L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT Reviews

By: VMI Sports

6.8

(Better than 18% in Stimulant Free)

L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT is a Stimulant Free Weight Loss Product manufactured by VMI Sports. It can increase metabolic rate and fat loss without the use/inclusion of traditional stimulants.

Weight Loss > Stimulant Free

July 31, 2018

• Fat Reduction

This product will make you sweat in the gym and keep you feeling good throughout the day.

This is the first liquid carnitine product I've tried. I've enjoyed the ones that come in capsules in the past and when I saw this I figured I'd try it to see which gave me better results.

I like that they use a fully disclosed label

L-Carnitine 500mg
    Acetyl L-Carnitine 500mg
    Gamma Butyrobetaine ethyl ester Chloride 25mg
    Grains Of Paradise extract 15mg
    BioPerine 2.5mg
    All of these ingredients are supposed to help with the metabolism and bioperine helps with absorbing all of these ingredients. The grains of paradise and gbb help with the thermogenic feeling.

At first I thought this was underdosed and would not work that well. When I tried it I saw that these ingredients were working. Green tea leaf extract Is supposed to increase carnitine production in the body.

I received the gummy bear flavor. It tasted great. It tastes like liquid gummy bears with spice to it. I looked forward to drinking this everytime.

No mixability since this is already a liquid.

I would use 18 ml every morning after I wake up.

When I first took this I immediately noticed the thermogenic feel going throughout my body. It was a nice feel and not one that would make you burn badly. I got increased energy shortly after. When I went to the gym I noticed I was sweating faster than normal. I was not getting increased reps or doing heavier weights but this is also not a preworkout. When I did cardio I was able to go longer and sweat more. I also had more focus on everything I did whether it was in the gym or playing video games. I was not trying to lose fat while taking this but I noticed I looked leaner when I was finished with this product. My weight did not change much from this product. I thought this worked a lot better than the capsule carnitine i took previously which did not give me for us or make me sweat.

You can find this for $25 at vmisports.com which is $0.81 a serving. I would pay that price for this product considering how great It worked for me.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I would definitely recommend this to someone looking for a carnitine product or trying to lose weight. If you are looking for something to make you sweat and make you feel good throughout the day and do better on cardio I would recommend this product.
    • Sour Gummy Bear: 9/10

Overall
    Overall
    3.0
      July 22, 2018

• Some Ingredients Could Be Dosed Higher

Sure who does not want to drink a few ounces of a supplement and let the lbs or waist line shrink. But honestly I feel that maybe just something that is offered on those late night TV ads.

L-carnitine 500 mg
    Acetyl L- Tartrate 500 mg
    Gamma Butyrobetaine Ethyl Ester Chloride 25mg
    Paradoxine Grains of Paradise Extract 15mg
    bioperine 2.5mg

The one thing I really was interested in was the Grain of paradise. I have heard lots of great stuff about this. I think the profile was pretty good. I like green tea extract and feel it works well.

I had orange pineapple and the first few times I was like WTF is this?! Awful. I did put it in the fridge and it helped a lot. But it did have this strange, strong taste that is really hard to describe. But the flavor it is called is not what I would have named it.
    Dosing was odd. I feel it was to low a dose to really hit or have an effect.

Nothing. I am being honest. I never felt warm and fuzzy from it. I never had a energy rush. I never had hunger suppression. I really hate this did not do anything for me. I was hoping to have the sweating effect from the grains of paradise but I never got that either. I really do not have anything else to say about this.

I did find this for 14 bucks online but even at that I would still not go for it due to the fact of the effectiveness it had for me.

Side Effects

Nothing. I really mean it too.

Conclusion

I know some things work well with other's but this did nothing for me. VMI is a huge part of this site and community. By no means should this review be viewed as this product will not work for anyone, it just did not work for me.
    • Orange pineapple: 6/10

9.2
      July 21, 2018

• Reduce Water Retention
    • Some Ingredients Could Be Dosed Higher

About a month or two ago, I reviewed VMI Sports L-Carnitine 3000, now I was not overly impressed with that product. I felt like something was missing from the formula, 3000 mg of l-carnitine I felt just didn't cut it for me. I wanted different ingredients that I see in other non-stimulant fat burners. So, when I saw that they came out with L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT that now includes GBB, paradoxine, and bioperine I had to try it. Here is the review.

