(Better than 71% in Pre-Workout > Pump)

Rampage is a Pump Product manufactured by Warrior Nutrition. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

Pre-Workout > Pump

March 13, 2018

• Not Enough Energy
  • Could Use More Focus Ingredients

First off, huge thanks to warrior nutrition for shipping it out all the way across the ocean and giving me the chance to give this product a review. I'm college student ready to get those abs of steel for summer since bulking time is over!

This has such a big and interesting profile (and scoop), around 45 grams:
- 90 calories
- 10 grams of fast acting carbs (dextrose)
- Protein/amino acid blend (10 grams): Hydrolyzed whey protein powder (min 80% protein) + bcaas, the amount is not disclosed.
- Strength & Endurance Blend (7 grams): Again, it's not fully disclosed but we have Creatine Monohydrate (micronized), Creatine HCI, B-Alanine, Betaine Anhydrous. Creatine increases power output and helps with minor increases in lean mass and anaerobic running capacity, B-Alanine has been shown to enhance muscular endurance being able to perform 1 to 2 reps more when staying at an hypertrophy range (8 to 15 reps). It's remarkable to say that it's not Carnosyn Beta Alanine so it's not the highest quality available and betaine has been recommended as a performance enhancing compound, although with quite unreliable results and has at times been linked to increased power output (only to fail in other instances) and minor increases in workout volume and endurance.
- Nitric Oxide Blend (5.1 grams): L-Citrulline, Beet Root Powder and L-Norvaline. The name is self-explanatory, they all aid with muscle pumps and muscle volume.
- Energy/Focus blend (875mg): L-Tyrosine, caffeine at 175 mg and Citrus aurantium fruit extract. Caffeine is a powerful stimulant and it can be used to improve physical strength and endurance. It is classified as a nootropic because it sensitizes neurons and provides mental stimulation. L-Tyrosine is a mental booster as it assists with mental focus.
- Insulinogenic (2.25 grams): L- taurine and Gymnema sylvestre extract. Taurine is known for its nootropic effect and its ability to increase blood flow when exercising plus it can aid various anti-oxidant defense systems.

Even though it's not fully disclosed I want to believe almost all of them are very close to the scientific dose.

- It only comes in one flavor, hardcore berry, it was okay, not bad but not outstanding either. It did have a protein-y aftertaste.

- Mixing was so-so, it didn't fully mix but it's understandable given the amount of active ingredients in there.

- Dosing was 1 scoop pre workout.

I usually review and talk about pre workouts rating each category on its own, but this one is different. This product works at a different level, it works rather synergistically than having one area exceling and overpowering the other ones:

The pumps were solid, I used this specially on leg day and arms day a handful of times and after the first set my legs (and arms) were really pumped, I would go so far as to say this is one of the critic parts of this product, interesting for me since Citrulline isn't my go-to pump ingredient as I think there are better and stronger ones. Power output was good as well, mixing both types of creatine is an interesting way of putting it, since HCL is claimed to require a lower dosage than monohydrate I'd say this mixture hits the recommended creatine intake, which allowed me to push harder and grind those few reps on strength training (most noticeable on bench press and squats). I won't speak much about endurance as I've been supplementing with a Beta-Alanine product for a while now and I still have my concerns about Betaine being as important as they say, plus both B-Alan and Betaine are included in the same blend as creatine and they could both be very well underdosed. Talking about energy and focus, I have my doubts here; first off, I loved the mood aspect of the product, something in there made me feel very good and happy after taking it, which was nice. Energy boost just wasn't there, I understand going with a "safe" dose of caffeine, not in the sense of any health risk but a dose that would work perfectly fine for someone that doesn't take caffeine very often and wants a quick boost, but if you are a stim junky you won't feel anything (I didn't). I know this is a delicate area but personally I would either go with a full caffeine serving or change the caffeine for another focus/mood boosting ingredient and turn this into a stim free pre workout.

