AestheticsUK

• Moderate community participation

Reviews by AestheticsUK

July 11, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Enhanced Endurance
  • Increased Power
  • Good Pump
  • No Creatine
  • Wish It Tasted Better
After a while out I have returned! And as you know I am always keen to try new PWOs and provide some feedback.

I have to start out by saying that this will contrast COMPLETELY from the last review. (It is so strange how PWOs can be so hit and miss - blows one persons head off and turns their PBs into their warm up sets! And then makes the next person curl up and give up on life....)

I chose this one because I was looking for a PWO that was cheap (of course we scan the price tags immediately), had the ingredients that I knew had a high probability of 'hitting the spot' without high carbs or sugars and which came from a reputable and reliable source.

Well straight off the bat I saw 40 servings of Blue Raspberry for 14 - which is dirt cheap at UK pricing (reduce that further to trade rate for somebody like me in the industry and it becomes cheap as peanuts). MRI - used that company before (used black powder V1 which I loved and have a review on here for) and the ingredients all looked good to go (stuff that I have purchased in raw form before to form my own PWOs) - so I had a fairly good idea that this would be a pre work out that would in fact 'work out'.

LABEL READS:

40 Servings Fruit Punch
Serving Size 1/2 Scoop (6 g)
Servings Per Container40
Amount Per Serving % DV **
Sodium (From Disodium Phosphate & Sodium Bicarbonate) 65 mg 3%
Potassium (From Potassium Aspartate & Potassium Bicarbonate) 192.5 mg 6%
Total Carbohydrates 1 g <1%
Phosphorus (From Disodium Phosphate) 25 mg 3%
Proprietary Blend For Size & Strength 2,327.5mg **
L-Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate, CarnoSyn Beta-Alanine, Disodium Phosphate, Potassium Aspartate, Choline Bitartarate, ActiNOS CFM P
Proprietary Blend For Stamina And Endurance 800mg **
Potassium Bicarbonate, N-Acetyl-L-Carnitine Hydrochloride, Sodium Bicarbonate
Proprietary Blend Of Neuro-Modulators For Focus & Intensity 587mg **
L-Tyrosine, L-Taurine, Caffeine Anhydrous, Glucuronolactone, Vanadyl Sulfate, Mucuna Pruriens Extract 10% (Seed), Advantra Z (Bitter Orange) (Fruit)
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
** Daily Value not established
Other Ingredients:
Natural And Artificial Flavor (Fruit Punch), Citric Acid, Maltodextrin, Silicon Dioxide, Sucralose, FD&C Red #40.
NO Statement:
Milk, Eggs,Wheat, Soy, Gluten, Fish, Shell Fish, Nuts, Tree Nuts

Now your Sodium and Potassium etc are all your electrolytes for hydration (which is important for both blood flow and performance - pump and effective training)
Your Bicarbonate etc - these are fatigue buffers (they are actually banned in many sports such as NFL - thats an idea of how strong and effective they can be for performance)
Your AAKG - again same kind of theme as the above along with the rest of the prop-blend - all designed to facilitate NOS delivery product - enhancing nutrient delivery including glucose, oxygen, water and blood volume, enhancing endurance, volumising muscles, extenuating the venous system and increasing power output.

Reasons why these effects may be reduced in some cases ^:

Adding too much caffeine elsewhere in the diet (caffeine can restrict veins rather than dilate them which has a negative and opposite effect to a NOS enhancer)
Inadequate hydration - lack of water reduces BP and reduces absorption and volumisation of cells
Consuming with solid food - this allows PWO formulations to mix with food - become absorbed by food and taken into the bowel AWAY from the stomach and away from the bloodstream and thus excreted = money down the toilet LITERALLY.

Interesting that the product has NO CREATINE (would like to see Ethyl ester or Kre-alkalyn in there which is why I cannot rate 9)

As always I mix with BCAA's, L-Glutamine and Ethyl Esther (I do this with EVERY PWO so it is always a fair test). However I mixed these in a separate glass as BCAAs taste like Paracetamol, Ethyl Esther tastes like battery acid and glutamine tastes like a badger **** and I didnt want to adulterate the taste of the black powder.

The Blue raspberry looked quite colourful atop the ICE in the glass and made it look quite noticeably similar to one of Heisenburg's concoctions with an Aqua Blue tint to it....
Taste wise - not the best, but then again with salt and Bicarb it is difficult for a PWO to taste great as they tend to make the solution quite Alkaline and chalky like a smooth, milky toothpaste solution (not that it tasted really bad - the taste was still pleasant - but the ingredients dictate a great deal of the consistency and taste). Then again as you will find with all of my reviews Effect + Ingredients >>>> Taste. I Pay for results NOT taste that's what a cheat meal is for...
Granted if you can find a product at the same price, yielding the same results with the same ingredients + superior taste - then yes it is going to score higher.

Overall I experienced precisely what I anticipated + a great deal more.

The energy boost was enough to appreciate and respect without becoming some kind of amphetamine trip followed by the hard crash (ie the caffeine dose is effective, but not overkill like some of the ephedrine derived stims out there going under fancy names). The strength and endurance boost was considerable to say the least - When I was EXPECTING to be weak or beaten by optimistic goals for my lifts I was actually excelling - kind of like a reverse placebo - your mind expects failure - your body proves otherwise. I loved that.
I had come off some strong PHs in which I made considerable gains in mass and strength and put this in alongside the PCT to provide some 'back-up' to stop my workouts suffering now that the cycle had ended. I should note that this was in there alongside SNS reduce XT (cortisol supressor) and BOOM - lifts on most exercises WENT UP not down. Post cycle you expect to see your workouts suffer... NOT MINE. The idea is always to cycle things effectively so that your body has something new to use in its arsenal. Yes I was hormonally lower after ceasing the cycle - but I was higher in other values once this product went in so thus this product compensated well. (I am not advocating this as a PCT supplement it is not a replacement for healthy hormone levels - I am purely pointing out that ALONGSIDE a PCT it had great effects and really proved its worth under the circumstances by facilitating STRONGER workouts when I expected WEAKER ones).

Of course PWOs are hit and miss - but for me the products are a 'hit' based on trial and reasearch and the product is a hit for me personally.

Great price, great ingredients, great effects. 8 Overall. Would have had 9 if it included creatine EE and a further 10 if it had that along with superior taste.

April 19, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Long Acting For Longer Fat Loss
  • More Innovative Stimulants
  • Effective
  • Jittery
  • Maybe To Strong For Some People
  • Long Acting Can Be Negative Too
First of all I want to point out that I am very stim tolerant. I could easily triple scoop the old Jack3d each day and get by pretty steady.

I can mix stims fairly well - for example double scoop SPEED X3 with double scoop Alphamine for example.

So I am usually very resistant.

However with this, even on half caps I feel tight chested and a little jittery....

I have used Dexaprine twice now - the first time around I was on high calories and put in this in as a recomposition agent alongside my cardio and gym sessions.

