DLP1

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 3 years, and was last online 1 year ago

Reviews by DLP1

Thanks to Barbender Nutrition for sending it out!
  July 19, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
    • Red Dye
    • Underdosed In Areas

Thanks to Barbender for supporting the TROOPS. Torque appears to be their only product at the moment. Fairly solid profile, if a little on the simple side. price is decent at $1/scoop. Full disclosure on the label is always a plus.

I workout 5x per week, cardio 4x per week right after (not on leg day though ;-) ). Normally supersets or trisets for everything. 3x20. One body part per day, except tris and bis are done together, and core on two days in addition.

Torque has a straightforward ingredient profile, and kudos ...

Torque has a straightforward ingredient profile, and kudos for being fully disclosed on the label. For endurance and energy there is 1.25g of betaine and 280mg caffeine anhydrous (amount is fine for me but I would have preferred some slow release caffeine too, as i was running out of energy during the 30min cardio after my workout). There is 500mg of NALT for focus, then 3g L-citrulline malate (I added another 3g) and 3 g of AAKG for pump. For endurance there is 3g of Beta Alanine. No creatine in here.

i was not keen on the heavy use of synthetic red dye. Its not a dealbreaker but unnecessary. Its a nice change when you get a PWO with no colorant at all in it - like the now defunct (I think) Momentum Catalyst.

I had the fruit punch flavor. It was OK. Mixed easily enough (no creatine monohydrate in there which is what normally causes the clumps in PWO mixes). I stuck to a single scoop. At 280mg caffeine anhydrous I dont want to go higher than a single scoop. However, it certainly was not a 3/4 scooper like a couple of PWOs I have tried recently.

Using a single scoop, I found Torque a bit underwhelming overall. Energy was low by the end of my 50min workout, leaving me a bit flat for the 30min cardio. Also, with no creatine in there I found I was a couple of reps short of what I normally do (I normally do supersets 3x20 for everything). And finally the pump wasn't really noticeable. So after a few workouts, I ended up adding 1g taurine, 3g cit malate, 1g Agmatine Sulfate (this works better for me than AAKG for NO production and pumps) and 2.5g creatine HCl to each scoop of torque. Still missing some delayed release caffeine, but with my additions it had most everything I need. Problem then is that the $1/scoop is no longer a great deal, due of the cost of the additions.

Available either direct or from Amazon at $29.99, and the 30 scoop container making Torque $1/dose. Its a decent price, though there are good PWOs out there at under $1/scoop

Side Effects

Conclusion

A simple, straightforward, fully disclosed PWO at a decent price, but doesn't have quite enough to distinguish it from others out there in my opinion.

July 6, 2018

• Clean Energy
    • Fully Disclosed
    • Good Pump

Firstly thanks to Nutrabio for supporting the TROOPS. i have to apologize for the delay in this write up - i have been on the road working in MN the past month and no time to write up.

I workout 5x per week, all high reps (20x) and supersets with minimal rest. I also do 4x30min cardio per week after workouts, and core on two days. I'm 61 and have been lifting continuously since I was 24.

PRE V5 has been well covered on SR, including by me, so I'll compare V5 Natural to that. Its easier to read the label than repeat everything here. As will be familiar to Nutrabio fans, PRE V5 Natural is a fully loaded, clinically dosed, fully disclosed product. Nutrabio have continued to develop this products over the years and also the supporting testing around their products. Key contents are 3.5 g of leucine, 3.2 g of Beta alanine, 3 g creatine mono and 500 mg of chelated creatine, 2.5 g of betaine, 1.3 g malic acid. Then for pump, 6 g of citrulline, 1 g of agmatine, and 750 mg of Nitrosigine. Finally, 2g taurine, 1.5 g of tyrosine, 500 mg choline bitartrate, 350 mg caffeine (100 mg of which is slow release), 300 mg theanine and 100 ug huperzine A

I normally add components to a PWO - creatine, extra taurine and citrulline malate - but no need here.

The difference with the Natural formula is the use of cane sugar as a natural sweetener and natural lemon and stevia flavoring.

