DaSlaya

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by DaSlaya

October 11, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Ingredient Profile
  • Fully Disclosed With Protein Breakdown
  • Good Digestibility
  • Can Be Expensive
  • High Sodium

A blended protein with a fully disclosed label. I enjoyed the Cookie Stuffed Cookie flavor and you can get a fair deal on this currently since it looks to be on closeout. This worked well for my needs.

39 years old and I lift 4-5 days a week. Protein is something that I would say the majority of people that work out take on a daily basis. I always like to keep a blended protein in my stack to take post workout. When I saw MAN Sports come out with the Cookie Stuffed Cookie flavor for Clean Protein, I had to give it a shot considering I absolutely love their flavors of ISO-Protein. Let us see how clean this protein truly was.

The most important part of any protein supplement out there are the macros, and for me the sodium content. Each 37.5g scoop nets you 130 calories, 1g fat, 6g carbs, 25g protein, and 280mg of sodium. My only gripe on the macro's here is the amount of Sodium. For most people this is not a big deal, but I have to limit my intake to 1500mg a day (unless I want to be a diabetic when I am older) so this is a big chunk first thing in the morning.

Now let us break down the protein itself. Clean Protein comes with a fully transparent label so it breaks this all down for you including an Amino Acid profile. I will talk about each protein individually just in case you are the person that is confused why there are so many variants.

Whey Protein Concentrate (9g): This is cross-flow micro-filtered, cold processed & instantized WPC 80 Yielding 6.93g complete protein. This is your "standard/cheap" type protein you will see more often than not and is there to repair and build muscle.

Whey Protein Isolate (8g): Cross-flow micro-filtered, cold processed & instantized WPI 90 Yielding 7.2g complete protein. Isolates are faster digesting and high in Amino Acids.

Micellar Casein (6g): Cross-flow micro, ultra & nano-filtered, cold processed & instantized MC Yielding 5.15g complete protein. Casein is slower digesting and stays in your body for 4-6 hours.

Milk Protein Isolate (6g): Cross-flow micro & nano-filtered, cold processed MPI 85 Yielding 4.92g complete protein. Milk Protein Isolates are comprised of both fast digesting whey protein and slow digesting casein.

Of note, this nets you 24.2g Protein, not 25g as the label states. Now is .8g of Protein really a crisis? NO. At least MAN did not use the cheap route and just state 29g of Protein as some companies would do while not actually disclosing the proper amount of protein that is yielded after processing. So just a small nit picky point. Each scoop also gets you 5.33g BCAAs (I included a picture of the amino acid profile)

Cold filtration is a method of isolating whey from dairy based on molecular weight, size, and permeation properties in a cold processing environment. As we can see MAN uses micro, ultra, and nano. Each one basically uses a permeate strain to remove undesirable properties. Just in case you never knew what any of that meant.

For a Blended Protein this label is just fine for me, with the exception of the sodium content. This should be able to fit into anyone's daily stack very easily if you include a blended protein. I also appreciate the complete transparency here, as most companies do not break down how much of each specific protein are included.

Taste: I got the Cookie Stuffed Cookie flavor and enjoyed it. I was surprised and worried when I saw past reviews state it was terrible, but to me this tasted like a chocolate cookie. Like those Grandma's chocolate cookie ones. I enjoyed drinking it, so no issues there. Taste was not overly sweet and the cookie type flavor was not overwhelming, it was subtle so was easy going down.

Mixability: I had no issues here either. The directions even state this is best used in a shaker, I used this as I do with any other protein, water in shaker first, about 8-10oz and then protein. Shake it up a few times and it was good to go. No clumps or anything like that. The brown color may throw you off, but it never bothered me.

Dosing: Its protein, so you take it as needed. I like to have my blended protein post workout, and when I first wake up on rest days. So I only ever take one scoop a day of this type of protein.

I judge the effectiveness of a blended protein based off digestibility, taste, and how it filled me up. I already discussed taste above, and the reason I rank it so high is because is such a saturated market, if your protein does not taste good then you simply cannot compete in my opinion. Taste to me was fine, but it will vary based off your pallet of course. To me this digested very easily, it never felt like a rock in my stomach or gave me any unnecessary stomach aches, cramps, or gas. As far as if it filled me up it kept me full for about an hour, which is why I take blended protein post workout. Typically I get home from the gym, take protein, get ready for my day, and then make breakfast, so I do not like to be hungry in that gap of time which is about 45 - 60 minutes. Good to go here.

In the past I have had some blended proteins keep me full for up to two hours, this was about an hour max, so it is not the most effective protein out there, but it gets the job done for me. I really enjoyed my run of this. I am not sure this will be a staple of MAN sports since this has been on clearance lately, but I was glad I gave it a shot.

So like most products from MAN this kills the product a bit. I bought this for $24.99 plus $13.15 shipping which came out to $38.14 for 23 servings. However, currently you can go to MAN sports and get the cookie stuffed cookie flavor for $19.99 as its on closeout. That comes out to just under a dollar a serving, but of course you have to take into account shipping. Really, this is on sale all over the internet, go to Price Plow and you will see a ton of deals ranging from 20 to 40 bucks. I would say the average price of this right now is around 25 bucks, so about a $1.09 a serving. Not the cheapest out there, but not terrible since its on clearance. Couple that with effectiveness and I think its an average deal.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I had this in my closet for a few months before trying this out, and saw some negative reviews on it, so was not expecting much. However, I was pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed the flavor. Given that this is on clearance everywhere, if you ever wanted to try this now is the time. Your experience will vary, hence why we all enjoy trying and reviewing different supplements. It always amazes me how differently supplements hit each person, and it makes me love them!! I would recommend this product.

Thanks to TOREM for sending it out!
  October 5, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Burns Fat
  • Stimulant Free
  • Convenient Packaging
  • Easy To Stack
  • May Be A Bit Pricey To You

A non stim fat burner that will aid you in losing some fat and shedding some pounds as long as you maintain a fairly decent diet and your workout regimen. This may be a bit more expensive than other non stim fat burners out there, but this is one of the first ones that worked for me, so its worth the price.

39 years old and I lift 4-5 days a week. I have just finished up 6 months of Physical Therapy due to total reconstructive surgery on my left ankle, so I am back in the fight against the weights. I have taken a couple non stim fat burners in the past, and have not really found one that does much for me, no matter how good or bad my diet was. When I saw Neco-Adipem up for the TROOPers again and after seeing a lot of positive reviews, I decided it was time to give this a shot. Big thank you to Torem and the TROOPer program for making this review possible.

Here we get a nice transparent profile with a total of 6 ingredients, 4 of them being patented ingredients. Right off the bat I noticed that this product did not include Raspberry Ketones, so I just knew this could be for real. There are 24 other reviews going into detail on the ingredients of this product, so I will quickly touch on each. The dosages are based off of one serving (2 pills).

Innoslim (250mg): Fat oxidation amplifier & Glucose stabilizer. Recommended dose is 250mg so we are good to go here.

