L-Carnitine 1500 Heat POWDER Reviews

By: VMI Sports®

Overall
Overall
Thanks to VMI Sports® for sending it out!
  December 21, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Too Sweet

A powdered L-Carnitine product with ingredients added to give some thermogenic properties. Minor effects were had, but you can find this for such a cheap price point it may be worth a shot at least once.

39 years old and I lift 5 days a week. I have become a fan of most VMI supplements and am glad I got to expand my horizons on this site. When I saw the opportunity to try their new L-Carnitine 1500 Heat formula, I had to give it a shot as I had just finished a standard L-Carnitine product recently. Big thank you to the OLD SR and VMI for making this review possible.

Fully disclosed ingredient label which is always appreciated. At my age I typically like to know exactly what I am putting into my body.

The main ingredients here are 750mg Acetyl L-Carnitine HCI and 750mg L-Carnitine L-Tartrate. That nets you 1500mg Carnitine. I like the combination of two types of Carnitine here.

Next we have 50mg Green Tea Leaf Extract, 25mg Gamma Butlrobetaine HCI, 15mg Paradoxine (Grains of Paradise Extract), and 2.5mg Bioperine (Black pepper).

Not a bad list of ingredients, nothing in here that would scream out filler ingredient to me.

Taste: I had requested and received the Rainbow Candy flavor because it just sounded amazing to me. Well, it turned out it was wayyyyyyyyyy to sweet for my liking. I normally do not eat or care for sweets, so I didn't enjoy taking this at all. The sweetness bugged my stomach for a few minutes afterwards, but that is on me. It was no undrinkable by any means just a bit too sweet.

Mixability: No issues here, just mix it up in 8-10oz of water in a shaker and you are good to go. Nothing settles to the bottom and no grit is left behind or anything like that.

Dosing: I dosed this as per the directions which is one scoop with 8-10oz of water before a workout or first meal of the day. On training days I would take this 30 minutes prior to lifting and upon waking up on rest days.

Since I had recently tried out a liquid form of L-Carnitine and saw some results, I was thinking the combination of heat elements would make this an interesting product. Unfortunately, I never felt any sort of thermogenic properties at all. No increased sweat, nothing. My weight and body fat really did not change at all while on this, and I was eating fairly well. Typically I would expect some fat loss here, but nothing. I stick with a MEH rating on this because I did not gain any weight or fat, so I do believe this had some effect albeit very minor. Perhaps if I dosed this twice a day things would have been different but I just could not get over the too sweet of a taste to even try it.

You can grab this from Best Price Nutrition for $16.65 for 30 servings. This is around 56 cents a serving which would be an incredible deal if it had some effect for me. As I couple effectiveness in with value, I say it is average.

Side Effects

Minor stomach ache for a few minutes after taking this due to sweet flavor.

Conclusion

Overall this had minor effects if any for me. If I had a better flavor I would try to run this twice a day, but maybe the absorption is the issue compared to a standard Liquid L-Carnitine. Either way you can find this at such a cheap price point it may be worth running to see if it works for you if you are in the market for an L-Carnitine product with a unique twist.

On a separate note it appears this is my last review here on SR for the time being. Thank you for reading my reviews for the last couple of years, it has been fun!!
  • Rainbow Candy: 1/10