Cycle Guard has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Growth Enhancers > Cycle Support

Cycle Guard Reviews

By: VMI Sports®

Cycle Guard is a Cycle Support Product manufactured by VMI Sports®. It is meant to be taken when using synthetic hormone products to help protect the body's internal organs, decrease blood pressure and prevent excess water retention along side helping with overall health.

Cycle Guard has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Growth Enhancers > Cycle Support

Overall
Overall
6.2
5.3
  October 21, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Prop Blends
  • Felt Healthy While On
  • Liver Protection
  • Needs A Few Extras
  • Core Ingredients Under Dosed

This is better off used as a liver support and not for your all organs or as a pro hormone cycle

I would like to thank vmi for giving me the opportunity to try this product. I was not using any pro hormones while on this. It my first organ support that I took and i wanted to see what to expect from these type of products.

Milk Thistle Extract 225mg- Studies suggest that this ingredient exerts the following properties: antioxidant activity, toxin blockade at the membrane level, enhanced protein synthesis, antifibriotic activity, and possible anti-inflammatory or immunomodulating effects on the liver.

NAC 200mg- (N-acetyl-cysteine) NAC is a precursor to the amino acid cysteine,this also acts as a general antioxidant, cleaning the liver of any toxins.

Kudzu Root Extract 200mg- Has been used in Chinese Medicine to treat alcohol intoxication for centuries, preventing the liver from synthesizing the alcohol.

Turmeric Extract 100mg- Turmeric extracts can scavenge free radicals, increase antioxidant enzymes, and inhibit lipid peroxidation.

Artichoke Leaf Extract 100mg- Supports healthy liver function and bile production.

Milk Thistle Extract 75mg- Supports healthy liver function and bile production.

I think it needs twice of what it has or maybe more. Most of these ingredients are for the liver but it has a few for other parts of the body. They could add more ingredients for your organs for people on cycle.

These are capsule so no taste or mixability.

I would take two capsules in the morning with my breakfast.

Since I wasnt running a pro hormone cycle its gonna be a little harder to say how effective this was. I did feel healthy overall while on this and did not get any acne while taking an estrogen blocker like I usually do. I was feeling healthy prior to this though so I'm not sure if this really helped much with that. This was good for a maintenance product for my organs. It would be hard to see how good the effectiveness was since I did not get myself tested at a lab to see.

You can find this at allstarhealth.com for $16 which is $0.27 each capsule or $0.54 each serving. The price is great and I would try it again for that price it it had a higher dosage it these ingredients.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Although I normally do think vmi has great products i would not recommend this to people looking for a great cycle support. If your on a budget and need something for cheap and are not on a cycle I would recommend this to you. If you are on cycle or looking for something with recommended dosage then I would not recommend this.

April 21, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Prop Blends
  • Needs A Few Extras
  • Core Ingredients Under Dosed
Special thanks going out to the folks over at VMI for the hookup to the TROOPs. It's no secret that prohormones aren't what they used to be in the good old days, but that doesn't mean that support supplements should be watered down too.

Dosage

2 pills first thing in the morning, used alongside my Mass 550 run.

Ingredient Profile (6/10)

Like a good liver support/PH support supplement the formula starts off with milk thistle extract, two kinds in fact for a total of 300mg per serving which is a decent dosage on the lower side of the spectrum. Some other highlights include 200mg NAC or N-Acetyl-L-Cyteine and Kudzu Root, two other liver detox compounds. My readings on NAC lends to suggest a dose of 500mg of this is preferred, so it is possible this product could be underdosed in that regard. Next is 100mg of Tumeric, a anti inflammatory and prostate support herb. It also does appear that this is an underdosed amount as 400mg to 600mg per day is a preferred range for Tumeric. So all the vital ingredients in this product seem to fall a little short of what an effective dose would be. The good news of it is at least the amounts are fully disclosed on the label and not hidden in a blend.

Effectiveness (6/10)

It's hard for me to gauge the true effectiveness of this product for support as I wasn't using a "true PH" and more of a strong natural anabolic, however in terms of general heath I felt pretty good while on this product and did not suffer any side effects or outbreaks of acne which can occur when using test boosters or anabolics. I would say that if one were running a true PH though you would want a product that was a little higher in it's dosages of milk thistle and tumeric, but for a general health product this product would be sufficient as a "maintenance tool" for liver support.