40 dollars for around 20 servings (2 dollars per serv) It is a steep price and not competitive, yes it has a lot of ingredients but we've seen other very solid and stacked pre workouts with a cheaper price per serv.

Side Effects

None, but you need to drink a good amount of water in order to mix and down this one.

Conclusion

All in all I enjoyed my run with it, I even took it some mornings just to get that "feel good" effect and start my day nicely since I am not a coffee person. It's a good choice if you are looking for something different and not overly stimmed but you want to make sure you count those 90 calories if you're tracking and following a structured diet.
  • Berry: 7/10

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

Overall
Thanks to Warrior Nutrition for sending it out!
  February 28, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decent Taste
  • Not Enough Energy

What's up SR family! I wanna thank Warrior Nutrition and SR for the opportunity! I saw this product and immediately got sucked in once I saw that it contains protein and carbs and many other great things that I will be explaining below!

1 scoop is 45 grams which is a big boy scoop so expect to add a good amount of water.

10g of Carbohydrate blend of Dextrose and glucose which this helps with a quick source of energy and a little get up in you. Comes in perfect if you take it in the morning like I do.

10g of Protein and Amino Acid Blend: Hydrolized whey protein. Which aids in muscle recovery and strengthening the muscle tissues.

Strength and Endurance Blend:
7.6g = Creatine Mono, Creatine HCl, Beta-Alanine, and Betaine:
Propietary blend so not to sure on how much is in it exactly. Beta-Alanine is what gives you those face tingles and itchiness. Personally I love the beta-alanine feeling but unfortunately with this product it did not give me that feeling as much as others do. Creatine is going to help in ATP and strength gains, some people may experience some bloating from this. Also, when taking any creatine product make sure that you drink enough water as it can hurt the kidneys.

5.1g of Citrulline, Beet Root Powder, and Norvaline
Citruline is usually 6g by itself so i believe this category is very underdosed but it still gives you a great pump regardless!

875mg of Tyrosine, Caffeine, and Citrus Aurantium fruit extract.

Only thing that they actually break down in this category is just the caffeine which is stated at "175mg"

Insulinogenic Blend:
2.25g of Taurine and Gymnema Sylveste extract

taste is berry mix but personally I did not taste much of it. Maybe it's because I just chugged it but in the end I would get a hint of berry. It mixes ok, lots of clumping and it seems like the carb part of it just stays on top and doesn't mix well. But like I said it is a big scoop so it is to be expected. I just mixed mine with a spoon since I work out in the early mornings I do not want to use the blender and wake up the fiancee haha.

I feel like this product was pretty effective! I loved the pumps I got from it. Like I said I worked out early mornings with nothing in my stomach other than the pre workout and I feel like the carbs helped fill me up a little and prevent me from passing out or something lol. Only thing is I wish it would give you a little bit more energy and beta-alanine tingles. I personally love it but I felt like this product lacked a little bit in the energy department but good in pumps! Making you feel like "hercules" haha

A little pricey I think. $39.99 for 20 servings but you do get a good amount of ingredients with it which is good for the price.

Side Effects

Only side effects I experienced were some stomach discomfort. i think it was due to me not eating in the morning and just chugging it down but not sure as I only experienced it the last few days of taking this.

Conclusion

All in all a great product. Like I said I feel like it lacked in the energy department but I am sure that is due to me being used to higher caffeine levels. I still think it is a great product to invest in due it having your energy, protein and carbs all in one scoop which helps out all together. If you have some extra money and want to try an "all in one" type of product I would definitely go for this!
  • Berry: 7/10

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

Overall
Thanks to Warrior Nutrition for sending it out!
  February 25, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decent Taste
  • Strength Increase
  • Solid Pumps

What is going on guys?? I've got a pre-workout review today with a name that brings high expectations with it: Warrior Rampage. I was very excited to try this product because it claimed to contain literally everything, "PROTEIN, CREATINE, AMINO ACIDS and NITRIC OXIDE in one bottle." I'd like to thank everyone here at SR and everyone at Warrior nutrition for making this review possible!

