Major Mass™ Lean Protein Gainer Reviews

By: VMI Sports

(Better than 100% in Weight Gainers)

Major Mass™ Lean Protein Gainer is a Weight Gainer manufactured by VMI Sports. It is a protein based supplement that has additional calories from carbohydrates and fats. It is meant to add additional calories for the body in order to assist with weight and muscle mass gain.

Click here to read our
Ultimate Mass Gainer Guide
ARTICLES

Protein > Weight Gainers

August 16, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Meal Replacment
  • Keeps You Full
  • Amazing Taste
  • Mixes Effortlessly
  • Great Recovery
  • Prime Ingredients
  • Has Real Marshmallows

Major Mass is a versatile mass gainer that can be substituted as a meal replacement. My experience with Major Mass was quite positive.

In essence the purpose of a Mass gainer is to add calories with the convenience of it being in a shake form and not having to sit down and chow down on a whole meal. We all have hectic moments in our life, or there are days where you know you need to eat/ingest some calories but you don't want to cook or you don't want to eat that "Suffer Chicken"(Bone Dry once reheated). Well don't worry Major Mass provides the convenience and flavor.

Below is a quick breakdown of some of the ingredients that

Protein:

Whey Concentrate
    Whey Isolate
    Milk Isolate

Carbs:

Maltodextrine
    Carb 10 (Derived from from peas)
    Dextrose

Fats:

MCT Oil
    Avocado Oil
    Coconut Oil

Looking over this profile you can tell that they did their research on how to provide a quality ingredients. One example is not using cheaper alternatives to carb sources (even though there is some dextrose), and Fats. I mean there is probably very few companies out there using Avocado oil, MCT oil and Coconut oil as the fat source for their mass gainer products.

I received the S'mores flavors, right off the bat VMI is nailing it with the flavors. Not that this tastes exactly like S'mores but it is very delicious and you even get mini marshmallows. Personally this tasted like a Chocolate milk shake to me. Mixability was pretty fantastic, the only thing that seemed to settle was this very tasty chocolate substance, only if left in the shaker or cup for a few minutes without any movement at all. 99% of the time I found that 250 calories or 2 scoops was the perfect dose for me. I only ended up drinking one 4 scoop serving once, because I forgot my lunch at home and did not want to eat garbage food. This managed to keep me feeling satisfied until after my workout.

So in this portion of the review you would normally state how the product made you feel. In this case I will judge Major Mass on its ability to keep me feeling satiated.

Major Mass is a versatile product, because it can be a perfect pre and post workout meal. Now did it keep me feeling satisfied or did was I still hangry?

As I mentioned above 2 scoops was my sweet spot and preferred dose. I would use it in the mornings on my way to work, I rather have those extra 15-20 minutes of sleep instead of a hot breakfast. Especially with such delicious flavor it was like a treat in itself. I would normally either drink in my car on my way to work at 7:45am or once at work 8:15am. Now lunch time is closer to 1 or 1:30 pm depending on how busy I am. So I was without food for anywhere between 5 - 6. Major Mass managed to keep me feeling full pretty much the 6 hours on occasions. This is meal replacement with versatility and quality of ingredients from a trusted company. I give Major Mass a Major thumbs up!

*I will provide my thoughts on value based on a 2 scoop serving. Providing you with 30 servings*

I found Major Mass on Campus Protein for $39.99 this gives you a price per serving of $1.33. With total honesty a healthy meal/snack with similar macros will probably cost you more. As a SUPPLEMENT I can find good value especially because VMI is using quality ingredients.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I have mentioned that Major Mass provides its consumers with quality ingredients, easy dosing at either 2 or 4 scoops and very delicious flavor. It has the ability to keep you feeling satiated and at the same time make sure you don't eat garbage sweets.
    • Smores: 9/10

Other Prices:
    VMI Sports   $59.99

August 13, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Meal Replacment
    • Keeps You Full
    • Versatile
    • Not Cost Effective At 4 Scoops

Hi guys, I'd firstly like to say thank you to supplementreviews.com and VMI for this opportunity to try out Major mass via the trooper program! I was on the look out for major mass for sometime, it's been getting rave reviews and the flavoring sounded great, being off-season really allowed me to utilize it correctly.

