lava135

• Linked social media account

Reviews by lava135

August 10, 2015

----Introduction----

I will disagree with the approach of most of the previous reviewers. Yes, if you compare this against individual intra or post products then I believe it would fall short, but if you approach this as a true "supplement"; i.e. something that is intended to fill in the gaps in your daily nutrition and targeted supplements, then I think it's great. And that's what I believe it's intended for - something to drink in between meals or during the day.

----Ingredient Profile----
This has pretty much everything, including the kitchen sink, thrown in - aminos, coconut powder, enzymes, vitamins, joint support - I mean it's got a ton of stuff. Here's a link to the product page if you want to see the specific breakdowns and the marketing blurb on each ingredient:

I jsut like the overall look and feel and approach that's being taken here. It's not a best of breed in any of the typical amino or intra pprodeuct categories but I feel that it actually is a new category all on it's own and for that, it's an excellent profile.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I had the mango pineapple and it was freaking out of this world delicious. Mixing was perfect with zero grit or floaties. Did I mention that it was freaking delicious?

Now the bad part: when I opened the tub, it was missing DA SCOOPA!! Oh the horror. All my gainz, down the drainz, since every brah knowz that all dem gainz come from DA SCOOPA. :( Suffice it to say that I soldiered on and found a scooper that measured out 15.5g and used it. Digital scales = winning. I would take 1-2 servings a day. (But still, the emotional damage will take a long while to put behind me bros. I know you feel what I'm saying.)

----Effectiveness----
Ok, so here's the only part that really matters - lifting, physique, performance - these things matter to me. So first and foremost comes diet, training and rest. That's what I rely upon. But isn't it great to have something that is in line with all that to drink during the day instead of having to rely on crappy retail products or Crystal Light or such? I think it is. And I do think that this is a pretty unique product to help provide that. Sure, there's an abundance of marketing speak about recovery and growth and stamina - blah, blah, blah, blah. In my opinion if you're relying on a supplement to provide that, then you've already failed. For realz. So no, I didn't get dat dere massiv anabolik growth bro. What I did get was a solid peace of mind that I was making a pretty wise choice for what I sipped on during the day and the consistency that the ingredients in All Day You May were in line with the other areas of my philosophy/approach. And the fact that it was so freaking delicious made it my first choice in any case - and that's golden when something that's good for you also tastes good so you want to use it. Seriously, for me it's that simple - this is a fantastic choice for drinking during the day.

----Value----
ok, so using it as I did (1-2 servings per day) comes out to about 3 weeks at $1 per serving. Now, that's perhaps not cheap, but it kicks the living crap out of buying retail health/fitness drinks like Neon. And it's a better product. So I'm going to rate value as high. I'd much rather spend $1 per day on this product than say the liver product that I reviewed earlier. Becuase, at the end of the day, I'm drinking stuff all day long - it's worth it to me to make that stuff quality.

----Conclusion----
Like I said, I loved this product. It's easy to look past the real benefit and that's that this is a product that compliments the rest of what we do. Is it critical? Will all your gainz be for naught without it? No, of course not. But it can be a really, really smart choice to reach for when you're sitting at your desk at work or out for a walk with the doggie. And sure, it's a bit pricey, but not when you compare it to what most of us normally reach for at the local 7-11.
  • Helps Hydration
  • Supports My Diet And Training
  • A Bit Pricey
  August 10, 2015

----Introduction----

I'm someone who thinks that liver and organ products are probably a pretty good insurance policy for most of us, even those not on cycle. I also think that most of these products get over-hyped by the users. In the days of widespread PH availability, the need for broad spectrum support supplements was far greater due to the toxic nature of oral PH products. But even regular OTC supplements and alcohol can take a toll, so again, these actually can make sense for the regular recreational lifter.

----Ingredient Profile----
First off, all ingredients are fully disclosed so big props. It's got many of the ingredients you'll see in other support supps; grouped by liver, heart, prostrate, kidney and skin support.

