6.6

(Better than 8% in Pre-Workout > Pump)

Vasogen® Powder is a Pump Product manufactured by VMI Sports. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

Pre-Workout > Pump

August 1, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Interesting Flavor
  • Increased Pump At Two Scoops
  • Improved Vascularity At Two Scoops
  • Prop Blend
  • Expensive At Two Scoop Dosages
  • Under Dosed Ingredients
  • Low Benefits

I want to kick this off with a huge thank you to both the Trooper Program here at SR & VMI Sports for supplying me with a full container of Vasogen!

VMI Sports Vasogen is a Non-Stim Pump based pre-workout, designed to increase Nitric Oxide production which we can all thank for the insane vscularity and muscle pumps we love so much. Vasogen, while unfortunately utilizing a proprietary blend, is an extremely simply designed product, utilizing only 6 ingredients in it's "Swell Matrix Blend". I used Vasogen both on it's own & mixed in with a pre-workout, on both low & high carb days to really see how well this product performs under all scenarios, and found myself really disappointed after a few days using a single serving at how little the product actually helped. It wasn't until I bumped up to two scoops that I saw a noticeable increase in pump and muscular endurance, which turned this 30 serving tub into less than half of that after a few days of use. Those two scoops though played no games, and after just a few warm up sets my pump hit hard & kept me full until well after my workout ended.

What makes up this "Swell Matrix Blend" exactly? Let's find out.

Before we reach our proprietary blend, let's breakdown all above it:

Calories: 4
Carbohydrates: 1g
Niacin (Vitamin B3) (As Niacinamide): 10mg
Chloride: 61mg
Sodium: 39mg
L-Taurine: 2g

Before we even get to the actual pump matrix, Vasogen is supplying us with both Chloride & Sodium, which are both good sources of electrolytes. Don't let that scare you away! Just keep your daily water intake high as you should and let the Sodium do it's thing. Now we dig into the "Pump Matrix", a 1.15g total prop blend consisting of six ingredients. Kicking it off is both Hawthorn & Schizandra Berry Powder. Both are natural herbs which have been shown to increase Nitric Oxide, but Schizandra playing a bigger role in cognitive function. Theobromine is a close relative to caffeine, but doesn't ignite the nervous system quite like caffeine does, playing a bigger role in Nitric Oxide production. The final three ingredients are Agmapure (Agmatine Sulfate), Pine Bark Extract, and ViNitroX, which is a combination of Grape and Apple Polyphenols. Every ingredient in this matrix is designed to give you the most wicked pump possible, with a few showing a lending hand in focus & energy. Did it have to be a proprietary blend though?!

At both the single serving and two scoop servings, Vasogen tastes really good. I was supplied with the cleverly named Hawaiian Pump which I enjoyed sipping on during my drive to the gym. There were a few cases of some powder being left behind after drinking it, but that only happened with one of my shaker bottles. I used it twice with this product and both times found that, but never found any lingering powder with any other of my bottles. Just as a test, I mixed one scoop of Vasogen in a standard glass and mixed it with a spoon in which everything blended perfectly together.

Dosing is one of the biggest downfalls with this product, a single scoop is giving you only a total of 1.15g of actual pump ingredients. Yes you're getting the dose of Sodium & Chloride with that, but there really isn't much going on here. It's a relatively small scoop and there was such a big difference when bumping up to two scoops, it makes me wonder why this isn't dosed higher. The potential is right there & I really love the contents but there just isn't enough in here to warrant using a single scoop.

For the first few days of using Vasogen by itself, I didn't really notice any improvements in my pump. I would warm up as I always do, pushing as much blood & nutrients as I can into the working muscle group, but nothing really wowed me. I had a decent little pump from the warm ups but much like I always have to when not using a pump product, I really had to keep the rest times short to make sure I stayed full. It wasn't until I bumped it up to two scoops where I saw a huge improvement, and I really began enjoying Vasogen from that moment on. Man did the pump come on quick, right in the middle of those warm up sets I could feel the blood rushing through my body and filling up the target muscle group without really forcing it. Vascularity increased shortly after and by the time I finished my first exercise, I was as full as I could be. I trained with both short and long rest times to test how long I could keep the pump up, and no matter if it was 45 seconds or 4 minutes, I never once felt the need to pump back up as I did without using the product. I will say that some days it took a little longer to kick it than other, which was to be expected, but on a few occasions it took almost an hour after drinking it to really feel the pump kick in. There's so many factors contributing to that though, I can't blame the product for that, but I feel the need to mention it.

It took some digging, but I found a 30 Serving of Vasogen for $29.99 through IllPumpYouUp, which is a huge difference from VMI's asking price of $42.99. After doing some research into the most popular Non-Stim pump products, Vasogen falls on the pricey side. There's a lot of other brands packing bigger formulas with more promising ingredients around the same price as the cheapest retailer for Vasogen, but again, if everyone had the same experience I had and needs two scoops of this stuff, you're paying $30 for 15 days worth, which doesn't sound too exciting. I've personally used stronger pump products for less money, but quality is going to change from person to person so if you have $30 burning a hole in your product, try it out.

Side Effects

No side effects noticed while using Vasogen.

Conclusion

At the end of the day, Vasogen is a good Pump product, at double the recommended serving. I understand that everybody is different and there's a lot of people who could benefit from the single serving, but to go from no difference in my pump to a drastic increase in blood flow by simply increasing by a scoop, is a big deal. Especially when it cuts itself from a month supply, to fifteen days worth of product. There's a ton of room for improvement by VMI, who says the product works best when combined with their Creatine and Pre-Workout, but that doesn't help anyone who's just looking for an overall good increase in their muscular pump. In my opinion, cut out the proprietary blends, up the dosing significantly and if that's all done well, the price might justify the product. Until then, it's just not really worth all that much as it stands.