Serving size 2 scoops

Total Carbohydrate 30 g
    Dietary Fiber 0 g
    Sugars 10 g
    Protein 20 g

Ingredients: Other Ingredients: Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whole Milk Powder, Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate), Carb Blend (Maltodextrin, Legume-based starch derived from pisum sativum (peas) (as Carb10), Dextrose), Cocoa, Fat Blend (Coconut Oil Powder, and MCT Powder), Natural Flavors, Sucralose, and Enzyme Blend (Protease I, Protease II, Amylases, Lipase, and Lactase

A really impressive array of carbs/healthy fats and a few sources of protein. The only thing I didn't enjoy was the addition of dextrose I'd prefer to see something else instead maybe oat flour as it's a lower gi choice and could add an improved texture and thickness - as I used primarily as a meal replacement or a pre workout meal but I guess that's the only flaw if there was one, because it worked and the profile is really on the premium end.

Taste

Marshmallow charms

A really brilliant flavor, it has a cereal milk flavor which is a nice blend of sweet and tart as such, the real marshmallow bits are a real treat and they were pleasantly soft in water/milk which I was surprised as I was expecting hard bits. Overall they nailed the flavoring. In milk or in water the flavoring wasn't that much different which was great. It is a lot more watery than expected but I didn't mind too much although I suppose 4 scoops would be a better consistency.

Mixability

Surprisingly enough mixibility was so good, I didn't use a sieve due to the bits I wanted but after a vigorous shake there was basically no residue or chunks other than the marshmallow bits.

2 scoops in 300ml of milk or water suited me just fine.

As noted this was utilized in my offseason, where not too much consideration is needed with with goes in. I have learned to take it easy but that being said i found major mass to be really versatile, I didn't do the full 4 scoops being that I'm pretty happy with the macros at 2 scoops but if one is an ectomorph I can totally see a full serving being the way to better mass gainzzz.

This was a meal replacement for me, so it was effective for me in these regards:

Lean mass gains: it totally did what the label said about mass, now at 2 scoops there was still noticeable gains or the common areas such as arms and shoulders, but it's hand in hand with my training regime where I targeted those specific points. I gained about 3/5kgs during my usage of this but I really enjoyed that it never contributed to fat gains especially since my stomach and sides are targets that have a habit of gaining unwanted adipose.

Recovery: overall I felt that this somewhat assisted in a better recovery and I'm saying this as I'm comparing my overall experience to that before I had major mass. Better recovery always equals better gainz and that I appreciate, I can only assume a full serving would be the holy grail of the above.

Versatility: although I did use this primarily as a pre workout meal, I found this to be a good on the go meal especially in the mornings or on the road. I appreciate this aspect the most as you can still add creatine etc if you wanted to use this as a post workout shake.

Hunger buster: lol I can't forget this, a real fulfilling shake, it kept hunger at bay for a long time. Even in water I really wouldn't feel hungry which makes it great if your day is busy and hitting a real solid meal is hard or you just don't feel like a solid meal, hey it happens lol.

I mean I am rating this as a meal replacement and as a meal replacement it's pretty spot on and made my lifting and days a lot easier and I really can't fault this. I have to add i had no digestive issues at all which is fantastic because I normally bloat or have stomach issues. Overall a pretty phenomenal lean mass gainer.

The cheapest I could find major mass is at campus protein for around $40, and $40 for 30 servings (well for me as I used only 2 scoops) is really awesome value for money and as a meal replacement it's ideal and makes the most financial and nutritional sense to me. Now I have seen a suggestion that you can hit 8 scoops in a day which is pretty heavy lol especially since that tub would be empty in a little over a week lmao. But it all depends on your goals and how much your willing to spend. If I was an ectomorph I'd use a lot more than what I did but then expect value to suffer dramatically. But $40 for a month was really legit and for what I get in a tub - I wouldn't mind seeing the addition of greens and reds in this or a total different product that is an actual meal replacement.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I am super impressed by VMI, major mass is really an awesome product that tastes phenomenal and at 2 scoops it's very affordable and worth the money. I loved the additions of their healthy fats and their carb blend - it's definitely a premium product and not your run of the mill whey concentrate, taurine, creatine mono and dextrose blend lol. This definitely topples the competition as it can be anything you want it to be. Again a very big thank you to Supplementreviews.com and VMI for this amazing opportunity that I hold dear to my heart as this is definitely one of my favorite supplements.

Peace

Fridge
    • Marshmallow charms: 9/10

Other Prices:
    VMI Sports   $59.99

August 13, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Meal Replacment
    • Has Real Marshmallows
    • Not Cost Effective At 4 Scoops

A nice versatile protein powder that can be used as a way to increase your calorie intake, replace a meal in your daily diet, or even be used as a pre/post workout protein.

