(Better than 99% in Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA)

Aminogex Ultra is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by VMI Sports. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.
ARTICLES

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

June 19, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Recovery
  • Improved Hydration
  • Reduced Fatigue
  • Low Price

A very inexpensive amino acid product that ensures maximum hydration and recovery through registered ingredients and added electrolytes.

I want to thank VMI Sports for this opportunity.

I usually go for all 9, but BCAA's are still a blessing. Plus, this had some added benefits.

After trying their Major Mass and needing aminos, I decided to give this a try.

-Vitamin B6 - 25mg
    -Vitamin B12 - 30mcg

-Instantized BCAA's (InstAminos) @ 7g:

Leucine - 3.5g
    Isoleucine - 1.75g
    Valine - 1.75g

*shoutout to Compound Solutions! And 7g is a great dose.

-Betaine - 1.25g
    *this is a great addition to enhance hydration.

-Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate (MGG by Albion) - 400mg

-Potassium Glycinate (TRAACS by Albion) - 50mg

-Magnesium Glycinate (TRAACS by Albion) - 50mg

-Calcium Glycinate (TRAACS by Albion) - 50mg

-Sodium Chloride 50mg

*Everything after Glutamine are electrolytes to ensure hydration and recovery. They are registered ingredients to ensure maximum effectiveness. I like that they are included, I lack electrolytes in my life from time to time. Electrolytes are very important and I'm glad VMI advocates that. Dehydration is a no no.

Taste - I chose Orange Ice Pop. I enjoy that flavor in general. This tasted like it, but with a slight faint. It wasn't very strong and that's okay. It tasted great overall. They gave me samples and I will say the Pink Lemonade is something I would choose next.

Mixability - It mixed just fine. Nothing to worry about. Shake and drink.

Dosing - this is individual based, but we all have 30 servings to work with. I usually do 3 scoops a day. I took my time with this as I wasn't in a rush.

It works. It gets the job done. I feel they all do. It's tough to say if something is better than another. I will say this is a diverse amino product that is highly geared towards hydration. It definitely made me feel replenished allowing me to keep moving forward. One cannot recover solely on amino acids, but this was helpful during my recovery process. I was able to balance my electrolytes, become less fatigued, and maintain protein synthesis.

I give this a 10/10 because it provided what's needed for me to help build muscle and recover optimally.

The lowest I see is $23.99 @ allstarhealth.com. That's a ridiculous good price for 30 servings of 7g aminos, some betaine, special glutamine, and electrolytes. Like, so good. I feel it actually could pass for being more expensive due to the registered sources, but either way this is a great value.

Side Effects

Nothing at all. No headaches. No stomach issues. No diarrhea. All good.

Conclusion

For the price, this makes it one of my top choices. They are providing what's needed to ensure optimal recovery at a low price. It tastes great and I highly recommend it for the ones that want to maximize hydration/recovery.
    • Orange Ice Pop: 10/10

Other Prices:
    AllStarHealth   $23.99
    A1Supplements   $28.95
    Optimal Nutrition   $32.77

June 18, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improved Hydration
    • Improved Recovery
    • Fully Disclosed
    • Reduced Fatigue
    • Endurance
    • Taste
    • Price

One of the best BCAA formulas I've seen for the price point.

What is going on guys? I have another BCAA review for you today. I claimed this product because of the reputable VMI brand and the good looking label! I'd like to thank all the people at SR and VMI for making this review possible. Let's dive right in.

Highlights:
      7g of BCAAs
      (3.5g Leucine, 1.75g isoleucine, 1.75g Valine)
      1.25g of Betaine
      25mg of Vitamin B12

Right off the bat you notice that this product uses 7g of BCAAs as opposed to the traditional 5g per serving. I love this and wish that more companies went higher than the normal 5g dose. They also include a big dose of vitamin B6 and added in things like potassium, magnesium, sodium chloride, and calcium glycinate. The 'star' of this product is clearly the BCAAs and when I'm looking for a BCAA product that's really all that I care about! However, the addition of betaine which is a very underrated supplement in my opinion is a great add on. Betaine works to help improve overall strength throughout the course of your workout.

Taste: Pink Lemonade was very very good. This is one of the better tasting supplements I've used. It really tastes like pink crystal light lemonade!

