Ranks #70 (better than 14%)
In: Pre-Workout > Pump

Vasogen 60ct is a Pump Product manufactured by VMI Sports Nutrition. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

Pre-Workout > Pump

shinndigg
TROOPer Level: 40

May 10, 2017

Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!
One final shout out and thanks to VMI for hooking up the TROOPs with many goodies and products. Who doesn't love a good pump? Very few things can motivate you more than some muscle filling, vein popping, pump action. Here is my experience with Vasogen XT:

Dosage

2 pills, stacked with VMI's K-XR pre-workout.

Ingredient Profile (6/10)

So right off the bat we're lead to do deductive reasoning since the profile in the form of a prop blend. 2 pills is going to hit you with 1250mg of this prop blend which includes: Schizandra Berry Powder, Agmapure Agmatine Sulfate, Pine Bark Extract, Vinitrox, Hawthorne Berry Powder, Sodium Chloride, and Theobromine. All fine and well these ingredients are together in a formula, but there are two problems: 1) We don't know how much we're getting of each ingredient. And 2) By deductive reasoning, the amounts of these ingredients is likely well underdosed. E.g Agmapure, listed as the second ingredient in this blend when a 500mg to 750mg dose is the bare minimum to get any real effectiveness, 1 gram is the magic number so to speak.

So while the profile is good in theory, it's likely lacking in effective dosages.

Dosing (10/10)

These pills were reasonably sized and easy to swallow. No aftertaste or unpleasant surprises after taking these.

Effectiveness (6.5/10)

While I did feel some pumps from this, I was pretty underwhelmed for the most part. I consider a pump product to be a luxury and a non-essential, so if I'm going to use one I really want to feel it. On certain days, namely days I worked biceps or chest I could feel a little more pump than normal. When I was working legs or back, I didn't really feel anything above what a natural pump would feel. The true sign of a good pump product in my eyes is when you can feel it on leg day or back day. Vacularity was slightly above average, definitely not "vein popping" though. So overall rating I'd give for pumps is a D+ since they were inconsistent and not very strong or prevalent.

Value (8/10)

You can grab this on illpumpyouup for $22.95 for 3 servings or 77 cents per serving. Which is not a bad deal for a specialized pump product that isn't a bulk powder like citrulline or agmatine.

Conclusion and Verdict

Overall this product was kind of a letdown in my eyes. While it did deliver some pumps, it was nowhere near what I've experienced with other products, or with just citrulline and agmatine powder alone which is also a better deal financially. So unfortunately this product gets the thumbs down from me.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Affordable
  • Craved A Little More Pump
  • Pump Didnt Last Long
  • Vascularity Could Be More Apparent
shae2311
TROOPer Level: 45
  April 24, 2017

Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!

My stim tolerance was starting to build up so I grabbed this to see if I could get a good pump without all the extra stims in most preworkouts. I haven't used a product that was solely for helping with a pump in quite some time so thanks to VMI for sending this out.

2 pills gets you 1,250 mg of a prop blend of 7 ingredients, nobody here is a fan or prop blends, but in a pump product I don't so much mind it. WHat I do think is that most of this has to be underdosed. The only really popular ingredient that I recognize is AgmaPure and usually I like to see this around 1gram and at the 2nd ingredient you have to think its not anywhere near that. Other than that it seems to have a lot of ingredients that you usually don't see in pump products.

2 smaller pills that I took about 30 minutes before working out, I usually tried to take them with a higher carb/sodium meal as well.

Like the title says, this product reminded me of a bottle rocket. I took the dose and started lifting and bam the pumps came on fierce. Vascularity especially on arm days was amazing, veins popping out like crazy. The pump was solid and almost painful on some days. But after about 20-30 minutes every workout regardless of volume or intensity the pump would just fizzle out. I could go from feeling full and pumped then I would end a set, get ready to start the next set, and it was like I was starting cold. I didn't get that endurance or lasting pumps like other users have written about. Just a solid 30 minutes of great pumps and then kaput. I mixed this on a couple occasions towards the end of the bottle with a stim oriented preworkout and thatdidnt change anything in relation to duration of the pump either.

For 30 days at the suggested use the cost is between $23.00 and $28.00 which wouldn't be too bad at all if it worked for me.

Side Effects

Conclusion

It seems like all the other reviews had a really good experience with this, but it just didn't do it for me. There are other supplements out there for around the same price tag that have worked much better for me so I cant really recommend this to anyone based on my experience.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Muscle Pump
  • Affordable
  • Pump Didnt Last Long
Chuntz
TROOPer Level: 34
  April 1, 2017

Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!

