(Better than 98% in Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA)

Aminogex Ultra is a BCAA manufactured by VMI Sports Nutrition. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.
ARTICLES

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

October 16, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Hydration
  • Improved Recovery
  • Taste
  • Fully Disclosed
  • Endurance

As always, huge shout out to VMI Sports for sending out their Aminogex Ultra! Always up for a new amino product, and I've had other supplements from VMI in the past. Originally I requested the sweet tea flavor but received tropical mango. I was a little apprehensive at first, but honestly I was impressed with the flavor.

Ingredient profile is better basic, Aminogex follows the standard 2:1:1 BCAA ratio at 7g per scoop. Also included is 1.25g betaine. This is used for endurance according to my knowledge. It's your standard BCAA product, not too much to discuss here. There are a few dyes included, so just be mindful if you are not a fan.

Taste: So as I mentioned, I recieved tropical mango. WOW. I enjoy eating mango, and this was it in liquid form. Taste was spot on. Not overpowering in any way. My next statement doesn't have to do with the taste, but if you use a clear glass/shaker, it looks like you're carrying around a bottle of pee due to its color. That was my only issue, people staring at me in the gym.

Mixability: No issues here. Mixed well. Hardly any foaming. No residue at the bottom of the glass after consumption.

Dosing: I dosed this at 1 scoop during workouts (3-5 a week depending), and 1/2 a scoop in my daily jug just to aid in recovery.

I'm doing a lot more cardio and legs than usual due to an upper body injury. So all my workouts incorporate my legs throughout the week. Taking Aminogex has significantly aided in reducing my DOMs. As stated, I consumed this during workouts and on off days, so it was clearly beneficial. Legs were lifted 2x per week and 3 cardio sessions on top of that on a typical week. I felt it helped most during runs/cardio and aided in my endurance and hydration. For a BCAA product, it did what it was supposed to do.

You can pick this up on allstarhealth.com for 23.99 (shipping not included). I owuld head over to Amazon where you'll pay $26.99 but shipping will be covered if you're a prime member. If you're not, you should look into it. So $24 for 30 servings is $0.80 per serving.

Side Effects

No side effects, except it kinda look like you're drinking urine.

Conclusion

All in all I would pick this up again, but would love to pickup the sweet tea flavor. I felt my DOMs were reduced, endurance during cardio was increased, and it had a fantastic taste. Basic ratio, nothing flashy, a solid product.
    • Tropical Mango: 8/10

Other Prices:
    VMI Sports Nutrition   $34.99

Overall
    Overall
    8.9
      October 2, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improved Hydration
    • Improved Recovery
    • Fully Disclosed
    • Taste

Aminogex has the look of a great amino product, with 7g of BCAAs per scoop in the tried and true 2:1:1 ratio. Along with this, they included a nice 1.25g of Betaine along with a bunch of electrolytes. Very nice. Spoiler alert: It wasn't just good on paper! Wild, I know.

I had requested the Iced Tea flavor, but received the Tropical Mango flavor instead and I'm glad that I did because damn was this a seriously tasty amino. Tasted just like mangoes, with none of that usual artificial aftertaste you normally get with every product. I seriously don't know how they got this to taste so damn good! The foaming was minimal as well, with little to no sediment. Consider me highly impressed. Now I really want to try that Iced Tea flavor!

8.8/10

This worked great, it's as simple as that. DOMs were noticeably decreased even after some really tough workouts. If I had to gauge it, I felt more hydrated during workouts as well. This is also most likely a placebo effect, but something about drinking a really nice tasting amino just makes me enjoy the workout more as well; it's crisp and refreshing and gives me a nice treat to look forward to between every set. Having the Betaine in there is just a nice little bonus in helping increase blood flow and add to DA PUMPS. I'd recommend this to anyone based on the effectiveness alone, but we still have more to discuss.

This is where I believe this product truly shines. For as effective as this was for me and how much I enjoyed drinking it, $24 for 30 servings is a steal as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't mind paying this price again at all, and I'd be beyond ecstatic if I ever saw this on a special promo (BOGO, 50% off, etc.). I think you'd be very hard pressed to find a better deal as far as effectiveness relative to price is concerned.

