Ultra Peptide Reviews

By: Xtreme Formulations

Protein > Casein Protein
Ultra Peptide is a Casein Protein Powder manufactured by Xtreme Formulations. It utilizes the slowest digesting form of protein. Often used for a time released version of protein, it will help increase muscle recovery and strength.

September 4, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Good
  • Healthy Fats
  • Mixes Easily

I'm a competing powerlifter who is trying to get as big and as lean as possible. The more muscle you have, the more weight you can move. I'm currently rehabbing a back injury, and I'm hoping to compete in November.

This is a blended protein, 51% micellar casein, 49% whey protein isolate (cold filtered).

1 scoop is 184 calories, 18g protein, 9g fat, and 8g carbs (1g fiber, 4g sugar). The protein count is a little low for a protein powder (usually 20-25g), but this product is marketed as a meal replacement vs. just a protein powder, so the added carbs and fat makes sense. The fats are a high quality, EFAs and MCTs.

There's also 280mg calcium, 140mg sodium, 310mg potassium.

This is the best tasting protein powder I've ever had, hands down, not even close. I have gone through the lemon cream pie (10/10) and the butterscotch (9.5/10), and I can't wait to try some more flavors.

They smelled really good. As soon as I opened the tub, I knew I was in for a treat, and they tasted great with milk, with water, in proats, in yogurt. There's no bad way to use this stuff.

The Lemon Cream Pie slightly edged out the Butterscotch for me, but they were both great.

I don't like protein powders that are too sweet (usually from too much artificial sweetener). UP is just sweet enough. They spent two years working on this product to make sure it tasted just right, and it shows.

I usually used 1 scoop with milk when I made a shake. This gave me 31g protein (I use fairlife), and 260 calories, which is a small meal, but works out when I'm cutting. If you want more calories, you could use a higher fat milk (like 2% or whole) or you could blend in some fruit and make a smoothie.

Protein is protein, so as long as the product meets its label claims, then it should be effective provided your macros and diet are suited for your goals. There is some literature to support that blends are a bit more effective than pure whey (or pure casein), but I don't think this matters too much. I usually mix my protein powder in milk or in yogurt anyway, so I always have a blend.

That being said, this stuff tastes so good that I would say that it's more effective than other offerings just for that. I don't see how you could fail to get enough protein if you have a tub of this. If anything, you might go through it too fast.

Why is this stuff so expensive :(. It typically costs $32 a tub, and for 24 scoops, I think that's a lot. In general, blended proteins tend to cost more than just whey, so the price is in line with the market, but ... it's a lot for me.

I did find it on sale for $26, but that was only in 2 flavors (the lemon cream pie and the butter scotch). This is a high quality product, so the price is justified, but ... if this were a bit cheaper, I probably would have a tub in every flavor.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I've seen a lot of products get a lot of hype. This stuff is worth the hype. Pinch some pennies if you have to and try it out.
  • Lemon Cream Pie: 10/10
  • Butterscotch: 9/10

September 3, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Good
  • Doesnt Mix Easy
Hey guys. Got a ton of reviews coming up, I figure ill do one a day until I get through them all, seeing as how I'm new to the board.

Value::8/10 I paid about 25 bones for 2.2 lbs of this product. Not the best, and not the worst either. As always, I reccomend you guys shop at Lockout, there's no worry about anything taking forever to ship or price gouging.

Taste: 9/10 man oh man.... I mixed a scoop of this with my regular post workout shake, consisting.of half a jug of egg whites, a banana, whole milk, and peanut butter, and it was outta this world. When used in a blender you'll have virtually no problems. Can't exactly say the same if you just mix it with water or milk with a spoon, which is the only reap negative about this stuff. IT'S CLUMPY. It's workable, but takes a little skill to get down pat.

Overall: 8/10 I enjoyed this protein, it was a nice change from my regular syntha 6 or O.N. routine. I reccomend this if you blend your shakes, otherwise I'd say check.out something else for on the fly easy mixability. By the way the flavor was cinnamon!