Major Mass™ Lean Protein Gainer Reviews

By: VMI Sports

(Better than 100% in Weight Gainers)

Major Mass™ Lean Protein Gainer is a Weight Gainer manufactured by VMI Sports. It is a protein based supplement that has additional calories from carbohydrates and fats. It is meant to add additional calories for the body in order to assist with weight and muscle mass gain.

Click here to read our
Ultimate Mass Gainer Guide
ARTICLES

Protein > Weight Gainers

March 8, 2018

• Some Sides When Taking More Than Two Scoops

I do not usually take mass gainers but after reviewing VMI's protein isolate supplement I wanted to give this a try. Furthermore, the flavors on this product sounded great. So, here is the review.

Major Mass comes in a 60 scoop tub and I received the S'Mores flavor. There are three different serving sizes that are broken down in the supplement facts. At two scoops it contains 250 calories, 5g of fat, 31g of carbs, and 20g of protein. At four scoops it has 500 calories, 10g of fat, 63g of carbs, and 40g of protein. Finally, at eight scoops it comes in with 1000 calories, 20g of fat, 124g of carbs, and 80g of protein. I really like how they break it down in these different serving sizes. I think most people will end up taking between two and four scoops and having it broken down for macro purposes is great.

The protein source for this product is a protein blend that contains whey protein concentrate, whole milk protein, whey protein isolate, and milk protein isolate. I am hit or miss when it comes to whether I will have side effects from a blend heavy with whey protein concentrate. In the case of Major Mass, I did have slight side effects. It was nothing huge but I would not mind seeing more whey protein isolate in the blend. After the protein you have a time released carb blend consisting of maltodextrin, carbo 10, and dextrose. Than you have cocoa powder, dehydrated marshmallows, natural flavors, sucralose, and an enzyme blend.

The flavor that I had was S'Mores and it tasted fantastic. They really nailed the flavor of S'Mores even down to the subtle hint of cinnamon from the graham crackers. When you first drink this you are hit with a subtle chocolate taste that is followed by a slight cinnamon flavor and it ends with a marshmallow taste. Now, there are actual small marshmallows in the product similar to hot cocoa mix. While I did like them they sometimes made drinking the shake a little awkward since I did not want to swallow them whole. It was not at all bad but I am not really a fan of having anything in my shake that messes with the texture. This was similar to Ghost Whey, which had pie crust. In terms of mixability, it mixed fairly well but would foam very slightly when mixed with milk. I already mentioned the marshmallows and they did not dissolve or anything, which was expected. As far as dosing goes, I used this to fill my macros so it really depended on the day. I mostly used two scoops but some days I went up.

It is hard to rate the effectiveness of this product as I used it as a food to fill my macros. When taking two scoops I noticed that it kept me full for about two hours. Every scoop after two I noticed it was about another hour of keeping be sated. Now, whenever I went above two scoops I did get some side effects so I usually stuck to just two. I was happy with a scoop an hour for keeping me sated. I will note that with regular protein supplements I am hungry shortly after taking them. Another way this product was effective is the taste and my desire to actually take it. This protein tastes phenomenal and I looked forward to taking it. I have had protein shakes that were gross and it was hard to even choke down.

One area I felt that this was effective was improved recovery. I noticed that while taking this I was slightly less sore. In addition, when taking this after my workouts I would notice I was not as drained as I usually am with a standard protein shake. This was especially notable after running when I am usually wiped out but when taking this I was not as tired. Overall, this was a great protein product and I liked the versatility of it for filling my macros.

At the time of this writing I found Major Mass at Campus Protein for $38.99 for a full container. At one scoop you are looking at $0.64 and at the dosage I most used of two scoops it is $1.29. It is hard to compare the price of this to other mass gainer products. However, the two I could find that were close are Optimum Nutrition Pro Gainer and Redcon1 MRE. I will do the comparison basing it off an equivalent of the $1.29 serving of Major Mass. A comparable serving Optimum Nutrition Pro Gainer is a half scoop that will go for $1.48. Redcon1 MRE for two scoops is $1.60 per serving. So, Major Mass is competitively priced and I think it comes down to what you want and how you can handle whey protein blends.

Side Effects

I did have some slight gas, heavy feeling and bloating when I took more than two scoops at anyone time. At times when taking two scoops I would still get gas without the the heavy feeling or bloating. I think it has to do with the first protein being whey protein concentrate. I am hit or miss with side effects from whey blends and this one hit me a little bit.

Conclusion

Major Mass is a great tasting lean mass gainer that I am glad I got to try. It was effective for me in terms of recovery, keeping me full, and being great tasting. I did have some side effects from it but keeping my dosage on the lower side stopped them for the most part. I definitely recommend giving this a try! Thank you to VMI Sports for sending out the product.

