(Better than 100% in Energy Supplements > Drinks)

BANG is an Energy Drink manufactured by VPX. It is a stimulant based drink designed to give you a boost of energy and increase mental focus.

Energy Supplements > Drinks

July 30, 2018

• Not Enough For A True Pre Workout

Bang is a energy drink that I usually use when I'm in between pre-workouts and I need that extra push. It's got a great caffeine amount and it's really easily accessible for me, they have them at a lot of gas stations close to where I live. They are pretty popular but for good reason.

So I don't normally drink energy drinks, I never have to be honest but I was in the car one day riding to the gym with a buddy, and he mentions he has to stop and get one of these at a gas station on the way. Well this was about 4 months ago and at the time I was out of pre workout, so I join him in getting one and I'm hooked. I've drank these on and off since then and I've tried different brands of energy drinks/rtd pre workouts and I gotta say I enjoy these the most. I actually see that they have this in a powder version that I never knew about and I'm thinking about trying that next. Not only when I'm out of pre workout but sometimes I'll just not feel like taking any and instead i'll go to the corner store and get one of these.

Ah here we are again my old friend, a prop blend.
What we know for sure is that it has a great amount of caffeine in it, around 300mg, the pre workouts I usually take I try to aim around this amount or less.

The other ingredients in the product include its trademarked SUPER CREATINE. This is creatine bonded to L-Leucine, I tried to research what this does and apparently combining the two makes it a water-stable creatine and it helps with mental focus because it can cross the blood brain barrier more easily.

We also have CoQ10 in here as well, what I've read on this is that it has numerous benefits for heart health and it's also very heavily involved in energy production so it may help with physical performance as well.

Finally we have BCAAs and vitamins B6 and B12 to round out this bang of a energy drink.

Ok so I'm pretty sure I've tasted just about every flavor, and I love them all, which never happens for me. I can't say there wasn't one flavor I didn't enjoy. I think my favorite might be the Star Blast but they all sort of come close to being #1. I don't know what it is about it but even flavors I normally wouldn't think I'd enjoy, like blue razz or black cherry vanilla, they are both great. No mixing here, they are ready to drink straight out the can. I usually drank one 15 minutes before working out if I was using it as my pre-workout, if not, I would just take it when I needed some energy.

I love these things, they are great. I do a lot of cardio these days and I get great energy from this. I drink one and I'm good to go, you can feel the energy boost. It helped a lot, especially since I would use these when I was out of pre-workout, waiting for a new one to come in the mail or just not feeling like using any at the time. It gave me a great boost that I needed so it was really effective for me. Not only energy but it seemed to also help in my focus while I was working out. I get bored quick when I'm doing cardio and I lose focus fast but with this I definitely felt more focused, not like a pre-workout where the time will sort of fly by for me if it's good enough, but just enough to keep me on the treadmill or whatever I'm doing.

So the cheapest I can find this is around $24-$25 for 12 cans and lets just say that's about $2 per can, which is pretty good. Especially compared to other RTD's, it's a good deal, but what I like most about this is the accessibility, I can go 5 minutes down the road and get a can before my workout. I've tried a couple other RTD's and I think this is the best deal you can get for what you are getting.

Side Effects

No side effects for me.

Conclusion

I love Bang, it's got great caffeine amount, not too much or too little. It provides great energy and good focus for when I'm working out or just need that boost. It's also one of the best energy drinks I've tasted to date, every single flavor is great tasting and you never have to worry about getting through the flavor like you do with some other brands. It's also a really good value considering how effective it is and the accessibility. I'm definitely buying again and I'd recommend them to anyone.
  • Champagne: 9/10

Ill Pump You Up   $26.95
AllStarHealth   $28.29

May 14, 2018

• Not Enough For A True Pre Workout

Bang energy drinks are the bodybuilder's redbull. I chose to review these because I think they are a product with a ton of hype, and I wanted to explain where that hype comes from.

I am a college student and I work a part time retail job so I am often drained throughout the day. Bang has been there to save me, especially during finals week. I have had almost every flavor of Bang because I get them for a discount at one of my local gyms. I have had the 12 pack of Purple Guava Pear and Black Cherry Vanilla.