It mixed well enough and coloring was a pale green (I had apple flavor). I am OK with pale colors - in fact I prefer no coloring at all. As expected, the test was not up to much. Thats OK with me, but for the additional non-natural components in there I would probably stick with PRE V 5 due to the taste. As with all versions of PRE, I took a level scoop each workout.

Works great every time - good strength, focus and pump, and great energy but not too stimmy thanks to the slow release caffeine component. Just a great PRE experience as always.

I could not find it cheaper than $39.99 for 20 scoops so $2/workout. Nutrabio have their retailers well under control. But free shipping if you have Amazon Prime. Not the cheapest PWO out there but works great every time and no need to add anything at all.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Usual great product from Nutrabio. I would likely go for the regular V5 but no issue at all with the natural version.

9.2
      Thanks to ProSupps for sending it out!
        May 26, 2018

• Possible Jitters
      • Extreme Negative Side Effects

Firstly thanks to ProSupps for supporting the Troops.

Not for the stim averse. But if you like a full on, caffeine loaded experience, this is it, and its at a crazy low price.

Firstly thanks to ProSupps for supporting the Troops.

I must be getting old or something - this is the 2nd straight PWO I have tested that I could only handle at 3/4 scoop. My go to PWO is probably Nutrabio's PRE in its various editions. Stim free PWOs dont do it for me, so i definitely need caffeine in there, but too much and it gets uncomfortable. Although there is 350mg of caffeine supplements in PRE (a bit less when normalized to caffeine), only 250mg is caffeine anhydrous. There is 300mg caffeine anhydrous in Mr Hyde, plus another 120mg of complexed caffeine compounds making 378mg caffeine (normalized) in total. Added to that, the Theacrine appears to enhance the stim effect. I made it work by dropping to 3/4 scoop, and that worked OK, and I had some great workouts. i kept feeling though that I was putting some aggressive stuff in my body even at 3/4 scoop. Well it is called Mr Hyde for a reason: i guess that's to be expected if you choose Mr Hyde over Dr Jekyll.

Mr Hyde has a fully disclosed label with most of the commonly used raws, and almost all at effective doses (a little too effective in the stim dept.). Without listing everything, there is the caffiene matrix as described above, 25mg Theacrine, 50mg NALT for focus, and 25mg GABA, which supposedly has a calming effect in addition to increasing growth hormone production. There is also 1g creatine HCl which is perfect for me and i would have added that anyway. Not much in the way of pump components which is the only thing lacking (L-Citrulline Aspartate only present at 500mg). Finally, there is 3mg Yohimbe extract in there. I'm not a fan of that because it can gives me gastro issues. My wife is even more affected and cant handle it at all. With so many people reporting this i dont know why supporting companies use it. Nutrabio put it in PRE for a while but them removed it - i assume due to negative feedback.

I had the blue razz flavor and it was OK. Nice to see they used spirulina rather than a synthetic dye for color.

Foolishly I tried a full scoop out of the gate. Started to get cold sweats on the way to the gym and got quite uncomfortable. I started to feel a little sick and my heart rate was definitely up. Reminded me of the old recreational days... So after that I dropped to 3/4 scoop for the remainder of the tub. At 3/4 scoop its still pretty intense and I had some very good workouts. Good strength, focus and endurance. Not much in the way of pump was the only real negative. You can drop 1g of agmatine sulfate or 3 capsules of Big Ronnie's Stacked NO to fix that though - and with Mr Hyde's low price, you would still be well ahead.

Amazon has an amazingly good deal at present: $21.99 for a 30 serving tub. Its available from several other retailers at around $22, but free shipping if you are a Prime member on Amazon. Thats $0.73/scoop, or if like me you can only take 3/4 scoop, only $0.54 per workout. I would normally recommend Big Ronnie's Yeah Buddy PWO if on a budget but this beats even that for value.

Side Effects

At 1 scoop: cold sweats, palpitations, nausea...

Conclusion

No doubt the stim freaks will love this. It worked for me at 3/4 scoop, and I got some great workouts. I couldn't help feeling though, that I was just diluting the unpleasant side effects so that they were not so noticeable. The price absolutely cant be beat. if you were on a tight budget you could even drop to 1/2 scoop and still get a good workout.

