ARMason07

• Member has been active for 3 years, and was last online 11 months ago
  • Low community participation

Reviews by ARMason07

September 3, 2016

Hey guys it's been a while! I'm not going to lie I have been super busy but also got a little frustrated that my "rep" and "trust" have not increased faster. Anyway here is a new review on White Rapid. I finished last month and was pretty pleased with it overall. As usual, please, leave a comment, if you hit the thumbs down button, so I can remedy the issue.

My first encounter with White Rapids was actually through a couple other reviews and I liked what I read. I thought if this product is half as good as these guys are saying it is I might never buy another product. It consists of Agmatine Sulfate and Citrulline Malate for N.O. along with Betaine Anhydrous and HydroMax Glycerol for the water pump and hydration.

The caffeine was one of the better aspects to the product. They used Caffeine anhydrous and Dicaffeine malate at 150 mg per serving. They recommend two servings per usage for the best results, so you would be getting a total of 300 mg. With this dosage I never felt like I was getting too little or too much. It is a very clean and gradual pick-me-up. I usually never noticed that it had hit me until probably 5 to 10 minutes after. I was never shaky, never had a tachycardia reaction, but I always felt like I had great energy and I could lift the world. This also could be in part to the Alpha GPC, Evodiamine and Huperzia which is supposed to increase focus.
I would rate the taste at a 9/10.

The recommended dose is 2 servings (for the veterans) but can be used with one serving (for beginners). At two servings I usually mixed in 8-10 ounces of water, but I also tried Gatorade and some juices. The White Rapid mixed well with all of them minus a little bit of cloudiness and a little bit of foam. I did try a little more water one time (around 16 ounces but it was very watered down.) It just depends on your preference. I would rather it be a little sweeter.

For taste I went with pineapple. I love pineapple and don't see this flavor too often so I jumped on it. The taste was mediocre. I could definitely taste the pineapple but there was also small bitter aftertaste that accompanied it.
So I would rate the taste at a 7-8/10.

White Rapids is no lie when it comes to its effectiveness. If you take it like it is prescribed then you will be getting a full dose of the ingredients at two servings.

As I stated before the stim and focus were both very subtle! I would sometimes not notice that it had taken effect until I was in "workout mode" or "clean mode" or "work mode." Due to its subtle increase this was something I would have been comfortable taking on a non-workout day just so I could increase my focus a bit. Again this was with a 300 mg dose which is pretty great. Same goes for the focus. The little ninja ingredients that are responsible for this great effect are Alpha GPC, Evodiamine and Huperzia.

During the workout, I could really tell the Citrulline Malate and Betaine working. The Citrulline added a pretty good muscular endurance component to my routines. I usually found myself throwing up an extra rep or two on top of my normally stuff. So I was definitely pleased with that! The HydroMax Glycerol added a slight pump effect to the workout but nothing that will blow your socks off. I don't think Controlled Labs intended for this product to be a "Pump Heavy" product. So, you will get a nice add on but it's still nothing to write home about.

Something huge for me was the after effects. So, I usually exercise around 3-4 in the afternoon. When I had completed my routine there was never any drop off. It dissipated just as subtly as it entered. I would say it last for 6-7 hours. I would usually take this around 3 and feel sleepy around 9 which is my usual turn down time. Then I'd hit the sack about 10-11. (I could probably use more sleep but oh well.) So, I could see this being awesome for the early riser who goes straight into work after. I got a lot of good stuff done after my workouts whether it was building something, doing chores, extra work, etc.

I would rate the effectiveness at 9/10.

The Value is pretty solid if you take it as recommended. It runs about the same as most other products its sizemaybe a little cheaper. If you're only going to take half the suggested amount then you'll be very pleased with the value! This lasted me 5 weeks when while taking the recommended two servings per use at 5 days a week.
I would rate the Value at an 8/10. It can always be cheaper but good overall!

Side Effects

The two biggest side effects that I noticed, which weren't terrible, was thirst and a bathroom break. You will most definitely want to take this 30 minutes prior to lifting so you can get some quality time on that porcelain throne! I felt the gurgles about 25-30 minutes after I took it. I made the mistake of not waiting one day and I was running for the oval office. It doesn't tear you up by any means.

The second side effect is feeling like you could drink Lake Michigan daily. They actually suggest that you down AT LEAST a gallon of water per day. I was doing this and still thirsty most days.

