(Better than 99% in Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA)

Aminogex Ultra is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by VMI Sports. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.
ARTICLES

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

Overall
Overall
9.1
  November 14, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Hydration
  • Improved Recovery
  • Endurance
  • Taste

Aminogex Ultra is a solid performing BCAA product that I think we can all find a place for in the cabinet. My three top things about it were flavor, reduced DOMS and increased hydration. I played around with it by taking it sometimes and then not taking it and I really could notice the difference.

I am always on the lookout for a well-valued, quality BCAA product to keep in my supplement cabinet. I noticed this product had some good reviews and was made by a solid company. Therefore, it was time to give it a rip. Big thanks to VMI and SR for yet another opportunity. It is always appreciated. I had some real good workouts while I used Aminogex. I found this app on the appstore called FitBod and it is actually pretty decent if anyone wants to check it out. It caters just about anyone in the weight room and is very flexible. Anyways, let's talk about my experience with Aminogex.

The meat and potatoes of this profile are the InstAminos and the TRAACS by Albion. The InstAminos consist of leucine, iso-leucine and valine at 3.5g, 1.75g and 1.75g respectively. I like that ratio, especially based on the results I had while using Aminogex. TRAACS stands for The Real Amino Acid Chelate System. It consists of potassium glycinate, magnesium glycinate and calcium glycinate. Also from Albion is magnesium glycinate glutamine. In all honesty, just google TRAACS by Albion. They have a very elaborate website that explains everything in great detail. That way I won't bore you to death. All in all this comes across as a solid BCAA profile with some added hydration benefits. They also included Betaine at 1.25g and as others have stated, this may be a bit underdosed but better than nothing. I like it.

I received the Cherry-Lime Italian Ice flavor and it was pretty darn good. As usual, I like to mix it with a little extra water to dull the flavor a little bit. And it is extra tasty on ice. It tasted how I imagined it would based on the name. Mixability was above average. Usually some sediment on bottom of shaker if not drank quickly enough, but not a whole lot. I usually dosed this in the morning if I was fasting and working out, or during my workout. Sometimes both.

I messed around with dosing this on and off to really try and get a good idea of how well it worked. And it was noticeable. When I would take it in the morning while fasting, I had a lot more energy and actually felt like my hunger was curbed a little bit. That's a win win. During and after workouts, soreness was 100% effected by Aminogex. My workouts wouldn't be as intense without it and DOMS was clearly much more present the next day. I will admit I occasionally used it as a cocktail mixer with some Tito's, which with ice, was excellent. Getting some BCAAs in me with a cocktail made me feel better about it. All in all, Aminogex had a very noticeable effect on my workouts and that's why I loved it.

All-Star health has this for 23.99 right now which is a pretty remarkable value. At this price point I highly recommend giving it a try.

Side Effects

Nothing noted.

Conclusion

VMI is proving to be a real reputable company in my opinion. Aminogex is everything you should need in an every day BCAA product and I think you will notice the results pretty quick. I appreciate VMI and SR for letting me try this one and highly encourage you to do the same!

Other Prices:
    A1Supplements   $28.95
    VMI Sports   $37.99

October 21, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improved Hydration
    • Improved Recovery
    • Great Value
    • Betaine Under-dosed

A great BCAA product to aid in recovery and hydration. You can find a really great deal for this depending on the flavor. Very effective and fairly priced, a quality BCAA product in an already saturated market that tastes great.

39 years old and I lift 5 days a week. I have become a big fan of VMI Sports products and had Aminogex Ultra on my I want to try list for a while. The timing did not work out in the past, but luckily when I was up for more Aminos the opportunity was still there so I jumped on it. Big thank you to VMI and SR for the opportunity to try and review this product. Amino Acids are one the things I keep in my stack at all times to aid in recovery, so let us see how Aminogex stacks up to the competition.

Fully disclosed label which is always appreciated. At my age I like to know exactly what I am putting into my body. Since there are 30 other reviews of this product at the time of this writing, I will quickly talk about each ingredient. Each dose is based off one 11.2g scoop.

To start off you get 25mg of B6 (pyridoxine HCI) and 30mcg of B12 (methylcobalmine). Nice to see VMI use the good forms of these B vitamins.

Instantized BCAAs (as InstAminos) (7g): This breaks down to 3.5g Leucine, 1.75g IsoLeucine, and 1.75g Valine using your standard 2:1:1 ratio that is fairly common. Leucine stimulates muscle protein synthesis and slows down muscle damage after workouts, Isoleucine creates glucose giving your body energy, and Valine promotes muscle protein synthesis and muscle tissue growth. Not a bad dosage in my opinion.

Betaine (1.25g): Betaine may provide increased power output and minor increases in workout volume and endurance. You want 2.5g of this daily, but you likely have this in another source such as a PWO. However, I am kind of on the fence having this in a BCAA product, either increase the dose or simply remove it. You can take up to 20g a day, so increasing this to 2.5g does not run the risk of over-dosing.

Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate (400mg): This was fairly unique to me. The idea here is the Magnesium is chelated to both gylcine and glutamine, which stabilizes glutamine and detoxifies magnesium. This is here for recovery and to help your body not cramp up. Seems fine to me.

TRAACS by Albion: Here we get 50mg Potassium Glycinate, 50mg Magnesium Glycinate, and 50mg Calcium Glycinate. This is a patented form of mineral Amino Acids that is seen in other VMI products (such as Protolyte) in one form or another. Basically its all here for hydration. I am unsure of dosage requirements here, but we will talk about it in effectiveness.

