(Better than 97% in Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA)

Aminogex Ultra is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by VMI Sports. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.
ARTICLES

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

April 11, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Recovery
  • Improved Hydration
  • Fully Disclosed
Sending out a big thanks to the folks over at VMI for providing their product up for review to the TROOPs. A good amino product is worth it's weight in gold to use a clich, but also a truth if you're serious about your workouts and your recovery. Whether you drink yours during your workout like I do or immediately after, a good BCAA product is part of a solid foundation of recovery and growth.

Dosage

1 scoop taken peri-workout.

Ingredient Profile (8/10)

This profile is geared more towards an intra-workout in my eyes, starting off with a B Vitamin complex of B6 and B12. Each scoop will give you 7 grams of BCAAs, which is a nice healthy dose and above and beyond what the "standard" is. Next you get 1.25 grams of Betaine for a little performance and endurance boost. While only half of what a sufficient dose would normally be, if you're stacking this with a preworkout that also contains Betaine like I was, then this acts as a nice buffer and addition. To top it all off, you get an electrolye complex known as TRAACS that is included in other VMI products. Electrolytes are a nice little add in for a intra-workout driven product to keep you adequately hydrated. So while not overly complex, this product is above and beyond what a normal BCAA product would be.

Mixture (9/10)

This product mixed very well, especially for a BCAA product. As I normally do I mixed with more water than called for in the directions, so that could have contributed a bit. There was hardly any leftovers in the shaker and no undissolved powder at the bottom .

Taste (9/10)

I got to sample the Pink Lemonade flavor of this product, which is low key one of my favorite flavors. The taste did not disappoint, it tasted like Country Time Lemonade minus the sweetness. I was half tempted to mix in some iced tea and have a real tasty beverage with me at the gym. Even cutting it with more water than normal the taste was still very prevalent.

Effectiveness (8.5/10)

Gauging effectiveness of a BCAA product can be a little tricky, as it is more of what I would call a "behind the scenes" kind of supplement. While it won't directly cause you to get swole up, it definitely does the dirty work in helping to aid in recovery of your muscles after a strenuous workout. When it comes to this product, the best thing I noticed was the hydration factor. Definitely quenched my thirst in the gym (except for the yoga pants girls). As far as the recovery aspect goes, this is right in line with what you'd expect from a good BCAA product, no dreaded DOMS or zombie walking for me.

Value (9/10)

The cheapest place appears to be allstarhealth.com at $23.99 for 30 servings, or about 80 cents per serving. This is a pretty good deal for a higher than normal about of BCAA per serving, along with the added goodies you get.

Conclusion and Verdict

VMI Aminogex Ultra is a simple yet effective BCAA product. With a higher than standard dose of BCAAs at 7 grams per scoop and hydration and performance support with electrolytes and Betaine, this is a solid product that garners serious consideration for anyone who wants a good intra-workout drink. Big thumbs up and Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
  • Pink Lemonade: 9/10

Other Prices:
Amazon   $24.99
A1Supplements   $28.95
Optimal Nutrition   $32.77

April 9, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Hydration
  • Improved Recovery
  • Reduced Fatigue
  • Endurance
  • Fully Disclosed
  • Artificial Dyes

This is an incredible product with an even more incredible price point, and definitely a product I plan to add to my regular rotation of supplements.

First and foremost I'd like to say thanks to the SR Troops program and VMI Sports for putting this supplement into my hands.

With that, I would like to apologize for taking so long to come this review. I suffered a work related injury that kept me out of the gym for a month and prevented me from finishing the product as quickly as I should have.

So let's kick things off with a quick look at the ingredients:

First I would like to point out the nice dosage of vitamin B6 (25mg) and B12 (30mcg) included in this product. The B vitamins acted as a quick pick me up that helped me to get focused and ready for my workouts.

Aminogex is well dosed at 7g of BCAAs in a 2:1:1 ratio: 3.5g of L-Leucine and 1.75g of both L-Valine and L-Isoleucine. This makes for a solid dosage of BCAAs to help in recovery and establishing an anabolic environment to promote muscle growth.

My favorite part of this supplement though is the included electrolytes. Containing potassium, sodium, magnesium, and calcium, aminogex not only aids in endurance and recovery, it also does a great job of keeping you hydrated.

The electrolytes were also an added benefit for myself because when I began taking this product, I was in the process of transitioning my body into ketosis. For those who may be unaware, the process of transitioning into ketosis can be rough, causing flu like symptoms. The best way to combat these symptoms is by keeping your electrolytes up, which can be hard to do when most electrolyte packed drinks are riddled with sugary carbs.

