(Better than 48% in Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA)

Amino Rush is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by VPX. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

Overall
Overall
(SR paid for product; VPX did not participate)
  July 5, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decreased DOMs
  • Better Recovery

A BCAA product with a good dosage at a pretty reasonable price.

What is going on guys? I have a BCAA review for you today from the people over at VPX Sports. I claimed this product because of the appealing 7.5g dosage of BCAAs. I'd like to thank SR for making this review possible! Let's get right into it shall we.

Serving Size: 1 Scoop
    Glycine 3000 mg
    Sodium (as Sodium Chloride) 16 mg 1%
    Potassium (as Potassium Citrate Monohydrate) 82 mg 2%

Branched Chain Amino Acids 2:2:1 7500 mg

L-Leucyl-L-Isoleucine Dipeptide (Patent Pending)

Branched Chain Amino Acids 2:2:1
    (L-Leucine 3000 mg, L-Isoleuchine 3000 mg, L-Valine 1500 mg)

3,000mg Glycine

The main thing to look at here is the 2:2:1 ratio of BCAA's that includes 3g of Leucine, 3g of Isoleucine, 1.5g of Valine and 3g of Glycine. Leucine, Isoleucine, and valine are the prototypical amino acids that are most commonly associated with protein synthesis. The 2:2:1 ratio is also the most widespread accepted ratio used by companies in the industry. I love the dosage here. It's significantly higher than the traditional 5g dosage that you see on most BCAA supplements on the shelf. Glycine plays a role in recovery, reducing fatigue, and promoting muscle growth. The tub also contains mTor/Glut4 bio-synergistic 'sizzle' to load up your guns and get you even more ready for the gym. The main takeaway I get from the label is the large amount of BCAAs included in the product. This is what really matters the most in my eyes.

Taste: Black Cherry Vanilla- you gotta like cherry to like this flavor. I was a big fan of it as it wasn't too sweet or tart.

Mixibility: Never had any issues mixing in a standard shaker bottle or a gallon jug.

Dosage: They recommend 2-3 servings per day even on non training days for best results so I consumed 1 serving in the morning in 30 ounces of water and then another serving in a far less amount of water during my workout.

DOMs: Two servings was effective at decreasing my DOMs quite noticeably. I was struggling with muscle soreness after work and a tough workout and I saw a good difference while using this product. Were my DOMs completely gone? No, however, they decreased a very good amount compared to what I was used to.

Muscle Building: I've never had a great handle on this part (I feel the same way about whey protein). I want to believe that this product encouraged an anabolic environment and helped me build muscle but I really have no evidence to be sure. At the very least it was a placebo that made me believe that it was helping me 'get swole'.

'Increase in Strength': The product claims to aid in strength gains and I really can't say that this product helped me increase my strength as my PRs didn't really increase while using this product.

Overall Recovery: I felt fresher and better recovered while using this product! This is really what I'm looking for when using a BCAA product. My stamina the following day after a brutal workout felt improved and I just felt like my body's overall recovery time was accelerated.

The version shown in the picture on this website is 28 servings and is being sold for $22.45 on illpumpyouup.com. The version I received with 30 servings can be found for $24.95 on a1supplements.com. This comes out to about 83 cents per serving and at 7.5g of BCAAs a pop I feel like this is a good but not the very best deal out there.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I really like the 7.5g of BCAAs per serving and the flavor in this product, but just wish the price was a little bit cheaper. Overall, a solid product.

Advertisement: