(Better than 99% in Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA)

Aminogex Ultra is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by VMI Sports. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.
ARTICLES

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

Overall
Overall
8.9
8.9
  September 12, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Hydration
  • Improved Recovery
  • Fully Disclosed
  • Reduced Fatigue
  • Longer Handle Scooper

A solid BCAA supplement from a company that quickly seems to be making a name from itself within the industry, VMI Sports.

Thank you to the people at VMI Sports and SR.com, for the opportunity to try VMI Sports Aminogex Ultra. BCAA's are a staple for me daily via powder form. I drink them intra-workout and once on off days. Literally have tried dozens of different BCAA products over the years, I have my favorites and sometimes I can feel this supplement category working, in terms of recovery.

Why I chose this product:
This product received some very rave reviews on sr.com, so I was curious to see if it lived up to my expectations, based on my experience. Also, I have never seen a cherry lime Italian ice flavor, so that peaked my interest as well.

Typically, I always look for at least 5grams of BCAA's in my intra-workout supplement. Aminogenex has 7 grams in total.

A fully disclosed/non-proprietary ingredient list.
Vitamin B6
Vitamin B12

InstaAminos 7 grams total- I am fine with the 2:1:1 ratio in general. In my experience, I feel with some products I can feel the effectiveness in terms of recovery and reduced muscle soreness
L-Leucine 3.5 grams -standard dose that I look for as Leucine is known as the "anabolic" trigger
L-Isoleucine 1.75 grams
L-Valine 1.75 grams
Betaine 1.25 grams- average dose here, which is used to increase strength similar to creatine

Various elecotrolytes & muscle recovery items (TRAACS)- These are bonus ingredients for hydration and muscle recovery. The 50mg dosages are rather low. I would like to see these doubled at least. However, they are included and for the price of the product, I probably shouldn't complain.

Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate 400mg
Potassium Glycinate 50mg
Magnesium Glycinate 50mg
Calcium Glycinate 50mg
Sodium Chloride 50mg

Also, the product has sucralose as its sweetener. I would take that any day over aspartame.

Taste: Ok, taste for an amino supplement is important to me. I personally do not want to be drinking 20-24 ounces of something for an hour,that tastes gross. I received the Cherry Lime Italian ice flavor, although I am of Italian descent, I am not biased which my taste buds. Example, I do not think all pizza tastes good. This flavor was amazing!! One of my favorites. Not overly sweet, refreshing and very enjoyable. I was sad when I finished the tub.

Mixability: Zero issues here. I always mixed it in a shaker, with 20 to 24 ounces of water, on occasion with some ice in the shaker. Very minimal if any residue on the bottom of the shaker.

Dosing: I took once scoop for the duration of the tub and either took it intra-workout on training day or once on my off day.

I will rate the effectiveness via the following categories below, based on the ingredients in this product:

Recovery: About several days into this product is when I noticed my recovery was improving. I train one body part per day and kill it, as a 44 year old aging male, that takes its toll. I noticed I wasn't as tired or worn down physically as I normally would be with other BCAA products, which gave me the energy to add another set or two in the gym. Also, because I train at 4:30am, I didn't have that spent feeling at work, it minimized after each day taking the product.

Muscle Soreness: This is my tell-tale sign that a BCAA product assists in a reduction of DOMS. I skipped legs for a few weeks prior to taking the product and every time I get back to squatting, I am shot for at least several days. My legs are screaming and I am stumbling up and down stairs. I noticed this significantly stopped while on this product for about a week, when I trained legs. It was very noticeable to the point I thought there was something wrong.

Hydration: My hydration isn't the best, I do not drink a lot of water during the day compared to other people. I have dry elbows as a result, and yes I put hydrating lotion each morning. Now although the dryness didn't fully go away, the dryness area was noticeably smaller in size, where I didn't have to use as much lotion. Yes go ahead and insert jokes here, I am being honest.

Only downside, get a longer handle on the scooper!! It was somewhat irritating as the product got down to the bottom.

Right now the product can be purchased at All Star Health for $23.99. That is an excellent value for me, based on the above effectiveness I experienced. That is less than 80 cents per serving.

Side Effects

No side effects experienced with this product

Conclusion

I have to say, I found a new BCAA favorite to add to my top 3!!! This product easily falls in my top 3 based on my experience. Please get a longer handle on that scooper. I would definitely suggest to try this product, I think it absolutely is competitive with my other top BCAA's and I would love to see this company get more recognition for this product.
  • Cherry Lime Italian Ice: 9/10

Other Prices:
A1Supplements   $28.95
VMI Sports   $37.99

August 19, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduced Fatigue
  • 7g BCAA InstAminos
  • Lot Of Flavors
  • Nice Name
  • Nice Colors
  • Interesting Ingredients
  • Moderate Hydration
  • Low Price
  • Only 30 Servings
  • Weak Taste If Not Very Cold Water
  • Hydration Could Be Better

I took days writing this review, weeks if you count that what I was writing got lost twice! It will take you minutes to read my review if you want to read something interesting ;)

INTRODUCTION

Thanks once again to VMI SPORTS for constantly participating in the SR TROOP program and to SupplementReviews for making this connection possible. I lift weights from Monday to Friday, right now, just lifting to preserve and maintain muscle and also reduce my body weight and fat.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

25mg of Vitamin B6 (1250% DV) + 30mcg of Vitamin B12 (500% DV). Good additions but if you take a preworkout that already has these 2 vitamins, then watch out. Maybe the Vitamin B6 is too high considering we usually also get it from other sources.

