L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT Reviews

By: VMI Sports

Weight Loss > Stimulant Free
L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT is a Stimulant Free Weight Loss Product manufactured by VMI Sports. It can increase metabolic rate and fat loss without the use/inclusion of traditional stimulants.

November 14, 2018

• No Measuring Instrument

A good carnitine with a spicy kick.

Thanks again to the people at VMI. I wanted to try this for one main reasons (not just it had ingredients I was looking for) and that was because I read several good reviews on it. I have only tried a few carnitine supplements. I have had some good and some bad results. I have done several reviews on the VMI products and this is another effective one. VMI makes great products and sometimes I feel like a VMI rep but you can not deny that this company delivers.

There are 3 types of Carntine which are L-Carnitine 500 mg, Acetyl L-Carnitine 500 mg, and L-Carnitine L-Tartrate 500 mg. The other elements are Green Tea Leaf Extract 50 mg, Gamma-Butyrobetaine Ethyl Ester Chloride 25mg, Grains of Paradise Seed 15 mg and BioPerine 2.5 mg. Several of the reviews break down each type of Carnitine, so I wanted to break down how the ingredients go together.

Carnitine is an amino acid that gives energy that can help with weight loss. Carnitine is found in almost all the cells in our body. The wonderful thing about this amino acid is it burns energy by using fatty acids for metabolism. Carnitine has also been used for people with kidney issues.

Green Tea is similar to caffeine and will help increase energy. Gamma-Butyrobetaine Ethyl Ester Chloride or GBB-EEC is to help with energy similar to pre-workout supplements and will also work to increase Carntine. Grains of Paradise (not grains of paradise capsicum) is the Aframomum melegueta plant for medicine in Western Culture. Aframomum is for fat reduction. It has also been used for hormones, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory. Lean GBB is a precursor for Carnitine to increase the Carnitine to help with results. It can help with weight loss and athletic performance. BioPerine is basically black pepper. Black pepper is what we use on our foods, along with salt. Black powder also has many benefits which includes weight loss, digestive assistant, ulcers, and antioxidant to name a few. The purpose of the black pepper is that it helps the body to absorb the Carnitine.

All these elements work together, similar to why we use salt and pepper together. The carnitine and other supporting ingredients make this to be a fantastic Carnitine supplement, so I give this a good rating because all these ingredients work together to help Carnitine work better.

There are 4 options to choose from on the flavor and I received Patriot Pop. The flavor is hard to explain but I liken it to 5 hour energy (which I have stopped taking and would not recommend it) but not the same after-taste. Also, they call it heat because it is spicy. It does have a taste kick so do not be surprised. I do not mind a little spice and use Tabasco on almost everything, but this is a different spice. I liked this flavor but it is not for everyone.

The mixability does not apply as it comes already mixed together but I do recommend shaking it every time you use it. The product also says you need to fridge after opening it. The dosing was one table-spoon on an empty stomach or prior to a workout. I would use mine one hour before lunch.

The only problem I had with this product is who leaves home with a tablespoon. What I did to fix this was drop 1 tablespoon on my first serving into the cap that is on top of the tub to measure out how much a tablespoon would be and I marked that to use every time. This is one recommendation I would make to VMI to help those not carrying around a spoon. Other than that, no issues, so I give this a great rating.

The VMI 1500 Heat says it will boost metabolism and increase thermogenic and this is exactly what it did. I always need some stuff that is for energy and this is what it was. As far as it goes with energy, no problems. I did lose 4 pounds but I have increased cardio so it could have been both things with the weight loss. I always struggle to eat well during Thanksgiving and Christmas so it was nice to lose a little before the season. What this product did do was keep me from putting on weight. It did give me a little appetite fullness so my lunch would sometime be light. These ingredients did help curb appetite and I felt it would have helped with fat loss. Definitely, something I thought was working. It did deliver on metabolism boost and thermogenic, so I give this a high rating.

The normal price is $25 but it was also available for $20 for 31 servings which is $0.68 per serving. I give this a high rating because it was a supplement with a clean energy boost. A good value for the price.

Side Effects

Unfortunately, I did have a side effect. I had a brain hemorrhage exactly 4 years ago on Nov. 10, so I can get headaches easier. I did have some headaches along the way but it's hard for me to tell if it was due to 1500 Heat or not. I was able to finish the tub but did have about 7 hard days along the way. This may not be an issue for everyone, but I had to note it.

Conclusion

This is a great carnitine with multiple carnitine and supporting ingredients which is good. The taste was fine and unusual but not for the faint of heart. The mixability and dosing were fine. It was effective. If you can get it at $20, then I highly suggest getting one. The cost is still reasonable at $25 for 31 servings. I did have some side effects but it could be just me. This is a wonderful carnitine and I would recommend and try it again.

October 13, 2018

• No Measuring Instrument
  • Low % Of Active Ingredients

From the brand:

L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT uses a trifecta of three different Carnitine supplements to help ignite your metabolism, enhance calorie burning, and accelerate fat loss without the use of any stimulants whatsoever.

INCREASED FAT BURNING
Carnitine enhances your body's ability to burn fat for fuel, potentially transforming you into a pure fat burning machine.

IMPROVED BODY COMPOSITION
The combination of proven fat loss agents in L-Carnitine, Grains of Paradise, Green Tea, and Gamma-Butyrobetaine (GBB) can provide rapid results leading to superior body composition.

ENHANCED PERFORMANCE
Carnitine allows your body the ability to burn fat for energy while training, allowing you to last longer during your workouts, for increased calorie burning and performance.

NON-STOP USE
L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT contains no stimulants whatsoever, meaning there's no tolerance build up and you never a need to cycle on and off.