Actigin (25mg): Energy and endurance support blend that throttles more glycogen into your muscles. 50mg is the recommended daily dosage here, so as long as you take two servings a day (as I did) then you are safe here.

Green Tea Extract (250mg): Antioxidant power, phyto-nutrient support. Technically this is like drinking tea, so this almost could be considered a stimulant, but I never felt an energy boost from it. 400-500mg daily is recommended dosing, so with two doses per day you are safe here.

Garcinia Cambogia (100mg): Tropical fruit extract featuring hydroxycitric acid (HCA), an agent that blocks conversion of sugards and starches into fat. Dosing here is typicall at 500mg up to 3 times a day taken 30-60 minutes prior to a meal. However, studies have shown that no true dosing is said to show results, so the dosing is unclear. So I guess we are fine with this.

Advantra Z (50mg): Orange bitter extract, increasing metabolic rate safely. I could not find anything regarding dosage.

Capsimax (50mg): Natural capsicum extract derived from red hot chili peppers, key for metabolism boost. A study done with 100mg of Capsimax daily for 30 days did show 1lb of fat loss. So again, this is dosed correctly if you take 2 servings a day.

Good ingredient profile here, I think this would be lacking if you only took one serving a day, but since the directions say to take two then this is a good profile.

Taste/Mixability: Nothing to report here as this is in pill form. The small brown pills are easy to swallow and do not have a weird taste or smell to them.

Dosing: The directions call to take one serving (2 capsules) daily. For best results take one serving before breakfast and one serving before dinner. I wanted the best results so I would take this daily before breakfast and dinner. They pills come in a packets so its easy to have ready with your meals.

Now for the important part. Did this work? In a nutshell, yes it did. I was unsure what to expect, so I tracked this with once a week weigh in's with my sacale and then used my handheld body fat monitor to get a more accurate picture. Yes the handheld body fat monitor is not the most accurate, but it was something consistent to use to see if I was in fact gaining or losing body fat. As we all know, there is more to the story than the scale. I will discuss my results by week.

The first week I had lost 1.6 pounds but managed to gain .4% body fat. The second week I had gained the weight back and lost .2% of body fat. The third week I started to see results and lost 1 pound and about .4% of body fat from where I started.

Overall, the final week showed me that I had lost 2.6 pounds and 1% body fat. I write down my week by week to establish a point here. Yes, this does work, but it only works when you have your diet fairly in check. Some of those weeks I would be out drinking with my friends on the weekend, or going to parties and eating like crap on the weekends. The last week I had actually flown to a wedding, but made sure I ate well when I got back from my trip. So at the end of the day, yes this product will work and give you some results, but only if you keep up with your workouts and eat well most of the time. This is not a magic pill (there is no such thing) that will help you lost fat and weight by doing nothing.

The last week was also a good jump, so I do believe that the longer I was taking this the better results I was getting. In the future I would like to try this for 60-90 days to see if I could get some more results. I was happy with this run, and it was nice to finally find a no nonsense non stim fat burner that actually works.

There seems to be a lot of confusion when it comes to the actual price of this product in other reviews. Hopefully i can shed some light here. Sure you can just go to Amazon and pay $95 dollars for a one month supply from someone that is reselling the product, or you can go to the Torem website and pick up 60 servings for $48.00. Shipping is free in the United States, but if you live internationally it will cost you $9.99. You can also save some money by buying a 3 month or 6 months supply. If you buy one month it comes out to $1.60 per serving which is a bit pricey. The best deal would be to buy the 6 months of servings and it comes out to $1.43 a day.

So no matter what deal this is a bit more expensive than some other non stim fat burners out there. For me, this did work so its value is average once I couple in effectiveness. I do believe in the fact that you get what you pay for.

You can also use the code sample for an additional 10% off.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you are looking for a non stim fat burner to help you burn some fat and shed some pounds then gives this a shot. My eating was inconsistent for a month and I still saw some results. It was easy to take and the packages make it easy to travel with. A well done product here from Torem.

September 22, 2018

• Diminishes DOMS
  • Decent Taste
  • Unknown BCAA Source
  • Requires Two Doses On Workout Days

A cheap BCAA product with no other frills besides Taurine. Gets the job done if dosed correctly, and this can be found with some good deals.

39 years old and I lift four days a week while doing physical therapy twice a week for my left ankle due to total reconstructive surgery. Towards the end of last year I got interested in Insane Labz and purchased some of their products during their black Friday and Christmas sales. I am finally getting around to testing them out. I always keep a BCAA source of some sort in my daily stack, the only thing I truly require is that it aids me in my muscle recovery from those evil DOMS. Anything else it does is just a perk on top of that for me. Let us see if I was on Acid when I purchased this or if it turned out to be a good deal.

Fully Disclosed label with only four ingredients. Each 8.9g scoop nets you 4g Leucine, 1g ISO-Leucine, 1g Valine, and 1g Taurine. Leucine plays an important role in muscle protein synthesis, while isoleucine induces glucose uptake into cells. The Valine in the red headed step child here, as more research is needed to even know what this does for you. Taurine is mostly used to reduce cramping caused by fat burners, like ephedrine. It may also help with enhancing exercise performance. It also increases blood flow in diabetics. You do not want to exceed 3g of this daily, so 1g is good to go.

Short and sweet and you get 6g of BCAAs which is not bad. The label does not state the source of the BCAAs so we will assume its the cheap kind (as is the case when its not mentioned), so lets hope it was not animal hair.

Taste: I ordered and received the Mosh Pit Punch flavor. It tasted fine, like watered down fruit punch. It was not overly sweet and was very drinkable. Not bad.

Mixability: Got some foaming upon initial mixing with my shaker cup, but that would settle down in 30 seconds or so. I typically mix it up and head to the gym, so no problems here as it was good to go when I wanted to drink it.

Dosing: The directions state to take one sieving in 8-10oz of water before, during, or after your workout. Its BCAAs with Taurine, so take it as you see fit. I like to drink my BCAAs while I workout with around 16-22oz of water. On workout days I found the need to take one scoop intra and another late afternoon which we will discuss below.

So I judge the effectiveness of a BCAA product based off if it reduced my muscle soreness aka DOMS. That is the easiest way to do it as I really cannot gauge muscle protein synthesis. For the first week on this I took one scoop intra workout and one scoop on rest days. I found myself getting fairly sore after my workouts, so after that week I upped the dosing to 1 scoop intra, 1 scoop mid afternoon on workout days and 1 scoop on rest days. This seemed to work well as my muscle soreness was very slight and manageable. Now, I have had products completely eliminate DOMS for me, this did not do that, but still reduced it to a point where it was manageable and not a big deal. So in the end this is an effective product when you dose it accordingly.

The label describes the product as an Amino Acid Bath and Corpse rehab. It also just says Aminos and Recovery on the label. I cannot speak to the corpse part since I am not one, nor did I feed this to a corpse, but I can say this did aid me in recovery. While not the sexiest of products it gets the job done.

