Major Mass™ Lean Protein Gainer Reviews

By: VMI Sports®

ARTICLES

Protein > Weight Gainers
Major Mass™ Lean Protein Gainer is a Weight Gainer manufactured by VMI Sports®. It is a protein based supplement that has additional calories from carbohydrates and fats. It is meant to add additional calories for the body in order to assist with weight and muscle mass gain.

Click here to read our
Ultimate Mass Gainer Guide

February 28, 2019

• Not Cost Effective At 4 Scoops

Major mass is a quality mass gainer that uses a mix of healthier ingredient alternatives than most mass gainers.

First of all, thank you to VMI Sports and to supplimentreviews for allowing me the opportunity to review this product. I am immensely sorry that it was so late, ive been super tied up with personal and schooling matters. While it hasn't auto canceled I still feel bad for it taking a while to do. This product is a mass gainer that claims to be a "lean mass gainer". This is for a person who wants to put on quality mass but isnt into a super dirty bulk. I picked this product from the troopers because i have been trying to steadily add more protein to my diet and also wanted to try a quality mass gainer.

The macros on this product are as follows for 2 scoops:
Total fat 5g
Carbohydrates 31g
Sugars 10g
Protein 20g

With this being a mass gainer there arnt many individual ingredients to cover. I will state the sources of carbs, fats, etc used though. The protein comes from a blend of Whey protein concentrate, whole milk powder, why isolate, and milk protein isolate. This is a wide variety of proteins that come together well. The milk powder and milk isolate will contain some casein so i do enjoy the use of a blend. The main source of carbs is dextrose, Carb10, and maltodextrin. This is refreshing to see because many mass gainers will stop at maltodextrin. I enjoy the fact that they encoperate slower and faster digesting carbs together to offer a steady release and less of a huge insulin spike. The fat blend uses coconut oil creamer, coconut oil powder, avocado oil powder, and MCT powder. Another addition that is fantastic is the addition of the digistisorb enzymes. The particular one that helped me was the lactase enzyme, which helped me a TON since i have lactose intolerance. I can say that i never got even a stomach ache from this product.

The taste of this product was PHENOMENAL. Thank you to VMI sports for officially ruining my expectations of future protein. I go the ice cream sandwhihc flavor and i can honestly say it is dead on. I loved drinking this stuff and it offered me a relief for for sweet tooth. I will say though that it is really sweet so if your not into sweet drinks than this isnt for you. The mix ability was also very good. The only floaters i ever got were the little pieces of crunch that ae in it. It does mix up pretty thin so you dont have to use much liquid. The dosing i used was 2 scoops per day and on some days i would do this a second time. This seemed to work out good and it fit into my nutrition well.

The effectiveness of this product was good. Protein powders are always hard to determine effectivness on because it is something that takes time to see and it is just adding to the benefit of higher protein intake. For this product i can say that i noticed a decrease in my normal recovery and i did put on some mass while i used this. I gained around 5 pounds while on this but obviously this wasnt 5 pounds of pure muscle. While i know it wasnt all muscle i was impressed with my results. I did notice more size to my shoulders specifically. The ingredients in this product are in line with adding quality nutrients to help with building muscle. I truly believe if i continued to use this than i would notice even more results. As far as my recovery i did notice a slight decrease in my soreness after hard workouts. This is in line with an increase in daily protein and this product helps to make this an easier task through the day.

This mass gainer runs for 59.99 on vmisports.com, the manufacturer. It can be found on 3rd party websites for cheaper. On Suppz.com it can be found for $38.99. If you use 2 scoops it comes out to around $1.30 per serving. If you use 4 scoops than it comes to around $2.60.

Side Effects

No side effects were experienced.

Conclusion

In conclusion, this mass gainer is a very good option for the individual that wants to increase calorie intake but dosnt want it to be from"dirty" sources. I believe this is a very good option for when somebody want to try to put on some mass and up their protein intake. The ingredients were unique and the flavor was fantastic.

February 10, 2019

• Price Could Use A Little Work

Major Mass is a lean mass gainer produced by VMI Sports Nutrition. It is labeled to either be taken with two scoops or four scoops, which I usually went for four every time I made myself a shake. It gives you a feeling of fullness and size as you load up your muscles. Over the time period of the entire container. I gained 3lbs of lean muscle, but can not 100% credit this to the shakes.