Hello all. Full intro about myself can be found here in the forum: https://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=35432.0

Thank you to VMI Sports for their continued participation here on SR.com and allowing us TROOPers to try and review many of the products they offer. Today I am going to speak about the first liquid carnitine product that I have ever used, L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT. After reading multiple mixed reviews over the last few months about this product here on the site and with recently finishing a similar thermogenic/sweat producing supplement, I decided it was time to give this guy a shot. I planned on using this product before my LISS cardio sessions in the evening. As I mentioned in the other review, my main attraction to this product was the inclusion of Gamma-Butyrobetaine Ethyl Ester Chloride and Grains of Paradise. While the other supplement had some additional ingredients, let's see if this is a case of where less is more.

This product thankfully has a fully disclosed label for the active ingredients. The 1500 in the name is in reference to the 1500 milligrams of carnitine included in each serving. That amount is split evenly between three forms consisting of L-Carnitine, L-Carnitine L-Tartrate, and Acetyl L-Carnitine (500mg each). On the VMI webpage of this supplement, there is an FAQ which includes the question "What is Carnitine?" Their answer is: "Carnitine is a substance naturally produced by the body that's found in all cells. It can improve the body's ability to metabolize fat for energy, thus transforming you into a true, blue fat-burning machine. L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT uses three highly bioavailable forms of L-Carnitine (L-Carnitine, Acetyl L-Carnitine & L-Carnitine L-Tartrate), for maximum effectiveness to help promote weight loss."

L-Carnitine is naturally occurring in the body and involved in hundreds of processes. Commonly known to help the body produce energy by freeing up fatty acids, and can help aid in promoting weight loss.

Acetyl L-Carnitine or ALCAR, is thought to be the most bioavailable form of L-Carnitine. Unlike other forms which typically help convert stored fat to energy, ALCAR readily crosses the blood-brain barrier & acts within the brain itself. Its primary actions are related to cognitive function.

L-Carnitine L-Tartrate or LCLT, is Carnitine bonded to Tartaric Acid. Its rapidly absorbed by the body, making it ideal to include as part of a pre-workout. Can also aid in physical performance, potentially reduce muscle soreness & aid in post-workout fat oxidation.

Next we have Green Tea Leaf Extract (50mg). Green Tea contains a combination of vitamins, minerals, and caffeine. Most of Green Tea's health benefits can be attributed to active ingredients known as polyphenols and catechins - plant compounds with strong antioxidant activity. The most potent of these polyphenols is epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG)-the compound most responsible for green tea's reputation as a fat burner. Green Tea has been shown to improve metabolic rate and increase the body's heat production and fat oxidation.

Next is the Gamma-Butyrobetaine Ethyl Ester Chloride (25mg). I was a little disappointed to see this wasn't the registered/trademarked version GBBGO. In terms of this ingredient's purpose, "A precursor to L-Carnitine, GBB may naturally increase the production of L-Carnitine by your body. Increasing natural L-Carnitine not only aids in fat burning but also has the potential to enhance exercise performance and recovery!" It has also been called "Super Carnitine" because of its ability to increase carnitine production by up to 300%!"

Next we have the Grains of Paradise Seed Extract (Aframum Melegueta) (Paradoxine)(15mg). Props to VMI for using the registered Paradoxine version of this ingredient. This is a spice belonging to the ginger family that stimulates brown adipose tissue, boosting metabolism and increasing thermogenesis while decreasing visceral fat in the lower abdomen. From the ingredient's website: How do Paradoxinework? >> In humans, there are two types of adipose tissue, WAT (white adipose tissues) and BAT (brown adipose tissues). WAT is the sites of energy storage, while BAT is responsible for cold-and diet-induced thermogenesis, which helps to control body-energy expenditure, as well as body fat content. Paradise extract (especially including 12.5% 6-paradol) was found to promote WAT transformation into BAT. (http://www.paradoxine.com/index.php)

Lastly, we have BioPerine(2.5mg). This ingredient is included in multiple supplements because of its ability to increase nutrient absorption. From the BioPerine website: "A thermonutrient such as BioPerine would potentially improve the process of nutrient absorption by enhancing thermogenesis.
The leading theory of food-induced thermogenesis relates to the autonomous nervous system. The autonomous nervous system is represented by two main receptors in the gastrointestinal tract, the alpha and beta adrenergic receptors." If you would like more information about this specific ingredient, you can see the research on their website at https://www.bioperine.com/.

In my opinion, the ingredient profile on paper would best be described as average. In comparison to the similar product that I recently completed, VMI has provided me with more overall carnitine and different forms but less GBB and Grains of Paradise. Another concern I have is the percentage of active ingredients in each serving of this product. Each serving is 15 milliliters, equal to 15 grams by weight from what I can find on the web. The total amount of active ingredients per serving is less than 1.6 grams. I do realize this is a liquid supplement, so a large portion needs to be water but I feel VMI could have increased the dose of either the GBB, the Grains of Paradise, the green tea or preferably all three without much change to the mixture. But hey, I'm just a consumer with an opinion and VMI Sports is a successful company in the crowded sports nutrition market.

Taste >> I was most looking forward to trying the Juicy Stripes, Gummy Bear or Rainbow Candy flavors of this product but I was sent the Orange Pineapple. At first, I was not really excited about this flavor because I am not a fan of orange flavored products and I was hoping the pineapple stood out. To be honest, with the product being a small liquid shot, there isn't much flavor to taste. For some reason the flavor reminds me of slightly melted Otter Pops that I used to eat as a kid, with a slight spicy aftertaste. Very easy to drink and move on with your activities.

About a week after I started taking this product, I received another package from VMI Sports which included a bottle of my number one desired flavor, Juicy Stripes. Based on the name and artwork on the bottle, my guess is this flavor was designed to reflect that of Fruit Stripe gum, which I used to chew as a kid. You may remember the package had an oddly colored zebra on it. They nailed it with this flavor! The smell and taste is a perfect reminder of this gum. This is an instance where I wish the serving size was larger so I could enjoy the flavor more.

