ProtoLyte® 100% Whey Isolate 25svg Reviews

By: VMI Sports®

Overall
Overall
Thanks to VMI Sports® for sending it out!

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Non GMO
  • TRAACS Electrolytes And Minerals
  • Increased Hydration
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Affordable
  • Mixes Perfectly
  • Better Recovery
  • Enzyme Blend

A unique whey protein isolate product that goes beyond just that by adding electrolytes to enhance hydration for maximum recovery.

I want to thank VMI Sports for this opportunity.

After trying their Major Mass, I thought it was fair to try their protein.

This is a whey protein isolate product. No blend. Just 24g of whey protein isolate.

There are 105 calories total coming from the 24g protein, 1g carbohydrate, and little to no fat.

- Whey Protein Isolate - digests and absorbs quickly while also providing a rapid rise in amino acid levels. An isolate is between a concentrate and hydrolysate.

*The ingredients below are added to enhance recovery through hydration. I think that's pretty smart, super beneficial, and unique.

Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate (TRAACS) - 500mg

Calcium Bisglycinate Chelate (TRAACS) - 300mg

Potassium Glycinate Complex (Albion) - 183mg

Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate (TRAACS) - 8mg

*The non GMO cold processed really makes a difference if you think about it. Non GMO means the milk used to make this protein came from cows that were fed properly. They were eating what they should naturally be eating to produce the most optimal milk possible. When cows consume corn and ect, the amino acid content and structure changes. There are over 5g of quality BCAA's in here because of that simple difference. The cold processed means that this protein was exposed to less heat and nutrient stripping. Making this a little more beneficial than how protein is usually processed. I will say this, some like how isolates lack fat, but fat is very important. And a cold processed concentrate with fat will deliver healthy omega fatty acids. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying.

Overall, this is a well developed protein that goes beyond protein synthesis. They start straight with the cows health to make sure this product is most effective. The enzyme blend is a blessing as well to help digest everything.

Taste - I chose Vanilla Peanut Butter. I would chose Chocolate, but I already was using Major Mass in Chocolate. Vanilla Peanut Butter just sounded good. And it was. Check this out though. I rarely mixed it with cold water or milk. I had fun with this. I always put protein in my oatmeal, but this time was different. The water at the end tasted like chai tea. It was bomb. Ever since that I mixed it in hot water. Hot water has numerous of health benefits. I'm glad this happened as I found a very healthy tasting hot beverage.

Mixability - it mixed just fine in whatever solvent used. I used hot water mostly and it dissolved no problem.

Dosing - I had fun with this one. I did one scoop in hot water in the morning and that felt really good. I usually do around 2-3 scoops a day, but I had Major Mass for awhile at the same time. Either way, this lasted 25 servings.

It does what a protein needs to do. The fact that it tastes great and mixes easily makes it work better for me as I look forward to drinking it.

Does it help me recover better than other protein? I'm sure over a good period of time I would sense a difference, but during the time on this my recovery wasn't out of the ordinary. This helped me with my recovery process by providing me protein. It kept me on track. Maintained protein synthesis. Helped build muscle. Become less fatigued.

I do appreciate the uniqueness and added benefits. Those are great moral and ethical practices. Overall, 10/10 because this did what it was suppose to do.

I see it for $40 on Tiger Fitness in a couple flavors. On the website is $50. This is a unique product, so it's tough to compare. But, NutraBio does a cold press isolate as well with around the same protein content and price tag. NutraBio has a little more servings and overall powder, but this has added electrolytes for hydration from registered sources. I feel this is a fair price, especially for the non GMO. I haven't searched to compare other products, but I'd be happy to pay this price.

Side Effects

Nothing at all. No headaches. No stomach issues. No diarrhea. All good. The enzyme blend helps a lot.

Conclusion

This did what it was suppose to do. It acts more than a protein product by adding electrolytes for hydration to enhance recovery. Overall, I do recommend trying this product if you are looking for something different to help with your goals.
    • Vanilla Peanut Butter: 10/10

• JayT
      June 19, 2018

Technically they still could eat corn and soy, it just means the corn and soy used isn't genetically modified (which isn't their natural diet; you're right about that). Ideally, if you consume dairy, you want 100% grass/pasture raised if you're worried about their diet.

And by all 10s on the two VMI products you just reviewed, you're saying you've never had anything better from their respective categories?

• Reaper61
      June 19, 2018

Nothing against the actual review, I just really caution you on continuing to hand out perfect scores and what it will do to your credibility. This is the second protein powder you have reviewed that got a perfect score, yet one has electrolytes added and the other doesn't. So that would mean that the one without would technically not be perfect since it is missing an aspect that you found to be beneficial. Just my .02

• dmf8625
      June 20, 2018 - Last Edited: 2018-06-20 00:36:33

This comment may be deemed rude, harsh and/or impolite but these 10 ratings are getting ridiculous. Out of your last six reviews, 15 out of the 18 rating selections have been 10s with the others being 9.0 (2) and 9.5 (1). There are members who have been on this site for 5+ years and probably have not given 15 ratings of 10 combined across all their reviews, let alone in the last six.

Based on all the 10s you have given products on this site, you have already found your perfect supplement stack and no longer need to claim any more "free" supplements from the TROOPer program. Are you now done with the TROOPer program? Why would you bother trying out other products when you have already found the best of the best on the market? As a fellow PricePlow follower, how would you feel if 90%+ of the products they reviewed were given a perfect score with no negatives and no room for improvement? Personally, I would start to lose confidence in their opinion and ability to be impartial. I would also start thinking they have some ulterior motive to giving everything a perfect score.

Your 10s in "Overall" mean the supplement is "Best. Product. Ever. Impossible to improve in any way". No need to look elsewhere and/or claim more supplements from SR.com. Right? In the effectiveness section, I expect you to win the Mr. Olympia coming up this year because all your 10s mean: "Insane results. I'll definitely win the Mr. Olympia next year." I know that definition is somewhat of a joke but with all the 10s being given out, I expect to see you on stage next to Phil Heath. For value, I assume you are purchasing each and every product that you have given a 10 to because your rating means: "The best deal ever. I will spend my money on nothing else." Food, rent, electricity; all should come second to purchasing these "Best. Produt. Ever." supplements that are going to win you Mr. Olympia this year, am I right?

I am sure many of us fellow reviewers spend some time agonizing over what ratings we should give each product and probably go back and forth over one to two point differences. Your reviews seem to almost always just go straight to a 10 with little thought or effort being put in. We let this slide for a little while and even started a forum post where ratings were discussed in detail by many of us on this site. Everything seemed to be well and good until today when three reviews get posted back-to-back-to-back and 8 out of the 9 ratings are given a 10. The content of your reviews is great but I have no faith or confidence in your ratings scale. I am just one person on this site and my opinion means very little, so you can continue doing what you are doing; that is your option. Just keep in mind others may start to notice the trend and question your ability to honestly review supplements on this site.

*** Ok, rant over. Please note that I am posting this same comment on each of your last three reviews for future readers who may not see all three in order on the homepage as we currently do. It is not because I am trying to be an a$$ to you.

• VMISPORTS
      Rep for this Brand
      June 21, 2018

Thanks for the review, @royalapple!

Hey @dmf8625, @JayT, @Reaper61- we don't know about any other reviews posted, but this ProtoLyte score is DEFINITELY accurate ;-)