My names Scholl, and I am 18 years old. I lift 5 days a week and have recently been pushing my bench press to the max. My max one rep is 275 lbs, and I have been doing chest twice a week to really push myself to getting a better chest. My large build also keeps me from running as fast as I used to, so I have been working on explosive movements and cardio to increase my speed for sports like soccer and football. I am also a Les Mills certified instructor, and teach spin classes on monday's at my local gym. I am currently playing football, and everything I do within the gym is to increase or better my performance on the field. I want to say a huge thank you to VMI SN, you guys have produced quality products time after time that I have tried, and I am sorry that my review has take this long to get up. Thank you VMI!

Protein 20 g

Taste:
I originally told VMI - Send me whatever the customers love, and they came back with "okay, then you're getting marshmallow charms! At first, I thought "okay maybe I should have just asked for like peanut butter or something" but the marshmallow was delicious! Just like lucky charms, the shake comes with marshmallow pieces inside. If you have ever tried any other proteins or wheys, specifically GHOSTS cereal milk flavor, then picture cereal milk ghost with marshmallow pieces (which are delicious).

Mixability:
Never had any issues with this! Shakes are a tiny bit thicker with four scoops.

Dosing:
Okay so on the back of the product they suggest using one serving "2 scoops" or 2 servings "4 servings". Although they do not claim which would be best, I opted for the four scoops. Usually I would take the four right after my workouts or in the mornings as a meal replacement if I knew I was going to have a bad day at work and have no food on hand.

Overall, the shakes were fantastic. Like other protein/mass gainers you cant usually tell if they are working. But, with this one I am going to base this off of whether I was full for a longer time with the caloric intake, and the answer was yes. I also gained 3lbs of lean muscle, but like I said above, it is very hard to give credit the the shakes. Was it just my training? or my diet? or the shakes?. I would say all of it, which if this product is in the blueprints for gaining lean mass, then count me in.

The price that I can find online from most retailers is 49.99 for Major Mass. Although, I was able to find it for 45.99 in a couple brick and mortar stores/supplementation stores. The cost did struggle a bit, being that if you used four scoops every time, you would only have 15 shakes. Four scoops kinda makes the product go fast and your money.

Side Effects

None at all

Conclusion

Overall, with most likely my last review ever on this site, I want the thank VMI for being a huge part of this website. They created quality and great products that show in Major Mass. I loved the flavor, and the shakes were a bright part of my day. It is a viable drink that will help you reach your fitness goals.
  • Marshmallow charms: 10/10

9.1
  December 27, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Meal Replacment
  • Not Cost Effective At 4 Scoops

Big thanks to VMI Sports and SRTroops for putting another awesome product in my hands. I've been curious about trying Major Mass for some time now, and jumped at the opportunity to try it. I've had excellent results with VMI products in the past, and I'm happy to say this product lived up to expectations.

I had been on a Keto diet throughout the vast majority of 2018. As the end of the year, and the holiday season, drew closer, I decided it would be a good time to cycle off of my diet and spend some time bulking. Since I wanted to regain as much of the mass I had lost as possible before starting to cut again, I figured it would be an excellent opportunity to test out Major Mass and see if it lived up to the name.

Protein: 20g

Whey Concentrate
Whey Isolate
Milk Isolate

Carbs: 30g

Maltodextrine
Carb 10 (Derived from from peas)
Dextrose

Fats: 5g

MCT Oil
Avocado Oil
Coconut Oil

Taste - 10/10
Easily the best tasting supplement I have ever had. I requested and received the marshmallow charms flavor and it is incredible. A smooth, creamy cereal milk flavor combined with sweet marshmallow pieces. I could drink this stuff multiple times daily and probably never tire of it.

Mixability
No issues with mixability. Powder broke down fine in either milk or water. The only thing worth noting is the marshmallows get stuck in blender balls, and you have to remove the screen in shakers that use them if you want to drink it with the marshmallows.

2 scoops in 12oz of milk seemed to be the best dosage for me. I did use the 4 scoop dosage on days where I knew I may only get one meal in. On those days the shake kept me nice and full until dinner time.

So, the most important part of any review, did this work?

It exceeded expectations. Not only was it an effective meal replacement, keeping me satiated without ever feeling bloated or overly full, but it also aided in post workout recovery. I was less sore after my typical 2 hour workouts while using this product. On top of that, I really did see major gains of mass. I was able to gain lean mass throughout the use of this product, and only a small portion of increased bodyfat, likely due to my diet change (increased carbs) more than this product.