Mixability >> Nothing here to mix with this product. Just give the bottle a quick shake, pour out your serving and you're ready to go. The liquid has a slightly thicker consistency than plain water but nothing that would cause an issue.

Dosing >> Per the brand: Shake Well Before Using. As A Dietary Supplement, Take One Serving (1tbsp) Preferably On An Empty Stomach, Prior To A Meal Or Prior To Exercise. Do Not Consume More Than One Serving At A Time, And No More Than Two Servings Within A 24-Hour Period.

My dose was on an empty stomach before evening LISS cardio.

In regards to the product's claims and the effectiveness that I received, this supplement was somewhat of a mixed bag for me. Was I transformed into a "pure fat burning machine"? No, not really. Let's be honest, becoming a "pure fat burning machine" is something that only a small percentage of genetically gifted people can achieve and that ability is still highly dependent on nutrition and training. I am not one of those people but will try any supplement that can get me closer to that goal. During use of this supplement, my goal was to be in a caloric deficit for as many days as possible. While that was the case for most of the 30 or so days, there were a few that I did overeat (mainly on carbs). This supplement did keep my overall weight loss goal on track even with the couple of setbacks. Over the approximate 30 days I was on this supplement, I was able to lose about seven pounds of scale weight without a decrease in strength. From past experiences, I know that I can lose between four and ten pounds of scale weight in about a 30 day period without any drastic measures with much of it depending on my consistency with food intake and training.

I did enjoy the increased thermogenic effect that this supplement had on my body during my LISS cardio. Shortly after consuming my serving, I would feel some warmth spreading throughout my stomach and lower back. As I started moving more, that feeling would spread to my entire upper body and I would have a noticeable increase in sweating compared to when I wasn't using this product. It never got to the point of being uncomfortable for me and I did not have to worry about the sweat making a mess that would impact others because I was working out at home. If you train in a public area, you will likely have to be more cautious about this increase in sweating and cleaning up after yourself. While this increase was not as intense as the previous thermogenic/sweat producing supplement that I reviewed, it was still noticeable and I enjoyed it. I know that an increase in sweating does not necessarily mean you or your body is achieving better results, it is a nice mental queue to me that I am "putting in work".

Lastly, I did notice a slight increase in stamina and endurance during my LISS cardio while using this supplement. Not sure if that was a placebo effect from mentally knowing the carnitine should allow me to burn fat for energy or if it was actually the additional carnitine in my system was producing this effect. Either way it worked and I was able to extend my cardio sessions longer than I had planned without having a negative effect on my recovery from weight training. This allowed me to increase my calorie burn and progress with my weight loss goals even with the couple of setbacks that I mentioned earlier.

As a bit of additional information for others considering this supplement; the additional thermogenic ingredients could help you with your warm-up before training if you live in a colder climate or train early in the morning before your body is moving efficiently. This supplement could also be effective if you follow specific diets that do not have foods which provide your body with enough natural carnitine. For some additional research information about carnitine, you can check out this blog post about how this ingredient may be underrated (https://blog.priceplow.com/supplement-research/l-carnitine).

Purchasing a bottle directly from the VMI Sports website will cost you $24.99. A1 Supplements currently has all seven flavors available on its site for $18.75. Each bottle comes with 31 servings in it. Sometimes a lower price may pop up on Amazon or eBay for a specific flavor, which may save you another dollar or two.

In the big picture of training and supplementation, a product like L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT is likely going to be a third tier supplement for most people. First tier would be products like a protein powder and pre-workout. Second tier may be an amino acid product and something like a fish oil or multi vitamin. Once you have all those supplements taken care of and if there's still some money left in your budget to spend, a fat burning/cardio supplement like this would be a good option.

An individual situation I can see that changing is if you know you're deficient in carnitine because of your food choices. At that point, you will have to decide if you want a lower dosed carnitine product with the added extras like this or a higher dosed pure carnitine supplement like VMI Sports Carnitine 3000.

Side Effects

There were no negative side effects that I experienced with this product. As noted and expected, you will probably sweat A LOT after taking this and doing some type of physical activity. Just be aware of that if you work out in a public gym and are self-conscious about how others may look or perceive you when you are sweating up a storm. Also, please be sure to have a towel handy so you can wipe down the machines and benches after using them as a courtesy to others. No one wants to wallow is your sweat puddles while trying to work out.

The warning from the brand is: For Use as a Dietary Supplement Only By Healthy Adults of the Age of 18 and Over. Do Not Use This Product If You Are Pregnant, Nursing, Or May Become Pregnant. Do Not Consume If You Have A Pre-Existing Medical Condition, Or You Are Taking Any Prescription Medication. Please Consult A Physician Prior To Use. Do Not Use If Safety Seal Is Broken. Use Only As Directed. Do Not Exceed Recommended Use. Store in a Cool, Dry Place (60'F to 80'F).

Conclusion

To wrap things up, I really enjoyed this product and had a great experience during my run. From the beginning, I knew this was not going to be a miracle supplement that would instantly transform me into a "pure fat burning machine" but all the other product claims were met and/or exceeded. Personally, I do not think my body is low on carnitine based on the foods I regularly eat but a serving a day of this gave me some extra peace of mind that I had all the tools necessary to continue on with my weight loss goals. If you are a person whose body is low on carnitine and you are trying to lose some excess fat, this is definitely a supplement that I would recommend looking into even more. The label is transparent, it is easy to consume, the two flavors I had were enjoyable (especially the Juice Stripes) and the effectiveness was inline and/or above what I had hoped for (even with what I initially thought were some under-dosed ingredients).

Once again, thank you to VMI Sports for being a part of SR.com and sending this product out to me plus going above and beyond with the extra bottle of my desired flavor! Fantastic customer service and making each individual feel special during the fulfillment process.