I just want to thank the SR.com Trooper Program & VMI Sports once again for sending me the product!
  • Hawaiian Pump : 8/10

Other Prices:
VMI Sports   $39.99

March 24, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Interesting Flavor
  • Innovative Formula
  • Nice Name
  • Prop Blend
  • Expensive At Two Scoop Dosages

I would like to apologize to VMI Sports for taking so long to review Vasogen. I greatly appreciate you guys letting me try it out and hope the review was worth the wait. On another note, I've decided to cut back my typically lengthy ingredient profile reviews and this will be my first review with that revision in place.

Vasogen uses something of a unique profile in that it includes a few commonly found ingredients in pump pre-workouts and a few novel ingredients. L-Taurine, an amino acid that has shown promise in helping promote increased blood flow, is included at an efficacious dose of 2 grams. 2 grams is actually the maximum of the efficacious dose range (500mg-2g) so I was impressed. Next up is a wide-ranging but relatively small proprietary blend of Hawthorne Berry Powder, Schizandra Berry Powder, Theobromine, Agmatine, Pine Bark Extract (Standardized for a minimum of 95% proanthrocyanidins), and Grape and Apple polyphenols. Hawthorne Berry Extract has been traditionally used to help promote cardiovascular health and may help dilate blood vessels. I wasn't able to find any efficacious dose range nor nail down any concrete evidence it actually works. Schizandra Berry Powder was shown to increase serum nitric oxide in one study and is mostly used as an adaptogen for reducing cortisol. A recommended dose is between 1-3 grams. Theobromine is an alkaloid from the cacao plant that acts similarly to caffeine and is also a vasodilator. A recommended dose is 500mg-1 gram or less if also ingesting caffeine since they are synergistic. Agmatine is an aminoguanidine that has been shown to elevate nitric oxide levels and a typical recommended dose is 500mg-1 gram. I like that VMI used the patented AgmaPure Agmatine Sulfate form. Pine Bark Extract has shown promise in elevating nitric oxide levels especially in the Pycogenol formulation which is standardized to 65-75% proanthrocyanidins. A typical recommended dose is 100-200mg. Polyphenols are antioxidants and the ones found in Apple and Grape skins have many benefits including blood vessel dilation. I couldn't really find an exact dose range for either since it is very much dependent on the polyphenols extracted, the fruit source, the purpose for supplementation, etc., however I did see that most dedicated polyphenol supplements are dosed around 500mg-1 gram.

This sort of feels like a kitchen sink approach. There's a bunch of different extracts that despite showing promise aren't necessarily great at helping us get the legendary pump. There's also the trusted Agmatine and L-Taurine and recognizable Theobromine and Schizandra Berry Powder. Still, almost all (if not all) are significantly underdosed. The entire blend is only 1.15 grams. That's just enough room to efficaciously dose Agmatine, Theobromine, and Pine Bark Extract on the low end. Even at 2 scoops, this is still an underdosed blend. I would have much preferred VMI focus on staples like GMS, Agmatine, L-Citrulline and dose them properly than try to reinvent the wheel here.

I received the the Hawaiian Hurricane flavor which tasted kind of like a tropical punch. It was ok, nothing amazing but it wasn't like I had to choke it down either. The raw ingredients were a bit tart and gritty so that affected the taste a bit so while it was somewhat understandable it was also not delicious. Mixability was also just ok. There was a little grit at the bottom of my shaker cup each time and it didn't seem to change in different levels of water. It did not affect the taste insomuch that there were chunks or balls of powder to choke down but it was noticeable that there was some grittiness in the solution. I started out dosing this at 1 scoop on workouts when I did not need a lot of caffeine - usually late at night or after work on days when I downed a lot of free coffee (we got a new nitro cold brew machine so this was a common occurrence for a few weeks). Eventually, I moved to 1.5 and 2 scoops to see if there was any difference in effectiveness. I always took this on an empty or near empty stomach.

6.5/10
I did not notice much at 1 scoop. I would get a pump, especially when doing arms, but it was nothing mind-blowing. I would never call it "skin-splitting" or any of those hype terms. I was starting to try out some higher rep ranges so I would have expected some ridiculous pumps but instead I got something similar to the pump you just barely manage to get when you're dragging yourself to the gym and going through the motions for maintenance. Similarly, I didn't notice much of a difference in vascularity. This didn't change at 1.5 scoops. At 2 scoops, I noticed a little more in terms of results. The pumps were objectively better but nothing special. I would compare them to pumps I have gotten with most properly dosed classically formulated (stims and pump promoters) pre-workouts. Yet that is disappointing to me because this is supposed be a pump-focused pre-workout. The pumps should be amazing. They should blow the pumps you get from those more traditional pre-workouts out of the water; they did no such thing. Oddly enough, I still didn't notice much in the terms of increased vascularity - even at 2 scoops. I usually see an improvement with most of the traditional pre-workouts so this was a bit odd for me.

I have had some amazing experiences with pump-based pre-workouts so I can subjectively compare the effectiveness (i.e. pumps) at 1 and 2 scoops with my best experiences. If my best experiences provided me with pumps that I would call a 10/10 then I would put 1 scoop of Vasogen at a 5 and 2 scoops at a 7. When I talk about 10/10 pumps those are pumps where it hurts to continue lifting, my arms blow up, all sorts of veins pop, and there's some difficulty taking off a shirt. I wouldn't expect anything similar to that with this.

