lava135

• Member has been active for 4 years, and was last online 2 months ago
  • Linked social media account

Reviews by lava135

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
(Thanks to Performax Labs for sending it out!)
----Introduction----
I love creatine. I love Dreamsicles. This had to be a win-win proposal, right? Perhaps, but then the price got involved and I was like, "damn". Also, I think creatine is so key that it's really worthy of consideration all on it's own. While I understand that companies may feel they have to add things to drive up the price/profit, at some point it jsut becomes counter product because a person will go buy a pwo product instead. And yes, I've often said that creatine is a supplement manufacturer's worst nightmare - it's the most studied/tested and proven product out there and it's also the most inexpensive.

POWER
5g creatine blend - mono + magnesium chelate. I'm not even a little concerned with the blend here.
2.5g betaine - nice!
l-alanyl l-glutamine - a preferred form of glutamine but still perhaps a bit light even for sustamine

PUMP
3.1g blend of taurine, glycerol(65), COP, and selaginella tamariscina - no idea about that last one and frankly I always quesiton the inclusion of exotic herbals.

Electrolytes - 500mg - meh; pretty standard stuff

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I had the orange dream and I must say this was heavenly. Nailed it - I could drink this flavor all day long. Mixing was fine with full dispersion and little to no grits (one caveat is that I mix all my creatine in lukewarm water). So 10's across the board in these categories. I dosed 1 scoop per day in-line with label instructions.

----Effectiveness----
I found this to be equally effective as the rest of my creatine products. I did not see a loss of strength or power. I also did not experience any bloating, which is a big plus. Now, I take creatine 365 days anyway so I can't judge whether or not there is the need to load, but for someone like myslef who is already at saturation, this didn't skip a beat.

Now Performax has added "Recovery" as an added benefit of this product and I feel that there is not much added value above straight creatine with just the addition of 2.5g of glutamine. You would have to be a really strong responder to glutamine and let's face it, it's priced higher than straight glutamine, just as it's priced higher than straight creatine. Although like I said, it is sustamine, which is a more preffered form of glutamine for most.

What I did like is the addition of betaine, something that I feel really helps me with performance.

The pump blend was pretty "meh". Typically I'll use 6-8g of cit mal and/or agmatine and even then it's iffy. I didn't get much from this 3.1g, if anything. However, since pump isn't that important to me, I didn't let this detract from the effectiveness score. In my opinion, it's still a creaitne product and the job of creatine is, well, to be creatine, lol.

----Value----
Note: at the time of this review, the pricing links point to a different product, Performax CreaMax so the prices don't reflect the actual product. I found this for $29.95. Now that's $1 per serving and yes, even though I love the addition of betaine and am ok with the addition of the pump ingredients, it's just not enough bang for the buck in my value scale. It's really tough to justify spending $30 for this when that same money gets you almost 6 months of Creapure. Bottom line is that I wouldn't purchase this at the current price.

----Conclusion----
Price takes this out of consideration for a recommendation. For those of you to whom money is no matter, then this is good to go. It's got everything I want to see in a creatine+ product and the flavor is out of this world delicious. On the surface, I was really biased to give this a recommendation, and that's reflected in my high score for effectiveness. But the high price just really, really forced my hand to do otherwise. Lower the price and this would get two thumbs up.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Effective

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
(Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!)
----Introduction----
I love the opportunity to review amino products. I practice peri-workout nutrition, so a solid intra product is my bread and butter. Butta, I said!

----Ingredient Profile----

Ok, so this is NutraBio. That means full GMP testing - on site clean rooms - the full nine yards. No Chinese barrel rolling in the loading dock and home boys scooping into da ghetto bags. Nah, full disclosure and efficacious dosages holmes. Sorry but for me, intra products are all about the bcaa's and the recovery. All about keeping da choo-choo rollin down dem traks brahs. They are actually probobly the largest part of my supplementation.

