KETOGENIC BHB SALTS - EXOGENOUS KETONES Reviews

By: VMI Sports

KETOGENIC BHB SALTS - EXOGENOUS KETONES is an Alternative Weight Loss Product manufactured by VMI Sports. It can help assist in the loss of body fat, working in different pathways that traditional thermogenics.
6.6

Overall
Overall
5.9
  January 18, 2019

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Hydration

Keto aided products seem to be all the rage now. Haven't tried the bhb or any product of the like so decided to give this a shot.

I have been following Keto type diets for quite some time now, since way before they were the "in" thing to do. Seems to be the best way for me personally to cut weight in the past. So seeing products that could aid this seemed like a great thing....

6g of bhb which purpose is to help the body burn fat instead of other energy sources while in Keto. TRAACS minerals for helping keep the body hydrated, which is great for me because I can't speak for others but I seem to stay less hydrated while on these types of diets. And lastly tyrosine to help with focus another big issue for me while on this type of diet.

I received the red starblast flavor which I'm assuming was meant to emulate a red starburst. The flavor to me was great, really enjoyed it every time. Mixing was never an issue either, taken before a workout.

Unfortunately the pros for this product end shortly after the great flavor, I did feel like this helped tremendously with hydration but for the price this should be more than that. The usual cramps were gone during my workouts and after and I felt overall hydrated. Weight loss, focus, and energy help were for the most part were almost non existent. I lost weight at about the same consistency as I would have without this and there was no overall better feeling of self either.

Around $45 for a 20 serving tub of anything is pretty high to me, but for something that just helped with hydration is undoable

Side Effects

Conclusion

Thanks to Vmi for sending this out, I've tried several of their products and usually they are pretty solid but this was kind of a let down
  • Star Berry: 9/10

December 24, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Hydration

A non stimulant energy source.

Thank you to the company of VMI. I enjoy stimulant free pre-workout, and I am always trying to find healthy supplement for energy. So many energy boosters contain a lot of caffeine and other energy boosters that may hurt more than they help. What I mean is that some can increase energy with bad ingredients, some break ketosis, and others stop intermittent fasting. All these are things I look for in my energy source. This is a product that claimed to help with these things and was worth the shot.

The ingredients are stimulant free and has a lot of ingredients but I want to focus in specifically 6g of BHB salts. BHB salts, or mineral salts with beta-hydroxybutyrate, are used for energy and fat burning. Beta hydroxybutyrate is a 3 ketone body and is to burn fat instead of glucose. The key to BHB being effective relies on a low and less amount of blood sugar and insulin. The ketone production is from fatty acids in the liver. BHB is becoming an used ingredient in supplements for weight loss. The other good ingredients are minerals for hydration and 300 mg of Tyrosine which is for focus. The ingredients are good and I give it a good rating.

I got Star Berry Savers flavor which was nice so no issues here. I mixed it with 8 oz of water and the product broke down well. The dosing was one scoop on an empty stomach prior to workout or use prior to meal. I used this prior to workouts in place of a pre-workout. The 6 grams per serving was fine. Overall, this is a comfortable rating.

According to VMI, the BHB is as a stimulant-free hydration and performance aid, to help boost energy, focus & fat burning. What I found difficult with this was not on the label and the tub gave no information on what this supplement is to be used. I figured it was a pre-workout since it said to use prior to a workout. I also thought it was specifically for ketosis. The thing was, I had no idea. The BHB should be labelled better and explain why you should use this. The only information I was able to receive was when I went on-line to research it. It was there I found the information mentioned above (which I copied and paste). Another thing that was mentioned on-line was to use it with a pre-workout, but I never did, so I can not rate is BHB being used with a pre-workout. BHB was only able to produce hydration for me. I was always hydrated and left my workout feeling great, which came from the salt portion of the supplement. Where it did fail for me was energy, focus, and fat burning. I can safely say that prior to workout or following workout, I did not have a boost in energy or focus. I expected this to be a pre-workout product but it was not. As far as fat burning, I had no weight loss. The critical part to this is to stay in ketosis but how much weight loss is due to the actual diet versus the product. Overall, this was not what expected, so I give it a low rating.

The BHB was available on the company website and Amazon for $45. The tub has 20 servings which is $2.25 per serving. The BHB is expensive for me and not my normal price. I give this a low ranking due to the higher cost and not having a lot of effectiveness.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is the lowest review I have had on VMI. This was just a product that failed to produce. The ingredients, taste, mixability, and dosing were fine. The effectiveness was low on everything other than hydration which makes the value really low. There were no side effects. Overall, this is a low rating and a product I would not use again.
  • Star Berry: 9/10

6.2
  December 17, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduced Cravings
  • Better Mood
  • Hydration

Ketone salts, nootropics, and electrolytes to make keto cutting easier.

Hey SR, as many of you know, I have been doing Carb Nite dieting for awhile now. I have seen more and more of these ketone products pop up and they are pretty interesting. The whole idea is that these will help you get into ketosis quicker so your body will burn more fat, and take a lot of the "keto flu" symptoms away that include lethargy, headaches, cravings, etc. Not a lot of hard science yet, and tracking ketosis also takes money whether it's bloodwork, urine sticks etc. I've been doing it for so long though, I think I can be a good judge as far as if this helped and improved my keto diet, or if it was just a sham. Here's how it worked for me.

As always, VMI delivers a nice profile and is fully disclosed. This provides a little over 6g of BHB salts (the main ingredient to help you get into ketosis in theory), some TRAACS minerals for hydration support, and 300 mg of Tyrosine for focus. I really think the hydration elements and focus support are nice extras for this product, and behing that the salts are new for me I like this profile quite a bit.

Mixability was was good but a little foamy. Dosing is anytime, preferably preworkout, on an empty stomach. As an experienced keto dieter though, I played with the dosage some. I did not take this everyday as I thought this would be a waste. I follow the Carb Nite protocol where basically you go super low carb for 10-14 days, usually under 20 g, and then you have a cheat night to reset your hormones, etc. This has been incredibly successful for me and love it, but I know it takes at least 2 days to get back into ketosis. Knowing this, I always waited at least a day and a half before I used this as I don't think it would have much effect the day after a cheat meal and you still had to "get rid" of all these carbs. Plus, since this is supposed to help with the side ffects of keto dieting I wanted to wait till a couple days after cheating when those cravings become real again.

So did this work? First of all, no I didn't get blood work or urine sticks. YEs, I know this makes it a scientifically invalid review, but so what most of us aren't going to do that anyways. I've been keto dieting for years and here's what I can tell you. This helped me in a lot of ways. The hydration and focus really helped on a lot of days especially in the afternoons. I do feel that this helped me get into keto faster, but not necessarily in a deeper state of ketosis. I saw a little increase in weight loss, but not a ton. Overall, this helped me with the cravings, focus, and energy even though there are no stims. This helped quite a deal in helping me stick to my diet longer. Perhaps this would work better if I did 20 straight days without cheating, and would be worth a shot in running it that way.

This is one of the biggest set backs, as the cheapest I found this is $40 for 20 servings. At this price point, it would purely be a luxury item.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This really helped with keto side effects and cravings and helped me stay on track, but too expensive to be a staple in my arsenal.