I was using half cap fasted morning cardio and then the other half c...

So I am usually very resistant.

I was using half cap fasted morning cardio and then the other half cap pre workout.

What I noticed was that even after a good hour of weights the stim still carried through to post workout cardio sessions. My Heart Rate would already be at 150 without having to do much work which kept me in a steady burning zone without feeling like I was struggling.

Overall it was a very good recomposition - and was a great success - however I cannot put that all down to Dexparine as it was part of a more comprehensive cycle - the Dexaprine just helped with the cardio and metabolic output.

This time around I put the dexaprine in during my last part of a HEAVY cut - this time full cap fasted cardio mixed with a scoop of SPEED X3

I think I bit off a little more than I could chew this time - as it does help a great deal with the cardio at this stage (struggling to maintain intensity and complete the set time/distance) - however what you end up with is a long acting feeling of shakey and unsteady breathing

- and thats after a great deal of tolerance build up of the stims.

I could probably get away with it - but then adding in a pre workout sup pushes me over the edge - has me feeling unsafe and paranoid and lasts right through to the NEXT day.

Of course baring in mind I am at the end of a heavy cut and on very very low carbs and low sodium so that probably makes me feel much more unsteady.

The Dexaprine is VERY long acting - it seems to remain active and I recommend against stacking with other stims and I recommend trying half a cap first.

If you are susceptible to stims, feel shaky or get jittery I'd recommend avoiding...

What I like about Dexaprine is that the stims are not Caffeine reliant like 90% of every other product on the shelves - which means that you can use something like this and it actually works because you aren't already resistant to it on the first dose... Furthermore there is a long acting effect which gives you more opportunity for fat loss.

As for safety - I do not know how safe these stims are for your thyroid. I had my thyroid checked a while back after the first time using this stuff and everything came back fine - but I wasn't mixing with other stims and my cycle was 4 weeks tops.

I think I am going to avoid using again this time as it is too strong and too long acting for me - or I may just ditch all of the other stim products all together and see how I go on half caps of this...

April 19, 2014

• Rapid Heartbeat After Workout
  • Unfocused Due To Jitters
  • No AAKG
  • Bloat
Throughout my reviews you will notice that I try a lot of pre workouts and a lot of stimulants.

Needless to say I am quite resistant to most PWO powders, many of them I find average or just give me a little kick or boost and most of the time I need a PWO just to feel normal in a gym session!

HYDE was different for me.....

Not in that the gym workouts blew me away vs other products, but simply because of how awful it can make me feel.

First I will highlight ingredients:

Strength Matrix 5000mg "
Beta Alanine
Creatine hydrochloride
L-Leucine
L-Citrulline Malate
Agatine Sulfate
Caffeine M...

HYDE was different for me.....

First I will highlight ingredients:

Infinergyâ„¢ (Dicaffeine Malate)
Caffeine Citrate
Intensity Matrix 194mg "
Swertia Chirayita Qhole Plant Extract
Acacia Rigidula Leaf Extract (std. min. 25% Phenylethylamine)
N-Isopropyloctopamine
Rauwolfia Vornitoria Root Extract (std.min. 90% Alpha-Yohimbine)
Yohimbine Bark Extract (std. min. 98% Yohimbine HCL
Focal Matrix 60mg "
Pikatropin®g; (Picamilon)
Nobile Orchid (Dedrobium nobile) Stem Extract (10:1)
N-Phenylacetyl-L-prolylgycine ethyl ester

Pump/strength/endurance wise - the components in there fit the bill. I found that I could maintain weight and reps and fight through my workout despite being in a heavy cut and massively depleted. Power just seems to come from somewhere - but that usually happens with whatever I have been using recently...
So in terms of performance - no Hyde doesnt lack in that area

I would have liked to have seen AAKG s in here as I find those much needed to make a pump and endurance supplement complete - so I ended up adding my own which is of course an added cost and hassle.

There is something however in this stuff that makes my abdominal area feel uncomfortable and bloated - which is really not what you want on a cut. I cannot see it being the HCL however....but it would be nearly impossible to isolate a reason. It also makes me feel slightly sick - which doesnt help the bloated feel.

Creatine HCL - I am relatively happy with I seem to respond well to those products.

The Yohimbine - relevant to fat loss for me which is what I wanted as part of my pre workout....

However I get on much much less favourably with this than I did the SPEED X3.

With the SPEED X3 I can triple scoop and feel very drugged from the yohimbine - but it doesnt make me feel paranoid and fear cardiac arrest like the HYDE does. The problem with the SPEED X3 was mainly the bowel irritation which HYDE also causes in me (though not as badly).
I think there must be something about the Caffeine blend and/or other components in this HYDE that interacts badly with the Yohimbine or other stimulants.

(I have been using other fat burners/stims on a morning for cardio - which normally sit well with whatever pre workout I put in).

This time even on recommended dosage of HYDE I can easily have heavy breathing - shortness of breathe - feelings of instability and intense anxiety/paranoia

Again this could be an interaction with other products like Speed X3 or Dexaprine - however I suspect it something mainly intrinsic to HYDE.

The stim effect seems to last for literally hours - I took once at 1PM pre gym and remained awake with an unsettled heart rate at 10-11PM and again a similar time frame.

I have used a few times at half doses or 1.5 doses and it doesnt seem to matter - I can get one of these episodes regardless with this stuff. It is awful and It makes me feel mentally unwell and unstable - with extreme jitters and all the respiratory problems - but most of all an intense anxiety and worry about having a heart attack...... until it begins to wear off and you feel much less anxious and paranoid

I wont be using HYDE again now due to the unpredictable nature I have experienced. In My Speed X3 review I pointed out that the stim/yohimbine stack was distracting at the gym - which made me favour it as a pre cardio supplement instead (which I love SPEED X3 for) - but Hyde - I dont think I could use it for that purpose either - especially when it triggers such bad respiratory response for me.

I have a friend who used it - a very experienced body builder who is like me and not by any means lacking any hairs on his chest when it comes to stims and compounds - he said it made him feel awful and the come down was unreal.

It seems that HYDE really can make you feel like HYDE - not yourself...........

Again - users all vary, tolerance levels all vary and we all have varied reactions - and of course some people cope well with mixing stims - some dont.

So I won't say avoid this product (unless you have any medical conditions or you have had any extreme reactions to stimulants or yohimbine in the past) - all I will say is definitely try the recommended dosage or half it first. Many of us who have trained for years and become resistant to stims/PWOS tend to just skip that stage especially since companies often like to put 'ONE DOSE WARNING !!! ' labels all over their stuff to make it look more potent than it is - and in most cases we double scoop and we get a soft spot - but in some cases these take us by surprise and we find ourselves vulnerable.....

So yes, test tolerance.

Taste wise - NOT....BAD.....NOT GREAT.

