Major Mass™ Lean Protein Gainer Reviews

By: VMI Sports®

Overall
Overall
Thanks to VMI Sports® for sending it out!
  February 11, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • -amazing Taste
  • Good Meal Replacment
  • Keeps You Full
  • Great Recovery
  • Mixes Effortlessly
  • Prime Ingredients

Whats up SR, just wanted to drop my review of VMI's Major Mass. seeing as it is still the winter months I wanted to take a little break from trying to cut slowly and see if I could take some time off my keto diet and add a little size/ some strength before beginning the pre summer grind. Once I saw the profile of Major Mass I knew I had to give it a try. Thanks to VMI and the Trooper Program for sending this out.

The profile is broken down into several serving size categories, which includes 2 scoops (250 calories/5g Fat/ 31g Carbs/ 20g Protein), 4 scoops ( 500 Calories/ 10g Fat/ 62g Carbs) & 8 scoops (1000 Calories/ 20g Fat/ 124g Carbs/ 80g Protein) per serving. I ran this with a 2 scoop serving (its easy to do the math for the larger serving) so the profile breakdown is as follows:

Serving Size 2 Scoops

Total Carbohydrate: 31g
    Dietary Fiber: 0g
    Sugars: 10g
    Protein: 20g

Ingredients: Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whole Milk Powder, Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate) Time Released Carb Blend (Maltodextrin, Legume-Based Starch Derived From Pisum Sativum (Peas) (As Carb10), Dextrose), Fat Blend (Coconut Oil Creamer, Avocado Oil Powder, Coconut Oil Powder, And MCT Powder), Non GMO Cookie Crumbs, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Sucralose And Enzyme Blend (Protease 1, Protease 11, Amylases, Lipase, And Lactase)

As you can see this is a pretty solid formula considering this is the lowest end of the serving spectrum, increasing to 8 scoops would give you 1000 calories, but seeing as I wanted to do a very slight bulk I chose to stick with 2.

Perhaps the most impressive part of this profile for me is the Fat sources they chose to use, all of which are very high quality and typically most people have success with higher quality fat sources like the ones used in Major Mass. I also like the addition of the enzyme blend, helps make everything a little easier on the gut/ body.

The flavor I received was the "Ice Cream Sandwich".... WOW. This flavor was simply amazing, it tasted like an ice cream sandwich had been melted into my shaker cup, the consistency was just right and the sweetness was perfect without making me feel sick. Awesome job VMI, and judging by the other reviews its safe to say the other flavors are spot on as well.

Mixability was shockingly good, I only used a 2 scoop serving in a shaker cup and didn't have any issue with mixability. Granted if you are using the 8 scoop serving I would recommend probably using a blender as that is a lot of powder.

Dosing is pretty much up to you, like I said I used a 2 scoop serving because I really didn't need that many calories, but if you really want to help yourself hit a caloric surplus you could easily rock the 4 scoop or 8 scoop serving.

Plain and simple this product was effective for me. I used this as a mid day snack when I got home from work to get some calories in and satisfy a sweet tooth craving, therefore this was basically a meal replacement for me. And in that role it worked perfectly, it was a great way to get some calories in after a long day at work without having to force myself to actually eat something. My recovery while using this was also very solid, no issues with DOMs or super stiff muscles, however I was running a good BCAA and was sleeping very well so I cant say this is purely from Major Mass. This product also did a great job of keeping me full between my lunch and dinner without feeling gross or lethargic like some mass gainers have the tendency to do, I attribute this to the use of higher quality carbs and fats in Major Mass, as opposed to cheaper alternatives that can cause havoc in the stomach. I always feel its important to note that no supplement is make or break, you must have your diet and training on point, so in order to get the best use out of Major Mass for the purpose of gaining mass (obviously) then you have to make sure you are in a caloric surplus, if a mass gainer can help you get there then its always a nice tool to add.

This can be found at a value of $45.99 from multiple stores, using the 30 serving dosing this runs a value of $1.53 per serving, which for the higher quality ingredients is a price I don't have an issue paying, but obviously if you use the larger serving size the value does decrease dramatically. I have seen some people find this for cheaper then $45 but I am simply going with what I can find right now value wise.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion Major Mass by VMI is exactly what it says it is, a lean mass gainer. The ability to use this in multiple serving sizes gives this product great versatility and can make it worth while for several different body types and training styles. Any product that uses higher quality ingredients will always get positive marks from me, shows the company actually cares about what goes in the products. I used this as a meal replacement to help me get some extra calories in and this filled that role perfectly, well done VMI.
    • Ice Cream Sandwich: 10/10