Thank you for reading my review and let me know if you have any questions.
  • Orange pineapple: 7/10
  • Juicy Stripes: 10/10

September 5, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Makes A Good Sweat
  • Open Label
  • Reduce Water Retention
  • Some Ingredients Could Be Dosed Higher

L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT unfortunately does not bring the heat. It will help you sweat a little more but that seemed to be about it. All in all, you're much better off just running a standard L-Carnitine supplement and drinking green tea and/or supplementing with green tea extract/powders.

I picked up L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT from TROOPS after trying VMI's L-Carnitine 3000 with some success. Still trying to shed a few pounds at the time, I decided to try out the HEAT variant in hopes that it may be more beneficial in terms of fat-loss as I mostly saw nootropic benefits with L-Carnitine 3000.

6.5/10
The bulk of L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT is 1,500mg of L-Carnitine in 3 forms. Big surprise, right? A little surprising to me, however, was that there was 500mg of each form: L-Carnitine, L-Carnitine L-Tartrate, and Acetyl L-Carnitine. L-Carnitine 3000 did not use this 1:1:1 ratio and instead used a 2:1:1 ratio. I actually prefer this ratio since ALCAR has nootropic benefits and LCLT has shown some promise in increasing androgen receptors and power output, albeit at a dose of 2 grams. Still, a 1:1:1 ratio gives you more of the better forms. The downfall here though is that there is only 500mg of each form per serving. That's a bit low to say the least.

What separates this product from the other variant, L-Carnitine 3000, is the inclusion of some extra ingredients to aid lipolysis. L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT had 50mg of Green Tea Extract (standardized for 50% EGCG), 25mg of Gamma Butyrobetaine Ethyl Ester Chloride, 25mg of Paradoxine Grains of Paradise Extract (standardized for 12.5% 6-paradol), and 2.5mg of BioPerine black pepper extract.

50mg of green tea extract? I regularly supplement with at least 500mg of green tea extract a day with the same standardization rate providing 250mg of EGCG. Finding green tea extracts providing anywhere from 200mg-250mg EGCG is the norm. 50mg is a drop in the bucket. You're likely better off drinking an actual cup of green tea.

GBB is the molecule needed for your body to produce its own L-Carnitine. Apparently some studies have shown it to have a thermogenic effect of its own after supplementation and certainly makes you sweat a lot more. Also, it may be safer because it cannot convert to D-Carnitine which is toxic. The typical dose here is 10-20mg twice daily so its actually well dosed here, especially if you take two servings throughout the day. My main issue here, is the ingredient's inclusion to begin with. I think it makes sense in a L-Carnitine product for sure, but given that it is only in the HEAT version it appears that its included more for its sweat producing capabilities than its synergy with L-Carnitine supplementation in general. That seems like a little bit of a dirty trick to me since sweat production doesn't equal lipolysis.

Grains of Paradise come from the Ginger plant and contain a notable compound called 6-paradol. 6-paradol is purported to increase one's metabolic rate, activity of brown adipose tissue, and calorie burning. The studies were originally conducted on rats and then recently some have been done on humans that show promise. That being said, I couldn't find anything on what standardization rate of 6-paradol was being used in the studies and came across some studies using 30mg-40mg of Grains of Paradise. Also, it seemed the jury was still out on the relatively new findings. Thus, while this could very well be adequately and efficaciously dosed, I think there are more tried and true options for a fat-burning supplement. For example, I'd much rather see capsaicin extract than grains of paradise.

Finally 2.5mg of BioPerine is weak. The studies were done with 10mg of BioPerine and most supplements at least include 5mg. Its not an expensive ingredient so I don't really see why the common dose of 5mg, which is still underdosed, can't be met.

In short, VMI deserves some credit for using some cutting edge ingredients and that will definitely appeal to some consumers with a bit more faith than me. However, they also deserve some serious flak for including a pittance of 50mg of Green Tea Extract and a drop of BioPerine. If you're putting stock in new and cutting edge ingredients, then at least cover your bases with absorption enhancers and the one tried and true ingredient in the ingredient.

I received the Patriot Pop flavor and it was not nearly as good as the regular version. It was kind of spicy. I attribute that to the Grains of Paradise since it comes from Ginger. If you want that ingredient I expect that the spiciness is something you'll have to deal with so I don't fault VMI too much for that. At least it didn't give me heartburn or a lasting burning sensation. Plus, it still wasn't a bad flavor - just a little spicy.

Mixability was perfect. Given that this is a liquid suspension product, you'd expect nothing less but VMI still deserves some credit for not botching this. No clumps, graininess, etc. I always gave the bottle a shake before using but I doubt it was necessary.

I dosed this at 1-2 servings, weighed out in the cap, pre-workout.

I can't say I noticed any real lipolytic effects from supplementing with L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT. Fat loss seemed to stay at the same pace before, during, and after using this product. In the timeless words of Forrest Gump, "that's all I have to say about that."

I also didn't notice much in the way of nootropic effects at one serving. At two servings I seemed to get a mild cognition boost, but it was not as strong as what I felt with the L-Carnitine 3000 product from VMI. I assume this has to do with the reduced ALCAR dosage.

The main effect that I felt from this product was increased sweat production. I was sweating so much. At first, I thought it was a fat-burner I was taking along with some other supplements, but then I realized that when I didn't take L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT I wasn't sweating nearly as much. For example, after a workout with no cardio I would be sweating as if I had just done 30 minutes on the treadmill. Unsurprisingly, I felt and looked a little drier after these workouts. Perhaps, this should be repurposed as a diuretic supplement. Seriously though, it felt like I was in a sauna. Unfortunately, that does not necessarily translate to lipolysis. Sweating more was good and all for the mental effect of "oh, I must be losing more weight since I'm sweating more," but we know that its just water weight and not actual fat burning. In the end, I didn't notice any real impact on my fat-burning efforts, but at least I felt like I was making more progress.