Around $50 for the tub, which is not a bad price considering how effective it is. It also seems to be on the lower price range of most weight gainers.

Side Effects

No negative side effects were experienced throughout the use of this product.

Conclusion

VMI Sports has killed it with this product. Major Mass is both delicious and effective. I only wish I could justify bulking year round in order to make this a part of my daily stack.
  • Marshmallow charms: 10/10

November 13, 2018

• Not Cost Effective At 4 Scoops

Weight gainers have always been a big thing growing up skinny. I have heard about them all my life and especially when I started working out. Sooooo I decided to give it a shot and see what it was all about. Especially since I have heard nothing but great things from VMI Sports!

I want to thank VMI Sports and TROOPers for making this possible. I was extremely excited to be given the opportunity to try this product especially since I am trying to bulk up right now!

Serving size 2 scoops
Servings per container: 30
Amount per serving

Protein 20 g

Ingredients: Other Ingredients: Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whole Milk Powder, Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate), Carb Blend (Maltodextrin, Legume-based starch derived from pisum sativum (peas) (as Carb10), Dextrose), Cocoa, Fat Blend (Coconut Oil Powder, and MCT Powder), Natural Flavors, Sucralose, and Enzyme Blend (Protease I, Protease II, Amylases, Lipase, and Lactase)

This is pretty damn clean if you ask me. Did not cause me any stomach discomfort. For me, I was looking for some clean lean mass and a mass gainer with a clean profile and BAM..... here it is. 10g of sugar does not bother me. I know some people steer away when they see some sugar listed on there.

Ice Cream Sandwich is what was sent to me and man..... was it DELICIOUS. Mixed extremely well, used a blender and never had any clumps or grittyness to it. I always looked forward to drinking it down. They absolutely nailed it on the flavor! 2 scoops is what I always did. Every now and then I would go up to 3 or 4 if i needed the extra calories. I chose almond milk with this because regular milk causes me to break out and stuff but it still tastes great!

I definitely noticed my weight go up a bit. nothing major but it was definitely noticeable... In combination of a good diet and this mass gainer you could definitely see some good results especially if you take it for a few months! I am looking forward to continuing this and seeing where I could get to! This gainer kept me full but never gave me an uncomfortable feeling. Was not hungry for a solid 2-3 hrs usually which helped out if I drank it before work... Kept me from unnecessary snacking!

suppz.com they have it for $38.99 for 40 servings which seems to be the cheapest option available as of right now.

Side Effects

Conclusion

if you are trying to make some gains and go up in weight a bit I would definitely check this supplement out asap! It tastes great, profile is clean and best of all the price for it is pretty damn good! Pick one up and try it for yourself!

October 30, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Meal Replacment
  • No Bloating
  • Balanced Profile
  • Not Cost Effective At 4 Scoops

I found this to be extremely versatile, as it was effective as both a pre or post workout meal, and also as a general meal replacement. I primarily used it as a convenient healthy breakfast every morning, and as my pre workout meal on work days. It uses high quality ingredients, provides balanced macros, and tastes amazing. I really couldn't ask for anything more in a product like this!

I'm 36 years old, and have been lifting off and on since I graduated high school. I have always primarily focused on getting stronger, so I tend to center my workouts around the big 3 powerlifting movements. For the past 6 weeks or so, I have been working 6-7 days a week, so I have only been training 3 days a week on an upper/lower split. I was on this work/training schedule for the entirety of my run of Major Mass, and it was especially helpful as a quick, filling breakfast before I left for work in the mornings, since I was usually tired and in a hurry.

Here is a quick breakdown of the ingredients (per 2 scoops):

Protein: 20g
Carbs: 31g
Fat: 5g

Macros Sources:

The protein comes from a blend of whey concentrate/isolate, whole milk powder, and milk protein isolate, so you have different rates of digestion providing a steady stream of amino acids for several hours.

The carbs come from a blend of maltodextrin, dextrose, and Carb 10, which is a legume-based starch derived from peas that purports to be a quick carb source without causing an insulin spike. This blend provides multiple carb sources of moderate to low glycemic index values.

The fats come from a combination of coconut oil, MCT oil, avocado oil, and also from the whole milk powder, so this provides a variety of healthy fats.

Enzymes:

In addition to the macro profile, Major Mass also contains an enzyme blend for digestibility. This consists of Protease 1 and 2, Amylases, Lipase, and Lactase.