Side Effects

No negative side effects to report on.

Conclusion

8.9/10

I'm all in on Aminogex. I think VMI has a nice, interesting diversity of products going on right now. Some I've loved, some not so much. However, as far as I'm concerned, Aminogex is a must-try in my book and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking to try something new as far as amino products are concerned. Thanks to VMI for sending it out!
      • Tropical Mango: 10/10

Other Prices:
      VMI Sports Nutrition   $34.99

September 25, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Improved Hydration
      • Reduced Fatigue
      • Taste
      • Endurance
      • Fully Disclosed
      Thank you VIM Sports and the Trooper program for the opportunity to try Aminogex Ultra. As I have always said in the past, recovery is one of the key elements for increasing gains, and for allowing you to hit the gym quicker after a killer workout. I for one have been a fan of BCAAs for over 20 years; therefore, when Aminogex Ultra came up for the Troopers, I decided to give it a world, since I have had good results from other VIM Sports products.

Aminogex Ultra is fully disclosed; we all enjoying knowing what exactly we are putting in our bodies. Included in Aminogex Ultra you have the following:

L-Leucine - 3.5 grams, L-Isoleucine - 1.75 grams, and L-Valine - 1.75 grams; a nice clinically dosed about of BCAA. In addition, there is Betaine (trimethylglycine) there is 1.25 grams, and this helps promote cell hydration. Furthermore, there is a combination of 200 mg of TRAACS, which is a A mineral amino acid chelate is composed of an amino acid; this is in my opinion, helps keep us hydrated, helps fight off any cramping.

Taste - I received the Cherry Lime Italian Ice, all I can say is Wow, very tasty and not sweet at all.

Mix - Aminogex Ultra mixed excellent, no foaming, and no clumping at all.

Dosing - I used Aminogex Ultra during my workouts and in the morning, when I beat myself up the night before at the gym; one scoop is a full serving.

Aminogex Ultra hit the mark for me when it came to how effective it was on my body during and after my workout. I wanted to test the hydration part of Aminogex Ultra; therefore, since Dallas has been above normal temperatures with higher than normal humidity, I decided to go on a number of occasions for a run. Sometimes, my biggest enemy when running during a humid day is cramping. I normally eat a banana 10 mins before I hit the track. However, while sipping on Aminogex Ultra while I ran, I did not experience any cramping at all; as a matter a fact, I was able to run longer than I normally do during humid conditions.

As for recovery in between my workout sets, I notice my lactic acid build up I normally get when doing a fast workout was reduced. In addition, on days when I took a scoop upon waking up, I noticed a reduction of DOMS during the day. Furthermore, on days I did hits on the treadmill, I noticed that my endurance was up, I was able to go an extra 15 mins from my normal time.

Aminogex Ultra is priced very well, considering everything you get and how effective it is; at around $24.00 for a 30 serving tub, this is a steal.

Side Effects

None at all

Conclusion

Aminogex Ultra was a joy to run, I believe this will make the competition open their eyes and see how a well put together BCAA product should be. VMI Sports has a great product that everyone should add to their supplement regimen. It is priced for everyone, even if you are on a budget, it will not drain your wallet dry. I definitely will be picking up a tub of this again. I would like to thank VMI Sports again for the opportunity.

September 9, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Improved Hydration
      • Reduced Fatigue
      • Taste
      • Fully Disclosed

Intro Supp Facts

VMI Sports has a variety of products that are all unique in their own ways, and most of the time they have proprietary blends sadly.. However it seems they are making a turn towards being fully disclosed, which I hope happens to all their products! This isn't your typical BCAA product, containing different dosages and forms of ingredients. What you get: Electrolytes, 7g 2:1:1 BCAA's instantized, 1/2 the clinical dosage of Betaine, and 400mg of Glutamine (MGG). What I love about this is the Instantized aminos, and not stoping at 5g's. Also I love having MGG and electrolyes, however I would have loved to see EAA's included as well. Lastly I was currently on keto when I claimed this product with the intention of using it while on Keto, however once I received it I stopped keto or around that time. I mention this due to out of the 3 flavors only 1 is without maltodextrin, which will kick you out of Keto and sucralose can spike as well. So I guess this is only important due to the fact I was in the Keto mindset, and wishing the sugar content was disclosed. Great formula none the less, unique and clinical or efficient!