Then we have 7g of BCAAs (as InstAminos) in a 2:1:1 ratio so it would be (3.5g Leucine, 1.75g Isoleucine and 1.75g Valine). 7g is more than the standard 4-5g so it's great. It's also the patented InstAminos version so even better. Not the biggest fan of the 2:1:1 ratio though. Then we have 1.25g of Betaine. Betaine has a lot of overall and performance benefits and like SR says: "Betaine's major benefits in the body stem from its ability to act as a methyl donor, meaning it can donate one if its methyl groups to another molecule that may be in need to complete a biological process." I like this inclusion of Betaine. It's not the full dose but it's alright, I don't expect full dose on every ingredient. They say they added Betaine for Strength and yes, Betaine is for that but also it works great with Creatine (another ingredient for strength).

Then we got the TRAACS electrolytes (great) + Sodium Chloride (electrolyte) and finally we got 400mg of Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate (MGG). I read 2 studies of this ingredient and the product itself explains what's MGG. They say "it's Glutamine bound to a Magnesium molecule. Glutamine alone is not enough! Magnesium works synergistically for recovery and muscle repair. This powerhouse combination can lead to improved repair and preservation of muscle tissue." They forgot to say it has Glycine too.

They made 2 studies on this ingredient MGG. The first study demonstrated the increase on plasma glutamine levels using only 240mg of Glutamine (stabilized in this new form MGG). And the second study compared the effects on lean body mass of people taking MGG and people taking testosterone as anabolic steroid. Surprisingly, "The participants in the chelate group who were taking the non-steroid anabolic formulation (the magnesium glycyl glutamine chelate) had a mean increase in lean body mass (muscle) of 7.04 pounds (3.2 kg). During that same period, the anabolic steroid group that consumed the testosterone had a mean increase in its lean body mass of 6.6 pounds (3.0 kg)."

If you would like to read the complete information of this ingredient, read it here: https://nvienutrition.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Magnesium-Glycyl-Glutamine-and-Anabolic-Study.pdf Pages 1-5 general info and pages 5-10 is the info of the studies.

My thoughts: Sounds interesting, very interesting but very hard to believe that little amount of Glutamine (even if it's stabilized) and the combination with Magnesium can have so much benefits. The product includes the 400mg used in the study though so that's good.

More information of the product: https://www.vmisports.com/blogs/news/aminogex-ultra-bcaas-lift-longer-grow-stronger and here: https://www.vmisports.com/products/aminogex-ultra-bcaa-powder

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

*TASTE: I requested any of these 3 flavors: Tropical Mango, Pina Colada or Sweet Iced Tea. I received Tropical Mango. I've tried this flavor before, they sent me a sample of this flavor back when I tried their preworkout VMI K-XR and I loved it back then. The thing is when I tried it this time, I was a bit dissapointed because the flavor was "too light" and I like a stronger taste. 1 week and a half before the product was finished, I tried it with very cold water and bam! I nailed it, I finally found how to make the taste be stronger, simply with very cold water. Bad thing was that I only had 1.5 weeks left with the product lol.

Other flavors available: Cherry Lime Italian Ice, Pink Lemonade, Orange Ice Pop, Pina Colada and Sweet Iced Tea. I received 1 sample of Pink Lemonade, Cherry Lime Italian Ice, Pina Colada and Orange Ice Pop. I was able to try Pink Lemonade (8/10), Pina Colada (9/10) and Orange Ice Pop (8/10). I had to give Cherry Lime to someone else (that's the bad thing of opening your package in front of someone else lol) BUT I tried that one also as a sample when they sent me VMI K-XR and back then, I didn't like it.

MIXABILITY: No problems.

DOSING: Feel free to take it anytime you want. Pre-Intra-Post or anytime during the day. I took it as my drink with one of my meals. I know that's not the traditional moment to take it but I was more interested in its muscle building/preservation properties than its performance/strength properties. I did try it 2 or 3 times intra-workout though.

EFFECTIVENESS

I started using VMI Aminogex Ultra (this product) the same day I also started using VMI Protolyte and like I said in that review, the first week was very surprising, I was in shock that after coming back from sickness, I was able to have a week without muscle soreness! But after that week, everything went back to normal. Sometimes taking amino acids with food can make your stomach upset but it wasn't the case with Aminogex Ultra. But where did this idea came from?

Examine.com about Leucine: "The studies assessing Leucine mostly look at muscle protein synthesis when additional Leucine is added to the diet or to a test meal, and it appears that Leucine is able to reliably increase muscle protein synthesis after test meals. Whether this results in more lean mass over a period of time is somewhat less reliable though, and leucine appears to be more effective at promoting gains in muscle in people with lower dietary protein intake(...)"

