6.9

(Better than 15% in Joint Support)

CBD+ COOL STICK is a Joint Support Product manufactured by Wildflower. It is designed to improve and maintain the health of cartilage, tendons and joints in the body.

February 20, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Joint And Muscle Relief
  • Different Kind Of Relief
  • Strong Cooling
  • Strong Smell

What's up SR- BCTut here, wrapping up my Tour de CBDs from Wildflower's product line. As it is with (I'd assume) anyone that has been working in the weight room for 15+ years or was competitive in their sport at a relatively high level, I have daily pains that flare up from time to time... or never go away. For me, my shoulders are always suspect along with my left knee and lower back. I had a few minor injuries while using this, so I guess the silver lining to that was that I really got to put it to the test.

The active ingredient in Wildflower's CBD+ Cool Stick are the CBDs themselves. The product contains 300mg of CBD total, but also contains coconut oil, hemp oil, shea butter, beeswax, ecosoya (soy wax), Vitamin E, CBD oil, Peppermint essential oil, and menthol crystals.

Through this type of application, CBD should have an anti-inflammatory effect locally-- only around the area where it's applied. In other applications like ingesting the oil through pills or on food, or by smoking or vaporizing the plant or a liquid/oil, you should notice a more liberal effect throughout the body.

I wouldn't recommend tasting OR mixing this. It's not food and it won't dissolve. I didn't try... but just a hunch. I suppose you could eat it when looking at the ingredients... but you could probably eat a lot of things you don't want to.

As for dosing, the effects are very quick and just get better as you workout. I'd usually apply this to problem areas before I worked out and started my warm-up. They usually hurt already anyway. There were plenty of times though that I noticed pains mid-workout and applied it while I was already sweating too. Besides just being kind of gross feeling to rub wax on yourself while you're all sweaty, I didn't notice any change in the effectiveness through either method. However, applying to hot skin did seem to use significantly more of the wax then applying to when cool.

This is applied just like deodorant basically. It has a very strong, very long lasting cooling sensation. What it does not have is a heat component to it. I was able to apply this to my hip flexor with no issue. If you've ever done that with Icy Hot... I'm sure you regretted it. This wasn't uncomfortable at all.

The scent is so strong that it will sting your eyes a bit though. It either fades after a few minutes or you get acclimated, but it's definitely going to cause some eye watering if you apply it high up close to your head.

After applying you will be pretty greasy around the area. It takes quite a while to absorb and there will be a film until you shower off that isn't really bothersome, but is noticeable. I didn't have any issue with it transferring to my clothes either.

The Cool Stick was really effective at taking the edge off of reoccurring pain areas. At no point would the pain be gone entirely, but I never had to worry about my lift being cut short due to soreness. I definitely overwork my lower back with the way I lift, as well as my shoulders, so that's where I used this the most.

The occasions in which I forgot to apply the cool stick at first are probably the best indicators of its effectiveness since I got to see immediate before/after effects from one set to the next. One of the exercises I've been doing a lot of lately are hip hinges with kettlebells and a band around my waist that's anchored low on a rack behind me. One day I was doing these and really struggled on the first set with pain that was around a 6 out of 10. I did a set of 5 or 6, then remembered I had my cool stick on me. I went and applied it, waited maybe a minute, and hit my next set with the same weights. While I could still feel that there was some soreness, it was totally night and day when it came to the movement itself. I was able to shift my focus back to establishing the mind muscle connection instead of being distracted by pain; and the pain itself dropped to about a 3 or 4 out of 10. I was then able to go on to doing 3 sets of 15 reps on the same weight, then increased it for 2 more sets of 15 again. It was no problem, pain-wise, after applying the cool stick.

Another exercise I've been doing a lot of lately are hanging ab workouts like windshield wipers on the bar, or just straight leg raises, and these always cause me some shoulder pain that feels very deep an achy. More often than not, if I bail on this workout it's because of my shoulders and not because I've tired out my core. One day I had the same thing-- probably 7 of 10 pain on my first set during a warm up. I applied the cool stick, waited a minute, and did my next set. I was then able to continue with a circuit of various hanging core lifts with almost no shoulder pain until my grip started to fail. It seemed that the cool stick was particularly effective at combating the shoulder pain.

The last place I tried to use this was on my sprained AC joint, thanks to my way-too-serious flag football league. It distracted me, but when I tried to engage on the line while playing defense, I quickly saw the limits of this product. Who's seen The Program? Cool Stick reinforces that part where they say if you're hurt you can play; if you're injured you can't. My AC joint is an injury (albeit minor) and the Cool Stick isn't going to help me with that.

Last thing... I was curious about the bio-availability of trans-dermal CBD application. I found this: "Measurement of plasma CBD concentration provided by transdermal absorption revealed linearity with 0.6-6.2 mg/day doses. Transdermal CBD gel significantly reduced joint swelling, limb posture scores as a rating of spontaneous pain, immune cell infiltration and thickening of the synovial membrane in a dose-dependent manner." (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4851925/) With Cool Stick you'll likely be getting about 1.5-2mg per application, depending on how heavily you apply it.

So Cool Stick gets a ding here, but it's worth mentioning the high price tag is the result of (unnecessary) government regulations on the cannabis/hemp industry as opposed to Wildflower being greedy. In order to be legally allowed to ship their product across state lines Wildflower needs to order their active ingredients from Europe. Domestically grown hemp/cannabis can't cross state lines.

