Bobzilla87

• Reputation is somewhat low. (+36)
  • Was an active member for 3 years, but hasn't been online since September, 2014
  • Member has only posted 3 reviews
  • Low community participation

Reviews by Bobzilla87

May 6, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Dry And Lean Gains
  • Good Pump
  • Severe Lethargy
  • Libido Shut Down
  • Back Pumps
Greetings, SR nation. I spend way too much time on this site researching supplements daily to not start providing my own reviews. I'm going review the product Alpha-1 Max by Blackstone Labs and the experience I had during my 4 week cycle. Ingredient breakdown:

Serving Size: 1 capsule
Servings per container: 60
Active ingredient: Methyl-1-Etiocholenolol-Epietiocholanolone (AKA Alpha One, Methyl-1-Alpha, Methyl 1-AD) 20 mg

Cycle Structure: Ran it for 4 weeks as follows (mg) taking each capsule spread out by at least 6 hours.

40/40/60/60

Support supplements: AI Sports Nutrition L...

Serving Size: 1 capsule
Servings per container: 60

40/40/60/60

Support supplements: AI Sports Nutrition Life Support (4 pills ED), PES Erase (the new version – excludes arimistane), multivitamin, joint support, fish oil and additional milk thistle concentrated tabs (1000 mg). I tried to avoid pre-workouts during my cycle but I occasionally used MusclePharm Assault as needed due to the lethargy (which will be discussed).

PCT: Clomid 50/50/50/25, Lecheek Nutrition T-X3, Isatori Isatest GF, IronMag Labs Osta RX (20 mg daily), Lecheek Nutrition Cycle Armor. For those of you who don't know, Osta RX is an EXCELLENT product to use as a "bridge" between cycles. I have read countless reviews on its value as a PCT supplement, and while I was hesitant to use it due to the potential shut-down SARM's MAY have on the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis (HPGA), this stuff worked amazingly. My energy and libido were excellent during PCT and my testicles hypertrophied just as much as they always do while recovering from a pro-hormone/hormone cycle with a SERM and OTC products, so in my opinion OSTA Rx can definitely be used as a bridge compound during PCT without any inhibition of natty test production. I actually got stronger on my PCT than I was during my cycle :-O

Categorical Rating Breakdown:

TASTE: N/A they are small tasteless capsules.

VALUE: 8/10

I purchased this from Amazon for $42.99 and get free two-day shipping with my Prime account. Not too shabby. Got some decent gains for a decent price. However, other sites (Blackstone Labs, Strong Supplement Shop) sell this for $64.99 which is too steep for the reward.

DESCRIPTION OF EXPERIENCE:

Week 1: It didn't take long for the pills to kick in (about 3 days) and I experienced a "fuller" feeling in my muscles throughout the day and an increased pump/vascularity at the gym. My major lifts (bench, military, squat, deadlift) didn't experience too much of an increase in weight but the endurance was much improved. I gained 3 lbs on the scale and definitely had an increased desire to work out harder and longer.

Week 2: This is when the product really shined. I decided to start deadlifting again a couple weeks prior to starting this product, and to be honest 405 felt relatively heavy so I didn't attempt to increase that weight at all. Could I have done more? Probably but not THAT much more. The 2nd week into my Alpha-1 I hit 475 on the deadlift and the form looked flawless (I took a video to check for form). My bench press was also significantly improved, as I was able to hit 275 for 7.5 reps (I needed some help on my last one). The week prior to that I hit 245 for 10, so this was definitely a noticeable increase. My standing barbell military press also increased by 10 lbs compared to the week prior. Vascularity was through the roof and I had a sick PUMP throughout each of my workouts. My scale weight was up a total of 6 lbs. No lethargy, though my sex drive definitely DECREASED starting the 2nd week. One thing worth noting is that the gains were extremely DRY from this compound. I had no apparent water retention and my joints were actually kind of achy during my heavier presses, indicating a low estrogen environment.

Week 3: There really wasn't too much of an improvement from the week prior so I upped the dosage from 40 mg to 60 mg. My major lifts improved only by maybe 5-10 lbs or so in comparison to the 2nd week, and I was still extremely vascular and pumped. Toward the end of week 3 I started suffering from some SEVERE LETHARGY and my sex drive was virtually non-existent. I could still use my "tool" when needed but my swimmers were lacking, if you know what I'm saying. I figured I would gut through it and just use pre-workout more often. I ended up purchasing some ProSupps Mr. Hyde (DMAA free version) pre-workout due to its high concentration of stimulants, and this seemed to help slightly during my workouts to endure until completion. I know it's not good for your blood pressure to do this, but honestly I was falling asleep half the time when I reached mid-workout.