Also this from the same source: "It tends to be taken either in a fasted state or alongside meals with an inherently low protein content (or protein sources that are low in leucine)." From VMI Sports: "This (taking it in-between meals) can help cause anabolic spikes throughout the day to promote muscle growth by the stimulation of M-TORC1 via Leucine ingestion."

Seeing the benefits of muscle growth and increase on lean body mass because of the ingredients (BCAA, MGG, Betaine) require more time and specific tests that I obviously didn't make. I'm not on caloric deficit but I reduced my calories a lot so my main goal is to preserve/maintain muscle, I know I'm not going to build muscle fast with the calories I'm eating and it got the job done. I tried it 2-3 times intra-workout and couldn't notice much but I honestly didn't pay much attention here. I should try it intra-workout some other moment to perceive the benefits more. Looking at the ingredients, it should work great intra-workout.

About Hydration, I tried it like 3-4 times when I was very thirsty during a normal non-workout day and I wasn't impressed. It worked but only for like an hour. After that hour, I had to go and drink water to control my thirst. It's not completely bad because it worked for some time but it wasn't like I expected.

VALUE

Like other SR users have said here, the product shines here. You can get it on Amazon for $22.85 and $23 but you can't trust the stability of Amazon prices lol, hopefully it stays that way. Other retailers have it for $28.99, $29.99. If it can stay $25 and below, it's going to be great. More than $25 and until $30, it's not the best but it's fair. More than $30, nope, run away.

SIDE EFFECTS

CONCLUSION

Interesting ingredients (especially that MGG ingredient), great profile, nice colors, nice name, delicious tasting flavors, 7g of patented BCAAs (InstAminos), not the full clinical dose of Betaine but extra Betaine is always good news, hydration is there but can be better, does the job. Remember to use very cold water for a more delicious taste.

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. If you can sell 30 servings of this product for that price, then making a 60 serving container would be a excellent idea in terms of effectiveness and price. Hope you do it. Remember you also put on the bottle's label that 1x improves endurance and 1x twice is maximum recovery. Making it 60 scoops would allow people to have maximum recovery and still get 30 servings (2 scoops per day).

2. Consider reducing the Vitamin B6 dose, just a little bit. This is powdered form, I don't see the need of having 1250% of DV.
  • Tropical Mango: 8/10
  • Pink Lemonade: 8/10
  • Pina Colada: 9/10

Other Prices:
A1Supplements   $28.95
VMI Sports   $37.99

August 8, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Recovery
  • Improved Hydration
  • Reduced Fatigue
  • Competitive Price

Great Bcaa product, helps with recovery and hyrdration, I loved it. Thank you VMI for letting me try this, it's a great intra at a great price.

So, I wanted to try a BCAA product, I haven't in a long time, not that I'm against them or anything I just haven't felt the need. I'm just getting back into working out over the last year and when I was younger I never really took any intra workouts so this is kind of new for me, but I seen it offered on here and I looked at all the positive reviews and figured, why not? I'm getting older and trying to lose weight that I put on in the past and when working out these days I do get sore a lot. Sometimes when I'm doing cardio, I don't want to stop and go all the way over to the water fountain so I'll just keep going and get water at the end, but now after taking this product I feel like this had definitely hampered my cardio and I'm regretting not going the BCAA route sooner. I'm gonna try to get more hydration during my workouts as I can see the effect it has on me. I work out a lot these days, and I do cardio once a day, every day, so soreness and overall just feeling fatigued is normal for me.

Ok so it being a BCAA product the first thing we look for on the label is the amount, normally this type product comes in around 5g, that's what most BCAA products you'll find have, or atleast the average. VMI includes 7g in this one, which is great and it's in a 2:1:1 ration. The 2:1:1 ratio is fine by me as I don't think I've ever even tried anything higher, and I found a lot of articles saying higher ratios may actually work against you.

We also have Betaine, dosed at 1.25mg, which I believe is a good amount, I tried to search it and it says to take 1.25-1.5mg twice a day so it's actually right on the mark here for me because I took it twice a day. This is supposed to increase exercise performance and also help with muscle growth. I also see some saying it has several applications in helping heart health.

Next we have TRAACs minerals that help with hydration,

Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate - 400mg

Potassium Glycinate - 50mg

Magnesium Glycinate - 50mg

Calcium Glycinate - 50mg

Sodium Chloride - 50mg

And finally we have vitamins B6 and B12.

This is a great combination and it works well in my opinion.

Another great area for this product is the taste. I received the Cherry Lime Italian Ice flavor, and it is delicious. I love this flavor. It tastes so good I looked forward to it everyday. It also mixed very well, did not leave any residue at the bottom and no foam at all, just shook it up and was good to go. I usually took this twice a day, one scoop in the morning or one scoop at night and then I'd take a scoop while I was working out. It tasted so good I couldn't get enough of it.

This product worked really well for me. A lot of people say you can't really tell how effective a BCAA is but since I haven't taken one in such a long time, I definitely noticed its recovery benefits compared to when I wasn't. I noticed reduced DOMs and also just great hydration benefits. I got sore less but also I noticed that while drinking this during my workout I was more hydrated and that lead to me feeling better and less fatigued in general during my workout. It was a great addition that I welcomed with open arms because I get fatigued a lot and now I know hydration is key. It was really effective, doing what exactly what it claimed and more, nothing to complain about here.

