Ranks #75 (better than 8%)
In: Pre-Workout > Pump

VasogenXT Powder is a Pump Product manufactured by VMI Sports Nutrition. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

Pre-Workout > Pump

August 9, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Vascularity
  • Solid Pumps
  • Prop Blend

A big shoutout to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending me their Vasogen to review! I am a 26 year old fireman from Ohio. My fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my job and to build muscle mass / strength. I took this supplement on days I worked out later at night because there is no caffeine.

To start there is 4 calories and 1 gram of carbs per serving which is nice and minimal. They include 2 grams of L-Taurine which helps transport nutrients and can increase nitric oxide. After this they have a proprietary blend called the Vasogen Swell Matrix Blend. I'm not the biggest fan of proprietary blends because I prefer to see the exact dose of every ingredient. The entire blend is 1.15 grams per scoop. First ingredient in the blend is Hawthorn Berry Powder which increases nitric oxide production and reduces blood pressure. Next is Schizandra Berry Powder which increases cardiac function and possible helps against cancers. Following that is Theobromine which is found naturally in cocoa is a stimulant to increase alertness. After that we have Agmapure which is their agmatine product that they also sell by itself. Agmatine increases nitric oxide improves vasodilation. I reviewed their stand alone Agmapure in the past and the product is awesome. So having them include it in the pump product was great. Getting back to the blend we have Pine Bark Extract which helps reduce inflammation and increases blood flow. And last but not least we have Vintrinox which is their own special blend of grape and apple polyphenols. According to their website is says Vintrinox improves athletic performance, decreases fatigue, and increases nitric oxide production. Their site states that the ingredient is clinically researched. That's it for the blend. Not too many ingredients but enough to make a potent supplement.

I recieved the flavor Maliblu Berry Breeze and I was very pleased. It tastes exactly like some drink you would get on vacation or at the islands, minus the alcohol of course. It mixed almost perfect everytime. There was some powder that would settle each time but it was minimal and easily blended back up with a few good shakes. The dosing is just fine at 1 scoop which is 6.68 grams. They recommend starting at 1 scoop and for heavier and intense lifters they say you can work up to 2 scoops.

I found this product to be very effective at what it's intended to do. I always used 1 scoop because it always worked for me. I didn't notice an increase in effectiveness as I used it. I took 1 scoop with about 10-12 ounces of water 15-30 minutes prior to hitting the gym. Once I got to the gym and started lifting I could tell it was starting to work. I got really good muscle pumps and a decent vascular pump. If I went high reps on my lifts the pumps really showed. I didn't notice an increase in strength or endurance at all. The pumps lasted throughout my lift and shortly after finishing up.

I found this product for 23 dollars on amazon. That breaks it down to about 76 cents per serving. Each tub contains 30 servings. Personally I find this to be a very valuable and affordable option.

Side Effects

I noticed no side effects during my usage of this product.

Conclusion

Overall I definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for a non caffeinated pump product. I had a good experience using this. It tasted awesome and gave me the results its promised. This is the second supplement I've tried from this brand and it's worked. I recommend this brand and their products. I will definitely consider using this again in the future when I am looking for a pre workout / pump product that I can take late in the day or at night. Once again thank you VMI!
  • Mali-Blu Berry Breeze: 8/10

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

April 14, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Solid Pumps
  • Improved Vascularity
  • Expensive At Two Scoop Dosages
  • Prop Blend
Thank you VMI for the opportunity to review two of your products. I thank you for being part of the SR community.

Let me explain the title. We all have that one friend that leaves us hanging when we go up for a high five. Then some random dude comes from behind and gives you a high five. Now you don't feel so bad lol. I'll get into these a little more in my effectiveness section.

Another prop blend from VMI :( Is the end of prop blends near?! There are many great and complete breakdowns of the profile by other reviewers, so I won't cover every ingredient. A few ingredients did catch my eye though: hawthorn berry and vinitrox. According to VMI's website, hawthorn berry is supposed to be a vasodilator and vintitrox increases performance and endurance, boost nitric oxide levels, and delay fatigue. Nexira, the manufacturer of vintrox said on their website that in a recent study 500mg per day improves physical capabilities. However if we look at Vasogen Swell Matrix Blend, vinitrox is labeled last, which usually indicates that in the blend the amount of vinitrox is less than the other ingredients mentioned (meaning underdosed). OK, so lets say my previous sentence is wrong and each ingredient listed in the blend is dosed at equal amounts. 1150mg/6 ingredients equals roughly 191.6 mg of each ingredient (still underdosed). Another sad day for products with prop blends.