All in all, I feel this is a very comprehensive and well-thought-out profile. It covers all the basics, uses quality ingredients, and the addition of enzymes rounds everything out nicely. Very solid.

I had the Ice Cream Sandwich flavor, and it was very reminiscent of cookies and cream, which I suppose is technically what an ice cream sandwich is. It tasted great in water, but even better in skim milk or almond milk. I used 2 scoops 95% of the time, but I did try 3 and 4 scoops on a couple of occasions, just to see how it tasted/mixed. The taste was phenomenal at 4 scoops, like I had blended an actual ice cream sandwich, and it mixed surprisingly well in a blender bottle. I typically stuck with 2 scoops for economy, though, and found it very enjoyable and looked forward to drinking it.

I used this in three different ways, so I will just comment on how I felt it worked for me in each of those situations.

As a meal replacement:
This was my primary use of this, and it really shined here. I get up at 5:00 am every morning for work, and being the non-morning person I am, I do not normally have time to eat a solid meal for breakfast. I really enjoyed the convenience of being able to throw a couple of scoops of this in a blender bottle and drink it on my way to work, knowing that I was getting quality nutrients. It also kept me satiated well into mid-morning, and I never felt bloated. It kept my sugar cravings down for the most part, and helped me avoid the crappy vending machine snacks I'm surrounded by on a constant basis at work.

As a pre-workout meal:
This was a great insurance policy for preworkout nutrition on work days, since there is no guarantee that I will have enough down time to eat something during the time frame needed to train after work. Having this on hand meant I could reliably get a balanced meal in me 1.5-2 hours before I trained, and I always had plenty of energy and felt strong during my workouts after using this.

As a post-workout shake:
I normally make a shake from whey isolate, skim milk, and a banana for my post workout nutrition, but Major Mass provided similar macros as well. I used this a few times in place of my normal shake for convenience, and it worked just as well here. Beyond the peace of mind of knowing I am providing my body with the nutrients it needs for recovery, I judge post-workout nutrition on how it makes me feel after a workout. I found that this made me feel as refreshed and recovered as my normal shake.

VMI has this for $59.99 for a 60-scoop container on their website, but it can also be found elsewhere online for cheaper. Amazon has the Ice Cream Sandwich and Smores flavors for $49.99 with free shipping, and the Marshmallow Charms for $45.99. At two scoops, I feel this is a very good value, especially considering that most high quality proteins are at a similar price point, while this provides some additional goodies along with the protein. However, the value does take a hit if you decide to use more than 2-3 scoops, so keep that in mind. If you are like me and typically add carbs to your protein, though, this is will provide a convenient and cost-effective option, as long as you don't get too crazy with the scooper.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This provides quality ingredients in just the right amounts, and is another homerun from VMI in my book. Everything I have tried from this company has been great, and this product was no exception. Major Mass is a versatile product that can be used to increase overall calories for someone trying to gain mass, or it can be used as a sensible and convenient meal replacement for anyone regardless of their fitness goals. Thanks again to VMI for participating in the TROOPS program, and for letting me try this!
  • Ice Cream Sandwich: 9/10

September 26, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Meal Replacment
  • -amazing Taste
  • Only Use When Burning A High Amount Of Carbs

Shout our SR and VMI! A MAJOR thank-YOU to VMI for allowing me the opportunity to sample their product Major Mass Lean Mass Gainer. I have never really tried a mass gainer before and after losing some weight recently due to changes in my eating habits, I wanted to put back on a few pounds so I decided to give this a try.

Along with your typical amino acid profile, it contains the following is based on 2 scoops:
7g of Fat
58mg of Cholesterol
125mg of Sodium
211mg of Potassium
29g of Carbs
20g of Protein

Major Mass has a 20/30/10 protein,carb,fat ratio. It also features Digestisorb to aid in digestibility and reduce bloating. Another feature is the multi-carb blend from Carb10 & Maltodextrin which combines multiple sources of low to moderateeglycemic carbs.

Dosing is 2 scoops (30 servings) or 4 scoops (15 servings). You can take this product pre or post workout. I typically took this product post workout and sometimes as a snack in the afternoon. The label does state to drink 2-4 servings for best results. Mixability was really high as I had no clumping and very little left in the shaker. Taste was by far superior than other proteins. I sampled the peanut butter cookie and it was amazing. I seriously do not think I could get tired of it. It was like a sweet treat for me.