Bang packs 300mg of caffeine into each can, and there are 0 calories per can. The main sweetener is sucralose. Bang is naturally flavored with no artificial colors.
The ingredients, sadly, are listed in a prop blend. But the stars of the ingredient panel are, L-Leucine, Creatyl-L-Leucine (creatine bonded to L-Leucine), L-isoleucine, L-Valine, vitamin B3, CoQ10, vitamin C, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12.

I would love to see L-Carnitine and something for a pump in here to help make it a preworkout as well as an energy drink. However, when comparing to other energy drinks this ingredient panel is very good.

Taste is fantastic when it comes to Bang. These are also not too carbonated so they were easier to drink. I hate how most energy drinks burn my throat when I drink them. I have had almost every flavor and I will break down each one. The tea flavors are not carbonated.

Peach Mango: Very sweet, not my favorite but a very accurate flavor.
Sour Heads: Green apple sprite type of flavor.
Star Blast: Tastes exactly like the blue part of a rocket pop.
Power Punch: The worst Bang in my opinion. A poorly flavored fruit punch.
Lemon Drop: A more lemony sprite.
Champagne: More of a cream soda flavor.
Black Cherry Vanilla: Perfect soda taste, reminds me of Dr. Pepper.
Root Beer Blaze: They did not add a vanilla taste so this is far too tart.
Purple Guava Pear: The perfect energy drink flavor for me, not too sweet. It is a must try.
Cherry Blade Lemonade: I love lemonade flavors so this one might be my favorite. The cherry is also very good.
Georgia Peach Sweet Tea: I was disappointed by this one, it has a very acidic aftertaste.

Dosage: I would have one can a day as needed. Never more than one.

I feel great when I drink these. I drink Bang exclusively when I work in the morning or before morning classes as a replacement for coffee. It never fails to wake me up and it keeps me going for roughly 3 hours. The nicest part about bang is that after the caffeine hits there is no crash so I would not want to just go take a nap after, and I would never need more than one throughout the day. When compared to Monster and RedBull, Bang was a much bigger kick of energy for me.

On Amazon a 12 pack of Bang is 24.99 (16fl oz cans), a 12 pack of Red Bull is 35.68 (16 fl oz), and a 24 pack of monster is 37.41 (16 fl oz). Cellucor's C4 carbonated is 29.99 for a 12 pack (16 fl oz cans), and Celsius Heat is 28.94 for a 12 pack (16 fl oz cans).
This makes Bang pricing very competitive with other energy drinks. When compared to other carbonated RTD's Bang is the cheapest. The only reason I did not rate the value of Bang higher is that Bang cannot be used as a preworkout the way some other RTD's can be used.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Bang is a strong, well priced, great tasting, 0 calorie energy drink. The only downside is it can not be used as a preworkout as well.
  • Lemon Drop: 7/10

Ill Pump You Up   $26.95
AllStarHealth   $28.29

April 16, 2018

• Prop Blend

What is going on guys? This review is for all my fellow caffeine heads out there as I'm about to review a popular energy drink. Two of my buddies swear by these things and drink them before every workout so I finally pulled out my wallet and bought a 12 pack on a1supplements. Let's dive right in!

There's only one thing that we can know for certain after looking at the label: there's 357mg of caffeine in this product as stated on A1supplements. The can contain's a laundry list of ingredients within a prop blend so there's really no telling how much of each individual ingredient you are actually getting. Some of the highlights besides caffeine are the muscle building amino acids leucine, Isoleucine, and valine and Covalex, a creatine glutamine complex. The extra components of the label relate this product more to a pre-workout than to your traditional energy drink (or a 'super energy drink'). And I only drink 'diet/zero calorie' drinks so the sugar-free option was a huge plus for me.

Serving Size 1 Can
Niacin 25%
Vitamin B12 25%
Vitamin B6 25%
Magnesium 2%
Other Ingredients: Carbonated water, citric acid anhydrous, natural and artificial flavors, caffeine anhydrous, sodium benzoate (preserves freshness), potassium citrate monohydrate, Sucralean brand sucralose, L-leucine, potassium phosphate dibasic, vitamin C (ascorbic acid), calcium chloride, acesulfame potassium, potassium sorbate (preserves freshness), calcium disodium EDTA, magnesium chloride, L-isoleucine, L-valine, Covalex (covalently bonded creatine glutamine complex) vitamin B3 (niacinamide), vitamin B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride), and vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin).