NutraBio comes corrKt With 7200 mg of bcaas. That's 7.2 grams. As a guy that's been known to add 10-15g bcaa's to his own formula, I can appreciate that. As a guy that's had to take 3-4 scoops of some weak azz shizzle from another company, I can appreciate that. So hellz yeah, 7.2 is a tad under what the Lava wants, but it got da job done. Maybe its dat other 3g of aminos, good stuff like like dat dere lysine or theonine or histindine or methionine or phenalylaline or tryptophan but the mix delivered. No doubt about it - 10gs of amino goodness. Word to your mother.

Add in the 5gs of glutamine, 2 gs of betaine, 1 g of OKG (i LOVES) + electrolytes and we talkin money holmes. MONEY!

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I had the passion fruit and I found it no problem to sip on. End of story. I use a typical grey water bottle instead of a shaker cup an I had no bitcxz azz junior high prom queen problemz with dem stainz. Seriously - none. Look brahs, you gots problems with stainin, I recoomendz ya use dem Tampax and quit a bitchin. The flavor was on point and the total container left no ill effects on ma hardware. I used this straight up one scoop per serving with ma normla additionz of one scoopz dat PeproProz. #Winning

----Effectiveness----
I found that using this as an intra produced on-point effects as promised. Fuller sets, longer endurance, no dehydration. I was able to perform my normal progressive training routine without undue soreness - and that's the only message worth delivering brahs. I lifted heavy and I lifted on schedule. At the end of the day I was able to keep to ma chart. I didn't have to skip days. END OF STORY BRAHS.. Some of you have asked for more on effectiveness, but I tell you race car bed momos, what more is there to say than I could lift brahs, I COULD LIFT. On a more serious note, this supported recovery perfectly, and what I can't understand, is that even if I had to burn a shaker due to the stainz, what else is there for an amino product other than recovery/performance? Why else use an intra but to lift? I'd throw away endless shaker cups if it delivered the ability to hit reps on dat dere 405 bench. And whether we're talking next day recovery or even intra set recovery, I found this to be a perfect product for my needs. So brah, DO YOU EVEN LIFT?

----Value----This sells for right around $31.90 or $1.00 per servings. Pffft. if you think that's anything other than money well spent. The peace of minD of having NutraBio's GMP standards and on-site QA is worth that all on it's own. Nuff said. Seriously, all joking aside, focus on the quality. What good does cheap azz ingredients do you - this is top shelf.

.----Conclusion----
Money, I said it once, I'll say it again. If you lift, you love this. It provides aminos in abundance plus more. Look no further.

And while I wrote this review in a colorful fashion, you would be hard pressed to find a more reputable production and quality process than NutraBio - that means that what they say in is IntraBlast, really is. I found the level amounts of aminos to be acceptable and the additions of value-adds such as the OKG and electrolytes to be of benefit. This is a product that I will continue to purchase as it provides perfect support for my training needs.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Superb Taste
  • Helps With Recovery
  • Increases Hydration
  • Reduces Doms
  • Rehydrates

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
    (Thanks to SD Pharmaceuticals for sending it out!)
    ----Introduction----
    This is yet another in the body of growing reviews that might lead SD to re-examine their price point. I use BCAA products throughout the day as a healthier replacement to retail beverages - so I'm always up for trying flavorered BCAA products.

----Ingredient Profile----
    Again, a fully disclosed and amazingly simple formula; each 5.7g serving/scoop contains:

1500mg leucine
    1000mg valine
    834mg isoleucine

5mg Astrigin

1500mg leucine
    1000mg valine
    834mg isoleucine

5mg Astrigin

As I've said before, I love Astrigin but it's totally under-dosed and is not something to even consider at that dose. Not sure about the 45:30:25 ratio; totally researched or not or by whom, there's little wrong with the traditional 2:1:1 ratio that's served us so well for decades.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
    I had the pineapple and I loved it. Totally loved it. I often mixed it with PeptoPro and cit mal and it made a great intra. Whether mixing it, or drinking as a standalone, I used 2 scoops.