-Xcmiler
  • Smores: 9/10

Other Prices:
Amazon   $49.99
VMI Sports   $59.99

February 27, 2018

• Not Cost Effective At 4 Scoops

First off, I want to thank VMI Sports and the TROOP program for giving me the opportunity to review this product. I almost always use whey protein post workout (WPI/WPC/Combo) and generally don't take gainers. Since my days playing football, I just haven't wanted to get any bigger so I haven't really had the need for a gainer. Also, gainers (imo) are usually full of tons of cheap ingredients and I feel that I can make my own gainer for less money.

VMI Sports Major Mass truly did catch my eye. I like the idea of a lean gainer. Plus, I have recently switched up my workout routine to include more olympic lifting and I feel like a few extra carbs/calories/fat won't hurt.

Serving Size 2 Scoops
Servings Per Container 30
Total Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 31g
Sugars 10g
Protein 20g

At two scoops, I really like the ingredient profile. I feel like it gives you a good ratio of carbs:fat:protein. Additionally, I really like the inclusion of the various fat/protein/carb blends that I will include in more detail below. I feel like this supplement uses quality ingredients to help you recover, whereas many other gainers just use cheap ingredients to jack up the calories and save the company costs.

I had the Marshmallow Charms flavor and was not disappointed. It tasted like you were drinking the leftover milk from a bowl of lucky charms. The product even had little marshmallows in it. It was honestly so good and I looked forward to it everyday. It is one of my favorite tasting post-workouts to date (and yes I know gainers are generally pretty tasty).

Major Mass mixed very well. I would usually mix 2 scoops in about 8 ounces of water and found that the powder mixed completely and had a good consistency. Naturally, the marshmallows float at the top of your shake...unless you leave the shake long enough for them to dissolve.

I never took this at more than 2 scoops, because I didn't feel the need for all of the added calories, fat, and carbs.

I think this product is very effective when it comes to recovery and adding lean muscle. I found that I did gain a few pounds over the course of my use of Major Mass, while still maintaining a lean appearance. I would think that it would be even more effective as a gainer if you were to take 3 or 4 scoops at a time, but at that point I would question whether a gainer is really cost effective. Therefore, I think the sweet spot is right at two scoops--where the product will help give you good clean calories and still be somewhat cost effective.

As another reviewer pointed out, the cheapest online will get you about $1.33 per 2-scoop serving. I think this is fairly reasonable for a gainer, given that the calories you are getting are from top notch quality ingredients like carb10, mcts, and whey protein. If you were to take 2 servings at a time (4 scoops) I don't think the value is very good.

Side Effects

Gained a couple pounds. Felt full after drinking, causing me to not want to eat dinner.

Conclusion

This is the best tasting post-workout supplement that I have taken so far. If you are like me and want some quality calories to help you get bigger while staying lean, this is a great option. I believe that people looking for massive amounts of calories can make a gainer for less money, but if you like the idea of a "lean gainer" this is a phenomenal option.

Other Prices:
Amazon   $49.99
VMI Sports   $59.99

February 19, 2018

• Amazing Taste

First and foremost I would like to thank VMI Sports for sending me out their product so I could try it and review it for you guys. I would also like to thank SR for providing me the opportunity and the tools so that I can share with you guys my experience.

I usually love to have mass gainers in the evening to substitute my dinner and go easy on the stomach. I also like the fact that I get all the nutrients that I would need for my body to replenish and rebuild itself after a hard workout. The love my body gives me in return is the quick recovery ... When I noticed this offering I couldn't resist .. The profile looks awesome so I claimed it.

One serving which is two spoons has;

250 Calories
    Fat 5 g
    Cholesterol 58 mg
    Sodium 125 mg
    Potassium 187 mg
    Carbohydrates 31 g
    Protein 20 g

These are really good numbers for a mass gainer. The protein is sources from whey protein concentrate, whole milk powder, whey protein Isolate, and milk protein isolates. Carbs comes from Maltodextrin, peas aka Carb10 and Dextrose. Fat comes from Coconut oil creamer, avocado oil powder, coconut oil powder and MCT powder.

All these sources are great and I have nothing negative to say.

FANTASTICALLY AMAZING!!! ... It's like having lucky charms, letting it soak in the milk throwing out everything and just leaving the marshmallows and milk. This was something I truly enjoyed every time and it felt more like a treat than a necessity. I wished everything that I supplemented tasted this good. This has real marshmallows and it can be a bit sweet ... but I personally enjoyed it tremendously.

I used 4 scoops with 14 oz of milk and it mixed fine after just few shakes. I didn't have any problem mixing this and did not require a blender. I did it the same way I would with a regular whey protein. It obviously didn't mix as fast and easy as Isolate but I would compare it to whey concentrate.

