7.1

(Better than 18% in Joint Support)

CBD+ COOL STICK is a Joint Support Product manufactured by Wildflower. It is designed to improve and maintain the health of cartilage, tendons and joints in the body.

April 22, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Joint And Muscle Relief
  • Strong Cooling
  • Calming Sensation
  • Easy Application
  • Strong Smell
  • Application Residue
  • Possible Sticker Shock

CBD products are all the rage right now. Should this one be included in the discussion?

Hello all. Full intro about myself can be found here in the forum: https://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=35432.0

First, thank you to Wildflower for participating here with the TROOP program to allow me to try and review this CBD+ Cool Stick. Having lived in the state of California where marijuana and CBD has been legal medically for many years and recreationally within the past year, I was somewhat already aware of CBD products, their intended uses and effects. The Cool Stick was my first experience with any CBD product personally, although members of my family have been using CBD products for quite a while. I decided to review this item because of nagging aches and pains from increased activity from my job and the gym while trying to lose weight. Let's see how this goes shall we?

The main active ingredient in this product is the 300mg of CBD (Cannabis plant extract). For those unaware, products containing CBD are not measured in servings or ounces but by how many milligrams of CBD the entire product contains. I am not sure if there is a way to test that a product actually contains the specified amount of CBD. The trust is left up to each individual and the reputation of the company that produces it. Luckily for us, Wildflower says that "All Wildflower CBD products have been rigorously third party laboratory tested for content and safety, so you can be sure you're getting only the very best products made to the highest ethical and safety standards. Certified lab tests are available upon request. Wildflower goes above and beyond so that you can be content in the knowledge that we never compromise on safety or quality. Our plants and topical ingredients are all certified organic, non-GMO, and have never come into contact with synthetic fertilizers, pesticides or herbicides."

The other ingredients include coconut oil, hemp oil, shea butter, beeswax, ecosoya, vitamin E, Arnica, CBD oil, peppermint essential oil and menthol crystals. These are what allows the product to become its stick form and also gives the stick its smell and cooling sensation that I will discuss later. The amount of these ingredients is not listed on the container and since they are not really the active ingredients, I am ok with that.

Per Wildflower's information, CBD is known to be a powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and antioxidant agent. We use only the premium parts of the cannabis plant and a superior C02 extraction method to bring you the purest flavor and terpene profile possible.

There is nothing to report for taste and mixability on this product. Dosing/application is left up to the user. You apply the stick to whichever parts of your body that is currently in pain and allow it to take effect. I do not believe you can over-dose this product but there are probably only certain parts of your body that you will want to apply this product to. One swipe of the stick provides a nice layer of product on your skin, whether there is hair in that location or not. I personally used it on parts of my body that do and do not have hair, and there was no issue with either.

For the effectiveness section, let me first start out by saying I did not know what to expect since this is the first CBD product that I have used. I initially decided to start using the product on my right lower leg. Last year I got an infection that started in that area that ended up putting me in the hospital for a few days for IV treatment. Since that time, that part of my leg has felt a little different than before and seems to feel more strain quicker than my left leg. This difference is especially felt during activity such as walking on a treadmill or just everyday walking for a long period of time. My first application was after a LISS cardio session. That part of the leg was hurting as it normally does and I applied the Cool Stick from below the calf to the ankle on all sides. I noticed an immediate cooling sensation and about five to seven minutes later the pain started to dissipate. Shortly after that, I decided to sit down and that caused the rest of the pain to disappear. The pain free feeling stayed with me for the rest of the day; even with the additional walking as part of my normal day. I also tried applying the stick to my leg before cardio sessions and it stopped the pain from ever occurring. My ideal application was before cardio but sometimes I would forget and use it after. Luckily the effects did not take too long to start relieving the pain. I continued to use the stick on this part of my body for the remainder of the trial.