I got this free during a black Friday deal when I purchased Sin PWO. The cheapest you can find this is from TF Supplements for $17.95 for 30 servings. With S/H it comes out to $24.90 which is 83 cents a serving. A1 Suplements has this on a BOGO for $39.95 coming out to 76 cents a serving with S/H. So not a bad deal really. One thing to note is that Insane Labz is not currently selling the product and has their new hashtag Aminos out, so it may have been replaced, but that is a guess.

Side Effects

None to speak of.

Conclusion

Overall, a cheap BCAA supplement that will get the job done if you dose it correctly. Nothing much more than BCAAs in this, so if that works for you then great. Lately I have been more into BCAA/EAA combinations as I find that to do a better job at lower dosages, but that is just me and my body. So if you do not mind not knowing where the BCAA's come from, then give this a shot. I have no regrets on this one.

September 19, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Energy Boost In The Beginning
  • Tastes Good
  • No Endurance
  • No Pumps
  • No Real Focus

A PWO that will give you average results. It carries a hefty price tag unless you can get this on sale for what you get, but at least it does come with a fully disclosed ingredient profile unlike most Insane Labz products. Nothing stellar here.

38 years old and lift four days a week while doing physical therapy twice a week for my left ankle due to total reconstructive surgery. This will be my last review as a 38 year old man, I turn 39 tomorrow so will automatically have more wisdom in my future reviews. A while back I found myself checking out Insane Labz more and more often, so I ordered some products over time when they were on sale to see if this was just clever marketing with cool names, or an actual effective product. I have found that some of their products work great, while others do nothing. Sin was one of the only PWO's by the company that had a completely transparent label so I decided to give it a shot. Lets see how much of a Sin it was buying this product.

As mentioned above, this comes with a completely transparent ingredient profile, which I require in my PWO's because at my age I don't need to be messing or guessing with stimulants. This is broken down into three different blends, and being this is the first review on this product, let us break it down as I normally do. Of note each scoop is 14.6g, however I did not measure it for accuracy.

Other Companies Envy (10.5g)

Creatine Monohydrate (5g): Creatine is among the most well-researched and effective supplements. It can help with exercise performance by rapidly producing energy during activity. Creatine may also provide cognitive benefits. This is your standard "cheap" version of Creatine. I typically like to take in 8-10g Creatine on workout days, so this is a good start and I can take my other serving with my post workout shake. Good dose here.

Beta Alanine (3g): Beta-alanine is the building block of carnosine, a molecule that helps buffer acid in muscles, increasing physical performance in the 60-240-second range. Beta-alanine can aid lean-mass gain. Carnosine appears to be an antioxidant and anti-aging compound. (Examine.com) You want 2-5g of this daily to see a difference, so this is a good dose.

Betaine Anhydrous (1.5g): Betaine may provide increased power output and minor increases in workout volume and endurance. The dosage you want here is 2.5g daily, so this is under-dosed here. They need to up this 1g or just remove it.

Agmatine Sulfate (1g): There are many different things that Agmatine can do for your body, but it is found here to increase your Nitric Oxide Levels. No real known dosage exists, but you usually see this dosed around the 1-2g mark. So this is fine.

Energy & Wrath (1.065g)

Cognizin (citicoline) (500mg): A patented form of Citicoline, this is here for focus. Dosing usually ranges from 500mg - 2g, so we have the low end of the spectrum here, but not under-dosed.

Caffiene Anhydrous (315mg): We all know what this is, our energy boost. Not a bad dose considering its Anhydrous, this really comes down to personal preference. Personally I like to be in the 300mg range if its not time released, so this is fine by me.

AMPiberry (juniperus communis) (150mg): Depending what you search for you will see different facts about this. Some say this is the replacement for DMHA, and some companies have done this, others call this simple a super food. Either way this works best when paired with caffeine and other stimulants. It will assist you in long lasting energy. This is a fairly new ingredient to me, but I could not find any recommendations on dosage.

Dimethylethanolamine (100mg): Also known as DMAE. Really this is used to prevent cognitive decline, but I would guess the intended purpose here is for added focus. I could not find recommendations on dosage or anything like that. I am not sure I see much of a purpose for this here.

Huperzine A (1%) (100mcg): The one focus ingredient I am a fan of. Huperzine-A is a cognitive enhancer that inhibits an enzyme that degrades the learning neurotransmitter, acetylcholine; due to this, a relative increase occurs. It belongs to the cholinergics class of molecules, and may be useful in fighting cognitive decline in the elderly. May need to be cycled. (Examine.com) 50-200mcg daily are typical dosages, and usually you want to cycle this every 2-4 weeks. A good middle dose here.

Testosterone Gluttony (100mg)

Blamus (50mg): Obviously this is here to boost some testosterone, and studies have only been done on rats from what I can surmise. From the study "While no marked elevation in serum free testosterone levels was found in the 10-mg or 25-mg BlaMus groups, the 50-mg group showed a significant increase in serum free testosterone levels after 28 days of supplementation." So who knows, you can read the article here: http://www.nutritionaloutlook.com/sports-energy/black-musli-extract-boosts-testosterone-rats-study-suggests

DHEA (50mg): DHEA is a naturally occurring hormone and either exerts benefits on its own, or can convert into both testosterone or estrogen depending on the body's need. DHEA supplementation is potent for reducing the 'effects of aging', but appears quite unreliable in its benefits. Supplementation of DHEA appears to be effective in persons over 40 in the dosage range of 25-50mg, while prolonged usage of 100mg appears to be safe in this demographic. While the usage of DHEA in young persons for the purpose of testosterone enhancement is not clear, it tends to be used at 200mg for this purpose. (Examine.com) So depending on your age, is how you will benefit from this, basically if you are not 40 or older, this will probably do nothing.

A pretty interesting ingredient profile. Personally I would like to see them up the Betaine to 2.5g and drop the Testosterone boosting properties, as that is unnecessary to me in a PWO, because you will not take it daily as most people have rest days. Who the hell takes a PWO on a rest day? Not bad otherwise, at least nothing in here really stands out as a true filler ingredient.

Taste: I ordered the 7nvy Fruit flavor. Fancy name aside, its Fruit Punch. It actually tasted pretty good, kind of like a watered down hawaiian punch that was not so sweet. Very easy to sip or slam as needed, so no complaints here.

Mixability: This mixed real easily with minimal effort in my shaker. The dyes did stain my clear shakers a bit, but it washed out easily. No real leftover grit or anything to worry about.

Dosing: Very simply, one scoop about 20-30 minutes prior to your workout. With the amount of caffeine in here, you would never want to take much more than one scoop. The directions even state not to exceed one scoop in a 24 hour period, which is good because you never know what people will do these days.

So now the important part, and why this is just an average PWO in my head. I workout around 6am so having that nice kick in the butt to get to the gym and crush some weights is needed that early in the morning. Its not required, but I love the feeling of a great PWO. I especially like it when I start to get fired up on my drive to the gym. I actually took this on and off over the last few months as this never really got me too excited. I will break this down by what I look for in a PWO:

Energy: Within about 20 minutes of taking this I would get a nice energy boost. However the energy levels seemed to be all up front and would die out fairly quickly during my workout. My workouts average between 60 - 90 minutes, and this would wear off right around the 50-60 minute mark, making the end of my workouts a bit of a chore. This did not make me jittery or anything like that, but did provide a smooth energy (probably the AMPiberry), but again just did not last that long. Pretty average in energy levels.