I want to thank VMI for fulfilling my flavor request. They said they would accommodate my flavor request if possible, and they did! I had requested for Tigers Blood (combined flavors of coconut, watermelon, and strawberry). I love anything with coconut. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole tub. I did receive samples of the other flavors (Hawaiian Pump and MaliBlu Berry Breeze), but Tigers Blood was hands down my favorite.

Mixability was decent. I didn't have many problems, but it did leave some settlement at the bottom. I used two scoops, only when I did not feel the need for a stim pre-workout. When I combined it with some of my favorite pre-workouts, I used one heaping scoop. I found that 20-30 minutes before my workout was the sweet spot.

Going back to my high five story in the beginning. This product is that friend that leaves you hanging for a high five, except in this case it is pumps. Then some stranger comes and makes it all better. The stranger in this case is another pre-workout. Combine this with a pre-workout, and it makes this product better.
ONE SCOOP: For me, little change in pump and vascularity. I'm glad I tried one scoop on my deload week.

TWO SCOOPS: Pumps were there. It wasn't anything out of the world or what I've experienced from other pump products, but it did the job. Vascularity was increased; my arms were just hanging by my sides and I could very clearly see an increase in vascularity. Pumps were there but it was nothing like the "vein splitting muscle swell and pump" they advertise.

ONE SCOOP + STRANGER: I combined VMI's VasogenXT with their own pre-workout K-XR and IN DVST8, two of my top pre-workouts so far. Head over to K-XR's SR page and you'll see some of the same responses: "lack luster pumps" or "no pump". Also check out wjmathewsx's review on VasogenXT. He brought out a good point; in a comment he wrote "some products are meant to be stacked. I think this is one". I firmly believe 100% that VasogenXT was created to be stacked with either their pre-workout or one of their competitors. It was just that much better with a pre-workout. Both K-XR and DVST8 turned into better pre-workouts. The solid pump, combined with energy and focus, just was great. Not only did I feel bigger, I definitely made some small strength gains. Plus, I felt I looked bigger (or maybe I'm just full of myself).

Right now on Amazon I see it for just under $30. With 30 servings per container and some simple math, each serving is about $1. But bump that up to $2 if you decide to take 2 scoops every time. If you're solely using this and dosing it at 2 scoops I definitely feel that the product is overpriced. However if you combine it with one of your favorite pre-workouts, maybe the price is more reasonable (depending on the cost per serving on your favorite preworkout). For example, I combined this frequently with IN DVST8 White Cut. I recently purchased DVST8 for $40 at $1 per serving. So for $2 I can get a hella good workout, with great pumps, focus, and endurance. In the case, I feel the price is reasonable.

Side Effects
None, just sides from the pre-workout used.

Conclusion
This product was very interesting in my opinion. I do recommend the product, however I am more in between MEH to YES range. As a standalone product, I would put MEH, since two scoops were needed to be effective. However when you stacked it, I'm totally in the YES I do recommend. If you're looking to purchase the product to stack with your favorite pre-workout, definitely consider this product. But if you're not big on stims and are looking for a stim free pre-workout, I'd recommend you to look for another product.

For now SR, peace.
  • Tigers Blood: 8/10

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

March 13, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Vascularity
  • Solid Pumps
  • Prop Blend
  • Expensive At Two Scoop Dosages
  • Under Dosed Ingredients
  • Filler Ingredients
Hey ladies and gents!! I am here today to review another product I had the opportunity to review thanks to the great guys/gals at SR.com and VMI Sports. I have tried another one of VMI's products earlier and so when I saw Vasogen I thought it won't let me down either. The previous product, agmapure, didn't disappoint so my thought process was that this wouldn't either. I am still cutting (20lbs down), and am always looking to get a better pump in the gym. I LOVE pump products because, let's be serious, who doesn't want to look as big as possible in the gym? Who doesn't want to have veins popping at any given moment.