Value (7/10)

The best value I found was at allstarhealth for $15.99 for a 30 serving bottle, or roughly 53 cents per serving. A decent deal for a liver support supplement, but since some of the ingredients are underdosed it drives down the value just a bit in my eyes.

Conclusion and Verdict

VMI Cycle Guard is a inexpensive liver support supplement that is moderately dosed at best, to underdosed across the board at worst. While it could serve as a good liver maintenance supplement, I wouldn't say it's effective to use if you're going to run a PH, even the lighter ones of modern times. I do love a lot of VMI's products, but this one fell flat to me. Regrettably I give this a thumbs down

March 8, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Felt Healthy While On
  • Liver Protection
  • Better Digestion
  • Needs A Few Extras
  • Core Ingredients Under Dosed

Another thank you to the people at VMI. This is one of many products that I've tried with them and have yet to find something that I didn't think was successful. We all need a chance to detox or aid the body. This product is specifically used for the liver and the organs.

The cycle guard has several ingredients for the liver and organ. Milk thistle 225 mg, Acetyl Cysteine 200 mg, Kudzu root 200 mg, Turmeric 100 mg, artichoke leaf 100 mg, and another milk thistle 75 mg. Milk thistle is a herb (not cow milk) found in many supplements. Milk thistle has many benefits such as treating cholesterol and diabetes but is mostly known for liver relief. Acetyl Cysteine can help with asthma when used as an inhaler and treat skin problems when used as a topical. The main purpose here is in pill form to protect the liver when taking things like pain relieves such as Tylenol. Kuduz root is found in peas in Asia and has lots of benefits. Kuduz helps with headache pain, stomach pain, dizziness, fever and is also used to help with hangovers. Turmeric's health benefits range from inflammation, arthritis, and antioxidants. Artichoke leaf (which I use for food but the leaf should not be eaten) can also be used for hangovers but its purpose here is for the bile to flow out of the liver. All these natural ingredients are good for the liver and organs. I give this a good rating.

Taste does not apply here. The mixability was to take 2 capsules once a day with a meal. The dosing shows that it takes 4 to 8 weeks for this product to be effective. I give this a high-ranking cause it was something that was easy to take in the morning with my meal.

The product claims to support the liver and organs, detox and cleanse, and antioxidants protection. Other than blood work, it's hard to tell if your liver and organs are increasing in function. There are some signs to help let you know if liver products are working. You could see an increase in headaches, tired, you may fell sick, urination, and stool. For me, I did not notice these things happening. What I could sense was the antioxidants, inflammation relief and going pee a lot. The product claims that it can take 4-8 weeks before you start to see the liver and organ support start to work. I was only able to get this for a 30-day supple so more changes may have happened along the way but this was nothing I noticed. I did feel that this was starting to work but only time can tell. The ingredients are natural and have shown to have many benefits but nothing I can say was surely happening. I am going to give this a middle ranking.

I was able to find this as low as $20 but as high as $25. A 30-day supple for $20 is $.67 per day. I give this a good ranking because if you are looking to detox and protect your organs, this product should do it. I give the good ranking.

Side Effects

None noticed

Conclusion

This was a good product. Like I said earlier, it can be hard to tell if a product like this is really working. Based on the ingredients and the research that is out there to support it, the VMI cycle guard should be doing what it claims to do. I did find the pills easy to take and worked out well when taking it in the morning with my meal and vitamins. The Cycle Guard appeared to be working, so I would say it was effective. The cost was no problem. All in all, not a bad product.

6.1
  February 9, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Prop Blends
  • Liver Protection
  • Better Digestion
  • Needs A Few Extras

Hello family! I'm reviewing another supplement that I took right before my back surgery. VMI Sports' Cycle Guard. Although I was taking a fairly mild prohormone (Olympus Labs SUP3R-1 Elite), I wanted to see what positive counter effects, if any, Cycle Guard gave me.

Pretty much all of the ingredients listed are aimed at providing liver support. Here's how they're broken down:

Milk Thistle Extract 75mg- Supports healthy liver function and bile production.

