Vasogen Reviews

By: VMI Sports®

Pre-Workout > Pump
Vasogen is a Pump Product manufactured by VMI Sports®. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

January 1, 2019

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Muscle Endurance
  • Increased Vascularity
  • Craved A Little More Pump

I used this product by itself before each workout for about 6 weeks. It improved my vascularity considerably, and I did notice an improvement in my muscular endurance, but my pumps were not as full as they were with other pump products. It's a solid product, but it's a bit too expensive in my opinion.

I am a competing powerlifter, who is getting ready for her first meet of 2019 (5th overall). I'm currently doing Tactical Barbell, but I was doing Westside for Skinny Bastards while I was using this product.

Both programs are upper/lowers that focus on barbell lifts. I lift first thing in the morning and eat breakfast afterwards. I took Vasogen before I headed for the gym and was lifting about 20 minutes later.

Vasogen has a proprietary blend. In 2 capsules, you get:

10mg B3, 61mg Chloride, 39mg sodium, and a mix of:

Swell Matrix Blend (1250mg)

Hawthorn Berry Powder- this is often used for blood pressure and heart health.
Schizandra Berry Powder- this is often used for increasing energy and endurance
Theobromine- this is a mild stimulant that increases airflow to the lungs and can help lower blood pressure
AgmaPure- this is a trademarked form of agmatine which is a common pump enhancer. In my experience, 500mg or higher is a good dose.
Pine Bark Extract- this improves blood flow and brain performance.
Vinitrox- this is a trademarked supplement (made by Nexira). According to their study, 500mg of Vinitrox will increase time to fatigue by 13%.

The formula is interesting, but I'm not sure if there's enough of each compound. The total blend is 1250mg, so if you have 500mg for AgmaPure and 500mg for Vinitrox, that only leaves 250mg for everything else.

I couldn't find recommended dosages for every ingredient, but you want at least 200mg for theobromine, which only leaves 50mg for the other ingredients. I think VMI came up with an interesting formula, but I suspect that at least some of the ingredients are underdosed.

There's no taste or mixability to consider as this is a capsule product. The pills are of medium size. I took one dose before training.

For me, VMI went 2/3 in terms of effectiveness.

The front of the bottle advertised pumps, vasolidation, and enhanced endurance. My vascularity was pretty impressive with this product (I usually don't get a lot of vascularity as my bf is on the higher side), and my endurance was pretty good with the product (I was able to get through my entire workout without every feeling like I hit a wall), but the pumps for me, were lacking. There were there, but they just weren't very full. I have had better success with other products, e.g. just using agmatine in high doses or vaso6.

The lowest price I saw for Vasogen was $28, which I think is a fair price for 30 servings.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This was a pretty decent product. I'd like to see more agmatine in it, as I think that would lead to fuller pumps, but 2/3 ain't bad.

6.7
  December 7, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
    • Slightly Expensive
    • Possibly Underdosed
    • Slight Improvement To Pumps

What is up SR! I will not fail on my Reviews, been a heck of a few months and things are starting to look up.
    I also wanted to Apologize to VMI for taking it down to the last day for posting my review.

Alright so I have been training 3 times a week and I for the most part focus on compound movements but I always include accessory and endurance exercises that help bring in as much blood flow into the muscle as possible.

The Pill form of Vasogen is a slightly different from the powder form. The ingredient that are omitted in this pill form is L-Taurine. The only other notable difference is that the "Vasogen Swell Matrix Blend" has 100 milligrams more in the Pill form.

Now what is in these little red pills?

**Hawthorne Berry** - This has been proven to help cardiovascular health and expand the individuals blood vessels. Expanding the blood vessels will obviously help achieve a better pump.

**Schizandra berry** - This little unique berry actually helps the body control the production of cortisol (the stress hormone). We want to keep this controlled as this little hormone if over produced can hinder our performance in and out of the gym.

