6.6

(Better than 8% in Pre-Workout > Pump)

PRICES (7)

(30 sv) - [$1.27/sv]

A1Supplements

(30 sv) - [$1.30/sv]

AllStarHealth

Vasogen® Powder is a Pump Product manufactured by VMI Sports. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

Pre-Workout > Pump

Overall
Overall
4.5
4.5
4.3
  October 15, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Interesting Flavor
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Works With VMI K-XR
  • Prop Blend
  • Expensive At Two Scoop Dosages
  • Under Dosed Ingredients
  • Low Benefits
  • Low Pump
  • Low Vascularity
  • Filler Ingredients
I'd like to thank VMISPORTS for the opportunity to review Vasogen through the Trooper program. I'll start by saying that I am not as well versed in pump products as I am in stimulant and performance based products. I have used a couple like Hemavol (years ago), Vasky and straight Citrulline. To be honest, I have never really found a pump product to deliver any noticeable effects that I would not have experienced without them That being said, I went into this trial with an open mind and hopeful attitude that they would be the one for me.

The product starts with a few ingredients to help with fluid balance and replacement.

Niacin (B3 as Niacinamide): 10mg
Chloride: 61mg
Sodium: 39mg
L-Taurine: 2g

Then there is the Vasogen Swell Matrix Blend, which unfortunately, is wrapped up in a 1.15g proprietary blend. It includes the following:

Hawthorn Berry Powder: It is used to regulate blood pressure and it is a safe way to counteract any supplements that may cause high blood pressure. It does this through vasodilation.

Schizandra Berry Powder: Helps with the body's ability to fight stress. It has shown benefits for energy, cognitive function and mood.

Theobromine: Like caffeine, it can provide intensity to a workout but without affecting the Central Nervous System. It has also been linked to better NO productions, so better pumps.

AgmaPure (agmatine Sulfate): A patented form of agmatine sulfate, this pump inducing ingredient improves blood flow for better pumps while also providing some nootropic (mood enhancing) effects.
Pine Bark Extract(std. min. 95% Proanthocyanidins): Can help increase the endurance and performance yield in the gym by increasing the amount of oxygen in the muscle and by dilating the blood vessels.

ViNitrox (Grape and apple polyphenols): Also added to help with blood flow and to increase nitric oxide levels in the muscles.

Based on the ingredient list, there are some really effective things in here. It is just too bad that their amount are kept from us. That, along with the fact that the blend is only 1.15g, I would say that it is pretty dispointing. I would like to see 1g of agmatine alone.

Taste: I have the Blueberry Razz flavour, with the picture of blue raspberries and coconuts. I mention the picture because the taste is overwhelmingly that of coconuts. There is a hint of fruitiness but it is hidden behind the coconut and slight chemical taste. It is not a bad flavour and =I never once struggled to drink it, but it is not in my top contenders. I'd say maybe about middle of the pack.

Mixability: I did not experience any issues with the way the product dissolved in water. Sometimes, there was some granulation left at the bottom of the shaker cup, but that could be due to not mixing thoroughly enough. Usually, a couple of shakes did the trick.

Dosing: 6.68g per serving. I did not wish to take out the small scale to measure out the . grams so usually I would just use a full scoop, which I measured out to be 6g. At one serving, the container lasts 30 days, but really, I think that you would need at least 2 scoops to see any desirable effects. That brings the total down to 15 days worth. In my opinion, that is simply not enough.

This is the area of the product that I am the most disappointed in. It is also the most important. For me, I never experienced any changes, benefits, or effects from Vasogen. I tired taking it with carbs, without carbs, with more carbs, with protein, with protein and carbs, and it never really made a difference. I used it consistently throughout the 30 days, no matter which body part I was hitting and I can't say that I ever felt any effects from the product. On a couple of occasions, on arm days, I included 2 scoops to see if I could feel anything, and again, I felt nothing more than usual. This was disappointing, as the ingredients present in the profile are quality ingredients, but the doses just might not be high enough. It is also possible that the product just did not work well for me. As I stated earlier, I never really experienced success with a pump product. So you should keep that in mind.

The cheapest I could find this product listed at is $29.95. That is right around the same price as other pump products, so it is competitive. But there are others out there at a lower cost with really good reviews like MTS Vasty, which goes for $20. You then need to consider the fact that you will probably want to consume 2 scoops of this at a time, with brings it down to 15 servings, making the value a lot less favourable. So you would have to decide whether or not the price is worth it for you.

----Side Effects--
I did not experience any side effects with this product. Unfortunately, not even positive ones.