Taste: Black Cherry Vanilla was VERY GOOD. It was a very smooth beverage that didn't sting going down. It reminded me of a vanilla coke or Dr. Pepper in a way. I loved the flavor and had to stop my self from drinking more than 1 can a day.

Mixibility/Dosage: I drank one can a day whenever I needed a 'pick me up' of energy.

This stuff literally BANGS. The energy boost was quite evident within 20-30 minutes after drinking it. I'd like to think that I have a pretty high caffeine tolerance being a heavy coffee drinker and this stuff always at least got me moving. I would be cautious in watching your daily caffeine intake with this product if you are sensitive to caffeine because 357mg in one product is more than most pre-workouts carry. I also noticed a mental-boost of sorts after consuming the product. It wasn't quite tunnel vision but rather more mental alertness and steady focus. I did not experience any unwanted crashing later in the day most likely due to the fact that there was no sugar in this product. I also didn't really feel anything from the added BCAA and creatine- glutamine complex's. This leads me to believe that their doses are small because they don't add any significant change. The main thing I look for in an energy drink is ENERGY though and that's exactly what I got from BANG.

I purchased mine for $25 on a1supplements.com ($2.08 per can) but it looks like you can find them for $22.35 on NutraHelathSupply.com and $21.51 on Amazon. That's pretty competitive for the energy drink industry and I would pick this product over a monster or red bull any day.

Side Effects

No crash!

Conclusion

I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for a zero calorie caffeine boost to get them through a work day or a workout.

January 10, 2018

• Not Enough For A True Pre Workout

Somewhere between the realm of "This should keep me awake and alert" and "since when do humming birds flap their wings so slowly" there exists a niche carved out by ready to drink preworkout supplements. Highly regarded amongst those drinks is VPX's Bang

This is the biggest knock against this product. Bang uses a proprietary blend and offers very little information about the ingredients in this product. What we do know is it contains 300mg of caffeine, along with some common BCAAs, and your usual energy drink vitamins (niacin, b6, b12).

What really sets this drink apart from others of its kind is the inclusion of CoQ10 (a supplement that assists mitochondria in energy production, as well as helping blood flow) and "Super Creatine" which is a form of creatine bonded with leucine in order to make it water soluble. While the amount of creatine in Bang may not be enough to assist with muscle function, it is included in order to enhance cognitive function.

Taste
With several different flavor offerings and more being added occasionally, you are sure to find one that satisfies your pallet. After having tried almost every flavor, I can honestly say I have yet to find one that I dislike. Personally, I prefer the more tart flavors, such as sour heads, lemon drop, and star blast. However I have no issues with the sweeter offerings like cotton candy or root beer blaze.

Mixability
Bang is ready to drink

Dosage
One 16oz can. Due to the high caffeine content, some users may want to consider starting with half a can to assess tolerance.

Everyone remembers their first love dont they? For me, that love came in the form of VPX's Bang. When I first started training Jiu Jitsu, I would usually hit the gym in the evenings after work. After a long work day, and a heavy lifting session on my lunch break, I often found myself struggling to keep my energy level up throughout training. During one particularly grueling training session, one of the trainers suggested I try Bang to give me a little pickup. I was somewhat skeptical, but decided to give it a try. Fifteen minutes later I was back on the mats and outworking the rest of the class.

Back then, Bang was less of an energy drink. It was non carbonated and came in a blue plastic bottle, similar to VPX's other energy supplement, Redline.

Even after the redesign, Bang never faltered in it's ability to deliver a clean and quick energy boost. I have used this product both as a workout supplement on days that I am cycling off of preworkout and as a daily pick me up to get through a draining work day. It is very effective at providing a lasting energy boost as well as increasing mental focus and alertness.
While it may not be strong enough to be an everyday preworkout, it certainly will get you through those days that you just dont want to be at the gym.

My gym sells these for $2.50 each, though I have found them as low as $2.00. I'm unsure about the price per case. You may be able to get a better deal by purchasing by the case. At that price, Bang is comparable to most energy drinks. Considering how much more effective it is, I would say its a fair value.

Side Effects

No negative side effects observed while using this product.

