lava135

• Member has been active for 3 years, and was last online today
  • Linked social media account

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow
Age: 48
Bio: I am allergic to chuckle heads. I believe that the internet has finally shifted out the "bro" and shifted in the "science" into broscience. Today's internet and gyms are populated by a bunch of PubMed warrior fitness gurus and average everyday chuckle heads spouting absolute nonsense based on some specific scientific study without any clue other than the fact that they can read an abstract.

Remember, it's "Do You Even Lift" not "Do You Even Science".

Forum Posts: (5504)

Supplement Logs:

User Activity

----Introduction----
I received this through the ER program and was quite interested since I commonly am using some sort of probiotic product and have a good body of use to compare to.

----Ingredient Profile----
GB includes over 115 strains of probiotics (1 billion cfu), prebiotic (flax seed) and plant derived hypromellose for delayed delivery. In all honesty I have no idea how to rate the ingredient profile except to compare it to similar products. Most other products have more probiotic blend compnents and greater total cfu counts, although many are similar if you look at a per capsule count. But at the end of the day I have no background of experience to really evaluate this label except through actual effectiveness as below.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I loved this - 1 cap a day and done. As a side note, I let my gf use the last 5 caps as an experiment and she got the same results on 1 cap per day that I did - interesting that 1 cap proved equally effective since she weighs 110 and I weigh 260.

----Effectiveness----
I found this to be the most effective digestive aid that I've used to date. All the typical digestive signs were present - more regular bowel movements, no bloating or gas, and overall just a more normal sense of fullness and digestion between meals. While most of this is anecdotal, I do firmly believe that this proved more effective at over-all wellness than other probiotics that seemed to simply flush my system and make me fart alot.

----Value----
This is a difficult rating since it was so effective for me; it sells directly from the vendor for $34.00 for a 30 day bottle. It's more expensive than the Designs for Health or Pure Encapsulations products that I prefer, but it also was more effective. So if an "8" is a great value, I'll rate this just below that - I'd definitely purchase it but I'll certainly whine a little bit at spending a dollar per day, regardless of the fact that I do believe that this has a valuable overall net benefit. But I do think that I was able to eat less and feel fuller which supported my training and overall weight loss goals. I also found myself becoming less random in when I ate, so if that's an effect of this, then great.

----Side Effects----
Typically probiotic side effects: looser and more frequent stool elimination, occasional gas

----Conclusion----
I liked this product alot - it's not sexy but I do think that it helps my body digest (and thus assimilate) nutrients better.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Digestion
  • Improved Regularity
  • Little To No Bloat After Eating
  • Peace Of Mind
  • Limited Availability

• hulkish1
    3 weeks ago

Well i have no idea what your reviewing since the product is not labeled LOL nice review
  • Frankiemusc
    3 weeks ago

What are u reviewing bro?
  • medinacirilo

^^^ what they said!
    3 weeks ago

Hey, I'm at a loss as well. The product is called Equilibrium. But I just noticed that the new site format didn't make that obvious if you don't include the name in the intro. My bad homies.

----Introduction----
I received this via the ER program. What piqued my curiosity was the inclusion of L-Aspartic Acid and GMS - 2 ingredients that aren't all that common in today's pwo market but can help with muscle endurance.

----Ingredient Profile----
There's a whole bunch of stuff in this stuff, lol. Although broken down into sub categories, each ingredient is fully disclosed, so a big plus there.

Performance:
L-Aspartic Acid - 3000 mg

Focus/Pump:
L-Tyrosine - 2500 mg, GMS - 1500mg, Phenylethylamine HCL - 300mg, Red Ginsing - 250 mg

Energy:
Caffeine - 150mg,...

Performance:
L-Aspartic Acid - 3000 mg

Focus/Pump:

Energy:
Caffeine - 150mg, L-Theanine - 100mg, Caffeine co-crystals - 100mg, Denobrium - 100mg

Absorption:
BioPerine - 6mg

Altogether a pretty solid mix that attempts to hit all the major categories. Like I said earlier, the L-Aspartic Acid stood out for me. This is the second product that I've reviewed with the caffeine co-crystals and as before, I find them to provide really solid and smooth longer lasting energy but not much kick on the front side; fortunately the other energy components provide that punch.

It's also got a combination of B vitamins, niacin, folic acid, etc. Personally I'm never quite sure how effective these are in a pwo since most of us should be getting these from overall diet or other supplements, but a nice addition all the same.

But like I said - kudos for full disclosure. In addition, Proccor's website highlights the quality control standards that they use and for me, that's worth a great deal when considering the flood of cheap foreign ingredients that are out there.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
Pretty standard pwo/chemical flavor. I had the sour green apple and it's pretty mild - nothing over the top like Stimul8 or Cellucor green apple and not a big deal for me as pwo flavor is pretty much a non issue. It did mix very smoothly with little to no clumping or residue. Dosing was a single scoop except as noted below.

----Effectiveness----
I found this to be a good all around performer; nothing too flashy in any single aspect but solid and complete and well balanced across the board. I got good energy and alertness (I train at 0530 so that matters) and it never wigged me out or left me feeling jittery. If you're a stim-junkie, then this will probably leave you wanting more - on a few really tough mornings I used a scoop and a half and that did the trick but of course, the value would just plummet if you had to resort to that every time. But for me, it was fine at a single scoop for lasting energy support.