First off, as always, thank you to VMI sports Nutrition for hooking up us TROOPs and allowing me to review their Vasogen Product. I've haven't had solely a pump product in about a year so I was happy to give this a try and see how the results were, as I enjoyed the ones from past supplements.

Vasogen comes at us with a propblend, but this did not bother me. We get the Vasogen Swell Matrix Blend at 1,250mg composed of Schizandra Berry Powder, Agmapure (TM), Pine Bark Extract, Vinitrox, Hawthorne Berry Powder, Sodium Chloride, and Theobromine. I'm not a fan of listing the ingredients, as you can just look at the label supplied by VMI but this is what is included in the blend mentioned above (in order). Just to touch on what I feel is most important, the binebark extract is to increase blood flow within the body, thus allowing of to achieve that pumped up feel/look. I also came across that hawthorne berry increase circulation as well. It would be nice if all dosages were available to us, but oh well.

Taste

No taste. I know myself and others sometimes receive that chemically burp from pill products, but this was not the case with these. No aftertaste from consumption at all.

Mixability

Just downed it with some water. I did not experience any stomach issues (cramping, increased bowel movements, etc.) while taking Vasogen.

I followed the recommended dosing on the bottle, which is 2 pills 20-30 minutes prior lifting. I immediately started with 2 pills and did not exceed this dosing on any day.

Lets talk about the pump first. For starters, it was there! I took this on lifting and off days. Inside the gym I tend to always have a nice pump, but Vasogen brought out the best of it. The most noticeable were in my shoulders (any day) and quads (leg day). What I loved most about it was that with other pump products I've taken, I feel it tends to wear off post workout and does not stay with you the remainder of the day. With Vasogen my forearms were noticeably more pumped up throughout the day. My arms a little bit, not so much but they already hug most of my sleeves anyway. Leg day was the best. I felt it really made my legs pop and made separation more noticeable. There were some time I wanted to see what 3 pills would do, but I did not. I loved the results but did crave a tiiiiiny bit more. In terms of endurance I cannot really speak, I did not feel like I lost of gained any while on this.

I'm a vascular guy to begin with. Particularly my front delts, forearms, ankles, and above my knees. While on this, I noticed that all the raised veins I already had branched out more. For example my shoulder and bicep veins start to come together as one, instead of just seeing the top and bottom of them. The legs in my veins did not necessarily "pop" more, the the veins in my quads are more visible. I think the most noticed noticeable change was in my quads, especially with the pump.

I was actually pretty surprised to find this for $22.95 on illpumpyouup.com (not including shipping). This falls at $0.77 a serving for a months dose. So if you plan on purchasing other products off of this site it's a steal in my opinion. Other sites run you around $30.

Side Effects

The first 2 times taking this I felt like it hit me right away and I felt a little stiff. Not stiff as in achy but more so like when you have a full pump going. Once I actually started to warm up on the bike (5 minutes) though, these feelings went away and I was fine during my lifting session. I accredit it to not taking a pump product for at least a year. Besides the first 2 days everything else was normal.

Conclusion

Looking SOLELY for a pump product, I would give this another run. I felt it really helped me pop out in certain areas as mentioned above, plus it isn't over the top expensive. For the results I received, pricing, and effects, this was a solid pump product in my eyes. Stacked with a PWO and you're in there!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Muscle Pump
  • Strong Pump
sergiosays
TROOPer Level: 35
  March 19, 2017

Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!

Huge shout out to VMI for this product(and the pre-workout samples, lovely!).

It has been months since i've tried truly a pump-specific product so l was more then ready for vasogen. I am currently bulking and my rep range tends to be around 8-15reps so a pump supplement was timely and suitable for my regimen.

1250mg -> 1.2grams of "Swell Blend"

~Top 4 dosed ingridents~

Vitamin B3(10mg) : Helps the body convert food into fuel, increasing one's perceived energy.

Schizandra Berry Powder: This berry is considered an "adaptogen" because it properties of helping the body combat physical and mental stress..which can be perceived as "endurance." However, the research claims that 1.5g of this berry must be consumed daily to be effective, these pills do not even contain the minimum recommendation, not to mention that the 1.2 grams that are found in this product are split among 7 other ingredients.

AgmaPure Sulfate: This is a high quality of Agamatine Sulfate which is known to increase Nitric Oxide production.

PineBark Extract: Main properties include inducing an increase of blood flow.

Dosing: 2 blood red capsules that about your normal sized pill, easy to swallow.

Taste/Mix: N/A

Disclaimer: Vasogen was briefly taken in isolation and more often taken with some form of caffeine or pre-workout, so the "Effectiveness" denotes my overall experience.