Conclusion

While it may not be strong enough to be considered a true preworkout supplement, Bang is a great energy booster capable of getting you through the day or tacking on a couple of extra reps in the gym.
  • Black Cherry Vanilla: 9/10
  • Blue Razz: 7/10
  • Champagne: 7/10
  • Lemon Drop: 9/10
  • Sour Heads: 8/10

9.6
  December 29, 2017

• Better Than An Energy Drink

3-4 years in the supplement world and have always done my research and love trying new things when possible.

300mg of caffeine will definitely get you up and going. I will explain it all a little better down below. Vitamin c 50%, B6 25%, Niacin 25%, B12 25% and Magnesium 2% are also included and help get you up and going. Also has coq10, amino acids and creatine/glutamine! All around amazing ingredient profile!

The taste is out of this world. I have tried punch and lemon drop. Currently have a lemon drop next to me and loving every single sip. It is not over powering at all it is just perfect. As long as it is cold the flavor is good. When they are room temperature I do not find the taste to be that good but everyone is different!

As far as effectiveness this product definitely gets 11/10. The amount of mental focus and energy I get is mindblowing. I feel like I am on top of the world and can do anything haha. It helps me on these long office shifts and gives me no jitters. The amount of caffeine (300mg per can) is spot on to give you enough energy for about 5-6 hours in my case. Gets me up and motivated to take on the day with a positive attitude. POSITIVE side effect: Mental awareness making you feel like a boss!

I usually get mine for about $2.50 at Vitamin shoppe or at the local smoothie king. Price is really good for such an amazing product. I have yet to look into case pricing but I am sure they are at a very good price.

Side Effects

No side effects were experienced!

Conclusion

DEFINITELY highly recommend this product if you are looking for some caffeine and mental focus. This product goes over my expectations and I feel like a lot of people feel the same way. Very nicely dosed with not to much caffeine that will make you jittery has the perfect amount. You can take this anytime for work or even as a pre workout. This stuff definitely gets you going like nothing else out there. I would recommend this to anyone!
    • Blue Razz: 10/10
    • Lemon Drop: 10/10

April 29, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Better Than An Energy Drink
    • Smooth Energy
    • Tastes Great
    • Prop Blend
    • Not Enough For A True Pre Workout

I used to be a energy drink junkie--my favorite brand was Rockstar. They have a way with flavors that is simply unparalleled. That being said, I don't drink them anymore. Still crave, but don't drink. However, Bang has become my guilty pleasure "energy drink" that I'll allow myself to indulge on occasion.

This is hard, considering that the Bang RTD have a proprietary blend listed in the ingredients section of each can. But if you look carefully, you'll find BCAAs, CoQ10, Vitamins B6&12, and "Super Creatine" (creatine bonded to leucine). And oh yes, CAFFEINE, baby.

I looked into their powder-form pre-workout to see if I could get some sort of comparison profile-wise. Unfortunately, trying to convert mg to mL takes a whole lot of math and density research so I didn't do that. But I think it's somewhat safe to assume that 1 can of RTD Bang may be the equivalent of what we could find in a scoop of Bang pre-workout (that's being too generous, probably). So what do we have to look forward to?

POTENTIALLY a 3:3:1 dose of BCAAs, which is pretty good. 7.5g of BCAAs? I'll take that.

POTENTIALLY 250mg of Super Creatine. The point of creatine bonded to leucine is to help it pass the blood-brain barrier, making it a supplement targeted more to the brain that to the muscles. But hey, your brain behaves as a muscle. So there.

POTENTIALLY 100mg of CoQ10. Okay, so this doesn't come from their pre-workout; this is just a guess. That much would be nice. 300mg would be better. If that's the case, Bang is looking more like a real pre-workout RTD than just a fancy better-for-you energy drink.

ACTUALLY 300mg of caffeine. That's from the can.

So, good news here: it's a RTD. So your mixing and dosing is taken care of. As well as being super-injected with freaking BUBBLES!

The best part about Bang is the taste. The taste will have you soaring above the clouds as your sipping takes you mentally to an island of paradise, gently rocking in a hammock and being fanned with palm branches. Yeah, it's that good. The Black Cherry Vanilla is basically cherry vanilla coke. Except much better for you. And not coke.