If you can get past those then this will be your best friend. I would rate the Side effects at 6/10. It could be better but I have definitely had worse.

Conclusion

Controlled Labs did it again. I would highly recommend this product to anybody looking for a good, smooth energy level. It won't give you the greatest pump in the world but you will have some solid lifts! Enjoy

Overall
Overall
3.0
  February 25, 2016

• Weak Energy
  • Upset Stomach
  • Had Me Running To The Restrooms
  • Not Enough Pump

Hey guys I am still fairly new at this so feedback and constructive criticism is greatly appreciated! Please, if you feel its necessary to hit the thumbs down
button, please, leave a comment as to why, so I can remedy the issue.

With that being said, let's get into the review. I hope this provides a little different insight from other reviewers. Overall the product was pretty bad. I was met with sub-par taste, lack of effectiveness, and some glaring side-effects. Read on for the full details.

The absolute best thing about the ingredient prof...

button, please, leave a comment as to why, so I can remedy the issue.

The absolute best thing about the ingredient profile here is that they actually tell you how much of (mostly) everything you're getting in your PWO. So, kudos to the guys at MP on the label. Most companies forego this practice all together and it is the most frustrating thing in the world to the point that I won't buy a lot of supplements if I don't have some amounts recorded.

Now, specifics on the ingredient profile. You're going to get your normal dose of the basics Vitamins, B and C, Calcium, Potassium, etc.

One interesting addition to this PWO is the use of Cinnulin PF (Copyright) which is normally used in diabetic patients to help control their insulin levels. It is actually extracted from the bark of a tree that we get cinnamon from. It's part of the "Cellular Transport & Insulin Activator" Complex which also has dextrose, glycine, and ribose.

The next complex they add is their "Athlete Performance Blend" which is kind of questionable. The biggest red flag I saw was the BCAA Nitrate complex that has a 3:1:2 ratio. I'm not sure what the deal is with this ratio. Normally you will see a 2:1:1 (which is what I Dr. Stoppani suggests in a Bodybuilding.com article) or a 4:1:1 ratio. (The ratio is L-Leucine, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine) Take it for what it's worth but it seems a little suspicious for me.

I do have to say the Hydration Complex was pretty impressive with the glutamine and taurine additions. This should help with cellular and body hydration as well as, both are key components of Protein Synthesis.

The last head scratcher is all of the extra additives that are unnecessary. I don't need artificial flavors. I certainly don't need Red Beet Juice Powder (for color)... I mean...what?! Why would I care what color my powder is. That's just something else to take away from my desired effect. Finally they have some other artificial sweeteners (Acesulfame Potassium.)

The taste was ok. I mean it definitely was not the worst PWO I have ever tasted but it is also not the best. It kind of had a lingering aftertaste and tasted like there was a lot of artificial sweeteners in an attempt to mask the other tastes. Take it for what it's worth because I have read other reviews on here where people said it was the best tasting drink they have ever had. Taste buds are all different but it did not match up to mine.

The effectiveness just was. not. there. I can usually deal with taste not being great and I can even deal with some minor side effects like having to go to the restroom SOMETIMES or the tingling sensation, but if the effectiveness is not present it is obviously not worth it!

When I say that the effectiveness was not there I mean that I had no energy what-so-ever. I was still yawning during my lifts. I had no pump during or after my workouts. I was not able to focus any better than normal. There were even some days that I still get very weak. Now, I understand that you're not going to enter the gym and feel like the Hulk everyday, but that is part of the function of the PWO is to help pick you up on those "off" days.

The label is a complete lie. It actually says:
Explosive Energy - The only exploding energy I had was coming out of my backside about 45 minutes after my lifts
Enhances: Focus, Power, & Pumps - This couldn't be further from the truth. I had no focus, power, or pump
Free of fillers & Artificial Dyes - It may be free of artificial DYES but not of artificial SWEETENERS which I would consider a filler

Hands down this is the best and possibly only positive of this product. I assume now because everybody seems to be trying to get rid of the stuff, but everywhere I've looked now is coming in at $14-$20 which is around $0.60/serving. For a pre-workout that's phenomenal, but it also depends on if you're basing this off of purely how many servings you get or how many quality servings you get. If you're going for quality - it's just not here.