Vascularity: Vasogen has many great qualities, however experiencing a profound increase may be an area it is lacking. Of course this is all anecdotal and subjective, but i did not experience see a burst or amplification of the veins in my arms. This product was undoubtedly effective!! However, if you're one to solely get a product because of the vascularity...this product may come off as a hit or miss. 6.5/10

Pump: After a solid warm-up I am able to feel the effects of Vasogen immediately. Usually, I like to warm up with 8 pound dumbbells to elongate the muscles and contract to allow my blood to fill my muscles. Even in my warm ups I could feel how quickly my muscles engorged without heavy weight. On the other hand, when it came time for me to do my main sets whether it was chest, arms, legs etc. vasogen does swell your muscles up. It is important to note, that the pump I experienced did allow my skin to tighten and squeeze my muscles deeply, but the pump does fall a little short of being that "skin ripping" feeling we all crave. 7.5 - 8/ 10.

**Endurance: This is where Vasogen shines! I thoroughly will advocate and glorify how this is the most significant and effective component of Vasogen. I felt like there was a direct correlation between taking this supplement and having a substantial amount of sustained energy. The way my body interpreted this sustained energy was in increased reps, longer workouts(+15 mins of solid effort), and faster recovery time between sets. A nice unexpected aspect to this supplement was a "confidence" factor in which i feel empowered to hit my set, run and catch some water, and return for my next set because I knew this product was doing its job and feeding my muscles with oxygen, so I was constantly ready. 9.5/10

The average mark-up of this product ranges between $22-$35. Given that it does fall short in some categories and does excel in others..I would recommend buying this product on sale $22 - $30 would be a sweet spot.

Side Effects

No perceived side effects.

Conclusion

Any of you lifters who feel like energy you have is running low, falls short, and your body is simply not recovering fast enough between sets...VASOGEN has got it right, effective, and is direct is making you feel a significant increase in your endurance, every.single.time. In addition, you'll find yourself with a pleasing pump for any occasion. However, this product may/may not make the veins on your arms burst out, but no worries because it is still very effective. At $30ish, it will run you a pretty penny...if your main objective is endurance this is a BUY..but if you seek pump/vascularity maybe it would be best to wait until this product hits the sale.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Muscle Endurance
  • Improved Recovery
  • Strong Pump
pancow
TROOPer Level: 67
  March 15, 2017

Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!

Hello SR here to review another version of VMI's Vasogen just in capsule form. Let me thank VMI first for sending this out, and the SR TROOP's program for making the connection possible. Both powdered and capsule versions are the same, but I feel I got a lot better pumps with the powdered version instead. Regardless they were decent pumps that helped produce better results while training.

Again it's a prop blend, but it says a bit more than the powdered version since the label adds sodium chloride into the prop instead of on their own. Not sure why this change but don't think it really matters. I was happy to see the awesome AgmaPure in the mix, which I would like to see another gram more of since this is a pump supplement.

Pine bark extract is one ingredient I'm thinking is doing a lot of work because it seems to have good benefits showing NO boosting capabilities. Hawthorn berry increases blood circulation as well, and is an herb people use on cycle to protect the heart. Vinitrox is a mixture of apple and grape polyphenols, which apparently has good studies showing success in nitric oxide boosting as well.

Plus there's 2g's of Taurine to help with heart and blood health along with performance benefits such as focus and possibly pump. Overall not a bad profile just didn't enter my muscles as well as powdered version.

No taste with capsules and mixing n/a

Dosing is 2 caps pre workout, but I also used this on non training days since I believe pump supps help with my recovery as well by drawing in nutrients to the muscle cells.

Pumps weren't as awesome but they were still there. My muscles were nice and full each use, but the vascularity in the veins just didn't pop out as well this time around. Strength boosts were pretty decent where I was adding an extra rep or 2 to my sets with heavy weights. Recovery did seem much better after training and on rest days while using this product, which is why I love most pump supplements.

I would definitely say I noticed my muscular endurance had improvements as well since I could keep going on nights I didn't use a stim (which would usually be a second workout anyways lol).

Cheapest I found it for was $29.95. I saw an awesome sale on one website for $12.95, but I don't think a one-time sale or coupon mash up accounts for the true value rating of a supplement. So basically a dollar for each serving, which I don't think is bad for the benefits I received.

Side Effects

None to report

Conclusion

I'd recommend this to those that don't like powders or if you want a decent pump supplement to use. For me I'll stick to the VasogenXT powder since I got better results. Thanks again for this VMI!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Muscle Pump
  • Muscle Endurance
  • Improved Recovery