It makes a thin fruity drink - I prefer them to be a little thicker in texture so they dont go right through you and you feel like your getting more of a treat drink out of it. I had PUNCH flavour - kind of a little somewhere between punch and cherry - with a slight artificial taste - but sweet and not chemical tasting (bitter etc).
The mild nausea I mentioned earlier may well stem from the sweet artificial taste, the thinness and possibly whatever it is in there that bloats me.

Overall mark also drops because of the lack of AAKG and the bloating effect.

If it wasn't for the bad reaction I would rate higher. To be honest the stim complex may work very well for some people - without a bad reaction (which I think is more likely for this product than many others) - then it has the potential to be a nice little strength/endurance booster come focus and fat loss product which is what I had hoped it would work for me as.

April 12, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Srength Gains
  • Libido Gains
  • Sex Drive Gains
  • Potential Sides
  • Needs More Research Or Evidence
I am glad I have the chance to be the first to review this one.

I like to be able to get some feedback up for products that don't necessarily get talked about much on review sites...

Thanks to SR for taking on my suggestion and putting this up here.

I apologise for the length of this review, however I am the first one so I want to be comprehensive and there is a lot to discuss with this product.

First of all:

The purpose or objective that RELOAD sets out as a product is for it to either be used as:

I am glad I have the chance to be the first to review this one.

Thanks to SR for taking on my suggestion and putting this up here.

First of all:

a) A Stand alone supplement for boosting test and thus improving gains and performance in your sport or gym goals.

b) A Post Cycle Therapy product aimed at sustaining gains made during cycle and helping to return the body back to its original hormonal state....

Here is what is in a 'RELOAD' bottle:

Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Servings per container: 30

Amount Per Serving

Zinc (Zinc Asparte) 10mg
Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol)
Reload (proprietary blend)

Bulbine Natalensis (7:1 Stems), Fenugreek Seeds (20% protodioscin), Resveratol (50% std), tongkat ali extract, milk thistle (80%)

Other Ingredients: Rice Flower, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide, gelatin (capsule), FD&C Red #3, Yellow #6

It is a proprietary blend - so obviously the immediate disadvantages or flaws are easily seen when one does not know how much they are getting for their money or per serving.....

The Zinc and Vitamin D3 are well researched and highly relevant to optimal hormone function (which of course is beneficial for training and for bringing hormone levels back into check). However, do not over estimate their use through this product - adequate diet can easily provide these in food state which your body prefers and absorbs well.

Your second prop blend includes Fenugreek, Tongkat Ali aka 'Long Jack' and Resveratol.
The three of those are often found in test boost or PCT supplements and are claimed to boost testosterone.

I am yet to see sufficient evidence of this on paper.
There is some research out there somewhere to suggest that Long Jack increases test by between 200-400 % - however research is often very unreliable - particularly within the supplement industry when so many $$$ are counting on it turning up neg or pos results for certain parties...

What I find in practice when using these products is an increased sex drive, increased sex performance, increased libido and actually improved gym performance (however no proof there that testosterone itself is affected).
I would argue that their inclusion is relevant and beneficial for athletic performance (obviously beneficial then if you are wanting to maintain strength/performance gains whether on a PCT or not) - but not necessarily beneficial for actually optimising hormones (which IS essential during a PCT). Alot of these effects could be felt from an increase in wellbeing and libido - if you still feel like you're 'ON' then perhaps performance is going to reflect that mental and physical feeling. - I am not necessarily against libido boosting supplements - if it helps you lift and breaks plateaus then it means your workouts are improving and so probably will your gains and the supplement has served a purpose at the end of the day....
However specifically using and relying on these for hormonal increases may not yield the benefits...

Milk thistle - well established as an antioxidant and for lowering cholesterol (relevant to training whether on a PCT or not - but during PCT very relevant).

Bulbine Natalensis - now this stuff I will vouch for in terms of gym performance and results.
Every person I have spoken to who uses bulbine has commented on the strength boosts. In fact I know many power lifters who say they prefer this stuff to 'juice' for their lifts and endurance. And those fellas opt for RELOAD specifically.

Research has shown increases of test by up to 300% - and although I have highlighted the flaws of supplement research - I am inclined to believe that the test boosts are at least moderate.

Bulbine is also seemingly anti estrogenic - lowering base levels by up to 70% - so for somebody who wants to keep estrogen down during a PCT - this may fit the bill.

The problems with RELOAD is there is no way of knowing how high the dose of anything in these prop blends are - so if you wanted to know which component is doing most of the work - then there is no way of doing it other than buying each separately and trying them all individually - which is a lot of trial and error and a lot of cost.

The other issue I have with Bulbine is its potential strain on the heart, liver, kidneys etc.
Research has also suggested that it may induce side effects on the body similar to that of a steroid cycle. Who wants to run a cycle and then pro-long the side effects right through PCT???

Here is a source for some research on Bulbine and you could probably find other components in there too:

I like examine.com - they claim to be independant from the supplement industry and I hope that they are because they appear to provide some good information.

What I found personally from RELOAD when I used it was that I sustained strength gains, but actually experienced some rebound fat gain. Which could have come from the reported increases in cholesterol and triglycerides during its use.
I also stacked with SAN V12 Turbo creatine blend product to keep my workouts intense.

To be honest I found Tauro test to be more effective alongside my gym routines....

Overall and effective wise I have to say 8 because RELOAD does work vs many other supplements in the same category - so that is all I can compare it to. The ingredients are relevant because they are popular - again within that category of supplements and have shown to induce benefit results (at least at the gym). There are definite noticeable benefits when implementing this product - its not like some cheap product that has big bold writing and you put it in there and you get nothing out of it - you can't run something like RELOAD and see no difference (even if it is only mild or moderate). Of course I have my criticisms of the prop blend and of bulbine for its potential sides - however that applies to other products too - so again I can only compare and score vs OTHER supplements and not allow myself to compare it against my own IDEALS.... If my Ideal was out there on the shelves I'd give Reload 5 overall....

Cost wise I find EXTREME NUTRITION as a brand very dear over here and importation cannot be an excuse because there are manufacturers over here supplying this stuff. So value gets a 5 from me unfortunately.
As I said Tauro test works much better for me and costs around 40% less than the RELOAD.

In conclusion I think the RELOAD is decent as a stand alone product for people interested in strength and power, who want a boost in their training regimes and want to smash some plateaus at the gym. But I feel that it can not claim to be an all in one PCT product (not many can). I would perhaps use it as part of a PCT but I would NOT personally rely on it myself as an all in one PCT for these reasons:

- It lacks any form of cortisol control (cortisol should be controlled after any cycle - not doing so can be detrimental to gains, physique and health).
- The test 'boosters' lack research so we cannot be sure how effectively or how quickly a product like this could return suppressed hormone levels. Testosterone levels are not the only hormone affected by a cycle - LH and FSH will have been suppressed and we require those hormones to be brought back up in order for testosterone production to be sustained.
- There are also concerns with the toxicity of Bulbine. It is a prop blend and may be at a risk free dose, or it could be at a high dose and present potential negative side effects - which is entirely undesirable, especially after a cycle that probably has induced sides already.....