Conclusion

I think that VMI is on the right track with Vasogen. They are good quality ingredients set to help out with a fuller pump. If only we could see the dosage upped and the proprietary blend gone, it might be a product worth considering. But as it stands now, I don't think that Vasogen is a product that I would be willing to spend my money on. It is just not worth it for me.
  • Blueberry Razz: 7/10

Other Prices:
Ill Pump You Up   $29.95
A1Supplements   $37.95
AllStarHealth   $38.99

September 20, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Interesting Flavor
  • Works With VMI K-XR
  • Innovative Formula
  • Nice Name
  • Low Benefits
  • Low Vascularity
  • Low Pump

INTRODUCTION

What's up SupplementReviews. It's time to review Vasogen powder version from the brand VMI Sports Nutrition. Thanks to them for participating in the SR TROOP program and to SupplementReviews for making this connection possible. Thank you for the samples added. My weight right now is 200 pounds, I'm bulking right now and my body fat is moderately high. But I still get to have Pumps and Vascularity, I don't expect great results on those two areas (especially Vascularity) because of what I mentioned but I expect some good results. My lifts are usually aimed for increased strength (which is why I'm bulking) but I also train for the other areas (endurance, high reps, supersets, etc). Training 5 days a week for +2 hours allows me to try several methods separately or together.

I didn't use VMI Vasogen powder everyday, which is why I took a bit longer to finish this. It's very strange that a product here at Supplement Reviews reaches a 9 and even less a 10. And when it does, we are all eager to try it. Vasogen powder received a 10 of effectiveness and 9.5 overall by a respectable user here so I guess we all wanted to see what the hype was all about. Btw, VMI Vasogen will not only be judged by the Pump and Vascularity. Like I said in my Insane Veinz review, "judging the Pump and Vascularity would be an INCOMPLETE way of judging products like this. It's all about getting most of the benefits Nitric Oxide can give us and they are way more than just getting Pump and Vascularity". Knowing this, let's see how it worked...

INGREDIENT PROFILE

Lot of users before me have already explained the ingredients one by one so I won't do it again. I like that VMI went to a different path to try and deliver results. They didn't go with the typical Citrulline, Hydromax, Arginine, Nitrates, etc formula. They used several herbs, Agmapure, Theobromine and Taurine. They did something similar with their preworkout (VMI K-XR) where they used Beta-Alanine, Theobromine and Taurine as their ingredients for Pump. It was dissapointing (like expected). But here they used better ingredients IMO because of the Agmatine. This is probably the main ingredient in this formula so it was important for me to know how much Agmatine I'm taking, unfortunately they decided to hide it in a Proprietary Blend (unlike Insane Veinz).

Overall, even with the Proprietary Blend, I was expecting good results, I trusted this formula before requesting the product. Let's see if it worked...

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

Stop being so anxious, you will have to wait a bit for the Effectiveness section. I requested the "Pineapple Passion Fruit" flavor but I received the Hawaiian Pump flavor. No problem with that. The taste of the powder without water was amazing. I thought with water it would become perfect but I was dissapointed. The taste with water went from "amazing" to "okay". Sometimes I wanted to take it without water lol, I think next time I will, maybe it will increase the effectiveness that way hahaha!

Mixability was okay, considering the herbs used, you will feel some of the powder.

DOSING: I took 1 scoop and combined it with my preworkout (UXO Preworkout V2). I tried it several ways. Sometimes I would take my preworkout first and then 10 minutes before starting I would take Vasogen. And sometimes I would just mix both powders together. Both ways provided the same results. Reading other reviews, I see almost all the users had to use 2 scoops to see the results they wanted. I never took 2 scoops because I was combining it with my preworkout so I didn't see any need to use 2 scoops. I was already taking 6g Citrulline Malate, 3g Arginine HCL, 2g Betaine + 1 scoop of Vasogen.

Damn, I told myself before starting the review that I was going to try to make this short but I'm failing lol.

EFFECTIVENESS

Keep it short, keep it short! Effectiveness was "Meh". I was very dissapointed with the results. Pump and Vascularity were moderate/low. I thought Vasogen was going to make UXO Preworkout V2 become a beast on the Pump/Vascularity area but nope, it failed, not completely but still failed. I don't know if it's because my preworkout had Citrulline and Arginine and the Agmatine might be incompatible with them. After the first days of failure, I thought it would then improve the other areas to judge: Improved endurance, reduced fatigue, faster recovery between sets, etc. But it also failed because I didn't feel any additional benefit, the benefits were coming from my preworkout, NOT the Vasogen.

I decided to give it a 5.5 because I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and consider that one of the reasons it failed was because of the combination between Citrulline, Arginine and Agmatine. I've tried Citrulline + Agmatine before and it has worked but not Citrulline, Arginine and Agmatine. I gave a serving to 2 friends to see if it worked on them and the results were not positive. No increased Pump/Vascularity, maybe slightly but that might have been placebo.

The interesting part is that VMI sent me a few samples of VMI K-XR (like 3 or 4 samples). I already tried that preworkout so I stayed with 1 sample (the flavor I didn't try before) and gave the other samples to my friends. Btw, the best flavor of K-XR is definitely Blueberry Raz. When we combined VMI K-XR with VMI Vasogen, the results were improved. Nothing extraordinary but we could see some moderate and solid Pump/Vascularity, something like a 7 of effectiveness. But we could only try it once because we had only 1 sample each so take that into account. Another user here reported benefits of taking K-XR and Vasogen together so apparently they work well together. This is also another reason I increased Effectiveness to 5.5.