As for effectiveness, I was very pleased with my results. As I stated earlier, this was my first time using a weight gainer so I was not real sure of what to expect. I was just hoping to actually gain some weight back quicker than it normally takes me. Although I'm a naturally slim guy, I still like to keep my carbs down, so I stuck to 1 serving day for most days with a few days mixed in a second for a snack. During the time it took me to finish the tub, I was able to put back on 5 lbs while not gaining any type of spare tire around the waist. It helped me go back up in my weight slightly where I had been lacking as well. So to say that I was extremely pleased would be an understatement.

The cheapest I found online was for about $50. Weight gainers are typically more than your standard protein so it did not seem high to me. For the quality of the product you are receiving, I think $50 is a great value for this. Especially if you are only taking 1 serving a day, sometimes 2.

Side Effects

I experienced zero side effects while taking this.

Conclusion

In conclusion, VMI put out another excellent product and I would not hesitate to tell anyone to give this a try. I highly recommend!
  • Peanut butter cookie: 10/10

Overall
Overall
8.9
  September 5, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Meal Replacment
  • Prime Ingredients

This is a awesome mass gainer/meal replacement, I loved using it and the company behind this seems to make really great products.

So to be perfectly honest, I've never actually used a mass gainer before and I was a little hesitant to try it. What I was looking for in this product was that I had read reviews about it saying its acceptable to use it as a meal replacement and that's what I wanted out of it. I needed to replace meals because sometimes I don't have time to pick something up and eat and I'd usually either skip the meal and feel hungry all day or I'd get something really unhealthy for me. I wanted something that would make me feel full and would be a good source of protein and not too many carbs and something that wasn't super unhealthy for me. I'm getting older and I'm trying different things and I'm glad I tried this because I really enjoyed it and it was very helpful for what I needed it for. VMI seems to be a company putting out some really good products and I appreciate them letting me try them.

Ok so the amount of ingredients you get is dependent on how many scoops you take but for 2 scoops you get:

250 calories, 31 g of carbs, 5 g of fat, 10 g of sugar and 20 g of protein.

This is almost exactly the ingredient profile I was looking for. When I asked a friend of mine about mass gainers, he told me to just eat real food they have too many carbs and are loaded with sugar. But I'm really satisfied with these ingredients, I believe this is a really good amount of carbs for a mass gainer and not too much sugar for me. The fat in here is also from healthy fat sources like MCT oil, Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil, and whole milk powder.

The carbs come from Carb10 and Maltodextrin, Carb10 from what I researched helps prevent blood sugar levels from spiking, it says it's a source of clean and sustaining energy.

This is a great ingredient blend for me, I really don't think I could of asked for anything better to suit my needs personally.

The taste of the Ice Cream Sandwich flavor is really good, I loved it alot. It taste exactly like it's name and I actually feel like I'm eating a Ice Cream Sandwich. I don't think they could of nailed the flavor any better, it's very good.

Ok so when it comes to mixability I tried a couple things, a blender and a shaker bottle. For some reason this tasted way better in my shaker bottle, I know its weird but it's how I felt. Also when mixing in a blender all the, i'm guessing it's chocolate, would wind up at the very bottom of the cup like all of it. But when mixing in a shaker bottle about a week or two out I found out that it mixes perfect. No chocolate left over in the bottom and it just so much better, but maybe it's just my cheap blender. I just thought I should mention it and incase you are wondering, I mixed it with milk.

I only used two scoops at a time, because the ingredient profile at this dosage was perfect for me I didn't really ever go up any. Two scoops was great for me and you should use whatever you feel is right for you given the ingredients. I took this whenever I wanted to replace a meal, either I didn't have time or I just didn't feel like it.

So as I said before I didn't use this as a mass gainer, I used it as a meal replacement and I'll give my review of the effectiveness based on that.

As a meal replacement, what I look for is ingredients and the ability to make me feel full without eating unhealthy and this was perfect for me.
    It filled me up and I wouldn't feel hungry again for hours, I really enjoyed it. I've never tried a mass gainer but I've used meal replacements in the past and they usually don't make me feel full not in the way this one does. I did feel like I maybe put on a few pounds but I didn't feel fatter I just felt like I had put on more muscle I felt bigger at the end of this but more in a healthy way. I didn't expect to lose weight while taking a mass gainer, even as a meal replacement. I loved this product it did what it was supposed to do as a meal replacement for me and it tasted great while doing it.