Taste Mix Dose

Cherry Lime Italian Ice, what a flavor and unique option! I was thrilled to get this one and enjoyed the sweetness each use. It tastes really good, but not overly sweet due to exclusion of maltodextrin :) Mixability was excellent, which I have always had great results from Instantized Aminos. Dosing for me was 1-2 scoops intra or post. In addition to those dosing standards I did take this at work or on my off days for recovery as needed. Lastly I want to note that none of this above (taste + mixability) affects the review scoring just FYI, while dosing might impact it via the value rating.

Effectiveness 8.5/10

I did take it with a Pre Workout before training on several occasions, which it certainly was effective at providing additional energy. Also when I did take this as an intra with a product that had similar ingredients it did perform at 1 scoop with greater endurance. Hydration was excellent, but I have had better such as other products I've reviewed with coconut powder and taurine coupled with BCAA's. And at two scoops it was somewhat better, but wasn't warranted for the 2 scoops. Endurance + Energy is an aspect that is tied to the overall synergistic effects for this profile, which was good at keeping you going for the workout. Recovery is the main reason that I wanted this product, and it was the most effective aspect which it did deliver completely in this regard. DOMS were diminished and overall recovery felt more enhanced compared to not taking a recovery supplement/aid.

Value 7.5/10

You can find this product online for as low or high as $28 at 30 servings, costing you $0.97 per serving.. I am not really into paying that much for an addition supplement that aids in recovery vs the protein shakes I also typically would take, but these are instantized aminos so they should work better lol. Of course all BCAA's are really luxury products, so if you have the cash go ahead and get this one.

Overall 8/10

I enjoy taking aminos, if not just for the taste (RIP Rich Piana). I was satisfied with this product and would recommend it to others, however I don't feel it out performed any of the recent BCAA's that I had reviewed more recently. Thank you VMI for allowing us to review your products, and I apologize for the delay in writing the review.
        • Cherry Lime Italian Ice: 9/10

August 9, 2017

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Improved Hydration
        • Taste
        • Endurance

Hey SR, here today to do a review for VMIs amino acid supplement Aminogex. Amino acids are almost always a staple for me, but especially now as I cutting, doing cardio, in a caloric and carb deficit, and I want to preserve some muscle and also enhance recovery. Amino acid supplements have come a long way over the years, and there's definitely a top/premium tier as well as your basic bcaas. Let's see how Aminogex did for me.

First impression of the profile is great. It's an amino supplement, so first thing you're going to look for is how much BCAAs it has. The usual is five grams, this comes in at 7 grams in the preferred 2:1:1 ratio. Aminogex then goes on to add 1.25 g of Betaine for endurance, some TRAACS minerals for hydration, and MGG which is a designer glutamine. All ingredients to help endurance and recovery. The standard dosage of glutamine is 5 g and this is only 400 mg so it seems very low, but the studies I saw showed some promising results in this amount with this designer glutamine. I like glutamine products so I was happy with the addition and willing to give it a shot. On the profile alone with the extras I'd say this is leaning towards the top tier of these types of supplements. As loaded as Intrablast? No, but lots of extras so I like the profile a lot.

I always take amino supplements throughout my workout, especially when it has hydration ingredients to help me through cardio, but theoretically you can take it anytime. Mixability was very good, some light foaming. The flavor I had was Tropical Mango and it was wonderful. Very enjoyable to drink and looked forward to it every time.

So how did it work? It worked great. If you read my reviews I mention it a lot the best supplement I have ever taken is Intrablast, it completely cured my DOMS and felt great. Without an amino supplement, I'm sore for 3-4 days. With a good amino supplement it's 2-3 days. A really good amino supplement reduces my DOMS to 1-2 days, and that's where this fits in. Not the absolute best I have ever had, but very very good. The hydration aspects of this product was very good as well as here in Phoenix it's blazing and with doing a lot of cardio it can definitely wipe you out, yet I felt good throughout my entire run. Definitely one of the top amino products I've had and I've had a lot.