----Effectiveness----
    I found this to be equally effective when taken in equal amounts to other products. Really that's all there is - good recovery and a good compliment to my training. I highly recommend taking BCAAs and I have no problem with the effectiveness of this product in delivering.

----Value----
    Look, the hands-down, no doubt, Rolls Royce of BCAA products is AjiPure Fusi-BCAA. Ajinomoto is the undisputed king of purity and quality. However a small canister of their product sets you back $29.99 for 39 5g servings. This product sets you back $26.00 for 30 3.3g (actual BCAA) servings as well. It's really no contest. You can get Muscle Feast unflavored BCAAs for $12 for 200g or 400g of NutraBio flavorerd BCAA for $25. So compared to these competitors, the 100g of BCAA that SD Pharma provides just doesn't make the cut.

----Conclusion----
    It's jsut too expensive. Sorry guys. I would not purchase on my own and as a result I cannot recommend at this price point.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Faster Recovery
    • Reduced Fatigue

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
    (Thanks to SD Pharmaceuticals for sending it out!)
    ----Introduction----
    SD Pharma calls themselves the single ingredient specialists and this is their citrulline malate - most commonly used as a pump product. I use a more simple format to review for a bulk supplement and keep it short and sweet.

----Ingredient Profile----
    Each 3g scoop contains 2g of cit mal and 2.5mg of Astrigin. That's leave the rest from maltodextrin and silcon dioxide to prevent caking.

Highlights:
    **Not thrilled about the maltodextrin but can live with it

Highlights:
    **Not thrilled about the maltodextrin but can live with it
    **The 2.5mg of Astrigin is significantly under-dosed if you go by the manufacturer's specs which recommends 50mg.

**Taste was unflavored.
    **Acceptable mixing - no real foaming or grit.
    **Suggested dose is 1 scoop (2g). Normally I use 6-8g of cit mal so I went with 3 scoops.

----Effectiveness----
    This was equally effective with other brands of bulk cit mal that I've used. The biggest benefits touted from cit mal products are pump (as evidence by vascularity) and delayed fatigue. I received acceptable results in both categories. While cit mal isn't my only tool for avoiding fatigue, it is my only pump ingredient, so I was more than satisfied with the results. Not insane vascularity, but certainly noticeable.

----Value----
    Typically this sells for around $25. That's 220g of cit mal (or 110 scoops) at $25. If I buy bulk cit mal from Muscle Feast, I get 200g for $12 - so that's half the price. Any frankly, I don't consider 2.5mg of Astrigin worth the price difference. If you want Astrigin, well, buy Astrigin - you can get 300mg for less than $30. Likewise, you can get Genomyx Cit Mal for $13 for 200g (actually you can get 600g of Genomyx Cit Mal on bb.com for $26 right now). So there are far more affordable choices out there and ultimately, it's the price point that kills this.

----Conclusion----
    This is an effective product that suffers from a price point that's twice as large as it's competitors. It's addition of Astrigin is too low to make up the price difference. There's really no need to examine this further. Sorry guys, can't recommend.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Decent Pump

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
    (Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!)
    ----Introduction----
    For those people who train seriously, the need for carbs shouldn't even be an issue. Most of us rely on glycogen for everything other than 1-2 rep sets and light walking. Sure, there's keto and other variations, but like I said, for most of us, carbs help us get the most out of our training. So who wouldn't be interested in a carb that claims to offer accelerated glycogen replenishment with no bloat and added electrolytes for hydration? And HBCD carb sources have been around for a while, but really came to prominence vis-a-vis John Meadows and Mountain Dog Training. Enter NutraBio into the HBCD arean...

----Ingredient Profile----

Each 25.8 contains 100 calories from 25g of highly branched cyclic dextrin and then 825mg of electrolytes. And just in case you missed it, that mean zero fillers or additives. Total disclosure, no fillers, what more could you want. Top notch.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
    Mixing was easy, total dispersion and no grit. Flavor was orange mango and I found it to be refreshing and very easy too dink - maybe jsut a tad sweet but that was easily adjusted with more water. Mixed clear in ice water. Perfect.