I've only used one other Mass Gainer protein in my life, and that was 5+ years ago when I worked at GNC. Usually, I'm the stereotypical mass gainer "hatur" who criticizes them. I always recommend kids looking to gain mass to make their own, like simply adding ground up oatmeal, peanut butter, whey, and milk into a blender. Still, after looking at the profile of this one, I didn't see the usual 100+ grams of carbs coming from maltodextrin. I saw a well formulated product which didn't have the same macro breakdown as other products on the market.

I also saw the interesting flavor options... see below.

First thing I have to mention, is the Carb 10. I am a fan of Carb 10, and wish more companies would use it. Works just as well as HBCD in my experience. As you can see in the macros posted below, it isn't really that high in calories compared to other products. Honestly, if there was 5-7 grams of fiber in here, I'd say it would be the perfect macro breakdown for my specific goals.

Macros
    2 scoops give you:

5f
    30c
    20p

What I like about this, is that it isn't simply loaded with dextrose or maltodextrin. It's not like any other mass gainer out there. While there is some dextrose and maltodextrin in here, you only get 10 grams of sugar per serving. No complaints from me.

I like the included enzymes, which help you digest the protein. As for the protein itself, it is a blend or milk protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, and whole milk powder. Only mild complaint here is that there is no disclosure on the amounts of protein. Not knocking it down really, but with companies like NutraBio, Ghost, and MAN Sports going full disclosure with their products, it's nice to see companies do it.

The fat in here is interesting. You get MCT oil/coconut oil powder, but what really caught my eye is the avocado oil powder. I have never seen this form of fat used in a protein. Unfortunately, we can't see how many monounsaturated fats are in here, and with 7 grams of saturated fat I'm going to assume that it is very low. Still nice to see!

I received the Lucky Charms knock off flavor. It was just too interesting to pass up. Now I've always thought that Lucky Charms were overrated, but still fairly enjoyable. One feature that is enjoyable with Major Mass are the added marshmallows. Seems to be a trend these days, companies adding cereal bits, cookie chunks, and even candy... I dig it.

It tastes like a mild lucky charms, nothing that I'd buy for myself, but def worth trying if you're a fan of cereal like I am. I'd like to see what VMI could do with a Fruity Pebbles flavor.

It mixes very well, I never had a clump to complain about. I would advise drinking this quickly after shaking however, as the marshmallows can sink to the bottom and get stuck... who wants to miss out on marshmallows?

After reading all of the other reviews, you really can't go wrong with any flavor really.

I usually took 2 scoops (so 30 carbs), if I'm going to fill in 62 carbs in one sitting, I'm going to eat them.

I found Major Mass to be very versatile. With the Carb 10, I was able to use this as a pre-workout meal and post-workout. I also used as a MRP for my drive to work.

As a pre-workout:

Due to the Carb 10, I noticed increased endurance while lifting, similar to when I take Super Carb from Nutrabio. I've used Carb 10 in the past, and enjoyed it then, and I enjoyed it here as well. Sometimes I simply don't have time to eat before I go to the gym, so this was convenient. Usually, I eat chicken and rice, but Major Mass was simply more convenient. I'd prefer everyone used whole food, but this worked quite well and was a time saver.

As a MRP:

The main reason I got this was to replace my breakfast. My morning drive to work takes me about 1.5 hours-2 hours, so I usually just skip breakfast and fast until lunch. While I don't mind fasting, sometimes I just feel better when I eat something early. Major mass helped keep my appetite at bay before I ate lunch. Works well, would be better if there was some fiber however.

I did mention using this as a post-workout. I only did that twice I believe, so I'm not going to comment on that. Of course I have to mention how this digested very well for me. I don't have issues digesting whey as it is so take my comment for what it is worth.

You can get this for $46 through several online retailers. This is a fair price for 30 servings, especially when you consider the sources of calories in here. I'd still recommend eating whole food, this is a nice alternative for when you simply don't have time to eat.

If you're looking for an all out mass gainer, I'd still advise going for a blend of ground oatmeal, peanut butter, milk, and protein powder.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I'd recommend giving Major Mass a try. While I personally won't be keeping this on hand, it could come in handy if you want a quick pre-workout meal or meal replacement. It comes good in a pinch, and the flavoring is top notch.
    • Marshmallow charms: 8/10

July 27, 2018

• -amazing Taste

A product for those looking to add some productive calories to their daily macronutrient intake.

I love trying new mass gainers and after reading a few of the reviews for this I had to give it a shot. My diet didn't change while on this and it stayed fairly dirty while I try to bulk up.