Finally you get 50mg Sodium Chloride which is basically salt. Not a bad thing to add if you tend to sweat a lot during workouts such as myself. Overall, nice and simple profile. I do question the inclusion of Betaine at its current dose, I think if you up that to 2.5g then you will get more use out of it, especially using this Intra workout. If its not practical to do so, then I recommend removing it, because I do not think 1.25g is doing much of anything by itself. Maybe it was built to be stacked with other VMI products?

Taste: Here is some irony for you. I requested the Orange Ice Pop flavor, but they were out of stock, so I received the Tropical Mango flavor. I enjoyed the Mango flavor much more than the Orange. So it all worked out. The Tropical Mango tastes great in cold water (thanks @Marshes). It gives you a hint of mango and just tastes like a nice tropical drink. Not sweet, so easy to drink while working out.

Mixability: Some foaming after initially shaking this up. It would last a minute or so, but did not bother me at all since I would shake it up, put it down and drink it later. No staining of the shake or any weird residue left over. Mixed very well.

Dosing: For the majority of the run I took one scoop Intra-Workout, and one scoop on rest days. On days I had my 60 minute Physical Therapy Sessions I would take a second dose after that. You can take this anytime pre, intra, post workout, or during the day. Its BCAAs so you take it as needed to aid in recovery.

So the biggest thing I look for in BCAAs is recovery. During the initial workout plan I was on taking this at one scoop intra per day was fine. I felt very minimal DOMS the next few days. On the days I would workout twice (PT and Gym) I would take two doses of this and that worked good as well. So it seems that one scoop per workout was the key here for me. Towards the end of this run, I switched to GZCL UHF 9 week program which includes squatting twice a week, benching four times a week, and deadlifting twice a week. I had to up my dosage to one scoop intra and another mid-day as this workout was more intense than my body has been used to lately. So depending on the intensity of your program, you may need to dose this to fit your needs.

The hydration aspect was pretty good here as well. I found myself hitting the water fountain less than normal in the gym, and having to pause my workout to take a pee. My urine would be clear which is a surefire sign of being hydrated.

A good intra-workout product that gives you decent recovery and some good hydration. Normally I like to have my EAAs included as well, but it is not as necessary as people have claimed lately. This is one of the products that disproves the theory that you need all 9 amino acids for recovery. Turns out the Big 3 BCAAs are still fine when dosed and complimented with other ingredients correctly.

Depending on the flavor you can snag this up for as cheap as $21.58 for 30 servings from Amazon. That comes out to 72 cents a serving which is a pretty great deal in my books. Coupled with how well this worked for me in recovery and hydration support, its a great deal.

Side Effects

Increased urination due to hydration effects. Not a bad side effect in my opinion.

Conclusion

A very well done Intra-workout designed BCAA to help you get rid of those DOMS and hydrate you along the way. You can take this anytime of the day, for me it worked best Intra. Lots of flavor options out there and good deals to be found. If you are in the market for some BCAAs then look no further and give Aminogex Ultra a shot. It gets the DaSlaya stamp of approval. Thank you VMI for being a big member here on SR and for your continued opportunities.
    • Orange Ice Pop: 6/10
    • Tropical Mango: 8/10
    • Pink Lemonade: 7/10

Other Prices:
    A1Supplements   $28.95
    VMI Sports   $37.99

October 17, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improved Hydration
    • Improved Recovery
    • Endurance
    • Taste

46 year old guy trying to stay fit. Aminogex Ultra, 7 grams of BCAA's with added Betaine and Glutamine to help kick the old muscle soreness to the curb. I found this product to help in that regards.

Repeat, 46 year old dad of 2, puppy walker of 1, husband of legal age marriage... (21 years if you don't do math). I am trying to stay as fit and active as I can for my kids, as I don't want to be that old guy who can't do anything..... I decided to run a stack of products from VMI. Thanks to the trooper program and the Trooper program I was able to do so. I think the products worked well together and appreciate the ability to try them. I was doing a 4 day lifting everyday cardio type routine. However in looking at my log I think I started missing some cardio.

Vitamin B6 @ 25mg's: With vitamins I am always on the fence, with this one because I eat banana's anyway I probably don't need it. It can help in performance and is well under the dose that could possibly lead to nerve damage I don't have a problem with it.

B12 @ 30mcg's: This can help with nerve damage, and dosing is 25 to 100mcg a day so why not have it in here. It is suggested the athletes who workout intensely supplement with this. I don't know if I fit the bill, but what the heck why not.

Instantized BCAA's @ 7g
      L-Leucine 3.5g's
      L-Isoleucine 1.75g's
      L-Valine 1.75g's

The building blocks of muscle. Depending on who you read or what you think this is a good amount. They used the 2-1-1 ratio which once again depends on you, I find that they work just as well for me as different ratio's I have tried. I did bump up the BCAA's about halfway through my run and noticed improvement so that is something to consider. I was happy with the results either way.

Betaine @ 1.25g's: This has been shown to help with performance, with the dosages studied being 1g to 6g's per day. I did notice improvement in my lifting and really like the inclusion of this ingredient.

Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate @ 400mg: This can improve electrolyte balance, I didn't really find a dosage, so I am going to go by results. I seemed to stay hydrated even though I was taking a product that makes you sweat. So with no muscle cramping I think this helped.

Then we have 50mg's of the following:
      Potasium Glycinate
      Magnesium Glycinate
      Calcium Glycinate
      Sodium Chloride.
      The first 3 are included in (TRAAC's by albion). I am posting their website below if you want to delve into them a little more.