I typically used 1-2 scoops per shaker.

----Effectiveness----
    ok, so we've already had the waxy maize vs maltodextrin vs rice syrup solids vs Vitargo fads. Is HBCD all that and a bag of chips? You can find studies saying "yes" and studies saying "no". Nothing surprising there. What did I find? I found it was a perfect carb for my intra drink which is 25g of SuperCarb and 20g of PeptoPro. There was zero bloating. It looked, felt and tasted just like Gatorade, which for me, was the key. I HATE drinking anything that's thick during training - even whey is an issue. So the combination of SuperCarb and PeptoPro provided me with a benefit beyond what's on the label - highly drinkable and refreshing. I got excellent energy, no bloating and it absolutely fit with my training nutrition plan. It also didn't fill me up and since I train at 0530 every AM, allows me to get a faster carb source into my system without having to wait for something heavier like oatmeal to digest. Really, while I am in no way, shape or form an elite athlete, it's functionally perfect for my training needs.

----Value----
    Typical price for bulk HBCD from TrueNutrition is $12.69 per pound. Other super carb products such as Vitargo S2 go for around $15-20 per pound. High end blends such as BioTest Plazma are $20+ per pound. So at first blush, it looks like NutraBio is coming in right in line with TrueNutrition with a $15 per pound price point. But I really think that you have to also include good ole maltodextrin and oats and other more low end carb sources in your analysis. You can get those at $3.00 per pound, no sweat. So the real question is whether or not you can benefit from the claims made by super carbs in the first place. If you're an elite athlete, then by all means, try this - although, I know plenty of elite athletes who swear by oatmeal as a carb source. If you suffer from bloating and perhaps poorly assimilate carbs, then yes, give it a try. If you're looking for a perfect intra carb, and like me, don't mind paying a surplus, yes. But if you're Joe New Year just looking to hit ma bench brah and git swole, probably not; stick with maltodextrin. Now I don't do HIT cardio or endurance but if I did, then I would want to give this a go. At least I'd try it for a single tub just to see how it worked.

So I'll rate the value an "8" as an average but perhaps a more accurate scale would be 9.5 for someone who qualifies above and 5.0 for the average Joe.

----Conclusion----
    An expensive, but extremely high quality HBCD offering. If the money isn't an issue, I don't think you'll find a better choice for a super carb on the market.
    • True Label Disclosure
    • High Quality
    • No Bloat
    • Improved Recovery

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
    (Thanks to apsu nutrition for sending it out!)
    ----Introduction----

I take vitamins. Really that's it, lol. I'm not an expert on all the things that really matter such as sourcing, forms, raws, dosage, etc. 99.99% of us aren't. But what I can do is offer my unscientific and anecdotal thoughts on why I like this product:

----Ingredient Profile----

I'm not going to go too deep into the actual ingredients because frankly, micros aren't might area of expertise. What I do know is that dose and quality does matter. But this contains the expected vitamin and mineral components. I will say that it's a bit light on two of the ingredients I look for the most: zinc and magnesium. And I prefer them both in citrate forms (generally better absorption I'm told), so that's good for the magnesium but not so much for the zinc (sulfate). But this does also include a super food blend and an enzyme complex so perhaps that balances out the absorption factors. This also contains a joint complex and anti-inflammatories. And taken as a whole I rate this as a very solid choice for most active people.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
    I really liked that this is only two tablets - easy to take, no burprs or aftertaste and relatively easy to swallow. Compared with other vitamins that require 9 horse-pill sized tablets, I'm thrilled at the convenience and ease of use of a single daily dose of 2 tabs.

I really didn't see much of an impact one way or the other from the joint support. Fortunately, that's really not something that's important for me in choosing a multi so I call it a push on joint support.

----Effectiveness----

I agree with APSU's mantra of using a vitamin in conjunction with healthy diet. For me vitamin's are an insurance policy; I still try to rely upon a healthy and well balanced diet in order to get my minerals and vitamins.