You can get this for $43 on amazon right now, that's about $1.43 per serving at 30 servings. I believe this is super good for me as a meal replacement, it's really cheap. And when you think about the quality of ingredients you are getting, it's a great deal. I'm thinking about buying it right now for that price with prime. For someone that uses 2 scoops like me, that's a great price, I understand it gets higher the more scoops you use but I'd imagine that's with every mass gainer.

Side Effects

No side effects for me, no feeling bloated or any digestion issues.

Conclusion

This is a really great product, I loved using it as a meal replacement. It made feel full when I needed it and it kept me satisfied till the last scoop. VMI seems like a really good company and uses quality ingredients. I loved the Ice Cream Sandwich Flavor but when I buy it I'm probably gonna try a new flavor as I want to see if it matches up to this one. It's at a great price point and has the perfect ingredient profile I'm looking for, nothing more I can ask for.

August 16, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Meal Replacment
    • Keeps You Full
    • Amazing Taste
    • Mixes Effortlessly
    • Great Recovery
    • Prime Ingredients
    • Has Real Marshmallows

Major Mass is a versatile mass gainer that can be substituted as a meal replacement. My experience with Major Mass was quite positive.

In essence the purpose of a Mass gainer is to add calories with the convenience of it being in a shake form and not having to sit down and chow down on a whole meal. We all have hectic moments in our life, or there are days where you know you need to eat/ingest some calories but you don't want to cook or you don't want to eat that "Suffer Chicken"(Bone Dry once reheated). Well don't worry Major Mass provides the convenience and flavor.

Below is a quick breakdown of some of the ingredients that

Protein:

Whey Concentrate
      Whey Isolate
      Milk Isolate

Carbs:

Maltodextrine
      Carb 10 (Derived from from peas)
      Dextrose

Fats:

MCT Oil
      Avocado Oil
      Coconut Oil

Looking over this profile you can tell that they did their research on how to provide a quality ingredients. One example is not using cheaper alternatives to carb sources (even though there is some dextrose), and Fats. I mean there is probably very few companies out there using Avocado oil, MCT oil and Coconut oil as the fat source for their mass gainer products.

I received the S'mores flavors, right off the bat VMI is nailing it with the flavors. Not that this tastes exactly like S'mores but it is very delicious and you even get mini marshmallows. Personally this tasted like a Chocolate milk shake to me. Mixability was pretty fantastic, the only thing that seemed to settle was this very tasty chocolate substance, only if left in the shaker or cup for a few minutes without any movement at all. 99% of the time I found that 250 calories or 2 scoops was the perfect dose for me. I only ended up drinking one 4 scoop serving once, because I forgot my lunch at home and did not want to eat garbage food. This managed to keep me feeling satisfied until after my workout.

So in this portion of the review you would normally state how the product made you feel. In this case I will judge Major Mass on its ability to keep me feeling satiated.

Major Mass is a versatile product, because it can be a perfect pre and post workout meal. Now did it keep me feeling satisfied or did was I still hangry?

As I mentioned above 2 scoops was my sweet spot and preferred dose. I would use it in the mornings on my way to work, I rather have those extra 15-20 minutes of sleep instead of a hot breakfast. Especially with such delicious flavor it was like a treat in itself. I would normally either drink in my car on my way to work at 7:45am or once at work 8:15am. Now lunch time is closer to 1 or 1:30 pm depending on how busy I am. So I was without food for anywhere between 5 - 6. Major Mass managed to keep me feeling full pretty much the 6 hours on occasions. This is meal replacement with versatility and quality of ingredients from a trusted company. I give Major Mass a Major thumbs up!

*I will provide my thoughts on value based on a 2 scoop serving. Providing you with 30 servings*

I found Major Mass on Campus Protein for $39.99 this gives you a price per serving of $1.33. With total honesty a healthy meal/snack with similar macros will probably cost you more. As a SUPPLEMENT I can find good value especially because VMI is using quality ingredients.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I have mentioned that Major Mass provides its consumers with quality ingredients, easy dosing at either 2 or 4 scoops and very delicious flavor. It has the ability to keep you feeling satiated and at the same time make sure you don't eat garbage sweets.
      • Smores: 9/10

August 13, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Good Meal Replacment
      • Keeps You Full
      • Versatile
      • Not Cost Effective At 4 Scoops

Hi guys, I'd firstly like to say thank you to supplementreviews.com and VMI for this opportunity to try out Major mass via the trooper program! I was on the look out for major mass for sometime, it's been getting rave reviews and the flavoring sounded great, being off-season really allowed me to utilize it correctly.