The CBD+ Cool Stick costs about $60 and is currently only available on Wildflower's website. As steep as that price tag is, I'm actually writing this review early and haven't even come close to finishing. I've been using the product liberally & generously for 40 days and it's not even 50% gone. So while you might be shelling out significantly more money than you'd pay for similar products: a) It will last you a long time; and, b) There really aren't any true comps out there to look at it CBD v. CBD.

If you can afford it- buy it.

Side Effects

Eye watering aroma if applied to heavily or close to the head, and some invisible but greasy-feeling residue on the application site.

Conclusion

If this product is in your budget and you have nagging pains that could use a little bit of help, try this. If you already use something like bengay, icy hot, or tiger balm regularly I bet you'll be impressed with the anti-inflammatory effects of the CBDs. Other than that, I guess just vote for changes to the policies on cannabis whenever you have a chance to and hope that manufacturing can be moved stateside to make this more affordable someday soon. Thanks to Wildflower for not only letting me try almost all of their product line, but for pioneering something long overdue for consumers.

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

January 26, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Joint And Muscle Relief
  • Strong Cooling
  • Strong Smell

First and foremost I would like to thank Wildflower for sending me out their product so I could try it and review it for you guys. I would also like to thank SR for providing me the opportunity and the tools so that I can share with you guys my experience.

I'm a 40 year old male who goes out to the gym minimum 4 times a week. I try to do heavy lifting so that my muscles can grow and in return I can boost around my mighty physique (haha) ... In doing such my joints are screaming and aching that I'm being foolish for my old age ... So I try to do what any other sane old fool would do ... I get supplements to shut them up (haha) ... I noticed this little gadget and I said to myself get it ... it might be better than your stupid smelly Bengay ...

Contains: 300mg of CBD and some other rubbish ...

Applying CBD Oil positively affects the endocannabinoid system(fancy word for something that you body does to level it back to normal), CBD has been the focus of more than 23,000 published studies about cannabinoids in relation to various medical indications including anxiety, epilepsy, inflammation, cancer and chronic pain to name few.

Please don't eat this ... you just apply it to an area you feel like you want to have relief from inflammation ... meaning just put it on your aching joints ...

So I wanted this to be better than Bengay ... I was actually hoping for a small miracle, but unfortunately it didn't come ... It did cool me for way longer than Bengay did, that is for sure, but I don't think it was anything miraculous. I would personally say that it doubled the time of effect than Bengay cold therapy could which I was using prior. Another plus is that the smell is different from Bengay so you don't have to feel like a retiree (no offense) ... The smell to me wasn't in anyway offensive. The applied area tends to get oily so you might want to wait a few before putting on clothes on that area ...

So simply I'm going to compare this to what I compared it with in effectiveness ... I get one stick that has I dunno how many uses ... let's say 30 ... for 50$ ... so in order to match the effectiveness I would have to buy twice the Bengay ... so for 3 pack of 4oz tubes I would pay 31$ and probably have a little more use than 60 applications ... you be the judge ...

Side Effects

Oil and fragrance that might not be pleasant to all .. Don't apply this in your private area ... I haven't tried but I hear it's not good.

Conclusion

This review is short because to me there is not much to talk about ... I like the part about the chronic pain but I would probably have to use this A LOT more often to see if this could relieve me of my chronic pain that I had in my foot for years ... It's just to expensive for the effectiveness I received ... Thank you for reading this and wish you keep those joints lubricated ...

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

December 24, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Joint And Muscle Relief
  • Different Kind Of Relief
  • Strong Smell

So this Wildflower company makes this new type of muscle rub, but it's .... something a bit different than what I am used to. Now being my age and having played my share of basketball and heavy lifting over the year's I suffer from pretty severe joint pain and muscle pain at time's . So I use some muscle ointment's rather often. Seeing this one as a bit different than the typical Menthol type I use. I really wanted to give this a go.

300mg of CBD ( Cannabis plant extract )
Coconut oil, hemp oil, shea butter, beeswax, ecosoya, vitamin E, Arnica, CBD oil, peppermint essential oil, menthol crystals
This contain's zero THC.
That was actually something I asked a rep about before trying this. I am a CDL driver and I can't take a chance on something like that coming back on me. So that was a plus , seeing this was not going to happen and having a rep confirm that for me.

Just rub it on. Does not get any easier.

WOW. This stuff is interesting. It does not feel like the other's I have used. This has really long lasting cool feeling to it. Not really numbing, but I guess I would say, relaxing. It really does seem to last much longer than other's I have used like the absorbine liniment, or tiger balm. Those seem to work like heat and cool feeling, this is more like a cooling sensation.
I used this every morning at work and it would still be cooling my knee's at lunch time. So that is much longer than the other's lasted. But it does seem to stick to your pants some, Kinda makes them tacky feeling.
It has this strong but pleasant smell to it also. My wife like's the way it smells. I can take it but after a while I am kinda over it. The peppermint oil is what you are smelling for the most part. I does have a nice feel to as well. It has the beeswax and shea butter in it and you can certainly feel it them.
I really enjoyed using this and hated running out of it.

Dang they killed it here. This stuff really was awesome but seeing the price at 60 buck's I can not even think of getting that , I can get a bottle of my absorbine from tractor supply for 12 buck's and that bottle last's forever.
I would love to one day see this at a store for a much lower price than 60 bucks. I would possible consider it at 30 bucks but I can not justify the price now.

Side Effects

sticky pants , kinda strong smell

Conclusion

I really think they have a solid product here. I really , really liked this. But until the price falls on this I can not really push someone toward's this.
Thank you so much for letting me give this a go. I truly this think product is wonderful. But I would like to see the smell dialed down a bit and the price brought down some.