Perhaps the most helpful insight I can offer is that I've gone the way of using high shelf vitamins such as Garden of Life and at almost 3 times the price, I simply did not get a noticeable benefit in comparison to how I felt on APSU. Now granted, I've just taken 1 month, but I've already placed an order to use these for longer.

And like others, I place a good bit of faith in the change in the color of my urine when on a vitamin and this product did not impact it at all, which is an important plus for me.

----Value----
    I think this is an excellent value. You can get one month for $18.90 on Amazon (with Prime shipping) or get 3 bottles from the manufacturer for $17.30 a bottle and free shipping. A great value either way.

----Conclusion----
    Like I said - a solid choice for a multi. The gold standard for me is whether or not I'll buy it on my own and that's just what I did. Take it for what it's worth, but that's my highest endorsement.
    • Good Profile
    • Easy To Swallow
    • Once A Day Use

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
      (SR paid for product; Jym did not participate)
      ----Introduction----
      PWO products are without a doubt one of the most popular, and perhaps easiest, supplements to review. Why? Because we judge them primarily on their ergogenic effect and how they make us feel, now. And PreJym made me feel great. It tasted great, supported great training sessions and had no crash. Really it's that simple. I judge a pwo on how it supports my workouts, nothing more, nothing less. And this fits the bill. There is zero chance you will be disap[pointed with this so just go try it already. Seriously, the rest of this review should be like the teacher talking on Charlie Brown: wah, wah, wah wah... In fact, why are you still reading?

ok, so you're a glutton for punishment or just have too much time on your hands so I'll share the rest...

----Ingredient Profile----
      Loving the full disclosure of such a robust formula. It's not coincidental that full disclosure is also present with my 2 others favs: Citadel Nutrition Tier 1 and Muscle Feast Pumped Raw.

I like what I see: 2g creatine HCL, 2g beta alinine (light), 1.5g betaine, 1 g taurine, 600mg NAC, 300mg Alpha GPC, 6 g cit mal (nice!), 500mg beet root, 6g BCAA(2:1:1), 1.5g tyrosine, 300mg caffeine, 50mcg huperzine, 5mg Bioperine.

The beta is light, so no tingles for me, but that's not a big deal. I really like the t6g cit mal and things like beta alanine and betaine and creatine are staples for me. The Alpha GPC is at the lower end of the acceptable scale but still I believe it's influence is felt. The BCAAs are nice and all around it's hard to find a more well balanced pwo formula.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
      I had the orange mango and it's flavor is very nice - perhaps a bit on the tart side, but very drinkable. I got a good bit of foam and I highly recommend this be either first diluted in warm water or mixed a shaker cup for full dispersion. Of course, shaker=foam.

I found that 1 heavy scoop was the ticket for me.

----Effectiveness----
      Quite simply this is extremely well balanced and effective. I did not jump out of my skin or howl at the moon or experience skin splitting pumps. But I did find a perfect blend of energy with no crash or jitters and focus. Endurance was never a factor and I maintained power throughout my sets. Seriously balanced training support that let me hit on all cylinders start to finish. What more do you need?

It's interesting that in the marketing materials JS compares PreJym to a formula that only contains beta-alanine, caffeine, creatine and tyrosine, which is the exact formula for Tier 1. He claims that it could be made a lot more effective with the ingredients that PreJym adds. I'd probably disagree with that claim; I find both to be effective in supporting my training goals at 0530 every morning. Perhaps it's more to the fact that view training pre, intra and post, but for me, this is a shade of grey that simply didn't apply. Perhaps for someone that only uses a single product, a pwo, it might be more applicable and PrJym would get the nod.

----Value----
      ok, so this is a bit more pricey than the average pwo product but really, that's not even close to a deal breaker. Yes, it's 20 servings for $36 or 30 servings for $48 which comes out to between $1.60 and $1.80 per serving. And yes, at $1.80 I might be more inclined to cringe a bit since that's twice the price of the other top two products, but it is a worthy addition so in the broader scope of things the added money is trivial; I choose to go with what works.