Taste:
I requested and was sent the sweet iced tea flavor. At first, I wasn't very happy with the flavor, but after playing with the amount of water I mixed it in, I found the taste very enjoyable. For me, the sweet spot seemed to be 1 scoop in about 18-20oz of water. Also, being the excellent company they are, VMI sports also sent me sample packets of all of the other flavors in order for me to try as well. I can honestly say there was not a single flavor I did not enjoy, however my favorite was easily the tropical mango, which says alot because I'm not a huge fan of mango flavors.

Mixability:
The product mixed well regardless of the amount of water I used, with very little floaters or sinkers. Throughout the use of this product I typically just put a scoop into a bottle of water and it mixed well with a little shaking. No stirring or shaker cup required.

Dosage:
Everyone seems to have their preference of dosage when it comes to BCAAs. For me, I used the product twice a day. Once during my workout for endurance and hydration, and once post workout for recovery.

Sometimes the effectiveness of BCAAs can be hard to judge, especially when used with a preworkout. I can confidently say, however, that I experienced great results with this product. Using this product intra workout kept me hydrated, and provided a noticeable reduction in fatigue. I was able to push through my sets without tiring, and my typical 2 hour workouts did not leave me as drained as usual while using this product.

As a recovery supplement, I noticed reduced DOMS and less fatigue over the days after my workouts. While I did not measure my body composition before and after using the product, I did see a perceived increase in muscle tone and definition.

At $25 for a highly effective 30 serving tub, I'd rate Aminogex as one of the best values for your money. I've paid double this for BCAAs that I don't find tasted as good or worked as well.

Side Effects

No noticeable side effects

Conclusion

If you're looking for a great product, Aminogex Ultra is the right choice. If you're looking for a cost effective BCAA supplement, Aminogex Ultra is the right choice. If you're looking for a great tasting BCAA supplement, Aminogex Ultra is the right choice. Basically, if you supplement BCAAs, you should be using Aminogex Ultra.
  • Cherry Lime Italian Ice: 8/10

A1Supplements   $28.95
Optimal Nutrition   $32.77

February 26, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Hydration
  • Improved Recovery
  • Artificial Dyes

Another review for the SR people. Thank you to VMI for another good product. I have tried a few of the VMI products and have yet to find something that wasn't good.

The Aminogex Ultra has many amino acids. The outside of the tube shows 7g BCAA, 400mg MGG, 2:1:1 ratio and no sugar. The ingredients are Vitamin B6 and B12, Instantized BCAA 7g (leucine, isoleucine, valine), Betaine 1.25g, Magnesium glycinate glutamine chelate 400mg, Potassium glycinate 50mg, Magnesium glycinate 50mg, Calcium glycinate 50mg and Sodium chloride 50mg. This has the right amount of vitamins and the core BCAA. Betaine is an amino acid used to increase muscle gains and losing weight. Betaine can be harmful if too much used and the 1.25g is a safe amount. Magnesium glycinate glutamine chelate and magnesium glycinate are both minerals and this mineral is absorbed by the body easier because it is chelate magnesium. Its benefits range from energy to stronger bones and health. Potassium glycinate is also a mineral that can help with fluid levels. Calcium glycinate is to help with the brain, muscles, and healthy bones. Sodium chloride, also known as salt, is an electrolyte that helps with water in the body. The ingredients contain the core BCAA and work with the other ingredient to help the body recover, stay hydrated, and keep the muscles and bones strong.

There are several options to choose from on the flavor of the Aminogex Ultra. I was able to get this in Cherry Lime Italian Ice and the taste was really good. Sometimes you'll get something that says it tastes like this but it doesn't. This is where they came through with a good flavor. The mixability was great and had no issues. The dosing was one scoop to improve endurance and two scoops for maximum recovery. I stuck with the one scoop and was able to get endurance and recovery so one scoop was fine. This was a great rating.

This was a wonderful amino acid. It did exactly what you need the amino acids to do. I was able to stay hydrated while using this so that was a great addition. I always had a good recovery with no issues. There were no problems with fatigue, and I was able to get a little burst of energy for endurance but nothing like a pre-workout. The ultra helped me keep going. This was a good rating.

This was not an item I found hard to get. I was able to find it as low as $24 but most prices were around $30. So you can see that it's $1 per serving or less. At the $24 mark, you're getting this at 80 cents per serving. This is a price I've always been willing to pay for a good amino acid. I'm to give this value a high rating.