I took this every time in the evening after my workout to skip my dinner. I personally think that this is way better than eating something solid before bed. So it did two things for me ... it kept my macros and and my hunger in check. This really helped me out with being full. It didn't per say make me bigger since my weight stay the same but it definitely left my stomach healthier since hopefully it didn't need to work over time to process what I ate in the evening. As far as lean muscle ... I don't think me or anyone else will be able to tell if they are getting leaner by taking 15 servings. I'm sure in the long haul it would make me leaner since having this for dinner and not snaking would probably make me loose that unwanted fat. Secondly, my body would be getting everything it needs to rebuild after a hard workout.

So currently I found this for 40$ at campusprotein.com which will cost you 2.66 if you took 4 scoops (2 servings) like me or 1.33 if you just took the 2 scoops (1 serving). I have reviewed a mass gainer before and this is a bit more expensive. But, price is not value and this offers more protein, more carbs and more fat. Did I mention that the taste in unbeatable? One would wish they could come up with a large tub so I could buy more for a better price. Unfortunately the other mass gainer when buying a 15 lb tub, one serving was for almost half the price than this product.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Highly recommended if you want a mass gainer. If you in the market of buying just a small tub than this can be beaten for the price. The taste and the macros are a perfect combo. I enjoyed every sip and will be on a lookout to get me some more. Even though I have a large tub of another mass gainer I still miss this one and it's taste. Thank you for reading this and stay bulky.

February 15, 2018

• Normal Scooper Size

38 years old and I lift 4 days a week. I weigh in at 240 pound and at times getting enough "clean" calories can be difficult while keeping that fine balance of fat, carbs and protein. When I saw this pop up on SR as an opportunity, I realized I could use this product to enhance and achieve my daily macro goals easier. Big thank you to SR and VMI Sports for this opportunity.

What I like here is that the profile gets broken down based off servings of either 2,4, or 8 scoops. Each scoop is around 30.25g so its a reasonable size. Other Mass Gainers I have had have insanely large scoopers that barely fit in the tub, so this was a normal size one which I appreciated since I did not spill the powder everywhere each use. Every 2 scoops nets you 250 Calories, 5g Fat, 31g Carbs, 10g Sugar,and 20g Protein. The protein is a blend of Whey Protein Concentrate, Whole Milk Powder, Whey Protein Isolate, and Milk Protein Isolate. The Carbs are Maltodextrin as Carb10. Carb10 aids in digestion and makes carbs a healthier alternative. More information on Carb10 can be found here http://www.compoundsolutions.com/assets/carb10_brochure_mar2016.pdf

The fat blend is Coconut Oil Creamer, Avocado Oil Powder, Coconut Oil Powder, and MCT Powder. I like this blend, as you see with most fad diets out there they say to include MCT, Coconut or Avocado oil/powder. Overall, I think this is a pretty solid profile and I do like that VMI labels it all out there, so you know exactly what protein, carbs, and fats you are getting without having to wonder. The normal size scooper gives you the ability to take whatever dose you need to hit your daily goals, which I thought was a great idea.

Taste: I remember looking at the different flavors before ordering this, and thinking they all sound amazing. I recieved the Smores flavor and I could not have been happier. First of all there are baby marshmellows inside, which is fantastic. I mixed this with water and milk. Water was okay, but with milk this was an amazing treat. I took this post workouts and I really looked forward to it. It felt like a healthy desert after a grueling workout, the saddest day was when I ran out!

Mixability: The majority of the time I used a blender, as I normally would with a mass gainer. However, I used 1 and 2 scoops in a shaker and shook it up with no issues. Blender or shaker there is going to be some residue on the bottom, but no big deal really. I had no problems here, which was a nice surprise.

Dosing: There is a lot of flexibility in this product when it comes to dosing. I tried 2 scoops and 4 scoops post workout. I am not necessarily trying to gain weight, so 8 scoops would have just been too much for my daily needs. I only ever took this post workout, so on my rest days I just drank my normal protein powder.

So now we know this tastes amazing, and you can dose it based off your requirements. My biggest concern with mass gainers is that it will make me feel bloated after drinking it and almost lethargic, like you just ate an insanely large thanksgiving meal. The most scoops I used at a time were 4, and thats what I stuck with for most of the run and I never felt bloated at all. Lets break this down by scoop:

2 Scoops Post Workout: This worked okay, and kept me full for around 60-90 minutes. Usually I have a weird gap of time after my workout in the mornings, where I need to get ready for work, then drive to work, and then eat breakfast, so most times a standard Protein shake does not tide me over and I am starving when I get to work. 2 scoops kept me satiated for most of that time, but its about a 2 hour block, so after a few tries here I went to 4 scoops.