The cheapest I found this was for $24 on amazon with free shipping through prime and I believe that's a really good deal for what you are getting. I think most BCAA products are priced around that range and this one is great quality and it has some extra's. I would purchase this product everytime over others for the price.

Side Effects

No side effects for me while taking this.

Conclusion

It's a great BCAA product and it worked really well for me. It helped me with experiencing less soreness and helped my workouts using it as a intra. It's also at a cheap price and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for something for hydration and recovery. I loved it and I'll most likely buy it. I haven't used a BCAA product in a long time and I can see the difference it makes for me personally so I'll try to add it in whenever I can.
    • Cherry Lime Italian Ice: 10/10

August 1, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improved Hydration
    • Improved Recovery
    • Fully Disclosed
    • Reduced Fatigue
    • Competitive Price

A quality BCAA with a robust support profile at an excellent price point. Can't go wrong this option.

As I've written in other reviews, I'm a fan of consistently supplementing BCAAs for overall health and recovery. I try to ensure I'm ingesting 5-10g of BCAAs every morning during my fasted window, regardless of whether I work out or not. I also tend to prefer simpler BCAA products that don't contain prop-blend complexes but do include hydration support. Aminogex checked all those boxes for me so I snapped it up.

Side note - I did stack a second BCAA product, EVLution's Recover Mode, on top of Aminogex for roughly the first two weeks of the tub.

For most of my BCAA supplements, I am primarily concerned with the actual dosing of BCAAs. 5g of essential BCAAs per serving has been clinically proven to be the minimum effective dose for an average-sized human. Aminogex comes in with a solid 7g dose of instantized BCAAs at does meet this mark at a 2:1:1 ratio. I personally don't have a preference when it comes to BCAA ratio, so long as the profile includes at least 1g each of isoleucine and valine.

Aminogex also sports a robust profile of hydration-focused minerals e.g. potassium and magnesium which I very much appreciated. I wouldn't mind higher doses here - I like to see 150mg+ of each of these individual supplements in an intra-workout. That said, these specific ingredients are TRAACS; a specific brand that touts its manufacturing process and the purity and effectiveness of its products.

I requested and received the Orange Ice Pop flavor, which I very much enjoyed. It was a nice subtle orange flavor without any aftertaste or medicinal tinge. Honestly, if anything, it wasn't strong enough. The faint taste was so good it left me wanting to add more than one scoop to my bottle in order to get more flavor.

I generally dosed one scoop per day in 32 oz. ice water and sipped either preworkout or throughout the morning. Mixability was not a problem. No clumping or foaming at all.

I personally can't tell the difference between most BCAA products. I do notice a difference in my general recovery time and the amount of DOMS I experience when I'm taking a BCAA versus when I'm not, but not usually between individual supplements. When running solo, Aminogex was right on par with most other intraworkout products I've reviewed recently: solid recovery, good intra-workout support, and decreased DOMS.

Yes, while running Recover Mode alongside Aminogex I did experience more pronounced recovery benefits. I was getting 7g BCAA intra-workout and another 5g from Recover Mode post-workout, and I definitely felt like my DOMS was as light as it can get. I was dealing with minimal soreness most days and felt refreshed and energized post-workout. RecoverMode is also loaded with electrolytes and minerals, so the combination of those two products was really fantastic.

Most solid BCAA supplements will cost you around .80c per serving. Some of the flashier products with broader ingredient profiles will run you closer to $1.00 per scoop.

AminoAide can be bought on Amazon at $23 for 30 scoops or .76c per serving. I think this is an excellent price point given the 7g of BCAA per scoop (most products are 4-5g), and the solid profile of other vitamins, minerals, and electrolytes. While not as loaded as some products, Intra Blast for example, Aminogex is still pretty stacked. I'd put it on the upper end in terms of overall profile. For under .80c per scoop - this is a great deal.

Side Effects

Conclusion

For the most part I've been impressed with VMI as a brand. In particular I LOVE their AI products - check those out for sure if you've not already done so. Aminogex is another winner in my eyes. This is absolutely worth a look if you're shopping for a new intra-workout product.

Overall
      Overall
      9.2
      9.5
        July 26, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Improved Recovery
      • Improved Hydration
      • Reduced Fatigue
      • Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate
      • Endurance
      • Fully Disclosed

What up SR familia! Shout out to SR and VMI again! VMI keeps climbing up the charts for top brands. BCAA drinks have really become a staple in my workout regime so after trying this from a sample when i picked up another VMI supplement, I wanted to give their Aminogex Ultra a full try.

Let's start of saying a fully disclosed label. ZERO!Sugar and NO Aspartame!@
        25mg of B6 and 30mcg of B12. 7g of Instantized BCAA's. (3.5g of Leucine, 1.75g of Isoleucine, 1.75g of Valine.
        1.25g of Betaine
        400mg of Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate
        TRAACS - are organic minerals that absorb better than non-organic minerals.
        50mg of each - Potassium Glycinate, Magnesium Glycinate, Calcium Glycinate
        50mg of Sodium Chloride

Dosing is 1 scoop with 8-16oz of water. You can use 2 scoops if you'd like and it is meant to take before, during, or after a workout. Also in between meals on non-workout days. I typically took this while working out and as an extra drink sometimes during the afternoon. Mixability was great, no clumps, grains or extra powder floating around on top. As for taste, i received the Sweet Iced Tea. I was unsure of how good it would be and it was very pleased with it. It's not your momma's sugary iced tea but it's right up there with it. It's definitely a nice change of pace from all the usual flavors.