**Theobromine** - Has effects of expanding the blood vessels. Can be used as a stimulant and can help with mental function.

These are some of the ingredients in Vasogen, I thought would be of interest to you.

Taste/Dosing

Taste: To me it does not apply as the pills for have a taste to them at all.

Dosing: I will explain my dosing in this section but will elaborate on why in the Effectiveness section.

Method 1: Initially I dosed Vasogen as directed, 2 capsules 20 min before a workout. Then the same 2 capsules 30 min before workout.

Method 2: I also tried taking 2 capsules on non-training days as the bottle indicates, followed by the same 2 capsules on training days withing the time frame indicated on the bottle.

Method 3: My method and I do not recommend to anyone as the bottle states not to consume more than 2 capsules in a 24 hr period was 3 and then 4 capsules 30 min prior to a workout.

Keep in mind that part of my workouts included 2-3 exercises with 4-5 sets of 15-20 reps, with only 30 second rest times. You know the pump can be real when taking really short breaks and pumping out that many reps (with proper form obviously).

Method 1 and 2: The pumps did not feel different or "stronger" I noticed nothing different this time around with one serving (2 caps). I thought to myself "I probably need to do more reps and it will kick in" I then proceeded to increase the rep scheme to 20 and slower and controlled reps. this also produced no change in pump. I thought that stacking it as the bottle says to take it on off days would make the effects kick in but I was wrong.

Method 3: This is where I felt a change to my pumps. Unfortunately it was not like the pumps I received while taking Vasogen in a powdered form. I Did feel an increase in blood flow to the muscles and it was easier to obtain a pump. I was able to complete 15-20 reps without being in that sweet pain of the pump. I probably could have done maybe 3-4 more sets to reach that painful pump that we chase.

I am not saying that this not a good product. I am only informing you that I was not able to match the pumps that the powder version of Vasogen gave me. I dont know maybe the absorption is off because of the capsule casing? I honestly dont know why, I Love all VMI products that I have tried and was pretty bummed about this not working out the way I hoped it would.

My honest opinion is that this is an expensive product as you will need multiple servings for a very slight pump. You can purchase a bottle with 30 servings for around 30 dollars online.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I was pretty disappointed with the performance of Vasogen this time around. The good thing is that These reviews help Awesome Companies like VMI improve their products. This time around Vasogen pill form was not for me, but I know that the powder form is waiting for me.

June 21, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Affordable
    • Muscle Pump
    • Muscle Endurance
    • Strong Pump
    • Longer Workouts
    • Minimized Rest Time Between Sets
    • Prop Blend
    • Possibly Underdosed
    Good morning SR.com family. Today I am here to review a product I received through the SR.com TROOP program. VMI Sports partnered with SR.com to let a few of us try their Pre-Workout/Pump product called Vasogen. Everyone loves a good pump. Everyone loves to look in the mirror and see a vein or two that wasn't there previously. Since it's the summer time I figured I cant hide all that "bulking" fat I had put on over the winter so I had better start cutting. Since then, I have been steadily following a pretty strict diet. I'm eating about 3500 calories a day and still losing weight. Energy isn't a problem. When I ordered this I was looking for something that would help get the blood flowing during the workouts. Vasogen gave me what I was looking for.

*PROP BLEND WARNING*

I usually don't care for a product that throws everything together in a prop blend and runs with it. I feel like all companies should take the time to list the ingredients separately. Otherwise, to me, it looks like you are hiding something. With Vasogen, I didn't seem to mind as much. Probably because I could tell the difference from taking it and not taking it.

They list 3 ingredients individually. But, those 3 I don't care about. B-3, Chloride, and Sodium don't matter to me on the ingredient label. I'm more interested in knowing how much Hawthorne Berry Powder, Agmapure Agmatine Sulfate, and Schizandra Berry Powder are in it. Being that it's a prop blend I can't be sure that I am getting enough of the Agmapure Agmatine Sulfate. 500-750mg's is effective. Ideally you want closer to 1g. From the way I felt I looked while working out I feel like, if they are under dosed it's not by much.