These were capsules, and had no taste to them.

I took 2 capsules once a day with breakfast. It is important to take each serving around the same time each day. Each bottle contains 30 servings, good for 30 days.

Here's where things get tricky.Products like this are truly hard to gauge when doing a mild PH. However, I did notice a better sense of well-being, and I had no heartburn, digestive issues or stomach discomfort, or any type of suppression.

All Star Health is selling Cycle Guard for 15.99, which I think is a pretty good value.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Cycle Guard is best used as a supplement for those on mild PH cycles; I truly believe that those using the older, more powerful PHs would be disappointed.
It's a decent product if you're running a very mild prohormone cycle, and offers good liver support. However, that's about it. If you're planning to run something a more harsh on the liver, you might want to consider another alternative Guard supplement.

3.0
  June 7, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
    • Core Ingredients Under Dosed

My days of prohormone usage is behind me, but when a few bottles of Cycle Guard went unclaimed I figured I'd give it a run and see how it performed as a general health supplement.

The profile is fairly basic with most ingredients being touted, obviously, as natural liver protectors and detoxifiers. The core here is Milk Thistle Extract, which in my opinion is under-dosed. According to most articles I've read, the standard dose of milk thistle is 200mg, two to three times daily. Same for the Kudzu Root Extract, which is commonly used to treat alcohol consumption. The studies I found dosed this ingredient at 2g daily, with an active isoflavone content of 520mg. Finally the NAC is also very light at only 200mg per dose - the recommended dosing varies depending on the condition, but most other support products dose NAC at 500mg per dose. This is a significant problem in my opinion. Unless you're running something else, you're not getting the recommended daily values of the core organ protecting ingredients.

Easy to dose pills that have no odor. I dosed two daily, usually with a meal.

This isn't exactly a product where effectiveness can be easily gauged. I wasn't running an aggressive synthetic compound, and the liver is a resilient organ that doesn't show signs of everyday wear and tear or "overuse" at least not without extensive bloodwork. I personally didn't notice any changes or effects I could directly attribute to this product that weren't psychological. I did feel good about taking Cycle Guard and that I was giving my liver some extra support, but I can't prove that was actually the case.

At $16 for a 30 day supply, Cycle Guard is affordable and on par with similar products. Some of the more comprehensive and robust cycle support supplements are significantly more expensive which makes sense. The problem here goes back to the dosages. I can go buy 50 caps of straight milk thistle for $6 and dose it at 600mg daily for a month. I can dose a month of NAC at 500mg for $4. Basically, I can go buy most of the ingredients of Cycle Guard and dose them at much higher amounts for only a few more dollars.

Side Effects

No issues.

Conclusion

As a standalone cycle support product, I would not recommend Cycle Guard. Unless there's some rationale or reasoning as to why the primary ingredients are dosed low i.e. they are laboratory-generated hyper-compounds that don't need as much to be effective or whatever. Personally if I was running a harsh PH, I'd want a much more robust support product. And if you're just looking to support general organ health, go the route I outlined above. Buy straight milk thistle and NAC and dose it strongly. All in all, while I like the profile of VMI's product, it needs some significant adjustment before I'd recommend it.

To clarify, I rated this a five overall as it's not a BAD product, it's just not strong enough to be fully effective.

May 29, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Felt Healthy While On
    • No Prop Blends
    • Liver Protection
    • Needs A Few Extras

Alright SR, back at it again today to deliver my review for VMI's Health supplement called Cycle Guard. This product is aimed as on cycle support to clean and detoxify your body while you take other supplements, most likely prohormones that can put stress on your system in particular your liver. Recently, I decided to try my first prohormone, albeit a very mild one, Blackstone's Abnormal. Being more on the hesitant side of joining the PH side of things, I definitely wanted to do it the right way, read research, take on cycle and post cycle support. I found this to be a pretty good option, details below.