Side Effects

As everybody else has stated below this stuff wreaks havoc on your insides. When I started taking it I had to go to the bathroom a few times after my workout which was not a huge deal because normally this is when my body is adjusting to the new stimulant I am putting into it. However, after a couple of weeks of being on this stuff I was quickly finding out that it wasn't just a body adjustment. Everyday like clockwork I would have to get up and leave class about 10-15 minutes into starting. This equated to about 45 minutes after my workout had ended. It got so bad I was called out for leaving so much. I finally ended up biting the bullet and taking the stuff back. I have only done that twice and the other was with GAT nitraflex which made my heart feel like it was going to explode, but we'll save that for another review.

Other than the regular intestine clean out I would sometimes get head aches while on the Assault.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I would not recommend this product to anybody. In fact, I would advise everybody to stay as far away as possible. I hate writing such negative reviews but this warrants every word.

References:

9.5
9.5
  February 24, 2016

• Increased Recovery

Let's take two! I had to do some restructuring on this review so let's see how the second draft turns out. Let me know what you guys think and where I can improve to help give you all better reviews/ideas of the specified product. The main restructuring will be done in the "Effectiveness" category.

No lie - I went into this one thinking probably what most of you are thinking - "Is Body Tech even a reputable brand?" I was in a monetary crunch and needed something to hold me over until my next "real" sup run. Lo and behold Body Tech stole my heart.

----Ingredient Profil...

- This has a 2:1:1 ratio of L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine and L-Valine
- Lecithin is literally the only other ingredient in this bottle besides the three listed above - so pretty pure to say the least
- You get 66 Servings per container if you're using the powder and the same if you use the 200 capsules
- There is NO fish, dairy, corn, or wheat byproducts mixed in with this

*** The lecithin is a fat that is produced in the body and is essential at the cellular level. It's purpose in this product is simply to hold the the BCAA's together to maintain the integrity of the product.

This stuff is crazy bitter if you don't mix it with the right stuff. I mixed it with my Whey protein and I was not a happy camper. If you have a fruit flavored Post-WO or Gatorade or juice you can't tell a difference if its mixed in the drink or not. So, go with one of those.

The powder is very fine and mixes very well. There's no foam or leftover residue when using this product.

A LITTLE CHEMISTRY: PURPOSE/FUNCTION
So, most of us know that BCAA's are Branched Chain Amino Acids which are the building blocks of proteins. BCAA's (as stated above) consist of Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine. What some of us may not know a ton about is the function and purpose of the amino acids.

First the three BCAA's are Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine, however, the above ingredient profile states all of these with an "L" in front of them. The "L" signifies that these are stereoisomers which is two isomers that have the same chemical makeup but just in a different order. All this means is that it is the "left sided" molecule, which is the mirror image of the right sided molecule (The "D-Leucine" or "Leucine" as we know it.)

They perform essentially the same function but we use them in our supplements because researchers have found a better absorption rate into the body with L-Leucine than Leucine, as well as the same for Isoleucine and Valine.

The function of the BCAA's is to act as nitrogen carriers which assist the muscle in synthesizing other amino acids for anabolic muscle action. (This is according to Blomstrand et al., Influence of Ingesting a Solution of Branched Chain Amino Acids on Perceived Exertion During Exercise, Clin. Sci.:87, 52, 1994.) This means that they assist the muscle in taking simple amino acids and converting them into muscle. **The main difference between BCAA's and other amino acids is that the BCAA's are absorbed by the muscles and have a much lower metabolism rate in the liver.

BCAA's are both anabolic and anti-catabolic, meaning they help promote protein synthesis, as well as, they help prevent protein breakdown.

SUGGESTED INTAKE
There has been research out that shows improvements from people who have taken as little as 3g each day to as much as 50 g each day. The suggested use is 5-10 grams each time you take it, and you will find mixed reviews on how many times a day you take it. Most everybody is in agreement that it should be taken before and after a workout. Some also say you should take 5-10 grams with each meal. Depending on your financial situation and preference you can figure this one out for yourself. I would add, though, that more is not always necessarily better. There are plenty of people out there who say that you receive more than enough by just eating good protein rich meals.

PERSONAL RESULTS
Personally, while I was taking this BCAA supplement I had some good results. I could see a noticeable change in my lifts, in my overall size and in my energy. In just 3 weeks on this stuff I was able to see some major results. My wife was even able to see a noticeable difference in the size of my arms, chest and legs. I don't have specific numbers because I don't measure but if it's noticeable to others then I would say it's working. The numbers I do have are for my lifts which I was able to increase one about 5-10 lbs for each lift.