I agonized over choosing Yes or Meh and finally went with Meh. Yes it works and its great value - but its just a little too fierce for me.

9.2
        April 9, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Fully Disclosed Label
      • Great Pumps
      • Proper Doses
      • Research Based

Full disclosure: I am a Nutrabio fan, as many are on SR. When I am not reviewing PWOs, I am using PRE (yes - bought with my own money).
        The latest version of PRE delivers: quality product, good formulation and predictable results.

Firstly thanks to Nutrabio for supporting the TROOPS. I workout 5x per week, all high reps (20x) and supersets with minimal rest. I also do 4x30min cardio per week after workouts, and core on two days.

PRE has been well covered on SR, and its easier to read the label than repeat everything here. As will be familiar to Nutrabio fans, PRE is a fully loaded, clinically dosed, fully disclosed product. Nutrabio have continued to develop this products over the years and also the supporting testing around their products.

The accompanying letter that came with the test tub (personally signed by the CEO - nice touch) listed all the changes from V4 and also had an analytical report (see pic) from a 3rd party testing lab of the lot in the tub I got for test. Nutrabio is pushing beyond their well known philosophy of full label disclosure and including lot analysis with products on test with TROOPS - impressive.

Regarding the different version of PRE - its a little confusing since the versions are not marked on the tub - you have to go by the product contents. This new rev of PRE has one difference to the formulation of PRE I already had in my cupboard at home: DL Malic acid has been upped from 1.2g to 1.7g in the new version tested here. I was expecting the product on test here to come with V5 on the label but it doesn't - they only way to tell them apart is to check the ingredients. So maybe when I bought several tubs of a few months back was actually PRE 4.5, since the letter accompanying the product on test here listed 11 changes between V4 and v5. Actually there is another difference - the blue razz flavor wasn't available when I bought the PRE "4.5" a while back - but I am getting into the weeds here. Suffice to say that no one will be disappointed in the product contents and doses here.

Note: I was a bit disappointed when Nutrabio added Yohimbe to PRE Extreme a while back and was glad to see they dont add it to PRE, because sometimes yohimbe can give me stomach upset.

I had the Blue Raspberry flavor and it was good - not too synthetic or sweet tasting. I did notice that PRE clumped a little more than I remember. I think its due to the finer particle size of the current product, which means it doesn't wet easily. However, put the lid on the shaker, give it a shake and you are all set. i took one scoop and stuck with that through the whole tub.

As always for me, the effects of PRE were predictable and reliable. Great energy, focus, endurance and good pump. I like the fact that the caffeine was present in both fast and slow release forms, so the 350mg total caffeine present didn't feel too stimmy (only 250mg caffeine anhydrous) - a nice smooth energy build and no crash. But I always had enough energy for my 30min on the Stairmaster after a 45min workout. I had tried a couple of PWOs recently (like Mr Hyde Nitrox) that I had to cut back to 3/4 scoop on because the caffeine hit made it a little too jittery for me.

Nutrabio is doing a very good job managing their distribution network (they are able to to because their brand recognition and ratings are so good). Basically you can buy PRE direct from Nutrabio for $39.99, or from several other places - at the same price. No deals or other offers on this one that I could find. That means $2/scoop, which for a premium product I think is OK.

Side Effects

Conclusion

There are plenty of $1/scoop PWOs out there. A few are pretty decent. But then I find myself adding an extra 1g taurine, some additional citrulline malate, and whatever creatine I am using (normally creatine HCl bought in bulk). So by the time you did all that you are getting towards $2/scoop. May as well just buy PRE: its one of the absolute best. Its what I buy with my own money, anyway.

6.7
        (SR paid for product; PrimaForce did not participate)
          March 27, 2018

Cons:

This was an SR purchased product: thanks to SR for the opportunity to review it. I workout 5x per week, all high reps (20x) and supersets with minimal rest. I also do 4x30min cardio per week after workouts, and core on two days. I have been working out continuously for the past 36 years. Diet is pretty clean with 4-5 small meals/day.