Liver: milk thistle(600mg), NAC(1000mg), l-glutathone(30mg)
Heart: hawthorn berry(1100mg), ALA(400mg), garlic(300mg), di magnesium malate(50mg), CQ-10(25mg)
Prostrate: saw palmetto(1000mg), pygeum(625mg)
Kidney: cordyceps sinesis(500mg)
Skin: zinc chelate(30mg), selenium(70mcg)

This is comparable to a product like LGI Damage Control - greater in some ingredients, lesser in others. The major difference is that damage control has TUDCA. But like I said, comparable in my opinion.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
First off, 9 pills a day gets pretty old, pretty fast.

----Effectiveness----
I find this to be solid, across the board effective. I get labs taken more than most people so I actually have a pretty accurate image of things like liver function via weekly CBC. I found that this product held all of my major liver and heart functions relatively stable (keep in mind that I have other issues so my normal is higher than most people's) but anyway, this certainly helped maintain my values within an acceptable range and I would have no trouble recommending it.

----Value----
Value is in-line with other broad spectrum support products - this sells for around $26 for a 30 day supply; Damage Control sells for about $3 more. Now if all you are looking for is liver protection, then you simply can't beat the value from Liv.52. These come in around $1 per day, Liv.52 about .20/day. But you don't get the heart, kidney, prostrate, etc support. Mainly it comes down to a personal value judgement on whether or not $1/day is worth it.

----Side Effects----
Fish burps/heart burn if you don't take enough water.

----Conclusion----
A solid product. Decent value. Fully disclosed. Would recommend.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Solid Ingredient List
  • Fully Disclosed
  • 9 Pills A Day
  August 7, 2015

9.4

----Introduction----

Creatine is one of my staples; always has been and always will be. Due to the overall low per serving price of creatine in general, I almost always go with Creapure since the added cost isn't that great and I prefer to not have to worry about purity. NutraBio is one of the only companies that I would trust to provide equal quality creatine even without the Creapure brand. Their labs and quality control is just that good.

----Ingredient Profile----
This is a creatine blend:

Magnesium 80 mg
Creatine HCL 2000mg
Creatine Monohydrate 2000mg
Creatine Magnapower 2000mg

In general, I'm not a fan of the various creatine analogs as I've always gotten great performance from straight mono. However creatine HCL is one of the two analogs that I would pay a bit more for (the other being creatine nitrate). I'm relatively "meh" on the Magnapower. But overall it's certainly an effective blend. No issues with the profile. Dosing is more than adequate with the 2g of HCL and 2g mono and 2g magnapower.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I got the unflavored so taste was N/A. Mixing was perfect with zero residue. Dosing was 1 scoop per day regardless of training. Generally I take it either pre or post workout mixed with whatever I'm drinking.

----Effectiveness----
I use creatine for muscle strength and performance and I received top notch effectiveness with this product. Like I said, I'm always taking creatine so this maintained equal performance to my MuscleFeast Creapure. There rerallyisn't more to say - I use creatine strictly for performance.

----Value----
I've often said that creatine is a supplement company's worst nightmare - it's effective and cheap all on it's own so theres little way to squeeze greater profits out of it; not that many don't try with goofy blends and claims. Typically I buy Creapure in bulk for around .23 per 5g serving. This comes in at .28 per serving. So if you want to sweat the % increase, then by all means, do so. But for me, paying an additional $1.50 per month is so totally not an issue. Seriously. Add in the value of the quality assurance and it's a no-brainer.