The second way I used the Cool Stick was on my lower back after weight lifting. Typically, my back day in the gym is my most difficult and I am usually feeling the DOMS the next morning. What I did with the CBD Cool Stick is apply it to my lower back before going to bed. Each time I did this, I was able to wake up the next morning with far less muscle soreness in my lower back. It did not remove all the DOMS but probably a good 90% or so. This made those mornings much more productive and allowed me to recover faster for my next workout. My lower back was the only other part of the body I used the Cool Stick on because I typically do not have DOMS after any other workout.

As a side note and secondary effectiveness of this product for me, the aroma from the menthol and peppermint oil put me in a calm and relaxed mood. Some other reviews have mentioned the aroma being overpowering but I enjoyed it and it added a second level of effectiveness for me. Think of Vicks Vapor Rub when you have chest congestion. The aroma gave me the same feeling even though I was not congested and it was relaxing in my case, even during LISS cardio.

This is the section where most of the previous reviews have had an issue and presumably took some points off the rating. Coming from a state that has had marijuana and CBD products around for quite a while, the price tag is a little bit less of a concern to me. Going to a dispensary in my area and purchasing just a few CBD products will likely set you back at least $150 or more by the time all the taxes get added on. The standard retail price for this product at most website is $60 but after some Google searching, I was able to find a site (https://alchemistcbd.com/products/wildflower-cbd-cool-stick) listing this product for $48 (a 20% discount from the price we typically see). In the end, is it more expensive than multiple tubes of Bengay or Tiger Balm, yes but this is a more natural option and personally more effective in my experience.

Side Effects

Possible side effects include the strong smell of menthol and peppermint being with you for some time after application. Personally, I did not mind this but it may be a turn off to some. Second is the residue that transfers from the application site to anything else that it touches (ie: clothing or furniture). Be cautious of any clothing you put on after applying this product as it will stick and possibly stain.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I had a great experience with this product and would recommend it to anyone who wants a more natural pain reliever and/or other traditional products on the market have not worked for them. Alternative medicine like this product and the sticker shock may cause some people to move past this option but I would advise them to reconsider and think about how much being pain free is worth to them.

Thank you for reading my review and let me know if you have any questions.

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

March 4, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Joint And Muscle Relief
  • Strong Cooling
  • Different Kind Of Relief

A special thanks to Wildflower for their continued participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experience with their topical CBD-infused pain reliever product. More specifically, a topical analgesic product that is CBD based. I explained in previous reviews of joint support products that I don't suffer from chronic joint pain or stiffness nor do I often get any kind of severe pain in my muscles. However, like all those who pound away at the iron on a regular routine basis, I do get occasional aches and pains in the joints and significant muscle soreness as a result of the exertion. I've rarely ever used topical based pain relieving products so the CBD Cool Stick by Wildflower was an interesting opportunity.

As explained by both myself and previous reviewers of both this product and other Wildflower products, CBD stands for cannabidiol hemp oil. It is considered one of the major phytocannabinoids amongst numerous others found in cannabis. It has been demonstrated to have benefits including anti-inflammatory, induction of wakefulness, anti-anxiety effects, and a few other benefits.

In the case of Cool Stick, we're mostly concerned with it's anti-inflammatory benefits.

Cool Stick contains a total of 300mg of CBD. How much CBD you actually apply with each application is unknown.

Cool Stick also contains a combination of coconut oil, hemp oil, shea butter, beeswax, ecosoya, vitamin E, Arnica, CBD oil, peppermint essential oil, and menthol crystals. The peppermint oil and menthol crystals I can imagine help to intensify the cooling sensation and help promote further comfort.

Application

The applicaiton is pretty straightforward. You'd apply vigoruously to anywhere you have aches and pains. For me, I applied this mostly to my knees, elbows, lower back, shoulders, quads, and back of my neck.

I truly enjoyed the pain relieving coolness and anti-inflammatory benefits that Cool Stick had to offer.

The occasional aches and pains I had in my knees and elbows were well relieved upon application and they were significantly reduced as well. I didn't have any nagging pains going into my following workouts and felt a more comfortable and smooth range of motion on all of my exercise movement.