I found Vasogen powder for $30 for 30 servings on Amazon Prime. That's a flat $1/serving (scoop). Now, $1 for 1 serving of a decent pump-preworkout is not a bad deal. There are cheaper options out there but I wouldn't be opposed to paying $1 for a scoop of a properly dosed pump-preworkout that worked. Since this meets neither of those criteria I find it hard to justify the price. Even at a more expensive dosing of 2 scoops this did not provide results worth the cost. I'm sure the wide range of ingredients make this a bit more expensive to produce than a product like Noxygen but it has to work at least equally as well to justify any significant difference in pricing - if not then what's the point? I give this a 6/10 because it isn't completely useless and the price isn't terrible for the category but the lack of effectiveness and seemingly poorly designed ingredient panel do some damage to the rating.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

6.5/10
Ultimately, this is just an ok product. It was valiant entry in the pump-based pre-workout category but I'd suggest VMI go back to the drawing board on this one. I wouldn't recommend this to a friend unless it was on some ridiculous sale and even then I'd probably still caution against it. I came to a 6.5 rating after averaging the Value, Ingredient Profile, and Effectiveness sections. Usually I would factor in a less than perfect score for the Taste/Mixability/Dosing section but given the wide range of raw ingredients and their inherent characteristics (i.e. tartness, bitterness, etc.) I am giving it somewhat of a pass - to be consistent and fair I would have given any other supplement like this a pass if I was impressed by the effectiveness.

Other Prices:
VMI Sports   $39.99

9.5
  March 19, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Solid Pumps
  • Improved Vascularity
    **Introduction**

I want to Thank VMI Sports for the awesome experience of running a full tub of Vasogen. Also VMI deserves a Huge apology from me on the delay, I am very sorry. Most of my reviews in the coming days will contain an apology as I mentioned in another review, but these will soon be a thing of the past. I used Vasogen mostly as a stand-alone pre-workout in for my late workouts: anytime I worked out between the following time frames 6:30pm - 10:30pm

**Ingredient Profile**
    Yes, VMI has chosen to go with a prop bled for Vasogen. Personally I would have preferred if they were fully transparent with the label as this has become the Industry norm. However for ME if the product works then I don't care if it is a prop blend.

If you have questions regarding any other ingredients please refer to either gervs11 or Firefighters reviews. There are some ingredients that stood out to me and some I hadn't had any experience with before Vasogen and how I feel worked and helped me get a MAJOR Pump! ++ MAJOR MASS++ VMI's new product.

Hawthorne Berry Powder - This has many benefits, most of them related to cardiovascular health. Now I am reviewing a Pump type pre-workout, does Hawthorne berry help me achieve a pump? Yes, it has been shown to expand blood vessels and allow the blood circulate more efficiently.

Schizandra Berry Powder - This ingredient was very new to me. But after doing some research I learned that it is also a very interesting berry. It can help lower inflammation, help digestive health and help deal with stress. The studies also show that Schizandra helps with controlling the overproduction of cortisol and thus helping the physical body as well as the mind.

AgmaPure - I have previously reviewed VMI's AgmaPure and I really enjoyed the stand-alone version. I feel like there might not be enough in this product to make it shine like it does on its own. But a good addition nonetheless. AgamPure helps with increasing blood flow and NO production.

I have linked my review below:

**Taste/Mixability/Dosing**
    Talk about a tasty drink Hawaiian Pump was amazing, and was refreshing and not overly sweet. I dosed Vasogen as directed, 1 scoop (most of the time) 15-30 min before a workout. Mixability was good, it did have some foaming and some powder that didn't dissolve, and this did not affect me at all.

**Effectiveness & Side Effects**
    My experience with Vasogen was great. I am about 215lbs and one scoop was fine, I did however try 1.5 and 2 scoops on certain days. I was working a full time job and a part time job, this called for really long stressful days. On some of these days I would use either 1.5 or 2 scoops, I did this because with all the stress and just fatigued mind I thought it would help me obtain a better mind muscle connection (one thing to notice is my last meal before the gym was about 6hr). I noticed that I could get the same great pump without having to use more than one scoop if I ate some carbs (sliced bread, dried fruit, etc.) on my way to the gym from work (40 min drive). Moral of the story is, eat some carbs before your workout if you want a better pump.

Ok. Now my workouts consist of Compound movement, my rep range would start off high 10-15 and as the weights got heavier the rep range would change from 8-5. Now it's Not impossible to get a pump in the lower rep ranges but to do so you do need to slow the movement down quite a bit. With Vasogen all rep ranges feel like I was doing 20-25 reps. Now on my accessory work I would 3-4 set all with a rep range of 12-15.

I also wanted to note that, I noticed increase vascularity during my workouts and even some time after working out. I am not very vascular man but Vasogen certainly did help make some vains pop in the fore arms, shoulders and even on my legs.

I really did enjoy running Vasogen, I will be ordering the Blueberry Razz flavor as I was also given a sample and it was also damn tasty.

**Value & Conclusion**

I feel like Vasogen is a good value at one scoop. It can get expensive if you go above this, now if your nutrition is good and you incorporate carbs before a workout One scoop is where it is at. This is how I plan to use the new tub I am ordering and I know I will have another great experience.
    • Hawaiian Pump : 8/10

Overall
    Overall
    4.5
    4.5
    4.3
      October 15, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Interesting Flavor
    • Quality Ingredients
    • Works With VMI K-XR
    • Prop Blend
    • Expensive At Two Scoop Dosages
    • Under Dosed Ingredients
    • Low Pump
    • Low Vascularity
    • Filler Ingredients
    I'd like to thank VMISPORTS for the opportunity to review Vasogen through the Trooper program. I'll start by saying that I am not as well versed in pump products as I am in stimulant and performance based products. I have used a couple like Hemavol (years ago), Vasky and straight Citrulline. To be honest, I have never really found a pump product to deliver any noticeable effects that I would not have experienced without them That being said, I went into this trial with an open mind and hopeful attitude that they would be the one for me.