Pump: I do not expect all PWO's to give me a pump, but when you throw in any sort of NO type ingredient I expect something. Well I never experienced a pump at all here, so nothing to even talk about.

Focus: This seemed to be lacking as well. I have taken products with lower doses of Huperzine and it worked better than this. While I did have some focus, I think that was more or less my own personal discipline than Sin itself. So again, nothing to note here.

Endurance: As mentioned above the endurance was really the killer. This would be great up front and then die out. I have had PWO's last well beyond my workout, and this just simply did not do it.

While this may sound like a pretty mediocre PWO, it did its job and what I needed it to do. Honestly, this is almost a good beginner PWO for people since it has no real exotic ingredients and someone with less experience may benefit from this more. I think the ingredients used may have been cheap and that is why it did not have the lasting effects you would expect. End of the day, it got my to the gym, slightly fired up, but I had to really push through the tail end of my workouts. Average says it all and in this flooded market it simply does not stand out.

The cheapest you can find this right now is via Insane Labz themselves for $29.95 for 25 servings. That comes out to $1 a serving before you account for shipping and handling which is usually $4.95. If you are a prime member you can grab this on Amazon for $34.95 coming out to $1.40 a serving. So this is pretty expensive in my opinion for the job that it does, and just expensive for a PWO in general. Worth the value, no I think not. I picked this up last November as a black Friday deal getting Sin and Acid both for $64.95, not a great deal either. This is how we learn.

Side Effects

Had to visit the bathroom about 10-15 minutes after taking this for some minor GI distress. This is very common for me when I take in any caffeine, so no big deal. No unusual side effects to speak of.

Conclusion

When I was thinking about writing this review, I figured I would give this an average recommendation. After writing this review and realizing how expensive this PWO is, and how much it did not do I simply cannot recommend this product. I will give it a MEH, because it does work, but just nothing stellar. If you can get this on a sweet deal, then give it a shot, otherwise this becomes just another PWO in an already flooded market. Time to wash away the SIN.

September 18, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Betaine
  • 5g Of Creatine
  • Mixes Great
  • Effective
  • Enzyme Complex
  • Easy To Digest
  • Protein Blend Not Transparent
  • No Amino Acid Panel

A fairly priced blended protein that works great for a post workout shake. Super easy to digest with some clinically dosed extra's. Unfortunately I did not care for the flavor I tried, but it was very drinkable, and I will simply try a different flavor next time.

38 years old and lift four days a week while doing physical therapy twice a week for my left ankle due to total reconstructive surgery. I have really been interested in Ronnie Coleman's supplement line, and it was recommended to me a while back to try out his Pro-Antium. Given that the last review is nearly two years old, time to knock the dust off on this blended protein and get a fresh review in. I typically like to use a blended protein post workout, it keeps me full enough to have a time gap in between my post workout protein and breakfast. Lets get into this.

I am not going to belabor the point here, there are 28 other reviews talking about the ingredient profile. Instead I will point out the scoop size, protein blend, and the features that make this product stand out in an already flooded market. First off, each scoop is pretty large coming in at 51g. Each scoop nets you 170 calories, 2.5g fat, 150mg sodium, 8g carbs, 30g Protein, 5g Creatine Monohydrate, and 2.5g Betaine Anhydrous. I have to watch my sodium intake, so 150mg is not a big deal as some other blended proteins go to the 250mg+ level, which I do not care for. Ahh the joys of getting older.

The protein complex consists of Whey Protein Concentrate, Milk Protein Isolate, Calcium Caseinate, Whey Protein Isolate, Micellar Casein, and Egg While Albumin. Some issues I have here is this label is not totally transparent as we have no clue how much of the 30g consists of which protein. Also, it would be nice to have an Amino Acid panel listed on the product or on the website somewhere. I don't get too concerned with the Amino Acid panels personally as I always have some extra BCAA/EAA supplement in my stack, but I know some people like to rely on their protein and know how much they are getting. Other than that its a nice mix of quick digesting and long digesting proteins.

The extra's are what make this a great post workout shake. First of all having 5g of Creatine Mono is pretty great in my opinion, as I like to take 5g pre workout and 5g post, so if my PWO has creatine then I am all set with no extra creatine needed. The 2.5g of Betaine is a nice clinical dose, as recommendations state 1.25g twice a day, but here you are covered. If you did not know, Betaine may provide increased power output and minor increases in workout volume and endurance. Finally, you also get an unknown dosage of an Enzyme Blend consisting of Protease, Amylase, and Lactase. All good things to aid in your digestion.

Overall, I think the ingredient profile here is pretty great. To truly make this better I will reiterate that it would be great to have the amount of each protein in the blend as well as an Amino Acid panel. Otherwise, I like the added extra's and this truly helps this product to stand out in my opinion.

Taste: I bought the Peanut Butter Pie flavor, because I love most things Peanut Butter. Well I was fairly dissapointed to say the least here, and it had a hint of peanut butter to it, but kind of a flat taste. It tasted odd and took me a good week or so to really get used to the taste. I was never excited to take this for the flavor, which is a real bummer for a blended protein as they should be a treat after a hard workout. Looking at the RCSS website, I see this flavor is no longer available so it appears Ronnie may have gotten rid of it. This actually tasted worse when combined with milk, which was even stranger, so I stuck with water. Its very drinkable but pretty much tasted like greasy peanut butter to me.

Mixability: This mixed well with 8-10oz of water or milk. I always used a shaker and had no issues with shaking this up a few times. This never stained my shaker or left any weird residue or anything like that. Pretty good mixability for such a large scoop.

Dosing: I took one scoop post workout, and would take one scoop on rest days when I woke up. In my opinion this is the perfect post workout protein blend, but you can take this as needed to supplement your daily diet.

I gauge the effectiveness of my protein poweders based off digestability and how it filled me up. Pro-Antium was very easy to digest, it was almost easier than some Whey Protein isolates I have had in the past. This is likely due to the added Enzymes here, either way this was a great product diestion wise. I typically drank this within 30 minutes after my workout, and about an hour prior to breakfast. This kept me full for that hour gap very easily and at times I went up to two hours until I ate and was never starving. So this blend did its job in that expectation for me. I really did enjoy the fact that this had added Creatine and Betaine to it, as I like to take both post workout. Obviously, both ingredients work great Pre-workout, but I think this protein is a bit heavy to take pre, but I guess that all depends on how much time you give yourself. Typically I drink a Whey protein isolate once I wake up about an hour before hitting the gym so I am not starving during my workout.

The only claim on the tub is that this is a supreme multifaceted protein complex. I would say that is not a far stretch considering the ingredients we get here along with the protein blend. This never caused me to have any bloating or extra gas, so at the end of the day this is a great blended protein to add to your daily routine.

