Triad, I thought the Joint complex was a nice addition for a guy like me. Now I originally started taking this in addition to Omega 3 by Jym, and jacked up shoulder and ankle felt great, with none of the normal aches and pains I get from lifting a lot. I was very happy. However, once I ran out of the Jym Fish Oil, and switched to Intelligent Labs Omega 3, the aches came back. So, I can officially say that Orange Triad by itself does not aid much in my joint pain. Now, I do not know if it was the combination of Orange Triad and Jym Fish Oil, or if it was Jyms Fish Oil by itself. So I can't completely knock the Joint Complex. End of the day, this is a great multi, but for true joint relief you need to have something more specifically geared towards Joint maintenance.

Digestion & Immune: I have never had digestion issues, so I can't really say if Orange Triad helped, but it sure didn't hurt. As far as my immune system goes, I was not sick once while taking this Multi. Considering in January this year I got hit with Pneumonia and Strep all at once, I was happy to not have any more f'd up illnesses.

I got Orange Triad as part of a stack from bodybuilding.com. The bottle of 45 servings cost me $26.25 which comes out to 58 cents a day, of you dose it at 6 pills. I was moving back and forth from 3 - 6 pills daily, so the 45 servings lasted me around 65 days. So to me this is a great value for a product with a ton of great ingredients at good dosage levels. Great Value. Sure you can get 200 servings of Centrum Men's Multi for like 17 bucks, but if you look at the ingredients there is no comparison, it has half of what Orange Triad has. You get what you pay for at a great value here.

Side Effects

None at all, unless you count green/yellowish pee color, which is standard for just about any multi. I did find that I had to pee a lot after I took my Orange Triad, but I also took it after my workouts which consists of Intra Blas (which is a super hydrater) and a ton of water, so likely not really a by product of Orange Triad. But I will mention it just in case its an issue for others.

Conclusion

Bottom Line is Orange Triad is a pretty amazing Mult-Vitamin. For many years, I just skimped on my Multi-Vitamins with the cheap stuff such as Centrum, and this was one of the first Multi's I have taken by a supplement company that tailors to the athletic world. The presence of 3 prop blends in this product do not make me happy at all, especially because I would like to see how much actual doses are in each ingredient in the Joint and Flex Complex. For Joint aid, this did not do much for me, but IU also have pretty severe joint issues. Overall, this is a great supplement for everyone out there, and I highly recommend you try this out! I was so happy with this product, that I am now trying other Controlled Lab products (currently taking Green Magnitude). Nice work on this Controlled Labs!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Full Of Neccesary Vitamins
  • Immune Complex
  • Digestive Complex
  • Has A Full 45 Day Supply
  • Joint Complex Was Ineffective
  • Split Dosing
  • Prop Blends

I am 37 years old, and hit the gym 5-6 days per week. I was looking for a good Casein Protein to round out my stack and for the obvious benefits of getting a slow digesting release of protein while I slept. I only use Casein when I need that extra Protein before bed, so it really depended on how my diet for the day went. As you will see with this review, this protein does its job, but is very underwhelming. Lets read on, shall we?

First lets talk the Amino Acid Profile. This product claims to have 25g of Amino Acids: 5.4g BCAA, 5.9g Other EAAs, 5.1g Glutamine, 2.5 Other CEAAs, and 6.2g Non-EAAs. So we can use our investigating skills and only know the BCAA breakdown, since it states 2.3g Leucine on the label, that means that it has 1.55g of Isolecuine and Valine. I kept looking for a better breakdown, and wanted to know WHICH of the AAs are in this product, and in small writing it says Full Amino Acid Profile can be found at: Dymatize.com/EliteCasein. I was like sweet, i can do some interwebbing, and there we can actually see the breakdown. I included it in a picture. With this we can see my detective skills were wrong and its actually 2.324g Leucine, 1.335g Isoleucine, and 1.703 Valine.