The product starts with a few ingredients to help with fluid balance and replacement.

Niacin (B3 as Niacinamide): 10mg
    Chloride: 61mg
    Sodium: 39mg
    L-Taurine: 2g

Then there is the Vasogen Swell Matrix Blend, which unfortunately, is wrapped up in a 1.15g proprietary blend. It includes the following:

Hawthorn Berry Powder: It is used to regulate blood pressure and it is a safe way to counteract any supplements that may cause high blood pressure. It does this through vasodilation.

Schizandra Berry Powder: Helps with the body's ability to fight stress. It has shown benefits for energy, cognitive function and mood.

Theobromine: Like caffeine, it can provide intensity to a workout but without affecting the Central Nervous System. It has also been linked to better NO productions, so better pumps.

AgmaPure (agmatine Sulfate): A patented form of agmatine sulfate, this pump inducing ingredient improves blood flow for better pumps while also providing some nootropic (mood enhancing) effects.
    Pine Bark Extract(std. min. 95% Proanthocyanidins): Can help increase the endurance and performance yield in the gym by increasing the amount of oxygen in the muscle and by dilating the blood vessels.

ViNitrox (Grape and apple polyphenols): Also added to help with blood flow and to increase nitric oxide levels in the muscles.

Based on the ingredient list, there are some really effective things in here. It is just too bad that their amount are kept from us. That, along with the fact that the blend is only 1.15g, I would say that it is pretty dispointing. I would like to see 1g of agmatine alone.

Taste: I have the Blueberry Razz flavour, with the picture of blue raspberries and coconuts. I mention the picture because the taste is overwhelmingly that of coconuts. There is a hint of fruitiness but it is hidden behind the coconut and slight chemical taste. It is not a bad flavour and =I never once struggled to drink it, but it is not in my top contenders. I'd say maybe about middle of the pack.

Mixability: I did not experience any issues with the way the product dissolved in water. Sometimes, there was some granulation left at the bottom of the shaker cup, but that could be due to not mixing thoroughly enough. Usually, a couple of shakes did the trick.

Dosing: 6.68g per serving. I did not wish to take out the small scale to measure out the . grams so usually I would just use a full scoop, which I measured out to be 6g. At one serving, the container lasts 30 days, but really, I think that you would need at least 2 scoops to see any desirable effects. That brings the total down to 15 days worth. In my opinion, that is simply not enough.

This is the area of the product that I am the most disappointed in. It is also the most important. For me, I never experienced any changes, benefits, or effects from Vasogen. I tired taking it with carbs, without carbs, with more carbs, with protein, with protein and carbs, and it never really made a difference. I used it consistently throughout the 30 days, no matter which body part I was hitting and I can't say that I ever felt any effects from the product. On a couple of occasions, on arm days, I included 2 scoops to see if I could feel anything, and again, I felt nothing more than usual. This was disappointing, as the ingredients present in the profile are quality ingredients, but the doses just might not be high enough. It is also possible that the product just did not work well for me. As I stated earlier, I never really experienced success with a pump product. So you should keep that in mind.

The cheapest I could find this product listed at is $29.95. That is right around the same price as other pump products, so it is competitive. But there are others out there at a lower cost with really good reviews like MTS Vasty, which goes for $20. You then need to consider the fact that you will probably want to consume 2 scoops of this at a time, with brings it down to 15 servings, making the value a lot less favourable. So you would have to decide whether or not the price is worth it for you.

----Side Effects--
    I did not experience any side effects with this product. Unfortunately, not even positive ones.

Conclusion

I think that VMI is on the right track with Vasogen. They are good quality ingredients set to help out with a fuller pump. If only we could see the dosage upped and the proprietary blend gone, it might be a product worth considering. But as it stands now, I don't think that Vasogen is a product that I would be willing to spend my money on. It is just not worth it for me.
    • Blueberry Razz: 7/10

5.5
      September 20, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Interesting Flavor
    • Works With VMI K-XR
    • Innovative Formula
    • Nice Name
    • Low Benefits
    • Low Vascularity
    • Low Pump

INTRODUCTION

What's up SupplementReviews. It's time to review Vasogen powder version from the brand VMI Sports Nutrition. Thanks to them for participating in the SR TROOP program and to SupplementReviews for making this connection possible. Thank you for the samples added. My weight right now is 200 pounds, I'm bulking right now and my body fat is moderately high. But I still get to have Pumps and Vascularity, I don't expect great results on those two areas (especially Vascularity) because of what I mentioned but I expect some good results. My lifts are usually aimed for increased strength (which is why I'm bulking) but I also train for the other areas (endurance, high reps, supersets, etc). Training 5 days a week for +2 hours allows me to try several methods separately or together.

I didn't use VMI Vasogen powder everyday, which is why I took a bit longer to finish this. It's very strange that a product here at Supplement Reviews reaches a 9 and even less a 10. And when it does, we are all eager to try it. Vasogen powder received a 10 of effectiveness and 9.5 overall by a respectable user here so I guess we all wanted to see what the hype was all about. Btw, VMI Vasogen will not only be judged by the Pump and Vascularity. Like I said in my Insane Veinz review, "judging the Pump and Vascularity would be an INCOMPLETE way of judging products like this. It's all about getting most of the benefits Nitric Oxide can give us and they are way more than just getting Pump and Vascularity". Knowing this, let's see how it worked...