----Conclusion----
This is a top notch product at a more than fair market price. But more than that, this is a product form a company that is only about quality, and there are really very few of those out there. This is all win-win. So don't get caught up in all the goofy marketing hype some companie use by producing these exotic blends. Stick with tried and true. Don't be a moron and overthink things that don't need to be over-thought. Buy this and you've got creatine covered!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • It Works
  • Great Value For A Blend
  • Solid And Effective

----Introduction----

Revolutionary? I can't say, but this is without a doubt, one of the best "health" products that I've seen. Most of us stick with traditional bb type proteins found but there is a whole other market that I call healthy proteins for people who are looking for more "natural" eating choices. You know the type; people who shop in health food stores and brands like Garden of Life, Nature's Plus or SunWarrior. These proteins typically focus on whole food diets and are blended with a variety of plant and animal based products with other "healthy" additions such as spirullina or maca. In my opinion there's two major drawbacks with these products: Cost (they are fiendishly expensive per pound) and protein content (typically extremely low protein % per serving). So I was excited to try this when I looked at the label and saw 25g protein per 34g serving.
    ----Introduction----

----Ingredient Profile----
    This is a blended product. The primary whey blend comes from grass fed concentrate and isolate. Next up is a mix of pea isolate, rice concentrate, spirulina and barley with a bunch of other additions such as enzymes, bacteria, green tea, flaxseed, and maca. There's also some maltodextrin but it's at the very end of the ingredient list so I'm not so concerned.

Overall it's 34g per serving: protein: 25g, carbs: 4g and fat 1.5g (thus less than 4g of additives/fillers) That's more than respectable and any clean advocate should have no issues with this. Like the label says, it's sugar free and gluten free, derived from non GMO grass fed whey (a topic I really don't have an opinion on except to say that I do buy into the glutathione argument).

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
    For a pproduct that has plant based proteins in it,m this mixed up amazingly smooth; typically they tend to be gritty. Drinkability is a big plus for me, since it has to be palatable. What good is a product if you don't lok forward to taking it on a consistent basis? I had the vanilla latte and it had a nice full vanilla flavor with a touch of cinnamon - very nice. And unlike other proteins with spirulina - it didn't turn into pond water, lol.

I took this using either 1 or two scoops, at any time of the day. I found it to be a great breakfast alternative for me.

----Effectiveness----
    Like any protein, the effectiveness is rather hard to judge except when it goes away or gives you terrible digestive issues. I had none of those with this product. Recovery was still excellent (although that's my diet and rest more than anything else). No major gas or stomach issues. So I found this to be a very excellent choice for me to through into my daily routine. I also found it to be a great base for making smoothies - just add in some fruit, cashew milk, kale or spinach and I was good to go.

Although anecdotal, I also felt that this provided a better sense of fullness and satiety - which is really great for trying to keep total caloric intake down a bit.

----Value----
    ok, like all health proteins, this takes a hit on value simply from the $20/pound price tag. A 3# jug goes for $59.99. That's not cheap, although it is basically inline with what other grass fed whey products sell for. Maybe a bit higher since you can get New Zealand whey from True Nutrition for around $13/pound. But it is basically the same price as SunWarrior with more protein content. So value here comes down to what it's worth to you to switch to products that promise to support better overall health. I look at it a bitter differently - since I'll pay $12/pound for Muscle Feast, I merely ask is it worth the additional $8/pound for this product. And since it doesn't have to be an either/or proposition, I said sure, I'll give it a try and use both in combination since I always keep an MRP type protein on hand for during the day. But at the end of the day, this is a Cadillac product - value is going to be very subjective.

----Conclusion----
    I'm all about making higher quality choices in my food and supplements. While this wouldn't be my go to post workout protein (Muscle Feast still holds that spot) this is seriously a wicked good choice for added protein intake during the day. If these kind of "healthy" products appeal to you, then I highlly recommend you give this a try over some of the more health store oriented brands. It's jsut as healthy (if not more) than those, better price and higher overall protein content.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Taste And Mixability
    • Better Overall Health Support
    • Decent Protein Content
    • Ideal For Anytime Of Day
    • High Cost
      July 29, 2015

----Introduction----

I use BCAA energy type products in two ways - either as a pick me up during the day instead of the more sugar laden retail energy drinks out there, or as the base for my intra formula during a workout. I'll compare this to the more widely known ON Amino Energy.