This is a simple product composing of 300mg alpha-lipoic acid (ALA) supplied in powdered for in a gelcap. Primaforce states that ALA decreases fat storage, maximizes muscle fullness and is a potent antioxidant. Looking on Examine.com the evidence to support fat loss is inconclusive: all studies used obese subjects. One reported an 8% fat loss (starting from 40-50% BF) which another found no fat loss with 800mg over 6 months.

Recommended dose is 3 caps/day (300mg/cap). I actually took 4 caps/day since I am over 200lb and I thought I would go to 4/day. I spaced them through the day, 1 cap at a time. The product is packaged In small gelcaps, so no taste. There are 180 caps in the tub, so 2 months supply at the recommended dose.

I must point out here that I ran this alongside Dermacrine and I did experience significant (I thought it was significant - 8.7% down to 8.0-8.2%) fat loss during the run. However what I think happened is that the Dermacrine kicked my metabolism up a notch, and I have managed to keep the BF from coming back for now. I did continue taking ALA for 2 weeks afterwards, and then observed my BF for 2 weeks after finishing the ALA, and my BF has stayed consistent at 8.0-8.2%. Therefore I dont think ALA had any impact on BF.

I was expecting the PH in Dermacrine to build muscle, not burn fat. It didn't build any muscle (neither did ALA, as it was claimed to do). In hindsight I should have run these two products separately. Apologies for that.

Pure ALA is not expensive: I found it for $21.50 with free shipping (non-prime) on Amazon. that $10/month at 3 caps/day

Side Effects

None. Plus its not a stimulant so no jitteriness (which is a good thing). I will note that it is toxic at high levels, so make sure to space out your doses though the day, just to be sure.

Conclusion

I dont believe Pure ALA is effective at burning fat, but I cant say for sure, hence the Meh grade instead of a No grade. The fact that I took a 2 week break and then finished off the tub with now apparent change in BF supports that in my view. That said, its cheap enough to be worth a try if you are looking for an alternative to thermogenics.

Overall
          Thanks to Iconic Formulations for sending it out!
            March 24, 2018

Pros:
           Cons:
          • Burns Fat

Firstly thanks to Iconic Formulations for supporting the TROOPS. I workout 5x per week, all high reps (20x) and supersets with minimal rest. I also do 4x30min cardio per week after workouts, and core on two days. I have been working out continuously for the past 36 years. Diet is pretty clean with 4-5 small meals/day. Being 60, I wanted to see how the product worked for those of us who (ahem) advanced in age and qualify for the Silver Sneakers program down at the gym....

Basically Dermacrine is a transdermal supplement containing the prohorm...

Basically Dermacrine is a transdermal supplement containing the prohormone DHEA with some support products to help prevent excess estrogen being produced. Never having used PH or AAS, I could not compare them with Dermacrine, but obviously its androgenic properties won't be on a par with AAS. A number of good reviewers have already reviewed this and I recommend Warmachine's excellent write up for the background on what it is purported to do. I will focus more on my stats through the run and afterwards.

Weighing just over 200lb, I used 4 pumps per day, applied each morning after a shower to my upper body. Application was really no hassle and the product left no smell or oiliness. At 4 pumps/day the bottle lasted me right on 4 weeks.

**Disclaimer** I also ran Primaforce's Pure ALA (3 caps/day as directed) at the same time. ALA is said to promote fat metabolism. I ran ALA for 3 weeks after finishing the Dermacrine and then waited further 2 weeks to see what happened to my BF and I am pretty confident that the ALA did not have a significant impact on my BF levels. Anyway, back to the Dermacrine.

I measured my stats most days using calipers measured at 3 points, and always fasted, on waking. Below I list weight, body fat % and lean body mass (LBM). My guess is that the calipers are accurate to +/- 0.2%, and my LBM (and total wt.) will vary 1-2lb due to variability in water retention.