INGREDIENT PROFILE

Lot of users before me have already explained the ingredients one by one so I won't do it again. I like that VMI went to a different path to try and deliver results. They didn't go with the typical Citrulline, Hydromax, Arginine, Nitrates, etc formula. They used several herbs, Agmapure, Theobromine and Taurine. They did something similar with their preworkout (VMI K-XR) where they used Beta-Alanine, Theobromine and Taurine as their ingredients for Pump. It was dissapointing (like expected). But here they used better ingredients IMO because of the Agmatine. This is probably the main ingredient in this formula so it was important for me to know how much Agmatine I'm taking, unfortunately they decided to hide it in a Proprietary Blend (unlike Insane Veinz).

Overall, even with the Proprietary Blend, I was expecting good results, I trusted this formula before requesting the product. Let's see if it worked...

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

Stop being so anxious, you will have to wait a bit for the Effectiveness section. I requested the "Pineapple Passion Fruit" flavor but I received the Hawaiian Pump flavor. No problem with that. The taste of the powder without water was amazing. I thought with water it would become perfect but I was dissapointed. The taste with water went from "amazing" to "okay". Sometimes I wanted to take it without water lol, I think next time I will, maybe it will increase the effectiveness that way hahaha!

Mixability was okay, considering the herbs used, you will feel some of the powder.

DOSING: I took 1 scoop and combined it with my preworkout (UXO Preworkout V2). I tried it several ways. Sometimes I would take my preworkout first and then 10 minutes before starting I would take Vasogen. And sometimes I would just mix both powders together. Both ways provided the same results. Reading other reviews, I see almost all the users had to use 2 scoops to see the results they wanted. I never took 2 scoops because I was combining it with my preworkout so I didn't see any need to use 2 scoops. I was already taking 6g Citrulline Malate, 3g Arginine HCL, 2g Betaine + 1 scoop of Vasogen.

Damn, I told myself before starting the review that I was going to try to make this short but I'm failing lol.

EFFECTIVENESS

Keep it short, keep it short! Effectiveness was "Meh". I was very dissapointed with the results. Pump and Vascularity were moderate/low. I thought Vasogen was going to make UXO Preworkout V2 become a beast on the Pump/Vascularity area but nope, it failed, not completely but still failed. I don't know if it's because my preworkout had Citrulline and Arginine and the Agmatine might be incompatible with them. After the first days of failure, I thought it would then improve the other areas to judge: Improved endurance, reduced fatigue, faster recovery between sets, etc. But it also failed because I didn't feel any additional benefit, the benefits were coming from my preworkout, NOT the Vasogen.

I decided to give it a 5.5 because I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and consider that one of the reasons it failed was because of the combination between Citrulline, Arginine and Agmatine. I've tried Citrulline + Agmatine before and it has worked but not Citrulline, Arginine and Agmatine. I gave a serving to 2 friends to see if it worked on them and the results were not positive. No increased Pump/Vascularity, maybe slightly but that might have been placebo.

The interesting part is that VMI sent me a few samples of VMI K-XR (like 3 or 4 samples). I already tried that preworkout so I stayed with 1 sample (the flavor I didn't try before) and gave the other samples to my friends. Btw, the best flavor of K-XR is definitely Blueberry Raz. When we combined VMI K-XR with VMI Vasogen, the results were improved. Nothing extraordinary but we could see some moderate and solid Pump/Vascularity, something like a 7 of effectiveness. But we could only try it once because we had only 1 sample each so take that into account. Another user here reported benefits of taking K-XR and Vasogen together so apparently they work well together. This is also another reason I increased Effectiveness to 5.5.

VALUE

Amazon has this for $29.99, Suppz for $32.95, M&S for $38.99, AllStarHealth from $32 and up (There's only 1 that expires in November for $12.40), TigerFitness for $41, A1Supplements for $37.95, DPSNutrition for $36.99, their own website for $39.99. Based on the ingredients and effectiveness, it's too expensive. Based on effectiveness, I would only pay $20 for this. And if I want to think about its fair value, then $25. I wouldn't pay more than that for this. If they increase the Agmatine and get this to work with 1 scoop, then $29.99 would be fair.

SIDE EFFECTS

CONCLUSION

Interesting formula but with low results. I decided to give it a 6 overall because I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, maybe the combination between Agmatine and Citrulline + Arginine was bad. I usually respond well to Agmatine but this was the exception. Low pump, low vascularity, low endurance, low everything. But considering how interesting the formula is, I want to give this another chance. If I can get it for $20, I'll give it another chance because I still can't believe it didn't work like I expected. If you can get it for $20-25, then try it, that's my suggestion.

Btw, the samples I tried of VMI Aminogex Ultra were great, the tropical Mango and Sweet Iced Tea. Nice formula and tasty flavor!