UKAestheticz

• Taste Could Be Tweaked
  • Needs To Be Cycled
Hi guys

Again one of my all time favourite products

And again - I am glad that there are not many reviews on here for this stuff.

Now the first time I used V12 Turbo was a LONG LONG time ago (a decade).

Back in my early days of lifting when I was only 16 years old.....

But I respected it that much that I tried it again last year 9 years later, despite 9 years worth of new options.......

So before I get into what I think about the product I will highlight what's in there:

Container Size: 625 g
Serving Size: 1 Scoop (12.5 g)
Servings Per Container: 50
Nutritional Information Per Servi...
Hi guys

Again one of my all time favourite products

And again - I am glad that there are not many reviews on here for this stuff.

Now the first time I used V12 Turbo was a LONG LONG time ago (a decade).

Back in my early days of lifting when I was only 16 years old.....

Container Size: 625 g
Serving Size: 1 Scoop (12.5 g)
Servings Per Container: 50
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories: 0
Calories from Fat: 0
Carbohydrates : 0
Sugars: 0

CVTâ„¢ (Cell Volumizing Technology) - a proprietary matrix of:
Tricreatine Malate (Proprietary Blend Of Mono And Dicreatine Salts): 4.0 g

Betaine-Glycocyamine (Proprietary Blend On Betaine Anhydrous And Glycocyamine): 2.0 g
Micronized Taurine: 2.0 g
Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate: 1.5 g
N-Acetyl L-Glutamine: 1.0 g

Other Ingredients
Citric Acid, Calcium Silicate, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Maltodextrin, Mixed Tocopherols, Aspartame, Acesulfame-K, FD&C Colors (Red No. 40).

Now Your Tricreatine Malate on paper is much better than standard monohydrate because it contains Malic acid - and malic acid helps absorption (what monohydrate suffers with) and malic acid is relevant for ATP production which is what Creatine is all about increasing!
Like I always say whenever I talk about creatine - research here and there argues a vast difference between efficacy of separate creatine structures - others argue that creatine is creatine and differentiation is futile in reality...
But I have tried a lot of types of creatine and I think it does make a difference.

Betaine-Glycocyamine is a creatine precursor so putting those in there may help when we have depleted whatever creatine the muscles have used during exercise...

Micronized Taurine:
Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate:
N-Acetyl L-Glutamine:

^ This is what makes this supplement better than just an average creatine powder. With these components it is beginning to offer more pump, nitrous oxide delivery and muscle feulling potential.....

This product says zero carbs - but it has maltodextrin in it - so that is one criticism. Although like I have pointed out - that insulin spike from the maltodextrin is probably going to help this creatine activate and turn fast acting and improve the performance in the gym.

Now what I experienced during the use of SAN V12 Turbo each time I used it (I think I ran around 4-5 cycles over the course of a year)

Pump was very nice, but the endurance factor in particular was unreal...
I wouldn't be able to increase the weight dramatically, however I could increase reps, sets or reduce rest time with absolute eeeaze

My friends back then asked what I was on and just thought it was all in my head because they couldn't believe how much my workouts were improving....damn sceptics eh!!

I used to love training with this stuff.

I always felt a little dehydrated - but creatine can do that - it is a good sign that it is taking water away from the blood and directing it where it needs to go! Towards that swole pump! Just stack up on water and you're good to go...

You need to allow a week or two for this stuff to accumulate and make a major impact, you will notice benefits from day one - but it is a product you need to cycle to get the most out of it.

At the time back in the day I was running quite high carb diets and weight gain powders because I was young, growing and my metabolism demanded it (but I was always massively inconsistent) - I saw a lot of good progress back then, especially when I added something like this into the mix...

I used this stuff recently because I remembered how ahead of its time it was as an overall pre-workout come creatine powder. I wasn't disappointed when I tried it recently - but I have to admit the effects were nowhere as prominent.
However I think that it is probably down to training over a decade since first experiencing this stuff in my early days. 10 Years - that's a lot of time for the body to have already adapted well to training and to become resistant to supplementation.
Dont get me wrong though - when I first used this stuff I wasn't a rookie either - I had been training over a year by that point and had already developed a lot - so I wasn't new to creatine or supplements and I still got blown away by the product - and not many products leave an impact on me like that.
Also recently I didnt do morning loads - just before workouts - so of course that probably effected my results.

Taste wise - it tastes a little processed, very sharp and tangy. I tried:

Fruit punch
Lemon and Lime
Orange

And I found lemon and Lime to be nice but very very sharp
Fruit Punch was quite sharp and a little bland
Orange was sharp again - but I think tasted the best over all so if I ran this again at some point I would go Orange for sure.

It mixes pretty easily - its a little bit like BCAA powder - there are always little powdery bits floating around but it mixes and make a very thin drink (but do not be deceived by how light and transparent it might look - it NEEDS alot of water!).

50 servings is great - I ended up running a cycle and then having enough left over to take a break and return to it for another cycle so well worth the money, good value. This time around I ran a 4-5 week cycle and had half left so I gave the other half to a friend who is a runner and he said it worked well for improving his stamina.
If you use half - just make sure it is well sealed and stored correctly as it can go clumpy after time in the container.

You could certainly stack this with stimulant based pre-workouts like SPEED X3 or other pump products like Hemavol to make a Monsterous pre workout.... I think I will try that in the future some time.

The figures I gave all in all still stand. In order for me to give tens - SAN would have to bring out a SAN V12 NITRO - with Creatine Ethyl ester, added stimulants, extra AAKGS, Beta Alinine, Citrullin Malate and a few other goodies.....

However with that said my scores are still high
I think SAN V12 Turbo still has a lot to offer for the price it costs vs other products now on the shelves - and If I gave a person a scoop then told them that the product pre-dates 2004 they would be quite suprised.
Just because it is out-dated does not mean that is is by any means OUT-GUNNED....

April 5, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Range Of Flavours
  • Satisfies Cravings
  • Nice Texture
  • Protein Blend
  • Nutritionally Beneficial
  • Could Be Slightly Higher In Protein Maybe
  • With All The Flavours - Mixed Bundles Would Be A Better Idea
Hi peeps.

Now I feel blessed to be the first person to review another one of my favourite products.

And I want to thank SR for taking my suggestion of these on board and putting them up here.

First of all I will address the nutritional profile as that is really where it should start (bare in mind this is just one of the flavours - but generally they contain roughly the same).

Yogurt & Orange Flavour:
Fat: 9g
Saturates: 4g
Dietary Fibre: 1.9g
Sodium: 0.023g

Oat Blend (Malted Oats [contains Mal...
Hi peeps.