4 Scoops Post Workout: This was the sweet spot for me. After drinking this down I would feel full, but not lethargic or bloated. I felt it was that fine line of being full or bloated, so I did not want to try and more higher scoops than this in one sitting. This easily kept me full for 2 - 2 and half hours and I found myself having to force breakfast most days, as I like to stay on a time schedule with eating. The nice part about this dose is if I wanted to cut out some calories, I could easily drink this at 8am and be good to go until Lunch at noon with no issues, so thats another option.

This digested very well for me, I never felt tired or bloated after drinking this and I almost always mixed this with milk. The label claims are Lean Muscle Growth, Improved Digestibility, Healthy Fat Sources, and Multi-Phased Carb Blend. I can easily say these are all true! The lean muscle growth is hard to say 100% as I am always taking a Creatine as well, but I did not lost muscle nor did I gain any fat which is always a big concern when taking a mass gainer at my size. This product really changed the way I view Mass Gainers, I used to think it was too much for me but now I realize this can be a breakfast replacement for me post workout and I can fit this in my daily macros. I did not lose or gain any weight while taking this, I stayed pretty much the same weight throughout but did lose fat along the way, which probably sounds weird while taking a mass gainer. The flexibility of Major Mass is what allows you to be successful whether your goal is to recomp slowly (thats me) or gain some mass. I truly enjoyed this run!

So this is going to vary person to person! The best deal I could find is for 60 scoops at $45.99 from A1 Supplements. That comes out to 77 cents a scoop. So for me, I would take this at 4 scoops only post workout, none on rest days. So this would cost me $3.08, and since I workout 4 days a week it would last me just about a month! So if you look at it that way it seems like its a lot daily, but when your only taking this post workout like I did and realize it does last you the whole month its really not bad at all. For the great ingredients involved, how easily this digested for me, how it kept me full but not bloated, and how amazing this tasted I think this is a decent value.

Side Effects

Nothing at all, not even a bathroom run after 4 scoops, very nice! That is also more proof of the digestibility of this product, with nothing being wasted.

Conclusion

This product completely caught me by surprise. I have tried one other weight gainer lately, and it was okay, but had to fumble around with the abnormally large scooper and never seemed to quite mix as well as Major Mass. I thought the last one was delicious until I tried this, and man the taste truly blows you away. Other reviews below got the other flavors Marshmallow Charms and Ice Cream Sandwich, so I am really tempted to buy myself a tub of the other two in the near future to try them out. I really liked having this in my daily routine on my workout days, it truly worked great to fill that void of post workout and breakfast time frame with my work schedule. This is the third VMI product I have tried and they I am slowly becoming impressed with the brand itself. I am glad I have this opportunity to try them out and will be keeping an eye out for more in the future. Bottom line is if you want to gain some weight, or your like me and looking to get your macro's in a cleaner and easier way then definitely give Major Mass a shot, your taste buds will thank you! This is Highly Approved!
      • Smores: 9/10

February 13, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • -amazing Taste
      • Keeps You Full

First off I want to thank VMI Sports for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. This is VMI's new weight gainer type product. I have never really been into using weight gainer type products until recently. This will be my second ever weight gainer product I will have used. After using some of VMI'S other products and really liking them I figured this would be pretty good also. Since I am trying to bulk and put on more size and weight I figured this could help me some kind of like the last weight gainer product I had from a different company. How this worked for me I thought was rather interesting and was rather impressed.

This has a ratio of 20:30:10 ratio of Protein, Carbs & Healthy Fats.

MASS MUSCLE BUILDING
        80g of protein per 8 servings (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whole Milk Powder, Whey Protein Isolate and Milk Protein Isolate), to provide your muscles with all the essential nutrients for MAJOR Lean Muscle Growth!
        MULTI-PHASE CARB BLEND

Our multi-phase blend of carbohydrates from Carb10 and Maltodextrin, combine multiple sources of moderate to low glycemic sourced carbs.
        IMPROVED DIGESTIBILITY

Featuring Digestisorb Enzyme Complex, Major Mass improves digestion and decreases bloat, all while increasing nutrient delivery.
        HEALTHY FAT SOURCES

Containing a combination of MCT Oil, Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil, and fat naturally derived from whole milk powder, Major Mass provides you with a clean, high quality source of fats.

The flavor I had was the Marshmallow Charms. This reminded me of eating lucky charms cereal but in a shake. This stuff was so good and very tasty. In this you will get little pieces of marshmallows in it which I thought was a nice little bonus to have. No matter if I took this in the morning or later in the day it still tasted really good for me. After having this flavor ( and knowing how good it tasted) I would love to try their other two flavors they have also ice cream sandwich and s'mores.