So, with 300mg of caffeine, you will feel this. And with no sugar, you won't feel the crappiness that often accompanies other energy drinks (the shakes, the crash, the regret and self-loathing). I tried this before a couple workouts and it gave me good energy and focus. Didn't see any pump or strength improvements, but I did have good focus, and I'm not stim sensitive at all. That being said, I think this would be a great drink for activities other than working out. It is really great for helping you focus or giving an afternoon pick-up without a crash. I really appreciate that. I enjoy staying up late occasionally doing nerdy things that use the brain, and I love Bang for those activities; it really helps me focus. So if you need help concentrating while studying, pick up some Bang! If you wanna stay up late and play COD, drink a Bang instead of a Monster or Mountain Dew. And if you need to be on your game as the Dungeon Master for a riveting Dungeons and Dragons campaign, this drink is for you, whoever you are!

As to the effects Creatine has on the brain, check out this neat article from Psychology Today (https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evolutionary-psychiatry/201202/your-brain-creatine). I like the science behind having creatine-leucine pass the blood-brain barrier, especially when accompanied by CoQ10 and caffeine.

You can find a 12 pack online for about $22, which is cheaper than you'll find at a gas station or GNC. On average, expect to pay about $2-2.50 for a single can. That's cheaper than most energy drinks. A bit expensive if you want this as your pre-workout, though.

Side Effects

Maybe a bit of jitters if you have high sensitivity to caffeine, otherwise none.

Conclusion

I recommend Bang to any of my friends who still are addicted to energy drinks. It's a safer, healthier option. Plus, it tastes amazing. If you are craving a soda, just skip the HFC (or even the diet junk) and go grab a Bang if you can!
    • Lemon Drop: 7/10
    • Sour Heads: 8/10
    • Champagne: 7/10
    • Blue Razz: 8/10

August 7, 2016

• Under-dosed Ingredients
    Introduction:

First off, thank you to the SR Troops program and the people at VPX for the opportunity to try Bang, a rtd energy drink. Pre-workout drinks are a staple for me, to provide that kick needed for before 5 am workouts during the work week. I have tried dozens upon dozens of products and have my favorites. I am not a big fan of the rtd lines of companies, however, this mentality has changed per below.

Ingredient Profile:

A combination of BCAA's, creatine, 300 mg of caffeine, COQ10, glutamine

Not sure how effective the amounts of everything, but the caffeine clearly shines in this product. It's a rtd energy drink.

No dyes and No Calories-win !!

Taste 9/10:

Before jumping into the taste comments. The energy rtd I have previously tried just weren't that great tasting. I have tried several of the main stream names which you can buy in one offs in any convenience store.

The star blast flavor is fantastic, compared to the main stream rtd energy drinks out there on the market. I truly enjoyed this taste. To me it tasted like those red, white and blue bomb ice pops.

Mixability:

This does not apply to this product, as its in a rtd can.

Dosing:

I am not stim tolerant, for me 200mg of caffeine does the trick. So in this use of the product 300mg is a bit over my range and for that I sipped each can over a 30 min period, not just slamming it down.

When taken before a workout, I sipped it for 30 min leading up to my workout.

Same when taken for an afternoon pick me up.

Effectiveness Energy 8/10:

Based on my above dosing, this product provided me with very clean and consistent energy for the duration of my workout. As well as a great afternoon pick me up while at the office. No jitters or crash, the above effect lasted 2 hours at least.

Now in terms of the other ingredients contained in the product, I did not notice any benefits from the creatine, BCAA's for recover etc

I guess they are nice to add, in terms of marketing the product, but in the end its a rtd energy product period.

Value 8/10:

Amazon has 12 cans for $22 as of this review writing. That's $1.83 per can. Not a bad price for the above effects, with all things considered with the price of the can and other ingredients in the product, which possibly are minimal.

Side Effects:

No side effects experienced for the duration of the 12 rtd cans.

Conclusion 8/10:

I have already purchased this product in one off can form at least 8 times since finishing this product. Also, have turned several employees from one of the main brands to this product.

The powder form is next in line.

Overall, I enjoyed this product and loaded up on samples/a few cans, at the Bang booth at the Europa Charlotte last month.

