L-Carnitine 3000 Reviews

By: VMI Sports®

Overall
Overall
6.9
6.7
Thanks to VMI Sports® for sending it out!
  July 25, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fat Reduction
  • Tasty
  • Slight Leaning Effect
  • Slight Burning When Drinking

First and foremost, big thanks to VMI Sports for their continued participation in the SR Troops program, and thank you to SR for the opportunity!

Everyone is searching for that miracle supplement that will shed bodyfat while we sit on the couch and stuff Cheetos in our faces. Now we all know this doesn't exist, except in secret, underground, Russian super soldier test facilities. What does exist however, is supplements capable of boosting fat and calorie burning when combined with a healthy diet and workout plan. VMI Sports has made their attempt at this formula with L-Carnitine 3000.

I chose to review this supplement because of the overwhelmingly positive experience I have had with VMI products in the past. I am also on a ketogenic diet, and VMI claims that L-Carnitine 3000 improves your ability to burn fat for fuel, which is the basis of ketogenesis.

Three simple and straightforward active ingredients:

L-Carnitine - 1500mg
An amino acid which has been shown to increase the body's ability to increase thermogenesis and burn fat for energy

Acetyl-L-Carnitine - 750mg
A form of L-Carnitine which is capable of crossing the blood-brain barrier, allowing it to enhance cognitive function, focus, and increase energy

L-Carnitine L-Tartrate - 750mg
A form of L-Carnitine which provides the same benefits, albeit with a better absorption due to the added L-Tartrate

Taste - 9/10:
I requested and received the Patriot Pop flavor, which tasted incredible. The flavor was strong, with a nice balance of sweetness with a slightly tangy finish. I would honestly take this product just for the flavor itself and it was hard not to just chug it when dosing.

Mixability:
This supplement is in a liquid, ready to drink form.

Dosing:
1Tbsp once daily. I usually took this product in the morning before departing for work or the gym.

A rare miss for VMI Sports. Throughout my run of this product, I noticed a slight increase in sweat production, although without that increased body temperature I typically feel from thermogenic supplements. This was a welcomed effect, and along with the two pounds a week I was dropping, I initially believed I had found that miracle supplement we are all searching for. However, after finishing my run of the product, I continued to see similar weight loss results. My weight loss did decrease slightly, a matter of a couple ounces a week, and I noticed the weight seemed to take slightly longer to come off. After a couple of weeks off of this product, I still had not seen a significant change in effect. While this product did seem to be somewhat effective, it was not enough for me to justify adding it to my daily stack. For me, this is more of a luxury supplement, one that I may pick up and use when I find my weight loss is beginning to plateau rather than using on a consistent basis.

As for the energy and cognitive effects of this product, I ultimately saw no change. I believe this is due to the somewhat low dosage of Acetyl-L-Carnitine. While scientific studies have shown this ingredient to be effective, typically the effects are seen at much higher dosages. I would like to see VMI increase this dosage or add another nootropic type ingredient to this product. I was really looking forward to getting a mental boost from this product, and was disappointed when I did not.

$20 for 31 servings. Price wise, this is a pretty fair value, however considering it was not as effective as I would have hoped, it loses a bit of value to me.

Side Effects

Slight burning in the throat while taking. Nothing painful or unbearable. Just unexpected.

Conclusion

Overall, while this product had some effect, it was not as effective as I had hoped it would be for me. Generally I have had very positive experiences with VMI products, and this is a rare miss. After reading other reviews on this product, it may be possible that my body just did not react to the L-Carnitine as well as some others. Hopefully others have a better experience with this product than I did.
  • Patriot Pop: 9/10