So lets talk the other ingredients. The Calories, Total Fat, Cholesterol, Sodium, Potassium, and Carbs are all slightly higher when compared to the top brands on this site for Casein such as ON and Nutrabio. While Dymatize does beat out ON with Protein content by 1g, Nutrabio surpasses Dymatize by 6.65g. Sodium seems high to me as well, but I can see that even ON has higher sodium content. Its not so much that it ruins your daily allocation, but something to keep in mind, because this tends to push me over my daily recommended sodium intake at times. With other products on the playing field like Nutrabio Casein with 30mg of Sodium this seems unnecessary at this point.

Reading older reviews from years back, I saw one concerned with the ingredient Soy Lecithin, which is made up as part of the Sunflower Creamer in the fine print. After some research on the matter I see that there is a ton of debate on Soy Lecithin and Soy in general. Bottom Line is its not likely you will have 5% of Soy Lecithin in your diet, so it should not be a problem at all. Of course, we have no idea the dosage in this product, so you are still technically rolling the dice. I still completed 2.2lbs of this baby, I think I am still Good to go!! :) If this bothers you then definitely steer clear of the product.

End of the day, I feel that having to go to a website to check out the AA breakdown, the seemingly poor quality of every ingredient, and a substance that causes great debate in this world, the ingredient profile is not good. I would rate this at 3 out of 10 alone!

Taste: Got the Cinnamon Bun flavor, and it was an amazing taste! This was like a treat that I looked forward too at night, it tasted like a nice guilty pleasure. There was a very very minor chalky aftertaste, but hardly noticeable.

Mixability: This always appears to mix easily at first, but always clumped at the bottom slightly. I tend to have to shake it up again before every sip, and still have this clumping problem. No matter which shaker I used (the one with the ball in it or the one with the vent on top) same issue. Not even hot water would get rid of this clump, I always had to get a sponge and wipe it out. This was irritating especially because I drank this with my ZMA before bed, and wanted to go upstairs to sleep and not mess around with jamming my hand which does not fit into the shaker, into the said shaker to wipe it out. Its just too thick! I know that this is common in Casein, but just something that bugged me.

Dosing: I took one scoop around 30-60 minutes before bed. The instructions call for basically whenever you want with 10-12 oz of water. I typically did around 12oz of water, i do that with most supplements. No issues with the doses.

Gaging the effectiveness of any type of Protein is always a challenge. This is where the product did decently in my eyes, i am sure the rest of the paragraphs seem very doom and gloom. Bear in mind with my current diet, Casein is not an every night event for me, I plugged it in on the days I needed more Protein. Hence why 26 servings lasted me 45 days. The nights I did take this I would wake up not full, but not hungry either. The nights I did not take this I would wake up pretty hungry, almost even Hangry. The fact that I woke up slightly full proves to me that it is slow digesting. So end of the day it does its job.

I bought this in a stack from bodybuilding.com. If you have read my other reviews you will notice i say this about most of the products, because this is one of the last products left in that stack (Spoiler Alert: the other being Orange Triad, review Coming Soon to an SR Near you). I paid $26.25 for 2lbs of this which is about 26 servings. This comes out to $1.01 per serving. This is a bit steep in my opinion, especially for a Casein that appears very standard and almost sub par to me. EDIT: Thanks to advice from Smashley, I did do a review and price comparison of prices of Casein. This is around one of the cheapest deals you can find, so it is decent value. I still only give it a 7, when I start combining value with quality. I am a big quality over quantity guy. Thanks Smashley!

Side Effects

This does give me some funky smelling gas at night, which I am sure made my wife and dog very pleased. Well maybe my dog liked it, who knows, who am I to get in the head of a dog!! This of course is dependent person to person, just one small issue for me, very minor also, so no big deal here.

Conclusion

Bottom Line is, yes this Casein does its job for a nice tasting, slow digesting Night Time Protein. The Ingredients leave a lot to be desired, and should be tweaked and made more efficient if this wants to be a competitor in this realm. Taste is phenomenal, mixability could use some work, and it appeared to be effective, from what I could surmise. The value is a bit steep, it seems your paying a lot for low quality. I am glad I did a lot of research, thanks to joining SR (its making me smarter), because originally I loved the taste and if this was consistent in my stack, then I would be on my second 2.2lb tub. I am moving to a cutting diet this summer and will incorporate Casein regularly in my diet, and this product will not be considered. I will never buy this again. Its not enough for me NOT to recommend it, but its enough for me to give it a Meh. If you get this at a cheap rate or Free, then rock it out, the Soy Lecithin won't hurt you (its in a ton of daily products), but when you have options that don't have a BS ingredients or fillers, then go that route!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Filling
  • Clumping
  • Uses GMO Ingredients
  • High Sodium

I lift 5-6 days a week and will typically drink 2-3 shakes of Protein a day. I have become a fan of Jym products recently with their high quality ingredients and transparency on their labels. This was the first blended protein I tried vs using Whey and Casein. Of note, this falls under WHEY Protein on the site, when it should be under Blended.

