ProtoLyte® 100% Whey Isolate 25svg Reviews

By: VMI Sports®

Overall
Overall
Thanks to VMI Sports® for sending it out!
  August 12, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Digestive Enzymes
  • Lot Of Flavors Available
  • Great Macros
  • Non GMO
  • TRAACS Electrolytes And Minerals
  • Better Recovery
  • Mixes Perfectly
  • Nice Name
  • May Be Pricey To Some

INTRODUCTION

Thanks to VMI SPORTS for constantly participating in the SR TROOP program and to SupplementReviews for making this connection possible. I lift 5 days per week, from Monday to Friday.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

Protein: 24g

Type of Protein: Whey Protein Isolate
Form of Processing: Cold Processed
BCAA (coming from Protein): 5.3g
Extras: Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Non GMO, Aspartame Free, Patented Electrolytes (500mg Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate, 300mg Calcium Bisglycinate Chelate, 183mg Potassium Glycinate Complex and 8mg Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate), Digestive Enzymes (Protease 1, Protease 11, Amylase, Lipase, Lactase).

Comments: Those are all great forms of electrolytes so well done VMI. The cholesterol is also very low which is good. Great profile.

VMI has a FAQ section of this protein here: https://www.vmisports.com/products/protolyte-whey-isolate if you need more information.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

*TASTE: I received Vanilla Peanut Butter. I don't like Vanilla flavored proteins (except Pro-Antium) but the inclusion of Peanut Butter is worth it to improve the taste. It's not very delicious but it's alright, I give it a 7/10. At the end it's a Whey Isolate protein, I don't expect it to taste better than a protein that has Whey Concentrate. With milk it's 8/10.

They sent me 1 sample of these flavors: Orange Dreamsicle (7.5/10), Chocolate Peanut Butter (8/10), Snickerdoodle (7/10), Strawberry (8/10). Surprisingly, Strawberry was the best along with Chocolate Peanut Butter. I thought Strawberry was going to be the worst lol. All were tried with Water.

MIXABILITY: No problems here.

DOSING: I took 1 scoop post-workout, sometimes inmediately post-workout and other times it was like 2 hours before bed.

EFFECTIVENESS

The first week of taking this I was very surprised because muscle soreness was zero, nothing! That's even more surprising because the week before, I was sick and wasn't able to lift so my soreness had to be higher but surprisingly it wasn't the case. I thought it was going to be an epic month with no pain! The following week, reality gave me a punch and woke me up from my 'painless dream' lol.

But Protolyte worked alright. Fast digestion (1-1.5hrs), no side effects, helped maintain muscle, helped to keep lifting daily, useful for adding protein to any meal with low protein amount.

VALUE

You can find the 1.6lbs size for $39.99 around the web (Suppz, Tigerfitness, Amazon, etc.), $34.99 (AllStarHealth) and +$45 (other websites). The most I would pay for a protein of this size is $35, not more than that. Using those patented electrolytes seems expensive though so you're probably getting what you pay for. The 4.6lbs size container is not so widely available and you can get it for $75-$80. That gives you 70 servings. The $75-80 for the bigger size is the "average" of this protein category (Whey Isolate only proteins).

So overall, it's not a bad price, you're paying what you get. I would suggest buying other things and finding coupons/promos/discounts to lower the overall price. I raised the Value a bit more (from 7 to 7.5) because I compared it with other competitors and their proteins only have Protein without anything extra. VMI's website sometimes also has a coupon discount (most brand websites do) so you could get the 4.6lbs for $64 if you get a 20% off coupon.

SIDE EFFECTS

CONCLUSION

Good taste. Great profile. If the extra ingredients are worth it depends on you but I can't deny their top quality so you're paying for what you get. I don't have complaints about this protein, I just think Isolate only proteins have their own target.
  • Vanilla Peanut Butter: 7/10