As of this writing you can get this for $52.99 giving you 50 servings (5.6lbs) from the RCSS website. That comes out to $1.06 a scoop before shipping and handling. It also appears that if you go to lockout supplements you can pick up a tub of stawberry shortcake for $39.95, but the actual size is confusing since it states its 4.7lb with the ingredient label saying its 5lbs. I personally think what RCSS sells this for is a good price when its on sale. 50 scoops should last you close to two months, as I really do not see much of a point in taking more than one scoop a day. This worked really well for me, so its slighly above average value wise in my opinion. If you are in the market for this, always go to priceplow.com first and search for the product, that way you can always get the best deal.

Side Effects

None at all.

Conclusion

Overall, I really enjoyed this as a post workout protein drink. The added enzymes truly made this one of the easiest proteins to digest and I like the added extra's as they are dosed well and not just fillers. Sure, some things can be improved here, but I was happy with what we get. Once again Ronnie, you did a nice job here. I look forward to trying a different flavor in the future, I got my eye on Cookies n cream when I need blended protein in my stack again. I highly recommend this product if you are in the market for some blended protein. Luckily, you will not have to deal with that Peanut Butter pie flavor.

September 14, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
    • Bad Side Effects

A properly dosed multi with some great extra's. The side effects were too great for me to rate this positively, but this is a great concept otherwise.

38 years old and lift four days a week while doing physical therapy twice a week for my left ankle due to total reconstructive surgery. You may remember Anavite being in the news in 2017 as MMA fighter Lyman Good tested positive for the steroid 1-androstenedione. So of course when I first saw Anavite on the bounty list I laughed and said NO WAY am I going to risk it. Upon further investigation I realized it was the pill form that was under investigation and then in December 2017 Price Plow released a video of them testing Anavite pills and showed no steroids. So after reading all that I figured what the heck, lets give it a shot. I like to keep a multi-vitamin in my daily stack as I do notice a difference in health benefits when I am taking one versus when I am not. I have never taken a multi-vitamin in powder form, so I figured I would mix it up and worst case get really big and strong. Let us see how inviting Anavite was.

We have a fully disclosed ingredient profile which is appreciated but normal for a multi-vitamin. The one thing I did notice here is there is no "extra's" prop blend, rather they fully disclose it all even the little bit of extra's in here. I will break this down by the vitamins I find most important and then discuss the extras in here.

The vitamins I find most essential in a multi are Vitamins A, B6, B12, C, D, E, K, Folic Acid, Calcium, Zinc, and Chromium. Some extra's I personally prefer to have are Iron, Magnesium, and Boron.

Vitamin A: Here we get 5,000 IU per serving which is fine by itself since 3,000 IU is the RDA. Gaspari uses Beta-Carotene as the form, which is what you want to see.

Vitamin B6/B12: Good dose of B6 at 10mg with RDA being 1.3mg. B12 has 250mcg with an RDA of 2.4mcg. Here we get the good form of B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride) and the good version of B12 (methylcobalamin).

Vitamin C/D/E/Calcium: Each scoop nets you 250mg of Vitamin C (RDA is 60mg) and 30 IU of Vitamin E (1,500 IU max daily RDA) so we are covered here. You get a nice dose of Vitamin D at 1,000 IU per scoop with an RDA of at least 600 IU per day. You also get 122mg of Calcium with the RDA being 1,000 - 2,500mcg daily.

Vitmain K: This is a bit under-dosed in my opinion, but it is a common dose found in many multivitamins. Anavite gets you 45mcg per scoop with the RDA being 182mcg. In my opinion this should be bumped up to around 60mcg since you take 2-3 servings of this daily.

Folic Acid/Zinc/Chromium: Each scoop gets you 200mcg of Folic Acid, so if you take 2 scoops a day you will hit the RDA of 400mcg. Zinc has a healthy dose of 15mg per scoop (11mg is RDA) and Chromium is a bit low at 60mcg (1,000 mcg is RDA).

Magnesium/Boron: Some nice bonuses included here. You get 200mg Magnesium per scoop (420mg RDA) an 25mcg of Boron (.25 - 3.25mg RDA). So both are a bit low in my opinion, but not really a deal breaker in my eyes since they are good to have vitamins versus necessary ones to stay healthy.

Each scoop also gets you 1,600mg of Carnosyn Beta-Alanine and 1,000mg of Carnitine-Tartrate. So with two scoops a day you are getting your daily Beta Alanine requirements and a decent serving of Carnitine.

Overall, this is a great ingredient panel with most items properly dosed as long as you take 2 scoops a day. This is the first multi I have used that has used all of the good forms of vitamins, in my experience you get some good forms and some bad forms in combination.

Taste: I had the Orange flavor and it was okay. It was a bit sweet, and kind of tasted like really watered down orange kool aid. Very drinkable though.

Mixability: No issues mixing this up with foam or anything. I did notice at the bottom of my shaker and sides it does leave some grit, but not that big of a deal.

Dosing: The instructions recommend taking 2-3 scoops daily with 6 ounces of water. You can take it anytime of the day you see fit, so I dosed this at 2 scoops a day with about 8oz of water. Usually I took one pre-workout (or on wake-up on rest days) and the other around 3 or 4pm.

So at this point you are probably wondering why I gave this a negative review since the dosing and vitamin forms are on point with some wonderful extras. Well for me digesting this was truly a killer. Every dose, whether I took this with food or not would give me a bad stomach ache about 5 minutes later. It would last about 5 minutes as well, but having that twice a day was horrible. It was not like a stomach ache where you need to visit the bathroom, it more felt like my stomach was being twisted up. I sucked it up for about three weeks, then just stopped because there was not much more reason to put myself through that.

Otherwise I did not fall sick while on this, and my rest periods in between sets shortened up due to getting the recommended dosage of beta-alanine every day. This vitamin has some potential but something in it just did not agree with me, but it does work if your stomach can take it.

I grabbed this form All Star Health for $23.99 plus $5.95 shipping. This comes out to $29.94 or $1 per serving if you take two scoops a day like I did. A bit expensive for the vitamin world but I think its worth it since you get all the good forms of vitamins plus some beta alanine and carnitine. Once I couple this with effectiveness it becomes of no value to me though since it jacked up my stomach, so that is why it is rated the way it is.

Side Effects

Terrible stomach pains about 5 minutes after each scoop no matter if taken with food or without food. The pain will feel like its twisting your stomach and last around 5 minutes.

Conclusion

A great concept of a multi-vitamin, unfortunately my stomach just could not handle something in it. It definitely was not spiked with steroids, so no gains there. I will look into the pill form of this going forward though, so i can avoid the stomach pains hopefully, assuming its dosed the same. This was my first powder Multi-Vitamin and it left a bad taste in my mouth, so I will stick with my pills for a while. Great concept, poor execution. You may not experience the same sides that I did, but if you want to take the risk, I hope it works out for you.

