Aminogex Ultra Reviews

By: VMI Sports®

Overall
Overall
9.2
9.2
Thanks to VMI Sports® for sending it out!

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Hydration
  • Fully Disclosed
  • Low Price

Great amino/intra product with 7g of BCAA's plus chelated minerals for superb hydration benefits. This performed extremely well for me as both an intra workout and as a general work aid when working outside in the heat.

I recently turned 36, and have lifted on and off since I graduated high school. I've currently been back in the gym for about 4 months after taking a year and a half off from working out. My training mostly consists of getting stronger, especially in the "big 3" plus OH press, and I was using Candito's Linear Program for the duration I took this product.

No proprietary blends here, which is a big plus! Everything is fully-disclosed, so you know what you are getting. The ingredient list is as follows:

Vitamin B6: 1250%

Potassium Glycinate (TRAACS by Albion): 50mg
    Magnesium Glycinate (TRAACS by Albion): 50mg
    Calcium Glycinate (TRAACS by Albion): 50mg
    Sodium Chloride: 50mg

You have a generous dose of BCAA's at 7g, betaine for strength augmentation and increased creatine production, and chelated minerals for hydration. Without getting over my head with the science behind it, to chelate a mineral means to bind it to an amino acid (glycine and/or glutamine here), which increases its bioavailabilty, so we absorb it more efficiently. TRAACS is Albion Human Nutrition's patented method for testing their mineral products, and stands for "The Real Amino Acid Chelate System". In practical terms for consumers, it is basically a quality control system that guarantees purity and that we are getting these minerals chelated as advertised.

I received a tub of the Tropical Mango Flavor, and also sample packs of most of the other flavors offered. Overall they were all good, and were pretty much spot on tasting like the flavors they were aiming for. The tropical mango was sweet, but not too sweet. The mango was most prominent in there, but also had a hint of orange/citrus. My favorite flavor I tried was probably the pink lemonade, but it is hard to say since I only had a sample of that one. I will probably choose that next time. It had a really nice balance of sweetness and tartness. It seemed the key to maximizing the flavors for each of them was using around 12oz of water, preferably very cold water as others have mentioned, or you can get away with a little more water if you use more than one scoop.

I usually went with one scoop to make the tub stretch, but also played around with 1-1/2 to 2 scoops on a couple of occasions. I never had any issues with mixability even when the water was particularly cold. Sometimes there would be a minimal amount of foam, but I would swish an ounce or two of water in my bottle after I finished it to get the remaining bit.

So how well did this work? Really well, actually! It did everything a BCAA product is expected to do, plus had the added bonus of hydration. I will break this down into categories based on the typical BCAA criteria and the product's label claims for more detail:

Enhanced endurance/performance:
    This is where the product really shined for me. I always seemed to be able to work out slightly harder for longer while taking this, and I had a noticeable decrease in recovery time between sets.

Reduced DOMS:
    This was probably the least noticeable aspect of this product for me, but that could be due to a number of factors such as diet and training variety. I did notice I never got too severely sore while taking this, though, even after I made some changes in my assistance work, which normally causes extra soreness as my body adapts to the new stimulus, so I do feel like this helped somewhat.

Muscle Building/Improved Body Composition:
    It is practically impossible to quantify how much muscle growth would be due to a single product, but I did get stronger and leaned out somewhat while taking this. I had several comments from friends and family about how I was looking bigger/more muscular, and I think this helped. If nothing else, the fact that I was able to push myself harder in the gym probably helped spur a little extra growth, so I'm pretty happy.

Improved Hydration:
    I believe the chelated minerals really helped in this aspect because I rarely felt the need to make extra trips to the water fountain while I was using this. This is actually pretty remarkable for me because I am easily the sweatiest guy in the gym at any given moment. I have always sweated a ridiculous amount compared to most other people (hyperhidrosis), so I pay extra attention to not become too dehydrated during physical activities. This stuff worked much better than sports drinks for me in this respect. It was like a secret weapon to combat dehydration. This was useful for me in the gym, and also when working in the yard at home or in a hot warehouse.

You can find this at various online supplement merchants, with the average price being around $30 with shipping. Amazon currently has it for $29.99 with free shipping for Prime customers. At $1 per serving, this is an excellent deal in my opinion, especially considering the quality of the product and the added hydration benefits of the chelated minerals.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects with this.

Conclusion

Overall, this has been one of the best amino products I have ever tried, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a great BCAA product at a good price! It does everything you would expect from BCAA's, and when you add the hydration factor, it really is tough to beat, especially for the price. Thanks to VMI for giving me the opportunity to try this.
    • Cherry Lime Italian Ice: 9/10
    • Pina Colada: 9/10
    • Pink Lemonade: 10/10
    • Tropical Mango: 9/10

• Wis3guy
      September 21, 2018

Nice job, I am liking this one as well...

• VMISPORTS
      Rep for this Brand
      September 21, 2018

@RobertMc1982 Thanks for the great review, and we're glad you love Aminogex!