As for effectiveness, BCAA drinks are almost as hard to judge as protein powders but you are still able to notice a few things. What i noticed was feeling refreshed while working out, and felt less fatigued. Importantly, my DOMS decreased. I also drank this after playing basketball and the next morning i felt less sore as well. As i get older, the less sore feeling becomes more and more important so any help i can get I will take!

As for value, I found it for $24 online. I think that is a very reasonable price and just slightly under what most BCAA drinks are at. For the quality of what you are getting, I think its a great purchase price.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while taking this.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I think VMI put out another excellent product. If you are looking for a new BCAA drink, i highly recommend you check out the Aminogex Ultra. I think I will be trying out the Pink Lemonade next.

June 19, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Improved Recovery
        • Improved Hydration
        • Reduced Fatigue
        • Low Price

A very inexpensive amino acid product that ensures maximum hydration and recovery through registered ingredients and added electrolytes.

I want to thank VMI Sports for this opportunity.

I usually go for all 9, but BCAA's are still a blessing. Plus, this had some added benefits.

After trying their Major Mass and needing aminos, I decided to give this a try.

-Vitamin B6 - 25mg
          -Vitamin B12 - 30mcg

-Instantized BCAA's (InstAminos) @ 7g:

Leucine - 3.5g
          Isoleucine - 1.75g
          Valine - 1.75g

*shoutout to Compound Solutions! And 7g is a great dose.

-Betaine - 1.25g
          *this is a great addition to enhance hydration.

-Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate (MGG by Albion) - 400mg

-Potassium Glycinate (TRAACS by Albion) - 50mg

-Magnesium Glycinate (TRAACS by Albion) - 50mg

-Calcium Glycinate (TRAACS by Albion) - 50mg

-Sodium Chloride 50mg

*Everything after Glutamine are electrolytes to ensure hydration and recovery. They are registered ingredients to ensure maximum effectiveness. I like that they are included, I lack electrolytes in my life from time to time. Electrolytes are very important and I'm glad VMI advocates that. Dehydration is a no no.

Taste - I chose Orange Ice Pop. I enjoy that flavor in general. This tasted like it, but with a slight faint. It wasn't very strong and that's okay. It tasted great overall. They gave me samples and I will say the Pink Lemonade is something I would choose next.

Mixability - It mixed just fine. Nothing to worry about. Shake and drink.

Dosing - this is individual based, but we all have 30 servings to work with. I usually do 3 scoops a day. I took my time with this as I wasn't in a rush.

It works. It gets the job done. I feel they all do. It's tough to say if something is better than another. I will say this is a diverse amino product that is highly geared towards hydration. It definitely made me feel replenished allowing me to keep moving forward. One cannot recover solely on amino acids, but this was helpful during my recovery process. I was able to balance my electrolytes, become less fatigued, and maintain protein synthesis.

I give this a 10/10 because it provided what's needed for me to help build muscle and recover optimally.

The lowest I see is $23.99 @ allstarhealth.com. That's a ridiculous good price for 30 servings of 7g aminos, some betaine, special glutamine, and electrolytes. Like, so good. I feel it actually could pass for being more expensive due to the registered sources, but either way this is a great value.

Side Effects

Nothing at all. No headaches. No stomach issues. No diarrhea. All good.

Conclusion

For the price, this makes it one of my top choices. They are providing what's needed to ensure optimal recovery at a low price. It tastes great and I highly recommend it for the ones that want to maximize hydration/recovery.
          • Orange Ice Pop: 10/10

June 18, 2018

Pros:
           Cons:
          • Improved Hydration
          • Improved Recovery
          • Fully Disclosed
          • Reduced Fatigue
          • Endurance
          • Taste
          • Price

One of the best BCAA formulas I've seen for the price point.

What is going on guys? I have another BCAA review for you today. I claimed this product because of the reputable VMI brand and the good looking label! I'd like to thank all the people at SR and VMI for making this review possible. Let's dive right in.

Highlights:
            7g of BCAAs
            (3.5g Leucine, 1.75g isoleucine, 1.75g Valine)
            1.25g of Betaine
            25mg of Vitamin B12

Right off the bat you notice that this product uses 7g of BCAAs as opposed to the traditional 5g per serving. I love this and wish that more companies went higher than the normal 5g dose. They also include a big dose of vitamin B6 and added in things like potassium, magnesium, sodium chloride, and calcium glycinate. The 'star' of this product is clearly the BCAAs and when I'm looking for a BCAA product that's really all that I care about! However, the addition of betaine which is a very underrated supplement in my opinion is a great add on. Betaine works to help improve overall strength throughout the course of your workout.

Taste: Pink Lemonade was very very good. This is one of the better tasting supplements I've used. It really tastes like pink crystal light lemonade!