After 19 reviews I don't think I could say anything here that would be anymore helpful. From my personal opinion I really like the profile. There is a 3:2 ratio for carbs to protein at 30g to 20g for a 2scoop serving size, Unlike some of the other gainers that use a much higher carb ratio and pack unnecessary amounts of both fast acting carbs and cheap high volume protein.

When I opened the package I was slightly disappointed to see peanut butter cookie when I had requested 2-3 other flavors that sounded so good to me. That disappointment was quickly changed to an utter resounding WOW.
      This stuff tasted like liquid homemade grandmas peanut butter cookies. They nailed the flavor. I mixed this at 2 scoops post workout with half water half 1% milk in a shaker cup and never had any issue with clumps or anything.

This stuff performed perfectly for what I needed. It was easy to consume after a hard workout to get some carbs and protein in my system. The ratio of said protein and carbs were perfect for me and the overall shake didn't leave me feeling bloated at all after chugging it down but it did have me satisfied for a an hour or so. While using this product I never had any kind of gas issues or extra bathroom trips. I'm not sure if the added digestive enzymes they include help everyone but they seemed to help me.

After searching around the average price here seems to be around $45 +/- $5 for 30 2scoop servings. This is a fair price to me for a gainer. If you go up to 4 scoops the value decreases a bit, but with mass gainers that's a problem regardless of product/brand.

Side Effects

Conclusion

A very enjoyable experience for me from a gainer standpoint. Loved the flavor of a flavor I normally don't enjoy at all so I will be purchasing a couple tubs of other flavors fairly soon.

Overall
      Overall
      8.9
      9.1
        July 25, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Keeps You Full
      • Good Formula

After experimenting with a few mass gainers, I could easily say that this is definitely my favorite, as it has great taste, solid ingredient profile, and is very convenient to use as a meal replacement or for those who can't reach their intake.

I took this product during my bulk while I was eating around 3.5-3.6k calories. I was really struggling to meet this intake on certain days, so when I saw the opportunity to try this mass gainer, I dove for it with no regrets. I have tried two or three mass gainers in the past... all of which had 500+ calories and in hindsight, had awful ingredient profiles. So, even though I saw that there were only 250 calories per serving in Major Mass, it was still definitely a convenient and easy way to add more calories without putting on those unwanted layers.

Each serving equates to two scoops, while there are 30 servings per container.

Carbs 30 g
        Total fat 5 g
        Cholesterol 125 mg
        Sugar 10 g

The protein blend consists of whey protein concentrate, whole milk powder, whey protein isolate and milk protein isolate in order from highest amount used to lowest. While it is technically better to have whey isolate at the front of the list, I have never seen a mass gainer that does so (and if there is, it'd probably be very expensive), so this protein formula is completely fine.

The 30 grams of carbs comes from maltodextrin, their legume-based starch as carb 10, and dextrose. The use of carb 10 will prevent blood sugar levels from spiking, as there are faster and slower digesting carbs in this formula which is quite useful.

The 5 grams of fat comes from coconut oil powder and MCT oil, which are both healthy fat sources.

I do appreciate how there are only 30 grams of carbs for every 20 grams of protein. Most mass gainers seem to pack on a whole ton of carbs, which is usually not macro people have trouble getting enough of. This is definitely the reason why it does not have as much calories in general. The only minor complaint I have is its 10 grams of sugar. I'm not claiming that this is a bad amount, but I believe that it does not need as much to still taste good. It even felt too sweet at times, so they could definitely afford cutting it down a bit.

Lastly, they included the digestive enzymes Protease I & II, Amylases, Lipase, and Lactase.

The taste was very solid. I ordered the Ice Cream Sandwich flavor, and it tasted exactly as you would expect. It was definitely quite sweet, so I had to mix it with larger amounts of milk. This means that I had to mix it in a separate blender instead of my shaker bottle, but I did not mind.
        There were no problems mixing (especially because I did use the blender most of the time), but even with the shaker bottle it was fine.
        My dosing depended completely on how busy my day was and how much of my bulking diet I was able to complete without it. So, some days I used up to three-four scoops, while other days I used one.

Major Mass was really effective as a meal replacement or if I simply couldn't get enough calories that day. While it definitely does not pack as many calories as most other mass gainers, the amount was perfect for me and I felt better knowing that it was giving me a cleaner formula than most. I was able to put on some more mass during my bulk with it and continued to increase body weight by 1 lb per week.
        Also, after timing to consume it after my workouts, I definitely felt satiated and recovered adequately for the next day. It did make me feel more energized and fueled to take on a high frequency, 5-6 days per week training scheme. It had the proper carb and protein formula to refuel my body post-workout. My strength levels went up and my body fat did not have any unexpected increases.