----Conclusion----
      The rating system at SR has changed to an Olympic style system since I reviewed Tier 1 and Pumped Raw but I would consider all three of these my top 3 pwo choices and an equally worthy choice regardless of differences in ratings. You simply cannot go wrong purchasing this. Is it the second coming of Jesus like some other reviews have stated, well, no. But is it far superior to most of the other drek out there - absolutely!

You didn't actually read this whole review did you? I thought I told you to go buy it, damnit.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • No Proprietary Blend
      • Solid Foundation
      • Solid Ingredients
      • No BS

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
        (SR paid for product; Jym did not participate)
        ----Introduction----
        ZMA - the supplement that is either a total scam or a total wonder drug for most people. From my understanding the very first ZMA supplement was brought to market by the famous/infamous Victor Conte of Barry Bonds, Balco Labs fame. In the interim, many versions of this popular sleep aid have come and gone. And I suspect that's a pretty telling fact - the market doesn't lie. But I thinkt hat's becuase a good many have tried to promote this as a natty test booster - a position that ZMA Jym doesn't adopt; in fact they clearly say that if you want a test booster, take a test booster. (although they have that product for sale, too, lol)

So given Jim Stoppani's stance on supplements and science I was at first surprised, and then curious, as to why ZMA made his cut. And let's face it, it's hard to dismiss someone like Jim - phD in exercise physiology, post doc work at Yale, and a body like a Greek god, lol. So i was open to trying ZMA again.

----Ingredient Profile----
        First off, full label disclosure. That's great.

B6 - 10.5 mg
        Magnesium (as magnesium aspartate) 450 mg
        Zine (as mono-lL-methionine and aspartate) 30 mg
        Bioperine 5mg

Simple and to the point. According to the vendor, these are the correct forms of the ingredients , unlike many others who who the cheaper and less available forms. Aldo from the vendor, the dosing is precise and full. It's out of my depth to comment on these claims, but they do lead one to beleive that the product has merit.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
        These are 3 moderately sized pills taken on an empty stomach 30-60 minutes before bed. No issues.

----Effectiveness----
        For me, the real magic of ZMA lays with the known beneficial properties of it's ingredients, regardless of whether taken in a "ZMA" type supplement. So yes, you'll gain benefit from these - in my case this was an overall better feeling, less fatigue, more sound sleep (although that alone provides numerous wellness benefits). None of these were earth shattering, however, due to my medical conditions, I tend to pay pretty close attention to my diet and training. So for me, perhaps the benefits were a bit muted from the strict regimen that is already in place; someone with a deficiency to begin with could possibly see much more benefit.

But I did get an overall better sense of wellness and recovery so yes, I think it is effective. And I did get better, deeper sleep - which is the real gold for me.

----Value----
        Now this sells for $16 for a month supply (90 caps). So that comes down to a bit over .50 a day. Is it worth it? Well you could buy the individual ingredients for pretty cheap on the open market - heck I imagine you could get a 3 month supply on Amazon using the lowest priced vendors if you so desired. But are you getting the same peace of mind as to quality? To be honest, it seems that the quality is the main issue iin the first place - plenty of studies tout the individual benefits but so many products fail to deliver. Why? Cheap quality? Poor quality control? If you price the same ingredients using high end vitamin suppliers, Jym ZMA is actually a bit cheaper. Unscientific, sure, but that's actually been a pretty reliable metric for me. So I think this is a very solid value for people who don't have enough of a background to make smart individual ingredient choices. And frankly, we're talking $16 here. So if you get them for half, is it really worth the hassle to save $8? You blow that on a latte as Starbucks, lol.