Fat: 9g
Saturates: 4g
Dietary Fibre: 1.9g
Sodium: 0.023g

Oat Blend (Malted Oats [contains Malt Extract, Vegetable Oil], Rolled Oats), Protein Blend (Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate), Humectant (Glycerine), Dried Glucose Syrup, (Sweeteners (Isomalt, Sucralose); Non-Hydrogenated Palm and Palm Kernel Oil, Whey Powder, Wheat Flour, Emulsifiers (Soya Lecithin), Flavouring (E476)), Gelatine, Vegetable Oil, Flavourings, Ground Flaxseed, Sweetener (Sucralose), Antioxidant (Mixed Tocopherols)

The oats are also 100% SCOTTISH yeah! Scotts power !!

^ Not bad for a protein snack.

Dont get me wrong it isn't as clean as a straight bowl of oats - there are some added stuff in there that I wouldn't normally touch or have in my diet - but it would be very difficult to make a protein flapjack without adding things into it to turn it into one - and versus other protein snacks its no worse than any.

Calories wise it isn't too bad either baring in mind the amount of protein/carbs/fats packed in there - you know the calories are coming from the decent sources.

Carbs wise - good Low GI source of SCOTTISH oats! And Polyols.

Now most people do not know what polyols are - they check the back of the label and look at me like they have just received a text message that their woman is pregnant with a chiuwawa...

According to the research I have addressed polyols are low GI sources of carbohydrate categorised as having a medium low to Very low Glycemic Index.
Plus combined with protein and healthy fats - the digestion and insulin release would be slowed down further in these bars.

3g sugar is about as low as you will find in a protein snack (with the exception of protein crisps/chips).

The bars have low sodium which is good

High in fibre and healthy fats - especially from flaxseed which is good for Omega 6 and 9 -
which is why these type of protein flapjack bars are nutritionally a little more complete than just protein bars that try to imitate chocolate bars....
Your fibre coming from the oats - I love to get extra fibre in there because it is often difficult to meet our necessary fibre intake - many of us are deficient and especially with our high protein and often high carb diets - we could do with extra help with our digestive systems....

Approx 20g of protein in there from both

Milk Protein Isolate (Will have whey in it but mainly Micellar Cassein - which is very slow release) - again making the bar a little more substantial like a meal.

Whey concentrate - A fast source of protein - which makes these bars also fit the bill for providing some quick protein at breakfast time for example (although bare in mind digestion will be effected by the slow release solid form food sources of the bars).

I see protein snacks ranging from 10g protein per serving to 50g protein per serving. The higher protein ones tend to be the most concrete like due to high protein vs anything else - Protein content isn't always necessarily the best selling point therefore. The average protein content of protein flapjacks is between 17-25g of protein per bar - so 20g is right on the money....

These snacks for me are all about a balance between nutrition, taste and convenience. They need to be tasty like a treat because I only have these as a treat - but they also need to not be too damaging to your diet if you are strict and actually offer you decent nutrition- because if they dont do that then you may aswell have gone for a full on chocolate or candy bar instead of one of these to satisfy a craving.

In regards to that point ^ I think nutritionally and taste wise they definitely fit the bill and therefore are effective at offering some decent nutrition (protein/carbs/fats) without introducing a ton of sugar, fats and addatives that your body cant metabolise...

As for the bars themselves Taste wise....

Can I just say - YES.....

There is a decent range of flavours which means you could treat yourself a few times each week and still have a couple more flavours to try.
They all taste decent in my opinion - I have tried all flavours and have not yet ever been disappointed with any, although I have my preferences.

The thing about these flapjack flavours in particular is that they ALL actually taste how they are labelled.
For example:

The Apple and Caramel actually tastes of Apple and Caramel.

The Chocolate and Hazel nut actually tastes like a lighter version of NUTELLA - what a win...

The Yoghurt and Raspberry actually tastes of Yoghurt and Raspberry

- I could repeat that for every flavour but - you get the idea I should imagine.

Here is my order for flavour preference starting with my favourite to least favourite:

Honey & Yoghurt
Apple & Caramel
Chocolate and Hazel nut
Raspberry and Yoghurt
Orange and Yoghurt

^ Bare in mind that is liable to change depending on my mood at the time - sometimes I will crave Chocolate over Honey for example.
It is good to have a nice range of flavours as you can buy a bunch of one offs and just go with whatever you are feeling at the time.

Texture wise - they are relatively soft if you allow them to remain in a warmish area like your cupboard. If you live in Washington or Michigan or Scotland for example however and it isn't summer time at room temperature I would imagine these are a little too hard and chompy. Although some people like their snacks to be hard and chompy so its each to their own.

Simply keep them warm to keep them soft if you want them soft - you could also just put them in the oven for only 20-30 seconds (dont microwave protein, fats or vitamin sources as it will denature a great deal them and damage the nutrition).

My alternative to these at the moment would be the CNP professional flapjack range as I think they are similar in nutrition, similar in taste and texture.

The only protein flapjack that I think can trump these taste and texture wise are a boxing brand called LONSDALE here in the UK.
Their Maple Syrup and Yoghurt OR Chocolate flapjacks are the best tasting I have ever had - even my wife has a fixation with them and she has a metabolic rate of about 4000 cals an hour and could choose ANY snack she likes - yet she loves them.
Only downside is the Lonsdale ones are not as nutrionally beneficial vs the CNP or Sci Mx jacks.

Another one that I like to have from time to time to mix it up is the Maximuscle Protein Flapjacks. I personally have never rated Maximuscle I think they are an overated supermarket product not fit for the supplement stores - but I will vouch for those flapjacks.
The mixed berry one I tried was the moistest and softest flapjack I have tried - they practically fell apart and melted in my mouth - so they are much softer than these Sci Mx ones or the CNP....

I am trying not to digress - I am just comparing to other products.

Value wise I think it depends where you go for these bad boyz as to what value you get.
I have seen them cheap as peanuts for a box but that was on specific flavours - but I have also seen these rather pricey. Individually I can buy them from places for relatively generous and fair prices - or get ripped off at other places - I guess this applies to many supplements - It depends on your source.
Of course multi buying boxes of these can save you on many sites - but then that means often committing to flavours...

In conclusion these Pro-Jacks are usually my first choice - but I have other favourites and always like to try new snacks as a treat from time to time...

April 5, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Works Great. Pumped Up For Hours
  • Great Pump
  • Good Focus
  • Awesome Taste
  • Good Pumps The Nitric Oxide Really Kicks In Big Time!
  • Endurance Lasts
  • No Peak And Crash
  • Maltodextrin
  • High Carb
  • Little Pricy
  • Potential For Bloat
Hi guys -

I know this one has been covered extensively - however I know there are a few guys now who like to take a look at what I have tried and what I think - and sometimes it is good to have your own review to stack up against other products that have not been as extensively covered...

With that said I will get straight on the ingredients so that I can chip in with my opinion on what this stuff contains and what I think to it.