The cheapest that I found this product for was $40 for the 4 lb., 30 serving container, which is quite a good, budget-friendly price to me. $1.33 per serving for a mass gainer is cheaper than most, but if you are really struggling to reach your intake, you might be looking at two servings per day. If you are only needing mild assistance in reaching your caloric intake, or especially if you're looking for a meal replacement, this product is definitely worth taking. The only situation I could imagine myself choosing another mass gainer is if I suddenly became extremely busy and am not even close to meeting my diet requirements.

Side Effects

No side effects.

Conclusion

This is definitely a product for convenience, and if I ever personally order another mass gainer, I would choose or recommend others this one. There are no lacking aspects to it: good taste, decent formula, fair price, and is definitely more trustworthy than a lot of the other mass gainers on the market. I appreciate VMI's ability to put in high quality ingredients into this mass gainer to give customers lean gains.
        • Ice Cream Sandwich: 9/10

July 22, 2018

• Not Cost Effective At 4 Scoops

First off thanks to VMI for making my first Troop review a breeze, and thanks to SR for giving me the opportunity.
        Major Mass is a lean mass gainer with a 20:30:10 protein:carb:fat ratio. It is available in 6 flavors in a 4lb/60 scoop size.

I used Major Mass while reverse dieting into a bulk. I was cutting for roughly 5 months and my calories were incredibly low so I decided I would use Major Mass with my cutting diet, I started with two scoops roughly an hour before my workout and finished the tub using 3 and a half scoops.

Major Mass is 250 calories per 2 scoops, these calories come from 5g of fat, 30g of carbs, and 20g of protein. The protein blend is whey concentrate, whole milk powder, whey isolate, and milk isolate. The carbs come from maltodextrin, Compound Solution's patented Carb10 and dextrose. The fats come from coconut oil and MCT oil. Major Mass also includes an enzyme blend, Digestisorb, for maximum absorption.
        I love this ingredient panel. The multi-stage carb complex felt great and I had absolutely no bloat which is incredible for a mass gainer. The inclusion of Carb10 is great because it is the lowest glycemic index carb so it kept my blood sugar in check while the rest of the carbs digested immediately. The protein blend is good but I would like to see egg protein and more whey isolate than concentrate. The fats are very well sourced, I'm not sure if there is a healthier fat blend on the market. The only thing I really did not like was the dextrose because of the sugar content, 10g of sugar per two scoops is kind of a turn off for me.

The taste was near perfect, VMI sent me samples of the three original flavors along with the Apple Pie A La Mode flavor that I chose. It made a really thin shake when mixed with water which I liked, I did not want to feel full since I was trying to take in more calories. There was a bit of a residue left on my shaker though which got annoying. Overall the flavor was near perfect, it tasted just like an apple pie, it felt like a cheat meal.
        Dosing ranged from 2 to 3 and a half scoops as my pre workout meal, this gave me enough energy for a workout and no bloat to hinder me in the gym.

This product was about as effective as it gets for a mass gainer, the ability to adjust it to fit my macros was great since each scoop was not crazy high in calories. I had absolutely no GI distress and I felt that my body absorbed all of the nutrients available from the shake. I had no blood sugar issues either, it was a very smooth energy.

The value is pretty good if you do not need a ton of calories, the lowest price I found was Campus Protein where it is $40 per tub. If you are a hard gainer and you do not eat enough I would say the value is not great since there are mass gainers with far more calories, but the quality is nowhere near Major Mass.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I loved this product, I will continue to get it whenever I am bulking. Thank you VMI for knocking this one out of the park.
        • Apple Pie ala Mode: 9/10
        • Ice Cream Sandwich: 10/10
        • Smores: 7/10
        • Marshmallow charms: 8/10

July 21, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Keeps You Full
        • Nice Colors
        • Nice Graphics
        • Prime Ingredients
        • Mixes Effortlessly
        • Smooth Digestion

INTRODUCTION

Thank you to VMI SPORTS for participating in the SR TROOP program and also for actively responding to messages. Thanks to SupplementReviews for making the connection brand-consumer possible. After finishing my weight/fat loss "program", I wanted to gain a bit of lean mass so this was the perfect opportunity to try VMI Major Mass. Let's see how it ended.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

2 scoops has: 30 servings, 250 calories, 6g Total Fat (3.5g Saturated), 58mg Cholesterol (19% DV), 30g Total Carbohydrates (10g from Sugar) and 20g Protein. The product does a good job classifying each ingredient into the Protein, Carbohydrate and Fat category.