Basic 5 g BCAAs with nothing else you can get for well under a $1 a serving. The ultra premium like Intrablast is over a $1. This fits in right where I think it should as it's $29 for 30 servings. Right at a $1 a serving with all the premium extras and ingredients seems like a good value to me.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I thought this was a very good amino acid supplement in the top tier that really helps with endurance and recovery. Definitely recommended.

Overall
          Overall
          9.2
          9.2
            July 17, 2017

Pros:
           Cons:
          • Reduced Fatigue
          • Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate

For the past month, I have been dieting. I was going through PCT, and needed to cut off a bit of fat. I figured this would be the perfect time to go keto. I've always wanted to try it, and after putting on a lot of extra water weight, I really wanted to get rid of the extra bloat I had put on. I had heard horror stories about the keto flu from others, and wanted to keep the side effects at bay.

Seems pretty weird that I'd mention that for a BCAA review, but it has its place. You'll find out why.

Per serving, you get 7 grams of BCAAs in a 2:1:1 ratio. I personally feel like 5 is fine, but I can't complain about extra BCAAs really. You get b-12 in its best form(methylcobolamin). 1.25grams of Betaine, which is a proven performance enhancer.

As for the electrolytes, VMI uses a TRAACS form of them. The minerals are attached to glycinate, which actually makes them highly absorbable. For example, a certain pre-workout used to have magnesium oxide in there, which in some caused diarrhea. Magnesium oxide isn't very bioavailable, therefore, it is wiser to go with a different form such as citrate or glycinate.

Aminogex also uses the magnesium that is bound to both glutamine and glycinate. I am not a big believer in glutamine, but it's nice to see a company use some new forms of ingredients that probably aren't cheap.

Only thing I think it is missing are EAAs.

I had the Iced Tea flavor and it was great. It wasn't too sweet, even on workouts where I took 2 servings worth, it was smooth, and even as I watered it down I found it enjoyable.

It mixes very well, slight foam like any bcaa product is supposed to have. One scoop is good as well serving is nice too.

Now for the important part. I'll start with workouts. I typically took 1-1.5 scoops during workouts and watered it down as I went. I experienced no cramping at all during workouts. My recovery seemed to jump up quite a bit as well. I typically get a modest recovery increase when I take BCAAs, but since I was taking around 7-10 grams of BCAAs, along with betaine, and extra magnesium, I just felt much better overall.

Now I mentioned keto earlier. Well, as I went through those first few days of no carbs, I expected to get some major side effects. Fatigue, brain fog, headaches, etc. This is typically due to your water balance being thrown off. I probably could have used pedialyte, but I was getting plenty of electrolytes through Aminogex.

I was taking 1-2 serving(or 2/3 servings) once or twice a day between meals, as it tasted so good, and because of this, my "keto flu" was barely noticeable. The only issue I seemed to have was one night I had a slight headache, but other than that, I felt fine. No brain fog, no mood swings, no cramping. This was awesome and I got into ketosis within 3 days no problem.

I'm sure this would be fine during a non-keto run as well. I'm just reviewing it how I used it.

You can get this for around $29. While it is not the cheapest out there, you get more than your basic BCAAs. You get betaine, and some high quality electrolytes, along with a good dose of magnesium. When I say "not the cheapest" I mean that it is fairly priced compared to many other products and if you want cheap, go get some Iso-Amino(and don't expect anything other than a slight recovery boost). You get a performance/recovery enhancer here, not just flavored aminos.