Total Calories: 45

Alpha-Lipoic Acid
Cell-Signalling Amplifier
ACTINOS 2 IRâ„¢ Whey Peptide Fraction
Other Ingredients
Maltodextrin, Citric Acid, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Sucralose, Silicon Dioxide, FD&C Blue #1

The first thing that sticks out to me is the 11g of carbs per serving.
For me that is a little high when I am cutting (which is often when I need a pre workout to lend a hand energy wise)
That's just the labelled technical carbs too - maltodextrin is in this powder and maltodextrin often remains un-checked as carbohydrate - despite it acting as a more aggressive insulin spiker than straight glucose....

There are benefits to having some carbs packed in there - for nutrient shuttling, nutrient delivery (including Glucose, BCAAS, Glutamine and all of your NOS components) - carbs particularly fast releasing carbs are efficient as a NOS booster/amplifier - so I am not denying that the carbs in there will have a positive effect on the performance of the pre workout for fuelling a higher powered workout (which is exactly what some people want and need).

Its just for me - I like to have the OPTION of having a carbbed up pre workout - or taking it lean. 11g carbs might not sound like much - but if your total carb intake is 100g for the day for example - thats 10% and if it is insulin spiking carbs - it may make a fat loss workout or cardio session much less effective. Just something to note.

Your blend for strength and power contains Creatine Ethyl Ester - I am happy with that since studies show that it is the most effective and efficient form of creatine for delivering power/stamina without the need for load up or unwanted bloat - however I appreciate that many studies in house in the industry are unreliable and there are the arguments there to suggest that creatine is creatine pure and simple..... so take that as you like - but I see it as no coincidence that my favourite pre workouts often contain ethyl ester .....

The blend for stamina and endurance - there are tried and tested components in that bracket. The beta alanine is often a must component for the more effective PWO formulations and many people tell the benefit from Beta Alanine for increasing endurance and energy output by the muscle tissue. The bicarbonates are actually banned in some sports because under some rulings they are classed as performance enhancers because they buffer out lactic acid and defy fatigue like Captain America .... of course this is potentially a contributing factor as to why endurance on this stuff is higher than less comprehensive formulas....

Your vitamin B complex: a good bunch of components there to help you release energy and get blood flowing! I am suprised however that Niacin (B3) is not among that stack - as most pre workouts and energy drinks and even Supermarket CEREALS contain Niacin for energy release and blood vessel dilation ........ but I guess it is effective enough without it judging by my scores....

Pump stack:

AAKG and L-Arganine HCL - tried and tested - if a pre workout that is aimed at stamina, pump and endurance does not include these I am often disappointed and either avoid it or add it myself from raw source......... lets just leave it at that.

Your stim stack relying mainly on caffeine and green tea looks a little weak and generic - Caffeine is basically just in anything nowadays and most of us will be to some extent resisant - but for some people who are sensitive it might be enough to get a good buzz going. On one hand however, it might be the weakness of the stim stack that actually helps this product maintain efficiency throughout a workout - products with heavy fast punching stims can often have us reaching an energy peak very quickly and end up zapping it out so quickly that we end up like flat batteries ..... so I am not necessarily knocking this product too hard for this - it has its pros and cons - and depending on your goal or what you want out of a PWO - More potent or Milder stims are likely to be favoured or required by different people

The blend for muscle energy and metabolism looks like a hefty electrolyte blend - which of course helps fuel and hydrate us and helps our energy conversion and muscle contraction - it is all beneficial in a NOS supplement for fuelling a gruelling workout session.

One thing I will say about all this stuff is ^ expect a bloat - I would really not advise these types of ingredients for people overly concerned with keeping dry and hard - it might make you look fuller and pumped up - but it might also make somebody who is sensetive to sodium etc etc bloat out at least to a moderate degree - this is not a pre contest supp...

Now for me personally - I used this when I needed to keep myself feeling like I had something 'NEW' to keep my workouts intense - since I wasnt on any test boosters or hormonal boosters etc I needed to keep my strength gains up and my focus and state of mind in the zone....

Performance wise - this stuff did exactly that and did not let me down.

What I noticed about this stuff was that you started off strong with stamina and energy and you finished strong - there was no premature peak and then an anti climax. Some PWOs have a tendency to either peak too quickly and then the workout declines in intensity or power/focus - or the opposite happens and the PWO doesnt kick in fast enough to get the full benefit - and then you're tweaked at home for a while wanting it to wear off.

Black powder for me like I said kicked in well meaning you start in the zone - and remained at a nice consistent level - without wearing down - the pump was decent and stuck with me. What that gives is a nice level of proportionate training - each set gets the energy, power and focus it deserves - and thus each muscle or muscle group you hit - gets attention and gets worked equally as hard......

Taste and texture wise: it was a while ago now I think mine was Fruit Punch - it was pink - and mixed easily and turned into a juicy drink - slightly like bubblegum.... I recently tried HYDE by Pro Supps and was thinking for ages that it reminded me of something to taste that I had had before - now I remember what it tasted like!

The Black Powder scoops are large so you get a large drink out of it (which is what I like - I dont like a pint of water to make a massively watered down version of cranberry cordial) - I like to be able to have a nice protein shaker full of juicy PWO....

Cost wise - it was quite dear at the time when it was an IN product - but then again for the efficiency of the product and the effort that has clearly gone into the formulation - and what we are offered for our money ingredient wise - now I realise that it was still decent value at that time....

Now I can find it at a more reasonable rate - and I think it is now even better value since it is an older generation supplement.

Looking at the ingredients and judging by the effects it had for me - I would say by no means is it an obsolete product - I think some of the new generation pre workouts are becoming a lot more advanced (though many aren't getting much more advanced at all - just the labelling!) - however like Metrx Amped - I think Black Powder still holds it own against these newer advanced formulas - it was ahead of its time in a way when I used it and since the powder is so COMPREHENSIVE with its ingredients - I have to say that I Profess that it still beats a lot of what you will find on the shelves performance wise and will still contend with some of the new favourites......

March 29, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • 40g Protein Per Serving
  • Low Carbs
  • Slightly More Expensive Than Other Proteins
  • No Breakdown Of Protein Sources
  • No Ratios
I simply had to do a review on this product -

Since I simply just do not understand why people keep opting for this even when the price keeps getting jacked up

- Well actually I do and it comes down to Brand yet again

Its a big global brand it has big bold writing - it looks all 'scientific', pharmaceutical and research based....

It must be great right and worth a high price tag right....

^ That is what the typical ignorant customer will assume....

I simply had to do a review on this product -

- Well actually I do and it comes down to Brand yet again

It must be great right and worth a high price tag right....

^ That is what the typical ignorant customer will assume....

Now I do not have a vendetta against USN, I think they are OK. I have used a few of their products in the years I have trained, including IGF-1 back when it was reasonably priced - and IGF-1 is one of the most abundant products on our shelves - purely because there is such a high demand for it.
Customers keep asking for it - therefore we have to sell it
- despite USN needlessly upping the price on an already over priced product people still keep coming back for it.....