Taste- There is no taste since this is in pill form.

Mixability- No mixing it with anything.

Dosing - Pretty Simple. 1-2 pills 15-30 minutes before your workout.

So, I tried Vasogen in a variety of different ways. I tried taking 1-2 pill before workouts with nothing else. I took 1-2 pills with another preworkout. Each dosage gave me better and better results. Vasogen by itself with one pill didn't do anything for me. I weigh about 210lbs so I figured it wouldn't. Upon taking two pills I could see a better pump than taking nothing/1 pill. When I combined 1 pill with another preworkout I had it seemed to work the best. The pumps/energy in the gym were outrageous. I didn't want to stop looking at myself in the mirror. I had veins coming out across my chest and it wasn't even chest day :) I thought, let me try two pills with the same preworkout.... Bad idea... don't do that. I'm guessing it was to much for my CNS. I got a headache halfway through and just felt lethargic. From that day on I would either just take two Vasogen by themselves or 1 with another preworkout. Since then I have loved the Pump and energy you get.

I found Vasogen for $30 on Amazon. This is for 60 pills which, if combined with another preworkout like I did, gives you 60 workouts for only $30. That's an easy YES for me. Especially when I know the results I'm going to get. Now, if you just want to take that by itself as your preworkout then you still get 30 workouts for $30. That's still a GREAT deal for a product that I think will give you a solid pump.

Side Effects

If you combine two Vasogen pills with another preworkout then you might regret it like I did. If you use as directed then you should be fine.

Conclusion

By itself, Vasogen is just OK... Combined with another preworkout it's REALLY GOOD. Not sure that I recommend everyone do that. But, it worked for me. The label is a prop blend that also leads me to believe that some of the ingredients may be under dosed. I don't know for sure. In the end, I do receommend that you give this a shot to see how this works out for you. With the price tag you shouldn't worry about wasting your money. I think it's worth it. Lastly, THANK YOU to SR.com and VMI Sports for giving me the opportunity to try another product. You guys ROCK!

May 10, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Affordable
    • Craved A Little More Pump
    • Pump Didnt Last Long
    • Vascularity Could Be More Apparent
    One final shout out and thanks to VMI for hooking up the TROOPs with many goodies and products. Who doesn't love a good pump? Very few things can motivate you more than some muscle filling, vein popping, pump action. Here is my experience with Vasogen XT:

Dosage

2 pills, stacked with VMI's K-XR pre-workout.

Ingredient Profile (6/10)

So right off the bat we're lead to do deductive reasoning since the profile in the form of a prop blend. 2 pills is going to hit you with 1250mg of this prop blend which includes: Schizandra Berry Powder, Agmapure Agmatine Sulfate, Pine Bark Extract, Vinitrox, Hawthorne Berry Powder, Sodium Chloride, and Theobromine. All fine and well these ingredients are together in a formula, but there are two problems: 1) We don't know how much we're getting of each ingredient. And 2) By deductive reasoning, the amounts of these ingredients is likely well underdosed. E.g Agmapure, listed as the second ingredient in this blend when a 500mg to 750mg dose is the bare minimum to get any real effectiveness, 1 gram is the magic number so to speak.

So while the profile is good in theory, it's likely lacking in effective dosages.

Dosing (10/10)

These pills were reasonably sized and easy to swallow. No aftertaste or unpleasant surprises after taking these.

Effectiveness (6.5/10)

While I did feel some pumps from this, I was pretty underwhelmed for the most part. I consider a pump product to be a luxury and a non-essential, so if I'm going to use one I really want to feel it. On certain days, namely days I worked biceps or chest I could feel a little more pump than normal. When I was working legs or back, I didn't really feel anything above what a natural pump would feel. The true sign of a good pump product in my eyes is when you can feel it on leg day or back day. Vacularity was slightly above average, definitely not "vein popping" though. So overall rating I'd give for pumps is a D+ since they were inconsistent and not very strong or prevalent.