VALUE

Amazon has this for $29.99, Suppz for $32.95, M&S for $38.99, AllStarHealth from $32 and up (There's only 1 that expires in November for $12.40), TigerFitness for $41, A1Supplements for $37.95, DPSNutrition for $36.99, their own website for $39.99. Based on the ingredients and effectiveness, it's too expensive. Based on effectiveness, I would only pay $20 for this. And if I want to think about its fair value, then $25. I wouldn't pay more than that for this. If they increase the Agmatine and get this to work with 1 scoop, then $29.99 would be fair.

SIDE EFFECTS

CONCLUSION

Interesting formula but with low results. I decided to give it a 6 overall because I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, maybe the combination between Agmatine and Citrulline + Arginine was bad. I usually respond well to Agmatine but this was the exception. Low pump, low vascularity, low endurance, low everything. But considering how interesting the formula is, I want to give this another chance. If I can get it for $20, I'll give it another chance because I still can't believe it didn't work like I expected. If you can get it for $20-25, then try it, that's my suggestion.

Btw, the samples I tried of VMI Aminogex Ultra were great, the tropical Mango and Sweet Iced Tea. Nice formula and tasty flavor!

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Increase the Agmatine amount and when you do, I would like to know how much Agmatine you're putting. I respect proprietary blends, the thing is I would like to know how much you're putting of the MAIN ingredient. You will have to do something about it because most reviews here say that with 1 scoop, it was "meh", they had to increase it to 2 scoops to feel something and that's already 15 servings. Nobody is going to pay that price for 15 servings of an "ok" product.
2. I don't know why the product is so expensive. With the price VMI Vasogen has, I can buy an elite preworkout that gives me elite energy, pump, vascularity, endurance, fatigue delay, etc, all in 1 product. So you will have to do something about it, maybe not use patented Agmatine and use a regular one so you can increase the dose without affecting the cost for you. Maybe reduce the Taurine to 1.5g and that way you will be able to increase the Agmatine without affecting the cost for you. There must be an alternative.
  • Hawaiian Pump : 7/10

Other Prices:
Ill Pump You Up   $29.95
A1Supplements   $37.95
AllStarHealth   $38.99

Overall
Overall
5.9
6.2
4.4
  September 2, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
    • Prop Blend
    • Expensive At Two Scoop Dosages
    • Under Dosed Ingredients
    • Filler Ingredients

Thanks as always to VMI for supporting the TROOPS

First of all I need to say that I dislike prop blends, and Vasogen consists of essentially a 1.15g prop blend plus 2g taurine. At least the taurine is well dosed. As with all prop blends though, you have no idea what amounts you are getting. Within the prop blend there is the commonly used agmatine sulfate - here they are using Agmapure which is a well recognized trade product. I typically do well with a max of 1.5g agmatine - above that I tend to get what feels like lactic acid buildup, resulting in painful pumps which can be counterproductive . Theobromine is the only other component I recognize and I recall that being in a PWO I tested a while back and got good results with, though I can't pin it down to the theobromine content (though couldn't discount it either). Along with these components are a selection of herbal and fruit extracts. Hard to say if they contribute to the pump effect or not. The total prop blend weight was 1.15g. From the effect of this product, and having used agmatine a lot, my guess is there is around 0.5g in there. Some people assume that the components listed in a proper blend are listed with the highest concentration first. I have not seen any evidence to support that theory, and I am going with my guess of 0.5g agmatine. Sweet spot for me with agmatine is 1g (more later)

I had the berry breeze flavor at it was not pleasant at all. I assume the various extracts influenced the taste. It was like drinking a not pleasant fruit tea. Still, i don't mind much what PWO supplements taste like since I am chugging them anyway. That said, much easier to take a pump product along with your PWO if its in capsule form.

Didn't get much at all of a pump at 1 scoop, so i upped it to 2 scoops and it did work (which is why I think there is 0.5g agmatine per scoop). Like all other pump products, I only took it on arm day, since its very hard to judge the effectiveness on other body parts. I always took it with a PWO, in this case PreJym or Loaded by Pumped Sports.

Here is the big problem. I am OK with a $1 per serving for a good pump product, like Beldt's VASST (now discontinued) or Ronnies Stacked NO (actually you can get that for under $1/serving), but at 2 scoops, that makes it $2 per workout for Vasogen, in addition to the PWO. Thats not good math.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Unfortunately, Vasogen is a meh pump product that costs about 2x the price of the best pump products on the market, so I can't recommend it.
    • Mali-Blu Berry Breeze: 2/10

Overall
    Overall
    6.4
    5.3
      August 31, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Solid Pumps
    • Improved Vascularity
    • Expensive At Two Scoop Dosages
    • Prop Blend
    • Under Dosed Ingredients
    Thanks to VMI for sending out their Vasogen stimulant-free powder for us all to try and review. They also sent a very nice assortment of samples of all of their other offerings, which was very cool and totally not necessary for them to go out of their way and do. Thanks again!