Overall you get 24g of Protein per scoop. The Protein breakdown is 7.5g Whey Protein Isolate, 7g Micellar Casein, 7g Milk Protein Isolate, and 2.5g Egg White Protein. So that breaks down to 50% Whey, 40% Casein, and 10% egg proteins. Each scoop also contains 140 calories, which is not too bad in my opinion. As always with Jym products, all ingredients are listed out on the label (see included pictures) and each ingredient is of high quality (at least it always feels that way with the results and taste). The ingredients here are pretty standard for a blend, and there is nothing that makes it Stand out from the rest. I took a look at Ronnie Colemans Pro Antium, and it contains 5g of Creatine, and ingredients like that make it stand out from the competition.

Taste: So I tried two flavors while running my last stack, they were Cookies n Cream and Red Velvet Cake. The Cookies n Cream was INSANE, and was the best tasting protein I have ever had. I only had 2lbs of it and loved it so much I went ahead and ordered 4lbs of Red Velvet Cake. I love all things Red Velvet, and this was disappointing. I am not sure why I thought a Protein and Red Velvet Cake should be a great combo, but I learned my lesson. It was not great, it was not bad, it was just bland, but very drinkable. It did not knock my socks off like Cookies n Cream.

Mixability: The directions recommend 6-12oz water per scoop. I tried it with around 8-10oz at first, and found that it was clumpy at the bottom still. I used between 12-16oz of water on average, and had no issues with clumping or bottom residue. So, my advice is to use a minimum of 12oz water.

Dosing: I used one scoop upon wakeup, which was also my Pre workout, since I workout first thing in the morning. I used another scoop post workout. The directions recommend one scoop upon wakeup, one scoop pre workout, one scoop post workout, and one scoop before bed. It also states you can use 1-2 scoops between meals. I supplement my protein between meals with a Protein Bar, or more recently a Lenny & Larry Cookie. So nothing out of the ordinary here, just use as normal.

Ok, so disclaimer here is i used this protein in a stack with a multivitamin, fish oil, creatine, PWO, and BCAAs. I did end up gaining around 8 pounds of lean muscle in 6.2 lbs of use of this protein, which took around 38 days. I was on a new workout program as well that does more lifting than I am used to and I did not do any cardio due to previous injuries. So there are obviously a lot of factors at play here, but what I can say is this Protein did its job. I did not lose weight and this protein truly did supplement my diet, but getting my clean, quality protein first thing in the morning and post workout, when it is truly important. I imagine everyone has a hard time reviewing protein and saying, Yes, this did the job by itself, but it did not do anything negative. So if you are looking to give this a shot, you should, its good, quality protein.

This becomes one of the biggest sticking points of the product. I got 2lbs of Cookies n Cream from BB.com in a stack for $29.54, so thats roughly 25 servings, and comes out to $1.18 per serving. I then bought 4lb of Red Velvet Cake flavor from Amazon for $55.06, roughly 50 servings, coming out to about $1.10 per serving. So buying in bulk really only saves you 8 cents per serving, a couple bucks essentially. Comparing this to Ronnie Colemans Pro Antium, the price is about the same, but as i said in ingredients at least Pro Antium has stand out ingredients such as Creatine, to make it a little more bang for your buck rather than standard proteins. If you were to use the recommended servings per day, about 4, this product would not last long at all. So, yes this is expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Side Effects

None at all.