----Conclusion----
        I think this is a solid staple product and a wise buying decision for people who know their nutrient intake is far from "on point". The $16 insurance policy gives you peace of mind and the benefits from the higher quality of sleep are numerous.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Better Sleep
        • Better Recovery
        • Fully Disclosed
        • Higher Quality Ingredients

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
          (Thanks to Protein Factory for sending it out!)
          ----Introduction----
          This review will focus on two aspects - the quality of PeptoPro as a protein and the quality of ProteinFactory in presenting facts, not fiction, thus giving you the consumer, the ability to decide on your own. As I've said ad naseum, most hydrolyzed proteins are totally drek - barely hydrolyzed or hydrolyzed to such a small percentage that they're little more than a normal isolate. But that doesn't stop the marketing machines from kicking in and claiming all the benefits of hydrolyzed proteins for a product that barely qualifies in the first place.

What they don't te...
          ----Introduction----

What they don't tell you: % hydrolyzed and molecular weight. What PF tells you: 80% di and tri peptides under 300 daltons. That's gold. That means that the greatest amount of these will be able to be absorbed directly through peptides receptors. So if you are someone who believes in the speed of absorption and choose a hydrolyzed protein, I hate to break it to you - most of them simply don't deliver. My rule of thumb is that if you're mixing it in milk and don't gag - it's not hydrolyzed, lol. PeptpPro is the real deal.

Each 25g servings contains:

calories: 90
          fat: 0
          carbs: 2g
          protein: 20g

It's interesting because I thought all PeptoPro came from a company called DSM, but if you look at the label for a competitor, TrueNutrition, their PeptoPro lists for a 30g serving 110 calories, .5g fat, .2g carbs and 24.2g protein. I trust both these companies so I have no insight as to why the difference.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
          This is really one of the MAJOR reasons why I love PeptoPro. It mixes clear in water. Let me say that again - it mixes clear in water. That means I can mix this with anything like Mio, Crystal Lite, etc and not have the thick milk-like consistency of regular protein supplements. It also opens up all kinds of flavor choices. I practice intra-workout nutrition so I mix 1 scoop of this in a flavored amino mix or flavored HBCD with some cit mail and BOOM - I've got something I can sip on all workout. But guess what - even if I just dump it in some Gatorade for the simple carbs, I'm good to go. Just be aware there is some foaming but it will die down. Dispersion/Solubility is complete with no undissolved particles.

----Effectiveness----

This is highly effective. It supports all my goals exactly as a normal protein supplement. It is far more versatile and functional since I can mix it in things like Gatorade that really don't need refrigeration - so great for afternoons outside as well (but a bit pricey for that so typically I'll just use an amino mix). Pre, intra or post - this is an excellent and effective way to meet your macro requirements. Need carbs? Add em? Want some pump? Add that too. There's a reason John Meadows touted PeptoPro in Plazma for all those years - and yes, maybe his new formula is almost as good with EAAs instead of PeptoPro but you can't tell me that wasn't 100% a price point decision. (Well,m you can tell me, heck JM can tell me, but I'm not sure I'm going to believe it...lol)

Right now my mix is NutraBio SuperCarb and PeptoPro + cit mal and it rocks. I get the Pineapple or Orange Mango flavor SuperCarb and dump a scoop of PeptoPro in, add ice, and I have a delicious and effective intra.

----Value----
          ok, so this is expensive. No doubt about it. $30.00 a lb. 15-18 servings an lb (depending on scoop size). That's around $2.00 per serving vs $1.00 for regular whey. Twice the price. Is it worth it? For me, no question. Effectiveness, convenience and versatility - I don't even give it a second thought. Maybe it's because I use intra workout nutrition and then go home, shower, get ready for work and have breakfast, but for me, there was just no way I could handle a shaker of thicker vanilla whey.

Look, pretty much all quality protein can get you where you want to go - so whether it's TrueNutrion or Protein Factory or Muscle Feast or NutraBio or MyProtein - I use em all for whey. But for this, there's only True Nutrition or Protein Factory. You can also buy from PF on Amazon, but the price is like $13 more so that's not really sane except for the fact that's it's Prime eligible. (I suspect they just folded the higher PF shipping price into the Prime Price - both PF and TN have very high shipping since they don't defray any of the costs with flat rate shipping like other companies - which I don't have a problem with btw). There is simply nothing in the same class and/or category as PeptoPro. If that versatility and effectiveness doesn't appeal to you, then no, it's not worth twice the price. But before you go wasting your money on others supplements, just consider detouring an additional few dollars to something that's actually a quality product.