Vasogen doesn't look terrible on paper, but it also doesn't blow you away. A nice mix of herbs along with my personal favorite, Agmatine (in the trademarked Agmapure form, no less). However, I think the doses may be on the lower side as the entire blend 6 ingredients with only 1.15 grams per scoop. I like Agmatine alone to be dosed at 750mg-1g, so that's what I have to say for that. Do the math.

This wasn't the best tasting product and, as expected with a product dominated by herbal ingredients, the sediment was pretty bad. The sediment wouldn't dissipate no matter how much or how vigorous of shaking was done. They sent me the Hawaiian Pump flavor, and it tasted like an herbal, watered down fruit punch. Tolerable, but not the most delicious thing to just sit around and sip on.

7.4/10

So, did this work well? It did, but for me, only when I either took 2 scoops or added it to a stimulant based pre-workout that also had pump inducing ingredients. On days that I took either 2 scoops of this or added it to something else, I had some incredibly full, dense pumps. Even doing just a few pull ups had my biceps completely swollen. More veins were popping out than I could recall in quite some time. As far as energy and endurance/recovery, I never felt a difference. However, 1 scoop on its own never really seemed to do much for me, so take that for what it's worth. I'm also currently 6'2" and 255 pounds. That leads directly into my next topic...

5.3/10

If one scoop were all it took for this to work well for me, it would be a good value. $30 for 30 servings is right at $1 per serving which is good for a pre-workout product. However, there are cheaper non-stim pre-workouts available right now. When you factor in that I took mostly 2 scoops or added it to something else, it starts to have the very distinct feeling of a luxury supplement that I would only buy if I had a ton of cash to throw around.

Conclusion

6.4/10

This product worked well for me, but only when using a double serving or adding it to another type of pre-workout product. If the dosages in this were doubled and remained the same price, you'd have a big fan. Alas, as it stands, I'm pretty neutral on Vasogen. Thanks again to VMI for sending it out.
    • Hawaiian Pump : 6/10

August 9, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improved Vascularity
    • Solid Pumps
    • Prop Blend

A big shoutout to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending me their Vasogen to review! I am a 26 year old fireman from Ohio. My fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my job and to build muscle mass / strength. I took this supplement on days I worked out later at night because there is no caffeine.

To start there is 4 calories and 1 gram of carbs per serving which is nice and minimal. They include 2 grams of L-Taurine which helps transport nutrients and can increase nitric oxide. After this they have a proprietary blend called the Vasogen Swell Matrix Blend. I'm not the biggest fan of proprietary blends because I prefer to see the exact dose of every ingredient. The entire blend is 1.15 grams per scoop. First ingredient in the blend is Hawthorn Berry Powder which increases nitric oxide production and reduces blood pressure. Next is Schizandra Berry Powder which increases cardiac function and possible helps against cancers. Following that is Theobromine which is found naturally in cocoa is a stimulant to increase alertness. After that we have Agmapure which is their agmatine product that they also sell by itself. Agmatine increases nitric oxide improves vasodilation. I reviewed their stand alone Agmapure in the past and the product is awesome. So having them include it in the pump product was great. Getting back to the blend we have Pine Bark Extract which helps reduce inflammation and increases blood flow. And last but not least we have Vintrinox which is their own special blend of grape and apple polyphenols. According to their website is says Vintrinox improves athletic performance, decreases fatigue, and increases nitric oxide production. Their site states that the ingredient is clinically researched. That's it for the blend. Not too many ingredients but enough to make a potent supplement.

I recieved the flavor Maliblu Berry Breeze and I was very pleased. It tastes exactly like some drink you would get on vacation or at the islands, minus the alcohol of course. It mixed almost perfect everytime. There was some powder that would settle each time but it was minimal and easily blended back up with a few good shakes. The dosing is just fine at 1 scoop which is 6.68 grams. They recommend starting at 1 scoop and for heavier and intense lifters they say you can work up to 2 scoops.

I found this product to be very effective at what it's intended to do. I always used 1 scoop because it always worked for me. I didn't notice an increase in effectiveness as I used it. I took 1 scoop with about 10-12 ounces of water 15-30 minutes prior to hitting the gym. Once I got to the gym and started lifting I could tell it was starting to work. I got really good muscle pumps and a decent vascular pump. If I went high reps on my lifts the pumps really showed. I didn't notice an increase in strength or endurance at all. The pumps lasted throughout my lift and shortly after finishing up.

I found this product for 23 dollars on amazon. That breaks it down to about 76 cents per serving. Each tub contains 30 servings. Personally I find this to be a very valuable and affordable option.

Side Effects

I noticed no side effects during my usage of this product.