----Ingredient Profile----
    Both EVL and ON have similiar 2 scoop serving sizing, both around 10g. Kudos to EVL for not using the crappy prop blend approach that ON uses (5g with the first 3 ingredients being taurine, glutamine and arginine, so who knows how much BCAA you actually get). With EVL you get 5g of BCAA in a 2:1:1 ratio, so solid win for EVL on profile.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
    Quite frankly I didn't think anyone could touch ON with their flavoring system but damnit, the EVL orange dream is just about the most freaking delicious orange dream sickle flavor that I've ever had. It mixes totally without residue and stays that way while you drink it. It's another win for EVL.

----Effectiveness----
    I found this to be exactly as I expected with 2 scoops providing me a solid pick me up and focus. It doesn't approach a pwo level of stims but it's the right amount for me to just help get dialed in. It's especially effective when I use a non-stim pwo and need just a touch of caffeine in my intra to give me a little boost. And the flavor, oh the flavor, lol. Seriously, I used this as the base for my Pepto-Pro intra and damn, if I didn't want to drink the whole thing in the first 15 minutes.

Now any of these energy amino drinks can be mixed with more scoops - EVL says up to 6, but that takes you through a tub at warp speed and the per cost serving just makes the value factor insanely low. So I don't see these as smart choices for a pwo. But to keep on hand during the day - it's off the charts effective when compared to a Monster Energy or Red Bull type drink, and that's the other way I used it. It was perfect for an afternoon drink to dial back in the focus at work.

----Value----
    ok, so here's the one area that ON actually wins - right, wrong or indifferent. Sure the EVL is a superior profile, no questions asked, but $36 for 20 servings vs $35 for 65 servings is significant. Really significant. Especially since the energy function is pretty evenly matched between the two. (Although I did come across pricing on BB.com that lists 40 servings for $26.00 - which is more servings for less money on the same product page? This drives me batty!!!) So basically either 20 or 40 servings ranging in price from $26-$36.

But even so, let's not get too tied up in the BCAA quality aspect - if you are looking at the BCAA content, these products are all way too expensive when you compare them to a quality intra like IntraFlight that packs 16g of aminos (8g BCAA) into half the price. So you have to ask if the added energy is actually worth that much increase in price for any of these products. My opinion is no, it's not - you're better off sticking with a non-stim BCAA as an intra and getting the stim from a pwo. However, like I said earlier, if you're comparing it to the cost of a Red Bull, then it's a far better quality choice and a far better value, so with that in mind, I will say that it definitely has a place on my shelf as an anytime type energy drink.

Although, if the 40 servings for $26 is the standard price, then that's .65 per serving which I can absolutely live with. Overall I'll raise my value from 7 to 7.5 on this info, but like I said, these aren't the most value concious products on the market to begin with; definitely more of a commodity.

----Conclusion----
    As I said above, as a pwo it's an outright value loser. As an intra, it's very pricey. As an alternative to energy drinks during the day, it's a winner. Between this an ON Amino Energy, I like this in every category except price - fortunately there seems to be many sales (like buy 2 get 3) that help soften the blow. So if you come across one of these sales, then by all means, pull the trigger - you won't be disappointed.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Effective Energy
    • No Prop Blend
    • Fantastic Taste
    • Great Energy Drink Replacement
      July 28, 2015

----Introduction----

Muscle Up is a non-stimulant offering in the pwo category. The marketing material touts it's base of 5 nootropics to stimulate growth hormone production and frankly, I'm pretty "meh" on that aspect. I understand that everyone wants dem dere gainz, but what Muscle Up delivered is simply one of the cleanest and most focused experiences that I've gotten from a pwo. On to the review.