The last one Sodium Chloride really depends on your diet in my opinion. (not a doctor). If you are heavily exercising you sweat out salt so replacing it is a good thing as it keeps things balanced.

----Taste/Mix-ability/Dosing----

I received the Tropical Mango flavor and found it rather enjoyable. Mango and some other fruit, with sweetness depending on how much I diluted it.

I had no issue with mix-ability. I use a shaker bottle with a metal ball in it. I do think I had a slight powder on the sides occasionally, but that happens with most things for me. Could be because I use the same shaker multiple times before I do a good washing, normally just rinse and air dry. (all scientists who want to inform me of bacteria etc... go away, I leave my pizza out over night as well).

Dosing is 1 level scoop in 8 to 16 ounces of water used before, during or after workouts. (can use up to 2 scoops per day). I used the product 1 time a day. I did use it during all time periods, but normally in the afternoon as a treat. This is when I found it helped the most as other times I have other things already in my system.

We have a BCAA product with added goodies. What did it do for me? Well, as I have been off product for a little over a week I can tell you 2 things. 1, I feel DOMS more than I did while taking this. 2, I seem to be dragging a little bit more than I was while taking this. Now, to be fair I also am not getting as much Stimulants as I was as my new pre-workout is weaker than the K-XR from VMI that I was using during the run. I also noticed that when I used this before workouts I seemed to both sweat more yet have more endurance. It seemed the weights where easier to lift as well, which I attribute to the Betaine. Once again I was stacking this, so I think this helped with keeping my hydrated even though other stuff was making me sweat. About halfway through the container I started adding a scoop of plain BCAA's to this and noticed an uptick in recovery. Which is one thing I would change. However if you where 2 scooping it you obviously wouldn't need to add them, but that would also really effect the value in my opinion.

As of 10/17/2018 VMI is selling the 30 serving tub for $34.99

$22.47 on the new goliath of everything.... Amazon!!!

This product is fairly priced for me. I look at my other amino product that I like (RCSS amino tone, $29.99 for 30 servings) and I see that this is right in there depending on where you get it. Realistically I find my products on sale or clearance so I think a dollar a serving is pretty good. I mainly used this to curb dumb choice snacking which would of cost more than a dollar.... So I give this good marks on price.

Side Effects

I had no negative side effects from this product. I did get reduction in Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS), but that is what was supposed to happen and some would say therefore not a side effect. I figure, this is the smallest section of my reviews, I would add this just once..

Conclusion

In conclusion I first want to thank VMI and the SRTrooper program for allowing me to try this product. I had an enjoyable run, and although I can't guarantee that they work better together... I liked running a month of one brands products. I sometimes things are designed to work together. I think that as I get older I like to have both "treats" and things that help me move the next day. I think that this product hit the spot for that. I had noticeable reduction in soreness and seemed to be able to hit my workouts harder while using this. I think that just about anyone can benefit from some extra BCAA's then with the added ingredients I think you will really enjoy your month on AminoGex Ultra. Go grab a container and enjoy muscles that are less sore and workouts that are more fun....
      • Tropical Mango: 9/10

October 12, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Improved Hydration
      • Fully Disclosed
      • Reduced Fatigue
      • Endurance
      • Artificial Dyes

The best tasting BCAA product I have ever used with a thoughtful ingredient profile and generous amount of BCAAs per serving.

As with all BCAA products what I hoped to get out of this product was a reduction in soreness and recovery time. This is especially important while I have been in a caloric deficit for the better part of three months and consequently my recovery is generally slower than usual.

A thoughtful profile.

7g BCAAs using a 2:1:1 ratio. The BCAAs are instantized for (theoretically) quicker uptake.

1.25g of Betaine which aids in muscle performance and regulating homocysteine levels. The dosage is fine here as it is more than likely supplementing a dose you are already taking in your pre-workout.

400mg of MGG or Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate is a form of Magnesium chelated to Glycine and Glutamine which allows for increased bioavailability. This also allows for the added benefit of the Glutamine in this compound which aids the immune system and tissue recovery.

50mg of each Potassium, Magnesium and Calcium Glycinate. All the patented TRAACS forms and once again designed for increased bioavailability. These assist greatly with maintaining proper hydration levels and electrolyte balance.

50mg of sodium chloride which rounds out the profile and further aids in maintaining proper hydration levels.

I do not like artificial flavors but with a flavor this good I suppose it is expected. I absolutely HATE artificial colors. They are entirely unnecessary and serve no purpose other than to stain clothing and teeth. I really wish these were removed.

Taste

I had the tropical mango flavor and this is easily the best tasting BCAA product I have tried to date. I loved the slightly tangy flavor and what it really reminded me of was a mild pineapple more than anything. I am not usually very concerned with flavor but this is so good I actually look forward to it.

Mixability

Mixed well with almost none of the foam I am accustomed to seeing with most BCAA products. I suppose this could be in large part because of the instantizing of the aminos.

I never have too much to say about the amino products that work well for me. There is just less for me to complain about while taking Aminogex. I feel better after my workouts, especially the cardio sessions, and my soreness is only about as bad as it is when I am in maintenance mode which says something.

My favorite benefit from this product is absolutely zero cramping no matter how hard I am pushing myself or how long. I attribute this to the electrolytes blend which for me personally (possibly because of my diet) make an enormous difference. I will no longer consider a BCAA product that doesn't include some sort of hydration/electrolyte component in their profile.

I have dropped 5lbs of body weight over the course of my taking this alongside LabTech's Full Spectrum RX and the usual whey protein. Nothing else. During that time my lifts have either remained the same or increased slightly. I have zero doubt that Aminogex has helped fend off muscle catabolism during training even while in a caloric deficit. This in my opinion is as good as it gets for a BCAA product.