September 8, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Dual Release Technology
    • Unique Ingredient Profile
    • Aids You In Falling Asleep
    • Great Relaxation
    • Real Deep Sleep
    • Sleep Hangover
    • A Bit Expensive

A sleep aid that utilizes dual release technology to provide you with some real deep sleep. This did give me a sleep hangover each time, but I had almost the best sleep of my life on this. Priced a bit higher than the competitors in this field, but a well put together and effective sleep aid.

38 years old and lift four days a week while doing physical therapy twice a week for my left ankle due to total reconstructive surgery. I got diagnosed with severe Sleep Apnea about 18 months ago, so I like to add in a sleep aid in my stack every now and again to assist me falling asleep with my mask on. I was browsing the Bounty vault and saw Anabolic Sleep on there, after checking out the label, I thought I would give it a shot. Lately I have found that GNC products have been working quite well for me, so I gave this a shot. Let us see how much this truly aided my sleep.

Right off the bat you will see this has a fully disclosed label, which I almost require in my sleep aids these days, especially ones that contain Melatonin. I have been tricked in the past, so this is a must for me. Of note the pills utilize dual release technology. GNC's other brand Performix is known to use this formula in their beads for powder, so this is the pill version. The cool part here is the ingredients are broken down based off when they are released. Let us discuss them:

Light Blue Layer: Relaxation & Stress Support (Immediate Release) 700mg

Levagen Palmitic Acid Monoethanolamide (300mg): Levagen is a patented ingredient by Gencor. Palmitic Acid supports comfort and a healthy anti-inflammatory response (GNC Website). I could not find too much on this, but there was concerns in the past of Palmitic Acid raising cholesterol levels. A 2002 study concluded that this had no impact on health. I am unsure of recommended dosage here, as this is a new ingredient to me. You can read more information on this here: https://www.livestrong.com/article/521518-palmitic-acid-health-benefits/

L-Theanine (as Suntheanine) (200mg): Suntheanine is a registered trademark of Taiyo International inc. Theanine is a relaxing Amino Acid that is known to promote relaxation without sedation as well as reducing stress. Typically you see this around 100-200mg paired with Caffeine, but obviously being a sleep aid no caffeine is present. I have had up to 500mg in sleep aids in the past, as well as 200mg, so anything in that range seems fine to me.

KSM-66 Ashwagandha Root Extract (Withania Somnifera) (200mg): KSM-66 is a registered trademark of Ixoreai Biomed Inc. You have likely seen this ingredient before as it is quite popular. This is the first time I have seen this in a sleep aid. Ashwagandha is popularly known as the king of Ayurvedic herbs. Typically used as an "adaptogen" (for stress and anxiety relief), it may also provide neuroprotection, and is being researched for athletic performance as well. (EXAMINE.com) 300-500mg is the optimal dosage, so we are well covered with a total of 600mg. Interestingly enough it is recommended to take Ashwagandha with food, and first meal of the day. Obviously not the case here.

Deep Blue Layer: Sleep & Anabolic Support (Sustained Release) 503mg

KSM-66 Ashwagandha Root Extract (Withania Somnifera) (400mg): It is interesting how they seperated this one, but we already covered this.

GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) (100mg): This is a depressive neurotransmitter, that is used for stress relief and goes great with any NO increasing agents. Like a lot of ingredients out there more research needs to be conducted, but 3-5g of GABA is used for the purpose of enhancing growth hormone metabolism. Small dosage here, but really I believe this is here to relax you. This is a low dose than I am used to seeing in sleep aids, as usually this is around the 500mg range.

Melatonin (3mg): Melatonin is a hormone secreted in the brain that regulates sleep. It appears to be highly sensitive to Light Therapy and Dark Therapy. Oral ingestion of melatonin may be used as a sleep aid. It is non-addictive. (Examine.com) The key point here is that it is non-addictive. Doses from .5 - 5mg appear to be the most effective. I personally do not like to go higher than 5mg as anything higher than this is unnecessary and will just make you feel more groggy the next day. I like the dose here.

The pills are two different colors based off the ingredients being released (see picture). This is a pretty unique set of ingredients for a sleep aid and nothing here really seems to be unnecessary. Not a bad profile overall.

Taste/Mixability: Tablet form so no weird taste or smell. The tablets have a light blue side and a deep blue side, which I think looks pretty cool. They are medium to large size pills, so bear that in mind if you do not like swallowing big pills (see picture).

Dosing: The directions state to take one serving (2 tablets) 30-60 minutes before bedtime. If additional support is needed, you can take up to two servings. I personally never took more than one serving, as I found that worked great as is.

If you have seen any of my reviews on this site, you will know that I review quite a bit of sleep aids. I love the ones that work well. I will break this down in a couple of sections to explain how this worked for me.

Going to Sleep: Within about half an hour to 45 minutes after taking this I would get real tired. I would feel fairly relaxed, and while this will not knock you out (you can stay up if you want and fight through the tiredness) this does help you get to sleep very quickly once you close your eyes. I like to read in bed before I go to sleep and would find myself falling asleep mid sentence after taking this. So yeah, this will put you to sleep very effectively.

Hitting that REM Sleep: This by far was the best aspect of the product. Of all of the sleep aids I have taken, I got the deepest and longest REM sleep while on this. It was truly amazing. My sleep apnea machine registers how long I have the mask on (I put it on right as I go to sleep) so I can see how much I actually sleep. On average I sleep 6 hours a night. Some other sleep aids have put me to sleep as long as 7 to 7.5 hours which I thought was awesome. On the nights where I did not have to wake up to an alarm or would go to bed early, I would register 8 to 9 hours of sleep. I would not wake up once in the middle of the night at all most nights on this either, unless I had to pee. I truly got a ton of rest on this, and it blew me away.

Waking Up: Well, nothings perfect. This was the downfall of the product for me. I thought 3mg of Melatonin would be no big deal, but maybe it was the slow release technology or some other ingredient, but man I would always have a sleep hangover in the morning. It would be a minor to moderate hangover, nothing too extreme, but enough to want to keep me in bed an extra few minutes. So the mornings were not easy on this.

Label Claims: The claims here are Stress, Sleep & Recovery Support. I can agree with all these, but the recovery would be the least effective due to that sleep hangover. I would feel like I slept well though once I got moving around. So no crazy claims here.

So yeah, Anabolic Sleep worked great. This would have been my favorite sleep aid if I did not get that doggone morning hangover. This does end up in the top three of sleep aids I have ever taken though. One thing to note is I only took this when I was planning to hit the gym the next day. So I took this around 4-5 times a week. I like to have a couple day break each day, no matter the sleep aid, so my body still can fall asleep by itself. I also cycle my sleep aids giving myself at least two weeks in between aids of normal sleep. I had no issues sleeping normally with no aids after this, so no issues there.

I picked this up from Amazon for $39.99. You get 30 servings per container, so this comes out to $1.33 a serving. I took this 4-5 times a week, so it lasted me just over 6 weeks, so keep that in mind. This appears to be the price no matter where you buy it, so get it in a GNC, or order it from somewhere with the cheapest or free shipping. This is a bit pricey as you can find some quality sleep aids for around or less than a dollar a serving. However, this did give me the deepest sleep I have ever experienced so the value is average to above average in my book. If you ever find this on sale, just get it!!