Side Effects

No side effects

Conclusion

Like I said in the intro, VMI is a great company who continues to come out with wonderful products. I've never been disappointed with anything that I have tried by VMI. The amino acids ultra did what I needed it to do. The flavor was wonderful. No problems with mixing. The value for me was pretty dead on. The effectiveness was what I needed. This is a great rating.
  • Cherry Lime Italian Ice: 10/10

February 21, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Hydration
  • Improved Recovery
  • Endurance
  • Fully Disclosed
  • Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate
  • Weak Taste

Even with a hurt leg and being 40 year old I still try to push myself everyday in the gym and with everyday life. VMI tried to help by making a bcaa built to help with all these issues.

Everyone has spelled out the profile.
The thing's I will point out is a solid dose of bcaa at 7 grams.
400mg MGG is included and TRAACs electrolytes by Albion to assist with hydration.
Zero sugars and aspartame free.
Enhanced B vitamins.
All this together dose make up a solid profile.

I had pink lemonade, and several here liked it but I was highly disappointed from it. No matter how little water or scoops I put in. I just seemed weak to me. I like some bite to my lemonade and this just did not have it for me.
The mixing was great, never an issue.
I used this some as a intra and it worked okay, I also used this as a midday bcaa .

Even with a great profile I just never did feel the standard benefit's I typically feel with this one. I did not lose any strength or gain strength for that matter on this. Even during the day I did not feel the normal pick me up during the day like some give me.
As a intra I had normal recovery, nothing out of this world. I did not feel like I was super hydrated . I know some may say I did not drink enough water but I know that is not the problem.
Not much more to say. I just feel like this one did not work well with me.

It is not a bad by, and still a decent bcaa . Finding this at around 24 bucks is a good deal, but I will stick with my xtend or other's that have always worked well for me.

Side Effects

zero

Conclusion

VMI, thank you for letting me try this. I am sorry I was just not blown away with this one. Still not a bad product. Just not one that I will search out for.
  • Pink Lemonade: 5/10

February 18, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Hydration
  • Reduced Fatigue
  • Taste
  • Endurance
  • Fully Disclosed
  • Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate
  • Artificial Dyes

I'm a natural bodybuilder who is attending the University of Arizona, I run a fitness page on instagram @ boonbrandon, and I have been fascinated by supplementation for quite awhile and have put hours and hours into reading sports medicine journals and research papers testing how effective supplements/individual ingredients are.

To start off, we have the three BCAAs Lecuine (3.5 grams - above the baseline 3 gram dose needed to be effective in clinical studies) and Isoleucine and Valine at 1.75g each. On top of the bcaas, 400mg MGG is included (magnesium glycinate glutamine) as well as TRAACs electrolytes by Albion to assist with hydration. These are seemingly subtle touches but definitely beef up what would be a simple BCAA formula. Also, 1.25 grams of Betaine is included (betaine helps with strength/endurance) and is definitely one of my favorite ingredients found in pre workouts so it is cool to find it in an intra workout so I was very impressed with that!

Aminogex really knocks it out of the park in all 3 of these categories. In terms of dosing, 1 scoop size is enough to give you an effective dose of BCAAs. I did not have a single issue with mixability, I usually just mixed a scoop to a scoop and a half with 12 ounces of water in my blender bottle. Taste is AWESOME!! I normally don't give too much credit to a supplement for the taste since most supplements these days have gotten a lot better when it comes to flavors, and at the end of the day we drink it for the effects not the taste but HOLY these taste good. I got the Pina Colada tub but VMI sent a sample packet of every single flavor and I must say I loved every single one (9/10) except for the Orange flavor which I would give probably a 7. If I were to buy again I would def buy the cherry limeade or pink lemonade flavor.

Being perfectly honest, and I'm sure a lot of you agree, it is hard to judge the actual effectiveness of a BCAA supplement but I used this while in a caloric deficit for around a 4 week minicut and I retained all of my strength during the cut, and didn't lose any muscle while dropping over 2.5-3% bodyfat and 10 pounds. Obviously this was a result of caloric intake but I used Aminogex during every training session, which were long and intense and I did cardio after each long training session (practically fasted) so I would say this definitely helped me in some way, shape, or form.

I can find 30 servings for 26-27 dollars on amazon which isn't that bad considering this is in the upper half of amino supplements, but you can still find comparable supps like Xtend, Gold Standard, Amino X etc. for around 20-24 dollars for 30 servings. However, I would PERSONALLY spend a few dollars more for something that I think is a step up from those supplements so I have to give it a pretty good score for value.