Conclusion

Overall, this Protein Blend did its job. There is nothing included in this blend that makes it stand out from the rest, its your basic ingredients of a blended protein. This feels of high quality, and is pretty expensive. I would recommend this product if your looking for a high quality blended protein and you had some extra money to burn. I will likely go back to Whey Protein Isolate and Casein proteins after this, and likely will not try this again unless there is a great deal out there!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste Great
  • Good Profile
  • Tastes Good
  • Transparent Blend
  • A Bit Pricey

I am 37 years old and lift 5-6 times a week. This was the first product by Carbon that I had ever used and it came in a stack deal from bodybuilding.com. I am currently on a program that runs in 8 day cycles, with 1-2 rest days per 8 day period, so having a BCAA that aids in recovery is a big deal to me. This product did not disappoint, so without further ado, lets get into it!!

The notable ingredients in this product are Leucine (4g), Citrulline Malate (3g), Valine (2g), Isoleucine (2g), Carnitine L-Tartrate (as Carnipure) (1g), and Cherry Pure Tart Cherry Powder (480mg). Finding this ratio of 2:1:1 Leucine:Valine:Isoleucine is not uncommon in BCAA products, and fairly standard. Comparing Recover to my current BCAA (Intrablast by Nutrabio), Recover has a little bit more per serving that Intrablast which is nice and truly does aid in DOMS recovery, which we will get into below under effectiveness. The presence of Citrulline Malate is a nice addition, as some other BCAA products I have used typically do not include this, and I read about how essential Citrulline Malate truly is to reduce muscle soreness. The Carnipure and Cherry Powder also aid in recovery.

I tried the Blueberry Pomegranate flavor, and I thought it tasted great. If you do not like Blueberry Pomegranate to begin with, you will probably not like it, so obviously get whichever flavor suits you best. I found I had to shake Recover a little extra to ensure it mixed correctly with no remnants on the bottom, but I typically shake up my shakes a ton prior to drinking it, and during, its mostly an OCD thing on my part. Dosing is simple as its recommended one scoop with 10-12 oz of water, during or after training. I used this immediately after training and it worked out fine. I would recommend sticking with at least 10 oz of water for flavor and mixability ease. I did not try any less water, so cannot say for sure it would mix poorly, but I typically like to use a lot of water with my BCAAs.

I used this in a stack with a multivitamin, creatine, fish oil, blend protein, and a PWO. I started a new workout program (Project Mass on bb.com) when I got this stack and it was a lot more intense with lifting than most programs I have done in the past. I was certain, that no matter what I took I was goingt o be sore as hell, but honestly, as long as I took Recover it truly was not an issue. The first week I did feel slight DOMS (of course) but by week 2 of my program and of Recover it truly seemed to buff out and I actually got used to very minor soreness. I at no point had DOMS to the point where I could not work out when I was supposed to. So, overall, effectiveness was great. I cannot be certain that this product does aid in lean body mass, aiding in muscle protein synthesis, or support androgen receptor density in muscle cells, but what I CAN be certain is that this product will no kidding reduce DOMS and aid in muscle recovery. Very effective product, and the quality of the ingredients seem to be one of the top when it comes to the world of BCAAs.

Like I had said, this came as part of a stack from bodybuilding.com and it cost me $24.49 for a 30 day supply coming out to 82 cents a serving. Not bad and not great in my opinion if you look at it from a purely money stand point. If you combine this price with the effectiveness and quality of this product, then its a great deal in my opinion. You can even see deals on this product right now as bodybuilding has this at 20% off currently coming out to $21.59 for a 30 day supply, so an even better deal than I got. So there should be no reason you cannot get a great value or deal on this product.

Side Effects

I had no side effects using Recover. If you count the ability to hit the gym 5-6 days a week without muscle soreness crushing you and hurting your workouts, then its a positive side effect.