Protein sources are: Whey Protein Concentrate, Whole Milk Powder, Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate. Unfortunately, it doesn't say how much amount of each protein because from those 20g, 15g could be from Whey Protein Concentrate and Whole Milk Powder, which would be dissapointing. But I would like to think that each Protein has 5g, which is alright. Overall, good protein sources.

Time Released Carbohydrate Blend: Maltodextrin, Legume based starch derived from Pisum Sativum (peas) (as Carb10 patented), Dextrose, Cocoa.

Fat Blend: Coconut Oil Creamer, Avocado Oil Powder, Coconut Oil Powder and MCT Powder.

And they also use "Digestisorb" which is a trademarked enzyme blend from VMI Sports to improve digestion, decrease bloat and increase nutrient delivery.

I give it a 9/10 here. Excellent ingredients, not a 10/10 because I don't know the exact amount of each protein form.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

TASTE: I requested other flavors but I guess they wanted us to try their 3 new flavors: Apple Pie Ala Mode, Chocolate Milkshake and Peanut Butter Cookie. I received the Chocolate Milkshake flavor. PERFECT 10/10. Impossible to improve. It tastes exactly as a Chocolate Milkshake should taste. With water it's delicious, with milk it's fantastic! They sent 1/4 sample (yea not a sample of 1 serving lol) of the other flavors they have. I had to use only 2oz of liquid for each 1/4 sample to try the flavor. My first impression is that they are all great.

MIXABILITY: No problems mixing the powder. However, a very small amount of powder constantly would be on the walls of the shaker. Nothing significant but had to mention it. Just remember, liquid first!

DOSING: I just wanted some extra calories so I only took 2 scoops daily. Once or twice I tried it with 3-4 scoops but usually I only did 2 scoops as my breakfast drink. A great and tasty way to start the day :D

EFFECTIVENESS

Being a lean mass gainer, I expected to increase a few pounds. But unfortunately, during my consumption, I got sick twice in a month! (not caused by this product). So instead of increasing the few pounds I wanted, I actually decreased a few pounds lol. That was because the days I was sick, I couldn't eat so much.

However, I noticed I didn't lose muscle significantly so that's something positive. This product was very effective giving me the 20 grams of Protein + my breakfast protein daily, also a little dose of 10g of Sugar (maybe would have liked a bit less grams here) to start the day with a few carbs and keeping me full longer until lunch time. The digestion was smooth, without problems so good job for the patented enzymes added. I didn't feel "heavy" after drinking this. All these effects combined with a very delicious taste.

VALUE

VMI's website has it for $59.99 but you're not expected to buy it from there so I won't even judge that price. Campus Protein has it for $39.99 ($35.99 if you have it delivered every X time. Suppz has it for $38.99, other retailers for $45.99 and $49.99. My Rating of "8" goes to any value that is not higher than $40. More than $40 reduces my Value score. You're getting high quality ingredients so obviously this product will be more expensive than lot of Weight Gainers out there.

SIDE EFFECTS

CONCLUSION

There are a lot of weight gainers out there but they are usually full of "stuff" you might not want and they don't taste so well by themselves. The biggest accomplishment by VMI Sports is that they made a Weight Gainer full of high quality ingredients, it doesn't have ingredients you might not want and they also made it have a very delicious taste by itself. This product also belongs to the subcategory of "Lean Mass Gainer" and not the overall category of "Weight Gainers". My only 2 critics would be the sugar amount (20g is high if you consume 4 scoops), I would prefer something like 15g sugar with 4 scoops and 7.5g sugar with 2 scoops. Not a big problem though. The other critic is that I don't know the exact amount of each protein form. Not a big deal either.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Change it to 7.5g sugar for 2 scoops and 15g sugar for 4 scoops.
        2. Disclose the amount of each protein form.
        3. Maybe think about having a bigger size container available.

*None of my suggestions are really that important but it would make the product even better than what it is already.
        • Chocolate Milkshake: 10/10

July 2, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Keeps You Full
        • -amazing Taste

A great mass gainer that can fit your lifestyle with an amazing taste.

I want to thank vmi for giving me the opportunity to try this product. This is the first time I ever took a mass gainer. I used to to get extra calories in my diet since I under eat a lot and just got off cutting. Before using this my daily calories was at 1900 typically and using this brought it up to 2650 calories.