Cool Stick also helped relieve excessive soreness in my heavily emphasized muscle groups following training. When I say heavily emphasized, I mean the groups that take a more frequent beating due to my training routine. These areas include my lower back, quads, shoulders, and the rear aspect of my traps. The application of Cool stick gave me a very good relieving effect and also helped the muscles recovery somewhat faster as part of the anti-inflammatory effect I would guess. Like my joints, I didn't have any nagging pains that would follow me into future workouts and I was able to train more comfortably under increased range of motion on all exercise movements.

This is where the product takes a significant hit in scoring. Currently, the retail price is 60 dollars for Cool Stick. That price is dramatically high and something that would probably discourage potential buyers. I understand that the heightened price is most likely due to regulations and governing bodies pertaining to the use of CBD. Still, the price is quite high despite the efficacy of Cool Stick. I'd say, you'll definitely want to be on the lookout for sales and deals.

Side Effects

Conclusion

The price tag is sure to be a pain in your wallet, but overall, Cool Stick is a very effective way to relieve the aches and pains one may get in joints and muscles from whether it'd be form training or life demands. Apply well and experience the coolness and anti inflammatory goodness of essential oils and CBD.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO BRUINS!!!

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

February 20, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Joint And Muscle Relief
  • Different Kind Of Relief
  • Strong Cooling
  • Strong Smell

What's up SR- BCTut here, wrapping up my Tour de CBDs from Wildflower's product line. As it is with (I'd assume) anyone that has been working in the weight room for 15+ years or was competitive in their sport at a relatively high level, I have daily pains that flare up from time to time... or never go away. For me, my shoulders are always suspect along with my left knee and lower back. I had a few minor injuries while using this, so I guess the silver lining to that was that I really got to put it to the test.

The active ingredient in Wildflower's CBD+ Cool Stick are the CBDs themselves. The product contains 300mg of CBD total, but also contains coconut oil, hemp oil, shea butter, beeswax, ecosoya (soy wax), Vitamin E, CBD oil, Peppermint essential oil, and menthol crystals.

Through this type of application, CBD should have an anti-inflammatory effect locally-- only around the area where it's applied. In other applications like ingesting the oil through pills or on food, or by smoking or vaporizing the plant or a liquid/oil, you should notice a more liberal effect throughout the body.

I wouldn't recommend tasting OR mixing this. It's not food and it won't dissolve. I didn't try... but just a hunch. I suppose you could eat it when looking at the ingredients... but you could probably eat a lot of things you don't want to.

As for dosing, the effects are very quick and just get better as you workout. I'd usually apply this to problem areas before I worked out and started my warm-up. They usually hurt already anyway. There were plenty of times though that I noticed pains mid-workout and applied it while I was already sweating too. Besides just being kind of gross feeling to rub wax on yourself while you're all sweaty, I didn't notice any change in the effectiveness through either method. However, applying to hot skin did seem to use significantly more of the wax then applying to when cool.

This is applied just like deodorant basically. It has a very strong, very long lasting cooling sensation. What it does not have is a heat component to it. I was able to apply this to my hip flexor with no issue. If you've ever done that with Icy Hot... I'm sure you regretted it. This wasn't uncomfortable at all.

The scent is so strong that it will sting your eyes a bit though. It either fades after a few minutes or you get acclimated, but it's definitely going to cause some eye watering if you apply it high up close to your head.

After applying you will be pretty greasy around the area. It takes quite a while to absorb and there will be a film until you shower off that isn't really bothersome, but is noticeable. I didn't have any issue with it transferring to my clothes either.

The Cool Stick was really effective at taking the edge off of reoccurring pain areas. At no point would the pain be gone entirely, but I never had to worry about my lift being cut short due to soreness. I definitely overwork my lower back with the way I lift, as well as my shoulders, so that's where I used this the most.