Conclusion

Overall I definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for a non caffeinated pump product. I had a good experience using this. It tasted awesome and gave me the results its promised. This is the second supplement I've tried from this brand and it's worked. I recommend this brand and their products. I will definitely consider using this again in the future when I am looking for a pre workout / pump product that I can take late in the day or at night. Once again thank you VMI!
    • Mali-Blu Berry Breeze: 8/10

April 14, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Solid Pumps
    • Improved Vascularity
    • Expensive At Two Scoop Dosages
    • Prop Blend
    Thank you VMI for the opportunity to review two of your products. I thank you for being part of the SR community.

Let me explain the title. We all have that one friend that leaves us hanging when we go up for a high five. Then some random dude comes from behind and gives you a high five. Now you don't feel so bad lol. I'll get into these a little more in my effectiveness section.

Another prop blend from VMI :( Is the end of prop blends near?! There are many great and complete breakdowns of the profile by other reviewers, so I won't cover every ingredient. A few ingredients did catch my eye though: hawthorn berry and vinitrox. According to VMI's website, hawthorn berry is supposed to be a vasodilator and vintitrox increases performance and endurance, boost nitric oxide levels, and delay fatigue. Nexira, the manufacturer of vintrox said on their website that in a recent study 500mg per day improves physical capabilities. However if we look at Vasogen Swell Matrix Blend, vinitrox is labeled last, which usually indicates that in the blend the amount of vinitrox is less than the other ingredients mentioned (meaning underdosed). OK, so lets say my previous sentence is wrong and each ingredient listed in the blend is dosed at equal amounts. 1150mg/6 ingredients equals roughly 191.6 mg of each ingredient (still underdosed). Another sad day for products with prop blends.

I want to thank VMI for fulfilling my flavor request. They said they would accommodate my flavor request if possible, and they did! I had requested for Tigers Blood (combined flavors of coconut, watermelon, and strawberry). I love anything with coconut. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole tub. I did receive samples of the other flavors (Hawaiian Pump and MaliBlu Berry Breeze), but Tigers Blood was hands down my favorite.

Mixability was decent. I didn't have many problems, but it did leave some settlement at the bottom. I used two scoops, only when I did not feel the need for a stim pre-workout. When I combined it with some of my favorite pre-workouts, I used one heaping scoop. I found that 20-30 minutes before my workout was the sweet spot.

Going back to my high five story in the beginning. This product is that friend that leaves you hanging for a high five, except in this case it is pumps. Then some stranger comes and makes it all better. The stranger in this case is another pre-workout. Combine this with a pre-workout, and it makes this product better.
    ONE SCOOP: For me, little change in pump and vascularity. I'm glad I tried one scoop on my deload week.

TWO SCOOPS: Pumps were there. It wasn't anything out of the world or what I've experienced from other pump products, but it did the job. Vascularity was increased; my arms were just hanging by my sides and I could very clearly see an increase in vascularity. Pumps were there but it was nothing like the "vein splitting muscle swell and pump" they advertise.

ONE SCOOP + STRANGER: I combined VMI's VasogenXT with their own pre-workout K-XR and IN DVST8, two of my top pre-workouts so far. Head over to K-XR's SR page and you'll see some of the same responses: "lack luster pumps" or "no pump". Also check out wjmathewsx's review on VasogenXT. He brought out a good point; in a comment he wrote "some products are meant to be stacked. I think this is one". I firmly believe 100% that VasogenXT was created to be stacked with either their pre-workout or one of their competitors. It was just that much better with a pre-workout. Both K-XR and DVST8 turned into better pre-workouts. The solid pump, combined with energy and focus, just was great. Not only did I feel bigger, I definitely made some small strength gains. Plus, I felt I looked bigger (or maybe I'm just full of myself).

Right now on Amazon I see it for just under $30. With 30 servings per container and some simple math, each serving is about $1. But bump that up to $2 if you decide to take 2 scoops every time. If you're solely using this and dosing it at 2 scoops I definitely feel that the product is overpriced. However if you combine it with one of your favorite pre-workouts, maybe the price is more reasonable (depending on the cost per serving on your favorite preworkout). For example, I combined this frequently with IN DVST8 White Cut. I recently purchased DVST8 for $40 at $1 per serving. So for $2 I can get a hella good workout, with great pumps, focus, and endurance. In the case, I feel the price is reasonable.

Side Effects
    None, just sides from the pre-workout used.

Conclusion
    This product was very interesting in my opinion. I do recommend the product, however I am more in between MEH to YES range. As a standalone product, I would put MEH, since two scoops were needed to be effective. However when you stacked it, I'm totally in the YES I do recommend. If you're looking to purchase the product to stack with your favorite pre-workout, definitely consider this product. But if you're not big on stims and are looking for a stim free pre-workout, I'd recommend you to look for another product.

For now SR, peace.
    • Tigers Blood: 8/10

March 13, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improved Vascularity
    • Solid Pumps
    • Prop Blend
    • Expensive At Two Scoop Dosages
    • Under Dosed Ingredients
    • Filler Ingredients
    Hey ladies and gents!! I am here today to review another product I had the opportunity to review thanks to the great guys/gals at SR.com and VMI Sports. I have tried another one of VMI's products earlier and so when I saw Vasogen I thought it won't let me down either. The previous product, agmapure, didn't disappoint so my thought process was that this wouldn't either. I am still cutting (20lbs down), and am always looking to get a better pump in the gym. I LOVE pump products because, let's be serious, who doesn't want to look as big as possible in the gym? Who doesn't want to have veins popping at any given moment.

