Overall Score:   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #26 of 74 (better than 66%) in
Pre-Workout > Pump

Vasogen 60ct is a Pump Product manufactured by VMI Sports Nutrition. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.
COMPARE SIMILAR

sergiosays
TROOPer Level: 20
  March 19, 2017

(Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!)
----Introduction----

Huge shout out to VMI for this product(and the pre-workout samples, lovely!).

It has been months since i've tried truly a pump-specific product so l was more then ready for vasogen. I am currently bulking and my rep range tends to be around 8-15reps so a pump supplement was timely and suitable for my regimen.

----Ingredient Profile----

1250mg -> 1.2grams of "Swell Blend"

~Top 4 dosed ingridents~

Vitamin B3(10mg) : Helps the body convert food into fuel, increasing one's perceived energy.

Schizandra Berry Powder: This berry is considered an "adaptogen" because it properties of helping the body combat physical and mental stress..which can be perceived as "endurance." However, the research claims that 1.5g of this berry must be consumed daily to be effective, these pills do not even contain the minimum recommendation, not to mention that the 1.2 grams that are found in this product are split among 7 other ingredients.

AgmaPure Sulfate: This is a high quality of Agamatine Sulfate which is known to increase Nitric Oxide production.

PineBark Extract: Main properties include inducing an increase of blood flow.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

Dosing: 2 blood red capsules that about your normal sized pill, easy to swallow.

Taste/Mix: N/A

----Effectiveness----

Disclaimer: Vasogen was briefly taken in isolation and more often taken with some form of caffeine or pre-workout, so the "Effectiveness" denotes my overall experience.

Vascularity: Vasogen has many great qualities, however experiencing a profound increase may be an area it is lacking. Of course this is all anecdotal and subjective, but i did not experience see a burst or amplification of the veins in my arms. This product was undoubtedly effective!! However, if you're one to solely get a product because of the vascularity...this product may come off as a hit or miss. 6.5/10

Pump: After a solid warm-up I am able to feel the effects of Vasogen immediately. Usually, I like to warm up with 8 pound dumbbells to elongate the muscles and contract to allow my blood to fill my muscles. Even in my warm ups I could feel how quickly my muscles engorged without heavy weight. On the other hand, when it came time for me to do my main sets whether it was chest, arms, legs etc. vasogen does swell your muscles up. It is important to note, that the pump I experienced did allow my skin to tighten and squeeze my muscles deeply, but the pump does fall a little short of being that "skin ripping" feeling we all crave. 7.5 - 8/ 10.

**Endurance: This is where Vasogen shines! I thoroughly will advocate and glorify how this is the most significant and effective component of Vasogen. I felt like there was a direct correlation between taking this supplement and having a substantial amount of sustained energy. The way my body interpreted this sustained energy was in increased reps, longer workouts(+15 mins of solid effort), and faster recovery time between sets. A nice unexpected aspect to this supplement was a "confidence" factor in which i feel empowered to hit my set, run and catch some water, and return for my next set because I knew this product was doing its job and feeding my muscles with oxygen, so I was constantly ready. 9.5/10

----Value----

The average mark-up of this product ranges between $22-$35. Given that it does fall short in some categories and does excel in others..I would recommend buying this product on sale $22 - $30 would be a sweet spot.

----Side Effects----

No perceived side effects.

----Conclusion----
Any of you lifters who feel like energy you have is running low, falls short, and your body is simply not recovering fast enough between sets...VASOGEN has got it right, effective, and is direct is making you feel a significant increase in your endurance, every.single.time. In addition, you'll find yourself with a pleasing pump for any occasion. However, this product may/may not make the veins on your arms burst out, but no worries because it is still very effective. At $30ish, it will run you a pretty penny...if your main objective is endurance this is a BUY..but if you seek pump/vascularity maybe it would be best to wait until this product hits the sale.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Muscle Endurance
  • Improved Recovery
  • Strong Pump
  • Craved A Little More Pump
pancow
TROOPer Level: 67
  March 15, 2017

(Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!)
----Introduction----

Hello SR here to review another version of VMI's Vasogen just in capsule form. Let me thank VMI first for sending this out, and the SR TROOP's program for making the connection possible. Both powdered and capsule versions are the same, but I feel I got a lot better pumps with the powdered version instead. Regardless they were decent pumps that helped produce better results while training.

----Ingredient Profile----

Again it's a prop blend, but it says a bit more than the powdered version since the label adds sodium chloride into the prop instead of on their own. Not sure why this change but don't think it really matters. I was happy to see the awesome AgmaPure in the mix, which I would like to see another gram more of since this is a pump supplement.

Pine bark extract is one ingredient I'm thinking is doing a lot of work because it seems to have good benefits showing NO boosting capabilities. Hawthorn berry increases blood circulation as well, and is an herb people use on cycle to protect the heart. Vinitrox is a mixture of apple and grape polyphenols, which apparently has good studies showing success in nitric oxide boosting as well.

Plus there's 2g's of Taurine to help with heart and blood health along with performance benefits such as focus and possibly pump. Overall not a bad profile just didn't enter my muscles as well as powdered version.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

No taste with capsules and mixing n/a

Dosing is 2 caps pre workout, but I also used this on non training days since I believe pump supps help with my recovery as well by drawing in nutrients to the muscle cells.

----Effectiveness----

Pumps weren't as awesome but they were still there. My muscles were nice and full each use, but the vascularity in the veins just didn't pop out as well this time around. Strength boosts were pretty decent where I was adding an extra rep or 2 to my sets with heavy weights. Recovery did seem much better after training and on rest days while using this product, which is why I love most pump supplements.

I would definitely say I noticed my muscular endurance had improvements as well since I could keep going on nights I didn't use a stim (which would usually be a second workout anyways lol).

----Value----

Cheapest I found it for was $29.95. I saw an awesome sale on one website for $12.95, but I don't think a one-time sale or coupon mash up accounts for the true value rating of a supplement. So basically a dollar for each serving, which I don't think is bad for the benefits I received.

----Side Effects----

None to report

----Conclusion----

I'd recommend this to those that don't like powders or if you want a decent pump supplement to use. For me I'll stick to the VasogenXT powder since I got better results. Thanks again for this VMI!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Muscle Pump
  • Muscle Endurance
  • Improved Recovery