Serving size 2 scoops
      Servings per container: 30
      Amount per serving

Protein 20 g

A really impressive array of carbs/healthy fats and a few sources of protein. The only thing I didn't enjoy was the addition of dextrose I'd prefer to see something else instead maybe oat flour as it's a lower gi choice and could add an improved texture and thickness - as I used primarily as a meal replacement or a pre workout meal but I guess that's the only flaw if there was one, because it worked and the profile is really on the premium end.

Taste

Marshmallow charms

A really brilliant flavor, it has a cereal milk flavor which is a nice blend of sweet and tart as such, the real marshmallow bits are a real treat and they were pleasantly soft in water/milk which I was surprised as I was expecting hard bits. Overall they nailed the flavoring. In milk or in water the flavoring wasn't that much different which was great. It is a lot more watery than expected but I didn't mind too much although I suppose 4 scoops would be a better consistency.

Mixability

Surprisingly enough mixibility was so good, I didn't use a sieve due to the bits I wanted but after a vigorous shake there was basically no residue or chunks other than the marshmallow bits.

2 scoops in 300ml of milk or water suited me just fine.

As noted this was utilized in my offseason, where not too much consideration is needed with with goes in. I have learned to take it easy but that being said i found major mass to be really versatile, I didn't do the full 4 scoops being that I'm pretty happy with the macros at 2 scoops but if one is an ectomorph I can totally see a full serving being the way to better mass gainzzz.

This was a meal replacement for me, so it was effective for me in these regards:

Lean mass gains: it totally did what the label said about mass, now at 2 scoops there was still noticeable gains or the common areas such as arms and shoulders, but it's hand in hand with my training regime where I targeted those specific points. I gained about 3/5kgs during my usage of this but I really enjoyed that it never contributed to fat gains especially since my stomach and sides are targets that have a habit of gaining unwanted adipose.

Recovery: overall I felt that this somewhat assisted in a better recovery and I'm saying this as I'm comparing my overall experience to that before I had major mass. Better recovery always equals better gainz and that I appreciate, I can only assume a full serving would be the holy grail of the above.

Versatility: although I did use this primarily as a pre workout meal, I found this to be a good on the go meal especially in the mornings or on the road. I appreciate this aspect the most as you can still add creatine etc if you wanted to use this as a post workout shake.

Hunger buster: lol I can't forget this, a real fulfilling shake, it kept hunger at bay for a long time. Even in water I really wouldn't feel hungry which makes it great if your day is busy and hitting a real solid meal is hard or you just don't feel like a solid meal, hey it happens lol.

I mean I am rating this as a meal replacement and as a meal replacement it's pretty spot on and made my lifting and days a lot easier and I really can't fault this. I have to add i had no digestive issues at all which is fantastic because I normally bloat or have stomach issues. Overall a pretty phenomenal lean mass gainer.

The cheapest I could find major mass is at campus protein for around $40, and $40 for 30 servings (well for me as I used only 2 scoops) is really awesome value for money and as a meal replacement it's ideal and makes the most financial and nutritional sense to me. Now I have seen a suggestion that you can hit 8 scoops in a day which is pretty heavy lol especially since that tub would be empty in a little over a week lmao. But it all depends on your goals and how much your willing to spend. If I was an ectomorph I'd use a lot more than what I did but then expect value to suffer dramatically. But $40 for a month was really legit and for what I get in a tub - I wouldn't mind seeing the addition of greens and reds in this or a total different product that is an actual meal replacement.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I am super impressed by VMI, major mass is really an awesome product that tastes phenomenal and at 2 scoops it's very affordable and worth the money. I loved the additions of their healthy fats and their carb blend - it's definitely a premium product and not your run of the mill whey concentrate, taurine, creatine mono and dextrose blend lol. This definitely topples the competition as it can be anything you want it to be. Again a very big thank you to Supplementreviews.com and VMI for this amazing opportunity that I hold dear to my heart as this is definitely one of my favorite supplements.

Peace

Fridge
      • Marshmallow charms: 9/10

August 13, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Good Meal Replacment
      • Not Cost Effective At 4 Scoops

A nice versatile protein powder that can be used as a way to increase your calorie intake, replace a meal in your daily diet, or even be used as a pre/post workout protein.