Now this is why I have the opinion I have on it:

Per 100g / Per 56g (2 scoops) (%RDA):
OF WHICH SATURATES: 2g / 1.2g
OF WHICH MCTs: 1.9g / 1g
FIBRE: 3.8g / 2.0g
SODIUM: 182mg / 101mg
POTASSIUM: 393mg / 220mg (20%)
CALCIUM: 880mg / 493mg (77%)
PHOSPHORUS: 401mg / 224mg (18%)
MAGNESIUM: 239mg / 134mg (36%)
VITAMIN A: 714ìgRE / 400ìgRE (50%)
VITAMIN D: 4ìg / 2.2ìg (45%)
VITAMIN E: 8mgTE / 4.4mgTE (37%)
VITAMIN C: 54mg / 30mg (38%)
VITAMIN B1: 1.5mg / 0.8mg (64%)
VITAMIN B2: 1.4mg / 0.8mg (57%)
NICOTINAMIDE: 16mg / 8.9mg (56%)
VITAMIN B6: 2.4mg / 1.3mg (79%)
FOLIC ACID: 179ìg / 100ìg (50%)
VITAMIN B12: 0.9ìg / 0.5ìg (20%)
BIOTIN: 89ìg / 50ìg (148%)
PANTOTHENIC ACID: 5.4mg / 3mg (47%)
TOTAL BRANCHED CHAIN AMINO ACIDS (BCAA'S): 16g / 9g
TOTAL L-GLUTAMINE/GLUTAMIC ACID: 14g / 8g
SOY ISOFLAVONES: 12.5mg / 7mg

Whey protein isolate & concentrate blend, Calcium caseinate, High isoflavone soy protein isolate, Cocoa powder (only in Chocolate and Cappuccino versions), Fructose, MCT (Medium Chain Triglyceride) oil, Stabiliser: cellulose gum, Calcium (from milk source), Egg albumen, Rice starch, Colourant: E124, Red beet powder, (only in Strawberry version) & E133, E104 (only in Pistachio version), Flavourant,Phosphorous (from milk source), Ascorbic acid, Zymatechâ„¢ enzyme blend (mainly Lactase), Non-nutritive sweetener: Sucralose, Niacin, D-Alpha-tocopheryl acetate, D-calcium-pantothenate, Pyridoxine-5-phosphate, Riboflavin, Thiamine mononitrate, Retinol, Folic acid, Biotin, Cholecalciferol, Cyanocobalamin.

My opinion on that ^ :

70% protein - yeah thats alright (could be higher - I personally use products that are more like 80% protein).....

BCAA wise - yes its relatively high per serving (over 7gs) - but again that isn't a value any higher than the cheaper brands I personally opt
for.....

Fructose - rather have that than maltodextrin so Im ok with that

MCT oils - yeah relevant for muscle repair and development for cell membranes - so not going to contest that being in there - 2.8g is a little higher than usual but probably not going to kill your physique over night....

Protein SOURCES: Whey concentrate (fast release); Calcium caseinate (very slow); Soy protein isolate
(medium - although many question the safety and ethics behind soy as a source), Egg albumen (egg white - medium/slow release).

Apart from soy ^ I have no beef with the sources

What I DO have a huge beef with though however is the same beef I have with 75% of the so called 'Multi-stage release' or 'Blend' powder supplements

NO FU***** BREAKDOWN/RATIOS/PERCENTAGES

For all we know it is 95% whey 1% casienate, 1% egg white and 3% soy - NO WAY of telling how useful this is as a stage release blend - might just be buying a glorified whey protein tub - and its concentrate not even isolate....

Same beef with the Glutamine/Glutamic acid
- Does not specify if there is added L-glutamine in there or if it is just all glutamic acid.
They do what 90% of companies do and just dress up glutamic acid as if it is L-glutamine - but it is not.....

Reflex Peptide Fusion and PhD Pharma Blend 6 HR+
- those specify their ratios/quantities

SO SHOULD EVERYBODY ELSE.

Go read my peptide fusion review and my soon to come Pharma Blend 6HR+ to see why ratios are important....

Flavour/taste wise - the IGF-1 tastes very sweet which I enjoy. Doesn't mix as well as whey alone - but if there are some other proteins in there then it is likely to not be as thin and easy to mix - so I expect that from a blend.

They make an effort with the digestive enzymes for absorption and light on your stomach - I dont remember getting bad runs off this, but it was a few years ago now that I had my tubs...

If it gave ratios I'd be prepared to pay the price tag - but until it does I am not convinced that we are paying for anything extra in that tub over the cheaper brands - its the label we keep paying for here I fear......

March 29, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Keeps You Full
  • High Protein
  • Good Ratios And Good Blend Of Proteins
  • Awesome Flavours
  • Makes A Good Pre Bed Meal Or A Bridge Meal
  • Bad Runs
  • Blend Could Be A Little Better Ratio Wise
I'm glad to be reviewing this product

Now by no means am I the worlds greatest PhD advocate

There was a time that I used PhD because it looked all pharmaceutical and research driven

- then I went into a lengthy period of distrust after the large scandal occurred and they were nailed for essentially randomising product content and providing labels that were entirely contrasted to the actual contents of their products - not just one or few but the vast majority of their range....

I'm glad to be reviewing this product

Now by no means am I the worlds greatest PhD advocate

Since that was a few years ago I have restored a little optimistic faith in them and I now give them the benefit of the doubt.

I have used quite a few of their products (prior to the scandal) and only ever had adverse effects with one - the PhD pharma whey which I directly associated with Insomnia....

Aside from that I found most of their products to taste decent and work for me and we have been selling PhD products here since we opened and they remain here because people give positive feedback on them as a product line.....

Now - The 6HR+ that I am currently reviewing I was very happy with at the time - and customers who I have recommended it to have enjoyed it so far.

Ingredient breakdown:

Container Size: 2280g
Serving Size: 2 scoops (55g)
Servings Per Container: 41

-Saturates: 0.8g
Of which Flaxseed Oil: 1.1g
Sodium: 0.11g

Ingredients:

High protein premium blend (milk protein concentrate (50%) (of which 56% is micellar casein), whey protein concentrate (25.5%), soya protein isolate, hydrolysed wheat protein (6.5%) (of which 25% is peptide-bonded l-glutamine ), traditional ground flaxseed powder, flavouring, thickeners(guar gum, xanthan gum), colour (curcumin), sodium chloride, sweetener (sucralose).

My reflection on that^ :

200 cals is good for a shake offering 41g of protein.

I'm happy with the blend - there are fast, medium and slow release there to give you a prolonged amino stockpile...

I'm happy with the peptide bonded L-glutamine for recovery and growth

Sugars are low enough for a 41g protein shake

Fat is also low

salt is low

I am happy with the flax seed in there - healthy fats

and I am glad that fibre is in there as we all need that for digestion/absorption and many of us struggle to get fibre in our diets....

As for the blend of protein - AGAIN - FINALLY - one more product among an ELITE FEW who actually bother to specify HOW MUCH of what it says is in there - is actually in there!!!

