KETOGENIC BHB SALTS - EXOGENOUS KETONES Reviews

By: VMI Sports®

Overall
Overall
Thanks to VMI Sports® for sending it out!
  February 1, 2019

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Hydration
  • Reduced Cravings

VMI Sports keeps impressing me. Thank you so much for not refusing to send product during difficult period of SR!

I've been on Keto diet for approximately 16 months (with cheating and rest between every two or three months of course!) and managed to easily coordinate it's grocery list with my lifestyle. As most of men in their 20s I prefer meat and fat over vegetables, thus I consume very little amount of carbs, mostly at breakfast and I use vegetables as a side dish for meat. I've tried only one BHB salt powder earlier, thus decided to request KETO BHB EXOGENOUS KETONES to compare.

Ingredient label of this powder is huge, compared to other products I've tried, so I'll mention only most relevant ones. As it's front cover says 6 grams of BHB are avaialble, which consist of equal 2.4-2.4 grams from Calcium, Sodium and Magnesium beta-hydroxybutyrates. 300 grams of L-Tyrosine amino acid is also available, which represents 4-hydroxyphenylalanine, being responsible to synthesize proteins, increase brain, mood, and stress response.
TRAACS (The Real Amino Acid Chelate System) Electrolytes & Minerals are also available from Albion, for improving hydration and recovery.

I got pink lemonade flavor and taste was basically OK, but as any other supplements I found it a bit sweet for me. Mixability was also OK, made a little foam, but I drank it with more than 0.5 liters of water and "cleaned" whole glass without big effort.
Even though it's recommended to take daily, because of it's value I used one scoop three times per week before workout.

For person with sedentary job, it's very difficult to live without carbs and even more difficult to exercise at night after work. Whenever I managed to get into ketosis, I felt very energized, focused and positive mood throughout the day and worked out late night without any pre-workout! During Ketosis I got minimal amount of carbs, even at breakfast I used to completely eliminate vegetables and only consumed two boiled eggs or cheese for example, during day I ate meat and fat or dairy products. Such ketosis state always used to go on successfully for 2-3 weeks, kept me energized for certain period of time and no cravings appeared, but recently I reduced body fat percentage to 10-11% and keto diet became more and more difficult... In addition to this, cravings became stronger and couldn't control them, whole day I dreamed for chocolate.
Unfortunately I don't have device, which can measure exact proportion of ketones and other things in blood (if any of you can recommend one for affordable price I would definitely buy!), so I can tell what effect it had on me after Keeping Keto diet for a very long time. First of all, it helped me with hydration, I always drink at least 3 liters of water per day, especially after workout I can drink more than one liter immediately and with this salt I had absolutely no desire for water. I felt significant increase in energy and mood, as earlier, first 15 minutes were always difficult and then energy levels used to increase continuously and worked out until muscles were dead. On the next I day, I usually had better mood, but can't tell you whether it was from ketones or from good workout... Also I can't say anything bout weight reduction, since I continued using Whey Protein and BCAA's alongside and weight was a little different all the time, So one thing I know for sure it did help me to go on without carbs!
I must say I drank it 5 times before experiencing any benefits, so it seems your body needs a little time to absorb and don't expect immediate results.

Now it's time for huge disadvantage... This salt has only 20 servings and on VMI Sports shop it costs $ 45.99 ( $2.3 per serving), too much for everyday use. The cheaper option is to buy it from ebay.com, where some guys sell it for $29.95 ( $1.5 per serving)! I have no idea why, I guess in local markets it costs much cheaper and promotion are available as well. Other relevant option is fitnessmaniasupps.com with $39.99 ( nearly $2 per serving).

Side Effects

None of them

Conclusion

Again and again huge thanks to VMI Sports for sending products during this period. If you follow Keto diet without craving and find it harder after losing significant amount of body fat to get into Ketosis, this BHB Powder will definitely help you. Just as any other product, this is addition to help your body function sufficiently, thus if you don't follow keto diet and have never been in ketosis, I definitely wouldn't recommend to pay so much.
  • Pink Lemonade: 8/10