KETOGENIC BHB SALTS - EXOGENOUS KETONES Reviews

By: VMI Sports

Overall
Overall
Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
  December 24, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Hydration

A non stimulant energy source.

Thank you to the company of VMI. I enjoy stimulant free pre-workout, and I am always trying to find healthy supplement for energy. So many energy boosters contain a lot of caffeine and other energy boosters that may hurt more than they help. What I mean is that some can increase energy with bad ingredients, some break ketosis, and others stop intermittent fasting. All these are things I look for in my energy source. This is a product that claimed to help with these things and was worth the shot.

The ingredients are stimulant free and has a lot of ingredients but I want to focus in specifically 6g of BHB salts. BHB salts, or mineral salts with beta-hydroxybutyrate, are used for energy and fat burning. Beta hydroxybutyrate is a 3 ketone body and is to burn fat instead of glucose. The key to BHB being effective relies on a low and less amount of blood sugar and insulin. The ketone production is from fatty acids in the liver. BHB is becoming an used ingredient in supplements for weight loss. The other good ingredients are minerals for hydration and 300 mg of Tyrosine which is for focus. The ingredients are good and I give it a good rating.

I got Star Berry Savers flavor which was nice so no issues here. I mixed it with 8 oz of water and the product broke down well. The dosing was one scoop on an empty stomach prior to workout or use prior to meal. I used this prior to workouts in place of a pre-workout. The 6 grams per serving was fine. Overall, this is a comfortable rating.

According to VMI, the BHB is as a stimulant-free hydration and performance aid, to help boost energy, focus & fat burning. What I found difficult with this was not on the label and the tub gave no information on what this supplement is to be used. I figured it was a pre-workout since it said to use prior to a workout. I also thought it was specifically for ketosis. The thing was, I had no idea. The BHB should be labelled better and explain why you should use this. The only information I was able to receive was when I went on-line to research it. It was there I found the information mentioned above (which I copied and paste). Another thing that was mentioned on-line was to use it with a pre-workout, but I never did, so I can not rate is BHB being used with a pre-workout. BHB was only able to produce hydration for me. I was always hydrated and left my workout feeling great, which came from the salt portion of the supplement. Where it did fail for me was energy, focus, and fat burning. I can safely say that prior to workout or following workout, I did not have a boost in energy or focus. I expected this to be a pre-workout product but it was not. As far as fat burning, I had no weight loss. The critical part to this is to stay in ketosis but how much weight loss is due to the actual diet versus the product. Overall, this was not what expected, so I give it a low rating.

The BHB was available on the company website and Amazon for $45. The tub has 20 servings which is $2.25 per serving. The BHB is expensive for me and not my normal price. I give this a low ranking due to the higher cost and not having a lot of effectiveness.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is the lowest review I have had on VMI. This was just a product that failed to produce. The ingredients, taste, mixability, and dosing were fine. The effectiveness was low on everything other than hydration which makes the value really low. There were no side effects. Overall, this is a low rating and a product I would not use again.
  • Star Berry: 9/10

• dmf8625
    4 weeks ago

Do you follow a keto lifestyle? This product is designed for people who are already in ketosis or are close and need a little help to push them over the threshold.

If you do not follow a keto lifestyle, then this product was not designed for you since your body is still running off of glucose.

• Zsteinf
    4 weeks ago

I have been doing ketosis and intermittent fasting but this product was still not helpful

• dmf8625
    4 weeks ago - Last Edited: 2018-12-24 20:47:43

Ok, thank you. What macro breakdown do you follow for keto? And do you test for ketone levels or just assume your body is in ketosis because of your food choices?