Prop blend warning!!! The label gives you 5 individual ingredients to start with and then throws you a curve ball with a prop blend of some ingredients that I feel should be listed inidividually. I'm cool with knowing how much sodium, taurine, and chloride are in the mix, but I would rather know how much agmatine sulfate, and theobromine are in it. The label doesn't list them so I'm not sure if there is enough of a dosage in it to get me where I want to be based on what I took when it was just agmatine sulfate by itself. I did find a couple of interesting ingredients in it that made me use my internet research skills to find out what they were in there for. I'll share below:

Hawthorne Berry Powder may help manage high cholesterol and high blood pressure. It's suppose to support the beneficial gut flora aka "good bacteria" that promotes nutrient digestion. The research shows it can calm your nerves with a touch of hawthorn berry powder in your diet. Hawthorn berries promote blood circulation throughout the body, which helps lower blood pressure and relieve tension. One study examined the effects of hawthorn supplementation on patients with generalized anxiety disorder. The study concluded that hawthorn was more effective at reducing anxiety than the placebo.

Schisandra Berry Powder- I have never seen this ingredient before so I got to reading up on it. Schisandra is a plant. The fruit is used as food and also to make medicine. Schisandra is used as an "adaptogen" for increasing resistance to disease and stress, increasing energy, and increasing physical performance and endurance. It is also used for preventing early aging and increasing lifespan; normalizing blood sugar and blood pressure; and stimulating the immune system and speeding recovery after surgery. It is also used for treating liver disease (hepatitis) and protecting the liver from poisons.

The taste is a little overbearing if you drink it by itself. Very TART. I mixed it, most of the time, with my preworkout which was also a blue raspberry flavor so it masked the taste much better. After I ran out of the preworkout I had to drink it by itself and I wasn't fond of it at all.

Mixability- It mixes well. By itself, with a PWO, it doesn't matter. No complaints on that part.

Dosing- I started with one scoop by itself. Then went to two by itself. Finally, I started mixing two scoops with my PWO with two scoops. At two scoops you are only getting 15 servings so that makes it a bit rough on the pocketbook.

----Effectiveness---

I found two scoops with my PWO did the best for me. The one scoop isn't for a 200lb+ man/woman. I tried and the pumps just weren't there. Almost felt like I hadn't taken anything and it was the "normal" gym pump. I highly recommend two scoops if you are my size or bigger. If you are under the 200 mark you may be able to get away with one scoop.

This is where it gets tricky. It's a pump product. Nothing more, nothing less. I found one site selling it for $40/30servings. I can't justify that for a pump product when there are preworkouts out there with great pump ingredients that don't cost that. The cheapest I was able to find it was $30/30 servings. If you have to take two scoops like me then it becomes pricey at $30/15 servings. That I might be able to get with if you were wanting to get a pump without the jitters of a stimulant PWO or no PWO at all. However, I would only buy it if I had extra money.

Side Effects

NONE!!!

Conclusion

In conclusion, Vasogen is a good product by itself. It can be a GREAT product when combined appropriately with a solid preworkout. I'm not sure I would ever take it by itself, but that's me. I can honestly say that if I was asked for a recommendation on a pump product I would still recommend this. I just wish I knew exactly how much agmapure is in it. It seems to be a lower dosage then I had tried before when I just took agmapure by itself. Again, a special thank you to the folks at SR.com and VMI Sports for working together to provide us with the outstanding opportunities. Keep em coming.

6.2
5.5
  February 27, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Vascularity
  • Solid Pumps
  • Filler Ingredients
  • Prop Blend
  • Expensive At Two Scoop Dosages
  • Under Dosed Ingredients

The category of purely "pump" products with the exclusion of the heavy stimulants is a relative new frontier in the supplement world and utilizing them in conjunction with pre-workout products typically makes for one ultimate concoction. So I had to claim up a Vasogen XT to see how it would stack up with some of my favorite pre-workout supplements and even solo. Cheers to VMI Sports for giving me the opportunity!