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Increase the Agmatine amount and when you do, I would like to know how much Agmatine you're putting. I respect proprietary blends, the thing is I would like to know how much you're putting of the MAIN ingredient. You will have to do something about it because most reviews here say that with 1 scoop, it was "meh", they had to increase it to 2 scoops to feel something and that's already 15 servings. Nobody is going to pay that price for 15 servings of an "ok" product.
    2. I don't know why the product is so expensive. With the price VMI Vasogen has, I can buy an elite preworkout that gives me elite energy, pump, vascularity, endurance, fatigue delay, etc, all in 1 product. So you will have to do something about it, maybe not use patented Agmatine and use a regular one so you can increase the dose without affecting the cost for you. Maybe reduce the Taurine to 1.5g and that way you will be able to increase the Agmatine without affecting the cost for you. There must be an alternative.
    • Hawaiian Pump : 7/10

Overall
    Overall
    5.9
    6.2
    4.4
      September 2, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
      • Prop Blend
      • Expensive At Two Scoop Dosages
      • Under Dosed Ingredients
      • Filler Ingredients

Thanks as always to VMI for supporting the TROOPS

First of all I need to say that I dislike prop blends, and Vasogen consists of essentially a 1.15g prop blend plus 2g taurine. At least the taurine is well dosed. As with all prop blends though, you have no idea what amounts you are getting. Within the prop blend there is the commonly used agmatine sulfate - here they are using Agmapure which is a well recognized trade product. I typically do well with a max of 1.5g agmatine - above that I tend to get what feels like lactic acid buildup, resulting in painful pumps which can be counterproductive . Theobromine is the only other component I recognize and I recall that being in a PWO I tested a while back and got good results with, though I can't pin it down to the theobromine content (though couldn't discount it either). Along with these components are a selection of herbal and fruit extracts. Hard to say if they contribute to the pump effect or not. The total prop blend weight was 1.15g. From the effect of this product, and having used agmatine a lot, my guess is there is around 0.5g in there. Some people assume that the components listed in a proper blend are listed with the highest concentration first. I have not seen any evidence to support that theory, and I am going with my guess of 0.5g agmatine. Sweet spot for me with agmatine is 1g (more later)

I had the berry breeze flavor at it was not pleasant at all. I assume the various extracts influenced the taste. It was like drinking a not pleasant fruit tea. Still, i don't mind much what PWO supplements taste like since I am chugging them anyway. That said, much easier to take a pump product along with your PWO if its in capsule form.

Didn't get much at all of a pump at 1 scoop, so i upped it to 2 scoops and it did work (which is why I think there is 0.5g agmatine per scoop). Like all other pump products, I only took it on arm day, since its very hard to judge the effectiveness on other body parts. I always took it with a PWO, in this case PreJym or Loaded by Pumped Sports.

Here is the big problem. I am OK with a $1 per serving for a good pump product, like Beldt's VASST (now discontinued) or Ronnies Stacked NO (actually you can get that for under $1/serving), but at 2 scoops, that makes it $2 per workout for Vasogen, in addition to the PWO. Thats not good math.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Unfortunately, Vasogen is a meh pump product that costs about 2x the price of the best pump products on the market, so I can't recommend it.
      • Mali-Blu Berry Breeze: 2/10

Overall
      Overall
      6.4
      5.3
        August 31, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Improved Vascularity
      • Solid Pumps
      • Prop Blend
      • Expensive At Two Scoop Dosages
      • Under Dosed Ingredients
      Thanks to VMI for sending out their Vasogen stimulant-free powder for us all to try and review. They also sent a very nice assortment of samples of all of their other offerings, which was very cool and totally not necessary for them to go out of their way and do. Thanks again!

Vasogen doesn't look terrible on paper, but it also doesn't blow you away. A nice mix of herbs along with my personal favorite, Agmatine (in the trademarked Agmapure form, no less). However, I think the doses may be on the lower side as the entire blend 6 ingredients with only 1.15 grams per scoop. I like Agmatine alone to be dosed at 750mg-1g, so that's what I have to say for that. Do the math.

This wasn't the best tasting product and, as expected with a product dominated by herbal ingredients, the sediment was pretty bad. The sediment wouldn't dissipate no matter how much or how vigorous of shaking was done. They sent me the Hawaiian Pump flavor, and it tasted like an herbal, watered down fruit punch. Tolerable, but not the most delicious thing to just sit around and sip on.

7.4/10

So, did this work well? It did, but for me, only when I either took 2 scoops or added it to a stimulant based pre-workout that also had pump inducing ingredients. On days that I took either 2 scoops of this or added it to something else, I had some incredibly full, dense pumps. Even doing just a few pull ups had my biceps completely swollen. More veins were popping out than I could recall in quite some time. As far as energy and endurance/recovery, I never felt a difference. However, 1 scoop on its own never really seemed to do much for me, so take that for what it's worth. I'm also currently 6'2" and 255 pounds. That leads directly into my next topic...

5.3/10

If one scoop were all it took for this to work well for me, it would be a good value. $30 for 30 servings is right at $1 per serving which is good for a pre-workout product. However, there are cheaper non-stim pre-workouts available right now. When you factor in that I took mostly 2 scoops or added it to something else, it starts to have the very distinct feeling of a luxury supplement that I would only buy if I had a ton of cash to throw around.

Conclusion

6.4/10

This product worked well for me, but only when using a double serving or adding it to another type of pre-workout product. If the dosages in this were doubled and remained the same price, you'd have a big fan. Alas, as it stands, I'm pretty neutral on Vasogen. Thanks again to VMI for sending it out.
      • Hawaiian Pump : 6/10

August 9, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Improved Vascularity
      • Solid Pumps
      • Prop Blend

A big shoutout to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending me their Vasogen to review! I am a 26 year old fireman from Ohio. My fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my job and to build muscle mass / strength. I took this supplement on days I worked out later at night because there is no caffeine.