The occasions in which I forgot to apply the cool stick at first are probably the best indicators of its effectiveness since I got to see immediate before/after effects from one set to the next. One of the exercises I've been doing a lot of lately are hip hinges with kettlebells and a band around my waist that's anchored low on a rack behind me. One day I was doing these and really struggled on the first set with pain that was around a 6 out of 10. I did a set of 5 or 6, then remembered I had my cool stick on me. I went and applied it, waited maybe a minute, and hit my next set with the same weights. While I could still feel that there was some soreness, it was totally night and day when it came to the movement itself. I was able to shift my focus back to establishing the mind muscle connection instead of being distracted by pain; and the pain itself dropped to about a 3 or 4 out of 10. I was then able to go on to doing 3 sets of 15 reps on the same weight, then increased it for 2 more sets of 15 again. It was no problem, pain-wise, after applying the cool stick.

Another exercise I've been doing a lot of lately are hanging ab workouts like windshield wipers on the bar, or just straight leg raises, and these always cause me some shoulder pain that feels very deep an achy. More often than not, if I bail on this workout it's because of my shoulders and not because I've tired out my core. One day I had the same thing-- probably 7 of 10 pain on my first set during a warm up. I applied the cool stick, waited a minute, and did my next set. I was then able to continue with a circuit of various hanging core lifts with almost no shoulder pain until my grip started to fail. It seemed that the cool stick was particularly effective at combating the shoulder pain.

The last place I tried to use this was on my sprained AC joint, thanks to my way-too-serious flag football league. It distracted me, but when I tried to engage on the line while playing defense, I quickly saw the limits of this product. Who's seen The Program? Cool Stick reinforces that part where they say if you're hurt you can play; if you're injured you can't. My AC joint is an injury (albeit minor) and the Cool Stick isn't going to help me with that.

Last thing... I was curious about the bio-availability of trans-dermal CBD application. I found this: "Measurement of plasma CBD concentration provided by transdermal absorption revealed linearity with 0.6-6.2 mg/day doses. Transdermal CBD gel significantly reduced joint swelling, limb posture scores as a rating of spontaneous pain, immune cell infiltration and thickening of the synovial membrane in a dose-dependent manner." (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4851925/) With Cool Stick you'll likely be getting about 1.5-2mg per application, depending on how heavily you apply it.

So Cool Stick gets a ding here, but it's worth mentioning the high price tag is the result of (unnecessary) government regulations on the cannabis/hemp industry as opposed to Wildflower being greedy. In order to be legally allowed to ship their product across state lines Wildflower needs to order their active ingredients from Europe. Domestically grown hemp/cannabis can't cross state lines.

The CBD+ Cool Stick costs about $60 and is currently only available on Wildflower's website. As steep as that price tag is, I'm actually writing this review early and haven't even come close to finishing. I've been using the product liberally & generously for 40 days and it's not even 50% gone. So while you might be shelling out significantly more money than you'd pay for similar products: a) It will last you a long time; and, b) There really aren't any true comps out there to look at it CBD v. CBD.

If you can afford it- buy it.

Side Effects

Eye watering aroma if applied to heavily or close to the head, and some invisible but greasy-feeling residue on the application site.

Conclusion

If this product is in your budget and you have nagging pains that could use a little bit of help, try this. If you already use something like bengay, icy hot, or tiger balm regularly I bet you'll be impressed with the anti-inflammatory effects of the CBDs. Other than that, I guess just vote for changes to the policies on cannabis whenever you have a chance to and hope that manufacturing can be moved stateside to make this more affordable someday soon. Thanks to Wildflower for not only letting me try almost all of their product line, but for pioneering something long overdue for consumers.

January 26, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Joint And Muscle Relief
  • Strong Cooling
  • Strong Smell

First and foremost I would like to thank Wildflower for sending me out their product so I could try it and review it for you guys. I would also like to thank SR for providing me the opportunity and the tools so that I can share with you guys my experience.

I'm a 40 year old male who goes out to the gym minimum 4 times a week. I try to do heavy lifting so that my muscles can grow and in return I can boost around my mighty physique (haha) ... In doing such my joints are screaming and aching that I'm being foolish for my old age ... So I try to do what any other sane old fool would do ... I get supplements to shut them up (haha) ... I noticed this little gadget and I said to myself get it ... it might be better than your stupid smelly Bengay ...