L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT is a product in liquid form and each bottle contains 31 servings. There is no measuring cap so you have to use a tbsp, which is one serving. The first ingredient is 500mg of l-carnitine, which can aid with energy and weight loss. Then, you have 500 mg of acetyl-l-carnitine, which can provide some focus. After that, you have 500 mg of l-carnitine l-tartrate, which can aid with weight loss and recovery. Following these you have 50 mg of green tea extract that is standardized to 50% EGCG. This can aid with weight loss and boost metabolism, although I am unsure of the dosage as it seems low. Next, you have Gamma-butyrobetaine (GBB) at a 25 mg dosage. This dosage is pretty good and usually you will see about 25-30 mg in other products containing this ingredient. The big benefit to this ingredient is that it can cause thermogenesis and a lot of sweating while exercising. Then you have 15 mg of paradoxine grains of paradise. The dosage on this is on the low side and you will usually see it at 30 mg or more. This ingredient can enhance energy and aid with fat loss. Lastly, you have 2.5 mg of bioperine for absorption.

Overall, I liked the ingredient profile but I do wish the dosage on paradoxine was increased to 30 mg and the GBB slightly higher. I understand why they are lower due someone taking two doses of this which would put a lot of the ingredients to where I would want them. I personally do not want to take 3000 mg of l-carnitine as that is what the dosage would be if I did two scoops.

L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT comes in three flavors, they are gummy bear heat, patriot pop heat, and orange pineapple heat. I received the patriot pop flavor. The product is in liquid form and when poured into a measuring cup it is orange in color. It smells like one of those push icicle deserts, the ones in the tube you probably ate when you were a kid. When you drink it you get this intense patriot pop flavor that is somewhat sour. When you swallow it it kind of burns almost like doing a fireball shot. If you have never done one of those it is kind of like taking NyQuil. Overall, I liked the taste and the burn of it I kind of liked. However, I could see someone not liking it so it would depend on the user.

Mixability does not apply since it is intended to be taken as a solo product. As far as dosing goes, they say to take one tbsp on an empty stomach before a meal or before exercise. I personally only ever took one serving at a time and it was either before a workout or before breakfast.

I have always felt that non-stimulant fat burners were hard to rate. A lot of times you do not really feel them so it is hard to tell if they are working. This product I definitely noticed working especially in regards to thermogenesis. I took this a few times on off days in the morning before breakfast and noticed that I would be on the verge of sweating without doing anything aerobic. It just really gave off that feeling of warmth, which I liked. Now, when I would take it before a gym or a run I would sweat quite a bit. A lot more than I usually do and at times was quite a lot, where I would be sweating before I even started working out (although it is Summer at the moment). I will also note when taking this before a workout I would be a little more focused, which I really enjoyed. My main issue in the gym is losing focus so that is what I look for in supplements I take around training.

In terms of weight loss, I do not have numbers as my weight fluctuates quite a bit depending on my water intake or creatine doses. However, I did notice a pronounced leaning effect with this product, which I was surprised about. I would say I dropped about a pant size if I had to guess. But remember, I combined this cardio, relatively good diet, and weight training. I do think this product definitely helped and I think my results would have been better over a continued use over several months.

This product retails on VMI Sports for $24.99 making it $.80 per serving. I have also seen it on Amazon for $19.99 making it $.64 per serving. This is competitively priced because there is not (at least one I could find) a liquid carnitine supplement that contains GBB, paradoxine, and bioperine. I definitely could see myself purchasing this but I wish this was slightly more available. I have seen it on Amazon but it is not always eligible for Prime or from an odd seller. You can get it direct but then you are paying shipping. Overall, I would recommend giving this a try.

EDIT: I will note that at the time of this writing it is $19.99 on Amazon with a 20% off coupon and I ended up buying a container.

Side Effects

I had no side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

Overall, L-Carnitine 1500 HEAT was an effective non stimulant weight loss product that had a great leaning effect. I definitely would recommend giving this a try but be realistic with your expectations. This is not going to make you shed pounds upon pounds of body fat but it could help you lose weight gradually with diet and exercise.

-Xcmiler
    • Patriot Pop: 8/10

Overall
    Overall
    3.0
    2.0
      July 19, 2018

Cons:

L-Carnitine helps your body use stored fat as energy, which should help with stamina and body composition. It is recommended that L-Carnitine is taken with carbs for optimal absorption and energy output. At the dosages in L-Carnitine 1500 Heat by VMI I do not believe the carnitine helped with my workouts or goals at all.