Taurine (2000mg): Popular ingredient seen in many energy drinks and pre-workouts with actually not a whole lot of significant clinical reasoning. I'm assuming that the compound is likely very cheap to add and is the primary reason we see it so much because the actual studies that looked at taurine's effects showed that is mildly improves bloodflow and may be helpful with reducing muscle cramps... that's it! Why we still see this so often in supplements still puzzles me today.

-Vasogen Swell Matrix Blend (1150mg)-
Hawthorne Berry Powder: Used for cardiovascular disease to help regulate an arrythmic heartbeat, angina, and other symptoms but has minimal clinical research for individuals using it for recreational use.
Schizandra Berry Power: Basically this is a popular Chinese herb that works as a antioxidant and cure all for a laundry list of diagnoses. Little actual clinical research.
Theobromine: Seen in cocoa as a vasodilator, stimulant, and diuretic. This compound does have some significant clinical research to back up it's efficacy in the gym and getting those great pumps we all love.
AgmaPure: This is probably the main "pump" ingredient of this product. Agmatine Sulfate has gained sufficient ground in the supplement game as one of the game changer pump products that is seen almost as much as the almighty Citrulline Malate, but we don't even know if it contains the usual clinical dosage between 500-1000mg!

Ugh! Why do supplement companies still mess with proprietary blends like this! It's insanely hard to accurately guess how much of any of these ingredients in in this blend due to blend itself being only a paltry 1.1 grams! If there's just 1.1 grams of actual working ingredients then why is the scooper nearly 7 grams. I smell fillers... and lots of them.

I had the chance to taste the Tiger's Blood flavor that I personally am not too fond of (the combo of coconut, watermelon, and strawberry is a bit wild IMO). The product typically mixed well with without any significant sediment buildup at the bottom of the bottle with the normal 8-12oz of water (more water needed if you plan on using it as a booster on top of another product of course). The dosing is fairly easy as well with a small scooper that easily bends to pour into any sized bottle if need be.

My initial uses of Vasogen XT were without any other additional pre-workouts and I have to say that using just 1 scoop solo just doesn't make the cut concerning vascularity boosting. I absolutely needed to run at least 2 scoops of the product to get a good pump and euphoric feeling I typically get with working out and I can't really say anything special about it at that dosage either! It gave me a good pump that lasted about 45 minutes into my gym session till I noticed it plateau and then slowly lowered. I personally feel like the bulk of the effect is coming from the agmatine sulfate but I don't notice or feel any difference from the additional ingredients. I thought it was a decent booster with adding a scoop to enhance any pre-workout but at $30 a pop you're almost paying more for the booster than the main pre-workout supplement!

At $30 a tub I don't believe that Vasogen XT provides enough ingredient quality nor quantity to warrant this price point. I feel like unless it is stacked with a decent pre-workout this product must be used with 2 scoops which pits it at $2 a serving or just 15 servings per tub! I'm not sure what VMI Sports was thinking regarding the pricing on this product but I'm not sure a price drop can even save this product unfortunately from judging this product from all angles...

Side Effects

No side effects were noted when taking Vasogen XT.

Conclusion

VMI Sports has been a very busy company lately with a huge arsenal of new supplements that have been generally hitting their mark! Unfortunately Vasogen XT is not one of those supplements and this mark was missed by quite a bit. They have concocted an overly expensive "pump" product with only one true clinically studied ingredient that's really worth your hard earned money and to make matters worse is that the one ingredient is part of a proprietary blend mixed with other ingredients that I felt had little to no effect on my workouts. I would normally recommend a company to just mark down their price but due to the inclusion of too many useless ingredients, high price point, and VMI Sports actually selling a fairly well-received Agmatine Sulfate product, they should just burn this bridge down and put their "pump" line money on solely that product instead. Vasogen XT isn't an awful product at all but there is just much better out there for quite a bit less at that. Cheers Fellas!
  • Tigers Blood: 6/10

Overall
Overall
5.5
5.6
  February 22, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Raises Endurance
  • Prop Blend
  • Expensive At Two Scoop Dosages
  • Under Dosed Ingredients
What's going on brothers and sisters! Before I begin, I would like thank VMI Sports and the Troopers for allowing me to try VMI's pump product VasogenXT.