I found this for $24.99 at most supplement sites and $19.99 on Amazon with prime shipping (and $1 off with a subscription). That's $0.67 a serving. That may not sound too bad, but consider what you're actually getting here. You're getting half the L-Carnitine as the regular version from VMI (which was a decent deal), and you're getting a pittance of Green Tea Extract and BioPerine along with some cutting edge, but relatively unproven ingredients. If the Green Tea Extract was at least increased to 250mg and the Bioperine to 5mg then this could be an ok value. As it stands, its just not a deal I'd pull the trigger on unless I had some serious cash to blow.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

I got to a 6/10 by averaging the Value, Effectiveness, and Ingredient Profile sections which gave a 6.17/10. I then decided to round down to a 6/10 because I felt that this accurately reflects my overall experience with the product. I was severely disappointed by the profile and while I tried to give a small boost of 0.5 for the utilization of unique ingredients like 6-paradol and GBB, I think VMI really messed up by underdosing ECGC, and to a lesser extent BioPerine. Additionally, I think another tried and true fat-burning staple like Capsaicin could really help this product live up to the marketing hype. In short, if you're looking for fat-loss and L-Carnitine you're better off drinking a few cups of green tea and supplementing with VMI's L-Carnitine 3000.

August 29, 2018

• Some Ingredients Could Be Dosed Higher

An L-Carnitine based thermogenic that does what it's supposed to do.

I've noticed that VMI Sports has a strong presence at SR, and quite a loyal following, so after a little research, I decided to give their L-Carnitine 1500 Heat a try. I'm still recovering from back surgery that I had back in January, so my focus right now is staying as lean as possible until I can go heavy again. Thanks to VMI Sports for supporting the TROOPs. Let's go.

First and foremost, everything is fully disclosed; NO PROP BLENDS! L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT is a liquid L-Carnitine-based product with 31 servings. Here's what's in it:
L-Carnitine 500mg (aids with energy and weight loss)
Acetyl L-Carnitine 500mg The Acetyl L-Carnitine helps for converting fat into energy, but much less as a "primary benefit" than the regular L-Carnitine does. It's like saying that you can eat an orange for your fiber intake (as that is one benefit of eating oranges), but most people take it for the Vitamin C content, as that's a more prevalent benefit compared to other.
L-Carnitine L-Tartrate 500mg Improves muscle endurance and increases fat mobilization
Green Tea Leaf Extract 50mg Shown to assist in weight loss by regulating the hormones that can enhance thermogenesis
Gamma Butyrobetaine ethyl ester Chloride 25mg A laboratory-made compound that has been found to enhance the natural production of L-carnitine in humans.
Grains Of Paradise extract 15mg An herb that activates the brown adipose tissue, which causes fat to burn, consequently leading to weight loss in rats.
BioPerine 2.5mg Helps with nutrient absorption

Overall, the ingredient profile looks solid, but I think the Green Tea extract was underdosed.

I chose the orange pineapple flavor, and it tasted like neither. I can't really describe the taste--maybe children's cough syrup sprinkled with pepper...? It wasn't really unpleasant; just unusual. I never had to struggle getting it down. The label directions say to consume 1 tablespoon per day. I took a serving about 30 minutes prior to a workout. No mixing was required; it's a ready to drink liquid.

My main issue with non-stimulant fat burners is that I don't really "feel" them working. However, from a thermogenesis standpoint, I could definitely feel this product working. There were times where I would start sweating even when sitting at my desk. During workouts, I would be drenched, more than usual. I also felt a little more focused during my workouts; not "locked in" per se, but more of a determination to get it in.

As far as weight loss is concerned, I only lost about two pounds, but I definitely looked quite a bit leaner, especially around my midsection. My abs had more definition and my waist looked a tad smaller. I'm not a numbers guy anyway; I tend to judge by how my clothes fit and what my reflection in the mirror says. I just wish that more Green Tea extract were included in the formula

VMI Sports' website sells L-Carnitine Heat 1500 for $24.95. Elsewhere, it's $19.99, which for a 31 serving bottle equates to about 64 cents a serving. That's not bad at all. I'll definitely be buying another bottle or two. It's effective and it's not a budget buster.

Side Effects

Heavy sweating (which is a good thing with this type of product)

Conclusion

VMI Sports has quickly developed a following, and based on the results I achieved with L-Carnitine 1500 Heat, they definitely had the athlete in mind. I wasn't really expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised. I think that one would probably have to run it for two months (which I plan to do) to see best results. Nevertheless, I'm pleased with what it did in 31 days. I wouldn't call it a home run; it was more of a two-run double with two outs.
  • Orange pineapple: 7/10

4.1
  August 16, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Open Label
  • Some Ingredients Could Be Dosed Higher

Hey guys, back again to try this L-CARNITINE product by VMI Sports. First, I'd like to thank VMI for sending me a bottle and participating in the TROOP program.

I was looking to cut some weight this summer and re-comp my body after punishing it with school and work, so I gave this product a try as it is a great addition to any fat-burning program. To be honest, I have taken supplements like L-CARNITINE in the past and I know that this is a supplement that is supposed to be taken over a long period of time, this is not something that one takes and should expect to see or feel anything extreme.