I purchased L-Carnitine 1500 Heat from Campus Protein at an introductory sale of 24.99 for two bottles. This was a pretty good deal for the product because it is now 24.99/bottle on all platforms.

L-Carnitine Heat contains 1500mg of Carnitine from 500mg each of L-Carnitine, Acetyl L-Carnitine, and L-Carnitine L-Tartrate. The heat portion of this product comes from 50mg Green Tea Leaf Extract, 25mg Gamma Butyrobetaine Ethyl Ester Chloride, 15mg Paradoxine Grains of Paradise Extract, and 2.5mg BioPerine for optimal absorption and usage of the ingredients.
      This heat section supplies 25mg of EGCG, most studies used around 300mg, this is a good ingredient but is poorly dosed.
      It also includes 1.875mg of 6-paradol which should help to create a sweating/burning feeling. This compound increases the activity of brown adipose tissue and increases calorie burning. The only study I could find showing effectiveness features 40mg of 6-paradol, which is far more than L-Carnitine Heat offers.
      -Butyrobetaine helps the uptake of L-carnitine and your body's production of L-carnitine, no complaints here, great ingredient.

Taste was fine, the grains of paradise and Bioperine add a spicy flavor but I did not mind it. The Patriot Pop was a bit better than the gummy bear.
      The daily recommended dose was 1 tablespoon, after two weeks without noticing the burn part of the product I moved up to 1.5 tablespoons. I took this product every day while in a caloric deficit until I ran out of two bottles.

I do not think this product was effective at all for me. I made progress towards my fat loss goals at the same exact pace with and without this product. Before I started using it I was losing roughly 1.5lb/week while maintaining strength and consuming ~250g protein a day to spare muscle. I had the same exact pace while on L-Carnitine Heat and after I stopped using the product. Even at the 1.5 tablespoon serving, I did not ever notice the "Heat" feeling that was advertised.

It is hard to rate the value because I do not believe the product is worth anything because it did not work for me. I would say if you really wanted to try an L-Carnitine product to save your money and buy one that is better dosed.

Side Effects

N/A

Conclusion

This product really did not work for me and I do not think I would buy it again or recommend it to anyone.
      • Patriot Pop: 7/10
      • Sour Gummy Bear: 6/10

July 11, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Increased Metabolism
      • Makes A Good Sweat

A great carnitine supplement with added thermogenic benefits.

Hey SR, here today to review VMI's carnitine supplement L Carnitine 1500 HEAT. I've recently got into carnitine supplements the past year or so while cutting and think they do a great of adding some endurance, metabolism benefits, and enhancing other supplements you might be taking. Shortly before this I ran VMI's other carnitine supplement L Carnitine 3000 with great success, so I was eager to try this one as well and see any other benefits or differences.

To be honest, I was a little skeptical of this profile. At a still solid 1500 mg of carnitine, in which they deliver 500 mg of three different forms (L, ALCAR, and Tartate), it's half the dose of the Carnitine 3000 supplement I just finished so I was worried about a difference in effectiveness. Then we have the HEAT added extras of green tea, black pepper, GBEE, and grains of paradise. All of these ingredients have metabolism/thermogenic properties but the doses are pretty low, and I have had very mixed results with grains of paradise. Since it has been showing up more in fat burners, etc. I really haven't had a lot of success with it. That being said, I always have had success with VMI in the past and always willing to try new things.

Dosing is one tbsp a day, pretty simple. It's recommended to take this before exercise, and I also recommend that especially adding to your preworkout. I did this with the 3000 and it greatly improved teh quality of my preworkout and endurance. I did this with this product as well and it worked great. No mixability issues as it's a liquid and you either take straight up with a spoon or when you dump it into your preworkout it mixes great and adds a little flavor. The flavor I had was Patriot Pop, and when I took standalone it wasn't great, pretty tart and sour. It's a pretty small serving so not a big deal and if you dump it into something else it's perfectly fine.

Well, this was very surprising to me, but I enjoyed this even more than the 3000. When I took this with my preworkout, it provided the same endurance benefits and energy as the 3000. Definitely a preworkout enhancer. What really surprised me however was the thermogenic benefits. When I took this preworkout I noticed a significant change in body temp and sweated a lot more than usual. I did not experience this with the 3000 even though dosing and workouts were the same. Maybe it was the grans of paradise in liquid form and synergistic effect of the other ingredients, but I was very pleasantly surprised with this and it helped me shed a couple of extra pounds throughout the month than I expected. I was very pleased with performance of this product.