Mixibility: Never had any problems, mixed with 8 ounces of water (or a full shaker bottle)

Dosage: 1 serving pre-workout or intraworkout was my usual dosage. I did use 2 servings in a day twice to see if there was more of an impact but I felt no real difference from the 1 serving. Because there was 7g of BCAAs in this product I saw no real reason to increase my dosage regularly. One serving was enough to meet my needs.

One serving was effective at decreasing my DOMs pretty significantly. I wasn't nearly as sore as I was before and I felt like my recovery time was faster and more efficient while using this product. I never felt dehydrated during my workouts while I was taking this as an intra, kudos to VMI for nailing the hydration aspect of this product. When I'm looking at effectiveness for a BCAA/Intra product I'm really just looking at recovery and muscle soreness. Both of these things were significantly improved during my trial with the product. I was able to train more intensely for longer due to the multiple benefits and wake up the next morning feeling pretty refreshed.

You can currently get this on AllStarHealth.com for around $24 which I think is a GREAT price for a BCAA product with 7g of BCAAs. 80 cents a serving is more than reasonable for the recovery benefits that I experienced.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a really good BCAA/Intra product for good price! I would highly recommend it.

Other Prices:
      AllStarHealth   $23.99
      A1Supplements   $28.95
      Optimal Nutrition   $32.77

June 12, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Improved Hydration
      • Improved Recovery
      • Fully Disclosed
      • Reduced Fatigue
      • Endurance
      • Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate
      • Artificial Dyes

Aminogex Ultra is a solid BCAA product that not only helps with recovery and hydration but also tastes great. The only negatives to be found are the artificial dyes and price point.

I was looking for a BCAA product to try since I'm in the middle of the calorie-restricted phase of my recomp plan. Having had overall success with VMI's products, I figured I would look at their Aminogex Ultra. When I saw the profile, and that they offered a mango flavor, I knew I had to try it.

8.5/10
      Aminogex Ultra contains 7 grams of BCAAs in a 2:1:1 ratio. This is my preferred ratio (its also the one most backed by science) and anything above 5 grams per scoop/serving is noteworthy as most BCAA products on the market offer 5 grams per scoop/serving. BCAAs help with recovery, endurance, and sparing muscle during calorie restricted periods.

There also a few added goodies in addition to the BCAAs (the mainstay of the product). The "goodies" are 600mgs of TRAACS minerals for hydration, Vitamins B6 and Vitamin B12, and 1.25 grams of Betaine. VMI uses TRAACS in a lot of their products, including their Protolyte, to promote proper hydration and with their other products that I have used I have found them to be very effective at it. I always like it when BCAA supplements include electrolytes because they are often used intra-workout when proper hydration is paramount. The inclusion of betaine, albeit at half the efficacious dose (although it is dosed optimally here as you should split the dose according to Examine), is nice to see as well. Betaine has cardio-protective and hydration benefits but it is likely included in Aminogex Ultra for its purported strength and endurance benefits. Finally, while B vitamins are always welcome, I personally get more than enough and don't notice any serious benefit from them.

There is not much more you could ask from a BCAA supplement. Of course there are extra "goodies" one may want like creatine, L-Citrulline, Taurine, Astragin, etc., but those are merely extras and not the mainstay of a BCAA product. That being said, I think creatine would be a good inclusion along with the existing betaine and L-Citrulline or Agmatine would be good for increased blood flow. Taurine would also help with hydration. Adding any or all of these could really make this profile stand out and break past a 8.5 rating.

My only qualm with this profile is the use of artificial dyes. I don't believe they are necessary and if dyes are desired then just use a naturally-derived dye.

I received the Mango flavor as well as some sample packets for the Pink Lemonade flavor and others (but I only really remember the Pink Lemonade flavor). Both were delicious, the mango was not too sweet and the pink lemonade was not too tart. Mixability was fine - I never had any grit at the bottom of my cup or anything of that nature.

I usually dosed this at 1 scoop intra-workout or pre-workout if I was using a carb supplement intra-workout. Additionally, I later wound up taking a scoop towards the end of the work day to hold me over until my gym session and subsequent dinner. I almost always added pure LCLT powder (2 grams) to this serving but occasionally I would forget and add it to the intra/pre-workout serving. On off days, I would just have 1 scoop at some point during the day and add in LCLT. I always mixed 1 scoop with 16-20oz of water after I found that the flavoring stayed consistent at multiple liquid levels (8-20oz).