Side Effects

Conclusion

VMI did a great job on Aminogex. The flavor is awesome, the performance and recovery benefits are noticeable, and the price is reasonable. I highly recommend giving this a try, since this could easily be a staple a supplement regimen.
          • Sweet Iced Tea: 9/10

July 16, 2017

Pros:
           Cons:
          • Improved Hydration
          • Improved Recovery
          • Reduced Fatigue

First off I want to thank VMI Sports for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. This is VMI's new amino product they just released. I have been waiting for them to come out with an amino product and now they have one. As soon as this was released I had to give it a try. I am a really big fan of amino products and always up for trying them. With as much lifting as I do I need all the recovery I can get. After seeing the ingredient profile for this I was pretty excited to give it a try and hoping it would work as good as the profile did.

For the most part I feel this has a fairly solid ingredient profile to it with a lot of really good things in it. You get 7g of BCAAs with a ratio of 2:1:1. They use InstAminos Instantized for BCAA L-Leucine 3.5g, L-Isoleucine 1.75g, and L-Valine 1.75g. Betaine 1.25g to help with strength and energy. They use 400mg MGG Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate. MGG is something I had never heard of before until now. MGG is a glutamine bound to a magnesium molecule. Glutamine is not enough. Magnesium works synergistically for recovery and muscle repair. This combination can lead to improved repair and preservation of lean muscle tissue. It says on the label they did a study where people consumed 400mg of MGG had an increase in lean body mass (muscle) of 7.04 pounds over an 8 week period. Since I was only on this about 4 weeks I don't really know how well this study would hold true for me. I would need to run two containers back to back to see if this is true for me also. TRAACS for Electrolytes for hydration. The TRAACS in this are made up of three different ingredients. Potassium Glycinate 50mg, Magnesium Glycinate 50mg, and Calcium Glycinate 50mg. Also you get some B6 and B12 vitamins and 50mg of Sodium Chloride. They use no sugars and is Aspartame free.

This comes in three flavors, Tropical Mango, Cherry Lime Italian Ice, and Sweet Ice Tea. I had the cherry Italian ice. I thought this was pretty good. I thought they did a really good job of making this taste just like a cherry flavored Italian ice. When you eat regular Italian ice you notice that the taste of it is not real strong like and that is just how this flavor was also. It had that nice cherry lime flavor to it but was not to strong or too sweet either. I know some people may think this is a little sweet but I did not think so. There is a taste to this that reminded me of eating Italian ice which I really liked. This will be something you will enjoy sipping on during your workouts.

Mixing was no issues at all. Mixed up very nicely and very little on foam. It does have a red color to it when mixed. Dosing is pretty simple with this. I would take this during my workout. That is when I mainly use my aminos. They say to take between 1-2 scoops a day. One scoop for improved endurance and two scoops for maximum recovery. I never really felt there was a real need to do two scoops but you could if you want but I feel you will just go through the product a lot faster.

Some of the key things that I really noticed from this were better recovery, better hydration, better endurance and less muscle fatigue. I notice a big difference in my recovery. I usually spend between 11/2 to 2 hours in the gym each day. Lately I have been upping my sets more and doing a lot more reps than I normally do and because of this product I feel it has really helped me a lot at being able to do that. I figured by changing my workouts up more and doing a few more sets and reps I would feel it more in my body but with this I think it really helped limit my soreness a lot more and my DOMS were a lot less noticeable also. When using this I felt a lot better in my body and felt I could keep going for a lot longer in the gym and not tire out as much. Also my endurance was very much improved. I know when I work back I do a lot of sets with a lot of different bars on the lat pull machine and some days it can be really hard to get through those workouts depending on how heavy I go and plus I do so many sets and reps but with this I felt I was able to go a lot quicker between sets and felt I was ready a lot quicker. This was a big plus for me because some days it can take me a long time to work my back and being able to do everything and to not take me as long is a good thing. On days when I would be feeling really good and was hitting it really hard in the gym to the point of me sweating like crazy this really helped calm my heavy breathing down a lot so I could keep going which was really good and I would not need as much time between sets either.

I felt that when I was drinking this I was always having to fill up my shaker bottle a lot more so than I normally do. Because of all the extra water I was consuming I felt a lot more hydrated which was a good thing for me. I know with all the other supplements I take I need that extra water to help keep my system more flushed out. I know that through out the day and during the evenings I would not need to drink as much water because I was consuming so much during my workouts and because of that I would have to spend a lot more time in the bathroom lol getting rid of all this ewxtra liquid.

