Major Mass™ Lean Protein Gainer Reviews

By: VMI Sports®

Overall
Overall
Thanks to VMI Sports® for sending it out!
  July 21, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Keeps You Full
  • Nice Colors
  • Nice Graphics
  • Prime Ingredients
  • Mixes Effortlessly
  • Amazing Taste
  • Good Meal Replacment
  • Smooth Digestion
  • Not Cost Effective At 4 Scoops

INTRODUCTION

Thank you to VMI SPORTS for participating in the SR TROOP program and also for actively responding to messages. Thanks to SupplementReviews for making the connection brand-consumer possible. After finishing my weight/fat loss "program", I wanted to gain a bit of lean mass so this was the perfect opportunity to try VMI Major Mass. Let's see how it ended.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

2 scoops has: 30 servings, 250 calories, 6g Total Fat (3.5g Saturated), 58mg Cholesterol (19% DV), 30g Total Carbohydrates (10g from Sugar) and 20g Protein. The product does a good job classifying each ingredient into the Protein, Carbohydrate and Fat category.

Protein sources are: Whey Protein Concentrate, Whole Milk Powder, Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate. Unfortunately, it doesn't say how much amount of each protein because from those 20g, 15g could be from Whey Protein Concentrate and Whole Milk Powder, which would be dissapointing. But I would like to think that each Protein has 5g, which is alright. Overall, good protein sources.

Time Released Carbohydrate Blend: Maltodextrin, Legume based starch derived from Pisum Sativum (peas) (as Carb10 patented), Dextrose, Cocoa.

Fat Blend: Coconut Oil Creamer, Avocado Oil Powder, Coconut Oil Powder and MCT Powder.

And they also use "Digestisorb" which is a trademarked enzyme blend from VMI Sports to improve digestion, decrease bloat and increase nutrient delivery.

I give it a 9/10 here. Excellent ingredients, not a 10/10 because I don't know the exact amount of each protein form.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

TASTE: I requested other flavors but I guess they wanted us to try their 3 new flavors: Apple Pie Ala Mode, Chocolate Milkshake and Peanut Butter Cookie. I received the Chocolate Milkshake flavor. PERFECT 10/10. Impossible to improve. It tastes exactly as a Chocolate Milkshake should taste. With water it's delicious, with milk it's fantastic! They sent 1/4 sample (yea not a sample of 1 serving lol) of the other flavors they have. I had to use only 2oz of liquid for each 1/4 sample to try the flavor. My first impression is that they are all great.

MIXABILITY: No problems mixing the powder. However, a very small amount of powder constantly would be on the walls of the shaker. Nothing significant but had to mention it. Just remember, liquid first!

DOSING: I just wanted some extra calories so I only took 2 scoops daily. Once or twice I tried it with 3-4 scoops but usually I only did 2 scoops as my breakfast drink. A great and tasty way to start the day :D

EFFECTIVENESS

Being a lean mass gainer, I expected to increase a few pounds. But unfortunately, during my consumption, I got sick twice in a month! (not caused by this product). So instead of increasing the few pounds I wanted, I actually decreased a few pounds lol. That was because the days I was sick, I couldn't eat so much.

However, I noticed I didn't lose muscle significantly so that's something positive. This product was very effective giving me the 20 grams of Protein + my breakfast protein daily, also a little dose of 10g of Sugar (maybe would have liked a bit less grams here) to start the day with a few carbs and keeping me full longer until lunch time. The digestion was smooth, without problems so good job for the patented enzymes added. I didn't feel "heavy" after drinking this. All these effects combined with a very delicious taste.

VALUE

VMI's website has it for $59.99 but you're not expected to buy it from there so I won't even judge that price. Campus Protein has it for $39.99 ($35.99 if you have it delivered every X time. Suppz has it for $38.99, other retailers for $45.99 and $49.99. My Rating of "8" goes to any value that is not higher than $40. More than $40 reduces my Value score. You're getting high quality ingredients so obviously this product will be more expensive than lot of Weight Gainers out there.

SIDE EFFECTS

CONCLUSION

There are a lot of weight gainers out there but they are usually full of "stuff" you might not want and they don't taste so well by themselves. The biggest accomplishment by VMI Sports is that they made a Weight Gainer full of high quality ingredients, it doesn't have ingredients you might not want and they also made it have a very delicious taste by itself. This product also belongs to the subcategory of "Lean Mass Gainer" and not the overall category of "Weight Gainers". My only 2 critics would be the sugar amount (20g is high if you consume 4 scoops), I would prefer something like 15g sugar with 4 scoops and 7.5g sugar with 2 scoops. Not a big problem though. The other critic is that I don't know the exact amount of each protein form. Not a big deal either.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Change it to 7.5g sugar for 2 scoops and 15g sugar for 4 scoops.
2. Disclose the amount of each protein form.
3. Maybe think about having a bigger size container available.

*None of my suggestions are really that important but it would make the product even better than what it is already.
  • Chocolate Milkshake: 10/10

• jamesjsix
    July 22, 2018

Good review, I like your suggestions part and since everyone (myself included) pretty much loves this product, it adds a little something different from the rest.

• MarsheS
    July 27, 2018

@jamesjsix Thank you James!