Let me provide more of a context as to my coming to take this product. For about three months I stopped all work outs and pretty much let my diet go in order to focus solely on school. This for sure took a toll on me as I began to weight 235, where I am usually around 220. That being said, I wanted to go on a solid workout regime of sprints at the park as well as get back on my diet. I decided to reserve this item from the TROOP vault as I know L-Carnitine is a solid edition to a cutting stack. I worked out for about 4-5 days a week, in the blistering sun, either doing Insanity by Shaun T or sprints at a park near me. I ate pretty solidly, chicken and veggies with my weekends kinda being a free-for-all at times. I took this product on an empty stomach first thing in the morning along with half a scoop of Performax Labs "Stim-Max". As a result, within a month I was able to shed 5 solid pounds which I have managed to keep off. What follows is a breakdown of my experience and opinion with the supplement

1.5g L-Carnitine (500mg L-Carnitine + 500mg Acetyl-L-Carnitine + 500mg L-Carnitine L-Tartrate)
- L-Carnitine is naturally occurring in the body and supplementation can help the body metabolize fat and use it for energy. This product utilizes three different forms, each having their own level of bio-availability. At 1500 mgs, this is pretty well dosed as the recommended dose is between 500- 2,000 mgs. This is an interesting product as it has various forms of L-Carnitine; therefore, it may allow your body to more fully absorb the L-Carnitine due to the different processes by which the different forms of L-Carnitine are absorbed, as such this is a dynamic L-Carnitine product.

Green Tea Leaf Extract (50 mgs)
- This ingredient has been used in numerous weight-loss product as it has been shown to boost the metabolism

Gamma-Butyrobetaine Ethyl Ester Chloride (25 mgs)
- Gamma-Butyrobetaine is a precursor to Carnitine, which can help boost the body's carnitine production by up to 300%

Grains of Paradise (15 mgs)
- There is research that shows that this can enhance energy expenditure and can reduce body fat.

BioPerine (2.5 mgs)
- BioPerine is most commonly used in supplements the help the body absorb the other ingredients in the product.

I received the Patriot Pop flavor, which is supposed to taste like the bomb pops (lemon, cherry, and blue raspberry) that are now a pretty notorious flavor in supplements. I, personally, am a huge fan of Bomb pop flavors in supplements, which was most successfully done in Mesomorph. I did not like the way VMI did the bomb pop flavor in this product. I tried it every day first day in the morning for a month and I never really tasted the iconic bomb pop taste. I expected more from VMI as the K-XR flavor profiling is always on point but I couldn't really taste the flavor in here. Not that the flavor was completely bad, I just couldn't really understand why it was called Patriot Pop.

Just as any L-Carnitine supplement, if you're expecting this is to do anything specifically noticeable within one bottle then you should lower your expectations. These supplements are, in my opinion, comparable to CLA products in that they should be used regularly for months in order to keep body fat compositions on the lower end of the spectrum. To me, it did its job in a way. I used this in conjunction with a stim-based supplement (Stim-Max) which has its own varying degrees of thermogenic properies. To clarify, I was not dieting before I took this supplement and I was not exercising. I had a dramatic switch to doing nothing to doing everything, so I would not put the 5 pounds of weight loss on this product in itself. I did not feel any sensation or any specific feeling from this product but I'm sure, on the cellular level, it was getting some work down. As anyone who hasn't worked out in a few months and goes back to working out knows, it is hard to match the level of intensity day-in and day-out. With this product and with my diet regime, I was able to perform consistently; therefore, I would say that this product did its job.

I mean, I see this on the VMI website for $24.99 which is a ridiculously expensive price. However, I see the product listed on several other sites for $14.99 which is about the usual price for products of this nature. At the price of $15 this product is a great addition to a cutting stack for anyone who has the extra money to cover your bases.

Side Effects

There are none that I am aware of

Conclusion

Not a bad product. I would like to try the other flavors to see if they are any better because I know VMI is good with flavor profiling but this is isn't the one. Along with the other ingredients, this product is not bad. This product utilizes ingredients that really are not present in other comparable products but I believe it's just a novelty. The dosing of the other ingredients seem to tell me that they are just there to give the product more appeal but they really are not necessary.

Overall, I believe this is something of a "luxury" item and by that I mean that it is not something that I would use as a stable in my supplement stacks. Whenever I decide to cut some weight I usually start with a good thermogenic weight loss pill or powder and a multi-vitamin. This is the bare bones of a cutting stack, in my opinion. If you are fortunate to be able to afford other products to give you more of an edge and make sure your body is pushing your metabolism to the max, then I would suggest a product such as this. The great thing about these L-Carnitine liquids is that they are easy to take, they usually taste great, and they help ensure that your body is at the peak of its energy out-put, on a cellular level. Furthermore, this is a great form as most liquids are going to be easier for the body to absorb then its pill counterparts. I would recommend this to someone who is seeking that extra push or "oompf", if you will, or someone who is trying to build a complete cutting stack and has the money to spend.
  • Patriot Pop: 4/10

July 31, 2018

• Fat Reduction

This product will make you sweat in the gym and keep you feeling good throughout the day.

This is the first liquid carnitine product I've tried. I've enjoyed the ones that come in capsules in the past and when I saw this I figured I'd try it to see which gave me better results.

I like that they use a fully disclosed label

L-Carnitine 500mg
    Acetyl L-Carnitine 500mg
    L-Carnitine L-Tartrate 500mg
    Green Tea Leaf Extract 50mg
    Gamma Butyrobetaine ethyl ester Chloride 25mg
    Grains Of Paradise extract 15mg
    BioPerine 2.5mg
    All of these ingredients are supposed to help with the metabolism and bioperine helps with absorbing all of these ingredients. The grains of paradise and gbb help with the thermogenic feeling.

At first I thought this was underdosed and would not work that well. When I tried it I saw that these ingredients were working. Green tea leaf extract Is supposed to increase carnitine production in the body.

I received the gummy bear flavor. It tasted great. It tastes like liquid gummy bears with spice to it. I looked forward to drinking this everytime.

No mixability since this is already a liquid.

I would use 18 ml every morning after I wake up.

When I first took this I immediately noticed the thermogenic feel going throughout my body. It was a nice feel and not one that would make you burn badly. I got increased energy shortly after. When I went to the gym I noticed I was sweating faster than normal. I was not getting increased reps or doing heavier weights but this is also not a preworkout. When I did cardio I was able to go longer and sweat more. I also had more focus on everything I did whether it was in the gym or playing video games. I was not trying to lose fat while taking this but I noticed I looked leaner when I was finished with this product. My weight did not change much from this product. I thought this worked a lot better than the capsule carnitine i took previously which did not give me for us or make me sweat.