I am a firm believer in using pump products, for when you are in the gym, looking pumped to impress that new babe at work, and to increase some pump in the bed room; yes, poor man's Viagra! I am always on the hunt for good pump products to try; therefore, when VasogenXT came up for the Troopers, I hesitated a bit when I saw the ingredient label. Howver, considering I had good results with VMI products in the past, I decided to give VasogenXT a run.

Man, as I eluded in my intro, the majority of the ingredients for VasogenXT are in a proprietary blend; a bit disappointed. I understand companies want to protect their secrets on how their products work, but in this day in age where many companies are being transparent, hopefully VMI might consider being transparent with VasogenXT on their next batch.

As far as the goodies in VasogenXT, there are a couple of them; however, the main Pump Matrix is in a 1.15 gram mixture, not sure how much of each ingredient we are getting. I will not go too deep on the profile, since pancow did a good job highlighting some of the goodies in VasogenXT. There is Hawthorn, which is good to help with high BP, 2 grams of Taurine, and Agmatine Sulfate, which we know, anything over 1 gram of this, you will experience a good pump and recovery assistance; not knowing how much of this is in there, leads me to believe it is under dosed.

Taste - when it comes to how a product taste, those of you who have read my reviews, taste is not much of a concern for me; as long as the product works, that is what I care. However, for those who like to taste their supplements, this was a good tasting product, I received the Tiger's blood, which was a bit odd at 1st, but I got used to it.

Mix - VasogenXT mixed well, a little settlement and it would foam up a little when I would mix it with a pre-workout.

Dosing - I took VasogenXT 15 to 20 minutes before hitting the gym

Man, I really want VasogenXT to work for me, unfortunately, it came up short. The pumps I received on VasogenXT were very minimal to say the least. I typically gauge the effectiveness of a pump product when I am working out on arms and knocking out a couple of sets of 21s. On a strong pump product, by the time I do the 2nd set of 21s, I can't even flex my biceps; however, on VasogenXT, I did not experience an intense pump. The only time I would feel a slight increase in a pump, is when I took 2 scoops, which is the only time I would get a good pump.

I did notice an increase in endurance on days I would do Cardio, which I felt when I took 2 scoops. In addition, whenever I use a pump product that my body utilizes well, I see myself more vascular, even hours after the workout; I did not experience this with VasogenXT.

Value - VasogenXT is around $29.99 and up, it depends where you shop for supplements; seems like Amazon lately has started to carry some good prices on products we here on SR like to use. The value to me was not good, considering that in order for me to get a great pump, I had to use 2 scoops, and the cost per serving went out the window.

Sides - None to speak of

Conclusion

At the end of the day VasogenXT was not a hit for me, yes, we all know that not all supplements work the same for everyone VasogenXT just did not mesh with my internal system. In my opinion, VMI may want to consider either increasing the amount of their current formulation or add some other goodies like Hydomax to assist VasogenXT in becoming more competitive with other pump products in the market. I want to thank VMI Sports again for the opportunity.
  • Tigers Blood: 7/10

Overall
Overall
9.5
  February 17, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Vascularity
  • Recovery
  • Prop Blend

First I would like to thank VMI Sports for allowing me to try another amazing supplement, and the SR TROOP's program for making the connection possible. My favorite supplements are pump products because you can use them for any training hours, or stack them with a stim based product. Plus pump supplements just make you feel amazing while lifting weights - at least if the product works well. In this case VasogenXT was OMAZING at providing pumps.

I'm not going to sugar coat it because yeah, the ingredient profile doesn't seem like something that would create crazy pumps. I mean it's a prop blend of 1.15g's containing 6 ingredients; one being AgmaPure, which I needed 1-1.5g's alone to get pumps. So what gives? Well, I don't know really lol but I stand behind my ratings that the pumps were awesome with or without mixing stims.

Pine bark extract is one ingredient I'm thinking is doing a lot of work because it seems to have good benefits showing NO boosting capabilities. Hawthorn berry increases blood circulation as well, and is an herb people use on cycle to protect the heart. Vinitrox is a mixture of apple and grape polyphenols, which apparently has good studies showing success in nitric oxide boosting as well.