Prop blend warning!!! The label gives you 5 individual ingredients to start with and then throws you a curve ball with a prop blend of some ingredients that I feel should be listed inidividually. I'm cool with knowing how much sodium, taurine, and chloride are in the mix, but I would rather know how much agmatine sulfate, and theobromine are in it. The label doesn't list them so I'm not sure if there is enough of a dosage in it to get me where I want to be based on what I took when it was just agmatine sulfate by itself. I did find a couple of interesting ingredients in it that made me use my internet research skills to find out what they were in there for. I'll share below:

Hawthorne Berry Powder may help manage high cholesterol and high blood pressure. It's suppose to support the beneficial gut flora aka "good bacteria" that promotes nutrient digestion. The research shows it can calm your nerves with a touch of hawthorn berry powder in your diet. Hawthorn berries promote blood circulation throughout the body, which helps lower blood pressure and relieve tension. One study examined the effects of hawthorn supplementation on patients with generalized anxiety disorder. The study concluded that hawthorn was more effective at reducing anxiety than the placebo.

Schisandra Berry Powder- I have never seen this ingredient before so I got to reading up on it. Schisandra is a plant. The fruit is used as food and also to make medicine. Schisandra is used as an "adaptogen" for increasing resistance to disease and stress, increasing energy, and increasing physical performance and endurance. It is also used for preventing early aging and increasing lifespan; normalizing blood sugar and blood pressure; and stimulating the immune system and speeding recovery after surgery. It is also used for treating liver disease (hepatitis) and protecting the liver from poisons.

The taste is a little overbearing if you drink it by itself. Very TART. I mixed it, most of the time, with my preworkout which was also a blue raspberry flavor so it masked the taste much better. After I ran out of the preworkout I had to drink it by itself and I wasn't fond of it at all.

Mixability- It mixes well. By itself, with a PWO, it doesn't matter. No complaints on that part.

Dosing- I started with one scoop by itself. Then went to two by itself. Finally, I started mixing two scoops with my PWO with two scoops. At two scoops you are only getting 15 servings so that makes it a bit rough on the pocketbook.

----Effectiveness---

I found two scoops with my PWO did the best for me. The one scoop isn't for a 200lb+ man/woman. I tried and the pumps just weren't there. Almost felt like I hadn't taken anything and it was the "normal" gym pump. I highly recommend two scoops if you are my size or bigger. If you are under the 200 mark you may be able to get away with one scoop.

This is where it gets tricky. It's a pump product. Nothing more, nothing less. I found one site selling it for $40/30servings. I can't justify that for a pump product when there are preworkouts out there with great pump ingredients that don't cost that. The cheapest I was able to find it was $30/30 servings. If you have to take two scoops like me then it becomes pricey at $30/15 servings. That I might be able to get with if you were wanting to get a pump without the jitters of a stimulant PWO or no PWO at all. However, I would only buy it if I had extra money.

Side Effects

NONE!!!

Conclusion

In conclusion, Vasogen is a good product by itself. It can be a GREAT product when combined appropriately with a solid preworkout. I'm not sure I would ever take it by itself, but that's me. I can honestly say that if I was asked for a recommendation on a pump product I would still recommend this. I just wish I knew exactly how much agmapure is in it. It seems to be a lower dosage then I had tried before when I just took agmapure by itself. Again, a special thank you to the folks at SR.com and VMI Sports for working together to provide us with the outstanding opportunities. Keep em coming.

6.2
      February 27, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improved Vascularity
    • Solid Pumps
    • Filler Ingredients
    • Prop Blend
    • Expensive At Two Scoop Dosages
    • Under Dosed Ingredients

The category of purely "pump" products with the exclusion of the heavy stimulants is a relative new frontier in the supplement world and utilizing them in conjunction with pre-workout products typically makes for one ultimate concoction. So I had to claim up a Vasogen XT to see how it would stack up with some of my favorite pre-workout supplements and even solo. Cheers to VMI Sports for giving me the opportunity!

Taurine (2000mg): Popular ingredient seen in many energy drinks and pre-workouts with actually not a whole lot of significant clinical reasoning. I'm assuming that the compound is likely very cheap to add and is the primary reason we see it so much because the actual studies that looked at taurine's effects showed that is mildly improves bloodflow and may be helpful with reducing muscle cramps... that's it! Why we still see this so often in supplements still puzzles me today.