8.5/10
      My experience with Aminogex Ultra was in line with what I have come to expect from most well-dosed BCAA supplements. Recovery, especially during my low-calorie days, was enhanced. I saw my DOMS/recovery time decrease by 1-2 days. It is worth nothing that about about a week or so into using Aminogex Ultra, I started taking arimistane which has contributed to me PRing every week since starting. Despite the continual increase in my workload at the gym, my recovery was always cut down by a day or so. That's exactly what I have come to expect from properly dosed BCAA supplements.

Additionally, I saw a small uptick in my endurance in the gym. Cardio felt a little easier, but more noticeably, I felt like I could push through my longer workouts a bit easier. I don't attribute all of this to Aminogex Ultra alone but I think it played some role. I typically measure endurance in terms of how cardio feels (usually in relation to minutes/time) but this time I noticed that my workouts flew by (felt no longer than 1 hour) despite being about 1.5-2hrs long. While carb supplements, arimistane, and even epicatechin likely contributed to this, I firmly believe that Aminogex Ultra played a part too. Perhaps it had something to do with maintaining proper hydration.

To that end, my hydration was on point while I was using this product. I've been actively working on drinking more water and fluids in general but I'm also taking a lot of different supplements that require greater fluid intake so proper hydration has never been more important to me. Taking 1-2 servings within 2 hours of working out (including during my workout) kept me perfectly hydrated and ready to tackle my workout for the day. In contrast, when I am dehydrated, I lose strength and feel extremely lethargic and thirsty; I never once felt like that around the times I would consume Aminogex Ultra. Using both the urine [color] test and the "I don't have the usual symptoms of dehydration" test, I can say with certainty that this product helped me stay hydrated. Was it the sole factor in me staying hydrated? No; my increased fluid intake definitely played a role. Did this have a noticeable positive effect? Yes.

Aminogex Ultra can be found at a few online retailers for about $30 with S&H. The best all-inclusive price I have found so far is on Amazon Prime for $29.97 for a 30 serving container. That's almost $1/serving. It is worth noting that AllStarHealth sells this for $23.99 and a few flavors on Amazon are $24.99. That brings the price per serving down to $0.80 and $0.83 respectively. However, All Starr charges $5.95 S&H so a single-product purchase here is not significantly better than buying from Amazon. Similarly, you are stuck paying more if you want some flavors, like the mango I tried. Even at the $0.80-$0.83 price point, this is a bit pricey. I would like to see this a lot closer to $0.67 a serving to make this more competitive. Additionally, this needs to be more readily available at more retailers. There are plenty of deals to be had in this product category if you just take the time to look and the somewhat limited availability and rather high pricepoint is doing no favors to an otherwise great product.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while taking Aminogex Ultra.

Conclusion

8.1/10
      I get to an 8.1/10 by averaging the Ingredient Profile, Taste/Mixability/Dosing, Effectiveness, and Value sections to get an 8.325/10. I then rounded down to a 8.0/10 to account for the greater weight I place on the Value section's rating. There are too many BCAA deals to be had to not give this more weight. I then gave it an extra 0.1 because the mango flavor was delicious and 1) mango is an easy flavor to mess up 2) flavoring is extremely important for BCAA products. I feel that this 8.1 rating accurately reflects my sentiments towards Aminogex Ultra. It is a great product that just makes the cut because its relatively poor value holds it back. All this being said, I recommend giving this product a chance if you can afford it, and like with VMI's Protolyte, I have already recommended this to one of my best friends looking for a BCAA product.
      • Pink Lemonade: 9/10

June 8, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Improved Hydration
      • Improved Recovery
      • Fully Disclosed
      • Artificial Dyes

Big thanks to VMI Sports for once again giving me an opportunity to review one of their supplements. I've done a few reviews for VMI Sports and they've grown on me quite a bit - so far I've enjoyed the supps I've used. Training in my garage gym here in Florida it can get pretty warm so I like to stay hydrated with BCAAs & Electrolytes. I've done quite a few intra workout reviews these past few months and Aminogex Ultra ranks high up there.