Side Effects

Minor to Moderate sleep hangover each morning after taking this.

Conclusion

Overall, this was a great run. I do not give GNC products enough credit and lately have been surprised at just how effective they are. If you are looking for a sleep aid with a small dose of Melatonin in it then give this a shot. Sure you will wake up groggy, but you will get some deep sleep and truly be ready for your day. I highly recommend this if you are in the market for a sleep aid.

Overall
    Thanks to Myokem for sending it out!
      September 6, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Slight Vascularity In Shoulders
    • High Cost
    • No Noticeable Estrogen Control
    • No Energy Increase
    • No Muscle Hardness
    • No Lean Out Look

An estrogen blocker that is moderately to high priced, that will net you minimal to no effects. A unique set of ingredients with a fully disclosed label, but this simply did not work for me.

38 years old and lift four days a week while doing physical therapy twice a week for my left ankle due to total reconstructive surgery. I like to have an estrogen blocker in my stack every now and again, as I have had some good experiences with a few of them. I was excited to see Myokem come back to the site and offer up some of their products, so I decided to give Alphadex a shot after reading some older reviews and have never tried a product by them. A big thank you to Myokem and the TROOPer program for making this connection and opportunity possible. Let's see if this gave me any more alpha'ness in my system.

Fully disclosed label here, so kudos to Myokem for not having a prop blend. Each pill has 450mg of the Alphadex Lean Muscle Enhancement Matrix which contains the following:

Safflower Seed Extract (std 10% Trachelosides) (seed) (200mg): This is said to help reduce fat around the midsection while increasing lean muscle mass. I could not find recommended dosages, and this information comes from Myokem website themselves.

Brassaiposis Giomerulata Extract 20:1 (leaf) (125mg): Brassaiopsis glomerulata is a tree growing in Vietnam that appears to have some compounds that may inhibit the aromatase enzyme; there is currently a lack of applied evidence for this plant in living systems. It has been noted that active components of Brassaiopsis glomerulata can inhibit the aromatase enzyme in vitro,[2] but no evidence currently exists to support an increase in testosterone or decrease in estrogen in a living system. (Examine.com) A fairly unique ingredient here, but no real research to show recommended dosing and its actual effect. More information and studies can be found here https://examine.com/supplements/brassaiopsis-glomerulata/

Acacetin (5,7-dihydroxyflavone-Methoxyflavone) (leaf) (100mg): I could not find much information on this either, but according to the Myokem site this works to regulate aromatase and support a healthy ratio of testosterone to estrogen. Dosage is unknown.

Mangosteen Extract 10:1 (Garcinia mangostana) (hull) (25mg): Again, not much information to be found on this but the website states this is to accelerate weight loss to eliminate stubborn fat and provide even greater definition in your muscles. Dosage is unknown.

This also contains 5mg of Bioperine for absorption. Very unique set of ingredients in here, as I was unfamiliar with all of them. Myokem does a nice job at explaining all the ingredients and their dosages on their website. Not much else to comment here.

Taste/Mixability: Nothing to note here as this is in capsule form. No weird taste or smell, and they were easy to swallow.

Dosing: The directions state to take 1 capsule in the morning with your first meal of the day and 1 capsule in the evening with a meal. I took one capsule for breakfast and one for dinner each day. Easy to follow and remember.

For an estrogen blocker I look for muscle hardness, a slight leaning out effect, some vascularity, and an energy boost or increase in rage. I did not experience any muscle hardness as I have with past estrogen blockers during this run. I thought I started too towards the last couple of days of this bottle, but I could not be sure if I was just hoping at this point. I experienced no leaning out effect nor a boost in energy or rage. The only noticeable effects I had was some slight vascularity increase in my shoulders. This did increase towards the end as well, but I did not notice any on my normal areas such as forearms/biceps.

The label claims are enhanced muscular definition, increased hard, lean muscle, and heightened strength and endurance. I noticed none of these effects except maybe the strength and endurance part. However, I cannot say for sure that this along helped as I have been using a strength program and had gains prior to taking this as well as some increased in endurance due to taking beta-alanine every day. So for me the bottle claims simply were not there.

Overall, I really did not experience much of anything except some slight vascularity in my shoulders. I did get a pimple on my face when I started taking Alphadex so I thought maybe this was increasing my testosterone, but that went away after a few days and I felt not other increase in my energy levels. It has been 5 days since my last dose as I like to wait in case I did not notice an effect, but I have felt no changes to this point. This simply did nothing for me, so I was pretty bummed out about it. However, the directions do recommend to take this for a minimum of 8 weeks, so maybe a 4 week run was not enough, but I cannot be sure. I have had other estrogen blockers or AI's work within 10-12 days, so regardless this just did not do well for me.

You can grab this from Best Price Nutrition for $40.49 if you use the code PRICEPLOW. That is for 28 days which comes out to $1.45 a day. This is pretty expensive in my opinion especially once I couple in the lack of effectiveness for me. There are many more effective and cheaper options out there, so the value simply is not there for me.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I appreciate the opportunity to try out Alphadex but I had minimal to no effects in 28 days of this. I know my body does react to AI's or estrogen blockers as I have taken quite a few in the past, but the ingredients here simply did nothing for me. Like anything else, your experience may vary, but for me I simply cannot recommend this.

Overall
    Thanks to Herbal Nitro for sending it out!
      August 29, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Effective
    • Cheap
    • Feeling Of Wellbeing
    • Stool Softening
    • Prop Blend

An effective colon cleanser at a good price. Contains a prop blend, but I can overlook that since there are no stimulants included. Definitely worth a try if you need a cleanse, sure beats the juice cleanse!!

38 years old and lift four days a week, while still recovering to total reconstructive surgery to my left ankle. Last year I tried Herbal Nitro's My Gentle Detox and had a good run. After reading positive reviews for My Gentle Cleanse and coming home from a buddy's five day bachelor party in San Diego I decided it was time to cleanse my body of evil toxins. I also have not tried any other Cleansing product before, so may as well start with this one. Big thank you to SR and Herbal Nitro for the opportunity. Let us see how this cleansed my body and maybe even soul.

Unfortunately we have a prop blend here, but it is not a huge concern to me as this does not contain any stimulants. I honestly would not know the optimal dosages of these ingredients without looking them up as this type of supplement is fairly new ground to me. The prop blend contains 487mg of the following: **All definitions came from Herbal Nitro website, figure I would put it here to make this a one stop shop**

Casanthranol USP (Cascara Sagrada Bark): A botanical antioxidant that helps with bowel relief and intestinal absorption (softens stool).

Senna Leaf: Senna is a vital helper in gastrointestinal motility: the push; it helps your body's natural processes of peristalsis.

Fennel Seed: A seed commonly used as a digestive helper, Fennel helps alleviate gastrointestinal complaints, like bloating and flatulence.