I see tubs going for $23 with free shipping for 30 TRUE servings. With the added blend of high quality electrolytes, betaine and the promising MGG I think this is a solid value. It doesn't hurt that this tastes so good I wish I could sip on it all day instead of just about anything else.

Side Effects

Conclusion

TLDR is this is my favorite BCAA product on the market. It allows me to push harder for longer without worrying about cramping up while tasting absolutely delicious and being offered at a competitive price.

Also, for what it's worth, I really enjoy the VMI rep. As a trooper I have received 2 shipments of VMI products now and in each package is a friendly handwritten note. I appreciate this a lot and I enjoy the product line as a whole thus far. Keep it up VMI.
      • Tropical Mango: 10/10

7.1
        September 24, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Improved Recovery
      • Reduced Fatigue
      • Only 30 Servings

What is up guys here for another review of Aminogex Ultra by VMI. Overall this is a great product for your recovery from week to week and day to day. I has good results with this product and was able to get my lifts in with power and intensity.

L-leucine (3.5g)
      L-isoleucine (1.75g)
      L-valine (1.75g)
      These are your main BCAA that are in your normal amino product. Overall these product help activate mTOR which is repsonsible for the synthesis of protein and helps the muscle recover. L-Leucine is the most important being able to activate mTOR at a greater level. This AA can also help in reducing blood sugar by having an affect on the pancreas. L-Leucine also helps in this role by significantly increase glucose uptake allowing your body to use this during exercise.

Beatine (1.25g) - Betaine has been recommended as a performance enhancing ingredient but with unreliable studies attached to it. When taken at 1.25g (which this products uses 2x/day) betaine has been said to increased power output and minor increases in workout endurance

Magneisum Glycinate Glutamine (400mg)
      Potassium Glycinate (50mg)
      Magnesium Glycinate (50mg)
      Clasium Glycinate (50mg)
      These all are stated to play a role in reducing fatigue during the workout

Good but not great taste. I got the flavor tropical mango. When I saw the flavor I was a little iffy about it, but as I drank it it grew on me. I usually like more berry flavored products but overall good taste. In terms of mixability it was average. There was definitely some settling if I didn't continue to mix the product and towards the end when finishing it there was more settling. Dosing was of the average with 1 scoop equaling 11.2g.

VMI created a great product with their BCAA product. While taking this product I felt good recovery leading to good strength from week to week. I started by taking this product during my workouts as an intraworkout supplement. With the ingredients in this product in addition to the PWO that I would take before my workouts I was able to get great workouts in and have the lasting effects of energy and focus. Through my time with this product I consistently felt its effects with recovery and energy. I was able to go day in and day with feeling great and the feeling that I could lift to my full potential. Even when I did have muscle soreness it wasn't that day after muscle soreness because I don't think it lasted long enough to get that "day after feeling". I remember one of leg days where I did heavy squats, walking lunges, knee extension, RDL, hamstring, you name it I was doing it during the workout. 1 hour after I could hardly walk. The next day you ask? Feeling great in my legs and I honestly attribute it to my supplementation with this product. After a few weeks I was taking this product 2x/day once during my workouts and during the work day. I was able to take this product during the day because it gave that extra energy I needed instead of reaching for a cup of coffee. Overall this product worked for me in a great way and is recommended in my book.

The first place I found this on was the VMI site for $34.99 for 30 servings. I found it on amazon.com for $29.99 and $22.99 for 30 servings and two different flavors.

Side Effects

none for me

Conclusion

Overall this is a great product and I think that if you want good recovery and energy you will want to invest in this product. As always do you own research and look for the best products for you. Good results, good taste and good value try it for yourself.
      • Tropical Mango: 7/10

Overall
      Overall
      9.2
        September 21, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Improved Hydration
      • Fully Disclosed
      • Low Price

Great amino/intra product with 7g of BCAA's plus chelated minerals for superb hydration benefits. This performed extremely well for me as both an intra workout and as a general work aid when working outside in the heat.

I recently turned 36, and have lifted on and off since I graduated high school. I've currently been back in the gym for about 4 months after taking a year and a half off from working out. My training mostly consists of getting stronger, especially in the "big 3" plus OH press, and I was using Candito's Linear Program for the duration I took this product.

No proprietary blends here, which is a big plus! Everything is fully-disclosed, so you know what you are getting. The ingredient list is as follows:

Vitamin B6: 1250%

Potassium Glycinate (TRAACS by Albion): 50mg
        Magnesium Glycinate (TRAACS by Albion): 50mg
        Calcium Glycinate (TRAACS by Albion): 50mg
        Sodium Chloride: 50mg

You have a generous dose of BCAA's at 7g, betaine for strength augmentation and increased creatine production, and chelated minerals for hydration. Without getting over my head with the science behind it, to chelate a mineral means to bind it to an amino acid (glycine and/or glutamine here), which increases its bioavailabilty, so we absorb it more efficiently. TRAACS is Albion Human Nutrition's patented method for testing their mineral products, and stands for "The Real Amino Acid Chelate System". In practical terms for consumers, it is basically a quality control system that guarantees purity and that we are getting these minerals chelated as advertised.

I received a tub of the Tropical Mango Flavor, and also sample packs of most of the other flavors offered. Overall they were all good, and were pretty much spot on tasting like the flavors they were aiming for. The tropical mango was sweet, but not too sweet. The mango was most prominent in there, but also had a hint of orange/citrus. My favorite flavor I tried was probably the pink lemonade, but it is hard to say since I only had a sample of that one. I will probably choose that next time. It had a really nice balance of sweetness and tartness. It seemed the key to maximizing the flavors for each of them was using around 12oz of water, preferably very cold water as others have mentioned, or you can get away with a little more water if you use more than one scoop.