The ingredient profile features a transparent label of research backed ingredients. First off are two B Vitamins: 25mg of B6 & 30mcg B12. These vitamins are water soluble and help with maintaining a number of body functions. Next you get 7g of Instanized BCAAs (InstAminos) at a 2:1:1 (Common) ratio - 3.5g Leucine, 1.75g Isoleucine, 1.75g Valine. As most of you know BCAAs are building blocks of protein and help combat catabolism.

VMI Sports added 1.75g of Betaine (TMG) works like creatine (enhances strength/power). Next there is 400mg Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate a different form of Glutamine used to accelerate recovery. Finally there are four ingredients listed at 50mg each (TRAACS) Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium, Sodium Chloride which are all electrolytes.

Taste - I requested the Orange Ice Pop flavor which is one of six flavors currently available. Orange is my favorite flavor and this did not disappoint whatsoever. It had the taste of an orange popsicle and ranks up there in the top 3 flavors I've had for any supplement.

Mixability - No issues and mixed smoothly - I only mixed with water but I'm sure you can mix with juice or a sports drink.

Dosing - I used AminoGex as an intra-workout: I mixed one scoop with 20 oz of water and sipped on while training. On non-training days I had the same setup but i sipped on it through out the day.

In terms of effectiveness this ranks as one of the better intra-workout supplements I've used in a long time. Not only was AminoGex Ultra effective but it also tasted great. To grade effectiveness I'll use a few different categories:

Recovery 8.5/10 - I felt as if my recovery time was accelerated and allowed me to train harder. Muscles were less sore days following training sessions and there was a decrease in DOMs.

Hydration/Performance 9/10 - I combined these two because they go hand-in-hand with how I train. During my training cycle I reduced rest times to around 1 min between sets. This had a cardio like effect on my performance so I was able to continue training getting more work in less time. My hydration levels were increased - no signs of dehydration as my garage can reach temps of around 105 or so.

Strength 8.5/10 - As I was able to train harder in a much shorter time I felt like I was getting stronger with cardio/power. I did set some PRs on my compound lifts and feel like AminoGex Ultra helped some in that regard.

The cheapest value I found was on AllStarHealth.com for around $24 (30 servings). This is a great all around value for an Intra/Recovery product that is effective & tastes great. VMI Sports sells tubs on their website for around $38 per tub. If you've served in the military they have a discount which is a nice touch.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion Aminogex Ultra is a solid intra/post workout supplement that gives you an increase with.... recovery, hydration, performance, strength. I would recommend this product for its effectiveness-price-taste basically this has it all. I'll definitely be purchasing a few tubs and try out some of their other flavors. Once again I want to thank VMI Sports for participating in the SR TROOP Program.
      • Orange Ice Pop: 9/10

June 3, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Improved Hydration
      • Improved Recovery
      • Fully Disclosed
      • Endurance
      • Taste
      • Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate

BCAA's, hydration, and reduction of DOMS. What more could you ask for from an Amino product? VMI delivers big with this one.

I love BCAA's. They are really the one thing that keeps me alive with my workouts on top of a full days work. There is no way I could keep doing what I do if I was suffering from extreme muscle soreness or dehydration. Thanks to VMI for letting me try Aminogex Ultra, which came in handy more often than not over the past month of use. This product really kept me going when I needed it most, and as you read on you will understand why.

So for starters, this is a clean transparent label provided by VMI:

Ingredient Amount

Potassium Glycinate (TRAACS by Albion) 50mg
        Magnesium Glycinate (TRAACS by Albion) 50mg
        Calcium Glycinate (TRAACS by Albion) 50mg
        Sodium Chloride 50mg

So some interesting facts about these ingredients besides possibly looking pedestrian are what they chose to include and why.

The first one I want to highlight is the B12 in the form of methylcobalamin. Methylcobalamin is essential for the body to recycle homocysteine and to form the internal methyl donors involved in cardiovascular function, sleep, blood cell formation, and nerve function.* Most vitamin B12 supplements contain cyanocobalamin; however, the liver must first "detoxify" the cyanide molecule in cyanocobalamin and then attach a methyl group to form methylcobalamin.

