INTRAVENEOUS Reviews

By: XcdNutrition

INTRAVENEOUS is an Amino Acid Product manufactured by XcdNutrition. It is an amino acid based product that doesn't fall directly into the other categories. The use can vary depending on the specific product.

Overall
Overall
7.1
6.9
  May 4, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Recovery
  • Hydration
  • High Amount Of Servings
  • Dyes
  • Chalky Taste
  • Expensive At Multiple Servings

Gilla loves intra stuff. Intra stuff that isn't water. This isn't water. Is it good stuff?

I love intra products that are more than just BCAAs. I love that extra element of hydration. That extra pump. That extra energy. Extra stuff.

Intraveneous has a grab bag of goodies. A single serving hits you with 5 Grams of a 2:1:1 BCAA blend.

In addition to the BCAA staple, you get Hydromax(2G/scoop) and Agmatine(1G/scoop) for the pumpz. What I found odd about this product though, is that other products I've used with HydroMax such as Noxygen, have been "clumpy" prior to hitting the water. This product did not have even a hint of clumpiness? That sort of made me think, Hmmmmmm.

Another goodie is coconut water extract for added hydration elements. Between Hydromax and Coconut water extract, you should be nice and hydrated while running this product.

I received the "Blue Raspberry Spider", sadly "Banana Blowfish", "Tropical Three-Toed Sloth" and "Popcorn Porcupine" were not options. I wasn't sure what ground up spiders tasted like before this and it appears they add a chemically kick to cliche Blue Raspberry flavored supplements. It tasted quite artificial, but that's okay because well, Raspberries have never been blue anyway, so why not make it taste fake? As Kalans said, the texture was "chalky" and mixed as such. It also stained EVERYTHING if you happen to spill it places. I spilled some on the gym floor, within about 15 minutes it dried up and a huge white stain on the floor. It also stayed on the floor for about a week and a half. I spilled some on the marble in the locker room, BAM crime scene chalk stain everywhere. I don't know if that's a testament to how incredibly tidy my gym isn't or what this stuff does to your body, but that's STRONNNNNNGGGGG.

It was a bit gritty when mixed as Kalans said I think.

I dosed this two scoops each time, in search of the pumpz.

Pumps: With two grams of agmatine and four grams of HydroMax I was expecting some Rickie Piano 5%-esque chest/arms going on. No matter how I dosed this, my first workout during my pumpier sessions or my second workout which doesn't get that meat juiced up as much...I didn't get impressive pump results. There was no intra-set impressive swole action.

Recovery/Endurance: This is where I found this product shined pretty well. I found that during a workout, I felt refreshed and wanted to keep lifting. There was an element with each workout that helped with soreness. This is usually hard to gauge, but I could feel a definite improvement intra-workout in this regard. Next day soreness was also improved to a "noticable" degree. That's sort of one of the goals for a BCAA product, so well done in that regard.

Hydration: The element that's most important to my focus...this product did surprisingly well. Normally, I find more chemically tasting products to be more "chug" esque products for me, but this one was a "sipper". Nearly all workouts, I would be left with a little left at the end of my workout, which I would finish on my way out to the car, the perfect amount for me over the course of a workout.

Say What?: I didn't get pump dumpz when running this product, which I found weird since there is supposedly 2Grams of Agmatine, in addition to the amounts of agmatine in my PWO that I'd use from time to time....while this is "good", that I didn't get this benefit, I sort of question the purity of the Agmatine, not to mention the lack of clumpiness...makes me a bit curious...

Distribution for the Aussies seems to be the problem, I could only find the product direct for $50 for 50 servings. A dollar a scoop isn't awful, given that there are "goodies" involve. If you double scoop it, $2 while getting lackluster pumps is quite a stretch.

Side Effects

Conclusion

XCD enters the 'Murrican Meathead Market with a solid offering of Intra goodies that is pretty effective for being more than just a BCAA product. It excelled in the areas that I love in an intra, but the lack of pumps, when I should have been getting SKIN SPLITTING 'SPLOSION stuff going on makes you sort of go hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

April 26, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Pump
  • Great Hydration
  • Great Recovery
  • Transparent Label
  • Solid Profile
  • High Amount Of Servings
  • Dyes
  • Chalky Taste
  • Expensive At Multiple Servings
Introduction + Supplement Facts
Oh boy was I excited when I saw this come up on SR, being I had previously reached out XCD but never heard anything. This product is simply something to get excited about! Clinical dosages at one serving, solid dosages of the other ingredients, and 50 servings to top it off! So in the 11.5g scoop you get: 5g 2:1:1 BCAA's Clinical dosage, 2g HydroMax Patented form of Glycerol which is more consistent and effective, 1g Agmatine Sulfate, 1g Coconut powder which accounts for the more chalky taste, and 5mg Bioperine Patented as well! This is a solid profile for a pump product, with the only thing really missing being Citrulline/Mallate, but in the nature of the game it is meant to be stacked with their Pre Workout VIPre. Transparent Label, Patented Ingredients, Clinical Dosages, Solid Dosages, and 50 servings which means I am in love!