Plus there's 2g's of Taurine to help with heart and blood health along with performance benefits such as focus and possibly pump. Again the entire pump blend looks underwhelming, but this is one to not judge by it's cover!

Taste is pretty awesome. I've sampled all the flavors to say they are good, but review wise I requested for Tiger's Blood. Pretty unique taste indeed.

Mixing is pretty good, but as I expected with all the herbs there was settling at the bottom. So while drinking make sure to keep it swirled to get all those grains down haha

Dosing was depending on what I was doing. Late night sessions only 1 scoop without anything else. Regular sessions I took 1 scoop for a bit to see how it was alone, but then started mixing with a stim pwo so I can go ape poo in the weight room. Then sometimes for just pumps like crazy I did 2 scoops on its own. I tested all methods and the results were always the same. Awesome pumps.

Pump- After using this my muscles were nice and full looking making me want this if I ever do a physique competition haha seriously loved the way my muscles were in the mirrors and co-workers even asked why my arms look a little bigger than usual. IT's THEM PUMPS FOOLS! lol but seriously worked great at creating muscle fullness showing right there that blood oxygen levels were pumping.

Vascularity - I'm still cutting down, so got water weight hiding most of my veins. However, using VasogenXT I seen veins popping I haven't seen in almost a year after extended bulking. Pretty crazy to see them pop out of nowhere, but happy about it!

Strength and Endurance - I'm not saying I was able to bench 20lb's more or anything, but an example would be the incline DB press. I normally pump out 10 reps for 110lbs., but on this supplement I was hitting 12 reps reps each week. Same applied to other exercises like DB rows etc. Muscle fatigue also seemed delayed where I could keep going for an hour without feeling drained in strength levels.

Overall an awesomely effective pump product that I definitely enjoyed.

You can find this on Amazon for $30.00, so that's a dollar per serving since there's 30 servings. This is awesome, and for any fellow veterans out there VMI is committed to providing 20% off each order! Can't really say much else on value, but if it was a little cheaper then it'd be even better :)

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall I'd recommend this supplement to anybody that was pumps with or without adding to stims. I received sample powder packets that I let co workers use and they had the same results, so it's not just me getting pumped up. Thanks again for allowing me to review VasogenXT VMI!
  • Tigers Blood: 9/10

Overall
Overall
5.9
6.1
5.7
  February 26, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
    • Expensive At Two Scoop Dosages
    • Prop Blend
    • Under Dosed Ingredients

After reviewing two "healthy" products that were "fully disclosed", Gilla is back to reviewing everyone's favorite type of product, proprietary blended, artificially sweetened pump products.

Vasogen wants to be different! It's not arginine based and that's what they are selling to you. What it's also not...is full of substance.

In a 6.85 Gram scoop, you are getting 1.15g of pumped up proprietary blended pump products. That's More than 80% of fluff(well, two grams of Taurine too...so there's that...) . In this blend is a bunch of different berry extracts and a dash of Agmatine. On the surface, you certainly would be skeptical. However, back in the day, running AppNut's "Uncut" just a couple caps gave me insane pump, so maybe this would hold true here as well...

I received TIGERS BLOOD. The stuff smells like jello pudding. I haven't had jello pudding in like 25 years, so I was excited to get a whiff of into the system. I will say I hate, hate, hate, hate coconut anything. Coconuts are present in the image description of the flavor, along with strawberries and watermelon. Luckily, the fake strawberry flavoring overpowered everything and actually, the jello puddingness tasted quite delicious actually. Would recommend.

Mixed like a champ.

Dosed at least 1 scoop, often two.

Pump products are generally hard to review because they aren't aimed to provide much other than an aesthetic benefit, but I did use this various ways, I'll break down each.

Stand alone, during first workout of the day: One to one and a half scoops, When running this product this way, I didn't get the insane EXTRA STRENGTH MUSCLE SWELL as advertised on the label. There was a bit of a pump, but nothing I would even make note of to be honest. Zero vascularity.