While this is a simple ingredient and is in most products we use, the fact that they go the extra mile and use this form is just another shining moment for this product.

this product also includes electrolytes for hydration in the form of TRAACS by Albion. This consist of Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium, and Sodium. These are essential to the body for normal function. After watching my wife be hospitalized for electrolytes imbalance, it just hammered home on how important proper electrolyte maintenance really is. Most of us go hard in the gym whether that means, cross-fit, bro lifting, powerlifting or cardio, and we destroy our electrolyte levels, and this will help prevent that.

I requested the Orange Ice Pop flavor and was it ever spot on. Some of the criticism that I have seen with this product is people have said that the flavor is not strong enough or bland. I will agree, that the flavor is not overwhelming, however, an orange popsicle isn't the strongest flavor. With that being said, the flavor is very clean and refreshing, as opposed to sour and giving you a sense of dry mouth. For me, that is a win especially if you are really killing it.

The mixability was fantastic, it had very little foaming and mixed with ease. Yes over the course of consumption you will have to give it a shake every now and then, but that is standard with almost every BCCA product.

Dosing for me was 1 scoop (11.2g) to 32oz of water in my Nalgene bottle. I would consume this during my workout rather than before or after.

So in the realm of effectiveness, this was a real winner. Over the past 2 months, I have not had the appropriate time needed to really work on my cardio in preparation for my military PT test due to some personal issues. So what that means was me walking onto a track being ill-prepared and trying to run a sub 11min 1.5 mile run. This is where the hydration factor and clean taste came in handy from this product. Not only did I not get cotton mouth while running, I felt very hydrated during the entire effort, which ultimately allowed me to push myself and reach my goal without preparing. As a 33-year-old, this is not easy as opposed to when I was in my 20's. Outside of this, I noticed that while was suffering during leg day by lunging 400m at a time, my legs were not as bad off as they used to be. Normally I would be in a wheelchair from doing something like that, but again the hydration factor, plus the amino's kept me from feeling like death.

Because this was so effective, I was also able to push harder and longer during workouts, and come back for more the next day. I have tried many BCAA products out there, and most do not deliver on the level that this did. While this product does not have ingredients like CM in it, and it is not geared to make you swole, that fact that it will allow you to push for longer, and maintain a higher level of effort, it will lead to a reduction of body fat and an increase of muscle and strength.

You can find this for $24 on allstarhealth.com which is 30 servings for $24 which comes to $.80 a serving. Given that this offers electrolytes and is much more than your run of the mil BCAA product, I find this to be a fantastic value.

Side Effects

None to report

Conclusion

VMI does it again with this one. Is it the strongest flavored product on the market? No, but that is fine because of the clean taste. This delivers time and time again, and for the price that you can get this at, it is almost a steal. I highly encourage you to try this as an intro to BCAA's because you will see what a product should deliver for you. It will set a high standard for all other products that you try later on, and I am confident that you will find yourself coming back to this product, time and time again.
        • Orange Ice Pop: 8/10

April 11, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Improved Hydration
        • Improved Recovery
        • Fully Disclosed
        Sending out a big thanks to the folks over at VMI for providing their product up for review to the TROOPs. A good amino product is worth it's weight in gold to use a clich, but also a truth if you're serious about your workouts and your recovery. Whether you drink yours during your workout like I do or immediately after, a good BCAA product is part of a solid foundation of recovery and growth.

Dosage

1 scoop taken peri-workout.

Ingredient Profile (8/10)

This profile is geared more towards an intra-workout in my eyes, starting off with a B Vitamin complex of B6 and B12. Each scoop will give you 7 grams of BCAAs, which is a nice healthy dose and above and beyond what the "standard" is. Next you get 1.25 grams of Betaine for a little performance and endurance boost. While only half of what a sufficient dose would normally be, if you're stacking this with a preworkout that also contains Betaine like I was, then this acts as a nice buffer and addition. To top it all off, you get an electrolye complex known as TRAACS that is included in other VMI products. Electrolytes are a nice little add in for a intra-workout driven product to keep you adequately hydrated. So while not overly complex, this product is above and beyond what a normal BCAA product would be.

