Training Whey Reviews

By: Weider

Protein > Whey Protein
Training Whey is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by Weider. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste Could Be Improved
  • It Should Come In Bigger Containers.
Well I got a review of a protein that I have never heard, I didn't even know that Weider had his own supp company, but that is another topic.

First of all, the fact that this is not a popular protein should not make it a poor quality or ineffective one. I personally enjoyed it and I found it very easy to digest. Now lets go to the review.

Effectiveness (8/10): I am having a hard time evaluating the effectiveness of this protein based on the fact that it is very hard to gauge the "potency" or "effectiveness" of a protein supplements, since they are more of the passive kinds, for lack of a better term.

One important aspect to discuss about this protein is that it is a hydrolyzed protein and it does not cause any type of stomach discomfort. You drink it and it a matter of 20 minutes is completely gone from your stomach.

The protein claims "... [it] contains small-specialized whey protein fractions called di & tripeptides. These smaller fractions are the preferred form for protein transport, so absorption of hydrolyzed protein occurs much faster than digestive fractions arising from the digestion of whole proteins."

If this is 100% accurate, I can see why it was so easy to digest this protein and it did not cause any type of stomach discomfort, even when I mixed it with milk or twice the recommended dosage (50g).

Perhaps, this hydrolyzed protein was the reason why I was able to recover from my new killer workouts for my legs, I'v been doing y3t training for legs and it makes you wanna throw up afterwards and so weak you cannot even walk, drive or go upstairs, but incredibly enough, I am not as sore the next day. I was also drinking 2 to 3 servings of it a day.

Taste(7/10): This protein is not delicious or amazing in taste, but it is not bad either, you can call it average with a little bit of synthetic flavor to it, but in my opinion, it did not taste bad at all.

However, if you mixed it with 1% milk, man this stuff turned into a delicious and sinful milkshake. It tasted more like a sweet treat than a protein shake to me.

Mix-ability(9/10): It mixes great with water, no clumps or anything like it, but you still have to shake it quite a bit for it to dissolve. It also mixes really good with milk, surprisingly, despite of the fat content and texture of milk. It never leaves clumps or any type of residue at the bottom of the shaker.

Cons(N/A)): I really did not find anything wrong with it, the taste could be improved, but besides that it did not really affect the way I am reviewing this protein.

Values(7/10): It is a good value hydrolyzed protein, if you compare it to ON's which is ridiculously overpriced, it is cheaper and you get more per jug. You get 2 lbs of hydrolyzed protein for $29.99 in all start health and ON's Hydro whey gives you 1.75 lbs for the same price. Also if you buy 2 containers is 4 lbs for $59.98 compared to ON's 3.5 lbs Hydro Whey for 54.99. The reason why I gave it a 7 is because they only come in 2 lbs jugs, they should at least make the 4 lbs IMO.

Overall (7.75/10): It is a good protein, it does not taste horrible and it is not bad on value, you get a good quality protein for a good price and you don't pay the premium price because it is not as popular as other brands. I think it is worth it, I liked it a lot and I may just get for my personal use from now on, at least for post workout with skim or 1% milk.

• Frankiemusc

Great review

Weider has had a supp line since I was in HS=a long time

• Cryoburner

^^ You old goat.

Anyways Chi, marketing is everything. This isn't a popular protein because it's;
    A. Not been pushed hard at GNC/VS
    B. I don't see many ads for it like I do ON, Uni, MT, etc.

Good review though man, I just can't justify spending 30 bucks on 2LBS of protein when I don't see much of a difference in effectiveness. To each his own.

• chichistrong
    March 11, 2012

@frankie, I had no idea it was that old lol.

@Cryo, I don't pay those prices I buy them wholesale, but for the general public is not that bad for a hydro protein, however, I still believe they are not worth that high price tag.