I've only used one other Mass Gainer protein in my life, and that was 5+ years ago when I worked at GNC. Usually, I'm the stereotypical mass gainer "hatur" who criticizes them. I always recommend kids looking to gain mass to make their own, like simply adding ground up oatmeal, peanut butter, whey, and milk into a blender. Still, after looking at the profile of this one, I didn't see the usual 100+ grams of carbs coming from maltodextrin. I saw a well formulated product which didn't have the same macro breakdown as other products on the market.

I also saw the interesting flavor options... see below.

First thing I have to mention, is the Carb 10. I am a fan of Carb 10, and wish more companies would use it. Works just as well as HBCD in my experience. As you can see in the macros posted below, it isn't really that high in calories compared to other products. Honestly, if there was 5-7 grams of fiber in here, I'd say it would be the perfect macro breakdown for my specific goals.

Macros
      2 scoops give you:

5f
      30c
      20p

What I like about this, is that it isn't simply loaded with dextrose or maltodextrin. It's not like any other mass gainer out there. While there is some dextrose and maltodextrin in here, you only get 10 grams of sugar per serving. No complaints from me.

I like the included enzymes, which help you digest the protein. As for the protein itself, it is a blend or milk protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, and whole milk powder. Only mild complaint here is that there is no disclosure on the amounts of protein. Not knocking it down really, but with companies like NutraBio, Ghost, and MAN Sports going full disclosure with their products, it's nice to see companies do it.

The fat in here is interesting. You get MCT oil/coconut oil powder, but what really caught my eye is the avocado oil powder. I have never seen this form of fat used in a protein. Unfortunately, we can't see how many monounsaturated fats are in here, and with 7 grams of saturated fat I'm going to assume that it is very low. Still nice to see!

I received the Lucky Charms knock off flavor. It was just too interesting to pass up. Now I've always thought that Lucky Charms were overrated, but still fairly enjoyable. One feature that is enjoyable with Major Mass are the added marshmallows. Seems to be a trend these days, companies adding cereal bits, cookie chunks, and even candy... I dig it.

It tastes like a mild lucky charms, nothing that I'd buy for myself, but def worth trying if you're a fan of cereal like I am. I'd like to see what VMI could do with a Fruity Pebbles flavor.

It mixes very well, I never had a clump to complain about. I would advise drinking this quickly after shaking however, as the marshmallows can sink to the bottom and get stuck... who wants to miss out on marshmallows?

After reading all of the other reviews, you really can't go wrong with any flavor really.

I usually took 2 scoops (so 30 carbs), if I'm going to fill in 62 carbs in one sitting, I'm going to eat them.

I found Major Mass to be very versatile. With the Carb 10, I was able to use this as a pre-workout meal and post-workout. I also used as a MRP for my drive to work.

As a pre-workout:

Due to the Carb 10, I noticed increased endurance while lifting, similar to when I take Super Carb from Nutrabio. I've used Carb 10 in the past, and enjoyed it then, and I enjoyed it here as well. Sometimes I simply don't have time to eat before I go to the gym, so this was convenient. Usually, I eat chicken and rice, but Major Mass was simply more convenient. I'd prefer everyone used whole food, but this worked quite well and was a time saver.

As a MRP:

The main reason I got this was to replace my breakfast. My morning drive to work takes me about 1.5 hours-2 hours, so I usually just skip breakfast and fast until lunch. While I don't mind fasting, sometimes I just feel better when I eat something early. Major mass helped keep my appetite at bay before I ate lunch. Works well, would be better if there was some fiber however.

I did mention using this as a post-workout. I only did that twice I believe, so I'm not going to comment on that. Of course I have to mention how this digested very well for me. I don't have issues digesting whey as it is so take my comment for what it is worth.

You can get this for $46 through several online retailers. This is a fair price for 30 servings, especially when you consider the sources of calories in here. I'd still recommend eating whole food, this is a nice alternative for when you simply don't have time to eat.

If you're looking for an all out mass gainer, I'd still advise going for a blend of ground oatmeal, peanut butter, milk, and protein powder.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I'd recommend giving Major Mass a try. While I personally won't be keeping this on hand, it could come in handy if you want a quick pre-workout meal or meal replacement. It comes good in a pinch, and the flavoring is top notch.
      • Marshmallow charms: 8/10