Mixing was very simple and had no issues at all with it mixing. There was no clumping or sticking to the bottom of your shaker cup. When mixed you will notice all the little pieces of marshmallows floating inside. Dosing can really vary a bit. They have this broke down into 2 scoops =30 servings, 4 scoops =15, 8 scoops = 7.5 For me I decided to go with 3 scoops each time and that gave me 20 servings. I felt the full 8 scoops was to much to take at once and your body would not be able to absorb all of that at once anyways. If you were to do the 8 scoops I would break this up into 2 servings and take 4 scoops in the morning and then the other 4 later on.

I used this mainly in the mornings since I am someone that usually does not eat much for breakfast and wanted to get more of a full meal in me. Right now I am trying to bulk more and put on a little more size and I figure by adding this it would help me some. For me to be able to put on more size and weight I have to be eating a lot more than just my normal meals and that is not always easy for me to do mainly because I don't have the appetite or time to do so. Each morning I would do 3 scoops which I found to be the sweet spot for me. I would take this in the morning during my first break at work around 9am. After I would get done drinking this I would always feel a lot more full and felt this lasted until lunch time which was around 12 noon. Even a lot of the times when I would go to lunch I still felt fairly full like. I will say this does a good job at making you feel more full like. Overall I thought this was really good on my stomach and never caused me any gut or bathroom issues at all. Even though this made me feel a lot more full like I never felt real bloated in my stomach like it was just sitting there in my stomach waiting to digest.

I felt this did a good job at helping me put on a little more size and weight. I think using this as your post workout shake would have been really good to use but I did not want to do that since I normally workout late in the afternoon and did not want this to keep me feeling to full later into the evening since I still wanted to be able to eat my regular supper. The one thing about this that I was a little concerned about was will this make me feeling real bloated like since this is a weight gainer type product and has a lot more stuff in it than my regular protein I take. I was rather surprised at how well this worked for me and never had to much of an issue at all with this causing to me to feel all bloated like. I felt I was able to put on some more size and my weight for sure had gone up a bit. Before I started this product I had just finished my first ever weight gainer product I had ever used and had no break in between using these two products. I think by continuing to use both of these two products back to back really helped me a lot at gaining more size and weight. By using both of these products I was able to gain around 8lbs or so. So overall I felt these were some good gains I was getting.

My overall recovery I felt was really improved a lot by how good I was feeling. I seemed to feel a lot better and never really noticed any real issues with DOM'S at all. I felt I was more ready when I would be ready to do my next workout the next day. No matter how hard or intense my workouts were I still seem to be ready the next day to go after it and not feel sore or hurting from the day before. I did notice on a lot of my lifts that I was starting to be able to go a lot heavier than I normally would. I felt my overall strength gains were really improving a lot. I know when my weight starts to go up more I feel I am stronger and can lift a lot heavier which I like. I never felt this give me that fat sloppy bloated like feeling at all which was nice. I felt this still helped me bulk some but it was more of a leaner type bulk I was noticing.

The cheapest I could find this was on a1supplements.com and they want $45.99. The value of this will vary a bit depending on how many servings you go with. For me I did 3 scoops each time so it gave me 20 servings total. For a weight gainer type product this price is not to horrible considering what all you are getting in here. If your someone doing the full 8 scoops= 7.5 servings then this will start to get a little pricey.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

Overall I was really impressed with this product and how well it worked for me. If your looking for a good quality weight gainer that will help you put on a little more size and weight but not make you feel all bloated like this is for sure a product worth trying. This will help keep you feeling more full like and help you to feel better overall with a lot less soreness to deal with. This is a product I would for sure be more than happy to use again. This time I would love to try one of their other two flavors. I would like to see more sites start carrying this product. I know a few sites that carry their product line but don't have this product yet. Again I want to give a big shout out to VMI Sports for making this product and letting me have the chance to give it a try.
        • Marshmallow charms: 9/10

February 11, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • -amazing Taste
        • Good Meal Replacment
        • Keeps You Full
        • Great Recovery
        • Mixes Effortlessly
        • Prime Ingredients

Whats up SR, just wanted to drop my review of VMI's Major Mass. seeing as it is still the winter months I wanted to take a little break from trying to cut slowly and see if I could take some time off my keto diet and add a little size/ some strength before beginning the pre summer grind. Once I saw the profile of Major Mass I knew I had to give it a try. Thanks to VMI and the Trooper Program for sending this out.