In this product, you have an assortment of ingredients all aimed at body detoxification, antioxidents, and liver support. Many I have seen and taking before in body cleanse supplements, and I have attached the supplement facts below. Another bonus of this profile are that the ingredents are fully disclosed so you know how much you are receiving of each ingredient, and after reading about each ingredient they seem to be in acceptable ranges. Milk Thistle, which seems to be the #1 option for liver support is at 225 mgs, and then an addition 75 in extract form. This is followed by NAC, Kudzu, Tumeric, and Artichoke leaf. I believe VMI has chosen some really ingredients aimed at keeping your body clean and your organs working at 100% when taking supplements that may effect them. A solid profile in my opinion.

Since this product can be hard to determine effectiveness, this is a big reason why I enjoyed it as well as it's very easy to take. Two pills, once a day with food. I always took them with dinner. No taste, easy to swallow capsules. Being on a cycle, most likely with a ton of other supps as well, a once a day product is very nice and not overwhelming at all.

If you read my review about Blackstone's Abnormal, you know I didn't feel much of an effect in terms of strength, gains, testosterone production, etc so it was pretty disappointing. That being said, I know it is a pretty mild prohormone that probably wouldn't have a lot of side effects. However, for my first run of a PH and a past with some endocrine issues (thyroid cancer), I definitely wanted to play it safe so I definitely felt Cycle Guard was needed. Even though I missed out int he gains department, I didn't feel any negative sides at all such as lethargy, erectile dysfuntion, etc during the cycle. More importantly, I didn't feel any suppression side effects after my run of Abnormal either so it seemed that everything was working 100%. I did feel completely healthy and energized throughout my run of this bottle and Abnormal. So was it Cycle Guard? Just a weak PH? Who knows but a lack of side effects to me is a relief and I'm glad I took this as insurance as it's always better to be safe than sorry.

$20 for a month supply at Allstarhealth, which was the same length as a bottle of Abnormal. For $20 for a 30 day supply and it's ease of use, I feel it's a no brainer insurance policy for anyone wanting to do a mild cycle.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Would it be ideal for someone running a really advanced PH Cycle? Probably not, but for a very mild PH cycle, it's ease of use, and low price tag I think this is a great on cycle option.

May 28, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Felt Healthy While On
    • No Prop Blends
    • Better Digestion
    • Liver Protection
    • Needs A Few Extras

Before I start I want to thank VMI Sports for giving me this opportunity to review Cycle Guard. I have done quite a few different reviews for VMI Sports Nutrition in the past. From those past reviews I knew this was going to be a pretty solid product. I used Cycle Guard while I was on a one month cycle reviewing Abnormal. During the duration of this review I was at the peak of a powerlifting cycle training 5 days a week.

Highlights:
    -LIVER & ORGAN SUPPORT
    -DETOXIFY & CLEANSE
    -ANTIOXIDANT PROTECTION
    -ON & OFF CYCLE PROTECTION

The ingredient profile for Cycle Guard is fully transparent containing 6 main ingredients. Each of the ingredients are all natural and used to help protect/cleanse your liver and organs.

Milk Thistle Extract 225mg- Evidence exists that milk thistle may be hepatoprotective through a number of mechanisms: antioxidant activity, toxin blockade at the membrane level, enhanced protein synthesis, antifibriotic activity, and possible anti-inflammatory or immunomodulating effects. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK11896/

NAC 200mg- (N-acetyl-cysteine) NAC is a precursor to the amino acid cysteine, cysteine participates in the general antioxidant activities of the body.

Kudzu Root Extract 200mg- Has been shown to reduce, but not eliminate, alcohol consumption with alcohol abuse. Been known in Chinese Medicine to treat alcohol intoxication for centuries. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3074930/

Turmeric Extract 100mg- Turmeric is a plant that has a long history of medicinal use (1000's of years): Turmeric extracts can scavenge free radicals, increase antioxidant enzymes, and inhibit lipid peroxidation. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK92752/

Artichoke Leaf Extract 100mg- Supports healthy liver function and bile production (essential for liver health).

Milk Thistle Extract 75mg- Same as above ^

For dosing I took 2 capsules once a day with food/meal (breakfast). You should be taking a supplement like this around the same time each day. Each bottle contains 30 servings - you can cycle up to 8 weeks time.

As other reviewers noted.... it can be hard to judge the effectiveness of a product like this. However I did notice some signs that Cycle Guard was doing its job while I was on a PH cycle. When compared to being on cycles in the past I felt an overall increase in well being in general. Meaning better digestion, less inflammation, no heartburn, etc- basically everything was functioning as it should.