Although it does crack me up that they offer a grape flavor for $9.00 more. I mean, isn't the point that you flavor it with cheap drink products or Gatorade and not have to spend 30% more for flavor?

----Conclusion----
          Obviously, I love PeptoPro. I'd rather spend $60 a month on this than the stupid crazy amount of money that I used to spend on so many other overpriced and marginal products. It's effective. It's versatile. I used to use Protein Factory exclusively and they went through some shaky times (the $180/mth vitamin for example) but Alex Rogers, the owner, puts out some quality products and this is one of them. I have no hesitation is recommending this product from this company.
           Pros:
           Cons:
          • Versatile
          • Mix With Anything
          • Fast Acting

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
          (Thanks to Vital 4U® for sending it out!)
          ----Introduction----
          I was fortunate to review their first product, Screamin Energy Max HIT, so I was excited to try another of their single serving energy drink products.

Each 2/3 fl.oz. (20mL) pouch contains:
          50 calories

13g Carbs (12g Sugar)

- - - -
          100% DV Thiamin (B-1)
          50% DV Niacin (B-3)
          100% DV Pyridoxine HCL (B-6)
          400% DV Vitamin B-12
          Alpha-GPC 50% 25mg

551mg ULTRA POWER BLEND: Taurine, caffeine (aprox 185mg) , L-Arginine AKG 2:1 and Yohimbe HCL

Other ingredients:

Each 2/3 fl.oz. (20mL) pouch contains:
          50 calories

13g Carbs (12g Sugar)

- - - -
          100% DV Thiamin (B-1)
          50% DV Niacin (B-3)
          100% DV Pyridoxine HCL (B-6)
          400% DV Vitamin B-12
          Alpha-GPC 50% 25mg

Other ingredients:
          Purified Water, Sucrose, Natural Flavors & Colors, Potassium Sorbate & Sodium Benzoate, Ascorbic Acid and Panax Ginseng

While not a fan of prop blends, I am glad that they provide the caffeine content. Yohimbe would be nice to have the amount provided as well.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

This comes in a tear away single serving foil pack. The flavor is caramel french roast coffee - it's ok, nothing fantastic, but hey it's less than an ounce so it's just fine.

There's no mixing because it's already liquid - just tear, drink and squeeze.

Vital4U says you can start off with half a pack but given the nature of the foil pack and the small amount of liquid (20ml), I seriously doubt that you could consistently gauge/measure that. maybe if you emptied it into another cup first, but that kind of defeats the convenience.

----Effectiveness----

Now Vital 4U claims that this can be used as a pwo for an intense workout experience - not really sure on that. It's got a good punch but it's not really what I would reach for in that situation. Where it did excel was in the early AM and early afternoon. It provides a very smooth and long lasting focus and energy. I experienced no jitters and no crash - so that's perfect! I also think this would be ideal for day long outdoor activities like biking or hiking; the energy and focus is just so smooth.

But best of all: you can't beat the convenience. No refrigeration, no powder or shaker, no mixing and it fits easily in a pocket or pack.

----Value----
          A 12 pack sells for $21.00, which is $1.75 per pack. Volume purchasing discounts are available that it down to $1.25 if you buy 48 and even lower with more. I find that to be acceptable at $1.25 each. The effectiveness and convenience are quite frankly, hard to beat. I keep these at my desk and in my trunk. They're literally toss & go products. SO for me, that's a good value.

----Side Effects----

----Conclusion----

Like I said - for an early morning or during the day boost, you can't beat this for effectiveness and convenience. It's a winner folks. Nuff said.
           Pros:
           Cons:
          • Smooth
          • Decent Flavor
          • Convenient

Copyright © 2016 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.