I usually went with one scoop to make the tub stretch, but also played around with 1-1/2 to 2 scoops on a couple of occasions. I never had any issues with mixability even when the water was particularly cold. Sometimes there would be a minimal amount of foam, but I would swish an ounce or two of water in my bottle after I finished it to get the remaining bit.

So how well did this work? Really well, actually! It did everything a BCAA product is expected to do, plus had the added bonus of hydration. I will break this down into categories based on the typical BCAA criteria and the product's label claims for more detail:

Enhanced endurance/performance:
        This is where the product really shined for me. I always seemed to be able to work out slightly harder for longer while taking this, and I had a noticeable decrease in recovery time between sets.

Reduced DOMS:
        This was probably the least noticeable aspect of this product for me, but that could be due to a number of factors such as diet and training variety. I did notice I never got too severely sore while taking this, though, even after I made some changes in my assistance work, which normally causes extra soreness as my body adapts to the new stimulus, so I do feel like this helped somewhat.

Muscle Building/Improved Body Composition:
        It is practically impossible to quantify how much muscle growth would be due to a single product, but I did get stronger and leaned out somewhat while taking this. I had several comments from friends and family about how I was looking bigger/more muscular, and I think this helped. If nothing else, the fact that I was able to push myself harder in the gym probably helped spur a little extra growth, so I'm pretty happy.

Improved Hydration:
        I believe the chelated minerals really helped in this aspect because I rarely felt the need to make extra trips to the water fountain while I was using this. This is actually pretty remarkable for me because I am easily the sweatiest guy in the gym at any given moment. I have always sweated a ridiculous amount compared to most other people (hyperhidrosis), so I pay extra attention to not become too dehydrated during physical activities. This stuff worked much better than sports drinks for me in this respect. It was like a secret weapon to combat dehydration. This was useful for me in the gym, and also when working in the yard at home or in a hot warehouse.

You can find this at various online supplement merchants, with the average price being around $30 with shipping. Amazon currently has it for $29.99 with free shipping for Prime customers. At $1 per serving, this is an excellent deal in my opinion, especially considering the quality of the product and the added hydration benefits of the chelated minerals.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects with this.

Conclusion

Overall, this has been one of the best amino products I have ever tried, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a great BCAA product at a good price! It does everything you would expect from BCAA's, and when you add the hydration factor, it really is tough to beat, especially for the price. Thanks to VMI for giving me the opportunity to try this.
        • Pina Colada: 9/10
        • Pink Lemonade: 10/10
        • Tropical Mango: 9/10

Overall
        Overall
        8.9
        8.9
          September 12, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Improved Hydration
        • Improved Recovery
        • Fully Disclosed
        • Reduced Fatigue
        • Longer Handle Scooper

A solid BCAA supplement from a company that quickly seems to be making a name from itself within the industry, VMI Sports.

Thank you to the people at VMI Sports and SR.com, for the opportunity to try VMI Sports Aminogex Ultra. BCAA's are a staple for me daily via powder form. I drink them intra-workout and once on off days. Literally have tried dozens of different BCAA products over the years, I have my favorites and sometimes I can feel this supplement category working, in terms of recovery.

Why I chose this product:
        This product received some very rave reviews on sr.com, so I was curious to see if it lived up to my expectations, based on my experience. Also, I have never seen a cherry lime Italian ice flavor, so that peaked my interest as well.

Typically, I always look for at least 5grams of BCAA's in my intra-workout supplement. Aminogenex has 7 grams in total.

A fully disclosed/non-proprietary ingredient list.
        Vitamin B6
        Vitamin B12

InstaAminos 7 grams total- I am fine with the 2:1:1 ratio in general. In my experience, I feel with some products I can feel the effectiveness in terms of recovery and reduced muscle soreness
        L-Leucine 3.5 grams -standard dose that I look for as Leucine is known as the "anabolic" trigger
        L-Isoleucine 1.75 grams
        L-Valine 1.75 grams
        Betaine 1.25 grams- average dose here, which is used to increase strength similar to creatine

Various elecotrolytes & muscle recovery items (TRAACS)- These are bonus ingredients for hydration and muscle recovery. The 50mg dosages are rather low. I would like to see these doubled at least. However, they are included and for the price of the product, I probably shouldn't complain.

Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate 400mg
        Potassium Glycinate 50mg
        Magnesium Glycinate 50mg
        Calcium Glycinate 50mg
        Sodium Chloride 50mg

Also, the product has sucralose as its sweetener. I would take that any day over aspartame.

Taste: Ok, taste for an amino supplement is important to me. I personally do not want to be drinking 20-24 ounces of something for an hour,that tastes gross. I received the Cherry Lime Italian ice flavor, although I am of Italian descent, I am not biased which my taste buds. Example, I do not think all pizza tastes good. This flavor was amazing!! One of my favorites. Not overly sweet, refreshing and very enjoyable. I was sad when I finished the tub.

Mixability: Zero issues here. I always mixed it in a shaker, with 20 to 24 ounces of water, on occasion with some ice in the shaker. Very minimal if any residue on the bottom of the shaker.

Dosing: I took once scoop for the duration of the tub and either took it intra-workout on training day or once on my off day.