Mixibility: Never had any problems, mixed with 8 ounces of water (or a full shaker bottle)

Dosage: 1 serving pre-workout or intraworkout was my usual dosage. I did use 2 servings in a day twice to see if there was more of an impact but I felt no real difference from the 1 serving. Because there was 7g of BCAAs in this product I saw no real reason to increase my dosage regularly. One serving was enough to meet my needs.

One serving was effective at decreasing my DOMs pretty significantly. I wasn't nearly as sore as I was before and I felt like my recovery time was faster and more efficient while using this product. I never felt dehydrated during my workouts while I was taking this as an intra, kudos to VMI for nailing the hydration aspect of this product. When I'm looking at effectiveness for a BCAA/Intra product I'm really just looking at recovery and muscle soreness. Both of these things were significantly improved during my trial with the product. I was able to train more intensely for longer due to the multiple benefits and wake up the next morning feeling pretty refreshed.

You can currently get this on AllStarHealth.com for around $24 which I think is a GREAT price for a BCAA product with 7g of BCAAs. 80 cents a serving is more than reasonable for the recovery benefits that I experienced.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a really good BCAA/Intra product for good price! I would highly recommend it.

June 12, 2018

Pros:
             Cons:
            • Improved Hydration
            • Improved Recovery
            • Fully Disclosed
            • Reduced Fatigue
            • Endurance
            • Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate
            • Artificial Dyes

Aminogex Ultra is a solid BCAA product that not only helps with recovery and hydration but also tastes great. The only negatives to be found are the artificial dyes and price point.

I was looking for a BCAA product to try since I'm in the middle of the calorie-restricted phase of my recomp plan. Having had overall success with VMI's products, I figured I would look at their Aminogex Ultra. When I saw the profile, and that they offered a mango flavor, I knew I had to try it.

8.5/10
            Aminogex Ultra contains 7 grams of BCAAs in a 2:1:1 ratio. This is my preferred ratio (its also the one most backed by science) and anything above 5 grams per scoop/serving is noteworthy as most BCAA products on the market offer 5 grams per scoop/serving. BCAAs help with recovery, endurance, and sparing muscle during calorie restricted periods.

There also a few added goodies in addition to the BCAAs (the mainstay of the product). The "goodies" are 600mgs of TRAACS minerals for hydration, Vitamins B6 and Vitamin B12, and 1.25 grams of Betaine. VMI uses TRAACS in a lot of their products, including their Protolyte, to promote proper hydration and with their other products that I have used I have found them to be very effective at it. I always like it when BCAA supplements include electrolytes because they are often used intra-workout when proper hydration is paramount. The inclusion of betaine, albeit at half the efficacious dose (although it is dosed optimally here as you should split the dose according to Examine), is nice to see as well. Betaine has cardio-protective and hydration benefits but it is likely included in Aminogex Ultra for its purported strength and endurance benefits. Finally, while B vitamins are always welcome, I personally get more than enough and don't notice any serious benefit from them.

There is not much more you could ask from a BCAA supplement. Of course there are extra "goodies" one may want like creatine, L-Citrulline, Taurine, Astragin, etc., but those are merely extras and not the mainstay of a BCAA product. That being said, I think creatine would be a good inclusion along with the existing betaine and L-Citrulline or Agmatine would be good for increased blood flow. Taurine would also help with hydration. Adding any or all of these could really make this profile stand out and break past a 8.5 rating.

My only qualm with this profile is the use of artificial dyes. I don't believe they are necessary and if dyes are desired then just use a naturally-derived dye.

I received the Mango flavor as well as some sample packets for the Pink Lemonade flavor and others (but I only really remember the Pink Lemonade flavor). Both were delicious, the mango was not too sweet and the pink lemonade was not too tart. Mixability was fine - I never had any grit at the bottom of my cup or anything of that nature.

I usually dosed this at 1 scoop intra-workout or pre-workout if I was using a carb supplement intra-workout. Additionally, I later wound up taking a scoop towards the end of the work day to hold me over until my gym session and subsequent dinner. I almost always added pure LCLT powder (2 grams) to this serving but occasionally I would forget and add it to the intra/pre-workout serving. On off days, I would just have 1 scoop at some point during the day and add in LCLT. I always mixed 1 scoop with 16-20oz of water after I found that the flavoring stayed consistent at multiple liquid levels (8-20oz).

8.5/10
            My experience with Aminogex Ultra was in line with what I have come to expect from most well-dosed BCAA supplements. Recovery, especially during my low-calorie days, was enhanced. I saw my DOMS/recovery time decrease by 1-2 days. It is worth nothing that about about a week or so into using Aminogex Ultra, I started taking arimistane which has contributed to me PRing every week since starting. Despite the continual increase in my workload at the gym, my recovery was always cut down by a day or so. That's exactly what I have come to expect from properly dosed BCAA supplements.

Additionally, I saw a small uptick in my endurance in the gym. Cardio felt a little easier, but more noticeably, I felt like I could push through my longer workouts a bit easier. I don't attribute all of this to Aminogex Ultra alone but I think it played some role. I typically measure endurance in terms of how cardio feels (usually in relation to minutes/time) but this time I noticed that my workouts flew by (felt no longer than 1 hour) despite being about 1.5-2hrs long. While carb supplements, arimistane, and even epicatechin likely contributed to this, I firmly believe that Aminogex Ultra played a part too. Perhaps it had something to do with maintaining proper hydration.