The profile is broken down into several serving size categories, which includes 2 scoops (250 calories/5g Fat/ 31g Carbs/ 20g Protein), 4 scoops ( 500 Calories/ 10g Fat/ 62g Carbs) & 8 scoops (1000 Calories/ 20g Fat/ 124g Carbs/ 80g Protein) per serving. I ran this with a 2 scoop serving (its easy to do the math for the larger serving) so the profile breakdown is as follows:

Serving Size 2 Scoops

Total Carbohydrate: 31g
          Dietary Fiber: 0g
          Sugars: 10g
          Protein: 20g

Ingredients: Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whole Milk Powder, Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate) Time Released Carb Blend (Maltodextrin, Legume-Based Starch Derived From Pisum Sativum (Peas) (As Carb10), Dextrose), Fat Blend (Coconut Oil Creamer, Avocado Oil Powder, Coconut Oil Powder, And MCT Powder), Non GMO Cookie Crumbs, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Sucralose And Enzyme Blend (Protease 1, Protease 11, Amylases, Lipase, And Lactase)

As you can see this is a pretty solid formula considering this is the lowest end of the serving spectrum, increasing to 8 scoops would give you 1000 calories, but seeing as I wanted to do a very slight bulk I chose to stick with 2.

Perhaps the most impressive part of this profile for me is the Fat sources they chose to use, all of which are very high quality and typically most people have success with higher quality fat sources like the ones used in Major Mass. I also like the addition of the enzyme blend, helps make everything a little easier on the gut/ body.

The flavor I received was the "Ice Cream Sandwich".... WOW. This flavor was simply amazing, it tasted like an ice cream sandwich had been melted into my shaker cup, the consistency was just right and the sweetness was perfect without making me feel sick. Awesome job VMI, and judging by the other reviews its safe to say the other flavors are spot on as well.

Mixability was shockingly good, I only used a 2 scoop serving in a shaker cup and didn't have any issue with mixability. Granted if you are using the 8 scoop serving I would recommend probably using a blender as that is a lot of powder.

Dosing is pretty much up to you, like I said I used a 2 scoop serving because I really didn't need that many calories, but if you really want to help yourself hit a caloric surplus you could easily rock the 4 scoop or 8 scoop serving.

Plain and simple this product was effective for me. I used this as a mid day snack when I got home from work to get some calories in and satisfy a sweet tooth craving, therefore this was basically a meal replacement for me. And in that role it worked perfectly, it was a great way to get some calories in after a long day at work without having to force myself to actually eat something. My recovery while using this was also very solid, no issues with DOMs or super stiff muscles, however I was running a good BCAA and was sleeping very well so I cant say this is purely from Major Mass. This product also did a great job of keeping me full between my lunch and dinner without feeling gross or lethargic like some mass gainers have the tendency to do, I attribute this to the use of higher quality carbs and fats in Major Mass, as opposed to cheaper alternatives that can cause havoc in the stomach. I always feel its important to note that no supplement is make or break, you must have your diet and training on point, so in order to get the best use out of Major Mass for the purpose of gaining mass (obviously) then you have to make sure you are in a caloric surplus, if a mass gainer can help you get there then its always a nice tool to add.

This can be found at a value of $45.99 from multiple stores, using the 30 serving dosing this runs a value of $1.53 per serving, which for the higher quality ingredients is a price I don't have an issue paying, but obviously if you use the larger serving size the value does decrease dramatically. I have seen some people find this for cheaper then $45 but I am simply going with what I can find right now value wise.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion Major Mass by VMI is exactly what it says it is, a lean mass gainer. The ability to use this in multiple serving sizes gives this product great versatility and can make it worth while for several different body types and training styles. Any product that uses higher quality ingredients will always get positive marks from me, shows the company actually cares about what goes in the products. I used this as a meal replacement to help me get some extra calories in and this filled that role perfectly, well done VMI.
          • Ice Cream Sandwich: 10/10

9.2
            February 11, 2018

Pros:
           Cons:
          • -amazing Taste
          • Mixes Effortlessly
          • Has Real Marshmallows
          • Versatile
          • Prime Ingredients
          • Great Recovery
          • Increased Recovery

Big thanks to VMI for letting me try major mass. I am 5 weeks into my hybrid training program and hitting nutrition goals is becoming paramount. I was hesitant to pick this up because I had the wrong impression about mass gainer products and this one really opened my eyes to how beneficial it can be.

First thing you will notice about this Mass gainer is the fact that it is not filled with a bunch of crap. Other mass gainers use shortcuts and put junk in their mix because all they care about is a caloric amount which will in turn equal mass gain. Not VMI, they have chose carefully what goes into this mixture. Lets have a look at the ingredients.

MUSCLE BUILDING
            80g of protein per 8 servings (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whole Milk Powder, Whey Protein Isolate and Milk Protein Isolate), this combination delivers focused muscle building protein with varying digestion speeds.