I will rate the effectiveness via the following categories below, based on the ingredients in this product:

Recovery: About several days into this product is when I noticed my recovery was improving. I train one body part per day and kill it, as a 44 year old aging male, that takes its toll. I noticed I wasn't as tired or worn down physically as I normally would be with other BCAA products, which gave me the energy to add another set or two in the gym. Also, because I train at 4:30am, I didn't have that spent feeling at work, it minimized after each day taking the product.

Muscle Soreness: This is my tell-tale sign that a BCAA product assists in a reduction of DOMS. I skipped legs for a few weeks prior to taking the product and every time I get back to squatting, I am shot for at least several days. My legs are screaming and I am stumbling up and down stairs. I noticed this significantly stopped while on this product for about a week, when I trained legs. It was very noticeable to the point I thought there was something wrong.

Hydration: My hydration isn't the best, I do not drink a lot of water during the day compared to other people. I have dry elbows as a result, and yes I put hydrating lotion each morning. Now although the dryness didn't fully go away, the dryness area was noticeably smaller in size, where I didn't have to use as much lotion. Yes go ahead and insert jokes here, I am being honest.

Only downside, get a longer handle on the scooper!! It was somewhat irritating as the product got down to the bottom.

Right now the product can be purchased at All Star Health for $23.99. That is an excellent value for me, based on the above effectiveness I experienced. That is less than 80 cents per serving.

Side Effects

No side effects experienced with this product

Conclusion

I have to say, I found a new BCAA favorite to add to my top 3!!! This product easily falls in my top 3 based on my experience. Please get a longer handle on that scooper. I would definitely suggest to try this product, I think it absolutely is competitive with my other top BCAA's and I would love to see this company get more recognition for this product.

August 19, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Fully Disclosed
        • 7g BCAA InstAminos
        • Lot Of Flavors
        • Nice Name
        • Nice Colors
        • Interesting Ingredients
        • Moderate Hydration
        • Low Price
        • Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate
        • Only 30 Servings
        • Weak Taste If Not Very Cold Water
        • Hydration Could Be Better

I took days writing this review, weeks if you count that what I was writing got lost twice! It will take you minutes to read my review if you want to read something interesting ;)

INTRODUCTION

Thanks once again to VMI SPORTS for constantly participating in the SR TROOP program and to SupplementReviews for making this connection possible. I lift weights from Monday to Friday, right now, just lifting to preserve and maintain muscle and also reduce my body weight and fat.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

25mg of Vitamin B6 (1250% DV) + 30mcg of Vitamin B12 (500% DV). Good additions but if you take a preworkout that already has these 2 vitamins, then watch out. Maybe the Vitamin B6 is too high considering we usually also get it from other sources.

Then we have 7g of BCAAs (as InstAminos) in a 2:1:1 ratio so it would be (3.5g Leucine, 1.75g Isoleucine and 1.75g Valine). 7g is more than the standard 4-5g so it's great. It's also the patented InstAminos version so even better. Not the biggest fan of the 2:1:1 ratio though. Then we have 1.25g of Betaine. Betaine has a lot of overall and performance benefits and like SR says: "Betaine's major benefits in the body stem from its ability to act as a methyl donor, meaning it can donate one if its methyl groups to another molecule that may be in need to complete a biological process." I like this inclusion of Betaine. It's not the full dose but it's alright, I don't expect full dose on every ingredient. They say they added Betaine for Strength and yes, Betaine is for that but also it works great with Creatine (another ingredient for strength).

Then we got the TRAACS electrolytes (great) + Sodium Chloride (electrolyte) and finally we got 400mg of Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate (MGG). I read 2 studies of this ingredient and the product itself explains what's MGG. They say "it's Glutamine bound to a Magnesium molecule. Glutamine alone is not enough! Magnesium works synergistically for recovery and muscle repair. This powerhouse combination can lead to improved repair and preservation of muscle tissue." They forgot to say it has Glycine too.

They made 2 studies on this ingredient MGG. The first study demonstrated the increase on plasma glutamine levels using only 240mg of Glutamine (stabilized in this new form MGG). And the second study compared the effects on lean body mass of people taking MGG and people taking testosterone as anabolic steroid. Surprisingly, "The participants in the chelate group who were taking the non-steroid anabolic formulation (the magnesium glycyl glutamine chelate) had a mean increase in lean body mass (muscle) of 7.04 pounds (3.2 kg). During that same period, the anabolic steroid group that consumed the testosterone had a mean increase in its lean body mass of 6.6 pounds (3.0 kg)."

If you would like to read the complete information of this ingredient, read it here: https://nvienutrition.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Magnesium-Glycyl-Glutamine-and-Anabolic-Study.pdf Pages 1-5 general info and pages 5-10 is the info of the studies.

My thoughts: Sounds interesting, very interesting but very hard to believe that little amount of Glutamine (even if it's stabilized) and the combination with Magnesium can have so much benefits. The product includes the 400mg used in the study though so that's good.

More information of the product: https://www.vmisports.com/blogs/news/aminogex-ultra-bcaas-lift-longer-grow-stronger and here: https://www.vmisports.com/products/aminogex-ultra-bcaa-powder

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

*TASTE: I requested any of these 3 flavors: Tropical Mango, Pina Colada or Sweet Iced Tea. I received Tropical Mango. I've tried this flavor before, they sent me a sample of this flavor back when I tried their preworkout VMI K-XR and I loved it back then. The thing is when I tried it this time, I was a bit dissapointed because the flavor was "too light" and I like a stronger taste. 1 week and a half before the product was finished, I tried it with very cold water and bam! I nailed it, I finally found how to make the taste be stronger, simply with very cold water. Bad thing was that I only had 1.5 weeks left with the product lol.