Conclusion

I have of course heard of Layne Norton, but not his product line of Carbon before. Reading the title of the product, Carbon Recovery, and seeing how simple the product label was, I was a little unsure at first because it almost seemed to be a generic BCAA. This was some weird subliminal thing on my part, but after using the 30 day supply of Recovery, I can say without a doubt that this product has to be one of the best BCAAs on the market today. So do not let your silly subliminal mind fool you if it needs some flashy label and name, because its like the saying "Never judge a book by its cover." That remains true fact, and after trying a few other BCAA products, just to broaden my experience, I plan to move back to Carbon Recover in the future. I am even tempted to expand my horizons on the Carbon line as a whole thanks to Recovery. So thank you to Layne Norton for a high quality and very effective BCAA product and I recommend to anyone that has not tried this that needs some serious recovery help to go give this a shot, you will not be disappointed.
  • Increased Recovery
  • Great Value

I am a 37 year old who lifts 5-6 days a week. Fish Oil is known to us in the Military as the Miracle Pill, since it is said it does so much for you! Most of this is not proven, but effects are best seen with long term use. Fish Oil can aid with things like Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) to better memory, to high blood pressure etc.. It does a whole lot!! Omega Jym is one of the most high quality and very effective Omega 3's I have taken in the years.

Omega Jym breaks down the Omega 3's in the following way: 750mg DHA, 750mg EPA, and 150mg DPA per serving (2 pills), and you should take it twice a day giving you a daily total of 1500mg DHA/EPA and 300mg DPA. It is said that you should aim for at least 500mg per serving of EPA/DHA with the goal of gatting 1,000 - 2,000mg of EPA/DHA daily. This pill does that perfectly giving you the nice daily totals for maximum effect. One thing to note is, like all other Jym products I have taken, this product spells out the amounts and types of Omega 3's in the pills instead of saying what i typically see of OTHER Omega-3 Fatty Acids listed. Nice transparency! I am currently taking Intelligent Labs Ultra Pure Omega-3, which only gives you 816mg DHA, 1224mg EPA, and OTHER Omega-3 Fatty Acids of 210mg per day. Realistically, after this comparison, I will likely go back to Omega Jym after this, I just wanted to try the #1 Fish Oil on the site to see what all the hooplah is about.

This is probably my only complaint of the product, and its just a personal preference. I HATE taking pills more than once a day, I have a hard time remembering to take it during lunch or dinner, while I never forget in the morning. The directions are take two soft gels twice daily with meals. While its no big deal for most people, I like to take my pills once a day in the morning. If you have better habits than me and have no issue with taking pills twice a day, then this is not even an issue!

It is hard to judge the effectiveness of Fish Oil, because the effects are so long term and subtle. Omega Jym claims to aid in Health, Brain Power, and Circulatory Support. What I can say, is i felt great while taking this and was not sick or anything weird. So I cannot say for a fact that it aided in any of this, but I did see my blood pressure drop slightly, and my memory did not get any worse. I have had 6 x TBIs int he last 18 years, so I take this pill very serious, and I did not see any degradation. I have found that if I do not take Fish Oil I do start to forget words here and there rarely, and my short term memory sucks! One thing I did notice, and its hard to say if its because of this or my Multivitamin (Orange Triad) is no Joint Pain. I have a bad left shoulder and bad left ankle, that always tend to hurt after lifting for a few weeks. The 30 days of taking this, i had NO joint pain, which was awesome for me. Since I have switched Fish Oil pills, my shoulder and ankle are starting to ache again, so this proves that the Fish Oil had a lot to do with it!

I got this as part of a stack on bodybuilding.com for $18.13 for a 30 days supply, which comes out to 60 cents a day, or 30 cents per serving. For the transparency and high quality of Omega 3's per serving, I say this is an awesome deal. For the most part Jym products are reasonably priced, and they all come with such quality, you truly get what you pay for at a minimum, and you really get a bang for your buck!

Side Effects

The one thing i noticed is if I took this after I ate breakfast or Dinner, I would have those unfortunate Fish Taste Burps. I found if I took it before I ate I would not have those burps. So that is the easy fix!

Conclusion

Fish Oil aka the Miracle Pill, is very important for anyone and everyone no matter what you do in life. Omega Jym gives you high quality and the perfect amounts of Omega 3's you need for maximum effect daily. While this pill may not be perfect (have to take it twice a day, fish burps are possible) it really is a great deal and shows you all the ingredients in each serving. End of the day, I will be moving back to this pill in the near future, and while effectiveness is tough to judge, this will give you the long term effects you want/desire from Fish Oil. This is a Must Buy and Must Try for anyone out there!
    • Helps With Joint Pain