Start

End
            Wt. 204.4lb
            BF 8.2%
            LBM 188lb

2 weeks after finishing Dermacrine (continued taking ALA for 2 more weeks from this point)
            Wt. 201.2lb
            BF 8.0%
            LBM 185lb

(Note: after this, BF stayed 8-8.2% 2 weeks after stopping Pure ALA, so i assume it did not have significant impact on my BF)

The Dermacrine really kicked in about 10 days and I could see increased definition in midsection, taper and obliques. My arms were more vascular and I looked better all round, although I did lose some muscle mass. (I'm OK with that because i feel i look better, an din any case unless you take AAS, I think its not realistic to go from ~9% to 8% BF in 2 weeks without losing muscle.) I also appear to have not put the BF back on so far, but the gains I have seen have motivated me to keep working hard on the cardio. My goal now is to add muscle while maintaining 8-8.2% BF.

I dont know if Dermacrine will work the same in a younger person, but I believe it certainly helped me lose BF. I have not looked as lean since i was about 19-20. i have used traditional fat burners before (I liked SKALD), and in my experience they work if you are around 10-12% BF (and higher I assume), but when I got down to 9% or so, taking them had no effect. Dermacrine certainly had an affect on me. Going from ~9% to ~8% was a big step change i have not been able to achieve before and because it happened very quickly I could really see the difference.

At $45 (Amazon) for a 4 week run I dont think it is expensive, given the results i got. I am looking forward to trying it again in a few months to see what happens.

Side Effects

None. No spots, aches, anything.

Conclusion

I beleive Dermacrine really worked for me: I have not looked as lean since I started training age 24. Working from home I have been able to get in the gym 5 days/week over the past 3-4 years and that is a big step up from the 2-3 times/week (and no cardio) that I had been limited to (due to work/motivation) since I was 24. Nevertheless I found that this product really helped me me move up a notch. Looking forward to a run on MK677+Osta at 30mg/day each (which is awesome - I can add about 8lb muscle in a week but I also add some fat and water along with it). Maybe I'll start Dermacrine at the same time as the MK677/MK2866 stack, to see if I can add muscle without fat/water. So in summary, it enabled me to get to ~8% BF, and no other product I have used has been able to do that.

Overall
            Thanks to VMI Sports® for sending it out!
              March 10, 2018

Pros:
             Cons:
            • Quality Ingredients
            • Mixes Perfectly
            • Slightly Higher End Price Tag

Firstly thanks to VMI for supporting the TROOPS.

I workout 5x per week, all high reps (20x) and supersets with minimal rest. I also do 3x30min cardio per week after my workouts, and do core on the other two days. Current BF is 8.0-8.2%

Firstly thanks to VMI for supporting the TROOPS.

25g of non-GMO protein in each 29.6g scoop. ZERO fat! Cant really go wrong there. Kudos for VMI too for using non-GMO raw material. MyProtein does not make any non-GMP claim for its Impact Whey isolate (normally my go-to product), so i assume its not GMO. Points to VMI for that one. MyProtein also quotes <0.5g fat, so VMI again has the edge there. Overall calories basically similar after correcting for scoop weight, at around 100.

Taste of course is strongly subjective. VMI has 7 flavors, not your standard vanilla, chocolate etc, but quite cool sounding names like Snickerdoodle and vanilla cake batter, which I got. Unfortunately it was way too sweet for my liking. I am not really marking it down for that because there are lots of sweet tooths out there and most will love it. Mixing, as you would expect from an isolate, was excellent. i used it with 50/50 chilled milk and water, and although I always use a Ninja bullet blender, I have no doubt it would blend easily in a blender bottle. I used a level scoop and took it on rising each morning, and about an hour after workout (4pm): I work out 5x per week. I prefer to get some fast carbs in right after my workout - rice cakes with jam and then down a protein shake about an hour later. When I have a really hard session in the gym, plus extra cardio, I sometimes wake with a raging hunger in the middle of the night. So I made a shake with VMI isolate and a couple of scoops of ground oats. Because the VMI isolate is so easy to digest, i could get back to sleep right away.

I dont find its possible to say how well a protein powder works over a month or so, but you know that you are getting 25g of quality protein with each scoop. (OK I am taking VMI's word here since this product has not been tested on labdoor.com, but VMI is a reputable brand according to SR readers, so I have no real reason to doubt the label). I can say that it digested super easily.