Other flavors available: Cherry Lime Italian Ice, Pink Lemonade, Orange Ice Pop, Pina Colada and Sweet Iced Tea. I received 1 sample of Pink Lemonade, Cherry Lime Italian Ice, Pina Colada and Orange Ice Pop. I was able to try Pink Lemonade (8/10), Pina Colada (9/10) and Orange Ice Pop (8/10). I had to give Cherry Lime to someone else (that's the bad thing of opening your package in front of someone else lol) BUT I tried that one also as a sample when they sent me VMI K-XR and back then, I didn't like it.

MIXABILITY: No problems.

DOSING: Feel free to take it anytime you want. Pre-Intra-Post or anytime during the day. I took it as my drink with one of my meals. I know that's not the traditional moment to take it but I was more interested in its muscle building/preservation properties than its performance/strength properties. I did try it 2 or 3 times intra-workout though.

EFFECTIVENESS

I started using VMI Aminogex Ultra (this product) the same day I also started using VMI Protolyte and like I said in that review, the first week was very surprising, I was in shock that after coming back from sickness, I was able to have a week without muscle soreness! But after that week, everything went back to normal. Sometimes taking amino acids with food can make your stomach upset but it wasn't the case with Aminogex Ultra. But where did this idea came from?

Examine.com about Leucine: "The studies assessing Leucine mostly look at muscle protein synthesis when additional Leucine is added to the diet or to a test meal, and it appears that Leucine is able to reliably increase muscle protein synthesis after test meals. Whether this results in more lean mass over a period of time is somewhat less reliable though, and leucine appears to be more effective at promoting gains in muscle in people with lower dietary protein intake(...)"

Also this from the same source: "It tends to be taken either in a fasted state or alongside meals with an inherently low protein content (or protein sources that are low in leucine)." From VMI Sports: "This (taking it in-between meals) can help cause anabolic spikes throughout the day to promote muscle growth by the stimulation of M-TORC1 via Leucine ingestion."

Seeing the benefits of muscle growth and increase on lean body mass because of the ingredients (BCAA, MGG, Betaine) require more time and specific tests that I obviously didn't make. I'm not on caloric deficit but I reduced my calories a lot so my main goal is to preserve/maintain muscle, I know I'm not going to build muscle fast with the calories I'm eating and it got the job done. I tried it 2-3 times intra-workout and couldn't notice much but I honestly didn't pay much attention here. I should try it intra-workout some other moment to perceive the benefits more. Looking at the ingredients, it should work great intra-workout.

About Hydration, I tried it like 3-4 times when I was very thirsty during a normal non-workout day and I wasn't impressed. It worked but only for like an hour. After that hour, I had to go and drink water to control my thirst. It's not completely bad because it worked for some time but it wasn't like I expected.

VALUE

Like other SR users have said here, the product shines here. You can get it on Amazon for $22.85 and $23 but you can't trust the stability of Amazon prices lol, hopefully it stays that way. Other retailers have it for $28.99, $29.99. If it can stay $25 and below, it's going to be great. More than $25 and until $30, it's not the best but it's fair. More than $30, nope, run away.

SIDE EFFECTS

CONCLUSION

Interesting ingredients (especially that MGG ingredient), great profile, nice colors, nice name, delicious tasting flavors, 7g of patented BCAAs (InstAminos), not the full clinical dose of Betaine but extra Betaine is always good news, hydration is there but can be better, does the job. Remember to use very cold water for a more delicious taste.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. If you can sell 30 servings of this product for that price, then making a 60 serving container would be a excellent idea in terms of effectiveness and price. Hope you do it. Remember you also put on the bottle's label that 1x improves endurance and 1x twice is maximum recovery. Making it 60 scoops would allow people to have maximum recovery and still get 30 servings (2 scoops per day).

2. Consider reducing the Vitamin B6 dose, just a little bit. This is powdered form, I don't see the need of having 1250% of DV.
        • Tropical Mango: 8/10
        • Pink Lemonade: 8/10
        • Pina Colada: 9/10
        • Orange Ice Pop: 8/10

August 8, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Improved Hydration
        • Improved Recovery
        • Fully Disclosed
        • Reduced Fatigue
        • Endurance
        • Competitive Price

Great Bcaa product, helps with recovery and hyrdration, I loved it. Thank you VMI for letting me try this, it's a great intra at a great price.

So, I wanted to try a BCAA product, I haven't in a long time, not that I'm against them or anything I just haven't felt the need. I'm just getting back into working out over the last year and when I was younger I never really took any intra workouts so this is kind of new for me, but I seen it offered on here and I looked at all the positive reviews and figured, why not? I'm getting older and trying to lose weight that I put on in the past and when working out these days I do get sore a lot. Sometimes when I'm doing cardio, I don't want to stop and go all the way over to the water fountain so I'll just keep going and get water at the end, but now after taking this product I feel like this had definitely hampered my cardio and I'm regretting not going the BCAA route sooner. I'm gonna try to get more hydration during my workouts as I can see the effect it has on me. I work out a lot these days, and I do cardio once a day, every day, so soreness and overall just feeling fatigued is normal for me.

Ok so it being a BCAA product the first thing we look for on the label is the amount, normally this type product comes in around 5g, that's what most BCAA products you'll find have, or atleast the average. VMI includes 7g in this one, which is great and it's in a 2:1:1 ration. The 2:1:1 ratio is fine by me as I don't think I've ever even tried anything higher, and I found a lot of articles saying higher ratios may actually work against you.