-Vasogen Swell Matrix Blend (1150mg)-
    Hawthorne Berry Powder: Used for cardiovascular disease to help regulate an arrythmic heartbeat, angina, and other symptoms but has minimal clinical research for individuals using it for recreational use.
    Schizandra Berry Power: Basically this is a popular Chinese herb that works as a antioxidant and cure all for a laundry list of diagnoses. Little actual clinical research.
    Theobromine: Seen in cocoa as a vasodilator, stimulant, and diuretic. This compound does have some significant clinical research to back up it's efficacy in the gym and getting those great pumps we all love.
    AgmaPure: This is probably the main "pump" ingredient of this product. Agmatine Sulfate has gained sufficient ground in the supplement game as one of the game changer pump products that is seen almost as much as the almighty Citrulline Malate, but we don't even know if it contains the usual clinical dosage between 500-1000mg!

Ugh! Why do supplement companies still mess with proprietary blends like this! It's insanely hard to accurately guess how much of any of these ingredients in in this blend due to blend itself being only a paltry 1.1 grams! If there's just 1.1 grams of actual working ingredients then why is the scooper nearly 7 grams. I smell fillers... and lots of them.

I had the chance to taste the Tiger's Blood flavor that I personally am not too fond of (the combo of coconut, watermelon, and strawberry is a bit wild IMO). The product typically mixed well with without any significant sediment buildup at the bottom of the bottle with the normal 8-12oz of water (more water needed if you plan on using it as a booster on top of another product of course). The dosing is fairly easy as well with a small scooper that easily bends to pour into any sized bottle if need be.

My initial uses of Vasogen XT were without any other additional pre-workouts and I have to say that using just 1 scoop solo just doesn't make the cut concerning vascularity boosting. I absolutely needed to run at least 2 scoops of the product to get a good pump and euphoric feeling I typically get with working out and I can't really say anything special about it at that dosage either! It gave me a good pump that lasted about 45 minutes into my gym session till I noticed it plateau and then slowly lowered. I personally feel like the bulk of the effect is coming from the agmatine sulfate but I don't notice or feel any difference from the additional ingredients. I thought it was a decent booster with adding a scoop to enhance any pre-workout but at $30 a pop you're almost paying more for the booster than the main pre-workout supplement!

At $30 a tub I don't believe that Vasogen XT provides enough ingredient quality nor quantity to warrant this price point. I feel like unless it is stacked with a decent pre-workout this product must be used with 2 scoops which pits it at $2 a serving or just 15 servings per tub! I'm not sure what VMI Sports was thinking regarding the pricing on this product but I'm not sure a price drop can even save this product unfortunately from judging this product from all angles...

Side Effects

No side effects were noted when taking Vasogen XT.

Conclusion

VMI Sports has been a very busy company lately with a huge arsenal of new supplements that have been generally hitting their mark! Unfortunately Vasogen XT is not one of those supplements and this mark was missed by quite a bit. They have concocted an overly expensive "pump" product with only one true clinically studied ingredient that's really worth your hard earned money and to make matters worse is that the one ingredient is part of a proprietary blend mixed with other ingredients that I felt had little to no effect on my workouts. I would normally recommend a company to just mark down their price but due to the inclusion of too many useless ingredients, high price point, and VMI Sports actually selling a fairly well-received Agmatine Sulfate product, they should just burn this bridge down and put their "pump" line money on solely that product instead. Vasogen XT isn't an awful product at all but there is just much better out there for quite a bit less at that. Cheers Fellas!
    • Tigers Blood: 6/10

Overall
    Overall
    5.5
    5.6
      February 22, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Raises Endurance
    • Expensive At Two Scoop Dosages
    • Prop Blend
    • Under Dosed Ingredients
    What's going on brothers and sisters! Before I begin, I would like thank VMI Sports and the Troopers for allowing me to try VMI's pump product VasogenXT.

I am a firm believer in using pump products, for when you are in the gym, looking pumped to impress that new babe at work, and to increase some pump in the bed room; yes, poor man's Viagra! I am always on the hunt for good pump products to try; therefore, when VasogenXT came up for the Troopers, I hesitated a bit when I saw the ingredient label. Howver, considering I had good results with VMI products in the past, I decided to give VasogenXT a run.

Man, as I eluded in my intro, the majority of the ingredients for VasogenXT are in a proprietary blend; a bit disappointed. I understand companies want to protect their secrets on how their products work, but in this day in age where many companies are being transparent, hopefully VMI might consider being transparent with VasogenXT on their next batch.

As far as the goodies in VasogenXT, there are a couple of them; however, the main Pump Matrix is in a 1.15 gram mixture, not sure how much of each ingredient we are getting. I will not go too deep on the profile, since pancow did a good job highlighting some of the goodies in VasogenXT. There is Hawthorn, which is good to help with high BP, 2 grams of Taurine, and Agmatine Sulfate, which we know, anything over 1 gram of this, you will experience a good pump and recovery assistance; not knowing how much of this is in there, leads me to believe it is under dosed.

Taste - when it comes to how a product taste, those of you who have read my reviews, taste is not much of a concern for me; as long as the product works, that is what I care. However, for those who like to taste their supplements, this was a good tasting product, I received the Tiger's blood, which was a bit odd at 1st, but I got used to it.