Overall this provided fine support for my training sessions and that's all that I really require from any supplement. And even though a product like S-Line Incite is just way stronger, I actually prefer a more evenly balanced pwo like this for 95% of my training sessions. (The 5% being those mornings that I blame my gf for keeping me up too late the night before, lol.)

Finally, this was extremely consistent from start to finish - something that you don't get with a lot of pwo products as they tend to decrease in effectiveness as you use them. That's another big plus in my book.

----Value----
This sells online for around $37.00, which gives you 30 servings, so over a dollar (like $1.23) per serving at one scoop. I'm going to say that that's a bit high in my opinion, although in the overall picture, if a pwo works for you then I wouldn't sweat the difference. But there are certainly a wide variety of solid pwo products in the sub $30.00 neighborhood so that has to be considered. If this were in that group then this would be a fantastic value; as it is, when considered just on price, it's lower in the value category.

----Conclusion----
This is the first product that I've tried from Proccor and I'm happy with the results. Like most products from newer companies, it's priced a bit high, but it delivered a solid performance and I really like the use of quality, fully disclosed ingredients. (And I can't overemphasize that enough - cheap, low cost products get made with cheap, low-cost ingredients so don't get obsessed with price)

I rate this as a product that I do not hesitate to recommend and would certainly use again myself. Give it a try - I think the results will surprise you.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Endurance
  • Good Focus
  • Very Consistent
  • Very Well Balanced

• PROCCOR
    Rep for this Brand
    4 weeks ago

Thank you for the honest and in-depth review of Pre-Rxâ„¢!

I was glad to hear your feedback on the consistent energy and no jitterness - this was our number 1 goal when we made the formula. PURENERGY® (Caffeine pTeroPure® Co-Crystal) is truly a unique compoundand although it doesn't provide that initial "kick" from standalone caffeine, it provides a host of benefits and allows for a consistent energy every time. Unfortunately, it's a very expensive compound (~50x more than regular caffeine) and the few companies that have it in their products use a dose much lower than we do (which is why Pre-Rx™ is priced slightly higher than most). For reference, theinclusion of the 100mg dose of PURENERGY® we utilize costs almost as much as most competitors' pre-workouts including bottling and labeling.

In addition, we also HPLC/USP/ICP/3RD Party (the Pre-Rx test can be found on our facebook page) and manufacture all of our products in our cGMP, NSF, NSF For Sport, FDA Registered/Inspected, Certified Organic Facility under pharmaceutical grade processing - which again translates to the slightly higher price tag.

Again, thank you for your honest feedback and i'm glad to hear you enjoyedPre-Rxâ„¢!

-Ross
  • eddiev2
    4 weeks ago

How was the non-stim side of things, the focus and pump? Those ingredients seem simple and to the point and I was curious about that.
    4 weeks ago

Eddie - solid focus, however if pump was a priority I would look at something like Athletix High Volume, which is a pure pump product that I'm currently using and love. Muscle Feast Raw is another really good pump pwo that comes to mind as well.
    4 weeks ago

Oops - High volume is now a PES product. lol - my bad.

November 30, 2014

My apologies if I get this new review layout wrong. But at the end of the day I look for a retailer based on price, selection and reliability. And while SSS also carries non-PH supplements, I use them primarily for pro-hormone cycle related purchases, although I occasionally use them for non cycle related products when they have one of their insane intro sales.

----Selection----

----Selection----
I'd say that SSS has one of the most robust selections of pro-hormones and pro-hormone support products out there. I really like that they carry multiple vendors for a single product so that you can really have some flexibility in putting your cycle together at a variety of price points.

----Layout and Ease of Ordering----
Layout is fine - perhaps a bit too complex for me, but it's great for someone who is looking to put together a complete cycle and may not be aware of all the various support supplements to consider. Very nice predictive search feature and I especially like the "top 10" category searches.

----Prices----
Prices are always competitive. I'm not going to sweat a few dollars here and there, so at any given time another site might have something cheaper, but when you add in the product selection and the savings on shipping - it's hard to find a complete cycle for less money elsewhere. And like I mentioned previously, they have intro sales on new products on a regular basis and often times the discounts are up to 60%. They also have regular sales on PH products, so if you're patient, most likely you can get an additional 15% discount on your cycle - which really makes their pricing hard to beat.

----Shipping----
Very fast. Very affordable. Nuff said.

----Service----
SSS really shines in this area. I've had many phone conversations as well as email exchanges and have always been fully satisfied with the responses. And unlike many other PH vendors, these guys aren't out to just sell you product; on my first PH run they actually talked me down to a very simple Halo cycle and it was perhaps one of the best choices I ever made - so 5 stars on helping me keep it simple and keep it affordable. On the single occasion when there was a product issue because of a misprint on a dropper, SSS quickly sent me replacements at no charge - what more can you ask for? Problems will always occur - it's how a company resolves them that really matters.

----Conclusion----
Strong Supplement Shop is a legitimate vendor of quality supplements, especially pro-hormone and cycle related supplements. Prices are always competitive and customer service is second to none. There really isn't anything more that needs to be said. I have zero hesitation in recommending them.

• eddiev2
    December 7, 2014

It's awesome to hear about a company that actually looks out for their customer instead of going for the highest profit. That's what's up and I seriously respect that. I'll be looking to them for my next purchase. Good review man.

Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.