Like I stated above one of the functions of BCAA's is its anti-catabolic (breakdown of muscle) I was definitely able to see this while I was taking the supplement. Before I had started taking I felt the typical "next day soreness" and sometimes the two-day after soreness was worse than the next day. With the BCAA I had a limited amount of next-day soreness and virtually no two-day after soreness.

I was only taking one scoop per day with about 6-8 ounces of something fruity flavored. (Even on non-lifting days) So, if I were to increase my intake to the more popular suggestion of before AND after a workout I might see even more results.

The value is one of the best parts of this product! You're getting 66 servings at about $0.41/serving when compared with similar products it blows the competition out of the water. From what I have seen this stuff comes in at about half the cost/serving than its competition.

Side Effects

There were no negative side effects and it's proven that there are no negative side effects with BCAA's in general.

Conclusion

If you're looking for a straight BCAA then go with Body Tech's BCAA Complex. I have not seen any better prices for a straight BCAA product. Also, if you take time to read the label and there's only Valine, Leucine, and Isoleucine in the mixture then you are getting the same product no matter where you go. So, if you buy something more expensive you are only paying for the name that is associated with the label.

P.S. I would love to have any and all CONSTRUCTIVE feedback, but if you don't agree with my post could you please inform as to what specifically does not meet your expectations? I'm new at this so if you just say "it doesn't meet the mark," I won't know what to elaborate on. Thanks, everybody!

February 24, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pumps
  • Energy Is Right Through-the-roof....
  • Great Focus
  • Slight Stomach Discomfort (a Little Gas)
  • Tastes Like Crap
  • Nauseating
  • Turns Your Crap Blue Green

What's up SR fandom?! Here's another review for you guys - hope this helps.

Oh, and I stacked this with MHP's Dark Matter, which is their post-WO.

What's up SR fandom?! Here's another review for you guys - hope this helps.

Oh, and I stacked this with MHP's Dark Matter, which is their post-WO.

This stuff has like 8,000 ingredients. A lot of them they don't tell you how much or what percentage you're getting. So, it's pretty much a crap shoot on how much of this stuff you're putting in your body. One complex you'll definitely notice they put a ton of in is their caffeine/energy complex. They conveniently leave out numbers from this one, but when your running through walls and lifting boulders over your head something crazy is going on.

It had the usual stuff like beta-alanine caffeine, nitric-oxide, vitamins galore, Arginine, Alanine, Leucine, etc. It also has Epodrol which helps red blood cell stimulation for those crazy awesome pumps!

Don't bother going to MHP's website to find the actual nutrition facts they only placed a tiny picture of the label on there. Just look to your left and SR has the full profile on there. FYI, check out how many times it says (Amount Not Disclosed)

The taste on this one was pretty awful! I had the Grape and it was all that I had in me to chug it in less than 5 seconds so I could actually finish the dang thing. It mixes fine but it is a little thicker and has a bit of foam. At least, mine did.

The effectiveness was great...when I wasn't experiencing the other side effects. I had amazing focus and could workout and do other work for hours, I had great pump, great energy, my veins were popping, locking, and droppin, but overall I would not take this again. (See below for the full list of my side effects)

This crap is pretty expensive for the product. If it was the best product I had ever taken that would be one thing but it is not. So, I'm going with rating it on the pricier side. However if you're bound and determined to get it I found some at Supplement Warehouse for. That's the cheapest I could find.
$34.95 pm Supplement Warehouse

Side Effects

Dude, what side-effects did I not have? This was freaking ridiculous. If I knew what being on crack was like this would be it. I literally had two different workouts where I had to stop and lay down because I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Now this is partly my fault because I took it on an empty stomach like a moron BUT I have done that with other supplements and not had a problem.

This stuff will also mess with your stomach! I had slight nausea for half the day and it ended turning my stool a nasty bluish green color. I was so concerned I called my buddy to come take a look.. hahaha

In addition to these, I had the shakes every now and then, that awesome tingling sensation, and every now and then I would get headaches. When I was not having NEGATIVE side effects I felt like I was Superman when he flew so fast he made the turn the opposite direction and time reversed. (Nerd alert - Whatevs man)

Conclusion

Overall if you can get this stuff for free and your body tolerates it then yeah, go for it. You''l get some solid lifts. Just beware.