At $20 for 31 servings and the benefits I received, I see this as an extra but a great addition and nicely priced. I would buy again at this price for sure.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I was very pleasantly surprised by this product, it provided extra energy, metabolism, and thermogenic effects to my workouts.

Overall
        Overall
        8.9
          June 24, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Fat Reduction
        • Increased Metabolism
        • Raise Body Heat
        • Makes A Good Sweat
        • Open Label
        • Increased Focus
        • Reduce Water Retention

L-Carnitine heat delivers when it comes to generating a sweat. This fills in all the gaps for me that I was missing with their other Carnitine product. Heat does a great job of delivering the right amount of grains of paradise as well as 3 different types of carnitine.

Back at it again with another winning product from VMI Sports. Big thanks to these guys for participating in the Trooper program and for letting me try L-Carnitine 1500 heat. This will make the third ever liquid carnitine product that I have used, and with one other being VMI's L-Carnitine 3000. I am always looking for something that I can get my hands on that will help burn some fat and increase my energy. Additionally, I love it when a product can help me generate a sweat easier, because from a psychological standpoint if I am sweating I must be working hard, and that encourages me to work even harder.

VMI keeps it simple and to the point with a fully disclosed label:
          L-Carnitine 500mg
          Acetyl L-Carnitine 500mg
          Gamma Butyrobetaine ethyl ester Chloride 25mg
          Grains Of Paradise extract 15mg
          BioPerine 2.5mg

All of this is delivered via a 15ml dose that you can take up to twice a day. Personally, I am a fan of GBB because of its ability to enhance the effects of carnitine in the system. I also love grains of paradise due to the internal heat feeling that they can generate plus its ability to boost energy output without having to use stimulants. Both have been proven to be effective fat burners on their own, and even better when brought together in the same product. Again VMI also uses three different kinds of Carnitine in this like they did in their other product, which is fine with me because it allows a multi-angle strategy to burn fat in the body rather than just dosing with one version and hope that it works on every body type.

I requested and received their Patriot Pop heat flavor due to me using the same flavor for the L-Carnitine 3000. Again, just like the other product, the flavor did not disappoint. both times, I could taste a hint of pear, but they both tasted just like the Bombsicles we grew up with, the only real difference was the Heat version had a little spice going down, due to the Grains of Paradise which was to be expected.

Mixability really was not a big deal since this is a liquid product from the get-go. With that being said VMI still says to give it a shake before every serving, which will only ensure that all ingredients are mixed and good to go in case of any settling. One thing I did notice with this was the color of the liquid. The 3000 version, for the most part, was clear, and this one seemed to take on the appearance of rusty water. It's by no means a deal breaker, I just found it interesting that the additional ingredients changed the color.

Dosing was 15ml on an empty stomach first thing in the morning before my workout. I found that my sweet spot was a 17ml dose once a day.

So get ready to feel hot and sweat. This stuff works in the realm of increasing your internal temperature and making you sweat. Normally during my workouts, I can get through my first movement without having to ditch layers of clothing, but while taking this, I could barely make it through the warm-ups without feeling like I was a sweaty mess. Don't get me wrong, I love that feeling and most of the time I would push on with my hoody on just so I would sweat even more. One thing I notice while taking their 3000 version was the increased mental focus that I had, and once again this VMI product delivered as well.

So now here I am a sweaty focused gym rat, and I am loving life. In regards to fat loss, while it was not truly noticeable on the scale, visually I can tell that my water was leaving and the subcutaneous fat was being reduced as well. Overall I was very happy with the effects of this product and this is my number one choice for a product in its category.

You can find this on campusprotein.com for $20 for 31 servings which gives you a cost of $.65 per serving. I don't know about you, but to me for the effects that I got with this, I will gladly pay that price. Additionally, based on the selection on campus protein's site, it looks like VMI is dropping a lot of new flavors for this soon.

Side Effects

So the only real side effects that a user will fight is sweating, but then again that is part of why you are taking this.

Conclusion

Once again, I ask VMI to deliver, and once again they make good on that challenge. These guys are killing it right now, and I do not see them stopping anytime soon. I was very impressed with this product. After using the L-Carnitine3000 I was left feeling a little disappointed because I missed the heat of grains of paradise and the big sweat that it brings on, and literally after I posted that review, they drop the heat version. It's like they read my mind, which really shows that they are in tune with their consumers and are trying to delivery products for every type out there. I highly recommend that you give this liquid carnitine a try because you will not be disappointed.
          • Patriot Pop: 10/10