Mixture (9/10)

This product mixed very well, especially for a BCAA product. As I normally do I mixed with more water than called for in the directions, so that could have contributed a bit. There was hardly any leftovers in the shaker and no undissolved powder at the bottom .

Taste (9/10)

I got to sample the Pink Lemonade flavor of this product, which is low key one of my favorite flavors. The taste did not disappoint, it tasted like Country Time Lemonade minus the sweetness. I was half tempted to mix in some iced tea and have a real tasty beverage with me at the gym. Even cutting it with more water than normal the taste was still very prevalent.

Effectiveness (8.5/10)

Gauging effectiveness of a BCAA product can be a little tricky, as it is more of what I would call a "behind the scenes" kind of supplement. While it won't directly cause you to get swole up, it definitely does the dirty work in helping to aid in recovery of your muscles after a strenuous workout. When it comes to this product, the best thing I noticed was the hydration factor. Definitely quenched my thirst in the gym (except for the yoga pants girls). As far as the recovery aspect goes, this is right in line with what you'd expect from a good BCAA product, no dreaded DOMS or zombie walking for me.

Value (9/10)

The cheapest place appears to be allstarhealth.com at $23.99 for 30 servings, or about 80 cents per serving. This is a pretty good deal for a higher than normal about of BCAA per serving, along with the added goodies you get.

Conclusion and Verdict

VMI Aminogex Ultra is a simple yet effective BCAA product. With a higher than standard dose of BCAAs at 7 grams per scoop and hydration and performance support with electrolytes and Betaine, this is a solid product that garners serious consideration for anyone who wants a good intra-workout drink. Big thumbs up and Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
        • Pink Lemonade: 9/10

April 9, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Improved Hydration
        • Improved Recovery
        • Reduced Fatigue
        • Endurance
        • Fully Disclosed
        • Artificial Dyes

This is an incredible product with an even more incredible price point, and definitely a product I plan to add to my regular rotation of supplements.

First and foremost I'd like to say thanks to the SR Troops program and VMI Sports for putting this supplement into my hands.

With that, I would like to apologize for taking so long to come this review. I suffered a work related injury that kept me out of the gym for a month and prevented me from finishing the product as quickly as I should have.

So let's kick things off with a quick look at the ingredients:

First I would like to point out the nice dosage of vitamin B6 (25mg) and B12 (30mcg) included in this product. The B vitamins acted as a quick pick me up that helped me to get focused and ready for my workouts.

Aminogex is well dosed at 7g of BCAAs in a 2:1:1 ratio: 3.5g of L-Leucine and 1.75g of both L-Valine and L-Isoleucine. This makes for a solid dosage of BCAAs to help in recovery and establishing an anabolic environment to promote muscle growth.

My favorite part of this supplement though is the included electrolytes. Containing potassium, sodium, magnesium, and calcium, aminogex not only aids in endurance and recovery, it also does a great job of keeping you hydrated.

The electrolytes were also an added benefit for myself because when I began taking this product, I was in the process of transitioning my body into ketosis. For those who may be unaware, the process of transitioning into ketosis can be rough, causing flu like symptoms. The best way to combat these symptoms is by keeping your electrolytes up, which can be hard to do when most electrolyte packed drinks are riddled with sugary carbs.

Taste:
        I requested and was sent the sweet iced tea flavor. At first, I wasn't very happy with the flavor, but after playing with the amount of water I mixed it in, I found the taste very enjoyable. For me, the sweet spot seemed to be 1 scoop in about 18-20oz of water. Also, being the excellent company they are, VMI sports also sent me sample packets of all of the other flavors in order for me to try as well. I can honestly say there was not a single flavor I did not enjoy, however my favorite was easily the tropical mango, which says alot because I'm not a huge fan of mango flavors.

Mixability:
        The product mixed well regardless of the amount of water I used, with very little floaters or sinkers. Throughout the use of this product I typically just put a scoop into a bottle of water and it mixed well with a little shaking. No stirring or shaker cup required.

Dosage:
        Everyone seems to have their preference of dosage when it comes to BCAAs. For me, I used the product twice a day. Once during my workout for endurance and hydration, and once post workout for recovery.

