L-Carnitine 3000 Reviews

By: VMI Sports

Overall
Overall
Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
  October 26, 2018

• Missing Some Key Fat Burning Ingredients
  • Did Not Help With Fat-Burning
  • Stomach Discomfort
  • Could Be Dosed Higher

A Non-stimulant, L-Carnitine-based product intended to burn fat.

First of all, I would like to thank VMI Sports for allowing me to review this product. I have taken quite a few of their supplements, and have been pretty impressed so far. They have also left a positive impression on some of my fellow TROOP members.

I have been on a fat fighting mission ever since my back surgery earlier on this year. Prior to that, I was on a never-ending recomp mission, because I feel that at between 225-230 pounds, I really don't want any more bulk. Hell, I'm a 40 something, and I'm not competing. Carnitine has been around for quite some time, and I figured that it couldn't hurt to give it a shot.

Pretty simple: 3 different types of carnitine

L-Carnitine 1.5 g -This is the standard form of L-Carnitine. It reportedly helps to increase energy.

L-Carnitine L-Tartrate 750 mg - This is one of the most common forms of carnitine found in sports supplements, due to its rapid absorption rate. It may help with exercise-related factors such as muscle soreness and recovery.

Acetyl L-Carnitine 750 mg -Often called ALCAR, this is possibly the most effective form for the brain. It may also be used to treat neurological conditions such as Alzheimer's disease. This form of Carntine can actually help with cognitive functions. ALCAR has the ability to penetrate the blood brain barrier, allowing it to stay in the central nervous system. Acetyl L-Carnitine latches onto fatty acids and carries them into your mitochondria. It gives your mitochondria the raw materials to produce lots of energy and function at their best. In other words, you need ALCAR to metabolize fat. If you're low on carnitine, fat can't get into your mitochondria, and you struggle to use it for fuel.

I had the cherry lime flavor, and I have to say, the flavor was surprisingly good. It was the proper balance of sweetness and tartness. The label suggests a serving (one tablespoon) on an empty stomach. This would make a great energy shot, but I had to dilute it in about 6 ounces of water (see below).

So, here's where I was scratching my head. I had previously used L-Carnitine 3000's fraternal twin, L-Carnitine Heat, which contains the same carnitine blend, plus added fat burning and appetite suppressing ingredients. That worked great for me; L-Carnitine 3000? Not so much. First of all, taking it per label recommendation gave me extreme diarrhea to the point where I had to dilute the product in water. I'm not sure why I reacted that way to this product and not VMI's similar product, but it was not a pleasant experience. Even diluted in water, I still experienced gas and discomfort.

I took this about 2 weeks after I stopped using L-Carnitine Heat, and although I noticed that I sweated slightly more, I really didn't notice any major changes. I dropped maybe a pound an a half with no other noticeable changes to my body composition. With VMI's other product, there was a definite leaning effect. However, with L-Carnitine 3000, I saw no increase in energy and no enhanced cognitive effects. This could be because studies have shown L-Carnitine's effectiveness at higher doses.

So, you get 31 servings for less than $20. Had this worked for me, then I'd say that it was a great value. However, because of my experience, it was just OK value-wise.

Side Effects

Diarrhea, gas, upset stomach

Conclusion

As much as I like VMI's products, it pains me to give this one such a low score, especially when so many other users have had good experiences with it. In all honesty, I recommend using L-Carnitine Heat. I got much better results with no stomach discomfort whatsoever.
  • Cherry Lime: 8/10

• dmf8625
    October 26, 2018

In terms of effectiveness, do you think all forms of the carnitine should be dosed higher per the studies you mention or just a certain one or two?

• Darkman
    October 29, 2018

dmf8625 , I think that the L-tartrate and ALCAR should at least be dosed at 1 gram each to add a more synergistic effect to the 1.5 grams of L-carnitine. However, I understand that at higher doses, unwanted side effects like a fishy body odor become more prominent.

• MarsheS
    October 31, 2018 - Last Edited: 2018-10-31 11:30:54

You took this on empty stomach? You took this with any other product? (aminos/intra-workouts, protein, preworkout, etc)

• Darkman
    October 31, 2018

@MarsheS, I took this on an empty stomach.