Taken with a PWO (Moxie), during first workout of the day: One to one and a half scoops. I got a bit more of a meaty pump going. My muscles felt more full, but nothing along the lines of other pump products that I have used. Vascularity was a bit improved, but again, nothing crazy like numerous other products. This did make Moxie more tolerable in terms of flavoring though...so that's a HUGE plus, but I can't count it towards the product's effectiveness...

Taken alone, second workout of the day: 2 scoops. I lift twice a day on weekends, so during my second session, you begin to deflate a bit and don't have that same level of juiciness. In my opinion, this product performs best here. When compared to other products I have run in a similar fashion, which gave me a better "first workout pump", they couldn't get me re-inflated during the second workout. Vasogen did a better job of making me fluffy and re-plumped up. Vascularity was also more pronounced than previous products.

I guess I probably should have given the product a shot at two scoops in conjunction with a PWO, but I didn't really think of it.

Was able to find this product for $35 on one website. For 30 servings, that's a "not good", but not horrible value if the product works for you. A big if however.

Side Effects

No side effects.

Conclusion

In a competitive market, VasogenXT doesn't hit the mark. There's simply not enough there to make this product a big player on the market. Increased ingredients needs to be done. Adding something like Citrulline or creatine would certainly improve the product. Standalone pumpers need to give women boners for you in the mirror, that didn't happen with this product.
    • Tigers Blood: 7/10

February 17, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improved Vascularity
    • Raises Endurance
    • Under Dosed Ingredients
    First off I want to thank VMI Sports for letting us troopers have the chance to try their products. I am a really big fan of pump products and when I get a chance to try them I do. I don't think pump products are a must but they are nice to have from time to time to help give you better pumps and make you more vascular.

Ingredients:
    This is a little different than a lot of the pump products I have tried. On their website it says this is not based on Arginine. Instead, we've based our vasodilator on clinically studied herbal compounds, which have REAL science behind them. So that is a little bit about their approach to this product. Also they say this is a dual phase N.O. modulator that creates full cycle blood plasma effect & immediate performance impact. I really dislike that this is made up of mostly one big prop blend. Considering what all they have in this prop blend and the totally amount only being 1.15g only tells me that most everything in here is way under dosed. For a product like this you will need at least two scoops. I would really like to see the prop blend taken out and up the ingredients a bit.

Value:
    So far the cheapest I can find this is on a site called befitsupplements.com (which I had never heard of that site before) and they want $34.94 for 30 servings. Most places I have looked online don't carry the powder yet only in pill form. The few sites that have had this they want around $40 for this. Even at $35 I think is a bit high for a pump product. Considering I needed at least two scoops this really brings the value down a lot.

Taste:
    This comes in three flavors. Hawaiian punch, Tiger's Blood, and Mali-Blu Berry Breeze. This I thought had kind of a weird taste to it and was kind of hard to explain just what it tasted like. I do think the coconut part of this was a bit to over powering for my liking. You do notice a little bit of the blu berry taste to it. It does seem a little heavy when you drink it. It nothing bad you won't enjoy drinking just not something I did not care a lot for.

Mixing/Dosing.
    Had not real issues with it mixing. It does leave a little bit of grit left over but nothing real bad. When mixed it has a dark red color to it so that only means one thing there are a lot of dyes in this which I would rather not have in this. I started out with 1 scoop and never really felt much off that. Then I decided to up it to two scoops and that was a bit better. I probably could have done three scoops but since I was getting a little bit of pump ingredients in my pre-workout I did not want to do that. I would say you will more than likely need two scoops.

Well this was a rather interesting product for me. The one thing I noticed a lot was how much more vascular it made me look and made my muscles look a lot more fuller. I did notice my veins looked like they wanted to pop out a little more and were a little more noticeable. The vascularity part of this I thought was fairly decent. The area this really did not do a lot for me was in the pumps which was a little disappointing for me. I always seem to have a hard enough time noticing and feeling pumps anyways and any help I can get with that is nice. I do a lot of high volume and rep training and that will usually help me more at feeling those pumps but this did not help me a real lot. When I would start my workout I could start to feel the pumps right away but they never seemed to last very long which was a bit disappointing I thought. I never got those skin splitting pumps I have noticed from other pump products I have used. One way I can tell if the pump product is working is when I work legs. Usually when I work legs hard I get a lot more blood flow into them and with a pump product it only helps increase that even more so. I have had times where I have gotten pumps in my legs that were so bad it was killing my legs. Well with this product it did not help me feel those pumps that much more when I worked legs. I was hoping I would be able to feel it a lot more than I did. I really enjoy when I can use a pump product and I get those painful type pumps from it. This only helps me know that the product is working better for me. If I don't feel them then I don't feel the product is working as well for me. I just think to many of the ingredients in this are to under dosed to be as effective as it could have been. Also a few more things added to this would help some.