Contains: 300mg of CBD and some other rubbish ...

Applying CBD Oil positively affects the endocannabinoid system(fancy word for something that you body does to level it back to normal), CBD has been the focus of more than 23,000 published studies about cannabinoids in relation to various medical indications including anxiety, epilepsy, inflammation, cancer and chronic pain to name few.

Please don't eat this ... you just apply it to an area you feel like you want to have relief from inflammation ... meaning just put it on your aching joints ...

So I wanted this to be better than Bengay ... I was actually hoping for a small miracle, but unfortunately it didn't come ... It did cool me for way longer than Bengay did, that is for sure, but I don't think it was anything miraculous. I would personally say that it doubled the time of effect than Bengay cold therapy could which I was using prior. Another plus is that the smell is different from Bengay so you don't have to feel like a retiree (no offense) ... The smell to me wasn't in anyway offensive. The applied area tends to get oily so you might want to wait a few before putting on clothes on that area ...

So simply I'm going to compare this to what I compared it with in effectiveness ... I get one stick that has I dunno how many uses ... let's say 30 ... for 50$ ... so in order to match the effectiveness I would have to buy twice the Bengay ... so for 3 pack of 4oz tubes I would pay 31$ and probably have a little more use than 60 applications ... you be the judge ...

Side Effects

Oil and fragrance that might not be pleasant to all .. Don't apply this in your private area ... I haven't tried but I hear it's not good.

Conclusion

This review is short because to me there is not much to talk about ... I like the part about the chronic pain but I would probably have to use this A LOT more often to see if this could relieve me of my chronic pain that I had in my foot for years ... It's just to expensive for the effectiveness I received ... Thank you for reading this and wish you keep those joints lubricated ...

December 24, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Joint And Muscle Relief
  • Different Kind Of Relief
  • Strong Smell

So this Wildflower company makes this new type of muscle rub, but it's .... something a bit different than what I am used to. Now being my age and having played my share of basketball and heavy lifting over the year's I suffer from pretty severe joint pain and muscle pain at time's . So I use some muscle ointment's rather often. Seeing this one as a bit different than the typical Menthol type I use. I really wanted to give this a go.

300mg of CBD ( Cannabis plant extract )
Coconut oil, hemp oil, shea butter, beeswax, ecosoya, vitamin E, Arnica, CBD oil, peppermint essential oil, menthol crystals
This contain's zero THC.
That was actually something I asked a rep about before trying this. I am a CDL driver and I can't take a chance on something like that coming back on me. So that was a plus , seeing this was not going to happen and having a rep confirm that for me.

Just rub it on. Does not get any easier.

WOW. This stuff is interesting. It does not feel like the other's I have used. This has really long lasting cool feeling to it. Not really numbing, but I guess I would say, relaxing. It really does seem to last much longer than other's I have used like the absorbine liniment, or tiger balm. Those seem to work like heat and cool feeling, this is more like a cooling sensation.
I used this every morning at work and it would still be cooling my knee's at lunch time. So that is much longer than the other's lasted. But it does seem to stick to your pants some, Kinda makes them tacky feeling.
It has this strong but pleasant smell to it also. My wife like's the way it smells. I can take it but after a while I am kinda over it. The peppermint oil is what you are smelling for the most part. I does have a nice feel to as well. It has the beeswax and shea butter in it and you can certainly feel it them.
I really enjoyed using this and hated running out of it.

Dang they killed it here. This stuff really was awesome but seeing the price at 60 buck's I can not even think of getting that , I can get a bottle of my absorbine from tractor supply for 12 buck's and that bottle last's forever.
I would love to one day see this at a store for a much lower price than 60 bucks. I would possible consider it at 30 bucks but I can not justify the price now.

Side Effects

sticky pants , kinda strong smell

Conclusion

I really think they have a solid product here. I really , really liked this. But until the price falls on this I can not really push someone toward's this.
Thank you so much for letting me give this a go. I truly this think product is wonderful. But I would like to see the smell dialed down a bit and the price brought down some.