Sometimes the effectiveness of BCAAs can be hard to judge, especially when used with a preworkout. I can confidently say, however, that I experienced great results with this product. Using this product intra workout kept me hydrated, and provided a noticeable reduction in fatigue. I was able to push through my sets without tiring, and my typical 2 hour workouts did not leave me as drained as usual while using this product.

As a recovery supplement, I noticed reduced DOMS and less fatigue over the days after my workouts. While I did not measure my body composition before and after using the product, I did see a perceived increase in muscle tone and definition.

At $25 for a highly effective 30 serving tub, I'd rate Aminogex as one of the best values for your money. I've paid double this for BCAAs that I don't find tasted as good or worked as well.

Side Effects

No noticeable side effects

Conclusion

If you're looking for a great product, Aminogex Ultra is the right choice. If you're looking for a cost effective BCAA supplement, Aminogex Ultra is the right choice. If you're looking for a great tasting BCAA supplement, Aminogex Ultra is the right choice. Basically, if you supplement BCAAs, you should be using Aminogex Ultra.
        • Cherry Lime Italian Ice: 8/10
        • Pina Colada: 7/10
        • Orange Ice Pop: 8/10
        • Pink Lemonade: 7/10
        • Sweet Iced Tea: 7/10

February 26, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Improved Hydration
        • Improved Recovery
        • Artificial Dyes

Another review for the SR people. Thank you to VMI for another good product. I have tried a few of the VMI products and have yet to find something that wasn't good.

The Aminogex Ultra has many amino acids. The outside of the tube shows 7g BCAA, 400mg MGG, 2:1:1 ratio and no sugar. The ingredients are Vitamin B6 and B12, Instantized BCAA 7g (leucine, isoleucine, valine), Betaine 1.25g, Magnesium glycinate glutamine chelate 400mg, Potassium glycinate 50mg, Magnesium glycinate 50mg, Calcium glycinate 50mg and Sodium chloride 50mg. This has the right amount of vitamins and the core BCAA. Betaine is an amino acid used to increase muscle gains and losing weight. Betaine can be harmful if too much used and the 1.25g is a safe amount. Magnesium glycinate glutamine chelate and magnesium glycinate are both minerals and this mineral is absorbed by the body easier because it is chelate magnesium. Its benefits range from energy to stronger bones and health. Potassium glycinate is also a mineral that can help with fluid levels. Calcium glycinate is to help with the brain, muscles, and healthy bones. Sodium chloride, also known as salt, is an electrolyte that helps with water in the body. The ingredients contain the core BCAA and work with the other ingredient to help the body recover, stay hydrated, and keep the muscles and bones strong.

There are several options to choose from on the flavor of the Aminogex Ultra. I was able to get this in Cherry Lime Italian Ice and the taste was really good. Sometimes you'll get something that says it tastes like this but it doesn't. This is where they came through with a good flavor. The mixability was great and had no issues. The dosing was one scoop to improve endurance and two scoops for maximum recovery. I stuck with the one scoop and was able to get endurance and recovery so one scoop was fine. This was a great rating.

This was a wonderful amino acid. It did exactly what you need the amino acids to do. I was able to stay hydrated while using this so that was a great addition. I always had a good recovery with no issues. There were no problems with fatigue, and I was able to get a little burst of energy for endurance but nothing like a pre-workout. The ultra helped me keep going. This was a good rating.

This was not an item I found hard to get. I was able to find it as low as $24 but most prices were around $30. So you can see that it's $1 per serving or less. At the $24 mark, you're getting this at 80 cents per serving. This is a price I've always been willing to pay for a good amino acid. I'm to give this value a high rating.

Side Effects

No side effects

Conclusion

Like I said in the intro, VMI is a great company who continues to come out with wonderful products. I've never been disappointed with anything that I have tried by VMI. The amino acids ultra did what I needed it to do. The flavor was wonderful. No problems with mixing. The value for me was pretty dead on. The effectiveness was what I needed. This is a great rating.
        • Cherry Lime Italian Ice: 10/10

February 21, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Improved Hydration
        • Improved Recovery
        • Endurance
        • Fully Disclosed
        • Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate
        • Weak Taste

Even with a hurt leg and being 40 year old I still try to push myself everyday in the gym and with everyday life. VMI tried to help by making a bcaa built to help with all these issues.