In a 2 scoop serving it contains

Calories from fat 45
          Total fat 7 g
          Total carbs 29 g
          Protein 20 g

The fat comes from a combination of MCT Oil, Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil, and Whole Milk Powder.

It also has a digestive complex.

I think this isa good profile because you can use this any way you want to meet your daily macros.

I got peanut butter cookie and I think that the flavor is delicious. Tasted better than most proteins I've tried. It tastes like a peanut butter cookie you buy from the baked goods section of a grocery store.

The mixability was alright. It had some chunks even after shaking for a long time and I had to continuously shake it. It did not leave anything in the bottom of my shaker cup.

I would take 4 scoops with breakfast since I dont eat much food during breakfast and 2 more scoops as a snack later in the day.

I felt a lot better during the day while I was using this product. I was more energetic and happy. I think I felt that way because I was getting the macros I should get from my diet. I was performing better in the gym. I was able to lift a little heavier and take shorter breaks. I gained 3 pounds but it wasnt fat. People told more I looked like I put on more size. I was also less sure after my workouts. I'm not sure if that was because of this or something else I was taking.

You can find this at a1supplements.com for $46 which is $0.77 a scoop or $1.54 for 2 scoops. If you take 4 scoops it is $3.08 or if you take 6 scoops a day like I did then it is $4.62 a day. Compared to other mass gainers this price is one of the better prices you can get for one.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a great mass gainer. It has great ingredients and you can use it how you want. It can be a meal replacement or used to get in extra calories if needed. I would recommend this to someone who does not eat much or needs something to fill in their macros.

June 8, 2018

Pros:
           Cons:
          • Keeps You Full
          • Prime Ingredients
          • Great Recovery
          • Amazing Taste
          • Mixes Effortlessly
          • Only Use When Burning A High Amount Of Carbs
          • Not Cost Effective At 4 Scoops

A solid mass gainer with great flavor and "do your job" as Coach Belichick says.

I want to send a big thank you to the people at VMI who continue to deliver on their supplements. I have never done a mass gainer, so I wanted to try it. When I first got it, I was so excited because it was a 4 lbs tub but I later learned it was for 30 servings instead of the 60 servings I thought it was. I was a little sad but 30 servings are my normal, so the sadness was short-lived.

This is a protein blend powder with more calories, sugar, and carbs than I normally use because I usually do a low carb, sugar, and calories protein powder like protein isolate. All the elements are a serving which is 2 scoops.

Calories from fat 45
          Total fat 7 g
          Total carbs 29 g
          Protein 20 g

As you can see, this is a high amount item but you need to understand before using this protein it is a "mass gainer" which will have higher amounts than a normal protein powder. This protein blend has whey protein concentrate, whole milk powder, whey protein isolate, and milk protein isolate. It also has a time released carb blend so you will not get overwhelmed with carbs real fast so you won't feel the way you do after having a foot long subway sandwich. There is also peanut flour (so do not take if you have peanut allergies), fat blend with several types of oils, and Graham Cracker crumbs (which gives you the "cookie" taste and texture from the protein shake). It also lists the typical amino acid profile. The ingredients are great and I like having the milk ingredients added to it which give it more of an "ice cream" shake taste. You also get a good protein blend. The time release carbs were wonderful as it didn't leave me feeling bloated and tired because a high amount of carbs at one time can do that to you. The 29 g of carbs is high and gets really high when you get up to 4 scoops at 58 g. The carb issue is discussed in the effectiveness section. Ingredients are good, so I give it a high-ranking.

I have to say that the taste on this was unbelievable and maybe one of the best ones I ever had. I was able to get the peanut butter cookie which tasted like peanut butter with some chunks of chocolate chip cookies in it. Tried it with water and the flavor was good but I found it best with almond milk. The mixability was fine but make sure you get enough liquid if you use up to 4 scoops at one time because the instructions say to mix with 2 scoops with 6-8 ounces of liquid. The protein shake did have little chunks in it but that was not due to the mixability but for the cookie taste and texture. So taste and mixability were no issues. Dosing on this threw me for a loop at first because I usually use 1 scoop to get 20 g of protein powder and this product required two but this was a minor problem. It has 30 servings per tub with 2 scoops. The outside of the tub shows 40 g of protein but understand you have to use 4 scoops to get the 40 g. 2 scoops is 20 g of protein so dosing was fine. I would use 2 scoops before a workout and 2 more after a workout. I give this a high-ranking, especially for the taste.

