Aminogex Ultra Reviews

By: VMI Sports

Overall
Overall
Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
  October 17, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Hydration
  • Improved Recovery
  • Endurance
  • Taste

46 year old guy trying to stay fit. Aminogex Ultra, 7 grams of BCAA's with added Betaine and Glutamine to help kick the old muscle soreness to the curb. I found this product to help in that regards.

Repeat, 46 year old dad of 2, puppy walker of 1, husband of legal age marriage... (21 years if you don't do math). I am trying to stay as fit and active as I can for my kids, as I don't want to be that old guy who can't do anything..... I decided to run a stack of products from VMI. Thanks to the trooper program and the Trooper program I was able to do so. I think the products worked well together and appreciate the ability to try them. I was doing a 4 day lifting everyday cardio type routine. However in looking at my log I think I started missing some cardio.

Vitamin B6 @ 25mg's: With vitamins I am always on the fence, with this one because I eat banana's anyway I probably don't need it. It can help in performance and is well under the dose that could possibly lead to nerve damage I don't have a problem with it.

B12 @ 30mcg's: This can help with nerve damage, and dosing is 25 to 100mcg a day so why not have it in here. It is suggested the athletes who workout intensely supplement with this. I don't know if I fit the bill, but what the heck why not.

Instantized BCAA's @ 7g
    L-Leucine 3.5g's
    L-Isoleucine 1.75g's
    L-Valine 1.75g's

The building blocks of muscle. Depending on who you read or what you think this is a good amount. They used the 2-1-1 ratio which once again depends on you, I find that they work just as well for me as different ratio's I have tried. I did bump up the BCAA's about halfway through my run and noticed improvement so that is something to consider. I was happy with the results either way.

Betaine @ 1.25g's: This has been shown to help with performance, with the dosages studied being 1g to 6g's per day. I did notice improvement in my lifting and really like the inclusion of this ingredient.

Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate @ 400mg: This can improve electrolyte balance, I didn't really find a dosage, so I am going to go by results. I seemed to stay hydrated even though I was taking a product that makes you sweat. So with no muscle cramping I think this helped.

Then we have 50mg's of the following:
    Potasium Glycinate
    Magnesium Glycinate
    Calcium Glycinate
    Sodium Chloride.
    The first 3 are included in (TRAAC's by albion). I am posting their website below if you want to delve into them a little more.

The last one Sodium Chloride really depends on your diet in my opinion. (not a doctor). If you are heavily exercising you sweat out salt so replacing it is a good thing as it keeps things balanced.

----Taste/Mix-ability/Dosing----

I received the Tropical Mango flavor and found it rather enjoyable. Mango and some other fruit, with sweetness depending on how much I diluted it.

I had no issue with mix-ability. I use a shaker bottle with a metal ball in it. I do think I had a slight powder on the sides occasionally, but that happens with most things for me. Could be because I use the same shaker multiple times before I do a good washing, normally just rinse and air dry. (all scientists who want to inform me of bacteria etc... go away, I leave my pizza out over night as well).

Dosing is 1 level scoop in 8 to 16 ounces of water used before, during or after workouts. (can use up to 2 scoops per day). I used the product 1 time a day. I did use it during all time periods, but normally in the afternoon as a treat. This is when I found it helped the most as other times I have other things already in my system.

We have a BCAA product with added goodies. What did it do for me? Well, as I have been off product for a little over a week I can tell you 2 things. 1, I feel DOMS more than I did while taking this. 2, I seem to be dragging a little bit more than I was while taking this. Now, to be fair I also am not getting as much Stimulants as I was as my new pre-workout is weaker than the K-XR from VMI that I was using during the run. I also noticed that when I used this before workouts I seemed to both sweat more yet have more endurance. It seemed the weights where easier to lift as well, which I attribute to the Betaine. Once again I was stacking this, so I think this helped with keeping my hydrated even though other stuff was making me sweat. About halfway through the container I started adding a scoop of plain BCAA's to this and noticed an uptick in recovery. Which is one thing I would change. However if you where 2 scooping it you obviously wouldn't need to add them, but that would also really effect the value in my opinion.

As of 10/17/2018 VMI is selling the 30 serving tub for $34.99

$22.47 on the new goliath of everything.... Amazon!!!

This product is fairly priced for me. I look at my other amino product that I like (RCSS amino tone, $29.99 for 30 servings) and I see that this is right in there depending on where you get it. Realistically I find my products on sale or clearance so I think a dollar a serving is pretty good. I mainly used this to curb dumb choice snacking which would of cost more than a dollar.... So I give this good marks on price.

Side Effects

I had no negative side effects from this product. I did get reduction in Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS), but that is what was supposed to happen and some would say therefore not a side effect. I figure, this is the smallest section of my reviews, I would add this just once..

Conclusion

In conclusion I first want to thank VMI and the SRTrooper program for allowing me to try this product. I had an enjoyable run, and although I can't guarantee that they work better together... I liked running a month of one brands products. I sometimes things are designed to work together. I think that as I get older I like to have both "treats" and things that help me move the next day. I think that this product hit the spot for that. I had noticeable reduction in soreness and seemed to be able to hit my workouts harder while using this. I think that just about anyone can benefit from some extra BCAA's then with the added ingredients I think you will really enjoy your month on AminoGex Ultra. Go grab a container and enjoy muscles that are less sore and workouts that are more fun....
    • Tropical Mango: 9/10