AllStar Health has it for $33 (1.6lb). MyProtein sells their Impact Whey Isolate for $34.99 for 2.2lb, and MyProtein frequently has discount offers. MyProtein's isolate has 22g of protein per 25g scoop (88% protein) for unflavored, dropping to about 85% for vanilla, while VMI's is 25g in 29.6g (84% protein). On that basis its a little bit hard to justify choosing the VMI product over MyProtein (although MyProtein is a market leader in my view for quality vs price) based on price. Compared to many other products, VMI will come out well.

Side Effects

Conclusion

No doubt this is a quality product: light, fluffy and so easy to mix and digest. Not the cheapest out there but its non-GMO and made by a brand well respected here on SR. And if you have a sweet tooth the taste will be a bonus!

Overall
            Thanks to Destine Nutrition for sending it out!
              March 7, 2018

Pros:
             Cons:
            • No Crash
            • DMHA High
            • No Pump Ingredients

Thanks to Destine for supporting the TROOPS.

Thanks to Destine for supporting the TROOPS.

Gold Dust (GD) is a fairly conventional stim focused PWO (with one exception), and as others have said, not much in the way of pump ingredients (other than a couple for increased blood flow). Caffeine is on the high side at 350mg. Also for stim - and here is the exception mentioned above - 2-aminoisoheptane (DMHA) is present at 200mg. DMHA is a similar compound to the well known and semi banned DMAA. According to Priceplow, 200mg DMHA is said to be equivalent to about 85mg of DMAA, and I certainly would not want to go higher than that. also in there are the usual beta alanine for short term performance, taurine to support it and NALT for focus. L-theanine and theobromine for increased blood flow. Dosage is pretty solid for all the above. It also has yohimbe at 2.5mg for fat burning which i am not a fan of because it often gives me gastro problems. That said, i didn't have any urgent bathroom calls before heading for the gym.

There is no creatine in here but thats fine with me since I prefer to dose myself with 2g of HCl for every workout.

GD mixed easily enough in cold water and tasted pretty nice - I got the grape bubble gum version which had a very pleasant grape/cherry flavor, and not to sweet. First time out I took a full scoop and whoa! A bit too stimmy! I used 3/4 scoop after that, all the way through. Lots of dyes in here that I would have done without.

This is definitely a full on stim product. Compared to one of my go to PWOs which also contains 350mg caffeine (Nutrabio's PRE), GD is definitely stronger from a stim perspective, and I am sure its due to the DMHA. I dropped it to 3/4 scoop and that was fine for me: its the only PWO I have found a full scoop to be just too much. Even at 3/4 scoop, if i didn't get in a good 60 min workout plus 30 min cardio, I was still buzzing hard after the gym. Focus was great too, though not much in the way of pump. Drop 3 caps of Ronnie Coleman's Stacked-NO with this on arm day and you are good to go!

$1 per scoop is my sweet spot for good value and at $44.99 (only available from Destine) its on the high side, but I was only doing 3/4 scoop, which gives you 40 scoops, and brings down to just over $1/scoop. And for that you are getting a full on workout. Price should come down if Destine rolls it out to retailers.

Side Effects

Too stimmy if overdosed.

Conclusion

I'll add this to my short list of go to PWOs. The combination of caffeine and DHMA, even at 3/4 scoop, ensures you'll never run out of steam before the end of the workout.

February 1, 2018

Pros:
             Cons:
            • Great Value
            • Solid Company

Two ingredients I always use following a workout are BCAAs to prevent DOMS and a source of fast acting carbs to replenish glycogen used during the workout to prevent muscle protein synthesis and loss of muscle. if fact I like to get a head start on these and actually use them to make up an Intra workout drink. I like Myprotein's flavored BCAA which is a quality product at a great price. For carbs I use NOW Dextrose. This review will cover NOW's Sports Dextrose powder.

Th label states that 18g of sugars are contained in each 20g serving. It ...