5.5
      July 2, 2016

• Wish Effects Lasted Longer

I never have been much on energy drink, but here lately I have been dragging at work and looking for a little convenient boost. This product and their new PWO popped up and I decided to grab these for a try. It seems everybody else loves these, and ill go ahead and put in the disclaimer here that ive never been a really big drinker of energy drinks so it would have taken a lot here to impress me.

This is a calorie free energy drink with 300mg of caffeine and some added BCAAs they also advertise the use of a "super creatine" that ODAAT went over very well in his review that is used for cognitive function and alertness.

I asked for and received Sour Heads, I figured this would be a good flavor to go with as I enjoy sour things and in the past every energy drink I have used had a twang to it. Not the case here at all, it tasted very watery with absolutely no "sour" taste to it at all. No mixing but it was a very smooth drinking beverage and I dosed this mid shift at work usually about 10am or 7pm.

Even with a sufficient 300mg of caffeine in it I didn't notice much of a boost throughout the case. Im pretty stim tolerant but 300mg should be enough to make me at least not feel sleepy. There's not a whole lot I can say here in this section as I just didnt get much of anything out of this product. The taste made it not enjoyable to drink whether it was ice cold or lukewarm I never looked forward to this and had to take big sips to get a whole can down. I didnt feel like my cognitive function improved at all either, no more alert than usual.

If you are an energy drink person, here was the only bright spot to me, it is a little cheaper than most other leading energy drink brands at +/- $2 a can. Very competitive in that aspect.

Side Effects

no effects.

Conclusion

I decided to step out and give something new a try and it reminded me of why I strayed away from them in the 1st place. I hope this review comes off as honest and not too harsh. Maybe the other flavors people rave about would change my perception on this but from what I took away from this experience I just would buy these again. Thanks to VPX for sending these out looking forward to your future involvement
    • Sour Heads: 4/10

June 30, 2016

• Wish Effects Lasted Longer
    • Prop Blend

Big thank you to VPX for sending these out to the TROOPERs! I received a case of Bang in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.

As the title says I love energy drinks. I tend to use them on days off from the gym when I need a pick me up. I also use them when I drive, as in the summer I'm doing a 4 hour each way trip back and forth from our cabin most every weekend. To me there's just something immensely satisfying about drinking a nice cold, delicious energy drink. My normal go to is the Monster Absolute Zero but even the big can isn't quite enough stims for me anymore (I think it comes in at like 225mg). I was excited to try Bang when I saw it was geared more towards supplement users rather than the general public.

I love that Bang is calorie free! Any energy drink I use has got to be calorie free or very close to it. I really like that at 300mg the caffeine is higher than your average energy drink. For those of us stim junkies who love pre workouts and have been using them for years you've got to get at least that much to feel it. Other than that you get some BCAAs which is cool, but I don't see how there could be anywhere near an effective dose. The other unique thing in Bang is the SUPER CREATINE (assuming that is creatine that comes with a cape). I kid, but the form is Creatyl-L-Leucine, or basically creatine bonded to Leucine. So I had never heard of this particular ingredient before and I queried the rep about it. Here's what he said:

"The creatine in there is actually something very special...it is the world's only water stable creatine. It is Creatine-Leucine peptide. Think of this...if you mix creatine in water, it sinks and if you mix leucine in water, it floats....if you combine the two into a peptide, it creates a water soluble and water-stable form of creatine. It also has a fatty acid chain that makes it easier to cross the blood brain barrier. The focus of the super creatine is not for muscle function, but for cognition...by combining this form of creatine with caffeine, it works synergistically for mental focus." - Petey7408

I did give it a google but couldn't really find much on it myself. Honestly, I didn't try that hard.

I was very curious to know how much BCAA and creatine Bang contains but the rep was not able to answer that question. I guess the secret of the proprietary blend goes all the way to the top of the company and he was not privy to that information. This does annoy me, but it's an energy drink primarily, not a BCAA or Creatine so it's not a big deal to me really. The creatine and BCAAs are just like the cherry on top of an already delicious product.