We also have Betaine, dosed at 1.25mg, which I believe is a good amount, I tried to search it and it says to take 1.25-1.5mg twice a day so it's actually right on the mark here for me because I took it twice a day. This is supposed to increase exercise performance and also help with muscle growth. I also see some saying it has several applications in helping heart health.

Next we have TRAACs minerals that help with hydration,

Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate - 400mg

Potassium Glycinate - 50mg

Magnesium Glycinate - 50mg

Calcium Glycinate - 50mg

Sodium Chloride - 50mg

And finally we have vitamins B6 and B12.

This is a great combination and it works well in my opinion.

Another great area for this product is the taste. I received the Cherry Lime Italian Ice flavor, and it is delicious. I love this flavor. It tastes so good I looked forward to it everyday. It also mixed very well, did not leave any residue at the bottom and no foam at all, just shook it up and was good to go. I usually took this twice a day, one scoop in the morning or one scoop at night and then I'd take a scoop while I was working out. It tasted so good I couldn't get enough of it.

This product worked really well for me. A lot of people say you can't really tell how effective a BCAA is but since I haven't taken one in such a long time, I definitely noticed its recovery benefits compared to when I wasn't. I noticed reduced DOMs and also just great hydration benefits. I got sore less but also I noticed that while drinking this during my workout I was more hydrated and that lead to me feeling better and less fatigued in general during my workout. It was a great addition that I welcomed with open arms because I get fatigued a lot and now I know hydration is key. It was really effective, doing what exactly what it claimed and more, nothing to complain about here.

The cheapest I found this was for $24 on amazon with free shipping through prime and I believe that's a really good deal for what you are getting. I think most BCAA products are priced around that range and this one is great quality and it has some extra's. I would purchase this product everytime over others for the price.

Side Effects

No side effects for me while taking this.

Conclusion

It's a great BCAA product and it worked really well for me. It helped me with experiencing less soreness and helped my workouts using it as a intra. It's also at a cheap price and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for something for hydration and recovery. I loved it and I'll most likely buy it. I haven't used a BCAA product in a long time and I can see the difference it makes for me personally so I'll try to add it in whenever I can.
          • Cherry Lime Italian Ice: 10/10

August 1, 2018

Pros:
           Cons:
          • Improved Hydration
          • Improved Recovery
          • Fully Disclosed
          • Reduced Fatigue
          • Competitive Price

A quality BCAA with a robust support profile at an excellent price point. Can't go wrong this option.

As I've written in other reviews, I'm a fan of consistently supplementing BCAAs for overall health and recovery. I try to ensure I'm ingesting 5-10g of BCAAs every morning during my fasted window, regardless of whether I work out or not. I also tend to prefer simpler BCAA products that don't contain prop-blend complexes but do include hydration support. Aminogex checked all those boxes for me so I snapped it up.

Side note - I did stack a second BCAA product, EVLution's Recover Mode, on top of Aminogex for roughly the first two weeks of the tub.

For most of my BCAA supplements, I am primarily concerned with the actual dosing of BCAAs. 5g of essential BCAAs per serving has been clinically proven to be the minimum effective dose for an average-sized human. Aminogex comes in with a solid 7g dose of instantized BCAAs at does meet this mark at a 2:1:1 ratio. I personally don't have a preference when it comes to BCAA ratio, so long as the profile includes at least 1g each of isoleucine and valine.

Aminogex also sports a robust profile of hydration-focused minerals e.g. potassium and magnesium which I very much appreciated. I wouldn't mind higher doses here - I like to see 150mg+ of each of these individual supplements in an intra-workout. That said, these specific ingredients are TRAACS; a specific brand that touts its manufacturing process and the purity and effectiveness of its products.

I requested and received the Orange Ice Pop flavor, which I very much enjoyed. It was a nice subtle orange flavor without any aftertaste or medicinal tinge. Honestly, if anything, it wasn't strong enough. The faint taste was so good it left me wanting to add more than one scoop to my bottle in order to get more flavor.

I generally dosed one scoop per day in 32 oz. ice water and sipped either preworkout or throughout the morning. Mixability was not a problem. No clumping or foaming at all.

I personally can't tell the difference between most BCAA products. I do notice a difference in my general recovery time and the amount of DOMS I experience when I'm taking a BCAA versus when I'm not, but not usually between individual supplements. When running solo, Aminogex was right on par with most other intraworkout products I've reviewed recently: solid recovery, good intra-workout support, and decreased DOMS.

Yes, while running Recover Mode alongside Aminogex I did experience more pronounced recovery benefits. I was getting 7g BCAA intra-workout and another 5g from Recover Mode post-workout, and I definitely felt like my DOMS was as light as it can get. I was dealing with minimal soreness most days and felt refreshed and energized post-workout. RecoverMode is also loaded with electrolytes and minerals, so the combination of those two products was really fantastic.

Most solid BCAA supplements will cost you around .80c per serving. Some of the flashier products with broader ingredient profiles will run you closer to $1.00 per scoop.

AminoAide can be bought on Amazon at $23 for 30 scoops or .76c per serving. I think this is an excellent price point given the 7g of BCAA per scoop (most products are 4-5g), and the solid profile of other vitamins, minerals, and electrolytes. While not as loaded as some products, Intra Blast for example, Aminogex is still pretty stacked. I'd put it on the upper end in terms of overall profile. For under .80c per scoop - this is a great deal.

Side Effects

Conclusion

For the most part I've been impressed with VMI as a brand. In particular I LOVE their AI products - check those out for sure if you've not already done so. Aminogex is another winner in my eyes. This is absolutely worth a look if you're shopping for a new intra-workout product.
            • Orange Ice Pop: 8/10