----Ingredient Profile----
    Like I already said, this is a nootropic based formula

2500mg of cit mal - ok, but light
    1250mg of betaine - nice
    3350 - prop blend of creatine mono, alpha-GPC, bacopa monnieri extract, l-theanine and ALA.

Typically I'm not thinking of creatine as a nootropic, so I'm less than thrilled at it's inclusion in the prop blend because it adds a significant margin to what's actually in the damn blend - most of the high value ingredients are measured around 500mg and creatine around 5g, so you can hide a lot of sins with that variance. It's the things like the ALA and bacopa that I care about - am I getting 500mg? 750mg? Personally I'd like at least 600mg of each and let's add in 300mg of alpha-GPC. So do you see where I'm going here? Ditch the prop blend.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
    I actually found the fruit punch tobe very refreshing - nice and tart and not too sweet. Mixing was above average with some particles. Note: it's best to keep this in the freezer in my opinion as I got to the end, there was a decent amount of clumping and moisture.

Dosing was straight off the label so 1 scoop for 30 true servings.

----Effectiveness----
    Ok, so I beat them up a little bit on the prop blend but at the end of the day I found this to be just fantastic. Maybe it's my old age but I simply do not respond to the high stim products in a positive way like I used to 10 years ago. I prefer something that puts me more "in the groove" than having my gills jacked up. This did exactly that. I can't speak to any muscle gain specific to this product but what it did provide was putting me in the proper mental state to lift some damn weights. End of story. I sound like a broken record but seriously, I look for products that support my training, not some goofy marketing blitz that promises gainz not painz. I'll handle the heavy lifting - I look to supps to handle getting me there. Mission accomplished. I also found that this provided an excellent mental focus during the afternoon at work - so it's an added bonus that I could use it pwo as well as for mental focus at work. Winning.

----Value----
    I can only find this direct from the manufacturer (even via Amazon) at $36.00. So that comes to a bit over a dollar a serving - seriously in the no sweat zone for per serving pricing.

----Conclusion----
    I love it. End of story. If you're tired of the diminishing returns from all your stim heavy products, give this a try - even just as a break to let your system reset. I wasn't disappointed and I don't think you will be, either.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Fantastic Focus
    • Great Training Support
        June 18, 2015

----Introduction----

This is the second protein snack that I've received from MyProtein via the ER program. I love having convenient sources of protein on hand for those occasions when I'm on the road or out in the field and keeping something cold is an issue. It's probably useful to keep in mind that I do not treat any of these products as a staple or foundation for daily nutrition; these are convenience products only. It appears that these are a private label product from Novo, albeit in a slightly smaller serving size.

----Ingredient Profile----

Serving size: 1 bag (1.06 oz or 30g)
      Calories: 110
      Protein: 15g, Carbs: 9g, Fat: 2g

Pretty solid macros. The first ingredient is the protein blend, which is a mix of soy isolate, whey concentrate and whey isolate. I could do without the soy, but it's not a deal breaker in a convenience product like this. I would not use a soy protein on a daily basis. The next ingredient is rice flour followed by all the flavorings - so it's a pretty simple mix and I like it.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
      Ok, so this is where things get a little dicey. First off, these are quite dry; pretty sure you can't get through even half a bag without having to take a drink lest your mouth turn into a solid clump of sawdust-like particles. But again, this isn't a deal breaker for me since it's all about the extra protein for me. As such, I'm willing to sacrifice a little on the look & feel; however, I suspect most people will judge the texture more harshly as, like I said, it's quite dry. I had the char-grilled chicken flavor and it was pretty much exactly that. A bit freaky to have chicken flavored crisps, but there you have it. I'm sure those with more "sensitive" palates will certainly have plenty of negative things to say while they sip on their caramel-mocha Frappuchino and white hazelnut truffles.

----Effectiveness----
      As a protein based snack, this is effective. 1 bag delivers 15g of protein which is really the only reason I would buy these. There's really not much more to say. You could make a case for reduced effectiveness because the dry texture may turn you off so much that you don't use them, but for me, I went through these pretty damn quick.