Taste + Mixability + Dosing
The flavor I requested and received (which is always appreciated!) was BlueRaspberry Spider, chalky chalk chalk! I am going to assume that the chalky texture and grit sticking to my teeth is due to the mass of ingredients or most notably the coconut powder.. Previously I reviewed Focus XT, which is the EXACT taste and texture.. same manufacturer? Well the flavor was good, not the typical Blue Raspberry flavor I am accustomed to but good enough to get it down. Mixability was more of a suspension of liquid, which did settle so you need to swirl and shake in between sips etc. Not an issue, and don't try taking a scoop to the dome because it sticks all to your teeth! Dosing for me was 1-2 scoops intra or post, but on a couple occasions I did try it alone as a Pre Workout as one and two scoops. In addition to those dosing standards I did take this at work or on my off days for recovery as needed. Lastly I want to note that none of this above (taste + mixability) affects the review scoring just FYI, while dosing might impact it via the value rating.

Effectiveness 8.4/10
Let me start off by saying this is more formulated as a pump product, or intra and was not very effective as a Pre Workout.. I gave it an honest try at 1 scoop and 2 scoops Pre Workout, where it wasn't well suited as a stand alone Pre Workout.. Of course that would be an additional benefit, where I would purchase this product as a pump support product. I did take it with a Pre Workout before training on several occasions, which it certainly was effective in that sense. In pumps alone it was effective, but by how much? It was a good pump, but I know how well my body works with Citrulline and it wasn't as effective as a 8g dose of CM. It was a surprise and bit of a disappointment in this regard, because the Hydromax + Agmatine should have been an effective combo yet at 1 scoop it wasn't what I had expected. Give it up to the two scoops, because the pump was more on point for this dosage! However when I did take this as an intra with a product that had similar ingredients it did perform excellent at 1 scoop. Hydration was excellent, hell if not spectacular due to the 1g coconut powder! And at two scoops it was somewhat better, but wasn't warranted for the 2 scoops. Endurance + Energy is an aspect that is tied to the overall synergistic effects for this profile, which was good at keeping you going for the workout. Recovery is the main reason that I wanted this product, so surely it was going to be the most effective aspect? Fortunately this did deliver completely in this regard, where DOMS were diminished and overall recovery felt more enhanced compared to not taking a recovery supplement/aid.

Value 7.2/10
So this product is new, as is the brand which means their products aren't found everywhere. With that in mind it could have a better value as the price lowers being sold on other sites besides their own.. You can purchase this directly from them for $50 with 50 servings, giving you are cost per serving of $1. I believe this is an excellent value if 1 serving works perfect for you, but based upon your needs and desire of this product working for you 2 servings may be required making it $2 per serving and too expensive. If you use this as a stack with a Pre Workout, it certainly would be great as 1 scoop.

Overall Conclusion 7.8/10
I was excited when I was deciding to claim this mission, while it wasn't all that I had hoped it to be I was still left satisfied. While it worked great in some areas it could be improved upon on others, mainly in the terms of a pump by the addition of the ever growing popular L-Citrulline at 4g. I feel the dosing on this product is far better than some on the market, and being an open profile looks very attractive. Bottom line, it worked and I would be glad to recommend it. I want to say thank you to XCD for allowing us troopers a chance to try and review your line of products, best wishes.
  • BlueRaspberry Spider: 6/10

April 19, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Hydration
  • Pumps
  • Recovery

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
    Introduction + Supplement facts
    Huge thank you XCD Nutrition for their support of the SR Troop program. When XCD put intravenous up for the troops I had to check it out. Intravenous can be used two ways one as a non-stim pre workout or as an intra workout.
    The supplement facts vary depending on the dosing. So pretty much intravenous has 50 servings, but if you are an advanced user it only has 25 servings. So the BCAA ratio will depended on how many servings you are taking. If you are taking just 1 serving then it will be a 2:1:1 but at 2 scoops it will be a 4:2:2 ratio. Hydromax glycerol at 65% is 2g or 4g. Agmatine sulfate 1g or 2g. Then you have coconut water extract 1g which is more than enough or you can get really crazy and have 2g.

Taste + Mixability + Dosing
    You can really taste the coconut water extract. You get that gritty taste on your teeth it really reminds me of all day you may in regards to the coconut water. Which for me really was not an issue but I'm sure someone out there will complain about it. Mixing was pretty easy no major issues just put a scoop or 2 in a shaker cup and you will be ready to go. Dosing is 1 to 2 scoops depending on what level you're at a mix it with 250 to 400ml of water 20mins prior to your workout.