Value (8/10)

You can grab this on illpumpyouup for $22.95 for 3 servings or 77 cents per serving. Which is not a bad deal for a specialized pump product that isn't a bulk powder like citrulline or agmatine.

Conclusion and Verdict

Overall this product was kind of a letdown in my eyes. While it did deliver some pumps, it was nowhere near what I've experienced with other products, or with just citrulline and agmatine powder alone which is also a better deal financially. So unfortunately this product gets the thumbs down from me.

April 24, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Muscle Pump
    • Affordable
    • Pump Didnt Last Long

My stim tolerance was starting to build up so I grabbed this to see if I could get a good pump without all the extra stims in most preworkouts. I haven't used a product that was solely for helping with a pump in quite some time so thanks to VMI for sending this out.

2 pills gets you 1,250 mg of a prop blend of 7 ingredients, nobody here is a fan or prop blends, but in a pump product I don't so much mind it. WHat I do think is that most of this has to be underdosed. The only really popular ingredient that I recognize is AgmaPure and usually I like to see this around 1gram and at the 2nd ingredient you have to think its not anywhere near that. Other than that it seems to have a lot of ingredients that you usually don't see in pump products.

2 smaller pills that I took about 30 minutes before working out, I usually tried to take them with a higher carb/sodium meal as well.

Like the title says, this product reminded me of a bottle rocket. I took the dose and started lifting and bam the pumps came on fierce. Vascularity especially on arm days was amazing, veins popping out like crazy. The pump was solid and almost painful on some days. But after about 20-30 minutes every workout regardless of volume or intensity the pump would just fizzle out. I could go from feeling full and pumped then I would end a set, get ready to start the next set, and it was like I was starting cold. I didn't get that endurance or lasting pumps like other users have written about. Just a solid 30 minutes of great pumps and then kaput. I mixed this on a couple occasions towards the end of the bottle with a stim oriented preworkout and thatdidnt change anything in relation to duration of the pump either.

For 30 days at the suggested use the cost is between $23.00 and $28.00 which wouldn't be too bad at all if it worked for me.

Side Effects

Conclusion

It seems like all the other reviews had a really good experience with this, but it just didn't do it for me. There are other supplements out there for around the same price tag that have worked much better for me so I cant really recommend this to anyone based on my experience.

April 1, 2017

• Craved A Little More Pump

First off, as always, thank you to VMI sports Nutrition for hooking up us TROOPs and allowing me to review their Vasogen Product. I've haven't had solely a pump product in about a year so I was happy to give this a try and see how the results were, as I enjoyed the ones from past supplements.

Vasogen comes at us with a propblend, but this did not bother me. We get the Vasogen Swell Matrix Blend at 1,250mg composed of Schizandra Berry Powder, Agmapure (TM), Pine Bark Extract, Vinitrox, Hawthorne Berry Powder, Sodium Chloride, and Theobromine. I'm not a fan of listing the ingredients, as you can just look at the label supplied by VMI but this is what is included in the blend mentioned above (in order). Just to touch on what I feel is most important, the binebark extract is to increase blood flow within the body, thus allowing of to achieve that pumped up feel/look. I also came across that hawthorne berry increase circulation as well. It would be nice if all dosages were available to us, but oh well.

Taste

No taste. I know myself and others sometimes receive that chemically burp from pill products, but this was not the case with these. No aftertaste from consumption at all.

Mixability

Just downed it with some water. I did not experience any stomach issues (cramping, increased bowel movements, etc.) while taking Vasogen.

I followed the recommended dosing on the bottle, which is 2 pills 20-30 minutes prior lifting. I immediately started with 2 pills and did not exceed this dosing on any day.