You can find this for $25 at vmisports.com which is $0.81 a serving. I would pay that price for this product considering how great It worked for me.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I would definitely recommend this to someone looking for a carnitine product or trying to lose weight. If you are looking for something to make you sweat and make you feel good throughout the day and do better on cardio I would recommend this product.
    • Sour Gummy Bear: 9/10

Overall
    Overall
    3.0
      July 22, 2018

• Some Ingredients Could Be Dosed Higher

Sure who does not want to drink a few ounces of a supplement and let the lbs or waist line shrink. But honestly I feel that maybe just something that is offered on those late night TV ads.

L-carnitine 500 mg
    Acetyl L- Tartrate 500 mg
    L-Carnitine L-Tartrate 500mg
    Green Tea Leaf Extract 50mg
    Gamma Butyrobetaine Ethyl Ester Chloride 25mg
    Paradoxine Grains of Paradise Extract 15mg
    bioperine 2.5mg

The one thing I really was interested in was the Grain of paradise. I have heard lots of great stuff about this. I think the profile was pretty good. I like green tea extract and feel it works well.

I had orange pineapple and the first few times I was like WTF is this?! Awful. I did put it in the fridge and it helped a lot. But it did have this strange, strong taste that is really hard to describe. But the flavor it is called is not what I would have named it.
    Dosing was odd. I feel it was to low a dose to really hit or have an effect.

Nothing. I am being honest. I never felt warm and fuzzy from it. I never had a energy rush. I never had hunger suppression. I really hate this did not do anything for me. I was hoping to have the sweating effect from the grains of paradise but I never got that either. I really do not have anything else to say about this.

I did find this for 14 bucks online but even at that I would still not go for it due to the fact of the effectiveness it had for me.

Side Effects

Nothing. I really mean it too.

Conclusion

I know some things work well with other's but this did nothing for me. VMI is a huge part of this site and community. By no means should this review be viewed as this product will not work for anyone, it just did not work for me.
    • Orange pineapple: 6/10

9.2
      July 21, 2018

• Some Ingredients Could Be Dosed Higher

About a month or two ago, I reviewed VMI Sports L-Carnitine 3000, now I was not overly impressed with that product. I felt like something was missing from the formula, 3000 mg of l-carnitine I felt just didn't cut it for me. I wanted different ingredients that I see in other non-stimulant fat burners. So, when I saw that they came out with L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT that now includes GBB, paradoxine, and bioperine I had to try it. Here is the review.

L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT is a product in liquid form and each bottle contains 31 servings. There is no measuring cap so you have to use a tbsp, which is one serving. The first ingredient is 500mg of l-carnitine, which can aid with energy and weight loss. Then, you have 500 mg of acetyl-l-carnitine, which can provide some focus. After that, you have 500 mg of l-carnitine l-tartrate, which can aid with weight loss and recovery. Following these you have 50 mg of green tea extract that is standardized to 50% EGCG. This can aid with weight loss and boost metabolism, although I am unsure of the dosage as it seems low. Next, you have Gamma-butyrobetaine (GBB) at a 25 mg dosage. This dosage is pretty good and usually you will see about 25-30 mg in other products containing this ingredient. The big benefit to this ingredient is that it can cause thermogenesis and a lot of sweating while exercising. Then you have 15 mg of paradoxine grains of paradise. The dosage on this is on the low side and you will usually see it at 30 mg or more. This ingredient can enhance energy and aid with fat loss. Lastly, you have 2.5 mg of bioperine for absorption.

Overall, I liked the ingredient profile but I do wish the dosage on paradoxine was increased to 30 mg and the GBB slightly higher. I understand why they are lower due someone taking two doses of this which would put a lot of the ingredients to where I would want them. I personally do not want to take 3000 mg of l-carnitine as that is what the dosage would be if I did two scoops.

L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT comes in three flavors, they are gummy bear heat, patriot pop heat, and orange pineapple heat. I received the patriot pop flavor. The product is in liquid form and when poured into a measuring cup it is orange in color. It smells like one of those push icicle deserts, the ones in the tube you probably ate when you were a kid. When you drink it you get this intense patriot pop flavor that is somewhat sour. When you swallow it it kind of burns almost like doing a fireball shot. If you have never done one of those it is kind of like taking NyQuil. Overall, I liked the taste and the burn of it I kind of liked. However, I could see someone not liking it so it would depend on the user.

Mixability does not apply since it is intended to be taken as a solo product. As far as dosing goes, they say to take one tbsp on an empty stomach before a meal or before exercise. I personally only ever took one serving at a time and it was either before a workout or before breakfast.

I have always felt that non-stimulant fat burners were hard to rate. A lot of times you do not really feel them so it is hard to tell if they are working. This product I definitely noticed working especially in regards to thermogenesis. I took this a few times on off days in the morning before breakfast and noticed that I would be on the verge of sweating without doing anything aerobic. It just really gave off that feeling of warmth, which I liked. Now, when I would take it before a gym or a run I would sweat quite a bit. A lot more than I usually do and at times was quite a lot, where I would be sweating before I even started working out (although it is Summer at the moment). I will also note when taking this before a workout I would be a little more focused, which I really enjoyed. My main issue in the gym is losing focus so that is what I look for in supplements I take around training.

In terms of weight loss, I do not have numbers as my weight fluctuates quite a bit depending on my water intake or creatine doses. However, I did notice a pronounced leaning effect with this product, which I was surprised about. I would say I dropped about a pant size if I had to guess. But remember, I combined this cardio, relatively good diet, and weight training. I do think this product definitely helped and I think my results would have been better over a continued use over several months.