Side Effects

No side effects at all.

Conclusion

Overall, this supp exceeded my expectations for sure! I think this is a really good upper-tier amino supplement/intra-workout that isn't necessarily as comprehensive as something such as Intra Blast, but is also far cheaper than that leaving this as definitely one of the better amino supps for the money!
  • Orange Ice Pop: 7/10
  • Pink Lemonade: 10/10
  • Sweet Iced Tea: 8/10
  • Tropical Mango: 9/10
  • Cherry Lime Italian Ice: 10/10
  • Pina Colada: 8/10

February 15, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Hydration
  • Improved Recovery
  • Reduced Fatigue
  • Taste
  • Endurance
  • Fully Disclosed
  • Artificial Dyes

A special thanks to VMI for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experience with their Amino Acids product Aminogex Ultra. As I said in past reviews of amino acid supplements, these types of supplements are one of the more versatile ince amino acids can aid in all areas of our workouts including pre, intra, and post. Be personally, I prefer to use them either intra or post since for me, amino acids help best in recovery and fatigue reduction. Also, I find amino acids useful in boosting endurance as well.

The profile begins with a dosage of B-vitamins. More specifically, we have 25mg of B6 and 30mcg of B12.

Digging into the core of the profile, Aminogex Ultra provides a total of 7g of BCAAs in a 2:1:1 ration, which is one of the more common BCAAs dosage ratios we see on today's market. Of this ratio, Aminogex Ultra provides 3.5g of L-Leucine, 1.75g of L-Valine, and 1.75g of L-Iso-Leucine.

Moving on, each serving also provides 1.25g of Betaine along with 400mg of magnesium glycinate glutamine chelate.

Finally, we have a sub profile of electrolytes including potassium glycinate, magnesium glycinate, sodium chloride, and calcium glycinate. All of these are each dosed at 50mg.

Overall, this is a solid profile that provides amino acids and electrolytes along with Betaine as a bonus. The only thing I could do without are the artificial dyes.

I received orange ice pop and found it real good. It tasted exactly as a frozen orange popsicle with the right amount of sweetness and a hint of tartness.

It mixed well in both water and a sports drink without any undissolved matter.

I used Aminogex Ultra both intra and post workout, but only one serving a day, not two servings for both purposes. In other words, the serving I had on that day was either intra workout or post workout.

For intra, I combined one scoop in a sports drink and drank it during my workouts between sets and movements.

For post workout, I combined one scoop in water and consumed it immediately following my workout.

On non-training days I took a serving sometime in the afternoon.

As an intra workout supplement, I did experience a noticeable reduction in fatigue between sets and each lifting exercise movement. I was able to perform sets with higher rep ranges and with less rest time between intervals. This helped give me a stronger overall pump. I also had some increased endurance during cardio workouts, particularly in my boxing workouts. I was running longer intervals, sprinting in better bursts, and was boxing for prolonged rounds.

As a post workout supplement, I saw improved recovery in the form of less DOMS and exhaustion after following intense lifting bouts and I had more natural energy and less lethargy the following days.

The hydration from the electrolytes was a nice bonus considering I was sweating more from the reduction of rest between sets and longer cardio bouts from the improved endurance. This helped prevent muscle cramps, which can sometimes hit me unexpectedly, even with adequate hydration.

The cheapest I found Aminogex Ultra was 23.99 on Allstarhealth.com. Each tub comes with a full 30 servings month's supply. I personally think this is a great value all things considered including the products quality, efficacy, taste, versatility, and profile.

Side Effects

Conclusion

VMI's Aminogex Ultra is undoubtedly a great amino acids product to include in your regimen if you need a boost in your recovery and some extra drive during your workouts. It acts as an effective intra workout aid by helping to boost your endurance and reduce fatigue between lifting movements and sets. It also aids recovery, allowing you to power into your next day workouts with more energy and drive. As usual, be sure your training and diet are in check and don't hesitate to explore the various flavor varieties.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO BRUINS!!!
  • Orange Ice Pop: 9/10

Overall
Overall
9.2
  February 14, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Hydration
  • Improved Recovery
  • Reduced Fatigue
  • Taste
  • Endurance

Hey everyone! Just wanna start of by thanking VMI and the troops for giving me the opportunity to review this great product! Today I will be reviewing their amigonex-ultra which is an amazing product I must say!