I think overall this really helped keep my breathing down a lot more and I felt a lot more calm like. My muscle felt a lot better and had a lot less muscle fatigue. I was able to go longer and still be able to really hit it hard on certain days depending on what I was working that day and how I felt. With the 7g of aminos you are getting your soreness should be really limited with this and it was. Anything extra I can use to help with my recovery is a big plus for me and when I find a product like this that really works well for me is a big plus.

Right now the standard price they want on their website is $34.99 for 30 servings. Since this is a fairly new product not many place have it yet. I was able to find this on a1supplements.com and they want $28.95. For this price I think that is pretty good. I know lately a lot of the prices for aminos have been going up a bit to around $30-$35 range. For the $28.95 price I think is really good. Even at $34.99 the price is not horrible but do not care to really pay more than that for an amino product.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

Overall I was very impressed with this product. I feel this has a lot of really good and effective things in this that will help with your workouts. If you are looking for better recovery, hydration, and endurance this is a must have for that reason a lone. With this being my first time using MGG I was rather impressed with it and feel this looks to be rather promising. I really wish I was able to run this the full 8 weeks to see if this study they did on the MGG really works. So right now I can't for sure say it does or does not work. This is a product I would be more than happy to try again but this time in one of their other flavors. Again I want to give a big shout out to VMI Sports for making this product and letting me have the chance to try it.
          • Cherry Lime Italian Ice: 9/10

July 15, 2017

Pros:
           Cons:
          • Improved Recovery
          • Improved Hydration
          • Reduced Fatigue
          • Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate

BCAAs have been something I have been taking for years. I first started using them when I doing serious running and used them to preserve muscle and to recover. When I got into weight training, I again used them for recovery and as a fatigue fighter. I am always looking to try different products so when VMI put up their Aminogex Ultra I had to try it. I already had great results from their protein powder ProtoLyte so let us see how Aminogex Ultra fares.

Aminogex Ultra comes in a 30-scoop tub. Each scoop is 11.2g and contains multiple ingredients to support muscle recovery, hydration and strength. The first two ingredients are vitamin B6 at 25mg and vitamin B-12 in the methylcobalamine form at 30mcg. Vitamin b6 has many functions such as metabolism and hormone control. Vitamin B-12 can aid in energy production, help the digestive system, and boost mood. VMI included the methylcobalamine form of B-12, which is the more desired form. The next ingredient is 7g of BCAAs as the trademarked InstAminos. These 7 grams are broken down by 3.5g of L-leucine, 1.75g of L-isoleucine, and 1.75g of L-valine. The main benefit of BCAAs are that they can improve and increase muscle protein synthesis. This in turn can reduce DOMS that can enable a person to train more frequently thus helping them achieve their goals more quickly. Another major benefit to BCAA is as a fatigue fighter while training. When you workout serotonin levels in the brain will rise, this will lead to an increase of tryptophan in the brain. This increase of tryprophan will lead to fatigue. However, BCAAs compete with tryptophan thus leading to less fatigue while training. The next ingredient is betaine at a 1.25 g dose. The clinical dosage of betaine is 1.25g twice a day for a total of 2.5g. With this dosage, the major benefits are increased muscle mass and fat loss. Betaine also can help with digestion and detoxification.

Before I get into one key ingredient (MGG), I want to mention the hydration ingredients in Aminogex Ultra. There are 50mg of each of the following potassium glycinate, magnesium glycinate, calcium glycinate, and sodium chloride. All of these are in the TRAACS form, which is a trademarked version of those minerals. All of these will help with hydration and aid in the replacement of lost minerals from sweat. The final ingredient and the most unique in the formula is magnesium glycinate glutamine chelate or MGG. The breakdown of MGG is 40mg of magnesium, 240mg of glutamine, and 120mg of glycine. MGG has been shown to increase lean body mass by 7.04 pounds in a study. The study was conducted over 8 weeks and participants took 400mg of MGG, which is one scoop of Aminogex Ultra. I could not find the actual study but I did find a paper written by the patent holder for MGG that mention these claims. In addition, they were also mentioned in the patent, which you can see at the following link (https://www.google.com/patents/US5888553). The study is mentioned in "example 1" use ctrl F to search for it on the page if you wanted to see since it is rather long. Overall, this is a solid ingredient profile and I like the inclusion of the MGG. Just a note, it is sweetened with sucralose.