This product retails on VMI Sports for $24.99 making it $.80 per serving. I have also seen it on Amazon for $19.99 making it $.64 per serving. This is competitively priced because there is not (at least one I could find) a liquid carnitine supplement that contains GBB, paradoxine, and bioperine. I definitely could see myself purchasing this but I wish this was slightly more available. I have seen it on Amazon but it is not always eligible for Prime or from an odd seller. You can get it direct but then you are paying shipping. Overall, I would recommend giving this a try.

EDIT: I will note that at the time of this writing it is $19.99 on Amazon with a 20% off coupon and I ended up buying a container.

Side Effects

I had no side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

Overall, L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT was an effective non stimulant weight loss product that had a great leaning effect. I definitely would recommend giving this a try but be realistic with your expectations. This is not going to make you shed pounds upon pounds of body fat but it could help you lose weight gradually with diet and exercise.

-Xcmiler
    • Patriot Pop: 8/10

Overall
    Overall
    3.0
    2.0
      July 19, 2018

Cons:

L-Carnitine helps your body use stored fat as energy, which should help with stamina and body composition. It is recommended that L-Carnitine is taken with carbs for optimal absorption and energy output. At the dosages in L-Carnitine 1500 Heat by VMI I do not believe the carnitine helped with my workouts or goals at all.

I purchased L-Carnitine 1500 Heat from Campus Protein at an introductory sale of 24.99 for two bottles. This was a pretty good deal for the product because it is now 24.99/bottle on all platforms.

L-Carnitine Heat contains 1500mg of Carnitine from 500mg each of L-Carnitine, Acetyl L-Carnitine, and L-Carnitine L-Tartrate. The heat portion of this product comes from 50mg Green Tea Leaf Extract, 25mg Gamma Butyrobetaine Ethyl Ester Chloride, 15mg Paradoxine Grains of Paradise Extract, and 2.5mg BioPerine for optimal absorption and usage of the ingredients.
      This heat section supplies 25mg of EGCG, most studies used around 300mg, this is a good ingredient but is poorly dosed.
      It also includes 1.875mg of 6-paradol which should help to create a sweating/burning feeling. This compound increases the activity of brown adipose tissue and increases calorie burning. The only study I could find showing effectiveness features 40mg of 6-paradol, which is far more than L-Carnitine Heat offers.
      -Butyrobetaine helps the uptake of L-carnitine and your body's production of L-carnitine, no complaints here, great ingredient.

Taste was fine, the grains of paradise and Bioperine add a spicy flavor but I did not mind it. The Patriot Pop was a bit better than the gummy bear.
      The daily recommended dose was 1 tablespoon, after two weeks without noticing the burn part of the product I moved up to 1.5 tablespoons. I took this product every day while in a caloric deficit until I ran out of two bottles.

I do not think this product was effective at all for me. I made progress towards my fat loss goals at the same exact pace with and without this product. Before I started using it I was losing roughly 1.5lb/week while maintaining strength and consuming ~250g protein a day to spare muscle. I had the same exact pace while on L-Carnitine Heat and after I stopped using the product. Even at the 1.5 tablespoon serving, I did not ever notice the "Heat" feeling that was advertised.

It is hard to rate the value because I do not believe the product is worth anything because it did not work for me. I would say if you really wanted to try an L-Carnitine product to save your money and buy one that is better dosed.

Side Effects

N/A

Conclusion

This product really did not work for me and I do not think I would buy it again or recommend it to anyone.
      • Sour Gummy Bear: 6/10

July 11, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Increased Metabolism
      • Makes A Good Sweat

A great carnitine supplement with added thermogenic benefits.

Hey SR, here today to review VMI's carnitine supplement L Carnitine 1500 HEAT. I've recently got into carnitine supplements the past year or so while cutting and think they do a great of adding some endurance, metabolism benefits, and enhancing other supplements you might be taking. Shortly before this I ran VMI's other carnitine supplement L Carnitine 3000 with great success, so I was eager to try this one as well and see any other benefits or differences.

To be honest, I was a little skeptical of this profile. At a still solid 1500 mg of carnitine, in which they deliver 500 mg of three different forms (L, ALCAR, and Tartate), it's half the dose of the Carnitine 3000 supplement I just finished so I was worried about a difference in effectiveness. Then we have the HEAT added extras of green tea, black pepper, GBEE, and grains of paradise. All of these ingredients have metabolism/thermogenic properties but the doses are pretty low, and I have had very mixed results with grains of paradise. Since it has been showing up more in fat burners, etc. I really haven't had a lot of success with it. That being said, I always have had success with VMI in the past and always willing to try new things.

Dosing is one tbsp a day, pretty simple. It's recommended to take this before exercise, and I also recommend that especially adding to your preworkout. I did this with the 3000 and it greatly improved teh quality of my preworkout and endurance. I did this with this product as well and it worked great. No mixability issues as it's a liquid and you either take straight up with a spoon or when you dump it into your preworkout it mixes great and adds a little flavor. The flavor I had was Patriot Pop, and when I took standalone it wasn't great, pretty tart and sour. It's a pretty small serving so not a big deal and if you dump it into something else it's perfectly fine.

Well, this was very surprising to me, but I enjoyed this even more than the 3000. When I took this with my preworkout, it provided the same endurance benefits and energy as the 3000. Definitely a preworkout enhancer. What really surprised me however was the thermogenic benefits. When I took this preworkout I noticed a significant change in body temp and sweated a lot more than usual. I did not experience this with the 3000 even though dosing and workouts were the same. Maybe it was the grans of paradise in liquid form and synergistic effect of the other ingredients, but I was very pleasantly surprised with this and it helped me shed a couple of extra pounds throughout the month than I expected. I was very pleased with performance of this product.

At $20 for 31 servings and the benefits I received, I see this as an extra but a great addition and nicely priced. I would buy again at this price for sure.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I was very pleasantly surprised by this product, it provided extra energy, metabolism, and thermogenic effects to my workouts.