ProtoLyte® 100% Whey Isolate 25svg Reviews

By: VMI Sports®

Overall
Overall
Thanks to VMI Sports® for sending it out!
  February 11, 2019

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Non GMO
  • Increased Hydration
  • TRAACS Electrolytes And Minerals
  • Better Recovery
  • Mixes Perfectly
  • Tastes Great
  • Pricey
  • One Size Option

Hey guys, firstly a massive thankyou to Sr.com and their trooper program and of course to VMI for being apart of it. I love whey isolate and that's no joke, it's an integral part of my post workout ritual and VMI protolyte definitely looked all business so I decided to give this a go.

Servings per container 25.

Calories from Fat 9
Potassium Glycinate (TRAACS by Albion) 183 mg
Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate (TRAACS) 8 mg
Calcium 175 mg
Phosphorus 6% D
Other Ingredients: Non GMO Cold Pressed Whey Protein Isolate, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Xantham Gum, Sucralose, and Enzyme Blend (Protease 1, Protease 11, Amylase, Lipase & lactase)

A real quality whey isolate with added goodness in terms of a digestive aids and even electrolytes. The carb content is on the lower scale and the protein sits at a pretty 21g per serving. Overall there's not much to add here other than it looks the whey it should lol.

I was really pleasantly surprised at the taste of orange dreamsicle. I had a very awesome experience with syntha 6 and their orange flavor a few years back and I found this just as nice but not too sweet nor overwhelming. As an isolate you'd expect instant mixability and this does not disappoint, in a blended bottle this stuff mixes great with no residue nor clumps in sight. I utilized a scoop post workout with around 8oz of water.

Now like with any protein it's extremely hard to gauge effectiveness but protolyte was a tad different. I train later in the afternoons and this really complemented my results I feel. After every workout I would feel slightly more hydrated than I would without and this was very much apparent after training and even after Cardio.

I sweat buckets so the addition of the electrolytes are very smart and versatile, the addition of magnesium is very much welcome as it has awesome positive effects on your nervous system so naturally I'd feel alot more relaxed and more comfortable after every hard session.

All of this meant improved recovery and hydration which is a step ahead of most isolates on the market as its very rare to feel anything from a protein powder as such. This was definitely a win here.

Pricing ranges anywhere from $35 to $40 which makes it pretty much premium but to be honest for what your getting, the taste and variety of flavors I think it's still pretty much worthy as a scoop a day could last you quite a few workouts.

Side Effects

Conclusion

What a great product, I really thoroughly enjoyed it and wish more companies would try and be different and innovative with their whey isolates and VMI is definitely stepping in the right direction with this effective protein which is pretty much one of the better protein I have ever used. Again thank you for this opportunity Sr.com and VMI! This one is definitely recommended.
  • Orange Dreamsicle: 8/10

• dmf8625
    February 11, 2019

You may want to double check your ingredient profile information. Looks like you copy and pasted some information from another person's review but you had a completely different flavor with different macros and ingredients. How does Orange Dreamsicle contain "Peanut Flour, cookie crumbs"? :)