Aminogex Ultra comes in three flavors; they are topical mango, cherry lime Italian ice, and sweet iced tea. I requested and received the sweet iced tea and it was on par with other iced tea flavored supplements I have tried (Ergonine, Amino Energy, and Alphamine). It had a very distinct lemon flavor and less of that "iced tea" flavor. Just make sure that if you were to get this flavor that you are okay with lemon as it was very prominent. As far as mixability goes, it mixed fine with minimal foaming and I did not notice much sediment on the bottom. As far as doing goes, VMI recommends one level scoop. However, they say "for best results" use two scoops per day. I personally used two scoops per day but I will be honest I think one is fine. Especially since at one scoop you are getting the MGG dose used in the study. My dosage was two scoops in 64 ounces of water throughout my workout and into post workout, as I would continually fill up the bottle, as it got lower. On off days I would drink it throughout the day. If I were to use this product, again I would use one scoop.

The major benefits I noticed with Aminogex Ultra were improved recovery, improved hydration and reduced fatigue. I have mentioned this in my other reviews but I have added in supersets and high rep days into my workouts. One of the things I noticed is that I would extremely sore after my workouts. This was even with a good diet and supplemental protein. However, when I added in Aminogex Ultra I noticed a significant reduction in muscle soreness. The soreness was still there but this seemed to blunt it and I was able to get back into the gym faster. I most notably saw this on back where deadlifts will take a lot out of me; this got me back to the gym faster. As far as running goes, I felt like I was able to get to the park more frequently. I also felt like my longer runs were quicker due to increased recovery from the last run. In terms of improved recovery, I think this was on par with other recovery supplements. However, it surpassed all strictly BCAA products and I think that had to do with the inclusion of betaine and MGG. Another benefit I noticed was improved hydration while running. It has been hot in NJ and I notice that during my runs I will get quite thirsty. However, after adding this product I noticed I would run by my car for water less often than without it. I did not notice too much in terms of hydration in the gym but I usually drink a lot of water/BCAA throughout the workout anyway.

I also noticed a reduction in fatigue while weight training. As previously mentioned my workouts have gone to more high reps and supersets so I can be burnt out. However, with Aminogex I noticed I could push myself a little more. I still burnt out but I was able to get a few more reps in than usual. I think again that this was on par with other recovery supplements I have taken and honestly on par with straight BCAA products. I do want to note that I do not think I was on this product long enough to see the unique benefits it could potentially offer. The MGG study was conducted over 8 weeks and I was only on this for little over two weeks. While this was definitely an effective product I wonder, what my results would have been if I were on it for the full study duration.

Aminogex retails for $34.99 making it $1.16 per serving. However, I did find it on a1supplements.com for $28.95 making it $0.96 per serving. I will be honest I would not mind paying this to run this for 8 weeks to see my results with the MGG. Comparing this to other products is difficult since it has some unique ingredients. However, looking at the price of most other recovery products this is slightly more expensive. The one product that is similar and includes the same amount of MGG is Post Hak, which currently is going for $29.99 or $1.19 per serving. This is slightly more expensive than Aminogex. The major thing is whether you want to try out the MGG and if you do, Aminogex is worth a try.

Side Effects

I had no side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

Aminogex Ultra is an effective recovery product that improved my recovery, hydration, and fatigue. It includes a unique ingredient, MGG, which looks promising. It retails for about a $1.00 per serving, which is slightly more expensive than some other recovery supplements (but not by much). I would not mind paying that price and probably plan to run it for 8 weeks sometime soon. I definitely recommend giving it a shot especially if the MGG is something you would want to try. I would like to thank VMI Sports for sending the product and the trooper program for coordinating it.

-Xcmiler
          • Sweet Iced Tea: 7/10