S.M.A.R.T. Creatine Reviews

By: VMI Sports

Overall
Overall
Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
  October 12, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Full Label Disclosure
  • Muscle Endurance
  • Increased Power
  • Better Pump
  • Excellent Recovery
  • Needs Higher Overall Creatine Dosage
  • Needs To Increase Magnapower Dosage
  • Horrible Taste

SMART Creatine is a great choice among creatine supplements, particularly those not fond of the bloating associated with pure monohydrate.

A special thanks to VMI for their continued participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experiences with SMART Creatine. I enjoy using creatine on interval cycles for its benefits in strength, mass, energy, endurance, and recovery. However, the slight bloating I get on occasion isn't necessarily the best thing. Using various forms of creatine can help, but note that none generally carry significant advantages over the far more thoroughly studied pure monohydrate form. From my experience some different forms have their benefits though.

The profile is fully disclosed and contains three different forms of creatine including creatine citrate, creatine magnesium chelate, and creatine pyruvate. Each one is dosed at 1.2g, combining a total of 3.6g per single scoop serving.

As we know creatine in general works by helping to increase ATP energy production, hence enabling greater muscle power output potential. This also benefits endurance. While various forms of creatine exist, creatine monohydrate is the purest and most researched.

Creatine citrate is a form of creatine bound to a citrate molecule. This is said to improve the water solubility. Studies on creatine citrate are limited, but those that I have come across have not well supported citrate benefits. Furthermore, at 1.2g, clearly there is significant under dosing at creatine effective dosage is a minimum of 5g even for other forms.

Creatine Pyruvate is creatine bound to a pyruvate molecular group. Again, the studies of its benefits are limited and don't indicate promising results.

Creatine magnesium chelate is creatine bound to a magnesium chelate group. This particular form I've had good results in the past in terms of pumps and energy. Magnesium plays a role in several biological functions within the body. Therefore, binding it to creatine can be additionally beneficial within muscle. Still, at a meager 1.2g results may be hit or miss.

The profile finishes off with 200mg of sodium chloride. Sodium is a critical extracellular electrolyte playing crucial roles in fluid balance. Since creatine pulls water into muscle tissue, the added sodium chloride in theory would aid in increasing this effect. The result would be better pumps an muscle fullness.

I received the unflavored version. Despite being termed as such, the one big drawback of SMART creatine is the fact that regardless what I combined the servings in, it always added an unpleasant, strong, chemical-like, bitter taste, There was literally nothing I could do to mask it.

The mixability was also lagging. The powder did not mixed well and very often left undissolved sediment and small clumps.

The product suggests to take one scoop pre and one post. For the first week I took only one serving post workout, following a protein shake soon after. From the second week on I took one serving pre and one post, totaling two servings.

My efficacy score is based on two servings. I found that SMART Creatine helped to add an increase to my power, pump, endurance, and recovery.

I had increased complimentary energy during my workout sessions. I was able to train longer and had more efficient focus without any crash at the end of my workout.

My pump was also noticeably increased. My vascularity was improved all over and my muscles felt more swole after consecutive high volume sets. The pump remained evident all through my workout and even at the end.

My enduirance seemed better as I was feeling less fatigue and DOMS during and after my workouts. I was able to bang out more reps and more frequent sets less rest in between. My boxing sessions were longer and more intense as well as my general cardio workouts.

Recovery following workouts was most noticeably improved among all benefits. I was going to each and every workout with less soreness and letyhargy from previous workouts. I also had more natural energy and was able to continuously perform all workouts with more power output. I was maxing out on all compound movements more frequently with increased rep range.

I found SMART Creatine for as low as 13 dollars with free shipping on amazon. I think that even at two scoops, that is a really good vlalue especially considering the efficacy Though, the score does take a slight hit due to the comparison to bulk creapure, which can be purchased for close to the same and even less of a price. Still, a good value overall.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion, while creatine monohydrate will always win the race in terms of value and research, SMART Creatine is indeed a smart choice among unique creatine products. It will aid in endurance, recovery, pump, and can help increase strength potential. Just stay away from the unflavored version.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!