1 scoop is 45 GRAMS (for a pre-workout that is pretty dang intimidating)
10g of Carbohydrate blend of Dextrose and glucose polymers: This supplies your body with a fast digesting 'energy source' and gives you quick fuel.

10g of Protein/Amino Acid Blend: This is made up of hydrolyzed whey protein powder and Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine. I'm assuming that the whey powder makes up most of the 10 grams because no additional breakdown on the actual amino acids can be seen. This will help you rebuild as you are tearing your muscles down.

Strength and Endurance Blend: 7.6g of Creatine Mono, Creatine HCl, Beta-Alanine, and Betaine: Since this is another prop blend we can't tell if the doses are clinical or not. I do like all the ingredients included in this blend because they will have a real impact on your workout. Creatine saturation helps in ATP and strength gains, Beta-Alanine is the endurance juggernaut that gives you those face tingles that make you feel like you can run through a wall and betaine is always a great addition for its endurance properties. It is worth noting that I did not have very noticeable tingles while using this product.

Nitric Oxide Blend: 5.1g of Citrulline, Beet Root Powder, and Norvaline
This one is clearly underdosed as the clinical dose of citrulline is 6g alone. But you gotta love seeing the 'pump products' include in this one.

Energy Focus Blend: 875mg of Tyrosine, Caffeine, and Citrus Aurantium fruit extract.
The only thing dislocated in this prop blend is the 175mg of caffeine. We can assume however that the amount of tyrosine is less than 700mg and clearly underdosed.

Insulinogenic Blend: 2.25g of Taurine and Gymnema Sylveste extract

Overall this is a MASSIVE ingredient profile for a pre-workout. I really wish the ingredients weren't listed in blends so that we could actually see how much of very ingredient is being utilized. Either way I'm still excited to dive in.

Taste: Hardcore mixed berry wasn't a bad flavor but it wasn't a great flavor. If you're into tropical punch kind of flavors then this will be more suited towards your taste buds.
Mixibility: I stress to you to use at least half a shaker cup of water because this is a large amount of powder. Shake it as such as you would like a scoop of whey because it's a similar amount of powder. No major issues to report.
Dosage: 1 scoop pre-workout (my sweet spot was about 15 mins before I started lifting). It may take longer to set in than some other powders because of the large amount of powder to absorb.

This is straight off of the website:
"There's no other Pre-workout on the market that has PROTEIN, CREATINE, AMINO ACIDS and NITRIC OXIDE in one bottle.
Extreme energy & focus
Enhances muscular strength and power
Delays fatigue and lactic acid onset
Increases muscle pump and vascularity
No crash or dips in energy and focus"

So overall this was a very good pre-workout. The energy was not 'extreme' but rather a good steady flow that lasted throughout the duration of my workout. I'd relate it to the energy I get from an average energy drink except this stuff lasted longer. The increase in muscular strength and power was very real and evident for me. The combination of creatine, betaine and beta-alanine really pushed my workout to the next level. My singles and doubles that I do in my power building workout format felt easier and smoother with the addition of the supplement. The highlight of this stuff was the delayed fatigue. I squeeze a lot of volume into my workouts and my muscles lasted longer and took more of a beating than when I was not using this product. The pumps were solid but not life-changing. I got better pumps from 3g of agmatine to be honest. I can also say with confidence that I never crashed while using this product! I was all around very pleased with the performance of this pre-workout.

This product can only be found on the manufacturers website for $40.00
This comes out to $2 per serving. There's no other way to put this than it's expensive. Yes it does include a laundry list of ingredients but I feel like certain elements of this pre-workout are too underused to warrant a $40 price rag for 20 servings.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I really enjoyed using this product, but really couldn't see myself adding this to my permanent stack because of the price tag.