whey_d protein sachets Reviews
whey_d protein sachets is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by whey_d. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.
IntroductionFirst of all, thanks to Adam for sending this out and giving us the chance of trying this product. I'm a college student interested in nutrition and currently bulking up this winter.
Ingredient ProfileVery simple profile:
85/86 calories depending on flavor.
- Protein: 20 grams
- Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbs: 0.6 g
- Fibre: 0.4 g
- Salt: 0.3 g
- Amino acid profile:
o Leucine: 2.3 g
o Isoleucine: 1.7
o Valine: 1.5
As you can see, very clean and well dosed protein supplement, especially for those trying to cut.
Taste/Mixability/Dosing- I got sent 12 sachets, 6 were Chocolate flavored and 6 were Strawberries & Cream. The chocolate flavor isn't as sweet as others in the market so keep that in mind, the strawberry flavor was my favorite by far and it tasted like one of those strawberry lollipops from when I was a kid. Weirdly enough, both flavors tasted better when mixed in water, mixing them in milk gave them a weird aftertaste that I was not very fond of.
- Good mixability, the powder itself is very fine and leaves almost no clumps when mixing (see image attached below).
- Dosing is 1 sachet any time of the day. I measured the content and it is exactly as advertised, 24 grams of product.
EffectivenessGiven the clean profile it's only fair to say that this product is not heavy on the stomach; there was no discomfort, bloating or gas. Another good thing to remark is that after taking the product you won't feel full, you can take it post workout and then eat a regular meal 30 minutes to 1 hour after without any problem.
Now, this product isn't going to be judged by the protein content itself; the elephant in the room is the packaging, the way the product is delivered to us and the way we have to utilize it. I found it extremely efficient if you don't take protein post workout (you probably bring the powder inside a shaker and just pour water) or at home, it becomes a regular snack that you can bring anywhere without making a mess, personally it was a god sent as I could drink it in between classes or after finals: opening it up, mixing it in a water bottle and then downing it. If you take a look at the pictures attached below, you can see that you don't need to open the whole thing, with just a small pull you can pour the powder anywhere and it won't collapse and spill everywhere.
ValueWe have to play with a currency converter here; each sachet if bought individually is 2 british pounds (2.28 euros and 2.79 dollars). According to the website, every box contains 15 sachets and the delivery will be:
- If you take protein 2x per day, a box will be delivered weekly for a total of 80 pounds per month. (111 dollars - 91 euros)
- If you take protein 1x per day, the box will be delivered every 2 weeks for 45 pounds a month. (62.81 dollars - 51.28 euros)
- If you take protein 5x per week, the box will be delivered every 3 weeks for a total of 35 pounds a month. (48.85 dollars - 39.89 euros)
- If you take protein 3x per week, said box will be delivered every 5 weeks for a total of 22.5 pounds a month. (31.31 dollars - 25.69 euros)