Side Effects:
    Nothing

Overall:
    This is not a bad product I just think some of the ingredients are a bit under dosed and need to be upped and a few more things added to this to help make it a better product. I know for some people this may work well for you but just not effective enough for me. I guess I don't respond as well to some of the ingredients they put in here and some other people may. For the price I just don't see this worth getting again since I can get a few other products that are a little cheaper and more effective for me. Again I want to thank VMI Sports for letting me try this and then do a review for it.
    • Mali-Blu Berry Breeze: 7/10

Overall
    Overall
    7.1
    6.7
      February 14, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Solid Pumps
    • Improved Vascularity
    • Raises Endurance
    • Prop Blend

Another special thanks to VMI for providing some their products for us to try out. Today, I discuss Vasogen XT powder, a supplement designed to induce muscle pumps, provide hydration, and enhance endurance. Having had a sub-par experience with Krush It, I was hoping that using this product in conjunction would fill in some gaps left by Krush It's lack of efficacy in certain areas.

So...did it work?

In addition to some electrolytes and 2g of taurine, the product contains a combination of hawthorne berry, schizandra berry, agmapure, theobromine, pine bark extract, and polyphenols derived from grape and apple. Sounds great, except that all these ingredients are combined into a...*gulp*...prop blend. (insert expletive here)

The prop blend is quantified at 1.15g. Safe to say, we've got some under dosing here considering that agmatine sulfate alone is known to be best effective at 1-2g for most users, myself included.

Since most of the ingredients are well known, I don't think I have to go into any detailed discussions. We can say that this product has potential despite the prop blend, but only experience will tell.

I got the Hawaiian pump flavor and it wasn't bad. Definitely better than that tiger blood poo. Mixability was fine and the product didn't upset my stomach or leave me with any unpleasdant aftertastes.

I incorporated Vasogent XT during the second week with my usage of Krush It. Since Krush It wasn't doing much standalone, i figured adding VMI's pump product to the mix (literally) would help give it some kick. I added one scoop of Vasogen XT with one scoop of Krush It and the pump factor and endurance benefits were somewhat improved. I decided during week three to up it to two scoops combined with Krush It, and it was significantly better. So to summarize, I would add two scoops with Krush It and down the concoction 20-30 minutes before hitting the weights.

Just to note, the effectiveness I'm discussing here is for two scoops of Vasogen XT. Combining two scoops to Krush It, the product gave me solid pumps and increased vascularity throughout my workouts. I especially enjoyed the pumps with my high volume and TUT sets with squats and dead lifts. My endurance was slightly improved mostly with my HIIT training sets, but my endurance was pretty good before so I wasn't really paying musch attention to this. Lastly, I got some real good muscle fullness with my isolation movements particularly exercises such as preacher curls, lateral raises, and skull crushers. Overall, the product delivered where it needed to; pumps, fullness, and vasculafity. Again, you might need two scoops.

The lowest price I've seen for Vasogen XT is around 39 dollars for 30 servings. If you're a single scooper, that isn't too steep a price, but if you need two scoops like me, that can be costly. I would say it is most definitely worth the investment for an initial try with the supplement, but just try to catch it on sale.

Side Effects

Conclusion

VMI hit the mark in the pump product department with Vasogent XT. The powder complimented the PWO I was using and helped to enhance my vascularity, improve muscle fullness, and induce solid pumps where needed. Heavier individuals may need an additional serving which can prove costly, but I'd still say give the product a try as you may find it worth the investment. Just avoid anything that says "tiger's blood".

WARMACHINE OUT!!!