Mix - VasogenXT mixed well, a little settlement and it would foam up a little when I would mix it with a pre-workout.

Dosing - I took VasogenXT 15 to 20 minutes before hitting the gym

Man, I really want VasogenXT to work for me, unfortunately, it came up short. The pumps I received on VasogenXT were very minimal to say the least. I typically gauge the effectiveness of a pump product when I am working out on arms and knocking out a couple of sets of 21s. On a strong pump product, by the time I do the 2nd set of 21s, I can't even flex my biceps; however, on VasogenXT, I did not experience an intense pump. The only time I would feel a slight increase in a pump, is when I took 2 scoops, which is the only time I would get a good pump.

I did notice an increase in endurance on days I would do Cardio, which I felt when I took 2 scoops. In addition, whenever I use a pump product that my body utilizes well, I see myself more vascular, even hours after the workout; I did not experience this with VasogenXT.

Value - VasogenXT is around $29.99 and up, it depends where you shop for supplements; seems like Amazon lately has started to carry some good prices on products we here on SR like to use. The value to me was not good, considering that in order for me to get a great pump, I had to use 2 scoops, and the cost per serving went out the window.

Sides - None to speak of

Conclusion

At the end of the day VasogenXT was not a hit for me, yes, we all know that not all supplements work the same for everyone VasogenXT just did not mesh with my internal system. In my opinion, VMI may want to consider either increasing the amount of their current formulation or add some other goodies like Hydomax to assist VasogenXT in becoming more competitive with other pump products in the market. I want to thank VMI Sports again for the opportunity.
    • Tigers Blood: 7/10

Overall
    Overall
    9.5
      February 17, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improved Vascularity
    • Raises Endurance
    • Recovery
    • Prop Blend

First I would like to thank VMI Sports for allowing me to try another amazing supplement, and the SR TROOP's program for making the connection possible. My favorite supplements are pump products because you can use them for any training hours, or stack them with a stim based product. Plus pump supplements just make you feel amazing while lifting weights - at least if the product works well. In this case VasogenXT was OMAZING at providing pumps.

I'm not going to sugar coat it because yeah, the ingredient profile doesn't seem like something that would create crazy pumps. I mean it's a prop blend of 1.15g's containing 6 ingredients; one being AgmaPure, which I needed 1-1.5g's alone to get pumps. So what gives? Well, I don't know really lol but I stand behind my ratings that the pumps were awesome with or without mixing stims.

Pine bark extract is one ingredient I'm thinking is doing a lot of work because it seems to have good benefits showing NO boosting capabilities. Hawthorn berry increases blood circulation as well, and is an herb people use on cycle to protect the heart. Vinitrox is a mixture of apple and grape polyphenols, which apparently has good studies showing success in nitric oxide boosting as well.

Plus there's 2g's of Taurine to help with heart and blood health along with performance benefits such as focus and possibly pump. Again the entire pump blend looks underwhelming, but this is one to not judge by it's cover!

Taste is pretty awesome. I've sampled all the flavors to say they are good, but review wise I requested for Tiger's Blood. Pretty unique taste indeed.

Mixing is pretty good, but as I expected with all the herbs there was settling at the bottom. So while drinking make sure to keep it swirled to get all those grains down haha

Dosing was depending on what I was doing. Late night sessions only 1 scoop without anything else. Regular sessions I took 1 scoop for a bit to see how it was alone, but then started mixing with a stim pwo so I can go ape poo in the weight room. Then sometimes for just pumps like crazy I did 2 scoops on its own. I tested all methods and the results were always the same. Awesome pumps.

Pump- After using this my muscles were nice and full looking making me want this if I ever do a physique competition haha seriously loved the way my muscles were in the mirrors and co-workers even asked why my arms look a little bigger than usual. IT's THEM PUMPS FOOLS! lol but seriously worked great at creating muscle fullness showing right there that blood oxygen levels were pumping.

Vascularity - I'm still cutting down, so got water weight hiding most of my veins. However, using VasogenXT I seen veins popping I haven't seen in almost a year after extended bulking. Pretty crazy to see them pop out of nowhere, but happy about it!

Strength and Endurance - I'm not saying I was able to bench 20lb's more or anything, but an example would be the incline DB press. I normally pump out 10 reps for 110lbs., but on this supplement I was hitting 12 reps reps each week. Same applied to other exercises like DB rows etc. Muscle fatigue also seemed delayed where I could keep going for an hour without feeling drained in strength levels.

Overall an awesomely effective pump product that I definitely enjoyed.

You can find this on Amazon for $30.00, so that's a dollar per serving since there's 30 servings. This is awesome, and for any fellow veterans out there VMI is committed to providing 20% off each order! Can't really say much else on value, but if it was a little cheaper then it'd be even better :)

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall I'd recommend this supplement to anybody that was pumps with or without adding to stims. I received sample powder packets that I let co workers use and they had the same results, so it's not just me getting pumped up. Thanks again for allowing me to review VasogenXT VMI!
    • Tigers Blood: 9/10