This product contains 7 grams of total BCAAs in a 2:1:1 ratio
    L-Leucine - 3.5g
    L-Isoleucine - 1.75g
    L-Valine - 1.75g

Betaine - 1.25g dose. (lowers homocysteine levels. Responsible for things like blood clots, heart disease, and renal disease.)
    Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine 400 mg
    Potassium Glycinate - 50mg
    Magnesium Glycinate - 50mg
    Calcium Glycinate - 50 mg
    Sodium Chloride - 50mg

The taste i received was Pink Lemonade. LET ME TELL YOU. This stuff tasted absolutely AMAZING. I was instantly hooked on the first scoop and honestly looked forward to drinking it everyday. I would honestly do 1 1/2 scoops just to get a little bit more BCAAs in and have better recovery. Even though I did a little bit more I mixed it with 8oz and it mixed without any issues. I never encountered any clumping or settling on top like I have found in a lot of the past BCAA products I have used by other companies.

Once again this product blew me away completely, First with flavor and then with how well it actually worked. I was never a huge BCAA fan so I was pretty skeptical trying this product out. My first few days taking it I was extremely surprised at how well my body reacted to taking this during my workout. Not so much that I could feel like I could lift the world but I noticed that my stamina was up higher than normal and whatever muscle I was working on was not getting tired as quick as normal. I definitely loved taking this product during my workouts because it also helped with muscle soreness which before taking this I would usually end up a little bit sore afterwards.

Allstarthealth has it for $23.99 for 30 servings! $.80 a serving is an amazing deal considering that the effectiveness and taste is spot on!

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you have been looking for an Intraworkout look no further! This stuff is amazing and I highly recommend it to anyone. The taste is to die for and the effectiveness is out of this world! I have no issues with this product at all. I think VMI definitely nailed it with this product! They have won in my book and I definitely will be purchasing these from them!
    • Pink Lemonade: 10/10

January 4, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improved Hydration
    • Improved Recovery
    • Artificial Dyes

Hi Everyone, BCTut here, finally closing out the last of my long overdue reviews. I want to apologize to VMI for taking so long, especially because they are an awesome brand and I typically love their products. Today I'm going through one of their intra-workout drink formulas, Aminogex Ultra- a blend of essential and branched-chain amino acids-with a best-taste guarantee!

Aminogex Ultra is mainly a BCAA drink with a nice hefty 7 grams of total BCAAs in a 2:1:1 ratio. Following the BCAAs is Betaine with a solid 1.25g dose. Betaine is great because of what it prevents. It has a potent ability to lower homocysteine levels. This is good because homocysteine can be responsible for things like blood clots, heart disease, and renal disease. From there is 400mg of Albion's MGG (magnesium glycinate glutamine chelate) and 150mg of TRAACS electrolytes by Albion.

I started by mixing a scoop with a full shaker bottle during the middle of my workouts when taking this. I received the cherry lime Italian ice flavor which was really good, but a little too sweet for me. I found that a half scoop was a little tastier for my palette and moved to a half scoop twice throughout my workout. I also got a lot of samples from the company of the other flavors and really all of them were very good. I let my wife try a sweet tea sample and she said she wasn't a fan of it though.

I felt great when taking this! Time between sets was easily diminished and I never found myself dragging when I'd been sipping on it. I didn't notice any major changes in how much I was lifting overall, but I did feel like I was moving the weights in a more controlled fashion.

I also noticed that the DOMS I normally feel after compound lifts like cleans were noticeably diminished. I didn't try to push it any harder than normal, but some days I'll return to a muscle group or a lift after completing a full week's rotation and still be a little sore. This never happened on Aminogex.

As for cardio, the electrolytes were huge. I've always been able to notice the impact electrolytes have, and it was no different here. In heavy cardio sessions I would get tired and take a short 5 minute break, down some aminogex, and find that my legs had energy again and allowed me to go further than I had initially before taking the break. Maybe some of it is runner's high, but I hate cardio and the Aminogex seemed to make it a lot easier to handle.

Right now this is for sale on Amazon for $24.71. With 30 servings in the bottle and the effectiveness I experienced, I'd say this is well worth it!