To start there is 4 calories and 1 gram of carbs per serving which is nice and minimal. They include 2 grams of L-Taurine which helps transport nutrients and can increase nitric oxide. After this they have a proprietary blend called the Vasogen Swell Matrix Blend. I'm not the biggest fan of proprietary blends because I prefer to see the exact dose of every ingredient. The entire blend is 1.15 grams per scoop. First ingredient in the blend is Hawthorn Berry Powder which increases nitric oxide production and reduces blood pressure. Next is Schizandra Berry Powder which increases cardiac function and possible helps against cancers. Following that is Theobromine which is found naturally in cocoa is a stimulant to increase alertness. After that we have Agmapure which is their agmatine product that they also sell by itself. Agmatine increases nitric oxide improves vasodilation. I reviewed their stand alone Agmapure in the past and the product is awesome. So having them include it in the pump product was great. Getting back to the blend we have Pine Bark Extract which helps reduce inflammation and increases blood flow. And last but not least we have Vintrinox which is their own special blend of grape and apple polyphenols. According to their website is says Vintrinox improves athletic performance, decreases fatigue, and increases nitric oxide production. Their site states that the ingredient is clinically researched. That's it for the blend. Not too many ingredients but enough to make a potent supplement.

I recieved the flavor Maliblu Berry Breeze and I was very pleased. It tastes exactly like some drink you would get on vacation or at the islands, minus the alcohol of course. It mixed almost perfect everytime. There was some powder that would settle each time but it was minimal and easily blended back up with a few good shakes. The dosing is just fine at 1 scoop which is 6.68 grams. They recommend starting at 1 scoop and for heavier and intense lifters they say you can work up to 2 scoops.

I found this product to be very effective at what it's intended to do. I always used 1 scoop because it always worked for me. I didn't notice an increase in effectiveness as I used it. I took 1 scoop with about 10-12 ounces of water 15-30 minutes prior to hitting the gym. Once I got to the gym and started lifting I could tell it was starting to work. I got really good muscle pumps and a decent vascular pump. If I went high reps on my lifts the pumps really showed. I didn't notice an increase in strength or endurance at all. The pumps lasted throughout my lift and shortly after finishing up.

I found this product for 23 dollars on amazon. That breaks it down to about 76 cents per serving. Each tub contains 30 servings. Personally I find this to be a very valuable and affordable option.

Side Effects

I noticed no side effects during my usage of this product.

Conclusion

Overall I definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for a non caffeinated pump product. I had a good experience using this. It tasted awesome and gave me the results its promised. This is the second supplement I've tried from this brand and it's worked. I recommend this brand and their products. I will definitely consider using this again in the future when I am looking for a pre workout / pump product that I can take late in the day or at night. Once again thank you VMI!
      • Mali-Blu Berry Breeze: 8/10

April 14, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Solid Pumps
      • Improved Vascularity
      • Expensive At Two Scoop Dosages
      • Prop Blend
      Thank you VMI for the opportunity to review two of your products. I thank you for being part of the SR community.

Let me explain the title. We all have that one friend that leaves us hanging when we go up for a high five. Then some random dude comes from behind and gives you a high five. Now you don't feel so bad lol. I'll get into these a little more in my effectiveness section.

Another prop blend from VMI :( Is the end of prop blends near?! There are many great and complete breakdowns of the profile by other reviewers, so I won't cover every ingredient. A few ingredients did catch my eye though: hawthorn berry and vinitrox. According to VMI's website, hawthorn berry is supposed to be a vasodilator and vintitrox increases performance and endurance, boost nitric oxide levels, and delay fatigue. Nexira, the manufacturer of vintrox said on their website that in a recent study 500mg per day improves physical capabilities. However if we look at Vasogen Swell Matrix Blend, vinitrox is labeled last, which usually indicates that in the blend the amount of vinitrox is less than the other ingredients mentioned (meaning underdosed). OK, so lets say my previous sentence is wrong and each ingredient listed in the blend is dosed at equal amounts. 1150mg/6 ingredients equals roughly 191.6 mg of each ingredient (still underdosed). Another sad day for products with prop blends.

I want to thank VMI for fulfilling my flavor request. They said they would accommodate my flavor request if possible, and they did! I had requested for Tigers Blood (combined flavors of coconut, watermelon, and strawberry). I love anything with coconut. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole tub. I did receive samples of the other flavors (Hawaiian Pump and MaliBlu Berry Breeze), but Tigers Blood was hands down my favorite.

Mixability was decent. I didn't have many problems, but it did leave some settlement at the bottom. I used two scoops, only when I did not feel the need for a stim pre-workout. When I combined it with some of my favorite pre-workouts, I used one heaping scoop. I found that 20-30 minutes before my workout was the sweet spot.

Going back to my high five story in the beginning. This product is that friend that leaves you hanging for a high five, except in this case it is pumps. Then some stranger comes and makes it all better. The stranger in this case is another pre-workout. Combine this with a pre-workout, and it makes this product better.
      ONE SCOOP: For me, little change in pump and vascularity. I'm glad I tried one scoop on my deload week.

TWO SCOOPS: Pumps were there. It wasn't anything out of the world or what I've experienced from other pump products, but it did the job. Vascularity was increased; my arms were just hanging by my sides and I could very clearly see an increase in vascularity. Pumps were there but it was nothing like the "vein splitting muscle swell and pump" they advertise.

ONE SCOOP + STRANGER: I combined VMI's VasogenXT with their own pre-workout K-XR and IN DVST8, two of my top pre-workouts so far. Head over to K-XR's SR page and you'll see some of the same responses: "lack luster pumps" or "no pump". Also check out wjmathewsx's review on VasogenXT. He brought out a good point; in a comment he wrote "some products are meant to be stacked. I think this is one". I firmly believe 100% that VasogenXT was created to be stacked with either their pre-workout or one of their competitors. It was just that much better with a pre-workout. Both K-XR and DVST8 turned into better pre-workouts. The solid pump, combined with energy and focus, just was great. Not only did I feel bigger, I definitely made some small strength gains. Plus, I felt I looked bigger (or maybe I'm just full of myself).