Dandelion Root: Dandelion helps with minor digestive problems with its richness in phenolic content (acts as an antioxidant).

Aloe Vera Leaf: Aloe Vera, apart from its various medicinal properties, is often sought as a soothing aid in occasional constipation.

Taste/Mixability: Nothing to report here as this is in pill form. No weird taste or smell, and the pills were small so very easy to swallow.

Dosing: Directions simply call to take one capsule daily with a large drink of water and ensure you ensure eight glasses of water daily. This took some trial and error so I could be in the best situation when this hit me. The best time for me was taking this around 2 or 3pm.

As I mentioned this was my first cleansing type pill I have ever taken. Once I took a pill it would hit me about 3-3.5 hours later. When it hits you, it is like your body going into emergency mode to get into the bathroom and cleanse your soul of all toxins. Like I mentioned in dosing, it took some trial and error, but once I figured out to take it around mid-day, I would get home from work and then enjoy the cleanse on my own personal throne. At first I would take this right when I woke up, or post workout and that resulted in some pleasant bathroom sessions either at work or in the gym.

The big difference I can see with this versus my normal movements are these were more "thorough." Sometimes it takes me a bit to get it all out, but with this it would be very fast and everything would push right out. As others have mentioned you get that nice ghost wipe, which is pretty great. This product truly works well for what it is supposed to do, and honestly this is not something I would ever take daily in the future. Something like this would be nice once or twice a week to cleanse your body out of all those toxins that build up, you will be surprised how much you need to get out.

I did not lose any weight or anything outside the usual with this but that is not what is intended with My Gentle Cleanse. My body felt good, digestive wise, during the duration so this does its job in spades. I do not have any other products to compare this too at the moment, but this works. Herbal Nitro truly knows how to formulate a nice cleansing formula.

You can grab this from Herbal Nitro themselves, Ebay, or Amazon and they all have the price of $15.99. You can get deals if you buy this in bulk from Herbal Nitro themselves. Each bottle has 30 capsules, so that comes out to 53 cents a day or 67 cents a day with shipping and handling included. To me this is a good price as this product truly is effective.

Side Effects

None outside of you can expect to hit the bathroom after taking this. The only real side here is getting timing down, because it will hit you at different times than myself (just read the other reviews), but that is all. So nothing really.

Conclusion

My Gentle Cleanse was not so gentle on me, because I needed to cleanse a lot of toxins. I felt great digestively while taking this and you can pick this up at a nice price. Very effective product, and if you are in the market for a colon cleansing, then look no further. I highly recommend this product.

Thanks to Black Lion Research for sending it out!
      August 25, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Value
    • Great BCAA Dosage
    • DOMS Non-existent
    • Added Hydration

High quality vegan BCAA product that is effective at just one dose per day. An effective intra-workout product with some added hydration support. Very well priced and a product you should definitely give a try.

38 years old and lift four days a week, while still recovering to total reconstructive surgery to my left ankle. I have recently tried out two other products by BLR and their Amino supplement looked very intriguing to me. I like to always keep some sort of Amino Acids in my stack, so when BLR offered up Amino Infusion for us TROOPers to try out, I could not resist. A big thank you to the TROOPer program and Black Lion Research for their participation here and making this review possible Let us see how well this infused into my body.

An almost fully disclosed profile which is refreshing as lately it seems companies are hiding their blend of Amino's under prop blends now. I will briefly touch on the ingredients, as there are only a few.

Vegan Fermented BCAA 2:1:1 (8g): At first glance this may not seem like this is disclosed, but the breakdown would be 4g Leucine, 2g Isoleucine, and 2g Valine. Now it would be nice if they fully listed that out, so I would not have to assume as much basing it purely off of the ration provided as I am sure there are plenty of people out there that may not know the exact amount of each. Leucine stimulates muscle protein synthesis and slows down muscle damage after workouts, Isoleucine creates glucose giving your body energy, and Valine promotes muscle protein synthesis and muscle tissue growth. Nice dosage here.

HICA (1g): Also known as Leucic Acid, this is a leucine metabolite touted to have anabolic properties. Studies on this are very limited, and no real dosage recommendation exists. This works similar to HMB/Leucine, but its unclear at this point which is better. Including this here is a great idea as this should aid in recovery.

Sodium Citrate (100mg) / Potassium Chloride (100mg): Electrolytes here to aid you in hydration.

It is nice to have plant based BCAAs instead of animal based, as you will find out that some animal based BCAAs are chemically treated duck feathers and pig fur. So this is a nice benefit and something you should look for in your BCAAs. Its a nice simple profile and I appreciate the addition of HICA and electrolytes.

Taste: I received the Kiwi Strawberry flavor, and that is the only flavor available. I thought it tasted pretty good, was not too sweet and not terrible. I found it very easy and refreshing to drink while I worked out or in the middle of the day.

Mixability: The directions call to mix this with 24oz of water, which I did and had no issues. There was slight foaming when I would first shake it up, but it would go away before I ever took my first sip. No leftover residue or staining of the shakers.

Dosing: I dosed one scoop during my workouts, and one scoop in the middle of the day on my rest days. No need to dose it anymore than that.

The biggest thing I look for in my BCAA products are did it aid me in diminishing Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) so I could recover in time for my next workout. Another factor I personally like to have is some added hydration. I will tell you that I had little to no DOMS for the 30 doses of Amino Infusion, and the added hydration was great. The best intra-workout product I have ever had is Intra-Blast by Nutrabio and I would put this as a very close second. I had to always take a break during my workouts to urinate, and my urine was always clear indicating me being hydrated. I took less trips to the water fountain while taking this, as a sip of this would refresh me in between sets. I was very happy with this run and impressed to say the least. BLR had a shipping error and ended up sending me a total of 3 tubs of this, so I gave the other two tubs out to my workout buddies as I wanted to spread the good word of how impressed I was with this product.

The label claims to build muscle, endurance, recovery, and hydrate. Building Muscle and Endurance are hard to say, but recovery and hydrate I would say YES. You can look at this in a round about way and say the recovery and hydration aspects allows you to build muscle and have more endurance, so thats fine. Point is there are no wazoo label claims here. Real nice job here BLR!!

On another note, i found the hydration aspect worked so well, that at times i would wake up hung over this would help me the next morning to get my day going. Just a nice feature that hopefully you do not use that much!

Ironically and surprisingly the best deal you can find on Amino Infusion is from Black Lion themselves, on their website. You can pick up a 30 serving tub for $22 which comes out to 73 cents a day if you only scoop one scoop a day as I did. This is a pretty amazing deal just price wise, but combine the fact that this product is highly effective and uses high quality vegan BCAAs versus the cheap ones, you got yourself a great deal here.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I was truly impressed by my run with Amino Infusion. You are getting a nice dose of BCAAs with some added electrolytes and HICA for good measure, truly making this an effective intra-workout product. I personally prefer to take my BCAAs intra-workout so this product made me very happy. I highly recommend this product if you are in the market for some good tasting, effective BCAAs. Honestly, the value truly makes this worth a shot.