----Value----
      These retail for $10.99 for 6 bags, which comes to roughly $1.85 per bag. So that's $1.85 for 15g of protein supplementation - significantly more pricey than the cost of an equal amount of whey. But this product's value is in it's convenience and as such, so is the expense. Compare it to my current snack staple, Quest Chips, which retail for around $2.10 per bag, but deliver 21g of protein in a slightly more palatable form. So again, as a 1:1 protein replacement for say chicken or whey, it's not a great value but compared to other convenience products like protein bars or protein chips, it holds it's own. It's also worth noting that these often go on sale and MyProtein has numerous discount codes so I think it would be rare to have to pay full retail for these.

----Conclusion----
      I'll recommend these. While not the "be-all, end-all" to gourmet protein decadency, it's a decent way for you to keep a bag in the truck or gym bag for those occasions that you need a protein fix. And really, that's the only reason that I would use these. All truffle jokes aside, they really aren't quite palatable enough to keep on hand for everyday use in my opinion.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Convenience Factor Is Quite High
      • Cost Is In-line With Competitors Products
      • Dry Texture
      • Not A Fan Of The Soy
        June 12, 2015

----Introduction----

I love to have easy to use higher protein alternatives on hand for both snacking and convenience. Usually they don't come in cookie form - so I was excited to give this a go. Maybe not within the traditional mold of a high protein supplement because of the robust amount of other macros - perhaps a more "protein conscious" way to snack? And really, this shouldn't be used to make or break your nutritional strategy - more like a better way to sneak a little sin into the hermetic dietary practices that we force upon ourselves. But anyway, this should be a relatively short review since, you know, it's a freaking cookie, not rocket science, lol.

----Ingredient Profile----
      Serving Size: 1 cookie (75g)
      Calories: 320
      Protein: 37.5g
      Fat: 10g
      Carbs: 20g (1g fiber and 7g sugar)

Like many people, my go to protein bar is Quest Nutrition. So right off the bat you'll notice that the calories are twice as much - not a terrible thing in and of itself, but worth noting since these are so delicious, it's literally impossible to settle for eating just half. Not even joking. And even though a Quest bar is close in total weight (60g), the carbs are primarily fiber based isomalto-oligosacchardies which allows the label to cancel out most of the carbs, whereas this uses oat flour as the primary carb. This also has twice the fat and almost twice the protein, although it's worth looking at the protein sources.

The protein comes from milk protein, hydrolyzed gelatin and soy; I'm not a fan of gelatin or soy based proteins and in general, they are not as useful to us as whey. So you've got to consider that when selecting these - now I don't have a huge issue with their inclusion, but I wouldn't use either gelatin or soy on a daily basis as my primary protein. So compare that to Quest, which uses whey protein isolate and milk protein isolate as the primary protein sources.

To me, this fits the bill more as a meal replacement type product instead of a protein bar replacement product. It's a better choice than the typical candy-bar replacement protein bars that you get in the grocery store, for sure. It's also a more natural meal replacement that sports a pretty well balanced macro profile and uses relatively natural ingredients. So there's pluses and minuses on both sides. Perhaps it would be better to approach this for what it really is - and that's a cookie.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
      Like I said, 1 cookie=1 serving. It's is extremely moist and chewy - no surprise there with the higher fat content. And while these are baked, it's not quite the same texture and crunch as a normal cookie - more like (as in exactly like) a flattened and baked version of a Chocolate Quest bar. I had the double chocolate chip flavor and it was extremely chocolaty - exactly the right flavors. (There's no mystery that I burned through this box in record time - 12 cookies in 12 days, lol.) So you have to consider that as well - what good is a protein supplement if you don't look forward to eating it? I loved this. I ate this. I want more of this.