Right now on Amazon I see it for just under $30. With 30 servings per container and some simple math, each serving is about $1. But bump that up to $2 if you decide to take 2 scoops every time. If you're solely using this and dosing it at 2 scoops I definitely feel that the product is overpriced. However if you combine it with one of your favorite pre-workouts, maybe the price is more reasonable (depending on the cost per serving on your favorite preworkout). For example, I combined this frequently with IN DVST8 White Cut. I recently purchased DVST8 for $40 at $1 per serving. So for $2 I can get a hella good workout, with great pumps, focus, and endurance. In the case, I feel the price is reasonable.

Side Effects
      None, just sides from the pre-workout used.

Conclusion
      This product was very interesting in my opinion. I do recommend the product, however I am more in between MEH to YES range. As a standalone product, I would put MEH, since two scoops were needed to be effective. However when you stacked it, I'm totally in the YES I do recommend. If you're looking to purchase the product to stack with your favorite pre-workout, definitely consider this product. But if you're not big on stims and are looking for a stim free pre-workout, I'd recommend you to look for another product.

For now SR, peace.
      • Tigers Blood: 8/10

March 13, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Solid Pumps
      • Improved Vascularity
      • Expensive At Two Scoop Dosages
      • Prop Blend
      • Under Dosed Ingredients
      • Filler Ingredients
      Hey ladies and gents!! I am here today to review another product I had the opportunity to review thanks to the great guys/gals at SR.com and VMI Sports. I have tried another one of VMI's products earlier and so when I saw Vasogen I thought it won't let me down either. The previous product, agmapure, didn't disappoint so my thought process was that this wouldn't either. I am still cutting (20lbs down), and am always looking to get a better pump in the gym. I LOVE pump products because, let's be serious, who doesn't want to look as big as possible in the gym? Who doesn't want to have veins popping at any given moment.

Prop blend warning!!! The label gives you 5 individual ingredients to start with and then throws you a curve ball with a prop blend of some ingredients that I feel should be listed inidividually. I'm cool with knowing how much sodium, taurine, and chloride are in the mix, but I would rather know how much agmatine sulfate, and theobromine are in it. The label doesn't list them so I'm not sure if there is enough of a dosage in it to get me where I want to be based on what I took when it was just agmatine sulfate by itself. I did find a couple of interesting ingredients in it that made me use my internet research skills to find out what they were in there for. I'll share below:

Hawthorne Berry Powder may help manage high cholesterol and high blood pressure. It's suppose to support the beneficial gut flora aka "good bacteria" that promotes nutrient digestion. The research shows it can calm your nerves with a touch of hawthorn berry powder in your diet. Hawthorn berries promote blood circulation throughout the body, which helps lower blood pressure and relieve tension. One study examined the effects of hawthorn supplementation on patients with generalized anxiety disorder. The study concluded that hawthorn was more effective at reducing anxiety than the placebo.

Schisandra Berry Powder- I have never seen this ingredient before so I got to reading up on it. Schisandra is a plant. The fruit is used as food and also to make medicine. Schisandra is used as an "adaptogen" for increasing resistance to disease and stress, increasing energy, and increasing physical performance and endurance. It is also used for preventing early aging and increasing lifespan; normalizing blood sugar and blood pressure; and stimulating the immune system and speeding recovery after surgery. It is also used for treating liver disease (hepatitis) and protecting the liver from poisons.

The taste is a little overbearing if you drink it by itself. Very TART. I mixed it, most of the time, with my preworkout which was also a blue raspberry flavor so it masked the taste much better. After I ran out of the preworkout I had to drink it by itself and I wasn't fond of it at all.

Mixability- It mixes well. By itself, with a PWO, it doesn't matter. No complaints on that part.

Dosing- I started with one scoop by itself. Then went to two by itself. Finally, I started mixing two scoops with my PWO with two scoops. At two scoops you are only getting 15 servings so that makes it a bit rough on the pocketbook.

----Effectiveness---

I found two scoops with my PWO did the best for me. The one scoop isn't for a 200lb+ man/woman. I tried and the pumps just weren't there. Almost felt like I hadn't taken anything and it was the "normal" gym pump. I highly recommend two scoops if you are my size or bigger. If you are under the 200 mark you may be able to get away with one scoop.

This is where it gets tricky. It's a pump product. Nothing more, nothing less. I found one site selling it for $40/30servings. I can't justify that for a pump product when there are preworkouts out there with great pump ingredients that don't cost that. The cheapest I was able to find it was $30/30 servings. If you have to take two scoops like me then it becomes pricey at $30/15 servings. That I might be able to get with if you were wanting to get a pump without the jitters of a stimulant PWO or no PWO at all. However, I would only buy it if I had extra money.

Side Effects

NONE!!!

Conclusion

In conclusion, Vasogen is a good product by itself. It can be a GREAT product when combined appropriately with a solid preworkout. I'm not sure I would ever take it by itself, but that's me. I can honestly say that if I was asked for a recommendation on a pump product I would still recommend this. I just wish I knew exactly how much agmapure is in it. It seems to be a lower dosage then I had tried before when I just took agmapure by itself. Again, a special thank you to the folks at SR.com and VMI Sports for working together to provide us with the outstanding opportunities. Keep em coming.