Everyone has spelled out the profile.
        The thing's I will point out is a solid dose of bcaa at 7 grams.
        400mg MGG is included and TRAACs electrolytes by Albion to assist with hydration.
        Zero sugars and aspartame free.
        Enhanced B vitamins.
        All this together dose make up a solid profile.

I had pink lemonade, and several here liked it but I was highly disappointed from it. No matter how little water or scoops I put in. I just seemed weak to me. I like some bite to my lemonade and this just did not have it for me.
        The mixing was great, never an issue.
        I used this some as a intra and it worked okay, I also used this as a midday bcaa .

Even with a great profile I just never did feel the standard benefit's I typically feel with this one. I did not lose any strength or gain strength for that matter on this. Even during the day I did not feel the normal pick me up during the day like some give me.
        As a intra I had normal recovery, nothing out of this world. I did not feel like I was super hydrated . I know some may say I did not drink enough water but I know that is not the problem.
        Not much more to say. I just feel like this one did not work well with me.

It is not a bad by, and still a decent bcaa . Finding this at around 24 bucks is a good deal, but I will stick with my xtend or other's that have always worked well for me.

Side Effects

zero

Conclusion

VMI, thank you for letting me try this. I am sorry I was just not blown away with this one. Still not a bad product. Just not one that I will search out for.
        • Pink Lemonade: 5/10

February 18, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Improved Hydration
        • Reduced Fatigue
        • Taste
        • Endurance
        • Fully Disclosed
        • Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate
        • Artificial Dyes

I'm a natural bodybuilder who is attending the University of Arizona, I run a fitness page on instagram @ boonbrandon, and I have been fascinated by supplementation for quite awhile and have put hours and hours into reading sports medicine journals and research papers testing how effective supplements/individual ingredients are.

To start off, we have the three BCAAs Lecuine (3.5 grams - above the baseline 3 gram dose needed to be effective in clinical studies) and Isoleucine and Valine at 1.75g each. On top of the bcaas, 400mg MGG is included (magnesium glycinate glutamine) as well as TRAACs electrolytes by Albion to assist with hydration. These are seemingly subtle touches but definitely beef up what would be a simple BCAA formula. Also, 1.25 grams of Betaine is included (betaine helps with strength/endurance) and is definitely one of my favorite ingredients found in pre workouts so it is cool to find it in an intra workout so I was very impressed with that!

Aminogex really knocks it out of the park in all 3 of these categories. In terms of dosing, 1 scoop size is enough to give you an effective dose of BCAAs. I did not have a single issue with mixability, I usually just mixed a scoop to a scoop and a half with 12 ounces of water in my blender bottle. Taste is AWESOME!! I normally don't give too much credit to a supplement for the taste since most supplements these days have gotten a lot better when it comes to flavors, and at the end of the day we drink it for the effects not the taste but HOLY these taste good. I got the Pina Colada tub but VMI sent a sample packet of every single flavor and I must say I loved every single one (9/10) except for the Orange flavor which I would give probably a 7. If I were to buy again I would def buy the cherry limeade or pink lemonade flavor.

Being perfectly honest, and I'm sure a lot of you agree, it is hard to judge the actual effectiveness of a BCAA supplement but I used this while in a caloric deficit for around a 4 week minicut and I retained all of my strength during the cut, and didn't lose any muscle while dropping over 2.5-3% bodyfat and 10 pounds. Obviously this was a result of caloric intake but I used Aminogex during every training session, which were long and intense and I did cardio after each long training session (practically fasted) so I would say this definitely helped me in some way, shape, or form.

I can find 30 servings for 26-27 dollars on amazon which isn't that bad considering this is in the upper half of amino supplements, but you can still find comparable supps like Xtend, Gold Standard, Amino X etc. for around 20-24 dollars for 30 servings. However, I would PERSONALLY spend a few dollars more for something that I think is a step up from those supplements so I have to give it a pretty good score for value.

Side Effects

No side effects at all.

Conclusion

Overall, this supp exceeded my expectations for sure! I think this is a really good upper-tier amino supplement/intra-workout that isn't necessarily as comprehensive as something such as Intra Blast, but is also far cheaper than that leaving this as definitely one of the better amino supps for the money!
        • Orange Ice Pop: 7/10