To that end, my hydration was on point while I was using this product. I've been actively working on drinking more water and fluids in general but I'm also taking a lot of different supplements that require greater fluid intake so proper hydration has never been more important to me. Taking 1-2 servings within 2 hours of working out (including during my workout) kept me perfectly hydrated and ready to tackle my workout for the day. In contrast, when I am dehydrated, I lose strength and feel extremely lethargic and thirsty; I never once felt like that around the times I would consume Aminogex Ultra. Using both the urine [color] test and the "I don't have the usual symptoms of dehydration" test, I can say with certainty that this product helped me stay hydrated. Was it the sole factor in me staying hydrated? No; my increased fluid intake definitely played a role. Did this have a noticeable positive effect? Yes.

Aminogex Ultra can be found at a few online retailers for about $30 with S&H. The best all-inclusive price I have found so far is on Amazon Prime for $29.97 for a 30 serving container. That's almost $1/serving. It is worth noting that AllStarHealth sells this for $23.99 and a few flavors on Amazon are $24.99. That brings the price per serving down to $0.80 and $0.83 respectively. However, All Starr charges $5.95 S&H so a single-product purchase here is not significantly better than buying from Amazon. Similarly, you are stuck paying more if you want some flavors, like the mango I tried. Even at the $0.80-$0.83 price point, this is a bit pricey. I would like to see this a lot closer to $0.67 a serving to make this more competitive. Additionally, this needs to be more readily available at more retailers. There are plenty of deals to be had in this product category if you just take the time to look and the somewhat limited availability and rather high pricepoint is doing no favors to an otherwise great product.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while taking Aminogex Ultra.

Conclusion

8.1/10
            I get to an 8.1/10 by averaging the Ingredient Profile, Taste/Mixability/Dosing, Effectiveness, and Value sections to get an 8.325/10. I then rounded down to a 8.0/10 to account for the greater weight I place on the Value section's rating. There are too many BCAA deals to be had to not give this more weight. I then gave it an extra 0.1 because the mango flavor was delicious and 1) mango is an easy flavor to mess up 2) flavoring is extremely important for BCAA products. I feel that this 8.1 rating accurately reflects my sentiments towards Aminogex Ultra. It is a great product that just makes the cut because its relatively poor value holds it back. All this being said, I recommend giving this product a chance if you can afford it, and like with VMI's Protolyte, I have already recommended this to one of my best friends looking for a BCAA product.
            • Pink Lemonade: 9/10
            • Tropical Mango: 9/10

June 8, 2018

Pros:
             Cons:
            • Improved Hydration
            • Improved Recovery
            • Fully Disclosed
            • Artificial Dyes

Big thanks to VMI Sports for once again giving me an opportunity to review one of their supplements. I've done a few reviews for VMI Sports and they've grown on me quite a bit - so far I've enjoyed the supps I've used. Training in my garage gym here in Florida it can get pretty warm so I like to stay hydrated with BCAAs & Electrolytes. I've done quite a few intra workout reviews these past few months and Aminogex Ultra ranks high up there.

The ingredient profile features a transparent label of research backed ingredients. First off are two B Vitamins: 25mg of B6 & 30mcg B12. These vitamins are water soluble and help with maintaining a number of body functions. Next you get 7g of Instanized BCAAs (InstAminos) at a 2:1:1 (Common) ratio - 3.5g Leucine, 1.75g Isoleucine, 1.75g Valine. As most of you know BCAAs are building blocks of protein and help combat catabolism.

VMI Sports added 1.75g of Betaine (TMG) works like creatine (enhances strength/power). Next there is 400mg Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate a different form of Glutamine used to accelerate recovery. Finally there are four ingredients listed at 50mg each (TRAACS) Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium, Sodium Chloride which are all electrolytes.

Taste - I requested the Orange Ice Pop flavor which is one of six flavors currently available. Orange is my favorite flavor and this did not disappoint whatsoever. It had the taste of an orange popsicle and ranks up there in the top 3 flavors I've had for any supplement.

Mixability - No issues and mixed smoothly - I only mixed with water but I'm sure you can mix with juice or a sports drink.

Dosing - I used AminoGex as an intra-workout: I mixed one scoop with 20 oz of water and sipped on while training. On non-training days I had the same setup but i sipped on it through out the day.

In terms of effectiveness this ranks as one of the better intra-workout supplements I've used in a long time. Not only was AminoGex Ultra effective but it also tasted great. To grade effectiveness I'll use a few different categories:

Recovery 8.5/10 - I felt as if my recovery time was accelerated and allowed me to train harder. Muscles were less sore days following training sessions and there was a decrease in DOMs.

Hydration/Performance 9/10 - I combined these two because they go hand-in-hand with how I train. During my training cycle I reduced rest times to around 1 min between sets. This had a cardio like effect on my performance so I was able to continue training getting more work in less time. My hydration levels were increased - no signs of dehydration as my garage can reach temps of around 105 or so.