I will never trust a blend or stage release product or rely on it as a bridge, replacement meal or post bed meal if there is no way of knowing how much of each protein is in there. This is why ratios are massively important. Companies will put 97% whey concentrate in there and 3% of other proteins and have the gall to call it a 'blend'.

Fortunately Pharma Blend does not hide away from honesty - at least on paper - you have to trust that they have passed testing and that what they claim is on the label is in the bag - normally I wouldn't question it - but since that scandal there is always a slight fear - but then again that was over 5 years ago now and I trust enough to go buy another bag...

Some people have problems with soy protein due to ethics and health risks - I have seen research that contests the claims that soy protein mimics estrogen - but then again research is never 100% reliable or necessarily applicable as fact...

The shake itself:

I have had Chocolate once and White Chocolate once and I have to say I LOVED both flavours - particularly the white chocolate - it's a rare option to have and I think it works very well for a shake as it tastes like you are having a treat every time...

The shake is quite thick and seedy/grainy - but it has flax seeds in it - some people might not like that texture but I didn't mind it. You should also expect something with high micellar cassein ratios to be thick.

If you are replacing meals with it or using it pre - bed then thickness is good as it keeps you fuller for longer and some people want it to be more like a meal than a thin drink....

I did get the runs from this on quite a few occassions - perhaps it lacks good digestive enzymes, or the thickness or richness aggravated me - my stomach is sensitive. Although I do have a friend who I recommended this to and he complained about runs - he said it went away after his stomach adjusted to it.
He also said that normally he wakes up in the night feeling hungry but on this one he was full even at breakfast time!
Taste wise he had strawberry and was very happy with it - so it sounds like the flavours are consistently good.

I think there is good value for money on this one - it is cheaper than a lot of other large brands - yet seems to deliver much more....

I still think Reflex peptide fusion is the best blend as far as ratio/quality goes - but the PhD has the edge flavour wise for sure....

March 28, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Gym Performance
  • Increased Creatine Utilisation
  • Stacks Well With Other Supps
  • Amplifies Other Supplements
  • Batty Dosing
  • Can Upset Stomach
  • Green Stools
  • Costly
Only one review on this so far (A very good one though, I have to say) so I guess a 2nd is worthwhile on this one.

This was one of VERY FEW products that has 5 star reviews all round on multiple sites....

I had to get in on the action....

Ingredients - already highlighted before mine - and highlighted well....

Essentially the purpose of this product is to put your nutrients where you want them to go - which is a purpose relevant to anybody interested in gaining (particularly clean gaining) or successful cutting.
Increasing insulin sensitivity and shuttling carbohydrates to th...

I had to get in on the action....

Ingredients - already highlighted before mine - and highlighted well....

Increasing insulin sensitivity and shuttling carbohydrates to the muscle tissue for glycogen retention, growth, repair and athletic performance - is the ultimate GDA goal.
However, recompadrol goes further than that alone.

They way I explain it to people who I recommend it to is that it acts like a mechanic/engineer.
YOU feed the body the necessary tools and the recompadrol will crack on and start fixing things where it needs to go...
This applies to creatine, your NOS pre workout, your fat burners, your amino acids/glutamine drinks, your protein etc etc - it all works synergistically.....

For me personally I did a cycle and - I did not get the glycogen retention or added fat loss potential I was expecting - however I am undergoing medical examinations to make sure that I am not effected by digestive/bowel conditions that run in my family. Throughout my reviews you will notice that many supplements (particularly ones with cheap fillers or added crap) have caused bowel aggravation in me - it seems like I have to work EXTRA hard when it comes to nutrients to make things go where they need to go (makes cutting and gaining both hard work) - so perhaps right now the recompadrol is not on an even playing field with me in that regards.

What I do find with recompadrol - which I have to say DOES make it very worthwhile for me is its amplification of everything else I use...
Like I said for me it works like an engineer - I feed my body nuts and bolts (pre workout, creatine, thermogenic, Bcaa/glutamine etc) and the recompadrol just enhances their effectiveness. Which is why I bought another bottle with a new purpose of implementing it around my gym goals

For me it is not something I would bother running alone (but that is just me) - it works a treat as a stacker for me.

Unfortunately the recompadrol bloats me - which is one of the couple of negatives I have with it - so
I'm currently cutting very hard and therefore avoid using it regularly as I want to avoid a bloated look.
I have used the EBF AAV2 with some success - and this is supposedly a great stacker for that product for fat loss - however the bloat and stomach irritation of those two combined is too much for me...
It also gives me GREEN POO sometimes - but then again from a digestive angle am I the best test subject?? Maybe not....

However what I can use this for: GYM PERFORMANCE (which is massively relevant to progress regardless of goals)...

Even after weeks of cutting and doing my best to keep strength gains (which I have done well with) - I am now running on about 40% of the nutrients that I was running on 4 months ago (a 60% total loss is very large when you keep your gym/workload and physical/mental demand the same) - Yet I put this stuff in there last Tuesday on a legs session along with a NOS pre workout with bcaas/glutamine and some creatine ethyl ester and I literally had the strongest leg session that I have had in 12 weeks! Even when I wasnt EXPECTING to - it actually hit me by suprise since I had forgotten how much impact the recompadrol can make strength, endurance and performance wise...
When adding this I seem to get MUCH MUCH more out of pre workout supplements (even ones that I am starting to become resistant to)...

Increased power
Increased endurance
Better pump

- All signs that this stuff amplifies what you are putting in there.

So in regards to recomposition I tend not to use this stuff - it hasnt been successful for me in that regards (although at under 8% bf and over 200 ibs - you cant expect miracle recomposition out of anything on the shelves)

As for a performance booster

GREAT

I strongly recommend stacking this stuff with a pre workout such as MET-RX AMPED, DORIAN YATES NO, CORE NUTRITIONALS - CORE FURY ....Or your favourite or selected pre workout.
Along with a pre workout BCAA/glutamine stack (which I recommend as standard all year round anyway!)

Stacking can be costly - I think this product is already at a high price personally on the shelves. To me at factory price however, I am comfortable obviously with buying it...
However to get the most out of this I think you want to aim to stack it with something else relevant to your goals - particularly some form of Creatine in particular...

Dosing - I guess could be a negative as it is not too convenient to have to take pills 20-30 minutes prior to each meal - doses can easily be forgotten. But then again - if that is what you need to do to make it effective then you cant really be too hard on the product as there is not much else EBF can do for you to prevent that inconvenience - there may be other GDAs out there that have more convenient dosing protocals - but are they more effective though???

For me the dose is simple: 1-3 caps with my pre workout meal or drink .... and I see the benefit of doing that as soon as I get into the gym....

Of course results are going to be diet dependent - but I don't think you can ever really negative a product for that - particularly when the whole purpose of the product is to make the most out of GOOD nutrition .... if you are serious gym user and you dont put GOOD nutrition in there then YOU have failed the product and ultimately yourself, the product hasn't failed YOU.....

Worth a try guys definitely!