----Effectiveness----
      It's food - no more, no less. Since I loved eating it, I would rate it very effective. And I speculate that it delivered it's nutrients exactly as desired. There's no magic here, no special gainzzzzzz, just a great way to get a bit more protein in a pleasing cookie context. Mission accomplished!

One thing I would disagree with is that these are not really a great way to increase protein in your diet due to the other macros that come along with it. Granted, you do get 37g of protein, but I can get that from a scoop and a half of whey and almost none of the fat or carbs - so just keep that in mind. But if you can alter a meal to include one of these delicious little devils, well, then it's game on Skippy!

----Value----
      These normally sell for $24.99 for 12 cookies. Right now they're on sale for $17.49. Either way, they still are a relatively solid value coming in between $1.50-$2.00 per cookie, which is right in line with the higher quality protein bars that I purchase. Any higher and you're into what I call "YouBar" land where for $3.00 a bar you can get all natural hand made protein bars shipped fresh, which is really hard to beat for quality and effectiveness if price is not an issue. But overall, I think that the ability to fit a little pleasure into your diet and still get decent macros as well as taste and texture is quite high in value beyond the actual cost. I'd have no problem using one of these as my occasional dessert or cheat meal. Plus, these tended to fill me up, so there's also the added value that you may well find yourself eating a bit less due to the high satiety factor - not a trivial thing to consider and way more value than choking down glasses of fiber. (Although this isn't a high fiber snack.)

----Conclusion----
      I think most people can go either way on these - the protein snobs/purists will not give it a go due to the soy and gelatin proteins. The OCD physique audience will never accept the high fat and carbs. But for normal recreational lifters, I think this is a totally acceptable addition to your food choices. Higher protein, great taste and texture, fair price, max convenience. That's a win in my book.
      • Soft And Chewy
      • Nailed The Flavor
      • A Bit Pricey
      • Soy And Gelatin Proteins
        June 4, 2015

----Introduction----

I was sent this along with another product and would not have requested it due to my previous history with PDE5 inhibitors. However, it arrived so I decided to give it a try on several occasions. ProSolution is an herbal alternative to male ED drugs. Please note that I attempted to use these on half a dozen occasions, all with the same consistent side effects - so technically I did not finish the entire box, however, I do feel that the side effects were consistent enough to be able to judge product effectiveness (read below for explanation).

----Ingredient Profile----

Asphaltum - ok, so I was like, wth? Asphalt? But no, this is another name for shilajit, a thivk tar-like substance used in ayurvedic medicine. It is usually very hard (and expensive) to find reputable and quality sources for this. It is a great anti-oxident and anti-inflammatory.

Tribulus Terrestis - ok, "meh" but reportedly great for libido.

Mucuna Puriens - a great source for L-Dopa, although purity is not listed, but I've used it in other products with good effectiveness.

Withania Somnifera (ashwagandha) - common herbal ingredient for blood flow

Curculigo Orchioides - libido

Asparagus Adscendens - increase sperm count

All of these are actually pretty common herbal remedies, although probably not in the same product before. Unfortunately we don't know the real clinical amounts or dosing (although we can compare them to amounts used in studies) , and there probably isn't a consistent baseline to begin with. However,all are listed individually, which is very nice - big plus.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
      I took two tablets a day, with food. Occasionally I would try an additional tablet before sexual activity.

----Effectiveness----
      Based on side effects, which were massive (lol), I've got to rate this as effective. I've always had terrible side effects on any occasion that I've tried PDE5 type inhibitors - may skin becomes quite flushed, I get brutal pressure in my head and I get irregular heart beat. Onset is usually within 30 minutes and that was the case with this. Since this is consistent with attempts to use Viagra, I feel confident that this is certainly not some sugar pill. Seriously, the side effects were exactly to the degree and scale of prescription medication. So while not scientific by any means, form a purely anecdotal perspective, I feel that these have quality ingredients that work equally effective to other more common products on the market.

