ProtoLyte® 100% Whey Isolate 25svg Reviews

By: VMI Sports®

Overall
Overall
Thanks to VMI Sports® for sending it out!
  December 31, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Ingredients
  • TRAACS Electrolytes And Minerals
  • Non GMO
  • Pricey

My first ever product to claim as a trooper which completely met expectations!

When I became Trooper nearly two months ago, I nearly finished my reserve of Whey, thus decided to request ProtoLyte because of it's interesting ingredients and positive feedback. I'm glad that it's still possible on SR to try some new and amazing products.

Calories from Fat 5
Potassium Glycinate (TRAACS by Albion) 183 mg
Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate (TRAACS) 8 mg
Calcium 175 mg
Phosphorus
Other Ingredients: Non GMO Cold Pressed Whey Protein Isolate, Cocoa Powder, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Xantham Gum, Sucralose, and Enzyme Blend.
Glutamine 4 g

L-Histidine 425 mg
L-Proline 1357 mg
L-Serine 1221 mg
L-Tyrosine 1653 mg

23-25 Grams of protein is standard for most powders, as well as these amounts of BCAA and Glutamine, but Protolyte has added extra Leucine for better synthesis of protein. Common electrolytes that are measured by doctors with blood testing include Calcium, Chloride, Magnesium, Phosphorous, Potassium , Sodium and as you can see above, Protolyte includes significant amount of them, making it for our body to stay hydrated, normalize function of our cells and our organs.
Amino Acids profile looks like so amazing! If everything listed completely meets it's description, then you don't need to pay extra cash for amino acids powders as well!
One thing for what I could't find any additional information is Enzymes Blend, what do they mean and what they really are seems very interesting.

I got Vanilla Cake Batter, which tastes like a vanilla ice cream (definitely not my favorite taste). Whenever I applied water for the first time it never mixed completely and also made much larger foam than any other powders, making it impossible to shake. But after taking it to gym and letting to rest for one hour, shake well once again and only then it mixed completely without foams.

I consumed ProtoLyte immediately after my late night workouts and as a first thing in the morning, exercised three or four times per week and before workouts consumed only 5 grams of BCAA, nothing else during the day. I felt very well recovered next morning and full of energy. I was still on cutting stage this month, thus checked my weight regularly, last three weeks I went down from 86 KG to 84 KG, but my muscles continued to grow and my arms muscles became much more defined. what's most important, I gave up weight lifting this month and started kickboxing classes and soccer only. Earlier, when I didn't consume protein alongside kickboxing, my muscles started to shrink and disappear after 2 months of training, but with whey powder they keep growing and fat continued to burn.

I'm happy to receive ProtoLyte for free, but it's very interesting to compare him with others: on Amazon.com it currently costs $37.99 ( $1.52 per serving), while their official website www.vmisports.com offers it with $49.99 ( nearly two dollars per serving!). Average price of WPI ranges from $0.5 to $1 per serving and only protein powders with additional nutrients cost so expensive, like RSP TrueFit for example $1.50 per scoop, but it doesn't cotnain any Electrolytes and amino acids.

Side Effects

Didn't experienced anything unusual, didn't drink additional digestive enzymes with this product (as I do with other Protein powders since I'm lactose sensitive) and everything was just fine.

Conclusion

Facts and numbers say everything, ProtoLyte has 42 reviews including mine and all of them are positive! So if you have some digestive issues and think of purchasing protein powder with additional enzymes, ProtoLyte is currently best option on market and if you don't mind to pay some extra dollars,then go ahead! One thing I'm dubious about this product is it's Amino Acids profile, if it's true, then it definitely totally fits it's value!
  • Vanilla Cake Batter: 8/10

• dmf8625
    January 2, 2019

Just so you are aware, VMI Sports did not add any extra Leucine or any other amino acid to this product. The numbers mentioned on the tub and what you referred to in the review are the amounts of each amino acid that is naturally occurring from the whey protein isolate.