The cheapest value I could find was for around $20 a bottle. Each capsule costs around .33 cents or .66 cents per serving. Whether your on a pro-hormone cycle or looking to cleanse your body I believe this is an ok price. Its not an all around cycle guard when compared to others (joint support, bp support, etc). If your looking for an all-around cycle guard your going to be paying a few bucks more. It may or may not be worth it depending on your needs.

VMI does offer a military discount (20% discount) on their website!

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion this is a solid choice if your looking for a liver cleanse or using a mild pro-hormone. I'd pony up and pay a few bucks extra if I was using harsher PH compounds for better all-around support. Once again I want to thank VMI Sports Nutrition for participating in the SR TROOP Program.

October 14, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Felt Healthy While On
    • No Prop Blends
    • Liver Protection
    • Better Digestion

First I would like to thank VMI Sports Nutrition for sending this out to review, and the SR TROOPs program for making the connection possible. This supplement is basically a liver support for using during a PH cycle or if you just feel your liver has been under heavy stress. A fully functional liver keep hormone productions on point, fat burning, and plenty of other good stuff. The ingredients in this are well known for liver cleansing, and I was happy to have this around.

There's actually two variations of milk thistle extract, and i'm not quite sure what their differences exactly are in terms of liver cleansing, but milk thistle definitely has enough research showing its benefits. NAC and Kudzu root make up the other larger portions of the ingredients, then you get turmeric and artichoke extract in each serving as well. All together this is a well rounded liver detox matrix as it says on the bottle.

No taste really to report with the caps. Mixability doesn't apply. Dosing was two capsules daily for me as I didn't need anything too strong, but you can double dose this for heavier cycles.

Well, my liver feels perfectly fine and every process significantly affected by the liver seem to be in top condition. So I'd have to say this liver support actually worked and kept the harsh effects of cycling away, plus I'd have a glass of wine every now and then so needed it. My digestion seemed be be a bit better too with more solid poops, but I think that's about all I can say on judging if this product works really. No liver damage plain and simple.

Found this on several websites for $20.95, which I think is a pretty good deal. Plain old milk thistle supps cost around half as much and don't have the extra ingredients especially NAC. So you're getting a full on liver detox mixture with this product for less than a dollar per serving.

Side Effects

None to report

Conclusion

I'd recommend this supplement for these newer mild PH's these days, but recommend double dosing for heavier cycles. The price is right and the ingredients are pretty known for working. Thanks again for sending this out VMI Sports Nutrition!

October 12, 2016

Pros:
       Cons:
      • No Prop Blends
      • Felt Healthy While On
      • Needs A Few Extras

I claimed a very mild PH as part of the TROOPs program so I decided to grab this to run along side of it. Before claiming it I didn't look much into the ingredient panel but the PH I was running wasn't near the level I have used in the past so I figured any kind of cycle product would suffice.

After receiving the bottle I noticed that all the ingredients are for the liver 2 variations of milk thistle, kudzu extract and turmeric extract. 2 pills I believe give you 900mgs of ingredients. And each bottle contains 30 servings of said 2 pills. In the manufacturers description the claims are all based towards cleansing and keeping the liver healthy, which is very important on any oral cycle, but for me I want my cycle protection to have a little more in there, blood pressure support, maybe an AI, joint support, etc.

2 pills once a day with food, I took mine 1st thing in the morning. no issues here.

These products are hard to judge sometimes, because its what you don't notice that means they are working. And sometimes what you notice may be a little bit down the line after the cycle is over. While using this on cycle I never had any issues come up, no heartburn, no stomach distress, or anything else to note. I did notice I was urinating at a much more frequent rate, but that could have been the "PH" I was taking as well.

Cheapest I found this was $20 a bottle, for whats in this I feel that is a little more than I would pay for this there are other cycle product that hit several more needs as part of a cycle support for a little bit cheaper and then some that are top notch cycle support supps for 5-10 more.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Thanks to VMI for sending this out seemed like it did what It was supposed to, but maybe look at either adding in a few more ingredients or tweaking the name just a little.