And this does produce wood - sometimes painfully so. Although again, that's not something I have an issue with so I may not be the best judge on this.

----Value----
      These are available directly from the vendor through a subscription service which drives me absolutely batty. However, it was easier to find pricing for this product - 1 month is $69.95. Packages are available up to 6 months for $299.95, which reduces monthly price down to $49.95. I'm going to rate this a middle of the road value - very similar in pricing to Men's Advantage from Muscle Feast, another effective herbal product. These types of men's products aren't cheap to begin with, especially for the ones that have been proven effective. Since I don't suffer from ED issues, value would be low for me, but for someone with these issues, I wouldn't think that even $70 a month would be a hardship to improve your sex life.

----Side Effects----
      (see above) - skin flushing, headache/head pressure, irregular heart beat.

----Conclusion----
      This one is interesting - since I never actually was able to make an informed decision on it's sexual potency (and frankly it's not an issue for me in the first place), I can only comment on what I perceived the potential to be. So, based on comparisons to other effective products that I've taken, I've got to say that this holds promise. Try it for yourself and decide. I'll rate it as a yes with the caveat only if you have ED issues to begin with.
       Cons:
        • Side Effects
          May 27, 2015

9.5

----Introduction----

What can I say, I'm a pwo junkie so I was excited to give this a try.

----Ingredient Profile----

Others have done a great job of detailing all the ingredients so I'll take a slight detour and just highlight what I think stands out, and without a doubt, it's the energy/focus elements that makes this a stellar choice. LGI has combined multiple stimulant and nootropic type ingredients to provide one of the smoothest, most consistent focus and energy products that I've ever used. I especially like the inclusion of pikatropin, arecoline hydrobromide, alpha-GPC and B-PEA. I've used these all befoire, but together with the stim elements provide a really fantastic energy/focus combo. The stims are based on AMP Citrate, something that I do not typically respond to; however, perhaps the addition of caffeine and the nootropics delivered a totally different, and effective, stim package.
        ----Introduction----
        What can I say, I'm a pwo junkie so I was excited to give this a try.

----Ingredient Profile----

I also like the pump elements. Now, I'm not going to be replacing PES High Volume anytime soon, but the GMS, GPLC and agmatine provide a great NO base to really help get the blood flowing - nothing too flashy and like I said, nothing that approaches other pump-only products, but a very solid addition none the less. And combined with using High Volume as my intra, man, the results were fantastic.

And of course, I can not minimize how great it is to get 100% full disclosure on the label. +++++++++

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
        I received the Tiger's Blood flavor. Most anyone who lives in the south has tried Tiger's Blood at the local fairground - it's a strawberry/fruit punch/coconut flavor that most snow-cone vendors offer. This was exactly what was expected; perhaps a touch too little coconut for my taste, but all good. Mixing resulted in a moderate amount of flakes floating on the top and a minor amount of residue left behind; nothing too terrible.

This is a true 1 scoop pwo. End of story, lol.

----Effectiveness----
        Like I said, this provided the best smooth energy/focus combo that I've ever had - very stable and consistent. It never left me jacked up or jittery not did I develop a tolerance to it at any point during the entire container. In addition, the effects remained constant throughout my entire workout. What else can I say? It's exactly what I turn to a pwo product to get.

----Value----
        Given the top notch ingredients at effective levels, the fact that you can get this for as little as $28.00 is just insane. Seriously, every other pwo vendor needs to take notice at what can be provided at such a reasonable cost. And frankly, I'm hard pressed to think of a reason to justify some of the $2.00+ per serving pwo products when you can get this for under $1.00 per serving (30 true servings per tub.)

----Conclusion----
        This just flat out works. Seriously, I do not need to get overly wordy; just go buy a tub and try it for yourself. I don't think I've ever rated a pwo this high on value and effectiveness before, so believe me, it's worth trying.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • No Proprietary Blend
        • Reputable
        • Excellent Workouts Everytime Without Crash