These are RTDs so they're super convenient. I like not having to mix powder sometimes. Simply put these taste great. I like my energy drinks on the less sweet side so I requested, and received, Sour Heads flavor. I loved it! It was indeed, not too sweet and I loved drinking every single can. I also picked up a couple of the other flavors to try (Star Blast and Lemon Drop) out and you can see my ratings on those at the bottom. Star Blast was too sweet for me but the Lemon Drop was really good. I want to try all the other flavors now. That's another great thing they've done is branch out into some really cool flavors and made a nice variety for the consumer instead of just the same old fruit punch and blue razz. Dosing was easy; just guzzle down a can!

As an energy drink these are great. They gave me a solid boost of energy for 2-3 hours and I didn't crash. The first hour I definitely noticed an increase in focus. It was more noticeable than just a caffeine pill so I assume it was the Super Creatine having an effect. The only thing I wish it that it would have lasted longer because although the energy remained the focus wore off in less than an hour usually.

These are also marketed as a pre workout. I did not try one pre workout because I knew it just wouldn't be enough. I want my endurance and pumps and really strong energy (using a 1/2 scoop of Finaflex Stimul8 combined with a more low stim pump based pre workout right now and LOVING IT) for my workouts. I could see using Bang in a pinch but there's no way it could ever replace a true pre workout for me.

These guys run about $2 a pop which is on par or actually cheaper than a lot of competitors. They're a great deal; enough said!

Side Effects

An extreme wish I could drink more than 1 can at a time because it tastes so good.

Conclusion

I love that I can have a zero cal energy drink that tastes great and provides a little bit of BCAAs and creatine to boot. I'll be purchasing these regularly and would recommend them to anyone who enjoys a higher stim option in their energy drink. I think VPX did a great job targeting supplement users with this product instead of trying to make a mass market product for the gas station counter like so many others. I appreciate that!

Thanks for reading!
    • Sour Heads: 10/10
    • Lemon Drop: 8/10
    • Star Blast: 7/10

Overall
    Overall
    9.4
    9.5
    9.2
      June 27, 2016

• Under-dosed Ingredients
    Just want to start off by saying that this actually wasn't the first time I've consumed BANG before, but it was the first time I experimented with replacing a pre-workout with one. Thanks to VPX for allowing the TROOPs to give this a try.

Ingredient Profile: (9/10)

Let me preface this by saying that I went in not taking much stock in VPX's claims when it comes to creatine and leucine in this product. It is most likely in such extremely negligible amounts that it won't have much of an effect. Caffeine is the highest dosed ingredient beside carbonated water, citric acid and flavorings, and it sits at 300mg. Way down the list after is creatine, so you can do the math there. However, all I'm really looking for in an energy drink is a boost of energy and alertness, which 300mg of caffeine is almost guaranteed to do.

Taste: (10/10)

This is for the Lemon Drop flavor. I absolutely LOVE drinking this. If I could have more than one of this without my heart exploding, I would because I enjoy the flavor so much. It's basically like drinking a Sprite/Sierra Mist except with caffeine and none of the empty calories. It's also somewhat refreshing in a weird way, despite the buttload of carbonation...just awesome. I've had some of the other flavors as well, but Lemon Drop is the best in my opinion.

Effectiveness: (9.5/10)

Energy drinks are supposed to give you, well...energy! And BANG does just that. The original formula had 357mg of caffeine but VPX recently toned it down to 300mg and I still find it just as effective. Whether it was during the middle of a 13 hour shift at work or right before a workout, BANG helped give me that kick in the ass that I needed to finish whatever I needed to get done. The fact that this can be multi-purpose is a big plus in my book. I always ended up feeling more alert and awake when I had one of these. It gets the job done, plain and simple.

Value: (9.2/10)

I found this as low as $23.55 for a case of 12 on Amazon for certain flavors, working out to $1.96 per can. This is right in line with other energy drinks on the market and for the clearly superior product in its category (in my opinion) this is a great deal. I wouldn't hesitate to spend that on a case of this, and I've often seen it on special deals as well. Well worth a try, even if you get just a single can.

Overall: (9.4/10)

What more can I say? I really don't think there's a better energy drink on the market. Energy, taste and value are all top-notch and I don't think it's really even close. VPX hit a home run with BANG and the pre-workout powder version looks very intriguing as well. For anyone who may be looking to a pick-me-up to get them through their shift at work or even a pre-workout alternative, I highly recommend BANG.
    • Lemon Drop: 10/10