Premium Whey Reviews

By: Warrior Nutrition

Protein > Whey Protein
Premium Whey is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by Warrior Nutrition. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Overall
Thanks to Warrior Nutrition for sending it out!
  March 23, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improves Recovery

I am a 27 year old firefighter from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my job and to build muscle / strength. I want give give a very big thank you to Warrior Nutrition for participating in the TROOPS program and for sending me their protein to review!

To start there are 120 calories per serving. There are 2.5 grams of fat, 4 grams of carbs, 2 grams of sugar, and 24 grams of protein. The protein used in this product is a blend of whey protein concentrate and whey protein isolate. I was unable to find out an exact amount used of either one. I would like it more if there were more Isolate than concentrate. Those are two of the most common sources used in whey proteins with isolate being the best in my opinion. It also contains an unknown amount of L-Leucine, L-Valine, and L-Isoleucine. It also contains digestive enzymes Papain and protease. Those helps to digest and absorb the protein better.

The taste was phenomenal and I am not exaggerating one bit. This may be hands down the best tasting protein I have ever tried. I reviewed the Cookies and Cream flavor. It was very creamy tasting and so smooth. It reminded me of a milkshake! The bits of cookie in the protein were a great addition that brought a hint of chocolate flavor. I always used milk and I feel that helped it be extra creamy tasting. It always mixed up perfectly in a shaker bottle. There were no clumps or residue leftover. The dosing seemed right at one scoop with the scoop being an average size.

Firstly it definitely helped me combat a sweet tooth hankering. The recovery the day of and the days following seemed improved. I felt like I made good muscle and strength gains during my use as well. I always looked forward to downing one of these shakes after a workout. With that being said I definitely pushed myself hard during my lift just to get to my reward a little bit sooner. It always digested easy on my stomach.

The only place I was able to find this product was on the companies website. It was a but pricy compared to many other 2lb tubs of protein out there. I personally feel that due to its effectiveness and incredible taste that it is worth it. It is currently listed for 34.99. It contains to 28 servings per tub and that breaks down to about 1.25 per serving.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects while using this product.

Conclusion

I recommend this product to all lovers of tasty and effective protein! I will definitely be trying this again in my future and cannot wait. It was tasty and effective so it gets 2 big thumbs up from me. I want to thank Warrior Nutrition again for allowing to review their product! I look forward to being able to try more products from you!
    • Cookies 'N Cream Milkshake: 10/10

Overall
    Thanks to Warrior Nutrition for sending it out!
      March 13, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Bad Blend

Whats up SR, I chose to review this product as I was looking for a blended protein to help me some daily macro goals and I figured I should give this a shot. Shoutout to the Trooper program and Warrior Nutrition for sending this my way.

Alright so lets get into this shall we?

Serving Size: 1 rounded scoop (32g)
    Servings Per Container: 28

Calories - 130
    Total Fat - 2.5g ( of which 1.5g Saturated)
    Total Carbohydrate - 4g
    Sugar - 3g
    Protein - 24g

Ingredients (Cliffnotes):
    Protein Blend (Whey Concentrate and Whey Isolate, Cookie Pieces (made up of generic baking ingredients), Sugar, Palm and/or Canola Oil, Cocoa, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Leavening, Cornstarch, Salt, Soy Lecithin, Flavorings, Sucralose, Branch Chain Amino Acid Blend (Leucine, Iso-leucine, valine), Papain, Protease.

Okay so there are some areas of concern here for me.

1) I really don't like how we have sugar AND High Fructose Corn Syrup in here. This is a red flag for me and obviously explains the 3g of sugar per serving (which in my mind is high, but depends on your diet I suppose). Not a fan of that at all.

2) I hate seeing Canola and/ or Palm oil in here as well

3) the BCAA Blend listed as well is a cause for concern in my eyes, because nowhere on the label does it state that this is an "Added BCAA Blend" it simply says "Premium Whey is high in Branch Chain Amino Acids" which in my mind immediately jumps out as potential amino spiking, a major knock on this if that is in fact correct.

The flavor I received was Cookies 'N Cream Milkshake. Oh boy was this good, great job by Warrior Nutrition on the flavor, not too sweet and had actual cookie pieces floating around, loved this. Mixability was great as well, no issues here. Dosing is one scoop, I used one scoop with some water or coconut milk as a post work snack.

As with pretty much all proteins effectiveness is very hard to gauge, so I'll simply go over how effective this was for me in terms of how I used it. Like I said before I used this as a post work snack to help me hit my protein goals for the day. Obviously with this having 24g of protein per serving this did help me get more protein into my diet in a tasty way. The only knock there is I wanted to add protein but I really didn't want to add 3g of sugar, would really have liked to see this come in around the 1g of sugar mark. Now with where I'm at in my diet (slowly starting to cut at the time of taking this product) the 3g did not really matter that much, but if I was deeper into dieting then 3g can make more of a difference. Overall it did help me hit protein goals and helped make the whole dieting thing easier with its good taste, so for me it was effective.

This as far as my research tells me can only be found directly on the Warrior Nutrition website, where it rings in at $34 for a 2lb tub (28 serves), which gives this a value of $1.20 a serving, which is high in my mind for a blended protein, so this loses some marks there for me.

Side Effects

None, it was easy on my stomach/ digestive system.

Conclusion

Overall this had potential to be a solid blended protein/ meal replacement type product but I just don't feel comfortable giving it high marks with some of the ingredients found in the blend, between the sweeteners and the lower quality oils used, and the potential (don't know unless its actually tested) of being amino spiked. I am just not sure if this is an ideal protein in a market filled with so many options.
    • Cookies 'N Cream Milkshake: 9/10