Side Effects

Conclusion

I think VMI really knocked it out of the park with this stuff. It's a good price, works very well, and tastes great. My only knock on the product is the artificial dyes. VMI always goes heavy on the dyes for the love of everything no more!! Personally I'm not sensitive or allergic, but other people are and I just don't like them in my food. They add nothing to the flavor and only see to cause controversy. However, dyes or not, I highly recommend picking this up the next time you need an intraworkout drink. Thanks again, VMI!
    • Cherry Lime Italian Ice: 7/10
    • Sweet Iced Tea: 6/10
    • Tropical Mango: 8/10

October 16, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improved Hydration
    • Improved Recovery
    • Taste
    • Fully Disclosed
    • Endurance

As always, huge shout out to VMI Sports for sending out their Aminogex Ultra! Always up for a new amino product, and I've had other supplements from VMI in the past. Originally I requested the sweet tea flavor but received tropical mango. I was a little apprehensive at first, but honestly I was impressed with the flavor.

Ingredient profile is better basic, Aminogex follows the standard 2:1:1 BCAA ratio at 7g per scoop. Also included is 1.25g betaine. This is used for endurance according to my knowledge. It's your standard BCAA product, not too much to discuss here. There are a few dyes included, so just be mindful if you are not a fan.

Taste: So as I mentioned, I recieved tropical mango. WOW. I enjoy eating mango, and this was it in liquid form. Taste was spot on. Not overpowering in any way. My next statement doesn't have to do with the taste, but if you use a clear glass/shaker, it looks like you're carrying around a bottle of pee due to its color. That was my only issue, people staring at me in the gym.

Mixability: No issues here. Mixed well. Hardly any foaming. No residue at the bottom of the glass after consumption.

Dosing: I dosed this at 1 scoop during workouts (3-5 a week depending), and 1/2 a scoop in my daily jug just to aid in recovery.

I'm doing a lot more cardio and legs than usual due to an upper body injury. So all my workouts incorporate my legs throughout the week. Taking Aminogex has significantly aided in reducing my DOMs. As stated, I consumed this during workouts and on off days, so it was clearly beneficial. Legs were lifted 2x per week and 3 cardio sessions on top of that on a typical week. I felt it helped most during runs/cardio and aided in my endurance and hydration. For a BCAA product, it did what it was supposed to do.

You can pick this up on allstarhealth.com for 23.99 (shipping not included). I owuld head over to Amazon where you'll pay $26.99 but shipping will be covered if you're a prime member. If you're not, you should look into it. So $24 for 30 servings is $0.80 per serving.

Side Effects

No side effects, except it kinda look like you're drinking urine.

Conclusion

All in all I would pick this up again, but would love to pickup the sweet tea flavor. I felt my DOMs were reduced, endurance during cardio was increased, and it had a fantastic taste. Basic ratio, nothing flashy, a solid product.
      • Tropical Mango: 8/10

Overall
      Overall
      8.9
        October 2, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Improved Hydration
      • Improved Recovery
      • Fully Disclosed
      • Taste

Aminogex has the look of a great amino product, with 7g of BCAAs per scoop in the tried and true 2:1:1 ratio. Along with this, they included a nice 1.25g of Betaine along with a bunch of electrolytes. Very nice. Spoiler alert: It wasn't just good on paper! Wild, I know.

I had requested the Iced Tea flavor, but received the Tropical Mango flavor instead and I'm glad that I did because damn was this a seriously tasty amino. Tasted just like mangoes, with none of that usual artificial aftertaste you normally get with every product. I seriously don't know how they got this to taste so damn good! The foaming was minimal as well, with little to no sediment. Consider me highly impressed. Now I really want to try that Iced Tea flavor!

8.8/10

This worked great, it's as simple as that. DOMs were noticeably decreased even after some really tough workouts. If I had to gauge it, I felt more hydrated during workouts as well. This is also most likely a placebo effect, but something about drinking a really nice tasting amino just makes me enjoy the workout more as well; it's crisp and refreshing and gives me a nice treat to look forward to between every set. Having the Betaine in there is just a nice little bonus in helping increase blood flow and add to DA PUMPS. I'd recommend this to anyone based on the effectiveness alone, but we still have more to discuss.

This is where I believe this product truly shines. For as effective as this was for me and how much I enjoyed drinking it, $24 for 30 servings is a steal as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't mind paying this price again at all, and I'd be beyond ecstatic if I ever saw this on a special promo (BOGO, 50% off, etc.). I think you'd be very hard pressed to find a better deal as far as effectiveness relative to price is concerned.

Side Effects

No negative side effects to report on.

Conclusion

8.9/10

I'm all in on Aminogex. I think VMI has a nice, interesting diversity of products going on right now. Some I've loved, some not so much. However, as far as I'm concerned, Aminogex is a must-try in my book and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking to try something new as far as amino products are concerned. Thanks to VMI for sending it out!
        • Tropical Mango: 10/10