Effectiveness 8.5/10
    This is one of the reason why I enjoy doing product reviews for SR because intravenous would have never been purchased otherwise. This really made a great impact with my workouts. The coconut water really makes a difference when it comes to hydration. My gym has zero A/C which is one of many reason why I train there. But when it's really muggy inside even after they have opened doors, the extra hydration helps. Most companies just put 500mg of agmatine sulfate but it was really nice to see XCD put 1g at one serving a 2g with 2 servings. It was pump city during my workout plus it add in the hydromax made it even more effective. In regards to DOMS this product really speed up the recovery time with my muscles in-between my workouts and I was ready to go by my next lift.

Value 8.4/10
    The only place right now that sales intravenous is on the XCD website which sales for 49.99 for 50 servings which would be 99 cents a serving or a 1.99 for 2 servings.

Side effects
    Other then bring hydrated there were zero side effects.
    Conclusion
    This a great product to have for your intra-workout aid. I would have never purchased this if it wasn't for doing a review for the product. This is something that I will be buying again in the future. Great product love the stuff.
    • Blue raspberry spider: 10/10

6.9
      April 16, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Recovery
    • Pumps
    • Hydration

Hey SR, here again today to do a review for XCD Nutrition's IntraVenous. XCD is a company based in Australia but does have their products manufactured in the U.S. For sale. This is advertised as a non stim preworkout or intraworkout and I was excited to give this a try as good intras are a staple of my stacks for increased recovery, endurance, hydration, and pump. This, I can say, delivered in a great way for most of what I'm looking for.

Supplement facts are attached, and it is a very simple profile, but fully disclosed which is a major plus. I do really like this profile and here's why: versatility and effective doses. This comes with a profile for regular or advanced servings. One scoops provides BCAAs in a 2.5/1.25/1.25 ratio for recovery, 2 g of hydromax, 1 g of agmatine for pumps, and 1 g of coconut water for hydration, throw in some bioperine for absorption. At one scoop, this is highly competitive in terms of other intras on the market for BCAAs, pumps, and hydration. At one scoop, you receive 50 servings. At the advanced serving however, 2 scoops, double everything and the doses are in the VERY effective range. 10 grams of of BCAAS ( 5 g leucine), 4g hydromax and 2 g of agmatine is also very nice and plenty of coconut water to keep you hydrated, and still has 25 servings.At the two scoop level the doses arplaying definitely legit, but provides you the flexibility to use just one as the doses are still pretty good and can combine with a pre to enhance. Some things maybe are missing would be some endurance ingredients like beta alanine or some eaas that could aid in recovery as well. I give high marks to this profile.

I received pineapple melon flavor, and it was very good. Very light and refreshing. Tasted like a very light tropical drink and enjoyable to drink.

The powder was VERY fine, mixed very well, although there was some foaming from the leucine, especially at 2 scoops.

For dosing, I never used this as a preworkout, always as an intra or for extra recovery on off days. You can take this anytime you'd like really, it's a pump/bcaa product, easy.

Recovery: On workout days I took 2 scoops, and it noticeably decreased my DOMS. DOMS lasted basically only for a day, even after some pretty strenuous workouts. It didn't kill my DOMS as much as Intrablast did, but was on par with AminoIV, and those are my favorite intras.

Pump: With two scoops on workout days, combined with pre workouts that have pump ingredients as well, my pumps were the best I've ever had. I even got a nice little pump at one scoop on non workout days. I do respond much better to hydromax and agmatine for pumps rather than citrulline, so this worked great for me. I think most will be like me and combine with a pre, so the pumps should be there very consistently and at a high level.

Hydration: I was a little concerned as this doesn't contain electrolytes and just coconut water, but I took this while cutting and doing lots of cardio and high rep workouts and this kept me feeling hydrated during the whole time. Hydration was fine.

Overall, this worked incredibly well for me in terms of recovery, pumps, and hydration.

A little tricky here. The only place I could find this to buy is their own website, at $50. At one scoop, it's a $1 a serving and is quite a nice value. If you took this at two scoops it'd be a $2 a serving value, which is VERY expensive. Since I took it two on workout days and one non workout days it lasted me a little over a month and the value would be pretty in the middle as well. I don't mind paying for great results, and using it how I used it I would purchase this again. They do have a 20% off US launch sale right now, and free shipping over $100 so you can increase the value there. I'd like to try their thermogenic and preworkout as well.

Side Effects

Some foaming, but no stomach issues at all.

Conclusion

Loved it. One of the top intras I've had, especially in terms of pumps. I hope this company grows and distributes more as if the price goes down it would get even better.