Th label states that 18g of sugars are contained in each 20g serving. It would be good to know what the other 2 grams are... presumably organic (non carbohydrate) residue from the corn that the dextrose is derived from. Anyway, 20g is only 70 calories, and no added sweeteners. Non-GMO too which is always a bonus.

I add about 30g to my intra workout drink. Mixes easily. Virtually no taste (at least not over the flavored BCAA that I add with it).

Very difficult to measure. I have put on some good quality muscle this past year by switching my workouts to high rep (x20) and supersets on everything. I feel the use of dextrose helped (I have been using this for about 2 years), but its not really possible to isolate it and confirm.

I am sure the highly branched cyclic dextrin used by Nutrabio in its PRE Extreme PWO is a more quickly absorbed fast carb source, but I doubt the effectiveness is really any different to dextrose, and NOW dextrose is much more economical to use.

The 10lb tub is great value at $26 on Amazon (free shipping with PRIME). Allstar Health also has it for $22 currently, but you have to add shipping, so it works out the same. For this you get 10lbs of dextrose - good for about 150 doses at 30g/dose. That works out at $0.15 per workout - cant beat that! There are other brands offering dextrose powder but none come close to NOW's pricing. Actually NOW's 2lb bag is about the same price if you buy 5 bags.

Side Effects

Conclusion

At $0.15 per workout I use this all the time as an insurance against muscle protein breakdown following a workout - especially if its going to be more than an hour before you can eat post workout. And I can vouch for NOWs quality (well, at least their product testing). I company I worked for sold instrumentation into NOWs own testing lab in Chicago, and that has a reputation as a very good quality testing lab. NOW products in any case have a good reputation in the industry. Cant go wrong with this product.

January 19, 2018

Pros:
               Cons:
              • Good Recovery

Firstly thanks to Nutrabio for supporting the TROOPS.

I know a few people at my gym that use glutamine and rate it highly, so I decided to give this a shot since I had not used glutamine before. The fact that this product is also made by Nutrabio was also a plus since they have a great reputation for quality and transparency (and ranked #1 brand on SR.com).

This product contains 100% L-Glutamine from Kyowa Pharma Chemical Co. nothing else - no flavors or colorants. Enough said: pharma grade product.

I floo...

Firstly thanks to Nutrabio for supporting the TROOPS.

I floored instructions and took 2 x 5g doses per day. I took mine pre-and post workout on workout days. Mixes in water quite easily, so I just threw it in my PWO and post workout BCAA drink. Its tasteless.

L-glutamine is an amino acid that is said to help reduce muscle breakdown by the body as it replaces glycogen used up in training. It is also claimed to reduce DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness - typically experienced 2 days after an intense workout - especially with those new to weight training). During the time I ran this product I was on no other products other than protein shakes, BCAA, creatine and a PWO. I had recently run MK677/MK2866 (Ostarine) for about 8 weeks, and coming off that I had dropped 10lb (mostly muscle) in 10 days. So starting with the Glutamine, I was eating pretty clean, and 210-211lb, and 8.0-8.3% BF. I stayed the same weight and BF through the run, so i cant say that glutamine helped me add mass (or maybe it prevented me losing a little lean mass - cant say either way). What it did do is reduce DOMS. I have been mixing up my exercises a lot more recently, to keep the muscles guessing. I am also doing high reps and supersets/trisets for everything. I have used BCAAs to reduce DOMS for several years and they always work great. In hindsight, they probably reduced DOMS by about 70%. Using Glutamine, though, (along with BCAAs) the DOMS dropped to zero. I mean nothing. And I am hitting the weights hard.

I dont try glutamine without BCAA - that owl have been interesting to see the fact on DOMS. But since I will always take BCAA, there did not seem much point.

Cheapest available is Amazon at $19.99 for 500g, which if you are Prime member, is the cheapest way to go. That gives you 50 days dose at 40c per day. There are others slightly cheaper, but for an extra $1-2 I would go with Nutrabio.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I cant really say glutamine added mass or prevented muscle breakdown, but it definitely reduced DOMS for me. If you suffer with that, or are relatively new to hard weight training, then glutamine can be a great addition to your supplement regime.