Lets talk about the pump first. For starters, it was there! I took this on lifting and off days. Inside the gym I tend to always have a nice pump, but Vasogen brought out the best of it. The most noticeable were in my shoulders (any day) and quads (leg day). What I loved most about it was that with other pump products I've taken, I feel it tends to wear off post workout and does not stay with you the remainder of the day. With Vasogen my forearms were noticeably more pumped up throughout the day. My arms a little bit, not so much but they already hug most of my sleeves anyway. Leg day was the best. I felt it really made my legs pop and made separation more noticeable. There were some time I wanted to see what 3 pills would do, but I did not. I loved the results but did crave a tiiiiiny bit more. In terms of endurance I cannot really speak, I did not feel like I lost of gained any while on this.

I'm a vascular guy to begin with. Particularly my front delts, forearms, ankles, and above my knees. While on this, I noticed that all the raised veins I already had branched out more. For example my shoulder and bicep veins start to come together as one, instead of just seeing the top and bottom of them. The legs in my veins did not necessarily "pop" more, the the veins in my quads are more visible. I think the most noticed noticeable change was in my quads, especially with the pump.

I was actually pretty surprised to find this for $22.95 on illpumpyouup.com (not including shipping). This falls at $0.77 a serving for a months dose. So if you plan on purchasing other products off of this site it's a steal in my opinion. Other sites run you around $30.

Side Effects

The first 2 times taking this I felt like it hit me right away and I felt a little stiff. Not stiff as in achy but more so like when you have a full pump going. Once I actually started to warm up on the bike (5 minutes) though, these feelings went away and I was fine during my lifting session. I accredit it to not taking a pump product for at least a year. Besides the first 2 days everything else was normal.

Conclusion

Looking SOLELY for a pump product, I would give this another run. I felt it really helped me pop out in certain areas as mentioned above, plus it isn't over the top expensive. For the results I received, pricing, and effects, this was a solid pump product in my eyes. Stacked with a PWO and you're in there!

March 19, 2017

• Improved Recovery
    • Longer Workouts
    • Minimized Rest Time Between Sets
    • Slightly Expensive
    • Vascularity Could Be More Apparent
    • Craved A Little More Pump

Huge shout out to VMI for this product(and the pre-workout samples, lovely!).

It has been months since i've tried truly a pump-specific product so l was more then ready for vasogen. I am currently bulking and my rep range tends to be around 8-15reps so a pump supplement was timely and suitable for my regimen.

1250mg -> 1.2grams of "Swell Blend"

~Top 4 dosed ingridents~

Vitamin B3(10mg) : Helps the body convert food into fuel, increasing one's perceived energy.

Schizandra Berry Powder: This berry is considered an "adaptogen" because it properties of helping the body combat physical and mental stress..which can be perceived as "endurance." However, the research claims that 1.5g of this berry must be consumed daily to be effective, these pills do not even contain the minimum recommendation, not to mention that the 1.2 grams that are found in this product are split among 7 other ingredients.

AgmaPure Sulfate: This is a high quality of Agamatine Sulfate which is known to increase Nitric Oxide production.

PineBark Extract: Main properties include inducing an increase of blood flow.

Dosing: 2 blood red capsules that about your normal sized pill, easy to swallow.

Taste/Mix: N/A

Disclaimer: Vasogen was briefly taken in isolation and more often taken with some form of caffeine or pre-workout, so the "Effectiveness" denotes my overall experience.

Vascularity: Vasogen has many great qualities, however experiencing a profound increase may be an area it is lacking. Of course this is all anecdotal and subjective, but i did not experience see a burst or amplification of the veins in my arms. This product was undoubtedly effective!! However, if you're one to solely get a product because of the vascularity...this product may come off as a hit or miss. 6.5/10

Pump: After a solid warm-up I am able to feel the effects of Vasogen immediately. Usually, I like to warm up with 8 pound dumbbells to elongate the muscles and contract to allow my blood to fill my muscles. Even in my warm ups I could feel how quickly my muscles engorged without heavy weight. On the other hand, when it came time for me to do my main sets whether it was chest, arms, legs etc. vasogen does swell your muscles up. It is important to note, that the pump I experienced did allow my skin to tighten and squeeze my muscles deeply, but the pump does fall a little short of being that "skin ripping" feeling we all crave. 7.5 - 8/ 10.