Week 4: This was the most regrettable week of the cycle. If I could do it over again, I would have made this a 3 week cycle. The lethargy level was so extensive that I had an EXTREMELY difficult time getting out of bed in the morning and any and all signs of alpha male mentality were absent. I was extremely "out of it" at work and throughout the day. The lethargy was most extreme about an hour after taking a serving of the product, which was expected. I only was able to work out twice this week because I just plain and simple did not have the desire to do so. The two workouts I completed actually were inferior to those performed the week prior in terms of strength and endurance, so the effects of the products definitely diminished at this stage.

STRENGTH AND ENDURANCE: 7.9/10.
I gave this category a C+ because while the strength and endurance gains were there, they weren't all that awe-inspiring. I've had better strength gains taking halodrol for the same amount of time. But they were definitely noticeable.

PUMPS AND VASCULARITY: 8.8/10.
This is where the product shined its greatest. Definitely worth of an B+. My muscles felt full all day and every day, and my veins were bulging out much more conspicuously than they were prior to the cycle. I especially swelled up like a water balloon intra-workout. The last week on the product the pumps and vascularity sort of disappeared, however.

SIDE EFFECTS: 5.8/10
The downfall of the product. To be fair I'll give it an F+. The aforementioned lethargy and libido loss were debilitating to say the last toward the latter 1.5 weeks of the cycle, but supplementing with a test base (either the real deal or dermacrine, 4-DHEA, epiandrosterone, etc.) may provide a MUCH needed alleviation of these symptoms. Another side effect I experienced was slight back pumps. I only hit cardio a couple of times during my cycle (treadmill jogging) and when I did my lower back tightened up quite a bit. However, the back pumps aren't as severe as they are with something like winstrol, which has you curled up in a little ball cringing in pain if you run more than a ½ mile straight. If you take some taurine at high dosages every day it might take care of it, however. I am pleased to announce that there was NO WATER RETENTION during the use of this compound and the gains were extremely high quality and dryx.

EFFECTIVENESS: 7.5/10 (summation of strength/endurance, pumps/vascularity and side effects).

SUMMARY: I would ABSOLUTELY RECOMMEND USING A TEST BASE while cycling on this product. The lethargy and libido loss were the worst that I have experienced since supplementing with orals (I've taken Tren, Havoc, Epistane, H-drol, Halozol, Anavar and Winny). I figured I would be able to gut it out solo for four weeks without a test base but I gambled and lost. I definitely got stronger (about 20 lb increase on bench, huge increase in my deadlift, modest increase in squat) and had an EXCELLENT PUMP AND VASCULARITY during the first 2.5 weeks of the cycle, but from that point forward the bad absolutely outweighed the good. I was tired, didn't like girls and was absolutely unmotivated to work out or exist as a human. Not to mention I didn't gain any strength during this time. TAKE A TEST BASE WITH THIS PRODUCT!!

OVERALL: 7.0/10

I give this product a C- overall. This product is pretty decent as a stand-alone for strength, pump and vascularity with minimal weight gain. I wasn't looking to gain a ton of weight so this was ideal for my current goals. I put on a total of 7 lbs during the use of this product and increased my major lifts a decent amount as I pointed out earlier. I have a very strict diet that I abide by, however, which leads me to believe that if you included this in a "dirty bulk" you could definitely put on more than 7 lbs. The reason I'm giving the product a 7.5/10 is because while I did gain some size and strength from this compound, the gains weren't THAT great when matched up against the harsh side effects that were present. I actually would prefer halodrol over this as the sides are much more subtle and the weight gain and strength gains are highly comparable (to be honest I got stronger when I was taking H-drol at 75 mgs ED). I WOULD RECOMMEND USING THIS PRODUCT BUT NOT WITHOUT A TEST BASE included in your cycle support regimen. You can probably stack this with a non-methylated "wet" bulker and get some awesome gains. Perhaps Max LMG or 4-DHEA (high dose).

August 13, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Crash
  • No Jitters
  • Sustained Energy
  • Hard To Find (not Sold
This product is, to date, my favorite pre-workout supplement. I've taken NO-Xplode, Hemo Rage (the Original and the ultra concentrated one), Jack3d, Animal Rage, Assault, 1-MR and C4, so I consider myself qualified to review a PWO. It is very concentrated (3.5 g per scoop) and 2 scoops is PLENTY for an excellent and intense workout. The energy components in the ingredient profile are great (1,3 dimethyl, caffeine, tyrosine) and are at a good concentration, as you don't get the jitters nor do you crash as is experienced with a lot of other PWOs. The best part of this product is that it includes a very cutting edge and positively reviewed test Booster, D-Aspartic Acid. It seems to really take your endurance and intensity to another level, giving you that "can't leave the gym" effect which leads to longer and more productive workouts. I would recommend 2 scoops if you're training prior to 5 p.m. and 1 scoop prior to evening sessions. It starts working within 5-10 minutes since it's so concentrated. I have had great success with this product for lifting and/or cardio and would suggest giving it a try. The only complaint I have is the low concentration of Beta Alanine (less than a gram per 2 scoops)- increasing the amount of this may make it more appealing to buyers.