Strength 8.5/10 - As I was able to train harder in a much shorter time I felt like I was getting stronger with cardio/power. I did set some PRs on my compound lifts and feel like AminoGex Ultra helped some in that regard.

The cheapest value I found was on AllStarHealth.com for around $24 (30 servings). This is a great all around value for an Intra/Recovery product that is effective & tastes great. VMI Sports sells tubs on their website for around $38 per tub. If you've served in the military they have a discount which is a nice touch.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion Aminogex Ultra is a solid intra/post workout supplement that gives you an increase with.... recovery, hydration, performance, strength. I would recommend this product for its effectiveness-price-taste basically this has it all. I'll definitely be purchasing a few tubs and try out some of their other flavors. Once again I want to thank VMI Sports for participating in the SR TROOP Program.
            • Orange Ice Pop: 9/10

June 3, 2018

Pros:
             Cons:
            • Improved Recovery
            • Improved Hydration
            • Reduced Fatigue
            • Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate
            • Taste
            • Endurance
            • Fully Disclosed

BCAA's, hydration, and reduction of DOMS. What more could you ask for from an Amino product? VMI delivers big with this one.

I love BCAA's. They are really the one thing that keeps me alive with my workouts on top of a full days work. There is no way I could keep doing what I do if I was suffering from extreme muscle soreness or dehydration. Thanks to VMI for letting me try Aminogex Ultra, which came in handy more often than not over the past month of use. This product really kept me going when I needed it most, and as you read on you will understand why.

So for starters, this is a clean transparent label provided by VMI:

Ingredient Amount

Potassium Glycinate (TRAACS by Albion) 50mg
              Magnesium Glycinate (TRAACS by Albion) 50mg
              Calcium Glycinate (TRAACS by Albion) 50mg
              Sodium Chloride 50mg

So some interesting facts about these ingredients besides possibly looking pedestrian are what they chose to include and why.

The first one I want to highlight is the B12 in the form of methylcobalamin. Methylcobalamin is essential for the body to recycle homocysteine and to form the internal methyl donors involved in cardiovascular function, sleep, blood cell formation, and nerve function.* Most vitamin B12 supplements contain cyanocobalamin; however, the liver must first "detoxify" the cyanide molecule in cyanocobalamin and then attach a methyl group to form methylcobalamin.

While this is a simple ingredient and is in most products we use, the fact that they go the extra mile and use this form is just another shining moment for this product.

this product also includes electrolytes for hydration in the form of TRAACS by Albion. This consist of Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium, and Sodium. These are essential to the body for normal function. After watching my wife be hospitalized for electrolytes imbalance, it just hammered home on how important proper electrolyte maintenance really is. Most of us go hard in the gym whether that means, cross-fit, bro lifting, powerlifting or cardio, and we destroy our electrolyte levels, and this will help prevent that.

I requested the Orange Ice Pop flavor and was it ever spot on. Some of the criticism that I have seen with this product is people have said that the flavor is not strong enough or bland. I will agree, that the flavor is not overwhelming, however, an orange popsicle isn't the strongest flavor. With that being said, the flavor is very clean and refreshing, as opposed to sour and giving you a sense of dry mouth. For me, that is a win especially if you are really killing it.

The mixability was fantastic, it had very little foaming and mixed with ease. Yes over the course of consumption you will have to give it a shake every now and then, but that is standard with almost every BCCA product.

Dosing for me was 1 scoop (11.2g) to 32oz of water in my Nalgene bottle. I would consume this during my workout rather than before or after.

So in the realm of effectiveness, this was a real winner. Over the past 2 months, I have not had the appropriate time needed to really work on my cardio in preparation for my military PT test due to some personal issues. So what that means was me walking onto a track being ill-prepared and trying to run a sub 11min 1.5 mile run. This is where the hydration factor and clean taste came in handy from this product. Not only did I not get cotton mouth while running, I felt very hydrated during the entire effort, which ultimately allowed me to push myself and reach my goal without preparing. As a 33-year-old, this is not easy as opposed to when I was in my 20's. Outside of this, I noticed that while was suffering during leg day by lunging 400m at a time, my legs were not as bad off as they used to be. Normally I would be in a wheelchair from doing something like that, but again the hydration factor, plus the amino's kept me from feeling like death.

Because this was so effective, I was also able to push harder and longer during workouts, and come back for more the next day. I have tried many BCAA products out there, and most do not deliver on the level that this did. While this product does not have ingredients like CM in it, and it is not geared to make you swole, that fact that it will allow you to push for longer, and maintain a higher level of effort, it will lead to a reduction of body fat and an increase of muscle and strength.

You can find this for $24 on allstarhealth.com which is 30 servings for $24 which comes to $.80 a serving. Given that this offers electrolytes and is much more than your run of the mil BCAA product, I find this to be a fantastic value.

Side Effects

None to report

Conclusion

VMI does it again with this one. Is it the strongest flavored product on the market? No, but that is fine because of the clean taste. This delivers time and time again, and for the price that you can get this at, it is almost a steal. I highly encourage you to try this as an intro to BCAA's because you will see what a product should deliver for you. It will set a high standard for all other products that you try later on, and I am confident that you will find yourself coming back to this product, time and time again.