MULTI-PHASE CARB BLEND
            They have a multi-phased carbohydrate blend that accounts for moderate to low glycemic index carbohydrates. Anything from easily digested fast acting carbs for post workout, to carbs that will stick with you to keep you full. These sources include Carb10 and Maltodextrin.

HEALTHY FAT SOURCES
            For me this is where Major Mass sets its self from the pack with the fats they have chosen to include. They include healthy proven fat sources including MCT oil, Avocado oil, Coconut oil, and fat naturally derived from whole milk powder. These simply are not just fillers, but actual healthy fats that your body can use as fuel.

IMPROVED DIGESTIBILITY
            Major Mas features Digestisorb Enzyme Complex. This is included to keep away the nasty bloat that you might experience from protein powder and making you feel gross and like a busted can of biscuits.

Ok so now that the FDA technical stuff is out of the way lets get down to the real factors. How does this taste? Well I went with the Marshmallow charms or as I called it the "lucky charms milkshake" and let me tell you the taste is INSANE. It is addictingly good. I would be stoked to be finished my workouts just because I knew that this drink was coming. My only disclaimer about flavor is I never tried it with water, because...why bother. This drink tasted spot on like you just finished a bowl of lucky charms and are drinking the left over milk even with the marshmallows. They are legit lucky charms marshmallows. This drink is insane with flavor and detail.

Mixability is effortless. For the most part I drank this with 12-16oz of milk with a blender bottle with the wire wisk in. Come to find out having the wire ball in the cup is absolutely NOT needed. This powder mixes fantasctically without it. I honestly feel as if this mixes better than my Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard whey, it sure does take a lot less effort that the Gold standard, which to me is another great sign of just how good this is put together.

Dosing is what I would categorize as customizable. For me I chose the long road and only did one serving which is 2 scoops. You can do that, 4 scoops or the full mass effect of 8 scoops. Since I am not really looking to gain mass, I chose to do 2 scoops as a post workout recovery drink which would allow me to get some protein and a good amount of carbs for muscle repair. Since this product has this option, I feel as if it can cover more consumers instead of other products where it seems to be an all or none style of gainer.

To continue with the theme of this review, effectiveness was fantastic. I would kill myself in the gym, and drink this for recovery and be ready to go for the next day's workout. Did this eliminate all DOM's? No, however you will be challenged to find a product that can do this. Did this leave me full and feeling recovered after just 2 scoops? You bet your lucky charms it did. In fact with this, it delivered just the right amount of sweetness to where I did not crave sugary junk later in the day. I can only imagine what this would do if I threw in all 8 scoops. Since I went with 2 scoops it gained me 250 cal 31g of carbs and 20g of protein. The remarkable part is the lack of stomach bloat that I got with this. Usually if I take protein powders that are heavy with concentrate and milk protein I will get some bloat and gas with it. The digestive enzymes that they have included eliminated ALL of that. It was all reward and no loss with this product.

So you can find a tub of Major mass at campus protein for $39 which breaks down to $1.30 for 30 servings, $2.60 for 15 servings, and 5.20 for 8 servings. If you opt for the 8 servings, then yeah this product is going to be expensive but at the same time most mass gainers will set you back this much money or more. The fact that you can choose your serving helps make this competitive against competitors. Plus, where else will you find a product that delivers in the flavor category like this one?

Side Effects

Amazingly enough, none to report.

Conclusion

So as my title states, I am sad to write this. I am sad because since I am writing this review, my time with this product has come to an end and the tub has gone empty. There is a giant void in my post workout life right now until I can get another container. Seriously folks, its that good. I hated mass gainers and never thought they had a place in my life since, I am a mass monster anyways, but this changed everything. I was finally able to apply a full protein shake product to my diet and it was wonderful. This is a very versatile product and can be used as post workout, gaining mass, or just filling in the macro holes for the day. Regardless you need to give this a try and see for yourself!

February 6, 2018

Pros:
             Cons:
            • -amazing Taste
            • Good Meal Replacment
              What's up SR! I would like to start by thanking VMI Sports and the Troopers for the opportunity for allowing me to try Major Mass! Most of us when we hear the word "Weight Gainer or Mass Gainer", we are turned off with the conception that we are about to take tons of calories and sugars; make my pants fit tight after 20 days. However, I have taken different approaches in the past when I have used any product considered a weight gainer. When Major Mass came up, I wanted to try it, I was looking to add some additional calories while out on the road on business.

The profile for Major Mass is broken down into tiers: 250 cal, 500 cal, and 1000 cal. There is 30 servings in a tub if you only use 2 scoops for 250cal; you can blow by a tub of this in 8 days if you would take 8 scoops for 1000 cal. The amount of Carbs and Protein breaks down like this - 250 cal (31grams of Crabs and 20 grams of protein), 500 cal (62 grams of Carbs and 40 grams of protein), and 1000 cal (124 grams of Carbs and 80 grams of Protein).