**Endurance: This is where Vasogen shines! I thoroughly will advocate and glorify how this is the most significant and effective component of Vasogen. I felt like there was a direct correlation between taking this supplement and having a substantial amount of sustained energy. The way my body interpreted this sustained energy was in increased reps, longer workouts(+15 mins of solid effort), and faster recovery time between sets. A nice unexpected aspect to this supplement was a "confidence" factor in which i feel empowered to hit my set, run and catch some water, and return for my next set because I knew this product was doing its job and feeding my muscles with oxygen, so I was constantly ready. 9.5/10

The average mark-up of this product ranges between $22-$35. Given that it does fall short in some categories and does excel in others..I would recommend buying this product on sale $22 - $30 would be a sweet spot.

Side Effects

No perceived side effects.

Conclusion

Any of you lifters who feel like energy you have is running low, falls short, and your body is simply not recovering fast enough between sets...VASOGEN has got it right, effective, and is direct is making you feel a significant increase in your endurance, every.single.time. In addition, you'll find yourself with a pleasing pump for any occasion. However, this product may/may not make the veins on your arms burst out, but no worries because it is still very effective. At $30ish, it will run you a pretty penny...if your main objective is endurance this is a BUY..but if you seek pump/vascularity maybe it would be best to wait until this product hits the sale.

March 15, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Muscle Pump
    • Muscle Endurance
    • Improved Recovery

Hello SR here to review another version of VMI's Vasogen just in capsule form. Let me thank VMI first for sending this out, and the SR TROOP's program for making the connection possible. Both powdered and capsule versions are the same, but I feel I got a lot better pumps with the powdered version instead. Regardless they were decent pumps that helped produce better results while training.

Again it's a prop blend, but it says a bit more than the powdered version since the label adds sodium chloride into the prop instead of on their own. Not sure why this change but don't think it really matters. I was happy to see the awesome AgmaPure in the mix, which I would like to see another gram more of since this is a pump supplement.

Pine bark extract is one ingredient I'm thinking is doing a lot of work because it seems to have good benefits showing NO boosting capabilities. Hawthorn berry increases blood circulation as well, and is an herb people use on cycle to protect the heart. Vinitrox is a mixture of apple and grape polyphenols, which apparently has good studies showing success in nitric oxide boosting as well.

Plus there's 2g's of Taurine to help with heart and blood health along with performance benefits such as focus and possibly pump. Overall not a bad profile just didn't enter my muscles as well as powdered version.

No taste with capsules and mixing n/a

Dosing is 2 caps pre workout, but I also used this on non training days since I believe pump supps help with my recovery as well by drawing in nutrients to the muscle cells.

Pumps weren't as awesome but they were still there. My muscles were nice and full each use, but the vascularity in the veins just didn't pop out as well this time around. Strength boosts were pretty decent where I was adding an extra rep or 2 to my sets with heavy weights. Recovery did seem much better after training and on rest days while using this product, which is why I love most pump supplements.

I would definitely say I noticed my muscular endurance had improvements as well since I could keep going on nights I didn't use a stim (which would usually be a second workout anyways lol).

Cheapest I found it for was $29.95. I saw an awesome sale on one website for $12.95, but I don't think a one-time sale or coupon mash up accounts for the true value rating of a supplement. So basically a dollar for each serving, which I don't think is bad for the benefits I received.

Side Effects

None to report

Conclusion

I'd recommend this to those that don't like powders or if you want a decent pump supplement to use. For me I'll stick to the VasogenXT powder since I got better results. Thanks again for this VMI!