I wanted to try this so I changed my workout to a HIIT workout. In order to keep from putting on weight from the carbs, I had to extend cardio. So I did twice as much cardio as I normally do to keep from putting weight on. I was able to do this without having any weight issues. Also, because of the more carbs and sugar, I was able to keep going with my workout and not get tired or worn out which may happen with a low carb diet. I can't say I had a "mass gainer" in muscle and strength but I can say I feel the product did its job. I felt full, had great recovery, and had wonderful workouts. I feel stronger so I believe it is an effective product so I give it a high rating.

The VMI Mass Gainer sells for around $46 for 30 servings so it works out to $1.53 per serving which is 2 scoops. Be careful when you're looking for a mass gainer because this is not like your normal whey protein. I found some as cheap as $20 but read the label. The one for $20 only had 8 servings so if you increase it to 30 you spend $60. The cheapest was $40 by Cellucor with only 28 servings. The VMI Mass Gainer is one of the cheapest ones you can find online for a mass gainer. Mass gainers are expensive due to the quality that is in each product. This for me is a really good price for a mass gainer and because they can get as high as a $100 for the same amount of servings. Just make sure you read the labels. I give this a high-ranking due to the high price of a mass gainer and this is a reasonable price.

Side Effects

No side effects

Conclusion

This is a great product for a mass gainer. The ingredients are good. The taste is wonderful. No issues with mixability. 4 scoops is a lot of powder but as a small issue. It was effective. The price is very reasonable. There were no side effects. If you are looking for a mass gainer, this is the one. The only catch is the price you pay for a mass gainer is high when comparing it to the normal protein powders. I would only buy it again if I was training for a marathon, a gantlet, or something else with a high amount of energy from things like the carbs or sugar. If that is the case, I would buy only this mass gainer so it gets a high-ranking.

June 6, 2018

Pros:
           Cons:
          • Keeps You Full
          • Great Recovery

This is a good meal replacement/lean mass gainer. It's delicious, mixes well, and works well as a shake and with yogurt.

I'm a powerlifter and am 2.5 weeks out from my fourth meet. I really enjoyed VMI's Protolyte, so when I saw Major Mass in the Troops program, I wanted to give it a go. I used it as a meal replacement vs. using it as a mass gainer as I'm not putting on weight right now. I would either drink it or mix it with yogurt and consume it post workout to start my carb refeeds.

Each tub of Major Mass comes with 60 scoops. The smallest serving size listed is 2 scoops. The macros are (for two scoops):

Calories 250, Protein 20g, Carbs 31g (10g sugar), Fat 5g (3.5g saturated).

The protein is a blend of Whey Protein Concentrate, Whole Milk Powder, Whey Protein Isolate and Milk Protein Isolate. The carbs come from Carb10 and maltodextrin. Carb10

There are is also a digestive complex in the product.

I got Apple Pie Ala Mode and it tastes great (9.5/10). It tastes just like apple pie filling, and it has graham cracker bits that give it a nice crunch, reminding me of a crunchy pie crust.

The mixability is good. It mixes well with a shaker bottle and it dissolves easily in milk or water. The shakes were on the thick side, which I prefer.

I usually used 2 scoops at a time (sometimes 3). I would either mix it with Fairlife or greek yogurt and would eat it post workout.

As a meal replacement, I found Major Mass to be pretty effective. Two scoops was enough to keep me full for a few hours without leaving me overly full or bloated.

I liked how balanced the product is. A lot of people avoid fat post workout because it slows digestion but newer research suggests that having fat along with protein post workout may improve MPS (e.g. whole eggs would be preferable to egg whites).

I also found that my recovery improved with the shakes. I was less sore during my run with Major Mass and even though my squat days were two days apart (Saturday and then again on Monday), I was always roaring and ready to go on Monday's session.

The list price is $60, which is pretty high, but I often see it selling for $40, and I've seen it sell for $32. If you have 2 scoops at a time, this is only $1.06/serving, which I think is pretty fair for a meal replacement.

It's a bit tricky comparing mass gainers as they often use different serving sizes/servings per container. I decided to use calories per dollar as a way to compare them.

Major Mass is about the same (in terms of calories/dollar) as ON Pro Gainer, is cheaper Beverly International Mass Maker, and is a bit cheaper than Muscletech's Mass Tech

As far as high quality gainers go, Major Mass is a good deal.

Side Effects

Conclusion

As I expected, Major Mass was a tasty treat. It was also good for my training/recovery. I highly recommend.
            • Apple Pie ala Mode: 9/10