In my opinion, to me the sweet spot was 3 scoops, since in theory, I would get around 375 cal, less than 62 grams of carbs, and less than 40 grams of protein. The protein source in Major Mass is comprised of Whey Concentrate, Whole Milk Powder, Whey Isolate, and Milk Protein Isolate. In addition, the carb source is not completely based on fast absorbing carbs, which can trigger an increase of insulin. There is a blended mix of time-release carbs in the form of Maltodextin, Legume Starch, and Dextrose. One thing I do like, Major Mass provide the good fats we need to add some pounds not love handles, which is comprised of - Coconut Oil, Avocado Oil, and MCT powder. There are some other goodies like Digestive Enzymes, which is good for those who want to try this and are lactose intolerant.

Taste - OMG! Ok, if you are familiar with my reviews, taste to me is not too important as long as the product works. However, with Major Mass, it was a taste of heaven. I received the Marshmallow Charms flavor and it was great!

Mixing - To my surprise, this mixed very well, considering there are pieces of marshmallows in each scoop; sounds like a cereal commercial. I was able to mix this in water, almond mix, hand shaker, and blender, every time, smooth drink with not settlement at the bottom of the cup.

Dosing - I used this in different ways, some as breakfast on days I knew I was going to be out in the field and as a post workout meal.

Major Mass helps exactly what I wanted to be a meal to help with my macros and for post workout recovery. On day when I had two scoops for breakfast, since the labels mentioned the complex carbs blend, I wanted to see how long it would keep me full. I noticed that when I took my serving at 6am, I was full until 10am, sometimes 1030 am; I have an appetite from hell, where I eat all the time. I was glad that Major Mass help keep my mouth in check, for food of course.

When used after a workout, especially if I worked out in the am, Major Mass did the trick, again the complex carbs help with recovery; three scoops was my serving when I used it as a post meal. I did not feel like my sugar was spiking and I did noticed if my sugar were low, due to the intensity of the workout, it will keep me balance. I never used more than three scoops, because in my opinion, even if this is based on some complex carbs, the body can only absorb so many grams of carbs, before storing it on my hips for another day.

If you are going to use Major Mass to complement your macro intake with just two scoops, then at $40.00 a tub is a good deal, since you get 30 servings. However, if you are planning to slam 1000 cal per servings, you are only going to get about eight servings out of the tub, if that.

Side Effects

Conclusion

At the end of the Major Mass worked well for me and I am looking forward to buying another tub. Using two scoops for me works, since 250 cal as a breakfast meal, which keeps me full, is a good deal. Anyone who is looking to add some cal, go for it at four scoops, it will be still somewhat cost effective. Major Mass can complement your regiment and I recommend that you get a tub and enjoy the ride. I would like to thank VMI Sports again for the opportunity.

Overall
              Overall
              8.9
                February 4, 2018

Pros:
               Cons:
              • -amazing Taste

What's up SR first off i would like VMI for their support of the troops program. This review is on the new weight gainer called oddly enough major mass which is a really cool name for this kind of product. This weight gainer features coconut and avocado for health fats, along with using carb10 for the carbohydrate source. I was really glad to get a hold of this product. Now lets get major mass!

Unlike most weight gainers VMI uses quality food sources. Major mass has coconut along with avocado for the fats. It will also contain carb10 instated of other low grade products. For the protein sources you will get whey concentrate, isolated, along with milk proteins.

Just like any other weight gainer always use a blender!!! This one was amazing to blend up and the taste was great too. The best tasting prodcut on the market. The marshmallow charms had real pieces in it. Was really cool. For the dosing i did the 1,000c size but I'm looking to put on some extra weight. Which will give you 7.5 servings.

VMI did a great job with their new weight gainer. My far this is the best on the market. Currently I'm 205 right now and I'm looking to add another 15lbs on. Major mass helped me get to that mark but also without adding too much extra fat along with the added weight. Since VMI uses carb10 in there product didn't make me feel nearly has bloated after drinking the 124g of carbs along with my 80g of protein. The multi-blend source of proteins also help with increase weight along with staying full over a longer peroid of time during the day. Major mass will help you achive you weight goals. I was able to get to 210lb whilr talking this product. I was very please with the results from it. Major mass is a major win.

The cheapest place i found was campusprotein.com where a 4lb tub goes for 38.99. For 7.5 servings that i did will cost 5.19 a serving. But will get a high quality product at that serving amount. It's worth it to me for the results i got.

Side Effects

Zero

Conclusion

If you are in the market for a quality weight gainer give a major mass a try it will not disappoint. I will be buying it again.