Major Mass™ Lean Protein Gainer Reviews

By: VMI Sports®

Overall
Overall
Thanks to VMI Sports® for sending it out!
  February 28, 2019

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Keeps You Full
  • Good Meal Replacment
  • Mixes Effortlessly
  • Amazing Taste
  • Not Cost Effective At 4 Scoops

Major mass is a quality mass gainer that uses a mix of healthier ingredient alternatives than most mass gainers.

First of all, thank you to VMI Sports and to supplimentreviews for allowing me the opportunity to review this product. I am immensely sorry that it was so late, ive been super tied up with personal and schooling matters. While it hasn't auto canceled I still feel bad for it taking a while to do. This product is a mass gainer that claims to be a "lean mass gainer". This is for a person who wants to put on quality mass but isnt into a super dirty bulk. I picked this product from the troopers because i have been trying to steadily add more protein to my diet and also wanted to try a quality mass gainer.

The macros on this product are as follows for 2 scoops:
Total fat 5g
Carbohydrates 31g
Sugars 10g
Protein 20g

With this being a mass gainer there arnt many individual ingredients to cover. I will state the sources of carbs, fats, etc used though. The protein comes from a blend of Whey protein concentrate, whole milk powder, why isolate, and milk protein isolate. This is a wide variety of proteins that come together well. The milk powder and milk isolate will contain some casein so i do enjoy the use of a blend. The main source of carbs is dextrose, Carb10, and maltodextrin. This is refreshing to see because many mass gainers will stop at maltodextrin. I enjoy the fact that they encoperate slower and faster digesting carbs together to offer a steady release and less of a huge insulin spike. The fat blend uses coconut oil creamer, coconut oil powder, avocado oil powder, and MCT powder. Another addition that is fantastic is the addition of the digistisorb enzymes. The particular one that helped me was the lactase enzyme, which helped me a TON since i have lactose intolerance. I can say that i never got even a stomach ache from this product.

The taste of this product was PHENOMENAL. Thank you to VMI sports for officially ruining my expectations of future protein. I go the ice cream sandwhihc flavor and i can honestly say it is dead on. I loved drinking this stuff and it offered me a relief for for sweet tooth. I will say though that it is really sweet so if your not into sweet drinks than this isnt for you. The mix ability was also very good. The only floaters i ever got were the little pieces of crunch that ae in it. It does mix up pretty thin so you dont have to use much liquid. The dosing i used was 2 scoops per day and on some days i would do this a second time. This seemed to work out good and it fit into my nutrition well.

The effectiveness of this product was good. Protein powders are always hard to determine effectivness on because it is something that takes time to see and it is just adding to the benefit of higher protein intake. For this product i can say that i noticed a decrease in my normal recovery and i did put on some mass while i used this. I gained around 5 pounds while on this but obviously this wasnt 5 pounds of pure muscle. While i know it wasnt all muscle i was impressed with my results. I did notice more size to my shoulders specifically. The ingredients in this product are in line with adding quality nutrients to help with building muscle. I truly believe if i continued to use this than i would notice even more results. As far as my recovery i did notice a slight decrease in my soreness after hard workouts. This is in line with an increase in daily protein and this product helps to make this an easier task through the day.

This mass gainer runs for 59.99 on vmisports.com, the manufacturer. It can be found on 3rd party websites for cheaper. On Suppz.com it can be found for $38.99. If you use 2 scoops it comes out to around $1.30 per serving. If you use 4 scoops than it comes to around $2.60.

Side Effects

No side effects were experienced.

Conclusion

In conclusion, this mass gainer is a very good option for the individual that wants to increase calorie intake but dosnt want it to be from"dirty" sources. I believe this is a very good option for when somebody want to try to put on some mass and up their protein intake. The ingredients were unique and the flavor was fantastic.
  • Ice Cream Sandwich: 10/10

• dmf8625
    March 1, 2019

FYI for the value section, a little online research is expected for a TROOP reviewed product. There are multiple online sites that have this product for less than the listed price on the VMI website. For example, Suppz.com currently has this listed for $38.99 (a $21 savings compared to the mentioned price). That may for you and many other people greatly effect the value conversation for this product, especially if someone is going to use multiple tubs over a longer period of time.

• Stevenz
    March 1, 2019

Thank you very much for the critique, dmf8625. I have added the other pricing for people wanting to try it. I agree that that may sway people quite a bit!